X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 - JOURNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahlo

Delayed Journal for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CFhKhW5MvXU#t=1305

Name
: Derick "Voodoo 37" Lee
Current Rank: God of the Skies
Mission Name: UFO-2
Mission Location: Japan
Mission Objective: Identify UFO & Proceed Accordingly
Payload: Avalanch AMRAAM
Hostile Downed This Mission: 0
Hostiles Downed since joining XCOM: 1 Saucer

Derick: Get off you stupid piece of shit!

Never in his life did Derick have as much trouble with a seatbelt as he was having now. It didn't help that the cockpitch hatch wasn't opening, or that the Raven he was barely able to land on the emergency runway was a slight breeze from being complete scrap. It was honestly a miracle he landed it, and frankly, the landing had a better chance of killing him than the aliens did.

Shifting down in the seat, he raises his legs and gives on hard thrust. The glass and metal of the canopy jerks, but doesn't give. Starting to get claustrophobic, he kicks in a faster pace, he knocks out the panel and scrambles out into the fresh air. He doesn't listen to the emergency crew that's rushing to check on him and the plane, brushing them off as he heads to the catwalk to get in the hangar form the surface.

Derick: Ready the seconds Raven... What are you standing around for!?

Hangar Worker: It got shipped to North America, only thing we got left is the Skyranger.

Derick: What IDIOT made that call?

There was an awkward silence for a couple seconds. The commander did, who else. After ripping off his helmet, the throws it violently. It rocichets off the landing pad and careens into on the the work benches, sending nuts and bolts scattering in every direction as he storms off into the pilot briefing room. Nobody grounds Derick Lee.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, between life being hectic and struggling to find a direction with this post, it's obvious been taken a bit.

Last edited:

Grelite

To: Project X-COM Mail Room
Subject: RE: Unusual Letter - Update

Permission Granted.

Signed, Major Shaojie Zhang

There, that's the last of my business today. And a long day it has been. After the long streak of successes we have had in our efforts against the aliens, losing a soldier is an extreme setback on morale. We know what is at stake and we know that any casualty is devastating with such a small team. My interactions with Colin Weger had been picking up since he had been assigned the Heavy Weapons class. In the few days before the encounter in France I had tried to give him pointers on precision detonations and LMG spread.

If it is any consolation in his memory, he went out with a bang. The few missions he had been on were ones he performed exceptionally in. I had figured him to replace my position at some point; the young to pick up what the old dropped, but alas, I'll carry on in his wake. There is a lot for us to do to get back in shape. Though we managed to make use of the alien technology I had provided, it will take a while before it will pay off.

Aristeus

Name: Jorn ´Juice´ Lemonade
Current Rank: Cpt.
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 11
Total missions in XCOM: 8
In the infirmary.

Audio Log #10:
So I almost died, it was pretty close. But I was still very lucky. I can't say the same about my good friend Colin. I wish that I already healed. Going on that misson, to save him. I even would have caught the bullet for him. He had something to go back to, to his wife and daughter, I have nothing, maybe my sister... but that is different. Those fucking aliens, why did they even come here? As soon as I get up, I'm going to fuck up those aliens so hard. I'l show them what happens when you kill one of my firends!

Colin, thank you. I will take good care over your loved ones, and I will praise the chessboard you gave me.
Colin, thank you for being there, as a good firend, rival and colleague. I will not die, I will carry out your last words. So I make sure to win this war so that you may rest in peace.
Goodbye my firend.
--] End of log

AaronBryant

Surveillance Recording, X-COM Housing Area
Bunk D-5, 1200 Hours Local Time

(the events of this log happens before the death of Colin Wedger.)

Aaron: "oh hey Colins i was ughh just leaving" * Aaron gets up in a hurry looking embarrassed*

• Colin: "No man it's alright, you can stay...I'm not mad at you or anything, I know you must be feeling really down at the moment. Would be rude of me to just get mad at you for pushing me around."

• Colin smiles slightly

• Aaron: *Sits down tentatively holding his legs close to his body* " I miss her" *he stays silent a few moments* "I dont know what i should do with myself most days i havent eaten breakfast since it happened and ive only been eating lunch in the gym either by myself or Ayame." *he grips his bible tightly*

• Aaron: "Whats Ayame been up to?"

• Colin: "Ugh Ayame got herself in all kinds of trouble, but I made sure she got out of them safe, well more like she made sure she got out of it, I was just there to help her, she is a strong women who can take of her own."

• Aaron: " Yea she is" *Aaron sighs* " Im sorry Colins"
  • Colin: "There is nothing to be sorry about Aaron."

• Aaron: "you didnt deserve that though if any one deserved it it was axton he is such an asshole" *Aaron has a grimace on his face*

• Colin: "No man it is totally alright, but what is your problem with axton?"
  • The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mister Freeman. Wake up and... *smell the ashes*...

• Aaron: "He said that i was being a bitch crying over my family i dont care what he has gone through or what he has to say about that. It was simply disrespectful it was a dick move insensitive and shameful for himself and his family he made himself look like he was raised by a pack of fucking animals. He shouid respect a man in mourning or learn to shut his mouth before he gets it smacked off."

• Colin: Well Aaron, everybody has there own view, and Axton is a hard and strong man, I can understand that he does feel anything like you do, he never really had a real familie.”

• Aaron: Then he shouldnt say shit bout things he doesnt understand.

• Colin: I cant tell you how to feel Aaron. He is different maybe one day he will experience the kind of grief your going through. I hope he doesnt he needs friends he needs the love that has been denied him for a long time.

• Aaron: *sigh* " I should turn the other cheek. I can put aside my hate for a moment to try and talk to him just as long as he doesnt bring up .. . . . her."

• Colin: Thats a step in the right direction. * Colin clasps Aarons hand and pulls him up* Go get some lunch you look like hell. *Colin smiles at Aaron*

• Aaron: *Aaron smiles back and jogs out*
    • (OOC: Sorry bout the dumb bullets i dont know how to get rid of them and i spent thirty minutes wrking on them :p)

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
[The following was a collaborative effort between Frostlich1228, Sharkdragon96, and ZombieSplitter53]

X-COM Soldier Barracks
Room of Brown, Kasagi, & Stone

Ayame's Personal Recorder comes to life, though from the looks of things, this was be accident. Ayame wears only her sleeping wear of a pair of short-shorts and a tank top. Her face is flushed, her eyes glazed over. She drunkenly fills her cup and swigs it back. She suddenly has an enraged look, and quickly stands up and throws her chair against the wall. It bounces off and flies back, barely missing her. Persephone bursts in with a sense of urgency after hearing the chair being smashed.

"What the hell was..." She notices the current state Ayame is in and glances over with a sense of disgust to the almost empty bottle on her bunk. "Oh shit!"

Ayame gives Persephone an unusually bright smile, practically shouting, "Wèi, Perfa...Persepy...Persa...Wèi!" She grabs her bottle and carries it over to the table, where she retrieves a second cup, filling it up. She extends it towards Persephone, asking, "D-do you wants a drunks...a drinks?"

Persephone just stands there with a look of disgust at Ayame, refusing to take the cup. Ayame frowns, and drinks the sake herself. She tries to pour some more, but finds the bottle is empty. With an angry sigh, she grabs her box and pulls out a second bottle, uncorking it. Persephone runs over and grabs the bottle out of her hand.

"HEY," Ayame yells, jumping to her feet. "Give (hick) givit back! That costed me ¥3500! Its ginjo!" Ayame drunkenly tries to grab the bottle.

Anna walks around the corner and into the room. She looks at Ayame and see's that she is wobbling, she gives them both a strange look before zooming in on the bottle in Persephone's hand. Anna let's out a long sigh and glares at Ayame sharply. " She was drinking... wasn't she?"

"Эй! Anna!" Ayame gives Anna a giddy smile. "Wanna join mmmmme?" She jumps up, snatching the bottle for Persephone's hand.

Persephone grabs it back. "Stop it!" She yells, "Just stop it!"

Ayame gives Persephone a look like a pouting child, and sits down in a huff. "YOu (hick) yous boff...party poopers, you know thats?"

Anna walks up to Ayame and firmly grabs her wrist. "Ayame, Stop! You Promised me you wouldn't drink anymore, remember?!"

Persephone looks at Anna. "Can you please help me talk some sense into her?"

Ayame angrily yanks her arm away. "I can having a drinks if I WANTS! I grown little girl! YOu...you always have something to say. YOU NOT MY MOTHER!" She folds her arms and turns away from the two.

Anna looks back at Persephone."I'm trying, but she is just impossible to talk to when she is like this!"

"You mean this has happened before?"

"Unfortunately, it has...But last time I made her promise me that she would never drink again!"

Ayame stares daggars at Anna. "I saids Y-YOUS not mine mother. MY mother ish died...dead. My sister ish dead. M-My Lizzy ish dead. Now Colin ish dead. Everyone (hick) I...caring about..." Ayame looks down, her angry eyes starting to water. "Yous twwoos...probsly NEXT!"

Ayame stands up and angrily stomps towards the door. Persephone is a little taken back by the last thing she said. "Now wait a minute!" Persephone says in a stern tone before taking a deep breath and calming down. "Don't do this to yourself! Look, I understand completely where you're coming from, believe m,e I really do. But this isn't the way to handle it!"

Ayame drunkenly swings around. "Din howshoud I handles dis, hmm? How wouds yous handles know you is a curse ons everyones you loves or is caren aboutsh.?"

Ana steps forward. "Ayame, I know you're sad about what happened to Colin... But you need to remember all the good times that you spent with him, and not focus on the fact that he's gone!" Anna looks down at the floor for a second. "That's how I remember my Dad after all..."

"All da (hick) good times won't helps whend I am all aloness." Ayame opens the door and starts to leave.

"Is this what Colin would have wanted?" Persephone shouts. Ayame stops, and stands in silence for several moments. She sobs softly, before closing the door and taking a seat on the bed. She looks at her two roommates with pleading eyes.

Persephone puts an arm on Ayame's shoulder. "One of the last things Colin said to me was that the one thing he feared more then dying was being forgotten, he said that he would be at peace as long as his memory lived on with the people he cared about, and drowning that memory out in alcohol doesn't bring honor to his death, it just makes you dead to everyone else."

Ayame sobs loudly, placing her hands over her eyes. "You're right. I'm so sorry. I dint mean to snaps at yous too. I'm just so scared Ima lose eveybodys."

Anna gives Ayame a big hug. "Ayame...If you cherish everyday you spend with us, you will always remember us if, at some point, we die...and if you always remember us and keep our love in your heart... it'll be like we never left " Persephone puts an arm around Ayame too.

Ayame embraces the two, a faint smile on her face. The two women pull away, and Ayame stands up, only to fall down again. "Wow, dishis embarrassen. How dosh peoples do this. Ish its normal to get dis drunks so easenly?"

Anna smiles, saying, "No Ayame. You're what people call a...lightweight. "

Ayame starts to giggle, then laughs hysterically. She turns to Persephone and says, "Can I tells you sumfin I woodnt has da nerve to say sobers?"

"Sure."

Ayame smirks widely. "I am sooo atraccteds to you. I(hick) I might not 'ave a lots experimence, but I could make you squirm with extency, more den dat ffffffuckin' perbert from da labs.

Anna gives her a shocked look. "Ok! Time for you to get your rest, right Ayame?"

Ayame groggily looks at Anna, saying, "I didnits forgets about yours, Anna. Da offer is always opened, my beutiful friend." She rocks slightly for several several seconds before falling back on the bed, completely knocked out.

Anna looks at Persephone and sighs. "And that's why I made her promise she would never drink again.. "

"Yeah... good plan!" Persephone starts to get an unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach. "Good god, what a day. I don't know about you, but I think I'm going to turn in for the night."

Ayame mumbles softly in Mandarin, a smile on her face. Her camera starts letting out a beeping noise to indicate it's battery is low. "Me too " Anna responds, walking over to the camera and shuting it off.

Dahlexpert

The following was made in collaborative effort between Dhalexpert & Zombiesplitter 53

Axton walks to Anna and Ayame room. Sigh maybe there not home.

Ayame slowly walks out of the adjoining bathroom, rubbing her temples, her eyes closed. She still wears her sleeping attire. She jumps when she notices Axton, shouting, "What are you doing in here!"

Hello to you to,um I was gonna talk to you later but since your here I need to talk to you.

"Well, knock next time! What if I was changing, or enjoying some private time? It is proper etiquette with a lady."

I was gonna knock ,but you just kinda came out here.

Ayame sighs, and grabs a duffle bag from beneath her bed. As she rummages through it, she asks, "What can I do for you Axton, and please keep your voice down, I have a headache."

You to Hugh, I take it you been hitting the bottle to while morning Colin.

"In a manner of speaking. It doesn't take much fo me. Luckily Anna amd Persehone were here to keep me from doing anything stupid. I'll be begging their forgiveness for the next year."

Heh I can only imagine the crap you did while you were not you,any way how are you holding up after the death of Colin.

"I'm better...now. But it hit me pretty hard. Why? Were you upset by it?"

Yea,Colins death came at a very bad time for me.Because I have command on my ass,my family turned my house into a damn forties,and the icing on the cake my fucking outher half is trying to take advantage om right now.Also Colin was my first ever friend that I ever made,he was the only friend that I had and now he's gone.

Ayame looks up at Axton, raising an eyebrow. "Don't you think it's unfair to be so hard on Aaron for losing his family when you're so upset about losing a friend?"

What does he have to do with this.

"I'm just saying, he was upset about what you said about his family dying, and now you're upset about Colin. Seems hypocritical is all."

Sigh, look We all new what we got our selves in to when we signed up for.Aaron missing his family is natural,but saying that it's his fault is pathetic we can not control were the aliens attack,I no I was being harsh about it but he needs to get over it and morn them is silence like the rest of us.

"Were you mourning in silence? You didn't make any fuss, huh?" Ayame shakes her head. "Maybe Aaron deserves an apolog. " She stands up with some clothes, and motions for Axton to turn around.

sigh,look i'm not good a being sympathetic ok, and yes I swore to skin the alien leader alive but will not apologize for what I said to Aaron for what I said,look i'm still learning about emotions and yes I will miss Colin every day of my life,but I will honor him by keeping my promise to him before he died.

"That's noble of you, if nothing else." After several seconds of silence, Ayame asks, "Do you mind turning around, or would you rather just watch me change?"

Axton turned around and closed his eyes,so who was Colin to you.

Ayame quickly slips off her shorts and top and quickly starts to get dressed, keeping an eye on Axton."At first, a rival for Anna' attention. But after helping me out with that creep from the labs, he really earned my respect. What about you?"

He.....he gave me a new view on life,actually made me think that humanity will change after this war,but i'm still gonna be bounty hunting just to make sure no criminal organization does any damage to the new world.

Ayame slips on some pants, saying, "he was a special kind of person. I feel so bad for his family. Hell, I feel bad for the person that has to tell his family."

Yea....actually after the person finds Colins family i'm gonna ask him or her were they live,there is some thing I want to give to Colins wife and kid.Hay can I turn around now.

Ayame slips on her shirt. "Yeah, go ahead."

Axton turns around and opens his eyes,finally hay Ayame this is just a question but were you and Colin part of that trial that went down a few days ago,and if so who was the asshole that tried to rape you.

Ayame gets a nervous look, and she shutters. "Y-yes, that was us, b-but I w-wouldn't go as far as to say h-he tried to r...do that."

Axton lets out a very loud growl,his eyes starts to twitch,so does this scum have a name and more importantly is he still on base.

"His name is McAfree, and no, they've already gotten rid of him and brought in his replacement. Why?"

McAfree,listen Ayame i'm gonna tell you something about me,i'm a bounty hunter with morals I only kill people that have it coming, I kill rapist drug dealers, human trafficker and ruthless gang leaders,but I also kill those that have it coming and this McAfree guy sounds like he needs to meet the business end of my guns barrel.

"NO! Absolutely not!" Ayame walks up to Axton and points a finger an inch from his face. "None of that. I have enough guilt for a lifetime as is, I will not have his death on my conscious."

Sigh,OK because I respect you I will not hunt him down after this war is over,and sorry for bringing it up,I know that it can't be comfortable talking about the trial.and what do you mean you have enough guilt to last a lifetime,hell you look younger then me what could have possible happen to you as a child.

"Lets...lets just say, I have blood on my hands, and revenge does little to quell the pain. It might make you feel better at first, but I know first hand that, in the long run, it just leaves one more stain on your soul."

Ayame let me tell you something,never in my life have I ever wanted revenge,every person that I killed swore vengeance on me and my family,and every single one of them are dead not by my hands but by my family s hands,but now after Colin's death I have never wanted to kill something more in my life,I will make these aliens pay for taking my combat brother,and when I find there leader I am gonna drag its half dead body to Colin's grave and make it wish it never came to this planet.

"Are you sure that's what Colin would want. I just don't think he'd be happy knowing his death led to such strong negative thoughts."

Axton unbowels his fist and falls to his knees and start to cry.I know he wouldn't.......he wouldn't but is it wrong for me to want to avenge his death to make those bastards pay for what they did to him to separate him from his family,is it wrong for me to feel this way.

"It's okay, Axton. It's a human response. I'd just suggest, instead of wanting to fight the aliens to avenge Colin, why don't you focus on fighting them in order to protect Colin's family? It has the same result, but it leaves you feeling a little less burdened by malice."

Axton wipes the tears from his eyes and slowly stands back up,yea thanks Ayame I guess I can fight for them,and after this war if I live i'm getting one hell of a sighing bonus maybe I could give his family half of my earnings after this war.

"Sounds like a plan." Ayame painfully rubs her temples. "Look, I'm heading down to the med-bay to see if I can get something for my hangover, and maybe catch Anna after her morning check-up. Why don't you go talk to Colin's other roommates. I bet they could use some consoling."

Ill think about talking to my old roommates,wait what happen to Anna?

"She just needs some occasional check-ups. I'm afraid you'd have to ask her, I'm not sure how much she wants others t know."

Sigh fine ill talk to Anna in a couple of days,I no one thing my head is killing me and it's gonna be a while before I drink again,any way Ayame thanks for the talk and do me a favor don't tell none of the guys that iv been crying Ok.

"Don't worry, I won't." She smiles. "I know how important pride is to men." She steps out into the hallway, and gives a quick wave as she heads for the infirmary.

Axton waves back and head to his quarters.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
To: Anna _Stone@projectxcom.org
Subject: Letter from the Russian Armed Forces

Ms. Stone,

We were recently sent this letter from the Russian Military. It was addressed to "Antony Stone", but as the Russian Military included your former serial number, they seem to believe it was meant for you, so we are forwarding it to you. It also included a return address. Do with it what you will.

Sincerely,
X-COM Mail Room/Message Censorship Committee

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the man I hope will help bring us together again.

This may seem to be an odd letter, and I desperately hope you will hear me out, even though I would not blame you if you didn't. I am desperately searching for someone. I am afraid I can not tell you what her name is, or even what my name is, for to do so would put her in danger if you are not the person I seek. However, if you are the one I seek, you will know who I refer to, and hopefully, either you or she will know who I am.

If this message has reached the wrong person, then please disregard this letter, and pretend you never received it. If you believe yourself to be the correct person, however, please write me a letter telling me you received my letter, as well as who you are, who she is, who you believe I am, and a more appropriate address if this letter was not sent to the most direct location.

I pray that I will hear from you soon.

Sharkdragon96

Name: Persephone
Date: 5/31/15
Current rank: Recruit
Mission: Off duty

What a fall from grace today has been, I was hoping my era of serenity would've lasted a little longer then this. God, where do I even begin? Colin's death has been hard on all of us, and I don't even want to think about how his family might be taking the news. I can't stop thinking about the feeling of trauma I had when I saw five soldiers and one body bag return from that last mission. He was certainly a true and noble friend even if in hindsight I never really knew him that long. I know it hurts but I consider myself a person of my word and I will make sure a piece of him stays in my memory. May you rest in peace Colin and may your actions never be forgotten.

I feel absolutely drained right now, but with everything that's been happening it's impossible for me to fall asleep. About four hours ago I came to barracks to find Ayame had gotten drunk. How she managed to actually get alcohol past security is beyond me, but out of the three of us she seems to have taken Colin's death the hardest. Personally I can't really blame her, I've always had the idea that maybe I'm cursed too. Everyone that I've ever cared about is either dead or god knows where. Rose is dead, Haylee could be dying out in a gutter for all I know, and now Colin. I was almost tempted to drink out of that cup when she offered it to me, but I reminded myself of how much my mother drank before she eventually took her own life.

I'm glad Anna and I were eventually able to calm her down, but as if today hadn't been stressful enough, Ayame had said... certain things to me that she probably would have never said had she been sober. Certain things that just didn't sit well with me. Not so much what she said but how she said it, and how it would've probably landed me another twenty hours of latrine duty had those words come out of Charles Mcafree's mouth. That being said I probably should have guessed that she had a thing for me as soon as I found out she was gay, it would've explained some of her more unusual behavior around me, hell it would've explained that awkward smile she gave me when we first met. I wouldn't say the idea of us having a thing would be totally out of the question, I don't really see gender in that way anyway but... You know what, I don't even know, maybe I'm over thinking this too much. Chances are good that her memories of last night will be hazy at best and maybe we could just put this all behind us.

Good god it's already 0300, I think I'm tired enough that I might finally be able to get some sleep.

Dahlexpert

Off base two way feed#3

[1] Axton Van Dam

[2] Ashley Van Dam

[1] Hay Ashley are you there?

[2] OU hay little brother what's up.

[1] Thank god your alive I was worried about you.

[2] Axton i'm fine you don't need to worry,hay what's wrong you look like you've been crying.

[1]Yea I have,we um we lost another one of our soldiers,and this guy happen to be my best friend.

[2] Ou wow look Ax i'm sorry to hear that listen why don't we go out to eat some time next week you can tell me more about your friend and what he was like.

[1] yea I like that idea,hay sis there is some thing I need to tell you.

[2] What's up?

[1] My other personality got loose.

[2] WHAT!PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU DID NOT KILL ANY ONE!

[1]No,I hade this chick named Ayame Kasagie beat the crap out of me,and she did handle it pretty well.

[2] Relay, hay Ax tell me about this Ayame chick.

[1] Well she is a younger version of the current you,nice hell of a fighter,doesn't take shit from any body that calls her short.

[2] relay she sound like an excellent friend to have, make sure you treat her with respect.

[1] yea I do,but she does have on flaw,she constantly doubts her self.

[2]Humm that's unfortunate she sounds like a great person.

[1] yea,any way how is Victoria doing.

[2] Ugh this kid is running me ragged,but I love her with all my heart and I dare any alien to try and take her from me.

[1] tegh you sound like mom when we were little.

[2] Yea I guess that's just a mothers pride finnaly taking it's hold on me.

A baby starts to cry in the back round.

[1] sounds like trouble.

[2]Sigh OK Axton I gotta go feed me baby girl,well talk next week deal.

[1] Deal.

End video journal

AaronBryant

Dr. Faye pulls out her laptop and sets the camera to record.

Dr. Faye: " We have seen another death in the X-Com "family" this is putting even more stress on my patient however after the last few sessions it seems that he is coping more effectively he is using his faith as a tool for understanding instead of a rock to climb under. I have another session with the Patient today. The recent death should be affecting him severly as this was, as he told me, almost a father figure of sorts."

* Minutes pass by and the dor is opened*

Dr. Faye: " Good afternoon Aaron" she states drly as if it is not a good afternoon which it was not. She then Pulls her long flame like hair up in a pony tail and covers her luminous green eyes with her glasses.

Aaron: Thrown off by her unproffesional apperance, as she had always had the look she donned moments after Aaron walked though the door before he enetered, he stuttered for a moment and said "W-Whats so damn good about it?" his anger broiling in the pit of his stomach. He sat down on the chair.

Dr. Faye: "Anger? i thought you were working on quelling your anger?"

Aaron: " FUCK YOU!!!" Aaron clenches his fist then his body uncoils his shoulders drop his fist open and he lets out a large sigh.

Dr. Faye: " I heard that he died. and im not going to ask how it made you feel its fairly self evident"

Aaron: " Im just . . . so tired of people i care about being screwed or dying or being hurt." Aarons demeanor is akin to that of a wounded animal.

Dr. Faye: " Did you understand coming into this that there would be deaths?" Dr. Faye pulls her glasses to the bridge of her nose and keeps direct eye contact with him.

Aaron: " I guess deep down i did but people seem to forget i was pulled fresh out of training i had not even gone on my first official mission yet. I just never realized it would be all around me you know?"

Dr. Faye: " i havent the slightest Aaron but you do now ad from this point on the deaths that come at you can only affect you how you let them affect you. It shouldnt suprise you anymore"

The session goes on and Aaron answers the questions meant to keep him on his toes mentally. He walks to the door before leaving and turns.

Aaron: " Thank you doctor" He steps out of the room and heads to his room.

Dr. Faye: Your most welcome she thinks to her self taking out the hair tie and glasses and discarding the jacket she had been wearing. She walked over to the A.C. and turned it down from 70 to 60.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: None (All Deceased) [Update: One possible]
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Video Log [Translated from Mandarin]

Ayame is shown rubbing her temples, muttering under her breath as she stares daggers at her empty bottle of sake. "Damn it, why did I buy these? I mean, I know it was for celebrating our victory, but why did I think it would ever be a good idea for me to drink. I mean, I've only ever drank once before, and I almost...those guys...oh god, Anna, why didn't I listen to you. I can't believe I accused you of acting like my mother. In fact, I am so ashamed of my behavior, I didn't even go to the med-bay to get some aspirin. Its probably the first time I'm actually avoiding her."

Ayame shakes her head in frustration. "And then, to somehow make things worse, the first thing I see this morning is a man standing alone in my room while I'm half naked. Axton better thank Colin for showing me there are decent guys out there, because a few weeks ago, I would have screamed until security came running in and carried him away. He needs to learn to knock, especially when entering a ladies room. And to actually propose hunting down that lab tech? Typical male solution, kill everything that pisses you off."

She sighs, looking depressed, "Still, Axton showed me how selfish I was being, thinking I'm the only one who was upset about Colin. I mean, Anna knew him before I did, and while Persephone didn't know him long, I bet she liked him too, after he helped us out at that trial." She rubs her forehead, thinking hard. "Damn it, what was.....I have...the feeling I said something...I have the feeling in the pit of my stomach that I said something to upset both Anna and Persephone."

She stands up and starts pacing the room. "I can remember what I said to Anna, and I'll have to apologize for it, but Persephone? I'd almost say I'm being paranoid, but that awkward look she gave me when I saw her at the Officer Training School tells me I said something. It was...it was right before I passed out...ARGH! What did I say to her?! Did I yell at her?! Did I insult her?! Did I come on to her?! WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER?"

Ayame picks up the bottle and flings it across the room, shattering it. She angrily reaches for her camera, and nearly throws it too, but instead places it back on the table and turns it off.

Dahlexpert

Name :Axton Van Dam

You no my life use to be so simple,I eat I drink three beers on actions I kill my bounty targets get paid spend a small part of that money on supplies and then donate the rest to a charity of my choosing simple ,well my version of simple any way.Now i'm starting to have emotions and feelings and .....and Axton looks down on the ground.

OK,look I was not raised like most of these people,I didn't go school never went to a prom or.....lose that,any way I trained my hole life and was tought to respect the one that came before you, and respect what you have because the next day it may not be there in the case of Colin that message was true, and you no what Ayame was right I should not seek revenge but fight for his family that is the least I can do for Colin.

Frostlich1228

Memorial Surveillance Camera Recording
1200 Hours Local Time.

The Camera turns on to show Anna standing in front of the X-Com memorial, she looks up at a Picture of Colin that someone taped to the wall,
She then reaches in her pocket and pulls out a Wood Carving of Three Interlocking Hearts out of her back pocket, From this angle you can see that that Each of the Hearts has a Picture on it, The Right one has a picture of Colin's Daughter, The Left one has a Picture of Colin's Wife, and the Middle picture is of Colin. She takes the Carving and Nails it the memorial above one of the pictures, pulls up a chair and stares at the carving.

Anna Sighs

" Why Wouldn't you just go and see your family like I said... Why wouldn't you? Why would you agree to join this project when you had a Wife and Daughter back home? Why?... "

Anna gets an Angry look on her face.

" Why Would you!? Now your Daughter is going to have to live the rest of her life without her Dad! Do you have any idea how much it hurts losing your Dad so young?! You're such a Idiot! "

Anna knocks an empty Beer Bottle of the Memorial in anger.

Anna sits back down and looks at the memorial in silence for a few minutes .

" Poor girl... I'm sure she knows by now... God dammit Colin... You should've just stayed home... So at least you could've died with your family.

A man walks up behind Anna, He has a Large Scar on his face.

" That's a really nice Figurine... Did you make it yourself? " He Says in a Gruff voice.

" Yeah... I make a figurine for all the soldiers that die... Its the least I can do... " Anna says, still staring at the picture of Colin.

" That's very kind of you... " He replies.

Anna lets out a long sigh. " Thanks I guess... "

" Well now for the reason I'm here... I came to give you this letter... it was addressed to you from the Russian Military... "

" I'll read it later... " Anna says under her breath.

The Scarred Man puts his hand on Anna's shoulder. " I Heard what you said... It's obvious he joined to protect his family and the world... Isn't that why you joined? "

" I suppose you're right... "

The Scarred man takes his hand of Anna's shoulder and leaves the room.

After a minute Anna quickly turns around to see that the Man is gone.

" How did he Know the reason I joined? " Anna says to herself.

*End of Recording*

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Memory Log #7 (Part 1)

You know, getting in touch with the various underground organizations of the world is a lot harder then they make it seem in the movies. I needed to get into some kind of work that involved my martial arts training, it was the only thing I was qualified for without a proper high school diploma, but being unable to just walk up to a military organization thanks to my uncle, I had to find other means to get my name out there. This was easier said then done. In fact, I botched up my first job working for the Triads so much, one of the higher-ups said that, if he ever got his hands on me, he'd rip my fingers off one at a time and force me to eat them.

My second mission was a lot more successful, though no less troubling to my fragile consciousness. I was contracted by the Yakuza to take out a.....undesirable, lets just say. He was giving them a bad name, spitting in the face of their usually structured way of doing business, taking unauthorized cutbacks, bossing around gangs out of his region, and publicly executing anyone who pissed him off. Problem was, he was a wakagashira, and was the son of a saiko komon, so there was little those around him could do. As for me, I had a way in; he was a pedophile, and I could easily pull off a preteen.

My contacts were able to switch his girl for that night with me, getting me a schoolgirl's uniform, not that it mattered since he had me take it off almost immediately. He just sat there for a while, studying me. I was afraid my nervousness, neh, my terror would give me away, but my trembling only seemed to turn him on more. I was supposed to wait until I got him into a "compromising position", but I lost my cool and grabbed the derringer I snuck in as soon as he turned his back to me. I hesitated though, not wanting to shoot an unarmed man in the back, but even when he turned around, I couldn't fire. The others I had killed had been in the heat of the moment, but this guy, he was defenseless, his arms raised with a look of terror on his face. Who was I to play executioner, regardless of what this man had done.

My hesitation almost cost me. I didn't notice his hand slowly reaching under his pillow, and got a bullet in my left shoulder as a result. I gave him a bullet in the forehead in return, but escaping while bleeding profusely wasn't easy. I was rewarded with enough money to get by for a while and a referral to a legitimate Private Military Company, but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

I spent the next two years traveling across Asia and Europe working for various PMCs. It was easy work with my training, but it was incredibly lonely. I didn't get along with most of the people I worked with, everyone looking down on me because of my size, age, and sex, so I usually ended up working alone. A few of my bosses were okay, but I never stayed with one company for more then a couple missions.

Then, when I was eighteen, I was finishing up a job in Russia when a serious industrial accident occurred. Having time to kill, I decided to volunteer to help. I met with resistance from the military officials running the clean up. They didn't trust me as a foreigner, regardless of my credentials, and I had a hard time convincing them otherwise because of my limited Russian. Then, when one of them started to taunt me about my size, I almost lost my temper. As I was about to take a swing at the soldier, a young woman ran up. Tall and lean, with long shimmering hair, I didn't take such an attractive woman as a soldier, but sure enough, she wore a uniform. She asked what was going on, and was able to convince the others to give me a chance.

As the soldiers walked away to let their superiors know about me, the woman smiled and extended her hand, saying, "See, no reason to get hostile. I'm Anna. Anna Stone." I shook her hand, thanking her for her help. However, I was only being polite, and I told her, while I appreciated her assistance, I wasn't there to make friends. I was gonna help out until I needed to leave, and then we'd probably never see each other again.

Last edited:

Dahlexpert

Name: Axton Van Dam

You no, for a while iv been felling guilty lately. I feel like I need to tell Anna what I did to Ayame I no if I don't tell her then we can still be friends and all my work to get close to her would have payed off,but on the outer hand I feel like I ou her an explanation about what I did to her friend I no Ayame didn't tell anyone and i'm great full that she keep her mouth shut,but I want Anna to no because in order for me to move on she needs to no how dangerous I relay am,if she stays my friend then I found a great person to be around if not well it is what it is and it shows that i'm destine to be alone,I just hope i'm not making a bad diction.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Memory Log #7 (Part 2)

A few days later, I was in a bar, resting amongst the other soldiers and volunteers after a hard day's work. I was set upon by three assholes who were curious about the odd little Asian girl sitting in a bar in the middle of Russia. I desperately tried to ignore them, not wanting to make a scene, but as hard as it may be to believe, I was actually even more proud and stupid at that point then I am now. When I refused to drink with them, they were able to manipulate me by accusing me of being afraid that I was "just a little girl that can't drink with the big boys". Of course, being such a small, eighteen year old girl with no experience with hard, Russian vodka, it didn't take long for them to get me completely hammered.

There I was, drunk as an American frat boy, cackling at the men's crappy jokes like they were the funniest jokes in the world, all the while unaware that, not only were they not nearly as drunk as I was, they probably were only pretending to drink. They showered me with compliments about how great of a drinker I was, and I bragged about me fighting skills. They asked me to show them, and we stepped outside in order to do so, or so I stupidly thought.

You know, you'd be surprised how much noise you can get away with in an alley outside of a busy Russian bar late at night. I'm sure there wasn't a single person in that bar that heard me screaming as they ripped my cloths off. My inebriated state made fighting one of the off practically impossible, let alone three of them. In other words, I had zero options. I don't know where she came from or how she knew about all this, but as they had their way with me, we heard the click of a handgun's hammer. It was Anna Stone, nervously pointing a gun at my assailants. They laughed at her worried look, shaking hands (at least I think they were, considering everything was shaking), and nervous demands, and even when she fired several times, they didn't seem to care. They were idiots for not running, of course, not realizing she wasn't trying to hit them with her shots until after a dozen soldiers came running out of them bar and dragged them away.

Anna was able to convinced her superiors that, since my attackers were caught in the act, they could dispense with the usual invasive physical examination of a victim. I was in something of a depersonalized state, working on autopilot as I spent the next several hours staring into space. Anna stayed by my side during all questioning, and even personally brought me back to the motel I was staying at. But as she started to leave, I suddenly sprang to life, grasping her arm and begging her, with tears in my eyes, to stay by my side, if just for now.

To my relief, she did.

Last edited:

Dahlexpert

Name Axton Van Dam

Nationality:Native American

Height 5 ft 8 in

weight 200 pounds

Memory log 3#

Right so after my trial and after the celebration of me surviving my right of passage and being an official bounty hunter,I got my first contract and it was to capture a drug dealer, nothing to bad I mean it's just your run of the mill drug dealer.So all I did was go up to the man asked for a fix he gave me the drug,and the second the drug touched my hand I low blowed the man yes it was cheep and kind of a dick move (no pun intended) but hay my objective was to capture the man not kill him,fortuity for me this guy was nothing special just a run of mill drug dealer,I got paid about five hundred bucks for that job.

My next job was to kill a major a very difficult job to do,because cops can can trace the bullet back to me,and he has security around him twenty four seven and is all ways around cameras so what is the best way to kill a celebrity,poison people seem to for get that poison is an excellent way to kill some one Deseret Le now what was the best way to poison this guy and what should I use to poison him.Now the poison I was gonna us is a flower called Aconite a very deadly flower that if you don't wear gloves it can poison you and what it does is,arrhythmic the heart which leads to suffocation.so I have the poison now all I need to do was find a way to get it in there,that took some effort I had to I had to sneak in to the mans house,these is wear my trial came in handy because during my trial I was allowed to scavenge from other camps which I needed to be sneaky so getting past some the guards was pretty easy after I learned there time pattern,now the only thing I need to do was give the man the deadly flower luckily for me the cook happen to be there and knocking him out took no effort so I put the flower in to his meal cooked it and served it to the major then I got the hell out of there,and the major was no more and the cook was arrested for murder that job left a very bad taste in my mouth but the money was still good still it felt wrong.

Next I was sent to china to kill some small gang that worked for this spoiled rich kid,to my surprise some one all ready killed them the police told me that some seven year old killed them a damn seven year old, at first I wanted to recruit her but then I thought nah this little girl has all ready seen enough blood for years to come and she was probably still in school she didn't need to no about me.So the only thing left to do was to kill the slime ball him self but I saw his house and I new I was not getting in there so no matter how much I wanted to admit it I was gonna need some help.

Dahlexpert

Name Axton Van Dam

Nationality:Native American

Height 5 ft 8 in

weight 200 pounds

Memory log 3# (part 2)

So I needed some help,I no the police is not gonna be enough for this and I didn't want the China's finest to get slottered,so I called my family in I needed some one to get close to the target and keep him in his room,and I needed a demolition expert that is good with heave ordinance.

For the first objective I called my sister Ashley,a professional Assassin she can use her beauty and her bisexuality to keep the scum in his room and keep him in there for hours if needed be.Next was my cousin Scarlet she is a master at heavy ordnance there is nothing this chick cant handle or blow up,but I did not needed the building destroyed I needed to kill hundreds of goons she is good at that to.

So after they both made it to china we had a plan to take this bug out,Ash was gonna go in to the casino and flirt with the man enough to take her up to his suit, once she is in the suit she will attempt to get the man drunk of knock him out.

Me and Scarlet had the fun part we will take the lower floor and us it as a base of operations,once we have the lower floor we will us the stairs to go all the way up to the pint house and by then ash would all ready have the scum pinned down,so that was our plan and man did we bring a lot of guns for this one.So Ash went in to the casino and did her thing after that took longer then expected but she gave us the all clear,next was me and scarlet,so how did we get thousands of people out of a casino we fired a few shots and the ran like rats,so after the public left we went to work one of goons noticed me and my partner went in to the star way so natural the fallowed us well some did,big ma stack because the first group was taken down by my cousin and her grenade launcher,then finally the police showed up and scarlet went down to help the police which left me with thousands of men with guns witch was no problem.So after making my way through a few floors of dumb ass with guns I reached floor fifteen were I decided to take a break and reload my guns then I open the door a few inches and was met by gun fire and I new I was screwed.Until the goons hear the elevator ding and which they turned around and that gave me time to mow them down,then the goons that was at the elevator herd they investigated and then they were taken down by my cousin.

So after that mess we took the stairs all the way up to the pint house were my sister was,now we informed her of our situation and she told us that the rest of the scums goons were defending the suit but I informed her that this was no problem and told her to go to the bath room,no I informed the rest of the police to come to our position and bring our little surprise,and after a few minuets they showed up winded as hell and gave Scarlet her bane her secret weapon,A god damn SMAW and which she told the poor fools and I quot,WAKE Y WAKE Y MOTHER FUCKERS and blew up the damn door, And that door probable went to the great wall of china.So after my cousin fired the weapon the police went in and arrested every one that donged the rocket,and as for my sister,it looked like she had here own fun by killing some of the goons thugs that was in the room with her,and there he was the scum that killed that little girls family.

I wanted to kill this guy,but before I did I asked him why did you kill a little girls family,He had the nerve to say it was because her sorry father disrespected me in my own house and no one disrespects my honor.And when I herd that I realized that I had two bullets in my shot gun,I wanted to kill this slime but I use my two shots on his leg,and told him.You like killing people because you felt disrespected let's see how that holds up in prison,so the cops took him away and after all was said and done we made a crap tone of money at the end which we sent to a small school in china,and I gotta say out of all the jobs I had that was the most fun.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
(Excerpt from Civilian Diary, Translated from [XXXXX], May 28th, 2015)
(Censored for Security Reasons)

Every day gets scarier then the next. When the news announced that we were under attack from little grey men, I was naturally terrified. I confided in [XXXXX] my fears, but he only called me spineless, a stupid woman for believing such ridiculous stories, but the continued news reports have proven me right, not that it is something to be proud of (nor would I try to brag to [XXXXX], for the obvious reason). If the aliens being here wasn't enough, I saw a video from a very brave, and likely now very dead, reporter of the aliens flat-out blasting away at a city in [XXXXX]. Again, I made the mistake of going to [XXXXX] for support, and again, he expressed his disappointment of having such a cowardly wife.

Things seem relatively quiet here in [XXXXX], all across [XXXXX] for that matter, but I've heard that things are really bad in [XXXXX], [XXXXX], and [XXXXX]. I pray for the safety of everyone living there. What we need is for the countries of the world to come together and form some elite force. Of course, they may have already done this, and are keeping out of the media for the sake of security.

One final note to write about today; it has been over a month since I sent out that letter to [XXXXX]. I don't know what I was hoping to accomplish. The idea that [XXXXX] might still be alive is absurd, but if this [XXXXX] person could help me, I had to try. However, he has not written me back, and I have lost hope that he will. I suppose I really am just a stupid woman after all.

Frostlich1228

This post was a Collaborative Effort Between Users Dalexpert and Frostlich1228.

Surveillance Camera Recording.
Room of
Stone, Anna
Kasagi, Ayame
and Brown, Persephone.

1800 Hours Local Time.

Axton walks in front of Ayame, Anna and Persephone's room.
You know I seem to come here way more then I should, Axton knocks on the door.

The door opens slowly and you see Anna standing there, She looks at Axton and says.
" Axton? What are you doing here? "

" Um hey Anna can we......can we talk? "

" Sure what about? "

" Um well a few weeks ago I attacked Ayame, and I want to tell you why I did it... "

Anna stares daggers into him.
" You did what to Ayame?... "

" OK I know you're mad but I wanted to tell you why I attacked her, it's because I needed her help with a situation I was having. "

" You better give me a damn good reason why you hurt Ayame in the Next ten seconds if you know what's good for you Axton... "

" OK three things, one your bluffing about attacking me, second if you do attack me think about this, I can hold my own against Ayame, so what chance do you have against me, and luckily for you I don't attack women, and third I will tell you the reason."
"Right so I have a split personality disorder and lets just say my other half is extremely dangerous, so dangerous that if I don't keep my calm for even a second he will take over and kill any one that is precious to me."

Anna crosses her arms.
" Well if you're so dangerous why haven't you told Commander Odd? Also I didn't say I was going to attack you, I was just going to inform Zhang that you Assaulted Ayame... "

" Anna think about this if the commander knew about my other half they would have looked up and never interact with any of you guys and if Ayame didn't beat the crap out of me I would have gone feral."

"And as for Zhang reaction to this he would probably sound like this."
Axton clears his through and mocks Zhang's accent.

" Command it appears that a soldier under my command has attacked another one of my men with full intentions to kill the women, there for I suggest that this man be locked away or dismiss from X-COM, Also because this man has no respect for my authority I also recommend that we take the weapons that he smuggled in here. "

" Listen Axton, I'm not very happy with you right now okay? I'll ask Ayame what happened after we finish this conversation... I want her side of the story. "

Axton Sighs.

" I figured you'd say that and I understand completely and I'm pretty sure she will give you her side and it's gonna be a weird one. Anyway there was something I wanted to ask you about. "

" it's Something about your Split Personality I assume? "

" No you made it pretty clear that you're mad at me and the question I wanted to ask you was that there is a rumor that a Cryssalid attacked one of our own, it was a female, do you know anything about this, mind that you do Ignore most of the rumors here."

" You didn't hear? I assumed the news would've spread pretty fast... "
Anna sighs
" They were bringing one of the Cryssalid corpses to the Science labs and I happened to be right there when they were doing it, I was really curious about the creature so I asked the Scientists if I could touch it, They said I could so I reached out to touch it... but then all of a sudden it started flailing its limbs around and it slashed me across the chest... "

Axton lets out a long frustrated sigh, Axton says under his breath. " Don't get mad, don't get mad... "
" All right so the Cryssalid zombified itself and attacked you, does it get any worse then that? "

" After that they rushed me to the hospital and treated me for about a week... I was happy to leave but then they told me that I have to Go to the Med-Bay Twice a Day for mandatory check-ups from now until who knows when... "

" OK two things, one I may be going with you to your exams because due to recent actions of some of the staff here I don't trust them, second and this one is gonna be a dark, if you turn in to a one of those monsters I wanna be the one to put you down... "

" To answer your first question, you are not aloud to accompany me during these tests, Doctor's rules, Secondly if I was going to turn into one of those... things... It would've Happened by now... its been about two weeks, so whatever that Cryssalid did to me had to have worn off by now... "

" OK but if those doctors do anything to you please tell me about it, and I'm grateful to hear that the Cryssalid effects have worn off, but my is when you go out on the field and I happen to be there with you and a Cryssalid kills and infects you, I wanna put you down instead of Ayame, because I don't think she can do it and if she does do it she will be devastated for god knows how long, so if you get bit again I wanna kill you. "

" You're right about that I guess... If something like that does happen I don't want Ayame to have to put me out of my misery... Fine... If it does happen and we are out in the field together... then you should put me out of my misery... And also don't tell Ayame we had this conversation... I don't want to worry her... The likelihood of me getting killed by one of those things is really slim... but if it does happen I want you to make sure I don't hurt anyone, alright?... "

" Deal, I will not tell Ayame about our little talk, and please don't tell Command or Zhang about my issues, because the last thing the commander needs to know is that one of his men is losing his mind. "

" Fine... I won't tell him... But the second you hurt Ayame or someone else again I will not rest until you are kicked out of X-Com, do I make myself clear? "

" Don't worry my friend, If I ever hurt a innocent person I'll turn myself in way before you do ,besides I have some theories about my other half that may or may not be true and I need to investigate further. "

" I am going to head down to the Med-Bay now, I have another Test... And don't worry, if any of the doctors try anything with me they'll pay for it"

" Please don't tell not to worry because the last time you told me that you were attacked by a Cryssalid..."

" It could've happened to anyone, I was just in the wrong place at the Wrong time. You shouldn't be worried about things you can't control... "

" Anna I'm gonna be very specific about this, I need you around, I can not lose someone else that I care for again or at least not now any way. "

" Axton you have to accept reality, if you make friends in X-Com it is more than likely that they will die... if you get broken up about one of your friends getting killed in combat then you are not going to enjoy your time here... When I joined this project I didn't want to make friends for that reason... But friendship has a way of... sneaking up on you... I'll tell you what I told Ayame... If you cherish the time you spend with someone and not dwell on the fact that they are gone, it'll be like they never left. "

" Anna let me tell you something about me, my life before I came here was simple, I killed people got paid and kill some more, simple and enjoyable, I was a loner and made no friends, and now that I'm here I made friends like you and Ayame and the recent deices Colin, now you and Ayame might be used to losing people because you both were in the military, but me being a bounty hunter I'm normally doing the killing, and yes I hear you and that is great advice, but that may not work on me. "

Anna Sighs.

" I really need to head down to the Med-Bay... They don't like it if I'm late... I Guess I'll see you around Axton... "

" Yea I'll see you, and careful around those doctors. "

" I'll be fine... "
Anna walks past him and down the hall.

"Right she said that too... "
Axton walks back towards his room.

*End of Recording*

Status
Not open for further replies.