X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 - JOURNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesypower

Name: Big Farmer

Current Rank: Rookie

Mission Name: Lone Smoke
Mission Objective:
- Sweep the the abduction site and identify threats.
- Neutralize all hostile targets.
Kills This Mission: 0
Kills since joining XCOM: 0
Total Missions: 1

Well, I made it back from my first mission, and my confidence in XCOM has definitely gone up.

We arrived in Germany at the end of a street and proceeded to begin moving up. I took up position in a bus stop booth (what are those called?), then moved up to a fire hydrant thing. There was this guy there, all covered in this green gunk. Whatever the aliens did to these people, it clearly isn't quick. I didn't have much chance to think on it, as I heard something distinctly mechanical further up the road.

We all formed up on an SUV that probably cost as much as a house - who says Americans are the only ones splurging on cars? - when I heard Zhang open up with his LMG. I moved back to the hydrant as the rest of the squad spread out. An alien moved up, and I got my first look at the enemy. It looked human, except for the fact that it was tall enough to look me in the eye but with a body built like a twig. I moved up and tried to take a shot, but I just ended up hitting a small SUV. Rex and Jorn also took shots and missed. I heard the retort of Booker's sniper rifle, and the alien's weapon started fizzling, giving Rex the chance to move up and finish it off.

Jorn moved up next, and suddenly we had contacts everywhere. These... things with what looked like engines on their backs took cover behind some cars; I'd barely registered them when a rocket whooshed past and blasted them both to kingdom come. Booker's sniper rifle barked again, and another of the aliens dropped, clearing the path for me to move to a new position on a police car. Again came the harsh crack of his rifle, and another alien dropped as Rex and Jorn moved up into a cargo truck.

I moved up to a position on another bus station, and the pounding of armored boots on pavement heralded Zhang's arrival as he took up position on my flank. I was on alert for any noise or movement, when without any warning the wall we were hiding behind shattered. I looked down at him, he looked up at me, and though neither of us said anything, we both just kinda went "oh shit." To make matters worse, no sooner did our cover vanish than I started hearing them moving around behind the cargo truck nearby.

I carefully - if a bit hurriedly - moved to cover behind one of the alien pod things littering the road, then called Zhang over with a wave and a quiet "clear." The minute he hit the cover, he was popping the pin off a grenade and tossing it onto the roof of the cargo crate. The instant the crate disintegrated both Rex and Jorn called out contacts. What followed next was the second most memorable moment of the mission (second only to my cover deciding to stop existing).

Jorn comes tearing out of the cargo truck, sprinting towards the truck the aliens are hiding behind. He slides the last several feet, pulls smoothly from the slide into a flashy show of bringing his weapon to bear in a single fluid motion...

and proceeds to miss the shot. At nearly point-blank range.

I don't mean to be cruel or anything, but... It's definitely going to take him a while to live that one down. I admit that though it's hilarious in hindsight, it was just stressful when it actually happened, but people will be joking about it for a while to come. And I will be laughing at the jokes too.

Rex finished them off - though one of them took a couple potshots at him that had me biting my nails - by nailing one of them. Apparently they do this mind-meld thing or something where if you kill one, both die? I'll take whatever force multipliers we can get.

Honestly, I was pretty much a third wheel for this mission. The whole squad worked like a well-oiled machine, so well that I only got one opportunity to fire my weapon, and that was a near-impossible shot. If this is the type of quality typical of those serving in XCOM, then the world has absolutely nothing to worry about.

Now if you'll excuse me, Poppa's going to go give one of his kids a little ribbing...

Frostlich1228

Name : Anna Stone

Non-combat Log 7 :

Oh my god... Whew...

Okay I just came back from some work down in engineering, when I went down there earlier today we quickly finished up the satellite we've been working on for the last few days, after we did, I let out a long sigh of relief...
Then all of a sudden Dr. Shen comes out of his office and takes a look at the Satellite, he then turned to us and said "Good work you guys, now all we need to do now is finish up the other four"...
When he said that the Jaws of me and all the Engineers dropped to the floor, he then nodded at us ( Which all of us know as the, ok the fun's over get back to work nod. ) and went back into his office.
We then spent the next Five hours building the second satellite and its still no where close to being finished, after I was done with helping them ( I would of kept doing it, but there are not suppose to be any soldiers in engineering after 5:00 PM )
I went back to my room and threw myself on the bed...

I woke up a few hours later and saw Persephone and Ayame chatting, I am really happy she was able to bunk with us, but it doesn't look like she is very conferrable with us quite yet, hope she doesn't feel like a Third Wheel or anything...
So all three of us talked for awhile, I ask Persephone a few questions, one of them being, "So where are you from?", She didn't really give us an answer, I am not sure if she chose not to say something or just didn't hear the question.
So after she left to get something to eat, me and Ayame had a talk, trying to guess what her nationality was, Ayame said American... I don't think she is though... she's too nice to be an American and Persephone is not really an American name, so I said that, maybe she is Greek and was named after the Persephone from the Greek myth that Ayame likes...
Wherever she's from I am glad that there is another girl here, I really needed another person here that I can talk to about Dresses and stuff.

*End of Recording*

Brycart

Name: Joel Freeman
Total Kills Since Joining X-Com: 02

Audio Log 08:

//START//
"Another mission, another success. Only this time, nobody got injured... which makes me a little worried. Not that I want to see any of the men or women here to come back wounded (for the most part), but I can't help but get the feeling the aliens are holding back. These things' ships can turn entire cities into sheets of glass, and all they have for ground forces are a bunch of human rip offs, some over sized bugs, and the occasional "Floater"? I don't think so... where is all the heavy infantry, the big guns? I'm just worried that things are getting a little too easy. Apparently Zhang's briefcase contained evidence of an "alien battleship" approaching, and you can be damn sure they'll have more than some lightly armed cannon fodder guarding that thing."

"Speaking of Zhang, I'm actually starting to respect him. At first, I wasn't sure it was the best idea to have a former triad member running around the base, but, so far, he's done more good than most of the people here. Being assigned "leader" of the Officer Training School as soon as he hits the base? That's a lot of responsibility, and he seems to be taking it in strides. Maybe his information could prove valid, and if it does, it might even give us the advantage in this war."

"I talked to Ayame about what happened in the gym the other day, and, to be honest, I'm shocked. She took it extremely well, about as well as you can with something like that. She even took the time to grab my knife, though...I almost wish she hadn't. That blade is nothing but a reminder of dark times in my life. She offered it back to me, but I didn't take it. I figured it was about time I let it go, so I left it to her for safe keeping. I hope she takes care of it... as much as I hate seeing that god forsaken thing, it was all I had left of him and I would hate to see it fall to ruin. Now... it's about time I get back to improving my guitar skills."
//END//

Aristeus

Name: Jorn ´Juice´ Lemonade
Current Rank: Cpl.
Mission Name: Lone smoke
Total kills this mission: 0
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 5
Promotion: Yup a Sergant now!

Audio Log #6:
Well I have to say that it went pretty good this mission. No new aliens, and no wounded. I didn't want to get hit again after I got hit last time, It healed pretty fast. But I could have done better, I'm just not very good with the assault rifle, shotgun is more my thing. Commander odd probably didn't understand I said: 'Give me a shotgun and some extra armor' not a second later I get a assault rifle pushed in my hands and I got pushed on the jet. I got a nice helmet back for it but still.

I was in the infirmary not to long ago, It was so boring, and painfull don't forget the pain, in the first few hours. But I got some visitors, hurray for me. Ayame came on a visit and asked me all sorts of stuff about how I deal with my past, I hoped I helped her a bit. I was scared that I might say something wrong and that she would lose control again, but I don't really know what triggers that rage, something with men I'm sure but...I don't know.

Colin also came, he brought a chess board again. So I had something to do for a whyle. He had to move the pieces for me because it hurt when I moved my arm, pretty funny. He is one of the oldest here, and he must have played a lot of chess because he is pretty old. Well not really old but one of the oldest here. I almost lost again but we had to quit our game because the visiting time was over.

And then came Daniel, Farmer and Booker, to watch a movie with me, I missed the party but they brought all sorts of drinks so that was pretty nice. We watched men in black, I tought it was pretty funny with the alien stuff in real life going on. I haven't spoken to Farmer earlyer, but he talks more than I thought. And I've spoken Booker before on the plane sometimes, but not a whole lot. So it was really nice of them to visit and watch a movie with me even when they don't really know me well. I went with Booker and Farmer on the last mission, Booker did pretty good this time, and Farmer too, but he got zero kills, just like me.

Yeah, it can happen that it doesn't go well sometimes, but I shouldn't complain, we came back healthy and alive. I'm glad that I made some friends at base. And they are all really nice people. I saw Ayame and Daniel standing at the side when I came out of the plane, I decited to smile but I was not very happy at how I missed those shots, I really need a shotgun. I wonder what the future has in store for me, time will tell... man I'm so poetic sometimes.

Oh yeah... My nickname is ´Juice´ as if my fake last name wasn´t good enough. Really funny people, really funny... well I guess it kinda is, so I´m ok with it but still....juice? really? Jorn Lemonade out.
--] End of log

AaronBryant

Name: Aaron Bryant Rank: Rookie
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 0
Total Outings:0

Begin audio diary 07
"Ive not done this in a long time i sit here brooding. Wanting little more than brief acknowledgement from the God i have dedicated my life to. To he who i thought had listened to prayers upon prayer and in reality my prayers have fallen on deaf ears. My heart is weak in this trial how am i to trust a god who gave us no warning as to an incoming barrage. He promised he would not end us through the flood once more but pray tell me is this not a flood. A MONSOON OF EPIC FUCKING PROPORTIONS. but instead of the tiny molecules of water we have the blood bone and sinew to drown in. Blood bone and sinew that are so foreign to us. I have become reserved these past few weeks. I have been watching the autopsies with much fasination. I have hoped that that would give me some sort of clarity but no it has only driven me deeper into this hole that i dig and dig and dig and dig for myself. I dreamed of Martriese last night .... .. . . .. it was a sad dream ........"
End audio diary 07

The man who is high on faith,
Becomes the man buried under 6 feet of doubt,
He is lost,
He is blind,
He has no where to run,
No where to hide,
The one who gave him comfort is now the source of his distress,
and with heavy heart he becomes what no man can,
Deicidal, STAB STAB STAB goes the blade of lies through his ear and out the other
ending the God and making him become god instead.

Rocketbottle

Name : Samuel Wright

Log #4

I haven't wrote any recent logs the past week because of my side job of maintenance on the VTOL and I have been thinking really hard about my life anyways life on the base has been normal I daily get my ass kick by my " teacher " at officer training school his name is somthing zhang I think he is a capitin now afther a mission I don't know I haven't kept up with the times I probably will ask thef what's been going on above anyways yesterday my Boss work my ass on a plane because the plane had some battery problem anyways I went to sleep for only a hour until my alarm went off and I felt like shi so I travelled to coffee maker and I bump into a female she was attractive but she was bitchy as hell she just lay it down on me about asshole Americans and other things along that line and I must off been so aggravated that I ended up calling her a BITCH and she freaked out and punched me square in the jaw and I fell down luckily nobody was there so there so she didn't get caught and afther I got up I went to get coffee I won't tell anybody about what happen but I want to say sorry but I can't remember her name anyways I have to go take a shit

Sharkdragon96

Name: Persephone
Date: 4/7/15
Current rank: Recruit
Mission: Off duty

My father has always said I I'm an introvert and he's mostly right. I love being around other people and I enjoy their company but I always find it easier to relax when I'm alone. However, ever since he and my mother divorced he doesn't know how worse things have gotten for me. Usually when something tragic happens (like today) I tend to just put it out of my mind until I'm alone and I can grieve about it in peace. It should be no mystery to Ayame and Anna that I am in fact from the states but when Anna brought up the subject of where I was from I didn't want to talk about it. My home life was the last thing I wanted to think about because earlier today I'd gotten a letter from my father saying that my mother had killed herself three days ago because she couldn't bare the thought of losing another one of her daughters. I'd never been all that close to my mother, she was brought up very traditionally and I feel as though she had expected to bring up Rose and I in a similar manor, but when she found out that we would never conform to her expectations she kind of distanced herself from us a little bit and ever since Rose's death it'd only gotten worse. I don't remember being as distraught as I should have been upon hearing the news, but that being said I feel awful knowing I had something to do with it, if I had been less harsh to her the last time we talked maybe things wouldn't have turned out the way they did.

Dahlexpert

Surveillance Video #566-792342

Project X-COM Hallways

Axton is carrying a weird box down the hall way

"Man I relay hope that Anna can help me out with this weapon problem i'm having,hopefully this is her room right here".

Axton knocks on the door and Ayame answers it

"Hay your that guy from the shooting range"

(Crap of all the people her why did this have to be her room) "um yea again sorry about that,um hay is this Anna room"

"Hay Anna you have a visitor,so what do you what with my room mate".

(Anna appears at the door) "Axton what are you doing here"

Ayame gets a surprised look on her face. "Wait Anna you no this guy"

"Yea we met at the shooting range,he's the one that gave me all those good complements remember"

Ayame turns back at axton "You meet a lot of people at the shooting range don't you"

"Yea I can't help if the shooting range is like my second home,but any way um Anna can I talk to you in private
"Um sure I guess Ayame ill be back soon ok".

Ayame grabs Anna arm "Be careful around this guy Anna he's an american he can't be trusted"

"Relax Ayame I don't trust him all ready but ill be careful alright".

Ayame releases Anna arm and shuts the door

"All right Axton what do you want"

"Um I no we just met but I need your help with some thing"

(Ugh I new it I new this guy was only nice to me because he wanted some thing from me,typical american attitude there only nice when they need something and nothing else.)

"Alright Axton what do you want"

"Well since your the only engineer that I no and your pretty good at making weapons,can you fix these guns that was recently sent to me by my family."

"Um sure why not we could us more weapons here any way,come on lets head down to my office."

Axton grabs his box of guns and followed Anna to engineering

"Hay Anna you don't trust me do you"

"No I don't I mean we just met a few days ago"

"That's not the reason you don't trust me,i'm guessing that you don't trust me because i'm american."

"How did you come up with that answer"

"That flag on your back,it's Russian and your people don't like us because you think were a bunch of argent jackasses how think were better then most races,"

(Anna is silent for a minute)

"Look Anna your people are about half right about my country,there are some a holes in my country but there are people like that in every country,and no I don't think your one of them"

"Axton do you like your country"

"No no I don't I hate the Marjory of my country except for my home"

Anna gives Axton a very confused look "Wait you hate america but your from there why do you hate your own country"

"Anna Can I tell you some thing"

"Yea what is it"

"I'm a bounty hunter,and the reason why I hate my country is because,those assholes you talked about I worked for them for a short time

Anna looks down on the ground,hay Axton i'm not sure if i'm asking a personal question but what did they make you do,I no that you killed people but who did you kill"

"They made me kill a lot of good people,people that would have changed my country for the better innocent people and it went against every thing that I stood for and it made me sick noing who those people relay were"

"Axton I don't care what you did in your past nor do I care that your a bounty hunter,just as long as you work with this project and kill aliens your fine with me"

"Wait so do you trust me"

"No not yet you seem like a nice guy but just give me some time to get use to you all right"

"Yea all right ill respect that"

"Well here is the engineering room give me your weapons"

Axton gives Anna his box of guns

"Ill give these back to when i'm done"

"Alright this is my room number,and if i'm not there check the shooting range"

"Got it ill give these to you in a few hours"

"Great thanks Anna"

Grelite

Name: Shaojie Zhang
Log ID: 080420154001
//RECORDING//
Again I had to play the bad guy. Though no soldier has come to me with any issues, the entire rest of the base's staff is on my ass like flies to honey. Why? Apparently a lot of the rookies have been going out of their way to disobey every protocol these pencil pushers wrote up in this place. Now instead of going to the culprits themselves, they come to me, telling I need to tell them off. It's a nasty situation where I want to fraternize with my fellow soldiers, but have my duties as CO. I chose to be the responsible officer and yell at the troops.

First up was a young female soldier named Anna Stone. As she stepped into my office I could tell she was confused as to what this was about. Until the bad news, that is. She had been accused of impersonating an engineer, not hesitating to stroll into engineering, explicitly forbidden to soldiers, and 'help' the staff on their projects. Turns out they weren't lying and the boys down there were too happy to have an attractive woman helping them out that they didn't notice she was military staff until recently. Now it was up to me to give her the ultimatum: be a soldier or be an engineer, they are both full-time jobs.

Next up was a rookie named Samuel Wright. Another accusation of impersonation. Mr. Szanches was not very happy to see his Skyranger be tinkered on by some soldier. There was no ultimatum for this guy, Szanches was very clear about this, so I told Wright he had to be a soldier, come to training instead of screwing around with someone else's equipment. It was rough seeing the guy's reaction, like I stabbed a puppy in front of him.

That was far from the end of my day. In fact, the rest of my day I had to call in several soldiers who kept weaponry in the barracks. It seems I needed to speak very slowly to make clear that all weapons need to be either at requisitions, out in the field or on the range. There had even been cases of people sneaking real swords and knives into the dojo and gym, nearly resulting in severe injuries in two of those cases. It seemed like some of them almost started crying when I broke the news, as if I had just told them they could never breathe again.

I suspect some of the people I had to yell at today will blame me for this, a message I passed on about the obvious protocols they chose to violate. Yet I feel bad for them. I don't know why. A distraction is what I need right now. It's been a long day and all this paperwork is getting the best of me. I'll try to see if the range is calm enough for me to clear my head.
//STOP//

Zain Shah

Sergeant Zain Shah
Missions-4
Kills-8
Support

I have to prepare for this mission ahead in case i'm picked, I headed down to the shooting range but on the way I heard Zhang shouting at Anna for helping in engineering, I seriously respect this guy cos you need balls of steel to confront your team mates and tell them off but I think that everyone else is making him do it but I still commend him for his courage whenever I see him. When I got to the shooting range, I only had a few hours to practice bit I also saw Jorn "Juice" Lemonade there (nice to know i'm not the only one with a weird nickname) I didn't expect an assault to practice shooting too much but I guess he is really dedicated to the team and he is can get his aim up which while unconventional, may prove to be useful. I thought I might as well quickly write a journal before the Commander makes his pick for the squad.

Bad Karma

-CLASSIFIED ONLY X:COM MEMBERS-
Bio#2
subject:to HQ
now im being ordered to get out of the xcom secondary base and now im being sent to HQ.My friends say that only two soldiers died.He said ther names were perseriov astari and space paddy.so i should fit in well with the new recruits in my shipment hopefuly theres no alcohol ban at HQ also because i get pissed if i dont get my boose.hopefuly i wont die on my first mission

-END OF LOG-

pete60750

<RECORDING>
<INFO>
Ainm (name): Peadar Mac Lochlainn
Stadás (status): Slántiúil (healthy)
</INFO>
<JOURNAL>
So, while Aaron Bryant is ok at learning Gaeilge, I cannot for the life of me remember the lyrics to the song he's been teaching me. At all. I think its name is "Bohemian Rhapsody", by a band named Queen. And the song has nothing whatsoever to do with anything Bohemian nor Czech, as far as I can tell. Although I can't say much, as all the lyrics I can remember are the five or six lines that open the amhrán. So I spent all last night just thinking about this song, trying to remember it, pacing the room and looking in random places (as if it were going to help) when I came across a photo from the Troubles, Bloody Sunday. It made me remember the terrible way me and my fellow republicans acted after that day. As if unjustified violence from one side could justify unjustified violence from the other. So now I'm wondering, what about the aliens? Sure, they have come and taken people from their homes, but have they done enough to make our killing of them justified? Are their "abductions" enough that we should be scared about the survival of the human race? And, more importantly, will it end in extinction, of either sentient species? Well, I sure hope no high-ranking official will read this. Slán.
</JOURNAL>
</RECORDING>

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
I wanted to put this here because I didn't want it to get missed. I know, I'm breaking my own rules. That's part of being the commander ;)

Pilot

Since we have 3 interceptor pilots now, there will be a new arrangement for pilot applications. There will be one pilot assigned per continent, no matter how many vessels are stationed there, or what vessel was stationed there. This means that pilots will become active as they are stationed around the world. As of now (post-episode 3) only Asia and North America have an active pilot, but that is likely soon to expand. The third pilot will be assigned to the third continent and so on. This means there can be a total of 5 interceptor pilots. Right now there are three.

Sharkdragon96

INT: Shooting Range

Persephone and Ayame are practicing their aim.

Ayame notices that Persephone has been strangely quiet all morning. Ayame is somewhat concerned, ever since Anna chimed in on their conversation last night Persephone has seemed a little on edge.

Ayame starts to find her silence a bit unnerving and tries desperately to find a subject to talk about in hopes of breaking the ice.

AYAME
You know Persephone is one of my favorite figures in Greek mythology.
PERSEPHONE
Interesting.
Persephone nails a headshot on one of the target dummies.

PERSEPHONE
She was Hades's wife wasn't she?
AYAME
Yes. But there's a bit more to it then that.
Ayame nails a shot in the chest on another dummy.
PERSEPHONE
Eh! Greek Mythology just isn't one of those things that floats my boat, too many traumatic memories of middle school and getting pelted with fruit while simultaneously being told to go to hell.
AYAME
*snicker*

PERSEPHONE
True story by the way! The parents of those eighth graders started getting suspicious when they saw how many of the other students started bringing pomegranates to school.
Persephone puts the sniper rifle down and picks up a shotgun.

She aims and blasts a hole through the mid section of one of the dummies forcing stuffing to fly everywhere.

PERSEPHONE
My father on the other hand is actually a college professor on the subject, he was the one who gave me the name when I was born.
AYAME
Do you have any other living relatives back home?
Persephone hesitates for a moment and gives out a stressful sigh.
PERSEPHONE
I have him, my grandmother, my aunt and my uncle, that's about it. My sister died in Afghanistan and my mother...
Persephone hesitates for a second.
PERSEPHONE
She died from heart problems.
AYAME
I can relate. It must have been traumatic for you having to go through something like that.
PERSEPHONE
My sister's death was the whole reason I wanted to join the army in the first place. I signed up for this because if I could accomplish something great here I would die peacefully knowing that her death rather then being in vain was the cause that influenced me to keep moving forward through the whole ordeal.
Ayame walks up to Persephone and gives her a hug.
AYAME
I'm really happy to be getting to know you, Persephone because for the past few years Anna has been the only family I've had and It's not like I can guarantee her safety here.
PERSEPHONE
I'm happy to be getting to know you too. In fact I think I might be starting to feel more comfortable around you and her.
Ayame smiles.

Both go back to shooting targets for a few more minutes before Ayame glances over towards the door.

Neither of them have eaten yet.

AYAME
Hey, I'm going to go down to the cafeteria to get some breakfast, coming?
PERSEPHONE
I'll be right behind you, I'm just going to spend a little more time practicing my aim.
AYAME
Okay, I'll see you down there I guess.
PERSEPHONE
Sure thing!
Ayame is about to leave the room when a burning question comes to her mind.

AYAME
Persephone!
PERSEPHONE
Yes?
Ayame stops, coming to the realization of how much of how risky it would be to ask that question.

AYAME
Never mind.

END SCENE.

Teaslurper

Name: John Cooper

Non combat Recording 5:

John is currently sitting in the armory stripping and cleaning an assault rifle, seemingly unfazed by the faded pops of gunfire as well as the occasional shouts from instructors that can be heard from the range outside the room. He has a subtle grin on his face.

"So...something interesting happened recently. Xcom went on a mission without a single death, or even a single casualty for that matter. It appears the suits have managed to start doing something right somewhere, whether its some of the new equipment or training the veterans have received that have given us this improvement, I don't know. Heck maybe the commander has adjusted to fighting against whoever or whatever is commanding those things"

John momentarily stops cleaning the rifle to laugh

"Or maybe those suits have finally started to gather intel about the situation we're going to fight in with some competence. Anyway because of whatever change that has happened the suits decided to promote three people. They gave Rex more than one medkit finally, someone taught Jorn the art of not getting shot, and they decided to give Lt Badass even more explosives."

"Speaking of Lt Badass, it appears he's on a one man mission to get this place running by the books. I gotta say its a bit weird he decided to do this, even when he is a superior officer, considering that he is ex triad. I didn't think most triads are run by the books. I mean the triads I sold to were loyal and with a clear hierarchy, but they didn't have lots of discipline. Mind you those triads weren't exactly what you would call successful. Anyway good luck to him, I don't think this place ran by the books to start with. I just hope he doesn't punish me for the name of lieute-"

The sound of a door opening cuts off John as he stares wide eyed beyond the camera in silence. Zhang's voice breaks through the now loud noise of the range nextstore, asking if john has seen Anna. John shakes his head no, which is then followed by Zhang asking John to tell Anna to see him in his office if he sees her before the the sound of the door closing is heard. The Sounds of the range fades again.

"....Phew....That was close, though I was going to be punished for something for a split second there. I feel sorry for Anna if she has to see him pissed. Anyway... "

John snaps the last piece of the gun back in place, grinning.

" Some of the other trainees on the range wanted help with setting up the new optics, so I gotta go. John signing off"

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: None (All Deceased) [Update: One Possible]
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Extraterrestrial Analysis Log #2 [Translated from Mandarin]

I make it no secret that the aliens I find both the most interesting and the most frightening are the Thin Men. Personally, I would have gone with the name "Tall Men" and no, it is not because I am so short. A few years ago, I was tasked with infiltrating an American Military base (in a location I can't divulge) in order to get some information (for individuals I can't name), and did so by posing as a....as a, uh....god, men are pigs...anyway, some of the soldiers when watching an old horror movie from the 70s. I couldn't follow any of it, knowing practically no English, but there was this man, the main villain I think, he haunts my nightmares to this day. I felt to compelled to ask who he was, and one of the soldiers said he was "The Tall Man". I'm not sure if this was his actual name or if the soldier was just making fun of me, but the name stuck in my name.

Anyway, coming back from my tangent, I guess it doesn't matter what we call them, as long as one of the names is "enemy". At an impressive 230 cm but probably weighing no more then 50 kg, one has to wonder why creatures that were surely designed to be infiltrators would be made to be so tall. I mean, I've always been impressed with Anna's 200 cm, but the Thin men are just going overboard. Looking past that, unless you get a look at those reptilian eyes or those green splotches of skin, they are terrifyingly human in appearance. I even overheard one of the front-line soldiers saying they overheard a few of them conversing in Earth languages. It makes me sick to think about how long they've been here, watching Anna and I from right under our noses with us never being the wiser.

One of the most fascinating features of these enemies is their poison, which the can shoot out like a Shuāng jí lóng, only it takes the form of a poisonous cloud. They seem to use this attack when they don't have a clear shot at a soldier. I fear for our troops when they start using this to flush out our soldiers into waiting over-watches. Whats worse, they even let out a cloud of poison upon death, impeding our process.Luckily, the scientist down in the labs has already started working on an antidote to include in the med-kits.

Even with out this ability, they are still frightening enemies. Their aim is incredible, and they have impressive strength, being able to lift and fire their heavy-looking rifles single-handed, as though firing a simple handgun. They are also very nimble, and have incredible dexterity. I can not say if this is part of their normal biology or part of whatever cosmetic surgery made them look so human, I don't exactly have access to the autopsy reports, and it isn't like I can ask one of them, but whatever the case may be, their very face, amazingly flexible, and that vertical leap is something to behold. Combine this with their impressive strength, and they would be quite the hand-to-hand combat opponent if they have received any training in this field.

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 8 :

Well I just found out that I am not aloud to help the engineers anymore...ughh...

It started with me being called up to Zhang's office for some reason, when I finally got there he filled me in on why I had been called to talk to him, he told me that I had a been accused of "Impersonating" an engineer, I told him that I was not Impersonating them, just helping them work faster and trying to relieve some of their burdens.

He told me that I was not aloud to help them, and that I am not aloud in engineering at all... Now I told him that the Engineers had said that I am alright so long as I stay on the manufacturing floor... So either they didn't know who is and is not aloud on the floor, or they lied to me so that they could get a little extra help.
Zhang told me that the engineers had said that they did not know I was Soldier Class and had assumed I was an engineer.
That is false, I had told them I wasn't an engineer time and time again...
What I think happened was that, someone saw me head into engineering then confronted Zhang about it, the engineers didn't want to get in trouble so they said they didn't know I was a soldier and put all the blame on me...

Zhang didn't seem to care though, he told me to stop helping them and I had to...

So now I am stuck in my room doing nothing while those engineers are working their asses off trying to build those satellites...

Isn't it just like an American run project to yell at you for helping your colleagues work?

I think I am going to end this journal early today...

*End of Recording*

PrismaCube

Name: Colin Weger
Year: 2003

Colin's Father (Alex)

Memory Log 3:

-Translated from German-

*Flashback to 1985*
(Age:10)

Alex: ...and people will respect those who are kind to other's. You should always treat other's the way you want to be treated.

Colin: But papa what if I don't like someone? Like that bully at school?

Alex: Just because someone does not like you and bullies you does not mean you have to do that too...Look at it this way, do you want to be the very person you dont like? No so you just ignore him and even if he is mean, don't be mean you are not him. Do you understand?

Colin: A little...

Alex sighs

Alex: Alright junior, you will know what I mean in time. Just know you are unique, and a unique person looks at the world in his own eyes. There will be many events that can influence the way you look at the world. But you should always remeber to be kind to everybody, because strangers are just friends you have not meet yet.

Colin: Thank you Papa. I will remeber.

Now: Alex's Buriel (Rainy Day)

Colin: As my Opa once said to my Papa on his death bed, “I'm afraid of death.” When I look back at as much of my Papa's life that I knew, I think my Papa was not afraid to die, he lived his life to its full potential. Some people fear that they will not leave a mark when they leave this earth. This was not Papa's concern. He wanted to leave a mark on the ones that he loved. He wanted them to know him as who he was- kind, mature, yet fun and childish. He would have wanted us to remember everything good about him, and not the fact that he died, but the fact that he lived. He lived quite a life. He tought me to always be kind to other's and not to judge them, no matter who they are. Life will be diffrent without him.

Laura: I remember when I met Alex. It was on the holiday's when Colin invited his family over. I was afraid to meet him, but Colin assured me that he is quite a kind person. He was right, Alex accepted me into the family like I was always part of it. Altough he was not my real father, I have never had a father closer to me than Alex, he certainly changed my life and showed me, that there is something like a good father. Thank you Alex.

Elise: You were a good opa, and I had lots of fun with you, considering the short time I knew you, and I thank you for everthing you have thought me, I enjoyed listening to the stories you told me about you, your papa and my papa, although I'm young I will always remeber what you tought me. I will miss you opa.

BMPixy

[The same message as previous logs applies here.]

Limited Biographical Information In Use. To change this, go to the Options menu!
Name: Leon Ensslin
Internal X-COM Rank: Trainee
Height: 1.91m (6' 3”)
Weight: 90 kg (198 lb)
Nationality: German

Past Memories #1

Today....has been an interesting day. There was the recent mission, of course, but not much of note there, as it went very smoothly. But, rather, for the first time in over twenty years, I cannot figure out what to write my Onkel. I must have written nearly a dozen letters, none of them seem to have come out quite right. I realize that to some this might be trivial, but this minor act, every time something even vaguely important happens, I write my Onkel. It has been that way since I stayed with Vetter Ernst. After then, it has just been something natural, to scribble a letter, which would provide some minor insight on the things I was writing about, but...

To put it simply, it isn’t working. I never have been much for religion, if I hadn’t been convinced otherwise I would have labeled it the Minor Scourge, but it makes me wonder if he has left me. Perhaps he has told me that now I am on my own. But, aside from that short matter, on to the real reason I have made this log. It is time for the psychologist’s homework. In order to understand this story, one must start with the prequel. And so we begin, on April Nineteenth, 1945, whereupon the Red Army entered the suburbs of Berlin, and a Soviet squad enters a supposedly vacated building to rest before they continue their push. Inside, they find one Karlis and Ilse Ensslin hurriedly packing their things. A bullet to each knee for Karlis, and a bundle of rope for Ilse. Half the squad had their way with her before a pair of German squads overran the position. And you know what those Wehrmacht fools did? They congratulated the pair for distracting the squad. One of them even had the audacity to pin a medal on my Großmutter.

Nine months later, on January Twenty-Fourth, 1946, my father was born, and given the name Erich Ivan Ensslin. I suppose the middle name was a reminder of the circumstances of his conception. But, being raised in a Soviet-occupied Germany, while being half-Russian himself, led to him receiving a more than fair amount of hate and insinuations that he would sell the others out because he ‘was a dirty Bolshevik’. And, to counter these remarks, he became radical. He wore armbands under his shirt, and praised the Third Reich in private. He became a servant of the First Scourge, despite the communists’ best efforts of de-nazifying the country.

When he was fifteen, he met a girl by the name of Sofie Koenig. She saw a young man in need of pacification, he saw a naïve girl to be manipulated. Unfortunately for all involved, Erich won the contest of plans, as Sofie slipped over to his side of Nazism. They married five years later, and produced a son, Alfred Ensslin, another three years later. However, in 1974, they decided to flee the noose that was the German Democratic Republic, and began their plans. But, a scant year later, my mother discovered she was pregnant with....me. Leon Karlis Ensslin. They could not flee with an expecting mother, nor with a suckling babe, so, on October Seventeenth, 1979, when I was just three, my family left me in the hands of my mother’s brother, Konrad Koenig, while they fled the country. I do not know if they succeeded, though it would be a cruel irony for them to spend all that time planning, only to fail. After all, it is what they deserve.

-End recording.-

Status
Not open for further replies.