Starstream Think Tank

ShadowHounder

So, just because I feel like it, I'm gonna go ahead and give you all an idea of where all of my character specific locations are in relativity to the ship's layout.

Tobias' Workshop: It's just a small room nearby the entrance to the engineering bay. It has two entrances (one in the engineering bay and one in the hallway), however, Tobias has since welded the hallway entrance shut since taking claim to what is essentially a broom closet :p

Tobias' bedroom: In the hallway near his workshop, on the corner to the left. The room is left mostly empty... since Tobias often passes out from exhaustion in his own Workshop.

Winter's Room: Winter's room is nearby the main entryway to the Golden Wind. To get there you need to enter the ship, take a right and it's the door on the left of the next intersection.

Yip's (Former) Room: Is in the center most of the ship, nearby the kitchen. Despite leaving the crew without informing anyone, everything she had was still there (including her communicator and portable electromagnetic pulsar [or whatever the fuck I called it, too lazy to reread the collab lol])

Elisa's (Former) Room: Right next to JJ's room... 'cause why not :p

Dahlexpert

Well considering Roberta is the second in command of the pirate faction I got here, I want people to understand why she’s so crazy. I say crazy but she’s just manipulative.

ShadowHounder

Well considering Roberta is the second in command of the pirate faction I got here, I want people to understand why she’s so crazy. I say crazy but she’s just manipulative.
I case what I'm trying to say is, "Does revealing her backstory make sense for this point in her current story?"

It's a question you have to ask yourself before beginning to turn your backstory draft into a full chapter (or post in this instance). It's one of the main reasons why big backstories like Yip's and Elisa's are things I haven't really focused on... because in this point of their current story, it wouldn't really fit for their past to be present to the audience (you guys). In contrast, both Master and Tobias have had big reveals into their past and often bring their backstory up in conversation... because it fits with the characters and it makes sense for them to have big backstory reveals at this point in their primary story.

This is just how I see it... as someone who writes with pacing and having specific main story pieces in mind for any character I choose to flesh out and place into a creative format. The decision is yours at the end of the day.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Two new posts up, mine and Dahl's and mine and Frost's. I hope you enjoy them.

Aeshleigh and Karii are still on board the Golden Wind for now if anyone wants to collab with them. Whether they stay on board as permanent NPCs is up to how popular they are, though I am sure [Redacted] would like to have someone close to her age. Someone... else... snuck aboard the ship as well. If anyone wants to collab with them, let me know.

Last edited:

ShadowHounder

Two new posts up, mine and Dahl's and mine and Frost's. I hope you enjoy them.

Aeshleigh and Karii are still on board the Golden Wind for now if anyone wants to collab with them. Whether they stay on board as permanent NPCs is up to how popular they are, though I am sure Yip's daughter would like to have someone close to her age. Someone... else... snuck aboard the ship as well. If anyone wants to collab with them, let me know.
You haven't posted that mission yet O-O

ShadowHounder

So, in my conceptualization of making a darker counterpart to Ash... I may or may not have made a masochistic, war loving thot bot *Sweat intensifies*

I hope Harbinger, the Unholy Admiral of the Commanding Star is to your guy's liking

Black0ut

So, in my conceptualization of making a darker counterpart to Ash... I may or may not have made a masochistic, war loving thot bot *Sweat intensifies*

I hope Harbinger, the Unholy Admiral of the Commanding Star is to your guy's liking
*Immediately gets declared war on by Ghost* Now, now... I can't have you ruining my lovely little sandbox that I just made... Maybe yo u should work for a better mind than your own? *Several volcanoes erupt in the background to show how terrible of an idea that is*

ShadowHounder

*Immediately gets declared war on by Ghost* Now, now... I can't have you ruining my lovely little sandbox that I just made... Maybe yo u should work for a better mind than your own? *Several volcanoes erupt in the background to show how terrible of an idea that is*
too late XD

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Reminds me of a two part episode of Star Trek Voyager.

Anyone... watch Voyager? No? Just me? Okay...

Anyway, the premise was Voyager was stuck 70,000 light years from home and had to find away to get home that wouldn't take about 7 decades. But they always try to do so ethically while following the prime directive (except those times when they don't, like when they teamed up with the Borg, but that is a whole other can of worms). Their main doctor, simply known as The Doctor, was their Emergency Medical Hologram who took over as main doctor when their main human doctor dies in the first episode. Ash is partially inspired by him.

Anywho, my long winded point is there was a two part episode where Voyager runs into another Federation ship that got trapped in the Delta Quadrant years before them, but find out their bad guys who threw away ethics and morals to get home asap. They have an EMH too, but they reprogrammed him and turned off his ethical subroutines to make him, like, an evil version of The Doctor.

TL: DR, that's what she is like. An anti-Ash. Nega-Ash. Evil version of Ash. All she needs is to look like him but with a goatee and she'd be perfect. Actually makes me wonder if she can change her appearance like Ash can and will try to pose as him at some point, but will be found out because she is too EVIL! That... that happened in the Voyager episode too.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Bored bored bored. Work is boring me... because it's boring.

Any of you few Switch holders getting Pokemon in less then three weeks? I'd love to have someone to battle and trade with on the reg. And if you're undecided on which one to get, I'm getting Shield because... I don't know, magenta is more my color then cyan (wink if you get that esoteric reference). So get Sword... and trade me a Sirfetch'd. I'll trade you a Galarian Vuplix.

No one here plays Pokemon Go, do you? Besides me obviously since I'm asking the question. It is another place where we could battle and trade. Hell, since we can actually communicate, trading would be a lot easier. And I need someone to fight regularly. I DESPERATELY need Sinnoh stones and the are so impossible to get without a regular battle partner...