X-COM Enemy Unknown - Season 3 - JOURNALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostlich1228

Name : Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 6 :

I am really worried about Ayame, what was suppose to be a calming dinner with a friend definitely didn't go like that...

I got my food and sat at the table with Ayame, she was concerned about how much work I am doing down in engineering, I told her that they don't make me work that hard, I work that hard because they NEED my help, without it they might not be able to finish those satellites in time and a Nation might leave the council because of that...
I am willing to do everything in my power to help out this project, I mean... the fate of the world is at stake here, the lives of everyone on it and their family's are at stake here... and some of the soldiers on base want to use the Valuable hours that they could be using Training or Helping out the Faculty to goof off, they are using this valuable time Chatting with friends, having Paintball matches, and playing Chess...
What are they going to say to their family if we lose this war?
"Oh I am so sorry sally, but we are all going to die because I spent more time playing chess than training"...
A little Downtime is always fine, like this dinner with Ayame, it's helping relieve the stress of working 24/7, but too much downtime and everyone on the planet dies just because you decided that you wanted to slack off and not built that Satellite, or you were late meeting your friend for golf so you rushed an unfinished assault rifle out the door and the soldier the goes into battle with it dies because his gun jammed during a firefight! ...

I think I got a little off topic...

Back to the dinner with Ayame...
She said she was worried about me... I asked her why and she said it was because I have been Tossing and Turning at night...
I just told her that I've been having some nightmares...
I would tell her about them but I don't want her to worry... She is always so concerned about my safety that she will sometimes get physically sick from worry...
I'd rather her not have to deal with it, especially after what happened next...

We talked a little bit about some other stuff, The new girl bunking with us, The Different types of aliens ( I mentioned the Cryssalid but didn't go into too much detail to avoid worrying her )
and a few other things.

But I noticed that something was wrong with her... I could tell she was thinking about something...

She said she was worried about one of us getting killed in the war before she told me that... She loved me...

Now at first I just thought he meant... you know... How two really close friend love each other, but then I realized that she is IN LOVE with me...
After she realized I didn't love her back she darted out of the room... I don't know where...
I am so stupid... I've been her friend for Two Years and I've never realized that she was Gay... I just assumed she was straight because she never corrected me...
I have no problem with the fact that she's gay... Its just... I never knew she Loved me like that...

She is still my friend... and I want to help her get through this, loving someone and having them not love you back is hard...
So I've been waiting in our room for two or three hours... just waiting for her to come up so I can talk to her...
But she is nowhere to be found...
I decided to write this while waiting for her, might as well I mean...

Sigh...
I think I am going to end this log and keep waiting... if she doesn't come up soon I'll probably so and look for her...

Ughh... I am so stupid...

*End of Recording*

Brycart

Name: Joel Freeman
Total Kills Since Joining X-Com: 02

Audio Log 07:

\\START\\
"I'm so stupid... I knew something like this would happen. I never should have asked her to... I almost..."

(He takes a deep breath.)

"C'mon, Joel. Pull yourself together."

"So... I managed to convince Ayame to spar with me. A lot of good that did. I can hardly remember what happened. I got knocked off my feet and then there was the knife, and... If she hadn't snapped me out of it I would have... *sigh* I can't believe I lost control like that. I just... panicked. Hmph... a Ranger panicking... don't think I've ever heard that one before. I should have apologized then and there, but instead I ran away... like a coward."

"They had that group meal in the mess hall... I didn't go. I know it would have given me a chance to make amends, but I just couldn't bring myself to confront her... I didn't know what to say. But, I can't avoid her forever. I think it's about time to man up."
\\END\\

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: None (All Deceased)
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Memory Log #2 (Part One)

To use an old cliche, the day it all went wrong started out like any other day. Hard work in the fields, break time relaxing with Guì yīng under a tree, a small but meaningful lunch with my mother.

The thugs came in the middle of the afternoon, six of them in total. It was on odd time to attack, unless you knew why they were there. They purposely attacked at that point to send a message. I was told years afterwards that they were hired by a gambling rival of my father's, who lost really badly to him a week prior, and claimed foul play. My father may have had gambling as a vice, what man doesn't have his vices, but he was no cheater. That, of course, meant nothing to a man who's "honor was lost". He was a slime ball, who lived off his father's money and who never learned to take responsibility for his actions. This would be his down fall, as he refused to pay the thugs (or their friends, to be specific) for their service when he found out they hadn't finished the job, and they strung him up by his entrails.

This did little for my loss, though. I remember them cackling outside our home as they goaded my father into coming out to face them. He did, and asked them to please take whatever they wanted, as long as they left his family in peace. This only made them laugh harder. My father was no fighter; he lasted about a minute before the leader had his knife in my father's belly. Everything happened so fast at that point. I remember my brothers rage filled cries as they grabbed the nearest weapon they could get. I remember as my mother grabbed my sister and my hands to throw us in a closet. The killers were too fast though, and they spotted us before my sister could join me in hiding.

I....I remember what happened next...vividly. It is an image that is burned into my memory, and will never go away. They...they grabbed my mother and sister and threw them to the ground. They had to kick the bodies of my dead brothers out of the way to make room. My mother fought back, yelling for them to let my sister go. A pair of knives through her hands kept her from struggling, and when they tired of her begging screams, a knife through her throat took care of that. They didn't need her alive for their fun, anyway.

My sister...she didn't even struggle. She just laid there, tears streaming from her glazed over eyes. My beloved sister's beautiful eyes were replaced by the dead stare of someone who had given up. I couldn't keep my voice down for long. I remember the terrified look in my sister's eyes when the gang heard me whimpering. But as they approached my hiding spot, it wasn't just sadness I felt. There was also cold, unbridled, blinding rage.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Memory Log #2 (Part Two)

For the longest time, I blocked out what happened next. It wasn't until...an incident four years ago that the memories came back like a torrent. One of them dragged me out of my hiding spot and lifted me in the air like a rag doll, asking the others "what do we do with this one?"

"What, the teenager wasn't young enough for you, you sick fuck?" Another of them laughed.

"Man, fuck you!" The man holding me yelled, but the look in his eyes said he wasn't too offended. He then looked at my enraged face, and his smile widened. "Wow, this little bitch sure is pissed! Whatz wong, miss your mommy and daddy already. Upset about your slut of a sister?" He placed me down unusually gently, and pulled out a large combat knife. He slowly ran the tip across my chest, my neck, and my cheeks. He then chuckled, and placed the knife into my hand. "Go ahead," he said, "take your revenge. Come on, run me through. Come on.....COME ON! Oh, wait, I'll make it easier for you."

He then sat down with his back to me. Four of his friend were laughing hysterically, while the leader said, "You need to stop fucking around like that. One of these days, you're going to find..." He fell silent, the horrified look on his face spreading to the other thugs at the sight of the first thug's knife poking through his neck, his blood spilling across his chest. The second thug rushed forward, hitting me with the back on his fist hard enough to send me flying. As I tried to get the stars out of my eyes, he checked on his wounded friend in a panic. I was stricken with the horrified realization of what I had just done, but that lasted only a moment when I realized I had landed near the body of my violated mother.

"Oh god, man, don't do this to me," yelled the second thug, tears streaming down his face. "It won't stop bleeding. Oh god, Wěi, come on, don't do this. Wěi? Wěi! No, no, nonononono!"

"Lěi, is he..." a third thug asked, stepping forward slightly.

"He's dead! THAT LITTLE FUCKING BITCH MURDERED MY BROTHER! Come here, you little...where is she? Where did she go?!"

The group looked around, but couldn't see me, hidden behind a small dresser, my small size working in my favor. The second thug pulled out a matching knife to his brother's, while the third and fourth pulled out a handgun. The fifth pulled out an Uzi, and leader pulled out a simple switch blade. When they couldn't find me right away, the leader motioned for the second and fourth thug to check the back door, while he headed for the front, likely assuming I had run away. The moment the two remaining killers turned their backs to me, I made my move, no hesitation. I ran forward, scooping up a gardener's sickle from one of my brother's hands, and launched it, catching the fifth thug in the belly as he turned around. Before the third thug could react, I reached him, snatching the gun from his hand. Luckily, he had already removed the safety, and I fired three times, the recoil causing me to shoot higher each time, hitting him in the chest, the throat, and the face. He slumped down to his knees, dying upright. Hearing a pained moan, I ran to the fifth thug, pulling the sickle from his stomach and driving it into his chest. I then yanked it out, and drove it in again. And again. And again. I don't know how many strikes it took to kill him, but I doubt it was the seven or eight strikes I delivered before the second and fourth thugs ran into the room.

I grabbed the Uzi and unloaded it towards them. They ducked away, though with my aim, I probably wouldn't have hit them unless they were right in front of me anyway. The point is, they took their eyes off of me. "Where did she go now?" One asked angrily as the they slowly walked into the room. "This can't be happening. She's, like, five or six. This is like some horror movie. She's a little demon that's come to punish us!"

"Shut your fucking mouth, you retard," The other one snapped. "She's just a little bitch that got lucky! And she's not getting out of here alive. I'm going to enjoy watching the life drain from her eyes." As they made their way towards me, hidden behind the upright thug, I looked down at the body of my first victim laying at my feet, his knife still stuck in his throat. I could feel my hands start to shake violently, and had to force myself to look at my dead brothers to keep me going. Knowing that I had to risk letting them get close if I wanted to hit them, I waited until the last minute to jump out of my hiding spot to fire the remaining shots from the handgun. To my surprise, the two thugs jumped at me. I was able to hit one in the forehead. and the other in the hand, causing him to drop his knife, but he knocked the gun from my hands and grabbed me by the neck, lifting me in the air and wrapping his hands around my throat. He let out a sadistic laugh as I struggled to breath, clenching at his arms with one hand while reaching down with my other hand."Are you scared?" He laughed, squeezing my throat just enough to keep me in constant pain without knocking me out. "I'm gonna make you suffer. I'm gonna take my time with you. You'll be begging me for death. That's what you deserve for what you did to..." He looked down at his brother, suddenly realizing the knife was no longer in his throat. As he turned to look at me, I saw the panic in his face when he saw the smile on mine, and I took him out the same way I killed his brother.

I hit the floor hard, and struggled to catch my breath. I swift kick to the ribs sent me rolling. Exhausted, physically, mentally, and emotionally, I weakly looked up at the livid face of the leader of the gang. Without a word, he walked over to me, lifted me by my arm, and punched my in the stomach, causing me to vomit violently. He then tossed me across the room, and I slammed into a chair, causing it to break. I coughed up blood, several of my ribs broken. Seeing that I had landed next to a handgun, I grabbed it and pointed it him. He looked panicked for a moment, but then laughed hysterically at the horrified look on my face, pulling his switch blade out and slowly walking towards me. As he reached me, he knelt down, seeming to relish in his power over me. "Maybe if you were a little smarter, you would have saved a shot, or at least paid attention to how many shots you fired."

I quickly lifted the gun and fired, hitting him point-blank in the chest. As he fell back, struggling to breath as he coughed up blood, I dropped the gun and picked up a sickle, and walked to his side. He gave me a questioning look, and I told him, "I did pay attention. That's why I picked up this gun, not the one over there." He gave me a pleading look, his pathetic, tear-filled eyes causing me to hesitate for a moment.....

.....before I finally drove the sickle into his throat.

BMPixy

[Same message as previous logs applies here.]

Limited Biographical Information In Use. To change this, go to the Options menu!
Name: Leon Ensslin
Internal X-COM Rank: Trainee
Height: 1.91m (6' 3”)
Weight: 90 kg (198 lb)
Nationality: German

It has been almost....calming, these past few days. Certainly, the mood is tainted a fair bit nihilistic, and from what I heard there was a commotion in the mess hall. But such matters have not involved me, and so I have been able to set into some form of a routine. Wake up, break my fast with the ‘meals’ they serve us, head to the range and practice on the paper alien targets for the newest breed for a few hours, train in the gym, then set myself up in whatever lofty location I can find and write my studies on the alien tactics. Such lack of responsibilities, while strange to one such as I, is having a therapeutic effect on me. All that pent up stress from managing the supplies and equipment of an entire platoon with the ‘help’ of an incompetent subordinate who did not deserve his measly rank of Oberfeldwebel is....just...flowing...out.

Oh by the Kaiser’s crown, Prager is the new quartermaster. May whatever god we killed have posthumous mercy on them. Knowing him, he has likely requisitioned four hundred kilograms of flower-patterned socks instead of a much smaller amount of the standard issue ones. Maybe I can put in a request that all paperwork regarding my platoon be forwarded here. No, no, you trained him as well as you could Leon. You are going to be fighting the alien hordes in due time, take the time to train and study, help out here and there, but you. Deserve. This. Even if your comrades don’t.

Anyways, tomorrow I will take care of the psychologist’s homework, starting from when all my troubles began. As always, servants of the Scourges place themselves in positions of influence to screw with the fate of those who wish only to serve the greater Germany. But, until then, I bid myself goodbye.

-End recording.-

SkyFox

Journal entry #2 from: Evan Royce

This is my second Journal entry long time no see.
Still haven't heard of the commander Odd and the line of people is getting smaller...
To bad that is at the cost of 2 soldiers lives, but I guess that is why we had to do the pledge.
you never know if you will return home to your friends at the base and to your family.
I want to pay my respect and condolences to the family and friends of: Space paddy and Presariov.
It is sad that they had to go this way but I'm sure they wouldn't want to go any other way then fighting them stupid aliens!
Well time for some personal stuff...
The other day I was sitting on my bed while I was thinking what if this thing doesn't end.
what if the aliens are with so many that we cant fight them, or worst that they are stronger then us and will conquer the world...
Well thankfully Mr. Odd knows how to keep up the spirits from the soldiers!
I heard that they are making some changes down under the barracks, its a bit noisy at times but I'm getting used to it already!
also the heroes that go on ''field trips'' take much more and advanced equipment with them, I hope that will protect them a bit better.
Still haven't made a lot of friends... I talk to some people now and then but there in nobody that I really opened up to.

well I guess that is all that I had to say.

Greetings from E. Royce

Cheesypower

Name: Big Farmer

Current Rank: Rookie
Kills since joining XCOM: 0
Total Missions: 0

Been a while since I wrote one of these. I think I'm settling in nicely, all things considered. Met that one Dutch guy, Daniel Oudwater, when he came up to me and asked if I wanted to play basketball with him. Can't remember the last time someone's willingly challenged the seven-foot guy to a game of hoops. I was understandably rusty, so the game ended as a tie, but neither of us was really focused on the game. He's a great guy, the type who gets that there's a time for work and a time for play.

My roommates are a... colorful bunch. Colin's a german officer, and the most level-headed of the bunch. He seems to take things in stride, and he's definitely got experience. He and Daniel would probably get along swimmingly.
Aaron's the opposite end of the scale. He's very... intense, like he constantly needs to be doing something. Got into a bit of trouble when he challenged one of the girls on base to a sword-sparring match; from what I've heard of what happened, he must have triggered some suppressed memories of hers by accident. He's an alright guy, but hopefully he knows how to dial it down a bit.
John Cooper... I'm not sure what to think of him. He used to be an arms dealer, so... we may well have been at odds before. ...might have gotten some of my kids killed. ...I hope not. For his sake.
Then there's Axton, says he's a bounty hunter, a tech support guy named Stevie Steve... Don't know too much about either of them. Still, they're decent enough guys, and I've had stranger bedfellows.

We actually had an impromptu game of paintball when we first got together. Paintball's not really my favorite, but I still had fun, and more importantly, they all had fun. It's good bonding time, and I might even learn to enjoy paintball... Especially if I get the chance to tackle somebody in a match. They don't know what they started when they agreed to 'contact' paintball...

On another note, I've noticed one of the few women on base - Anna Stone, I think? - and more importantly, how she acts around the men on base. Oh, she doesn't say anything with words, but her body language speaks volumes. Every time she sees the other recruits goofing off, her expression tightens, her back stiffens, her left arm twitches toward her hip... Both her and the other girl she always hangs out with whose name I can't think of - anyway, they both seem rather standoffish towards the rest of the soldiers, but she acts downright disapproving of the other's behavior. Unfortunately, I've seen this kind of behavior very regularly among the greenies who are still wet behind the ears when it comes to soldiering. I need to have a good talk with her before things get any worse.

...I'll be heading out soon. Guess Poppa's finally getting into the fray. Heh. Makes me think of Lil' Pain, the kid who solidified my nickname for me. Everyone called him Lil' Pain both as a play on the fact that he talked like Lil' Wayne, and the fact that he could be a real pain when he felt like it. Plus, he was the shortest guy in his unit...
Anyway, he and his squad were hunkered down in my safe house out in India, waiting for the word to come down for them to move out. I'd started getting called Poppa for a while, but this time... They had this rookie with them, shiny uniform and everything. One of the guys asked me something, called me Poppa when he did, and the rookie asked why everyone called me Poppa. I was about to say something when Lil' Pain blurts out... how'd he say it... "'cause yah fuck wit' him, he Poppa cap in yo' ass." The whole unit roared with laughter, and none of my kids will call me anything but Poppa once they hear that story.

I better prep for the next mission. I think I'm up next. "Poppa" out.

Majora098

Please Select Log: Log 4: I kinda feel guilty for recording this

BEGINNING LOG

Name: John Eddings
Rank Trainee
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 157 lb

BEGIN RECORDING

[The scene shows what appears to be a party, a groan is heard as the camera focuses on a group of males who are very much enjoying their drink, one of whom drunkenly lurches to the center of attention and shouts something that might have made sense if it wasn't so horribly slurred, as he comes into focus he is outlined and an area of the screen next to him blurs, then flickers]

John's voice is heard from behind the camera, he is speaking quietly "It's not my fault you don't know their names" The screen flickers again, this time the entire screen, "OK, It is somewhat slightly a fault of mine, but can you not just obtain the required Data from X-COM's server?"John begins walking towards a secluded corner, while text appears on the screen "TOO SECURE" "What do you mean too secure, you hack into the NSA... For fun!" "TOO SECURE. NEED TIME" "Well How much time" "APX 446760:36:11" "That'd over a year!" "VERY GOOD" "Oh shut up"

The Camera turns to revel Anna and Ayame, they're outlined and a HUD appears above each of their heads, showing name, height, and approximate emotional status, John begins to walk towards them but stops, he mutters, "Hmm better not...that looks private" Instead he veers off and sits in a chair in a corner, pulls a book out of his pants pocket, and, setting down the camera on a nearby table, begins to read.

[About thirty minutes later his head shoots up and he looks somewhere out of frame, absently he reaches over and picks up the camera. He turns it towards where Anna and Ayame are sitting, revealing that Anna has moved to sit next to Ayame. Despite the distance between the camera and the pair of girls, quiet sobbing can be heard as if it were right next to the microphone, followed by a mumbled ""Stupid, stupid, I'm so....why, of course, why would I think, so stupid, I'm....I'm so, so stupid..." Anna tries to reach out but Ayame jerks back violently, and her chairs falls down and she smacks her head hard against the floor, at this point John gets up and quickly begins to move towards the scene, he stops when Ayame quickly gets up, and stumbles out of the room.]

The dead silence is broken when someone asks "Is she alright?" Anna responds, "She just had to much to drink." John turns the camera to look at the table, giving a suspicious grunt when he notes that there is a lack of alcoholic beverages, He mumbles to himself, "She must have told her." The camera turns towards the exit before cutting
/
John is walking down a random hallway, following the sound of racking sobs. He turns the corner and find Ayame curled in a ball on the other end, as normal a HUD appears over her head, "No duh, she's despairing" "DOING JOB" "Whatever"

Slowly he walks over to her, putting down the camera and kneeing down in front of her, his face concerned, Ayame doesn't react, instead continuing muttering stupid in Mandarin repeatedly in between gasping breaths. Tentatively he reaches out to touch her knee, "Can you hear me?" She looks up, her eyes unfocused and her face agonized, text appears on the screen "AUTOMATIC TRANSLATOR ENGAGED" "I'm so stupid, so, so, stupid, what was I... I... Stupid Stupid Stupid..." she continues on for several seconds before John interrupts, surprisingly also in Mandarin "You weren't stupid, what you did was very brave, certainly something I never managed to do, Nina had to guide me step by step to even ask her out." Her eyes focus somewhat and her breathing calms a little, "But now she will hate me, she will think me creepy and sick, and she will not want to be my friend, or anything else... I cannot bear it. I...I cannot... It was so stupid, stupid, why was I so..." She quickly returns to panicking, John face is sympathetic and he move to hug her, thinks better of it, and instead opts to sit beside her

"How do you know that she will hate you now", She looks at him, her eyes still somewhat distant "Because... I messed it up, now we cannot ever be just friends, I screwed up and ruined it for the both of us and now she will hate me." She starts to deteriorate again, but John interrupts, "Yes, but how do you know that, you did not stay to see her true reaction, you need to go talk to her now that she has had sometime to process that her best friend is in love with her."

"I could not bare it, I have ruined our friendship, she will not..." She is cut off by John, his voice is firm but kind, "Stop that, the truth is that you do not know, and that is that. You're judging all this by her initial reaction. Trust me, I know far better than anyone that you should never judge something by that" That seems to finally shock her out of her despair, and she nods meekly, "What should I do then." "Talk to her, work things out, you two are inseparable and I doubt even this could make any real dent in that."

She nods again, and the two sit in silence, eventually John adds, "On the bright side, you seems to have gotten over your fear of men."

She jumps, and she stares at him as just now noticing who she was talking to. She make to get up but stops,leaning back against the wall she is silent for a while, "Why did you help me?" She says in English

John looks at her, "Because, you and Anna are the only people who I have really gotten to know. I consider you a friend, and I will do anything to help a friend." Her eyes widen somewhat at the open declaration of trust, "And why you not having trouble talking?" He shrugs "I'm not really nervous" She nods, and this time actually stands up "I go now, good bye"

"Bye" He watches her walk off, before picking the camera, "NICELY DONE"

END RECORDING

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
From the Personal Recorder of *Ayame Kasagi*

The screen is blank from the lack of power, but the sounds of someone walking down a hallway can be heard. The movement stops, and there is a solid minute of silence before the sound of a door opening is heard.

"Ayame!" Anna Stone is heard shouting in Russian. "Oh god, are you okay? Please, come here. Are you alright? Here, I'll take care of that." A few moments later, the picture comes on as the camera is plugged in. Anna rushes over to a solemn looking Ayame, her eyes towards the floor. Anna takes Ayame by the hand and leads her to a chair, which Ayame sits in. Anna fetches a small first aid kit, and examines the back of Ayame's head. Ayame winces slightly. After several minutes of silence, Anna stops moving, and Ayame feels drops of water hitting her head. She turns to find Anna crying, a pained, despaired look on her face. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Ayame starts crying herself, and says between sobs, "Its all my fault. I should have said something. And I should have known you wouldn't...that you couldn't." She places her hands over her eyes and sobs loudly. Anna reaches down towards Ayame, but hesitates from a moment. Then, violently shaking her head, she kneels down and wraps her arms around Ayame. Ayame returns her embrace, and the two stay this way for several minutes, their sobs eventually quieting.

"You...you know," Anna says, pulling away and wiping tears from Ayame's face, "If this is who you are, then I completely accept it. You were Ayame before now, and you are the same Ayame now. I only reacted with such surprise because I didn't know you felt that way about me."

Ayame smiles, wiping a tear from Anna's face. "I know. I'm sorry, I realize now that I reacted too harshly. All the time we've been together, and I still assumed the worse from you without giving you a chance to explain yourself. It was...disgraceful."

"Its okay. I'm the one who needs to apologize." Anna stands up and sits on her bed, a shamed look on her face. "Two years, and I never knew. Even if you didn't say it outright, looking back, there were so many signs. I'm your friend, you shouldn't have had to tell me."

"So, you...you don't think...I'm..."

"Stop those thoughts right now," Anna says, motioning for Ayame to join her. Ayame sits next to her, and Anna pulls her closer, placing Ayame's head on her lap and stroking her hair. "I already told you, you're Ayame, and nothing will change that. I'm...just sorry that I...don't..."

Ayame smiles, closing her eyes and saying "It doesn't matter."

"What do you mean."

"What matters is that I have your friendship, even if it is only platonic. True love...to truly love someone is to want to see them truly happy, whether it is with you or in the arms of another. Just know that I love you, but the last thing I'd want is for my love to hold you back."

The two sit is silence for several more seconds, Anna stroking Ayame's hair. "Can I ask you," Anna says cautiously, "when did you find that you were..."

Ayame sits up, thinking for a moment. "I'm not sure. I never cared much for boys growing up, but I thought that was just because they were all horrible to me, so I guess I knew when I was about fifteen."

"And me?"

Ayame chuckles, saying, "About a year, I'd say."

Anna smiles, saying "So where do we go from here?"

Ayame thinks, and responds, "Um, how about we just continue like we were before, just with a renewed appreciation for one another?"

Anna nods, saying, "Sounds good."

"We mentioned asking Persephone to bunk with us. How about we go find her now?"

"Okay. How about you check the west side of the base, I'll check the east, and we'll meet in the middle."

Ayame nods and heads out the door. Anna lets out a sigh of relief and heads out herself. She stops when she notices the camera is on, and walks over to turn it off.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Security Footage #389389-218218
X-COM Office of Requisitions

A very bored man sits behind the desk, reading a copy of Homer's Iliad. In walks Persephone Brown. She has a distressed look on her face, but patiently stands before the clerk. He simply sits there, never looking up from his book as he grabs a chip from a bag. Persephone clears her throat, and the clerk rolls his eyes, putting down his book and and saying, "Can I help you, miss?" in a bored, monotone voice.

"I sure hope so," Persephone says, folding her arms. "I need a new room...please."

With a groan and another eye-roll, the clerk shifts to the right, asking "Whats your name?"

"Persephone Brown."

He raises an eyebrow, looking at her as though waiting for her to say a different name, but when she is silent, he types on a keyboard, obviously in no hurry. Persephone taps her foot rapidly, starting to lose her patience with the uncaring man. "It says here you've had a room for over a month," the clerk says in the same bored voice, "why are you coming here now?"

"There was a mix up, and I wasn't here for the first half of the month, and when I got here, I found I was bunked with three guys. Do you have any idea what it's like to be a teenage girl having to sleep next to a bunch of loud, smelly, manner-less men? I don't think you do."

"This is a military installation, not a college dormitory." He continues typing on the computer, not looking at Persephone as he talks to her. "You can't just change your room willy-nilly, and we're under no obligation to secure you a room just because you're a woman, especially with such a low number of female recruits. If you wanted more control over your room assignment, you should have been here from the beginning."

"That...that's bullshit, and you know it!" Persephone yells, finally losing her cool. "I knew I'd have to deal with the male-majority thing when I joined the military, but now I have to suffer because a mistake you guys made? And could you be any more apathetic? You're telling me there is nothing you can do?"

With another groan, the clerk hits a few more keys, and a sheet of paper prints out. He places it in front of himself, and writes on it for several seconds, again in no hurry. He pushes it forward, saying. "There is only one room on base with only women. Take this and have at least one of them sign here, and we can start filling out your transfer papers."

Persephone takes the paper, looking it up and down. "Thank you," she says, "but they can be anywhere on this huge base. I mean, if they're not in their room, can I fill out the paperwork first?"

"No," the clerk says flatly, picking up his book. "I need to see a signature first, so get to it if you want to get out of the room with your "manner-less" roommates tonight."

"Do you have a pen?" Persephone jumps, spinning around to find Ayame standing behind her. Ayame reaches out, and Persephone hands her the paper. She grabs a pen, signs it, and hands it to the clerk. With a frustrated look, he puts his book back down, takes the paper, and starts typing. Ayame turns to Persephone again, smiling and extending her hand, saying, "Ayame. Kasagi Ayame."

"Um, Persephone Brown." Persephone shakes Ayame's hand with a nervous smile.

"You have a very beautiful name. A very pretty hair."

Persephone laughs nervously, saying "Thanks. I, uh, guess we're roommates now."

"Yes, I can't wait until you meet Anna," Ayame responds, her smile widening.

"All right," the clerk says, plopping a stack of papers in front of him and placing a pen on top, "fill these out, and you'll be set. I suggest you get to work." With that, he picks up his book and turns away, obviously not wanting to be disturbed any further.

Persephone groans as she takes the stack over to a desk. "Well, Ayame, I'd love to get to know you, but it looks like I'll be here for a while."

"Do you want me to keep you company?" Ayame asks.

"No, that's okay. But I appreciate the offer. And thank you for your help."

Ayame nods and takes her leave, and Persephone gets to work.

Brycart

Security Video #46598-478574

Soldier Barracks, Corridor 5-B

Joel Freeman walks down the hall, quickly scanning all of the doors' numbers as he passes them. Eventually he stops in front of one and walks up to it. He knocks several times, waits a moment, and then the door opens. Anna Stone stands in the frame. "Yes?" she greets him with a look of uncertainty.

"Hi, I'm..."

"Joel?" Ayame Kasagi's voice calls from inside the room. After a moment she appears next to Anna. "Do you mind if we talk alone?" she asks Anna as she steps out. Anna nods and backs into the room, closing the door.

Ayame and Joel stand awkwardly for a minute; she crosses her arms. Joel starts, "I'm..."

"Apologizing?"

"An idiot," he corrects. "I never should have asked you to spar with me. I should have known something like that would happen. I just wanted to say..." he looks towards the ground. "I was gonna tell you... what I mean is..."

Ayame puts a hand on his shoulder. He looks, shocked, and silences. "We're okay, Joel." He closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and slowly lets it out.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" she gives him a signal to wait and opens her door, stepping back into her room. Joel seems confused and attempts to look into the room. After a few seconds, she appears again, holding Joel's knife. His face darkens at the sight of it. "I believe this is yours," she smiles. He hesitates for a moment, and then slowly takes it from her.

Ayame watches him as he calmly looks it over. He feels the blade for a moment and then flips it a couple times. "Thanks," Joel catches it by the bladed end and holds it out to Ayame, "but no thanks."

"Um..." she lifts an eyebrow.

Joel holds it out further. "You keep it."

Ayame is confused, but takes the knife from him. "Why don't you want it?" she asks as she looks over the blade.

Joel sighs, "Let's just say it's a part of the past I'd rather forget." Ayame looks at him in silence for a few seconds, and then nods. "And, just so we're straight... about that fight..." he smiles, "I was winning."

Ayame rolls her eyes, "I let you go."

Joel laughs and shakes his head, "Goodbye, Ayame." He turns and begins to walk away.

"Goodbye, Joel." she whispers, as she stares at the knife, and walks back into her room.

Dahlexpert

Name: Axton Van Dam

Will for the last few days iv been worried about my bunk mate Colien,why because the next place were going to is Germany his home country, were his family is,I no I shouldn't worry but he's my only friend on this base,hell he's my only friend on this planet and I can't help but worry about him,I just hop that if he goes or he doesn't go he doesn't loos his shit when he gets there or not.

Off topic,my sister some how seeded me my old bounty hunting weapons,now the only problem is trying to put them together,since i'm not an engineer I don't have clearance to the engineering room,hum maybe I can ask Anna if she can help me with this, I no she doesn't trust me but maybe she can help me with this one thing.

Sharkdragon96

Name: Persephone
Date: 4/4/15
Current rank: Recruit
Mission: Off duty

Well today was quite eventful.

While the debate about friends raged on in my head I knew one thing was certain, I needed to find a new bunk ASAP! I'd been sharing this one bunk with three other guys for the first half of the month and while they hadn't tried anything morally questionable with me yet I still don't feel very safe around them, believe me I know their type, and I've heard too many stories about sexual assault in the armed forces to want to start getting friendly with these people. I got into a squabble with one of the guys at the main desk who started giving me trouble when I asked him if I could have my bunk changed. He said something like "This is a military installation, not a college dormitory." Yeah! All the more reason to help keep one of the only four girls here away from men with very high libidos who are practically a mile below the nearest alternative source they could stick their... *pencil breaks*

[PB] "DAMNIT!"

Persephone leans off the side of her bunk and taps Ayame on the shoulder.

[PB] "Hey, I'm really sorry to wake you, but do you still have that pen on you?"

[AK] "Hang on!"

Ayame hands the pen up to her.

[PB] "Thank you!"

[AK] "You're welcome."

Where was I? Oh yeah! Anyway the man at the desk finally gave in and handed me a slip of paper saying I could be moved to this other bunk room that was only occupied by female soldiers if I could find one of them and get them to sign the paper. Unfortunately considering the fact that this place is so huge I had no idea where any of them were at the time, but as if she were mana from heaven a short haired asian girl named Ayame Kasagi appeared as if out of no where and offered to fill out the form for me. We both went our separate ways afterwards but when we met up again around 2200 hours she and I along with her russian friend, Anna stayed up and discussed our experiences at X-COM thus far, and what we thought when we first realized we were fighting aliens (yes I've finally excepted that particular fact now). I'm still on the fences on whether or not I'm ready to have a truly close friendship with these two, but I've taken comfort in the fact that at least there are people here who have my back.

Captn

Name: The Captn
Total Kills Since Joining X-Com: 0

Second Journal entry.

I met a few people now. I'm surrounded by marines, mercenaries, special forces people.. Looks like everyone here has some kind of military background. Well, everyone but me and that Big Farmer guy, who was, I guess, a farmer. I don't know.

Me, I've killed some people when I was a seaman. Mostly somalian pirates and other scum who had it coming, no doubt. But it's been a while, so I went to XCOM's training facilities. The supervisor there explained everything to me and gave me an assault rifle. When I held it in my hands, those memories I had tried so hard to repress came back to me. My childhood in an orphanage. Me as a naïve 18 year old hoping for a better life at sea. My mentor and friend being shot in front of me. Me getting revenge for his death and the first time I killed someone.

I realized I my hands were shaking... I wouldn't hit anything that way, so I got out before anyone could see that something wasn't right.
I went to the memorial and managed to steal a bottle of whiskey. If nobody finds out, no harm done, right? A few shots later and I was good to go.. The supervisor was impressed with my shooting skills. He told me that Commander Odd was planning on getting the best recruits to the main squad and that I had good chances if I kept shooting like that.

This demanded a celebration, so here I am, and the bottle is almost empty. I'm hoping that those memories aren't going to haunt me in my sleep if I'm drunk enough.

Captn Out

Zain Shah

Sergeant Zain "BrownNose" Shah
Missions- 4
Kills- 8
Support
Current Status- Active

I didn't get to go on our most recent mission but from what I heard it went smoothly without any wounds. I think I'll be going on the next mission which is somehow related to that new guy Zhang, I don't know about it but I think I might have to go on it because I'm still one of the highest ranking recruits (kinda glad about that). The Commander also gave me a new helmet (guess someone else already asked him for helmets) for more protection but I think its 50% safety and 50% it looks cool. I'm also glad that Zhang is now the unspoken team leader because I could never handle a job like that. The Corporal support Rex Rumbler also gained a promotion and now we're both on the same level but I also think that the girl, Anja, should also go on some missions because she could use a promotion. I still worry that the new recruits are seen as expendables on missions by Commander Odd. I may criticize the Commander from time to time but he is really getting better and he had become a lot better over the past month and I can't believe it has been a month but now that I know that going on missions is only about 10% of the time, I should try to visit the gym more often and it may even improve my performance out on the field, well I guess I'll write again after mission unless I'm killed in a horrible, fiery explosions but lets keep fingers crossed.

Majora098

(OOC): Written with collaboration of Zombiesplitter53

Please select log: Log 5: :D

BEGINNING LOG

Name: John Eddings
Rank Trainee
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 157 lb

BEGIN LOG

Once again John is sitting alone at a table in the cafeteria, he looks less nervous than usual, and his eyes are tracking something out of frame, "REVEAL MYSELF?" John looks started at the camera, "What? No... not yet." "WHY NOT?" "You mean besides the fact that your Top Secret, technically don't exist, and the most advanced Personality construct currently created, which means your the closest to Artificial Intelligence the Human Race has ever been, and thus one of the most valuable pieces of equipment ever created?" "YES." "Hush up, Ayame's coming."

[Ayame appears on screen and sits next to John, the hesitation she has previously displayed is all but non-existent, and she is in fact smiling, as usual a HUD appears above her head. Before John can get a word out she begins talking]

"As a child, I never really grew attached to any of my brothers. I was young and they were all so much older then me that I spent most of my time with my sister. However, there was Honda, who was nine years older then me and the only other child my father was able to convince my mother to give a Japanese name to. As I said we weren't close, and he acted the same as my other brothers for the most point, doing "boy things" and ignoring my sister and I unless he wanted to pick on us."

"There were times, though, when he was...different, lets say. Times when he would spontaneously give me a piece of candy he was saving or give my sister and I some fruit without asking for anything in return. Times when he'd try and do my work for me, claiming I was doing it too slow. There were even times when he'd even stand up for when he felt my other brothers were being too pushy, and they were both bigger and stronger then him."

"He was...a good brother, and as good a male role model as my father, maybe even more so, and it wasn't until he was gone, and I had to deal with one jackass after the next that I realized I had missed out. So I swore to myself that, if I ever find someone like him again, if I am ever able to rummage through all the chauvinistic filth and find a man who is someone as caring as Honda, I won't let that opportunity slip by again. Do you understand what I mean?"

[John looks a bit shocked for a few seconds, before he smiles as well. "I do, and your welcome." He pauses, looking as if he is deciding something, he then nods sightly, before launching a bit into his own backstory"]

"I'm sure you've noticed my intelligence by now, it was always an issue growing up. Kids are cruel, and most people instinctively do not like someone who is quantifiably better than them, those two elements combined into a horrible childhood socially. Everyone shunned me, repulsed by a vocabulary several grade levels above their own and a tendency to figure things out before I was even told, Everyone except Nina, happy social, unrestrained, impulsive, not the brightest, but dedicated, she was everything I was not,and vis-versa. She had been my friend since we were little, and our relationship was as much symbiotic as it was platonic, I help her with Academics, and she was my life line in events with more than 2 people. She always pushed me to do stuff, and I kept her schemes within the realm of possibility."

"It was around High School when I realized I felt for her, but my social anxieties caught up with me in a situation where she would be unable to help, and I was never able to work up the courage to ask her out, and I watched with flip-floping despair and hope as she quite literally bulldozed through the hearts of every other boy in school, whenever I asked why she never stayed with a guy for more than a few weeks she would always look very pointedly at me and say 'I guess I'm just waiting for the right guy.' How I managed to miss that I still don't know. Around the beginning of Junior year, She finally got fed up with subtlety and quite literally locked me in her room, sat on me and told exactly how she felt about me, and then refused to get up until I asked her out...without a shirt on... it still took me an hour. I felt a great deal of satisfaction that I was the first boy that she was with for more than a month and we just kept going, until a year after I finished collage, when we were married."

He begins to tear up and his voice comes out choked "She's in a coma, has been for years. Doctors say it could go on indefinably, that I should give up, it'd be better for her, but how can I take from her the thing she loves most, and in doing so doing the same to myself. And there's always that hope..."

Ayame looks at him with a new found sympathy, and she places her hand on his shoulder, he nods, and taking a few moments to compose himself he speaks up again, "If you need even more reassurance that you can trust me, then here it is, It doesn't matter if I grow old at her bedside, I will never betray her." These final word have such certitude behind that it impossible not to believe him. Ayame looks on him with even more respect. Their is a silence for awhile, before John speaks up again, "So how did your talk with Anna go?"

Ayame looks up, surprised out of her own thoughts, and it takes her a moment to process what he said, when she does she smiles brilliantly, replying, "It was very good, we worked it out very well" John smiles as well, "That's great" then perceptive as always, he adds "She might come around to that way of thinking eventually now that she's aware, just give her time, if not, than nothing's different" Ayame blushes slightly, "Thank you" She adds in a quiet voice.

John looks at her for a moment "Your knowledge of the English language is improving dramatically, If you ever need assistance continuing your education, you can always request to me for it." Ayame looks at him a bit confused, struggling slightly with the the big words, before nodding, "Thank you, I know the basics very well now, but you could still help with more complex things." John nods.

Noticing that they both have finished eating, they bid each other goodbye, as John picks up his camera and walks out, text appears on the screen "SHE'S NICE" "She is, isn't she. She's certainly a lot better when you get to know her." "SOUNDS FAMILIAR" John stops looking at the camera in slight shock, "Recognition....your leaning..." An ironic smile appears on his face "Very good" "SHUT UP" This causes him to chuckle, "Even more learning, maybe soon will might stop talking in two words." "MEAN IT. SHUT UP." "Alright, Alright"

END RECORDING

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: None (All Deceased) [Update: One Possible]
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Video Log [Translated from Mandarin]

Ayame is seen adjusting her camera. Satisfied, she smiles, saying, "Another applaud-worthy mission. I have to admit, when I first got here, my cold feelings for the men at X-COM left me caring little for their safety, but now that I've grown to respect many of them, even like some of them, I was on the edge of my seat for that last one, and when Jorn missed that last shot, I was more then a little worried. Everything worked out, and I was with the rest of the troops to greet the soldiers when they returned, flashing Jorn a reassuring smile. I doubt he noticed me amongst the crowd, though. Tis the price of my diminutive stature.

"Persephone has joined Anna and I, and I couldn't be happier to have another woman on board. Whats more, I think she's even about my age, which is cool. I'm pretty sure she's American, but I won't hold that against her. She's witty, has long fiery hair, and she's named after one of my favorite figures in Greek Mythology. She seems a bit cold right now, but I'm sure that's only because she doesn't know how attached she should get to others in this war. I'm sure Anna and I will warm up to her in time.

"Speaking of Anna, our talk was....yeah, disastrous would be a good way to describe it, but as far as disasters go, it could have been worse. Anna has accepted my, and that is what is important. I know she feels bad for not returning my affection, but it is not her fault. She can't simply start liking other women anymore then I can simply start liking men. I only hope we can remain as close as we are....ahem, I'll admit, I felt a little awkward asking her if she wanted to hit the showers with me yesterday."

Ayame's face starts to flush, and realizing the implications of what she just said, she grabs the camera, pulling it close to her face and saying, "A-Anna, listen, if you ever see this, I didn't look. How could I, when I was so busy keeping my eye out for any guys who wanted to try any funny business.....of course, when we were alone...no no! I-I-I only, I mean, I might have...peaked once, or twice, or three or four times, but only because you're so beautiful, and I know any guy would by lucky to have someone with such a gorgeous..."

Her face turning beat red, she rapidly starts messing with the camera. The image momentarily cuts out, and when it comes on again, Ayame is chugging a bottle of water, after which she breaths slowly in and out before turning to the camera again. "Anyway, I had a talk with Joel, and it went well, everything resolved in a few words. He even told me I could keep this." Ayame picks up a combat knife, slowly looking it up and down. "You know, I...I took...my first life with a knife like this...I was only seven then. I wonder what story this knife has, what dark part of Joel's past it is tied to. Well, if taking it off his hands will relieve some of his pain, it is the least I can do." She stares intently at it, but after a moment, she appears to be looking past it. "I wonder how my outlook towards men would have differed if I ever received a gift from one growing up that was an attempt to get into my pants. Now, I'm under no delusion that Joel meant this to be a gift, but I choose to see it as one anyway, and shall add it to my collection of meager but meaningful possessions."

Smiling, Ayame grabs her camera, walks over to her bed, and sets the camera down. It faces a small desk with several items on it. To the left sits a framed picture of two Asian girls of similar appearance hugging, one approximately six or seven, the other in her early teens. In front of it is a small handmade doll. In the center is a picture of a young Ayame and a blond girl, both in their mid-teens, with an arm wrapped around eachother's waist. Behind it sits a pair of circular blades, formed from flat metal rings 30 cm in diameter, a quarter of which is wrapped in cloth forming a grip, with five short blades spaced evenly around the outside of the ring in the shape of short wavy flames. Finally, on the right is a picture of Ayame and Anna, Ayame's arms wrapped around Anna's stomach. In front of it sits a small wooden figurine of a bear, standing proudly against opposition. Ayame places the knife in the center, saying "I'll just hold on to this until he decides he wants it back."

Ayame picks up the camera, a big smile on her face. "In the meantime, I know one man that I consider to be my friend, and that's the first time I've said that since.....ever. He has done a lot for me while asking for nothing in return, and that story he told me must have been really hard for him to open up about. I look forward to the day his wife recovers, because with all of that love and adoration radiating off her husband towards her, there is no way she'll stay that way for long. For now, I'll act as a pillar of support for him, just like he has done for me more then once now." Ayame glances at a clock, and seemingly surprised at the time, places the camera back on her table and shuts it off.

*END RECORDING*

Rosen0x5

Name: Rex Rumbler
Current Rank: Sergeant
Mission Name: Lone Smoke
Mission Objective:
- Sweep the the abduction site and identify threats.
- Neutralize all hostile targets.
Kills This Mission: 3
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 7
Journal Entry:

Felt it was about time I used this thing. Left it gathering dust under the bed. Just came back from the mission, took a shower and now I look back on what went down. It was pretty dark, barely anything visible. Farmer, Conan, Zhang, Lemonade and I, were dropped off in a pretty wrecked part of a city. Bodies covored in green sludge, pecked by alien folk. I remember them all too well.

We managed however, snaging about 3 kills myself. Proud to say I managed to kill 2 birds with 1 stone during that. Even tho it almost cost me my life, running in to better position. Now that I recall, it should have been an easy kill for Lemonade. He owes me, and I dont mean a discount on any lemon sale.

The rookie Farmer didnt do much tho, still getting used to things I guess. He will get used to it, everyone does eventually. Saw some people coming out of the armory with new helmets for their suits, sure they look good but anything in between your eyes and your target effects your efficiency, thus I'd rather remain with a clear vision.

Bar is empty as usual, almost never see anyone there except the janitor. Thats that for this journal, Ive packed my monthly pay and am ready to send it to my Papa, he will need it more than me.

Grelite

Name: Shaojie Zhang
Log ID: 070420154001
//RECORDING//
Another successful mission under my lead. This earned me a promotion to Captain and I feel the soldiers of the squad have come to respect me as I have them. As of late I have been doing teamwork exercizes as part of my training sessions. Though some soldiers insist on flaunting their 'skills', most of them take well to co-operative efficiently in the field. With rank, however, comes more paperwork. I have to document the performances of every single trainee and soldier, how well they do, what went wrong, what to improve. Ironically it's these exercises that are keeping me from socializing a lot.

While I do try to talk to people over the meals we have, there is very little time left for recreation. Still, I feel I have to show my dedication to this project, give them a damned good reason for letting me blow up everything out in the field. Despite my busy schedule I have encouraged my fellow soldiers seek me out should they have any X-COM related questions or issues. Hopefully this will stop the staff from getting on my ass about the 'low-ranks' going directly to the higher-ups, I'd call 'em lazy, but they call it protocol.
//STOP//

Status
Not open for further replies.