Starstream Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
How's everyone feeling today? I'm okay. Got my sleep machine. My CPAP (Continuous Positive Airflow Pressure) machine for my sleep apnea. The help it gives is currently countered by how hard it is to sleep with, but hopefully I'll get used to it (and hopefully sooner then later). Have some energy now, but that probably has as much to do with the Red Bulls I drank. Wish my wallet, and my diet, would allow me to drink them more often.

Speaking of diet, met with a dietitian. On a low card, high protein diet. It is helping. Lost about 7 lbs. A1C is at 8.2, really high for a diabetic but a vast improvement from the previously ridiculous 10.7.

What else... got a new kitten to help with the pain of losing both my older cats in the span of a year, but I already mentioned that. Um... a little over a month from Pokemon Sword/Shield. And yesterday was Oct. 3rd, or exactly 5 months from the release of FF7 Remake. If you think Frost is singing Code Vein's praises, just wait until that game comes out and, assuming it is as good as it looks so far, I will not shut up about it. Seriously, I am going to fangasm all over you guys... that sounded less dirty in my head somehow... and you guys will have to yell at me to remember collabs throughout March.

Finally, I have plans for a mission to set the main villain, whom I have done a little with, into motion. I know we have been a bit listless so far and I thank you for you patience. I'm currently debating whether the different villains we have (me, Frost, Dahl, and one more soon to be introduced) will be dealt with one at a time or will end up teaming together for eventually one big, final showdown. Which shouldn't be too far off. After all, I did mention at the beginning that this will be a short RP, though I do plan to leave it open after the final battle for additional stories and missions while I work on the next RP (still want to Zombie it up) or work on someone else's RP.

Anyway, TL;DR version:
Feeling okay
CPAP helping
On a new diet
Lost weight and better A1C
New kitty inda house
Almost Pokemon time
5 months til FF7, Yay!
Mission to pit us against main baddy coming soon

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Seriously though, I want to hear how everyone is doing.

Also, anyone see Joker? I was thinking of checking it out this weekend and would like to hear opinions. All I know is critics are meh on it but audiences love it (69% vs. 93% on Rotten Tomatoes).

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Also, anyone see Joker? I was thinking of checking it out this weekend and would like to hear opinions. All I know is critics are meh on it but audiences love it (69% vs. 93% on Rotten Tomatoes).

I like the game? How u kno!? :O

Just finished it yesterday actually, definitely worth that 9/10 I gave it.

Other than thaaat... Hmm... Well, not much has happened for me.

ShadowHounder

I don't you just love it when the fans and critics can't agree on something? :/

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Just look at the Code Vein Reviews... Yikes...

Boobies are bad apparently.
I really don't understand the criticism. It is a great playing game but has suggestive themes so it is bad? Glad they didn't look at Neir: Automata and 2B's.... mmm, perfect posterior. They'd have a heart attack.

Plus it is too anime looking. Did you guys not watch a trailer or pick up the demo before playing? What does it looks too anime even mean? It is the style they went with, so what? It is like complaining that a game uses too much blue. Don't play Red Dead Redemption anyone, it is too dirty looking! Seriously, it is like they live in the wild west or something. And don't play Resident Evil 2. There is too much blood in this game about walking corpses.

Probably reviewed by the same people that hate Harry Potter and Magic: The Gathering because they are 'satanic'.

https://youtu.be/-leYc4oC83E

ShadowHounder

I really don't understand the criticism. It is a great playing game but has suggestive themes so it is bad? Glad they didn't look at Neir: Automata and 2B's.... mmm, perfect posterior. They'd have a heart attack.

Plus it is too anime looking. Did you guys not watch a trailer or pick up the demo before playing? What does it looks too anime even mean? It is the style they went with, so what? It is like complaining that a game uses too much blue. Don't play Red Dead Redemption anyone, it is too dirty looking! Seriously, it is like they live in the wild west or something. And don't play Resident Evil 2. There is too much blood in this game about walking corpses.

Probably reviewed by the same people that hate Harry Potter and Magic: The Gathering because they are 'satanic'.

https://youtu.be/-leYc4oC83E
Might I refer you to the Cuphead reviews and the "Git Gud" controversy XD

critics rating a game poorly because they thought it was "too hard" and didn't even consider that being "too hard" was the point of the damn game XD

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So... anybody... got soemthing exciting to share? See any movies? New shows? Pulled a Mythic Rare from a single booster pack? Find a fifty dollar bill? Accidentally overwater your tulips? Get a presidential commendation? Get major heart surgery? Hear a Weird Al song for the first time? Resurrect the dead? Find out your girlfriend is your cousin, but your second cousin so you aren't sure if you should break it off?

...see a new anime...?

ShadowHounder

So... anybody... got soemthing exciting to share? See any movies? New shows? Pulled a Mythic Rare from a single booster pack? Find a fifty dollar bill? Accidentally overwater your tulips? Get a presidential commendation? Get major heart surgery? Hear a Weird Al song for the first time? Resurrect the dead? Find out your girlfriend is your cousin, but your second cousin so you aren't sure if you should break it off?

...see a new anime...?
Watching League of Legends Worlds 2019. Have to catch up on last week, but so far the games are looking hype AF.

Black0ut

...see a new anime...?
Haven't been sleeping well at night due to allergies (Arizona is weirdly flooded with pollen all year round, and being an asthmatic is lovely in said state), so I've been writing up a bit of a thing for a Dnd character of mine.

My Afro has gotten so huge that despite my favorite head set losing its ear muff, I can use my hair as a reliable stand in.

Also, the movie I'm anxious for is Frozen 2. I got to see the first one before the overwhelming number of memes hit it so...

Finally... A little lesson in me being friendly... *HUGS EVERYONE* SHOW ME SOME LOVE MUTHAFU**AS, SHOW ME SOME LOVE. Ahem... sorry, I seem to have gone street black by accident.

ShadowHounder

Haven't been sleeping well at night due to allergies (Arizona is weirdly flooded with pollen all year round, and being an asthmatic is lovely in said state), so I've been writing up a bit of a thing for a Dnd character of mine.

My Afro has gotten so huge that despite my favorite head set losing its ear muff, I can use my hair as a reliable stand in.

Also, the movie I'm anxious for is Frozen 2. I got to see the first one before the overwhelming number of memes hit it so...

Finally... A little lesson in me being friendly... *HUGS EVERYONE* SHOW ME SOME LOVE MUTHAFU**AS, SHOW ME SOME LOVE. Ahem... sorry, I seem to have gone street black by accident.
You got an afro? Show me this legendary mass of hair

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

I forgot about that, but yeah, Frozen 2 looks interesting. Unfortunately I saw the first one after said memes and that kinda ruined it for me. Plus I kinda... predicted the twist viilain immediately and I think the movie is full of plot holes everyone ignores and Let It Go is as overpraised as FF7 and it was my least favorite level in Kingdom Hearts III... but I still think it was a good movie and the sequel has my eye.

If nothing else... at least it is an original film that isn't a live action remake, nor is it straight-to-video (DVD? Blue Ray?) trash.

I'm looking at you, Return of Jafar, Pocahontas 2, and Beauty and the Beast 2: An Enchanted Christmas. (The third gets a slight pass for having Tim Curry as an evil pipe organ though...)

ShadowHounder

I forgot about that, but yeah, Frozen 2 looks interesting. Unfortunately I saw the first one after said memes and that kinda ruined it for me. Plus I kinda... predicted the twist viilain immediately and I think the movie is full of plot holes everyone ignores and Let It Go is as overpraised as FF7 and it was my least favorite level in Kingdom Hearts III... but I still think it was a good movie and the sequel has my eye.

If nothing else... at least it is an original film that isn't a live action remake, nor is it straight-to-video (DVD? Blue Ray?) trash.

I'm looking at you, Return of Jafar, Pocahontas 2, and Beauty and the Beast 2: An Enchanted Christmas. (The third gets a slight pass for having Tim Curry as an evil pipe organ though...)
Please don't remind me of the Disney sequel curse ;-;

Dahlexpert

...see a new anime...?

Well I recently found my passion for wrestling again, by watching AEW and NXT on Wednesday.