Starstream Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
In my honest opinion... I feel that the redesign was necessary. It helps separate modern gaming from the old days by allowing character design and character personality to better meld together.

The way I see it... If a character is defined by fan service... Then it is a shitty character. This redesign is a step toward making Tifa a character more then she is a object. (Especially since they gave a character oriented reason for the change)
It is starting to feel that you're arguing for the sake of arguing. And as a fan of FF7, I do NOT see Tifa as being defined by fan service. You can have a sexy character, even one with some fan service, and still have them have a good character. This includes Square characters that have had plenty of fan-servicey characters who still had deep and interesting characters. Lulu, Vanielle, 2B. Again, Bayonetta is a good example. Yes, she has a lot of fan service, but she is also smart, sassy, mysterious, cunning, witty, quick thinking, and a badass.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
You wanna complain about Fan Service in FF, you should be talking about the unusual amount of underage fan service, like Garnet or Rikku...

ShadowHounder

It is starting to feel that you're arguing for the sake of arguing. And as a fan of FF7, I do NOT see Tifa as being defined by fan service. You can have a sexy character, even one with some fan service, and still have them have a good character. This includes Square characters that have had plenty of fan-servicey characters who still had deep and interesting characters. Lulu, Vanielle, 2B. Again, Bayonetta is a good example. Yes, she has a lot of fan service, but she is also smart, sassy, mysterious, cunning, witty, quick thinking, and a badass.
That was not meant to be a bashing of a character or a continuation of the arguement dammit! I just wanted to give a couple final opinions on the idea of character design before we moved on to a different topic... And how the he'll do you expect me to bitch about something I had no knowledge of? Do you forget that I never played FF7 or are you just trying to find excuses to make everything I say an attack on something?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
That was not meant to be a bashing of a character or a continuation of the arguement dammit! I just wanted to give a couple final opinions on the idea of character design before we moved on to a different topic... And how the he'll do you expect me to bitch about something I had no knowledge of? Do you forget that I never played FF7 or are you just trying to find excuses to make everything I say an attack on something?

What... the fuck are you talking about? You never played FF7? A week ago, when you were going on about how you hate FF7 and how overrated it is, I specifically asked you if you actually played it, and your response was, and I quote:
A few times... Found the gameplay generic... The story was meh and the characters were laughable outside of flashy attacks and combat.

Well excuse me for not realizing you "never played it and have no knowledge of it" when you told me you not only DID play it, but you played it a "few times"!

ShadowHounder

What... the fuck are you talking about? You never played FF7? A week ago, when you were going on about how you hate FF7 and how overrated it is, I specifically asked you if you actually played it, and your response was, and I quote:

Well excuse me for not realizing you "never played it and have no knowledge of it" when you told me you not only DID play it, but you played it a "few times"!
At this point... Fuck this. If you're going to get offended over every little fucking thing I say then why the fuck should I even bother. Pretty obvious you care more about your stupid fucking pride then learning how other people think... I'm done with this bullshit.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
At this point... Fuck this. If you're going to get offended over every little fucking thing I say then why the fuck should I even bother. Pretty obvious you care more about your stupid fucking pride then learning how other people think... I'm done with this bullshit.
This has nothing to do with pride. It is about conflicting stories. Either you played the game or you didn't. If you're judging the game without actually playing through it, don't lie and say you did to make yourself sound like you know what you're talking about. If you did play it, don't lie and say you didn't to try and make me feel bad for accusing you of having knowledge you don't have.

DarkGemini24601

I'm not really sure what the point of that dispute was. Why call Zmby and Frost out if you had little to no stake in the game to begin with? There's a difference between being honest and being unselective about what you say--which will get you into arguments. I'm not sure why you're surprised that happened here. There's nothing wrong with backing off and not engaging when there's nothing productive to say. What you did instead was double down and get caught up in a falsehood--which is the opposite of being earnest.

BMPixy

I'm not really sure what the point of that dispute was. Why call Zmby and Frost out if you had little to no stake in the game to begin with? There's a difference between being honest and being unselective about what you say--which will get you into arguments. I'm not sure why you're surprised that happened here. There's nothing wrong with backing off and not engaging when there's nothing productive to say. What you did instead was double down and get caught up in a falsehood--which is the opposite of being earnest.

Gem, please, please, I know you want to say your piece, but this is a giant canister of gasoline you're dumping on the fire.

DarkGemini24601

Respectfully, I disagree. How I feel personally is irrelevant. I made that point because this sort of stuff keeps happening, and it's really shouldn't be. That's it.

ShadowHounder

Now that I've had more then enough time to calm down and reflect a little... I should clarify that. I have played Final Fantasy 7 (a few times as a kid and once on an emulator a few years back). I think what I meant to say there was that I never finished it... As in my last attempt at it I quit shortly after the second reactor. That was when S1 of FF7MA finished and I was looking to give it one last attempt, ultimately getting bored with it and struggling to find the appeal it had back in the PS1 era. Honestly, turn based games have lost their touch on me in general (I have scolded myself plenty of times because I've gotten bored of Pokemon... A series I would die for) and I really want to be able to one day play this 2019 remake... To see if my disdain for the game is genuine... Or if it's just the age of the original clouding my ability to appreciate it's story.

ShadowHounder

I would like to take back everything I said that defended the censorships prior... I just found out it is a PS4 exclusive... And I hate Sony right now for their over excessive censorship bullshit... Just thought it would be nice for you guys to know *sweat intensifies*

Lyte

this is a giant canister of gasoline you're dumping on the fire.
Yes

no_more_boobs_____by_gulavisual_dd9t51g-pre.jpg

ShadowHounder

In other news... Currently have a very special collab with Zombie that should be up this week (if he's too busy I'll have it up tomorrow afternoon or something) and with that some new developments... And not for current character ;)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Hey, guys. You're all doing an amazing job. A really amazing job. A really... more amazing job then I ever expected... or can contend with.

Ahem... is there... any chance we can slow things down a bit. I need to get the main story and plot of this story rolling and it is hard to do with so many collabs rolling out each week and so many side stories starting.

I don't want to stifle anyone's creativity. I just don't want things to spiral out of control before I even get the main ball rolling. Which I am going to do very, very soon, I swear. Just... going though a thing or too. But I promise-ish to have the main story starting by Tuesday/Wednesday and then you'll know how to structure your stories around it.