Starstream Think Tank

ShadowHounder

Are you forgetting Alien colonial marines? Because I don't.
Watch Dogs. Duke Nukem Forever. And , of course, Square's own Final Fantasy XV which was delayed and was still released unfinished.
Colonial Marines was also a scam (first of it's kind). Duke Nukem Forever was a failure to move from 2d to 3d (had nothing to do with the delays) and FFXV came out around the time Square was still extremely greedy for no reason (and was over shadowed by FF14 being an MMO can could actually give WoW a run for it's money).

On the topic of Colonial Marines... Yes I remember the game. I also remember the trailers being completely different (and more complete) than the finished product and the company getting hardcore sued for false advertisement (and acted as one of the primary cases that allowed for laws against false advertisement in it's entirety).

And what are some really good games that had multiple delays? Starcraft 2, Mega Man 10, Blade and Soul (at least before it became p2w), Phantasy Star 2 (which technically still isn't available in NA and EU). If a company or dev teams actually cares about the product... And not the cash, any time they spend on the game is time well spent. If you force them to a exact time crunch... You get situations like Sonic '06, World of Warcraft Warlords of Dreanor/Battle for Azeroth, FF 10 and 13 needing second parts to complete the story, Gamefreak needing to cut the pokedex for the first time in history just so that Sword and Shield could be out by Nintendo and Pokemon Company's deadline.

Point is there is a different between a dev team needing more time because something wasn't working for them and a marketing team trying to delay a project that they know is going to fail.

Dahlexpert

So a question for everyone, we have been here for a long time. Most of us being here since Christapher odds Xcom season 2 RP, that' over seven years god damn. :):p But to my point what is in all that time are our absolute favorite we have done in our roster.

For Example: I love Luke Van Dam. While Luke is the fifth Van dam I've made, I is very different then all the others. Mostly because he didn't have his tribe to guide him and he was razed in the outlads of the ruins of the old world and was originally a scavenger and a ruthless on at that, when he joined XCOM he changed completely while over the years he was changing to be better it was the help of XCOM and the friends he made and Alexis who he eventually married.(And of course have a family.)

Another one being Alice Valentine: I love Alice and the story I made for her, she was originally suppose to be a villein but then changed to more of an anti hero. I Love how Alice was very spiteful of humans because of what was done to her in prison, but then thanks to her sister explaining what the vampire war was really about she then changed to save her race. Now even though she died and that sadden me looking back on it as much as I wanted Alice to live, looking back I can say that Alice was not needed in the end. She won her war, and by that I mean she did loose the battle but her people are out of there prison city which in the end is what she wanted.

These are the key two characters that I love and even though there story's are long over I still think about them, and I ou it all to you lovely people.

Taxor_the_First

See this is both a difficult and really easy question to answer. Main protag? Has to be Samuel. He was the first protagonist I had with a full development arc, start to finish, with other people involved (Isaac takes the mantle of first ever for me, but that was a solo affair minus some critique as it unfolded). He is also the only character of mine that can claim this on this site. Therefore my answer is between Samuel and Samuel - I have no choice.

If we were including characters off-site? It'd be a toss up between Samuel - for a post-LoE story - Holly - his granddaughter, who was involved in the same plot and their development arcs intersected in several spots - and Haya. Yes, Haya. You all only got a few brief peeks at a version of her I adapted for SSA, but there's a lot about her I've liked since her inception. Something about her personality manages to keep me fascinated with her. And I'm fond of her original development: going from "curious daughter of a queen-killer" to "ruin explorer" to "goddess resurrector" to "goddess killer". That plot was a ride. And Haya was a great companion to ride it with.

The entire Inquisition from LoE gets an honourable mention. I miss Terrash and how ludicrously fun he was to play.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So I have DBZ: Kakarot coming out on friday. Cautiously optimistic about that one. Worried it'll be just another arena fighter, but hoping it'll be more.

Kingdom Hearts III ReMind comes out on the 23rd. Will likely still be playing DBZ and the price is a little high for it, plus I have nothing coming out on February so hopefully the price will go down and it can be my February game.

Animal Crossing is at the end of March. So is Doom Eternal with RE3 Remake at the beginning of April but I'll have to wait on both with the new release date of FF7 Remake. So those will likely wait for a price drop too. Other then that, not sure about the rest of the year to be honest. Maybe Marvel's Avengers but that was delayed until late this year.

Over on YouTube I just finished Cosmo Canyon in OG FF7 so I still have a while to go there. Working on the Old Hunters dlc for Bloodborne and cruising through that. Beat one of the hardest bosses in the entire game surprisingly quickly so that probably shaved off an entire episode. Maybe ten more episodes at the most.

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee is close to its end. Just got the eight gym badge so all that is left is maybe two episodes for Victory Road and one or two for the Elite Four. Not sure if I'll bother with post game content. I believe Sonic Forces is my next game on the list. Playing it blind.

Speaking of blind playthroughs, I just finished uploading the last episode of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order yesterday and I'm uploading the first episode in my new blind LP of Dragon Age Inquisition today. Estimating somewhere between 60-80 hour long episodes on that one, likely my longest LP to date.

Have my Bloodborne board game coming some time in April so looking forward to that. Just need to find people to play it with me...

As far as the RP goes, I have a post either tomorrow or Friday and another on Saturday or Sunday so look forward to that y'all. Everyone is doing a great job. Just thought I'd say that for anyone who wanted to know.

Note that my work schedule has shifted again for anyone curious. Back on a 7-3 morning schedule for the next month before going back to my previous schedule.

I think that's all for personal updates... can't think of anything else at the moment.

Black0ut

So a question for everyone, we have been here for a long time. Most of us being here since Christapher odds Xcom season 2 RP, that' over seven years god damn. :):p But to my point what is in all that time are our absolute favorite we have done in our roster.

For Example: I love Luke Van Dam. While Luke is the fifth Van dam I've made, I is very different then all the others. Mostly because he didn't have his tribe to guide him and he was razed in the outlads of the ruins of the old world and was originally a scavenger and a ruthless on at that, when he joined XCOM he changed completely while over the years he was changing to be better it was the help of XCOM and the friends he made and Alexis who he eventually married.(And of course have a family.)

Another one being Alice Valentine: I love Alice and the story I made for her, she was originally suppose to be a villein but then changed to more of an anti hero. I Love how Alice was very spiteful of humans because of what was done to her in prison, but then thanks to her sister explaining what the vampire war was really about she then changed to save her race. Now even though she died and that sadden me looking back on it as much as I wanted Alice to live, looking back I can say that Alice was not needed in the end. She won her war, and by that I mean she did loose the battle but her people are out of there prison city which in the end is what she wanted.

These are the key two characters that I love and even though there story's are long over I still think about them, and I ou it all to you lovely people.

Hmmm... I don't feel as though I've been with you guys to answer this question... but I can give it a shot.

Much like ol' Tax, I have characters off-site I've made and adored. But I'll start with my favorite to write, although I did have to abandon him at the very end: Mark Red Hawk. I loved the way I was able to play around with his personality and make a new archetype to write (I do note that I have a type of character or two that is a safety blanket for me to write as), but also the friendships, and romance, he developed still makes me smile today.

Off-site however, is a tie between my DnD character -Dwarven fighter named Drugard- and a worn-out bartender, who may or not be associated with the mafia, Richard DuPonte.

Drugard is more about funny moments but is traumatized enough that should you look into his history, you wonder why the man is still smiling. That and playing this goofy bastard and making people either sigh or giggle makes my day.

As for Richard... I don't always get to show off my sassiness or quips that might not border on sarcasm and instead border rude, but he is just a lot of fun to write, albeit at the cost of maybe annoying some people.

So yeah... my two cents, despite me being not being as old in terms of membership as you guys.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Colonial Marines was also a scam (first of it's kind). Duke Nukem Forever was a failure to move from 2d to 3d (had nothing to do with the delays) and FFXV came out around the time Square was still extremely greedy for no reason (and was over shadowed by FF14 being an MMO can could actually give WoW a run for it's money).

On the topic of Colonial Marines... Yes I remember the game. I also remember the trailers being completely different (and more complete) than the finished product and the company getting hardcore sued for false advertisement (and acted as one of the primary cases that allowed for laws against false advertisement in it's entirety).

And what are some really good games that had multiple delays? Starcraft 2, Mega Man 10, Blade and Soul (at least before it became p2w), Phantasy Star 2 (which technically still isn't available in NA and EU). If a company or dev teams actually cares about the product... And not the cash, any time they spend on the game is time well spent. If you force them to a exact time crunch... You get situations like Sonic '06, World of Warcraft Warlords of Dreanor/Battle for Azeroth, FF 10 and 13 needing second parts to complete the story, Gamefreak needing to cut the pokedex for the first time in history just so that Sword and Shield could be out by Nintendo and Pokemon Company's deadline.

Point is there is a different between a dev team needing more time because something wasn't working for them and a marketing team trying to delay a project that they know is going to fail.

"Cut the Pokedex for the first time I History"

- Literally Every Pokemon Game at Launch, "Am i joke to you?"

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

My personal favorites? Ammelia was a good bean. I think she came out really well out of all my characters.

Kva and Magdalene were surprising good for me too, mostly because I didn't intend for them to be anyone more thsn background characters at first, but they grew so much more than i forsaw and you all liked them a lot.

Going off the beaten path? Wisp was really fun for those who read Demon Society back in the day.

ShadowHounder

"Cut the Pokedex for the first time I History"

- Literally Every Pokemon Game at Launch, "Am i joke to you?"
There is a different mate lol

Last time I checked, all you had to do to complete the national dex in Diamond and Pearl is beat the game... Not wait until Nintendo releases DLC in an announcement where they confirmed that Sword and Shield 2 (or Pokemon Gun) isn't gonna be a thing this Gen :p

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

There is a different mate lol

Last time I checked, all you had to do to complete the national dex in Diamond and Pearl is beat the game... Not wait until Nintendo releases DLC in an announcement where they confirmed that Sword and Shield 2 (or Pokemon Gun) isn't gonna be a thing this Gen :p

But. All the Pokemon weren't in Diamond and Pearl at release.

Honestly. As a long time follower of competitive Pokemon, this had to happen eventually, even just for balancing reasons.

There were so many Pokemon and so many different tiers of power and so much variance even in those Pokemon. Competitive Pokemon is like rocket science. They really needed to reduce the number of Pokemon at some point.