X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

Frostlich1228

...ha. Ha ha. Thank you for your gratitude for the hours of work I put into that mission. I really appreciate it.

Frost. A couple of things. Not only did we wipe out NEARLY EVERY COMMANDO ON THE ENEMY TEAM THERE, but you completely misinterpreted what happened beyond what I could have even anticipated.

It's really sad that subtitles are missed and I have to spell everything out here.
  1. Contrary to Layrinxa 2, the squad went down swinging, taking out, again, most of the enemy commandos. They were as mook-ified as Strike One was there. Both sides took losses quickly because it was a fast-paced mission.
  2. It was a bad situation in general. The majority of the soldiers on that team? Unmodified. I've said this before: MOD YOUR DUDES. The only reason the enemy team is as strong as they are is because they're heavily modified. And we have access to most of the enemy's gene mods now! One of the reasons this Strike One got their asses handed to them is because they were all unmodded. This wasn't the psi/gene/cyber A team, this was a C or D team at best. We weren't expecting a trap.
  3. And in that vein, Tris is testing our resolve by doing that. We had been doing well and hadn't been taking many losses, so she upped the stakes to see what would happen.
  4. You can't leave the XSDF in wartime. *hands dunce cap*. That's call desertion. In normal wars a lot more people die than this, and you still don't get mass desertion. So that's absolute defeatist crap coming from you and you alone.
  5. This mission was not entirely in vain. Not only have we witnessed some of the enemy's capabilities (The Juggernaut uses one of the Starcraft-Immortal esque shields and has some tough armor, but we could use rapid fire stuff to chip away at the shields and then armor penetration stuff against her armor. We know to do that now) but we learned really important stuff about Trismegistus. We learned she's an A.I.! That was a huge reveal!
  6. As a side note, don't pretend to know how my character thinks. In regards to that, fuck off. You tell me not to tell you how to play your characters, so don't be a hypocrite.
  7. An the rest of the stuff we got from the sacrifices? Besides the Juggernaut getting close to being beaten, and Trismegistus losing an advanced frame, you seemed to have missed something that Kallpa did. His biggest accomplishment in that mission that disgraces his memory to brush off.
When the Trickster came to Kallpa, notice he only used his left Bonecrusher. His right arm was completely inoperable thanks to Siegfried's shot. And do you know what Kallpa did to him? HE LITERALLY TURNED HIM INTO A SKELETON BY BURNING AWAY ALL LIVING TISSUE ON HIS BODY. He's ABSOLUTELY dead, dude. We killed one of them.

Well, you're aggressive for absolutely no reason... I said what I thought about the mission, that's all... And you say I'm the one who can't take criticism...

And if you needed to explain all that, it probably wasn't very clear in the post... Just saying...

DarkGemini24601

Well, you're aggressive for absolutely no reason... I said what I thought about the mission, that's all... And you say I'm the one who can't take criticism...

And if you needed to explain all that, it probably wasn't very clear in the post... Just saying...
Yeah, no, I have a reason to be aggressive when someone essentially says my work is trash and is ruining the story, almost inplying I should do something corrective like deleting the mission.

You can't handle loss and defeat.

You didn't understand what was going on in the mission bwcause you likely stopped caring halfway through and stopped paying attention.

I flat out said Tris was an AI, that The Trickster was reduced to a corpse. You're the one with conprehension issues. Tax understood, as have others fhat I've talked to this about.

Frostlich1228

Yeah, no, I have a reason to be aggressive when someone essentially says my work is trash and is ruining the story, almost inplying I should do something corrective like deleting the mission.

You can't handle loss and defeat.

You didn't understand what was going on in the mission bwcause you likely stopped caring halfway through and stopped paying attention.

I flat out said Tris was an AI, that The Trickster was reduced to a corpse. You're the one with conprehension issues. Tax understood, as have others fhat I've talked to this about.

And at what point in the post did I say that?
Quote it.

Where did I say "You work is trash and is ruining the story?", because I really want to know, maybe I missed it because of my apparent comprehension problems.

DarkGemini24601

And at what point in the post did I say that?
Quote it.

Where did I say "You work is trash and is ruining the story?", because I really want to know, maybe I missed it because of my apparent comprehension problems.
Frost, you know what you were implying. Let me turn this backwards on you: if you didn't have any motive in complaining about the mission, then you were simply whining, and that's no better.

PrismaCube

Wtf is this unnecessary shit, just to prove a point, there isn't even a button to vote

didnt-read.gif

DarkGemini24601

Wtf is this unnecessary shit, just to prove a point, there isn't even a button to vote

didnt-read.gif
Eh? Clicking on the link leads to a vote set for "Yes" and "No". It is proving a point to Frost, but that doesn't really matter in relation to you.

It has absolutely nothing to do with you. It's related to Vanguard of Forseti, a story you aren't in and have no interest in.

PrismaCube

Eh? Clicking on the link leads to a vote set for "Yes" and "No". It is proving a point to Frost, but that doesn't really matter in relation to you.

It has absolutely nothing to do with you. It's related to Vanguard of Forseti, a story you aren't in and have no interest in.

That is BS, those are words you put into my mouth. First of all that above thing was a joke, especially out of the reason that I did not read it and wished for a button that said "Didn't read LoL" so I could vote also. Second of all there are other ways to prove points than that unnecessary shit, especially if it does not concern me, then why post it here in public a public voting poll where I can participate in? Rather than having a private conversation about it. I think I have every right to be a part of this. After all it's right here on this forum where I'm also active. And if you have forgotten I'm in the story. Just nonactive, which I will remain. But that still saying that I'm and was a part of the story. And who said I have no interest in it? xD This debate has sparked more than enough of my interest to go and read those 3 posts.