Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

Black0ut

More questions! Is becoming a zombie mean your mind is gone/trapped or can certain special infected retain their intelligence?

Are we Day One-ing it for the start or is it like a month or so after?

Does extreme weather (hot or cold) alter the zombies or do they just succumb to being frozen or decaying faster?

And finally, are the animals getting infected as well? ARE THE CHICKENS SAFE?!

BMPixy

So, with Frost being sick, and he is sick and under a lot of stress so please don't get him down anymore then he already is...

...with Frost being so sick and stressed out right now, and everyone pining for the next RP, I shall try and push my plans forward a little faster then intended. It is titled Children of the Living Dead (not to be confused with the 2001 film of the same name). It is a mini RP idea and a zombie survival story, something I have wanted to do for a while.

It'll still be a bit before I am ready to go. It is still in the early development stages but I'm going to push myself to map it out faster. If you guys have any questions I would be glad to answer them. Might inspire me to nail down ideas I hadn't thought of yet.

Here's the most important question - does zombie media exist in-universe?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
More questions! Is becoming a zombie mean your mind is gone/trapped or can certain special infected retain their intelligence?

Are we Day One-ing it for the start or is it like a month or so after?

Does extreme weather (hot or cold) alter the zombies or do they just succumb to being frozen or decaying faster?

And finally, are the animals getting infected as well? ARE THE CHICKENS SAFE?!
Some infected can retain intelligence. Those are part of the special infected.

Day one as a prologue then moving to some time after.

The elements can effect a zombie's rate of decay.

Not sure yet, but I'll likely make it a human-only thing.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
My list of Zombies is subject to change, in the form of both inclusions and exclusions, but so far I have:

Shamblers
Sprinters
Hordes
Spitters
Poppers
Leapers
Imps
Decayed
Sponges
Bleeders
Banshees
Tanks
Juggernauts
Nosferatu

This isn't including random mutations like fangs, claws, problem solving, etc. I am also taking recommendations if anyone has a cool zombie design and wants me to include it, either as a one time enemy or a type.

DarkGemini24601

Slinks in for half-a-week late response, wishing I stayed logged into Gami on mobile so I’d check it more often.
I haven’t even played The Masquerade and I’m hype for the idea of a new game. What I watched of it impressed me.

Also depending on how “mini” of a RP we’re talking I’d be tempted to hop in. Provided the schedule is flexible (I got the sense TD got really flexible towards the end) I could keep up with it w/o sacrificing other projects. No promises, but it could be a fun sideproject for me (and I mean that literally: you all know I can write multiple things at once).

Edit: What are Banshees? Do they have supernatural powers (partial invisibility, sonic attacks) or are they named for their screams alone?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Slinks in for half-a-week late response, wishing I stayed logged into Gami on mobile so I’d check it more often.
I haven’t even played The Masquerade and I’m hype for the idea of a new game. What I watched of it impressed me.

Also depending on how “mini” of a RP we’re talking I’d be tempted to hop in. Provided the schedule is flexible (I got the sense TD got really flexible towards the end) I could keep up with it w/o sacrificing other projects. No promises, but it could be a fun sideproject for me (and I mean that literally: you all know I can write multiple things at once).

Edit: What are Banshees? Do they have supernatural powers (partial invisibility, sonic attacks) or are they named for their screams alone?
Screams mostly, though I'm thinking of giving them the ability to float off the ground if I can find a logical justification for it. Their main role is to lure in players with sobbing and crying then start screaming as soon as they close in, alerting every zombie within ear shot that a meal is here.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Zombie bios are done. I think I'll do things a bit differently this time and work on charavter bios next. Expect me to come to each of you individually in the coming week to work on them hands on.