X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

DarkGemini24601

One last post for you guys, and now I sleep.

Tomorrow I'll maybe get the Red Eye Flight NPC bios up along with a solo, but other than that I'll be working on another project so don't expect much out of me other than the first minor mission in the evening which was written today for a reason.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I come to you all with news I am sure will disappoint everyone, possibly anger some, and likely cost me a friend or two (or three or four).

With my inconsistent mood, need to adjust to meds, need to set up regular therapy appointments, need to get my physical health in check, need to up my job search efforts, and again, need to adjust to the three new medications I take to keep myself from having to be hospitalized again, I half reluctantly decided to... leave the Vanguard of Forseti RP. I know this will upset so many people, but you seem to be doing so well without me, that at least I can be sure my departure would not mean its end.

This decision comes with two very important questions. The first is "Who will take over my position as GM?". I naturally have little say in the final decision, but I truly feel you should go with DarkGemini24601. I know he isn't perfect. Gem, I hope you have been working on those issues of oversensitivity and letting things go. That said, he is, without a doubt, the most qualified for the position at this time. I am surprised by the degree of dedication and hard work seen in someone so young. I would never have made it through the first season without his help, and he put so much more work into this season then me, he would probably be better off as GM then me even if I stayed. He has the knowledge, the dedication, and the heart to keep this thing alive in my absence. As for assistant GM, that is naturally up to the GM, but I would recommend MarineAvenger.

The second question is one of my characters, and what to do with them. Again, that is not up to me, and you guys are free to ignore them, retcon them out of existence, kill them off, or whatever you want. However, it would mean a lot to me if at least some of them were adopted, even if as minor characters. Astasha and Frederick should go to Gem as he is the most knowledgeable about who they are and what my intentions with them were, even if he decides not to have them follow that path, and Aya should go to Marine, as she is tied to one of his side characters. As for the others, do with them what you will, but if you guys do decide to keep using them, I have a few suggestions as to who could take them:

Brigid: Gem or Marine
Korra: Marine or Adramma
Alice: Marine
Mikhail: Gem
Baka: Marine or Frost
Rei: Gem, Pixy, or Prisma
Terratorra: Pixy or Dahl

I also had a eleventh character, a Humiliata, that I had planned, and I will send a PM to Gem and Marine with her bio and first post in case they want to use her or think someone else would do her justice. I feel I have posted enough with these characters to give a general idea of what they are like. But again, it is all your guys' decision whether to use any of them or not.

Finally, please understand that this is not goodbye. I love you all too much for it to be goodbye. I hope that my mental health will improve to a point where I can at least participate in a smaller RP (just not in the leadership position). I had one in mind with Gem and Marine, in fact (you know which one, though I need time to recover from my ordeal, as I said). In addition, not only do I love love LOVE to help you guys when you need help with something, but as you guys are my support network. It might sound selfish, but I still NEED you guys. The support you give me is what I use to get through my harder days. As such, while I will not be on this sight regularly for a while, likely only stopping by to read the story, I want you guys to have my email. It is fflover8@yahoo.com. Again, it is fflover8@yahoo.com. Please email me if you have any questions on one of my characters, want some advice on the RP, or you simply want to talk, whether that being the need to get something off your chest, or simply wanting to shoot the breeze. I'll assume I still have the support of anyone that sends me an email, and be sure to save them. While I will not be on this sight regularly, I will check my email several times a day. If we need to have an in-depth talk, we always have the google docs.

Remember that I care about all of you, and this was not an easy decision to make, but I need to fix myself right now. I hope to speak with you guys soon. Maybe I'll even get a chance to work on the fantasy based story I started in High School and post it here. Maybe my meds will help me get on track in a month's time. Who knows? Wish me luck, because I am wishing it to all of you.

ufwmwne.gif

Last edited:

PrismaCube

I come to you all with news I am sure will disappoint everyone, possibly anger some, and likely cost me a friend or two (or three or four).

With my inconsistent mood, need to adjust to meds, need to set up regular therapy appointments, need to get my physical health in check, need to up my job search efforts, and again, need to adjust to the three new medications I take to keep myself from having to be hospitalized again, I half reluctantly decided to... leave the Vanguard of Forseti RP. I know this will upset so many people, but you seem to be doing so well without me, that at least I can be sure my departure would not mean its end.

This decision comes with two very important questions. The first is "Who will take over my position as GM?". I naturally have little say in the final decision, but I truly feel you should go with DarkGemini24601. I know he isn't perfect. Gem, I hope you have been working on those issues of oversensitivity and letting things go. That said, he is, without a doubt, the most qualified for the position at this time. I am surprised by the degree of dedication and hard work seen in someone so young. I would never have made it through the first season without his help, and he put so much more work into this season then me, he would probably be better off as GM then me even if I stayed. He has the knowledge, the dedication, and the heart to keep this thing alive in my absence. As for assistant GM, that is naturally up to the GM, but I would recommend MarineAvenger.

The second question is one of my characters, and what to do with them. Again, that is not up to me, and you guys are free to ignore them, retcon them out of existence, kill them off, or whatever you want. However, it would mean a lot to me if at least some of them were adopted, even if as minor characters. Astasha and Frederick should go to Gem as he is the most knowledgeable about who they are and what my intentions with them were, even if he decides not to have them follow that path, and Aya should go to Marine, as she is tied to one of his side characters. As for the others, do with them what you will, but if you guys do decide to keep using them, I have a few suggestions as to who could take them:

I also had a eleventh character, a Humiliata, that I had planned, and I will send a PM to Gem and Marine with her bio and first post in case they want to use her or think someone else would do her justice. I feel I have posted enough with these characters to give a general idea of what they are like. But again, it is all your guys' decision whether to use any of them or not.

Finally, please understand that this is not goodbye. I love you all too much for it to be goodbye. I hope that my mental health will improve to a point where I can at least participate in a smaller RP (just not in the leadership position). I had one in mind with Gem and Marine, in fact (you know which one, though I need time to recover from my ordeal, as I said). In addition, not only do I love love LOVE to help you guys when you need help with something, but as you guys are my support network. It might sound selfish, but I still NEED you guys. The support you give me is what I use to get through my harder days. As such, while I will not be on this sight regularly for a while, likely only stopping by to read the story, I want you guys to have my email. It is fflover8@yahoo.com. Again, it is fflover8@yahoo.com. Please email me if you have any questions on one of my characters, want some advice on the RP, or you simply want to talk, whether that being the need to get something off your chest, or simply wanting to shoot the breeze. I'll assume I still have the support of anyone that sends me an email, and be sure to save them. While I will not be on this sight regularly, I will check my email several times a day. If we need to have an in-depth talk, we always have the google docs.

Remember that I care about all of you, and this was not an easy decision to make, but I need to fix myself right now. I hope to speak with you guys soon. Maybe I'll even get a chance to work on the fantasy based story I started in High School and post it here. Maybe my meds will help me get on track in a month's time. Who knows? Wish me luck, because I am wishing it to all of you.

It pains me to read this, on top of that it makes me really sad, since I myself just got back and enjoyed RP with a vetran RP again. But I understand what you are going through and I understand your issue. I mean after all I too had to leave for a while inoder to focus on school. I hope you will stay healthy and continue to be a part of this community whenever you can, it will not be the same without you and your great stories. As for Rei I would be honored to take her as my second character and RP her for you, I will try my best to keep her the way you wanted her to be. As I know you would or acctually have done so for me aswell.

For the first part might I just say that you will not lose any friends. I think everyone here understands the circumstances, as they did for when I had to leave. So do not worry about that ^^

BMPixy

ufwmwne.gif

And here I got all these doves for nothing...

Levity aside, it pains me to hear this, but only for the fact that I'll be waving goodbye to an old friend. I completely understand your reasoning for this, and wish you luck on your journeys. After all, your own health and livelihood comes first, and we can't ask you to put that on hold for our own needs. Again, may you find success on whatever roads life takes you, and may you be able to one day return unto us upon a chariot of light, flaming sword in one hand and olive branch in the other. Until then...

fc,550x550,black.u2.jpg

DarkGemini24601

Okay, forget that. I had a plan in this worst case scenario, and I'm going to start amending it and making it work. I will make this roleplay succeed, for everyone here, and for Zmby.

Alzdude28

ufwmwne.gif

I can't think of much to say other than that I completely understand your reasons, I hope you get better soon, and I hope that we'll get to do something together in future.

DarkGemini24601

First of all, let me work with this for a moment. There was a plan for Terratorra, so I'm going to hold onto him, at least for now. Same with Astasha and Frederick like Zombie said. I WILL be taking on Mikhail, since I do feel confident enough to play him.

Marine will be taking Alice, but for Aya we're going to send her off on some excuse. Neither of us feel entirely confident in playing such an established character.

But here is my biggest amendment to this list, done both to prevent adding too much of a load to everyone and as a last, dim hope of mine.

Aya, Baka, and that 11th character are going on ice. What that means is that they won't be used in posting, and are basically just in the background. Aya will be off on some side quest thing, Baka will just be working, and the 11th character will join us and then not become relevant again. That way, if Zmby feels up to returning at any point in the future, he can reclaim those three no problem.

As for Rei and Korra, I'm taking them in as adopted NPCs. Anyone last season remembers how Vahlen and Shen were basically NPCs. Well, that's the idea for Rei. She needs to remain as essential staff, but I want to leave her character development alone and just keep her as a minor character. Same for Korra as part of the Greyhounds.

All in all, Zmby will have five characters he can easily reclaim if he wants to rejoin us as a player. The rest are being claimed by myself for the time being or Marine. Sorry for anyone that might have been interested in playing one of his characters, but I want to leave him a chance to come back if things improve, and I need to have the essential staff members more or less under my control.

Dahlexpert

ufwmwne.gif

I think you underestimate Zombie, yes this news took all of use by surprise but. We understand it and we all love you to and we all wish the best for you we all want you to get better. Now i'm not good at this sentimental stuff but i'm going to try, now I might sound like a huge dick by saying this but.

The things that are going on with you, yes it's terrible but it might be a good thing. It seems bad right now but I believe or I want to believe that once you get better great thing will happen to you. So this is not a good buy it's just a taking a vacation so you can get things to together.

So I leave you with this. Get well soon Zombie

oukMRba8mQbjYlOY.jpg

PrismaCube

First of all, let me work with this for a moment. There was a plan for Terratorra, so I'm going to hold onto him, at least for now. Same with Astasha and Frederick like Zombie said. I WILL be taking on Mikhail, since I do feel confident enough to play him.

Marine will be taking Alice, but for Aya we're going to send her off on some excuse. Neither of us feel entirely confident in playing such an established character.

But here is my biggest amendment to this list, done both to prevent adding too much of a load to everyone and as a last, dim hope of mine.

Aya, Baka, and that 11th character are going on ice. What that means is that they won't be used in posting, and are basically just in the background. Aya will be off on some side quest thing, Baka will just be working, and the 11th character will join us and then not become relevant again. That way, if Zmby feels up to returning at any point in the future, he can reclaim those three no problem.

As for Rei and Korra, I'm taking them in as adopted NPCs. Anyone last season remembers how Vahlen and Shen were basically NPCs. Well, that's the idea for Rei. She needs to remain as essential staff, but I want to leave her character development alone and just keep her as a minor character. Same for Korra as part of the Greyhounds.

All in all, Zmby will have five characters he can easily reclaim if he wants to rejoin us as a player. The rest are being claimed by myself for the time being or Marine. Sorry for anyone that might have been interested in playing one of his characters, but I want to leave him a chance to come back if things improve, and I need to have the essential staff members more or less under my control.

If you do not mind, I already said I would take Rei.

Sarge

Just fix stuff.
Staff member

ufwmwne.gif

Zombie my friend. Thanks for the hard work. BUT! my gut feelings tell me you will be back very soon. So see you soon :p

Adrammalech

ufwmwne.gif

You gotta do what you gotta do. Take care :(

Taxor_the_First

ufwmwne.gif
Well... fuck.
lie_down__try_not_to_cry__cry_a_lot_combo_by_badflippy-d5t596e-630x322.jpg

I do wish you could stick around in your previous capacity, but I do understand that you aren't feeling up to it. That's fine. I highly doubt anyone's going to feel betrayed here. Sad, yes. Angry? I know I'm not. You've done a fantastic job as our GM, a sentiment which I'm pretty sure the lot of us share. I only hope you end up feeling better in the near future, and that we'll see you again here, ready to write again. Take care Zombs.

DarkGemini24601

Goodnight all. Not sure if I'll be able to do anything tomorrow if I wake up feeling as depressed as I am today. Don't take that as me being unable to continue in the long run, it's just that unless something I'm trying to do works, unless my last ditch effort succeeds, it's going to take me awhile to accept what I've lost.