Status
Not open for further replies.

Majora098

ACCESSING ARCHIVE. PURPOSE: REVIEW.
BEGIN
ACCESSING FILES....1836, 1838, 1845 DATE: 3/10/07, 3/12/07, 3/19/07
LAUNCH

3/10/07
[The footage fast-forwards, though a regular day, before stopping at 7:00 PM, showing John and Nina studying together in John's room, well Nina studying and John helping, They have grown significantly, John, once sightly lanky, has filled out, and had become quite handsome, but his demeanor suggested he did not know this. Nina however is well aware of this fact, constantly examining him whenever he isn't looking. Nina has grown up as well, her promising physique as a girl had given fruit, and she is now a beautiful young woman , her hair, long, straight, and somewhere between copper and brunette, shimmers whenever she moved her head, and it never fails to draw John's attention, his stare roamed less than Nina's, and mainly focused on her face. They both obviously feel very awkward around the other and their conversation is nervous at best. It fast-forwards again, this time stopping at 7:16, at this point they're heading down the stairs to the front door, Nina is talking]

Nina looks back her her face apologetic, and slightly sad "I'm sorry John but I have to go."

John stops, "Go? I...I thought..we were going to the...uh..movies..." Nina reaches the bottom and looks back at him, her face falling, "Oh, that was today wasn't it."

"Yes, today..." John stops at the bottom and turns to her, and she speaks up "I'm really sorry, but I forgot, I made other plans, I'm really sorry." Gently she reaches out and and removes the camera from his grip, placing it on a nearby table, and replacing it with her hand. She starts to speak before a car horn blares, followed by a loud, haughty sounding voice, "Hey babe, Get out here!"

John looks at her in horror, "Jake, You going to on go on a date with Jake" His voice is dead and his face becomes hopeless. Nina looks at him with unending pity, and grips his hand tighter, and her voice is apologetic, "Well, he was the only guy left on the list..."

"What list? Nina hesitates and bites her lip, "The list of eligible guy in our school..." John eyes fill with hurt, "I'm...not on....this list, I guess." He starts to remove himself from her grip, but she only tightens it, and she stops acting nervous, "There is a very specific reason your not on that list." John bits his lip, and it very much looks like he is going to cry,

She steps forward so that's she right in front of him, there's only a two inch difference in their height.She moves her lips to his ear, and whispers, "All you've ever had to do was ask." John looks up sharply, his eyes wide with hope. She brushes his cheek with her hand and steps back again, and looks at him meaningfully "So...do you have something you want to ask me."

John looks at her nervously, "Would...would you p-prefer... to...uh....to go to.. the..um...........Movies..with me?" Nina smiles heart-meltingly, "I would love to." She winks at him, and adds coyly "I would also like to see Jake's face when he realizes I'm standing him up for you."
/
3/12/07
[John is running towards a house on fire, when he get there he swings the camera around desperately, looking through the growing crowd, he seems unable to find who he is looking for, and turns back to the house, with a muttered oh no, he sets the camera on something about chest height and before anyone can stop him he dashes into the burning building, the crowd collectively gasps, an there is a tense several minutes and waiting, interrupted as the windows begin shattering, before he emerges again, carrying a barely conscious Nina, to the applause of the crowd. She looks unharmed, a bit smoky, though John's limping noticeably. He sets her down near the camera and thumps her on the back, and she coughs up ash.]

The second she's breathing properly she looks around wildly, before she looks up at John questioningly, John gives her a tortured look, "I couldn't find them, but their room was blockaded by rubble." She nods, and he eyes began to tear up, instinctively she huddles up to John, and he gives her reassurance, "I'm sure they'll be fine until the fire trucks get here." She doesn't respond

"JOHN!" the pair almost simultaneously lift their heads to watch as a woman runs up to them, "YOU SCARED ME HALF TO DEATH, CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT I FELT WHEN I HEARD YOU HAD R..." she looks suddenly at Nina, and then looks around, "Did they...?" John shakes his head "Not yet." Silently she hugs Nina as well, before releasing them and walking out of shot. Nina proceeds to bury herself in Johns arms again, sirens are heard, and quickly the fireman are in the building.

[Several minutes pass, before one of them emerges struggling to hold a terrified black object, upon seeing it, Nina rushes to the fireman, carefully extricating it from his arms, before carrying it back to John, and the two work on calming the scared cat, another emerges and sadly shakes his head. Nina breaks down against John, crushing the unfortunate, now light grey, cat between them, the camera fast-forwards to several hours later, with the two of them being examined in the hospital, by both their insistence they are in the same room. again it fast-forwards to the next day where their being cleared to be able to leave. When their done they walk over to a middle aged couple, one of whom is the woman from earlier, the first thing out of the man's mouth is insisting staying with them, which she graciously accepts, and together the four of them get into a car and leave.]
/
3/19/07
[a door opens to revel John sitting in his bed, his leg, which is minorly burned, and almost fully healed, is propped up on a pillow. He looks at the newly opened door, "Oh, hey Nina, how'd the will reading go?" Nina walks along to the other side of the room placing the camera down on the desk there, She wearing a formfitting black dress and starts pacing the room, "Pretty well, considering, they allowed me enough to put me though college, and promised the rest for when I tuned twenty-one, they gave quite a lot of their fortune to your family, more than enough to put you thorough any where you want to go, as well as quite a lot of other stuff" she smiled, "including me."

John raises an eyebrow, "What?"

"They named your your Mom and Dad my official guardians, which means I can officially move in." John smiles, "That's great!" She nods distractedly, stands still a moment, looking at John, before seeming to decide something, "I've been thinking about something, it's been a really sad time for me, I think I might want something to make me happy..." she begins to slowly walk back towards the camera, adding a peculiar sashay to her walk, despite his best efforts John is unable to help but stare. When she reaches the camera, she bend down looking to examine it an she talks again, "Do you still consider this camera to be the best birthday present you've ever gotten?" There's something in her voice that different, "Of Course." She winks at the camera and turns around, "I think I might change your mind." With that she drops her dress, underneath she is wearing shorts, but their not much. Her chest, however, is bare, "Happy Birthday John," she purrs. She struts outrageously towards him, before sliding into his lap. To his credit, despite his surprise he keeps his eyes on her own. She sighs, "A girl might get the wrong idea if the man she giving herself to doesn't look at her..." Freed of the moral constraint, he does examine her, how ever once he's done his eyes return to hers, "Your...y-yours eyes are the... p-prettiest...part of you..ummm.... not that I really m-mind but...w-why are you doing this?"

She smiled, gently caressing his chest, "Because I want you to know that I am serious when I say that I love you, and that I've loved you since sixth grade, you wouldn't believe me if I just told you, so I'm showing you. You can take this as far as you like, I don't care, I love you." She emphasized her point by slamming her lips into him, at first he's t stunned to react, but then he get into it, his going to her bare back to push her closer, she removes his shirt, and begins to do the same for his pants, but he stops her, and shakes his head, She nods before going back to passionately kiss him. Eventually the two break away.

"So?" She asks. John looks at her, his heart in his eyes, "I love you too." with that the two go back to kissing.

[Eventually the two stop kissing , and Nina just leans against him, her face showing perfect contentment, she quickly falls asleep, and John soon follows.]

END

PrismaCube

Name: Colin Weger
Current Rank: Rookie
Mission Name: Operation Lone Blade
Mission Objective:
1.Sweep the abduction site and identify Threats
2.Neutrilize all hostile traget's
Kills this Mission: 0
Total Kills since joining X-COM: 0

I was picked, finally, although I feel a little bad, the commander forgot that Daniel did not see any action yet, I wanted to tell him but he send us into the ships faster than I could say "Quidditch". Maybe I can repay Daniel in someway...

So anyway we got off the ship and my newly meet friend Booker ran up to a truck and instantly saw the aliens, warning us all. "Two Sectoids insight." Sectoids, I learned about them recently in training school. They look diffrently upclose in person as they do on the pictures. I was nerveous, my hand was shaking my heart was raceing, but I took a chance to shoot the alien. I hit that thing with everyshot and he survived. I quess he was Mind merged which increased his ability to life, amazing just amazing. I would have shot the mind merging alien, but I could barley see him and knew I would probably miss it would have been a different story if I had a Sniper Rifel at that time. Jorn acctualy shot before I did, but he missed point blank, I can't blame him, he was trained with a shotgun and now has to use a normal rifle. The Commander seems dissapointed at Jorn, maybe I can cheer Jorn up if he needs some cheering up.

Later two of my buddies went unto the roof to cover us from above while we cleared the street's. For a second I was scared because I had to go into the frezzer alone to check for aliens, but I had my team insight and the freezer was clear so my fears quickly left and I went back to my old spot.

Then Booker was all like "Got something, looks like two thinman" I was a little worried, I knew almost nothing of these thinman. Then something like a door bustin open came from inside the house I just left which almost made me shit my pink armor. Apperently it was just Jorn who came down from the roof and busted into the building to try to get some flanks off. Which he then did, killed a thinman with his rifel, I think he might be getting used to it. Shortly after that Zhang guy went up to a truck and flanked another Thinman, who he killed instantly. I felt like a noob back here, doing nothing while the pro's "handel it".

Zhang our leader in this mission then climbed up a ladder and before I knew it he jumped down the building and ran inside the truck. Two more thinman. I acctuly smiled there for a second. Then I headed into the truck for some more cover, it kind of felt strange, my buddies being nowhere near me and I have to bunk with Zhang in the truck, maybe I should get to know him more after this mission. I was about to say "Hi" but he ran out of the truck to cover the rest. I don't blame him there is no time for chatting right now, so I held my eye's up to cover him.

Just then to my left a door broke open, Booker took a shot and I reacted so fast to a shadow moving in the corner of my eyes that I turned to shot but missed entirely. It was a thinman nowonder I did not hit him, those guy's probably are slimmer than most supermodels. But fuck they look so much like human's.

Just then I saw some green slime or whatever it was traveling across the sky towards booker direction. Which followed up shortly with a shot from Booker back into that direction. Zain took the last shot and then the mission was done. I have to say, my fellow soldiers left nothing for me. Although I hit the first alien I did not kill him, for some reason the commander did not want to promote me because I did not get a kill, oh well atleast I finnaly got some action.

Aristeus

Name: Jorn ´Juice´ Lemonade
Current Rank: Sergant
Mission Name: Lone Blade
Total kills this mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 6

Audio Log #7:
Well that could have been worse, but it also could have been better. Luckily nobody got hurt. I'm just doing a quick update after the mission, so let's see, what should I talk about. hmmmmm.... Well I feel a bit sad, I don't think Commander Odd is happy with me, so... I hope I don't get any problems. Three eazy shots and I missed two. I still think that having a shotgun would have been better, and I'm serious:
"Hey I would like to use the shotgun" *Jorn puts up a different voice* "What did you say? You don't like the shotgun?"
"No I need the shotgun, I'm better with that, not the rifle" "Yes yes no shotgun, and you are better with the rifle. OKAY GIVE THAT MAN A RIFLE!" Yeah something like that, It's not entirely my fault, this is just stupid. My nickname will change from 'Juice' to 'Can't shoot for shit' if this goes on. Jorn 'Can't shoot for shit' Lemonade, hmmmm.... It has a pretty nice tone to it, at least. It was a pretty bad day for me, what was that song again? When you have a bad day, You're takin' one down. You sing a sad song just to thurnitarnd yousyydnon't know hmhmhm to turn it around..... Something like that. But singing a sad song doesn't really help. Oh well... I'm glad I'm alive thanks to my colleagues, Zhang, Colan, Zain, and Colin, I only wish that I could have done more myself.

I think I'm just taking a stroll for now around base. *Knock knock on the door*
"Yes? Come in."
"Sir Lemonade?"
"Yes that's me."
"You are summoned to the Comanders office."
"..."
"He wants to speak to you immediately."
"okay, let me put this off. This is bad..."
--] End of log

Zain Shah

Lieutenant Zain Shah

Missions- 5

Kills- 10

Support

Just got back from the mission and guess who's a lieutenant. I kept my 2 kills per mission record and I am quite surprised that a support has gotten more kills than our assaults. The mission was quite easy today but I'm definitely not complaining, it's nice to not see them wheel someone into the infirmary after the mission. Booker became a captain which will definitely cause controversy on who the leader is now because him and Zhang have the same rank. Unfortunately, our rookie on the mission was not promoted (same thing happened with the last rookie). We saw tons of civilians running from the aliens, God help them but I think that we may have to go and try and save the civilians but if it comes to it will the commander value our lives more or the civilians'?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: None (All Deceased) [Update: One Possible]
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Extraterrestrial Analysis Log #3 [Translated from Mandarin]

You know, between the name "Thin Man" and now Floaters, I guess the lab boys weren't hired for their creativity. The name doesn't really make sense either, but I guess Floaters is easier to pronounce then Hoverers....Hovor...hoverors...whatever, Floaters works.

Silly name aside, these aliens are incredible. They seem to be a perfect example of cybernetics, far more advanced then anything we've ever seen on Earth. I spent so much of my childhood training, I never had a chance to learn anything beyond basic academics, and have always been fascinated with things I don't understand, including cybernetics. And...on a somewhat more silly note, one of my favorite fictional characters has always been Artificial Human 18, strong and confident, with looks to match her might, and she hooks up with the short underdog in the end, and that's something I can appreciate.

Of course, unlike 18, these Floaters are...uh, in a word, grotesque. I know they were made for war, not to win any beauty contests, but damn, are they ugly. Either they were put together haphazardly, or they were made that way to strike fear in the hearts of their enemy. I'm guessing its a little of both. The creatures' ability to fly around the field makes them the deadliest enemies yet. Those jet-pack-like bodies allow them to gain instant high ground, and they are so maneuverable, they are really hard to hit, even when they're close to the ground. I'd love to gain access to the labs when they slice them open, or at the very least see the full files, so I can see what those jet packs are like. I remember going to a symposium on technological advancements a few years ago, and someone there was showing off a jet pack. It was loud as hell, the fuel consumption was ridiculous, and I guess there was no back-up system, since when it cut out, there was nothing stopping the guy wearing it from falling and breaking both his legs. Its too bad these aliens came with such hostile intentions, since we could have learned so much from them.

Other then that, the Floaters aren't too bad if we can just defend against their ability to fly. They don't seemed to have as good of aim as the Thin Men, nor are they as smart as them or the sectoids. They tend to charge forward with little regard for their safety, dangerous yes, but it sure leaves them open. I can only guess that whatever the aliens did to make them the way they are destroyed their minds, turning them into dangerous but stupid killing machines. I even noticed, during the battle recording, some of them seemed to be randomly spitting up bile, supporting my belief that they were haphazardly made. Perhaps they were just the leftovers from some other experiment, like taking the parts of a failed android and sticking them together to make a decent vacuum cleaner so at least the parts don't go to waste, or the leftover scraps of meat from a fantastic sandwich that are haphazardly thrown in a salad so you don't have to throw them away. I'm guessing they took the failures of some experiment, strapped a rocket to their backs, stuck a gun in their hands, and said "now go and make yourself useful"

If this is the case, though, I'd hate to see what the successes of these experiments are like.

PrismaCube

Name: Colin Weger
Year:1995-2000

Memory Log #4

I meet my Wife in a strange way, just a women walking on the Highway on a rainy day, I did not want to leave her out in the rain, so I took her in. Later she decided to move with me to my new home near my Barrack's I was alright with that, Laura did not have a home and I had noone I knew in my new home, also my new home would be empty 5 day's a week. Laura and I barley saw each other but the day's we did were the happiest of my life. Laura and I got to know each other fast, she even visited me in the barrack sometime to suprise me. I had to repay the favor somehow, and I really like Laura, so I decided to do what my heart told me to do. I asked her on a date. I had to money to go to the most expensive retaurant in the world. But I decided to go on a romantic picknick with her, out in the country side. We stayed til night looking up into the beautiful nightsky filled with hundreds of stars. Laura and I always talked about aliens and what it would be like to meet them.

As the years went by Laura became my Girlfriend eventually and then one day I decided it was time. It was after I had to leave to work for a year outisde the country, I missed her so much during that time, when I was on my way back I decided to call up a friend of Laura and asked her to go to a house out in the country side with Laura.

I never told Laura that one year I was never out of the country, In that time I was acctually building a House right where we had our first date. A house where we would life in and raise a family in. A big House with a garenden in it, A Huge tree in the garden and a nice neighbor hood. The neighbours were friendly and came to help me build this house.

I was very nervous, I stood in that house for what seemd like ages, my hands were shaking and my heart was raceing, then I heared the door open. Then the music started playing "The Cinematic Orchestra - To Build A Home (Ft. Patrick Watson)" Laura walked into the living room where I was in my Military Officer Uniform on my knees with a ring in my hand and a smile on my face. Laura stoped and stared at the suprise. I was nervous then I said "Laura Hirsch, you are the love of my life, you are my sun, without you my world would be dark and cold, I build this house for us, to start a new life in, as a family. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, so I ask the most important Question I have ever asked in my life..." Then time slowed around me, my heart was beating really fast and then I said it. Four little words that changed my life. "Willst du mich heiraten?" ("Will you marry me"?)

Laura walked over to me, tears already flowing, she knelled down to me faceing me eye to eye. Then she huged me and I feel to the ground with her on top of me. She kissed me and cryed. Then said

"Nichts auf der Welt würde mich glücklicher machen, Ja, Ja ich will".
("Nothing in the World would make me happier, Yes, Yes I do".)

Name: Toni
Mission: Operation Lone Blade.

Argentina, south America. Northing but water to see on the flight.
So todays crew was:
Zhang: Heavy duty china man. Seems like a cool guy. I wonder if he have gotten his own room yet. I recall I heard about some probem with that.
Conan: Sniper. Heh.. I remember a joke about snipers... Whats the last thing a sniper feels when he fire is weapon? Recoil! Hahaaa... Yeah.. Bad one...
Shah and Lemonade: Both rocking an assault riffel. I take it they will be the main fire group.
Weger: The New Guy. I have not seen him sinse he was picked up. I hope he'll do okay. Atleast so he can get out of that pink armour.

Touchdown!! Well... Landing 0727.
So the alien was attack a resturant. Maybe I should ask one of the soldiers to come back with some take out?
We have hardly landed when we saw the first two aliens. Sectoids once again. They seems to be the main forces of the aliens. I could not help smiling for myself when I saw the team do a congo line behind the van.

Is it wrong that I am starting to enjoy this work? I know it been some days sinse I left the base.. Stupid flue... But when the team is out I sit in here with a cup of coffee and a gun at the ready... It's just.. relaxing.. In a crasy kind of way.

Well, I almost choke on my coffee as I cheered for Conans kill. First blood to the marines!
I'm impressed how Zhang can move. For the load he is carrying he is kinda nimble.
Conan takes the roof. And finds some Thinmen. I am never going to be fine watching that... Thing...

Under the guidens of the Commander the guys did great. No wounds at all! Home at base and just in time to eat!

-Toni

LyingScoundrel

CCTV Log #1
Name: Robert Robinson (James Hayley)

Robert is escorted to the room by three men dressed in black suits. They sit him down on a chair. A well-dressed woman walks through holding a dossier.

Robert: "Lets cut to the chase, what do you want with me?"

Woman: "I think you know why you're here. Your life has caught up with you, friend."

Robert: "I deserve to know what you're going to do to me."

Woman: "You will do what your life has-"

Robert: "Stop being so cryptic, tell me what you want!"

Robert looks agitated, the three men walk towards Robert but the woman shakes her head and dismisses them.

Woman: "This is your choice James, either you co-operate with me or you don't. Now are you listening.

Robert nods his head.

Woman: It's a life in prison or another option.

Robert: I don't want prison.

Woman: Good. We were hoping you would say that.

The woman passes over the dossier and starts to walk out of the room.

Woman: Read it. I want your decision within the hour. For now you can stay here.

The woman walks out, Robert sighs and proceeds to read the dossier.

--CCTV CUT OFF--

Frostlich1228

( This Post was a Cooperative effort between users Frostlich1228 and PrismaCube )

Lunch Room Surveillance Camera Recording
4:34 PM

The Room is filled with people talking and chatting about various things, Anna is sitting alone at a Table in the corner, on her tray is a small pile of mashed potatoes with some Peas on top.
She quietly sits looking around the room every once and a while and poking her food repeatedly with a fork.

Colin comes over and sits down infront of Anna, with a friendly smile he says.
"Hello Anna, is it alright if I sit here?"

Anna Looks up from her food and smiles slightly. "Yeah... Of course you can..."

Colin looks a little worried at Anna. "Hey Anna? Are you alright? You don't look so happy..."

"I just hate having nothing to do you know" Anna Crosses her arms.
"Ever since Zhang kicked me out of engineering I haven't felt like I'm doing anything to help out the project"

Colin laughs
"Oh yeah I know exactly what you mean, I was denied from the Lab ever since day one. But there are many nice and friendly people here that I enjoy having a conversation or hanging out with. Like you for example. Don't you do the same?"

"Its just that... I'm not the most social person ever, the only people around here that I regularly talk to are Ayame and Persephone."
Anna looks down at her plate. "And its not like I have any family members to call..."

Ah I see, I too was shy to talk to people when I was a kid, my father showed me confidence, he once told me, and I still remember this "A stranger is just a Friend you have not met yet" somehow that always got me to man up and talk to people, and Anna." Colin pauses for a moment "To me you are like family, I know we don't know each other for that long yet, but for me you are like a daughter, and family sticks together, so you can count on me to always be there for you. Now I don't know what I am to you. But I hope you can trust me." Colin gets a small comforting smile across his face.

"Thank you for those words Colin... But I don't really consider you a friend yet... Throughout my life I've realized that It doesn't matter how long you have known someone or how much you trust them, they can still betray you..."

"But I've also come to realize that, that's not always the case and if you worry about
everybody betraying you, you turn into a Paranoid Nut Job... What I am trying to say is...I need to get to know you a little better before I can call you a Friend..."

Anna Looks back up at him

"And I didn't choose not to talk to people when I was a child... My Mother wouldn't let me talk to anyone..."

Colin get's a sad look on his face but hides it fast with a smile. "Well I find it sad to hear that Anna, but I can understand why, everyone has there own opinions on how to judge people. So no worries I won't be mad or anything. Some people just learn to trust other's faster."

Colin takes a bite from his food

"Man this taste better than what they served in my military camp."

Colin laughs and takes another bite

"I'm sorry to hear that your mother would do something like that, if you want to talk about it. I'm always here if you need help with things like that."

Anna Takes a bite of her food

"My Mother was a harpy... She would do terrible things to me just for fun... The only break from that was when my Dad or my Cousin came to visit... My Dad would tell me all of his war stories... and Me and my Cousin would go out into the Backyard and Play..."

Anna Puts her fork down

"I just miss them both so much..."

Colin is silent for a moment

"I know how you feel, and I'm sorry about your mother too, I didn't know..."

Colin looks sad at his half empty plate.

"I bet your Father would be proud of you, if he knew what you were doing now."

Anna starts to cry a little.

"Yeah... I bet he would..."

Ten minutes of silence pass as the two finish their food.
Anna puts her plate to the side and looks at Colin.

"You know... Its been a while since my Cousin Marx wrote to me... We don't really talk too much anymore but we always make sure to send each other letters... I haven't gotten a letter from him since I told him that I joined X-Com... What do you think could've happened to him?"

Colin keeps quiet for a minute then says.

"Well you know, the aliens do alot of destruction, so communication is probably hard right now, who knows maybe he wrote to you already but the letter just hasn't arrived yet due to the constant alien attacks. Just don't give up on him, there is always hope to be found somewhere. Tell you what when this is all over, and we still don't have any word from Marx, then I will help you in finding him, how does that sound?"

Anna Smiles at him.

"Yeah... That sounds like a great idea..."

Anna takes a look at a clock on the wall

"I should probably head back up to my room... Ayame gets Anxious if she doesn't know where I am... I've enjoyed having lunch with you Colin, maybe we could do this again tomorrow?"

"Oh alright, that sounds like a great idea, also tell Ayame I said Hello"

Colin smiles.

"Alright then... See you tomorrow I suppose..."

Anna gets up out of her chair and leaves the room, Colin stays for a few more minutes before leaving as well.

Surveillance Video End

Cheesypower

(OOC this is about 1-2 weeks old. Going back to college had me pretty occupied.)

MOVIE NIGHT AT THE INFIRMARY

Jorn Lemonade is laying in an infirmary bed, recovering from his injuries. The door to the infirmary opens. Daniel Oudwater and Booker Conan walk in; Daniel is rolling a trolley with a TV and some cans of coke and juice.

Daniel: "Hey Jorn! We're here to help you kill some time! I've invited Farmer and Booker aswell. I figured, if we're getting shot at out there, we might aswell enjoy some relaxation while we still can."He moves the trolley so that the screen is clearly visible from Jorn's bed.
"I'm just gonna grab some chairs. Oh, which would you like?" He holds up a carton of appje juice and a Pepsi. "You can't have any liquor, you're stick." He smirks with an evil grin on his face.

Jorn: "Just give me some apple juice then." His tone is slightly irritated. “What movie are we watching? Oh! And thanks for visiting by the way, I appreciate it."

Booker: "Lemonade, how are you doing since the UFO mission? Just need a small bit of Pepsi. Good job out there Lemonade."

Jorn: "I'm doing pretty good, and thanks Booker." Jorn smiles.

Booker turns to Daniel.

Booker: "Daniel what are we seeing anyway?"

Daniel leaves to grab some chairs, and Big Farmer walks in, stooping low to get under the doorframe. Seeing the trolley, he walks over and grabs a coke.

Farmer: "Hey Kids, how's everyone doing? Good to see you're still hanging in there, Jorn." Opening his coke bottle, he leans back against the walls of the infirmary. "Anybody know what we're watching?"

As he asks the question, Daniel walks back in with some chairs.

Daniel: “Oh right, erm... I've got Mission Impossible V, and Batman vs Superman. I also got some oldies. Die Hard, Men in Black, Minority Report." He looks around. "Any preferences?"

Jorn: *Chuckle* “Men in Black would be appropriate."

Farmer: “Men in Black works for me.”

Booker: *Chuckle* "I am OK with that and thanks Jorn."

Jorn: “Thanks for what?”

Booker: “Thanks for being so thankful.”

Jorn: “haha, Okay I guess.”

Daniel pops in the dvd.

Daniel: “Hah. Seems appropriate.”

He picks up a drink and turns on the video. Both Daniel and Booker take a seat in the chairs, while Jorn sits up in his bed. Farmer passes on the third chair and remains leaning against the wall.

Daniel: "So Jorn, Booker. I haven't left the base since I got here. Every now and again the alarm sounds and you're being send out there, but I have no idea how the world is holding up. How big is this threat really?" He cracks open a beer. "I mean... I only picked up bits and pieces, but is there an army out there? Or just a shuffle every now and then...? Are they scouting us out?"

Jorn: "Well it's mostly quiet and empty when I get there. What about you Booker? You have been on more missions than me." He takes a sip from his glass using a straw.

Booker: "Well Jorn in what he says is true about being quiet and empty, but when they first came here I saw people wrapped in some green alien weed and metal pods around and yea, the threat is big. Besides, they killed some good people." Booker takes a shot. Farmer quietly wonders the purpose of taking shots of pepsi.

Daniel: "It'll be me and Farmer on the frontline soon. After spending some time at the base, I'm itching for some action. Guard duty isn't exactly what I expected when I signed up for this." He ponders for a moment, then shrugs. "Then again, neither is fighting aliens." He laughs at the movie. "Damn, when do 'we' get big weapons like that?"

Jorn: "This movie was made around 1995 or 1997 and we still don't have weapons like that. But we have aliens, and I hope you guys will survive it out there in the field.” He laughs. “Don’t get hit like me."

Booker: "Jorn they have me with them so I hope they be fine with me."

Jorn: "Good, keep them out of harm’s way Booker."

Farmer: "Yeah, nothing hurts my kids and gets away with it." He chugs his coke. "Speaking of which, you guys see those girls around the base?"

Booker: “I’ll keep a sharp eye on them.” His response is jerky and slightly slurred. Farmer gives him a puzzled look.

Jorn: "I've also seen them, what about them?"

Booker: "the aliens well I hope they don't see them…” His speech is now definitely slurred, and the others in the room are all giving him worried looks. Farmer walks over and takes an experimental sniff of Booker’s can of pepsi. His eyebrows furrow in confusion, and he gives Daniel a perplexed look. Daniel seems confused as well, but just shrugs.

Farmer: "It's just... they seem very stand-offish, is all. Like they're scared of us or something. One clearly hasn't been soldiering before, and the other one... from what happened when my roommate tried 'sparring' with her, I'd say she's got some pretty severe psych problems.” He shakes his head. “It just... I don't know. That's just from personal observation. I guess I want some outside input, you know?"

Jorn: "The one with the psych problems is called Ayame, she has traumatic experiences with men and she puts all the energy from those experiences into aggression, she can be quiet nice sometimes, she even came to visit me here. And the other is probably Anna, but I haven't really spoken to her."

Daniel: "I acually haven't ran into any of them yet. Farmer, you said one wasn't a soldier? What is she doing here then?" He takes a sip.

Farmer: "I mean that she's never been on the front lines before. She's got that rookie attitude where she's judging the other recruits for what she sees as 'slacking off.'” He shakes his head. “If I've seen it once, I've seen it a million times, and it never lasts once they actually see what they're in for.”

Daniel: "I'll admit, the whole 'all nationalities' thing is bugging me a little aswell. When we're in the middle of a firefight, it's important we can understand each other." He rubs his chin while staring at the TV. "Hmn. I should really meet with the rest of the squad. Erm... besides you Booker, and you Jorn. Who's currently on active duty?"

Farmer: “Hmn, that's actually a good question. Who is on active duty?"

Daniel: "haha, well maybe she's right I 'have' been slacking off a bit..." He cheers at the ending of the movie. "…But we'll see how it goes. I hope we get deployed soon Farmer. I think it's about time we showed those aliens not to mess with Earth's finest!" He finishes his drink and flips off the TV during the credits. "Gentlemen, it has been a pleasure. I'll try to pull some strings, and maybe we can do this again sometime!" He gets up from his chair and moves over to the trolley, unplugs the TV and gets ready to roll it out of the med-bay.

Booker: “Well, have a good night everyone.”

Farmer: “Night all.”

Jorn: “Thanks for the visit guys. I appreciate it.”

Dahlexpert

Name: Axton van dam

Man these last few days have been pretty good,finally talked to that Chinese girl,Ayame Kasagi,well she is a pretty good person but she does have a temper,but she does remind me of my sister aggressive protective of her friends and is a wicked shot,but is she nice probable I get the feeling that i'm gonna have to slowly ears her trust like Anna.

Well in other news my friend Colien finally got some action on the battlefield he shot the sectoit,he didn't kill it because it was mind melded,so he only wounded it which is not that bad,at least he fired his weapon ans shot some thing,but that is not what i'm worried about it's the latest news report,my dad told me to respect your enemy in combat,but what the aliens are doing is not honorable,killing civilians is the lowest thing any one can do,it's one thing for them to shoot us but to kill unarmed civilian is unforgivable,and they will pay for there actions.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
(OOC: The following was made in colabaration between ZombieSplitter53 & PrismaCube)

Compiled For Surveillance footage #232-9440535, #334-1010559, & #398-0446597

Ayame Kasagi stands outside of the main Laboratories, a nervous look on her face. After several minutes staring at the door, she finally enters. She is almost immediately seen being escorted out by a lab tech. "Whoa there, cutey, you can't just come in here wearing that soldiers uniform. Now, maybe if you weren't wearing it, we could talk."

"You mean, if I was wearing a lab coat I could get in?" Ayame asks with a puzzled look.

The lab tech laughs loudly, and asks her, "Whatz your name, sweet cheeks?"

"M-My name is Ayame. Ayame Kasagi."

"Ayame, huh? Beautiful name. I'm Charles McAfree, but my friends call me Mac. Now, whatz a fine looking piece of tail like you want with the labs?"

Ayame quickly glances behind her back for a second, before returning her attention to Mac, saying, "I heard you were starting autopsies on the Thin Men, and I was hoping I could get a look at one of them, maybe even watch the autopsy."

Mac thinks for a moment. A large grin spreads across his face as he tells her, "Sure, I can get you in. Though it won't be easy. I mean, I've got a lot of pull here, practically on top, but even I'd have to pull some strings. Maybe we can make an arrangement."

"What...what do you mean," Ayame says nervously.

"A little quid quo pro. I've haven't had much time for a little "social interaction" since I go here, if you know what I mean. I'll help you with your problem, if you come back to my room and help me with mine."

"Y-your room? I...I don't think I...can..."

"We're gonna start dissecting those crystal bug things, too. You interested in them?"

"N-no...but I think Anna is...."

"Right! Of course, Anna! She's the red-head, right?"

"No, that's Persephone."

"No, no, I mean she was with the red-head. Of course I meant she's that tall Russian chick. I talked to her the other day! She was saying how she'd love to get a piece of their armor, but I think she was too embarrassed to ask me. Maybe I can get it for you, and you can give it to her as a gift. What do you think?"

"That...would be nice..."

"Great!" Mac sticks his head back into the lab. "Hey I'm going on break. I....I don't...look just cover me! Damn slave drivers." He steps out of the lab and motions Ayame down the hall, following behind with a huge grin.

Colin Weger steps out of the labs a moment later, a confused look on his face as he rushes forward to catch up with the pair.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside the main male-lab techs' barracks, Colin catches up with Mac and Ayame just as they are about to enter a room. "Hey Ayame," he says, a worried look on his face, "Sorry to disturb you, but it's urgent. It's about Anna, the Commander does not seem to be happy with her and such...can I speak to you privately around the corner for a second?"

Ayame immediately gives a worried expression and nods, but Mac chimes in, saying, "Excuse me, who are you? The young lady and I have business to attend to."

His expression slightly giving way to angry, Colin says, "No excuse me, but this is a little more important than your 'business'. So I guess you can wait, unless you want trouble. And it does not matter who am."

Mac's expression turns sour. He starts to say something, but Ayame holds up a hand and assures him she'll be right back before grabbing Colin's wrist and pulling him around the corner. "Make it quick," he yells, "we have less than an hour."

Ayame gives Colin a pleading look, frantically asking, "What happened to Anna? Is she okay? What did the Commander say?"

Colin takes a quick look around the corner to make sure Mac isn't listening. He then whispers, "Anna is alright, nothing bad happened to her. Sorry for the lie, but hear me out for a second, I have to know, do you know this guy? Is he a friend of yours? Because, I don't know if you are noticing what he is trying here. And I'm sorry if you do know what is going on. Then it is just my fault for being cautious."

"I...you...you should not joke around like that," Ayame says angrily. Seeing Colin's concerned look, her expression softens, and she says, "I do not really know him. His name is Mac, and he works in the labs. I was hoping I could look around in there, and he said he could, um "pull some strings", he just needed my help with something first. That is all."

Colin curses Mac under his breath. "Yes I know, and I'm really sorry, but I did not know any other way to get your attention at this moment. Look, this Mac guy, he is lying to you, he can't pull string, no soldier has access to the labs, unless the Commander says so. I was already told that, and Anna recently got thrown out of the Workshop because of that. Now, I will not stop you, but I will warn you about this guy, he is up to no good. I know that for sure. He is one of those guy's you should not trust."

Colin pauses for a second to catch his thoughts. "I know you probably don't trust me that much either, but the difference between that guy and me is that I actually care for you, and you can trust me that I tell the truth, I would do the same if my own daughter was in this situation. So if you want I can go have a little talk with that Mac, or try to find out the real reason why he wanted to go with you to the Men Quarters...alone, I will be right around this corner to make sure he does not try anything. But if you decided not to trust me, then I'm sorry."

Ayame's eyes dart back and forth in deep thought for several moments before she nods and returns to Mac.

"How...how exactly are you going to get me into the labs or get me that piece of armor?"

"What, did that asshole say somethin'. Look, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Just come in here, and we'll take care of my reward, and then you'll get yours. In a way, you'll be getting two rewards."

"What exactly do you want from me?"

"You know, we're just gonna get to know each other."

"Why do we have to go in your room for that. Why can't we do it out here?"

Mac laughs loudly. "Wow, you're a kinky little minx, aren't you. I think a little privacy would be better, though."

A mortified look crosses Ayame's face. "I...you...you want...you...think I would...I...have to go."

Ayame turns to leave, but Mac grabs her wrist and pulls her back. "You think you can just leave after getting my hopes up? You dragged me all the way over here, promising me a good time, and now you're suddenly skipping out. You got a responsibility to take of first."

Colin comes around the corner. "Mac! Let her go! The only responsibility that Ayame has is to fight for X-COM, it is the reason why she is here in the first place, but I'm not sure why you are here. It is obvious you are not doing what you were meant to do. You should show some respect towards her, she is doing something greater than you will ever do in your life. And taking advantage of her little knowledge about people like you, that is just sick. Now I suggested you leave and never talk to Ayame again, and I will forget about this, but continue this and you will be in some serious trouble. I'm not the violent type, but I won't hesitate if you try to make a move."

Mac's face grows furious as he yells, "Who the hell do you think...". But as he looks into Colin's eyes, he falters, and he releases Ayame's arm. He gives them both one last angry look before storming into his room, slamming the door behind him.

Ayame stands in silence, her eyes wide like a deer in headlights. She rubs her wrist, which is slightly red, and mumbles incoherently under her breath. Walking over to her, Colin says, "Hey, are you alright? Come on, I will walk with you to your room, and then go have a small talk with the commander, unless you don't want me to."

"I...I would rather keep this between us...if that's okay...but...I'd appreciate the escort...if it is not too much trouble."

"Oh...alright, no worries. I won't tell anyone, promise." Colin start's walking with Ayame.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After several minutes of silence, Ayame gives Colin a worried look, and says, "I swear, I, I...I did not know, I..I mean, I...but..it was so obvious, now that I..oh god, how can I be so stupid? You...you probably think I'm a little chòu biǎozi. I..I swear I...would never have...". She trails off, a defeated look on her face.

Colin rushes after her, yelling, "Ayame, wait! You did not know any better at that moment, and I do not thing any different of you. In my book, you are a great person and not some...chu bioz...or whatever, no matter what happens. Plus, I think you would have done the same for me." Colin smiles, adding, "Alright, now take a rest and don't think about it anymore, you will be alright."

Ayame returns the smile. As the reach her room, she opens the door, but stops before going in. She looks intently at Colin, and says, "Thank you Colin. I really mean it. Thank you. If there is any way I can repay you, just let me know."

Keeping a smile on his face, he responds, "Seeing you smile is already enough of a payback, and if you ever need someone to talk to, I always have time. Alright! Well Ayame, good day to you."

Colin turns around and heads toward his room. "Goodbye," Ayame says with a small wave. She enters her room, and Persephone can be heard saying "Who was that" before the door closes.

Last edited:

BMPixy

[The same message as previous logs applies here.]

April Fifteenth, Two Thousand and Fifteen
Dear Onkel,

It seems I have been having trouble writing you letters as of late. Perhaps recalling my past as that psychologist said was not the greatest of ideas. It makes me think of you as well and truly gone, rather than just dead and awaiting me beyond the veil. Such dissonance between what I feel and what I know could be the reason for such difficulty. I suppose it would be more appropriate, until I can sort out my mess, to only write you on mission dates, rather than any time something remotely important happens. Luckily, today was one such day, though I have neglected to inform you of the previous mission, which happened a week ago. The former was in some Argentinian city, whose name I cannot recall, and the latter took place in Berlin, on the Western side of town. Both missions went spectacularly well, although a Close Assault Specialist going by the name of Jorn Lemonade has established a reputation for inaccuracy with a rifle. Yet another odd name to add to the list.

Also, I have heard mentions that the Commander will be pulling another group of soldiers into service. I feel that my time to serve, and likely die, will come soon. Although normally such thoughts of death do not affect me, such instances involve me dying bringing the return of the monarchy, rather than against such a foe as we fight today. Looking at the casualties among the national armies tasked with dealing with abductions that X-COM does not handle is, to say the least, demoralizing. A Canadian mechanized infantry platoon that attempted to drive out the invaders took sixty-five percent casualties against a squad of the aliens, and the amount of missing civilians is estimated to be approximately one thousand and one hundred persons as of 0700 Montreal time. Such is the power of ours foes, if given time to entrench. It is a small miracle that we have a piece of technology such as the Skyranger, which takes minutes for what other transports would take hours to traverse. After all, that is X-COM’s duty. We are the first, and most effective response. We are at the forefront of the war, and as such, must be vigilant and efficient with our responses. Until we can find where the aliens are attacking from, we must always be on watch for where the aliens strike. X-COM was formed in a reaction, and lives by reacting. Hopefully the time comes to be proactive soon. Even the quickest and toughest of blocks still leaves the arm stinging. In order to win, we must break the cycle of reacting and have ourselves determine the flow of battle.

All this talk of fighting makes me wish to spar. Perhaps I can find an opponent that is not intimidated by my size. While I am not quite as large as Big Farmer, he out-classes me in height by nearly a quarter of a meter, it still dissuaded some of the other recruits from, what is the saying, 'putting them up'? Well, I suppose this is a sign that I should finish writing.

May we meet again as I pass the veil,
Leon

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: None (All Deceased) [Update: One Possible]
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Video Log [Translated from Mandarin]

12:58 a.m.

[Ayame Speaks in Whispers] I couldn't really fall asleep, my mind is racing too much, and I realized I haven't done a full log in a while, so...yeah, here I am. The last mission went well, though I feel sorry for Jorn. I overheard some of the other soldiers making fun of him for his misses, and even the Commander was openly criticizing him in front of the other soldiers. Seems like a bad idea to me, but my question is why Jorn has a rifle. I mean, Jorn is an Assault, right, and one who the Commander keeps way up front. Hell, he had him attacking Thin Men at point blank range, despite the their poisonous clouds. If he was fighting at long range it would make sense, but if you're going to have him constantly fighting at close range, why not give him a close range weapon?

[Ayame has a legitimately puzzled look. She looks as though she is about to expand on the subject, but instead shakes her head and moves on]

(Sigh) You know, Joel warned me that I should trust others, but not to be too trustworthy, and I found out the hard way what he meant. That Mac guy, he was such a creep, but I guess I went so long considering all men to be creeps, I never learned to distinguish the real creeps from the ones I was just being unfair too. Still, I should have seen it, and I feel so stupid about it. Thank goodness Colin was there, otherwise I...he might have...[Ayame rubs her wrist]...If nothing else, it showed my what a great guy Colin is. I really hope he makes it back to his daughter. It would be terrible for this world to lose such a good father. At any rate, maybe I'll talk to John about learning some English idioms, innuendos, and euphemisms.

Anna said she had a talk with Colin the other day. She seems a bit happier now, though she is still at a loss for what to do now that she can't work in engineering. Of course, she always has me if she needs something to do...I...that didn't come out right...[Ayame turns around and looks at Anna, sleeping on her bed] I hope she understands what she means to me. I feel I'd.....no, no I know I'd be at a loss if I never met her. I can only hope I'm put on the front-lines first, so maybe I can make a difference and protect her.

[Ayame walks over to Anna. She kneels down and places her head on the side of the bed, looking at Anna for several minutes. She slowly lifts her hand and reaches towards Anna, but stops short, and stands back up. She walks back to her camera,and wipes a tear from her eye]

Ahem...Anna and Persephone are (sniff) getting along, and I'm relieved. I like Persephone, and I'd hate to think I'm some how betraying Anna be being Persephone's hair. I wonder...if she'd let me brush her hair. [Ayame blushes slightly] Heh, I suppose if I just came out and asked, I'd sound like some kind of wierdo, but whenever I'm feeling sad, Anna brushes my hair to make me feel better, just like my mother did when I was young, and she lets me brush hers, though I'm not sure if she lets me because she enjoys it or because she's just being nice to me. I have to be cautious with how pushy I get with Persephone. Anna excepted me because we've known each other for so long, but I'm sure Persephone would be put off if some strange girl she barely knows started coming on to her.

Anyway, with the current loss of front-line soldiers, the Commander announced that some of the reserve soldiers are going to start being assigned to the main troops. They gave some of these shoulder-cams to get used to, they've been testing us with various weapons to see which one we're best with, and I was informed that I have to be go to the infirmary to get a "full physical to assess my health and fitness for battle", or something like that. I'm not looking forward to it, medical exams are always so personal, but I'll do what I can to get out there, fighting aliens.

Grelite

Name: Shaojie Zhang
LogID: 160420154001
//RECORDING//
The success of Operation Lone Blade was good for morale, but I often feel many of the soldiers here lack discipline. For the number of people I have had to personally tell to obey rules and regulations, you'd think I was leading a bunch of children into the field. Yet, it is in the field that they function well. I have yet to lead a team to casualties and I can get a good performance out of most of the squad. So why is it that I have to make training sessions mandatory for a decent sized group of them to show up?

Perhaps the newly assigned field officers will come to my aid; I'd no longer be the only one trying to get these soldiers into gear before they head out on a mission. Hopefully those two aren't among those who think being a soldier is a part-time job. Hell, if the Sergeants will help out, we can have a 24/7 training schedule for these lazy bums.
//STOP//

Brycart

Name: Joel Freeman
Total Kills Since Joining X-Com: 02

Video Log

[A shaking camera turns on, facing the ground.]

Stupid piece of shi...

[The camera pans up and Joel comes into view, leaning over it. He sighs and takes a seat.]

Whew... thought I would try something new, but I didn't realize this camera was going to be hell to set up.

[He leans over the camera again, as if confirming it's working, and sits back down.]

Anyways... another day, another successful mission. Seems like the soldiers here are really starting to get the hang of this whole alien thing. The E.T's are going down just as fast as any human threat would, and we've had minimal casualties. But, I doubt it's going to go this smooth for long. These things have managed to survive long enough to travel this deep into space and manufacture cybernetics far beyond human knowledge, they've started to make ground units fly for Christ's sake, yet they can't take out a few lightly armored soldiers in a little street skirmish? Not likely. I've said this before, and I'll say it again... these things have something dangerous up their sleeves. And, judging from the attacks that have been popping up on the news, they're about to start getting serious. I just hope I'll have a chance to go on one of these "rescue missions". I'm sure I've had more experience taking care of civilians than most soldiers here.

I've been hearing that command kicked some soldiers out of engineering. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but when war comes, I don't think it's the best idea to deny the resources at hand. If a soldier is willing to help the engineers, and they are sufficient at it, why not allow them to? It's not like we're overflowing with personnel here. As far as I'm concerned, we need all the help we can get if we're going to fight these things. Hopefully, ALL of the people here will be able hold their own when push comes to shove, and I'm certain Push is well on its way.

Speaking of holding their own, Ayame is one of the best fighters I've seen in a while. I don't want to sound like I'm patronizing her, but the woman's evasion and stamina surpass mine greatly, and her foot movement is impressive. Any time I attack, she immediately steps out of range or ducks under my swing. A move that would normally take the average person 3 seconds to perform, she completes in half the time. She certainly uses her speed effectively. However, she seems to rely on her speed a bit too much. I don't think she's used to an opponent who can read motions so quickly, and I've mastered that over the years. Still, I don't think my defensive tricks will work too much longer. I know she'll catch on. That's okay... if she ever wants to go another round, I'll show her what a Ranger's offense looks like.

Frostlich1228

Skyranger Dock Surveillance 331-9947322

7:45 PM

A small group of Officers in suits approach the landing platform as the Skyranger lands, with their hands in their pockets they stare as the Skyranger opens.

Smoke obscures the view of the ship, but three men in X-Com soldier uniforms walk out of the smoke one at a time and approach the Officers in Suits.

The first one of the men to confront the Officers has Long Brown Hair and a goatee, he grins slightly when he looks at them.

The Next man has on a pair of rather expensive looking White sunglasses that draw some attention from his Greying Black Hair and Rather rugged Five O Clock Shadow, when he gets an eye on the officers he crosses his arms and lets out a long sigh.

The final man that comes out has a Large Scar down his face that runs from his Eyebrow to his Jaw, and eye that the scar goes through looks White, He has Short Cut Solid Black Hair. He stares at the Officers intently as they Stare him Back.

One of the Officers steps up and says "Hello Gentlemen, Welcome to X-Com... I hope your trip was... Pleasant..."

The Soldier with the Goatee nods at them and says "It was fine... Much better than flying across a Continent any other way"

The Older soldier looks at the Officers and stares them down for a second before saying "Speak for yourself... All that trip.... just to get here and Train a bunch of Rookies how to lead a squad seems pointless..."

The Scar Soldier looks up at them both and shakes his head slowly, but they don't seem to pay him any mind.

Another one of the Officers step forward and says "So you know why you are here, you three are going to use your Military Experience and skill leading troops to help X-Com train its soldiers"

The Older Soldier scoffs "The only reason I'm helping this Damn project is because of the Pay..."

The Younger soldier crosses his arms and looks at him "What are you talking about? You have been given a chance to save the planet and you're whining?"

The older soldier stares sharply at him "I'm not whining... I'm Complaining... More than likely this will just make the Aliens hate us more when they eventually win..."

The younger soldier rolls his eyes and look back at the Officers "Bit of a Downer Isn't he?"

The Scar soldier leans against the wall looking around the room.

Once again one of the Officers Steps forward and says "Your bunks are ready... Why don't you three go and get some well needed rest? You will begin Teaching Tomorrow"

The Older and Younger soldiers get escorted by one of the officers

The other officers disband leaving only one still in the room, he looks at the Scar soldier quietly for a while before saying "You're not much of a talker now are you?"

The Scar soldier answers him in a Gruff voice "No... Not really..."

The Officer quickly responds "You better learn how to be social, you have students to Teach tomorrow, and if we don't like your performance we will boot you out of here..."

The Officer takes one last hard look at him and leaves the room

A Few minutes pass and the scar soldier stops leaning on the wall, grabs a few bags and leaves the area.

Surveillance Video End

Sharkdragon96

Name: Persephone
Date: 4/15/15
Current rank: Recruit
Mission: Off duty

Last night while I was in my bunk thinking of something else to write, Ayame came in late with a worried look on her face. She turned to the door for a brief second to say goodbye to another soldier, I didn't get a good look at him but I think he was the rookie who was sent on the last mission. I remember bumping into him a few times in my last bunk room, he seemed like a nice guy but I wouldn't know. My past experiences around men haven't exactly been my most pleasant so I don't tend to trust them easily. I asked her where she had been but she didn't give a clear response I asked her what she had been doing with Colin Weger but all she said was "Oh nothing."
I then proceeded to ask her if she was okay but she then said that she was fine but didn't feel like talking right now, which is never a good sign. I remember dating someone in military school who would often give that exact same response, that is before finally dropping out due to the shitstorm of abuse she he had been getting without even bothering to tell me about it. If there have been people talking shit about her here in the base I wish she would just say something, I don't want to risk losing another friend. I'll get to the bottom of this soon but first I feel like I need to ask Dr. Vahlen about volunteer work before I forget again!

AaronBryant

To the Desk of Commander Odd:

Recipient: Rk. Aaron Bryant
Relationship to Recipient: Mother of Fiance
Subject: Sugar, Im sorry.

Aaron......

Hunny this is hard to say, we tried calling you but we dont even know where you are. There has been a terrible accident. Our baby, our grandbaby, the love of your life, and your child they are gone hunny. We went to the bakery and they just came down on us. it was ... .. . im so sorry they're both gone. I wish you well and to end this war soon but you werent here to protect her so Im sorry but this is your fault. You left her! you left her and your baby our grandchild. End this war its the only way you could ever make this right.

E-mail Ended

Communications correspondent: "The recipient has already recieved the email Commander. I though it would be wise to inform you."

Status
Not open for further replies.