Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
How fast is travel? I assume FTL, but are we talking 'day trip to Kepler 298d' or 'stock up, we're heading off to Alpha Centauri'?
FTL for sure. Standard Star Trek Warp factors, 1x to 5126×C. Because we will be travelling through such a large amount of space, there will be special transit gates set up at stable, mostly artificial worm holes that can move you even greater distances, but those need special permission to be used.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Actually, on that note, how fast does information spread? Is it mostly within a system that information propagates, or would I be able to hop on SpaceTwitter to argue with some dude halfway across the colonized galaxy?
Using a specialized kind of warp field combined with the fact that signals can already move the speed of light, there is a system that allows for real time conversation across vast distances. These systems are complex and are usually built into ships, however, so if you are an everyday shlub on Colony B-772.7, expect quite the delay unless you have a lot of latinum to buy a system.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
What's the top tier tech level look like? Are people still rocking ballistics and body armor, or are we on laser guns and energy shields, or perhaps something even more exotic?
Lasers and energy shields mostly. Plasma weaponry for bazookas maybe. Though I am open for ideas on the more exotic kind you are asking about.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
How populated is the colonized galaxy? I imagine the homeworlds are pretty stacked, but how large are settlements, both old holdings and new colonies?
Colonization has been fairly vast since the development of a unified Galactic Government. The issue is mostly finding a planet that is either already habitable or is able to be terraformed. Settlements range in size. There are dozens of planets with already established alien life as well as off world colonies that range from several large cities to just one or two small biodomes. One must also remember that planets with already established sentient life that hasn't reached space travel level of technology are off limits.

Not sure if I answered your question. I think I just took a lot of words to say it varies.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
FTL for sure. Standard Star Trek Warp factors, 1x to 5126×C. Because we will be travelling through such a large amount of space, there will be special transit gates set up at stable, mostly artificial worm holes that can move you even greater distances, but those need special permission to be used.
Note that our ship won't be as fast as the top GF ships, at least not at first. I was thinking warp 5 was the fastest it could go in the beginning.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Took nearly three consecutive hours of work, but I finally finished editting every alien bio for the new RP, which included expanding on several races that only had a single paragraph description and taking out references to the Ethereals. Including Humans, you have 12 species to chose from, not including the aliens you guys come up with. There is one exception to the kind of character you can have if you pick a certain race, but I'll only bring that up if need be.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So, um... JJJ Adventures is just a place holder title. Anyone have something better? Remember, there are no stupid answers... except for Billy's answers.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Hmm, Stardust something. Def Stardust. Not sure about Crawlers though. We are a group of bounty hunters and treasure seakers... Stardust Company? Stardust Adventures? Could be the name of the group too?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So how is everyone doing today?! I have my usual mix of tiredness, depression, and tired depression. But there is also an underlying feeling of giddiness, excitement, and joy. A whole new story is around the corner! Does that get anyone else pumped?!

Decided on Stardust Adventures for the name, and I like the Golden Wind for the ship's name. Ship design? I'm picturing... Blue Falcon from F-Zero, only 2x to 2.5x the size and painted red, black, and gold. Standard issue warp engine, twin warp nacelles, enough rooms for everyone, maybe a holoroom. Small hanger for single person ships if anyone has one. Armament not so vast, as the ship is built more for speed. Twin phaser banks, twin mag rail guns, twin plasma torpedo launchers.

Still in the mindset of a shorter RP, but if it is popular enough, it could go for longer. And don't worry Gem, I'll be lenient on expectwd participation. Your school is more important after all.

So... I'm gonna try and get a character bio or two done today. Have three or four characters planned. If you guys could, please read through the alien bios, decide on your race types (half breeds are allowed, btw), if you want one or two characters, and start working on bios. Remember to share them with me before posting on the soon-to-go-up Character Biography Page.

...YAY!