Starstream Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So I was talking to Frost about this the other day, and I'm interested; what is everybody's top ten videogame female protagonist.

Two rules for this list. One, the person has to play a prominent role in the story. It can be a companion or NPC as long as they aren't some one shot character.

Two, no character that is more known from another media. So no one from a game based on a movie or comic series or anime.

My list, in no particular order, is:
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
Celes Chere (Final Fantasy VI)
Jessica Albert (Dragon Quest VIII)
Jade (Dragon Quest XI)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Samus Aran (Metroid)
Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3)
Rayne (Bloodrayne)
Ayame (Tenchu)

Dahlexpert

Well mine are mostly companions so.

Tali (Mass effect series)
Jack(Mass effect series)
Aela the huntress (Skyrim)
Serana(Skyrim)
Ugh that what I got at the moment cause I don’t wanna copy from zombie.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I don't play enough RPGs to make a definitive list... ._.
Don't have to be from RPGs. Metroid is an exploratory platforming shooting game, Bayonetta is an arcade-style action adventure game, Bloodrayne is a hack and slash vampire/nazi game, and Tenchu is a stealth assassination action game. Only four of my choices were from RPGs.

ShadowHounder

Don't have to be from RPGs. Metroid is an exploratory platforming shooting game, Bayonetta is an arcade-style action adventure game, Bloodrayne is a hack and slash vampire/nazi game, and Tenchu is a stealth assassination action game. Only four of my choices were from RPGs.
let me rephrase, I don't play enough story driven games to make this kind of list (I spend most of my time on League, WoW and Fighting Games... one has it's story separated from the main game, one has very limited selection of female characters [and I don't like most of them], while the last one is known for horrible in game lore)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
let me rephrase, I don't play enough story driven games to make this kind of list (I spend most of my time on League, WoW and Fighting Games... one has it's story separated from the main game, one has very limited selection of female characters [and I don't like most of them], while the last one is known for horrible in game lore)
Ah.

Taxor_the_First

I can't think of enough to fill a full list, but I'll throw a few out. I'll agree with Dahl and say Tali is great, and one of my favourite characters in Mass Effect in general. Also agree with Serana, she's a coolly sassy vampire, albeit with daddy issues. Urbosa from Breath of the Wild is probably my favourite of the champions - though Daruuk will hold a place in my heart as well, get fucked Mipha. I'll also toss out Cynthia from Pokemon, though that's a dubious one considering rule 2. And even then, she's no Guzma.

But, of course, my absolute favourite has to be Samus. Badass, takes no shit (we don't talk about Other M). Has fought the same space-pterodactl so many times that by this point it's nothing to her (we don't talk about Other M). And her suit designs are consistently excellent - the Light Suit remains one of my favourite power armor designs to this day, and it's from a game that came out when the GameCube was still a thing. Maybe that's partially biasing me too; the Prime trilogy number in my favourite games ever list.

Black0ut

So I was talking to Frost about this the other day, and I'm interested; what is everybody's top ten videogame female protagonist.

Two rules for this list. One, the person has to play a prominent role in the story. It can be a companion or NPC as long as they aren't some one shot character.

Two, no character that is more known from another media. So no one from a game based on a movie or comic series or anime.

My list, in no particular order, is:
Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
Celes Chere (Final Fantasy VI)
Jessica Albert (Dragon Quest VIII)
Jade (Dragon Quest XI)
Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Samus Aran (Metroid)
Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3)
Rayne (Bloodrayne)
Ayame (Tenchu)

1.Tali (Mass Effect, BAY FO LIFE)
2.Tifa (Final Fantasy)
3.Samus (Metroid)
4. Velvet Crowe (Tales of Beseria)
5.Bayonetta
6. Sheena Fujibayashi (Tales of Symphonia)
7. Mileena (Mortal Kombat (She technically in the more recent ones has gained a prominent role in the story, starting her own faction what a bad ass) Pallegrina (Pillars of Eternity)
8. Zelda (Ya'll forgot this one on your lists, so Imma fix that and put her on mine.)
9.Jill Valentine (Resident Jiggle sandwitch)
10. Magilou (Tales of Beseria)

Last edited: