Starstream Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So more updates on FF7 Remake under the catagory of "this is why we can't have nice things". I mentioned the leaked demo before. Well, as it turns out, the demo file contained over 70 GB of compressed data, only about 10 of which was for the demo itself, and data miners did their thing and found soooooo many spoilers for the full game, from images to characters to the entire script and, of course, started spreading that shit across the internet.

Two things. First... what the Hell, Square Enix? This isn't new to you. First you let major spoiler leaks for FFXV, then KH3, now this? What is wrong with you? Why did the demo have so much extra data on it? How did it get uploaded in that state to the PSN store in the first place?

Second... fuck you, data miners. If you can't wait and want everything spoiled for you, fine. Whatever. But don't post it on the internet for everyone to see... including people like me who don't want to see it.

And so, for the next two months, I need to tiptoe around the internet avojding any and all spoilers, until I can get my hands on the game. So disappointing. Already saw a spoilery image on accident. Luckily it was for a pre-established character, but still... so disappointing. In the words of one of my favorite Square Enix villains, "Such a pity..."

Black0ut

So more updates on FF7 Remake under the catagory of "this is why we can't have nice things". I mentioned the leaked demo before. Well, as it turns out, the demo file contained over 70 GB of compressed data, only about 10 of which was for the demo itself, and data miners did their thing and found soooooo many spoilers for the full game, from images to characters to the entire script and, of course, started spreading that shit across the internet.

Two things. First... what the Hell, Square Enix? This isn't new to you. First you let major spoiler leaks for FFXV, then KH3, now this? What is wrong with you? Why did the demo have so much extra data on it? How did it get uploaded in that state to the PSN store in the first place?

Second... fuck you, data miners. If you can't wait and want everything spoiled for you, fine. Whatever. But don't post it on the internet for everyone to see... including people like me who don't want to see it.

And so, for the next two months, I need to tiptoe around the internet avojding any and all spoilers, until I can get my hands on the game. So disappointing. Already saw a spoilery image on accident. Luckily it was for a pre-established character, but still... so disappointing. In the words of one of my favorite Square Enix villains, "Such a pity..."
*huggles*

ShadowHounder

It feels weird to see data miners actually get results... I guess that comes with being exclusively a League/WoW fan. League never suffers from spoilers since the story is tied to the website (and the PBE is updated too often for data miners to get "leaks" per say)... While Blizzard has become gods at encrypting the important stuff and only allow data miners the ability to get things they want them to find (a recent example being Thrall's model being found in the 8.3 PTR files... But the Reckoning cinematic [same patch] was encrypted to the point that we knew it existed and it was 5 minutes long). Funny enough, Blizzard actually uses data miners to their advantage more often than not XD

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Sigh... never a good thing without something bad. I was setting up my new tv and, while unplugging everything and moving it upstairs, I... broke my capture device.

So the question is do I replace it with the same thing I had before, my AVerMedia2, or do you guys have a suggestion for a better capture device that isn't too expensive?

Dahlexpert

Sigh... never a good thing without something bad. I was setting up my new tv and, while unplugging everything and moving it upstairs, I... broke my capture device.

So the question is do I replace it with the same thing I had before, my AVerMedia2, or do you guys have a suggestion for a better capture device that isn't too expensive?
Yea I suggest that you just get what you had before it broke.

Black0ut

Let me go holler at Insane.

ShadowHounder

I mean... You can never go wrong with Elcado capture cards (I forgot how to spell the companies name...)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So I got my new capture device. Ended up getting the same one I had before. But something weird is going on. I'm having sound and graphical glitches, and the file sizes are double what they were before. I don't understand why, but I have an hour video I'm struggling to get up with my low internet speed because it is over 24 GBs. I'll try and play with the settings. Hopefully if I turn some things down, like the resolution or something, it'll help with both problems at the same time...