X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

DarkGemini24601

Alright, home and ready to rock. Marine, I'd like to do a collab with you on your doc if possible. Same for Frost on DG Doc 2. I have one to finish up with Zmby when he gets a chance as well.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Sorry, but I'm mostly unavailable. Finishing the collab with Gem is pretty much all I have the energy for in the last two hours of my 12 hour shift.

Sorry, Dahl.:(

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Also, I was asked this the other day, so in case anyone is curious, Korea's measurements are 36E-22-33, based on celebrity Pamela Anderson.

Frostlich1228

Hey Guys...

Can I ask you all a serious question?

How do you feel I have been doing with Cammy's role as a therapist? I know you've all been to therapists yourselfs and I want to make it as effective and a realistic as possible.

It came to my attention that... I may not have enough experience with real Therapists to actually be able to write one effectively.

So, does Cammy act anything like a therapist should? What do you think of her treatments? Especially if they were or were not right for each person.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Hey Guys...

How do you feel I have been doing with Cammy's role as a therapist? I know you've all been to therapists yourselfs and I want to make it as effective and a realistic as possible.

It came to my attention that... I may not have enough experience with real Therapists to actually be able to write one effectively.

So, does Cammy act anything like a therapist should? What do you think of her treatments? Especially if they were or were not right for each person.
In all honesty Cammy could be better at her job. Sometimes she has done a really good job helping her patients but one of the most important rules for someone in her position to remember is you are not supposed to let your emotions rule your judgement, something Cammy being the motherly type just can't do effectively. If a therapist is too emotionally involved in a particular case, you know what happens? The patient gets moved, simple as that. It sucks that you can't help someone you deeply care about but that sort of stuff is for private affairs, and not a therapy room. It is not a problem with Cammy as much as her personality, (normally seen as something people should aspire to be) it just simply isn't possible. Is she a good character? Yes, of course she is. Is she the right person to be a therapist? Maybe, if that person isn't someone she is emotionally attached to.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Hey Guys...

My suggestion is to try and have her in more of the listener role. Therapy should be as much about letting people express what is hurting them as it is about helping them fix those problems. Of course, they should point out destructive behavior, but for the most part, it is about listening. And don't be afraid for Cammy to use parts of her life as examples, but never do something that changes the focus away from what the patient is dealing with.

Alzdude28

Hey Guys...

I don't have any first hand experience, however a friend of mine is studying psychology. He says that it's important to stay detached. So I don't really have anything to add to what Marine said, other than that I can confirm that it's an important aspect.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Have an early morning collab for you guys. Worked on it literally all day yesterday. Not sure how good it is, considering how tired I was for the second half, but I tried.

DarkGemini24601

Finally getting around to revealing a bit of Hermes's backstory. Check the link in my signature to see the updated version of his bio AFTER you've read the post, not before.
And yes, Pixy, if you guessed as to who Grazia's appearance is inspired by.
giorno_giovanna_by_nen777.jpg

Frostlich1228

Finally getting around to revealing a bit of Hermes's backstory. Check the link in my signature to see the updated version of his bio AFTER you've read the post, not before.
And yes, Pixy, if you guessed as to who Grazia's appearance is inspired by.
giorno_giovanna_by_nen777.jpg

Turns out it was on his back the whole time!
Everyone just thought it was a really weird tattoo. :p

DarkGemini24601

Well done, Zombie and Dahl. I love the natural-feeling friendship between Brigid and Cassia, and I'm really warming up to Cassia and Noire lately.