Hunters of Terra Dolor (Role Playing Section)

Lyte

Deceitful Feelings (Marine and Zombie)

Kara smiled warmly, letting out a soft giggle as her hand felt the kicking of the babe in Mina’s stomach. “The little one sure is active today. I hope you didn’t have too much candy and made it all hyper.” the Ophidian chastised, looking at the guild leader as she lounged in her bed.

“Heavens, no. He is hyper enough, and my stomach aches are fine as they are without junk food. Besides, I eat enough crap as it is.” Mina sighed and closed her eyes, resting her hands on her belly. “How have you been doing lately? With all this cultist crap and vampire problems, we don’t get enough time to talk.”

“Mmm… perhaps I could also give you a foot rub, but oh… I think Janne would be rather jealous of where that would lead to.” Kara’s snakey grin returned as she rubbed one of Mina’s legs, though sat up straighter and shrugged. “Honestly, I have just been trying to figure things out. Lyr continues to make no small amount of troubles for me. First he starts dating an Elder One, and now he has her pregnant? Honestly, that boy…”

“I take it you don’t get along with Orochi then?” Mina looked over. “Honestly, for what was once a spoiled princess of sorts, she has come into her own. She even seems to enjoy her job here.”

“It is not that we don’t get along.” Kara protested, smoothing out her silky kemarian skirts with fretted hands, “But her brother has caused a civil war in my country. And here she is acting like… like, well you with your husband whenever he comes home from one of his missions. Mooning over my little Lyr like you do with sweets.”

“She does adore him, doesn’t she.” Mina chuckled. “But surely that is not enough to distract Lyr, is it? Once that boy has his mind set on something, nothing seems capable of pulling his attention away, and he seems very passionate about helping the Duchy.”

Kara looked down, rubbing her hands together. “How much do you trust that girl?” the golden haired girl looked at Mina with an unusually serious gaze.

The guildleader thought on it. “At first, very little. Then a lot less when I found out who she really was. But after being sexually assaulted by her own brother? Leaves me inclined to believe she will oppose him at every stance, and that is exactly how Lyr feels towards Yig. I believe… she has Lyr’s best interests in mind, so as long as he trusts her, I can stand to trust her too.”

“Do you feel a kinship with her?” Kara’s head tilted, “She is the mother of your grandchild, and both of you have been raped by burly snake men.” her tone of voice shifted to make that statement seem humorous.

“I… don’t know,” she answered honestly. “To a degree, yes. I can empathise with her, and her bearing my grandchild, regardless of any actual blood relation, makes me relate to her more.” Mina frowned. “Be honest, though. Do you think I am giving her too much breathing room?”

“I feel you can be too trusting at times, but your analysis of Orochi isn’t wrong. Though perhaps it is time… you were privy to the secrets that have been floating in front of your face.”

“Well, that doesn’t fill me with a whole lot of confidence…” Mina sat up, giving Kara her utmost attention. “Something to do with Lyr? Or… with you?”

“With me.” Kara stood, taking a few steps to the window. She looked outside, opening the curtain. “The girl you knew as Kara, the slave girl, is not me. In fact, she never survived the raid that caused your escape. She’s been dead for more than a decade.”

Mina’s expression twisted with grief, like she had been stabbed in the heart. “W-what? I…” She grit her teeth, looking away. “I see what you mean by being too trusting…”

“Perhaps. However, I am not an enemy.” When the woman turned, she looked… older. The girl who looked eighteen now looked to be in her late thirties, though much was unchanged. Just the face. In her fingers was a small unassuming gold band, “In fact, I’m the reason you escaped at all. It wasn’t a mercenary band that killed those bandits. It was me and my sisters. Sent by the Matriarch to put down her lover’s rabid dog of a brother.”

“Who are you really then?” Mina asked, giving the woman she had just had so much affection for a cold look. “Who are these sisters of yours? A band of royal assassins?”

“Not necessarily, but if we have to be we are. In the days of old, when the Ophidians had autonomy of their own, we were the royal guard. The special forces of the army. Our Matriarch’s hands. Virandia, after decimating our forces in battle against our regiment of Golden Maidens, never wanted us around again for fear a large number of us could overthrow them. So we went into hiding as attendants. But we are still very much our lady’s soldiers and protectors. Our regiment is known as the Dune Maidens. There were twelve of us in total. The one and only Maiden regiment. Ten of us were assigned as courtiers in the royal palace. Me and my fellow ‘sister’ were… special cases.”

“Special in what way?” Mina asked. “Does this have to do with Lyr? Does he know who you are too?”

The woman shook her head. “If he did, the grief would probably be too much for him. The girl you knew as a teenager, the one who Lyr thought at one time was his mother… was his aunt. The matriarch’s sister. Taken hostage by a traitor turned bandit. She was… both of our aunt.” Her emerald eyes matched Mina’s. “I’m Lyr’s half sister.”

“What?” Mina moved to the side of the bed. “How can you keep that from him? He deserves to know he has a sister.”

“He was never meant to know. He was never meant to know he was the Matriarch’s son. His mother in large part sent him away because he was a child born out of wedlock against Ophidian tradition and law. The difference was I was a girl. Of royal blood. But I chose to join the Maidens and give up all claim to the throne against my mother’s wishes. In reality, with mother gone… I am technically supposed to be the ruler of Kemar.”

She smiled fondly, a sad, but relieved smile. “My name is Alaycia. I know this is a lot. But secrets were meant to be kept hidden for a reason. Things would be simpler that way. But… I always was rather forward thinking with my heart compared to my head. A curse of our family line. When I joined my aunt in the maidens, I wanted to be free of royal burden. I didn’t want to be a Matriarch. I suppose half the reason Lyr was born was… in hopes of having another girl to take my place. The truth is Mina, Lyr was nothing but a mistake to replace me.”

Mina cringed. “What a cruel thing to say about your brother… assuming I believe anything you say after all the lies.”

“This world is cruel Mina. We both know this to be true. But just because of his origin, he is my brother. And I love him. It’s why mother tasked me with guarding him after our aunt was murdered. If I wasn’t going to be her successor, I could at least protect her treasure. Just because she couldn’t keep him, doesn’t mean he wasn’t loved.” Alaycia frowned. “And… I do love you too Mina. I remember when I first saw you, dressed up like a slave drugged up on tainted wine. I felt pity. The same pity I felt when I saw little Kara killed trying to escape her captors.” She crossed her arms. “Those nights spent in your arms were special for me too.”

“Why should I believe you? How can I believe you? You have been lying to me this whole time! Using me! Using my… my affection for a dear friend, born through shared trauma, only to find out she’s dead and gone. You… damn it, I am tired of being used! Of being lied too.” She got up and walked across the room, resting her head against the wall. “I am too trusting… and everyone takes advantage of that. I’ve been this world’s punching bag since that damn fire. And now… I suppose I’ll be expected to keep this all a secret from Lyr, huh?”

A pair of arms slipped around Mina from behind, Alaycia resting her head against the shorter, younger woman. “My name may be different, but our kinship is not broken. My feelings I have expressed are still all the same. We have endured our own traumas. I have been here with you not because I was Kara, but because I wanted to be. I protected you from a continued life of a slave. I protected Lyr. And I will continue to do both. I’d understand if you hated me, but do not blame your large, wonderful heart for my own deceit.” She calmly explained.

Mina placed her hand against Alaycia’s. “I… I understand. You needed to protect Lyr from the truth. But… what happens now?”

“Nothing happens. We just act as we did before. Just now more open than before.” As if to prove that point, she slowly turned Mina, and gave her a supportive smile.

Mina smiled back, though quickly frowned. “Lyr… will find out one day. And he will hate us both for keeping it from him.”

“I will let him know, do not worry. He will have no spite towards you.” Her hand trailed on Mina’s cheek, and she went to leave. She closed the door slowly, and made her way down the hall. Since today she was being honest with herself, there was something she had to do now. She found herself in front of Eraqus’ door, and she knocked.

One of the man’s dogs let out a short bark. “Hush now,” the Elf said, opening the door. His bare chest still glistened lightly from a recent shower. “You… Kara? What… what happened?”

Alaycia smiled warmly, and her hand went to his chest, pushing him back as she drew the door closed behind her. When he stood a bit back from her, she reached back, untying something in the back, her dress falling away from her body and to the floor, stepping forward nude as she continued to press Eraqus towards the bed…

The next morning, she sat on the edge of the elf’s bed, slowly drawing a brush across her golden hair. She hummed quietly to herself, a fluttering sense of giddiness in her chest. She had held her feelings back for so long, and now she had finally let Eraqus know how she felt. She looked back at the sleeping man, content, wondering if this was how Orochi felt about Lyr.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Black0ut & ZombieSplitter53
A Knight out of Time
Part One

Oct. 22nd, 3349

300 hundred years ago, five legendary knights from across Terra Dolor put aside their differences in country and race to team up and deal with the onslaught of vampires looking to overthrow the governments of the world and take control. They were all Terrians, humans and Thropes and the like, but for many of their allies and enemies alike, they were unstoppable.

It is for this reason that some of the vampires decided to take drastic measures to eliminate them at times. One of them even developed a taboo time compression explosive. Once he was discovered, his incredibly wrong and illegal experiments were stopped, but not before a single prototype made it to the field.

It was this device that caused the Knights to lose one of their first. The majestic platinum knight, a terror on the battlefield untouched by her enemies, was caught by the explosive midbattle. She and the vampires she battled stay frozen in a time bubble to this day, sealed away where only the Knights know until the day the spell would wear off.

The time had finally come. The scientist who created the device was able to predict the exact time down to the hour. Until that moment, though, she was still in her sealed cave.

The Black Knight waited, letting herself be immonile, as the armor she inhabited slumped over. She took a more shadowed version of herself, using her chaotic magic to simulate what she used to look like. She sighed as she waited, looking at her old friend with some sadness.

The Platinum Knight was hard to make out in the swirling mist of the time bubble. She seemed to be in the midst of running a vampire through, her foe likely having been in the moments of death for three centuries now. A second vampire was on the ground in the process of standing up after beeing knocked down. In the haze, the Black Knight could just make out her ally's face, perpetually in rage.

There was a cracking sound. The time had finally come. Deep cracks started to form on the time bubble as the magic finally started to give way.

The shadowy figure summoned tendrils all around them, the shadowy conjurations getting ready to grab them all.

The bubble burst with an almost comical pop. For a few moments, no one moved, as if still frozen. Time simply had to catch up with them, and they started moving once more, in slow motion at first, quickly to normal speed. The Platinum Knight yelled as she lifted her gigantic broad sword, slicing her opponent in half. She then slashed behind her at an opponent that had likely been there three hundred years ago. She looked back in confusion as the second vampire climbed to his feet.

The Tendrils wrapped around all separating the living people away from each other as Alex laughed. "Hey, Plat... how did your three hundred nap feel?"

The woman out of the past struggled and looked around in confusion. "B-Black Knight? Is the you?"

"R-release me at once!" the vampire soldier ordered.

"It is. You are three hundred years, or about that approximately. The war ended with Draculesti shutting it's borders in defeat." The shadowy woman replied. She looked over at the Vampire soldier. "Go home. Your family thinks you dead, and... with a Vampire bandit queen plotting to destroy your Capital... you may not have much time left." The Tendrils released the warrior, still present in case the warrior needed to be restrained again.

He had little reason to trust her, but he was out numbered, facing a woman who sliced his ally in half and one who restrained him with ease. So he made a run for it.

"Damn it, he's getting away." The Platinum Knight continued to struggle. "Enough of this ruse, Black Knight. Tell me what is really going on. Where are we? How did I get here?"

"Valyrie. I'm dead. So is Aldren. This... must be a lot to process... try to touch me. " She asked holding a hand out. "I'm just magic at this point, and if I'm lying, you can smack the living shit out of me." The Tendrils released her allowing the other knight to approach.

The unaged knight hesitantly reached forward to touch her friends hand. "Th-this isn't funny..."

It passed through with no resistance. "I'm sorry... you're the only one still young... unchanged..." Alex murmured sadly, her body fading as she went back into her armor. She took a few steps forward, taking off the helmet she once wore. It revealed an empty pit of nothingness. "Goldie is too old to move here or make the journey, Silver is in Draculesti, and is locked in, and last I heard, is taking care of our old mage. White... he... died... shortly before we found you like this. And a few years later... so did I."

"No..." Valyrie took what almost looked like a frightened step back. She looked like she might pass out at any moment as her sword fell to the ground. She pulled off her helmet, her long, platinum blonde hair rolling down her back, and dropped to her knees. She started hyperventilating, rocking back and forth. "No... no! Three... hundred... everyone... my friends, my... family, I... everything is... I can't... this can't be real..." For the first time ever, Alex saw tears escape her friend's eyes.

The armor hugged her, a hand running through her hair. "I'm sorry, Val... I... I wish I could give you better news. But I'm here for you... just let it all out." She tried to soothe, her voice sweeter than it normally was.

The Platinum Knight took in several long breaths, trying to calm herself. "You... what..." She slowly stood up and looked at the empty armor. "W-what happened to you? A-and if you're dead, then what are you? A ghost?"

"The vamps got me... I died in an area of Chaotic corruption and... I don't know. Maybe I am a ghost, but if I am, I'm a ghost corrupted by Chaotic magic." She answered.

Valyrie wiped her eyes. "And Aldren? What happened to him?"

Alex's voice came out softer and more in pain. "He... died healing me and Gold. I... it was so normal before we were ambushed, I..." She trailed off, the armor slouching.

Valyrie slouched a bit herself. "I'm sorry. I just... have so many questions, and I know they'll be hard for you." She looked around. "What... country are we even in?"

"Themosa. I may have lied to a few allies about why I was coming to this country, but... I wanted you to see a friendly face when you came back. Gods, I've missed you." Alexis pulled Valyrie into a hug, forming her original face so the other woman could see her face.

Valyrie hugged her tightly, taking several deep breaths. It was so much to take in, and she had so many, many questions. "Is there... somewhere we can talk besides this musty old cave?" She placed a hand over her stomach. "Feels like... I haven't eaten in centuries... heh..."

"Sure... there's a few places we can go. Just... if we get stopped, let me do the talking, okay?" Alex requested, a somewhat worried smile on her face. A tendril brought a sack over that held a pleasant aroma.

"Y-yeah, um... lead the way." The Platinum Knight headed for the exit, worried what she might find after three hundred years.

Alexis moved at a decent pace, getting ahead of her cohort. She put her helmet on to hide her ethereal face that soon disappeared. "Bevland is more stifled, and Themosa is... disgusting, but given the current circumstances, good enough. I, uh... can only stay for a day with you... I'm kinda needed to help with a war."

"A war?" The Platinum Knight shook her head. "The more things change, the more they stay the same. Who is this war between?"

"Everyone against a Vampire Bandit Queen named Alice. Other vampires along with big armies from Bevland and Themosa are staging our attack. Other nations are rallying for second wave. I'm... working with the Blood Queen so we may attack their leader directly."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
A Knight out of Time
Part Two

"What?" Valyrie grabbed her shoulder. "You are working with the Blood Queen? But... she is our sworn enemy! It was her troops that... caused us so much pain."

"The Bandit Queen took Helvan. Draculesti is fighting her. If I do not win, she'll take the rest of the nations, given she has about two or three gods backing her. Lana was necessary." Alexis whispered, her voice tired and worn.

Valyrie frowned, not liking it. But things were different, weren't they. She wondered just how hard it would be to adjust. What would she do? Where would she go? These questions frightened her. But she knew how to fight. She knew war. "I... I want in. I'm not a fan of what the vampires did to me, or to you and the others, but if they are fighting some rouge vamp, I'm in."

Black paused, her face forming under her helmet. "Are you sure? I'm stronger than I was and even I'm not sure of my chances going in... knowing that, are you still willing?"

Plat banged her fist against her chest. "I was born to fight. I won't back down from this challenge. The timing seems perfect, as if I was preserved specifically to come back for this fight. No way I'm sitting it out."

Black nodded. "Alright. I'm assigning you to protection of the Havenbrook Assets. They are key players in this; They will come with me and Lana as a breaching force, acting as assassins for the forces inside the keep. After finding Alice Valentine, they will break off from Lana and I. They are not yet ready... so I need someone I trust to keep them alive and to watch my flank. Can I trust you to keep the enemies off me?"

Val grinned, hoisting her sword onto her shoulder. "You know it. No one can break through my defense." She slowly frowned. "Just... please, in our downtime, outside of battle... can we... talk about what I've missed? Bring me up to speed on what has changed in the world?"

"Well... we have a day of traveling, so I can at least fill you in on a few things. When we arrive at Havenbrook Manor, a staging ground, I will introduce you to Wilhelmina Havenbrook, the noble and Guildmaster, and we shall both have some explaining to do." Alexis said merrily, winking at her through her helmet.

The Platinum Knight grinned and nodded. "It is good to be back. And good to have a friend at my side once more."

"I agree. It's been far too long since I have had that... but far longer since I have had a member of my war family back." Alex sighed happily, patting her battle sister's shoulder. "Let me teach you about a new invention called a 'train'. It's still far too crazy of a thing to explain well..."

Valyrie smiled nervously, following Alex with some apprehension.

The time plucked knight was amazed by the technological wonders of her new world, while also being intimidated. What space would have taken weeks to traverse was traveled in mere days, and she felt overwhelmed. Alex did her best to bring her up to speed with the major events of the last three centuries as well as current events. When they finally arrived at the manor, Val was far more knowledgable, though she still had a lot to learn.

"What is so special about this... Havenbrook Organization?" she asked as they neared the entrance.

"The Gods themselves favor them. They have picked up incredibly talented people, and have demigod among their ranks as well. Did I mention the Gods tend to owe them favors?" She chuckled, trying to avoid the unpleasant thought of meeting Mina Havenbrook.

"Really? Well, now... maybe I should seek a career here when this is all finished."

The Knight looked at the two tilting her head. "Weren't you the two I knocked out when I came here initially? Regardless, we are here to speak to Wilhelmina Havenbrook, your boss."

They conversed softly, seeming to recognize her. "V-very well," one said. "You may enter. But... be on your best behavior! Um... follow me."

"As you wish. Just remember, we are here to talk, but if you two want to, I can alwaus reenact when I came..." She snarked, following behind them before nodding at her compatriot. "Platinum, stay with me. They are a bit on edge..."

"The whole... vampire and Hastur thing, right? I'd be on edge too. Seems for all the good luck they have, they attract plenty of bad luck too."

"Of course. We would attract that level of danger too. We are more dangerous than most of their fighters here." Black replied, stretching her armored arms.

"Most... but not all," the guard said with a hmph. He stepped into Mina's office, then out again a minute later. "She'll see you now." He narrowed his eyes at the Black Knight before walking off.

"You were always so good at making friends," Val said with a laugh.

"That's why I let you and the others do the talking for me." Alex chuckled, before entering. "Hello... sorry for the short notice, Lady Havenbrook."

"Good to see you again, Ms. Regalia." Mina smiled warmly as she placed some paperwork into her desk. "Who is your friend with the intimidating sword?"

"A Knight that I knew when I was alive." She answered quietly.

"When you were alive?" Mina leaned forward. "I was under the impression you were alive now. Please tell me you're not one of Alice's zombies come to assassinate me or something."

"On the contrary," Black started before her armor slumped over, a shadowy whisp of a woman exiting it. "I like you enough to not kill you. I'm older than everyone here... save Lana. She," Alexis pointed to her old friend, "is going to help your strikeforce along with myself."

Mina glanced over to the second woman. "And what is your story? Also some corruption ghost? Lost goddess? Half demon, half dragon, half elf?"

Val scratched her chin. "Isn't that three halves?"

Mina folded her arms. "I know what I said, yes."

The Platinum Knight chuckled. "No, I'm... just a normal human... though until a few days ago, I was completely frozen in time for over three hundred years."

Mina blinked. "I... see. Um... welcome to the thirty-fourth century, I guess." She looked back at Alex. "Where do you strange people come from, and how do you keep finding me?"

"Kinda easy really. Just follow energy signatures, and you realize Gods come here often. That, combined with how you've influenced the world, are very big reasons." Alex replied, her chuckle a more ethereal one.

"Right... so!" Mina cleared her throat. "You two are going to join our assault on Alice Valentine, yes? I'm afraid I can't pay you as much as I'd like to. I have to increase the pay of the many, many men and women I am already sending in. But... what is your stake in this anyway. I can tell you are more then just sellswords."

"We are weapons of war. This is war." Alex shrugged. "That and Kva's mother needed the help."

"I... see. Guess you have some history with her. I won't pry." Mina stood up and offered her hand. "Well... welcome aboard. I'll get a room ready for you." She shook Val's, then tried to shake Alex's."

It phased through as Alex attempted a smile. "The only physical thing I could do would be to hurt you with magic... I am a corrupted monster after all, although I prefer to just say undead." She said simply fading away as the armor moved forward.

Mina shook the hand of the armor. "You are not the first corrupted one I've met. You are only a monster if you choose to be one."

"Well spoken, Wilhelmina. You are far too kind for this world." She said softly, shaking her hand.

Dahlexpert

The fallowing is done by Dhalexpert&ZombieSplitter53

The burden of leadership

Norca
Oct 19,3349

Alice was in her palace thrown room, going over her various plans and maps. Things were looking dire. Bevland and Themosa were sending in small forces to sack Alice's camps and push her army back towards the capital. The vampire army was supposedly ready to mobilize, sources said the Havenbrook Organization was planning to get involved, and Mirandia's forces were on their way from across the ocean, ready to knock on the capital's back door.

As she poured over plans with Cruxis, strategies, and ideas, Gravel, Rumi, Babani, Marlee, and Tezrian all walked in. Alice was not expecting them.

“What do you guys want, can’t you see I’m busy trying to come up with a counter attack to save us. I’ve sent some of my forces to gather some monster and recruits.”

The five looked between each other in confusion. "Didn't... you call us here, boss?" Gravel asked.

No! I’ve been sending some of my forces to gather all sorts of monsters and bandits. My zombies have been holding the lines, but they can’t hold forever.”

"Actually, it was I who summoned everyone together." Everyone turned to find Alagor at the entrance to the room. "I felt it was time to set things in motion, and I needed you all together for a special announcement."

"What on in the hell are you on about, Can't you see I’m busy trying to save us!" Alice said in a annoyed tone.

"There is no saving us." Alagor pointed at the vampire. "You tried to bite off more then you could chew and now you are choking to death... as I knew you would. I was planning this from the beginning. So... I will be leaving now. I will just be taking a small guardian force of my own and enough of your treasure and gold to satiate me. You can keep your main boat, I will be happier with one of the smaller ones in the harbor."

"Yea I’m not giving you any of that, you can leave as you came to me with nothing. I need every soldier and copper I can hold, you can take a small boat if you want. Figured when the going got tough you would leave, fine then get going then." Alice went back to her maps.

"Yeah, no..." Alagor cleared his throat. "I will be taking what I want, but you won't be the one giving it to me." He grinned under his mask. "You see, I need something of a clean break, and that requires you to be... well, dead."

"Ou is that right, and how do you plan on doing that? I know you’re nowhere near strong enough to kill me. But you’re free to try."

Alagor grinned even wider. "You forget who programmed your most loyal people." He cleared his throat. "Buttercup Blueberry Bumbum Bonanza."

All at once, Tezrian, Babani, and Gravel flinched. They slowly turned to face Alice, drawing their weapons. Marlee and Rumi took a step back, reflexively drawing their own weapons.

Alice looked unimpressed." Really is that the best you can do, I mean come on now I expected better. Why don't you bring out that wanna be vampire I know your hiding."

Alagor chuckled. "Well, he was going to be a surprise, but if you really want him now..." He snapped his fingers. From up above, a wolf of pure white fur dropped down, quickly transforming. Just as Alagor had promised, it was a vampire of a Light Elf, the first of his kind. He wore a large wolf mask over his face. "Guess it will be my four against you and your three. Or... will it?" He extended his hand. "Come, Marlee. Join me. After the humiliation you received, you must want Alice's blood more than anyone else."

Alice looked at Marlee." I gave you your freedom Marlee, I allowed you to be my general. Yes I humiliated you, but look were you are because of it. You have become so much stronger with me then you ever did with the seven, but if you wish to leave and join this fool fine just don't expect me to be merciful to you a second time." Alice crossed her arms together and leaned on her desk, a calm look over her face.

Marlee grit her teeth, tightening her grip on her swords. "You... you did humiliate me. And... I will get you back for that." She glared at Alagor. "But on my terms. Besides, no way I would ever team up with a slug like you."

Alagor sighed amd shook his head. "Very well." He held out his hand. "Kill them!"

The four jumped forward. Gravel targeted Rumi, Babani targetted Marlee, and Tezrian went after Cruxis. As for the masked vampire, he shifted into a wolf once more and charged Alice, snarling.

Alice quickly got behind it and grabbed its tail slamming in to the ground.” Please there’s no way some new bore will beat me. Reaper I need you to help Crixus.

The reaper appeared, blocking Tezrian's attack just before it sliced Crixus in half. Rumi had no choice but to dodge all of her former friend's attacks. Marlee rapidly dodged Babani's psychic blasts, trying to get in close. As for the new vampire, he quickly transformed and grabbed Alice's arm, throwing her into the wall with strength a new vampire shouldn't have.

"I hope you don't mind, but I made a few improvements on this man's vamperic design," Alagor cackled out.

“Ou wonderful.” Marking appeared on Alice body, and power started to surge through Marlee Rumi and Crixus. Alice then changed the vampire and was quickly on top of it, Alice then slashed her claws across its chest.

He roared angrily, and punched her on the sides of her head, causing her head to ring. He kicked her off and produced claws of his own, stabbing them into her sides and head butting her.

Alice smiled and started head butting the monster back, Alice then drove her claws into its side again and threw it out the window.” Enjoy the sun bastard.” Alice quickly made her way to Marlee throwing a fire ball at Babani.” Crixus help Rumi!”

You got it boss. Crixus quickly made her way to Rumi, her blocked Gravel attack with his sheild.” Ou come on Rumi, I thought you were better then this.”

Rumi jumped back. "I... I-I don't want to hurt him! He practically raised me!"

“Yeah well he’ll be the one to kill you if you don’t fight back, damn it!” Crixus said using his sheild to block the blows.

On Alice end she was dogging the knives while Marlee went in to attack Banbi.

She was within inches when Babani reached out, using her psychic powers to grab Marlee's heart and squeeze. Marlee dropped to her knees, everything starting to go black as the life was literally squeezed out of her.

“Enough!” Alice shouted like a banshee she quickly used her dark magic to send spears behind Banbi back. And within seconds she was in front of her punching her to the nearest wall. Alice then made her way to Gravel and kick his chest putting him on his back.” I’m done messing around, allow me to show you how strong I’ve gotten.”

Tezrian run up behind Alice, ready to slice Alice in half. The reaper jumped inside the armor and started to fight the wraith within once again.

Babani recovered quickly, using her psychic shielding to withstand the blow. She too went after Alice, but Marlee jumped on her back, violently pulling at her Netzi antennae, making her scream in pain and hurl random psychic blasts.

Gravel was a little slower to get up, but also charged Alice. It seemed, when there was no one in their direct path, they single-mindedly went after Alice, allowing Rumi to jump up and tackle him to the ground, putting him in a scissor lock.

"Alice!" Rumi squeezed, trying to knock her friend out. "M-maybe if you take out Alagor, they'll go back under your control!" She looked towards the entrance. "Where did he go?"

"Not far, the bastards trying to get away. But he won't, Hay Erin you have any idea were that bastard go if anything he's trying to go to the doc."

Erinika stepped out of the shadows. "Hey, you!" Marlee shouted as babani tried to toss her off. "A little help here would be nice!"

Dahlexpert

The burden of Leadership
Part 2

Erinika blinked and shook her head. "I am forbidden to directly assist you." She turned to Alice. "I can, however, provide information. He went downstairs to his lab."

"Alice, please hurry!" Rumi struggled as Gravel lifted her into the air even as he was being choked. "If you don't do something quick, either they will kill us or we'll have to kill them!"

"Just hold off for now, Rumi break Gravels legs that way you won’t have to kill him if he can't walk then you and Crixus can assets Marlee. I'll be right back." Alice quickly made her way to the lab of Alagor. But instead of charging in there she used her new power to turn into mist and go in that way.

Alagor was shiffling through his supplies, quickly packing a couple of bags. "Good help is so hard to find," he muttered to himself. "Marlee was supposed to join me. How could she not? That repulsive bitch uses us like play things then throws out compliments like they will make up for it. I knew I should have done this sooner..."

Alice still a pile of mist made her way into the lab, she blended right in with the alchemy smoke. Hearing everything Alagor was saying.

"I have had enough of this stupid qar and her idiotic aspirations for some kind of... vampire redemption. I shall set my own path, free of her or anyone else, and continue my studies in piece. Maybe make my way back to Serasam. Alice won't need that castle once she and her armies are wiped out."

"Ou won't I." Alagor turned around to see nobody around him." Do you think i'm so easily done in, I trained my solders to be much stronger then you think. Hell Marlee Rumi and Crixus are so much stronger the Gravel and Banbi, if they were to kill them. But they won't that's because of the bonds they made when they were in the seven." Alagor looked around his lab and Alice was not in sight.

Alagor steepled his fingers together. "It... seems I misjudged your strength, as well as the others. Why don't we... forget this silly little incident happened? I have left enough of my mind control formula to last you several months. I will be on my way, out of your way, and you will be free to... to win your war."

Alagor fell back, coughing up a mouthful of blood and having to take his mask off. "Wait! Wait, I can... still be of use! I have something you could really use!"

"I'm sure you can be useful but you will betray me again, and honestly why would I go through this again." Alice trusted the sword into Alago leg, pinning him in place." I suggest you talk in between screaming, best get talking before I kill you." Alice said pressing into Alagor slashed chest.

Alagor started to mumble, actually looking scared. Suddenly, the door to the lab crashed open. Stepping into the room was the masked vampire from before. His skin was charred and black, smoking from being in the sun, but was quickly healing as he lumbered forward. Part of his mask was broken, and Alice thought the face looked familiar.

"Wait a minute, heh I figured as much. I knew I should have burned your corpse, hello Elego you’re now a vampire huh. Truly a miracle of science." Alice continued to press on Alagor wound. “Still not enough to save you though."

"I will not be ignored!" Ergo tackled Alice like a beast, slamming his fists into Alice wildly. "You lied to me!" he cried out, smashing her ribs. "You betrayed me!" He smashed her face. "You're the reason I'm like this!" He seemed to be getting stronger and stronger. Alagor had done something to increase his power beyond normal means.

Alice blocked the last punch,and her eyes glowing red. She quickly kicked Ergo off her sending him through the wall. Alice quickly stood up and looked at Alago seeing that he was still pinned, Alice then made her way to Ergo in a matter of seconds, the punch she gave Ergo sent his head into the wall." I never lied to you! Your plan was to get your people killed for nothing, for because someone lied in your ear. Well guess what Halvan is mine, and because of it I let the light Elves go. Or I gave them the option, only a handful of them left."

"More would have left if they weren't afraid of you!" Ergo kicked her hand, causing her to crash into the lab desk, beakers and such flying everywhere. Ergo stepped forward, black lines running across his body, his muscles bulging like he was going to pop at any minute. He pointed back at Alagor. "He was the traitor I was trying to protect you from, but instead you humiliated me! You mocked me and threatened me! I turned on you because you betrayed me first!"

"And for that I'm sorry, I was wrong. If I can take it back I would, but what's done is done I can't change things. The only thing I can do now is give you a quick death then kill that bastard, for all that he’s done." Alice extended her claws.

"Like... I'll let you kill me that easily..." Ergo panted heavily. "What... is happening?"

Alagor finally yanked the sword out of his leg. "I had to give you an accelerant so you would be strong enough to fight her. It is burning out your body, though. Quickly! Kill Alice while you have time!"

"To bad he won't have the chance." When Ergo turned around Alice was on top of him and punched his chest, using all of her strength to send Ergo flying through a few walls. She then looked at Alagor." Now how do I kill you, best make it quick." Alice drove her claws into Alagor stomach, but not going deep enough to kill.

"W-wait!" Alagor shakingly reached out and pulled a syringe from his over turned bag. "This... th-this will increase your strength t-tenfold! A-and I can make enough for all your vampires!"

"Then you would have used it on yourself by now, Just accept death. Or I could still use you."

Alagor shook his head. "No, really! It is a perfected version of what I did to..." Alagor looked past Alice. "Ergo, stop!"

"Do you really think I'm that stupid to fall for a simple trick like that, I mean come on now give me some credit." Alice stomped on Alago arm.

Alagor cringed in pain. Breathing heavily, he grit his teeth. "Fine! You don't want it? I'll take it!" He stabbed the syringe into his arm. His wounds quickly healed as he tossed Alice off, growing bigger and bigger.

"Ou great now I got a problem." Alice turned into a swarm of bats and went back to Crixus, Rumi and Marlee.

Babani, Gravel, and Tezrian were on the ground, seemingly out cold. "They just collapsed a minute ago," Marlee said when she saw Alice. "Did you take care of..."

Smashing his way up the stairs, Alagor rampaged into the throne room. He was three times bigger, an absolute mountain of muscle. His bloodshot eyes scanned the four before him. "Guess I have to get my hands dirty after all," he said in an incredibly deep voice, charged forward on all fours like an enraged gorilla.

"Yea I got me a problem, Reaper get Babani Gravel and Tezrian out of here. Crixus Rumi you as well, get out of here I don't need you two getting smashed in the process.

Everyone followed their orders. Marlee dodged to the side, barely missing being run over. She threw several daggers into Alagor's back and grinned. "Sure you don't want me to go too? What if I betray you?"

“Ou come on your pride won’t allow you to miss this fight.” Alice grabbed her Ax and drove it into Alagor arm.

He threw her off and picked up the thrown chair, tossing it at her. Marlee double slashed his other arm, the silver burning into his flesh, but it quickly healed. "We need a way to do a lot of damage in a small amount of time!"

“Hum I think I got an idea, but you’re not gonna like it.” Alice launched several fire balls at Alagor.

He roared like a beast, slamming his fists into the ground and throwing them off. "Bitch, I don't like this!" Marlee rolled to the side, Alagor clipping her shoulder and knocking her arm out of socket. "I doubt you can make it much worse!"

“Trust me I will but I need you to go outside and ready the mages, then wait for my signal.”

"Outside? But it's the middle of the day!" Marlee dropped to her side, slamming her shoulder back into its socket. "I hope you're sure about this!" She threw one last dagger, hitting Alagor in the eye, and ran out.

Alagor grunted as he yanked out the dagger, and laughed. "Just you and me now, little Alice. You will regret sending all your allies away." He quickly rushed over and grabbed her with both hands, squeezing tightly. "I have wanted to kill you for a long time. But... maybe I will simply break every bone in your body and use you for my experiments."

Dahlexpert

The burden of Leadership

Part 3

Alice screamed in pain"I think you underestimate me, see I grow stronger with ever battle I had not just because of all the blood well the blood helps. But the experience I gained." Alice looked at Alago her eyes looking like a predators and she slowly started to open Alagor hands." Besides I have people relying on me, and a country that needs me." Alice completely opened Alagor hands and launched herself at Alagor and uppercut ted him.

Alagor landed a few feet away, slamming into the ground hard. He slowly lifted himself, having to set his jaw back into place. "You're strong... but you'll have to... do better then that."

Alice quickly made her way to him driving her leg into his skull, Alice then quickly puncher Alagor stomach. and continued to do so until she finally grabbed him and tossed him to the ceiling." I haven't even begun to fight yet!" Alice used her fire magic to burn Alagor.

Alagor yelled out in pain as he was suspended in midair by the attack. "They're ready!" Marlee yelled from the doorway, a shroud covering her head, though her skin was still badly burned.

"Wonderful now then let me show how we Norcians do things!" Alice stopped the attack and jumped up to Alagor crashing him through the ceiling, the sun started to burn Alice but she endured. Alice tossed Alagor into the heart of the city staying on him as they went down, once down Alice yelled." Mages fire on to this big bastard!" Alice jumped off and joined in the attack, she skin burning because of the sun.

Alagor screamed in pain as dozens of fireballs joined the sun to roast the man alive. By the time they were finished with their attack, there was a plume of smoke that temporarily blotted out the sun. When the smoke finally cleared, Alagor lay in the center of a small crater, completely charred and twitching.

Alice breathed heavly and quickly made her way to some shade as she looked on as Alagor slowly dies."Heh I told you, don't understate mate me foolish scientist."

His eyes slowly shifted over. "You will... never win this war. All these people... will die... following you..." His skin turned to ash and blew away, the man crumbling until there was nothing left but a deformed skeleton.

"No they won't not if I have anything to say about it." Alice then looked at her city and everyone in it, she then thought about her sister and her race, and everything she's done." Humm Marlee, I need you to gather all of my generals and meet me on my ship if you don't mind."

Marlee nodded, and quickly walked off. They all came to her ship, the vampires wearing special protective clothing. Gravel rubbed his head. "Oh... such a headache..."

Rumi grinned at him. "You're lucky you got to keep your head."

"Indeed, your lucky they didn't accidentally killed you. Now there are a few more people that are missing." Alice took a deep breath and sighed. "My God ally’s can you come down as well, this is very important."

Aratenda, Seclavar, and Grimora stepped forward, listening curiously.

Alice sighed." This is all my fault, all of this. I should have listened to my sister when she told me to kill him but I can't change the past but I can change things now, and I think it's time I let you all in on my plans and what’s going on." Alice took a deep breath and sighed." The council is dead, Lilith killed them because of what i'm doing out here, the story that were going with is that I killed them And attacked Lilith."

Rumi gasped, in total shock. The idea that Lilith could do something like that blew her mind. "Why are you taking the fall for that?" Gravel asked. "Expose the truth somehow, and they'll turn on her."

"Yep this was her decision and i'm going with it, i'm a criminal of my race now. And with me making it looked like I attacked Lilith that will make things go that much easier for her to rule, Lilith at some point realized that council was going to get our people killed. So she must have snapped and killed them herself, at least this way we don't have to do it ourselves."

Marlee nodded, feeling like she understood. "So, what happens now?"

"I have one more thing to say before I give you the seven a decision, it's time I informed you on what I’m doing. Why I’m waging this war. It’s because I’m trying to unite Terra."

Tezrian said something to Babani telepathically, and she nodded. [You are trying to recreate the original results of the war three hundred years ago, only with the world including vampires as a part of the whole, yes?]

"Yep that's the plan, that was the plan all along. I couldn't tell anyone because I figured they would try and stop me from doing it, that's why I kept this to myself."

Satako stepped forward." So you were using us the hole time, to save your own people?!"

"No I cared for you all, but that's not the all of what i'm doing. I'm doing this because Hastu is coming to take Terra as his pries, I don't plan on giving it to him without a fight. That's why I'm doing what i'm doing to make a strong army and to keep Terra united." Alice clapped her hands." That everything, so any thoughts?"

The band of seven turned away, muttering to themselves. They turned back, and Gravel gave her a grin and a thumbs up. "You have our support."

Aratenda sighed. "As much as I love war, I like the idea of getting people ready to screw over Hastur even more."

"Heh And what about you lot, how do you feel about me using bandiest to do all this."

Satako smiled at Alice ou come now boss, I was the leader of a small group of nobodies now look at were I am now. I will always stay with you. Lorica and Wulfric agreed."

"Hum how this is what being honest feel like, I was scared that you will all try and change my mind."

Marlee placed her hands behind her head. "Well, this is the first really noble thing I've got out of you. How could I not support it?"

Alice laughed and stood up, and looked at her ship." Wonderful, but now we need to keep up the act of being raiders. Which means keep doing what we’re doing, though we could be a little bit nicer to the slaves we recruit." Alice looked at Aratenda." So Aratenda how's the search for those monsters I asked for I’m sure Scarlet will come with raiders, but I want to see what type of monsters you found for us?"

Aratenda folded her arms. "How about a couple of manticore? That entice you at all?"

“That’s actually very helpful, thanks. Alright so here the plan, we go after both Bevland and Themosa sack then all we have left is Mirandia and our people.”

Everyone nodded, ready to help.

“Wonderful, now the only question is what do I do with him?” Alice looked at Ergo.

He stood in the nearby shade, panting heavily. Whatever Alagor had done to strengthen him had worn off, and he looked like her could fall over dead any minute. "Why... not just... kill me?" he asked spitefully. "Get me... out of the way..."

Rumi gave him a sad look, then looked at Alice. "Hasn't... he suffered enough. He did try and warn you about Alagor. I feel like it is only right to let him live. Correct... correct what I think was a mistake; you killing him."

Alice sighed and cut her finger and pointed it at Ergo.” It doesn’t matter what happened, you’re a vampire now and you need blood.”

Ergo raised an eyebrow suspiciously, but came over and drank her blood.

“That’s it it doesn’t matter if you’re angry at me, Terra needs us understand?”

Ergo nodded, wiping his mouth. "I will wait until we are finished saving the world from Hastur. Then... we settle the score."

“I’m fine with that, you will also be my apratence. After all someone has to teach you how to be a vampire.”

Ergo folded his arms and huffed, sitting down and looking away.

“Yeah I don’t care if you’re angry, just as long as you fallow me I’m happy. Hay Grimora you’re daughter wanna show herself?”

Erinika slowly rose out of the shadows. "What?" she asked bluntly.

“Ou come now no need to be rude. Everyone this is Erinika, the goddess of shadows.”

She turned and waved lightly. "Hello." They all gave her a light wave back.

“She is my Well spy of sorts, she informed me of all the traitors I killed.”

The young goddess nodded. "They are all taken care of."

“Good now you’re all dismissed and don’t mention this to anyone understand?”

They all nodded, and took off. Erinika stared up at Alice and gave her a small smile. "Good luck."

“Don’t worry kid I’ll be fine, now then best I get to winning this war of mine.”

Black0ut

Black0ut and Frostlich1228 present:
A Knight of Legend (Set before 'A Knight out of Time')

Another challenger had been laid low by Titania, her new blade, courtesy of Betty, being far more agile and graceful than her normal blades. Looking at the group around her she smiled. "Remember, confidence and brashness will not help you fight better, form and practice will. And now, I have somewhere else to be. Take care, people!" With that, Titania seemingly disappeared, searching for Kva. She deblurred as she reached one of her lover's usual haunts, but failed to see Kva there. "Where is she...?" She murmured, frowning somewhat.

However, out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Kva making her way through the hallway, walking and talking with a long, red-haired woman Titania had never seen before.

She tilted her head and mulled over the decision of approaching, before throwing caution to the winds as she stepped forward. "Hey, Kva. Who's your friend?" She asked, her eyes flicking over to the red-haired woman.

The two of the looked over, Kva speaking first. "Titania..."

The long haired woman looked between them. "Is this one of your comrades? Hello, it is good to meet you."

"It's good to meet you too, Ms...?" Titania started, offering an easygoing smile.

"Minerva. Lana'thel Minerva." She gave a slight bow.

"Titania... This is... My Mother." Kva took a deep breath to prepare herself for this situation.

"How do you do, Lady Minerva." Titania said, bowing more deeply before rising. Titania's eyes flicked over to Kva's asking a silent question of who was going to explain.

Kva's eyes showed a hint of panic before she sighed. "She is my... Close Friend."

"Well, she seems like a lovely Thrope to be friends with." Lana'thel smiled. "And I am doing... Wonderfully..."

Titania subtly raised an eyebrow, but concealed by shrugging and yawning. "I hope you don't mind, Lady Minerva, but I kinda wanted to steal your daughter for a sparring match."

"May I watch?" The Blood Queen looked over for confirmation as Kva looked over, raising an eyebrow.

"You don't have to lie to her about how you are feeling or what's going on." The Dhampir stated but Lana'thel just sighed.

"If you trust her then very well. No. Things are not going wonderfully."

Titania paused for a moment, looking between the two. "Would this have to do with Alice?" She asked, as she began walking ahead, hoping they would follow.

They did follow as Lana'thel spoke. "She has created terrible unrest in Draculesti and her attack on Helvan has reignited long buried hatred for Vampires all over Terra."

"It does give opportunity to improve relations as well. It depends on how the Megacity decides to react." Titania said with a sigh. "Hopefully, this conflict will unite, rather than drive apart."

"Since we are nearing civil war in the city already, I could probably answer that question." Lana'thel informed dryly.

"I meant afterwards and on a grander scale. If Draculesti was welcomed after the coming conflict, it would smooth things over. I might even be able to help, given my..." Titania started unsheathing and holding her blade so the hilt was towards the Blood Queen. "Family."

Studying the crest carefully, memories from the war flashed into her head. Kva's Mother leaned in, glaring at her. "Who are you...? A Regallis? After all this time has made her way to me? And what do you want!? Revenge!?"

"Umm... I am and I just want to be around Kva...?" Titania started, taking a step back as she sheathed her blade. "I have no quarrel with you nor do I dislike you. I'm just working here for a living..."

Kva grabbed her Mother's arm, "What is the matter with you!?"

Looking over, Lana'thel just released it, brushing herself off. "It's nothing... Nevermind."

Titania raised an eyebrow, looking between the two. "Well, it's something if it got you upset. What did my House do to you?"

A suit of familiar armor walked by them heading towards the door, only pausing to look back for a second.

Lana'thel watched the suit go by, blinking and rubbing her eyes to make sure she wasn't having a flashback from wartime, brought on by this Regallis…

The armored figure chuckled and tossed a coin at Kva before leaving.

The Blood Queen, as if in a trance, quickly followed the Knight out without a word.

Once outside, a metallic hand gently rested on her shoulder. "Long time no see, Lana'thel. How have you been, my former adversary?"

The Long Haired Vampire turned around, almost falling back as a patter of rain hit her head.

The Knight tilted her head as a large form of energy formed above them shielding them somewhat from the elements. "I heard you were still alive... but I did not expect you to be here of all places, let alone talking to a descendent of mine."

"You... You aren't real... You're dead... I saw your body..." The Blood Queen shook her head.

"You're right... I did die. But life's cruel and I came back. Corruption revival is a real bitch." The Knight replied, sheathing her sword. "So... how's Silver? I trust you've kept him safe for me?"

"Don't call him that... He gave up that name when you died..." Lana'thel glared at her.

She removed her helmet so that the Vampire Queen could see the lack of a head she had. After a few moments she placed her helm back on her head. "So... it's my fault I died? Not the army and a half I faced to keep the remains of an army safe? You have a funny way of being cordial, your highness." She scoffed, crossing her arms. "Show me some respect... I could've killed your daughter if I held a grudge against you. I've been keeping an eye on her once I found her."

"Why act like we're friends? You killed a lot of people I cared about... Now you come back to what, torment me? My daughter? Your Friend's daughter?"

"You," The Knight growled as she stepped closer, her hand gripping her sword, "are the reason Aldren died. You got him killed... or the people under you did, which still makes it your fault. By all rights, I should finish our little feud, here and now, settle the score by killing your daughter. But instead, I'm trying to be an adult, trying to be civil. Do not mistake the fact I am trying to forgive you, for me even remotely liking you. We both have much to answer for."

She put a finger forward raising a hand to her chest. "With how many people he killed did you think we would just let him go? I fought to protect what I could, that was it... Blame me if you like but if you blame Jacque's daughter for your friend's death you sorely delusional..."

"Friend? Friend?!" The Knight moved with unnatural speed, lifting her up. "That was the man I loved, the man I was hoping to be with at the end of the war! You want to talk about killing? You slaughtered armies... we were even tasked with killing you, but Silver said no. Told us to give you a chance... that you weren't evil. Now... I love Silver, and I loved the other two as family, but Aldren… that was too far."

She dropped her, a dark aura coming off her. "I have grown far stronger than when I was alive, and far more restrained. Stop trying to piss me off..."

Kva just blinked as she watched this. "W-What the fuck is going on...?"

Huge Spikes of blood suddenly exploded from The Queen's back, her eyes burning. "It was war. No one is good, no one is moral. I would've expected you to do the same to me if I was where he was, despite Jacque's opinion of me because killing me would've crippled Draculesti..."

"You are foolish... we all knew Silver's love for you, and so we put off engagements with you. Didn't you find it strange that your direct forces were rarely attacked by us?" She laughed bitterly. "You are such a bitch... even when I'm dead, killed by your forces, you can't offer a fake apology? You can't even pretend for a moment that bygones can be bygones."

The Knight's head turned as her blade cleared its hilt, blocking a different sword with a very similar family crest. "Get. Away. From. Her." Titania growled, one of her eyes going feral.

"I am not the enemy, Titania Regallis. I am here to help against the vampire known as Alice Valentine." The Knight said stoically, turning her helmet to gaze at Lana'thell. "Yet... old wounds and old hate still are very much alive with the Blood Queen of Draculesti."

"I did things I regret..." The Vampire's eyes glazed over. "I thought at the time I had to do it to win the war... I thought they were going to march into our home and slaughter us... Vampires are seen as so much more powerful than normal people, and we are, but we are so much more vulnerable too... and we're scared... We lost the war anyway, our people have been locked away for hundreds of years... Paranoid... I realized my mistakes... and my failures... I tried to redeem myself with Alice and Kva, in some... small way... But one became a monster... a conqueror killing and destroying... a dark mirror... and the other I tried to control so much I drove her away from home for three centuries..."

"Now I must kill one of them. A girl I saw as a daughter... I'm still paying my debt of sin, Black..."

Kva's face saddened upon hearing her Mother's words, a wave of guilt hitting her.

Last edited:

Black0ut

A Knight of Legend, pt. 2

"Then let it fall to me. Do not burden yourself into pain." The Knight said softly. Tendrils of darkness restrained the Thrope who had attacked her as her blade went back into its sheath. "I... do not wish to let you pay this painful of a price... I will ease your burden... but do not be rude anymore... I suffer eternally, unable to die and a shadow of who I once was..."

Titania struggled against her restraints as more came to restrain her, forcing her into a kneeling position. She glared at the Knight, keeping her mouth shut only because the Knight wasn't attacking Kva's mother.

Kva walked up between her mother and the Knight, glaring her down. "Let her go, right now..."

"I will release your lover, don't worry. I only wished to sheath my blade and avoid fighting her. Your mother and I are a bit too strong for our own good and fighting someone who's not as powerful... well, we have made mistakes. I still feel bad about putting Silver and Gold in neck braces... " The Knight said, the tendrils releasing the Thrope.

Titania's eyes widened as she sheathed her blade and blurred, standing up quickly.

"So... Will either of you explain what this is? Because it sounds like you two have a storied history..." Kva looked at the Black Knight first.

"During the war, I hunted her, she hunted me, we both wanted to kill each other to save our families. Ever hear of the Black Knight, the destroyer of Vampires or the Knights or Knights Radiant? You should be familiar, given your father's history."

Kva surprisingly shook her head. "No... I heard of Elite Vampire hunters but I've never heard that name..."

"That's because once the war ended we refrained from talking about it. You didn't need to know the specifics, besides, it was a painful memory for your Father..."

"We, including your father, were the best. Silver, as we called your father, asked us all a favor after years of fighting: Not to kill or hunt your mother. Most of us agreed, but Gold, our mage kept up his hunt of her, deviating because he believed war took no favors and gave grief instead. So did my friend Platinum." The Knight explained, unsheathing her blade and held the blade towards Kva. "This... is a legendary blade that Saboran would want in her collection. I forged it after meeting my... well, how would I put it... 'close friend'. This blade is a painful memory to your mother and one to me too... but the last reminder of a lover and a friend..."

Stabbing the blade into the ground, she sighed. Turning her gaze over to Lanny, as she called her, She started up. "I stopped killing when I was resurrected. That has been my way for over two hundred years. I know your pain, so... when the time comes, let me handle her. Killing a child or even an adopted one, is too hard for a parent, or a sister."

"No. I have to do it. I made her this way." Lana looked up with a determined glare.

"It's your responsibility? That girl you knew is dead?" Kva finished.

"Yes..." She looked over. "How did you know?"

"I take after you a great deal Mother..."

"Alright. I shall act as your bodyguard then until you can reach her, Blood Queen." The Black Knight stood taller, rapping her metal hand on her chest plate. "And, afterwards, I shall buy you a drink. You'll need it."

"As for you..." The Knight started, turning her head to gaze at Kva. "You should make sure the armies do not fall apart. I'd rather your lover survive the fight, than die during it..."

"Then who will fight Alice herself?" Kva questioned her stoically.

"We will." The Knight answered, looking over at the Blood Queen. "I know your mother's style of combat and she knows mine. All it depends on is if she will let me stand by her side and help."

"Very well... I'll fight beside a ghost from my past if you will." Lana'thel offered her a handshake.

The Knight took it, a gentle laugh echoing out. "I'll buy a few drinks after we're done."

"Not one for yourself, I take it?" Lanny raised an eyebrow.

The Knight took off her helm again and then the armor around one of her arms. "I have no body left to drink with. Just lots of restrained corruption. You did get me killed after all." The Knight laughed, no sign of bitterness in her voice.

"How did you even become corrupted?" The Queen asked, examining the armor.

"I... I don't know. I awoke in corruption, maybe a year or two after my death. What caused it, I don't know... hell, I don't know why I wasn't transformed into a brainless monster..." Black said hesitantly, some nervousness in her voice. She reassembled herself quickly masking any signs that she was not living. "But I have to restrain the corruption when I'm with people... think a corrupted area because of an artifact, and you get me."

"Why not ask Kva's God why you're not dead? It might help." Titania spoke up, as her gaze softened.

"Perhaps... but he may take my soul instead..." The Knight murmured, placing a hand to helmet in thought.

"Have you considered that he might already have? It could be that the corruption simply made an imprint of your soul and memories onto the armor." Kva reasoned. "There could be a 'real you' in the afterlife somewhere..."

"Possibly. But if it were, that doesn't explain this..." A dark ball floated out of her chest, with pockets of light bursting through. "This is my soul. Parts of it are the same... but the corruption did alter me significantly. If I had no soul, that theory would be sound. With this..." The armor shrugged, rolling an arm.

"Hmm..." Kva looked down for a moment, then back up. "So... House Regallis huh?"

"It was called Regalia. It just so happens that Titania technically is my descendant... I think. My memory is kinda shit if I try to remember to before my second life. Give me a second..." taking off her gauntlet, she looked inside it. Putting it back on, she nodded. "I was correct. I am a direct ancestor."

"How come I've never heard of you?" Titania questioned, raising her eyebrow.

"Lanny, I think you know my real name. I... kinda also renounced my name, so... can you answer for me?"

Titania crossed her arms. "You don't have a place in the crypt... nor have I seen you mentioned.

"Naturally. We underwent calling each other by our titles... Black, White, Gold and Silver... and our semi-boss, Platinum. Our countries erased us from documentation and our families were only supposed to talk about it ten years after the war. I wasn't very social, so... not many of my siblings remembered me."

"That's super convenient..." Titania put her hands on her hip raising her eyebrows.

The Knight looked over at the Blood Queen with a sigh. "You mind corroborating some of my story? Silver probably did tell you everything afterwards..."

"Although he tried not to speak of it much, most of what she says I know is true. They were essentially a suicide squad, so they had to... give away their old lives and positions and take up new names."

"Ironic that we weren't killed in one of the suicide missions, but with ambushes and minor missions." Black laughed a bit bitterly, shaking her head.

"Alright... but why come here? Even if you wanted to help, wouldn't it be smarter to stay hidden?" Titania asked.

"She'd," the Knight nodded her head over at the Blood Queen. "Try to kill me or get distracted and end up dying. This way, she has time to not view me as an enemy, but an ally."

"If I was still in the city I wouldn't go out of my way to kill you. I just want to put the war behind me." Lana crossed her arms.

"I meant if you were in the middle of combat and I appeared, I think those conditions would apply. But onto a bit brighter subjects..." The Knight started, putting a hand on her hip. "I'm sure you already heard some of the good news about your daughter? I'm sure it must have been a surprise, given that Titania is from my bloodline."

She tilted her head. "What news? That they are friends?"

"No... Mother..." Kva shook her head. "We are close friends..."

"Like...?" Lana'thel's eyes widened. "Really? I never thought of you as... I mean, after your stint with Damian..."

"Mother..." The Dhampir covered her face.

The Knight started laughing, shaking her head. "You should have told her... might've been less embarrassing."

"Th-that was not something for you to s-share." Titania replied, her face turning a bright red.

"You see, I kinda had to... Lanny knows out of most of the knights, I was blunt and honest. No secrets... which still makes for some funny moments."

"No need to be embarrassed..." Lana'thel held up her hands. "But doesn't the tail get in the way? Do you have a tail?"

Kva just dug her head further into her hands.

Titania merely shook her head, still blushing but able to talk. "I don't have a tail..."

The Black Knight started laughing, going down to a knee in her mirth.

"Oh I know why, you wanted someone who would understand the teeth situation!" She pointed towards the Wolf.

"You're doing this on purpose now..." Kva huffed into her hands.

The Knight was now barely upright, leaning on her sword.

"U-umm... I do have sharp teeth, but Kva's are sharper...?" Titania replied, as she walked over and hugged Kva, trying to comfort her somewhat.

Kva looked down at Titania, then over at her. "Are you done, Mother?"

She smiled, "I think so yes..."

"Then I have something important to tell you." The Dhampir composed herself.

The Knight tried to compose herself, getting up and sheathing her blade. She went to wipe a tear from her eyes and realized she didn't have any. She nodded at Kva to continue, glancing over at Lana.

Titania released her lover and merely stood next to her, making sure Kva could say what she needed to.

"I may have recently procured some... Divine Aid... That could help us in defeating Alice and her army" Kva smirked, looking at all of them one by one.

"Is it who I think it is?" Titania asked, looking up at her with an unreadable look.

Black0ut

A Knight of Legend, pt.3

"Be careful with Divine aid... sometimes the Gods’ aid is more of a hindrance than a helping hand." Black advised, shaking her head.

Suddenly, a number of butterflies coelessed into the humanoid form of Ahusirra as she smiled at them. "Your Lover spoke to me before you left, she convinced me that this would be an excellent show of power to the other Gods, so they don't underestimate me... And I particularly dislike undead..."

As the Goddess said that her gaze darted over to the full blooded Vampire standing before her. "Hopefully, you can all make your way back to the city sooner if I help... and I certainly wouldn't want you wandering the wilds..."

Kva let out a brief sigh, "This is Scathatch... She's a God, but not one you've likely ever heard of."

The Knight merely stared her down. "No... but she shouldn't be rude to allies, especially when said ally is going free of volition and has been nothing short of kind."

The Knight unsheathed her blade, stabbing it into the ground. "Apologize."

Scathatch squinted, "Are you threatening me? Really?"

Kva just put a hand on Alexis' shoulder, "Enough. She has a right to what she believes, especially if she's helping us. Besides, you really don't want to fight her."

"Immortal being who has been smited by gods before. I always end up coming back." Alexis replied, shrugging. "I merely want to state that the woman over there? I may have fought her and I may have disliked her, but she has kept two members of my family safe. Ergo, respect her, even if you do not like her."

Titania merely rubbed her temples, her irritation starting to boil over.

"I can assure you. I know exactly what's keeping your soul in that hunk of metal. And I know how to break it." Ahusirra replied angrily, not having any of what Alexis was saying.

"Enough." Lana joined her daughter. "You don't have to defend me. If she really is a goddess like you say she could kill me right now. But she has decided to help us."

The Knight looked between the three of them, before nodding. "As you wish... I shall stop antagonizing the Goddess for an apology." Alexis replied, grabbing her blade and sheathing it. "Although having my soul separated after the battle does sound nice... no more wandering... no more armor... hmm..."

"Stop. Please... no more fighting... both of you..." Titania pleaded, looking at both of them.

"I already dropped it. I was just amusing the thought of actually dying once more. But I will stop. I make no promises for your Goddess, however." Black looked at Titania, tilting her head.

"I could even change your body, if you like." The Goddess bragged slightly.

"Are you sure about that? Technically, I'm also undead, like Lana, just without a body. Might be hard to alter something that's not there..." The Knight pointed out, tapping her empty helm for emphasis.

"Let's say I've been doing something similar for ages now, and even just recently..." Scathatch looked over at Titania briefly.

"Still not happy with how you handled that." Titania said with chillingly sweet tone, one of her eyes turning feral.

The Knight looked between them, before thinking. "You'd have to tell me about the process before I would agree." She finally said, taking her helmet off.

"So... Are we all in agreement? This is the plan?" Kva looked to everyone individually.

"Yes." Ahusirra nodded. "In the meantime I will assume my disguise here, keep an eye on my charges."

"Of course... maybe I can keep you safer than when you were in Hell." Titania replied, smiling at her girlfriend.

"I have some things to do first, but I agree." The Knight answered, putting her helmet back on as she started walking away. "Gotta help some Themosan rebels overthrow a government... which is child's play, compared to what I've done in wartime."

"I hope you understand that there won't be much of a Themosan government if she wins. I think this has priority." Lana'thel pointed out to her calmly.

"It does... but kidnapping a few bigoted leaders won't really take too much time, especially when they keep to the same schedule everyday. It'll be a day of work. And given Alice's army, condition and her mental state, she'll move sometime when her army has enough food... which is most likely in three to seven days. I only need one to destabilize Themosa enough for the rebels to seize control, and given the severity of the situation, I'd rather have no unfinished business left."

"So, you're leaving to take care of it... and if you don't make it back in time?"

"Impossible. I need no sleep, food, or water and feel no exhaustion. A trip for most people that would take four, would take me one and a half. So a trip into a neighboring country, will be very quick." The Knight countered, as she kept walking away, the rain now pelting her armor.

"Remind yourself that we need Themosa and its army to be strong and have a strong chain of command for this fight. Try not to do anything to disrupt that too much, or else they might have to pull their forces away from helping us to deal with the issues back home." Lana'thel spoke clearly and concisely.

"I won't. Just kidnapping two types of people: slave traders and minor government officials. Each will help the resistance I have selected to become the new government in time, but that isn't enough to destabilize their army, Lana. Just sets up future raid points for the rebels." She explained, stopping for a moment. A familiar face only to Lana appeared, created by shadows. It offered a smile. "I won't fuck this up for you... I wouldn't want you to be angry at me for another couple centuries."

"Don't make me put you on a stand in my house." The Blood Queen chuckled. "Fate is a strange Mistress, isn't she?"

"She is... she can bring two bitter enemies together and turn them into allies, even if they, at first, didn't want to fight together. What a bitch." The Knight joked, her shadow face smiling as she resumed walking.

"Well... this was a weird... reunion of sorts?" Titania whispered to Kva, shaking her head gently.

"It is..." Kva walked Titania back into the Manor. "I never would've thought we would've had so much history... And the fact we just came together by chance... I guess I'm starting to believe in this Fate thing..."

Titania wrapped an arm around Kva, beaming up at her. "Regardless, I'm happy that in this crazy, unpredictable life, I got to be with you, Kva."

Kva gave her a genuine smile. "Yeah... I am too…”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
Welcome Home, Lost Child
Part One

Oct. 21st, 3349
9:34 a.m.

In a flash of wind and lighting, Runseca ran into the forest just outside of Havenbrook Manor. She had been summoned by a mysterious force, and with recent happenings, she was both eager and nervous to find out who it was.

She found a quiet lake, no sounds or people in sight, until suddenly a voice spoke out behind her. "Ah... You're here, good."

Upon turning Runseca saw what looked to be a tree woman, her mask face shaped to the likeness of a bird and with wooden wing addorning her back.

"Um... aha, I... don't know what I was expecting... but it wasn't this. Um... hi?" The Herald goddess waved. "You're... tge one that summoned me, Ms...?"

"I am Skye. I called you to here as a representative of my Mother." The Woman bowed.

Runseca bowed back. "Very well. And who is your mother, Skye? Where is she?"

Stepping out of a nearby tree was a completely naked woman with a pale green skin and oily black hair as well as roots that hugged her lower regions. "I am her Mother. It's good to meet you finally, I am known as Ahusirra'tielli."

"Ahusirra'tielli, huh? Well, I... Ahusirra..." Runseca snapped her finger. "You... you're the one. My daughter's friend is from a village that worships you as a goddess, right? But... who are you really? You... can't really be a goddess, can you?"

"Oh? It's appearing little Titania has done some talking." She smiled. "Yes. I am the one..."

"Whoa... weird. I mean... yeah, kinda weird." Runseca looked the goddess of the forest over. "So why did you call me? What could I do for a goddess who is so independent?"

"Well... I'd like to start, not... being so independent..." She stepped forward. "I'm going to need you to bring in front of the Council of God's... I hear they are discussing Alice Valentine as of right now."

"Oh, wow, yeah... that's right. Um... I don't... see why not. You are a goddess, after all. I guess... I think... sorry. This is a lot to take in. I, uh... guess we can start by heading to our home." She looked at Skye. "Are you coming too?"

"Of course. She doesn't leave my side." Ahusirra looked over briefly.

"Alrighty then." Runseca ran around and around in a circle until her electrical discharge opened a portal. "This way to Ethereum. The pressure is high and the air is then, but if you are truly a goddess, it shouldn't be a problem."

Stepping into the portal, they felt little of anything, and Skye felt nothing at all due to her body's nature.

The gods' megacity was as beautiful and majestic as always. Runseca led them through the streets. They arrived at the main council chamber, Runseca ducking inside. She returned a few minutes later, a nervous look on her face. "Well, uh... they are curious alright. Just... you know, be patient with them, and be on your best behavior... um, ma'am. They will see you know."

She bowed before stepping into the chamber. "Thank you..."

It was large and cavernous, much larger then need be and mostly for show. One could say that went for a lot of things related to the gods. The original eight were all seated in a desk shaped like a semi-circle, the King and Queen in the center. Xia'tar stood up. "Please... state your name and your buisness with us. And, if you don't mind... how you came to be, oh goddess outside the pantheon."

"My name... Is Scathatch..." She scanned the room, focusing on each and every god, lingering longer on the Hunter God. "And I am here to reclaim my rightful place in the Pantheon... A place that is my birthright."

"You... I know you." Reht'nar leaned forward. "Yes. I have felt your energy while travelling through the forest. A strong presence that was both threatening and comforting."

"You say you are here to claim your birthright, huh?" Rume'lurm smiled. "Does that mean two among the gods are your parents. Pray tell who."

"I am the true first born of Mevah and Pedener." Scathatch looked over. "My Mother hid me away at birth, then after sleighting her, wiped me from history."

Scathatch looked back over to Rhet'nar. "I believe she had one you're familiar with take my place to avoid suspicion from the Gods and even my own Father. You would know her as Ryn'Vandem."

"Ridiculous!" Jerin'dek stood up. "What reason would she have to hide another goddeas from all of us? From the world?"

"She did it to protect me. As I'm sure you all remember, there wasn't much trust between the gods in the early days. She wanted to ensure I grew to adulthood with no trouble." Scathatch explained calmly to them.

The king of the gods slowly sat back down. "Protect you from what? Perhaps Mevah has some explaining to do..."

"I sense no deception in her," Nemesis stated. "While she might be able to cloud her mind given her nature, I am inclined to believe her claim."

"You could bring my Mother here. She's been trying to get me back for a long time now." The Nude Goddess answered.

"No need." Mevah stepped around a corner, the goddess of life bowing her head. "I... came when I sensed your presence. I have been listening in. H... Hello, my dear."

"It's been a long time..." Scathatch looked back with a face of stone.

"So it is true?" Tempora asked. "She is indeed you daughter?"

Mevah slowly nodded, stepping forward. "You... you look well?" She blushed a bit at her daughter's nude body. "You are ready to come home then? Does this mean you have... forgiven me at all?"

Scathatch looked down, then off to the side. "I have... You we're partially right... What you said about Humans... And wrong... I don't know if you still believe that, but there are some of merit... It would appear in this case, it is nurture, not nature."

Mevah folded her fingers together. "It is good to have you home, my dear. I am sorry for any hardships you have had to go through."

"What... exactly was it she said about humans?" Uladan questioned curiously.

The Goddess of Flora and Fauna looked over to her Mother, non verbally asking her permission. Mevah shyly nodded, giving her a sad look. "She said they were dangerous and cancerous to life." The Exiled Goddess spoke.

All heads turned to Mevah. "Th-that was a long time ago!" she insisted. "When war was more prevalent. When man stomped all over nature like it was nothing. But... but I see I was wrong. I see there are so many good people out there. People that respect life. Humans that... respect nature." She smiled at her daughter. "You made me see that."

"Thank you... But it was Humans who also murdered the one I love..." The Goddess of Flora and Fauna said somberly, tilting her head towards the Sylvan a few feet away. "But I still have my daughter. This is Skye."

Mevah nodded. "I guess that makes me your grandmother, huh?"

Skye walked up, "I suppose it does..."

"I've been watching you for some time Mother. I have eyes and ears everywhere." Ahusirra spoke almost menacingly.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Welcome Home, Lost Child
Part Two

Xia'tar cleared her throat. "Well now... if this is all true, then you are welcome to rejoin your fellow gods. Though I must ask... what took you so long to reveal yourself?"

"I was waiting for the right time." Scathatch said simply. "And the right time is now. I heard you have been discussing one Alice Valentine..."

The King of the gods grumbled. "Yes, we have. She has made quite a mess in the mortal world. But she will be done away with soon. The mortals will see to that."

"Or they won't. Especially considering she likely has some aid from some of us." Scathatch looked around the room.

"It is none of us," Tempora assured her. "It is not completely forbidden for us to interfere to degree, though. You of all goddesses should know that, right?"

"Yes. But I have reason to believe that it is one of the gods you have on... Parole? A certain Half-sister of mine." The Goddess explained.

"Grimora." The god of the hunt nodded. "Do not worry. She is being watched by Arentenda. Of course if you want to join Alice's opposition..."

"I would. I cannot have undead running about the world like freely grazing cattle." Ahusirra looked at Rhet'nar. "I am sure you share the same sentiment."

He nodded. "Then you will be free to assist them in the same way Grimora helps Alice."

"But you are forbidden from directly interfering," Methos added, placing a hand on her chest. "Some of us do have some strong stakes in this fight as well, and wish we could do more to help. But we can not act as freely as Tecunte did and disturb the balance."

"The balance is already disturbed." The Nude Goddess pointes out. "Inaction has made it so..."

"Enough on this." Jerin'dek waved his hand. "It is not your place to judge our actions. You may assist the mortals if you please, but do not overstep your bounds. Now, do you pledge your loyalty to your fellow gods?"

Scathatch sighed, then smiled. "Yes. I do."

"Excellent." Ledono, Scathatch's grandmother, stood up and walked over, taking the goddess' hands. "Welcome home, my dear. We are so glad to have you."

"Thank you. We gods are stronger together, are we not?" The Lost Goddess looked back at her Mother.

Mevah nodded, giving her a big smile. Scathatch gave a small bow, motioning for her mother to walk out with her as she left. Mevah nodded shyly, following along with her daughter. As they exited the chamber, Ahusirra simply stood there, staring at her Mother.

Mevah lowered her gaze. "You... hate me, don't you? I don't blame you..."

"I did.. I did for a long time..." She put a hand on her Mother's shoulder. "But I forgive you now."

Mevah smiled briefly, but frowned and looked away. "You shouldn't. I don't deserve it."

"You wanted to protect me... I understand how that feels now..." The Oily Haired Goddess looked down sadly. "I lost him... I lost my love to Cultists... I almost lost my child too..."

Mevah nodded. "You will not lose anyone else. I will make sure of it."

"Thank you Mother. I'm glad we've been reunited..." Scathatch wrapped her arms around her.

Mevah squeezed her daughter back, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

"I think I would like to meet my Sister finally. Tell her who I am." Ahusirra pulled back. "What do you say?"

Mevah nodded, stepping back and taking Scathatch's hand. She led her into the city proper to a medium sized building. Knocking lightly, she then stepped in. Sitting on a medium sized couch, Ryn'Vandem, Goddess of the Harvest and Fertility, smiled at her mother. "Hello." She looked over the new comer.

Scathatch smiled. "Ryn, right?"

Ryn'Vandem nodded, standing up and walking over. "Aren't you cold?" she looked the older goddess up and down. "Your energy... is so familiar..."

"No... No I'm not." Scathatch shook her head, despite what she was wearing, there was an everpresent warmth radiating off of her. "My name is Scathatch. It's a long story... But I'm your long lost older sister..."

Ryn'Vandem's eyes widened, and she looked to her mother for an explanation. Mevah slowly explained everything to her. In the end, Mevah held her head in shame, and Ryn looked ready to hit her, her fists shaking and tears in her eyes. "This... whole time..."

"Yes... I cannot tell you not to feel angry... But we each have had a long time to regret our actions..." Ahusirra looked between them.

Ryn shook for a moment longer, then let out a sigh. She slowly smiled at her sister. "Well... we have plenty of time for forgiveness to... right?"

"Yes... Yes we do... Oh! Would you like to meet my daughter?" Scathatch turned her body to reveal Skye leaning on the door frame.

Ryn'Vandem waved. "Hello! No need to be shy or anything. So you're my niece, huh?"

"I guess so." The Sylvan walked in, holding her wooden hand out. "It's good to meet you. I've always been curious about my godly heritage."

Ryn'Vandem nodded, and took her hand, pulling her in for a hug. "We have all the time in the world to explore it now," she said happily, hugging her niece tightly.

"Mother..." Scathatch looked over. "I've been meaning to ask... What Is your intention with that Duck of yours?"

Mevah smiled. "I intend to make her the best fighter I can. I've learned from past mistakes and I feel we gods should be more involved with the mortals. This is my first small step into realizing that."

Mevah and Ryn sat down next to her. "Did you have something specific in mind?" Ryn asked.

"After we deal with Alice... My goal is to bring life to the Dutchy. The Ophidians kill themselves for pools of fresh water and we would be correcting an ancient crime against the world." Scathatch smiled deviously. "As well as increasing our power massively... That way the other Gods will no longer be able to walk all over us..."

Ryn smiled at that. "I like that idea."

Mevah sighed. "That would be nice. Though we wpuld have to contend with the Old One Yig. He is causing a fuss after losing his sister. Though word of mouth says some at my charge's guild wish to boot out Yig as much as us."

"If he were to ally himself with Hastur, then we could likely deal with them both." Skye chipped in.

Mevah nodded. "This is all talk for another time though. You are home! We should celebrate!"

"Wait... One more thing..." Scathatch looked down. "Tecunte... How do you feel about what happened to her? I don't know how close you two were."

Mevah's expression turned grim, and she lowered her head again. "I... wasn't as close to her as I wanted to be. If I had tried harder, maybe things would have been different. I just... wish I had a second chance with her..."

"I understand... She never even had the chance to know I existed..." Ahusirra sighed.

Mevah slowly nodded, but tried to smile and stood up, offering her hand. "Come. I will show you the delicacies that the gods eat. Tonight, we celebrate."

"Very well." Ahusirra took her hand, "Let's see what this fuss is about."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
ExoGrim & ZombieSplitter53
What am I?

As Spark got more and more familiar to the manor... She became more and more curious about the area. Soon she found herself in the armory... Looking at many of the tools and weapons on the walls.

"Whoa, whoa, little girl." An older Netzi walked up to the counter, his prosthetic arm and leg creaking slightly. "It's dangerous for you to be down here you know?"

Spark jumped when she saw the old man. "S-sorry... I just was admiring the work here... I didn't mean to wonder too far from the lab."

"Oh, you're that new girl with the interesting powers, right? Um... Flare? No... flicker! Glint? Glow? Sparkle?"

"Spark..." The girl corrected cautiously.

"I'm Edminfar." He offered his hand. "Call me Ed. Nice to meet you."

"Umm... Nice to meet you Ed..." Spark shook his hand nervously.

Ed smiled sweetly at her. "Would you like me to show you around?"

"Sure..." Spark twiddled her thumbs as she spoke.

Ed chuckled. "No need to be shy. I wpn't bite." He walked behind the cpunter and opened the door for her. "Come on in. Just be careful what you touch. A lot of hot and sharp things back here."

"Okay..." The magic child followed him into the forge.

Ed minfar was slow, kind, and methodical in his tour. He carefully explained everything they saw, multiple times in need be. He had a big smile the whole time. As they looked over some of his favorite weapons, he asked, "So you know how to fight, kid?"

"Kinda... Not very well though..." Spark muttered.

"Oh, yeah? Well, we all have to start somewhere." Ed landed on the ground. "What kind of weapons can you use? Or do you fight with magic only?"

"I have a weapon... But a man named Sancros has it and won't give it back until I'm trained..." Spark explained to Ed.

"I see. Well, training is important. Otherwise, you could hurt yourself." Ed took a step towards her. There was a creaking noise, and her prosthetic knee gave out, causing him to fall flat on his face.

Spark slowly walked up to the Netzi. "Are you okay mister..."

"Ugh..." Ed pushed up off the ground. "Y-yeah. My connection to my leg has just been a bit fiddly lately." The was a pop, and his prosthetic arm gave out, causing him to fall again. "And my arm," he mumbled painfully.

"Maybe I can help... What are they made out of...?" The young child asked politely.

"Huh?" Ed struggled to sit up. "A special steel alloy. It is conductive of the natural magical energy in my body, but... well, I'm getting older, and my own output has gone down, and I haven't been able to increase the receptors in the arm or the symbiote enough to compensate."

"It's possible that if I absorb enough energy... I might be able to revitalize you body..." Spark offered hesitant. "I have no idea if it'll work, but I'm willing to try."

"Um... I don't know. We could... give it a try if you want. I don't have much to lose." Ed pointed to one of the counters. "In the second drawer to the left is an energy stone. Go grab it."

Spark walked up to the mentioned drawer and grabbed ahold of the energized stone. Immediately, a surge of energy rushed into her, and the stone went dark. Spark focused the energy into her hand before attempting to funnel it into Ed in a harmless way.

Ed's antenna perked up, and his fur stood on end. "Whoa! This... this is incredible!"

Spark suddenly got dizzy as she slowly lost control of the energy flow. Without meaning too, she increased the power of the stream and the area around her began to crumble to the power.

A few smaller energy stone popped, and smaller constructs started to move on their own. Ed's heart beat faster and faster as more energy surged into him. "S-Spark! Y-y-you n-nnnneed to s-sssslow d-d-downnnnnn!"

"I... I can't! It's too much! I don't know how to control it!" Spark plead, seeming to be crying as she channeled the energy.

Edminfar could feel his heart racing. He briefly wondered if this was how he was going to die. "The... th-the stone... concentrate... on... ssssstone... channel... e-e-energy... you can... d-d-do it...."

Before Spark could hear the words, she screeched out in agony. The energy stream collasped along with the magical child.

Ed slumped in his chair, panting heavily. "Geez... guess I shoulda... checked with Erin... first..." He slowly got down and knelt by Spark, several other workers gathering around. "You okay, kid?"

Spark was shivering on the ground, the pain lingering through her body. Her eyes opened wide and breath increasingly heavy.

"Come on, speak to me, Spark." Ed ordered some of the workers to grab a doctor. "Are you alright? Can you hear me?"

Spark let out a weak cough as her shaking eyes shifted towards Ed... As if the sheer movement caused her agony. Several men and women came in and moved Spark to the infirmary, one of the doctors giving her something to knock her out. She awoke several hours later to the tail end of Erin screaming at Ed and berating him. When she was finished,she walked into the room to check on Spark.

Spark body still shivered uncontrollably from under the blankets. Her eyes still wide open, showing no signs of closing soon. Erin replaced a large energy stone next to her bed and rubbed Spark's head. "It's okay, dear. We are stabilizing the magic in your system. You should be better soon. Does it still hurt?"

Spark seemed still unresponsive as she layed in her paralyzed state. Erin sighed and sat down, staying by Sparks side as the magic inside her body slowly stabilized.

"What... Am I?" Spark managed to barely squeaked out of her mouth.

Erin jumped slightly, coming out of being half asleep. "Spark? Are you okay? What did you say?"

"What am I?" Spark muttered once more, still in her shocked state.

Erin gave her a sad look. "I'm... still trying to figure that out. From what I can tell, you're... well, you're almost like pure energy given physical form. You're a conductor for energy and magic, and there is so much of it locked away inside you, it is hard for you to control. But you'll get there. You just need time, and to avoid moronic old men who ask you to do dangerous things."

Spark stared at Erin as a tear rolled down her stunned cheek.

"Oh, don't cry honey!" Erin quickly wiped her cheeks. "It doesn't matter what you are. You're a bunch of sentient energy, I'm a vertically challenged rabbit woman, Eliza is a rapidly growing demon, and Ed is a perverted old man who doesn't know how to act around children. We all have the things about us we can control and the things we can't. It doesn't matter what you are, it only matters what you do with your life."

An explosion echoed from a great distance. The sound was quite in the manor, but it's magnitude was clearly large... And Earth shaking.

Erin looked up from the girl, scratching between her ears. "I... wonder what that was..."

"Ma... ma?" Spark muttered quietly.

Erin looked back, and ran her hand through the girl's hair. "Get some sleep, okay? You'll be on your feet in no time."

"Okay... Mama..." Spark, though slightly delusional, did has she was told and closed her eyes and relaxed her body. Erin smiled, kissing her head and sitting back down.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dahlexpert & ZombieSplitter53
Hear Me Out...

Havenbrook manor
Oct 28 3349

Elma road on her horse, she spent days looking for her brother. As well as taking out Hastur followers. Elma looked down and thought to herself." Charter were are you, this isn't like you, you don't just up and leave out of know were." Once Elma reached reached the manor, she went strait to Esmerelda medical room." And how is my favorite sister in law doing to day?"

Esmeralda looked up from her book, narrowing her eyes. "I'm not your sister-in-law. I would have to marry Charter for that to happen."

"Ou come on now don't be like that, I know you and Charter will get marred some day we just gotta find him." Elma reached into her bag and pulled out some books. " Here Es I figured it get's boring in here, so I figured you could use something to pass the time."

She smiled softly and took the books, but let out a long sigh. "Did you have any luck finding out where he went?"

Elma sighed."No, I don't get it. He left Slone here and none of the horses are gone, he didn't go home and Mina didn't give him an assignment. I don't understand no one just disperses in a matter of minutes." Elma went to the side of the room." And he left his sword, so the question is were the hell did he go."

"He abandoned us." Esmeralda pulled her legs close. "Probably because he cheated on me and couldn't face me. Well, I have news for him. I cheated right back... sorta. I guess I couldn't cheat on him... if I didn't consider us together, but it sorta is because he... doesn't... the point is, I slept with someone else! And... a-a-and I enjoyed it!"

Elma eyes widen in shock, she looked like she was gonna shout at her but she lowered her head. "Es in case if Charter doesn't come back can I tell you how he was the entire time you were gone?"

Esmeralda folded her arms. "Okay. Go ahead."

"The day you were taken, Charter put on a front. You sister was crying and blaming herself because it wasn't her that was taken, Charter told her to stay strong. But the moment he got back to the manor I could hear him crying, he cried for days punching holes in the walls of his room. Then he trained for weeks, with his still injured body day and night." Elma started to biol her fist.

Esmeralda pulled her legs closer. "If... if he cared so much... why did he cheat on me? Why did... why did he abandon me when I needed him most? I... it isn't right..."

"Because he knew being around you will make you more corrupt, see I haven't gotten to the worst of it. I don't know why he cheated on you, but there I know this when Mina told us we will go to war with Hastu that was all Charter needed. His grief, his sadness and bitterness that he felt when you were taken turned into anger and spite and blood lust. he butchered the cultist, when we first hunted them down I saw him do something I never thought he do." Tears started to come down her face and she started to shake.

Es gave her a worried look. "What... w-what did he do?"

"He...He tortured them, the first high priest we found he asked were you were, when he didn't tell him he broke his a finger when he continued not to tell him he broke more and more of his fingers then moved on to his arms, legs until he finally told he he had know idea were you were and Charter killed him. This went on for weeks until you were rescued, i'm guessing that's why he left he didn't want you to see the monster he became."

"Oh, gods..." Esmeralda held her hands over her head. "It's my fault. I... I made him that way."

"No you didn't." Elma hugged Esmerelda. "Hastu did this to you both, but Es I'm guessing that's why he left. You must be strong for him yourself but most of all." Elma put her hand over Esmerelda stomach." You must be strong for this, who knows what your corruption is doing to this baby of you gotta be strong Es. Listen Charter leaving had to be the hardest thing he did, but i'm confident that he will be back."

Es nodded, and placed a hand on her stomach. "I didn't even think about what this might do to the baby. What... what if it makes my child... evil?"

"Hum let me try something, thought i'm sure she won't answer thought." Elma stood up and looked at her bracelet. "Lusbie, I don't know if your watching me but can you please help me with this?"

There was an audible yawn that seemed to come from no where, and a portal opened, and the Goddess of Compassion stepped into the room. "You wanted something..." Lusbie looked over Esmeralda, her hairs standing on end. "Who... is your... friend?"

Elma hugged the goddess of compassion. "You actually came, this is Esmerelda she's my well soon to be sister-in-law. Es this is the goddess of compassion. Lusbie."

Es gave her a small wave. Lusbie leaned in close and whispered, "You friend... sister... whatever is corrupted by a Old One's magic..."

"Yea we know that, she was captured by Hastu and corrupted were trying to work on that. But do you think you can look at her baby, and see what's happening with it? We need to know."

Lusbie scratched her head. "Her baby? Um... yeah, I think so." She walked over to Esmeralda and placed her hand over the Light Elf's belly. "Anything in particular tgat I'm looking for?"

"If the baby is corrupted at all, and to what degree. If the child is corrupted how much and can we do something about it, I don't want my niece or nephew to be evil right off the bat."

"That would be bad, I agree." Lusbie concentrated, trying to remember what the god of birth taight her. "Huh... well, that's interesting."

"Interesting good?" Es asked hesitantly. "Or i-interesting... bad?"

"Um... both?" Lusbie stepped back. "There is corruption there, right on the cusp of flowing over, but... but there is also a light. Like... a shield of magic protecting the baby from the corruption. So, for now at least, the child is safe."

"Ha tough little thing, seems like the baby might have some magic in them once there out." Elma then remembered what she did to Es when trying to heal her with her bracelet." Um Lusbie, is your magic around the child is it that little barrier?"

"Hmm?" Lusbie checked again. "Huh... yeah, a little. A mix of Esmeralda's and my own. I don't remember doing that, though."

Elma laughed nervously."Um that would be me, see when Es first came back she got a lot of bad news at once and her corruption got the better of her. So I used the bracelet you gave me and some light magic to help heal Es, looks like it did more than that." Elma putting her hand over her head.

Esmeralda smiled at her. "Thank you, Elma. If there is anything I can do to pay you back, just name it."

“When Character comes back, hear him out please. You both have been hurt by Hastu and turned into something horrible, please help him the same way he helped you.”

Esmeralda frowned and looked down. "What if... he hurts me again, though? What if I flip and hurt him? What if me being like this enables him to flip out and be angry again. What if... we're ruined?"

Elma looked at the goddess of compassion and Esmeralda.” Es you love my brother don’t you?”

Esmeralda looked away. "Part of me... part of me hates him. Part of me never wants to see him again. But..." She closed her eyes. "Yeah... I-I still... part of me still loves him."

“Then be strong for him damn it, think of All the good he’s down for you. He waged a one man war just to find you, just be strong for him you and Character give everyone in your lives a second chance why not yourselves for once?”

Esmeralda slowly nodded. "Alright. We'll... talk. You know... when, and if, he comes back."

Elma grabbed Esmeralda hand.” He’ll be back I know he will m, he loves you too much to not come back.” Elma then raised her eyebrow and looked at the goddess of compassion.” Um you haven’t happened to see my brother have you?”

"Hmm?" Lusbie rubbed her chin. "No, I don't think so. But I can ask around, I guess."

"Thank you, i'm thinking if Charter isn't around here he may be in the land of the gods training himself up. If he's there then he's training himself to protect you Es." Elma held Es stomach." He will come back for you I know he will, now in the mean time. I might we might be able to make that barrier stronger for your baby if we work together."

Esmeralda nodded. "I'd like that, Elma. Thank you." She reached over, giving Elma a tight hug.

Elma hugged her back." Of course were family, that's what were here for." Elma thought to herself. Charter please come back home, I know your out there please Es needs you.

ExoGrim

ExoGrim and Frostlich1228
A Question of Trust and Faith

The Light Elf with long flowing hair, Natessrah, made her way through the halls of the lab, interested in finding a certain large bodyguard to ask him for directions.

Gravic was just walking out of the security room as he noticed the lab tech. "Tess... What brings you here?"

"Hey look... Do you mind if I talk to that girl you have locked up? Just want to get some testimony, you understand."

"I don't see why not... Just know that if you let her free, you'll have a lot more then me to deal with."

"I am very aware dear. I have no intention." Tess waved off.

"Very well..." The large man led her to the prison bay without saying another word.

Making her way into the prison, hers eyes scanned quickly around for the Woman she was looking for.

"Another visitor? Doc must be generous today." A eeary laugh echoed throughout the bay. "Not that he can help it anyway"

"He didn't send me I came on my own." The Woman walked further in. "My name Tess, I'm new here. I wanted to get your testimony on what happened."

"And why should I give you that information?" Cynthia chuckled at the light elf. "Considering why you're here... Tess."

"Because I want to know?" Tess replied simply. "And who knows, you might convince me."

"Well... Things are not as they seem." The traitor remarked gleely. "Have you ever wondered who is really in charge here?"

She tapped her chin. "No. Not really."

"You'd be surprised how powerless the Doctor really is..." The woman let out a spine chilling grin.

"Okay... Now I'm intrigued... Go on..." Tess pulled up a chair.

"Doc may had started this organization... But he by no means owns it... Not since they found the woman he cares for the most."

"And who's this 'they' you are referring to?" The Light Elf asked.

"How am I supposed to know?" Cynthia shrugged. "I just work here."

Tess scoffed. "So this isn't fact? You don't know for sure, it's just a conspiracy theory?"

"I may not know... But she does." The traitor remarked as she pointed at the ceiling.

Tess rolled her eyes, "And who is 'she'?"

"The woman you've been trying to steal power from." Cynthia let out a wide grin.

"Woman eh?" Tess smirked, rolling her wrist. "Go on."

"You're just as blind as the rest of them aren't ya?" Cynthia cackled loudly.

"No no... You just seem... Very trustworthy and not in any way a crazy Psycho..." The Light Elf shrugged, leaning back in her chair.

Cynthia leaned up against the bars in front of her. "Trustworthy eh? In that case... can you do me a favor?"

"Don't ask me to let you out and I'll consider it." Tess prefaced simply.

"Tell Doc this for me..." The white haired traitor requested. "When the darkest light shows in the brightest night... The demon will return and hell will follow."

"Cryptic... Do you say anything normally?" Tess chuckled to herself.

"The only thing normal in this world is death itself." Cynthia stated with a dark laugh.

"Yeah... Okay." The Elf stood up. "I see this conversation is going nowhere... I was going to ask you if you knew anything about this Woman..."

"Oh aren't you just adorable..." Cynthia looked at Tess's eyes. "Thinking that I don't know anything about the woman who saved my life."

"Well that's interesting... Go on..." The White Haired Elf sat down again.

"She is the very energy that you are constantly trying to manipulate." Cynthia continued.

"So this energy is a woman?" She began to take notes. "Interesting if true."

"Like this organization ever focused on truth... All those greedy slugs want are money, power and the ability to recreate science." The traitor spat. "Since they already have two of those... Doc can't challenge them."

"Do you think this energy source is nature based at all?" The New Girl asked.

"Nature based?" The ghostly looking woman laughed manically. "Lady we wouldn't have nature if she wasn't here to protect our world. She feeds Terra Dolar it's energy... She has done it ever since her creator left the seat of the gods."

"Then maybe we should use her. I've heard first hand the horror this world disguises as nature." Her eyes unfocused, going wide.

A small cut ran across Tess's cheek, coming from seeming no where. "Anyone who would dare use her as a tool is no better then the monsters that plague this world." Cynthia said, her voice suddenly turning venomous.

Tess almost kicked the chair away. "You bitch..."

"Did you honestly think that this cage was enough to hold me?" The venom in the traitors tone echoed through the room. "I could kill you right now if I really wanted to."

Tess' hair sparked slightly, gripping the metal bar of her cage. "So could I..."

"So now we're at a stalemate... Give you one of two options..." The wick grin returned to Cynthia's face. "Fight me and risk your own life for your hideous research. Or help me get Spark here and maybe redeem yourself."

"You want to know something? I don't even really care about the research... I just want to use her to destroy a particular Monster Goddess..." Tess' hand trembled against the bars, an obvious sign of sustained mental trauma. "I'll turn her into a weapon... A weapon strong enough to kill a God... Ahusirra... Can't be allowed to exist in this world any longer..."

"In that case... You are of no use to me!" A sudden wave of pure wind energy sent Tess flying and shattered every bar that composed her prison. "Prepare to be sliced to ribbons like the rest of these arrogant science freaks!"

"Dammit..." She looked at her hsnd, still clutching a metal bar now broken from the cage. She threw it, using her lightning to shoot it forward like a rain gun. "Gravic! She's out!"

"Fuck..." Gravic muttered as he punched down the door to the prison bay. "You're not getting out of here so easily."

"Ah... Gravic... enjoying your new skin?" This comment from the traitor caused the large man to freeze.

"How did you..."

Cynthia laughed in glee. "I've always known... I was Doc's second hand woman after all."

"Great... Just Shut up and knock this bitch out, I'm not done with her!" Natessrah ran forward low to the ground, scraping her hand along it and building energy in her palm, releasing it into a huge electrical blast towards Cynthia.

A large scythe craved itself out of the wall and into Cynthia's hands, releasing a powerful wave of slicing wind energy. Tess was merely pushed away since she was too low to the ground to be cut in anyway, but the blasts too off both of Gravic's arms.

Her eyes widened, her hands beginning to shake uncontrollably but she steadied herself, she was strong, she could do This. She gather energy for a bolt of lighting and fired, the white hot energy branching off towards Cynthia's heart.

With a flick of her wrist, the wind redirected the bolt and slammed it into the wall, before she dashed out of the room into the hallways.

Tess clenched her fists. "Fuck!"

She ran out after Cynthia, calling every guard or scientist they were on high alert, the prisoner was running rampant.

Cynthia darted through the halls, killing any guard in her way.

Tess stamped her foot, quickly taking a detour down another hallway to run to where she remembered the Doc's office to be.

Doc had just left his office when he noticed Tess. "Something the matter? Your labcoat is all tattered."

"Fuck... It's that traitor bitch, she broke out, she's way more powerful than I thought! She's cutting a swath through everything on her way out!" Tess explained quickly, her hand shaking even more.

The Doctor gritted his teeth, his eyes focusing on the hallway. "Cynthia needs to be stopped... No matter the cost."

"And how exactly are we going to do that?" Tess pressured.

"Leave that too me..." Doc stated with a venomous tone far too similar to Cynthia's.

"You mean you yourself? What do you even do?" The Light Elf asked with skepticism.

Doc merely walked down the hall, the light within it slowly disappearing.

She just grumbled her herself, following at a brisk pace behind him.

"What's got you so grumpy." Tess heard Gravic's voice behind her.

"What do you mean? The person I was questioning booked it!" Tess looked back. "And why aren't you chasing her?"

Gravic still had his arms... But they were silver, metallic looking. His skin where his shoulders connected to his body was flayed, but not bleeding. "I'm not one to mess with those two..."

"What the hell..." Tess looked closer. "Are... You have metal arms?"

Gravic glared at the light elf. "You have no reason to know what I am."

"Well I can't exactly just forget this..." She crossed her arms.

"Doc will educate you later." Gravic muttered.

"So what happened to Cynthia?" Tess mocked.

"You're asking too many questions..." Gravic turned his back to Tess. "Maybe Doc was wrong about you."

She narrowed her eyes. "Fine. Don't tell me. But I won't be down talked by a brute like you."

Gravic approached the scientist and stared her down. "I've been fighting longer then you've been alive."

"I'd suggest you back down. You weren't much help against her either..." She held her ground.

A massive explosion echoed above them. "Looks like they've already started." The brute looked up at the ceiling. "Now... Are you going to be a nice little labtech or are you going to be a bitch?"

"I'm always a bitch. It's part of my charm." She turned around and headed up towards the noise.

"In that case..." Tess suddenly felt a hard fist slam her head into the floor.

As she got the ground, she felt a trickle of blood run down her nose. "You... Little fucking bastard..."

She suddenly reached out, grabbing his leg. Her eyes glowed and she began pumping him with enough energy to paralyze a normal man for a few minutes.

However, Gravic was no normal man. His muscles grew, including his metallic arms. He took an iron grip on Tess's arm and chucked her across the hallway. "Your magic is useless against me, so I'll ask again... Will you be a nice labtech or are we doing this the hard way?"

ExoGrim

A Question of Truth and Faith Part 2

She got up slowly, "Fuck you."

She suddenly formed two blades of razor sharp air, slashing them out of her arms towards Gravic's metal limbs with the intent to remove them.

The blades tore through his right arm, but not before he placed his other fist into her gut. He reeled back a few feet but stood firm as the energy in his body slowly rebuilt his arm. "Is that all you've got? For creators and miracle workers, you humans are always a disappointment."

She gasped, grinding her teeth. "You fucking piece of shit! Absorb this!"

She sparked everything she had into her hands, her rage and adrenaline fueling her power even more as she went a massive white hot bolt of Lightning into her with both her hands. The hallway light blew from the discharge of the blinding attack, Sparks and errant electrical magic crackled in the air. The Superheated air between them formed a huge steamcloud as Tess huffed, the smoke beginning to dissipate before her.

As the cloud settled, vision of Gravic on his hands and knees emerged to view. His body twitched as electrical energy leaked out of him. "You always were a complete bitch. I told Doc not to trust you... But as always, humans never listen!"

"I was about to leave when you hit me you idiot..." She panted and panted, a smile on her cheeks. "Look who's strong now?"

The ground shook when Gravic slammed his fist into the floor, piercing the metal coating. "No one leaves until I say they can! This facility was built off secrecy and discipline... I will not let some uneducated bitch destroy that!" He slowly got to his feet as his skin peeled off of his body, revealing a second, metallic skin underneath. "Since you humans don't know when to quit... Then I won't either."

"Leave to deal with the intruder you..." Her voice trailed off as she saw the true form of his body. "You're some kind of.... Machine? A Construct?"

Yes, I am a construct... What of it?" Gravic remarked, his body still damaged from the overcharge.

She chuckled. "No way... And here I was talking to a hunk of junk all this time. Where's your Master metal man?"

"Darlom is long dead... I made sure of it." The construct rolled his shoulders and got into a fighting stance once more. "You gonna sit there and stall or are you going to prove me wrong about your pathetic kind?"

"Do you want to die? Go do your job you hunk of Junk and find Cynthia already." She attempted to shoot him off.

Gravic chuckled. "I know exactly where she is.. fighting Doc at ground level as we speak. I would be a fool to let anyone interfere."

"And you think he can handle her on his own?" Natessrah sighed, shaking her head.

"Exactly my point..." Gravic gear made grin widened. "With Doc out of the picture, there will be no one left to stop her from eradicating your kind. As we speak, the Spark child is being dealt with and the chemicals that you scientists ever so blindly placed into the powers mind are starting to take effect. All life on this world will be destroyed... And you can't stop it."

Her eyes widened slightly. "So that's what's going on... You're malfunctioning..."

She clapped her hands together, "This is why you don't give machines emotion... So if that's the way it's going to be Machine... Then obey your Masters and get out of my way..."

"Make me..." Gravic glared at the scientist.

"I think I will..." The frail looking girl cracked her knuckles, her fingers shaking lightly. "Ready when you are you bucket of bolts..."

Gravic charged forward, a fist raised and ready to plunge into her face.

Taking what she learned from her self defense classes she pivoted on one foot and dodged around the fist, she then took one her hands and grappled his wrist while the other pressed into his back, using her own forward momentum to bring him down to the ground.

The weight of the brute's metal body broke the reinforce floor upon impact. Mere moments after falling, the constructed man was already attempting to get back to his feet. "You won't win!"

However, he began to feel the power in his body drain rapidly as the arm holding his wrist pulled away. Tess was pulling the electricity out of his body and pointing the other hand backwards, shot the lightning back out of her, carving a huge groove in the ceiling as it branched out.

As Gravic looked back, he saw the electricity lighting up her entire body a bright yellow and he could swear he could almost make out her skeleton.

The lost of energy caused his body to give way. The machine's arms collapsed and his body fell back into the rock. "You can't stop thi-" Mid sentence, Gravic coughed up a red goo... Blood? From a construct?

Tess screamed out as the sight caused her to lose some control, causing lightning to lick up her body and burn her face. However, she continued what she was doing, "I'll... Power you off..."

After a few more minutes of agony, Gravic finally lost what remained of his power and became motionless. A small stream of blood leaked out of his open lips... The origin of said blood still unknown.

Tess huffed as she pulled back, her hair sparking with magic. She had a branching electricity burn scar going up her neck and her clothes were slightly smoking.

She looked down at her hand, the appendage still glowing yellow and sparking. She quickly checked Gravic, to see what the source of the blood was.

There were no signs of veins in the construct's system... But upon opening his chest, there was a small yellow Mana crystal... And a large, still beating heart. The heart was too large to be that of any of the civil races of Terra.

As she opened it, she looked down and saw her hands, still yellow and translucent as they sparked with power. Tess silently cursed, she knew what this was... Wind Corruption...

She could feel the magic in her body increasing steadily and she knew if it increased too much for her body to hold, she would likely get sick and die. In a brief moment of panic, a sudden idea hit her as she began to actively discharge the energy from her body into the air around her, small crackling bolts surrounding her. This was merely a bandaid fix however, she would have to continuously discharge energy until she found a way to stabilize it somehow.

She knew if she reached in she might run the risk of restarting him, so she cursed to herself and made her way up to the Doctor and Cynthia's fight.

As she did so, a elf sized object plummeted through the ceiling and into the ground. As the dust cleared, the Doctor became visible... But he looked different. His body had bone like spines sticking out of it and two large, leathery wings. His hands had been replaced with sharp, metal like claws and a lashing tail. Upon looking at his face, his normally green eyes we're a dark, crimson red.

Tess huffed. "What the hell? Does everyone here... Have crazy secrets..."

Doc's body slowly reformed back into it's "normal" state as he smashed the ground with his fist. "Dammit! How could I let that bitch blindside me like that! If the council finds out..." His expression went from anger to fear in almost an instant. "No... I can't let that happen... I won't let them take her from me!"

The Glowing now sparking woman made her way up to him, huffing. "Need help?"

"We need to head to Sarasam... If what Cynthia said is correct... We now face possible annihilation." His gaze shifted towards Gravic's downed body. "I should've known you would betray me... Gravic."

"Yeah... He really glitched out... But... What is he? I thought he was a construct but... He has a heart..." Natessrah looked over.

"A prototype made many years ago by a strong magitech creator." The Doc explained. "Made using the heart of a Demon... Instead of a magical focus."

"The hell... And you would seriously trust that?" The Light Elf questioned.

"That heart was my father's..." Doc lowered his gaze sadly. "I thought that maybe now... He would see me for who I am."

"You're Father is a De- Okay... What are we going to do then? We have a unconscious traitor and a fleeing Traitor." The Electrified Woman pointed out.

"I know this is my fault... I lost my facility to power hungry tyrants, I put my trust and faith in a psychopath and a demon machine... Hell, I even put everyone's lives in danger by not properly containing Cynthia. That being said, will you help me fix what I have ruined, Natessrah?" The doctor looked down at his tattered lab coat. "I'll explain everything you want me to."

"Then explain what is up with this power source? Everything you know." The Snow White Haired Woman crossed her arms.

"We don't know much about the sphere... But we have reason to believe she was created by a Goddess that we had forgotten through time. We think her creator abandoned her seat on the Pantheon, but creator this source of power in order to protect this world. One thing that always threw me off, though... Was that she doesn't have a name. Not that all of this matters. The council demanded that I go through with the project anyway... Threatening to kill Elizabeth if I told anyone the truth about her."

"A Goddess outside the Pantheon? Sounds familiar..." Tess recalled her time in forest.

"From what she... Told me, This goddess left the Pantheon and this world when she made the source."

"Hmm... And is what Cynthia says true? It's a person?" She clenched her fists to stop her hands from jittering.

"She's sentient... But she is no person." Doc corrected, taking off his labcoat and shirt. Behind the clothes were well defined muscles covered his fresh scars. "She lacks the emotions and the trust that we have. And according to my theory... She is going to wipe us out, not from anger, but from the conclusion that we are too dangerous to keep alive."

ExoGrim

A Question of Truth and Faith Part 3

"I believe you. I came here myself because I hoped I could use whatever opportunity you presented to help kill a God..." Tess told him plainly.

Doc sighed. "I built this facility to help people who were plagued by monsterous forces... Starting with myself. In the end it seems I just become the monster who ended all of humanity."

"We can catch her. That crazy bitch is still Mortal, right?" Tess smiled, walking up to him, causing his hair to stand on end. "I'm with you."

"Cynthia isn't our concern anymore... And knowing her she'd help us if we found her. In the meantime, I would like you to go to the manor of the Havenbrook family and ask for Erin Starstorm. Not only will she be able to locate the Spark child... According to the Institute's records on her, she might be able to deal with your corruption... If only temporary." Doc cracked his neck twice. "I'm going to make sure Lizzy is okay and meet you there."

"And we are taking this child for ourselves?" Tess asked.

"If you have to... Then yes. Hopefully they can be reasonable." Doc took on his demonic form once more. "And if you must know, I was born half demon... My mother was an elf. I managed to figure out how to use my magic to keep my demon traits contained in my body."

She sighed. "Do you have anything immediate? Something I can pump energy into that uses up power just as fast"

"I have this..." The half breed pulled out a small syringe. "This will temporarily surpress the magic in your blood... Nullifying your corruption at the cost of making your magic useless."

"I might actually need to fight you know... Any thing better? Any batteries you need charged?" Tess denied quickly.

"The only other option would be to dump as much energy as you can back into Gravic before I kill him." Doc wiped the blood off his shoulder. "But that might make things a bit harder."

"Kill him huh? Can't you just reprogram him?" Tess asked.

Doc led out a second sigh. "Even if I did... My father's blood would just take control again. The only way to stop that would be to kill him for good."

"Then I defer to your judgement. Do what you think is best..." The Light Elf looked down at the large metal man.

"Load him up... I'll kill him after you head out." Doc readjusted his glasses.

Tess shook her head."I probably shouldn't touch him. I might accidentally power him up..."

"It either that or you inject my numbing agent inside yourself." The man reminded Tess.

"Fine... I'll pump as much power back into Gravic as possible. I just hope you can deal with him..." Tess walked over.

"Best of luck to you..." Doc prepared himself for the upcoming fight.

Tess pressed into his back again, but stopped. "What if we... Convinced him we saved him because you love him? It's worth a shot right? Who knows, it might work..."

"My father slaughtered villages... My mother was lucky he kept her as a sex toy." Doc growled. "I have finally realized that he is not redeemable..."

She held her hand above him... "Then do you want get a last word in to him?"

"Words are meaningless here." Doc remarked. "He'll know what I mean when the last thing he sees is my claw in his chest."

"Ready..." Natessrah began to pulse the Electricity back into him, it coming faster than she expected.

Doc didn't hesitate at all, thrusting his claw into Gravic as soon as he stood up. The Demon Elf glared at the construct briefly before crushing it and ripping out the remains.

Tess pulled back, her hand was still glowing with energy, but it was much less so and the increase she felt was much less drastic.

Doc look at Tess. "You'll have to get going to as soon as you can. That only temporarily numbed the corruption... It will build up again soon."

"Alright, I'll make my way towards Havenbrook. I'll contact you right away when I arrive." Tess nodded, taking a long breath.

"See you soon..."

Insane Darkness

And now...
Black0ut
and Insane Darkness present...
A Rallying Call

Heels clicked on the ground as a woman walked through the halls of the Regallis mansion. She smiled at each powerful warrior she passed, giving them each a nod and they gave her one in return. For an Ophidian, she was well-respected, something that isn’t very common with her kind that she owes specifically to her Lord. Her long black hair blew in the distance, her black scales resting on her darker skin reflecting light as she walked. She stopped walking once she reached the study, opening the double doors wide. “Milord, the time has come.”

Graeme put a pair of speckled glasses down, a piece of parchment also lowered. “Cecilia… you don’t have to say ‘Milord’. We’ve been friends since childhood.” He started as he got up.

“Lord Graeme, that is no way to speak to your housekeeper. How many times must I remind you? You are not allowed to speak so formally with me. You are only allowed to do so when I am not being paid. Which is never. Because I’m always working for you. Now, do you want me to call the troops or will you do so personally?” She strutted over to him, giving him an irritated glance before tidying up his clothing. “How long have you been in here? My goodness…” she muttered.

“A few hours, give or take. I had to view the financial reports for the towns under my domain, and the barons who adhere to me… they complain far too much. ‘Graeme, please give me more money’, ‘Graeme, would your son be interested in my daughter?’ or worst of all, ‘Graeme, you must give us time to yadda yadda bleh.’ I swear if this was not my duty as Lord Regallis, I’d have done away with it years ago…” He complained, his deep voice more than likely going echoing in the hallways. His frown turned into a smile as he lifted his friend off the ground. “Besides, you have yet to call me an asshole. Better do it, lest I be late…”

“I am not allowed to say such negative things about you, milord. If I seem to give off that kind of impression, I will have to change the way I act.” she stated, as if doing such a thing only took a few seconds. She glared down at him, having less of an effect due to the heights now being switched between them. “And if these barons and townspeople are giving you so much stress, then you should really allow me to deal with them. Now, do you want me to give you a quick massage before we leave or are you just going to hold me up here forever?”

“I don’t know… You haven’t called me an asshole yet...” He said in a singsong voice, a big goofy smile on his face. “If you do, I might begin to be formal again…”

“You’re… occasionally unpleasant. Like right now. Please do not ask me to be so curt towards you. It’s really something I’d rather not do.” she insisted, her tone growing a little more firm.

“Please?” Graeme asked, his voice dropping to a whisper, as the smile started to fade. “This might be the last time I see you, after all…”

“I’ll make a deal with you, then: you let me down, I will call you… that… when I see you leaving for battle. I still have to follow you around until you leave.”

“Fair enough…” He said, setting her down before giving her a big hug. “If I don’t come back, please take care of my children for me…”

“I will take over the responsibilities of Mrs. Regallis. You have my word, you old softie.” She hugged him back, a small smile slowly appearing on her face. “You never change, big guy…” she whispered to herself.

“Thank you… I’m lucky I have a friend even half as good as you.” He whispered before letting her go. He glanced back at the papers. “Well… as to your offer earlier… there is one guy you could go visit… Baron of Londale. His last message regarding me asking him for help was rather… inappropriate and rude. So, if you can talk to him for me, I’d appreciate it. Just… don’t hurt him, okay? You do have a bad habit with that…”

“Is this one of your ‘I have a job for you, but really I want you to try to date this guy’ schemes? But if you’re being serious, can I at least make him bleed? Just a little?” Her attitude shifted rather quickly from serious to overly happy, her scales seemingly more reflective with the change.

“Only if he tries to hurt you. I don’t need another reason for the council to breathe down my neck…” He said firmly, booping her nose. “And if it’s that bad, I have given you almost a year’s worth of vacation time… you can go and work on bounties… so no murder, at least, not yet.”

“Ohh, council-schmouncil. Who needs ‘em?” Cecilia shrugged, her demeanor more one of a murderous six-year-old than a young-looking 49-year-old. “Maybe we could remove them as a whole…” she muttered, a devilish grin spreading across her face. She seemed so child-like that it was as if the vacation comment just meant nothing to her.

“No killing the council. We’ve talked about this. They ensure stability and even though most are pompous asses, killing them is far worse. If you do, I’ll send you on a date with another strapping young man.” He grinned evilly, cracking his knuckles slowly. “And I’ll make sure he’s a romantic and lovesick fool over you.”

“Yuck! Well, maybe the council members’ children could be tortured to lead them into our favor…”

“The last three you tried that with either A, killed themselves, B, Became an adventurer, or C, started hounding after you asking you to make him ‘feel good again’. I believe we don’t need a repeat, seeing as he could be outside the door right now…” Graeme countered, crossing his arms and shaking his head.

“Oh come onnnnnnnnnnugh! I’ve been devising some more torture techniques that would make an assassin break like a pregnant woman. And last guy number C kinda… creeped me out. I should really watch out for the masochists...” Cecilia quickly looked up, her expression changing from slightly dissuaded to overjoyed. “Well, at least these victims would be children!”

“No, Cecilia. Or I will give that boy all the locations of all your torture locations and hideouts.” He threatened, as he leaned down to hug her. “No random murders or hurting people who don’t deserve it… okay?”

“Too many stipulations…” she complained bitterly, hugging him back. “You’re an asshole, you big dummy…”

He chuckled, hugging her a bit tighter. “Yes, yes. I am the biggest asshole on the face of Terra Dolor, my best friend. Whatever will you do without me?” He pulled back only to boop her nose.

The face that came from within the hug was one of ultimate regret. The boop didn’t seem to help matters much either. “Gods, I hate that personality of mine! Grr… I wish she’d rot in Hell! So… annoying and… uncultured… inappropriate… Damn it all!” Cecilia stomped on the ground, pushing herself away from Graeme so as to not hurt him with the ice shards that appeared from doing so.

He quickly gathered her up into another hug. “Take it out on me. I can handle your rage.” He said quietly, his voice serious.

“There is a reason why my magic is called ‘Absolute Zero’, Graeme. I will kill you. If you give me a moment, I will be fine… hopefully…” She took a deep breath, leaning her forehead on Graeme’s belly.

“Fine… just…. I don’t like seeing you so upset… as I’ve always said, if I can make you feel better through any means, let me know.” He said, rubbing her back with a worried look.

“And every time you say that, it sounds more and more dirty…” she muttered, burying her face in his shirt.

“That’d be weird considering you’re like, no, are family to me.” He chuckled, gently patting her back.

She looked up at him, her attitude back to its normal seriousness. “I believe it’s time we departed. We’ve taken too long with idle chit-chat. Apologies.” She looked down as her finger moved up to one of her teeth, a drop of poison dripping onto it. She moved her hand up to see it, freezing the poison into the shape of a dagger and grabbing it by its hilt. “Let’s head out, milord. I know how much you enjoy hugging my fragile structure, but you have things to do. I promise you can resume this at a later date.”

He sighed, releasing her. “You’re right… You’re always right. I just miss having no responsibilities at all sometimes and you remind me of a more fun and lively time.” Graeme rubbed his grayish-yellow mane.

“You two are adorable, I admit… Especially how you melt into the boss’ arms, Cecilia. Really makes you seem tough.” A voice called out from the doorway, one she knew well.

A quick toss of the dagger and it was floating at the voice’s neck, its cold radiating off of it in waves. “Dante. So glad you could be a nuisance once again. How many times has Graeme kicked your ass now? What is it… 354? Thousand?” Cecilia turned to glare at the man in question, raising the tip of the dagger to cut his chin only slightly.

“Forgot that you like cutting me… you are a kinky one, I must admit. Yeah, Graeme’s beaten me innumerable times, but I wonder who keeps him safe and spends more time with him… besides… I told you that if you wanted to cut me, do it with your fangs, not the ice. It’ll make me feel special.” He taunted as he started moving forward.

A quick flick of her wrist and the dagger cut away at Dante’s armor’s weak points and pulled down his pants in quick succession, revealing his flaccid member. The cold knife held itself against it, holding it in place like it was being displayed in a museum. “Oh, I’ll make you feel special, all right.” she growled, biting at the air to intimidate him.

Insane Darkness

A Rallying Call pt. 2

“Well… as much as I like the foreplay between us, darling, now’s not the time.” He replied, not intimidated in the least. “If you do this again, you might make me think you actually want me in your bedroom, not just on the battleground.” He winked at her, his platelets clinking as he put his arms behind his back.

“Come here, dickhead. I’ll only take a little off the top. A little circumcision never hurt anyone.” she rushed low, her mouth outstretched to catch his penis in her mouth to bite it off.

Grame’s hand caught her and lifted her up, moments before another hand lifted Dante up. “Enough.” He ordered, his voice booming and unfriendly. “This is not acceptable behaviour of either of you.”

“S-sorry, boss.” Came the Armadillo Thrope’s meek response.

“Dammit… And I was so close to biting off his tiny fucking cock…” Cecilia spat, a wad of poison flying out past Dante’s shoulder by a few millimeters. “‘I’m sorry for my attitude. It will never happen again.’ Blah, blah, blah. Love you too, milord…”

“This happens again, you two will be having a little... ‘talk’ with me.” He growled, setting them both down. “Cecilia, go get Dante new armor, and a change of pants… and neither of you will antagonize the other. Understood?”

“As you wish, your Nobleness.” The Armdillo replied, answering in his polite voice.

Cecilia held up another two fingers to her teeth, spawning two more daggers before sending them off to do her work for her. “I am not allowed to leave your side until you’re on the way to the--”

“Cecilia…. I am no longer in the mood for rules.” Graeme interrupted, his eyes hardening as he glared at the both of them.

The three daggers returned as he finished his sentence, pants and a set of armor spread among them. “Here you go, Dante. I brought your stuff for you, as milord asked.” she muttered, dropping his stuff on the floor next to him.

The Thrope quickly shed his pants grabbing the new ones as well as the new armor he’d have to adorn.

“You two will stay here for ten minutes, at which point you may leave. If you hurt one another, or Gods above, kill one another… expect far worse than a lecture.” With that he strode out, leaving the two of them with each other.

With quick thinking and reaction time, she froze the window shut, created a decoy of herself in Graeme’s chair, quickly opened and closed the doors before heavily sealing them shut and hiding over the edge of the second story balcony before Graeme could notice.

“Not to say I don’t like how you disobey our Lord’s orders, but you know if he sees you, you’re going to be in a shitload of trouble, right? I promise I’ll be a far more tolerable asshole then before if you come in” Dante offered, his voice muffled through the frozen door.

Cecilia chose to ignore him, instead focusing on her mission: watching over her Lord. She sidled across the balcony, moving under the floor and freezing her appendages to it only once she knew that Graeme had made it to the stairs.

Graeme appeared to her right after a couple minutes, and waited. In under three to four minutes, a group of seventy men marched into the courtyard, stopping in front of him. He waited until a tall Elf presented himself. “Graeme! It’s been so long, my brother! Why must you ignore me so often? It’s like you’d rather I didn’t exist.”

“Liran, I assure you, it’s the damnable politics and taxes that take up my time. If I could break away from it I would…” He let out a heavy sigh. “Your… two compatriots are upstairs in a room together. Please check on them and escort them out here. Out of the three of my most loyal and trusted allies, you are the one that keeps them from killing each other.”

“Ah, yes. Cecilia the dangerous Ophidian. What a charmer, that one. If you tell her I said that, I will have to hurt you, for I know she’ll hurt me.” The Elf warned Graeme. “As for the other boy… Dante. I don’t get what you see in him, but I have no reason to question your judgement, my friend. Allow me a moment to make it up to your study.” He took a few steps before loudly ordering his men. “Hold position until I return, men!”

Graeme looked at one of the men, before brandishing a wooden sword. “You wouldn’t mind if I did a little light sparring, would you?”

“Please don’t. You would win in a landslide.” Liran called behind him.

Quietly, Cecilia climbed back up the balcony and opened the doors, now completely unfrozen. What faced her was an obedient Dante surrounded by three poisoned daggers. She closed the doors before she raised her eyebrows in surprise. “Huh. I didn’t think you’d just stand there and take it. I’m impressed.”

“Well, you hate me and would relish in my death. Need to get you to kiss me before I die, at the very least.” He retorted, nodding his head at the rocks above her. “And I should say, the most beautiful woman in the land, I don’t like being held at knife point. Even by you. I’ll take away the rocks if you take away the knives. Do you accept, Gorgeous?”

“Reluctantly.” the knives shattered as the door opened, revealing the new arrival. Turning around to the door, Cecilia “noticed” him walking in. “Liran!” she exclaimed in child-like glee, a dagger forming in her hand to strike him.

“Every time with this, Cecilia, my sweets?” Liran grabbed her wrist, twisting it and popping the knife out of her grasp like a piece of toast out of a toaster and grabbing it with his teeth before raising his eyebrows.

“Hey, Liran. Be careful… she’s getting back into biting men’s hardware off.” Dante warned, before he slowly approached. “Need some help?”

“I have this under control.” Liran calmly answered, spinning Cecilia like a top before holding both her hands behind her back and pulling, forcing a high-pitched yelp of pain from the Ophidian. “See?”

“True… but now I must make your life hard…” Dante started, as he moved quickly planting a kiss on the Ophidian’s lips before he booked it out the door with an insane laugh.

At the last second he could, Liran grabbed Dante’s wrist and spun him towards his body, planting a kiss on his lips. “And how do you like it, being kissed without permission?”

“Eh… you’re not my type. Sorry, Liran. Didn’t mind it though.” He shrugged, looking over at Cecilia. “She’s very kissable and very quick to irritate though, so she’s perfect.”

“Oh really?” Liran planted a kiss on the Ophidian’s lips, calming her very irritated expression. “Well, I do believe that I enjoyed you more, Miss Cecilia.” he said with a smile.

“Please. You know that Ophidians are ugly and uncultured. Don’t act like you’re even remotely attracted to me.”

“Well, you are very beautiful, especially when your scales catch the light just right.” Dante noted, before shaking his head. “However… and I hate to be the voice of reason, the longer we’re here, the longer Graeme gets to beat the shit out of your men… with a wooden sword.”

“Oh shit…” Liran quickly dashed out the door, jumping over the railing of the balcony before he landed on a layer of solid ice that travelled down in a staircase, leading to the pile of bodies groaning on the floor. “What did they start saying?”

“They thought I wasn’t that dangerous… Three of them betted me ten gold each that I couldn’t take everyone. So I took everyone. They almost nicked me with their weapons. Almost.” Graeme explained, the wooden sword cracked in almost every single spot on it.

“Stop getting into fights, Graeme.” came a shout from above, the culprit being an insane Dante holding an irritated Ophidian.

“You will die by my hand one day…” said Ophidian muttered, creating an ice slide for the two of them to land on.

“Easier said than done.” Liran admitted, unable to hear the Ophidian’s comment.

“Perhaps… and I look forward to that day, Beautiful.” The Armadillo flirted, kissing her cheek before they reached the bottom. He released her before raising an eyebrow at the Noble. “Your shirt is ripped to shit.”

“I couldn't move well in it.” He answered with a shrug before turning to Liran. “You ready for a hell of battle, old friend?”

Liran finally stepped off the final step of the staircase before it shattered to a billion pieces. “I wouldn’t be here otherwise.”

Cecilia’s feet emanated a frosty aura. “Do you wish for me to stay here until you come back? I could send my maids to do the work you asked of me.” she asked Graeme.

“I… I want you to go and have fun. Do that assignment personally for me and then go on some bounty hunting.” He ordered softly.

Dante patted her back and gave her a smile. “Good hunting.”

“I’ll look for Titania while I’m out, milord. I will bring her to you if I find her. If you’d rather me take a passive approach if I find her, I can just tell you what I find out.” Cecilia twirled her dagger in her hand, something to do to keep her child self from reappearing in such a professional situation.

“Bring her, but do not injure her. If she proves to put your life in danger, only minor injuries.” Graeme instructed, before his eyes flicked over to Dante, and evil look in his eyes.

“H-hey… I listened to you, Boss…” Dante started, backing away slowly.

“Cecilia, when you go out looking for Titania, you’ll take Dante with you.” He said softly.

“I thought he was going with you.” she stated simply, a little annoyed at having to bring Dante with her.

“If things go south… You two can hold off an army as guerillas. Hopefully we win, but fail safes need to be made.” He shrugged, before looking at the two of them. “And this is your punishment for earlier.”

Insane Darkness

A Rallying Call pt. 3

“Understood…” Cecilia groaned as she conjured another ice staircase. “Asshole…”

He walked over to her, lifting her up into a hug. “I know...you’ll be fine though.” Graeme whispered.

She kept calling him an asshole until he let her down and even when she started walking back up the stairs and down the hall to her room.

“I’ll keep her safe, Boss… but are you sure you don’t need me?” Dante asked, his normally sarcastic and flirtatious demeanor replaced with worry.

“I am. You two, while you occasionally hurt each other, won’t kill each other when I’m not looking. Just… stop kissing her. You’re more likely to make her mad.” Graeme suggested, before turning away towards Liran.

“Only if she actually kisses me on the cheek.” Dante countered before heading back into the Mansion, likely to go find and pester Cecilia.

“Liran, it is time…” Graeme said with a sigh, as the earth moved slightly off a rustic looking set of armor.

“Men, fetch me my armor.” Liran ordered, his usual attire much less defensive. As they moved to grab said armor, he interrupted them by saying, “Ah, ah, ah… Wait… The good armor.” In a few moments, the “good” armor was present as they tried to put it on him. “I can do the rest. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication.”

Graeme, on the other hand, picked up the rustic and dirt-stained chestplate, greaves, gauntlets and chainmail body armor. He quickly put the chainmail on, having seemingly been used to it before, he put on the rest of his gear. He turned towards Liran, offering a shrug. “Ready to go start recruiting from the land I own?”

“Never been more ready, my lord.” Liran gave Graeme a heartfelt bow, returning to his upright position with a smile.

----------
A couple hours later...

As they approached the first town, people gathered at its border, confusion apparent even from half a mile away. As they got closer, the crowd split down the middle, allowing them to pass through to the center of the town. All one could hear were whispers and horse hooves as Graeme’s army passed through.

An elevated platform awaited the army in the middle of town, where town meetings were often held. This time… it would be a different kind of town meeting.

The men cleared away from the platform revealing the Lion Thrope. Stepping up onto it, he looked around as he began his speech. “Citizens of Bevland! I come to you with grave tidings… no doubt you have already heard of what happened to Helvan. Well, the same murderer who led those marauders has set her sights on our land. She will try to slaughter our people, enlist our children, and erase our culture all in the name of petty revenge on our ancestors! She thought she would be attacking sheep, she thought we would be easy targets… but when I look out among you, I see brave and proud faces, I see a people that can stand up to any invader! The other nations are sending their armies, but we, we have to hold the line, to defend our homes and our loved ones. So who’s ready to show the world that we are champions, that we are not to be trifled with?!”

The crowd roared with cheer with people clanking weapons nearly as loud as their yells. They chanted their lord’s name deafeningly. “Graeme! Graeme! Graeme!”

He held up a hand to ask for silence and waited before he spoke once more. “It is for this very purpose that I must ask those among you to step forth and help me, for I am one man, and I cannot do it alone. We… no, I need your help and I plead with you, not as your Lord, but as a man who wants to keep his family safe: Will you help fight with me, and protect our nation?”

His words were met with similar volume, before quieting down as Liran stepped forward. “Those of you who wish to fight for everything you love, please split into two lines. I will take half of you and Lord Graeme will take the others. Please stay calm and respectful as we write down your names and equip you for battle. This will be a long process, but I assure you, it’s all for the sake of your families and your nation. This is a lot to ask from you all, but we are risking our lives to protect those of you who can’t fight, so we ask those that are capable of assisting us to please do so. Thank you for your time. You may now disperse.” He gave the crowd a short bow before turning and strutting over to the right of the stage.

Graeme nodded, and smiled at them all. “Thank you for hearing my plea, People of Bevland. I am honored to have been able to speak to you and I will make sure that when we are done fighting that the threats that have endangered us all will forever more be dealt far more quickly and that you will never have to experience the horrors of war.” Graeme finished, stepping down from the platform.

The townspeople got into their two lines, Graeme’s obviously larger than Liran’s.

The process took nearly four hours, just getting their names. After six more hours, everyone was equipped and ready for battle. After everything was ready, Liran approached Graeme. “Listen… today took ten hours. This will not be a quick process. Are you prepared to maintain this army until we end up on war territory? This won’t be the last time that it’s night-time by the time we’re done recruiting soldiers.”

“I figured as much… but the other Nobles are taking care and recruiting their own people. We'll have at least two-three forces we can meet up with an form a larger army. But with at least another day or two, we can at least have a decent force made up. I just hope that I haven't… doomed these people to a horrible death.” He whispered, showing only a little worry in his voice.

“We can’t predict the outcomes of war, not even the sacrifices to be made. There is not much we can do if they die. All we can do is fight for what we believe in, what you’ve created this army for. There are no other precautionary measures we can take, my lord. After the next couple towns, we’ll be as prepared as we can be. After that, we just have to pray to the Gods and fight.” Liran held a hand to his heart, rapping it against his armor. “Let’s just hope it’s not too terribly bumpy of a ride.”

“Here's hoping.” Graeme murmured, adding under his breath. “Runseca… keep me safe, my love…”

Dahlexpert

The fallowing is done by Dhalexpert&Blackout

Fixing a burnt bridge

Have Brook Manor
2:34 PM

Elma was in the training yard looking through one of her spell books." Humm that might work against Hastu or even that army of raiders, but can I pull it off is the question." Elma sighed and closed the book. “I’ll look more into this later for now I need to fine my brother and take care of things around here."

"He is gone." Came a voice behind her, one that was far more neutral than when they had left on bad terms. She felt a hand on her shoulder, but could tell it was one of magic, not flesh. Jay sighed, not particularly wanting to talk to her, but feeling he should, despite the lack of an arm on one side and his child held closely in the other.

Elma turned around and noticed the child, and tilted her head."Aw such a cute little kid, is she yours or are you babysitting her?"

"Mine..." he said softly, as he continued rocking his child with his only arm, Jasmine fast asleep.
Elma looked at the child and smiled. "Aw hum to think Charter and Es child might look like this, or a human. But to the point what happen to your arm, don't tell me our little fight hurt you that bad."

"No... you aren't the reason. But... I... don't wish to speak about it." He started slowly, his complexion pale and waxy, his eye almost lifeless.

"I'm fine with that, I've come a long way since then anyway. I had to discover myself, and being away from the guild defiantly helped. During that time I can tell when people need help in their lives, and to be honest Jay you look like crap, well kinda always did but more than usual what happen."

"I don't wish to speak of it..." He repeated before closing his eyes. He opened them after a moment, a gentle smile on his lips. "You've gotten stronger... You're a bit weaker than me, but only a tiny bit..."

“I’ve been training constantly, every day I need to after all. Hell I need to get stronger to protect Esmeralda so she’s not taken again.”

"If she's at the guild, we can keep her safe. Safer than if she were alone." He countered, offering a mil shrug with his armless shoulder. "But if you're so determined to keep her safe... I can begin training you again, if you so wish."

“Heh thanks but no thanks, I still take small jobs outside the guild. While also fighting the cult I gained plenty of experience for doing those, but I could use a sparring partner.”

"As you wish. Sparring it is. Just don't be sore if you lose." He teased, a rattling cough shaking his body.

“Hay you sure you’re alright? What have you been doing anyway?”

"Slowly dying internally. That's the main thing... otherwise it's just researching with Erin." Sancros replied dryly, not looking her in the eyes.

“What do you mean you’re dying?! What the hell happened is it you’re organs?”

"Oh, more the slow self-degradation of myself. Or... in simpler words, I want to find a very big knife."

Elma looked at jay confused.” You want to die?”

"I do. My life has... gone in a way that I didn't expect. To sum it up, it has gone to shit. But... I don't want to put my child in a position where she would not have a father... and I still have pupils to train. So, if I were to die, I doubt I would regret it."

Elma eyes started to twitch. She then used her ice magic to make a cradle.” Jay can you put your kid in there you please.”

"Don't take this the wrong way, Elma, but I don't trust you with my baby girl yet." He said, narrowing his eye at her.

“Fine I was being nice about it, but I guess this just means I can’t hit you as hard.” Elma quickly turned around and slapped Jay putting her hips into the slap.” What the hell is wrong with you, who gave you the option to want to die!?”

The Light Elf rolled his jaw for a moment, before his eye settled on hers. "Why do you care? Last time we met, you had no problems reminding me of a past that causes suicide."
“I’m eighteen, I’m goanna say things I don’t mean you dumb ass!”

"And I'm an Elf in his effective twenties. You don't see me going after your past..." He grumbled, a light magic hand poking her forehead

.Elma smacked the magic hand away from her head.” The reason I’m angry is because you sound complacent! You should want to be here for your child, for your students not because you feel like you have to you moron!”

"Considering I can dissolve my soul and body in a matter of minutes, I'd say you being angry at me for barely feeling anything is a bit ridiculous. I want to die, yet I don't try anything, partially because of my students, but more for her... for Jasmine. My love and I are not on the same page anymore, and my best friend doesn't talk with me. All I have lest is work and a baby. Does that sound like an enjoyable life to you?"

“No it doesn’t but that doesn’t mean you give up, I learned that life will beat me down always but you don’t give. Time passes and people can forgive.”

"Time passes for normal people. For people like me, for the broken, it doesn't. Instead, it's like a loop that never ends, one that gets worse the longer it goes." He countered, shaking his head. "And for the record, I have enough pain and anguish to drive you, or anyone at the guild, insane. I think the fact that I'm only now suicidal is a miracle."

Elma grabbed Jay shirt and looked him inn the eyes.” Listen to me you lost the right to kill yourself the moment you had that child you’re holding, and believe me I know a certain librarian light Elf that I know who’s had it worse than you.”
His aura flared, as the older mage glared her down. "Esmerelda. Spent some time with slavers. Was taken by Hastur, received only mental wounds. Is resting with the Guild's people watching her."

"Jay Sancros. Was a slave for forty-six years. Received physical and mental scars. Was recently broken by... has no one to look out for him. Right... She's had soooo much worse treatment than I. She even acquired telepathy... do you understand how much strength it takes not to hate your race, or Eraqus'? Can you even fathom all that I've been through? No... but pretty little Esmerelda goes through a minor traumatic thing and everyone worries." He spat, his voice venomous and hateful.

Elma looked like she was goanna blow a gadget, but she took a deep breath and looked at the baby surprised it’s not awake. Elma looked at Jay and hugged him.

The Light Elf pulled back, looking visibly shocked. "Why...?"

Elma steeped forward and hugged Jay again. “Because your past doesn't define you, it was the past you can't change it no matter how horrible it was it was the past so stop living in it. Stat living in the present and stop avoiding people, a simple I’m sorry can change a lot of things."

Sancros paused before a arm of Light formed, letting him hug her back. "I'll try. That's all I can promise... but you'll have to promise to not say something horrible to me." He counter bargained, offering a sheepish smile as he began too explain. "People I let in, who I trust with knowing my past, have a lot of power over me and their words mean far more than they may intend."

"I won't just as long as you don't mention Es having it easy, I’m pretty sure if my brother was here he would kill you. But please try working on your attitude alright."

"I will... but I doubt your brother could touch me unless I let him. Besides... he's not here anymore." Sancros shrugged, a hint of a frown on his lips.
Elma let go of Jay and smiled." He'll be back I know he will be, but for now you have a list of people to apologizing to do and of course work on yourself as well. Just stop this bull shit talk of killing yourself, there are people that are here to help you all you have to do is accept them."

"I said I would try. Nothing more or less." Edan said quietly, a small genuine smile on his face.

"Well that's all I can ask for then, it's a small step but a step in the right direction." Elma looked at the sleeping baby." I expect you to keep him in line little one, make your daddy happy. Elma said smiling to the child.

"Oh, she has... especially when she's awake and staring at me. She's happy when I'm nearby and she sleeps easier if I hold her..." He said quietly, his conjured arm moving so it could rub her head.

"A little late to be whispering things, don't you think? I mean we were just having a argument." Elma looked at the baby elf. “Hum she's so adorable when she's sleeping, if you need help with her you could let me help."

"Talk with Kva, and if she thinks you can do it, I'll say yes." Sancros replied, kissing his baby's head, love in his eye.

"Hum yea alright, I’ll be sure to do that. Any way I have some studying to get back to and jobs to take, I’ll be sure to talk to you again Jay it was nice talking to you and I hope I helped you out a little."

A small, genuine smile appeared on his face. "You have... I just hope I can at least stay somewhat neutral rather than being stuck in my... bad state."

“I hope so to, I’ll see you around.” Elma waved her hand and left the training yard.