X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Also guys... Prisma was a very dear friend to me, one of the first I made on this site when I was a stranger, so if you thought the shit was bad for you guys imagine how it feels for me... But Prisma shouldn't be a martyr. He wasn't all sunshine and rainbows despite everything and admitted as much to me...

I don't know Marine, you tell me. Because apparently I ain't wanted here. I have apologized more than enough for getting involved with him, only have the time have I received a apology and half of that were directed at me. Do you think I'm not tired of this fucking fighting? But by hell will I stand by and let this guy rule over the forum like a dictator. As long as he is being a fucking jackass to me I will continue to pull him down the best I can. Because like hell will I let that kind of harass pass by me. And in all honesty I enjoy making his live a living hell. Because he has not given me any kind of reason not to do so. I just fucking hate him alright. Nothing can change that anymore. This guy is forever on my shit list, and as long as he challenges me I will fucking accept it. Because all I want is for him to stop being such a jackass and as long as he is one I will only be his counter. If you don't want this stuff to go public maybe you should tell him to stop harassing me publicly because he has done so more than enough. And like I said.

Get out of the think tank. You don't belong here. If you want to talk anime, games, and how bad of a GM I am, do it in an off-topic thread. I don't give a shit if you don't get as much traffic there, all you do here is undermine me and start shit, and that is no longer going to be tolerated.

I'm saving this shit. No way in hell will there ever be a conversation between him and me where I won't remind him of what kind of an asshole he really is. Does that make me any better? No not at all, but he deserved it. I have gotten no better treatment from him.

DarkGemini24601

That's ... something.

By the way. Anyone that had a soldier character on the Einherjar? Screw it, if we lose Alz (or even if we don't) it's kind of a dead end position for ground troops. So all ground player characters are on the Neutron Star now. Just be aware that we have about eight more missions left to us. Perhaps more if I'm able to write more (or if Marine and Zmby can produce extra missions when I'm lacking), but that's the minimum number. So much likely, if you have two characters, expect them paired up on missions. We have 16 soldier chars as it stands, 17 if Alz returns to us, 18 if Alz returns and Marine introduces his own last OC. That means if we're gonna have eight more missions (about) then we need 2-3 soldier characters per mission at least. Probably 3 per to have a safety cushion for any missions that might include less people.

DarkGemini24601

As for pilots, Ayako, and Addington, look at the Clefette Theatre as a place where infantry fights in the background, but the focus is a fighter pilot story. So Pixy'll be writing the missions for that, and Zmby, Mangrale, Myself, and hopefully Alz will be along for the ride.

Dahlexpert

Well guys, I'm sorry it had to come to this...
But I'm once again going to depart from this place. I have thought about recent activities and come to the conclusion that I'm sick and tired of this. As much as I enjoy chatting with the bunch of you, and sharing my art and hearing your thoughts... I just can't handle it, always having an argument with a certain someone and pulling you guys into it. I never wanted that and I'm sorry that it kept happening. So the best thing for me is to leave. Entirely. Don't expect to be hearing from me anytime soon. I also won't be responding to future email anymore or even be online at this point. I'm more than enough busy with my real life. I'm planning to marry my girlfriend of five years now next year and start a family. By then it would have been goodbye anyway. Although I have started this RP and even placed characters in the story that continued on once I was focused on school. I'm just very thankful that the lot of you joined me in on that. I have looked forward to RP with many of you guys and even did for some. But current and future projects are just not to my liking of what a RP should be like, so there is no point in me staying here. Since I was never wanted here anyway, I'm sorry that I tried to keep the think tank lively when nothing was going on. I hope that in the future you guys can still have off topic fun without me.

As for future projects that I announced. I'm very sorry but I'm canceling each and every one of them. The story about Avanix/Yokosora I will continue on my own, since that never had anything to do with this forum in the first place. As of other stories, pictures and projects all canceled. I'm sorry but I see no point in staying here just for that.

In the end I don't wish for you guys to be sad about my departure for I have done this more than enough, should get old after a while. However this time do not expect me to return. Depending on how my life will continue I might never visit this place again. But don't lose hope, you guys have been in my live for two years now and I do hate leaving friends behind.

I do plan on joining the XCOM 2 Role play of Christopher Odd if there will be one, at the latest that is when you guys will see me once again, until the RP is over or my character is once again dead that is. (Which will probably happen, since none of my characters ever survive Chris RP :p )

Anyway enough with the long goodbye. Enjoy RP and keep up the great stories, I never told any of you this but I read along the entire XCOM RP you guys did, and I have to say you guys are the future of great book authors. There have been nights were I was just sucked into the story and wished to be a part of it. Don't let that talent go to waste.

I guess this is it, I suck at goodbyes so...just... goodbye. At least one of you gets what he wished for.

-Colin

Well Prisma it was nice knowing you, I've been on this site since season two of XCOM. I seen a lot of people come and go on this site but I never thought you would leave. But regardless it was nice knowing you you did make some very interesting characters and it was always fun collaborating with you, and it was fun seeing your art work as well. So from me personally Thanks prisma for making things interesting.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
I think it's incredibly rash to do something like this. Allow me to make a defense here.

I am a GM. I am a leader. I have to make decisions for the betterment of the group that I don't always like. Do you think I enjoyed ousting Prisma from the THINK TANK? No, I didn't. But I never told him to leave the site. And he was not part of the group in the first place. You don't know the full story.

If Prisma for some reason comes back to read this, I imagine he'll get mad, but I do sincerely mean to say this as neutrally as I can. And this isn't a debate, just a statement of events as I see them.

This is my side of the story, unangry and uncensored. He suggested to do videoless RPs before I came to the site, and I echoed a similar idea when I joined about a year ago without knowing we were on the same wavelength until he brought it up. Story of Defiance was born from this. Prisma was to play the leader of EXALT, Lusett, and it went well for awhile until school and personal stuff dragged him away. Myself and MarineAvenger took up the reigns of EXALT. We respectfully killed off Prisma's characters since (IIRC) we were under the impression that he wasn't coming back and we didn't want to play another's characters the wrong way.

I did continue the legacy of the Exalt family line. Obviously, I didn't know that Prisma had a bunch of specifics for their behavior, but in the occasional chat I had with him over the course of SoD those were never outlined for me even though he asked about how things were going and I did my best to answer. That whole time we were pleasant friends, though, and he was completely fine with what happened to Lusett.

Fast forward to Vanguard of Forseti. Prisma wanted in again, as did Zain and Euan. I was hesitant about those three because they all had a track record of leaving early on in the previous RP. But I gave them a second chance. Prisma was going to be our chief of engineering. Alexander Von Braum had a side project, one to ressurect Lusett in an android body.

What Prisma specified about that is that she would hate my Exalt characters for "not following the family way". I argued that it was unfair to hold characters to standards that didn't to my or their knowledge exist, since Elene should have known everything she was supposed to be as an Exalt. Without Prisma to specify that last season, I just went with my own ideas.

Zmby had been onboard with the initial ideas of Android Lusett, but I was hesitant. Prisma proposed the idea that Lusett would be inclined to go to Earth, start a new EXALT, and try to tear down Exalt Enterprises and everything they stood for. Obviously, Vanguard of Forseti has everything to do with the colonies and nothing to do with Earth directly. So I said that idea wasn't good, and it may need to be scrapped.

Prisma didn't like being told that. He grew angry with me, and any further attempts to talk to him (through conversations or through Marine) resulted in him swearing a ton and not listening to reason. So I showed his ideas on the think tank because at the time I felt it was necessary to prove my point that it wasn't a good idea.

Ultimately, after a lot of arguing, Prisma said he had to leave due to personal stuff. Later, he outright told me that was a lie, that "I had killed his passion." By vetoing a single character idea. And so this string of hate has continued until the point where his vitriol hurled at me was too much to take.

He left the story of his own volition, AlzDude. He stopped writing. Someone is not a Member of our group if they don't contribute anything. Some write slower than others. I love Tax for his infrequent but awesome content. Prisma wasn't producing anything because of his hatred of me. And if you're going to hate the leader of the story, you certainly aren't going to fit in when you try to come back.

And regardless, when someone bails early on twice in a row, I'm not going to give them a third chance when all that will logically do is make a mess- for me to waste time I could be using to make the story BETTER - cleaning up.

Your a leader like I am a the messiah. A leader finds a way to work with people not fight with them. A leader can lead a diverse group of people including those of a different opinion and view. A leader can stay impartial and fair-minded. Your are not a leader. More likely your a arrogant young kid on a power trip of some sort. On every occasion we have interacted you have in some way over-reacted and in my opinion basically lied. Telling people I said things I didnt.

Last time I had to be mediator between you and Prisma. I explained to both of you that the goal of this community is to have a cohesive and friendly environment for all. Insisted both of you have gone off the deep end again.

Now the reason for my post. What is this I heard about you deleting peoples posts?

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Your a leader like I am a the messiah. A leader finds a way to work with people not fight with them. A leader can lead a diverse group of people including those of a different opinion and view. A leader can stay impartial and fair-minded. Your are not a leader. More likely your a arrogant young kid on a power trip of some sort. On every occasion we have interacted you have in some way over-reacted and in my opinion basically lied. Telling people I said things I didnt.

Last time I had to be mediator between you and Prisma. I explained to both of you that the goal of this community is to have a cohesive and friendly environment for all. Insisted both of you have gone off the deep end again.

Now the reason for my post. What is this I heard about you deleting peoples posts?
Gem had nothing to do with that. I deleted one post of Prisma's because of what he said. I deleted and then afterwards posted a message saying no more squabling would be tolerated, and when Prisma asked, I informed him it was the mark of the end of any more fighting and that I would send Gem a warning, which I did. End of story.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Gem had nothing to do with that. I deleted one post of Prisma's because of what he said. I deleted and then afterwards posted a message saying no more squabling would be tolerated, and when Prisma asked, I informed him it was the mark of the end of any more fighting and that I would send Gem a warning, which I did. End of story.
Sounds good.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Sounds good.
Good. Unfortunately, Prisma was not acting so nicely to Gem, telling me in private he was enjoying bullying Gem and that if he did not give Prisma control over him, he would continue to undermine him. I thought that information should have been made public to Gem and I did, showcasing that although sometimes did get frustrated, it was only from instigation by Prisma.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member
Good. Unfortunately, Prisma was not acting so nicely to Gem, telling me in private he was enjoying bullying Gem and that if he did not give Prisma control over him, he would continue to undermine him. I thought that information should have been made public to Gem and I did, showcasing that although sometimes did get frustrated, it was only from instigation by Prisma.
My knowledge is based strictly on Gems previous performance. If you think its settled then its settled.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
My knowledge is based strictly on Gems previous performance. If you think its settled then its settled.
Gem has been an excellent GM so far for the stories. Without him after a personal issue that caused Zombie to step down, mostly everything would have fell apart and we would not be going as strong.

Mangrale

Everything happens in the weekends... always the outsider.

I flippin hope I'm doing this right. I like the audio of this one, although the artist is Korean and named Han Hee Jung, at least I think that's how it's spelled.

I love the song, but can't understand a single thing except the last words. (I don't believe anything translates into something offensive. But if it turns out that it does, this sucka's going down.:))