Alien large scout

Medium priority

Mutons
thin men
floaters

Small scouts

Low priority
sectoid

please take this into consideration while on the field.

Sendind Email*******

Last edited:

Lethbridge_Gin

Name: Booker "Dewitt" Conan
Current Rank: Colonel
Mission : Sorting Out Paper Work

Office Of X-Com's Recruitment Training School Log:

Today i had to file 5 new rookies and get them to Squaddie Rank Code. i have on the list in the 4 Classes - 2 Assault, 2 Support & 1 Heavy Class but i have no ideas on what names go where in each class. I hope Commander Odd let me know as soon as possible. Give the new Rookies stranded info on rules and regulations, show the new Rookies what aliens they might see in the field and finally who is joining the head rank on each of the 4 Classes and i said i am the head of sniper class. that was that after the classes.

Secret File #1

Password Approved......

Edit Mode Active.......

Found out who kicked my table and my wall made my way to medical and found out on that day Zain Shah had a cut like that and i checked my laptop and found out Zain Shah looked on mine without me asking and later looking in into medical file that his sister was a victim of the terror mission a bit back and after finish seeing it i am planing to keep this off the record in a secret file and password locked. i Better keep an eye on him with all that pain in him hope he did not do the hard stuff if then i better snap him out of this he is a solider and we need him still....

LOGGING OFF.......

MTDregger

PERSONAL LOG:
ASSET: Kincaid, Thomas Eliot

ENTRY 01:

Is this thing recording? Check... check... alright, good.

So, I have to say, I'm rather impressed. Despite having spent the last couple weeks locked up in a quarantine cell whose lights were turned up somewhere between Third Degree Sunburn and Solar Apocalypse, what little glimpses I've gotten since being released have been... astounding, to say the least. The cost of keeping the facility powered alone must be comparable to the budget of a small nation. I wonder how deep underground this place is. When the doc finally hoisted me off my cozy little cot and hustled me out of quarantine, the first place they sent me was the elevator. Guessing just based on how long the lift took to get me where I was going... NORAD must be jealous.

Unfortunately, that's about where the happy news stops. I got off the elevator just in time to watch a tarp-covered stretcher hauling off humanity's latest casualty to the morgue. It's a stark reminder of what I really signed myself up for. Not that I expect I'll be seeing any battlefield time.

Nah. More likely than not, I'll probably just end up in the quartermaster's office or something knowing my luck. That's the downside of having a disciplinary hearing on your record. Nobody's real anxious to ever get you in the game and off the bench.

For now, I'm fine with that.

Less chance that I'll end up the one being carted off in a body bag, at least.

So yeah. There's that. Sorry to you boys up in medical. I know you love treating our private logs like some kind of psych eval. Right now, though, I'm still getting settled in. Maybe I'll have more to say once I get out of these DECON rags and settled into my quarters.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following is a collaboration between ZombieSplitter53 & AugurOfRuin

Jasmin comes knocking on Ayame's door somewhere around mid-day. "Ayame, are you in there? We need to talk"

Ayame comes to the door, a change of clothes in hand. "Of course, Jasmin, come in. Are you okay?"

"Well, yes, but something has been bothering me for a while. Mind if I come in?"

Ayame opens her door for Jasmin. As she enters, Ayame asks, "Is everything okay?"

"Well, remember when I spent the night next to you? Well, I wasn't exactly the first to wake up in the morning...I woke up just before you, but after the others had left. What if they saw me in your bed? I mean, WE know nothing happened, but what about them? The last thing I want is rumors going round the base of something in between us."

Ayame sits down, thinking. "Hmm...I was afraid of that. It probably did seem strange to see some woman they didn't know in my bed. Maybe they didn't notice."

"I think I was kinda hard to miss when I eventually fell asleep, I kinda was half sitting when I woke up."

"Oh...hmm...well, it was just two friends sharing the same bed, nothing...more. You're, um, not a lesbian by any chance, are you?"

"Umm, uhm that I cannot comment on. Living military life isn't exactly figuring out your love life. But as far as I know I only felt friendly comfort." [Jasmin's thoughts: "I think so a tleast]....it was just friendly comfort....right?"

"Y-yeah, of course. I'd never try to make a move on someone dealing with what you were going through. I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." Ayame tries to hide the fact that she's blushing.

"Oh, uhm, nonono, you didn't make me feel uncomfortable, that was a completely valid question. I don't mean to make you uncomfortable but, uhm, are you a lesbian?"

Ayame gives Jasmin a worried look, saying in a panicked tone, "I'm really sorry, Jasmin. I should have said something when you asked if you could sleep with me. But if I had, it would have just made it sound like I was perverted. I didn't do anything, I swear. I just didn't want you to have to be alone."

"Oh god, Ayame, no! I know you did nothing! I was up half the night, and I completely trust you! Don't talk like you'd have done something wrong, thanks to you, I at least got some sleep, without your help I would have probably been nerve wrecked even in the morning!"

Ayame lets out a deep breath. "That's a relief. I'm glad you're open minded. I'm sure a lot of people would have been upset."

"Your likings are none of my business. If you're a lesbian, then you are. I'm not one to judge based on your sexual likings. All I care is that you are a friend who supported me when I needed it." Jasmin gives a friendly smile to Ayame.

Ayame smiles back, saying, "Of course, I'm here for you. And as for my roommates, their really supportive themselves. If they say anything, all I have to tell them was you were a friend in need, and I was just helping you, and I'm sure they'll understand."

"Good that we got that clear."

Ayame walks over to Jasmin and grasps her hands, asking, "Are you really okay? Because I know I wouldn't be after I learned what you learned. I don't want you to talk about anything you find uncomfortable, but if you do need to talk about it, I'm here for you."

"I would want to talk about it currently Ayame, but I would describe my experience right now, what a teenager should have been going trough. I'm still clueless to what I like. I never got to experience anything a teenager should have, such as first crush. I'm still very much trying to figure it out myself, so until I know myself, I cannot make a comment on the subject. But all I can tell right now, is that sleeping with you most certainly did not bother me, even after this information."

"I'm glad to hear that. Um..." Ayame hesitates. "What about...the news about your father. Did you want to talk about it?"

"I haven't investigated the case any further, I know everything I need to know by now."

"Okay. Just let me know if their is anything I can do to help. I have some connections. Not a lot, but they're reliable."

"I'll make sure to let you know Ayame."

"Alright. I was about to hit the showers. Did you want to join me?"

"I could probably use the shower, Its been a couple of days since my last time."

"Alright, lets go."

"Lead the way."

The two exit the room, and make they're way to the showers. As they walk, Ayame asks, "So how are you getting along here? Make any friends besides me?"

"Sorta, I met Anna at lunch one time, I took some field training from Zain as he made himself a clown trying to make me panic out of hiding. I might be friends with John, depends on what his thoughts are on me after I had to beat some sense into him. I was supposed to move to Anja's quarters, that's still in the middle of it, haven't heard a thing from her. And then I met Aaron. I do believe that's all."

"Wait, go back a second. Why did you have to beat some sense into John? Did he do something to you?"

"We had a bit of a disagreement, but for now at least I'll keep it at that"

"Alright, just let me know if you need help. I don't have the cleanest past, some of the guys here are just plain dangerous."

Jasmin laughs. "Ayame, I was born and raised into military, I can handle my own with these guys."

Ayame laughs herself. "Yeah, your right. I'm the one who would probably need help."

"That is true, just remember to ask if you need any." Jasmin laughs again.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following is a collaboration between ZombieSplitter53 & Aaron Bryant

Dr. Faye looks at her clock and begins cleaning her mess. vacuming and straightening her papers. 2:45p.m. 15 min till Ms. Kasagi comes for her appointment I hope im presentable i hate being a mess in front of my patients. Dr. Faye lays down on her couch and breaths deeply. So much death do you really feel qualified to help these people when you can bearly hold on to your own sanity. God im talking to myself. 2:50p.m. To your desk NOW! Dr. Faye sits at her desk composes her self and stares at the door with a smile and waits.

Ayame knocks arrives, knocking on the door. "H-Hello? Ms...I mean, Dr. Faye."

"Come in Ms. Kasagi" Dr. Faye sizes up the young women noting petite, kindly look, and slight aprehension. "i know you have reservations about being here but i promise you i dont think there is a thing to be worried about." Dr. Faye jots down a few notes "How was your day?"

"It was okay," Ayame says, walking into the room. "A little depressing. I knew one of our recent loses, Axton Van Dam."

Dr. Faye has a moment where she shudders "Yes there has been quite a lot of that recently hasnt there" she sifts some papers around " how did it make you feel were you close to Mr. Van Dam?"

"Um, I don't know...weird? I didn't get along with him very well, but he had good intentions, and he relieved something important for me. It just felt strange losing him, what with me talking to him so soon before he died."

Dr. Faye look at her with deep concern "It was family related? that must have been very difficult."

"H-How did you...yes, it was about my sister." Ayame tries to hide her troubled look.

"Simply an educated guess Ms. Kasagi its my job to read people and understand them. What other relationships do you have around there base and how do they help or exhaust your life here on the base?" Dr. Faye grabs her note pad and gets ready to write.

"Well, I...I've had some issues on base. Its let up a bit over the last few months, but I still have to deal with people snickering and commenting on my size, and it didn't help when knowledge of my sexual orientation started getting out.

But...I have made some colleagues since coming here, several whom I consider my friend. There is Aaron and Stevie whom I've spent quite a bit of time training with, Zain who has taught me quite a few things, Jasmin, a new recruit whom I enjoy talking to, and of course my two best friends, Anna and Persephone.

"I noticed that upon entering the base there was a history of Androphobia would you say that you have gotten largely over this fear?" Dr. Faye quickly writes multiple notes all the while never looking away from Ayame.

Ayame thinks for a moment, and with a sad look, shakes her head. "No...I'm comfortable around men I know, b-but if I'm in a tight spot with one I don't, or stuck taking a shower with one, I-I still find myself afraid, like a shrew who was just cornered by a cat."

Dr. Faye smiles " Thats Ok its a hard thing to over come!" Dr. Faye pulls out a case files glosses over it and looks up smiling with Large soft green eyes. "Just as i suspected Ms. Kasagi your mind is fantastic! I see no reason to keep you here any longer." Dr. Faye looks at Ayame and feels a pang I wish I had people look at me like they look at her she is there mountain and she has no idea. "Do you have any questions before you go back to a fantastic day underground again then ask away!" Dr. Faye jots a few more notes down.

Ayame raises an eyebrow. "Um, no, but...are you okay, doctor. I didn't do anything wrong did I?"

Dr. Faye sighs "have you ever heard of the expression you gotta be crazy to work with crazy?"

"You don't seem crazy to me. I was worried coming in, but you've been nothing but accommodating. Did you need someone to talk to? I bet its hard listening to other people's problems without talking avout your own."

" Thank you i read in my report that your quite the moral officer around the base. I . . ." Dr. Faye shudders " There is just so much death, i used to work in an office for rich people whos biggest problems were there daughters whoring themselves around the school but this is just getting ridiculous" Dr. Faye immediatly composes herself. "Im very sorry you saw that just now im going to have to ask you to leave Ms. Kasagi."

"S-Sure, okay. Just let know if you need anything. Even a doctorneeds a doctor sometimes." Ayame gives an encouraging smile and takes her leave.

As the door closes Dr. Faye whispers "thank you, you beautiful soul" and cryies softly.

Cheesypower

Name: Big Farmer

Current Rank: Lieutenant
Kills since joining XCOM: 10
Total Missions: 7

Been a while since I've written one of these. Been a while since I've just... sat down and... thought about it all. Ever since our promotions, Daniel and I have been training pretty constantly, trying to make sure we're ready when the commander calls on us. I almost feel bad for Oudwater; he's been working just as hard as me, yet I've been the one getting all the time on the field. Then again, maybe that makes him the lucky one.

I admit, I was a bit shaken up when we left for the Battleship. The warning had been sent out that engineering was going to be running some tests that would be "disruptive." Even so, the sudden addition of a ten-foot hole in the bunkroom floor was still... disconcerting. Whatever they were working on, I hope they start pointing it towards the aliens and not us soldiers. On top of that, the Battleship was still airborne when we landed on it. We'd done training that simulated firing from a boat, but the rocking still threw me off enough that I missed some pretty critical shots. Vash ended up paying for it.

Vash. Rex Rumbler. Joel Freeman. Axton Van Dam. ...Colin Weger... Damn, that one hurt. Colin wasn't one of my kids, he was my friend. Kids come and go, but friends... guys you just... click with them... *Sigh* It's one thing when you're job's making sure they have a place to come back to, but when the job is making sure they come back, it really starts to hurt. Guess it started to show; people 'round the base have started calling me "Emo." Never to my face, though. It's amusing when they turn around and I'm right there looming over them. Zhang's even scolded me about scaring the new recruits: I'm a freakin' seven-foot giant. I can't really turn that off.

Zhang... dang, that guy's a tough one. Some mix-up in Supplies resulted in him heading to the battleship without his carapace armor or gatling laser. The guy still kicked alien butt and took out most of the power nodes on the ship. Speaking of screw-ups with Supplies...

I found one of the standard-issue pistols hidden in my belt today. Thing is, I don't even remember grabbing it in the first place. Guess old instincts die hard, especially the ones that have saved your life before. I managed to return it before anyone realized it was missing, but... *sigh* this isn't the first time this has happened since I've been here. ...If anything, it's happening more and more.

...I think I'll write that letter to the commander I've been putting off.

--------------

To: Commander Odd
Subject: hearing protection and recommendations

Due to the loud nature of the sniper rifle and laser sniper rifle, I would like to requisition some hearing protection for myself in the form of headphones or other similar means of hearing protection, in order to better communicate with the squad and protect my personal health. Also, I would like to recommend allowing Squaddie Daniel Oudwater for deployment, as his constant training and studying have, in my opinion, deemed him deserving of fieldwork.

regards,
Lt. Big Farmer

Zain Shah

XCOM Cafeteria
0900 hours

Everyone in the cafeteria are "enjoying" their breakfast when suddenly feedback starts to come from the speakers; the feedback is replaced with a gruff, Polish accent "Hello XCOM soldiers, My name is Tytus Abramczyk. I have been selected to train you weak, feeble soldiers into somewhat strong individuals. I will be requesting... No, telling you to book an appointment with me so that I know how weak you are." Tytus' voice was intimidating yet still arrogant.

A few seconds later, an extremely bulky, 7 ft man walks through into the cafeteria; he takes a look at all of the soldiers and his face fills with disgust. "Hey, you" his voice boomed through the entire base, his finger pointed at Zain "You're first, be at the gym in 5." Tytus walks away slowly, Zain quickly throws the rest of his breakfast in the bin and follows Tytus to the gym; while he is doing so, all eyes are on him and the room goes silent until he leaves the cafeteria. When he reaches the gym, he finds Tytus has no equipment set up but he learns that the appointment is a fight with Tytus.

Tytus, upon seeing Zain, charges towards him however Zain manages to dive out of the way; Zain stands back as Tytus recovers from his charge. Zain throws the next punch into Tytus' guts, unfortunately Tytus doesn't react to it as if it didn't hurt; Tytus knocks Zain of his feet by swiping his leg and taking out both of Zain's legs. While on the floor, Zain tries to crawl away but Tytus puts his foot on Zain's back and puts pressure on it, Zain starts clenches his teeth in pain and starts repeatedly shouting "f*ck" and soon he manages to get Tytus' foot off his back and manages to stand back up. Zain starts rapidly punching Tytus' stomach until he starts gasping for breath, Tytus takes this opportunity to put all his strength into one punch; as Tytus swings his fist and hits Zain's ribs, Zain flies a few feet before crashing onto the floor shouting "aaahhh."

Tytus shouts "Accept defeat?" Zain replies with "Go f*ck yourself." Zain follows this statement up with an uppercut that hits Tytus' lower jaw but again Zain's efforts are in vain as Tytus does not seem even a little bit dazed; Tytus swings his right fist, hitting Zain's face then does a full turn and during that full turn, he hits Zain's eye with his elbow and finishes by using the momentum from the turn for a final punch at Zain's head. Zain accepts defeat and Tytus walks off without saying a word.

Zain doesn't bother going into the showers and goes straight to his room where he spends the rest of the day.

MTDregger

PERSONAL LOG:
ASSET: Kincaid, Thomas Eliot

ENTRY 02:

I ran into a familiar face, today. Lauren Yates.

I was just sitting in the cafeteria when she wandered in, grinning like a fiend. I guess she remembered me from the flight in, because she walked right over like we were old chums and helped herself to a seat across from me. For the most part, I'd been told the military personnel, science team, and engineering staff all ran in different circles. Not that I'm complaining that we crossed paths again or anything.

We had a nice long conversation about the mechanical issues going on around the base. Between excavating sites for new facilities to overloaded power-grids, my impression of the XCOM headquarters has swung away from initial awe at the remarkably advanced nature of the place to mild concern. It's obvious the base was put on high alert before it was ready to be fully activated. Is the extraterrestrial threat really so great that they couldn't afford to spend a few months more finishing construction of the place first?

I guess that's a stupid question, given the number of names and photos plastered on the memorial in the barracks.

And yet I can't help but wonder. How many casualties has this war actually taken? How many lives have been snuffed out by this menace from the stars? I remember checking the news, only to hear about another mysterious terrorist attack here... conspiracies involving government cover-ups there. I can't shake the feeling that the names on that wall only just begin to scratch the surface of the true depth of destruction wrought by this war.

For what it's worth, I'll stay here and do my part. With any luck, we won't ever lose enough men that I have to find my answers first-hand.

That's enough for now. I've got an appointment with someone in the administrative offices regarding assignment.

P.S:

Called it. Someone down in the armory screwed up loading gear onto the Skyranger. They want an extra set of eyes down there, just to make sure it doesn't happen again.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Central China
Nationality: Chinese/Japanese
Height: 150 cm (4 ft, 11in)
Weight: 42 kg (94.5 lbs)
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: To the small of her back
Eye Color: Heterochromia (One Dark Brown, One Hazel)
Known Relatives: None (All Deceased) [Update: One possible]
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: None

Audio Log:

"As I sit here, attempting to keep up on my logs, I shudder in anticipation for my soon-to-be new position. After our recent loses, the Commander ordered a training exercise to find the most fit soldiers, and he picked the five he was the most impressed with. I'm not sure exactly how he picked, I did pretty well, but I'm sure I wasn't in the top five, but whatever. I'm worried about Anna being chosen as well, but at least we got in at the same time, so we can watch each other's backs. I wonder what position I'm in. If I could chose, which I know I can't, so I'm not even going to try, but if I could chose, I'd either want to be at the front of the lines as a support, or in the back of the lines as a sniper.

I had a talk with Jasmin, easing her mind over the whole her-sleeping-in-my-bed thing. I let her know I'd explain everything to Anna and Persephone, but...um, now that I think about it, what would I say. Anna is so understanding, and she's given me the go ahead, but Persephone? She told me we might have something, and suddenly she sees another woman sharing my bed. I can only imagine what she was thinking. I know what I'd be thinking."

Ayame lifts a small picture. "Before he died, Axton said I should look into my sister. He said after everything I've gone through, I deserve to have something good. I'm still unsure, but I did make a promise. It's just too bad I can't leave the base now that I'm an officer. If only I..."

Anna walks in. "Hey Ayame, am I interrupting anything?"

"Of course not," Ayame answers with a smile.

"Who's that?" Anna asks, pointing at a picture.

"Hm? Oh, supposedly its my sister. Pretty silly, huh?"

Anna examines the photo, and says, "Ayame, um...we need to talk." Ayame gives her a worried look, and turns off the camera.

Last edited:
The following is a collaboration between AugurOfRuin & Zain Shah

Jasmin walks into the affirmary, straight to Zane. "How are you doing zane? You got shot on that mission, I heard of it a bit late."

Zain: "Which one? I nearly got killed on both missions." Zain spoke in a gentle voice yet you could tell he was still furious.

Jasmin: "I don't know, I didn't take my time to find out missions. I just heard you got shot and came here as soon as I heard. Good thing you didn't get killed, would have sucked if the clown who tried to give me field training would have died" Jasmin laughs as she makes a mean grin at her sarcastic humor towards zain.

"Haha" Zain mocks Jasmin. "I guess these missions are a sign that I'm reaching the end of my XCOM experience." Zain gives a big sigh.

Jasmin: "Lets hope not, I don't want to lose the only clown I know from this base" Jasmin again smirks mockingly towards zain.

Zain ignores her response "So have you found out which room you're in? There aren't many women around base and I don't think you would feel comfortable in a room with men."

Jasmin: "Its still a bit unclear, Captain Anja was SUPPOSED TO take me to her dorms, but she said "I'l take care of it" and nothing was heard of her ever since. Ayames room is full, I can't fit in there. Currenlty I'm just reciding at a "movers room" as I'd describe it. Its a room made for when the other dorms are full, untill they can get you somewhere you live at."

Zain:"Wow, must be lonely in there by yourself but my room is not the party room either, Booker is usually doing office stuff and going on missions so I'm pretty much alone in my room as well."

Jasmin: "You get used to being lonely when you live your entire life without any contact with people you could call "friends." The only people I knew where my squaddies, and even our communications were limited to giving commands and advice to each other. Thats about it."

Zain: "That life must have been hard." Zain contemplates for a moment "My life was pretty much normal but I never thought XCOM would have me over people like you who have spent years in the military yet all I do is kill animals."

Jasmin: "Well lets just say that I never got to experience any of the normal teenager stuff. Remember the jarring lectures from your parents about your sexuality and its ok being gay etc. Well I never got those. I spent pretty much my entire life either sleeping on my bed or then hanging out in a millitary base."

Zain: "I had a religious upbringing so my sexuality was never questioned and my parents were against gays." Zain realizes what she said "Wait, are you?...you know..."

Jasmin: "I don't know Zain. Like I said, I never got to experience basic teenager stuff, such as first crush. I've never had anyone to really have a crush on, thats not something you really are able to do under russian millitary. My sexual likings are still unclear to me."

Zain: "I was just wondering because rumours around base are that you slept with Ayame one night."

Jasmin: " WAIT WHAT? FUCK, THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG." Jasmin takes a deep breath. "That was when my life absolutely collapsed, I won't go telling what happened, sorry zain but the less people know the better. All I can really tell is that Ayame gave me friendly support when my life was allmost over in my eyes. But nothing happened besides us sharing the bed."

Zain: "Don't worry, I'll try to stop the rumour from spreading." Zain gives her a smile and pats her on the shoulder. "And besides, what's wrong even if you did?"

Jasmin: "Just at this state of my life, the last thing I want is things like that being spoken. I don't care what kind of life state, thats not information I want the public to know."

Zain: "I can imagine, we always singled out gay guys in school but I guess you understand it better when you get older."

Jasmin: "Can we just change the subject? Talking about something I got no clue of makes me uncomfortable."

Zain: "So, have you seen that new 7 ft guy, I hear he's not even a soldier."

Jasmin: "Who? I haven't seen him"

Zain: "I think XCOM hired him for something, but he doesn't seem like a jolly lad if you know what I mean."

Jasmin: "If he's not too jolly then I could care less for him."

"But I'm sure we'll have to meet him at some point." A doctor gives Zain a signal "I think you need to leave now."

Jasmin looks at the doctor. "Ah cmon doc, can't I stay for a bit longer?"

The doctor still remains silent and puts five fingers up.

Jasmin: "5 minutes? I'l take it. Thanks doc."

Zain: "Have you made any friends yet at XCOM? I'm guessing not too many because like you said, you never really had many friends."

Jasmin: "Well that kinda depends on how do you define "Friend". Ayame I guess I can count as a friend, John and I are in a mutual agreement after a little fight, I've kinda gotten to know Anna, had a hat with Aaron and then there's you, clown."

Zain: "Are you that guy who he got in a fight with?"

Jasmin: "Yes, he came asking for it and ended up getting himself beaten by a woman."

Zain: "Don't do that, you two might be fighting each other but you are fighting this war together so don't let petty arguments come between you and your squad-mates."

Jasmin: "Its not like I was the one coming my fists up. I was at the firing range in all peace, he came his fists up telling me to get the hell out or fight him. We had our fight, and came into a mutual agreement."

The doctor gives Zain the same signal but this time the doctor seems annoyed "I have to um... go and get some medical stuff done."

Jasmin: "Allright, just don't hurt yourself roud here okay? Take your time in recovering." Jasmin waves at zain and walks out of the pharmacy.

Jasmin Lebed Private video log number 4

"I cannot describe my feelings currently, everything feels like a mess. I could swear I just had my first crush but the problem is I don't know on who!?! Too many names in my mind, so many different thoughts of each one of them. I guess this is what you are supposed to go trough when your a teenager, huh. I feel sorry for everyone who did go trough this. Man I don't know, I need some way of clearing up my thoughts but how? Its not like I just go take a trip outside to catch some fresh air. Firing range? No, shooting when my focus is this unbalanced would just lead into me accidently shooting someone in the foot. The gym? I really don't feel like going for a jog right now. Showers? Too public. FUCK, It really feels so hard to go trough this when you have never experienced anything like this. I'm just a mess. I don't even dare talk to anyone about this, I don't know who, if anyone has gone trough this shit." Jasmin just makes a deep sigh. "Bloody hell, I'l have to figure something out... Jasmin Lebed signing out."

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
Name: Big Farmer

Current Rank: Lieutenant
Kills since joining XCOM: 10
Total Missions: 7

Been a while since I've written one of these. Been a while since I've just... sat down and... thought about it all. Ever since our promotions, Daniel and I have been training pretty constantly, trying to make sure we're ready when the commander calls on us. I almost feel bad for Oudwater; he's been working just as hard as me, yet I've been the one getting all the time on the field. Then again, maybe that makes him the lucky one.

I admit, I was a bit shaken up when we left for the Battleship. The warning had been sent out that engineering was going to be running some tests that would be "disruptive." Even so, the sudden addition of a ten-foot hole in the bunkroom floor was still... disconcerting. Whatever they were working on, I hope they start pointing it towards the aliens and not us soldiers. On top of that, the Battleship was still airborne when we landed on it. We'd done training that simulated firing from a boat, but the rocking still threw me off enough that I missed some pretty critical shots. Vash ended up paying for it.

Vash. Rex Rumbler. Joel Freeman. Axton Van Dam. ...Colin Weger... Damn, that one hurt. Colin wasn't one of my kids, he was my friend. Kids come and go, but friends... guys you just... click with them... *Sigh* It's one thing when you're job's making sure they have a place to come back to, but when the job is making sure they come back, it really starts to hurt. Guess it started to show; people 'round the base have started calling me "Emo." Never to my face, though. It's amusing when they turn around and I'm right there looming over them. Zhang's even scolded me about scaring the new recruits: I'm a freakin' seven-foot giant. I can't really turn that off.

Zhang... dang, that guy's a tough one. Some mix-up in Supplies resulted in him heading to the battleship without his carapace armor or gatling laser. The guy still kicked alien butt and took out most of the power nodes on the ship. Speaking of screw-ups with Supplies...

I found one of the standard-issue pistols hidden in my belt today. Thing is, I don't even remember grabbing it in the first place. Guess old instincts die hard, especially the ones that have saved your life before. I managed to return it before anyone realized it was missing, but... *sigh* this isn't the first time this has happened since I've been here. ...If anything, it's happening more and more.

...I think I'll write that letter to the commander I've been putting off.

--------------

To: Commander Odd
Subject: hearing protection and recommendations

Due to the loud nature of the sniper rifle and laser sniper rifle, I would like to requisition some hearing protection for myself in the form of headphones or other similar means of hearing protection, in order to better communicate with the squad and protect my personal health. Also, I would like to recommend allowing Squaddie Daniel Oudwater for deployment, as his constant training and studying have, in my opinion, deemed him deserving of fieldwork.

regards,
Lt. Big Farmer

I'll see what I can do.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following is a collaboration between AaronBryant, Jhon Markith, & ZombieSplitter53

Aaron is setting up a table in the middle of his room. He grabs a few small glasses, his whiskey, and a deck of cards, and says a quick prayer that he does not make a complete ass of himself, and turns to Stevie. "Hey Stevie, you know how to play poker, yeah?" He says with his friendliest grin.

"Black Jack, that's it."

"My lord. I'll teach you and Ayame, i suppose. I hope Jessica knows better than you two. I need some competition tonight!" Aaron finishes setting up the table, grabs some chips, and says, "How much do you wanna lose tonight?"

Stevie chuckholes. ""Well, I don't intend to lose, but if I am going to lose something, in all honesty, I'm BROKE."

Jessica walks in, dragging Ayame by the arm. "Hey guys, we bumped into each other on the way here. Ayame was having second thoughts, but I can be pretty persuasive. So what are we playing tonight?" The two take their seats, Jessica with a broad grin, Ayame's smile more timid.

Aaron swallows hard and feels a shiver down his spine. "Hey Jessica, we're playing poker. Cool shirt, I like AC/DC too. Do you have 5 dollars, Stevie? We're not gotta bet a lot. Jessica, please tell me you know how to play!?" Aaron turns to Ayame. "I'm really glad you came. i know it must be uncomfortable in the man cave, but you're safe here." He smiles as sweet as a Georgia peach.

Ayame nods, and Jessica wraps her arm around Ayame, saying, "Don't worry about her, she'll be fine. As for me, I had four big, burly, beer-chugging brothers, so if I didn't learn how to play poker and hold my liquor, I never have been able to relate to them."

Aaron takes out the chips, pours four shots of whiskey, and pulls out five dollars. "Green chips are a nickel, blue is a dime, red is a quarter, and white's a dollar." Aaron takes his shot. "We are gonna play Texas holdem'. I deal each player two cards blind, then there are the starting bets to make sure there is something in the pot every time. We each bet in turn calling, or putting down the same amount, raising, or checking which means to pass if no one else has made a bet. After the first round of betting, the flop comes, the flop is three cards drawn from the deck, then another round of betting comes about, after this is the turn which is another card, another round of betting, and finally the river after this round of betting all players reveal their cards and the one with the best hand wins. There are pairs, two separate pairs, trips, a straight which is numbers in order i.e. 23456 ,flush which is all matching suits, full house which is three of a kind and a pair, four of a kind which is four of the same number, and straight flush which is subsequent numbers and also matching suits. This is also the order from least to greatest hand, you can use any card on the table in conjunction with your own hand to make the best hand possible. Did i miss anything Jessica?" Aaron pours another shot and takes it, a little exhausted.

"Nope that sounds good." Jessica smiles, taking a shot. "You sound like a Vegas professional. Are aces high or low."

"What does that mean?" Ayame asks.

Jessica gives her a sweet look. "It means are aces the lowest card in the game, or the best. You drinking, honey?" Ayame shakes her head, and Jessica takes another shot.

"They go both waysh!" Aaron deals out the first hand. He pours himself another shot. "Number four down the drain! Stevie I gotta ask, what's combat with those aliens like?"

Stevie glances at his cards. "After this can we play a game I know, like black jack or lair's dice?" Something I can win at?"

"Shure, but seriously, whats it like fighting an entity we don't truly undershtand?" Aaron asks slightly slurred, taking another shot. He closes his eyes and hums lightly.

"Its simply hell, that's it. If you are not worried about seeing a new creature, then you're worried about losing another soldier or just another friend, like Axton."

"Were you guys close?" Jessica asks, glancing at her cards and throwing in two blue chips. Ayame mimics her.

"We might not have been brothers at heart, but you could say we were pretty close."

"NOO..." Aaron looks a little forlorn. "But i was hoping to get there with him and i didn't get along too well after... any way its not important and i dont wanna talk about the past right now." He takes another shot and looks at his card, and puts in two whites. He turns to Jessica " Call meh On it lady I dare youuuuuu" he starts humming Hotel California.

Jessica glances at her cards again, and sees Aaron's bet with a smile, taking another shot. Ayame does the same, and asks, "I can put in more, right? How much do I put in if I have a straight with all the cards with people on them?" Jessica scoffs and folds.

"HAHAHAHA" Aaron falls off his chair, popping back up a moment later. "yea i fold to. Mizz Jezzica youve habbend to see through my buff" He pours her a shot. "youve got good eyes pretty to!." Aaron turns to Stevie " Stevie doesnt she have pretty eyes?" Not waiting for an answer, Aaron shouts "IM kinda jealous u lucky basterd you were able to get to the field before me as a C.O. i dont get it sir" Aaron puts up a swift sloppy salute. Aaron pushes the money to Ayame. "You should get your lady friends some stuff, Ayame, cause u apperantly have every soldier of female persuasion in this base on lockdown! u get any tail yet you sly lil thing you!" Aaron hums unintelligbly.

"Oh, I didn't know you swung that way." Jessica smiles, gently taping Ayame with her elbow.

"That's because I didn't want everybody on base to know," Ayame mumbles angrily, staring daggers at Aaron.

"Good going man. By the way, how did you know?" Stevie whispers in Aaron's ear. "I mean, I had my suspicions, but how did you know for sure."

"AYAME, IM SO SORRY" Aaron smacks his head down on the table "Oh, and i jusht observed my surrondings its hard not to understand pooplesh when you watchem for like some time but yea u kinda have like a lil harem thing going hehehe" Aaron grins stupidly " I like your style, Madame Kasagi!"

Ayame growls lightly, and Jessica laughs, saying, "Now you're just saying that because she is attracted to women. But don't worry." She gives a seductive look. "I'm still available. Of course, you'll need to learn to hold your liquor better if you want a shot."

Aaron looks at Ayame and back at Jessica, then back to Ayame "Aweshhome!" Aaron goes to his bed, roots around a bit, and looks through his bible. "You know back at my training camp they used to make fun of me for being so into god and all, that they called me paladin in an insulting tone but now that i think about it. . . Albiet in a very drunken state of . . . Hic! Mind i like it" Aaron takes another shot. "I think i lost count now Ha" Aaron turns to Jessica and gives her a half cockeyed look " mademoislle Chambers has any one told you and forgive me for being so bold, Your a rather Ridiculously Attractive women whosh gorgeoush raven black hair that would make the blacknessh of the . . Hic night shky be shamed by you." Aaron's inner self is now shouting at him YOU DRUNK IDIOT BASTARD TO FAR TO FAST! his face is still drunkenly happy as he is ignoring it.

Ayame glances at Jessica, expecting her to be pissed. Instead, Jessica laughs loudly, "Thanks. Your not that bad yourself. " She takes another shot.

Aaron's inner voice goes YES U STUPID IDIOT! GOOD JOB I LOVE YOU. Aaron bows slightly " I think i got maybe like one more shot in me before i get bad" Aaron takes three. "whoopsh ima naughdy boy Stevie! if you could have any nick name in the world what would it be? and Whhhhhhhhy?" Aaron puts his chin on the table and looks at him.

Stevie scoffs. "No offense, but you are beyond drunk at this point, and if I tell you it'll be a blur in the morn. Then again, I've been the myself before."

"YEA and you shir are not nearly drunk enough hence why im shooo drunk myself!" Aaron looks at his cards and scrunches his face up, wiggling his nose " I GOT NOTHING and Ayame stole my money beginners luck! na im just bein a sour puss u didnt play hat bad Ayame." Aaron pets the almost empty bottle of whiskey and says "thanksh whicekey your the best" Aaron gets bug-eyed then smacks himself "Ayame u ably ta ge back to your bunksh allright? if not i could drunkenly stumble your tiny asian self back there HA see what I did their i didnt shay walk!"

Ayame's nostrils flare. "What...What did you..."

Jessica lets out a nervous chuckle, grasping Ayame's shoulders and saying, "D-Don't worry, Aaron, I'll take care of her. Come on, Ayame. Goodnight Stevie."

Ayame stands up, saying, "Goodnight, Stevie," while keeping her angry stare at Aaron. The two ladies leave, Jessica mumbling something to Ayame as they go.

Aaron stumbles to the Door " Goodbye ladys Ayame and Jessica DONT STAY TOOO MAD!" Aaron closes the door behind him " Stevie Jessh ish to pretty ima fraid i likes her" Aaron lays his head down looking at stevie as though imploring for advice. "Ohh and im also afraid of Ayame now" Aaron bites the table " She looked mad, also kinda swirly but mostly mad".

Stevie shrugs. "Well, you're drunk, they left, I guess I could join you in the Drunkard's land."

"YAY I ENJOY COMPANY DRUNK COMPANY." Aaron hands Stevie whats left of the bottle "Drink it allsh im pretty damn drunk and your need all the help you kin get!" Aaron smiles widely.

"Well, there isn't exactly much."

Aaron stares hard at the bottle looks at Stevie and utters " But Alcohol" and hold the bottle out "Do u know wheresh we can get more?"

"Not without getting into that too much trouble, unless you can stay normal, or at least act sober."

Aaron stands up striaght and begins speaking in a not to shabby cockny accent "Aye aye Sir . . . Hic" Aaron looks as though he is concentrating intensly.

"I think that might do"

Aaron blindly follows Stevie holding himself upright.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Project X-COM Soldier Barracks
Room of Brown, Kasagi, & Stone

Ayame enters the room, Jessica following behind. She stumbles a bit as she enters. She is about to wish Ayame a good night, but notices Ayame angrily clenching her fists. Jessica places her hands on her shoulders, asking, "Are you okay, honey? You seem (hick) a bit put off."

Ayame speaks through clenched teeth, saying, "He humiliated me! He talked down to me, made fun of me, and revealed something really important! In front of other people!"

"Alright, honey, calm down. Come here." Jessica leads Ayame over to the bed.

Ayame sits down, but continues to fume. "He's supposed to be my friend! How can he do that?!"

Jessica sways slightly, talking slowly so she doesn't slur her words. "Aaron didn't mean it, dear. He was drunk. Men do stupid things when they're drunk, especially ones that dont...don't know dear limit."

"I don't care!" Ayame shudders. "Anna was so right about alcohol! And I know personally how honest people are when they're drunk! How dare he act like I can't find my way back to my own room, like I'm a child! How dare he mock my height! How dare he tell you guys about my sexuality, THEN IMPLY MY BEST FRIENDS ARE PART OF A HAREM! I SHOULD HAVE PUT HIS HEAD THROUGH THE WALL!!!"

Jessica smiles. "You must have always had some pretty good friends to never have one who did something stupid to piss you off."

"What do you mean?" Ayame asks, softening her tone.

"People do stupid things when they're drunk. Trust me, if he remembers tonight, he's gonna feel sorry."

"Oh, he'll feel sorry, alright. Trust me." Ayame gives a slight grin.

Jessica pats Ayame's shoulder, saying, "Okay then, just don't let it trouble you any more tonight. Do um...do you want me to do anything to make you feel better?" She gives Ayame a suggestive look.

Ayame gives a curious look. "Like what?"

Jessica leans over and plants her lips on Ayame's. She holds there for several seconds, gently stroking Ayame's cheek, before finally pulling away, a small trail of saliva between them. "Like that."

Ayame looks away, blushing. "I, uh...I-I-I th-thought...thought you told Aaron...you were straight?"

Jessica giggles. "I am. But like I always say, I'm always willing to try anything once. So how about it?"

Ayame gives her a nervous smile. "That's very tempting, and I appreciate it...but I'm kind of holding out for...someone else. Sorry."

Jessica continues to smile. "Don't be. This person must be very special to you."

"Yes," Ayame says with a bright smile. "She is very, very special. I...I enjoy every moment of time I spend with her, and I think about her when she isn't around. I...I love her, and even though we aren't in the best situation right now with this war, I'll wait as long as need to for her."

Jessica gives her a reassuring smile. "Well, at least I eased you mind, or at the very least distracted you, right?" Ayame nods, and Jessica woozily stands up, "Okay then, I better go sober up. I've got work in the morning."

"Are you going to be okay getting to your room?" Ayame asks.

"Don't worry about me. I'm tougher then I look. Goodnight, sweetie. And make sure you keep your special friend happy. Never...never betray her."

"Alright. Good night, and...thank you."

Jessica nods, and takes her leave. Ayame walks over to Persephone's bed and lays down, unintentionally falling asleep after a few minutes.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The following is a collaboration between Sharkdragon96 & ZombieSplitter53

Project X-COM Co-Ed showers.
2200 Hours

Ayame enters the showers. She takes a quick look to make sure she's alone, and starts to undress. After spending some time clearing her head at the gym, Persephone walks in, hoping to shower off, but quickly takes a step back and averts her eyes when she sees Ayame getting undressed. "Oh god! Sorry!"

"Sorry? For what?" Ayame gives her a confused look, then looks down at her body. She frowns, giving a disappointed sigh. "Oh, I see."

"Wait...what?" Persephone looks confused. She briefly opens her eyes and looks at Ayame. "Oh...I didn't mean it that way, I just...I just...I don't know, I didn't want to invade your privacy, that's all."

"Oh I see." Ayame chuckles. "I forgot you American women don't bathe together very often."

Persephone sighs. "Yeah, you know what. I'm just going to see if the if there are any shower stalls that happen to be vacant." She says a bit more hastily then she intended.

"Are you sure," Ayame says in disappointment. Then, realizing her tone could be taken the wrong way, she adds, "I-I promise I won't look...not that I think you don't have anything to look at, I-I just think, you know, you're here, and we could watch each other's backs...nonono, I don't mean literally, I mean in case some guys come in!"

"I...Uh..." Persephone stops and hesitates for a moment. Feeling dumb that she hadn't put that last part into consideration. She gives a disgruntled sigh. "Sure!" Persephone walks back in and starts to undress. Occasionally looking over her shoulder long enough to make sure Ayame isn't watching.

Ayame keeps her word, finishing disrobing without glancing at Persephone. Over her shoulder, she says, "I'm gonna start. Join me when you're ready." She walks into the showers and turns on the water.

Persephone finishes undressing and follows her into the showers. She calms down a little bit as she steps into the refreshingly cold water, but tries to hurry along with cleaning up. A sense of discomfort that had been on her mind all day starts gnawing at her again. Not being able to take it anymore, she finally asks Ayame, "So... Did you...uh...get a chance meet that new recruit that just recently arrived?"

Ayame drops her bottle of shampoo. She quickly bends over to pick it up, saying, "Y-Yeah, I did. Her name is Jasmin. She's, um...really nice. You'd probably like her."

"So I've been told." Persephone instinctively raises an eyebrow.

Ayame sighs. "Look, Persephone, I'm not going to insult you by pretending I have nothing to explain. I'm sure you're wondering why you found a woman I couldn't have known for more then a week in my bed the other day, right?"

Persephone sighs. "I don't want to be invasive, I just don't want to think you're the kind of person who would... You know, feel unsatisfied with me for not getting some kind of guaranteed answer."

"Nonono!" Ayame shouts, resisting the urge to turn to her. "It wasn't like that, I swear. Something really bad happened to her, that's all! She just...didn't want to be alone."

Persephone stops for a few moments realizing how stupid she felt. "Shit!" She thinks back to what Ayame had done for her, the night she'd told her what really happened to Rose. "God! I'm so sorry!"

"It's okay. It's my fault, really. I should have said something to you, instead of making you worry. I'm so sorry. You have every right to think what you thought."

"No I don't! I told you you shouldn't be ashamed of who you are, and made a bad assumption about you based on your sexuality, I'm the only one to blame!"

"I don't deserve your apology. I was stupid for not saying something right away, and a coward for not coming straight to you afterwards." Ayame instinctively turns towards Persephone. "But I swear I'm not like that! I don't sleep around. I've only done it with one other person, and when I do it again, I want it to be with..." Ayame gasps, throwing her hands over her mouth and going wide-eyed. With a panicked look, she runs into the locker room, desperately throwing her cloths on over her soaked body.

Persephone turns around just in time to see her leave. "Ayame?" She hastily grabs her clothes and runs after Ayame.

"So stupid, just so stupid." Ayame rapidly gets dressed as she mutters to herself. "Out myself to Anna, share a bed with Jasmin, now I blurt out the most embarrassing thing I can to the the last person I'd want to embarrass myself with. Like some slutty, horny little bitch. Sososo stupid, I'm so stupid."

Persephone catches up to her in the locker room outside the showers. "Ayame, wait!" Ayame turns around. Persephone, sheepishly realizing she's only half clothed, flushes with embarrassment and quickly covers herself up. "Ayame, calm down for a second. I'm not going to yell at you I just want to talk."

Ayame gives her a sad look, but stops. She grabs a towel and hands it to Persephone. "I'm so sorry Persephone. I shouldn't have said that, it was so stupid. I..I just...ruin everything." She sits on the bench, placing her face in her hands.

Persephone takes a seat next to Ayame. "Look, you haven't ruined anything. Do you honestly think I don't know how you feel right now?"

"I know. I just...didn't want to be so forward about it." Ayame sits in silence for a several moments before saying, "Look Persephone, I...I know you don't want to hear this, especially with me being added to the roster, and I know I'm ...I-I'm being selfish, b-but..." Ayame looks into Persephone's eyes. "I love you, Persephone. I'd never be able to forgive myself, in this life or the next, if I never told you that. I love you. With all my heart."

Persephone puts an arm around her. "You're not being selfish. What you're feeling right now is completely normal for anyone in your situation." She gives her a kiss on the cheek. "I love you too, Ayame, don't doubt that for a millisecond, but...Well, you're lucky your first experience went as smoothly as it did." Persephone pauses for a moment to recollect on something. "Don't worry, it's not like he wanted to hurt me, things just got out of hand."

"What...what happened? You can tell me."

Persephone sighs. "Well... "he" is a bit inaccurate. I met him during military school. I was probably the only friend he had there. I thought that...well, since he didn't identify himself as male I thought I would feel more comfortable around him. We were actually going out for quite a while and one night we thought we'd try taking our relationship to the next level and I...I just panicked."

"Panicked? So you changed your mind? Did he...d-did he..." Ayame can't bring herself to finish the question.

"No...Not really at least. As soon as I screamed at him to stop, he did so. We never talked again after that night. Eventually the bullying started getting worse, to the point where he had considered dropping out. Then one day he was just...gone."

"I'm sorry. That sounds like a bad experience, something that would make you hesitate." Ayame gives her a look of understanding. "But I'd be different. Even...even if you never wanted me to touch you that way...even if you never wanted me to touch you at all, I would understand. I'll never leave you, and I will never betray you. I would give my life for you, I just want you to understand how I feel. I'm not infatuated, I don't have a crush. I love you, and i want you and only you."

Persephone gives a concerned look that turns into a faint smile. "I'll tell you what. How about for tonight, we just sleep in the same bunk together. You know, like what you did with Jasmine."

Ayame gives a surprised look. "R-Really. I...you w-want...no, no, I can't force you to do anything you aren't comfortable with, it...i-it would...undermine...really?"

"I don't mind. I mean what's the harm in just sleeping together?"

"You're not afraid of what people might say if it gets out? Because I wouldn't want to hurt your reputation for my sake."

"Who's going to notice? Anna seems to be pretty comfortable with keeping your secret."

"A-Alright." Ayame looks hesitant, but then smiles brightly. "Yes, that would be lovely. And I promise I'll keep my hands to myself." She looks Persephone up and down, just realizing how little she's wearing. "I...I don't want to be too bold, but...I hope you aren't so shy because of shame. Because you are so beautiful, and have nothing to be ashamed of."

Persephone smiles back at her. "Thank you. If there's one person I've learned not to feel shameful around, it's you."

Ayame nods, and says, "Well, we should probably get out of here before someone walks in and wonders why two woman are sitting here half naked in wet clothes." She slips on the rest of her clothes and waits for Persephone to get dressed.

Persephone briefly glances towards the door. "Yeah, that's probably a good idea." She quickly puts on the rest of her clothes, feeling a strong sense of relief and contentment as she follows behind Ayame.

Last edited:

AaronBryant

Name:
Sex: Male
Place of Birth: Miami, Florida.
Height: 6 ft 2in
Weight: 94.5 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Hair Length: Short
Eye Color: Copper
Known Relatives: Father James Cook (unkown location)
Place of Residence before joining X-COM: Florida

Audio diary 15

"Audio log begin recording"

Silence is heard deafening all around. "I have really been contemplating the meaning of death in the bible. It has no finality to it its just the start of a brand new life. If i said i wasnt scared id be lying". Crying is heard "Oh god i dont want to die I want to help and live through this and have war storys tell them to my children. I want to be there to see the end of this and watch the beauty and sorrow of humanity as it goes through the rebuilding of society. God " A shudder and more tears are heard " Please be with me in every battle and watch over my brothers and sisters and get those who die to your kingdom safely. Please have Ayame forgive me, bless her with all that you have the base needs her so much more than any one she can not die if she does i fear it would lead to more broken hearts than this base could handle. Bless Stevie he is smarter than I am and the base needs him to think out on that battle field know what to look for be the great officer he can be. Please forgive the jealousy i have in my heart in that regard its petty and stupid." Heavy breathing is heard " Im still so young. . . bless the rest of the new recruits. Bless commander Odd with the foresight needed to lead us through battle unscathed". Aarons crying wanes off " and if you can hear Me Marty I love you and I love you to Alayana". Another deafening round of silence.

"Audio log off"

AaronBryant

Collabrative effort between Aaron Bryant and AugurofRain

Aaron is running around the gym and for the third time in a row he sees a girl he hasnt seen before running on the track he slows down and keeps pace with her. Nervously wondering if he forgot how to start a conversation normally or if he would have to trip her and say he is sorry.
"uhhh Hey?...." he starts nervously. Jasmin looks at Aaron, "Hmm? umm hey I guess" Aaron wracks his brain for something to say "My names Aaron . . ." awkward silence follows "are you new?". Jasmin states "I am, I came to the base around a week or so ago, I think... I'm completly lost in days so don'ta sk for the exact day, being underground makes you lose the sense of time very quickly." Aaron desperately trying to continue "Yea but you get used to it i promise. Have you made any friends?" Jasmin responds "A couple." Aaron turns and says " i get the impression your feeling a little hostile is everything ok?" Jasmin Blinks in suprise "Oh em I being hostile? I didn't even notice. Everythings just fine." She smiles at Aaron.
" Sorry i have a hard time reading people nowadays" Aaron sighs " what happened to your leg?" Aaron feels disheartened at his sad attempt to make small talk. "My leg?...." Jasmin thinks for a bit. "Oh that leg! You actually watched my logs? I thought I was just talking to myself for no reason, but guess not. Its fixed and feeling better now." " What logs? you have an iregular gait did some one hurt it?" Aaron eyes her legs looking for the wound. "If you didn't watch my logs, then how the hell did you know of my leg?" The leg has no physical signs of any wounds. "You um run a little funny its not a lot but its there a subtle favoring of your other leg it was a joint injury right? I was in Marine Commandos and we had to learn to find and exploit tactical weaknesses trust me itll go away with more running". Aaron looks at her quizzicaly and asks "your from russia yea? We have another girl from russia Ms. Anna Stone i think. I hear its beautiful, in a cold and brutal way."

"I guess you can describe it that way. The goverment is very strict, if you ask me the laws are ridicolous and stuped. But my job as a soldier is not to ask questions, its to obey the orders given to me. Subtle favoring of my other leg, yes. It comes from nature, I hurt my kneecap and its still a bit healing. Its allready in good enough condition for running and fighting. And I have met Anna. Russia has a couple of beautiful cities, so I've heard. I spent most of my life on a military base so I really don't know too much about that." "That sucks but the military can be a good life! any fantastic adventures you wana share?" Aaron ask and looks at her with genuine sincerity. "Your asking about fantastic adventures from a russian ex-millitary? My job was mainly riot control. There isn't much war in russia, but the millitary is taken very seriously. When you got orders to shoot a civilian, you shot em, no questions asked." Jasmin says all this with a cool air.

Aaron kinda stares down at his feet "ohh im sorry" He looks at her "was it hard?". Jasmin states blandly "Not really when you are born and raised into it. You just had to learn to set your emotions aside." Aaron looks confused "that seems so inhuman though I mean I assinated people and every time i did it i couldnt help but wonder if they had a family or people who love them. With out regret i feel like i would be some kind of monster killing with out a care. Youve ever questioned orders?" Jasmin interjects "You don't understand, millitary is all I've had for my life, I couldn't afford questioning orders, I could have lost my place anytime."

Aaron has a very sad look on his face "That doesnt sound like a very happy life. Did you like it?" "When your father is your only relative and he raises you to be proud of what you are, yes you will like it. Its not a matter of "I just choose to like it" you probably wouldn't enjoy it if you just joined it. But I was born and raised into millitary life so I really like it." " Well thats good! i did choose though and it wasnt about enjoying it for me it was always about protecting what i thought was important" Aaron said with conviction.

Jasmin just shrugs. "There is no such thing as freedom of speech on russia. You are not allowed to have free opinions. If your opinion goes against the goverment, they will shut you up." Aaron laughs softly " the things i take for granted". Aaron turns to her "Thank you i appreciate the chat it was . . . educational". " Sure no problem, come knocking on my door if you want to come chat. My door should be easy to find, its the only door with a silver swan on the door." " sounds . . Pretty" Aaron laughs " I will".
"Allright, see you around" Jasmin walks out of the gym, towards the showers.

Zain Shah

XCOM Gym
0600 hours

No one is awake yet, except for Zain; he has a black eye and bad back from his fight with Tytus and there is a look of anger on his face. He steps towards the punching bag which has 3 pictures taped to it: a cyberdisc, a lion and a picture of Tytus. Zain starts unleashing a fury of punches, all driven with his fear and vengeance for these 3 things, Zain grunts in between every combo of punches and sometimes spartan kicks the punching bag. After an hour, his hands go numb and red but he just shakes them and keeps going, shouting the occasional swear word. Next he picks up some dumbbells and starts doing bicep curls for a further 30 minutes, some people come into the gym however he takes no note of them and keeps on doing curls. He heads out of the gym after that and takes a quick shower, immediately afterwards, he goes into the shooting range.

XCOM Shooting Range
0745 hours

On the way to the shooting range, he bumps into Ayame but gives her a quick smile and keeps on walking towards the shooting range. Once he arrives, he picks the laser rifle and starts shooting; once again, there are other people practicing as well but he just minds his own business and just keeps on shooting. After 45 mins, he leaves to his room.

Zain and Booker's Room
0830 hours

Zain arrives in the room, takes a quick sake shot and starts doing 50 press-ups, he seems to be going well until he reaches 30 press-ups; his face goes red by 40 press-ups and he falls to the floor. Booker comes into the room, lifts Zain into his bed and leaves to who-knows-where; Zain goes to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.