Hunters of Terra Dolor (Role Playing Section)

Dahlexpert

Part 4

Dug in she did, eating like a child or savage. "Sho," she said, talking with her mouth full. "You guys, like... want my blessing or something?"

“Something like that, I mean I know it must be difficult seeing so little distraction going around.” Lorica said.” We just wanna make you stronger, because hay someone has to benefit from what we’re doing right?”

Birusu nodded. "It would be nice. Most people don't pray to me. Most people... don't like me. I mean, there was this one guy that was nice to me, but he has someone else."

"And that's what were hear for." Lorica put her hand on Birusu shoulder." We already burn city to the ground, and villages and most in our way, so we can dedicate our destruction in your name. Every ship yard, stronghold every town. Whatever whatever we bun you will benefit, and if your just wanna come down and talk to me I'll be here." Lorica smiled at the goddess.

Birusu smiled back. "I guess I can help you out every now and then. Oh... no children though, okay?"

Lorica asked the goddess to look around her.” Look around you, we don’t kill children we take them in and adopt them. So you don’t have to worry about that.”

Birusu nodded. "Just needed to say it." She looked around. "You guys do good work. Well... bad work, but good work for me. Your former leader was an okay chick, but she was more about conquering and freeing people then destruction. But I like you guys. Where, uh... where is that one guy she recruited at the beginning?"

“Well because he was a Gaul and she’s dead he’s currently sick, his body needed Alice blood now that she’s gone his body has a hard time getting back to normal.”

"Hmm... well, nothing I can do. I'm a destroyer, not a healer." Birusu glanced back at Lorica. "You call any other gods?"

“The god of hunters, as you can see we capture and hunt plenty of beasts. So why not worship him to.”

"He might be able to help." The destruction goddess finished eating, and let out a might belch. "Want me to get him for you?"

“That will be wonderful, after all me and my tribe have always hunted in his name before Norsca. I can’t wait to see him.” Lorica said with some glee in her voice.

The Destruction goddess nodded. She loaded up her arms with more food, muffled a goodbye with her mouth stuffed, and disappeared into a portal.

Nothing seemed to happen for the longest time. Eventually, everyone went to sleep. Lorica and Wulfric were awoken the next morning by one of the sentries. "Bosses! There is a strange man in even stranger armor in the middle of camp. He just wondered in and started drinking, and he won't talk to us no matter how much we threaten him."

Both Wulfric and Lroica finally woke up after there short rest, and went to the middle of the camp. The a man wearing some white armor that they never seen before." Lorica smiled and cheered and rushed to the man." Are you Reht'nar?"

He took a slow swig from his mug as the men and women around him relaxed a bit. He looked over to Lorica and mumbled, "I don't know how Birusu convinced me to come here... but yes, I am the God of the Hunt."

"How wonderful, we have a deal for you." Lorica sat next to the god, while Wulfric sat across from him." See we hunt beast all the time but we can always use a new challenge, and i'm sure there are lands that have monsters that are corrupting the land. So why not send us in to kill these said beast and offer there bodes to you, and if they have offspring we will add them to our ranks." Lorica said with glee.

"What my over eager friend is saying is, we wish to hunt in your name and offer our hunts to you."

Reht'nar looked between them. "Is that so. You don't... want me to give you special favors or deliver monsters to you?"

"That will make things to easy." Lorica said "We need a challenge we wish to go to theses places were the most dangerous beast live, now by special favors if you want to give us your blessings we won't argue with that." Lorica said.

"We can never have things go easy for us, we must never go soft in our way of life. We must hunt constantly for food practice and getting stronger. Besides I'm sure you would'n like giving people an easy hunt."

"No... I wouldn't." The hunter god leaned back. "Alright. How about I give you a test?"

"Alright than we accept it your challenge, tell us what will be the great beast for us to hunt?" Lorica said in excitement.

Reht'nar leaned forward. "Well now, it is easy enough to kill a great beast, or even capture one after injuring it and let it heal. But do you think you are up for capturing an elusive prey without hurting it at all. Very elusive, by the way. I mean, if you are not up for it, perhaps I can think of an easier target..."

"Well that sounds like fun." Lorica said." So we can't kill this beast or hurt this pray at all but still capture it. I like it we will take the challenge." Lorica said.

The god nodded. "Your prey today will be... the elusive... Equus monoclonius."

"What kind of beast is this, I never heard of it before." Wulfric said." Is it a carnivore or herbivore, how big is it how smart is it what kind of beast are we dealing with?"

"I know! I know!" Angelika said excitedly. She blushed when she notted the god looking at her and put her head do shyly. "Um... h-hi..."

Wulfric looked down at Angelika." Angelika this is the god of hunt now you said you knew what this beast was, mind sharing that information."

She suddenly ran off. After a minute of silence, Reht'nar asked, "Is she coming back?"

As if on cue, Angelika rushed back from around the corner with a different book then the one she had before, her finger in between it marking a page. She plopped it down in front of Lorica and opened it to a picture of a magestic white mare with flowing white hair and a tail, and a single, distinctive horn coming out of its forehead. "Unicorn," the girl whispered gleefully.

Lorica looked in confusion." Your joking this is a joke, I didn't think the gods had a since of humor. You want us to capture a unicorn?" Lorica started to laugh." That's insane this beast doesn't exist."

Reht'nar smiled gently under his mask. They are as real as the Golden Hind. Just... nearly as rare. They are eternal creatures 9nce prized for their beauty... but also for the magic in their horns. They were thought to be hunted to extinction and the governments of the world covered up such a blunder by claiming they were just a myth, a creature from the fantasies of fair maidens. Publish a lie in a book for long enough, and it eventually becomes the truth. By my estimation, there are... only twenty of them left in the entire world. This is obviously why I would wish no harm to a single one."

Lorica and wulfric looked confused at hearing this." Um so you want us to hunt down a unicorn, ou joy, so what do we do with this thing once we capture it. Do we release it or give it to you." Lorica said in confusion, still dealing with the fact that unicorns were real.

"I have hunted one myself, and it was not easy. But I have done it and know that captivity is not for them. Simply hold one for more than five minutes, and I will be satisfied."

Dahlexpert

Part 5

"I'm game." Lorica said." So where do I find these mythical beast, what country are they hiding in?"

"Neren'teva and Fairaven have the most, but the magical energies of those forests will hide them too well for mortals." The god thought on it. "Bevland and Elluviana. Those are your best chances. Your choice."

"Bevland easy." Lorica said. "There still recovering from the battle so there won't be as many soldiers around, also we could look around for our people that may be prisoners as well as our giant friend. And if possible our other generals if there alive." Lorica said.

"The seven are back home Lorica, if Rumi and the others aren't dead than there back with the vampires, and Ergo who knows. But for now we find that unicorn ride the thing and prove our worth, and if we find our giant friends or anyone else along the way than we bring them back here."

"Can I come with?" Angelika asked, her face half hidden behind her book. "I-I know a lot about unicorns. I might be a big help..."

Wulfric lifted Angelika." By all means sure you can, hell you've been a big help to us so far. I don't know what your mother has against you."

Marilith slithered over. "Did you mention me?" She looked down at the god. "Ah, I see you have another one you seek favor with. How can I help?"

Angelika hid a little more behind her book. "C-can I... b-borrow your jewel again?"

"What?" Maralith grasped the blue gem in her hand. "After you nearly lost it before?"

"U-uh... I promise not to be kidnapped again," the girl pleaded, hiding completely behind the book.

Wulfric rolled his eyes, and took the book from Angelika and put his hand on Marilith Jewel." Look I need you to trust me on this one and your daughter, after all you’re with our clan and we all must work together." Wulfric said in a very kind tone.

The snake woman rolled her eyes and lamented, letting him take the jewel. "Just be careful. It has been in my family for eight hundred years. And bring two of my men with you to watch over her so you don't have to."

Angelika nodded. "That is probably a good idea. There are Ophidians in Bevland. We might need our own if we run into any."

Wulfric put the jewel around his neck so he knows were it is. "Great trust me I will take care of it and don't worry i'll kill any that try to take this from me."

Lorica smiled cheeky at Wulfric." Alright than, um Reht'nar mind sending us to Bevland?"

He waved his hand, opening a portal to the middle of the forest. "I opened it near a large life force. Possibly one of the giants you mentioned. Enjoy. No time limit, but don't take too long."

The group went through the portal and recognized bevlan lush land, when they turned around they indeed saw one of the giants they knew." Grot!" Lorica shouted in excitement.

Grot was sharpening an oversized knife on a large stone slab, a skinned lamb roasting on a fire. He slowly looked up and gave her a sad smile. "Hello, Ms. Lorica. You lived, huh?"

"It's gonna take a lot to kill me and Wulfric here." Wulfric with the Ophidians and Angelika. Wulfric than turned around and saw Grot.

"Well nice to see you again big guy, I hate to ask this but what happen to your brothers did they make it." Wulfric asked.

Grot's expression immediately fell. "N... n-no..." He sighed. "This crazy strong vampire lady took Tig. I don't know what happened to Crag, but I... found his broken body after the fighting. The only reaso. I'm still alive is because they said I was too stupid to be a threat without Alice to lead me. Did... did Alice really die?"

Lorica and Wulfric looked down." Yea Crixus is proof of it, when started to vomit blood we knew that Alice was gone."

Wulfric shook his head and looked at Grot." Listen were not dead yet, were rebuilding and we already have new allies. So do you want to rejoin us as well, the harpies are still with us as well it will be nice to have you back Grot."

Grot smiled. "Ew, what the Hell. It... would be nice to have a family again."

Angelika leaned close to Lorica and whispered, "Bandits, Raiders, Ophidians, Harpies, Giants, and gods. You sure have a lot of interesting friends."

Wulfric looked down at Angelika and picked her up." We are the legacy of Alice Valentine, we will continue on in her name. Wulfric looked at Grot. "Grot were on a hunt, for a... unicorn we can't hurt or kill it. I think you will be a wonderful help."

"Me? Are you sure I wouldn't just be in the way?"

"If we can detract the unicorn with a massive giant, it won't be looking at us. And it will give Lorica time to ride the damn thing for five minutes, and please the hunter god. Now again you can't kill or hurt it, and please don't step on it."

Dahlexpert

Part 6

"I will be careful," the big man said. "So, um... where do we find this iny-horn?"

“Don’t worry big guy I’ll track this unicorn down.” Lorica said, the group quitly tracked down there pray, while avoiding villages, and cities.

After a few hours, though, it proved harder then they initially thought. Suddenly, Angelika stopped. "Listen," she whispered. "The animals... quick. Let me have mother's jewel."

"You do realize that your mother will be pissed off if this breaks right?" Wulfric said before giving the jewel to Angelika." Be relay careful with it."

"I will be." She fitted the jewel around her neck. "Unicorns protect the forest around them. That's why we can't hear any animals." She closed her eyes. A few moments later, she opened them again, and they were glowing pure blue.

The group looked at the child in confusion." Um is she goanna be alright, I mean how Black mamba will be if her child is harm." Lorica asked.

"Doubt she will be that worried but I know that the kid is goanna be fine."

"That way." The girl pointed north by northwest. "Exactly 845 feet in that direction. She doesn't know we're here yet."

Lorica smiled and she let her more Thorpe side out, to the surprise to most though Lorica looked human she was indeed a tiger Thorpe and quickly made there her way to the unicorn.

It was drinking from a small pond. If Lorica had not know it was a unicorn, she would have thought it a mere horse, its horn currently invisible. It seemed to pay Lorica no mind at first, as if not afraid of any beast.

Lorica quickly made her way to the unicorn and jumped on its back, the beast acted like any animal and tried to get Lorica off it." Yeaaaa come on darling, your goanna have to use more force than that to get rid of me." Lourca said laughing at the beast.

The creature's horn suddenly appeared. There was a bright flash of light from it, and a force of energy sent Lorica flying off.

Lorica slammed into a tree and quickly got back up, She than yelled and Wulfric and the Other Ophidian started to rush the unicorn.

The unicorn bucked, causing the pair to stumble back. Its spiral horn flashed brightly, and it suddenly disappeared.

"Damn it!" Lorica shouted "i was on that thing for just a little while, but now we know what it's capable of think you can find it again kid?"

Angelika nodded, and her eyes turned blue once more. "It... it teleported. Thirty feet in that direction. It is looking to see if... it must have understood what I just said, because it's running, heading south!"

"How wonderful, Grot your leading the charge with that beast. You can grab it but don't harm it, I just need to hold it for fire minutes. Once Grot has the creature in hand we will hold it down for a few minutes."

Grot nodded and ran ahead. Angelika struggled to keep up with the others, wheezing a bit. "Maybe... we're approaching this... the wrong... way..."

Wulfric picked up Angelika." I'm open for suggestions, kiddo hell Lorica isn't used to this way for hunting anyway. So what did you have in mind?"

"Well, it is obviously intelligent," Angelika said. "What if we tried, I don't know... talking to it?"

"I got it!" Grot shouted, lifting up the unicorn. "I caught the horsey! Now I just..." It disappeared from his hand and reappeared on the ground, stumbling a bit and taking off again.

"Damn it please tell me you didn't hurt the horse, we can't hurt it!" Lorica yelled.

"Calm down Lorica, I know you want to please your god. But let me and the kid handle this, Grot you did great thanks for your help but let's try a different approach. Come kid think you can tell me where it went this time?"

She nodded. Her eyes shining blue, she pointed south. "That way. I don't think it's hurt. Just tired from using so much magic so quickly."

"Alright than, Lorica you and me will go up to this beast and we will handle this on our own. With a different approach than what we’ve been doing."

Angelika asked, "What should I do?"

"We are gonna go with your plan and talk to this beast, and see if it truly as intelligent as you say it is."

"Talk!" Lorica shouted. "Were gonna talk to this beast?!"

"Yes, were going with a different approach with this and try it. Come on Lorica we have done more horrible things than this." Lorica rolled her eyes and agreed with the idea.

As they neared the Unicorn, it looked quite exhausted. It didn't move at first, but looked ready to run again at any moment.

"Hay now come on we don't want to do anything to you, we just... We just want to talk to you."

"This is a stupid idea, just let me mount the damn beast." Lorica complained.

It neighed loudly at Lorica's words, taking several steps back.

"Lorica we need to do this with a calm head alright it will help if you didn't look like a wild beast." Wulfric said.

Lorica growled and slowly turned back to looking like a human." This better work this whole talking thing."

"Why do you chase me?" a feminine voice asked in their heads. "What have I done to you? What do you want?"

Lorica looked at the unicorn is shock." Are you kidding me, the thing can actually talk!"

"We were given a task, all we have to do is ride you for five minutes. That's all we have to do, were not gonna kill you or harm you we just want to ride you for five minutes."

"Ride me... what an unusual task. Who gave you such an odd mission?" The unicorn still looked on edge, but at least it didn't look like it was about to take off.

"My god the god of the hunt." Lorica said in a annoyed tone." He said we had to hold you for five minutes, that's all we have to do."

"You." The unicorn looked at Lorica. "You seem... so hateful. Have I done something to elicit such anger?"

"I don't like talking to my pray, I hunt my pray and chase them down that's were the thrill comes in. I don't get the joy in talks."

"Whatever, so will you let us do this one thing and allow us to ride you for five minutes?" Wulfric asked.

The unicorn closed its eyes and shook its head. "I cannot. I can only allow a fair, virgin maiden ride me."

Wulfric looked down and picked up Angelika.” Well looks like it’s your lucky day kiddo. Will she do?” Wulfric pointed to Angelika.

The unicorn stepped over, lightly sniffing the air. "Yes. This child will do nicely."

"R-really?" Angelika blushed. "I get to... ride a Unicorn? But... does this count? Am I part of your raiders?"

“We are a tribe of people, of course you count.” Wulfric put the child on the unicorn.

Angelika leaned down and hugged the majestic creature's neck. As they started to trot about, the young girl looked to be in heaven.

Lorica smiled at child.” This will be her only peace, you know that right?”

“I know but let her enjoy the moment.”

The portal opened back to the camp, allowing them to return, including the giant that shocked the Ophidians. "Good job," the Hunter god said, smiling at Lorica. "I am proud of you for putting your pride aside to talk to the Unicorn. If it helps, I had to do the same."

“It was annoying but it was for the tribe and I will give anything for them.”

Reht'nar nodded, standing up and bowing his head. "I will give you my blessing for the hunt, and give you beasts to hunt from time to time. And have this." He pulled out a small, green vial and handed it to Wulfric. "This is a rare and powerful medicine. One normally reserved for the worst of diseases. Give it to your companion. It will flush out the vampire blood and make him whole again."

Lorica gasped in excitement.” We can heal Crixus Ou than you god of hunters.”

He bowed his head, and opened a portal. "I will be in touch. Take care." With another bow of the head, he was gone.

Wulfric looked at the potion.” Angelika go tell your mother what you did today, and give her back her Jewel. Me and Lorica need to help a friend of ours.”

Dahlexpert

Part 7

Angelika nodded, skipping as she went, still giddy over her experience.

Wulfric and Lorica quickly made ther way to their camp and gave Crixus the potion. Within minutes he opened his eyes and looked around.

“We’re am I?”

In the great desert county, we came here and found some new allies. I’ll go get them.” Lorica left the tent and gathered there new allies.

Marilith squeezed into the tent, her large size a hindrance. "Hmm, tight squeeze. You must be Cruxis. Your associates are all the rage about you."

Crixus looked at his friends.” As they should be in the one who lead this army and give us many victories, and loot.”

Marilith chuckled. "Another brash, bold one. I like that. Though word is you haven't done much of that lately due to vampire blood withdrawal. You must have been on the stuff for quite some time. You're all better now it seems."

“Yeah doing much better now, anyway. Who are you people?”

I am Marilith. Also known as Black Mamba, leader of Black Lotus, the deadliest, strongest Ophidian Raiders you'll ever meet. And... Your new ally."

"A-and I'm her daughter!" The pre-teen hid her face behind a book. "I-I-I am Angle... Anga... A-Angelika!"

Crixus stood up and slowly went to the child, and grabbed her book.” You must be strong child the road ahead is difficult. But don’t worry we will help you.” Crixus stood up” Alright then Listen up this is the plan, we will unite the other Ophidian in this country after that we’re going to Themosa and burn every town in our way as well as free every slave that we see is that clear.”

Marilith laughed. "Unite the Ophidians? You'd have to fight Yig himself to do that."

"Then we will fight him break him and make him join us, this is what Norscan politic are all about. We fight if I beat you you join us. And then we celebrate, no matter what we need a home that's dependable and that means uniting the Ophidians." Crixus said.

Everyone murmured and nodded their heads in agreement.

Crixus Lorica and Wulfric. Moved there forces into Yig territory. Crixus looked at Marilith. "So do you have any idea how many men he has and what were up against?"

"Half the country's Ophidians," Marilith said with a scowl.

Lorica smiled in excitement ready for a battle, but Crixus stopped her. "We can't win this in a straight up fight, and we will have less men than we want. We will challenge him to combat me and him in a single duel."

Angelika, her face red and her face down, mumbled, "You're... g-g-gonna challenge Yig to a fight?"

"Indeed I am, and I will win and we will be a united force once again. Besides we can't do what we want with him alive, he will try and raid our camps for our good otherwise."

Marilith scoffed. "Your crazy, you know? I thought I was going to get away from Yig, and here you go, wanting to knock on his front door and punch him in the nose."

"You don't know us very well this is kinda our thing, we like a very good fight." Lorica said to Marilith

"We need to plan this though, Marilith mind telling me what were dealing with here and how his army is." Crixus.

She folded her six arms. "He doesn't have an army per se. It is more like those who worship him versus those that don't. He used to leave the affairs of this country alone ever since he sealed his wife away. But ever since his sister went missing, he has essentially been throwing a tantrum. The country's politics and clans are in a tizzy, and last I heard, even the unofficial ruler of the Duchy, our Ophidian Queen, has gone missing..."

"M-maybe... I can... m-make a suggestion?" the blushing Ophidian girl said.

Wulfric looked at the child and then to Crixus. "Sir we could listen to the child, I mean it's because of her he got the god of hunters on our side now."

"You want me to listen to a child, is that a joke Wulfric have you gone soft in my sickness."

"Look she's Marlilith child, which means she's not a normal child she had to be raised to be a leader so why not listen to he and give it a try."

Crixus rolled his eyes." Fine, I will listen to the child and give her a chance."

This brought a bashful smile on her face. "W-well... Yig isn't a normal foe. He's an Old One, and while he is a weaker Old One, he is still an Old One. Facing him unprepared is like facing a God. So... you mentioned raiding your way to Themosa after figbting him. What if... you did that first? Themosa is the leading country when it comes to magitech. Maybe you'll find something there to help fight Yig."

"An old one huh hum." Crixus patted the child head. "Wulfric didn't think you would find yourself a family the moment we got here."

"Were a tribe we all work together is all and the child is slowly proving herself as a smart child."

"That's not what I meant, seems like you also got the massive snake woman to respect you as well."

Marilith grinned. "You got that right. Though it seems someone smaller fancies you, my boy." She winked at her daughter, who hid her red face behind another book she pulled from somewhere unknown.

"I take care of them that is all, I'm slowly caring for them that's it."

Lorica looked at their group and west. “We’re going back to raiding Themosa, my people being used as minors and other slave work I'm sure we can get plenty of them to join us as well. I need to free my kind."

"Agreed, than we head west. Gather all of our supplies and weapons were heading back to Themosa, and if we’re lucky we can mess with the war goddess little war and piss her off." Crixus suggested.

Marilith chuckled. "Wouldn't it be funny if we helped the resistance win their war. Bet that would make her extra mad."

Lorica looked at Marilith. "Resistance who is this resistance, are they Thrope? Lorisa asked in curiosity.

"You haven't heard?" Marilith nodded. "Right, you were busy with your own war. Most of the fighting in Themosa is being done between the Themosan army and a resistance force led by a former noble named Korra Devolina. They have members of all races, but most of them are Thropes as far as I know."

"Hum sounds like a great place to cause some havoc, we could hit both sides but I have no trouble beating down the Themosan army and taking their resources." Lorica said gleeful.

"Then it's decided were going to Themosa, hit both sides take their resources and free any slaves we can. But mostly hit the nobles and take all there coins." Crixus said.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
Serving Time with the Resistance

Marc sat alone in his "room", a animal pen meant for something much bigger then him, so at least her had room for himself, a bed, a desk, a toilet, and a small bookshelf. A cage was a cage however, and it was humiliating to say the least.

The door out of the room his cage was located slowly opened. Lunch time. How much of his food would be missing this time? Would there be a bad taste? Would it be palatable? Would he get something to drink?

"H-hello, Mr. Marc." Thank goodness. It was the Light Elf that occasionally fed him. She always brought him a full tray, and even brought him seconds once. "How are you feeling?"

The Sad Man sighed, "Better with you around. Not that I don't deserve the treatment..."

She placed the tray on the desk. Fresh beef soup, a salad with dressing on the side, a large chunk of bread, and a full mug of wine. She spoiled him compared to the others. She turned and walked for the exit in silence, as she always did. For some reason, however, she paused before turning back around. "Are... are you sorry?"

"For everything?" Marc looked up at her. "I've had a lot of time to think... But it doesn't matter... being sorry won't fix it..."

Terra turned back, cupping her hands.m over her waist. "Why... why did you do it? Why don't you like Thropes? Do... do you also not like Light Elves?"

"Hate." He answered, poking at his food. "Just... Hate... Hate and Money..."

Terra leaned against the wall. "Do you still hate them? I mean... I've met a lot of good Thropes. They're cool if you get to know them without, you know... planning on selling them afterwards."

"I... I'm not exactly in love with them..." He admitted. "They still killed my wife... But that Light Elf comment... I was just... Have you ever been so angry... That you look at something and just... be unable to think about anything but what they did...? That is me... I was so angry that I focused on every bad thing... And used it to fuel my hatred even more... Which made me focus on them more... I lost myself in that spiral..."

"You keep using past tense," Terra mentioned. "Does that mean some of it is gone? Even a little bit?"

"Let's just say shooting my daughter... Gave me some perspective..." He said emotionlessly.

"Does that mean... we could let you out of this cage soon without you..."

"Terra." Korra stepped in, making Terra jump. "What are you... Bethany is looking for you."

"R-right!" Terra hurried out, leaving Korra to stare down at Marc.

"How's the revolution going?" He asked uncaringly, he had already lost his battle.

"Not well, you'll probably be glad to know," Korra answered truthfully. "We have skills, cunning, and sources, but they have more money, better equipment, and more bodies. We... have had to become more violent then I ever wanted just to keep from losing anyone on a constant basis." She glanced back. "I... heard what you were saying to Terra. I'm sorry about your wife, but do you think I should hate all Netzi based on what you alone did to Thropes?"

"Maybe. I wouldn't blame you. Although, how many of those people I sold knew you personally? Don't answer. Truth is, while it was personal... I don't remember most of them... I'm not some sadist..." He explained. "Or maybe I am? Who knows?"

"Hmm..." Korra stepped out but left the door open as she walked out to the exit. "Come out here when you're done eating."

He narrowed his eyes, then finished his food after several minutes, floating out of the cell and then out the door, his bones cracking and his body stiff.

Korra was waiting for him, and invited him to walk along with her. There were a number of sick and suffering Thropes along the narrow passages, many of them children. Korra didn't bother pointing them out. She let their presence speak for themsleves. Instead, she asked, "That antibody for the research you were working on... will it really neutralize the mind control effects of your secret little... hobby?"

"The Serum? Or the Collars..." He clarified. "Because the Serum it will help reverse, stimulating homeostasis in the brain... The collars are... Much more complicated... It's not something a drug can fix..."

"We'll deal with the collars in time. We are more concerned with the serum since it is not something with a switch we can turn off." She stopped and turned to him. "How do I know your countermeasure won't simply kill any Thrope I give it to?"

"It's a drug. Any of them could if used wrong. But from everything I know making it, this should work... It'll take more over time on those who've been on the Serum Longer though. It takes time." He attempted to assure her.

Korra raised an eyebrow, studying his expression. She seemed satisfied, and nodded, continuing her walk. "Alright... let's go."

'Right." He nodded following.

Bethany was standing in a doorway. "You sure about this?" she asked.

Korra nodded. "Even if I wasn't, too many people are complaining."

"If you say so, boss." The half demon tossed Marc a thick, black blindfold. "Put it on, shrimp."

"Oh? Well. So much secrecy..." He sighed, wrapping the cloth around his own head.

Korra helped guide him through the base. "We're... letting you go. Unless you want to stick around, I can't keep justifying you being here to the others. I'm not a military leader or a queen. I have to actually work to keep people on my side, and a lot of them don't like us enslaving you. It makes them feel dirty. Down to your level."

"Huh..." He seemed legitimately surprised. "I'm more of Prisoner... Not a slave. It's how people like me are punished. I can't say I thought you'd ever just... Let me go..."

"Well, we need to make sure you can't lead anyone back to us." Korra grinned. "Easiest thing to do would be to just kill you really."

"Ah. So it's either help you or die? Typical... Don't want to kill me in there are ruin your reputation?" He asked, reminded of exactly why he hated the revolution before.

Korra rolled her eyes. "I'm just joking. Jeez, edge lord, take the stick out of your ass. I'm letting you go, alright? I'll even give you some coin to try and get yourself moving again. But if I find out you're back to your old schemes..."

"I still don't know what to even make of you. My entire experience of you and your revolution has been through a cage." He noted to her. "I've decided to take what you say seriously..."

"Yeah, yeah. Excuse me for treating the all knowing, supremely right about everything Marc like the prisoner he was. At least I'm letting you go. Would ever even consider releasing a slave you could profit on. And keep in mind I could think think of ways to peofit off you if I were so inclined."

"You know... There is something about the collars you don't understand, something you still need me for..." He pointed out to her.

Korra stopped and turned around, pulling his blindfold off. "And what is that?"

"It's not just as simple as turning it off... It can permanently change the way the nuerons fire in your head. Too long under the effects of the collar and the altered nueron pathways will become permanent, rewriting the old personality with the altered one." He explained quickly. "Basically. If someone wears the collars for longer than a month, depending on the intensity setting, the personality change will become permanent. Overriding the original person."

Korra knelt in front of him. "Is there... any way to get the old personality back?" She frowned. "Let me guess. You don't know, and we still need you so you can search for a way to do just that."

He sighed, "I didn't really care enough to figure out a solution... It wasn't my problem... But... I have a few ideas, the easiest way would likely be Magic.... But that's not my field of expertise... Another would be to try to re-establish the original neural pathways which is simply reversing what the collars did... But... We can't possibly get all of them... There will still probably be some amount of memory loss at least or at worst fragment their mind into two separate Personalities..."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Korra nodded in understanding. "Why tell me this though? Now I need you to stay. You almost had your freedom. Why give it up by being so honest?"

He looked down, clenching his fists. "Because I had a lot of time to think... Because when I look back on everything I've done... I realize exactly how far down that hole I fell... I wasn't even a person, just a ball of hate whose rage filled all my thoughts... When I did something, I asked myself how it would hurt Thropes, not why, or if I even should... I need to help fix this..."

Korra smiled. She wasn't sure if they were just words, but she liked to think they were genuine. "Come on," she said, walking back into their small base. "I'll show you to your new room."

"Right..." He nodded following behind her. "How many of your rescued slaves have even been collared? It shouldn't be many, my design was still a prototype, even if others saw it..."

"No, it isn't many. Only about half a dozen. Most we rescued in time." Korra sighed. "Two have been extremely dulcet, and we had to fight to get them to come with us, even after removing the collar. Now we know why..." She eyed the Netzi up. "Just for the sake of curiosity, did you know there would be this side effect to long term exposure going in, or was it just a happy little accident?"

"No. I just didn't bother to fix it when I found it during... Testing, not that I knew how anyway... But I still went through with creating it... I was too proud to even acknowledge the issue..." He shook his head.

Korra just grunted. She stopped in front of one of the doors. "Here os your new room. Space is a commodity, so it will not only also be your lab, you'll also have a roommate. One that can be a bit... eccentric."

"Oh? Is... She in now?" The Engineer asked.

Korra nodded. "From this moment on, you're a member of the resistance and will be treated fairly... with certain restrictions, of course. Please, head on in and get antiquated with your new surroundings." She smiled. "And welcome aboard. As with everyone, I thank you deeply for joining us in our fight for the equality of all peoples."

"Yeah... I'll uh... Try not to disappoint you..." He nodded, floating inside and looking around carefully.

It wasn't a terribly large room, the pair of beds and side desks taking up less space then the cage he had been in. The majority of the room was reserved for a pair of lab stations, one for science and magic, the other for parts and electronics. At the former, a Netzi floated gently in the air, looking into a microscope. "Close the door, please," she said in a squeaky, high pitched voice. "I do not want any foreign bacteria to float in and ruin my specimens..."

He seemed surprised before nodding, shutting the door behind him. "Uh... Hello."

The female Netzi's antennae twitched. "Hmm, is that a new voice I hear? No doubt the new roommate... until you tire of me." She sighed. "I'm Venasa. Venasa Clering."

"Not well liked, are you?" He asked, nodding. "Marc... Marc Merce. You... May know of me..."

Venasa flinched, and nearly knocked over the microscope with her tail when she swung around. She let out a high pitched squeal, and quickly floated over. "Is it really you? The Mr. Merce? O-or is it Dr. Merce? I-I can't keep track anymore. It is... a pleasure to meet you."

He seemed legitimately shocked. "I... It is...? I- I thought..."

Venasa cleared her throat. "Yes, you... you have done some bad things in the past. Things you need to atone for. B-but that doesn't mean your advancements in the field of mechitech and general technology haven't been... i-inspiring!"

"I... Thank you... I... I don't deserve it..." He lowered his head.

She tilted her head down. "No? Why?"

"I hurt people... I'm just a broken man running on hate... So you should hate me as well..." He looked away from her.

Venasa frowned, and placed her hands on her hips. "Well... Don Quenata owned a harem of kidnapped women and flirted with anything with a vagina and a pulse, but his music is still loved. Grendel Bachletta hated anything that wasn't human and made that known, and we still hang his art in museums. And the author of some of my favorite books, Stephan Stefanovic? The less said on his views on same sex couples, the better. But even a wicked soul can create something great. And... you have something they didn't."

"What...?" He looked up.

Venasa reached out and took his hand, rubbing it gently. "You're willing to admit your mistakes. None of those so called great men ever did. But you went through an experience that changed you. I... I-I heard how you... hurt your daughter..."

"I did... I had her own sister shoot her in the chest... Someone she grew up with..." He stopped flying and collapsed on the ground.

Venasa went down with him. She knew nothing about him, yet wrapped him in a big hug and squeezed him tightly. "I'm sorry..."

"You..." Marc chuckled sadly, looking up at her. "You're too kind... You remind me of my wife..."

"Your wife? No, no..." if Netzi could blush, Venasa would have as she floated back to her microscope, trying to busy herself to hide embarrassment. "Your wife was... was likely dignified and reserved. I-I-I'm clumsy and... well, loud."

He chuckled, "That's what the world saw. She could be a goof when she wanted..."

"Yeah?" The fellow Netzi looked back. "You wanna... tell me about her?"

"Mary Ann..." He looked off wistfully. " I met her at a Corporate party at a carnival... I was barely ten at the time... Just getting into the corporate world..." He explained. "I was looking at the animals... And I see this Female Netzi eating cotton candy beside me, getting it all over her fur... It was made for Humans so it was the size of her entire body, but she didn't care... She asked me if I wanted to share it with her... A stranger she had never met..."

"And let me guess," Venasa said with a giggle. "You said yes, and became the best of friends."

"I did. She was the light of my life... I always said she was the heart of the company." He sighed. "The Employees loved her, she even tried to see the Slaves when she could... No matter how much I told her not to... She was always able to reach people in a way I just couldn't..."

Venasa nodded, and frowned deeply. "How... exactlyndid you lose her. The papers... were pretty sparse on details."

"She was killed by... A group of disgruntled Slaves... They followed her on her way to get some things after hours, probably thinking it was me... I don't know if they ever realized it wasn't, but they obviously didn't care... They... Beat her to death..." His eyes sunk slightly. "I... They had to have thought it was me... Why else would they murder her? She treated them well..."

"I don't know." Venasa shook her head. "Slaves don't always think straight. It comes with the unhappy life of servitude. Maybe they..." She quickly trailed off an looked away.

"Maybe they what?" His eyes shot up at her.

"No, I just... I say stupid things sometimes, I... I mean... w-what if they knew it was her a-and... she was an easier target to... m-make you... ahem... s-suffer..."

"I..." He growled. "I wouldn't be surprised..."

"I'm sorry," Venasa mumbled. "Sometimes I say things without... thinking first. Did... they ever catch the ones who did it?"

"They slunk back into some rathole somewhere..." He told her. "And there were no vacancies in the workflow, so they were hiding amount me... So I just ordered the guard to arrest and interrogate all of them."

Venasa sulked down. "Do you... still hate all Thropes? Still want to see them enslaved?"

"No... But I still hate the ones who use their problems to justify the murder of whoever they want..." He told her simply.

Venasa nodded. "That I can agree with." She floated over, and rubbed his back. "Look, I... know you aren't completely here by choice. But these are all good people. You... might even come to like someone here if you give it a try."

"Well. You're a start." He smiled, "Thank you."

She nodded. "Come on. I want to show you something I've been working on. The opinion of an... an expert of your degree would be appreciated."

"Of course. Go ahead." He floated back up again.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
Sisterhood, From Love, Not Blood

Pearl was sitting at a table in the lab, coloring and drawing on a sheet of paper, it was coming out well, it was a picture of Betty, Erin, and Eliza, her new family. She smiled, holding it so so she could see better, seeming proud.

"Not bad," came a voice behind her, one starting to become more familiar. "I like the colors you used for me."

Pearl looked back, "Sister Eliza! I um... I like Purple... I think purple and red look nice together."

"Me too... but..." The demon teen stepped forward. "You forgot something. This looks like a family picture." She pointed next to herself on the picture. "Why aren't you there?"

"Oh... Well... I just got here..." Pearl told her simply.

Eliza frowned. "I... I'm sorry. I've been so busy with other things, I mist not have made you feel part of the family. Because... you are."

"I really am? Are you sure?" Pearl asked, her voice breaking slightly.

"Well... yeah, of course." Eliza ran a hand through her hair. "Sorry. I'm still not very good at this... sister thing. But... we have a few things in common, you know?"

"Oh? You're really pretty and strong. Are you sure we have something in common?" Pearl asked her, giving her a light smile.

Eliza sat next to her. "Well, yeah. We've both had a rough time. Both been kidnapped. We both... lost our parents. I don't even know who mine are. And..." She touched Pearl's nose. "We are both incredibly cute."

Pearl blushed, "I'm not cute..."

Eliza laughed. "Are you kidding?" You are... adorable. Far more then me..."

"You're awesome... Big Sis..." Pearl smiled happily, hugging Eliza.

Eliza carefully hugged her back, careful not to hurt the child with her growing strength. "You know... I had nothing planned today. And it is our day off from Mama Erin's schooling. Do you... want to spend the day together?"

She hopped up, "Yeah! What should we do? Go for a walk in the forest? Go to the pool?"

"How about... we go for a swim in the lake?" Eliza suggested. "It is a little ways away from the Manor. We would have it all to ourselves with Arale out on a mission."

Pearl hopped giddily, holding Eliza's hand, "Let's go big Sis!"

The pair dressed warmly, as the weather was starting to turn cold. Eliza smiled at her sister as they walked outside. "You... wanna fly there?"

There was a sparkle of light in the underdeveloped Thrope's eye's as she hopped on the tips of toes. "Really!? Yeah!"

"Alright." Eliza knelt down. "Climb on my back and wrap your arms around me. Don't worry, I can carry you."

Pearl nodded, trusting her and wrapping her arms and legs around her body. "Okay. I think I'm ready."

Eliza jumped into the air, flapping her wings hard to get altitude. Rather then go straight to the lake, she used an updraft to sour over the manor, circling it to get a good view. "How does it feel to fly like a bird?"

Pearl was in awe, full of childlike wonder. "This is amazing!"

Eliza giggled, remembering what it was like the first time she flew. "Wanna fly over the forest, little sister?"

"Yeah yeah!" The Nine year old girl exclaimed excitedly, "You're so amazing Eliza!"

Eliza flew low over the forest so Pearl could skim her hand over the trees. The pair spent a good half hour simply flying about before finally landed in front of the lake. Despite her strength, Eliza had built up a sweat, and wiped her brow. "Brought your swimming clothes, right?"

"Yeah. I did." Eliza held up a small bag that was puffed up with clothes. "That was so cool."

"You know it was. Find somewhere to change. I doubt there is anyone out here to peep, but you never know. I'm going to make sure the water is warm enough for us." Eliza stripped off her jacket and pants, her swimsuit on underneath, a one piece that was both cute and a bit revealing.

Pearl quickly found a place that wasn't too far away, with a little privacy, quickly throwing her swimming wear on and her outfit off. When she came out she was wearing a cute little white onesie, "Do you like it? Amam bought it for me."

"Adorable. Simply... the cutest. I really am jealous." Eliza poked a toe in the lake. "Still a bit too cold." She knlet down and sent a flurry of fire breath across the surface. Testing it again, she smiled and said, "Perfect. How does it feel to you?"

Pearl jumped in, the water splashing, "Hehe. Feels pretty good."

Eliza jumped in herself, making a big splash with a cannon ball. She swam under the water and lifted Pearl up on her shoulders. "Feels pretty great!"

"Careful! Pokey horns." The little Thrope girl hung onto them.

Eliza's smile faded a bit. "You... you're really lucky, you know?"

Pearl seemed to understand what she meant. "Yeah... I... I'm glad Amam was so nice to me... But I'm not really lucky. My Mom is gone. Bad people made me do things..."

Eliza's eyes widened for a moment. "They made you... do bad things?"

"Um... Yeah..." She cast her gaze down, "Mr. Merce and My Momma... He stopped anyone from... Doing bad things to me... But he wasn't always around... And Momma..."

Eliza lifted her up and placed her in the water. "Momma... w-what?"

"Momma left... She was sold..." Pearl lost her energy.

Eliza lowered her head. Maybe it was better to never know her mother then to know her and lose her. She swam forward and hugged the young girl before her. "I... I will never leave you. No matter what. And even if we find her someday and you leave to go back to her, I will always be your big sister."

Pearl snuggled her head into Eliza, a soft smile returning to her face. "Thank you... You're so nice to me..."

Eliza chuckled. "That's what sisters are supposed to do, right?" She released Pearl and swam back a bit. "You know what else they're supposed to do?"

"What?" She giggled.

"They splash each other!" Eliza sent a big splash at her little sister.

The undeveloped Thrope girl covered her eyes, she quickly shot back with a splash of her own, laughing happily. "You butt! Take this!"

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The pair played for hours, splashinng, swimming, amd practicing throws in the safety of the water. When they were finally down, they dried off at a large fire Eliza built for them at the water's edge. Nearly dry, Eliza simply smiled at the young girl, not saying anything, deep on thought.

"That was fun..." Pearl shook herself off, "I know what we should do next! We should go looking for animals! Maybe we can find out my Affinity!"

"Sure!" Eliza grinned. "I like hunting. What... kind of animals do you like?"

Pearl hopped up an down, stopping a shrugging, "I don't know! Mr. Merce told me no animals. Only the animals he bought for me."

"Oh?" Eliza started to put on her clothes and jacket. "What kinda animals were those? Probably something weird, huh?"

"Yeah. Weird stuff he bought... Some of them were kinda scary..." Pearl looked around for any movement, standing on her tippy toes. "Like a... Man-tis... Or a um... Gha... Gha-rial? It was like... A big lizard with a pokey face."

"Strange. Guess he was trying to change you into something exotic. But let's try and and change you into something you'll like."

Eliza watched over the girl while she changed, and they headed into the forest. Eliza was true to her word, and within minutes, had caught a rat, a mouse, a rabbit, and a squirrel, keeping them in various pockets and showing them off one at a time. "How do you like these. I believe mama Erin calls them all, um... ro-dants."

"Oooh." Pearl pointed to the Rabbit, "This one's like Mama Erin."

The small girl gently reached forward to touch the rabbit, rubbing it's head lightly.

It looked up at her, wiggling its nose. Its wiskers tickled. "Do you... feel anything towards it?" Eliza asked.

Pearl smiled, "He's super cute... I like him... But... I dunno... What's it supposed to feel like?"

Eliza frowned. "I don't know. I guess... something really special. If you don't feel it right away, I guess it isn't the rabbit." She placed it down. "Maybe we should look for something else. Like a tiger. Or a bear. Or a... bird?"

"A bird? Mmm... No..." The Small Thrope suddenly saw something moving in the bushes beside her, she focused on it before seeing another bunny poke it's head out, partially concealed, it's fur fluffy and white. "Oh... Another Bunny..."

Eliza jumped into the air, disappearing into the trees. A minute later, she dove into the bush, grabbing the rabbit.

Suddenly the rabbit felt, lighter, when Eliza looked it's neck had inflated, puffing up to look almost like a noblewoman's ruff all around it's neck. It was almost hard to keep a hold of, that's when she noticed something even stranger, this rabbit... Had... Antlers? Two small light brown antlers, much like that of a deer, poked from it's head as it tried to escape from Eliza's grasp with it's floatyness.

Eliza did her best to hold on to it as she walked over to her sister. "What... tch... what is this thing?"

"Ooo... I love her." Pearl cuddled the rabbit, the animal soothing a little. Looking at it better, Eliza could tell it was a decent bit bigger than the other rabbits, up to the little girl's knees from toe to head.

Eliza smiled. "You... wanna bring it home? Keep it as a pet maybe?"

Pearl rubbed it's cheek lightly, it's neck slowly unpuffing to fully reveal it's large pair of fluffy, pointed ears, tipped with a slight bit of pink. "Hi... My name is Pearl... This is Eliza..."

The Strange Rabbit squeaked, sniffing her hand before playfully nibbling on a finger, making Pearl giggle.

Eliza knew she should wait until they were told it was okay, but she couldn't help say, "You should name it." She tilted her head to see if it was male or female.

It was clearly a female, no dangly bunny parts to be seen. Pearl smiled brightly, "I'll name you CottonBall! No Velvet! Velvet CottonBall!"

"CottonBall... I like it..." Eliza held out her hands. "I'll carry her while you hold onto my back."

"Okay..." She picked up her clothes, "It's okay Velvet, Eliza here has got you, it'll be fun!"

Eliza took the creature and bent over. Once Penny was on board, they were on their way back to the manor.

In the lab, Erin tilted her head. "A... jackalope? I didn't even know there were any around here. Where did you find it?"

"She was just... In a bush, I think she was looking at us." Pearl said, the Jackalope puffing up and inflating it's neck, something Erin had only ever read about before. A trait of a species even rarer than even the rare Jackalope, the Marshmallow Jackalope? A sub species that inflates it's air sacks in it's throat with air, allowing it to bounce and glide for much more distance.

"Amazing..." Erin rubbed her chin. "And you want to keep it as a pet?" She raised an eyebrow at the young girl. "Having a pet is a lot of responsibility. Do you think you can handle it?"

"Well. Mama Erin has pets. She's like your pets, you can teach me how to take good care of her." Pearl smiled, rubbing the side of the Jackalope, relaxing it and causing it's air sacks to deflate once more.

Erin smiled. "Well... this is a rare opportunity. So why not." She rubbed Pearl's head. She looked at Eliza and mouthed 'Good job'."

Betty smiled excitedly, having heard the conversation from a little ways away, coming up from the back. "Hey you two. I heard everyzhing. She's so cute!"

Pearl nodded, "Her name is Princess Velvet CottonBall!"

"We found her while spending the day together," Eliza stated with a big smile.

"You're all so cute..." Betty rubbed her adoptive children's heads. "You're growing up so fast..."

Eliza nodded, and turned to Pearl. "Come on, let's go show Velvet off to Aemilia. She is gonna be so jealous!"

As they were leaving Betty wrapped her arms around Erin excitedly, looking up at her. "ERIN! Do you zhink? Are you zhinking the same thing I'm zhinking?"

Erin nodded and laughed. "Are you think she might have found the animal she aligns to?"

"Yeah! Of course!" Betty squealed, "She'll be like... A-A Puffy Bunny Deer!"

Erin nudged her lover. "Afraid she'll be more of a rare Thrope then you?"

Betty's smiled dropped suddenly thinking about all the problems that arose because of the rarity of her own affinity. "Yeah... I-I zhink I am..."

Erin picked up on it, and rubbed Betty's arm. "Nothing will happen to her. I swear to you."

"We have to make sure of it..." Betty sighed.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Midday at the Manor was going by slowly for Esmeralda as she sat alone in her room. Her favorite pastime was doing very little for her as she read the same few lines of her book over and over again, unable to concentrate. She knew why. She just didn’t want to admit it.

“Charter,” she whispered to herself. Since he had returned, the pair had spent more and more time together. It was like they were dating for the first time all over again. She even found herself starting to forgive him. But did she want that? Did she want to forgive him for betraying her. So many conflicting thoughts cycled through her head, and it was overwhelming. Emotions ran rampant, unchecked and conflicting,and she found herself dropping her book to the side, curling up and rocking back and forth. It was then that she heard a familiar voice in her head.

“Dear? Your emotions are all over the place? Are you okay?” Xelia psied into her head.

“Yeah… n-no…” Es shook her head. “I can’t take it anymore! People are nice to me here while others watch me with suspicion. I want to forgive Charter but I want to hate him. I feel guilty for some actions and wonder why for others. And… a-and… I want to see you! I want to be with you! It isn’t fair! Why can’t they understand that you love me?!”

“I… Because I'm not a good person… And because of who I work for… but I do love you Esmeralda, I care about you…” Xelia told her honestly. “That's why I'm coming to free you… Today…”

Esmeralda slowly nodded. “Some… some people… are going to get hurt, aren’t they?”

She heard a long sigh. “I'll give them a chance to let me have you peacefully, but when that doesn't work, I'll try to minimize any injuries. But remember, they'll be trying to kill me.”

“Of… of course. But I don’t think I can get out of the building alone…” Esmeralda lowered her head. “Mags… I need her to help me escape.”

“Of course.” Xelia told her, after a few moments, the Sheep made her way inside.

Mags smiled, giving Es a light wave. “So… I guess it's today then…”

“And remember. I'll be coming to help you myself.” Xelitha’qha reassured.

Down in the labs, Erin fiddled with the last of the projects she was working on that day. “I was thinking about heading to Themosa to visit some old colleagues,” she said to Betty. “And… m-maybe looking into some… other things…”

“What other things?” Betty asked, curiously.

“Just… some things I need to clear up…” Erin cleared her throat. “Anyway, did you want to come with me?”

“Of course. Too many zhings could happen there in Themosa… Especially with all zhis turmoil.” Betty looked her in the eyes. “Eliza can stay here and watch Pearl.”

Erin smiled at her. “Yeah… best they stay far away from Themosa, considering…”

“Erin!” A hunter named Trent burst through the door. “Betty! We’ve got trouble!”

The Fly quickly looked over, “Huh? What's going on?”

“Hooded men outside the manor,” Trent told them. “Eraqus is out there with what hunters didn’t go to Helvan. We need you two up there just in case.”

“Hooded men… outside the front?” Erin asked, and Trent nodded. Erin’s eyes widened and she turned to Betty. “Esmeralda!”

“We've got to hurry!” Betty quickly grabbed her gauntlet and pistol along her way towards the door.

Towards the back of the manor, several C-rank hunters slowly backed up as Mags and Es approached. “Stop!” one of them yelled. “She isn’t allowed to leave! I said stop!”

“Look. Just walk away. It'll be easier for all of us.” Mags told him, pulling out her harp. “She doesn't want to be locked up here anymore.”

The hunters all looked at each other in confusion, not understanding why Mags was helping her, but all rushed her at once. They suddenly slammed into an invisible psychic wall put up by Esmeralda. “Do it, friend,” the Light Elf said.

Mags quickly strummed her harp, the faint green magic wrapping around them and putting entering their ears. As each of them dropped unconscious one after another, the pair strolled out unperturbed. That is, at least, until Betty and Erin quickly ran in their path. “That trick won’t work on us,” Erin warned, pointing her wand at the sheep woman. “I don’t know why you’re doing this, but you must stop now.”

“Can't you see how miserable she is!? Please. Move out of the way. I don't want to hurt you two…” Magdalene pleaded.

Erin glanced over at Betty. “What do you think? Mind control? Think we can take them both… without hurting either of them in the process?”

“I don't know. Mags. You can fight whatever zhis is. Just let her go.” Betty stepped forward

“Just… Step aside…” Mags repeated. “Why won't you two let her decide for herself? Why won't you stop trying to make decisions for her?”

“Because someone is influencing your ability to make your own decisions.” Erin shook her head. “Sorry… but this is going to hurt.” She lifted a chunk of earth up and magically threw it at the sheep woman.

It smashed into another invisible wall, and Esmeralda stepped forward, her skin darkening, her hair completely black. “You’re right… this is going to hurt.” She fired a psychic pulse that sent the rabbit woman flying.

Betty quickly apts to release the air from her weapon, turning it into just a pair of metal knuckles, “Es stop… You don't want me to hit you with this…”

“You won't get the chance…” Mags revealed her large scythe. “I'll make sure to only aim for your legs.

The Sheep rushed forward, going for her legs like she had said, but Betty quickly blocked with her gauntlet, clenching her teeth from the impact. Betty tried to quickly grab her leg and throw her to the ground. Succeeding, Mags rolled back, checking on Es and Erin.

Erin tried grabbing Esmeralda with the ground, bt it was hard to judge and make an attack that was strong enough to not be blasted away by her psychic powers but not so strong that she seriously injured the pregnant woman. She switched to wind magic, and the two locked powers, pushing back and forth with invisible forces. Erin was surprised to find she was quickly losing the struggle. “Stop this before someone is killed!”

“Why don't you stop!” Mags loaded her sling, swinging the leather sleeve over her head before releasing a rock a bullet like speed towards Erin. Betty quickly tried to defend her girlfriend, but the rock drifted low, striking her in the chest, the sound of bones breaking filling the air.

“Betty!” Erin sent a fireball at Mags in anger, likely stronger then she would have otherwise.

The Sheep's eyes widened, pressing her feet into the ground and trying to dodge backwards, but the tail end of the explosion still catching her, singeing her wool and throwing her hard into the wall, forcing the air out of her lungs.

Erin ran over to knock her out, only to find herself getting heavier and heavier. She dropped to her hands and knees, looking to the side to see Esmeralda holding her down with her powers. “Mags! Finish her off,” Es yelled angrily.

Betty quickly ran out to try to tackle Es to the ground, trying to leverage her arm and avoid her stomach hitting the floor, this gave the Elf time to maneuver however. Meanwhile Mags wrapped her sling around Erin’s throat, trying to use the leather strip to choke her out.

A staff flew into Mags’ head, not strong enough to kill but enough to disorient her from strangling the bunny. “I can say I am very cranky right now. No… I am angry.” A familiar voice said loudly. Jay walked down towards the fight, his missing eye glowing from an orb within and his magical light arm extending into a blade. A couple dozen orbs floated behind him, some showing the pain he felt at his friends fighting. “Hunters are fighting outside, my best friend or her lover, who was becoming a friend of mine, are probably dead, with a nice pile of emotional strife with my wife. Magdalene… please… if you must fight someone… fight me.” The staff flew back into his hand, as he readied himself for combat.

Mags pushed Erin off, “Jay! Please. I'm just trying to get Esmeralda out of here! I don't want to fight anyone! Please, remember our conversation, If I'm really your friend, please help me!”

The Light Elf gritted his teeth, as he went rigid. He stared at her, his mind running through every option he had. He slowly shook his head. “You, Betty, Erin… you’re my family, my sisters. I… I owe no loyalty to Es, but… if it were against any other group of people, anyone other than family… I… I'm sorry, but you'll have to kill me if you want to take Esmeralda away.” Edan said sadly, a solitary tear streaking down his face, contrasting the rueful smile he had. “So… pretend it's sparring and come at me with everything you got, okay?”

“No! Please Jay! How long do you think I'll last against the three of you?” Mags pleaded, her hair smoldering lightly.

“Don't listen to her Jay. She's under some kind of control.” Betty added.

“You don't even know that! You just assume that whenever someone doesn't do what you think is right, that something is wrong! Is it so hard to accept I'm doing this because Es is suffering being trapped here!? Or do you know what's best for me too!?” Magdalene fought back with anger.

Sancros’ staff slammed into the ground as his expression darkened. “Enough.” He said quietly, his only eye glaring at all who were present, settling on Esmerelda. “You. Go back and wait. As much as you aren't enjoying your time here, you are hurting your friends, your family by your actions today. Believe me, I understand having two different reactions to a situation. Most slaves do. Hell, I'll even teach you how to manage your dark side with the Light you have. Your only cost is going back.” He tilted his head, a more tired smile settling on his face. “And before you use psychic measures against me, just know the feedback from me will hurt you. Just a friendly warning.”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
“Jay… You'd really side with them?” Mags seemed legitimately hurt. “You understand what's it's like. Let her make her own choice! And what about me? I'll be locked up beside her if they catch me!”

“So either go with you and betray everyone here, which would include my wife and those who I consider family, or… I betray you. You know, putting me in a situation that has no happy endings is a cruel thing to do to someone who would fight and die for you.” Sancros said softly, his showing a glimpse of how damaged he was. “As for knowing what it's like… this isn't even close to as brutal as I would've gotten. She's pampered. I was whipped until my back was bloody and raw. She gets a cut, she's treated almost immediately. I was left to die by infection. Can you see the fucking difference, Mags? She's not enslaved here.”

“Oh they'll get over it! Erin hit me with a fireball!” The Sheep rolled her eyes.

“Enough, please!” Esmeralda held her head. “It’s true, okay? Mags doesn’t realize it, but her actions aren’t completely her own. Please… be good to her. But I can’t stay here anymore… my mother is calling for me!” She suddenly made a break for the exit, rising a psychic wall behind herself. “Xelia! Help me!”

Mags quickly stepped in front to cover her exit, pulling of her harp. “I don't know what she's talking about. But you're not getting past me.”

The Sheep pumped magic into her instrument, perforating the room with an overclocked sleeping effect, slamming hard into the three hunters.

Sancros fell to his knees, his eyes barely open. With base control he had over his staff he sent it flying at Mags, unable to judge or control how quick it would slam into Mags. “This… hurts… me…”

It rammed into her stomach like a missed, knocking her off her feet and ceasing the magic effect for just a moment. Betty quickly took this opportunity, standing up and quickly running into range, spraying her basilisk venom towards the Sheep. However, Mags quickly countered with a gust of wind, dispersing the attack as she tried to get back up on her feet.

Erin coughed and rubbed her neck, then sent a chunk of earth at Mags, aiming for her harp. It slammed into the instrument, not breaking it but knocking it far out of her hands. The Sheep screamed in frustration, rushing at them with her Scythe.

“Jay! Keep her busy! Erin! We're going after Es!” Betty told them, grabbing her side and rushing past the Sheep.

Sancros rushed her, using his Light arm to counter the scythe blade to blade. “You're going to have to kill me, sister, if you want to protect Esmeralda. There is no other way.” Sancros whispered, his only eye peering into hers. “Or you can stop, and we can just… what's the term… hug it out.”

“Fine…” Mags grinded her black Scythe into his arm. “I hate traitors…”

“I love you, sis.” Edan said quietly, shaking his head. His staff activated it's fire crystal as it charged at Mags’ back, intent on ending the fight in a single blow.

Mags launched off of his arm with her legs, landing behind the staff and putting it towards him faster with her weapon. It was clear that some of her athletic ability from her transformation was present even when not transformed.

The Light elf moved his magical arm in front of him as well as attempting to slow down his staff. The impact was still enough to send him tumbling down to the ground. However, using the orbs he had conjured before walking down into what he considered a futile situation, he shot several orbs at Mags, the first one nicking her cheek, while the others seemed to be crippling attacks rather than outright trying to kill her.

Quickly trying to block them all they cut into her arms, splashing blood over the ground, leaving her almost unable to hold her weapon. She began to breathe heavily, unsure of what to even do anymore, especially without Baphomet's help. “You… You…”

Sancros got up, his eye full of concern. “Stop… I… I don't want to hurt you anymore. Just… drop your weapon. This… this doesn't have to escalate.” He pleaded, as he got back into a fighting stance, his staff floating behind him.

Her eyes darted around in a panic, having only a single option she could think of available to her now. “M… Methos! Help me! Please!” She screamed towards the heavens.

A portal suddenly appeared, Methos stepping out of it. She looked at Jay angrily, but suddenly glanced at Mags. “You… I sense…” She held a hand towards Mags. “Please… sleep until I fix this…”

“W-What… no… I…” Her eyes dropped, struggling to stay awake.

“I know it is confusing. But there is a struggle within you. Bephomet would not be fighting otherwise.” Fearing she would never be forgiven, Methos intensified her ability. “Please, just sleep for no. It will all be better when you wake up.”

The Sheep suddenly collapsed, falling to the ground tired and unconscious.

Several light orbs floated over to the Sheep trying to repair the damage done to her. “Thanks. Though I suppose you're debating what to do with me, correct?”

Methos looked over. “Depends on what you intend to do with her.”

“Imprison her, give her a slave’s life… what do you think?! I'm going to reverse what's been done to her.” Sancros raised an eyebrow, moving his hand to trace several glyphs in the air.

Methos nodded. “Very well.” She lifted the sheep woman and headed back towards the manor. “Let us see what can be done.”

Outside the manor, close to the forest, Esmeralda slowed to a stop, panting heavily. “Xelia! W-where are you?! I need your help!”

She found the hooded figures surrounded by what looked to be unconscious guards, Xelia noticing Es immediately and floating over to embrace her in her arms. “Dear? I'm sorry. I had to deal with these fools. I have forces distracting the majority of them if we leave now we can avoid any more fighting.”

Suddenly an arrow hit Xelia back, when she turned around she saw Charter with a bow in his hand a shield on his back and two swords on him.” Yea i’m afraid your forces are being dealt with, my sister and Eraqus along with my wolves are currently beating the crap out of your pathetic cult.” Charter put the bow down and looked at Esmerelda.” Es what in the gods name do you think your doing?”

“S-stay out of this, Charter,” Esmeralda said. “I’m leaving with Xelia and you can’t stop me.”

Xelitha'qha groaned in pain, removing the arrow with her psychic powers. “You… You insolent little… You heard her. We're leaving.”

“Yea i’m not letting that happen,Es do you really think these people care for you? There using you look what they made you do, killing innocent people your own brother poisoning our baby with there faul corruption. Your telling me you would rather go back to that then stay with us, with people that care about you!”

“I… I’m sorry, Charter.” Tears rolled down Esmeralda’s cheeks. “There is no easy choice here. But… but I have to go. I don’t expect you to understand. I don’t fully understand it myself. Just please, stay out of the way. I don’t want you to get hurt”

“He should understand. Considering he left you when you needed him most. After cheating on you.” The Illithid reminded. “You people don't care about her as much as you claim.”

“I left to get stronger, and prevent this from happening.” Charter pulled out his sword and shield, he looked at his shield for a moment and smiled. “You know it’s been a long time since I had a challenge, Es you heard what I did to find you. I told you imagine what i’m willing to do keep you.” Charter put his shield on his back and pulled out his other sword. “ Just so you know, I will not let you, your pathetic god or any being in this world or the one after take Es and my baby from me.”

“Enough. I don't have time for this.” Xelia grabbed Es’s shoulder and propelled herself away with Psychic force, a number of black robed figures exiting from the forest to block Charter’s path.

Charter rolled his eyes.” Ou please do you have any idea how many of you I killed today?” Charter ran to the cultist as they swung at Charter Charter used one of his swords to block the attack and use his other sword to slit one’s throat.

However when the blade struck it passed through, shearing the hood off the figure to reveal a headless corpse, a green floating rune where it's head should’ve been. The flesh was grey and dull, like it had been dead for a long long time. It was then the emblem glowed, throwing him back with invisible energy. “These are my personal minions. My Watchers. Conduits for my psychic power. I don't need to be near you to fight you.”

“How inconvenient, so Es this is what you would rather be around some who uses the corpses of others to do her bidding. If this was the crowd of people you wanted to be around, then you should have joined Alice, at least she was straight forward with what she wanted and didn't manipulate.

“I never said I was a good person.” The voice spoke out from nowhere, knives psychically being launched at him from under the figure’s robes.

Charter used his swords to deflect the knives coming at him.”Ou please your gonna need more than that to beat me!” Charter used his sword cutting through the chest of the undead body, Charter started to cut down the other undead headless beings.” Es this is what you want huh, to be another monster, like this woman have you ever thought about your real family. What your actual mother would think about all of this, what would she think about you doing this, hell she will probably die of shock looking at your right now. Or your father who wanted more from you or your little sister, do you think if any of them saw you doing this they would be proud to call you their daughter!” Charter said while slicing another minion.

“Let her make her own decisions for once you fool! She's her own person!” A Watcher Psied out with Xelia’s voice, lifting him up with mental energy and slamming him for into the ground like a ragdoll.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
A fireball blasted into the back of the watcher, Erin running up with Betty “Don’t bother, Charter. “We’ll just beat these guys, beat Xelia, and sort everything else out later.” She launched a fireball through the chest of another watcher.

“Ou no this is a family matter I want Es to know who she hurts with what she’s doing.” Charter quickly rushed Xelia his swords were hitting a invisible wall.” Tell me what do you plan to do with Es, what does your worthless god want with my woman and our baby!”

Xelia forced him back. “I want to get her away from you! She's my daughter! I promised her I wouldn't hurt you too much, but it looks like I have little choice!”

Erin sent another corpse flying back, and glanced at Betty. “What do you think? Us versus the minion of an Old One. Unlikely to win, or very unlikely to win?”

Suddenly the air got cold chilling a loud roar could be heard all over the manner,suddenly a large ice construct of a dragon flew down and breathed ice on the minions freezing them in place. The construct looked at Betty and Erin growling at them.

Erin backed up. “I… sure hope that’s on our side…”

Betty joined her in backing up as Xelia’s eyes widened. The Illithid radiating power, “I am leaving with Esmeralda. No matter what you do.”

The construct roared, and ice spikes launched from its chest hitting a barrier but the dragon lunged itself at Xelia it’s head hitting Xelia, the cold slowly freezing Xelia.” Keep her busy Elma, I’ll get Esmerelda.”

The Eldritch creature forced it back, holding it in place with power. Xelia then turned towards Erin tendrils of mental energy tearing out of hers hand and forcing it's way into her head. Her application was all brute Force, punching past any resistance in mere seconds and the Illithid wrenched control of her mind from her. “Erin! Melt that Dragon!”

Erin tried to struggle, but her body moved on it’s own as she sent a stream of fire towards the dragon. “I… can’t… stop! Betty! Knock me out!”

Betty tried to reach the Rabbit, however she felt herself launched towards Xelia, the Illithid putting her between her and Charter's blade, using her as a Human Shield. “Are you willing to cut her in half to kill me?”

“Really is that the best you got.” Charter yelled for Elma help when Xelia turned to look at the dragon she saw it and Erin clashing with each other, the moment her guard was down Charter quickly moved past Betty and plunger his sword into Xelia hitting her multiple times before she could bake away.” Come now don’t tell me that all you got because that nowhere near to take my family from me.” Charter quickly getting close to the woman again.

But Xelia didn't seem hurt, “You brutes will never learn… Why do you think I didn't move Betty to block that?”

The Image of Betty disappeared and faded back into view exactly where Charter had gone for his slashes, revealing deep cuts across the chest of the helpless woman. “Any more Ideas? I promised I wouldn't kill anyone.”

Charter looked unphased by Betty and what he did to her.” If you think that would phase me your wrong, I tortured you worthless cult. And I told Esmerelda I would do whatever it took to get her back, I will help Betty later but I have a few surprises left.”

“Charter!” Even as she was controlled to fight the dragon, Erin cried out, “Don’t kill Betty or you’ll pay for it!”

Xelia looked over, waving the limb Betty around. “Even I'm surprised at your heartlessness… This is about survival for me now…”

A bolt of water sped towards her as a familiar Light Elf mage approached. “You… you're the one who made me hurt a member of my family. You die painfully.” He said in a monotone voice, kneeling down as he did so. Moments later, a giant blob formed in the sky with an unnatural feel to it. Out of the mass came wings, a tail and claws. The corrupted image of a dragon flew down at Xelia, intending to smash her to bits with one of it's claws.

“Another Dragon!?” Xelia sent out a wave of psychic energy in all directions, piercing the minds of all those she could see and forcing them to their knees. “Enough! I… Always… Survive…”

She could kill them, she could just pop their heads, but Esmeralda would never forgive her. The Eldritch Creature grumbled, pulling Betty close, her tendrils invading any opening they could find on her head, ears, nose, mouth: probing her mind for information. “I'm leaving… If I see any of you make a move, your friend here becomes a vegetable! And only I know how to fix her! The next will be Charter, then Erin, then the Elf!”

“Please…” Esmeralda held her hands together. “Too much pain has been caused today over me.” She looked at Charter. “You say you love me. But I need time. Xelia… Xelia will let me return if I choose too. Let me go. Give me time. I don’t want anyone else hurt over me.”

“Have you lost your mind!” Charter yelled.” Do you really think she will let you go, have you forgotten who her master is he will never let you go until you give birth to our child and sacrifice it. I would rather see you and our child die than you have you and it sacrificed and thrown to the wayside so he can kill us all.” Please Es we can fix this, it’s salvageable we both said we will do better for our family giving up and willing to be corrupted and made into a martyr is not the way to do that!” Charter pleaded with Esmeralda.

Es sighed, and floated up a few feet. “I’m going to get out of here, Xelia. Head north. Please join me when I’ve gotten a good enough headstart on them.” She sent out a blast of energy that knocked all the hunters down. “Do what you must,” she added, and flew off to the north.

“N-no…” Erin collapsed, the strain of fighting the dragon construct weighing on her.

Xelia’s tendrils inside the Thrope’s head glowed with energy, however she suddenly saw something running up from the Manor, something she didn't expect to see. A little girl with pale skin and fear in her eyes; Pearl. “Leave my Momma alone! Put her down!”

“You have got to be…” Xelia shook her head, caring little for the girl. “Get out of my way… It's not worth my time to hurt a child…”

“Heh… heh… haha…” Sancros started laughing, as he struggled to peer at Xelia from his downed position. “I believe if you don't… release Betty now and run the fuck away, that girl will kill you. Four Hells, she could kill any of us good fighters… seeing that she’s not Mortal. But go on… try your luck with something that killed Seclevar’s mother.”

“Please… I just read Betty's mind… I know the difference between this Pearl and Aemilia, your clay doll girl.” The Creature said back up and preparing to leave with Betty as Pearl finally reached her, trying to wrench Betty away from her tendrils.

“Get off her!” Pearl shouted, digging into the ground.

“Enough!” Xelia pushed her back with a blast of force, sending Pearl down to the ground. “Stupid girl!”

“Don’t you hurt her!” Eliza flew forward, her hand on fire as she swung her fist at Xelia’s face.

This one Xelia too much more seriously, leveraging Betty once more to try to block the attack, knowing if it landed it would likely kill her. “Don't even think about it!”

The Corruption Dragon roared, it's rage almost a palpable physical thing. “Release Betty back to us with all of her faculties… Or do you think you can defend against two Incredibly powerful mages and a Demon? Not to mention Dragons that can't be killed by your powers. What's it to be... Xelia?”

Xelia growled, frustrated as she tried to stall to allow Es to gain distance on the Manor. She didn't notice however the small hand that had crawled her way and latched onto her leg. Looking down, Xelia once more saw Pearl, rage and sadness colored her face. She was unconcerned until she noticed a flash of blue spark up in the girl’s eyes, a flash of bright magic exploding up Xelia's leg. Shards of Ice bit into her weak body, tearing flesh apart as Xelia was forced to drop the Fly Thrope.

The Psychic let out a painful, mental scream that filled the ears of everyone, incapacitating them as she scanned the battlefield quickly. Seriously injured from this unexpected magical attack, Xelia launched herself away from the ground with her power, speeding away as a trail of black blood ran down her legs and back, splattering the ground behind her. Betty meanwhile hit the ground with a soft thud, unconscious and losing a lot of blood now.

Charter went to Betty and layed down plenty of potions to heal her wounds. Elma finally came outside and saw her brother.” Charter are you…”

“I don’t care anymore, know this Sis if Es is corrupted I will not think twice on cutting her down. And putting her in the ground, if she’s not it is what it is.” Charter walked to the manor his body looked like a broken man.

Erin dropped to Betty’s side, supplementing the potions with her own magic. She smiled sadly at the two girls. “You two did good.” She looked back at Betty. “Can you hear me? Are… a-are you… still with us?”

She twitched lightly, moving her head left and right. “E-Erin? Did we win…?”

Erin slowly shook her head. “No… but don’t worry about that. Let’s… worry about healing and getting Es back later…”

“I love you Erin…” She looked over. “Pearl? Eliza?”

The Small girl huffed tiredly, but still ran over to hug her adoptive Mother, tears in her eyes. Eliza did the same, sobbing softly out of fear and relief.

Black0ut

A Very Dark Conclusion (Set before the attack on the manor)

The evening sky was cool and calm, with no hint of danger or strife. Sancros walked down his path, his eye darker with dread. He knew he would be able to relax, (He had gone to the nurse who helped Sylvie give birth and asked her to take care of Jasmine for a few days) but truthfully, he did need to relax, as his mental state coupled, with the hole in his heart that Sylvie had put in him, was too much for him to bear. He smiled at the idea of lazily relaxing in a town, doing whatever fit his fancy.

There was one problem however: his information network had detected a mole, and while he normally just had them killed by other informants, Sylvie's transformation had made him lock his feelings a bit, making him cold to everything save his daughter and his would-be wife. If he hurt the man, he reasoned, perhaps he could regain his feelings again. The horse he had bought brought him to the gates of a city. The walls to defend it were large, lined with a couple of archers, but mostly empty as this was not a time of war for them. His red jacket covered his torso hiding the gray shirt, and his neat, charcoal-colored pants seemed to be old, almost as if the Light Elf hadn't worn it in some time.

A guard dressed in iron armor approached and eyed him warily. "Sancros. What evil are you pla-"

"Nothing. I merely wish to shop."

"We both know many men and women have died at your hands..." He growled, as he motioned for a couple other guards to approach.

"If you can prove it, I'll happily accept whatever punishment you deem. If not... Get out of the way." Sancros replied, a cold and cruel smile on his face.

"I will have you on that executi-"

"Goodbye, Dave." The Light Elf floated off his horse, flying above the guard post and entered the city proper. It took a minute for him to locate the building he needed to get to, but he first had to lose his pursuers. Dropping to the ground, he started walking, before he rounded a corner. He immediately jumped into action, making his limp far more pronounced as he flipped his jacket inside out, the red turning to a gray jacket that seemed to have cuts carefully around it. Dirty water floated over to him, smudging his face while another water orb brought a hat from a nearby stall. Sancros quickly ripped the top of the hat off, his guise complete: a stock-standard beggar whose leg was clearly broken.

He had to contain a smirk as the guards who trailed him walked past not paying him any attention, keeping his eyes hopeless and broken, his expression sorrowful. He walked in the opposite direction, walking past a girl that reminded him of his own daughter. She seemed like she was seven, but held a look that reminded him of his own childhood. Hurrying past her in order to both get farther from the guards and avoid the girl who reminded him of his past, he quickly bypassed the city streets for alleyways, staying off of the main thorough ways, but despite his busy schedule, a few unfortunate pieces of garbage were taken care of, their corpses hidden by the trash that surrounded them, holes through their heads that seeped blood onto their knives and makeshift weapons.

He personally loathed what he would do, some part of him, more than likely the good part hated what he was slowly becoming, but he had made a promise to Ahusirra or Scathatch as she called herself: He would stand in her way. And given his intelligence agency was ripe to be turned into something better, he knew it would only be a matter of time before he would bring it to bear against her. He knew what he had to do. He would kill some of the Maiden Trees and with his strength, he would recruit powerful allies to do so. But, he figured, should he try to do it alone, it would be suicide and idiocy.

The girl had followed him and yet, he made no moves to disuade her from continuing to do so. Perhaps it was because he felt some connection to her, perhaps it was because he had stopped caring ages ago. Whatever the reason he pressed on, knowing his plan to bring Ahusirra would take twenty to thirty years to come to fruition. He needed to get his head out of the clouds and with a gentle smack from his staff, he sped up a bit, his destination not that far away.

Eventually, he made his way to a storefront: a butcher shop that had a decent following, but one that didn't expose it to too many customers. Entering he briefly nodded at the butcher before entering the back. It held a small room that had some clothing along with a robe. Putting on the new garments, he entered a side door, revealing a fairly large room where a Human man was chained up. His face was bloodied, his shirt was torn, and one of his legs appeared to be broken. The room was well insulated, with a drain in the middle of the room. The only furnishings was a chair the man stood on, and a table that held many shiny tools. Also there was a woman, his second in command, who was gifted with magic.

"Mr. Chu is ready for your... talk, Eight." She said softly, having already noticing his arrival.

"Thank you, Two." Sancros replied, looking at her. "Did he tell you who he sold us out to?"

"Would I be here if he did?"

"Fair enough. Just wanted to check. Better to be safe than sorry." Sancros held up his hands timidly, his eye hiding the insincerity of that action.

He approached the man, offering him a smile. "Hello! How is your day going so far, dear sir?"

"Fucking... dandy..." The man growled, his words dripping with venom.

"Well, do you know how to make it better? I'll tell you: if you tell us who you've talked to, we'll break some bones, but you'll get to live. If you don't, which will be a bit of a downer... well, meat has to go somewhere." The Light Elf said cheerily, his smile widening into a more creepy version.

"I don't talk to Fucktards." The Man shook his head before spitting out a wad of blood onto Sancros' shoes.

"Okay! First things first, I killed your brother. You know, the thirteen year-old." Sancros smiled, the evilness in his soul seemingly rising up to the surface.

"W-what?"

"I killed your brother because he pleaded for you. And because I'm nice, I went all out for his funeral. An unmarked grave outside of your hometown. A close casket service was required because he wouldn't stop crying and that annoyed me."

"N-no-"

"See? Betraying the Informants has costs... now, before the predictable outb-"

"You Bastard! James wasn't even involved!" The man screamed as he tried to kick at Sancros.

"It really doesn't even matter to me." Sancros smiled, the only visible thing that the hood showed, as he grabbed the man's leg and squeezed. The former Informant screamed out in pain as Sancros slowly asked in an amused tone, "Are you going to work against the Informants after you leave their employ?"

"I... hate... you..." The man growled out, his good leg striking Sancros' head, nearly moving the hood back to reveal his eyes, only stopped by some quick magic.

"Shame... guess torture is the only way you'll learn." The Light Elf drawled, kicking the chair out from under him. He went over to the table as the man cried out in pain, grabbing a couple knives, a clamp, and a sword. Returning, the Light Elf merely shrugged. "You going to apologize?"

"I'll do anything, just stop!"

"Too bad you had to sell us all out... I did say I would let you go, not in what condition... and as the head Informant for one entire country, this is going to be purely businness. It truly doesn't matter to me." With that, the Light Elf sliced the man's leg open, the blood going down the drain before a glow settled over the man. "And you're not allowed to die... that's the kicker." A bright light healed the damage before the man's eyes, solidifying Sancros' claims.

The Light Elf then attached the clamp to the man's crotch, before tightening it. One could almost hear the strain from the organic matter, before a slight popping sound and the man's inhuman screams rang out all along the room, blood coming out of the ruined crotch. Removing the now bloody clamp and placing it on the man's broken leg, He tightened it again, this time several cracking sounds echoed as his leg turned to ruined mush, as he healed the man's destroyed genitalia. His knives floated up due to water magic as they began cutting the webbing in his hands over and over, while the continuous energy healed them to full restoration. All of a sudden the man's chains were cut, but he was held down by the mage's magic as he quickly motioned for Two.
Pulling out a towel from her robes, she put it over the man's face as a water orb appeared and streamed down to the man's head coating it in water, and subsequently making his breaths harder to get out. Edan mentally winced, noting how cruel he had become before a layer of cold and calm professionalism locked that aspect of him.

Black0ut

A Very Dark Conclusion, cont.

Several hours more of grievious, inhumane, and monstrously evil torture methods later, the man had curled up into a ball. His sight had already been taken at one point, his senses disabled before Sancros brought them back. The man was a broken husk of what he used to be, too mentally damaged to even scream out in pain. He had given everything he knew to the robed pair.

"I broke another one, Two."

"Of course you did, Eight. That's why you should let me do the interrogation next time. We could've even used him as a double agent..."

"I apologize... but no. Even if I did, betrayal is still betrayal and that means death." He whispered, shaking his head before grabbing the Human. "I have to execute you. You put everyone, from mere traders and beggars in danger, to your fellow Informants. You… you know what this means. I'll try to make it quick.” The former Informants head soon rolled across the floor, his head cleanly separated from his shoulders. The lifeless eyes peered back up at him, almost accusatory in their emotionless state. He sighed before exiting, his business concluded. "He should've known I don't kill children..." He murmured as he put his disguise clothes on, before leaving. "But at least the kid's got a new home."

In his mind's eye, his division between his good and bad side grew, The Light side of him relished the chaos and strife he was causing, while the dark side wished that he could stop, and mend what hehad sowed. Conflicted with his own thoughts, he headed home, Edan's kindness revealing itself as a weary and depressed look settled over him, a deep sigh accompanied by a hand rubbing his head the only sign he regretted his actions.

"Damn it all... I... this is not what I want to become... worse than those who enslaved me..." He pulled out a handful of his hair in frustration. “Damn it all… With no emotions… with no morals… with my hate and rage, my apathy, and my depression… I don't think what shards of my pure self, of my hidden name will survive…”

His eye closed as he rounded a corner and sat down at his usual seat: A faded wooden bench. “My days are numbered…” He sighed once more as a rueful smile took hold. “Edan is dying… dying of heartache, of pain. Of hate. Of the evilness I bear… and soon there will be nothing left of the goodness I have… I guess… I'll have to find a way to split my soul… create two entities from it…” He mused over the thought, putting a hand over his mouth. “This must be what it feels to be in over your head, or to have your back against a wall…”

“It must be done. In my current state of being, I'm a threat to my daughter… and what few friends I have. I could kill them and feel only a little remorse… so… a fractured soul of a evil slave and the remnants of a naive Light Elf man… sounds like one of those books Faith likes…” He whispered as he took out a scroll and pen, passing it off to his magic to write down with a simple incantation.

A tear dropped, followed by several more as the Light Elf stared at the ground. “This is it. The start of the end… for Jay Sancros… for me… and the beginning of Edan and Number Two Hundred Fifty One. My evil side of my soul will try to build up a force to take Helvan, and will kill anyone in the way of that Goal… Edan will raise Jasmine and keep her safe from Ahusirra, from the ogol gwarth ah hîn ascar hoth (Evil betrayer and her violent horde).” He growled angrily, venom in his voice as well, as a rare emotion: pain.

“And I…” He continued, the combination of overwhelming evil and fading light, shall cease to exist. A fitting end… I was able to redeem myself: I helped people, saved people. I made friends and fell in love. I got a chance to atone. I'm… going to miss a lot of things… I'm going to miss my daughter. I'm going to miss being a smartass who's nice. I'm going to miss being who I am… maybe when I find a spell to split, I'll become myself when both parts die. Maybe I'll be far too gone, with either side developing past what I am.” He got up and made his way towards the gate, a mournful look on his face.

“Either way, a change must happen. Sylvie, Jasmine… hell, Titania, Faith, Mags, Betty, and Erin… forgive me. When you find this letter, I apologise for… for this betrayal. I just can't find my path amongst the darkness in my soul, and with Titania distancing, Mags’ happiness, Faith’s laziness, Sylvie's change, and with Erin and Betty fighting their own demons… I couldn't ask you for help.” He could see in the distance the gate he had floated over, taking his time to record his message. “So… as a send off… don't bring me back. I couldn't bear to… to face you all. And you may just snuff out what little good I possess. Betty, you're smart, so continue inventing. Maybe make an invention and name it the naggy, bitchy guy after me, eh? Faith… look after my daughter with my good soul fragment. She'll need a charming, if a bit sassy sister to grow up with. Erin, don't research too much. I won't exactly be there to drag you away from your work… well, I haven't really done that too much and Betty took that over, so I suppose you'll be fine.”

He was now about a hundred feet away from the guardsmen. “Mags… I'm proud of you. You made it to the big leagues, kid. You're finally successful in your own right and like Faith, you'll go far. Write a song for me, be it a ballad or a poem. And remember to comb back your fluff every once in awhIle. You shouldn't hide part of your face with the wool. Heh… you could say this'll pull the wool over your eyes? Too soon, but hopefully you laugh about it some time later. Titania… my friend… my best friend. You and Sylvie will feel the worse. So… this is me… being considerate in my own way. Giving you a heartfelt message while I exist. I don't… I don't want my evil to be the last bit of me you remember. I'd rather it'd be as your friend. Don't go down my path… it cannot be reversed and it will make you hurt others… as this is my only way to set it right before it's too late. Sylvie…” He stopped, gripping his pants with a pang of guilt and pain.

“You don't deserve this. You deserved someone who was strong enough to stay despite everything… and I told you all the time I wasn't right for you. I'm so sorry. I… I can't even… My words m-may not mean m-much… a-and… you may n-not… love me… a-anymore…” He choked out the words, tears streaming down his emotionless faith, his facade nearly faltering. “B-but… you… you were m-my dream, my b-best moment in this world… and despite how things turned out, I'd do i-it again and a-again. I love you… but I cannot remain here, growing colder and more cruel. Soon, the man you loved would be gone, with just the husk to keep you entertained. I don't wish to condemn you to such a cruel fate… and so, I will make two of me, one to love and the other to hate. This will be better, I'm sure of it, my love.” He continued forward, the scroll nearly all filled out.

”My staff will go to Jasmine, and if I can, I'll put a portion of both good and evil parts of me into it. Maybe that's where I'll end up… but regardless, this should be the last communique when I'm whole. I h-h… I h-hope… I hope you can understand my intentions… and I hope that my new… ‘selves’ haven't caused too much trouble. Belatedly yours, Jay ‘Mumbles’ Sancros.” The scroll floated into his pocket, as he approached the guard from earlier.

“Sancros… you done polluting this city with your crimes?”

“Yes… I'm going to miss talking to you, Dave.”

The guard placed a hand on his sword. “And why is that?”

“A sick, dying person can do you no harm. Take… take this gold… I will not need it.” Sancros whispered, handing him the gold pouch that must've weighed over five pounds.

The guard looked at it suspiciously before his gaze returned to the Light Elf. “Dying from what?”

“Why do you think my arm is gone?”

“Well… you may have been a blight on this city… but I hope your final moments are at least comfortable.” The guard started, handing back the coin pouch. “And keep the money. Use it for luxuries to make your last days better.”

Sancros nodded, and with that, headed back the way he came, a drastic change in his attitude. He would have to get a God to help him with his plan, but they were in large supply. He wouldn't wait for overly long. “Manadh nedh sîdh. (Fortune in peace)”

Black0ut

Frostlich1228 & Black0ut present:
The Calm Before The Storm

Sancros sat alone in the bar room. He had waited for everyone to leave, including the bartender, who had owed him a favor and had shut the bar down. He had the key to lock up if he needed to, but should another soul be courageous enough to approach him in a dark room, with his foreboding aura, he'd humor them and gently send them on their way. Edan sighed, gingerly placing his fingers on the keys of the sole piano, and played a brief tuning song Titania had taught him. He was worried. He knew that they should have arrived earlier. Using his information network, he plotted out their return time, their casualty count for delays and he had come to a conclusion: all wounded, some grievously so, and, more than likely, a couple dead. Kva and Titania, even though he showed very little affection or even vague interest, were his family.

The dark and melancholic song followed his thoughts, as if chasing it. He knew he had lost someone. If Kva, a great friend. If Titania... he would have lost a sister. Another one. The tune grew more morose but lighter, as he fought to contain his misery. Several dozen orbs formed, and without any command, or even notice that their creator had noticed them, they formed into the few people he cared about. The figures danced around with each other; A Mags shyly danced around a more vigorous Betty, while Faith clumsily tried to keep up with a slightly annoyed, but precise Erin, even Titania's practiced grace was a match for Sylvie's natural talent. His friends and family continued dancing, the music growing lighter, but still evidently pain-ridden. Edan softly sang, his voice surprisingly light for his normal pitch.

Past the sea of upturned chairs lying on tables, past the spot of the uncleanable stain, finally arriving next to the old stool that was deemed too 'valuable' to throw out, the door to the bar was ajar; the somber music available to those who would listen.

Coincedentely, the Bard was the first one to take notice, Magdalene. She had heard the sweet song off to her side, echoing out to her through the hall, she let it guide her approach. She reached the door, smiling softly as the song moved through her soul, able to pick up the more somber notes. As Mags listened, her years of song writing and even her more recent dream walking gave her an edge when picking out motive behind a song, and as she stood there, she noted the somber tones peircing through more and more. This song, despite it upbeat elements, was hiding a great, deep sadness.

The Sheep nodded, stepping in and sitting in a far seat away from him. She pulled out her harp quietly, then, weaved ethereal, somber chords of strings into Jay's song.

The Light Elf hardly took notice and continued to play, their tunes weaving an intricate layer that most would not perceive merely than 'a beautiful song, one that was nearly perfect in every way. A year or two dripped onto the ivory keys, but Edan kept his voice soft as his elven words floated through his song. His constructs continued their dance, simulating his acquired family, as rogue elements like Eraqus, Mina Moms and Drayce floated in, finding partners that matched or proved to be their opposites; Kva, Eliza, and even Elma stepped forth from watery and faint light to accept a dance.

He looked up, his eye resting on the ceiling, but paused in his song, his magical images of friends fading away. Catching onto the fact that he was no longer alone, he merely said, "And who plays with me so seamlessly I did not notice their presence?"

Mags smiled slightly, "It's me. Hi Jay... I... I heard your music and I couldn't help but play along."

"Ah. A state I rarely am in, unless in a bad mood. Nevertheless," he started, giving a sigh as he scooted his bench out to turn around to look at her. "it is always a pleasure to see you, Mags. I... I assume you wish to talk about why I'm in a dark room, playing a piano, and seeming very... sad, for lack of a better word?"

"Well... No... I've... Seen what happened to Sylvie..." Magdalene rubbed the back of her neck. "Even though I don't know... Exactly what that was..."

"That would be a new Goddess that is taking what she considers hers. Sylvie is now her Goddess' defender, with no hard feeling from me. Her choice, without pressure from me, but so much from Ahusirra. If I could... I'd put her in my place and make her feel my pain, do the same to her..." Sancros face darkened, an ominous light appearing in his cavernous socket. His pain slowly ebbed away as he returned to his stoic look. "But options against Gods are not viable, nor pragmatic. In all fairness, a betrayal from a friend is to be expected... I forgot the rules from Helvan, and I got hurt. But I doubt you want to hear my numerous grievances with the world right? So what else do you want to know?"

"I... Won't pretend to know what happened or what you're going through..." Mags told him sadly. "But you're my friend. I'll be here for you."

He nodded, the Light remaining, signalling his defensiveness. "And I'll be here for you. But... you seem happier." Edan started, switching subjects as quickly as he could. "You smile a lot more and seem more energetic... Now, I may be one-eyed, but tell me who's got you so enthralled. Is it that new guy that came in... Alan or Alex or whatever the four hells his name is?"

"Oh no... It's..." Mags stopped herself, recalling what he had just said about the God's. "Have you... Heard of Methos?"

"Goddess of dreams, did a thing that caused conflict awhile ago, generally one of the better ones. So... you're... interested in that one, huh? You're welcome to love anyone you wish and should she suddenly appear, I won't exactly be warmer or colder than I usually am. She'll have to earn my friendship if she wants to get to a status more than amicable." He replied, shrugging. "So are you dating her or just admiring her from afar?"

"Please don't blame her for that. She was lonely... She had recently lost her love..." Mags vouched for her Goddess. "And... We are... Intimate..."

"Trust me: There are worse fates than losing a lo- wait... you two...oh. Umm... well... I, uh, wish you the best?" Sancros murmured, his shyness coming back to bite him in the ass.

"Hehe... Yeah... She's very sweet..." Magdalene smiled. "She... Doesn't think she's good enough... You know... For me. Which I think is crazy because... I mean, I'm just a Farmgirl."

"Bard, warrior, savior, and many other accolades. Not exactly just 'farmgirl'. Of course she would be nervous. You're a hero, Mags. She's treating you as one person should with another." He countered.

"But... She's... A god!" Mags exclaimed. "She could have anyone! I read about her as a little girl, she's like the gold at the end of the rainbow! But... Not only was I not searching for it I didn't even think I would ever see it!"

Sancros' staff sneakily floated from behind the bar, going right behind her before bonking her head hard. "And by thinking that, do you do her any justice? Or do you make her feel put up high on a pedestal? Your Gods are people at heart, it is why they are fickle, why they can be shy. Stop. Thinking. Of. Her. As. A. God. And start thinking of her as Methos the woman."

"Mmm... Ow..." Mags rubbed her head. "I need to start wearing a helmet around you ..."

"Or avoid saying something ridiculous. Either works... besides, that was only a weak wack. The stronger ones are... a little more bone-breaking. No need to hurt the fluffy shee-... I-I see... the humor... and I...promise not.... to... laugh..." He started as he tried and failed to suppress a grin. "The sheep who makes all fall asleep; is dating the Goddess of Sleep. You cannot tell me that's a bit ironic and funny."

"Yes the... Irony is not lost on me..." Mags chuckled bashfully.

"And this, this moment right here where you easily thaw my cold and unfeeling heart, is why I'm going to take care of you. You're just so innocent and adorable." Sancros smiled, the light in his eye growing slightly brighter with a more cozy tone to it.

"You're... Being really nice to me Jay. Thank you." Mags chuckled.

"Just don't go telling people... they'll all think I've gone soft." He joked as his light arm formed so he could grab his staff. "But... you deserve to have nice things happen to you. You've never been mean to me or let me push you away. You haven't even lost patience with me. So... perhaps I'll even bake you something. Keep in mind, that if left to my own devices it will be a regular chocolate cake without decorations."

"I like Vanilla." Mags shrugged, smiling. "I know, I know, I'm the most boring person in the world."

"Actually, culinary-ily speaking, it's a required ingredient for some of the best sweets on Terra Dolor. So... not boring." Edan countered, leaning on his staff a bit. "Give me a few days to beat up the chefs to let me in to their kitchen and you'll get somethin' nice."

"I like Apple Pie." Mags added.

"The cake will be free of charge, but if you want the pie...I gotta meet Methos. In the real world. Take it as me being a little protective of you. I mean... despite you, at this point, being about as strong or stronger than me, I'd rather meet her and get a feeling for this Methos." He tapped his staff on the ground, his face jovial, a perfect mask for his thoughts. And perhaps she can do me a favor... get me in contact with the Immortal of Creation, as well as the smithing one... He fought the rebellious thought, his smile nearly faltering.

Black0ut

"Sure. I'm sure she's be happy to meet you. She uh... Probably already knows a little about you, with her dream walking and all..." The Sheep chuckled awkwardly.

"It'd be a little fuzzy. Mental guards and other magical things to protect me while I sleep. She might've not taken the risk." He shrugged, taking a seat.

"Why all the security?" Mags asked, seemingly confused.

"Why not? There are individuals to rival the power of the Gods, and if their agents were to ever come here, plenty of security for my mind is very necessary... given what happened to Esmerelda."

"But... You can hardly stop a god if they really want to get in..." Mags explained matter of factly. "It's like trying to upgrade your hut door to stop a catapult."

"Try to build something to counter the gods, you'll have something that can defend against something one step below." He winked, the conspiratorial action almost too brief to follow. "Maybe one day that'll be for the Gods of Terra Dolor, just a stepping stone to accomplishing greater things."

"That's... A little ambitious..." Mags scratched her cheek lightly. "See yourself becoming a God one day?"

"No, just the ability to be as strong as one. Gods play by too many rules, unable to help those they want. If I'm seemed a mortal, below a Gods station, I can interfere and keep those I care about safe." Sancros explained, shaking his head slowly. "The world needs a protector and my friends need me. Seems like I might be up for that job."

"Well. Those rules are in place to keep people with that kind of power in check..." Magdalene pointed out. "I don't want to say you'll do something bad, but we're just as if not more capable of evil as the Gods. Who knows. A lot of heroes can just as easily become the villain without even realizing it."

"Except I am well aware of my darkside and even embrace it at times, hence why I never say that I'm a good guy, Mags." Sancros replied quietly, his conjured eye glowing brighter. "Besides... morality is moot anyways. For example, with Titania and them, they believe they are fighting evil raiders, based on their actions. Meanwhile, the raiders defend because they believe they are in the right and thus consider themselves good. Which side is good then? If I were to decide... neither, for no one side is more evil or good than the other. Morality, my dear Mags, is an illusory, and flimsy, thing. It only is what we make it... and a little on how we perceive it."

"That's... A dangerous way of thinking Jay... But you're entitled to it." Mags nodded, looking across the room towards the bar.

"Thank you. I like to think that my morality is to not be an asshole to people I like... which helps with making me a little less dangerous." He followed her gaze, raising an eyebrow as he looked. "A copper for your thoughts?"

"Um... I... It's nothing. Don't worry about it." The Thrope just smiled carefree.

"Hmm..." Jay narrowed his eye before shrugging. "Okay. I won't worry about you staring intently at the bar. It's a totally common occurrence."

"Maybe I'm just really thirsty." Mags stuck out her tongue at him.

A ball of water gently dripped on her head. "Well, it just so happens that you know a water mage." He started before the drip became a light drizzle. "A mischievous water mage who likes teasing his friends."

Her wool became dark and heavy with water, sinking down over her head slightly before Mags moved out of the way. "Hey! My wool gets really heavy when I'm wet..."

Sancros snorted and shook his head. "Mags... you are so innocent. Never change." He stood up and went to the bar, briefly pausing to place a gold or two on it before hopping over. "What would you like, Ms. Wet?"

"Uh... Apple Juice." Mags smiled, ringing out her damp wool into a nearby trashcan.

"An Apple juice martini coming up..." Jay grinned, as he set off to prepare it. "If you want anything else besides a martini, you may find my limits at being a bartender."

"Sure... Martini it is... Can I have a cherry?" The Sheep asked with some trepidation.

"Normally, I wouldn't say it's a goo- wait... have you ever had alcohol before, or is this your first time?" Sancros paused with shaking his mixer, tilting his head at her.

"Uh... I had some alcoholic tea once..." The Sheep chuckled.

"It's official. You're the most innocent person I've met." Jay teased, as he poured her drink. "So... what are your big plans? I doubt you want to stay a Hunter, as your Sleepy Goddess is now a thing. What's the next step in the life of Magdalene?"

"I... I don't... No. I do..." Mags changed her mind. "I'm working with Methos to remove the Suicide Forest from hell or at least lessen their punishment... And... I want to go to Themosa and put an end to the slave trade..."

"Admirable. You're going to become a paragon of virtue if you keep it up. I'd... like to help you with that last goal of yours. I think the people will be happy to have someone like you on their side." He slid her the now ready martini, looking around for a cherry to drop into it. "Give it a sip without the cherry, and tell me how you like it."

Mags took a sip, coughing a little. "Mmnn... It burns..."

"You'll get used to it. The more you drink, the more you'll become used to it." He advised, rubbing her head.

Mags took a bigger drink, coughing harder. "Whhhy... It tastes like... Burning..."

"Want the scientific answer or the more simple one?" Sancros asked, chuckling at his friend's misfortune.

"You're a... Bad person..." She grunted, clearing her throat.
---------------

Mags lay in her bed, her cuts still fresh, however Methos had healed her mind. Doctors looked over her body, alongside Jay, being the one who had hurt her like this.

He waited patiently and to the untrained eye, he looked like he couldn't care less. However, if someone saw past his present demeanor, the would notice his almost imperceptible twitching. He was disturbed by the raid on the guild, evidenced by the tactics book he tried to read. He let out a sigh, and set the book down as his magical arm and eye faded away. "Damn it all..."

The Woman before him grunted lightly, her eyes opening slightly. "Huh? W... where am... I?"

"The Hospital Wing of Havenbrook Manor." Edan said almost immediately, blinking once, twice, thrice before he looked down at Mags, surprised that she had awoken. "Hey... sleepy head. How do your arms feel?"

"Mmnn... Jay? Stiff..." She looked up lazily. "I'm really... tired..."

"That... is my fault." The Light Elf looked away, his guilt picking at him. "And you being here is my fault as well."

"I had a dream... Where we were fighting..." Mags took immediate note of his expression. "It... Wasn't a dream, was it?"

"No... we did fight... and I panicked. I... used an attack to disable you, but I put too much force into it. Hence why you're in a bed. Methos says get better by the way." He murmured, shaking his head slowly.

"Oh... I... I remember I was helping Xelia... I was helping Xelia!" Mags tried to get up but grunted from the pain. "Is everyone okay!? Where's Es!? Did you get her!?"

"Define... okay." He murmured, before shaking his head. "Es is gone. Betty refuses to talk to me, and Erin is inconsolable. And..." Sancros started before dropping his healing magic so the aftermath of the battle could show. Half of his face deformed into water taking the shape his face normally would have. "This happened."

Mags eyes widened at the horrible news. "This... This is my fault... I did this to you..."

"No. You did nothing to me or anyone else, besides giving a tiny bruise. I shouldn't have been incapacitated by Xelia while I had conjured a corrupted dragon. If I had been smarter, I would've done more wards so I wouldn't be piecemeal and partially a water sculpture." He countered, before leaning down to give her a hug. "I'm sorry..."

Mags just shook her head, wrapping her arms around him in return.

Black0ut

Frostlich1228 & Black0ut present:
Guardian Devil

Titania’s eyes were dulled, still just as acute and aware as before, but lacking the warmth and naivete that they usually had. She had found a metal mask in the day or two that she'd been home, which only revealed part of her forehead and the bottom of her jaw, if she spoke. Finding someone to enchant it so she could actually see out of it, due to it not having any eye holes, proved a challenge, but doable. To keep up her appearance, Titania had painted her armor a dark red, with blacks for accents like her gauntlets and sabatons, both of which were new purchases for her. To top it all off she wore a seemingly blood-stained cowl around her neck, just in case she needed a makeshift hood. She looked at the stone sarcophagus that Kva laid in, her mask hiding her numbed emotions well. “I'll either kill Grimora or I'll kill the rest of ‘Norsca’ in return for what they did to you. I… I wasn't fast enough to protect to you… but I'll make sure this world gets more pure… I promise you that… and I intend to keep this promise.”

“Ahh…” A ghostly voice echoed from behind her. “Another Regallis buries her dead… and yet… this one seems out of place here…”

“Tell me then, Mystery Guest, why is that?” She replied, her voice icy and slightly hostile. Her eyes flared to a feral state, yet the Wolf did not attempt to attack or move.

“A Vampire. Our ancient Enemies… I am fascinated by you…” The voice surrounded her.

“How about this: Go away. I'm upset and I'm about to break down. And when I break down, killing a ghost seems like a good idea, even though said ghost is probably a companion or something.”

“Of course. I understand your grief child. She seemed like a good soul. And you have good in you. She is welcome here.” The voice faded out slightly.

Titania said nothing, the two days of constantly running around without sleep finally catching her by surprise. She slid down the stone wall, as her eyes closed shut. She murmured something out like ‘thank you’ or used a similar phrase as she fell into an exhausted slumber.

In her dream, she was surrounded by fog, the image of Kva forming before her in the mist. “Titania…”

The Thrope’s eyes had their light restored, as she smiled, before she looked down, frowning somewhat. “Kva… did I do something to upset you?”

“Of course not…” Kva shook her head. “Grieving is hard… I likely would've done the same were you in my shoes…”

The luster faded, as the tiredness she had while she was awake seeped in. “Right… you died…” She murmured quietly, her eyes looking up to Kva’s.

The Dhampir nodded slowly. “I'm sorry… Titania… I didn't want to leave you all alone…”

The Thrope merely offered a rueful smile. “You didn't really have a choice in that matter. Had I arrived a bit faster… I would've likely got in your way, and died in your place. Survivor’s Guilt and realism are interesting things to have together.”

“I wouldn't have wanted that for you… I helped all I did for you, my love…” The Misty Form of Kva told her. “The time we spent together may have been brief, but they were the best moments of my three and a half centuries of life…”

“Well… I'm glad I made you happy, Kva. You made me feel just the same.” Titania replied, her tired look suddenly sharpening. “Although, I now have a broken promise I can't make up for… except to make the world a better place.”

Kva smiled softly. “Then make the world better… Just don't allow yourself to be consumed by apathy or hate… And… Take care of my parents for me…”

“I… I shall try. I cannot say that I'm entirely all in one piece, or that my animal side isn't in control of my actions… but I can take care of your parents… although I wasn't very nice to your father when you… hopefully, I can repair that relationship.” The Wolf replied, trying to change the conversation as subtlely as she could.

Kva’s smiled dropped as she rubbed Titania's cheek. “You have you wake up now Puppy.”

Titania sighed, closing her eyes. “Why…? Why can't I linger for a bit longer?”

“Because this isn't real. You need to wake up…” Kva whispered.

“But even if it is a fantasy, just being able to hear you… I can't say that I prefer reality right now.” She whispered back, trying to keep the pain she had in check.

“You can't sleep forever Puppy.” Kva smiled again. “I'm waiting for you. I'm waiting for you to wake up…”

Titania sighed, but nodded. She focused on waking up, but also on what she would have to do. Become something less than a hero and more than a villain. Her eyes flickered open behind her mask, as she let out a soft groan, the stone being more detrimental than helpful for sleeping on, yet not as bad as the inn at Harold’s Throw in Helvan.

However, something surprised her, she heard Kva's voice once again, behind her in the direction of the grave. “It's a lovely Crypt. I almost look peaceful…”

When Titania turned, floating there was a dark, gaseous form, a dark fogging silhouette donning a hood and cloak that evaporated into fog near the bottom, the tips of her fingers dripping red with blood as it clutched a pulsing red Scythe. Poking from under the hood was a black, pointed mask whose inlays looked familiar to her.

Titania closed her eyes, somewhat in shock and somewhat in hope that she was still dreaming. Her left hand gripped her sword tightly, her gloves hiding the fact that her knuckles went white from the pressure. Her other hand slowly grabbing her dagger, then gripping the blade, which alerted her that it was not a dream, as her blood slowly dripped from her hand to the ground. She quickly sheathed her dagger in a matter of nanoseconds and placed her hand where it had been laying earlier.

One thing changed about her; the civility and kindness in her eyes faded as the Wolf side of her took partial control: her blue and gold irises shrunk, the whites of her eyes more visible as she became partially feral. She sighed, the action more akin to a growl. A lot had changed about her that Kva did not know: she had become colder, more calculated. She was now always angry and couldn't shake the negative emotion off unless she was running herself ragged. And finally, her clawed hands and feet had been filed into points, a finger almost like a dagger with how sharp it was, which required caution and a pair of sturdy gloves at all times.

She rose, dreading the encounter, but didn't remove her mask. She didn't dare look at Kva’s face to see any disappointment the former Dhampir may have had, but opened her own to look in her direction all the same. She was no longer restraining her bestial side, and it was no longer fighting for control; the two parts working in conjunction. She could no longer afford to be sweet to others, save a couple special cases, and even then, she would need to be wary, for if she grew attached to too many people, she could go further down a darker path if they were to die. “Kva… you might find me a tad bit different than when you visited me…” Titania started, her voice harder, and naturally, colder than normal. She cringed at her own tone, not wanting it to sound so harsh. “And before you ask, no, I can't be less feral than this. I tried.”

The ghost nodded, “I understand… You are skeptical, right?”

“A bit. My feral side and more civil side are working together… which means I'm not exactly the same person anymore.” Titania replied, tilting her head. “So… how can you prove that you're Kva? All I have to go off is voice right now, but that can be simulated… but the mask… that puts me into believing your claim.”

“How do I prove myself…” The Wraith tapped her chin. “You told me just before the battle, the night we spent together, that you were the daughter of Ranseca, not the Lady of House Regallis; and Graeme.”

“Again, makes me believe you more, but not exactly concrete. It doesn't take much to connect my speed with Mom, seeing as how we have similar speeds. And I wasn't exactly really quiet, when I said that…” The Thrope replied, shaking her head slightly. The blood was still dripping from her right hand, slowly painting the floor red.

“You're bleeding…” Kva noticed, poking one of her own bloodied fingers out, the wound plugging itself up and the blood on the floor gathering together into a small hovering ball.

“Not enough to kill me, but enough to confirm I wasn't dreaming. Lucid dreams are not exactly reassuring of one's sanity. Besides… I learned a bit about vampires and hemomancy. So, again right signs, but not a concrete answer.” She sighed, the growl-like sound echoing in the small chamber as her body began blurring, performing minute stretches.

“Very well then… What about our first meeting, in the woods? We were sparring, a battle I believe I won… pinning you down... We didn't exactly get along then, but I helped you back to the Manor anyway.”

The Thrope stopped in her tracks, going deathly still. She slowly turned her head to gaze at the Wraith. “Final question,” She said softly, her voice more akin to a whisper, “And you should know this if you are who you say you are. What did I say after I awoke in the medical ward and kissed my love for the first time?”

She lowered her head slightly. “You said… You were Sorry…”

“For?” The Armor clad woman asked, her voice still a whisper. Within a second, she was sitting on the floor with her legs crossed.

Black0ut

Guardian Devil, cont.

“For… not telling me and going after Koz on your own.” The Phantom added.

Titania nodded, but made no effort to move or speak, almost as if she was contemplating something. Her right hand curled into a fist and sharp leather threatened to pierce her skin.

“Titania?” The spirit spoke, kneeling down.

Her skin gave out before the leather did, blood pooling in her glove. Her uninjured hand merely resumed it's deathgrip over her sword, her teeth clenching together.

“Titania.” She repeated. “It's me.”

Blood finally spilled out of her right glove, as the Thrope chuckled grimly. “I know… and you came at a very, very bad time… I am a lot of emotions and none are very positive.” She murmured, her voice returning to its harsh tone. Her body blurred as her negative emotions bursted through her cold demeanor.

The spirit Kva took off her ghostly Helm, the metal vanishing into nothing to reveal her slightly paler face, small lines of tear like blood rolled down out of her red pinprick eyes. She then smiled. “The Mask is a good look… Puppy…”

Titania merely shook, her armor now clattering as her body sped up to the point where mortal eyes could no longer see her. She tried her best to suppress her emotions, with one exception: her grief, which bit at her like a poisonous snake, infecting her with a plethora of unwanted feelings. She gritted her teeth hard, unable to respond or even emote, lest she break down.

She suddenly felt the semi-tangible arms of Kva around her, trying to comfort her.

The mask hid everything under it, save several tears that dropped from behind it. The Thrope’s speed slowed slightly, her phantom’s arms easing some of her pain away. Her mouth opened, only for her to nearly bite her tongue.

“I came as soon as I was able… Titania…” Kva whispered lightly. “I knew what you must've been going through… What you're still going through…”

The tears kept coming as Titania slowed down to merely blurring. She remained silent, not making a single noise besides the clattering armor, too emotionally and mentally damaged to respond.

“I'm sorry…” Kva just seemed saddened, her reaction unexpected.

Titania slowed down back to what most would consider normal, but for her was a crawl.

Kva just stayed silent, embracing the Wolf for as long as she needed.

Her arms disappeared as she regained her control over her emotions, or more accurately, bottled them up so she could stop being emotional. Gritting her teeth as the feelings subsided, she took a deep breath and sighed. Summoning her courage, she spoke, albeit in her now colder tone, “I'm better.”

“Maybe… I should've waited longer…” Kva felt admittedly guilty. “But… I felt like it would've been harder if I waited until you had finally accepted it…”

Titania shook her head. “It would have made no difference. It's hard to talk to someone you just buried, especially when you did all the rights for said person.” Her arms returned to normal, one hand on her mask. She hesitated in removing it, knowing her cold rage would be visible on her face as well as her somewhat feral eyes.

“Titania… I've… been given a use for my afterlife…” Kva explained calmly. “While… I will be extremely busy with my new job… I'll be able see you…”

“Perhaps you shouldn't see me…” Titania’s mask was pulled away to find a perfectly angry and cold face, one that promised death and no mercy. “I can't say what I'll do is… good to see. Considering I'm hunting Alice's followers, I think you can guess how bad it'll be.”

“While I agree they need to be found… I don't know if I like you dedicating your life to vengeance in my name. That's not who you are.” Kva told her, pulling back from the hug.

“No… but it's not for you. Well, not entirely. Most of it is for a single line of thought: I don't want someone to ever feel as I do now. And to follow that line of thought, the ones responsible, the ones who made me full of icy rage, are still out there, still plotting to come back. That… that is unacceptable. I will spare any who choose to go back to their societies… in clusters and serve out their sentences. The children, if any, will be sent to good homes vetted by me.” Titania replied, her face growing colder as she spoke. “And as for how cruel and mean I must sound, being partially feral, with no ‘off’ switch, forces me to sound and look so.”

“I understand. But remember, there is a difference between justice and torture. And that with my new job, I will likely see some of these kills of yours…” The Former Fencer explained to her.

“A sword to the heart or head or neck is not torture. Killing someone is a mercy when fighting and I plan to do that. Only Alice's surviving generals will have a more worse fate… a couple lost limbs each. Not that bad, considering what I can do.” She tilted her head, her nonchalance about what was to come a bit unnerving.

Kva sighed, nodding. “Remember to take care of Faith. I consider her our daughter. Take care of the little Harpy girl too…”

“Of course. The Harpies participated in the war and thus, broke the deal they engineered with me. I like Andy enough to keep training her… but… her mother and her generals will be having a talk with me.” She looked at Kva’s face. “A peaceful talk. I don't actually want to do them harm.”

“Alice likely used their distrust of others to manipulate them, like she manipulated many others.” Kva reminded her.

“Hence the talk. It may be easier for me to kill people while I'm like this, but I still have… some of my morals intact.” Titania slowly put her mask on, her eyes showing a slight hint of sadness before they were covered up.

“Titania… I love you.” The Reaper reached up to caress her face. “I'm sorry to leave you all alone…”

“I'm fine. You didn't have a weak girlfriend, only a naive, foolish, strong one. I'll be fine… but tell your boss I'd like to have a word, preferably without weapons and in a nice setting. That is, if you don't mind…” Titania whispered, another growl-like sigh permeating the air.

“My boss? I work directly for Taydar, I don't answer to Grimora, if that's who you are looking to talk to.” Kva explained quickly. “And I could not be happier, her face wasn't something I wasn't keen on seeing immediately after arriving in the afterlife…”

“I understand… she is not exactly favorable even when she wasn't a conniving bitch. Regardless,” Titania started, as she stood. “Back onto topic. Yes, I'd like to speak to Taydar. I'd ask my mother, but I'd rather be a bit independent and talk to him directly… by asking for your help. Maybe not the best idea considering it goes against the idea of independence, but I was never one to go with rational thoughts.”

Kvs chuckled, “Of course you can speak with him. He should still be nearby if you'd like to do it here.”

“Thank you… Dhampy... but I need some time to clear my head and be… somewhat nicer.” Titania said as sweetly as she could. She attempted to rub Kva’s cheek, the gesture and her voice an interesting clash of emotions and apathy. “I love you Kva… and I always will.”

Dahlexpert

The fallowing is done by Dhalexpert&ZombieSplitter53

The young mage get's targeted

Sacriam middle of town.

Elma looked down at the bracelet the goddess of compassion gave her, and she felt revealed that she placed a barrier on Esmerelda baby so it won't be corrupted. That didn't help Elma feel at easy though, so she went to the library outside the city and tried to learn how to expand her magic even further." Right I may have gotten stronger, way stronger then when I joined HaveBrook , but I need to get even stronger and learn to cast spells once I made my dragon construct." Elma closed the book and left the library, with a few books.

"Hey there!" A young, handsome man ran up behind her. "You forgot one of your books."

Elma raised an eyebrow." Ou um thank you sorry about that, I’m kinda in a rush but thank you for getting my book."

"W-why the rush?" He held out his hands. "Can I help you a little? Carry some for you maybe?"

Elma raised her eyebrow." Um sure thanks?" Elma hesatently handed some of her book to the man who looks to be Elma age." So what brings you here, and why help me?"

"I'm kinda an adventurer of sorts," he said. "I was here looking for people to join me and my friends. How about you? You live around here?"

“I live a long distance away, but you’re in luck I’m worth more than enough soldiers perhaps I could help you?”

"Really?" The man smiled. "A beautiful woman like you is also a skilled fighter?"

Elma lightly blushed at the comment.” Ou come now I’m not beautiful, just a highly skilled mage.”

He shook his head. "I never exaggerate. But far be it from me to embarrass you. So... what kind of magical skills do you have?

“Hum a hole bunch actually, I could use ice fire and lightning magic. I can summon or create constructs, healing and light magic. So I think I can help your friends with whatever they need.” Elma said with a smile.”

He smiled back. "Good then. You're hired! Though I have to ask..." He slowly looked around. "What do you think of the gods?"

Elma raised her eyebrow.” There not so bad in fact I hear that despite being holy there not so different than most people.”

"What if I told you they are closer to being like most people then you think?" The man asked cryptically. "Much... much closer?"

Elma eyes squinted.” Okay I mean I don’t know much about the gods after all.” Did I just run into one of Hastu people? If so then there learning not to be wearing those idiotic robes everywhere, but let’s keep an open mind Elma don’t be hasty.

The man nodded. "They prefer it that way. What if I were to tell you that the original eight gods weren't gods at all? At least, they weren't born gods. They were born as normal Terrians, and were given their power."

"Hum Okay you caught my interest." Yep defiantly one of Hastu people, a damn shame he was actually pretty cute. It's a shame I might have to kill him, or I can let him take me to the others. "Well that's interesting to know, tell me how do you know all this?"

The man patted his chest. "I happen to have met a god that existed before the other gods. He told me. He told us all. The Terrain gods are false gods that lord over the world like they weren't once a part of it."

Elma took a deep breath." Well that's all well and good and all but you said you had a job for me right? I mean I relay rather not hear about gods and old ones."

"Well... the job is spreading the good word of an Old One." The man grinned. "It is hard, dangerous work, but the reqards are greater then you could ever imagine."

"Humm you know there's a guild hunting you down, I hear that one of them is killing you all to find a light Elf. Tell me have you seen this Light Elf woman or heard of her?"

"Oh, you mean the Sacred Mother. I have heard of her. Haven't seen her myself, though. Why?" He rubbed the back of his head. "How did... you know about her?"

"Don't worry about that, but I got something to show you. Please will you come with me I know the inn keeper of one of the local inns."

"The... local inn?" The young man chuckled. "Okay... lead the way."

Elma lead the man to the inn." Hay Mum." Elma said to the inn keeper.

"Elma!" The innkeeper sad to Elma." Good to see you again honey, it's been a while who's your friend?"

"A person I just meat, Think I can head to my room?"

"I don't see why not, hell you keep paying for the room."

Elma bowed her head and took the man to her “Room", her room was filled with books and some of her mage gear." Do you mind putting my books somewhere?"

"Sure." The man stepped to the side and placed them on a desk. "Slumming it in an Inn I see. Hastur has much better accommodations for you."

"No he didn't." Suddenly there was a chill in the room." See I’m with the guild hunting you people down, now I’m not goanna kill you see I’m with the goddess of compassion. So I'm goanna use my light magic to hopefully heal you."

"H-heal me?" The man backed away. "Heal me... from what? I-I'm not injured."

Light orbs appeared in both of Elma hands. "I will heal the clear corruption in your mind, don't worry it won't hurt just a small tingle." Elma slowly walked to the man.

The man tripped and fell back. "D-don't! Y-you're crazy! Help!"

Elma put her hands on the mans head and used her bracelet and her light magic on the cultist, trying to purify him hoping to take him away from Hastu without killing him." Come on please work, because I would rather not kill you." Elma said with some hope in her voice.

After a minute, his eyes changed. They shifted from being scared of her to be horrified at something else. "Oh... oh gods!"

Elma looked confused at the man, it's clear that what Elma did had worked but she couldn't tell what was fighting him." Um is something the mater mister?"

"My brother! I... he... he wouldn't join after I did! So... I... I'm a monster!"

Elma put her hand on the mans shoulders." It’s okay this is what Hastu does, he corrupts the mind and body of an individual. You weren't yourself when you did what you did."

"How do you know?" He looked at her, desperate for an answer. "How do you know that wasn't the true me, and Hastur just brought it out?"

“Because the same thing is happening to a friend of mine, and now that I could do this I’m gonna heal ever cultist he has. Now then it’s best you get out of here.”

"You know..." An all too familiar voice spoke from behind her. "That man is mine. I'd appreciate it if you didn't tamper with my property..."

Elma eyes twitched as she stood up.” And I appreciate if you weren’t an oversized squid, and give me back Esmeralda.”

"Well, I can take care of the first for now." Hastur's body shifted and changed. "Is this better?" he asked is Esmeralda's voice.

Dahlexpert

Part 2

A ice spike started to form in Elma hands, as she turned to Hastu.” Tell me if I use my light magic one you, will that start to kill you? Or maybe I can fill you with ice, I’ll say again hand over Esmeralda!”

"But it is me," what looked like Esmeralda said, holding out her arms. "Would you really hurt me? We... we're sisters, aren't we?"

"Really, how stupid do you think I am? Alright tell me than if you are Esmerelda."Elma said rolling her eyes. "What did I do to your baby then huh?"

Es held her belly. "You encased him in a sacred light... one even Hastur struggles to break through. It is such a wonderful gift of magic from you and your goddess..."

Elma started to lower her guard, as she slowly started to approach "Esmerelda." If you are Esmerelda, then tell me why did you leave, you know what that monster would do to you and your kid. Why go to it?" Elma ice spike dispersed.

Es frowned, lowering her head. "Because... because I was getting close to Charter again. It scared me... so I... had to leave. B-besides, Xelia will protect me."

"Really because isn't that what you wanted to forgive, him for what he did. After all you forgave your sister after all. And Charter forgave you, so I have to say try again."

Esmeralda slowly grinned. "That is why she left. She was scared of loving him again. In a way... you could say it was his fault. And yours. You just weren't around enough."

"Um hum, I want you to know something Charter will kill you and get Es back. I'm sure you know he's been killing your followers, now as for me I'm goanna purify them and take them from you that way."

"Actually... no... you're not." Esmeralda giggled. "You're not purifying anyone else. Can you guess why? I'll give you a clue." She held out her hand, her fingers stretching into long tentacles that went into the young man's eyes, ears, and mouth.

Elma quickly sprayed ice on the tentacles and broke them she then launched ice spikes at the fake Esmeralda.

They stabbed into Es' chest, and she gave Elma a look of horror and pain. "Elma... how could you...?" She fell back and lay motionless.

"Ou please." Elma put her hands on the ground and ice spikes came from the floor into Esmerelda back." You blew that cover the moment tentacles came out of you, and if you were Es she would have used her freaky new powers to block such a simple attack!"

"Good point." Esmeralda disappeared, leaving only a pool of blood, and Hastur stepped up behind Elma. "My point is I will know every time you purify my corruption, and I will be there to kill the one you 'save'. Do you want those deaths on your conscious?"

Elma used her lightning magic to zap Hasu." I can live with that, I will always be there to fight you. You caught me off guard this time, I will not let you kill anyone else when I’m here!"

Hastur lightly brushed his chest. "Why fight me, Elma? Why not join me? Join Esmeralda, and see what she sees in me?"

"Because someone who turned the kind and easy to love woman like Es into a monster is someone not worth fallowing." Elma but both her hands up and a circle of lite magic circled the room, and with the goddess of compassion gift the light was amplified. Purifying the room.

Hastur actually recoiled this time. "Knock it off! I'm trying to give you a chance of a lifetime! You'd be one of my greatest lieutenants! Think of the power!"

"I think i'm plenty of powerful now, and the way I got you you seem to not like my light magic. So let me show you something I've been working on!" Elma held a fire ball in her hand but it looked different it seemed to be infused with light when Elma threw the fire ball on the ground the fire attached itself to Hastur, only burning him but not effecting the rest of the room." This is a special fire that I made that works on corruption and undead!"

He cried out in anger and, more importantly, in pain. He stretched out a tentacle, wrapping it around Elma's neck and lifting her into the ear. "Insolent, irritating little bitch! Give me ONE good reason why I shouldn't snap your neck right now!"

"Aw the god can get hurt by my magic, to think that a old one can get hurt by a simple human.Must be embarrassing for you, and worst of all this mage is only eighteen, well nineteen now but the point still stands a teenager." Elma said with smugness in her voice.

Hastur started squeezing, letting his anger get a hold of him. Before Elma could pass out, a sword with glowing white glyphs sliced off the tentacle, the stump burning like it did with Elma's fireball. Hastur stumbled back and looked at the hooded figure in the room with them. "You?! I thought you were dead!"

Elma coughed and quickly used her light fire again and threw the fire ball at Hastu." Who...Cough.. Cough. "Who are you?"

"That's right... we haven't met..." The large man covered in wolf furs reached up and pulled back his hood. "Diamante. Esmeralda's brother. I was told I could find Charter's sister here." He swung again at Hastur, barely missing the Old One.

"What Es brother? That's impossible, Es said that she killed you by mistake that she thought you were a cultist?!"

"Yes, you are supposed to be dead!" Hastur said in agreement.

"And you need to check your dead better," Diamante countered. "Just as Esmeralda needs to work on her vitals." He stabbed Hastur in the face, the Old One screaming in anger before vanishing.

"He haven't seen the last of me!" his voice echoed.

"Damn right." The elf placed his sword against his shoulder. "I'll see you again soon." He glanced between the dead man and Elma. "You okay?"

Elma blinked in confusion not sure what the hell happen, it wasn't until there was a knock on the door. "Elma what the hell is going on in there!" The keeper of the inn said.

Elma finally snapped out of it, and went to the door saying." Um Yes Mum i'm doing fine, just i'll be out soon." Elma turned to Es brother." Your Esmerelda brother wa how did you find me and get into the room?"

"Well, um... let's see..." Diamante thought one all her questions. "Yes, I am her brother. I travelled and fought my way down the mountain with nothing but a knife and this sword I later got. I found you by looking for your brother and your name coming up. And... I, uh, broke the lock to get in."

"Ok that um that helps most of my questions, um so yea ugh my day started by going to the library getting some more spell books, and then this happen. Um yea I’m Elma, this is not how I expected to see Es brother."

He gave her an amused smile. "I imagine since I am supposed to be dead, you didn't expect to meet me at all. But... how did you know Esmeralda almost killed me?"

“Right Um we did get Esmeralda back and her and character mentioned all the bad things she did, that was until she left with those people.”

"She left with them?" Diamante's eyes shifted about. He walked to the door and started fixing the lock to have something to do with his hands. "So... it was no accident. Esmeralda has turned on us?"

"I wouldn't go that far all is not lost, we can still get her back. Besides Hastu can't corrupt her baby after what I did, I put a magical barrier on Es stomach to keep her baby from being corrupted. Witch after what happened today that old one bastard will have some trouble breaking it, especially since I've been working on it since I made it making it stronger with each use."

Diamante nodded. "Good. I thank you for that. And what of Charter? I take it he is not taking her abduction a second time very well. Do you know where he is?"

“Um no he’s gone, and this time he’s not with the god. He just left and took his wolves with him, I... I think he went to go find Esmeralda himself.”

"Well, is there any way to call him back?" Diamante turned to her. "I know where they are."

Elma eyes widen. "You do that's fantastic news! Great I think I know how to reach him but we need to go outside the city." Elma grabbed the body, and they both went outside the city." Um Lusbie can you come down here please?"

It took a short while, but the goddess appeared before them. "I was hoping you'd call... ugh." She looked at the body. "Did... you kill someone and need me to dispose of the body or something?"

"No this is one of Hastu former followers, I say former because I purified him and broke him free from his control. Which lead to me fighting the old one himself, though in the in he retreated."

"Really?" Lusbie grinned. "Using some of that magic I loaned you?"

Elma nodded her head." It was a big help in driving him back and inflecting some serious damage on him, now I know I can use my light magic and the spells I've been mixing with it to hurt him." Elma looked down at the dead man." I can also purify his people freeing them from his control, something tells me I’m goanna be fighting him constantly because he said the more I purify he will kill them there."

Lusbie sighed. "Poor man." She held out her hand, and the man's body slowly turned to ash, mixing in with the soil. Where he once laid, several flowers bloomed, as though marking a grave.

Elma kept her head down as she looked at the man grave. She then breathed in and looked at the goddess." Thank you um Lubie can you somehow find Charter?"

"Your brother? Sure. Shouldn't be too hard." Lusbie smiled. "We have a device back home that can find just about anyone. I just need one of your hairs."

"My hair? Um sure I guess." Elma plucked one of her strains of hair and gave it to the goddess."

"Be right back." The goddess disappear into a portal.

Dahlexpert

Part 3

On the north part of Serasam Charter was grilling what looked to be a Basilisk after killing a group of them, while his meal was being cooked Charter was sharping his sword with a whetstone that Esmerelda gave him.

"Excuse me!" Lusbie said, suddenly standing behind him. "Are you Charter Van Dam?"

“That depends on who’s asking, if it’s a god/ someone looking to hire me then yes.”

"The first one. Lusbie's the name." She took a big whiff of the air. "Oh, is that grilled basilisk? It's a delicacy in some parts of the world you know?"

"Yes it is, you’re the goddess that looks after my sister right?" Carter looked at the Basilisk and took a bit of meat off it, and ate it." Humm, so how can I help you does the warlord god wants me apologize or something?"

"Well, he isn't happy you didn't come back. But he didn't send me." Lusbie sat next to him. "Your sister sent me. Her and some big guy. An Elf I think. You goanna offer me any?"

Charter handed the goddess a stick if the animal. "Ugh so what does my sister want she knows I’m busy, I’m trying to hunt down Esmeralda."

"I'm not sure," Lisbie admitted. "Something to do with Hastur I believe. She said she just fought him, and drove him away with some light magic. Maybe... it has to do with Esmeralda? I could always pop you back here if it isn't important."

Charter eyes widen."Elma fought Hastur by herself and managed to push him back, alone!" Charter grabbed the shoulders of the goddess with fear in his eyes." Take me to her please I need to see if she's alright!"

Lusbie blinked several times. "Yes, of course." She took a large bite of the meat and opened a portal. "Wight..." She swallowed. "Ahem, right this way."

Charter wolves went though the portal first fallowed by Charter, as he went through the portal and saw his sister was unharmed. He than eminently ran to her and hugged her." Ou thank the gods your OK, what were you thinking taking on Hastur by yourself!?"

"Um it was an accident, see I ran into one of his cultist and broke him free form Hastur."

"Wait you can do that?" Charter said looking at Elma.

"It was a test but yes I can, then he came we fought I hurt him pretty good and then this guy showed up." Elma pointed to her Elvin savior.

Diamante waved lightly. "Hey. Long time no see."

Charter looked confused and shocked at Diamante." Diamante you’re alive! But how Esmerelda said herself that she killed you, this is perfect if we can bring you to her then she might come out of her Trans if we knew where she was. And I’m sorry I couldn't protect her."

The Elf held up a hand. "That makes two of us. Hastur clouded my sight when I found them. I realize now that they wanted me to find them. I thought I was fighting a cultist until I went for a decisive blow, and was shown it was actually my sister. In my moment of hesitation, she struck. Missing my vitals, I realized there was little hope of me winning alone against such power, and played dead. Though I now feel like a coward, at least I live on to try again."

Elma raised her hand." Um you two didn't fail Charter you tried to save Esmeralda and I think she's more confused than anything, but we do need to get her back and that way I can purify her and return her to her old self." Elma looked at Dimanate." Now as for you we need to get you to miss HaveBrook asap, I’m sure that bastard will try and move Esmeralda now that your alive."

Diamante nodded. "He might. Though that doesn't mean we shouldn't search his current location. If we're lucky, his arrogance will be on our side."

"Great then it's settled then you two will go to HaveBrook, and inform her on Es location. As for me." Elma took a deep breath." I will go after the cult directly, and purify them keeping Hastur angry."

"Absolutely not, you’re not fighting the cult by yourself Elma. Especially if that bastard will come after you constantly!"

"Its fine Charter I do this, I mean after all I’m not the same scared little girl I was when I came here I can do this. Besides I've always seen you fighting and sulking after Es was taken, just let me take the burden for once."

"It is true that a distraction would help," Diamante noted. "But are you sure it is wise, Elma? Not every cultist you will meet will be a cultist because they are corrupted. How do you know that next one you might won't act purified, only to stab you in the belly?"

"Then that's a risk I will have to take, if they want a fight then I will deal with them then. But no matter what me purifying them whether they want it or not there go will ether come after me or get more and more angry, I can handle myself just fine now unlike when I first joined."

"You know sis I both hate and proud that then guild has made you this way, if your dead cent on this just be careful."

"I'll be fine." Elma looked at the goddess of compassion." I just hope I can please you with what i'm doing."

She nodded. "Very much. And I will do what I can to watch can put for you."

"I very much appropriate it, anyway I need to continue my research more so now than before. Also need to apologize to the inn keeper for all the racket I did, I will catch up with you two later."

Charter rubbed his sister head." You take care of yourself sis, more so now than before now that you pissed off that Old one bastard he may come after you more."

"I'll be fine, you two best to get to HaveBrook." Elma said while going back to the inn.

Lusbie smiled as she walked away. "They grow up so fast, huh?"

“Yeah they do, our parents will be proud to see Elma like this once we get home. Anyway best we get HaveBrook and tell her what happened.”

Lusbie nodded, and stood in silence. After a moment, she realized the other two were staring at her. "What? Oh! You want me to... heheh..." She opened the portal back to the guild. "There you go!"

“Thank you, and thanks for looking over my sister. She’s becoming quite the witch, and thank for choosing her.” Character said as he bowed his head to the goddess.

Lusbie waved a dismissive wave. "Think nothing of it. Good luck you two. I will see if I can garner any allies against Hastur among the gods."

“I’m sure the warlord god would be easy to convince, also can you tell him I’m sorry for my actions before.”

Lusbie nodded. "Will do. Good luck you two." She opened a second portal and left them.

“Right come one man we best be getting.” As the two warriors went into the portal, Elma looked over her notes seeing if she could learn a new spell or modify her them. She then heard a dark voice surrounding the room.

"Remember, Ms. Van Dam," the voice stated. "I will always be watching. There is not a thing you can do, not a single place you can go, where I will not be able to see you. Fear incuring more of my wrath then you already have."

Elma started to shake at the thought, and it finally dawned on her who she angered and how easily he can kill her. Elma insistently touched her neck and closed her books." Hay um Lusbie Can I see you for a minute?"

This time, the goddess was there almost instantly. "Yes dear?" she asked with concern.

Elma stood up and her hands were shaking." I think I'm in trouble, I um actually pissed off Hastur?" Elma said with a scared chuckle.

Lusbie took her hands and held them tightly. "I... I won't let him hurt you." She shook her head. "We gods have let him go to far. This is one goddess who won't stand for it anymore, even if that means just protecting one woman from him."

"I appreciate it, I think it's also time I became much more serious." Elma looked at the goddess." I need to be even stronger, not just for myself but so I can protect the guild and the rest of Terra. So can I ask you to do me a favor?"

Lusbie nodded. "Of course. Anything, Elma."

Elma sighed. “I need you to send me to the borders of Fairaven."

Lusbie slowly turned around and opened a portal. "Alright. Can I... ask why?"

"Because that's the place of Magic and scholars, I can learn so much there there is a number of spells there than any library in Terra. I have to go there to make myself stronger and expand my magic skills."

The goddess nodded. "Good luck. I will try and watch over you and keep you safe."

"Thanks you." Elma then left her room and got on her horse and went through the portal. Elma found herself in a forest she was unfamiliar with. “Hum Ok I think I’m here but the question is what direction do I go in?"