X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

DarkGemini24601

I'm messing around with X2 psionics this morning, so if anyone has any cool ideas, let me know. Pretty much all the existant powers right now will show up, if mixed around to better suit the themes of each color. And I have a few probable additions.
Terrakinesis, Mind Shielding, something else I'm forgetting right now

DarkGemini24601

I wanted to apologize for a lack of content lately (it's been nine days? Really?). School's been busy and I haven't got to finish a couple of collabs I was working on, let alone write a mission.

Hopefully by this evening I can finish the collabs and move on to preparing a few missions.

DarkGemini24601

I should preface this be saying we may or may not actually start the third season around March. It really depends on school, and on the progress of Vanguard of Forseti.

To explain my plans, well... winter break for me starts on the 19th of December. I'm going on a cruise from the 19th to the 28th or something like that, during which time I will be almost completely incommunicado. Out of signal. Unable to do this directly. So my plans are evolving around that fact. Before the break, I'd like to work on side stories (make progress towards finishing Rulers of Shambhala... actually POST our progress :p) and information for XCOM2. Why X2 again? Because while I'm gone, naturally, we'll be on hiatus - and we might be onsoft hiatus soon anyway to accommodate other focuses.

While I'm gone, I want YOU guys to work on XCOM2 biographies for me. Hence why I need to give you as clear of a picture as possible, so when I get back I don't have to make huge overhauls of your bios (I will likely still have to edit things, I'm just trying to keep my editing to the most reasonable minimum by laying things out for you all). As for me, I'm gonna be doing some assorted writing, including... preparing a bunch of Vanguard of Forseti missions! Once I get back, I'll likely spend the rest of the break doing content like meeting the Outsiders and such to get us interested in VoF again, utilizing some of that litany of missions, and finishing up RoS if I still need to.

Once the break is over, we still should have plenty of missions to go off of, more likely being in the works, and then VoF can finally return to a more consistent schedule. We'll see where that takes us up until VoF's conclusion from there.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Also... Guys... It's... It's my two year anniversary... Holy shit it is actually my two year anniversary... You know... It is... So weird. I remember the actual night I first came to the site. I had... Just watched the recruitment video for Season 4 at like... 11 at night and I wrote the entire James Nightingale bio on my shitty Iphone 4. Low and behold, I was chosen and... Well, along the way, I met so many amazing people... Forged so many fantastic relationships I know will be life long... I've... Had a lot of fights and a lot of make ups too. A lot of... A lot of personal emotional grief was helped here, more so then I even got from my own parents. I... I just... Gah, fuck I am crying now... See Dahl, this is what you do to me you ass... Geez... So much... So much has happened, it blows my mind. If I could drink I swear I would be having one right now.... Wooooo... Fuck me man... I love you all so much.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Just to celebrate the occasion, I am donning my very first avatar I ever used on Graylines Gaming. It has been a looong time...

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Here is a treat for you guys... the first post I ever made to Graylines! Oh god, I want to be sick looking at this...

First Name: James
Last Name: Nightingale
NickName: Enigma

Biographical Synopsis: James is alone. His real name if you could get it out of him was James... And that was it. No one really knows his last name. Any family of his is dead or left a long, long time ago. James came from a family were the men had 2 choices, work on the family ranch or join the military. James decided to do both.

James
was born and raised in southern England but would not distinguish where precisely. Whenever you got James to talk about his younger life he would always describe listening to the birds chirp at night, especially his favorite, the Nightingale. It was also the only time he would smile. After high school and James got his diploma at the age of 19, James worked the ranch until the age of 20. During that time James learned how to fly and to use a rifle and he was a decent shot. When he was 21 he signed up and a few months later he was in boot camp. He learned how to use anything from rifles to LMGs and heavy armaments such as grenades and rockets. He also was taught basic first aid and environmental survival tactics. When boot camp finished he was shipped out to protect oil rigs in the Middle East. Two weeks after James's 22nd birthday, both his brothers were shot and killed in action.

James was discharged and he fell into a pit of depression and drinking. 5 years later when James was 27 and at the high of his downfall, James was approached by a man who offered James a way out. James hesitantly and reluctantly accepted and tries to turn around his once hollow existence. He abandons his last name, taking the name of Nightingale, the nocturnal bird he would listen to at night in England and wanted to start a new life, whatever that may cost or mean.

Pledge:
I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Taxor_the_First

Here is a treat for you guys... the first post I ever made to Graylines! Oh god, I want to be sick looking at this...

First Name: James
Last Name: Nightingale
NickName: Enigma

Biographical Synopsis: James is alone. His real name if you could get it out of him was James... And that was it. No one really knows his last name. Any family of his is dead or left a long, long time ago. James came from a family were the men had 2 choices, work on the family ranch or join the military. James decided to do both.

James
was born and raised in southern England but would not distinguish where precisely. Whenever you got James to talk about his younger life he would always describe listening to the birds chirp at night, especially his favorite, the Nightingale. It was also the only time he would smile. After high school and James got his diploma at the age of 19, James worked the ranch until the age of 20. During that time James learned how to fly and to use a rifle and he was a decent shot. When he was 21 he signed up and a few months later he was in boot camp. He learned how to use anything from rifles to LMGs and heavy armaments such as grenades and rockets. He also was taught basic first aid and environmental survival tactics. When boot camp finished he was shipped out to protect oil rigs in the Middle East. Two weeks after James's 22nd birthday, both his brothers were shot and killed in action.

James was discharged and he fell into a pit of depression and drinking. 5 years later when James was 27 and at the high of his downfall, James was approached by a man who offered James a way out. James hesitantly and reluctantly accepted and tries to turn around his once hollow existence. He abandons his last name, taking the name of Nightingale, the nocturnal bird he would listen to at night in England and wanted to start a new life, whatever that may cost or mean.

Pledge:
I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.
You got selected, didn't you? Clearly it wasn't that bad, though I will not deny you have definitely improved since.
Whereas those who wish to dig deeper in that same thread will find my own first post, which was not selected.
I'm only mildly bitter, I swear.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
You got selected, didn't you? Clearly it wasn't that bad, though I will not deny you have definitely improved since.
Whereas those who wish to dig deeper in that same thread will find my own first post, which was not selected.
I'm only mildly bitter, I swear.
I saw that looking for mine, Mr. Anderson. Strangely enough, I found @Alzdude28 one too. It was funny.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
There is a new c0lab for you guys from me and Dahl. One of his characters are actually getting attention from the opposite sex, who knew, right?

DarkGemini24601

There is a new c0lab for you guys from me and Dahl. One of his characters are actually getting attention from the opposite sex, who knew, right?
Finally got a chance to read it. I am very impressed. It felt natural, funny, and heartwarming all in a pleasant sequence. I like that Malcolm isn't the sort to be all reserved about his thoughts and Noire is thinking about becoming a punmaster. Well done both of you.

DarkGemini24601

Connor farewell as amazing as well. "Frasher". Ahem, I'm going to assume that's a nickname and not a typo (it's 'Fraser'). Fraser might be staying in Room D-006 as well, haven't quite made up my mind.