Starstream Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
New Years Eve and New Years Day plans are work unfortunately. But hopefully it won't be too bad. Been down, but at least a leak that there is not only going to be a FF7 Remake Demo but it is going to be the entire first bombing mission has me excited and at least a little happy.

ShadowHounder

New Years Eve and New Years Day plans are work unfortunately. But hopefully it won't be too bad. Been down, but at least a leak that there is not only going to be a FF7 Remake Demo but it is going to be the entire first bombing mission has me excited and at least a little happy.
Ya know... With how many content creators and event participants they have had play the bombing run... I'm surprised it's not a public demo already XD

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Ya know... With how many content creators and event participants they have had play the bombing run... I'm surprised it's not a public demo already XD
Me too. I mean, with the leak everyone knows that it is coming anyway. Why not just release it already. Oh no... the last time there was a leak like this with Advent Children, there was a major delay of the American release, almost like a punishment. I hope that doesn't happen with the Demo...

ShadowHounder

Me too. I mean, with the leak everyone knows that it is coming anyway. Why not just release it already. Oh no... the last time there was a leak like this with Advent Children, there was a major delay of the American release, almost like a punishment. I hope that doesn't happen with the Demo...
Tbh... Wasn't FF7R supposed to be released early/mid last year already? Between Sony moving to the US, the censorship controversy, and the need to make this one as close to perfect as possible... They have had a lot of shit delaying the launch on most Square and Sony's ends.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Oh, that's Square Enix in a nutshell. I can't remember the last Final Fantasy project that wasn't delayed. Maybe... FFIX? It also didn't help that the team working on the game changed hands early on and a lot of things had to be started over from scratch.

I'm just happy someone accidentally uploaded the full game to the PSN before quickly pulling it off since it shows the game is done and it won't be delayed any further. Wouldn't be surprised if someone at Square did that on purpose just to ease minds. Can't wait. It'll make a nice birthday gift considering it comes out the day before my birthday. Too bad I had to order it online to get the 1st Class Addition. Really hope it doesn't take, like, a week for it to show up because I wanted to take some vacation time when I get it to play it and... you know, relax. Haven't had a real vacation in years unless you count a month or two of unemployment a few years back.

ShadowHounder

Oh, that's Square Enix in a nutshell. I can't remember the last Final Fantasy project that wasn't delayed. Maybe... FFIX? It also didn't help that the team working on the game changed hands early on and a lot of things had to be started over from scratch.

I'm just happy someone accidentally uploaded the full game to the PSN before quickly pulling it off since it shows the game is done and it won't be delayed any further. Wouldn't be surprised if someone at Square did that on purpose just to ease minds. Can't wait. It'll make a nice birthday gift considering it comes out the day before my birthday. Too bad I had to order it online to get the 1st Class Addition. Really hope it doesn't take, like, a week for it to show up because I wanted to take some vacation time when I get it to play it and... you know, relax. Haven't had a real vacation in years unless you count a month or two of unemployment a few years back.
They probably still have a lot of bugs and gimmicks to iron out, otherwise the game should be coming out early this year (I don't remember what the new date is)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
They probably still have a lot of bugs and gimmicks to iron out, otherwise the game should be coming out early this year (I don't remember what the new date is)
March 3rd. And you're probably right. Just... impatient, you know? A remake of my favorite game. Last full blown Remake of a classic game I played was Resident Evil 2, and if this game is half as good as that one, I will be so happy. I... need a reason to be happy lately. Not been easy to be so as of late...

ShadowHounder

March 3rd. And you're probably right. Just... impatient, you know? A remake of my favorite game. Last full blown Remake of a classic game I played was Resident Evil 2, and if this game is half as good as that one, I will be so happy. I... need a reason to be happy lately. Not been easy to be so as of late...
Speaking of RE games... That RE3 remake yo

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Speaking of RE games... That RE3 remake yo
Excited about that one, yes. It is on my April wish list. Not to sound like a broken record, but if it is half as good as RE2 and handled with half as much love and care, I am going to be a very happy Zombie. RE3 was always one of my favorites in the series. Had a thing for Jill. Probably one of my earliest VG crushes. :p

ShadowHounder

Excited about that one, yes. It is on my April wish list. Not to sound like a broken record, but if it is half as good as RE2 and handled with half as much love and care, I am going to be a very happy Zombie. RE3 was always one of my favorites in the series. Had a thing for Jill. Probably one of my earliest VG crushes. :p
Arguably the best Jill design imo ;)

If there is one thing remakes will always do at least decently one... It's nailing the new look without removing the core feel of the original.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Why waste your time on a city when there are plenty of redneck countries you could target for better results? :p
Poor Racoon city. The setting for an evil Pharmaceutical Company, a Zombie outbreak, BOW monster, a city leveling bombing, and one of the shittiest videogame to movie adaptations ever put to cinema...