Starstream Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I want to apologize for my behavior yesterday. It was childish and unbecoming of a mature adult. I just wasn't used to being in such a decent mood, so when it dropped like that... but now I'm just making excuses now...

At any rate, no need to worry about that today since my mood is already trashed, as it has been since I woke up at 2:30 in the morning and couldn't fall back asleep. Lucky me! :D

So, yeah... I'll talk to you guys when you wake up, whenever that might be. Willing to do collabs. Might be a bit slow. Like I said, not much sleep.

Wish I could call into work, but if I was going to do that, I should have done so hours ago. Besides, I don't think being tired is a good enough excuse, even if I'm... really, really tired.

Finished with Shadow of War, and like I said, starting the Witcher III. Only a few hours in so far, but pretty fun. Need to just get used to the combat, though I've only died once when I underestimated some ghouls. Fought a bear and got by without any damage thanks to my shield though, so I think I'm doing well so far. Following some advice I found online, trying to only buy cards, blueprints, and maps, and I spent my first few ability points on raising my Jedi Mind trick.

Um... last episode of Berserk's main story tomorrow. Not sure how many episodes of the Endless Eclipse I'll do after that. But I at least want to show off gameplay with all the other characters. So yeah... it'll continue a while after tomorrow's episode. After that? Idk... SOMA maybe? Digital game's been sitting on my PS4 taking up space and collecting digital dust. I'll probably play that next.

That's all for now I think. I know no one is awake, so don't fret about responding to me. I won't fret ovsr it myself. Might just put more thoughts here as they come to me. Doesn't mean I want you to immediately respond. I'm just... I ramble when I'm tired, out of my mouth or with my texting thumbs...

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Decided to give DBD a try after all. I'm used to a toxic community. Came into Magic the Gathering pretty late. I want to branch out into a multiplayer game. All I ever play is single player...

Black0ut

Decided to give DBD a try after all. I'm used to a toxic community. Came into Magic the Gathering pretty late. I want to branch out into a multiplayer game. All I ever play is single player...
Dm me your steam name and I'll see about grabbing some friends for a first match for you. :)

ShadowHounder

best of luck to ya there... I would say stick with survivors for a bit until you get the hang of the controls, then try killers.

Now you have me curious... how exactly in the MTG community toxic? I've only experience positive vibes from the irl group I played with and MTG: Arena is a 1v1 style game, so I doubt there are many ways for the players to flame you

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
best of luck to ya there... I would say stick with survivors for a bit until you get the hang of the controls, then try killers.

Now you have me curious... how exactly in the MTG community toxic? I've only experience positive vibes from the irl group I played with and MTG: Arena is a 1v1 style game, so I doubt there are many ways for the players to flame you
Probably just person experiences but when I first started, nobody wanted to support the noob. Luckily some friends of mine played.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
My favorite just from an aesthetic point of view would probably by Freddy, Pyramid Head, and the spooky ghost chick. But with my luck, they'll be the hardest to play as. :p

Also, is it weird that in this game about murdering your friends, the first person I thought of who I'd like to come in is an extra creepy version of Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas? I mean, obviously it won't happen because Disney, but... I could see him working.

I also thought of Chucky, but I don't see how he could work considering the size difference...

Black0ut

Do the survivors have different abilities, or just the killers. And who are your fav. killers?
All survivors have perks unique to them, some good, a few bad. killers are entirely different from each other: Michael Myers, much like his movies, stalks and kills. Freddy puts you into a dream and debilitates you by you being asleep. Spirit can fake you out as she can suddenly stop (the actual player who's using her doesn't) while she looks for you and can effectively teleport behind you.

Killers have a lot abilities depending on who they are. They also get perks to boost their effectiveness. Freddy and Spirit are hard, but the one I would recommend you to learn is called Nurse. She's a pain to learn, but once you do, she's fucking terrifying. And that's from a seasoned player's point of view. :)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
All survivors have perks unique to them, some good, a few bad. killers are entirely different from each other: Michael Myers, much like his movies, stalks and kills. Freddy puts you into a dream and debilitates you by you being asleep. Spirit can fake you out as she can suddenly stop (the actual player who's using her doesn't) while she looks for you and can effectively teleport behind you.

Killers have a lot abilities depending on who they are. They also get perks to boost their effectiveness. Freddy and Spirit are hard, but the one I would recommend you to learn is called Nurse. She's a pain to learn, but once you do, she's fucking terrifying. And that's from a seasoned player's point of view. :)
Thanks! Though I'll probably try and get used to the survivors first like Shadow suggests. Oh! How is it determined whether you'll be the killer or a survivor? Is it random like Friday the 13th?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Ugh... I hate updates! This might make me sound like an old man, but I miss the day when the full game was on the disc. I want yo play, but instead I've been sitting on my hands for over two and a half hours while the game updates to version 1.92. 1.92, are you serious? How many updates does a game need? I haven't even bought any of the DLC (though my copy comes with some of the dlc so that might be slowing it down but still!). I'd just boot up the game and play it a little without the network features while it updates... but you kinda need the network features to play an excluaively online multiplayer game.

Sigh... only 116 minutes to go...

Dahlexpert

Ugh... I hate updates! This might make me sound like an old man, but I miss the day when the full game was on the disc. I want yo play, but instead I've been sitting on my hands for over two and a half hours while the game updates to version 1.92. 1.92, are you serious? How many updates does a game need? I haven't even bought any of the DLC (though my copy comes with some of the dlc so that might be slowing it down but still!). I'd just boot up the game and play it a little without the network features while it updates... but you kinda need the network features to play an excluaively online multiplayer game.

Sigh... only 116 minutes to go...
I also miss the days of just putting a game in the console and it just worked.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Well, finally finished downloading. But I have to go to bed early because I didn't get a lot of sleep. Trying to do one quick game... but it can't find a match... shit...

On the PS4 btw, and since most of you are XBone or PC...

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Alright, was able to get into a match. Did well at first. Got every generator up before even seeing the Hillbilly, and saved two people from hooks. Then I... walked into him camping near what I think was an exit. I had a feeling he was there too. Should have followed my instincts and walked the other way...

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
And the game has no voice chat. That... actually makes me happy. No having to listen to people yell or complain or swear or make racist remarks. I like the silence. It makes it more tense that you can't warn or direct others. In fact, the game is really tense over all. Got my heart beating pretty fast whenever I knew a killer was near.