OOC X-COM Think Tank (part 4)

DarkGemini24601

Gotcha. Of course, Yakone has another alternate name, but we both know you have another use for that one. ;)
I think you're thinking of her mother.

Heads-up, guys, I might be working on a mission tomorrow/wednesday if I have the time after school. If anyone's going to be available this week... let me know. This is an op I'd love to have plenty of people on.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Heads-up, guys, I might be working on a mission tomorrow/wednesday if I have the time after school. If anyone's going to be available this week... let me know. This is an op I'd love to have plenty of people on.
Oops... I was. Derp.

And I can try, though I wouldn't be available until the evening.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

I'd love to say I'd be no problem...

But uh... I'll try, docs is a little iffy for me to use right now, so don't be afraid to start it without me if I can't make it, but I promise I will try.

DarkGemini24601

Oops... I was. Derp.

And I can try, though I wouldn't be available until the evening.
Gotcha, that's fine. It'll probably take two or three days, but I can just spread it out into sections.
I'd love to say I'd be no problem...

But uh... I'll try, docs is a little iffy for me to use right now, so don't be afraid to start it without me if I can't make it, but I promise I will try.
Understood.

Dahlexpert

Well I'm off tomorrow, I can do it.

Taxor_the_First

Oh, in SoD he would've been an ally, but uh, not in this one!

Makes sense, this is a much grimmer universe, so much that psudo-suicide was his best bet.
(Apologies for dragging up a comment from 2 pages ago. You guys talk too much :oops:)

"Pseudo suicide" is actually a pretty accurate description. His motivations will be explained with more clarity later on, but yeah. Glad to see you got the gist.

I think this iteration of him is probably my edgiest character to date...

Also Gem actually did it the absolute madman. Ignoring how he feels about all the brainwashing, I wonder how Des would react if he knew his daughter was now, as Samson might say, "chasin' the puss".

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
(Apologies for dragging up a comment from 2 pages ago. You guys talk too much :oops:)

"Pseudo suicide" is actually a pretty accurate description. His motivations will be explained with more clarity later on, but yeah. Glad to see you got the gist.

I think this iteration of him is probably my edgiest character to date...

Also Gem actually did it the absolute madman. Ignoring how he feels about all the brainwashing, I wonder how Des would react if he knew his daughter was now, as Samson might say, "chasin' the puss".
Desmond doesn't much care in romantics or the like much since he left Atka. He doesn't care what she would do but if it went to far, he would put an end to it immediately.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Desmond doesn't much care in romantics or the like much since he left Atka. He doesn't care what she would do but if it went to far, he would put an end to it immediately.
Desmond, all powerful ADVENT warrior and overprotective daddy that don't want no one touchin' his daughter, else he gets the shotgun out.

DarkGemini24601

Important note my mission people: we now have pulse and thermo weapons. Pulse guns are blue lasers that fire off two beams in rapid succession for extra, slightly explosive damage. Thermo weapons are my own personal design: they never run out of ammo, and manage their heating by firing off superheated waves and the alternating with cryogenic attacks. Red and blue, hot and cold. Pulse will be most of our weapons, particularly those designed for armor penetration, while Thermo will be the rapid-fire weapons. You can check the Soldier Profiles as I update it to know what your person is toting.

DarkGemini24601

In the interest of saving time I'm going to tell rather than show:

Morrigan - Since she never used her skullmining system, I've decided to give Vysinni an A.I. Kit that should help his master keep up with a certain crimson knight. This is the Typhoon Substructure, a series of underarmor servos that increase the speed and dexterity of the wearer. Combine this with the reaction time boosts Vys can provide, and it makes Morrigan into a sub-Quicksilver.

Ayame - Instead of Hellweave, Ayame is going to now wear a Cryomedkit Vest. Instead of normal healing nanites (which Ayame doesn't need if she has a nearby source of psi food), this has nozzles that spray intensely cold gases like compressed liquid nitrogen onto plasma wounds - effectively giving Ayame a counter to her weakness.

Alexis - The Biofield Amplifier allows her to extend the potency range of her biokinesis; this means that anyone standing within a few meters of her will be as effectively healed as if Alexis were touching them. Should prove helpful when dealing with the Major in the future.

Luke - With a specialzied psi Destructo amp, Luke's firecracker can now cause void damage with pure destructokinesis in the center of the blasts, annhilating some matter. He has to be holding this thing and not his Febrigun is the tradeoff.

Marx - Since stone won't be enough to defend against most attacks, Marx will receive an EM Well booster that can turn his terrakinesis into magnokinesis, and will allow him to bend metal as well as magnetically pull armored enemies towards himself.

Mark - In order to increase the times Charon can stay out, Red Hawk will receive a Will Amp that increases his mental endurance.

DarkGemini24601

Would like the opinion of the team on an idea I had:

The facility we're going to be hitting has an outdoor area and an indoor part. Conventionally, we'd go from outside to inside... but I could also see two teams. One clears the outside, which keeps the heat off the second team as they enter the building directly.

This unorthodox approach would allow me to split up the group and make this easier to schedule. We'd focus on the indoor bossfight with the five of us, and then I might do the outside distraction with whoever is available the other day (or just skim over it if I'f be doing it by myself AND no one would be interested in reading that).