Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

DarkGemini24601

In regards to whether or not we switch over, everyone’s been saying ‘either’ so I’ll try and be more decisive. Don’t let me speak for all of you though, seeing as I’ve been gone for awhile. I think the zombie story could be unique. Modern settings aren’t something we tend to use.

That said, I feel like you can only tell so many stories in that by the same logic. I can see the interest in character building from B0 and Frost right now tends more towards sci-fi characters. I’d say we go for that. In terms of plot direction for this one, we will need to narrow down something specific if we want to have a coherent plot - lest we fall into the Vof trap of a slice of life show pretending to be something else.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Looks like the scifi story is a go. Sorry for bailing on the Zombies. Like I said, I wasn't sure I had enough story content for it. But I can do a lot more with a Scifi setting. I will start working on it right away.

Dahlexpert

Looks like the scifi story is a go. Sorry for bailing on the Zombies. Like I said, I wasn't sure I had enough story content for it. But I can do a lot more with a Scifi setting. I will start working on it right away.

I was worried for both, but nice to hear we’re going back into space !

BMPixy

I didn't want to cast a vote, since I wasn't sure if I wanted to hop in on something and thus didn't want to be an influence, but good to hear you've come to a decision. I might start drafting up some initial ideas to mold for the sort of universe we get to play around with.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I didn't want to cast a vote, since I wasn't sure if I wanted to hop in on something and thus didn't want to be an influence, but good to hear you've come to a decision. I might start drafting up some initial ideas to mold for the sort of universe we get to play around with.
;)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Soooooo. Tomorrow, I'll be working on alien races as much as I can in my tired state at work. Hopefully it, along with some coffee beans and a bottle of Bawls, will keep me up. I plan on bringing several races back from the previous XSDF playthrough, mainly:

Human (duh)
Baʒir (Roach Aliens)
Tamearin (Human like aliens with tails and little emotions)
Yorin & Tabora (Sentient slugs and their symbiotic hosts)
Incubators (Psychic transforming cats. Though I'll probably change their names)
Pickio (Irritable red goblin aliens)
Celentius (Angelic aliens)
Dondondari (Dog-like aliens)
Quin (Rhino-like aliens)
Shinso (Lion-like aliens)
Cartus (Cat-like aliens)

You may recall that much of our previous RP focused around recycled XCOM aliens and several of these aliens were barely used, some not at all. Now they will get their focus, and you'll be allowed to make a character (or two if you can handle it) from these races. Or, as I promised, you can make your own aliens.

There will be rules and such and a galaxy to explore, but don't expect them to be very intensive. I want to leave wiggle room for us to expand on our odd, mishmash crew of adventurers. Besides, we won't be a military force this time, though we might get into a fight or two. And I'll make sure to come up with a bad guy. Oh, maybe a rival group that turns evil... heheheh.

Anyway, come to me with your alien ideas. And if you have questions, post them here. Again, any thing you ask might be an idea I hadn't thought of that I must think of to answer.

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
And to answer your initial questions you might have;

1) 34th Century
2) 25% of the Milky Way Galaxy
3) Humans are just humans, and only have psionics if you plead your case very well
4) Cpt. Jackie Jackie Jetstorm

BMPixy

And to answer your initial questions you might have;

1) 34th Century
2) 25% of the Milky Way Galaxy
3) Humans are just humans, and only have psionics if you plead your case very well
4) Cpt. Jackie Jackie Jetstorm

How fast is travel? I assume FTL, but are we talking 'day trip to Kepler 298d' or 'stock up, we're heading off to Alpha Centauri'?
Actually, on that note, how fast does information spread? Is it mostly within a system that information propagates, or would I be able to hop on SpaceTwitter to argue with some dude halfway across the colonized galaxy?
What's the top tier tech level look like? Are people still rocking ballistics and body armor, or are we on laser guns and energy shields, or perhaps something even more exotic?
How populated is the colonized galaxy? I imagine the homeworlds are pretty stacked, but how large are settlements, both old holdings and new colonies?

DarkGemini24601

How fast is travel? I assume FTL, but are we talking 'day trip to Kepler 298d' or 'stock up, we're heading off to Alpha Centauri'?
Actually, on that note, how fast does information spread? Is it mostly within a system that information propagates, or would I be able to hop on SpaceTwitter to argue with some dude halfway across the colonized galaxy?
What's the top tier tech level look like? Are people still rocking ballistics and body armor, or are we on laser guns and energy shields, or perhaps something even more exotic?
How populated is the colonized galaxy? I imagine the homeworlds are pretty stacked, but how large are settlements, both old holdings and new colonies?
Funnily enough, most of these questions get at the heart of what I was asking Zmby in a PM. Glad we're on the same page of consideration.