Hunters of Terra Dolor (Role Playing Section)

Dahlexpert

The fallowing is done by Dhalexpert & ZombieSplitter53

Prepare for war!

Norsca

After sending her army to both Bevland, and Themosa. Sacking towns and freeing slaves, Alice looked at what she created. “Ah it’s wonderful, who would have thought that cut throats would be decent once you train them.”
Grimora chuckled, drinking from a large goblet. "They're like training wolves. Harder than training dogs, but their natural wild side makes them fiercer then your normal military dog."
“Yep my dogs of war. Say Grimora how far out is that army?”

The goddess placed the goblet to the side and formed a crystal orb. "Which army? There are so many to keep track of these days..."

“The one four coming after me and who want my head. Any idea where there at?”

Grimora looked into the orb. "Not far out. They'll be knocking on your down in no time. It is a pretty big force this time."

“Hum I figured as much, Grimora would you mind grabbing Rumi for me and meet me on my ship.”

Grimora bowed her head with a smile and disappeared from sight, leaving the Vampire warlord to herself.

Alice looked at her throne and walked to it, when she sat on it she started to sing to herself.” There was a child of Drāculest we’re she would play her games, she laughed and played protected by city walls until she craved the sky.”

Rumi walked in a few minutes later, wiping some sweat from her brow. She looked as though she had been training with some of the soldiers. "You wanted to see me?"

"Yes Rumi I want us to see you." Alice walked to Rumi." I want you to come with me for a little bit, it's been so long since you and I had a talk."

Rumi nodded. "Alright. You, uh... want me to change or anything?"

"Sure I want you to meet me on my ship," Alice looked around. "Ou and Grimora and Seclevar, why don't you come to."

Rumi bowed her head and ducked out. Fifteen minutes later, she was waiting on the ship with the two gods. Grimora was flipping through a newspaper floating in front of her while Seclavar, sporting cat ears today, paced nervously about.

Alice arrived on her ship wearing the black dress her and her sister bought, though it was a little bit tight around Alice." Hum Hello Everyone, sorry for making you wait." Alice walked to Seclavar and hugged him." Do you like this outfit darling?"

He smiled a bit awkwardly. "It looks nice on you. It... Shows off all your good parts." Grimora made a gagging noise.

Alice smiled at Seclavar."Thank you." Alice rubbed her hand on the ship."We've been through so much haven't we? Through so many thing up and down. Tecunte, the seven, Grimora your death and bringing you back. Rumi what I did to you when we first met, we have done a lot back when it was just me and an empty castle."

Grimora shuddered. "Please, don't remind me. There is nothing more dreadful then having your very soul split into four parts and coveted by demon lords. At least it gave me a new perspective on life and the meaning of mine..."

"That's the point we have all changed. Grimora you changed and taking more responsibility, Seclavar you’re no longer a puppet." Alice then looked at Rumi." And the biggest change of all, you went from an assassin in the seven to a leader of an army."

Rumi smirked. "I'd be lying if I didn't say the power and responsibilities are a bit... exciting."

Alice rubbed Rumi head. “We’ve come a long way all of us, but now come the thing I dread we must defend it all form the world. I take that the gods will be watching this battle heavenly I’m guessing?"

Seclavar nodded. "Worse yet, one or two want to help Havenbrook."

"That's it I figured there would be more than that, considering most of the gods favor HaveBrook" Alice mover to the front of her ship and looked at the ocean, she lean leaped and got on the pole of the ship and walked forward till she was at the edge of it. She grabbed a rope and looked out into the sea." Grimora can you do me a favor, there's a few things I want to do before the battle."

The goddess folded her arms and nodded. "Of course. What did you need?"

“We’re is the resting place of your sister, I need to see her body before this battle.”

"Um... sure." Grimora opened a portal to the Megacity in the sky. "There is a small graveyard where we keep our few dead. The air is thin and the gravity is high up there, but with your power, you should be able to handle it."

"That's wonderful because I need to see this with my own eyes." As Alice entered the portal she could still breathe as normal and she wasn't feeling Wolsey." Now then were is her grave?"

Grimora walked her through the small cemetary. "Being immortal and all, it isn't often we have a fatality. That's why there are so few graves." Grimora shrugged. "Makes it easier to find who you're looking for." They stepped to the end of a row of four headstones, the last being Tecunte's. It was of beautiful black obsidian, a bust in her image resting on top. "Here you go. They cremated all her clone bodies and buried the urn with her ashes here."

"Heh how Ironic, she will be immortalize as this. A grave to nothing, all the plans she had everything she wanted to do cut short because of her ego." Alice then spit on the grave." All you had to was fallow simple things, and you wouldn't be here right now."

Grimora shook her head. "Simple was too simple for her. She was a complicated woman with complicated plans in a complimented mind. She always mocked me as being... simple. Well, it seems to me she was too smart for her own good." She raised an eyebrow. "Do you want to see her?"

"What do you mean see her, are you telling me I can see that bitch in her old form?"

Grimora laughed. "You forget who I am? I'm Grimora, Goddess of Darkness, and Queen of Hell. Where do you think Tecunte's soul went when she died, Elluviana for an eternal vacation? No, she is down below, suffering and paying her penance."

"Ou that sounds wonderful, can I go down there? There's also one of your daemon lords I wish to see it's been forever since I've seen her? Besides I need to gloat to your bitch sister anyway."

Grimora rubbed her chin. "Not sure if I can get the demon lord, but I'll try. In the meantime, you want to get a sweater? Where we're going, it gets a bit cold..."

"I'll be fine, after all I'm a vampire the cold is actually good for me. Besides I want to gloat to your damn sister for everything I've done while she was making a mockery of herself. "

"Alright. I warned you." Grimora opened another portal and they were hit with a blast of subzero cold. Stepping through, Grimora waved her hands about. "Welcome to Eastern Hell, home of the Treacherous. This is the frozen like, for those who have betrayed the gods themselves... like murdering a goddess."

Dahlexpert

Part 2

Alice can feel the cold coming over her, but it reminded her of the land of ice." This place is very fitting for that damn woman, now the question is how fare is she and how long must I deal with this cold?"

"Tried to warn you." Grimora formed another portal, reached in, amd pulled the Judge of the Dead out.

"G-Grimora!" Anju curled her arms around her. "A l-little w-warning nnnnext time.... hey, Alice..."

"Where is my sister?" Grimora asked simply.

"T-T-Tecunte? Um..." Anju looked around, her eyes turned white for a moment before she pointed. "Just a little wwwwwways that wwwwway. N-now can I-I p-p-please..."

Grimora quickly shoved her back into the portal and closed it. "Such a useful little thing. I should give her a vacation some time next century. Come, Alice. We have a dead goddess to gloat over."

Alice looked at were the portal was.” Um, think I can get two warm clothes one for me, and one for Anju?”

Grimora sighed, opening the portal again and walking through. She returned a few moments later with a thick pair of pants and a fluffy jacket. "Took these from... I don't know, some store. They're from Lustania, so they should be pretty warm."

Alice quickly put the clothes on, she bowed her head to Grimora.” Thank you goddess of darkness, I appreciate this gift. Wow it’s a while since I bowed to you.”

Grimora placed a hand over her mouth and chuckled. "Much appreciated, my dear." The pair ventured along the frozen lake, passing several disheveled forms, ghostly people wondering nude along the icy wasteland, crying frozen tears that stung at their pale faces. It wasn't long until they came across a familiar sight, hunch over and shivering fiercely.

“Well Well look at what I have here, a lost winch a pathetic goddess who overestimated her worth.” Alice said with glee in her voice.

The woman flinched, slowly looking back. "Who... who's there? Mother? Mother, is that you?"

Alice smiled. “Ou Yes Tecunte I just wanted to tell you that we’re giving your realm to your sister’s child, Ou she’s so adorable and cute. But don’t worry you will just be staying here till the end of time.”

"Oh..." Tecunte sulked down. "But it am sorry. I'll be good. Please... it's cold..." She wrapped her arms around herself. "So cold... I don't like it here. Mother... please save me..." She fidgeted and faded in and out, parts of her disappearing and reappearing randomly.

“You’re not sorry, you’re sorry because you got caught and out smarted by a vampire.”

"No!" Tecunte placed her hands over her head. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! It's... so cold... so cold... I'll be good! I'll tell everyone I'm sorry! Everyone... everyone..." She slowly looked at Alice again. "Mother... no... You’re not..."

Alice laughed at Tecunte.” Ou wow what a sight, what a glorious sight. Look at how pathetic you look. To think someone like you was a goddess.”

The former goddess glared at her. "Laugh it up. You will join me soon. I am sure of it."

“My time will come, but it won’t be as a epic failure as what happened to you. Look at you, and how low you are. I’ve taken everything from you, and in your ashes my empire came.”

Must feel real..." Tecunte's mind wondered for a moment, as if grasping on a hold of reality. Again, parts of her faded in and out.

"Her soul is splintered," Grimora explained, a hint of sadness in her tone. "Splitting herself up as she did and dying with her soul in pieces has left her being shattered. Whats more, they wonder if she is even all here. It's..." She turned and took a step away.

"So she's not relay dead, she's just in a loop. Part of her is here and the other half is in Terra some were." Alice smiled at the thought. “I might just get to kill you after all, it seems HaveBrook only did the job half way. So think her other half is still out there?"

Grimora rubbed her chin. "I never even considered that... but maybe. It wouldn’t be half, though. More like a... small fraction. Though even that would be enough to make an all new Tecunte, just one much weaker than the original."

“Do we even want her back, Look at her she deserves this. After all she’s done? Killing you, using me planning to kill her own kind for her own purpose. If I do find that little bit of her might as well destroy it.” Alice said with venom on her voice.

Grimora turned back to look at her sister. "You're right," she said sadly, not sounding very convinced. "I just wish a nicer side of her could come back. Like... when we were younger..."

Alice looked at the two, the two goddesses reminding her of herself and her sister. Alice started to growl, and she used her flame magic on the ice water making it slightly warmer." Fine! I'm going agents my better judgement here, you can try and bring her back. But if she comes out the same arrogant bitch that I know, I will send her back here."

Grimora smiled at her. "You really are the best."

"I'm not happy with this, but I will give you a chance with her. Though I personally want to put her head on a spike." Alice looked at the sprites and how they started to smile at the temporary warmth.

Grimora elbowed her gently. "Admit it. There is a softy deep down that wants to see others happy."

"Why do you think I'm so eager to get my kind out of that hell hole of a city we live in. The pirate the conquer my brutal nature, it's all in act a big show it's a gimmick I came up with so I can get people to fear me and so my soldiers fallow me more. Truth be told there are three parts of me, what the world sees is the Demon, what my men see is the warlord me a conquer that will inspire her men. And then there's this me the kind hearten me. "

Dahlexpert

Part 3

Grimora nodded. Slowly, she gave a sad look. "Things... might not end well for you, you know? The odds you face... I'm not sure... you can overcome them..."

"I know but I won't go down without a fight, I'm doing this for my people after all. Which my job in that aspect is done, my people are out of the city and are free now I just need to make sure they don't go back to there cowardly ways. I may not win this battle but I’m goanna take down as many of them as I can, let's go home I need to talk to Rumi."

Grimora nodded, giving her cowering sister one last glance before opening a portal back to the ship.

Once back On the ship, Alice took the heavy clothes off, revealing her black dress again.” Rumi we need to talk.”

Rumi jumped off the side of the ship. "Yeah, of course. What about?"

"Gods damn it." Alice rolled her eyes and jumped off the ship as well." You know this is nice the water is so cool."

"Yeah." Rumi closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. "I was born in this country, you know? Hadn't been here since I was a little girl and Gravel found me." She smiled as the sea breeze flowed through her hair.

"Ou I didn't know that, then you must be mad at me for doing what I’m doing then. All the pillaging, the killing, me burning entire towns and city to the ground and killing there lords. Hell me killing the kings and queens are you mad about all that." Alice laid on her back relaxing in the water.

"Hmm?" Rumi gave it some thought, and shook her head. "Not really. I mean... maybe it should, but it doesn't. It isn't like I lived here long enough to be that loyal, nor did I ever approve of the oppression and slavery of the Light Elves."

"Hum you know Rumi I wanted to talk to you because I want to know, why do you fallow me? Why you still here, I mean you could have left are, killed me or sneaked away so why stay? Why be a part of all the killing I've done, the raiding and pillaging?"

"Well, at first it was to follow your sister's orders. But in the end, I realized that while I didn't approve of all your methods, your goals are admirable. I too want to see vampires as part of the world at large, no longer confined and looked down on."

Alice started to laugh." Ah that's what I wanted to hear, thanks Rumi thanks for staying for all this time. And staying by my side through all of it. Come on we better get out of the water."

Rumi nodded, slowly backstroking to the ship and quickly hopping up it.

Alice helped Rumi on board her ship and looked at her god friends.” Rumi get my generals in clouding the Harpys leader, the giant’s leader and war wolf.”

Rumi nodded and took off. Seclavar tossed Alice a towel. "You look sexy when you're all wet."

“Ou hush you, I’m sure you seeing me like this you probably want to take this dress off me now don’t you?” Alice said in a playful tone.

Grimora leaned over the ship, pretending to vomit, which only got a chuckle out od the pair. Rumi returned with everyone else, all boarding the ship, save for the giants who stood next to it.

“Wonderful now then everyone as you know there’s four army’s coming to destroy our way of life.”

Lorica looked at Alice.” Um Alice what are you wearing, I mean it looks great on you but what’s with the black dress?”

“I bought this some time ago, now then I brought you here to come up with a plan. But first if you wanna leave or run away, run now.”

"Harpies do not run," the Harpy General, Ambrobsia insisted. "We fight to the end."

"And were your raiders Alice Satako said, we stand with you no matter what."

Wulfric nodded. "You freed so many of my gladiator brothers, and we will never leave your side."

Alice smilled and Crixus was of course by her side. But Alice looked at Ergo and walked to him. "And what of you, you wanted to run before but back then you were terrible missed informed. Are you goanna run now?"

"I didn't want to run," he stated, folding his arms. "I simply wanted to keep my people safe. But, if you can promise to keep the non-combatants from harm... I will fight."

That I can do, there the first that need to go. Now giants what about you all will you leave me too?" Before the giants could answer War wolf shouted to Alice.

"Alice we of the south lands will never abandon you, after all you took us from our cold land." Alice smiled at them thanking them for their support, but looked back at giants.

One of the glared at the southlanders, not liking the interruption. "We ain't goin' no wheres. We like it here, and we gonna keep on fightin'!" He grinned widely.

"Ah I see that your speech has gotten better that's wonderful, my what a weird force I've made here. Can you all give me one minute?" Alice went to her captains quarters, after a few minutes she came back out wearing her pirate outfit and of course her hat with flairs on them. Alice put her hat on and looked at her men looking like a demon again. “Alright then let's get some things done first before that damn army comes, Ergo get our non-noncombatants out of the city."

Ergo nodded. "On it... boss." He quickly used his newfound powers to sprint away.

"Hum he seems to be getting used to his roll, now then Gravel I need you to make a crap load of explosives and give them to the Harpys they will launch them from the skies. Giants ou what do I do with you?"

They looked between each other. "We can dig a trench," one offered.

"And line it with spikes," said the second.

"And gather trees and boulders to throw," suggested the third.

Alice clapped her hands. "Wow those are great ideas, i'm so proud of all three of you and how smart you've all become. Get on that. Satako get our cannons ready if they push us back, but as for the field get our archers ready." Lorica nodded her head in agreement." Lorica monsters are our biggest advantage, so as for you I need you to hide in the forest and be prepared to flank them from the sides and behind." Lorice smiled at the idea and went to her monsters. Alice then looked at Marlee and Bambi. "Now then what do you two think you should do huh, because knowing you Marlee I'm betting you want to be in the front line don't you?"

Marlee nodded. "I do, though... don't you think you should have some protection from any assassins that slip through the cracks?"

"Hum Bambi take some of the mercenaries and the tribal to defend our capital, Wulfric Crixus and Marlee will be with me in the front, Scarlet you will take our ships and not only take our civilians out of here while also any enemy ship you see you will obliterate it."

"Of course boss I will whip them off the face of the map."

Alice then looked at Rumi and walked up to her." Rumi what do you want to do?"

Rumi pulled out a dagger and twirled it around her fingers. "I'll stick to the shadows, picking off who I can and making sure no one sneaks up on you."

"Heh then we have a plan, Not sure if well survive this or not but I'm proud of all of you for staying with me. Some of you since the very beginning, but no matter what happens I'm proud of you all, and see you all as family. Now then let's get preparations underway."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
Questioning Destini
Part One

Nov. 1st, 3349
9:46 a.m.

It had been almost a week since Sylvie had returned from the personal trip she had talked about, and yet when they did arrive, Kva was the one to inform Mina they had returned safely. Stranger still, no one save for Titania and Kva said they had even seen Sylvie since she supposedly returned, with Jay being distant, it was odd at least, and potentially worrying at most.

Suspicious, curious, and worried, Mina knocked on Sylvie's door. "Sylvie? Are you in there?"

She heard a suddenly shift, like furniture moving almost, wood on wood. "M-Mina! Oh... I didn't expect you!"

Mina raised an eyebrow. "Is... everything okay? Can I come in?"

"Everything Is fine!" There was a strange reverb to her voice through the door. "Just... Taking care of Jasmine, you know..."

Mina frowned. "Sylvie, please open the door. Whatever it is you're hiding, I'm sure it is fine."

"I just..." The voice stopped. "Look... It's... A lot... I'm not even used to it yet..."

"Used to what?" Mina sighed. "Is there something wrong with you? Shouldn't get Erin?"

There was a sigh as what sounded like footsteps approach. "Alright just... Don't freak out..."

Mina stepped back. "Why would I freak out?"

Unlocking the door and pushing open revealed a Woman made of wood standing before her, a mouthless deer mask for a face with antlers poking from the top.

Mina blinked several times and scratched her head. "Um... what? I don't... Sylvie?"

"Hello." Her voice was slightly hollow. "It's me."

"I, uh... um, you are... I don't..." Mina rubbed her head. "You're... a tree... plant... deer? I am... so confused..."

"I... Transferred my soul from my vessel... Into this one with a ritual from my Goddess... That's the short version..." Sylvie sighed.

"I... I see." Mina sighed. "Well, are you okay? Does it hurt? How does it feel?"

"It hurt... Yes... But I... Don't really feel much anymore..." The Huntress looked down at her wooden hands.

"Is this... something you wanted?" Mina took one of her hands. "Or was it something you had to do?"

"I... I don't know..." Syl shook her head.

Mina frowned. "Are you... okay? Why did you hide this from me? Did you think I would reject you or something?"

"Would it offend you if I said... Yes?" Sylvie admitted to her. "The one I love already has... Jay... I don't know what it is about this form but... I can feel his energy... He feels so cold... Like nothing is there... I hurt him so bad when I became this and I'm afraid we'll never truly recover..."

"Well, it is a bit of a jarring change. You can't blame him for being... off." Mina smiled. "But he cares about you, right? You had a child together, after all. Maybe... he just needs time."

"Jay isn't like other people... He holds the hurt in... I'm afraid this may be too much to bear..." The Plant Woman shifted, revealing what seemed to be a long box hidden under a white taeo behind her on the other side of the room.

Mina couldn't help but notice. "What's that?" she asked, pointing.

Sylvie looked back seeming to panic for a moment before giving in. "It's my... Body..."

"Your body? I don't... o-oh..." Mina's shoulder's slumped. "What... what are you going to do with it?"

"I convinced Ahusirra to bury it here... It's unorthodox but... She allowed it when I explained to her that you are my family..." Ahusirra explained sadly. "But that wasn't the whole truth... I brought it because... I thought that Erin might be able to... Reverse this if I ever changed my mind... If anyone could do it, she could..."

Mina nodded. "I see. Well, um... you want to go bring it... her, you... to see Erin?"

"Okay..." The Huntress took a cloth and wrapped it around her, concealing her form. "There. Now we can go."

They made their way downstairs. Erin looked up from some chemicals she was mixing. "Hey, Mina. Who's your friend in the mask?"

Sylvie walked in with the entire coffinlike box on one shoulder. "Um... Hey Erin... It's me..."

Erin raised an eyebrow, recognizing the voice. "Sylvie? What's with the get-up?"

Betty, hearing the commotion made her way up herself. "Sylvie? Sylvie's back? It's good to see you safe."

The Huntress mentally prepared herself. "It's... Good to be back..."

Betty's eyes then darted up to the box. "What is... Zhat box...? Zhat's not a... coffin, is it?"

Erin looked worried. "D-did we... lose someone?"

Sylvie crossed her arms. "No... Well... Sort of..."

Betty just seemed confused. "What are you talking about..."

The Huntress finally pulled her hood back to reveal her wooden form, setting the coffin down.

"Whoa." Erin looked her up and down, and slowly smiled. "Wow, you're a sentient... gods, all the things I can study... Sylvie, please, sit down! Let me look you over!"

Betty just seemed baffled, "How... Did you become a tree?"

Sylvie walked over towards Erin, "I made a deal with my Goddess to give me more powerful..."

"Really? Interesting... and what do you do for her in exchange? And what fascinating and scientifically baffling things can you do?"

"I... Help protect the forest... And I don't really know... Although I can walk through a tree and come out of any other tree..." The Huntress told her, surprised at her reaction.

"I see, I see. So this form is just a construct, a physical representation that can be transferred at will, while your soul is capable of transferring through plant life. Fascinating..." Erin looked to the side. "What's in the coffin? It isn't... what I think it is, is it?"

Betty paled slightly at where that line of thought was going as Sylvle sighed once more. "Yes... This is my... Body."

Erin's ears sagged a bit, and she let out a long sigh. "Alright, um... put it on the table. We'll... give it a look."

"Alright... I'll warn you, it's a bit hard to look at..." Sylvie prefaced.

Erin nodded, and looked back at Betty. "Maybe you should... not look?"

"N-No... No... I... Maybe you're right..." Betty admitted, rubbing her neck as she turned around.

Confirming Betty couldn't see, Sylvie opened the casket to reveal a horrible sight. It looked as though she had been carved by a wild animal, a massive hole in her chest where her heart should've been. Dried blood covered the inside of the box and ran down her head from her nose and mouth, her skin tone a ghastly pale and her hands were stained red. Her normally vibrant eyes were hazy and glassed over, a look of anguish on her face that hinted at horrible final moments.

Even Sylvie flinched, looking at herself butchered like that. She had hidden it from Jay, he didn't even know she had brought it. It wasn't even hard, considering how distant he was. She couldn't imagine what it would do to him to see the body.

Mina turned around, sorry she had looked. Even Erin was taken aback. She looked between the wound and the hands. "Did... did you do this to yourself?"

Sylvie nodded slowly. "I... I did..."

Mina took several deeps breaths. "What kind of divine being could have you do something so... so awful?"

"I needed to do this to fight Hastur and protect my home... She said this would give me the strength to do so..." The Huntress elaborated. "It was something that every one of my Mothers had done before me... "

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Questioning Destini
Part Two

Erin heard a gasp behind her, Betty having given in at the commotion as looked at the body. The Fly covered her mouth in shock. "And... And zhere wasn't a better way?"

"Not that she told me... No..." Sylvie shook her head.

"That is quite the sacrifice you have made for this strength. I must admit, I am not sure I would have been able to in your position." Erin studied the body carefully. "What are you going to do with... um, your former self?"

"I said I was going to bury her... But I brought her to you in case I ever regretted this... I know she is messed up, but I was hoping if anyone could figure out a way to undo this, it'd be you Erin." The Sylvan walked forward, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Hmm..." Erin took several minutes to examine the body, and let out a sigh. "I don't think I can. I could replace your heart, but the body has decayed too much. The brain cells would all be dead. If I had gotten too it right away, maybe, but too much time has passed." Her nose twitched, and she slowly smiled. "I can't do anything... but I think I know who can." She rushed over to a cabinet and start rummaging through it.

"What... Are you talking about?" Sylvie tilted her head, "Who could you possibly know?"

"Someone who owes Betty and myself a favor." Erin pulled out a small device, fiddling with a few knobs and activating it. "If I'm right, this should call the right person."

A few moments later, a portal opened in the middle of the room, a blonde boy with red eyes stepping in with a yawn. "What is it, Lyr? We don't have a job, and... huh?" He looked around, confused.

"Actually, I'm the one who called you." Erin waved her hand. "Mina, Sylvie, I would like you to meet Destani, god of Fate."

Betty rubbed her neck. "Hi... D... You look well."

The Huntress looked between the couple confused. "I don't understand... How do you two know him?"

Erin shrugged. "It's a... long story. Let's just say we helped him with a time related problem, and he owes us one."

Destani placed his hands behind his head. "Did I say I owed you one? Can't remember that..."

Erin rolled her eyes. "Would you just looked at this body please? We need it... uh, restored."

"Alright, alright. Don't be so pushy." Destani walked over to the coffin. "Yeesh..." He looked up at Sylvie, his eyes running up and down her. "You related to that new goddess? Mevah's daughter?"

"So she did reveal herself to you..." Sylvie hesitated, then nodded. "Yeah... I am."

"Cool." Destani cleared his throat and looked the body over again. "I... don't know what you want me to do."

"Um... fix the body?" Mina stepped forward. "Can you use your powers to undo the damage?"

"There would be no point," Destani stated, folding his arms. "I can't bring people back from the dead without their soul. And to get that, you would need to talk to either..."

"Forget about the soul." Erin pointed at the body. "Can you fix this or not."

The god rubbed the back of his neck. "Well... yeah, I guess. But without her soul, she would be a soulless puppet. Just a living doll."

"You... Control alternate timelines, right?" Sylvie stepped up towards him. "You can go into them at will?"

"I can make changes to create different timelines," Destani stated. "As well as interact to a limited degree with alternate possibilities. What is this about?" He looked between everyone. "Why do you want me to bring back a soulless body? Or alter time? And who is the tree lady?"

Sylvie pointed down at her body. "That's me. Her soul is inside me."

"Oh? Oh... oh!" Destani smiled. "I see, I see! You want to put your soul back into that mortal shell. Well... a slightly healthier version of it, anyway."

"Not quite yet?" Erin corrected. "But we want the possibility to be open. We can figure out the soul transferring later, but we need to know if it is even possible to repair the body."

The god grinned smuggly. "Well, of course it is! Who do you think you're talking to." He looked down at the body and raised an eyebrow. "I'll need a little more of her though. Uh... where is your heart?"

"Uh... It kind of... Turned into a cloud of Fireflies..." The Former Human nodded awkwardly.

"I see." Destani shook his head. "Well, the body kinda needs a heart to live."

"Will a replacement do?" Erin walked from the back with a jar. In it was a heart, floating in a liquid that glowed an ethereal blue, and slowly beating.

Mina placed a hand on her hip. "Why... do you have that?"

"Oh, please." Erin rolled her eyes. "I own a talking Grimiore, a sword that steals souls, seeds from a hellfruit, and the freaking Émigré Manuscript, along with a plethora of cursed items, and you're questioning the heart? Just be glad it's human and not Netzi or Elf."

"Wait..." Sylvie spoke out. "I have a crazy idea... I realize if I change back, even after Hastur is defeated, I'm betraying my home... My Goddess and my people..."

She looked as Destani. "But you could do something to help everyone..."

Destani looked back. "Go ahead, shoot."

"Ahusirra said the ritual could kill me if I wasn't strong enough... Couldn't you just... Go to a timeline where I died, take my soul from there, bring it here and put in this body?" Sylvie told him step by step. "That way... Jay can be happy, Jasmine can have a Mom and I can save my home..."

"Oh, wow..." Destani rubbed his wrist. "That's a... few extra steps, isn't it." He took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. "I, um... I suppose I could enter such a theoretical timeline. I would have to go back to when you did this, and create a fissure to create such a timeline... I am pretty sure I could get away with it without my father finding out if I'm careful."

"But you can do it? Right?" The Sylvan almost begged. "I promise I would owe you forever..."

Destani sighed, and nodded. "Yeah... alright. I guess it wouldn't hurt."

"But Sylvie." Mina placed a hand on her shoulder. "Don't you realize what this will mean? They'll be happy together, but... but you'd be giving them up. With this other Sylvie taking your place, you could... never change back. Are you okay with that?"

"Yeah... This other you would love Jay and take care of Jasmine but what about you... Won't you be alone?" Betty explained.

Sylvie's head dropped. "I will..."

Erin frowned. "Are you sure you want to go through with it?"

"This is the only way everyone is happy..." Tears dropped from her mask.

"Everyone but you..." Betty walked up to her.

"If that's the way it has to be for Jay to have the happy life he deserves..." The Huntress trailed off.

Destani nodded. "Alright. If this is what you really want... just give me a second." He watched Sylvie, seeing if she wanted him to stop.

She just began to cry as Mina held her, resting her wooden head into Ms. Havenbrook's body.

"Sylvie! Think this through!" Betty exclaimed. "Do you really think Jay would believe Ahusirra would just give your body back? What if he finds out!?"

"Then what do you suggest I do Betty!?" The Earth Mage screamed through her tears. "Either I betray Jay and Jasmine and ruin their life, I betray Ahusirra and my Home and family and hurt them, or I do this and only hurt myself... What do I do Betty!?"

Her Wooden form just crumpled to the ground. "What do I do..."

Mina sighed, hugging her tightly. "Maybe... maybe you should talk this over with Jay. Be honest with him. Ask him... what he thinks."

"Maybe... Okay... I'll try... I'll try..." She whispered, triggering Betty to also embrace her.

"In the meantime...: Destani took the heart from Erin. "Why don't I restore this body. You don't have to make your decision right now. After all, that point in time isn't going anywhere. So I'll restore your original body. Then you can decide later to transfer into it, transfer another soul into it, or... you know, put it down. The point is there is no need to rush into any decision. You have choices and time to think about them."

"Okay... Okay..." Syl looked up. "Thank you Destani..."

Destani winked at her, and moved over to the body to get to work.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Black0ut, Dahlexpert, Frostlich1228, & ZombieSplitter53
Norsca or Die
Part One

Helvan/Norsca
Nov. 5th, 3349
5:22 p.m.

The time had finally come, night was falling on Alice’s Kingdom of Norsca, literally and figuratively.

From four sides, the country was being attacked. From the north came Themosa, from the east Bevland, from the ocean to the west came Mirandia, and the small but powerful vampire army came in from the south. Alice’s kept the invading navy at bay, but it wasn’t looking good. The harpies swooped in on the Themsans, but were outnumbered. Trained monsters matched strength with the invading Vampires, but it seemed only a matter of time. The trenches and thrown trees and rocks from the giants slowed the advancement of the Bevland army, but advance they did. It wasn’t too long until the armies were knocking on the capital’s doors.

Lana'thel quickly dodged out of the way of a slammed tree trunk from one of the Giants, reaching her magic his body as suddenly stopping blood flow to his heart. The Massive Humanoid clutched it's chest painfully before his heart exploded and he spewed blood from his mouth, falling backwards.

The Blood Queen stood upon the Giant’s body, facing her people. “Men and Women of Draculesti! Long have we stood isolated from the world, sitting and watching as the planet spun around us. But we are here today to show the Mortals that we can handle our own problems, and that problem is Alice Valentine… The Woman who enslaved your friends and greatest champions the Seven, who kidnapped her own sister Lilith, who murdered in cold blood your Leaders… Draculesti! We fight to prove to the world we aren't savages like the woman hold up in that castle! To avenge our fallen leaders, my friends! And to save the Seven, who have protected us bravely against this threat! This battle will shape the future of our City and even this world! Show them that the Vampires of Draculesti can be ignored no longer!”

On the Raiders front, the archers were raining flaming arrows on the coming army, Alice herself was leading from the back, something she was not used to. She went to the Harpy leader and gave her group some positions, and told them to stick to the skies and drop explosives. Alice told the giants to stop throwing boulders for now and wait on her command to charge east, Alice saw that things were looking bad for her army and that she couldn't stay in the back. “Norsca! Look at these soft worms, they had to bring four armies to fight us! They do this because they fear you! They know they can’t fight us if there were two countries united, they plan on taking what we made for ourselves! Well, they won’t! We will show these pathetic armies how we fight and how we do things here! Archers, throw the grog barrels down on their heads and set them ablaze! Harpies, stay in the air! If you need to swoop down, go after there cannons, stay away from there anchors! Lorica, get our heavy beast ready and charge them. Giants stick with the westside with Wulfric. Seven, Satako, Crixus, your with me will be pathing the way for our people, and Ergo come from the back as a rear guard. We stand together and fight for our land!” Alice pointed her Ax forward. “For Norsca!” The War goddess blessing appeared on Alice chest in the form of a tattoo, and her army felt a surge of power going through them.

The battles waged on and on for hours and hours. Several days straight, the fighting went on. Alice had several advantages that made it harder to fight her. Her people were well trained. They had a defending position. As long as Alice was strong and fit, the blessing she had extended to her people. Whatsmore, Mirandia’s navy and the vampire army were out of practice, and Themosa was weakened by its own ongoing, unofficial civil war. But these advantages only stretched so far. War was, among other things, a numbers game, and no matter how strong Alice’s people were and how well defended, they were horribly outnumbered. Furthermore, Bevland might have been weakened by their struggle with demons of late, but they were well versed in battle, and Graeme made for a powerful commanding officer.

As well while the Draculesti Army was out of practice, Lana'thel was proving herself to be just a competent a general as she was in the Nocturnum War, drawing enemy defenders out of the fortifications in faux retreats and pinning groups of the Bandits between the army and cutting them off. The Raiders lack of experience in a large scale battle showing. As well, all the forces noticed that the attackers wounds healed faster, men who would be out for weeks were healing in only a day, meanwhile, Alice’s troops found themselves frequently tangled in strange, fast growing thorny bushes that they swore weren't there before the battle.

The troops of Norsca were pushed against the wall. Still, they did not stop fighting. Their resolve and loyalty towards Alice was unpredictably high, making fights that would normally end in retreats and surrenders go on and on. Still, Alice herself found that she was back into her capital city, scanning over maps and using harpies to send messages. You fast thinking vampire mind was the only thing keeping her aware. A human would have likely fumbled, if not broken, under the pressure by now.

Suddenly, Rumi burst into the throne room, looking distraught. “Alice! It’s time! They’re here!”

Alice looked at her maps, but she then stood up straight and turned to Rumi giving her her Ax. “Rumi, I need you to hold this for me. I need to do something. You remember how we captured this nation and what I did to do it?”

Rumi blinked. “What do you mean? I mean… we fought… and you captured the Kings and Queens…”

“The other time, when we were like this our troops backs against the wall some losing faith in me. There are thousands of dead out there. Why keep them dead?”

Rumi nodded. “I’ll try and keep a hold of things, but the Havenbrook assassins…” Her eyes widended. She jumped back, and threw a dagger in Alice’s direction. It intercepted another dagger flying towards her head, just stopping it in time.

“I’m afraid you don’t have time for that, Alice.” A group stepped into the throne room. Some were people Alice recognized from Havenbrook. Some were unknown. But Alice recognized the two men from the band of seven she never capture. Richard cracked his neck back and forth. Nowhere left to run, I’m afraid. Nowhere to hide. You’re not leaving this room alive.”

“Wow look what I have here, two failures when it comes to hunting me.” Alice looked at Kva. “A former friend who has no business being here standing with our people.” Alice looked at Jacque. “I don’t even know why you’re here, teach. The rest of you must be Havenbrooks people. Truth be told I’m surprised you recognize me. After all I don’t look like the Alice you remember.”

Jacque cracked his neck. “You look a lot different after you murdered my friends on the Council…”

Kva looked between them. “I should've put you down ages ago. All those deaths are on my hands.”

“Aw, I killed some people, but wow, look where you are you morons! Your outside the city for the first time in three hundred years, you ungrateful worms. Do you think the old council would have gotten you here? No, they would have been fine with cowering in there city!”

“Regardless… that was not your choice to make.” Black countered taking a step forward. “Your bloodlust and rage blind you to what you have done to those who care about you. Normally, I wouldn't care…” Corruption began leaking out of the armor. “But hurting Silver was a step too far.”

Alice raised her eyebrow. “Wait I remember you, you came to my camp, telling me to free slaves. So tell me, how can you side with people that have slaves huh? If you would have let me be, Themosa would have fell in a few weeks. Then there would have been no more slavery, but you do know that siding with them means they will never change, right?” Alice said, buying her time.

A fading light seemed to go into the Knight's helm before she tossed it aside. “And you are a tyrant who would rule over them. Trading one slave master for another wasn't my intention.” The armor began to warp as the corruption flowed out more easily. “But your death will suffice.” Saying that, the Knight lunged at Alice, before switching her trick blade’s hidden gun out. Moving her arm away from Alice, she instead fired at Rumi, hoping to eliminate one potential enemy.

Rumi gasped, flinching. A moment later, she opened her eyes to find the shot hadn’t hit her, but Grimora standing in front of her. “That was close, kid?” Grimora smiled back at Rumi, then looked at Alice. “Sorry I’m late.” She waved her hand, and several portals opened, allowing her generals to enter.

“Hey, you can’t do that!” Valyrie shorted, hefting up her heavy sword on her shoulder. “Aren’t you a goddess? You’re not allowed to interfere with the wars down here like that.”

Grimora smirked. “I was told I’m allowed to transport people. It isn’t my fault I just so happened to appear in the way of that attack.” She looked at Alice once more. “These guys will be handled with a little of my… accidental positioning. You ready to go out and raise the dead?”

“Gladly. Rumi, use my ax as best you can. Generals, hold them off as best you can I’ll be back.”

Rumi nodded nervously. Grimora cracked her knuckles and raised her hand to summon another portal.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Norsca or Die
Part Two

However, instead it glowed green, the elegant visage of the newly returned Goddess of Flora and Fauna stepping through. “Oh. That means what I think it means. Hello, Grimora, or should I say… Sister?”

Grimora narrowed her eyes. “You’re that new… g-go away! What are you doing here? You have no stake in this fight, so go away!”

“What better way to prove my power to the other Gods than to defeat you? Besides… I really detest undead…” Scathatch’s face turned serious.

Kva then stepped up. “What are you doing Grimora? Are you really fighting us? What did Alice tell you? That she single handedly went to Hell and fought off those Demons by herself?”

Grimora waved her hand. “Don’t. I’m not stupid. I know she had help. But I also know you went there because I was a job. She went there for me and me alone. Besides, the amount of Darkness spread by her actions has filled me with more power than ever before. More than enough to take out this so called returning goddess. If that isn’t good enough, well…” She grinned. “Then how about because I’m helping a friend of mine.”

“I accepted that mission as a favor to your Father. A mission that she wouldn't have even gone on if I hadn't invited her. Can't you see now she only went to get you around her thumb?” The Dhampir shook her head.

“Enough!” Grimora pointed at Kva. “You have been a thorn in Alice’s side for long enough! You’re next!” She turned to Scathatch. “After I take care of you.” She formed a scythe and charged. “Time to do some gardening!”

“Now!” Richard yelled. “Before anyone can get away.” With that, the room erupted into chaos, everyone on one side going after the closest person on the other side. Ergo tackled Richard to the ground, only for Sylvie to use her powers to restrain Ergo. Rumi tossed several knives to distract Sylvie before having to dodge Alex’s attacks once more. Tezrian charged the Black knight, only to be tripped up by Damian, who was nearly split in two by Gravel.

Soon, the chaos subsided and fighters paired off, though these pairings changed often. One pair that stayed for a while, however, was Titania, daughter of Runseca and fastest of the Havenbrook Hunters, and Ergo, reluctant combatant and the only Light Elf vampire in the world. He twirled his long sword and pointed it at the wolf Thrope. “So what is your stake in this, lady?”

“My girlfriend is fighting for her people and my best friend asked me to keep people safe.” She responded simply, twirling her own blade. “That and he wanted me to protect his kind… which I'll have to ignore to fight you.” She got into a readied stance, but her eyes held a strange curiosity in them.

“You’re wondering why I’m a Light Elf and a vampire if that is supposed to be impossible, huh? Not sure I understand why myself. Let’s just say I’m nothing but a twisted science experiment from a twisted man. I exist to fight and die for my people, and that’s what I intend to do. I my be a vampire now, but what I do, I do for my Light Elf brethren.” He charged with incredible speed, locking swords with her with impressive strength. “May I ask the name of my opponent,” he asked as they struggled, almost sounding chivalrous.

“Titania. And my friend would like you… he's a Light Elf too… and I saved him from Helvan. He'd probably open up to you a little.” She murmured, taking one of her hands off to grab one of her daggers. “I'd prefer you and I talked this out over some tea, but I doubt you'll agree, right?” Her dagger nicked his side, but refrained from any serious damage.

He jumped back, holding his side briefly as it quickly healed. “I’m afraid I must decline. But there is something you can do for me, if you would.” He swung several times at her, left, right, left, left, right, and down.

Titania blocked all but one slash, a cut on her arm being the resulting damage. “I can't die yet. I have a daughter at home to think about.” Her flame suddenly came ablaze, as she backed off, her arms and blade disappearing. “But if we must fight to the death, I promise to bury you in the Regallis crypt. You seem like a good person…”

“Thank you, but I’d like to keep you alive if possible.” His eyes glanced to the side. “Just… tell Kvathat I’m sorry. She is probably both confused and disappointed to see me hair. Just… tell her I had my reasons…” He lifted his sword once more. His sight was so much better as a vampire, but even with that, he couldn’t track her speedy arms. Knowing this was going to be either a quick win or a quick defeat, he charged, suddenly shifting into a wolf a few feet in front of her to try and throw Titania off.

Her dagger flew at him at ludicrous speeds as tried to evade his reckless charge. As she began to move away she slashed at where he was with her fire sword, hoping to buy herself more time to figure out a better way to defeat him.

Ergo dodged the dagger but was left open for the sword attack, howling in pain and rolling to the side to put out the flame. He turned back into his humanoid for and held his side, the fire damage healing a lot slower then any normal cut. He lacked the strength he had when fighting Alice. And yet, he kept on attacking, moving in for a slide kick and a vertical slash. “Speed better not be all you have!”

Titania’s leg was slashed as she dodged the kick. Her eyes grew colder as her hand vibrated with speed, before she threw a hard punch her speed rendering the blow invisible. Another sword slash came down from her blade aimed to cut him in half.

The punch connected with his jar, throwing him off. He quickly dodged to the side, skidding to a stop a few feet away, breathing heavily as he lifted his hand to hold back the blood leaking from where his right arm had been. “Damn it all…”

“Yield or die. I have been nice enough.” She said emotionlessly, as she began approaching him unsheathing her second dagger.

Ergo closed his eyes. His purpose had been fulfilled. He hated being a pawn of Alice’s, but his people were safe, and he owed her to have her ploy play out fully, and that meant playing his part to the end. He suddenly dashed for his fallen sword, snatching it up and swinging for Titania’s neck.

Her dagger parried it, absorbing most of the blow. Her neck held a little cut that dripped blood. “I’m disappointed. I rarely am nice to those I fight against… but I suppose I'm sorry for what I'm about to do.” She stared into his eyes, as her sword cut through his other arm. “But you don't get to die so easily. No… you get to face what you have done. Live with the guilt. Now be a good Vampire and stay out of the fight.”

Ergo chuckled, falling to his knees. He looked to his sides as the bleeding stopped. “And the vampirism denies me even a death by bleeding out. What cruel irony…”

“You'll live. And if you attack me again, I will take more limbs. So stay put. I have other people to kill.” She said emotionlessly, her blade tapping the side of his face, burning it slightly before she turned around for her next opponent, or as she preferred, victim.

Meanwhile, the Plant Woman slid to a stop, digging her hand into the floor as she scanned the room for threats, instantly spotting the Swordswoman closest to her.

The woman threw throwing knives at Sylvie, but her plants protected her. “Stay the hell away from my people!” The woman yelled wearing a mask over her face.

Sylvie stood up, “Your 'people’? And who is that?”

“The people of Norsca, I will defend this land and it’s people with my life!” The masked woman charged Sylvie using her Katana to chop the plants that Sylvie was sending to her way, she was quickly in front of Sylvie and kicked her stomach.

The Huntress slid back, “If you're with the bandits and the killers. Then I have no sympathy for you.” She then suddenly launched a hail of thorns from out of her wooden arm, having had time to discover her new body’s abilities.

The masked woman used her sword to slice the thorns coming her way, and again charged Sylvie again slicing any plant attack that came her way.” Oh come now don’t tell me this is all you got because this is nowhere near enough to beat me.”

“Please.” The Huntress blocked the sword swings with thick roots which crashed through the castle walls. She then took her spear and quickly tried to impale the Samurai.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Norsca or Die
Part Three

The masked woman quickly moved to the side and lunged her sword into Sylvie side, she then took the spear and sammed it into her foot. However the tree woman reacted as of she had felt no pain, taking the opportunity to seize Sadako’s neck in her wooden hand and beginning to squeeze.

Satako quickly lunged her sword into the rooted her sword into arm and slid it to the her side releasing herself.” Hum You must be on of Havenbrooks people, I mean nothing but freaks come from there.”

“I’d rather be a freak than a monster any day…” Sylvie pulled the sword from her side, throwing at the Woman blade first and following behind it, ready to tear into her with her newly gained claws.

Satako dogged her sword but suddenly before Sylvie could touch Satako she had a cut on her shoulder.” Hm you know I don’t usually use this weapon.” The weapon was a large sword that looked like it came from Stormrend.” I’m sorry but let me introduce myself.” The woman removed her mask revealing that she had a eye patch on her left eye.” My name is Satako i’m the leader of the archers you people were dealing with, and the trainer of this army. And I hail from Stormrend.” The sword Satako held was bigger than her her but she held it like it weighs nothing.

“Why work with this Vampire? Is it just for the money? For the fun of killing people?” Sylvie readied herself again, taking her wooden spear off her back.

“Why do I follow Alice? That’s a stupid question, I take my oath very seriously but my previous master was a weak and spineless person not worth protecting so I killed them and became a raider. But my previous crew were a sad sorry excuse for warriors then Alice found me, she is a better master than any I surve, she is strong and carrying for her people and I will give my life to see her dream a reality!” Satako charged Sylvie however she acted like a completely different person, her sword with it’s long reach kept Sylvie at bay but Satako would some time lunge in punching her jaw and driving her knee into her throat.

Retaliating quickly, Sylvie slammed her masked head into Sadako's, quickly figuring out a way to win this fight. The Huntress lashed out with the roots, swiping them at her rapidly and viciously.

Satako chopped through the roots quickly, and slashed her sword against her chest.” If your trying to hit my blind spot it won’t work, Thoughts think that are fools.”

Sylvie just kept her distance, continually attacking with the roots, however, as Sadako's was slicing through them, something caught her attention. When she cut the roots, the separated parts of the wood we're almost flaking off into small wooden balls. The balls began to glow lightly with energy, cracking open and almost hatching into what seemed to be a swarm of Inch and a half long wooden Bees. The cloud suddenly began to surround her, her clunky greatsword not very effective against the swarm of agile stinging insects as they harried and stung her from all sides.

“Ahh damn you were is the honor in this bitch!” Satako quickly lunged her sword at Sylvie but easily missed her, Satako fell back and went to find a torch to get theses things away from her.

Suddenly, as she searched, more, this text thorned roots slammed up out of the ground and caught her legs, wrapping around them and holding her down as the swarm kept up it's stinging frenzy.

As Satako struggled getting stung all over she reached into her arrow pouch and pulled out a pouch of grog and lit it on fire she then swung the bag around getting the swarm away from her, she then used her bag to burn the roots on her leg.” Now i’m angry.” Satako used her bow started to fire arrows at Sylve backing up while she she did so.

The Arrows bounced off roots she called in to defend herself, it was then that Sadako's noticed that the spear was no longer in her hand. The Tree Woman felt a sense of slight satisfaction as she watched a coiled vine behind the Samurai launched the spear towards the incapacitated Woman, cutting through the air like a ballista bolt.

Satako quickly grabbed her katana as the spear went through her arm, Satako yelled in pain but sliced the vine she then looked at the tree woman and ran to her. As Sylvie launched more thrones at her Satako used her Katana to cut them she quickly got closer to Sylvie as she grabbed her other sword and started to cut through the vines faster.

Sylvie just stood there, shaking her head, “You should've just given up…”

Sylvie began to radiate energy, her entire body glowing with magic as Sadako's body grinded to a stop against her will, unable to move to attack the Sylvan as her muscles fought back and disobeyed the commands from her brain.

Satako struggled but she couldn't move.” Damn you honorless bitch!”

“I bet all the innocent people you've robbed and murdered said the same thing to you.” Syl walked up only an inch from her, holding her spear near the tip like a dagger. “Now. Should I kill or you or not?”

Satako spit in Sylvie face.” I fight for Norsca you damn winch.” Satako keeping her pride and loyalty to Alice even in the face of death.

Taking the point of the wooden spear, Sylvie began to strike her but stopped, instead resting a wooden hand on top of her head. “Hopefully you'll come back as something nice.”

Sadako then began to feel the energy draining out of her, like her life force was being stolen away. Her vision began to fade in and out as her skin lost its color and began to wrinkle and atrophy. A cold numbness enveloped the Samurai's entire body, filling her last moments as her consciousness faded away into darkness.

Alex had moved about quite a bit during the fight, but now found herself facing the combined might of a psychic, vampiric Netzi and her Wraith powered living armor guardian. Babani circled around the Black Knight, shards of stones and glass swirling around her. You have no hope of winning. I don’t know what you are, but I know I can kill anything, even you.

“I will consume your souls.” Black merely replied, as the corruption around her began to pool into a larger area. “Netzi always think they can win with their contraptions… but three hundred years of restraining myself, and even a soul that is as disgusting as yours looks viable…” Her trick blade cleared it's sheath as she eyed the Netzi, making sure to be able to counter Tezrian if he attacked.

Hmph… Babani tested the waters, firing the materials floating around her attack the corrupted woman.

Black blocked with her sword. “Is that the best you can manage? Should I put a hand behind my back to make it easier for you, Netzi?” The Knight taunted, as she began to approach her.

Not on your life… or whatever it is you call that. Babani held both her hands forward. Gradually, as Alex walked forward, more and more pressure pushed on her from every side. Let’s see how tough you are when you’re crushed to the size of a walnut.

The warrior paused, almost as if in fear before laughing. “This suit of armor can be crushed but I will be very much alive… but let's sample you first…” the pool around her zipped away towards Babani, the corruption trying to catch the psychic vampire. Babani floated up, trying to push the corruption back, but moving physical objects and moving magical ones were two different things.

“I am hungry… surrender if you want to live with your soul intact… die and be a delicious meal if you want.” Black’s voice rang out, it's tone ethereal in nature. As if to follow her words, the corruption pool lunged for the Netzi. Behind the Black Knight, Tezrian finally made its move, running up with surprising speed and slamming down its axe.

The armor dodged somewhat, it's arm falling off to reveal… nothing. “Hello… you're so cute for trying to take me down… while the Netzi struggles for her life, I'll enjoy ripping into you.” Black sheathed her sword and grabbed her arm, pulling some of the corruption back from Babani to keep it in place. Another lunge of the corruption pool narrowly missed said Netzi, falling back down some ways.

A low growl came from within Tezrian’s armor, and it tossed the axe to the side. Opening the helmet, the true opponent floated out, a frightening looked wraith. It screeched loudly, and slashed it the corruption with ethereal claws.

Black’s blade merely warped with corruption to counter it, some strain in her voice. “You're an undead too? Maybe after this fight we should get around to talking.” She flirted, as she darted away to fire several shots at Babani.

The wraith flew up into the air, the shots striking it and protecting the Netzi. It snarled angrily, its eyes glowing red. “Nocere tibi non liceat te dominum Babani…

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Norsca or Die
Part Four

“Alright, alright. Don't hurt her. I got it.” Black grumbled disappointedly, imbuing her next shot with the chaotic corruption that made her body. “But that means I have to kill you and knock her out. How about I just knock her out and you and I can just talk?” Firing directly at the Wraith, the corruption pool on the ground changed targets, lunging for Tezrian instead.

Tezrian barely dodged the shot, but the lunging corruption slammed into it, sending it flying to the ground. No! Babani cried out. Leave Tezrian alone! She yelled like a parent defending their child. She charged down towards the Black Knight, knowing there was little she could actually do to harm her, but firing off intense waves of psychic energy in a desperate attempt to accomplish something.

Black stumbled a bit from the psychic blasts, but merely laughed. “I won't kill him, Netzi. He's too cute. And he likes you… so I can't kill or hurt you.” Black’s pool lunged at the Netzi, trying to latch on to her. “But I can knock you out as a favor to him.”

It finally reached her, the Netzi sending waves of energy in an attempt to knock it off, blasting the walls, ceiling, and other fighters, but doing very little against the corrupted magic. Get the hell off me!

“I am made of corruption and I could steal your soul right now and eat it. However… your Tezrian is what stops me… he… intrigues me in a way I haven't felt before. So, no feeding my hunger. But I will have to knock you out.” Black raised her sword and dashed over to the Netzi, hitting her over the head with the trick blade.

Tezrian quickly flew over, knocking the corrupted knight away and gripping Babani, shaking her lightly. “Babani? Surgit? Babani?” He carefully examined her, like a doctor would a patient. An ethereal, very creepy looking doctor.

“She's unconscious, Tezrian. I made an exception to eating her soul. Take her away from here if you care about her.” Black groaned in irritation, getting off of the ground. “And was it necessary to hit me when I told you I wouldn't kill her?”

Tezrian slowly put her down and looked up at Alex. “Paenitemus, corrupta est. Timui propter eius salutem. Deterioratus tu?

“I'm old, but not that old. I cannot understand you, Tezrian. And… I'm an imprint of someone else. I hid her soul before I engaged in fighting. I could understand you briefly, but I doubt you would trust me so far.” Black sheathed her blade, conjuring a pitch black face with white eyes. “So… raise your right hand if you wish to go through with talking with me, left if you wish to leave instead. I will honor whichever choice you make.”

The ethereal being looked down at his hands. Slowly, he raised his right hand. “H-hard. Babani… speak… mind. But… try…

Black walked slowly over to him, a corrupted arm forming from where the torn armor was. She reached over and gently grabbed his hand and concentrated. “I'm binding us until we let go. You can talk fully and I should be able to understand you… or… mostly understand you.”

Tezrian nodded. “Alice Valentine… uses mind control on Babani. Tezrian… follows Babani. Always. So Tezrian fights to… protect Babani. Babani sets Tezrian free, so Tezrian protects Babani, even if Tezrian hates Alice.”

“Then take her and go. She'll wake up still controlled, but you can keep her safe.” Black whispered, straining herself to maintain the connection. “So the fighting can end. You can rest with her if you desire… but keeping her here will get her killed.”

Tezrian nodded again. “I will… see you again?”

“I hope. You are rather cute…” Black murmured, opening an eye to stare at him.

Tezrian nodded one last time. He released her, and picked up Babani. He bowed his head. “Gratias tibi.” he said, and quickly floated out of the room.

“Stay safe… now… I'll kill Alice. That'll alleviate Kva, Lana, Silver, and Alex’s pain…” She murmured to herself, as she reattached her arm and unsheathed her sword.

Damian dodge left and right, back and to the side. Gravel grit his teeth angrily, slashing with his huge sword with incredible speed, but could not land a hit. Damian hadn’t bothered launching an attack. He had no need to so far. “Are we almost done?” he asked, yawning.

“Damn vampiric son of bitch!” Gravel snapped, jumping back and tossing a mini explosive, which blew up in Damian’s face.. “How do you like that?!” he laughed, only to snarl again when Damian stepped out of the smoke, unharmed. “Why won’t you die?!”

Damian shrugged. “Why won’t you just give up?” He sighed. “I really should go help someone else.” He looked to the side. “Looks like the Platinum knight could use some help.”

“Asshole.” Gravel shook his head. “Always looking down on us humans. Think you’re so much better than me?! Not when I kill you?!” He went to slam his heavy sword down.

Damian quickly caught the sword with one hand. His arm buckled ever so much. “Hmm… you have gotten stronger. But I am afraid I am better than you, at least in combat. I’m stronger. I’m faster. I have magic. A have five hundred more years of experience then you.” He lifted the blade attached onto his other arm. “But I really do think you are better than me at plenty of other things. As anyone would a friend.”

“Fuck you!” Gravel spat out, pushing harder.

His vampire opponent sighed. “I’ll… just assume all this is the mind control talking and not how you really feel. I really must defeat you now, so…”

He was suddenly thrown off by a massive shockwave, one of Babani’s panicked psychokinetic blasts hitting him hard. This was followed by several punches to his face, and ended with Gravel cleaving his Zanbatō straight threw Damian’s body. “W-what?!”

“Overconfidence is a bitch, isn’t it?” Gravel said with a grin, yanking the sword out. Damian dropped to the ground, and Gravel laughed triumphantly.

Damian squeezed his eyes shut in pain, holding his oozing wound as he started to bleed out. “Some day, you’ll… regret this my… dear friend.”

“Yeah? Well, not today.” Gravel walked away as Damian’s arms fell to the side. “If you’ll excuse me, I see some of the others need my help,” he mumbled, a sour look on his face.

“You ready for this?” Marlee said softly as she and Rumi faced off against Jacque.

Rumi laughed nervously. “Y-yeah, why not? I mean, he’s not a vampire, and, like, over three hundred years old, right? How tough can he be?”

Marlee cleared her throat. “Yeah… right.” She pulled out her swords, twirling them.

“You two should know better…” The Vampire Hunter slammed the bottom of his cane into the ground, causing it to split into a segmented, bladed whip. “Or Is that the Mind Control?”

The women exchanged a glance, and Rumi shook her head. “We’re not under mind control. We… have our reasons. Ones you wouldn’t understand.”

His look turned grim. “What do you mean? You're turning against your people, your country, and your loved ones… The Rumi and Marlee I trained and helped raise wouldn't do that… Especially not for her…”

“We need to see this through to the end,” Rumi stated. “Alice… isn’t as bad as she seems. She has her reasons. Some good ones too. You just wouldn’t understand.” She tossed several knives, and ran forward, silver sword at the ready.

Jacque easily deflected the knives. “Isn't as bad? She murdered the council… The people of Draculesti, the people she is claiming to help, are dying out there as they fight her army. I don't exactly believe you.”

“She is setting them free!” Rumi tossed her sword at him. When he dodged it, she started swinging at him with the axe she got from Alice. Marlee came to her side, and the pair rapidly swung their weapons as Jacque defended. “The council was an impotent bunch of old men and women who would see the vampires imprisoned forever!” Rumi insisted. “This is their fault!”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Norsca or Die
Part Five

“They were my friends!” Jacque retracted the bladed whip, easily blocking their attacks with his staff.

“I'll fix you.” The Dark Elf pulled out a swirling vial of liquid, quickly uncorking it and drinking it back. His body then began to blur, looking to the two members if the Seven like they were seeing double. In an instant, thirty knives we're thrown at both of them, the form of Silver hard for even Marlee’s eyes to keep track of.

The pair split up, trying their best to dodge the attacks. Marlee burst into bats, making it easier for the blades to miss, but several struck home. She reformed, crying out as the silver burned her flesh. Rumi got several blades stuck in her arms and legs herself, he pain from being a human trying to face an ancient Elf of great power. She quickly pulled out a smoke bomb, throwing it down and disappearing. “We don’t want to do this,” Rumi said. “Please, just stop your fighting already.”

“I don't want to do this either, but I came here to save you.” Silver returned his cane to it's whip state, spinning it around him at unbelievable speed and forming an almost tornado of blades in the smoke.

Marlee grit her teeth, afraid her friend would be diced up. Instead, Rumi dived down from above the Silver Knight, yelling as she brought her axe down. “Just go away!” she screamed.

Jacque dodged out of the way of the axe in an instant, catching her arm and back and pinning her to the ground. “Never. I refuse to lose another student.”

Marlee ran over, swinging her blade. To the untrained eye, she seemed set on cutting Jacque’s head off. But an experienced man like him saw something was off. The swing was sloppy and slow. Whatsmore, he realized Marlee had been unusually quiet this whole time, usually the first to voice her opinion but staying silent for some reason.

Jacque easily blocked the attack, pulling the blade out of her hands. “Marlee?”

She blinked, and swung with her other sword. “S-sorry, master. But… we have to see this through to the end… even if it means our deaths.”

“You don't have to do this Marlee… You're not her Slave, you know what she's done is evil… The Prideful woman I trained would never allow herself to be used like this…” Silver caught the other sword, pleading with her.

Marlee shook slightly, a tear rolling down her cheek. “I… can’t. I don’t know… what to…” She looked behind Jacque. Gravel was running up and poise to split the Silver knight in two. All Marlee had to do was keep him here. Instead, instinct took over. “Look out behind you!” she suddenly yelled.

Jacque quickly turned around, catching the axe in his trick weapon, then proceeding to pull back and deftly disarm the large warrior. Silver quickly noticed the blood on the weapon however, looking over to where Gravel had come from and seeing his comrade’s body. “Damian!”

Marlee followed his gaze. “No…”

“What are you doing?!” Gravel demanded. “Are you betraying Alice after coming this far?!”

“You… you killed him…” Marlee grit her teeth. “I was willing to die for this cause, but I never expected…”

Gravel punched her hard enough to send her flying back. “Traitor!” He turned to Jacque and started tossing is miniature explosives at the older Elf.

Jacque with his phylactery of speed still active caught every single bomb in mid air and threw them back. “I really hope you survive this.”

Gravel frowned and held up his arms. “Crap…” He was engulfed in several explosions, a cloud of smoke obscuring him.

Rumi panted heavily as she stood up and lifted Alice’s axe. She looked to the side and all around her. Satako was withered. Ergo lay in a pool of blood, his arms gone. Damian was motionless to the side. And Gravel, like a big brother to her, was just caught in a massive explosion. The axe fell to the ground, and she dropped to her knees. “Not like this. We… just wanted them to be free. We… didn’t want all this…”

“Well look where it got you… Your people are fighting and dying out there… Our city is in chaos, our leaders murdered, your friends are killing each other… The last three hundred years we have spent trying to carefully make our way back to the world, so we can live without the memory of the Nocturnum War on our backs… is wasted…” Jacque stood over her like a disappointed parent. “You have shown the world that everything they have ever believed about us was right… It'll likely take another three hundred years to forget this…”

“It won’t!” Alice yelled, having a brief moment of time in her fight.”You want to know why, we fight to get you ungrateful fuck out of that prison city, because by the time people forgot about the nocturnm war there would be no vampires left! They celebrated our defeat for three hundred years. This was the only outcome that or extinction, and now we're free. Free to change the worlds mind with this battle, with this one battle our past will be forgotten. Now will my generials stop doubting this and listing to there nonsense and fight! Fight to the bitter end!” Suddenly, a gauntlet fist slammed into her head, Kva standing there with a blood rage in her eyes.

“Look where you are you deluded bitch! How are you still so blind! Your army is out there right now killing the people you claim to want to help!” The Dhampir threw her helmet off. “You'll never be able to see past your hate, will you… This fucking filter you see everything in! You're still living three hundred years in the past!”

Alice head butted Kva and punched her to the other half of her throne room yelling, Alice generals looked on at their leader then back to their opponents. One was dead. One was out of the fight. Rumi and Marlee looked mentally defeated, and Babani and Tezrian were gone. Gravel stepped out of the smoke, smiling and ready to continue the fight, before flopping to the ground unconscious.

That left you closest and most loyal general. Crixus faced off against the Platinum Knight. The woman frowned as she looked over at the others. She yawned. “I was hoping to have an actual challenge.” She looked but at Crixus. “Start fighting seriously!”

“I could tell you the same thing, why are you holding back I tell you what how about we both quit messing around!” Crixus charged the woman clashing his sword with hers, the two parryed off one another until Crixus hit her with his shield and kicked her knee forcing her to the ground. He stood over her ready to plunge his sword into her

She waved her hand, and shield of ice forming between them. The sword was stopped inches from her face, causing her to both gasp and smile. “Alright!” She rolled away and jumped to her feet, slamming her bastard sword into the ground. “Now we’re talking. I’ve waited three hundred years for a good battle!” She grabbed the bow off her back and started firing arrows. “Don’t disappoint me!”

Crixus yelled and charged the woman him being a thrall he can see the arrows coming and used his shield to block some of the arrows some he dodged, until he was in front of the woman and thrusted his sword into the woman shoulder.

Val grinned as she sucked in a sharp breath. “Owch…” She tossed the bow aside and grabbed her massive sword, yanking it out of the ground with ease. She slammed its side against her foe, sending him flying back. Yanking the sword out of her shoulder, she tossed it over to Crixus and used her magic to seal her wound. “You’re pretty good. Let me guess… vampire Thrall?”

“Oh yea during our first raid to get our ship, Alice gave me a glass of her own blood as a reward for what I did. And I don’t regret taking that drink even once.”

“Cool! Then I don’t have to regret killing you.” She ran forward, sword dragging on the ground. She stopped a few feet before Crixus, swiping up and sending several pieces of rubble at him. “Literally eat dirt!”

Crixus used his shield to block the debris until Val was right in front of him, using her massive sword to bend Crixus shield and in any normal cercom status his arm would be broke but Crixus used his sword to drive it into her leg as he headbutted her. Crixus laughed as his arm slowly healed itself.” Aw I like you your a tough one, so how does a human live for three hundred years?”

Valyrie grunted and stumbled back, closing the new wound. “Frozen in time. Kinda sucks to wake up to find out almost everyone you know and love is dead and gone, but I plan on looking for any relatives if I survive this fight.” She held a hand against the ground. Moisture started to pool on the ground by Crixus feet, quickly forming into spikes of ice that shot up. As she did this over and over again, she casually asked, “So what are you going to do if you survive?”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Norsca or Die
Part Six

Crixus did his beast to doge the ice spikes, but he would answer her question.” I will lead what’s left of our army, and find out from then.” Crixus used his sword to break some of the spikes, but he used his gantlets to also block some of the ice. He broke one of the spikes and threw one at Valyrie.

Val lifted her sword to block it. “How about you just give up? I mean, I’m a vampire killer.” She ran over to him, slamming and swiping her sword at him. “And one hit from this will likely kill you. I’ll let you go if you give in.”

Crixus used his sword to block hers and used his gantlet and punch her nose and kicked her in the stomach forcing her to back up.” Do want to know why I follow Alice, it’s not because i’m a thrall well it is but that was just to make me stronger. Because I had nothing before her and how she saved me, my family were simple farmers that never defended themselves from raiders bribing them, I decided at a very young age that that won’t be me. Now i’m a leader of a army and I couldn't be happier.” Crixus charged the woman again clashing swords with her.

“Wow, Alice seems like an interesting leader. Wish I could have got to know her without the whole… you know, opposite sides of a war thing.” Their swords slammed together and they both leaned forward, their faces close. “Tell you what. You give up now, and I’ll give you a kiiiiiiss.”

“Ou please do I look like a young soldier, or some dumb teenager?” Crixus head butted the woman and plunged her sword into her stomach.

She coughed up a mouthful of blood, and glared at him. “No kiss… straight to penetration, huh?” Ice flowed from her wound, up the sword and to his hands, causing him to pull the sword out and back off. “Alright. Fine. Then I’ll stop playing around.” She reached up to her chest and turned a knob built into her armor. There was a hissing sound of escaping air, and the heavy armor fell away, slamming hard onto the ground with a hard thud. Underneath, she wore a simple set of leather clothes. The inside of the armor was lined with some sort of glowing crystals that had been touching her skin. Said skin started to glow red, and she launched forward, moving with speed matching Crixus and swinging her huge sword like it was made of cardboard. It was like fighting a whole new person. Like fighting a monster.

Crixus was quickly losing ground to this woman her movement were so quick that she broke Crixus sword. Crixus tried his best to doge her sword and get away from her, but she just stayed on him. Crixus used his galets to punch the woman face, and with every time she swung her sword he would land a punch on her but she was unphased by them. “Damn it why won’t you stay down!” She raised her sword up to slice Crixus in half but he dogged her attack Crixus grabbed her arm and tossed her to the ground.

This only seemed to make her more angry. In fact, everything seemed to make her angrier, like her power was growing out of control, not unlike Ergo’s when he was first brought back. She raised her legs up and wrapped them around his neck, squeezing tightly as she pulled on his arm. “Sleep! Sleep, our I rip your arm off and beat you to death with it!”

Crixus tried his best to raise his arm, trying to get her off him. I can’t fail my lord Alice, I can’t die to this woman. Crixus remembered what Alice told him before this battle. And he regrettably said.” I surrender, you win.” Crixus said with some regret in his voice.

Valyrie rolled off him, quickly grabbing her sword and pointing it towards him. “No tricks?!” she demanded, panting heavily.

“I’m serious, Alice told us to live and fight for another day. Our troops by now are gone away on our ships miles away by now.”

Val nodded. She reached into a side pouch, pulling out a small pill. “This’ll knock you out. Glad… we could… come to an agreement.” She tossed him the pill.

Crixus grabbed the pill and looked at it. “There’s no point in me taking this, because in a few minutes i’ll be gone.” The harpy leader was flying outside the window.

“Alice, they’re gone. Everyone has gotten on the ships, our loot is on the ships as well and were miles out!”

Alive is locked swords with Richard. “Wonderful, Gimoora get everyone out of here, and on to the ships please!”

“W-working on it!” Grimora fired several concentrated blasts of pure magic at her fellow goddess, looking quite frustrated. “How is a goddess who hid away in the woods so long this strong?!”

“I'm not even trying yet…” The Nature Goddess bragged slightly, blocking the magical attacks. “I heard you were stronger. Or does being dead change that?”

“You shut your mouth!” Grimora yelled angrily. The truth was, despite them both being third generation gods, Grimora was unused to being challenged and testing her limits while she was fighting an opponent who constantly had to push herself against an Old One. Grimora was losing ground fast and running out of ideas. With a screech of fury, she slammed both hands against the ground. Spikes of darkness, flowing like a wave, rapidly flew forward. “Block this!”

Suddenly, a massive oaken arm slammed through the wall of the castle, putting itself in front of the attack. As the stone crumbled, Grimora witnessed a nearly hundred foot tall tree creature standing before them.

“D-damn you…” Grimora stepped back in fear. She quickly turned, exposing herself to portal Crixus away. She then turned to Alice, trying one last time to save her friend.

Suddenly she felt the pointed tip of a branch peirce her chest, pulling her back into Scathatch's arms. “Do you think I'll let you do that Sister?”

Grimora grunted in frustration. “Can’t… blame me for trying.” She grinned. Spikes of magic sprang out of her body in all directions.

This attack stuck true, blasting the Nature Goddess back, shadow energy dripping off of her. Ahusirra growled, energy flowing around her, her limbs growing and snapping into gnarled wood. Her body grew three times its size, falling on all fours as the massive wolf burst it's flames, knocking everyone in the room over.

As the smoke cleared, Scathatch's Wolf form looked over the Shadow Goddess, and speaking in a powerful, guttural voice, the beast taunted. “I'm not just some fragile doll… Little Grimora… You'll have to try a little harder…”

Grimora grit her teeth, but smiled after a moment. “Well… just so you know, they don’t call me the Queen of Hell just because I work there…” He eyes turn black as she raised her hands. From the shadows, spectres of Hell’s worse of the worst arose, swarming Scathatch by the dozens in a furious attack of suffered rage.

The Hound of Chulainn roared, tearing into the shadows with viscous ferocity, her flaming clawing cutting through their forms. However, Grimora wasn't left completely unharried, the massive Sylvan making efforts to smash her into dust. Grimora danced back and forth, laughing gleefully every time one of the spectres scored a hit.

“What’s that?” she asked between chuckles. “Want more? Well, since you like doggies so much…” She spread her arms, and half a dozen hellhounds came out of her shadows and charged the fire wolf.

Scathatch dug her claws into the ground, facing the new threats and roaring impossibly loud, a flaming shockwave of energy bursting forth towards the hounds and the Goddess. The hounds tumbled back as Grimora barely held her ground, falling to her knees.

“You… can’t beat me… that easily!” She placed her hands on the ground, and started to grow herself. As the hounds tried their attacks again, the bottom half of Grimora enlongated and twist, three pairs of legs growing out of her sides.

Ahusirra slammed her feet down again, a network of gnarled, thorny vines whipping out of her body and covering the ground, wrapping around and crushing anything they could get to.

As everything around her was torn apart, Grimora finished her transformation into a giant spider woman. She lifted her arms, her claws glowing a magical violet. “Let’s dance,” she said in a sinister tone, rushing forward rapidely on her eight legs, slashing and clawing at the fire wolf.

Cu Chulainn blocked the spear like limbs, jumping up in the air and slamming down, trying to smash her like the bug she now was. Grimora was a skittery little devil now, however, darting to the side and climbing on the wall, then the ceiling. She dropped down above her fiery foe, legs pointed down like a blade.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Norsca or Die
Part Seven

However, Scathatch’s mouth snapped open larger, taking the form of a crocodile's and getting ready to catch the spider in mid air. Grimora quickly stretched her legs out, catching herself on the jaw and going for a stab at one of Scathatch’s eyes.

It pierced her eye and she roared in pain, spewing a column of flame from her mouth up at Grimora in retaliation. “You biiiiiitch!” Grimora screamed as she flew down to the ground, engulfed. She rapidly rolled and kicked and did all she could do to put out the flames, finally enveloping herself in magic to put herself out. She stood up, panting and literally steaming. “This… look, let’s… slow down a bit…”

Scathatch's eye began to heal as the beast rushed her, slamming her jaws into her leg and flipping her over to the other side of her body, slamming her into the ground.

“Ow! Let go, you stupid mutt!” Grimora opened her mouth, and a stream of spider silk shot out to cover Scathatch’s face.

She stepped back, clawing the sticky string of her face before her flames kicked up, setting it on fire and burning ug away. “I hope you can do more than that…”

“Tch…” Grimora hated to admit it, but she was running out of ideas. She quickly sank into the shadows, shadows that circled around and under Scathatch. Out of them sprang a dozen copies of Grimora spiders, all around her. “Which one is the real one?” they all said at once.

She chuckled, “I don't care.”, she said erupting into a supernova like blast around her, hitting all of them at once.

“Wrong!” Grimora sprang up directly under Scathatch, claws extended.

She slashed Scathatch's side, but the Nature Goddess powered through, going for her throat in with her massive jaws. Grimora was caught off guard, expecting to do more damage than that. As the fiery wolf yanked her head back, Grimora held her throat, hacking and coughing and gurgling her own blood. “Wait!” she choked out.

Grimora took a step back, shrinking down to her normal form to recover. She wondered if she had any chance of winning. She suddenly smiled, and started gathering up the darkness around her, forming a massive spike on her arm. “I admit it, you are better than me. You will make a fine addition to the gods. But I don’t have to be stronger than you to win. You know why?”

“Oh? Do tell…” The Wolf Paced, singing the stone floor, the light from her flaming core almost blinding.

The more light she made, however, the deeper and darker Grimora’s own shadow. “Because, dear pup… I don’t have to kill you. Only them!” She turned suddenly, the spike stretching out torwards Kva at blinding speed. There was no way the others could stop it at that speed, only a god that fast.

The spike suddenly stopped, however, inches from piercing Kva’s heart. When she looked to see why, Seclavar stood in the way, the spike going through his chest.

Alice eyes widen.” Honey!” Alice quickly punched Kva away from Seclavar and grabbed the spike that was sticking in his chest.” Why are you down her, why did you protect her?”

He coughed up a mouthful of blood, smiling at her. “S-sorry. H-had to.”

“No you didn’t, you idiot!” Grimora yelled. “I almost had her. Why did you do that?!”

He glared at his aunt. “Your love for Alice… has blinded you. You’re going to far. If you had directly interfered by killing this woman, the gods themselves would have had to seek balance. They would have turned on Alice! Are you so desperate to save her from these people that you would risk her being hunted and punished by Nemesis?”

Grimora scoffed. “Y-you don’t know what you’re talking about. I…” Her shadows darkened even more, and she quickly turned to find the fiery wolf directly over her.

Ahusirra pinned Grimora down under her giant flaming claw, singeing her back as she flared up like a small sun, trying to rid the Shadow Goddess of anything to use.

Grimora cried out in suffering, her shadows melting away before they could even form. “Please, stop! You...you’re my sister, right?! Stop this, please!”

The Wolf’s Head rested next to hers as it spoke into her ear. “You helped Tecunte Summon that Old One to my home… I think you need to pay me back for that…”

Ahusirra looked back as the Treent raised his hand over them, “You all have fun… I need to have a private conversation with our little Goddess here…”

The pair disappeared from sight, leaving the non-gods to finish their fight. Most of the surviving Havenbrook fighters were alive but wary, in body or in mind. This left Richard and Kva, who had spent most of the time fighting Alice. They had been fighting her for nearly fifteen minutes straight, and it was taking its toll. Richard wiped some blood from his eyes and grinned over at Kva. “She has grown far stronger then when I first fought her. I know I could not beat her on my own. I am… glad to have you by my side, m’lady.”

“Don't get used to it…” Kva wiped some blood off her face. “Look around you Alice… It's over…”

Alice in a very calm tone said. “Honey, Reaper Aratenda. Get my people out of here please.”

Seclavar nodded, stepping through a portal. The Reaper appear and bowed before disappearing again. Richard slowly loaded a crossbow bolt. “It is quite admirable of you to care for your people so much. If nothing else, you’re a good leader. Too bad it all ends now.” He pointed the crossbow at her, the tip lighting on fire. Any last words?”

The vampires of the group felt a strange aura around Alice, and they can hear humming coming from her. Richard fired the crossbow bolt at Alice and it passes through her, as Alice turns into a mist. “Mum mum Beware beware the empires of the west, for she is full of wrath. She once was proud and full of hope until she saw the truth.” The mist being all around them as the heard Alice singing.

Richard cleared his throat and glanced at Kva. “I’ll back you up, alright? She is your friend, after all.”

“Not anymore.” Kva backed up to Richard. “Looks like you learned something from Mother after all… Allie…”

They heard nothing for a good few minutes, But the felt Alice all around them. After hearing a sigh.” Ou you morons, you two have got to be the biggest morons ever. But i’m done explaining my reasons tou you.” The fog lifted and Alice stood on top her throne and pointed her swords at her enemies.” My men are gone I don’t have to hold back any more, if you two were having trouble with me that whole time.” When Alice lifted her head her eyes were black but she kept her red puples. “Then it’s time I close the curtains on this little show, and help my goddess friend.”

“You're right. It's finally time to put this to rest.” Kva started by slashing out a volley of razor sharp blood crescents from her blade, as well as summoning spikes up from the blood on the floor under her.

Alice using her mist ability to have the spike go through her.” Ou how I love this ability.” Alice in her mist form rushed Kva, because Alice was mist she couldn't tell what Alice was gonna do. Alice was right in front of her but instead of using her swords, she pointed her palm at Kve.” Goodby.” Flames came out of Alice hand, engulfing Kva.

However as the flames subsided, Kva reappeared from her own mist form, sending a number of slashes at Alice's back. “Did you forget where it came from?”

Alice didn't yell instead she kicked Kva away from her, and started to clash swords with her. She then kicked her leg and thrusted one of her swords into her ribbs.” Did I forget to mention I had these sword made of silver, you should have felt that after every time I cut you.”

In retaliation Kva pulled a small Silver dagger from her belt and shoved it deep into Alice’s side, gritting her teeth.

Alice smiled, and headbutted Kva and used her swords to slash at her sides, Alice then jumped onto Kva and sinked her teat into Kva taking some blood from her.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Norsca or Die
Part Eight

Kva smiled through the pain, as the blood entered her body, it exploded into spikes inside Alice, causing her to spit up her own blood. A light from behind Alice then caught her attention, the flaming silver sword of Richard swinging straight for her heart.

Alice quickly turned into bats and dodge the attack, and the sword instead going towards Kva. “Ouch I know that’s gotta hurt, here let me add to that!” Alice switched back into her normal form, and cut Kva eye.

However, thanks to Richard’s training he stopped the sword a moment before it hit, spinning it around to hit Alice again as Kva misted back and lunged with her rapier.

Alice blocked the sword, punching Richard away. Alice used her sword to block Kva attack, she used her other sword to gut Kva and slashed the sword to the side puncturing a lung.

The Sturdy Dhampir growled, pulling herself forward and stabbing her rapier into Alice’s chest, the blade quickly drinking up the Vampire's blood.

Alice yelled in pain, but used her claws to slice Kva face taking one of her eyes in the process. Alice took the Kva weapon out of her, and left the throne room

Kva quickly drank Alice’s blood from the sword, her eye healing quickly from the powerful blood as she followed Alice relentlessly. “Stay here and face what you've done!”

As Kva followed Alice she was gone from her sight, but Kva smelled blood coming from outside. She saw Alice taking in the blood from the battle.” Ou Kva see unlike you, i’m not afraid to take in the blood of my enemies to heal and make me stronger!”

However, the blood stopped in mid air, Kva holding her hand out as she made it into spears and launched it towards her. “If you want them take it! I'll rip it out of your veins!”

After her wounds were healed Alice stopped taking the blood and and went right for Kva. As the two clashed Alice started to get frustrated with Kva.” You keep going on and on about what I’ve done, but what about you! What have you done for our people ou that’s right nothing! You ran away rum them, and the only reason why your here is because it’s a job, you don’t care about your people.” Alice head butted Kva and used her dark magic to launch spikes into Kva dark spikes hitting her chest and legs. “Quit pretending that this is about our people you left, you aren’t a vampire of Draculesti but a vampire mercenary only in it for yourself and money.”

Kva dispelled the dark Magic with dark magic of her own. “I did leave! And I was wrong… Maybe if I hadn't left I could've stopped you from becoming this monster you've turned into… but I did… And I'm here to right my mistakes… If I stayed in that temple, the world would only get worse… By not doing anything I let you kill countless innocent people… I'm responsible for this… So I have to fix it!”

She grit her teeth, pulling the blood in the room towards her, as well as from the battlefield through the windows and out the previous room. The Torrent of blood coalesced around her into sanguine armor, the grew and grew to fill her side of the room, the form of a clawed wraith filling it. “For Damian. And for everyone else you've killed you bitch…”

“You still don’t get it, you still are a moron.” Alice looked outside and saw that Rumi left her Ax. Alice quickly made her way outside and went for her ax as she went for it Kva followed her, once Alice grabbed her ax she blocked Kva attack. “ You don’t get to fight for anything, you lower than scum than any ferrial vampire. Your not worth the anything!” The two slashed with each other again and again, a seeming evenly matched.

“Says the person whose army and empire have crumbled around her! Who did all this and accomplished nothing!” Kva exploded spikes from her body in all directions, those that missed stopping in mid air and aiming back towards her.

Alice used her fire magic to destroy the spikes, she threw one of her swords at Kva. As Kva easily dodged the sword Alice drove her Ax into Kva.” My empire survived its purpose, and it will live on, as long as my people live Norsca will live on!” Alice drove her claw like nails into Kva stomach.

The blood armor took the hit and curled around Alice’s arm, digging into it and ripping more of her blood out. Kva lurched back and swiped up Alice’s chest with her clawed hand, leaving bloodied marks up the length of her body. “Tell that to your Samurai… She was a shriveled corpse the last I saw her…”

Alice eyes widened, and she drove her weapon deeper into Kva her weapon taking some of Kva blood and growing sharper in the process. “She did what she had to, she died with honor and for her people, you can’t say that now can you?!” Alice kicked Kva off her and slowly stood up, and looked at her weapon.

“She died serving a band of rapists and murderers… Where's the Honor there? I'm fighting for my people…” Kva gritted her teeth.

Alice charged Kva her ax going through the blood armor Kva made and being driven through her side into her cheast.” They were that to you, but they were soldiers. They had a home, and were united as brothers.” Alice swung her ax again slashing it against Kva chest again, her ax still cutting through the blood armor she had.

However, the blood she lost was pulled back into the armor, making it stronger. “Enough! I'll end this!”

Kva reached out her hand and Alice could feel her blood beginning to boil inside her own body, the pain was excruciating and her vision turned completely red.

Alice fell to her knees, as she looked to the seas she saw her ships completely gone. Alice looked up at the sky.” That was cheep woman, but my men are safe my civilians are safe all the monsters I had and that united under me will stay together. Alice slowly stood up.” But most of all the vampire race is free and are forgiven of all their sins, and it was me who did it not you not Lilith and sure as hell not your mother. It was me and in time the vampires will forget that they were prisoners in there own city.” Alice tightend her Ax and came at Kva at amazing speed.

However as Alice went to swing the blood suit consumed her, bringing her into and and stabbing into her from all sides. Through the pain, she saw Kva there, harried and battered with cuts, breathing heavily. “It's clear… You're going to die believing your own lies… You're pathetic… I feel sorry for you…”

Alice spit in Kva face. “You… Are a fool… The vampires will enter...A… New age… Because… Of...Me.” Alice dropped her ax and her eyes went back to there normal red eyes and she looks at the moon and stars smiling at the world that she felt great to be a part of.

The Blood form fell away from Kva, unable to keep herself standing any longer as she fell to her knees, moonlight enveloping the two of them. It was silent, the sound of battle having died down long ago, it was simply them and the cold wind. “I'm sorry… For leaving… Alice…”

Kva crawled over, leaning against the wall next to her as a memory from long ago filled her head.

Kva stood quietly in her training room in Draculesti, her Mother stepping out after a grueling session to go and fetch something. The Dhampir’s eyes shone with youthful energy as she wiped her brow, turning when she saw her Mother walk through the door.

“Took long enough. Where were you?” Kva chuckled.

Lana'thel looked down at her side, her arm hidden behind the door. “I wanted to introduce you to someone you'll be training with.”

The Blood Queen ushered her out, a little dark haired Vampire girl stepping into the room. “This is Alice. Say Hi Alice…”

The young vampire slowly showed herself.” Um hi my name is Alice Valentine , it’s ugh.” The young child went back behind the blood queen.

Kva smiled, walking over slowly and kneeling down, rubbing the little girl's head. “Hey Kid… I don't bite…”

Lana smiled, patting the girl on the back gently, “It's okay…”

Alice slowly went to Kva. “Um I.. I was told that… That you can help me?” Alice looked around wondering why was she there.

Lana'thel knelt down looking up at her daughter lovingly. “She's going to be your new apprentice. That means she's your responsibility, you have to take good care of her and be there for her when she needs you. Think of her like your little sister.”

Kva nodded, punching Alice in the shoulder playfully. “Don't worry 'Sis’... I'll take good care of you… We'll be the best of friends before you know it.

Alice looked up at the blood queen, and hugged Kva.” Ok then I have another sister, it’s nice to meet you Kva.” The young Alice smiled at Kva with her the innocence of a child.

“It's nice to meet you too… Alice …”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Norsca or Die
Part Nine

Kva smiled sadly as she returned to the present, her head turning weakly to look at Alice, the light fading slightly from her eyes. The Dhampir just shook her head slowly, “I'm sorry…”

Rocks crumble away from the collapsed entrance to the room as Richard and the others move the debris away, staring at the two Women leaned up against the back wall, covered in cuts and blood.

A familiar face appeared by Kva. “Hey Babe…” she started, pulling out some of her medical supplies she had brought, noting most were somewhat damaged. “Let me bandage you up…”

Kva shook her head slowly. “I… I think… I already lost too much…”

Titania opened the Dhampire’s mouth, wincing a little as she forced the fangs into her arm. “Drink… because I'm not going to just let you die… not while I'm still breathing.”

Kva did so, but she barely had the strength to drink much at all, it at least gave her some more energy though. “Ti… Titania… Listen to me…”

The Thrope’s eyes softened as she kissed Kva’s forehead. “Wh…” She started, losing her words as she chose to stare into her Lover’s eyes.

“I want you to know… I did all this for you…” Kva nodded slightly. “I wanted to make the world a… better place… for you…”

“Then stay with me… hold on… and just… don't go.” Titania whispered, several tears dropping onto Kva’s face.

“I want to… but… I'm tired…” Kva chuckled softly. “Don't worry… I'll… See you on the other side… Okay…?”

“Okay…” Titania tried to say, her voice cracking. “I love you, Kva.” She kissed her forehead, before kissing her lips.

“I… love you… too… pup… py...” She slowly reached up to brush the Wolf’s face. “Live… We won't… be apart… forever…”

The tears turned into streams as she stroked Kva’s hair. She offered her a smile that didn't reach her eyes. “Then rest until we meet again…”

Kva smiled back, her eyes slowly coming to a close as her arm fell to the side.

The Thrope lifted her love up but when she turned to look at the group, her expression had gone cold as her eyes hardened. “Move.” She said emotionlessly, her voice as hard as her eyes.

Sylvie made her way up, her hollow wooden eyes showing distress and she shook her head. “No… I… Maybe I can still heal her… Maybe it's not too late…”

“You fail, and crush my hope, I will cut you a thousand times. And then I will leave.” The Thrope warned, setting Kva down with an unreadable look, one of her hands pulling out a vial to pour over her sword before sheathing it.

Sylvie nodded, taking her hands and all the energy from her new transformation and pumping into the still body. It glowed, then stopped. The Huntress shook her head and tried again, she glowed, then stopped. The Plant Woman tried yet again, pumping every ounce she had into her, but while the body was healing, it was apparent that the soul had already left. Sylvie was trembling now, her magical glow inside her mask and body flickering, like a light about to shut off.

The clang of sword echoed as Black parried Titania's blade. “She tried to help her. Do not-” Black started before the sword lighted on fire once again and seemed to disappear as Titania’s strikes switched to the Knight. Black defended herself as best as she could, but the armor soon crumpled to the ground, the legs torn to shreds as was the torso.

“Fitting you take her place, corruption beast. Considering you could bypass the rubble, you could've prevented her death. That means her death is partially your fault.” She said emotionlessly, her eyes flicking over to Sylvie. “And I do not like you. Thanks for crushing all the hope I had left. I'm taking her back to be buried. Do not try to stop me or I will give you a thousand cuts from my blade.” Having said that, she picked up Kva.

Jacque ran over brandishing his weapon, “Alexis! What the hell are you doing! I…”

He saw Kva in Titania's hands, he shook his head slowly, reaching to touch her cheek. “It… I… My baby girl… Not you too…”

Titania’s sword smacked his hand away as she continued walking towards and past the debris.

Jacque gritted his teeth, before calling up to Titania. “Please! Please let me see my daughter…”

Titania paused, her eyes turning to meet his, filled with nothing but empty coldness. “You can see her at the funeral. Find the Bevland house called Regallis and be there within two fortnights.” She answered callously, turning to continue her path of pain.

Valyrie rushed over, leaning next to her friend. “She’s wrong,” Val whispered, hoping Black could still hear her. Hoping she was still alive somehow. “I can see how much energy you have used. And I know they were fighting too fast for you to help. It wasn’t your fault.”

“She’s just angry. Let her be.” Richard placed a hand on Jacque’s shoulder. “It only shows how much of a deep wound she has experienced.”

“Argh!” Gravel stepped out of rubble, rage and anguish covering his face. Everyone took a defensive stance, but it seemed the magic over him was broken with Alice’s defeat. He raged for a different reason. “Damian!” He fell to his knees and slammed his fists down over and over again, Marlee and Rumi rushing over to restrain him before he shattered all the bones in his hands. “Just let me die!” he shouted, looking at the group as though one might grant his wish. “I was a monster! I killed… so many. And now… one of my best friends...” He collapsed, the large man weeping like a child.

“Let it be, friend,” Richard said sadly. He walked over to Alice, leaning in front of her to see if she was still alive.

Alice body didn't move nor did it flinch. When he opened her eyes, they were white, her pupils were gone. Suddenly, a reaper came from a portal, hovering over Alice’s body.

Jacque looked on as the reaper hovered over the body of Alice, his eyes sullen as he looked back at the leaving Titania. Silver shook his head, his eyes now resting on Rumi and Marlee, his gaze full of pain. Rumi was sitting on the ground, her hands covering her eyes and her head slowly shaking back and forth.

Marlee, on the other hand, was standing, staring in Titania’s direction. “This is my fault,” she whispered. “After all that happened, it took me so long to turn on Alice. I… might as well have killed them myself…”

“Why Marlee… Rumi… How could you help her willingly? Even after we arrived…?” Jacque seemed almost on the verge of breaking down.

A pool of corruption leaked out of the armor, forming a small humanoid with white eyes. “Don't blame them, Jack. We both know war skews people's views… and while they made errors, they deserve a second chance.” She started, her voice higher pitch than normal. Her eyes narrowed at the pair. “A harsh second chance, but one nonetheless.”

“My daughter is dead…” Jacque's voice broke slightly, “Blaming them would change nothing… They already blame themselves… They're still my students…”

Rumi shook her head some more, looking up at him with reddened eyes. “You’re wrong. We deserve punishment. We deserve death. I… expected death. To free the Vampires from their captivity. That was the goal. I had gone along with it, hoping the ends would justify the means.” She glanced to the side as the Reaper pulled a soul from Alice’s chest. “But they don’t. I kept telling myself they would. I… hated what she did, but I admired her resolve. But I was wrong.” She looked back between Alex and Jacque. “Alice had the excuse of her determination and belief in what she was doing. Marlee and I knew it was wrong. Where… what… what is our excuse?”

“There is no excuse…” Marlee reached to her side, pulling out a large dagger. “None at all.”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Norsca or Die
Part Ten

A tendrils of corruption slapped it out of her hand, singeing it. “And your deaths justify it all? Make up for what you've done? An easy way to escape your own feelings? No… you do not get to die. You lost that right when people started dying in here. You get to rebuild what you destroyed, to repair the damaged lives you ruined. Now… grow the fuck up, you two. I expect nothing less than a ‘yes ma'am’.” Black barked, her eyes hard as she glared them both down.

“She's right… There's been enough death.” Jacque walked up slowly. “Fix what you've done and enough trying to make her sound Noble… We've seen how many good people she's 'freed’...”

The pair nodded. They looked at Alex and said, “Yes ma’am.” Together.

“All who wrong shall know their place.” The reaper slowly looked down at the soul in his hand. “All who were wronged receive justice in the end. This… is my justice. To reap she who would control the world. She who would control others for her own purposes. She who was so kind to some… so warm… yet so ruthless. So unforgiving. I gave my word I would take her. My word was not needed…” He placed the soul into a opening in his staff.

“The helmet with the soul is off limits, Reaper.” Black warned, shrugging before she looked at the rest of them. “Lives will be lost, friends will disappear and families torn apart. But mortals fail to realize that opposition binds us. In fear, hope is born. In war, peace. Do not worry, for you all, even Alex, will eventually find true joy and happiness.”

Gravel wiped his eyes, slowly standing up. “W-we… have a lot of rebuilding to do…” He took a deep breath, and looked at the reaper. “She goes straight to Hell, you got it?”

The creature slowly nodded. “All will be judged. Even I have to answer for myself.” He raised a hand and looked it over. “I am… unnaturally born. I was killed long before I was supposed to be. Made into a reaper before I was supposed to be. I wonder… will I stay like this? Will I move on? Will another take my place…?”

“Pondering such questions is a sure way to drive one’s self insane. The only thing you need to keep in mind is who has made strides in your existence to be close to you? What has made your day or the interesting places you've been? The small things are what make all the difference.” The corruption quicjoy countered, sitting down, amongst the towering individuals around her.

“Agreed.” The reaper bowed to everyone, and slowly sank into the ground.

Sylvie lowered her head, “We… We should report back to Mina… Maybe that's where Titania is heading too…”

“If I know my descendant well enough… she is going to Bevland. And given her demigod nature, she'll tire herself out once she gets to the Regallis crypt.” Black answered, laying down as she closed her eyes.

Sylvie opened the main door to the castle, the blood soaked battlefield laying before her. Bodies were everywhere, of all Creed's and colors, but the surviving forces were carefully ushering any civilians to safety and bringing in any Prisoners of War from the Bandit's side.

“Let's get out of here for now…”

“I will remain. I need time to regain my energy anyways.” Black murmured before turning back into a puddle of corruption.

A number of soldiers guarding the front door saw them exit, moving in to secure the castle and raise the flags of the prevailing armies. The Group that came quickly made their way through the destroyed city, Jacque carrying his fallen comrade Damian in his arms. They quickly reached just outside the gates, the tents of the main battle camp stretching before them, it was likely with the raising of the flags that they knew the battle was won… but the generals had yet to learn the cost.

The forces of Bevland had an uneasy camp alongside their vampire neighbors. Graeme met with Lana, the pair discussing strategy in case the quiet from the capital was a false calm, but reports said it was over, most of the enemy army retreated on ships, attempting to allude the Mirandia army, while the rest were held captive. Mina had come along, wishing she could join her Havenbrook Hunters but at least wanting to be there for moral support. It wasn’t long until someone announced the arrival of the assassin squad… or, at least, the survivors.

As the Generals made their way out, they were met with the team, emotionally crushed the lot of them. The obvious cause being the body of Damian in Jacque’s hands, however it was easy to notice that Black, Titania, and Kva were not among the returning.

Graeme’s eyes widened, but he kept his back straight and his demeanor the same as if he were addressing his men. “Casualties?”

Lana however unceremoniously approached Damian and her Husband, rubbing the cheek of the corpse lightly. “Damian… You didn't deserve this my boy… I take it the witch is dead?”

Lana looked up at her husband, who didn't even want to meet her gaze. “She… is…”

Mina held her hands together. “W-where are the others? My people? A-and the corrupted Knight?”

It was silence until Sylvie bravely stepped up to Mina. “The Knight is recovering for her wounds… but… Kva… Kva died fighting Alice…”

Graeme closed his eyes, absorbing the data presented to him. “And Titania?”

“She left with Kva’s body… The Knight Woman said she was headed to the Regallis Crypt to bury her…” Sylvie regretfully finished.

Mina looked pained, even by the loss of only one of her people. But she knew she didn’t have it the worst as she looked at Lana.

The Vampire General stood shocked, her eyes darting around, then back to her husband. “J-Jacque? Please… please tell me that isn't true… tell me she's lying…”

The Silver Knight just shook his head, “I'm sorry… I couldn't help her…”

Lana'thel fell to her knees in the dirt, unable to keep herself standing any longer, her unbeating heart filling with pain. Tears fell down her face, mixing with blood splatters from the battle before it hit the dust. “No… I should've been there… Gods… Kva…”

“No…” Mina quickly placed a hand on her shoulder. “You can’t think like that. The army needed you out there. The only one to blame is Alice.” She looked at the others. “Did she… die well? Did she at least take someone down with her?”

“Her and Alice… Died together…” Sylvie answered, “She died in Titania's arms…”

Lana closed her eyes tightly, scooping up the bloodied dirt in her fist. “I never thought… My two little girls… even after everything… would… die together… What kind of Mother am I? I turned one into a monster and turned the other away… What do I even have now…?”

Jacque knelt down, passing Damian's body to Gravel as he embraced his wife.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The Dog and Leash

After the hand of the Treent absorbed them, it transported them directly into the forest of Neren'teva, the canopy enclosing upon them like a cage. Grimora could feel something sapping away at her power, like the very Earth was draining her already low energy away, or at the very least, keeping it low.

She curled up into a ball, her beautiful skin shriveling up and turning pale. First it felt like she was facing the sun god, now the nature goddess, and they were both beating her soundly. But no, it was this stranger, this step-sister of hers. "Already had one sibling kill me," she muttered. "Guess it is your turn to try..."

Scathatch morphed back into her human form, stepping over her. "Please. Don't act like the victim... Do you know what your Old One did to my home? To my people?"

"It wasn't my Old One. We didn't control her. And it wasn't my idea." Grimora scoffed. "Okay, fine, the idea was mine. But I decided it was too risky. Tecunte was the one who went through with it, luring the cultist up there. By the time I even realized she had done it, Tecunte was getting ready to murder me. I died, you know?"

"And yet. You didn't learn your lesson." Ahusirra paced around her.

"What lesson?" Grimora glared up with weakening eyes. "What do you want from me?"

"Why Sister. I want your help... I want you to make up for what you've done to me." Scathatch sat down beside her, legs folded to the side.

Grimora coughed lightly, feeling so tired. "And how do I do that?"

"So you're willing? Good." Ahusirra smiled, "You're going to help me reforest the world."

"The world?" Grimora laughed. "Hate to break it to you, but there is a big, ol' desert in the center of the continent. What do you plan to do about that?"

"I plan to start there." Scathatch tilted her head into her hand, grinning smugly.

Grimora tried to sit up, but couldn't. "Look, can you stop draining me so we can talk reasonably, goddess to goddess?"

Ahusirra sighed, motioning out wards and dropping the draining of energy, vines blocking the Grove pulling back to reveal and coven of Sylvan circling it from all sides.

Grimora slowly looked around, rubbing her arm. "This... is your home?"

"This forest is... Yes." Scathatch nodded, "I've been here for ages now."

Grimora stood up and dusted herself off. "Look... I'm sorry about what I... had a hand in Tecunte doing. B-but... do you really think people will be happy with you suddenly changing the climate of an entire nation?"

"I'm sure the people living there would be happy with more food and water. And considering that that nation shouldn't even look like that... Yes. I do." Scathatch explained.

"And what about the other gods?" Grimora smirked. "They don't like us interfering with the mortal world that much. Isn't that the reason you're fighting me in the first place?"

"I'm sure they'd hardly mind fixing the biggest Sin in history. But if they do well, all we need is allies."

"Allies, huh?" Grimora placed her hands on her hips. "Why do I get the feeling you already have a few?"

"Those who would benefit most. And I think you... Goddess of Shadows... Have a lot of room to benefit..." Ahusirra smiled slyly.

Grimora rolled her eyes. "Why, because there would be more darkness under trees? There is more to me then literal darkness. What about all the darkness from 0eople fighting over resources I would lose."

"Oh. Little Sister. There will be more fighting than you could possibly hope for." The Nature Goddess said ominously.

Grimora slowly smirked. "Oh? And... is that a promise?"

"Nature. Is Survival. Survival. Is Struggle." Scathatch looked her in the eyes. "The Strong feed on the weak. The weak band together to become stronger. Such is the ebb and flow of life."

"Such wisdom." Grimora sighed. "Well, I... guess I don't have much of a choice. Especially since there is a good chance that..." She sulked down. "That the only real friend I've had in a hundred years is being killed by her enemies..."

"Perhaps you should make better friends. She had a lot of enemies. Such as it is when you act so brazenly... Without being properly prepared." Ahusirra pointed out.

Grimora knelt down, tracing the dirt with her finger. "She was prepared. She knew this day would come. She wanted to redo the great war three hundred years ago, but this time, instead of the world uniting against the vampires, it would be the vampires and the world united against her. I was... just hoping I could spare her life. Now all I can do is... look forward to seeing her soul again in Hell..."

"To what end? She only accomplished killing her own people." The Goddess of Flora and Fauna stated.

Grimora shrugged. "She felt some death was needed to free them from their prison city. I'm not going to act like I understood ever aspect of her plan. Some things... only she understood." Grolimora looked up. "But she was my friend. And now, she's likely gone."

"You cannot change it now. What you have to do is look towards the future." Scathatch explained.

Grimora nodded. "Well... I guess I'm working with you now. And with me, you have my daughter as an ally, assuming her father doesn't convince her otherwise."

"Oh? It seems I'm not entirely informed... You have a daughter?" Ahusirra raised an eyebrow.

"She was just created... uh, born a few months ago. Her name is Erinika, goddess of Shadows. She's still... developing."

"Interesting. I'm surprised they would allow you a child after your most recent... Actions." Her Half Sister added.

"You have a bad habit of running things in, you know that?" Grimora quipped. "If you must know, they made me have her. As a means of teaching responsibility."

"So. What is she to you then? Do you care for her as a daughter? Or merely as a tool to use?" Scathatch asked curiously.

Grimora thought about it, then smiled softly. "A tool at first to be honest. But... she's grown on me. Want to... meet her?"

"I'd be glad to." Ahusirra smiled, three oaken hands coming out of the ground for them to sit in.

"Oh, Erinika?" Grimora called out as she sat down.

"I have been here the whole time." The miniature goddess rose out of Grimora's shadow. She looked a bit pale, obviously not a fan of the solar treatment she had received while hiding in Grimora's shadow, but said nothing on it. She stared blankly at Scathatch and bowed her head. "Hello, new goddess of the pantheon."

"Hello, New Goddess of the Pantheon." Ahusirra mimicked.

Erinika tilted her head slightly, then nodded. "Am I to assist you in your quest to make the desert green as well?"

She rubbed the Tiny Goddess's head. "What do you want to do?"

"What do... I want?" Erinika asked, seemingly confused by the simple question.

"The Other God's didn't instill her with much of a sense of free will, did they?" Scathatch shook her head slowly, looking back at Grimora.

Grimora shrugged. "These things take time to develop. You should have seen her when she was first made. Completely blank slate."

Erinika slowly blinked. "What I want is irrelevant. You have drafted my mother to your cause. I am to accompany her. Thus, I am to be expected to help you as well."

"Very well little one." Scathatch looked down towards her once more, "Welcome."

Erinika smiled ever so slightly. "I... look forward to all the shade your trees will provide." She held out her small hand.

The Goddess of Flora and Fauna chuckled lightly, shaking her tiny hand.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The Offer
Part One

Mags smiled lightly, carrying a tray of food into Esmeralda's room. It was filled with a little of pretty much every sweet thing she could find from the mess hall, including fruits like strawberries and watermelon slices.

The Bard nodded to the guards who were beginning to calm down some after the incident in the med bay, and stepping inside. "Um... Es? You up?"

"I'm up," Esmeralda said gently as she looked up from a book. She was still struggling, but her general mood had improved a great deal in the last several weeks.

"Hey... I brought you some sweets. If I remember correctly you do have a bit of a sweet tooth." Magdalene walked carefully with the platter of Desserts and Fruit.

"Oh, yes! Thank you so very much." Es smiled down at the tray, but quickly frowned. "You... don't have to do this for me, you know?"

"But I want to. You're my friend." She said, putting the tray on the bed.

"I know. And I appreciate it. But for you, and everyone to go put of their way for me? After all that I..." Ed slowly shook her head. "Sorry. I know I'm not supposed to think like that."

"I... Heard what Charter did... You have a right to be angry..." The Dreamweaver nodded slowly.

Esmeralda nodded. "I promised Elma I wpuld talk to him when he comes back... if he comes back. But... I dpn't even know what I would say to him. Him sleeping with my sister is bad enough, but... but to just leave? Where did he go? Why did he go? Why didn't he tell anyone?"

"I don't know... Do you have any idea who he could've gone with, if anyone? I mean he couldn't have just left on his own without anyone seeing him." Mags reasoned.

Esmeralda shook her head. "No. It's as if he was wisked away by the gods..."

"Yeah... You don't think?" Mags looked like Esmeralda's eyes.

Esmeralda looked up at her. "What? That... a god took him away?"

"It's not out of the question." Mags pointed out. "A lot of us are working with Gods now... as crazy as that is to say..."

"Yeah..." Esmeralda briefly had a grief-filled expression. "Including a... very bad one..."

"Well... We shouldn't think about that..." Mags motioned to the platter, taking a strawberry.

Suddenly, Es felt a familiar presence speaking to her inside her head, it was the voice of Xelia. "Hmm... Well... That means he could be off with that war God of his then..."

Esmeralda squeezed her eyes shut from the momentary discomfort. "Y-yeah... that's true," she muttered, taking a piece of watermelon.

The voice spoke again. "Hello dear... I see you're having a nice little playdate... I hope I'm not interrupting."

Esmeralda shook her head. "Never. It is always good to hear from you, mother."

"Do you think you could just do me a slight favor dear? All I need you to do is give Magdalene here a hug, that or just scoot near her and have her Concentrate on something, like one of your books." The Illithid asked sweetly, meanwhile Mags looked back up at Es from the platter, giving her a smile and an slightly awkward wave.

Es waved back. "Can I show you something?" she asked, grabbing one of her books.

The Sheep blinked, "Oh, sure!"

Mags scooted up next to her, sitting shoulder to shoulder.

Esmeralda opened the book to a page about sea creatures and pointed to one of them. "These Cthulhi things are all tentacley, and so was Hastur. Do you think they're related somehow?"

"Hmm..." Mags thought for a second, "I wouldn't be surprised if they had... something... to do..."

The Sheep's expression seemed almost strained for a moment, like she had some kind of headache. She suddenly closed her eyes, still slightly straining before opening them again after a few moments. It was then her expression fell to an almost calm, a contented smile on her face as her iris' gained a slight green tint.

Esmeralda gave her a nervous glance. "Are... are you okay, Mags?"

She looked over, sighing. "Yeah. I'm fine."

The voice chuckled lightly in Es' head. "Thank you dear. All I needed was a little distraction to do what I had to do, it made it much easier."

W-what... did you do exactly? You didn't hurt her, did you?

"Of course not dear. Just a few simple suggestions. One of which includes obedience to you and me." Xelia responded. "It was easier to affect her because I've been in her mind once before.

O-oh... I see... Esmeralda looked Mags up and down. "H-how do you feel?"

Mags blinked. "I feel good. Kind of floaty... Um... I should go get Betty and Erin, they probably want to see you, but is there anything you would like me to do for you before I go?"

"Go wild." Xelitha'qha encouraged, snickering softly.

Esmeralda scratched her chin. "Well, um... Charter... used to rub my feet when they were sore. Do you think... you could do that?"

It took a moment, but she smiled, "Okay. I can do that."

Mags crawled her way to the edge of her bed, unintentionally giving Es a good view of her swaying rear before she sat down in front of the Bookworm's feet, taking them in her hands and gently rubbing them.

Es laid back and closed her eyes, feeling nostalgic. She let Mags rub her feet for five minutes before she started to feel guilty. "That... that's very nice of you, but... y-you can stop now."

Mags stopped as Xelia spoke again. "There's no need to be shy dear, she's your friend after all... Friends should do all they can to support you. Anything you want. A good friend wouldn't deny you, right?"

Esmeralda unconciously nodded, but said, "You can get Erin and Betty now." It feels... wrong though. Aren't I forcing them?

Mags smiled, heading off and out in the direction of the lab.

There was a pause, then Xelia spoke again in her sultry voice. "I think it's more like you are just... Convincing them. Besides, if she's as good a friend as you say, she would've done it for you anyway. Especially after Charter left you... Simply put... It's complicated. Are you controlling the grocer when you haggle for beets at the market? Of course not. This is no different."

Esmeralda rubbed her neck. "I guess not. Sorry. I... guess I'm just being silly, huh?" A few steands of her hair darkened. "If they're my friends, they'd do what I ask anyway."

Xelia smiled fiendishly, approaching Esmeralda's image within her mind. The Illithid then slowly rested her hands on Es's shoulders, whispering. "Remember. Mommy knows what's good for you, dear."

In her mind, Esmeralda's image was that of a dark elf. "Of course, mother dear. I will try not to doubt you again."

"Soon you will be mine again..." She said as Es felt something enter into her ear, it was slightly uncomfortable at first, but quickly became warm and pleasant. However, it was then that the door opened in the tangible world, Magdalene walking through with Betty and Erin behind, snapping the Elf out of it.

Betty smiled, "Hey Es. Mags here asked us to come by for a sweets party?"

"It's like a tea party but with no tea." The Sheep joked.

"Yeah. Well, we weren't super busy and if it'll help you feel better, zhen why not?" The Fly nodded before saying.

Erin nodded. "How have you felt lately? And please be honest."

Esmeralda slumped a bit. "Down. B-but... a little better. And... and Safria and I are talking again. I admit I feel hostile towards her sometimes though, even when I don't mean to be."

Betty stepped in, "Well. Talking is good. And... It's not you're fault if you're angry, you're still working through a lot of zhings, not in the least of which is what Hastur did to you."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The Offer
Part Two

Esmeralda nodded. "It was terrible... but..." She slowly looked up into Betty's eyes. "It wasn't all bad, you know? I met someone there who... who took care of me."

Betty tilted her head, "What do you mean? Took care of you how?"

Esmeralda smiled, taking a small grape and popping it into her mouth. "Well, she made sure I was well fed, and that nobody hurt me or anything, and... and she even taught me some new powers."

"New... Powers? And are you sure these are powers you should be... Using?" Betty looked at her incredulously.

Esmeralda frowned. "Well... why shouldn't I? I mean, as long as I don't hurt anyone with them..."

"Like you did with your sister in the infirmary?" Erin reminded her.

"Erin." Betty looked over, holding her hand flat out a few inches from her chest. "Her wind magic is dangerous too, isn't zhat why we are watching her?"

Erin nodded. "Good point. Any ability is dangerous in the wrong hands."

"A-and I'm not the wrong... uh, hand anymore." Esmeralda folded her hands together. "I'm better now, really. No more outbursts. At least not since, ahem... that one."

"And we're not saying it wasn't an understandable one..." Betty pointed out. "Just... Excessive..."

"So... What exactly is this power?" The Tinkerer asked.

"Be careful what you say... Be vague." Xelia whispered.

Es thought a moment on what to say. "Basically... I can move things without touching them. Like, with my mind, you know?"

"Like... With Magic?" Mags questioned.

"Uh... not really. It is hard to explain. Probably impossible for me to teach. It is like... I feel an object with my mind. Like I... make it a part of me for a short while."

"Interesting..." Erin rubbed her chin. "I'll have to do some research on this interesting power..."

"So... Is zhis person... Good?" Betty questioned, sitting on the bed.

Esmeralda smiled, then frowned. She opened her mouth to answer, then quickly shut it, unsure how to answer. "She... sh-she's... good... to me..."

"Look Es... If this person's... With him... I'm not sure if you should take their niceness at face value..." Betty cautioned, "I care about you. I want to make sure you're safe."

The Light Elf looked frustrated, pulling her legs close. "But... she... all she wants... wanted... was to make me happy. Like... l-l-l-like a mother. She... she can't be all bad, rrrright?"

Betty frowned, "Maybe not. If it comes down to it though... We can try to reason with her... What's her name?"

"Xelia," Esmeralda answered, smiling again. "And I know she wants what's best for this world."

"Hmm... no doubt..." Erin glanced to the side. "Betty, can I... speak to you for a moment?"

Sure..." Betty looked over, hopping off the bed and walking over next to Erin. "What's on your mind?"

Erin lowered her voice. "Is it just me, or does this sound like that thing where a kidnapped person starts to relate to their kidnapper? You know, Stevenhouse Syndrome? I mean, she is quick to defend this... Xelia."

"Stevenhouse Syndrome? Mmm... Maybe. And who knows how much of zhat love comes from her corruption..." Betty added with a sigh.

Erin nodded. "Maybe I should... look into increasing how often I see her and try and remove the corruption. It's just so hard on her and I don't want to push her too much..."

"We should also think about... What if Es resents us for hurting this Xelia or removing this love for her?" The Fly threw out.

Erin sighed, rubbing her chin. "I hadn't considered that. Maybe we should... be careful what we say. Not encourage her affection for this woman, but avoid demonizing it all together, less we risk alienating Esmeralda entirely."

Meanwhile during this talk, Mags had slowly circled around them and made her way to Esmeralda's bedside.

Xelia psied once more. "Remember what you promised dear. Try to get Betty close and open up her mental defences a little... I need to have a little chat with the two of them..."

As long as you don't do anything to hurt them... Es cleared her throat. "Um, Betty?"

The Fly turned around. "Yes dear?"

Es slowly stood up. "I... just want to say how much I appreciate all that you and everyone else are dping for me. You... you really are true friends, ones I never realized I was missing until I found you."

"Thank you Es, but don't mention it. You're a good friend of ours too... and that's what friends do, right?" Betty smiled, looking over at the strangely quiet Mags.

"Right." Esmeralda stepped forward, opening her arm for a hug.

Betty sighed, trusting the Light Elf a little too much as she came in for the hug, wrapping her arms around her comfortably.

Esmeralda squeezed her tightly. She might have been urged into it, but the hug was genuine.

Betty chuckled, patting and rubbing her back as Xelia spoke again into Es' mind. "Now dear. While she's distracted..."

Esmeralda nodded ever so slightly as she tried to open her mind and let Xilia through.

A few moments after she did, Betty suddenly pulled back from the hug, images flashing through her mind, along with a strange compulsion. The Fly looked around as if she had been caught staring into space, holding her head in her hand. "W-What...?"

Erin placed a hand on her arm. "What is it?"

"I... I think... Zhere's something we need to see outside." Betty looked into Erin's eyes, "Something important."

Erin raised an eyebrow, but nodded. "Alright. Um, it was good seeing you, Esmeralda. Keep her company, Mags."

Mags smiled in a strangely devious way for her, "You two have fun."

Betty just gripped Erin's wrist lightly, quickly walking and pulling her around towards the door. "I'm sorry if zhis is... Sudden... I... I just saw a... Vision or something..."

"A vision? Really? That is rare, especially for one not magically inclined." Erin glanced back for a moment bwfore asking, "What did you see?"

"My parents. I saw my parents... But they looked older... Then I saw a spot in the woods outside the Manor..." Betty hurried.

Erin struggled to keep up. "What do you mean? You don't mean to say you believe they are put there right now, do you?"

"No, but maybe there's a clue...? We have to go see!" Betty pressured.

"Alright, alright!" Erin stumbled a bit. "J-just slow down a little. My legs aren't as long as yours..."

Betty sighed, stopping and reaching her hands under Erin's knees, picking her up off her feet and carrying her like a baby.

Erin's eyes widened and her cheeks reddened. "Should have just ran faster," she muttered in embarrassment.

Betty chuckled, kissing her on the cheek lightly as they reached the backdoor, opening it up and stepping out into the currently foggy, humid air.

Erin hopped down from her lover's arms, slowly looking around. "I wonder what triggered this vision. Possibly something to do with Esmeralda powers?"

"I don't know... Maybe..." Betty looked around, quickly locating the spot from her vision, a path into the woods leading to a small clearing. "Zhere. That's it."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The Offer
Part Three

Erin quickly ran to her side. "Now Betty... don't be too disappointed if it turns out to be nothing, okay?"

"I'll... Try... But this has to be something..." The Fly quickly walked up to the treeline, beginning down the path.

Betty had her doubts, but kept her eyes open all the same. "Perhaps if we divide our attention to optimize our search. You keep an eye for anything out of the ordinary on the right, and my eyes shall search the left."

"Yeah... I..." Betty stopped as they reached the clearing, a strange figure in a long Black cloak standing before them ominously.

Erin reached under her coat for her retractable staff. "May we help you?" she called out cautiously.

"You may..." A sultry female voice echoed out. "As you might have guessed... I brought you two out here..."

Betty rested her hand near the gun in her pocket, "So... You had something to do with that vision then?"

"I did..." The woman stood there, her robe slowly swaying without a breeze. "Betty Vhemmina... And Erin Starstorm..."

"Oh, no you don't." Erin pulled out her staff, extending it and pointing the end towards the stranger. "I have been kidnapped once already, I am not letting that happen again. Identify yourself right now, or I start attacking."

"I am Lady Xelitha'qha. But I just go by Xelia." The figure stated. "And you already know who I work for..."

"Yes." Erin's eyes flared up. "Now tell me why I shouldn't start blasting... or I start blasting. What have you done to Esmeralda? Are you manipulating her?"

"Such insinuation. Is it so hard to believe that she actually sees me as her Mother?" Xelia pressed a hand against her chest..

"It is." Betty crossed her arms.

"Well. I'll have you know I wasn't even the one to 'corrupt' her." Xelia explained truthfully. "She is my daughter. And say, in all this effort to remove this corruption, have you two even considered that this new persona of hers is a part of her? That it's just as much a person as her original personality?"

Erin raised an eyebrow. "One that just so happened to come about after being held captive by Hastur, the King in Yellow? Surely, you can see why we have our doubts."

"And that gives you the right to kill it? You Havenbrook Hunters think that just because you have the God's favor you can do as you please and always be 'moral'." Xelia crossed her arms. "Have you even asked her where she would rather be? Ah, but you know what's best for her... Right?"

"Not completely, no," Erin admitted. "But do you think you do? And on a scale of one to ten, how evil is it?"

"I merely wish to give my Daughter the best. No one will use her, no one will betray her, and no one will deny her. She will be the Queen she deserves to be..." Xelia countered.

"And all you have to do is kill her child and damn ze world." Betty pointed out.

"A child I am hardly even sure she wants anymore, a child from a man who abandoned her..." The Illithid scoffed.

"Enough!" A fireball flew past Xilia's head. "You don't get to make that decision!" Erin declared. "No one does but Esmeralda. And if I know her, she would never blame her child for its father's sins. Not unless someone like you influences her to think she should. And if you try, we will counter your attempts. Charter wasn't perfect, and he will reap what he has sown in time, but I will be damned if Esmeralda abandons or gives up her child unless it is her choice, and hers alone!"

Xelia sighed, "Then I suppose I should tell you why I've come here... I have a deal for you two..."

Betty pulled out her pistol and pointed it forward, "Like we'd accept any kind of deal from you..."

"It comes to my attention that you are looking for your parents, Betty Vhemmina..." Xelitha'qha's voice took almost a smug tone. "Parents that disappeared in Helvan? Augustus Vhemmina and Vesp Marie? I wonder... How much would you give to find them? Whole and Healthy?"

The Fly's gun arm wavered. "What the hell are you on about?"

"Come on Betty. You're a smart girl." Xelia mocked.

Erin's eyes shifted between Xilia and Betty. "This... this isn't... you're bluffing..."

"You're... You're full of shit..." Betty's hand shook.

"Am I? I can prove it to you." She chuckled. "Does a Red Jeweled Necklace ring any bells? How about a symbol on the inside of a gauntleted hand?"

"Y-You..." Betty stammered out. "You... You bitch..."

"It's funny how things work out isn't it? Fate certainly is an odd mistress. Cult activity and disappearances in Helvan... That bounty led a lot of skilled fighters to my door..." The Eldritch Spawn shook her hooded head.

Erin narrowed her eyes. "How do we even know they are still alive then?"

"Hmm... Okay. I think I have a little trick..." The black space inside the hood suddenly glowed bright green, causing the Fly to instinctively step back.

After a moment Xelia's voice spoke, "Alright you two... Tell me your names..."

A gruff voice was then heard, sounding tired and ragged, "Au... Augustus.."

"And you?"

"Vesp... Marie..." An emotionless voice answered back, it had been a while, but there was no mistaking that these were the same voices they had heard from Betty's parents when they had traveled through time.

"Mom... Dad...?" Betty spoke, Wondering perhaps if they could hear her.

"B-B... Betty...? No it can't be..." She said without a hint of change in her monotonous voice. "Betty... Don't come for us... Don't fig-"

But it suddenly cut out, the glow fading. "Good enough for you?"

"Release them!" Erin demanded. "You have no right to hold them hostage, fiend!"

"Not unless you give me Esmeralda." Xelia said simply. "If you don't, I can't guarantee thier continued safety..."

"You Monster..." Betty's voice dripped with venom.

"It's a fair trade. Your parents for my Daughter." She continued. "And before you suggest it... If you were to kill me, and I assure you that would be very, very hard... But if you were to kill me... After thirty years, anything I've done to them over that time would be nearly impossible to reverse... Especially without previous knowledge... But I remember everything in vivid detail and I am likely the only one skilled enough to return them to that state after so long..."

Erin shook a little. "What do you mean? What... have you done to them?"

"I've done a lot over the last three decades, listing everything would take all day..." Xelia told them matter of fact you. "The point is only I know what I did and how to reverse it..."

"We were right about you. Just another sick Monster... Like all of Hastur's pets..." Betty clenched her teeth.

"Think of me what you will. The God's would've seen my people extinct. Hastur simply saved me. They are the ones who truly made me what I am..." Xelitha'qha replied callously. "But I do what I do now to protect my Daughter. To protect the only individuals in my thousands of years of life that have ever shown me real compassion."

"By handing her back to Hastur?!" Erin lowered her staff. Her expression went from anger to a pleading look. "He'll rot her mind and destroy her! He'll turn her into something warpped and twisted, and she won't even be the person you claim to care about! And when her child is born and he has no use for her, he'll likely throw her away! Are you even sure what he has in mind for her won't destroy her? Can even you trust Hastur?"

"I trust him with my life. He has never let me down. And he has gone above and beyond for her, only done what was strictly necessary for the summoning of his Father." Xelia growled slightly. "You will not disrespect him... And you will not claim to know him..."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The Offer
Part Four

Erin raised her staff defensively, and looked over to Betty.

Except Betty was hesitant, still pointing the gun, but loosening her grip on it.

"Ahh... Well... I see I am making some progress..." Xelia looked over at Erin. "Erin. You lost your parents in that massacre right? It was quite the shame... But what if I could find those that killed them? Bring them to you? All it would take is some probing through a few select minds and a terrible terrible Man or Woman would be dealt with forever. I have a... Significant network..."

Erin's hands shook violently. "Y-you... I... won't... hand over Esmeralda for... for..."

"Then what do you want? Pretty much anything is in the realm of possibility." Xelia pressed further. "And if you do this I'm sure you and your friends and family's safety will be guaranteed from Hastur's Wrath. I will notify him of your aid in this, and depending on Esmeralda's wishes you could even hold a comfy place in her future court."

Erin shock with rage and grief. She squeezed her eyes shut, all the possibilities running through her head. After an agonizingly long though, she held her staff steady. "No deal. I'm not foolish enough to make a deal with you, nor would I sacrifice Esmeralda for myself like that."

"Because making her a Queen is sacrificing her... And it isn't just for yourself... Think of Pearl, think of Eliza... This is the only chance you have to guarantee their safety..." Xelia stepped forward. "Do you really think you can defeat an old one? How certain are you? What if you lose? Would you risk the lives of your children on that chance? What kind of Mother would be so callous...?"

Betty was so angry she was almost seeing red, the taste of copper filled her mouth as she bit her tongue. "You... Are ze most... Horrid... Contemptable... Manipulative... Cruel... And sickening wretch to walk the face of zhis world..."

"That I may be. But I hold the key to your Family's safety..." Xelitha'qha just shook her head slowly. "So give me back my daughter..."

Erin looked at Betty sadly. "Betty, I... know how much finding your parents means to you... but..."

"I... I wish I had your integrity Erin..." Betty fought with herself. "How do I know you'll keep your side of any of this?"

"Because I want my Daughter to happy... And she cares for the two of you a great deal..." The Illithid took another step. "You have my word... I will not double cross you on this... And my Master will honor you and have no reason to come after you all any more... Esmeralda is all we want..."

"Betty, please! You can't do this!" Erin pleaded.

"I... I..." The Fly held her head between her hands.

"Listen Betty... Erin... The world owes you nothing... Not after what it's put you through..." Xelia spoke confidently, feeling the final nail slipping into Terra Dolar's coffin. "The Common folk of this World don't deserve your kindness. They have beaten you and your family down time and time again... After all you've been through, would you really still give your life for them?"

"She's lying!" Erin stepped in front of Betty. "I know it hurts, but she is saying whatever it takes to convince you! Please... Betty... don't do this. You'll never forgive yourself."

"But... How am I supposed to forgive myself if I leave my parents to their fate?" She stepped up to Erin, lowering her head.

"And I assure you. Everything I am telling you is the truth." Xelia added in.

Erin grabbed Betty's arms. "We'll find another way, I'm sure we will. Anything is better then making a deal with that... thing."

"Rude. I'm being more than fair with you." Xelia feigned offense.

"I... I can't... I can't accept... Even if it makes me a fool... Even if the world has abused me... I can't damn everything for peace of mind and safety..." Betty looked back up at Xelia.

The Illithid sighed heavily. "Fine. I had hoped you would be sympathetic to having a captured Daughter... but I guess I was wrong... I wonder, is it just out of spite? Do you really hate us 'things' so much?"

"Maybe if you want to be liked you shouldn't be such a dispicable monsters..." The Fly told her harshly.

"Perhaps. But what I've always wondered about my kind... Is it Nature? Or Nurture? But I can never know now... Thanks to your Gods..." The Robed Woman spoke out.

Erin gave her a surprisingly sympathetic look. "Why not break the mold? Prove the gods were truly wrong about you. Help us, not Hastur. Join Esmeralda from our side."

"And what? Help the God's who murdered my entire race kill the person who raised me and protected me from them?" Xelitha'qha told them plainly. "No. Never."

Erin shook her head. "I think we're done here."

"I think so too... We'll meet again..." The figure turned around, looking back towards them after a moment. "Until then... You can think about if you would rather die, or serve us for the rest of your lives... That's a choice many of your friends won't get..."

Erin watched as the figure disappeared from sight. She gripped her fists tightly and stared down at the ground. "I'm... so sorry, Betty."

"I just hope we did the right thing... I just hope my parents forgive me..." Betty just sat down in the grass.

Erin sat next to her. "We'll get them back, and in one mental piece. Even if we have to pry them away from that creature's cold, dead fingers. She might not realize she at least gave us a better clue to go on then we ever had before."

"In one piece how Erin? She's right, there's no one else who can fix them but her." The Fly brought her knees up to her chest.

Erin opened and closed her mouth. "I... I-I don't... I'm sorry, Betty. I don't... know what to say..."

"I just lost my chance to save my Parents..." Betty shook her head. "And for what?"

Erin sat in silence for a moment, then said, "For a chance... to save the world. And to keep their daughter someone they could be proud of."

"I hope ze world appreciates it..." Betty said sadly, slowly standing up.

Erin stood with her. "Come on. Let's... head back inside. You deserve some rest."

Meanwhile, Xelia spoke to Esmeralda again as she was sitting in bed, Magdalene standing obediently by her side. "Dear? I'm afraid my conversation with your friends didn't go so well. I tried to find a way for us to live peacefully, but that seems as though it won't be possible."

R-really? Why not? I... I thought they would understand if you just explained how much you care about me...

"I'm afraid not. They appear to believe they know better for you than I do... They even suggested removing this new part of your personality... I offered them everything, I gave so much when all I wanted in return was you... I told them that we would not come after them if we didn't have to... Still, they declined." Xelia explained in length.

Esmeralda stood up. "What should I do?" she asked out loud.

"We'll have to go with plan B... Thankfully, we have little Magdalene here now to help us with that... Isn't that right?" The Illithid psi to both of them at once.

The Sheep seemed to squint again for a moment before her eyes glowed again. "Of course. I'll help Es with anything she needs."

"Excellent... Her friend is fighting me alot in there... He's quite dutiful." Xelitha'qha added. "Mags here will help me enact my plan while still keeping my promise to you."

Esmeralda looked at Mags. Was she being hurt? Was his Nightgaunt? She knew she could trust Xilia... at least she was sure she could. "A-and... what should I do?"

"Just keep yourself on good behavior. In the meantime, Magdalene here will do whatever you say. Hopefully that will make your stay here more tolerable. I will be working diligently to free you, so don't worry." Hastur's Servant psied.

"Free me..." Esmeralda wasn't even sure what that meant anymore, but nodded. She looked over to Mags, opening her arms. "Can I... have a hug?"

There was no resistance, Mags just smiled like her normal self. "Alright."

The Sheep brought her arms around Es, the wool hair being fluffy and comfortable to snuggle into. "Everything's going to be alright, Es."

"Y-yeah... of course," Esmeralda responded, closing her eyes and hoping it would be.