X-COM RP THINK TANK (part2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGemini24601

Got an epilogue for you. Also got one more idea I might act on pretty soon...
I'll be ruining it here, but I looked and saw all three front page threads with your pasta on them.

fIujurS.png

DarkGemini24601

Yellow has electro, blue has cryo, and I gave orange aero. I don't mind air manipulation with aero, but not doing earth since it's either too niche or op if it includes metal.

DarkGemini24601

What I have so far:

Abilities:

Universal

Telepathy - Allows the psion to communicate with others mentally. Mind reading is possible, but only if the target's will is overcome and the psion is very skilled.

Dreamscape - A psion can learn how to enter their mental landscape, which takes the form of their personality, struggles, and other parts of them. With permission, they can enter the 'dreamscape' of another person.

Red

Psi Lance - A psychokinetic bolt of energy, like a psi 'bullet' of varying sizes.

Pyro Conjuring - The ability to create fire but not directly manipulate it. (This can be overcome with telekinesis)

Telekinesis - Lifting objects with psionic force and manipulating them in this manner.

Destructokinesis - Essentially, the power to create explosions in a limited capacity.

Soul Fire - Flames that both burn the target and deal more damage if they have lower will than the user.

Purple

Psi Panic - If the target's will is overcome, the psion can make them panic, often by bringing up horrific memories or images.

Mind-Merge - Allows the psion to merge with another psion, strengthening the receiver's will and the projector's by half that much.

Neural Feedback - Like the genetic version, reflects offensive mental psionic attacks like mindfray and psi panic, causing neural pain and damage. Unlike the genetic version, if the psion has the ability that is being directed at them, they can redirect it (and it doesn't have to be mental).

Mind Control - A difficult ability. If the psion overcomes their target's will, they can seize control of them and direct their actions. Single target mind control is more complete, but against several weaker-willed targets it is possible to use a puppeteer version to control their basic actions together.

Subsume - A powerful ability. Tendrils of psionic energy that drain enemy psions, but can be destroyed with most attacks. More sturdy and speedy-to-drain based on the psion's will.

Blue

Mindfray - Threads of psionic energy (coming in various appearances) that disrupts the target's concentration if their will is overcome, causing them to hallucinate and suffer neural pain.

Extrasensory Perception (ESP) - Allows the psion to expand their senses, or even view areas they are not currently in. Masters of this ability can also use it to have limited precognition about 5 to 10 seconds into the future.

Physical Enhancement - Strengthens the user's body using psionic energy, making them physically stronger and even faster.

Cryokinesis - The ability to create and manipulate frozen substances, mainly water.

Animal Empathy - Specialized telepathy that allows blues to communicate with animals, terrestrial or otherwise.

Green

Biokinesis - The ability to control biological processes. This can be used to heal or cause pain, but not both. It can also be used to induce pleasure or biologically program others in addition to one of the other two prior, but not both of the latter two in conjunction.

Imbuing - The power to strengthen physical objects, making them harder and stronger. Can also be used to supercharge the power cores of armor or weaponry.

Psi Inspiration - The opposite of psi panic, psi inspiration can be used to strengthen the will of allies and remove panic. The former use strengthens other psionic abilities used afterwards.

Override - A difficult ability. The psion can detach their mind from their body, taking on a spirit form (often invisible) that they can use to possess targets.

Yellow

Teleimagery - The ability to create illusions. Some psions are able to do this by bending light, while others manipulate the perception of observers.

Telekinetic Field - The use of telekinetic force to stop incoming projectiles, often used as a psionic shield.

Electrokinesis - The ability to control electricity. It can also be used to control power sources like charge packs or generators of varied kinds, but this is much more difficult than basic electricity.

Orange

Telekinesis - Lifting objects with psionic force and manipulating them in this manner.

Psi Panic - If the target's will is overcome, the psion can make them panic, often by bringing up horrific memories or images.

Rift - A psychokinetic storm that lifts and damages anything in its path. A powerful ability, it initially manifests in a small and weak scope, but can be specialized to be concentrated like a tornado and extremely destructive, or wide but less destructive like a hurricane.

Blink - The power to teleport in a limited range. Doing so into walls or other areas the user could not be naturally, or not the whole body of the psion, would result in a likely horrible death.

Aerokinesis - The power to manipulate the air, moving gases, particularly oxygen.

DarkGemini24601

Should be good on blue unless someone thinks of a good ability, and then I can just make it another telepathy form. Need one more green and two yellows, though.

Edit: I'll give yellows shockwaves, so that's one.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Should be good on blue unless someone thinks of a good ability, and then I can just make it another telepathy form. Need one more green and two yellows, though.

Edit: I'll give yellows shockwaves, so that's one.
What if you give Yellows the ability to have something like reverse ESP, where they can target an enemy and essentially leave them blind or dull their senses for a brief period of time. You could call it Blackout or something.

DarkGemini24601

What if you give Yellows the ability to have something like reverse ESP, where they can target an enemy and essentially leave them blind or dull their senses for a brief period of time. You could call it Blackout or something.
You,,,you read my mind. I had a simiilar idea and that's what I was gonna make it.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Purple psionics will now be called violet psionics because it sounds cooler/better. Still the same thing.
Yeah, sorry if this throws anyone off, but... I don't know why, but calling someone a purple psion always sounded... silly to me. Not because I have anything wrong with purple. It's my second favorite color. Just... I think violet sounds better.

DarkGemini24601

Expect Pixy's outro for Albert, as well as mine for Atka, at some point during this weekend. Mine will probably be later Sunday. And if we have time, a little teaser of sorts for the next story, "Vanguard of Forseti".

Then I'll be gone on my vacation by Thursday. I'll have internet for the first few days at least for bio submissions and such, but I may be spotty once I'm actually in Europe since... they don't have t-mobile there. And hotel internet may not be free in some places.

Zain Shah

Expect Pixy's outro for Albert, as well as mine for Atka, at some point during this weekend. Mine will probably be later Sunday. And if we have time, a little teaser of sorts for the next story, "Vanguard of Forseti".

Then I'll be gone on my vacation by Thursday. I'll have internet for the first few days at least for bio submissions and such, but I may be spotty once I'm actually in Europe since... they don't have t-mobile there.
Where in Europe? The UK has T-Mobile but its called EE here.

Dahlexpert

Then I'll be gone on my vacation by Thursday. I'll have internet for the first few days at least for bio submissions and such, but I may be spotty once I'm actually in Europe since... they don't have t-mobile there. And hotel internet may not be free in some places.

Man,I wish I could go to Europe. But, I wen't to the Carbine and Florida. (Before the entire state went crazy)

Status
Not open for further replies.