Starstream Think Tank

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Spending time with my new pet bird, his name is Remy and he's a Miniature Parrot.

IMG_20200702_134023378.jpg

ShadowHounder

Recently learned that Protesters in my area are not only actively attacking bus drivers... but are actively shooting fire department personal. It's apparently gotten so bad that Medic One people have to start wearing bulletproof vests on active duty.

And I thought I couldn't lose any more faith in humanity...

Dahlexpert

Recently learned that Protesters in my area are not only actively attacking bus drivers... but are actively shooting fire department personal. It's apparently gotten so bad that Medic One people have to start wearing bulletproof vests on active duty.

Remind me again you live in Washington?

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Those aren't Protestors. Those are looters taking advantage of the movement to hurt people. It's terrible and we have to make sure to condemn it like the real supporters of the movement would.

ShadowHounder

Those aren't Protestors. Those are looters taking advantage of the movement to hurt people. It's terrible and we have to make sure to condemn it like the real supporters of the movement would.
"Looter" ain't exactly the term I would use for someone who would shoot a medic regardless of whether there's a nearby protest or not... but I get whatcha mean.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

"Looter" ain't exactly the term I would use for someone who would shoot a medic regardless of whether there's a nearby protest or not... but I get whatcha mean.

Besides. I've heard stories of cops shooting protester field medical teams too, which were clearly marked with red crosses, a number of them lost eyes or their patients died because of it.

ShadowHounder

Besides. I've heard stories of cops shooting protester field medical teams too, which were clearly marked with red crosses, a number of them lost eyes or their patients died because of it.
Why, yes, remind me that both sides are shit... a fantastic idea I'm gonna bash my head into a brickwall real quick

Black0ut

Why, yes, remind me that both sides are shit... a fantastic idea I'm gonna bash my head into a brickwall real quick
Part of the whole point we're pausing Shadow's story, is to mentally recover while Covid-19 and the riots are occurring, not discussing how shit everything is at the moment.

I know some of us have really bad shit going on behind the scenes. I also know everyone is affected at this point, but I am asking a favor: let's try to keep all of this negative shit out of Gami when possible. This is everyone's sanctuary from the bullshit irl, and should remain a sanctuary for everyone involved.

ShadowHounder

Part of the whole point we're pausing Shadow's story, is to mentally recover while Covid-19 and the riots are occurring, not discussing how shit everything is at the moment.

I know some of us have really bad shit going on behind the scenes. I also know everyone is affected at this point, but I am asking a favor: let's try to keep all of this negative shit out of Gami when possible. This is everyone's sanctuary from the bullshit irl, and should remain a sanctuary for everyone involved.
I don't recall there being a decision to pause my RP...