Hunters of Terra Dolor (Role Playing Section)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
Relationship Advice

Havenbrook Manor/Guildhouse
Indoor Training Room
March 1st, 3349
11:23 a.m.

Betty smiled mischievously as she held up her gauntlet at the dummy, with a click, a puff of white smoke came out of a nozzle on the bottom of the metal glove. The smoke cloud encircled the target completely, rising up and dissipating in the air.

Veeti smiled excitedly. "Great idea! Still like to keep work on flamecaster though, but very promising!”

"What does that do?" an unexpected voice asked. Esmeralda, out of the library and dressed in form fitting workout clothes stepped up behind them. "Blind the enemy?"

"Well, I was going to ask Erin for some of zhat basilisk gas to use with it..." Betty smiled, turning around. "On demand paralysis."

Esmeralda nodded and simple nod. She had none of the luster or exuberance that was usually pouring off her in waves. "That sounds cool. If you need a test subject when you get it working, I know just the guy." She frowned and shook her head. "Never mind. I'll... be going now." She held up a pair of tonfa. "Need to practice."

Betty tilted her head, looked at Veeti, thrn back at her. "Is somezhing wrong? You don't seem like yourself."

"Oh, um... I'm okay." Es shrugged. "Just... bugged by something. I don't want to bother you with it."

"It's not a bother. I can listen." The Thrope replied, taking a step closer.

The Light Elf sighed, and nervously pulled at her ponytail. "Is it... normal for your boyfriend to go places without telling you? I've only had a few, and not for very long, so I'm not sure if I'm overreacting."

"Go places? Places where?" Veeti asked.

"Um... Mirandia," Esmeralda answered. "For a couple of weeks. Without... telling me..."

"Uh... I'm not so sure zhat is normal..." Betty replied, holding her head in her palm.

"Uhm... Sure you two... Serious?" The Netzi questioned.

Esmeralda poked her fingers together. "Um... m-maybe? I mean, we did it once, and we said we were together, so... yes?"

"Sweetie, how much time have you spent with zhis person?" Betty sighed lightly.

"I dunno..." Esmeralda tapped her lips. "Three weeks? Maybe four."

"Well... If you really care about him, you should talk to him about it." The Fly-Thrope explained. "Tell him how upset it made you."

Esmeralda shifted uncomfortably. "Well, I... I don't want to bother him with it. I mean... I don't want him to think I don't respect his independence. He might leave me for someone else."

"Relationship about... Sharing feelings, good and bad. If he no want to hear, or no care, or is bothered, bad relationship." Veeti spoke, floating towards her.

"Y... yeah?" Esmeralda gave the Netzi a sad look. "Honesty, right? Gotta... be completely open... right?"

"Right. Honesty. Is important." The young Netzi nodded.

Esmeralda took a deep breath. Suddenly, she looked very angry, holding her tonfa tightly. "Well, I'm mad!" She stomped her foot. "H-he should have told me! He said a week, week and a half at most. He should have told me if he was going to go home. I want him to visit home, but he should have told me! He... he's a big jerk!"

"He should've, you right. Right to be upset. Tell him." Veeti continued as Betty looked on.

"Yes! I'll tell him exactly what's on my mind!" Es walked over to the dummy Betty had been practicing on and started wailing on it with her tonfa. She showed that she was extremely skilled with tonfa specifically but not quite skilled in combat in general. "I'm... I'm gonna yell at him! And... a-and I'll punish him! H-he... he won't be allowed to kiss me unless he, uh... he brings me to a poetry slam! And... and he participates in it! Yeah! And... and..." She paused and looked back at Veeti. "I don't have to hit him, do I?"

"I don't think so... Probably a bad idea..." Betty smiled lightly.

"Right... just yelling." Esmeralda smiled at Betty. "Do you two have anyone special?"

Betty blushed. "Uh... Uhm... Why do you ask?"

Veeti just looked up at her friend as smirked mischievously. "Yes Betty. Have anyone?"

Es turned back, wiping at the copious amount of sweat she had built up in a short amount of time. "Well, because we're, like, talking about relationships, and you had advice, so I figured it might be advice you use with your own boyfriend or... whatever?" She gasped. "Was that too presumptuous of me? I-I just figured a pretty Hunter like you would have someone. I-I didn't mean to insult you..."

"Well no... I mean, I do but..." Betty sweated a little. "Okay... Its uh... Erin... I'm with Erin."

"Erin?" Esmeralda scratched her cheek. "Is that a... new Hunter? I normally know everyone here, and the only Erin I know is a woman."

"Um... Yeah. That's the one." Betty laughed awkwardly.

"Oh? ...oh!" Esmeralda held her hands over her mouth. "I am so sorry! You must think me some bigot or something..."

"No no... It's uh... Fine." Betty replied, "You don't have many... women who prefer other women where you come from?"

Es shook her head. "Well, that's very nice. Though... Erin is a bit fussy at times. I hope she treats you with the utmost kindness."

"I prefer the term sassy. And she's been more than kind so far." Betty said, her blush returning. "I should really go see her after this..."

"And I... should go take a shower," Es said with a chuckle, sticking out her tongue. "Maybe I wouldn't get so tired and sweaty if I worked out more often, huh?"

"Yeah... You were pretty good with zhose... Stick... Thingys." Betty smiled, looking over at the dummy.

"Tonfa." Esmeralda spun them in her hands. "Traveller from Stormrend sold them to me. My brother said I get ripped off, but I like to think I got some good weapons. Girl has to learn to protect herself with something in this world, right?"

"Right. Could use spike maybe? Something more." Veeti looked at it.

"A spike?" Es looked at them and frowned. "But I could kill someone with something sharp..."

"So it... Non-lethal? I understand." Veeti nodded, floating onto Betty's shoulder.

"Well, I don't want to hurt anybody. Which is why I always have at least one of these on hand." Es walked over to her clothes and pulled out a round object, handing it to Betty. "Pretty cool, huh?"

"What... Is it?" Betty questioned, "Some kind of rudimentary explosive?"

"R... rudimentary?" Esmeralda pouted. "I-it's a smoke bomb. I, um... I-I think I did a good job on it."

"I'm not saying you didn't! It's just... Simple. Which doesn't always mean bad!" The Thrope defended.

"Oh." Esmeralda smiled big again. "Okay! I heard about you around the manor, and I know you're some kind of... engineering savant. So if you think it is good... is it... good?" She took it and pulled a small string before rolling it towards the dummy. It popped with a small spark, and the dummy vanished in a cloud of pink smoke.

A little befuddled, Betty tried to look through the smoke but couldn't find the dummy. After a moment, Veeti clapped. "That good. Not bad."

"Heh heh... thanks." Esmeralda gathered her things to leave, but not before pulling out another smoke bomb. "I like my design, but... if you two had any ideas to improve on it... I mean, if you had the free time, of course. I could pay you if need be..."

"No need. I'd be fine just doing it as a friend." The ashen skinned woman responded.

"Great! Thanks so much!" Esmeralda bowed deeply to both Betty and Veeti, and took off towards the exit. As she left, she looked back and said, "I love you goggles, by the way!", before finally leaving.

Dahlexpert

The Van Dam manor

Mar 6 3349

10:29 AM

Charter started to pack up his belonging and started to head to the door, before he left his room he turned around and looked at the shield that was over his bed. “Then Iron legion my army my family’s army, it was good being home for a week.” Charter closed the door to his room and head headed down stairs, were he can smell breakfast being cooked by not only his butler but his mother. At the table were his father brother and sister.

“Morning Charter!” Elma said with excitement in her voice she saw then she saw Charters bags and her face went to dread. “Your leaving again, no you were only hear a week do you really have to go back?”

“Yes I have to go back, I’m needed at the HavenBrook manner.” Charter walked up to his sister and patted her head. “Don’t worry this time around I will not be a missing person for nine years like I was before, I will write to you guys ever now and then.”

Elma smiled at him and went back to her breakfast. Charter then looked at his brother and his father. And sat opposite of them while his mother brought him breakfast and Slone his breakfast.

“There you go you two, enjoy your meal.” Eleonore sat down and looked at Charter. “So how long will it take you to get back to your guild?”

“A few weeks it shouldn’t be any trouble, for me and Slone. I can’t wait to get back and to see Esmerelda again it’s been a while so I can’t wait to see her and everyone else.”

Eleonore smiled at her son.” Well well look at you acting all lovely, it’s cute seeing like this. I hope this woman is worth it I can’t wait to meet her.”

Charter’s father looked at his wife and his kids.” Alright alright quiet teasing the man let him eat and get hug him and kiss him and say good bye to him.”

“Must you be so cold dear?” Once everyone has eaten everyone left, Charter’s mom went to her shop Elma hugged her brother and went to school, Adam hugged his brother and patted his shoulder and went back to his post. All who was left was his father.

“Alright, I know you want to talk to me before I leave so what is It?”

“Straight to the point I see come on were going to the Iron legions castle.”

Charter and his father mad there way outside, once outside His father whistled and his house came to him. While Charter whistled Slone came to his side and Charter got on his back and went with his father to the Iron Legion castle, once inside the castle Charters father got off his horse and traveled on foot while Charter got off Slone but Slone continued to stay by his master’s side. Charter and his father traveled through the castle until they were in the commander’s chambers. Charter looked at his father and shrugged his shoulders.

“Alright what is this about, why did you bring me here?”

Charters father looked at the shield of the Iron legion over his desk, then he turned back to his son.” Charter the moment you were born was one of the proudest days of my life, my first born son. My plans for you was for you to lead this army once I was gone, I trained you since you were a child to be a defender of the country and its people. Instead you chose to be a mercenary and be a traveling knight, and I couldn’t be prouder of that decision.”

Charter raised his eye brows. “Your proud of me, I always thought it you were disappointed that I became a traveling mercenary instead of a full blown knight.”

“Are you kidding your more of a knight then most people, you’re a warden son a traveling soldier why would I be disappointed in you. I couldn’t be more proud you choice to do something about the monster problem instead of stay here and be a guard to some noble, and for that I’m proud. However as for you current stance you have changed boy your no longer the boy I know, you’re more mature and have been through a lot which is why I’m stripping you of your rank in the Iron legion.”

Charter eyes widened. ”What! You’re taking me out of the legion, why what is this about?!”

Charter’s father raised his hand at him. “Boy the reason why I’m striping you of your rank is because I want you to find your own fate, which it looks like you have with this guild. You are different the Legion would only hold you back, you are not ready to lead this arm yet. But one day you will be then you can have what is rightfully yours understand.” Charter’s father rubbed his head. “Now then let’s talk about this relationship you’re in, so you’re with a light Elf huh?”

Carter started to blush just a little bit.

“That’s what I thought, look son relationships are tricky. It’s not something you can attack with a sword or bash with a shield, son relationships take time and effort. You have to make the other person happy and comfort them, it’s a lot of work but it’s worth it.” The old man went around his desk and put his hand on his sons shoulder. “Charter treat this woman right OK, I know you don’t know how but it’s a learning experience so make it up as you go along.”

“Hmm thanks dad, well I will be going I will write to you every now and again alright.”

“Alright, goodbye boy stay safe on your trip back. Ou and Charter there is one more thing I want you to have.” Charters father reached out of his display case and offered him a pole axe. And a long sword. “I wanted to give you these during your ceremony but didn’t have the time.”

Charter took the two weapons and smiled at his dad. “I’ll make you proud, and regain my leadership dad and of course keep to my oath.” Charter bowed his head and left the room

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
MarineAvenger & ZombieSplitter53
Fish Face

March 2nd, 3349
8:24 a.m.

Drayce flew through the air over the forest that dominated the land leading up to the Havenbrook Manor. In his front pocket, the small white rodent he had named Aussir laid huddled up amd shaking in fear as the Dragon Thrope had learned to great amusement was that he hated heights. Spotting his destination, he flew towards the ground and skidded to a stop right at the shore of a lake. Kneeling down, he slapped both hands together and tried to pray with great annoyance.

The water remained calm for the longest of times, just as it had every day before. Right when Drayce was about to give up, however, there was something different. Despite nothing being in the water in front of him, the water started to shift and bubble.

Drayce got on his hands and knees, smoke billowing out of his mouth ready to attack.

From our of the water rose what appeared to be horse with blue skin, scales along its snout, and fish whiskers. It swam forward, approaching Drayce as though it recognized him. It let out a low, gurgly neigh.

"What do you want horsey? I did not want you. I wanted the Old Man." Drayce explained with disappointment.

"He's just trying to say hello." A tall, muscular man exuding a strong aura rose from the water, an intense look in his eyes, his hair as black as the ocean at night. "The hippocampus has a long memory. It still remembers when you were but an infant, and we fished you from the sea."

"Gramps!" Drayce sprouted wings again and flew forward, slamming into the man and hugging neck tightly.

The sea god wrapped a mighty arm around the boy, holding him as tight as he could without hurting him. "It is good to see you again, my boy. It has been too long.”

"I suppose she was right. I will have to thank my friend for saying prayers make gods come. I am so happy to see you, this means I can finally go home!" Drayce exclaimed happily. "Tell me Gramps, tell me how to get home."

Uladan frowned, and let out a sigh. "I am sorry, Drayce... but you can not return to the dragons. Not at this time at least."

"But why? I hate it here, and I can't remember everything, and I miss my mother!" he complained childishly, pouting in his face.

"I know, Drayce. I know." Uladan slowly stroked his hair. "The Dragons have their rules. If it were up to me, you would stay with them forever. But they have reasons even I don't know about. Perhaps some day, when you have grown big and strong, as strong as a dragon, they will take you back. But... not now."

"Did they... Did they kick me out... Because I was weak?" The Thrope asked softly with a saddened tone.

"No, my boy," Uladan assured him. "You are anything but weak. But just because you are strong does not mean you can not get even stronger! I am sure that is what they wanted for you."

"Is it... Or did they... Just not want someone who... Wasn't like them..." Suddenly, the young dragon began to cry into Uladan's shoulder.

Uladan rubbed his back. "I am sorry. So much of what the dragons do is a mystery, even to the gods. But... I know your mother loves you. Just as much as I. I... will do what I can to find out for you. Please, stay strong until then."

"I love you Gramps..." Drayce said softly.

"Love you too, Drayce," Uladan returned proudly. "And... it can't all be bad, right? I mean, you mentioned a friend."

"Yeah but... She is a child, and she is shy, and she isnt a dragon. She is also blind too." the thrope explained as he let go of Uladan and went back to land.

"I see. So she is weak." Uladan knelt before him. "I am surprised you would waste your time with her. You know how important strength is to a dragon."

"But she is cute, and she reminds me of my mother. Liandriana would like her..."

Uladan smiled softly. "Does that mean you like her? Even if she isn't as strong as a dragon?"

"I never said that..." the young thrope muttered in an embarrassed tone.

The Sea God chuckled, rubbing his head. "My boy, though you were born a Thrope, you are a dragon at heart. And like a dragon, you are a natural at adapting to your surroundings. Whether that be a rainforest, desert, tundra, or a building surrounded by humans and Elves and the like, I know you will adapt just fine."

"But even if they accept me... The rest of the world shall not. They will fear me. Someone worse would use that for power." Drayce told his 'grandfather' with stark worry.

"Your new home shall protect you from them. And if they can not.." Uladan gave him a stern, confident look. "Then I will come to protect you myself. I would drown the entire realm of man to keep you safe."

"Thanks Gramps... You're the best." Drayce said thankfully as he went to hug him once more.

Uladan held him tight, simply rubbing his back for a while. When he let him down, he knelt before the boy and said, "Time is not on my side. Something has roused the cthulhi, and they threaten my undersea children. So I won't always be able to respond to your prayers, but I will always be listening, and I will be their if you are ever in true danger. And maybe every now and again to say hello."

"Okay. I will promise not to be a pest too. And... Try to adapt." The Thrope said with a firm nod.

"You could never be a pest." Uladan stood up and reluctantly stepped back into the water. "Be strong, my boy. I hope to see you again soon."

"I hope so. I love you Gramps."

"Love you too... my dear Dryace." The Sea god bounded his marine stead and gave the dragon Thrope a big smile. "Always remember that I am proud of you," he said before disappearing into the water.

The Thrope stood there for several moments staring at the water before a few tears escaped Drayce's eyes as he expanded his wings outwards and flew off.

ExoGrim

ExoGrim and Frostlich1228: The Princess and the Fly

Veeti looked up from her book as her friend approached, holding some various tools.

"Veeti, what are you looking at?" Betty asked.

"Looking for... Design for Robot. Something new. Different." The Netzi replied.

"Talk to Ed, see what he has to say."

The Netzi shook her head. "I did. He say must be me who chooses. Very important."

Arlia walked into the library and noticed the two talking. She decided to not talk to them, as she did not give the ladies a lasting image... that and she had forgotten their names. She was hoping to find a book that would help Titania, and herself, learn how to use Chi properly.

"Hey... You're Arlia, right?" Betty said, noticing her out of the corner of her eye. "We met on our first day here?"

Arlia jumped slightly. "Yes, I believe we did. Unfortunately, I forgot yours... sorry."

"Betty. And zhis is Veeti. How are you doing?" She asked, smiling.

"I'm fine." The assassin responded. "I've been working on my trust skills and it's been helping out."

"Well you can always trust us." Betty grinned.

Arlia sighed. "That is true, but some secrets must be kept at all costs..."

"I suppose you wouldn't want some... Nation destroying secret revealed... But you don't have one of zhose, do you?" The Thrope asked, thinking.

"Hopefully not." The assassin answered. "I don't think I'm that important... at least not yet."

"I'm not sure zhats something someone would want to aspire too, seems like quite the burden." The Engineer stated.

"That it is not." Arlia remarked, shifting slightly. "Secrets are hard to keep. This comes with all, even the one I carrying."

"Especially ones zhat can do so much damage..." Betty pointed out.

Arlia paused for a moment. "Do you have anything you're trying to hide?"

"Hmm... Nothing comes to mind... No." Betty tapped her chin as Veeti floated up. "There's not much about my life that's worth hiding..."

"Good for you." Arlia sighed. "Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury. I have to stay hidden in the shadows for the time being."

"Well, maybe you don't have to stay hidden from everyone." Betty replied.

"And risk having to leave my new career?" Arlia stated nervously. "As long as I'm on the wanted list, no one outside of this guild is allowed to know who I am."

"Well, if it means anything, we'll keep you safe. You're our teammate, after all." The dark skinned girl replied.

A smile touched the princess's face. "Thank you... hopefully we can work together again sometime."

"Same here. You were pretty impressive back in that forest." The Thrope returned.

"Oh, that... it wasn't that special." Arlia explained. "I merely utilized my chi to enhance my capabilities."

"Chi?" Veeti mouthed strangely. "What Chi?"

"It's the output of ones mind and body into a form of energy." The assassin explained. "I guess you could call it a physical magic of sorts."

"Really? Zhats facinating... It must take considerable training..." Betty noted curiously.

"Yes, I have spend many years practicing it and I am still a amateur." Arlia took a moment to sit down. "There's a lot that goes into the technique..."

"You must have learned zhis somewhere, who taught you?" The Fly-Girl asked curiously.

"I don't know his name..." Arlia replied, shifting slightly in her chair. "He was merely a Drill Sargent, so no one talked to him much."

Veeti looked at her incredulously. "Drill sergeant? Cannot believe that. Make no sense he would know this thing."

Arlia briefly sighed. "There goes that excuse... I was actually trained by one of my commanding officers: Malder Quicksilver. He taught me the basics of chi and how to utilize it in combat."

"So, you must have a important piece of this army zhen..." Betty responded, putting a finger on her chin. "Like... Some kind of special agent? Like a spy?'

"I was an assassin." Arlia stated bluntly. "I was there to deal with high priority targets to make conflict easier when we attacked outposts or were attacked."

"An assassin? Zhat makes sense. I trust you didn't kill anyone who didn't deserve it, right?" Betty asked slightly apprehensively.

The princess's gazed lowered. "There is no way to confirm that. It was a time of war... everyone's judgement was twisted at the time."

"Oh. I'm sorry if I brought up any bad memories..." Betty frowned.

"It's okay..." Arlia looked back up at the dark-skinned girl. "Not many people understand the effects war had on us soldiers."

"War is terrible. It doesn't affect just soldiers like that. It affects everyone in some way or another." The Thrope pointed out.

Arlia paused for a brief moment. "If I told you my secret, would you being willing to keep it that way?"

"Of course! We won't tell a soul you have our word!" Betty leaned in closer.

Arlia leaned towards Betty and whispered. "I am the Princess of Stormrend."

"The princess of... Really? Zhats Amazing..." Betty gasped lowly, her jaw dropping.

"Yes it is, but you have to remember to keep it a secret. There's no telling what my father would do if word got out."

"You gave all zhat up... To help people here? Zhats so selfless of you!" She whispered.

"It wouldn't have felt right if I didn't..." Arlia mentioned, smiling. "I don't need the money or jewelry as long as I have my friends."

"Am I one of your friends?" The Fly-Girl asked.

"I prefer the term acquaintance." Arlia said, looking out the window. "I should get going, see you around."

"Alright. Well, if it means anything, thanks for trusting me." The Engineer girl smiled.

"This guild is build on trust, is it not?" Arlia stood back up and made her way out the door. "Until we meet again."

Betty gave her a wave as Veeti looked to check out her book, the idea for her mech popping into her head.

ExoGrim

ExoGrim and Black0ut: Hypocrisy and Exhaustion

The gentle night sky settled in for the long haul, day having already slipped by. The trees of Titania’s grove swayed gently in the night’s breeze, with Titania herself relaxing behind them, nearly obscured from anyone who walked up the normal path to them. She lazily cut an apple with her dagger, gazing up to watch the clouds move, which revealed many of the stars that gleamed in the twilight sky.

Among the grassy trail, a worn out Zulik made short strides in the darkness. His punching bag slung over the corrupted elf’s shoulder, he appeared to be exhausted and limping slightly. The darkness felt like home, but now was not the time for watching and waiting. Zulik had to be better, no matter how long it took. Unfortunately, rest was a priority… and the priest had to abide by it. Zulik’s gaze shifted to the Wolf Thrope, but he didn’t seem to notice her, or care enough to check.

Titania, on the other hand, looked up to notice Zulik and as a result of her carelessness, cut one of her fingers. Grimacing, she watched curiously to see what the Elf was up to. I wonder… what draws a man like him to my Grove at this time of the night? I’ll wait for a moment…

As he continued down the trail, Zulik collapsed to his knees. Even in the night’s shroud, the swelling on his ankle was evident. The priest cursed himself before getting back to his feet. I don’t have the time to let a damaged bone bring me down… after enough rest, it’ll be fine enough to get back to training.

Titania transformed into her wolf form, noting that she would need more stealth. She crept up on the corrupted elf, making sure to keep far enough away just in case he attacked.

Zulik finally made it to the end of trail, near where his room was. He collapsed once more, letting out the same curse as he hit the ground. The priest, again, got back to his feet and continued walking.

Titania kept following and noted that he seemed injured, occasionally darting forward to help him, but usually retreating away from the corrupted Elf in an attempt to stay hidden.

Zulik seemed too exhausted to notice the assistance from the Thrope to say anything. He lazily pulled out the key to his room and opened the door. After dropping the punching bag, the corrupted elf collapsed onto his bed, passing out completely. His door was still wide open however.

Titania followed, still transformed, but studied the man, noting that he had forgone blankets. So with what amounted to a sigh, she quickly scampered around the manor in order to find a blanket, and eventually returned with one in tow. Transforming back, she covered Zulik properly, and quickly took a notepad out. She wrote him an explanation for why he had blankets on him, why his door was closed and asking him to take care of himself better. With that done, she placed the note gently on top of the sleeping Elf and walked out of the room closing the door behind her.

----

The next day.

----

Zulik slowly awoke early, noticing the note on his chest. He sighed briefly before grabbing his bag and making his way back to the training grounds. His ankle was still damaged, but the priest felt it was good enough for his daily practice. Taking the same trail back to the grounds, the Elf noticed the trees. Someone must be keeping this place in decent shape… wonder who that could be.

Titania watched as he passed, fully hidden this time, with slight interest. If he passes out here… I’m not moving him. He looks too heavy… Titania thought, a bandage around her pointer finger.

Zulik, oblivious to Titania in the grove, made his way to the training grounds. When he was finally at his destination, he placed a void chain on the punching bag and tossed the chain in the air, causing it to grapple to the nearby roofing. Locking it when the bag was at the right height, Zulik began his usual training exercises.

A thrown dagger appeared in the bag, moving it slightly to right. “Hey, Zulik.” Titania yawned, having not slept since the previous night. Her actual longsword was out and Titania twirled it a few times, before practicing a few basic strikes.

Zulik turned to the Thrope, briefly saying, “Hey,” before going back to his practice.

The bag was swiftly cut in two, as the blade Titania was using returned to its original position. She continued to practice her strikes, but shook her head at Zulik.

Zulik’s eyebrow twitched. “Do you realize how much time it took to make that?”

“Do you realize you’re limping? Or that you’re overworking yourself?” Titania replied, continuing her practice.

Zulik grunted. “It wouldn’t matter if I died on my next mission. I have to keep myself as combat ready as possible.”

“If you die on your next mission… but you won’t. Being combat ready is fine, but you’re not currently. Do you think Mi- miss Havenbrook would send you out in this condition? Cause I’d guess she wouldn’t. Go rest, Zulik.” Titania shot back, using the same scolding look that she had used on Faith.

“If absolutely necessary, I could just talk to Erin to see about getting some corruption.” Zulik countered. “She’s already proven that it can stop bleeding, a few bruise should be easy to fix.”

“That’s dumb. ‘I will not rest because I think I’ll be needed, so I’m going to run myself ragged and if I get hurt, I’ll go adsorb corruption, not like that’ll have an adverse effects on me.’ Is that about the gist of what you’re going to tell me?” Titania asked grumpily, tapping her foot on the ground, as she crossed her arms.

“Except that the corruption makes me stronger.” Zulik remarked. “It’s the source of most of my power… as much as I’d hate to admit it, I need corruption to be useful to this guild.”

“Doesn’t matter. You need rest. Go to bed… now.” Titania replied in Elvish, her right eye turning and remaining feral.

Zulik glared at Titania. “And what do you care… I have reason to believe you and your friend would rather have me dead. So why would you care if I do it myself?”

Titania returned the glare, and proceeded to jump up and grabbed Zulik’s ear with her right hand. Making sure she was staring him in the eyes, she paused, examining his face. “Zulik. I don’t care if you think I want you dead. The fact of the matter at hand isn’t what you think right now, it’s about your health. So if I have to drag you by your pointed ears back to your room in order to get you to go and heal, I will. So… get over your paranoia, go to bed, and tomorrow, if you’re ankle is better, you can train. Got it?” She ordered, her eyes turning fully feral.

Zulik swiftly grabbed her by the right arm. He put all his strength into throwing her over his shoulder and into the beam behind him… but his ankle couldn’t handle the weight anymore. He crumbled to the ground, the Thrope landing on his back.

Titania wasted no time as she grabbed both of his ears and pulled, trying to drag him much to the Elf’s chagrin. After realizing how bad he was, Titania murmured, “Almost like paper, this one...” before grabbing the Elf’s normal arm and throwing it over her shoulder, and dragging him back. “Gods above… why’d you make this guy seem so light when he’s pretty heavy? I swear it's like the God of Mischief is plaguing me…” Titania groaned as she half carried and half dragged Zulik into the manor, many Hunters and Staff viewing her with suspicion, but a swift glare from her feral eyes cut any response from their lips.

Soon she arrived back at Zulik’s room. Gently setting him down, she struggled to think of how to put him into his bed. Eventually deciding to try and lift him onto the bed, Titania soon found herself semi-crushed by the unconscious Elf. I hate my life so much right now… Zulik… I would hit you if you weren’t unconscious because of what I’m doing for you… but you’re kinda knocked out of your own accord. Kind of a moot point. Titania thought, crawling out from under the Elf’s body. She eventually lifted him up so his torso was on the bed, and moved his legs to follow suit. Covering him from the blankets she had stolen the previous night, she did as she had did before and left him a note explaining what had happened.

Titania slowly walked out of the room and sank down against the wall. “Gods… boys are so dumb. Men even more so. What guy tries to lift someone up when he has an injured ankle? Well… at least he’ll be resting… I wond- oh Gods! I forgot about Faith’s lesson for today! Crap!” And with that the wolf Thrope quickly ran back to the training grounds, completely exhausted.

Black0ut

Black0ut and Frostlich1228 present:
Bars and Fights

Jay sat alone at the bar, having already left the Havenbrook manor some time ago. The Light Elf had already surveyed the room for possible threats and for the local bartender, which he did find, evident as his mug of beer sat in front of him. The mage had managed to persuade the other patrons to leave by simply glaring at them to leave, the look daring them to throw the first blow. Wisely the patrons had obliged the irritated man, and had left him to his solitude. I wonder… maybe I’ve had too many drinks, cause I think I’ve had at least five… oh well. I got enough money to spare easing myself into a drunken stupor… Jay thought, slouching onto the bar counter out of sheer mental exhaustion.

Suddenly the music in the bar stopped, he hadn’t seen enough of who was playing it to see why. Suddenly, a petite sheep girl sat next to him, laying her harp on the counter. “Uhm… Hello. You’re Jay right? Are you uhm… Okay?”

“Yeah… just was enjoying sometime alone. And you are?” Jay responded, trying to be more pleasant, for the Guild’s sake.

“Uh… My name is Mags. I mean, Magdalene, well... Both are right but one is my nickname…” She chuckled awkwardly. “I play the music here most of the time.”

Jay nodded, forgetting about his beverage as he turned to face the Sheep Thrope. “I see. You have some skill with that harp, but, uh, what is it that you want?”

“I uh… Had a question actually. Uhm… If you wouldn’t mind answering…” The small woman responded. “It’s kind of my job as a Bard to you know… Write songs and such. So I like to learn about people just in case I want to write a melody about them. I was uh… Wondering if you’d tell me a little about yourself?”

“I suppose it wouldn’t hurt…” Jay mumbled to himself, before speaking a little louder, “I’m a mage, and I can control water and light magic. Hunter of the Havenbrook Guild, and currently recovering from a recent Hunt. Does that answer your question, or do you need more information?”

“The hunt with those… Zombies right? I heard about that one… It was terrible. I’m so sorry.” She replied empathetically.

“Yeah... still not really over that…” Jay trailed off, grabbing the mug and proceeding to take sips from it. That was horrible… still have nightmares about skeletons and Zombies trying to kill me…

“You went on that with the huntress lady, right? Sylvie?” The Sheep wrote some things down quickly. “I’ve heard some uh… Rumors that you two are… together… Is that uhm… True?”

Jay paused, raising an eyebrow at the sheep, but proceeded to nod anyways. “That would be correct, yes. Why…? Oh, nevermind. People do like to gossip.” Jay grumbled, an orb of water appeared, gently landing on the counter, revealing a frown.

“Well… I think I saw her in all that commotion outside.” Mags answered, turning around and looking out a window, which was blocked by what looked like a crowd of people.

Jay cursed silently, tossing the sheep girl a coin, before jogging towards the door. “Thanks for telling me, Mags.” The Light Elf called back as he pushed the door open.

The Sheep girl followed behind him as Jay opened the door into the bustle of a large crowd. Pushing through, he was greeted by the sight of a duel underway. One of the combatants, a woman, clad in dark leather adorned with short spikes and complimented by an intimidating black metal mask; the other, a knight in a suit of traditional metal armor.

The dark woman wielded what looked to be some kind of whip, spiked and vicious looking, the knight however, had a standard sword and shield set-up. The woman simply backstepped as the knight went for a wide sword swing, then easily side-stepped a thrusting attack, suddenly following up by flicking her whip to wrap around his sword arm, then twisting it around her leg to disarm her foe.

Frustrated, the man charged with his shield, but was knocked before he could even land a hit, caught off guard the woman elegantly twisting around him and tripping him at the leg.

“You fight like a reckless idiot.” She said in a low tone from behind her mask. “Next.”

The man then stood up and returned to the crowd, grumbling to himself.

Jay smiled, cracking his neck and his knuckles. Stepping forward, he casually asked, “So… is magic allowed? Cause if so, that’ll be fun. If not… well, this will be less fun.”

The woman tilted her head, “Why wouldn’t it? I can more than handle it.”

A voice suddenly spoke up from the crowd as Jay approached the woman, Sylvie stepping out of the crowd. “Jay?”

“Hello, Sylvie. Guess I may have had one too many drinks. You should probably stand back.” Jay said sweetly, turning back towards the woman. “So… any rules I should be made aware of? And what determines a victor?”

“It’s simple. First you decide whether we are going to be fighting with training or real weapons. In training, it’s first to be knocked down. But if we go real… It’s first blood.” She explained casually. “But before all of that, let us introduce ourselves. According to her your name is Jay, correct?”

“Yeah, that’d be right. And you are, besides being a mysterious and probably skilled warrior…?” Jay asked, drawing his staff from his back, silently swearing when he noticed the long gash that was still in it.

“You may call me Kva, death priest of my master Taydar and B rank hunter of this guild.” She unraveled her whip, looking it and it’s spines over. “‘I heard about your latest mission to the mine. You’ve done the world a great service by sending those undead to their proper rest.”

“Thanks… but Sylvie did more than I could. I merely healed on that mission.” Jay responded, putting his staff on the ground, before orb of water he had conjured earlier floated over the heads of the crowd until it was directly over Sylvie. “So… Taydar… cool. I can’t really say I believe in gods just yet, but far be it from me to question other people’s faiths. By the way… do you mind taking the mask off? I kinda want to see who I’m fighting, otherwise it's just a name, and not an adversary.”

“The mask stays on. It is a symbol of my eternal service to Taydar.” She answered, stepping forward. At this distance Jay could see more of the masks details. The Metal mask wrapped around her head and had grooves that ran down from the back to the front, the design made almost made her look like a demon.

“Okay, okay. I understand. Still, is it only in combat that you wear that or is it all the time?” Jay asked, remaining at a distance from her as he slowly moved back, trying to gauge where she might attack from.

“I only remove it when I pray for the dead.” She answered, putting an arm behind her back and circling him slowly.

Jay started circling as well, doing his best to look tired. “I see. So I’d only get to meet you after I’m dead. That’s a shame. Oh well.” Jay started conjuring many water orbs to guard him forming a veritable shield, while he focused on her location and conjured a vortex of water to draw her blood.

Seeing his conjuring, Kva charged forward at lightning speed and when she reached his barrier, she pressed her feet into the ground, launching herself up the shield while stepping on some of the orbs to get her the rest of the way over.

“Crap.” The mage murmured, walking through his barrier quickly so Kva would be on the other side, simultaneously moving his vortex over to where he thought she’d land. Nonononononono bad priestess, no jumping at me…

As the priestess fell, she spun, allowing Jay to catch the glint of something long and red behind her back. Pulling her off hand out, a long rapier slid out of it’s sheathe, it’s blade the color of fresh blood. In a single swift and fluid motion, she touched the ground and lunged back towards the barrier, the sharp point of her blade aiming straight for Jay’s abdomen.

Jay moved his wooden staff in front of the blade while he panicked, and tried to redirect the vortex to be just in front of him, knowing he'd lose if he didn't end it soon. “Y’know… I might have underestimated you. Care to talk about anything?” The mage asked quickly, practically spitting the words out.

Standing in front of him now, she quickly and suddenly grabbed his arm, pulling it forward and swiping her whip across it, leaving what was essentially a papercut that slowly oozed out a single droplet of blood.

“It seems like I've lost. Thank you for allowing me to at least try to defeat you.” Jay conceded sadly, all of the water vanishing in mere moments.

“You need to stop panicking. You have a lot of power, but don’t let it be your crutch…” Kva spoke, stepping away from him.

“And if I may offer some advice in return… Don’t rely on your speed so much, and have a care to not try to injure yourself.” Jay responded, walking over to Sylvie. “You, uh, wanted me?”

Before she could speak, the priestess stepped between them. “Funny. I don’t believe it’s customary to take advice from the loser. You haven’t earned the right to give me pointers.”

The huntress narrowed her eyes, “Maybe you shouldn’t be so arrogant…”

“Perhaps he should be more humble. I have proved myself his better, after all.” She stepped in front of the green-haired girl.

“Kva, you seem nice, probably moreso when you aren't being rude, but please don't talk to Sylvie that way. I want to remain in a semi-good mood, so… stop. Please.” Jay said, his staff becoming coated in water.

Black0ut

Bars and Fights, Cont.

“Is that a threat?” She looked over her shoulder at the mage. “Very well then. Don’t heed my advice. One day I’ll lay your body to rest and pass your soul along to my master.”

“Is that so? Well, considering that slightly ominous remark and the couple of probably illegal brawls, I guess you wouldn't mind if Lady Havenbrook learned of this information?”

“I would not, in fact.” She stated simply. “I am well within the rules holding this combat session. And very little blood is being spilled. Not like when your huntress friend impaled that wolf girl.”

Sylvie looked straight into her eyes. “I healed her! How do you even know about that anyway?”

“I’ve watched you for some time, huntress. I keep a close eye on all the possible threats to my work.” Kva answered, crossing her arms.

Jay narrowed his eyes at Kva. “So what you mean to say is you're scared of C-rank Hunters finding out about what you're doing? Wow… that's kinda sad. Now, if you're done being rude, Sylvie and I are going to be leaving.” Jay replied, the venom in his voice evident and clear to all the spectators and Kva. He gently grabbed Sylvie’s hand and tried to lead her away.

As they walked away they would clearly hear the sound of Kva laughing behind them, “She is nothing more than a potential obstacle… Do you fear a stray log that blocks your path?”

The village girl sighed, “Jay I can handle her."

The Light Elven mage let go his girlfriend's hand, and kissed her cheek. “Alright. Do what you need to.”

“There’s no need for us to injure each other. I only have a problem with you if you get in the way of my master’s design.” The Black-clad woman said.

“And what is your design? To kill as many people as possible to make your god stronger?” Sylvie asked, turning to face her.

“People are worth little to my master anymore. So many come to him every day. I am here for monsters, much like you are.” Kva answered.

“Would you stop me from saving someone’s life to power your god?” The Huntress pressed further.

“Normally, when it is their time, no healing will save them. Besides, it is much more beneficial to keep one human alive, so I can more easily deliver the soul of our target.” Kva explained. “So for now, or if until you do something to impede my killing of monsters. We’re on the same side, huntress, and I’ll be happy to test you, just like your friend.”

Jay raised an eyebrow, and proceeded to sit down. “When said friend didn’t use many of his skills.”

“You assume the inverse about me?” She replied, Jay feeling like she was perhaps smirking under her helmet as she turned around to resume her sparring.

Mags stepped up from the back of the crowd, holding her harp closely. “She’s uhm… A little intimidating, isn’t she?”

“No… not really. The mask is a little too much, if you ask me.” Jay responded, glancing at Mags for a moment, before returning his attention back towards Sylvie.

“She worships that god of death… She’s not here to help people or save lives, she’s just here to kill things…” The Huntress noted. “I wonder why Miss Havenbrook would even hire someone like that.”

Jay shrugged, “Talent is talent, despite wherever it comes from. She’s probably useful in fighting, or she just has a certain administrative duty at the manor. She hired wandering sellswords who were interested in joining.” Jay pointed out, calmly examining his cracked staff. “Might need to get a replacement…” He mumbled to himself.

Sylvie looked over at the Sheep-Thrope, not having seen her before. “Who’s this?”

“Uh… I’m Mags… I ran into him at the bar.” She replied, giving a small wave.

“It’s good to meet you then. I’m Sylvie.”

“I’m uh… Surprised you’re out here…” The Sheep scratched her neck. “I heard you were… Sick?”

The village girl simply nodded. “I was.”

“I heard about that, but every time I came by, the healers told me that you were either fine and to give you space, or that you were sick and to avoid you so I wouldn’t get sick.” Jay commented, his orb that had floated over Sylvie began floating over Mags.

“It was the curse from those undead in the mines. The doctors said it would leave in time, but I stayed sick for a few days…” The Green-haired woman explained, putting her back against the wall of the manor. “Eventually they released me, but I was still lethargic and pale.”

Mags frowned. “That’s awful, I’m sorry.”

“But… I ran into Zulik… He pulled the curse out of me and the change was almost instant.” She finished, looking over at Jay.

Jay’s face remained neutral, mentally grimacing instead. Hmm… maybe he is being sincere, and just wants to be… friends with me. This does go a long way to doing that… “Well, I’m happy he was able to remove the curse. I would’ve been far more scared if it hadn’t.” Jay replied, gently grabbing her hand.

Sylvie smiled pleasantly, leaning forward and planting a light kiss on his nose. “I still don’t understand though… The curse was supposed to wear off… Is there something about me that’s different?”

“Well… I’m no stranger to the odd medical condition or two. I think it’s my magic doing it…” Mags chimed in.

“Doing what, Mags?” Jay asked, casting another glance towards the sheep.

“I uh… Well… I was born asleep, as my parents put it… They said I didn’t wake up for a week.” Magdalene explained. “I always figured it had something to do with my magic… It doesn’t seem that… common, really…”

“No… but there has to be at least one kind of similar birth to yours… Might have to ask one of the Netzis for assistance.” Jay pondered aloud, as he began to review any information that he deemed relevant. A soft glaze settled over his eyes as he thought, almost as if he were fading away from the world.

“Is something wrong, Jay?” Sylvie asked, tilting her head.

“Getting sleepy?” Mags confirmed. “I’m sorry, that uh… tends to happen around me…”

Snapping out of his stupor, The Light Elf shook his head. “No, no. I just was thinking slash planning something for your benefit.”

“Oh?” The huntress smirked slightly, “And what is that?”

“Well, for you… I think I’ll keep that a secret for now. Don’t want to ruin any surprises.” Jay flirted, smiling as he redirected his gaze to Mags. “As for you, I’ll do what I can to research up on what might have occurred during your birth and what magic may have caused you to sleep as a newborn.”

“Thanks Jay.” Mags smiled, bowing slightly.

“Well Jay… Whenever you are ready to show me that surprise… You know where to find me.” Sylvie chuckled, giving him another kiss before opening the door.

Jay watched the door close behind her, still somewhat twitterpated, before he came to his senses. “I’m so lucky…” The Light Elf practically whispered, before gazing down at Mags. “So… how long have you lived here, Mags?”

“Oh me? Uh… Maybe a month now I think…” She answered, her head perking up.

“So you’re new here like me. Well… there’s an elf by the name of Zulik who might be in need of some of your help. Guy doesn’t like me so I can’t help him go around the town, but you can. Can I rely on you to help him?” Jay asked, his face offering a pleading look.

“I uh… I…” She stammered, shrinking a little before taking a breath and standing straight. “I’ll do it. At least… I’ll try. You got it.”

“Thank you. I truly appreciate it, and if you ever need a favor or need something done, just come over to the Guild. Oh, and don’t be afraid of his...aura. He’s... somewhat of a nice guy.” Jay responded, giving her another coin.

“Oh uh… I don’t really need the money…” She said, inspecting the coin. “I’m more than happy doing it for free.”

“Well, I believe every kind act should be rewarded, so… consider this my weird and probably outlandish way of saying thank you.” Jay replied, taking another glance at the door Sylvie had disappeared behind.

“You two are cute together… You deserve someone nice like her.” Magdalene stated, playing with her harp.

“Thank you. It’s a sad day when former slaves are better than free men as dating options, but hey, that’s life.” Jay replied casually, stretching his arms behind his back.

“You were a…” The sheep-girl bit her lip, frowning sadly. “You know… My sister was captured by slavers for a number of years… She… doesn’t talk about it… she puts on a brave face… but I can tell her time with them still… affects her greatly… I’m so sorry that had to happen to you…”

“It’s okay. I try not to think about it anymore.” Jay replied, trying to hide the painful memories that had started to bubble up through the cracks.

Mags reached up, placed a hand on his shoulder, and gave him a comforting smile. “You have a friend in me, Jay.”

“The feeling is mutual, Magdalene.” Jay affirmed, giving Mags a smile, as he glanced several times at the door Sylvie had gone through.

Finally noticing this, she pulled her hand back and gave him a nod as she made her way back into the building and out of the crowd.

ExoGrim

ExoGrim and Zombiesplitter53: Corrupted Dreams

Zulik made his way back to the training grounds, avoiding the grove so that Titania wouldn't follow him. With his punching bag split in two, the corrupted elf was forced to practice on one of the training dummies set up in the grounds. He preferred not to rough, wooden beat-sticks, but he was going to anyways... for the sack of getting better.

"What's up, buddy?" Erin asked cheerfully, skipping along next to him. "Why so glum?"

"I'm sloppy, injured, and not in the mood." Zulik only gazed at the rabbit girl for a short bit before going back to his training.

Erin hopped up and down next to him, laughing childishly. "But I have something you'll want to hear about! It's exciting! Haha!"

Zulik paused and turned to the Thrope mage. "You're not acting like yourself."

"Heheh. Anyway, wanna know what I found out? It's about a certain someone's master!" Erin gave him a big smile, her big, buck teeth nice and shiny.

"Then get on with it already." Th priest stated irritably. "If you're not going to tell me why you're acting differently, then at least tell me what you know so I can get back to my work."

Erin gave him a dirty look, her neck slowly cricking to the side him an audible snap. "Stop being a jerk, or I'll take all the information you gave me and burn it," she threatened, a look of pure anger in her eyes.

"And now you're starting to scare me..." Zulik said in a worrisome tone. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Perfectly fine!" Esmeralda laughed. "You're weird today." She reached behind her back and pulled out a table, placing it between them and looking over the papers. "Now... your master. How well did you know him?"

Zulik blinked, realizing that the mage had suddenly turned into the librarian. "What's going on? I thought I was talking to Erin."

"Erin?" Es gave him a worried look. "Are you feeling okay? If you want to go over this stuff later, we can." She started to stuff the papers into her pockets.

"Oh no, no, no..." Zulik quickly said, flustered. "This is fine... we can go over your notes."

Es put the papers back. She climbed into the table and held a few up. "The Evil darkness thingy attacked you and your master, right? Just you two?"

"Yes, just the two of us... after he tracked us from my village." Zulik told her.

"But I only see evidence of it ever attacking large groups like villages, not just two people!" Esmeralda through some papers up. "Don't you see?! It's so obvious when you open your eyes to the truth!"

"Open you eyes...?" Zulik looked at the Light Elf with confusion and surprise. "What do you mean? What truth?"

"Your master summoned the darkness! It was him all along! He was working with it! Controlled it! And when he was afraid his pupil might be getting close to know the truth... he summoned it to kill you!"

"But if he was the one controlling it... then why did it kill him?" Zulik asked. "This doesn't make any sense..."

Es smacked him on the head. "What are you, blind? Stupid? It didn't kill him, he just wanted you to think that! Look!" She practically shoved a paper in his face. In big, red letters, written in his master's hand writing, it said, 'Tomorrow: Murder Zulik'.

Zulik knew his master's hand writing too well. There was no denying it was his. "But... why? After teaching me so much... why kill me?" Zulik muttered in disbelief.

"He was using you," Esmeralda said in a sinister voice, her expression turning dark. "Maybe this whole thing was part of your plan... including the corruption. And if that is true... he could come for you any day now." A loud explosion of thunder went off, the lightning briefly lighting the darkened sky.

Zulik looked up at the blackened sky. "If that's so, we need to head inside and warn Lady Havenbrook immediately!"

Es jumped off the table, kicking it to the side. "Come on! We have to hurry!"

Zulik quickly followed the Librarian to Lady Havenbrook's office. Please... don't let us be too late. The priest thought as he peered at the sky once more. A horrible feeling churned in his gut.

The doors to Mina's office flew open as he approached, stepping inside, Mina herself was staring down at her paperwork with a bored, tired expression. Outside her window, a storm raged, smashing heavy rain and branches against the side of the building.

"Lady Havenbrook!" Zulik exclaimed. "The manor is in danger. Master... wasn't who we thought he was. Now he seeks to attack us to get me back."

"Why do you always have to make trouble?" Mina muttered without looking up, her voice distorted. "Gods, why did I take you in? You could never fit in. Just a lot fuse on a barrel of corruption." She slowly looked at him, the wind causing one of her windows to burst open, shards of glass raining on her. "Should have killed you when we first met like I wanted to. Like everyone wants to."

Something is terribly wrong here... The corrupted elf thought, before preparing to be attacked.

Instead, a large branch flew through the window, smacking Mina hard on the head and flying into Esmeralda, the Light Elf flying back into the hallway wall. Despite all he had seen in his life, Zulik found he could only look at her impaired body with a sideways glance. He looked back at Mina, only to find her standing directly in front of him, blood rolling down her head.

"Lady Havenbrook... you should seek medical attention." Zulik said, disoriented by what was going on. "And we need to evacuate the manor. For everyone's safety."

"Why? Too late for you... too late... for all..." A thick, black cloud of pure darkness filled the the air outside the window. In the shape of a huge arm, it reached inside and grabbed Mina, squeezing tightly as it yanked her outside. Her death screams echoed into the room as the darkness slowly rolled in through the window.

Zulik, dazed by the guild leader's sudden death, fell to his knees. He couldn't believe this was happening... again. He was losing everyone he cared about, everyone who cared about him. His master betrayed him and was now here to kill him. He priest felt helpless... back in a corner with no where to run.

His despair literally rolled off him, as if channeled to some unknown location. As it did, a creature stepped out of the darkness. It's skin was black as the night skin, it's skin rubbery like whale skin. It was like a demon with its large horns, claws, two pronged tail, and leathery wings. Its most frightening feature, ironically, was the feature it lacked, for where a face would have normally been, it was completely blank. The creature slowly approached the downed man.

Zulik glared at the demonic figure. "You... will... PAY!" He charged the monster at full force.

The demon tilted its head at his approach, and it became like smoke, drifting out of the way and up to the ceiling. It watch the darkness as Jay came charging out of the cloud, himself corrupted and covered in burns. With a demonic scream, the former Light Elf attacked Zulik.

The corrupted elf froze. He didn't like the Light Elf too much, but he had no intentions of killing him... but something felt wrong. It was as if the elf wasn't real... but the Elf could only feel the corruption in his be wilderness.

As Zulik was forced to defend himself, the creature extended a hand towards him. The physical manifestation of his negative feelings flow behind him towards the doorway. It slowly swirled in a black hole, like a portal that was slowly growing as it was fed by Zulik. All the while, Jay attacked like an enraged animal, ignoring the pus, blood, and black fluids that leaked from his burns.

Zulik snarled, as he bashed the Sancros clone in the head with his gauntlet. If this was how it was supposed to be, then be it... Zulik wanted payback.

As desperation turned to rage, Zulik blind to the reality around him, or lack thereof, the creature dropped down to the ever growing portal and grabbed its sides, trying to widen it enough to fit through.

Zulik soon realized that he was being influenced somehow. He stopped fighting the shade of Jay and began to calm himself. He did what he could to control his emotions and find a way out of wherever he was right now.

The demon-like creature halted its actions, the portal ceasing to open. Slowly, it turned back to Zulik, it's head trained on him as it approached, reaching for him.

Zulik stared at the demonic creature with a blank expression. His patient was a perk of his training as a priest... and he intended to use it. The moment that the creatures hand was in range, Zulik grabbed a hold of it's wrist.

The creature 'stared' at him for a few moments. It lifted its free arm, as if to slash at Zulik, but didn't do so right away.

Zulik didn't flinch at the threat. He merely stood there, waiting to see what the creature would do.

It stayed in its threatening pose for the longest time. Realizing that Zulik could no longer be manipulated, it turned its arm into smoke and pulled it away from Zulik's grasp. As it backed away, the world around Zulik turned back to normal, the Evil disappearing, the manor returning to its original state.

Serves you right... The priest thought the world around him become normal again.

The creature slowly walked past him, and flew out the window silently, leaving Zulik alone in his dream.

ExoGrim

Corrupted Dreams Part 2

Zulik woke up for his slumbering state. He found himself in his room, with another note from Titania on him. He sighed... whatever happened, someone needed to know about it. It seemed like more than just a dream... like something was trying to use him. He proceeded to Erin's lab... silently hoping it was just a dream.

Erin herself yawned as she leaned back in her chair in her lab. A long, long night of experimenting with the recent haul of venom left her slowly dozing off.

Zulik walked into the room. "Erin, can I talk to you for a moment?" He asked, hoping to keep her wake long enough to talk.

"Hmm?" Erin yawned and stretched, her ears reaching their full length before flipping to the side. "Yes, of course." She slowly stood up. "Wide awake. What can I do for, my corrupted compatriot?"

"Do you know of a creature that can invade your mind?" The corrupted elf inquired.

Erin blinked a few times. "I know of many who can or have been said to have that ability. Can you be more specific?"

"It was like a walking shadow." Zulik explained. "It was large and had no face. It was trying to open some kind of portal."

"No face?" Erin chuckled. "What kind of creature..." Her smile quickly faded. "Large? Black? Leathery? And... did you see this being in a dream?"

"Yes too all of those questions." The priest responded. "Why... is it something bad?"

Erin leaned back against a desk. "Our world, by which I mean there plane of existence that we live in, is one of many. Besides the mortal realm, I am sure you know of others, such as the Demonrealm from which vile monsters seek to cross over, or the Otherrealm where the dead go. Another is the Dreamrealm, home to Methos, Goddess of Sleep and Dreams. What you describe sounds like a Nightgaunt, a creature that inhabits the Dreamrealm and serves Methos."

"A Nightguant?" Zulik tilted his head in confusion. "Whatever that is... why would it try to escape if it serves Methos?"

"I... don't know." Erin herself looked perplexed. "As I know it, Methos has little power in the Mortalrealm, at least compared to the other gods. Legend speaks of a time in which she attempted to rule all, but that was by plunging the world into an everlasting sleep and drawing us into her world, not coming into ours." She shook her head. "Regardless, even one Nightgaunt escaping to the real world would be disastrous if they keep the same powers in our realm."

Zulik sank into a chair. "And what better way to get across than through the corrupted one..."

"Perhaps. But it failed, right?" Erin smiled for a brief moment, only to frown again. "What if it tries again with someone else? There would be little to no way of predicting who it would be, assuming it was even someone nearby. I... I will have to some research and wait for the next victim to find a pattern."

"And what do I do?" Zulik asked. "If this is a serious as you say... then what happens when it attacks again? What do we do if it get to our world?"

"Well... dreams are weird that seeing the same strange, out of place thing can trigger a lucid dream, where you know that your dreaming. So if you see it again, you'll probably know you're in a dream, and it won't be able to open its portal thing if you do whatever you did before. And if it escapes?" Erin shrugged. "I don't know. I've never heard of anyone ever beating one."

"That's unsettling..." Zulik remarked as he stood back up.

"Agreed." Erin rubbed her eyes and yawned loudly. "Speaking of... sleep and dreams..."

"Do be careful... who knows who the next victim is..." Zulik said as he made his way towards the door. "Have yourself a good sleep Erin."

"Hope you can do the same," Erin responded, finally calling it quits and walking to the bed she had in the back.

Zulik smiled as he closed the door behind him. What am I so afraid of? These people have always been here for me... no matter what.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Complicated Part One (MarineAvenger and ExoGrim)

Arlia wandered the hallway, looking for the young child she had encountered on her time on guard duty. She wanted to talk to the kid, get to know him more, but also want him to help her with something. Hopefully, she would find him before Davon noticed that she was kinda avoiding him... things were a little complicated. She found that luck was on her side, the young man snoring away next to Mina's office door, a small white ball of fur on his rising and falling chest. Arlia slowly approached the Thrope, before shaking him lightly. "Hey, wake up."

"Grr... Five more minutes..." Drayce complained, patting Arlia's face.

"I need you to help me do something." Arlia smiled at the half asleep child. "I promise it'll be worth the time."

"How much worth?" he questioned.

"If the fun isn't enough... I may know of a small mouse family within the manor that I'd be willing to help you find." Arlia answered.

The ball on Drayce's head looked up at Arlia with a growl. "Got him already. No thanks. But what sort of fun?"

Arlia grinned. "You know a guy by the name of Davon?"

"We talked a few times..." He noted tiredly,

"How would you like to... prank him?" Arlia offered. "I promise he won't get mad at you."

"Mmm... Explain more." The Thrope demanded as he sat up.

"Well, I may have a plan to show him my new side... which involves a pie splattering across his face." Arlia grinned as she answered.

"And... You are sure he will like that?" the young dragon questioned with a yawn.

"Won't know until you try." Arlia countered. "Besides, I'm sure he'll get over it."

"So... I have to distract him so you can throw a pie at him, or I have to throw the pie at him to distract him. You are confusing."

"Or we can set up a simple trap to throw the pie for us." Arlia handed the young Thrope a paper. "This should work... all you have to do is set everything up before I lead him here."

"Fine, but if I am caught it is your problem." The dragon noted as he grabbed his puffball and ran off with the paper.

Arlia sighed. He seems like a interesting kid. The assassin thought as she walked off to find her lover.

Later...

Arlia found Davon in the most likeliest of places after a rather short search, passed out on his bed in a condensed ball. She smiled at the sleeping Davon. He was always cute when he was like this. She wanted to take the time to cherish this moment, but she had things to do. She leaned in a kissed him on the cheek. "Morning sunshine."

The assassin let out a tired groan, looking up at Arlia with a smile. "Hey there. I don't remember giving you a key."

"Sometimes you don't need a key to get into a room." Arlia remarked, holding two lockpicks in her hands. "These locks are simple enough and I figured you wouldn't mind that much."

"Mmm... If it's you I don't." the man noted as he caressed the side of her face.

"You have a moment? I want to show you something..."

"Show me something?" Davon questioned curiously. "What might that be?"

"It's a surprise..." Arlia teased. "You'll only find out if you come with me."

"Fine, but it better be good." Davon told her as he slowly got up, "I don't like having my naps disturbed."

"Trust me, it'll be worth your time." Arlia smirked as she led him to the hallway where she had talked to Drayce.

"So... You mind giving me a hint as to what this is?" her boyfriend inquired.

"But if I did, that would spoil the fun..." Arlia turned to Davon, walking backwards as they inched closer to the spot.

"All I ask is a little hint." the other assassin noted with a sly smile as he stalked closer to her.

"Okay, fine..." Arlia grinned. They had made it to the area where Arlia had the Thrope set up. She stepped on the tripwire and ducked quickly, a pie flying at the man. Despite his great reflexes, there was no conceivable way he could have avoided the dish. It splattered against his face, slowly sliding down his face till it fell to the floor. Arlia giggled lightly. "Now do you see why it was a surprise?"

There was a deep groan, wiping a hand down his face as he flicked the cream away. Davon then turned and walked away with an annoyed look and no words.

"Davon?" Arlia asked, following him. "Are you okay?"

"You know, you said this would be worth my time. Getting hit in the face with baked goods is not my definition of 'worth it'." he explained to her with an edge to his voice, wiping away more of the filling that covered his face. "What in the hell was that for?"

"I was trying to show you a different side of me." Arlia told him. "Show you that I'm more than just some cold-blooded killer."

"Arlia," Davon began, stopping and putting his hand on her shoulder to stop her. "Don't beat down someone's throat what they already know. If I only thought you were a killer, than this relationship would've never happened and I'd be in Stormrend collecting your bounty. I despise animalistic killers. We call that murder." Letting go, he turned back around and proceeded.

"Sorry..." The princess muttered, a tearing falling down her cheek. She then proceeded to dart over to her hiding hole near Erin's lab.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Complicated Part Two

She was alone for several hours by herself, but it didn't last much longer than that when Davon found her. "For an assassin, you don't hide that well." he noted to her.

Arlia sniffed and wiped away some of her tears. "Aren't you still mad at me?"

"Geez, just... Really proving that ignorant princess stereotype. I wasn't mad with you. I was irritated. I would say rightfully so that after everything I've said to you, that you are still uncertain whether I accept you or not. That's not a good thing. Not a healthy thing for a relationship."

"I just wanted to show you what I was really like..." Arlia said through her tears. "I just wanted you to know who you were really dating."

"I know who I am dating Arlia. Someone to care about, and that's enough. I love you. More then I have cared to feel for someone for a while. At first it was merely a ploy to see what kind of person you were before I turned on you, and then saw oppurtunities to use you, but hey, we all have bad habits." The man shrugged as he moved closer. "But I care for you in the end regardless. Youdon't need to go above and beyond to try to get me in live with someone I already do feel that way towards."

Arlia wiped away more tears. "Really?"

"I only lie with clients. And you are no client." Davon assured as he reached out and tickled her chin.

Arlia stood up. "I should find a way to repay you then... make up for what I've done wrong."

"So long as it doesn't involve a pie hun. To be honest... I am more of a cake man anyways." Davon noted as he leaned in and gave her a loving kiss.

Arlia embraced the kiss. When they were finished, he smiled at him. "You know... we could move on to the next step if you wanted."

"Elaborate." He teased.

"Maybe we could, you know." Arlia continued. "Have some fun in the bedroom... it would be my first time, so I thought I'd give you the honors."

"Princess is getting bolder it seems. Well, I am to be your king. That means taking care of you. Besides, Stormrend will need a prince or princess someday." he whispered to her coyly.

"Just show me the way." The princess said with a sly smile.

"I have a feeling this will become a regular thing. Hope if things turn sour you have the heart to be a mother." he stuck his tongue out to tease her as he extended a hand.

"I wouldn't know until I tried." Arlia accepted the hand and followed him.

Later that night...

Davon let out a tired yawn, running his hand up Arlia's bare thigh as he gazed down at her lazily. "Never took you to be so sensual. Now that is certainly a new side of you love."

"You'd be surprises of the things I can do with the right motives..." Arlia teased before pressing her lips against Davon's. "Ready for round two?"

"I've already stuffed you like a turkey woman... Where the hell is all this stamina coming from?" Her lover asked with a raised eyebrow,

"I'm a lady in her prime... I have all the energy I need." Arlia replied, a smirk touching her face.

"Yeah well..." he reached under the covers and poked her full lower abdomen. "I think anymore and you will pop."

"Oh, come one..." Arlia leaned towards the man's ear and whispered seductively. "I know you want to."

"Mmm... In a couple more minutes." Leaning down, he kissed her neck a couple times. "So, would you want a boy or girl?"

"I'm not picky, I'll take what fate gives me."

"It'll be hard to be an assassin after the first couple of months. When it's born, I am sure we will have sitters." He noted.

"Let's worry about that when it happens." Arlia stated. "I just want to enjoy the moment for now."

"Arlia... I love you,"

"I love you too... Davon."

Dahlexpert

The fallowing is a colaberation between Dhalexpert & Zombiesplitter53
Relationships are difficult sometimes

The Havebrook Manner

Charter rode on Slone until he saw the Guild mansion."Ugh it's good to be home, even if it's been a few weeks." Charter got off Slone and removed a bag that Slon had on his waist. "Slone go back to your pack, i'm sure your mate will be happy to see you. As for me ugh I’m sure Es is going to be mad at me hopefully what I brought her will at least calm her nerves." Slone licked his masters and went to his pack.

As for Charter he made his way to the manor and went past the guards and entered the manor. "Ugh now then off to the library."

As he made his way there, a voice floating behind his head asked, "Where Van Hume going?"

"Ou hay Chico how you been, is there something I can help you with?"

"Is Chivi, no Chico, silly Hume." The Netzi floated alongside him. "Not see you for long time. Not even passing in weeks. Been gone, yes?"

"Yea last mission we were in my home county, haven't been there in years so I decided to visit my family."

"Oh, family. I see, I see. Understand now." Chivi tapped her lip. "Hear rumor. You and book Celsie doing the bump bump?"

"I'm guessing you’re talking about Esmeralda, and those rumors were true. Yes were together."

Oh, I see! I see!" Chivi clapped her hands together. "Is why she has the stock in rear!"

Charter raised his eyebrows. "She She has a what now?"

"Stock... no, um... Hume idioms confuse me..." Chivi thought on it. "Stick... up her butt? Is meaning she not happy. Fussy? Act like something bothers."

"Yeah that makes sense I did just sorta leave, gods this is going to be a pain. We're is Esmeralda anyway her usual spot in the library?"

"Last I see." Chivi floated into his path and stopped, placing her hands on her hips. "Have the sorries gift? Is important."

"It's something, I figured she would be mad at me or something. Took my parents advise with relationships and they said a gift is needed for this type of situations. Anyway i'm going to go and weather the storm of her anger, you probably don't want to be anywhere around the library."

"Me? No. But will pray to all gods for Van Hume's lucky lucky." Chivi held her hands together and dramatically bowed her head before flying off.

"Yea, probably should have brought Slone he could have stood in front of me and guard me. Alright best not to delay the enviable." Charter opened the doors to the library and once inside closed and locked them. "Es i'm back."

The room was silent for what felt like an eternity. Finally, Esmeralda poked her head around a corner. "C... Charter? Is that you?"

"No i'm the sprite of the mastion andI like haunting lights elves, who do you think it is yes it's me. i'm back."

"Don't smart talk me," As muttered softly, stepping out into the open and crossing her arms.

"Hi it's good to see you again, I missed you hon."

She gave him an angry look. For a moment, she closed her fists and shook a bit. Before long, however, her lip started to quiver, and she dropped to her knees, covering her eyes and sobbing.

Charter put his bag down and, keeled down and hugged her." Look i'm sorry alright I just wanted to go home for a bit alright, I haven't been home in years I just wanted to see my family again it was a sperr of the moment thing alright."

Esmeralda slowly nodded, wiping her eyes. "I just... wish you had... planned this ahead of time, and... let me know. I... I-I missed you."

"Look I’m sorry alright, I didn't mean to worry you. It’s just I was back in my home country for the first time in years and I just decided it. But hay at least this shows that you do truly care huh, so I’m sorry, anyway whip your tears. I brought you a few things from home."

Es wiped her eyes again and slowly stood up. "A... gift?"

Character also stood up and reached into his bag." Yes a gift, what you think I had no plans for this? If you thought that you're right, my mom and sister had to help me with this."

Esmeralda sniffled a bit but smiled. A voice in the back of her head told her she should be yelling or crying, but her naturally pleasant attitude made staying upset difficult. "What is it? Show me."

Charter opened his bag and showed a bocce of flowers that was covered in ice." these are from Lustania, I figured that you missed home so I got you these."

"I... I-I..." Esmeralda took them and held them gently. "These are... I haven't seen some of these flowers in so long..." A tear formed in her eye for a different reason now. "Thank you, Charter. I don't know what to say..."

"You already said thank you, that's good enough for me." I also have another gift for you, if you want of course?"

Esmeralda nodded. "This gift is good enough for me. But if you already got it, it would be rude of me to refuse, so... gimme gimme."

Don't make me regret this Es.Charter,pulled out a dress the dress was yellow with a few flowers on it. "I think this is called a sundress, sorry i'm not used to this sort of thing."

"Oh! I love it!" Esmeralda put the flowers to the side and took the dress, pressing it against herself. "It's beautiful! And just in time for spring. Thank you so much!"

"You can thank the females in my family for this. My sister for freezing the flowers and my mom for the dress."

Esmeralda nodded. She placed the dress to the side and threw her arms around Charter. "I love them. Love you."

Dahlexpert

Part 2

Character character eyes widen, he held Es arms and slowly got her off him." Ok you love the gifts great, but saying you love me? That's pushing it a little don't you think?"

"Oh!" Esmeralda quickly stepped back. "I'm sorry! I just... got caught up in the moment, a-and I was mad at you but also really glad to see you, and I loved the flowers a-and the dress and... and..." She had to take several deep breaths to keep from hyperventilating.

Charter smiled at Esmerelda and put his hand on her head. "Calm down, you just got caught up it happens. Look I like you to Es and sorry for making you worried alright."

Esmeralda nodded. "It is good to have you back. And..." She twirled a strand of hair around her finger. "If you want to make it up to me... you can tell me how it was. How were siblings? What did everyone think when you showed up? How did it feel to be home again?"

"How did it feel being back, great it felt great being home. Now as for my family it was weird, my brother is the captain of the guard not surprising. Now as for my sister it was surprising, when I left home she was nine years old now she's eighteen and practically a grown woman. My mom was happy to see me, my father. He was happy in his own way."

"Was he... okay with you leaving and doing the whole wondering knight thing?" Es asked with a bit of concern.

"Better then I thought, actually he's very proud of me. Fortunately he kicked me out of the iron legion, says I'm not ready yet and to focus more on the guild. And work on my relationship to."

Es blushed a bit. "W-what did they think of me?" She floated up on a small gust of wind and crossed her legs together. "More importantly, what did you tell them about me?"

"I told them you were a librarian and a sweet, kind, and gentle Light Elf. They didn't mind it in fact. I'm sure they would love to meet you.”

Esmeralda nodded. "Well, I wouldn't mind visiting Mirandia again. Barely got to spend any time there in the past." She smiled brightly. "Oh, I got a letter from my parents while you were gone about you!"

"You mentioned me to your parents? Well what did they say?"

"Ummmmmmm..." Es practically flew away towards the back of the library. She returned a minute later with a hand written letter in beautiful text. "Let's see... 'Glad you found someone to take care of you... want to see what he looks like... um, don't forget to make sure he is happy... funny your found a knight in the Univer..." she trailed off, and cleared her throat. "And more about taking care of your needs and contacting them soon."

"Hmm, well, so they want you to take care of my needs, and my family want me to take care of you. Heh, it's funny how family tells us to take care of the other person. Seems so obvious, huh?"

Es giggled. "Yeah, though my family is kinda... traditional. You know, the guy protects the girl and provides for her, and the girl takes care of the guy and makes sure he's happy. Making sure he's comfortable. Feeding him. Stuff like that."

Charter giggled. "My folks, on the other hand, well they would love to see you as a woman that can take care of herself. But I guess I could try and be that person, just not sure how though."

"Mmm... Idunknow." Es spun around so she Was laying on her back, looking at him upside down. "But what does that matter? We'll just... be nice to each other. Be honest if we're upset about something, or like something, or dislike something. I'm sure everything else will fall into place."

Charter wlaked next at Esmerelda and kissed her. "I like that Idea. There is another idea I like though." He picked up her up and started to carry her through the library.

Es giggled and held on tightly. "And what is that?"

"Well, we both have needs, and I'm sure that one time per Lover's Day was not enough for the both of us. And since you practically live here, I'm sure you have a bed somewhere around here."

"Hmm... I don't know..." Esmeralda tapped her lip. "I was supposed to punish you. Though... no reason I should be punished. In fact... you should reward my patience, right?"

"Uh huh, good logic. Now then, do you have a bed here?"

"Of course, silly. Not gonna sleep in the floor." Reaching the back where few seldom wondered, they stepped through a curtain of white with little pink flowers. Within was a plethora of books scattered to and fro, a few bookshelves lined with knicknacks and a few flowers, and clothing of various varities hanging up, in neat stacks, in messy bundles, or in baskets, the 'room' fairly messy. In one corner was a nice, fluffy looking queen sized bed, with white sheets, a heavy violet quilt, and several pillow and stuffed animals on it.

"Heh, nice place you have here. Very Elvish like." Character gently put Esmeralda on her bed.

"I've been told I'm messy, but I know where everything is, so it is a controlled mess." Es layer on her side and seductively rubbed the side of the bed. "Hey, soldier. Why not take off your armor and stay awhile? I won't bite... unless you ask me to."

Charter rolled his eyes, and took off his armor. Once his armor was off, he layed next to Es. "You know, I could get used to this. It's not a bad feeling."

Esmeralda laughed. "What, laying next to me, or sleeping in the library? Because both have their perks..." She blinked. "...I think. I've never slept with myself. Never... like, made a copy of myself and... I mean that would be cool, because it would be like having a sister that likes all the things I like, but... uh... what were we talking about?"

Charter rolled over on top of Esmeralda and started to passionately kiss her. "Heh, I believe we were going to get to the good part of this discussion." He blew into Es' ears.

The Light Elf giggled. "Let's make up for lost time together."

"Now that I can agree with."

Black0ut

Black0ut and ZombieSplitter53 present:
Pilfering, Pillaging, and Plundering

Serasam
South of the Havenbrook Manor
March 7th, 3349
1:23 p.m.

The Havenbrook Hunters casually travelled south, intent on meeting a caravan and escorting it back to the manor. It was an odd mission. The objectives were clear enough; make sure the caravan succeeded in bringing its contents through bandit territory, which was unusually active right now. What was odd was the secrecy surrounding the actual contents they were to safeguard. What's more, Erin Starstorm of all people was along for the ride, doing her best to ride on a horse, obviously not used to it.

Titania struggled to put her iron helmet on, as she tried to find the slits Ed had put in for her more Thrope-ish part. After finally fitting it on, she sighed and quickly looked over her equipment, before looking at the lab head. "Soooo... I got to ask: what brings the Laboratory Head to a simple protection mission? Not that I don't trust your skills, but, uh... it's kind of peculiar." The Wolf Thrope brought up, looking away from Erin while she talked to her.

"Stupid beast of burden," Erin muttered to her horse, needing a moment to realize she was being talked to. "Oh, um... I'm not sure I'm supposed to tell you. Uh... well, I can say we are protecting an item of great importance to the fields of science and magic, and they want me to watch over it to make sure it... is not disturbed."

"Okay... still slightly uneasy about this. And this armor is weird. Maybe I should've stuck with studded leather..." Titania trailed off, as she became lost in her own thoughts before gently shaking her head to recover. "Anyways, could you at least give me a hint? Just something to ease my worries?"

"Uh..." Erin but her lip, and looked around. The head of the group, a Light Elf named Bronson, was a little ahead of them, while Chivi flew overhead with her Construct. After a bit of a struggle, Erin was able to move her horse close to Titania's, and she softly said, "It's some kind of egg."

"Thank you, although your answer raises a few questions, but I suppose those can wait. So... um... besides that, I have to ask you, for a friend of mine, if you'd be willing to consider having some extra help around the lab. He's illiterate, but he's learning and retains quite a bit of knowledge on a variety of subjects." Titania pitched nonchalantly, knowing Jay would curse her for days if he knew what she was doing.

"Hmm... well, the secondary lab might be okay, but the illiterate thing might get in the way. So I would have to take him in the main lab..." Erin slowly tapped her lip. "Well, I'm always to give someone a try, so I don't see why not. My work has been getting a bit hectic lately..."

"Great!" Titania replied cheerily, beaming with happiness before she recalled the day she brought in Arlia to the Rabbit Thrope. "Umm... I know its kinda over and I shouldn't worry about it, but... I'm sorry for my behavior in your lab the other day. I was just having a bad day, and, uh, I shouldn't have let my animalistic side get the better of me." The Thrope unsheathed and swung her new short sword a few times.

Erin took a deep breath. "It is... okay. Unfortunately, I too have to deal with my animal side, and it tends to activate the flight side of my fight or flight response when threatened. But... you have now apologized twice, so you are forgiven. Besides, I found your friend more threatening, and less apologetic considering the help I have her."

"Yeah... Arlia can be a bit much at times. But if she feels her secrets or friends are at risk, well... her rude conduct was probably the nicest she could've been, as you know both of our secrets." Titania explained apologetically, sheathing her blade, and rubbing one of her ears gently.

"I understand. Still unpleasant, but I understand." Erin smiled.

The group leader dropped back a little and said, "We should catch sight of them any minute now. Titiana, you'll be escorting from the front. Given your talents, you'll be the quickest to respond if anyone goes for a frontal assault."

"Right on it, Sir." The Swordswomen replied, cracking her knuckles as she unsheathed her shortsword. She looked over at her distracted friend and gave him a nudge. When that failed to produce a response, Titania started trying to get his attention. "Jay, are you okay? You're awfully quiet..."

"Hangovers tend to have that effect, yes." The Light Elf groaned, rubbing his temples gently.

"I trust that won't keep you from defending the rear, right?" Bronson asked his fellow Light Elf. His tone was light hearted and her have Jay a friendly smile.

"It won't affect my ability to fight. I'll probably take a nap after we're done, though..." Jay responded, one of his hands reaching for his staff in preparation for the job at hand. He returned the smile with a grin, and used his staff as a walking cane.

The group arrived to find the caravan unharmed and slowly making its way north. After a brief talk between the heads of the groups, the party continued back towards the manor. Titania took her place at the front while Jay took the rear. Chivi kept watch overhead and Bronson ride next to the center cart, which Erin disappeared into for an hour.

Eventually she came out and rode up to Titania, a big grin on her face. "I... that... wow..."

"Is it cool looking?" The Wolf Thrope asked, a smile creeping its way onto her face.

"Oh, cool looking doesn't even begin to describe it, but... oh, the things I could study with..." Erin took a deep breath, and looked back. "Can... you keep a secret?"

"I always can. What is it you want to tell me?" Titania asked, her excitement evident in her voice.

"Well, I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but..." Erin looked around again and whispered, "I think it is the egg of some kind of demon."

"A demon? As in, the-realm-where-creepy-creatures-try-to-come-into-our-plane-of-existence demons? That's... a little unnerving if I'm going to be honest. Like if that's the egg of a demon... where is the creature that laid it?" Titania inquired, casting a nervous glance back at the center cart.

Erin gave her a comforting smile. "Don't sorry about that. We found it frozen in The Land of Ice. It has been there for a really long time, so I doubt mommy will be looking for it."

Titania nodded, still glancing back suspiciously at the cart. "If you say so, Erin... it's still creepy." She yawned, leaning her head back, as her attention returned to the road in front of her.

"You hung-..." Erin darted her head to the side, her ears twitching as she thought she heard something. After a moment of silence, she continued. "You hungover too, dear? Honestly, I have never seen the point of consuming alcoholic beverages until you make a fool of yourself."

"No, I'm not hungover. I rarely drink, although I can drink a lot of alcohol if I truly wanted. Jay... my friend, he drinks out of depression, although he is a happy drunk, and that happiness persists even when he's hungover." Titania explained, her ears twitching as well.

"I have heard rumors about him." Erin's ears sagged a bit. "Of they are true, I suppose I understand why he would prefer to be lost in inebriation."

"Yeah... He asked me not to share... but since you told me a secret, and since he's the one who I was telling you about wanting to work for you... what have you heard so far about him? I'll clarify anything you want me to." Titania offered, turning her head to look at Erin.

Erin shrugged. "That he was a slave. That it has left him quite bitter. And that it was during some cruel treatment that he lost his eye."

Titania grimaced and nodded, "And you'd be right on all accounts. He... usually doesn't like Humans or Elves, as they were his owners... um, I technically own him. And it was when he was forty when he had his cruelest master who... tortured him for any slight misdeed for a couple weeks, that he lost his eye. He can't walk right anymore, as his leg healed wrong after being broken. And he's only been free for four years." Titania whispered, afraid her compatriot would overhear. "He's... trying to be more tolerant of Humans and Elves, but occasionally he still needs a nudge in the right direction."

"I think he has done well, given his past." Erin looked back to where Jay would be. "Whatever happened to that particularly cruel master? Was he the one you purchased Jay from?"

"No, I got him five years after... she sold him. And as for how she's doing... some silver-haired girl visited her and broke all her limbs. I have no idea who she was, but, uh, I'm glad she did what she did." The Wolf Thrope replied, her expression darkening for a moment or two, before returning to its usual cheery nature.

Erin nodded. "One can only hope that such retribution visits all who act with such unfettered cruelty."

Last edited:

Black0ut

Pilfering, Pillaging, and Plundering, part 2

"Wolf Anmie." Looking to her right, Titania found Chivi floating next to her, a concerned expression on her face. "Is trouble."

"What does it look like, Chivi?" Titania asked, unsheathing her longsword, so she held both swords in her hands.

"Not good, not good. Saw woman in brush. Follow her I did, secret secret. I see another. Look more, see another." Chivi tried to hide her worry in case someone was watching. "Surrounded, we are. Ready to strike, anytime. At least a dozen, perhaps more."

"Bandits... they'll regret attacking this caravan. Chivi, casually make your way back to the others and inform them of what you saw. Erin, I know you're not a Hunter, but I'm going to need you to hit them pretty hard with your magic. As-in-they-don't-get-back-up kind of hard. Can you do that for me?" Titania asked, as her ears perked up and began listening for the nearby enemies.

Chivi slipped back, not looking quite as casual as one would hope, but well enough that the bandits didn't rush them. Erin subtly held up her hand, three orbs of red, yellow, and green energies swirling around her palm. "A Hunter I may not be, I have no intention of sitting back while such a precious find is plundered by a group of ruffians."

Titania smiled viciously, and cracked her neck. "Well... regardless, I hope to see you after the battle is over. Don't die. That's a, uh, my only request to you." Titania said hesitantly, her loss of words, disrupting her confidence for a second before it returned. She surveyed the trees nonchalantly, as she continued to talk to Erin. "Well, Rabbit, you want to show them what happens when Predators team up with Prey?" Upon saying this Titania's eyes turned feral, her animal side trying to pop out despite the danger involved with doing so.

"Sounds like fun. I could use the workout." Using her excellent hearing to obtain a few targets, Erin quickly hopped off her horse and sent a surge of wind energy, three bandits crying out as they were thrown into the air or into trees.

Titania laughed as she started to blur, before disappearing entirely. She reappeared behind an unfortunate bandit before plunging her shortsword into the woman before yanking it out to proceed onto her next target.

Over a hundred water and light projectiles formed, all in the shapes of arrows or crossbow bolts, but none moved unless a bandit moved too close to the carts. "None shall pass" Jay growled, feeling that he had exerted almost half of his magical reserve. Need to be careful... I may have to heal wounded.

Chivi floated above, out of danger save for the occasional arrow she had to dodge. Meanwhile, her mechanized avian soured near ground level, using speed for quick hit and run tactics. A single lucky bandit managed to jump up and grab it, only for a surge of wind magic to throw him away.

For her part, Erin stated as far from the enemy as she could, knowing she was little use close up. She interchanged gusts of wind, fireballs, and spikes of earth to keep those she aimed at guessing.

Titania ripped through the bandits, settling on stabbing whatever she could as her signature killing method, a dent appearing due to a quick, but now deceased, bandit's attack. Her legs soon began to protest her speed, but she didn't listen to her body's warning signs, instead partially transforming so her fur covered her body, only to start to be dyed red.

Jay casually sat back and begun to read a child's book with various pictures, trying desperately to read it all the while his magic kept potential threats away. "I... I ah-cept you-your apology? I think that's right..."

Erin fell back as a stealthy bandit nearly slit her throat. As he prepared to take her out, a gunshot rang out, and he dropped. "Be vigilant, rabbit friend!" Bronson helped her to get feet. "In the words of the great Kemarin General Stephana, 'One can not attack you blind spot if you are sure not to have one'."

"Right..." Erin looked down at the slit in her robes. "Damn... this was one of my favorites." She blasted a bandit with an extra strong fireball. "Shouldn't you be guarding the package? Isn't that your job as leader, to assure the main mission success."

Bronson struck down one bandit with his Kingswood before swinging it at two others, the weapon unfurling into a chain whip. "I am taking the strategy of the Mirandian Commander Evena Delcrute, and concentrating the more skilled troops in the frontlines, thus eliminating any need for a strong inner guard. I have left the guard duty to the soldiers who lake in comparison to the might of a Havenbrook Hunter!" The man spoke with triumphant confidence, obviously a man of the battlefield. "My flying companion! Be a dear and scout ahead for reinforcements! Titania, are you rationing your reserves of strength and speed well enough, or do you need backup?"

"I'm fine!" Titania roared back, as she slowed down, now blurring instead of disappearing entirely. She continued her tactic, massacring any unfortunate fool who dared to oppose her.

Jay walked forward placing a hand on Bronson's shoulder. "It might serve you well, sir, to let her rampage like that without any spoken words. This... this is her venting, so... you might want to avoid calling out to her. She'll let you know if she needs backup." Jay advised, his book still in his free hand.

"Ah." Bronson nodded in understanding. "Like the Great Major General Tiana Frendy, charging into battle with rage in her heart and unleashing it on all those standing in her way. Being a Thrope had little to do with her being known as the Lion of the Battlefield."

"We get it, you like military history!" Erin floated in the air for a moment, and sent forth a large gust that deflected several arrows aimed at them.

"Is trouble! Super trouble!" Chivi flew next to the two Light Elves. "Is block for road. Many Humes of stealing. And big bang-bang, aiming down road."

"Bang-bang?" Bronson asked, not following.

Jay searched through his knowledge to identify what ‘bang-bang’ meant, and turned pale when he realized what it was. "They have a cannon... We need to get off the road. Now."

Titania continued slicing through her foes until she realized none were in her kill zone. She looked down at her hands, slick with blood of her kills, and began to remember a village she had gone through... but her head hurt at the memory, as if it was forbidding her from retrieving it. She ran back to the group, most of her fur that was out being a dark red. "Where do you need me to go?"

Erin gave her a concerned look, knowing of her bloodlust but not thinking it would be so extreme. "U-um... uh, this road is the most direct route back to the manor. It is possible to go back to find another route, but the bandits are likely counting on that. Our best bet would be to destroy the cannon and the ride block. I might be able to do that..." She turned to Jay. "But I need your help to do that."

"You got it, Ma'am." Jay replied quietly, tucking away his book underneath his armor, as he turned almost all of his attention to the Rabbit Thrope. "What do you need me to do?"

"I need your water magic... and your help getting close to them without them noticing me." Erin gave a rare look of a lack in confidence of herself.

Bronson rubbed her chin. "The three of us can work as a distraction while you get her close enough to do her... whatever. Much like the battle of Helivana Bay."

"You got it, Ma'am." Jay repeated, grabbing out his damaged staff.

Black0ut

Pilfering, Pillaging, and Plundering, part 3

"They won't get the chance to hurt you while I draw breath." Titania said, nodding as she wiped her swords off on the ground.

The caravan moved forward, approaching the roadblock just outside of the range of the cannon, though that didn't stop the bandits from firing it as an intimidation factor. Either that, or they were unaware of the range of their weapon. While the three acted to keep the enemy distracted, Erin quickly moved among the trees with her escort. "You know," she whispered, "The Manor has an armory where you can get that staff fixed."

"As much as I'd like to replace the missing pieces with something, I... I kind of made a promise that I'd use only this staff, and this staff alone. Although, if I had to ask for someone to repair it, my girlfriend could probably do it." Jay whispered back, noting that his remaining orbs were doing well at keeping the bandits at bay.

"Girlfriend, huh? Well... I would suggest doing that. A damaged weapon is much easier to repair then a bro-" A bandit jumped from a tree. Erin fell back with a help as the bandit lifted her crossbow.

Shit, I can’t conjure in time! Just as the bandit fired, Jay jumped in front of the bolt intended for Erin, and promptly fell to the ground with a thump, and laid there, his body still.

"No!" Erin held up her hand, a spike of earth stabbing into the bandits belly, killing her gruesomely. Erin rushed to Jay's side. "Please don't be dead!"

The bolt stuck out of the Light Elf's chest, the leather armor having providing no protection against the bolt. Jay coughed and held a hand to the wound. "Oh... would you look at that... guess diving in front of people is no-" Jay coughed again, blood coming out of his mouth. "Could... you help me up? I can still make it..." He asked weakly, coughing once more.

Erin helped him to a sitting position, but shook her head. "No. I need your magic to cast my spell, but you need it more to heal. We... will just have to risk finding another way. I... I-I will do what I can to help you back to the others."

"There's no -cough- time. Break the arrow... and use fire magic -cough- to seal it. I'll be able to walk then." Jay replied, as he found his staff on the ground and held it in both hands.

"I... I-I've never done..." Erin took a deep breath. She carefully snapped the bulk of the bolt, and grabbed a wood chip, having Jay bite down onto it. She was skilled with her magic, and incredibly precise, but it didn't stop her sealing the wound from being unbelievably painful.

Jay screamed, as she cauterized the wound, the pain being slightly less than when he had lost his eye. His tears streaked down his face, and he gripped his staff hard until his knuckles turned white.

When she was done, she said, "I'm sorry, I-I'm sorry. Please, we... w-we can... go back."

Water appeared under the wounded Elf, lifting him to his feet. He leaned on his staff, the pain rendering him crippled. His skin had paled, while somewhat dry blood remained on his pale flesh. Conserving his strength, Jay merely nodded, and took a few slow steps forward, nearly falling for his troubles.

Water appeared under the wounded Elf, lifting him to his feet. He leaned on his staff, the pain rendering him crippled. His skin had paled, while somewhat dry blood remained on the pale flesh. Conserving his strength, Jay merely nodded, and took a few slow steps forward, nearly falling for his troubles.

An orb of about the same size formed, joining the other orbs. A large vortex of water also appeared, blocking the line of sight of the bandits so they wouldn't be able to attack Erin accurately.

Erin slowed her breath, concentrating on the magic. After a minute, she stepped forward through the vortex, the orbs of magic swirling faster and faster and bluring together. By the time bandits knew what was coming, it was too late. For one brilliant moment, the now gigantic ball of turbulent magic glowed before flying into the blockage, the unrestrained magical explosion leaving no person or cannon behind to tell the story.

Erin looked around at the former blockade, seeing if any had survived. Luckily, she saw no one, because her strength quickly left her. She fell back, laying flat on the ground. "We... did it... Jay. You... still... with me?"

Jay didn't respond, his eyes closed, and the seared flesh visible. His chest barely rose, his breathing labored.

Titania upon realizing that the bandits had routed searched for Erin and Jay, before finding the two on the ground. "A... are you guys okay?"

Erin slowly rose to a sitting position. "N-no, not exactly. Jay got shot with a bolt. We need to help him fast."

"H-how do we do that? I-I don't have any medical training!" Titania panicked, glancing several times at Jay.

Erin took several deep breaths. "We, um... we have to get the bolt out. Um... luckily, he's already out. But we need to keep him stable."

"Leave that to me." Bronson leaned next to Jay, holding out his arms. "I have studied the earth healing techniques of the great Shogun Xie Fu. I shall make sure his breath does not cease while you cut it out, Titania."

Titania nodded, and shakily drew her dagger. She took a moment to steady herself, and subsequently, her hand. She gently grasped the bolt and held her knife to the wood. "Gods help me..." Titania murmured, as she started cutting the bolt.

As he sensed Jays heart rate go up, Bronson did all he could to keep the man stable. Erin watched with her hands pressed against her mouth, shaking ever so much. She had seen others die around her, but she didn't know if she could live with the guilt of someone dying in her place.

Jay suddenly coughed, causing Titania's blade to stop. "D-did... did we win?" He asked weakly, an orb of light appearing.

Black0ut

Pilfering, Pillaging, and Plundering, part 4

Erin slowly smiled. "We did. All thanks to your perseverance."

Several more lightorbs appeared, as Jay coughed once more. "I suppose... I should conserve... my energy... but thank you, Ma'am. It was an honor to -cough- fight by you." Jay's eyes started to glaze as several of his orbs struck him, the Light magic keeping him alive. "I... I can keep myself alive... long enough to survive surgery... But-" Jay started to say, as all of his orbs flooded into him and rendered him unconscious.

"Godsdammit..." Titania swore under her breath as she continued her work on the bolt.

Bronson looked up at her. "A cool head will be your best friend. He has helped himself significantly. Just keep calm, and keep your hands steady."

A brief glare from Titania's still feral eyes was the only response Bronson got, as she continued her work. I... I can't do this! Oh gods... gods... If there are any divine beings that can hear me... please help me out right now... just help me steady my hands so I can save his life… please... Titania prayed, her face growing grim with every unsuccessfully extraction of the bolt.

Still your heart my child, whispered a voice on the wind. Though she saw nothing, Titania could feel a warm presence, and a hand lay upon hers. It steadied her shaking limb, gently guiding it. You can do this. Simply believe in yourself.

Titania calmed down and tried to do what the voice she had heard told her to do. Using her gloved fingers instead of her dagger, she gently grabbed and pulled the bolt up slowly, so as to not damage Jay's internal organs more than they already were. After a few moments, the head of the bolt lay on the ground, and Titania shook, slightly traumatized by the surgery. "O-okay... w-we need to keep moving, otherwise the bandits might come back..." Titania said aloud to no one in particular. Thank you... whichever deity helped me... thank you for your aid.

Bronson lifted Jay and carried him back to the caravan, which quickly started forward again. Erin stepped over to Titania, simply smiling and nodding, before joining the others.

Titania's shuddering continued, but she stood up from her kneeling position, and headed back to the caravan as well. She glanced back a few times towards the bloody spot where Jay had laid, wondering who's voice she had heard. "Thank you again, mysterious god or goddess..." She murmured aloud, as her fur retracted until only her permanent Thrope features remained.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dahlexpert & ZombieSplitter53
War & Chaos
Part One

Serasam

A woman was traveling on the road wearing a fancy black dress with an umbrella over her head. The woman stopped in front of Venakin Castle. "Oh, a new home. Finally something to my standards. As she opened the door, she could see signs of a battle. "Oh my, it looks like someone had fun in here. Damn, wish I could meet the people that did this."

As she made her way through the entryway, she felt the presence of something watching her. Slowly, all around, the supernatural denizens of the building turned visible and approached. One held her head up, the mouth opening to scream.

As soon as the ghostly figure opened it's mouth, the well-dressed woman lashed her hand into the ghost's mouth, her hand coming out the back of it's neck. The ghostly figure disappeared and the hooded woman looked at the other ghosts. She took off her hood and her umbrella and she showed her face. She had dark ember eyes and light purple hair.

"Allow me to make this clear. I'm the new master of this house. You are now my guards and my servants. If you don't like this, then please feel free to come and get me."

Oddly enough, the spectres backed off after a few moments, as though compelled. "Wow, that was impressive," a bored man's voice echoed throughout the hall. "Guess that's why she's been watching you. That, or she has picked up 'creepy stalker' along with her many other bad habits."

The woman raised her eyebrow at the boy. "Oh, to what do I owe the pleasure of seeing a god at my door, let alone the god of mischief. And dare I ask, who's attention did I get?"

Seclevar jumped down from the overhead balcony, landing on his feet like it was nothing and scratching the back of his head. "Recognized a God. Even more impressive. As for your stalker, that would be my mother, the Goddess of Discord. You could say she's your biggest fan. Me? I'm just here to tell her when you arrived."

"Well, tell her that i'm not interested. If the gods want something to do with a mortal, even one like me, it does not end well. So go tell your mother to go fuck herself, because I'm not interested in what she has in mind. Now then, if you'll excuse me, I need to find the graveyard and make a few new slaves."

"Oh, don't be so uptight." Tecunte stood behind the woman, gently placing a hand on her shoulder. "What possible reason could you have to not trust little ol' me?"

The woman moved her shoulder to get the god's hand off her. "Being the god of chaos and disorder is not a great title. Besides, dealing with you is known to be bad, even by god standards, so leave now. I have to give these ghost back their bodies, and make them mine."

Tecunte swiftly moved in front of her, a smile on her face but a dark look in her eyes. "Sure would be a shame if I accidentally encourage a certain God of Death to collect these souls while I was upset about you not even listening to me, huh?"

The woman rubbed her head. "Look, it's obvious you're going to keep hounding me, so just tell me what you want."

"That's what I like to hear! Come. There is a lovely room upstairs that the master used to use to torture people in. It has the perfect atmosphere to talk about you and me spreading chaos across the world."

As the woman rolled her eyes, she followed the god down stairs. As she looked around, she could see the devices the former owner used to torment his victims. "Hum, yeah, I could definitely see me using this room. Keep any travelers down here and drain them of their blood." The woman looked back at the god. "Alright, what do you want and what's this about spreading chaos around the world?"

"Oh, don't be coy." Tecunte placed her hands on her hips. "You and I both know you want to do so yourself. What else is war then controlled chaos?"

"What I want is total war!" The woman's eyes started to go black, revealing that she is a vampire. "I want war. I want my race to take it's proper place in the world, and that is us ruling over all the races of Terra Dolor. We had them by their throats three hundred years ago, and one mission stopped us. We just had to kill that united force of mages and hunters. If we had killed them, this would would be ours!"

The vampire calmed down and put her hand on her forehead. "So tell me, you say we have something in common. Last I checked, me killing or subjugating all the races is bad for the gods."

"Touchy, touchy." Tecunte leaned against an iron maiden. "I see the potential for sweet, sweet turbulence during your coming war. Destruction. Subgegation. Famine, starvation, brutality, brother on brother violence! It makes me giddy just thinking about it!" She took a few breaths to calm herself. "Of course, I suppose I am getting excited over nothing. I mean, what can one little vampire do?"

The vampire rolled her eyes. "Would you mind coming with me for a moment." She escorted the god of Chaos and her son to the graveyard. The woman had a blue orb in her hand and sent it into the ground. Her eyes started to turn blue like the orb she just sent to the ground. The vampire raised her hand, and all the dead bodes that had been buried for years raised from the ground, their bodies decayed, some nothing more then bones. "Now, with a little blood magic, I can give them their skin and muscles back." She turned back to the gods. "Is this good enough for you?"

"Mmm... it is better then just you alone. And an army of the dead is useful. Ever obedient. Fearless. But you are limited in what you can do on your own." Tecunte folded her arms. "What if I said I could help you make an ally of the Goddess of War herself?" she asked with a sly smile.

"Hmm, that could be useful, but if it's possible, I need a favor. The possibility of someone turning into a vampire is very low, but if you can somehow increase that, then those new vampires will obey me. That, on top of my undead, I can finally take this world for it's rightful owners!"

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dahlexpert & ZombieSplitter53
War & Chaos
Part Two

"Not sure what I can do about the rate of vamperism... but I CAN find you people I know will change. Or at least... trick a God or two into sharing that information." Tecunte grinned maliciously. "In the meantime, you should work on find some hapless victims to turn into ghouls. They would be helpful considering you can't step into the sunlight."

"Oh, I have a few locations, and me manipulating people would be good too. But for now, I need to create more slaves and fix these ones. Could also take the local wildlife around my to guard this place. Oh great, just great. It seems my plans will finally come to pass, I also have plans for that icy plane down south. There are monsters down there that can be very useful to me."

"Eyeing a wendigo or two, eh? Excellent." Tecunte took a deep breath. "There is a... tiny little thing you should know about. Possible... pesky neighbors."

"Oh, neighbors. How wonderful, I love neighbors. Please tell me about them."

"Well, they have been a thorn in my side above all else," the Goddess explained. "Contemptuous, do-gooding Hunter's Guild. The Havenbrook Society, they call themselves. And I wouldn't mind if you killed any you come across."

"Oh really? Please tell me, what has this group done to have you so mad at them?"

The goddess groaned a bit. "Must I really relive the memories? Killing my Orthrus I used for my brilliant plan to move Worgs within killing reach of a village. Ending my Basalisk-style torment of another village. And I was able to lure so many to that mine to meet an undead fate before... damn them."

Her son rolled his eyes as he leaned against a grave stone. "You sound like a lamenting stereotypical villain in a corny book."

"Hush, you!" Tecunte snapped, pouting.

The vampire started to chuckle at the goddess' expense. Her chuckling turned to full blown laughter after a while. "Oh, how precious. I don't think I've ever seen a god so angry before. What a marvelous treat. Please, do go on."

Tecunte yelled out angrily, and grabbed her by the throat, lifting her with one arm. "You test my patience, wench!"

The vampire's smiled quickly faded and her eyes went black. With amazing speed, she forced her dagger-like nails into the gods eye and ripped one out.

Barely flinching, Tecunte grinned. "A goddess chokes you, and you attack instead of cowering? I should kill you for your insolence, but I so enjoy you so much!" She released the necromancer, and rubbed her empty eye socket, a new eye there when she pulled her hand away. "I love your... tenacity. Your vigor."

"You should have known I would do that. If you have been watching me for as long as you claim, should have seen that coming. I am Alice Valentine, I don't like being threatened! I'm a conqueror and one of the oldest living vampire in this world. I demand respect, from both mortals and gods.

"Such fire. You will do so well." Tecunte nodded gleefully. "Tell you what. If you promise to be a thorn in the side of my enemies, I will not only work on getting our mutual friend Aratenda to help you, I'll try and get you a more immediate ally. Say... your very own Reaper?"

Alice rubbed her chin. "Hum, that could be useful to me, bringing the dead to me instead of the great beyond. Alright, fine. I will help you. You're offering me a lot of resources. You must really hate this group."

"Yes, well... I have many a reason to hate them. Reasons obvious... reasons that are my own." Tecunte bowed her head. "I shall leave you to your work."

"Yes of course, but alow me to make something clear to you." Alice lifted her hand so the goddess can see her eye. "If you betray me, since you can't die, I will find a way to prod you down here like cattle and drain you of your blood forever. Understand?"

The brazen threat made even a God like Seclevar shift uncomfortably, but Tecunte only nodded. "Of course. Trust in me, though, and you will be handsomely rewarded." She held out her hand, and the eye popped, Alice finding she was holding a beautiful golden apple. The goddess' smile melted away. "Try and betray a goddess, and we will see who can offer the best torture." The Apple turned brown, then grey, rotting and turning to mush in the vampire's grasp.

Alice tossed the rotten apple to the side. "Oh, you have nothing to worry about. After all, war causes havoc, chaos and mistrust. Something that you love. Just keep your end of the bargain and all will be great."

Tecunte opened a portal behind her. "See why I like her so much?"

"Unfortunately, yes," her son answered, walking over.

"Don't be a spoiled sport," Tecunte responded, disappearing into the swirl of darkness.

Seclevar paused before entering, looking back. "Tell me, what would the Vampire Elders back home think of your plans? Especially Alexander?"

"I don't care what that old man thinks. He has grown weak, content with a sub-par existence. This time of peace has made not just my people weak, but all mortals. When I raise a large enough army, that disgrace of a vampire city will be leveled to the ground. I will kill every so called vampire in that city of failures, and the humans there will be what the were meant to be; food."

Alice scratched her head. "Before you leave, please tell me, are there any battles going on now? Primarily navel ones?"

"Navel battles?" Seclevar paused to think. "There have been a number of fights in recent months against growing pirate attacks to the south. Under the water, the Merfolk and the Cthulhi have been going at it more then they have in years. Uh... why?"

Alice chuckled. "I have plans for those ships and the people on them. Don't worry about it, just go back home and leave this world to me."

Seclevar have her a look as if to warn her to watch her tone, but said nothing as he disappeared into the portal, which closed behind him.

"Ugh, now then what to do about my neighbors? Hum, I could just go and kill them now and just get it over with. But where's the fun in that? Best leave them be for now. Or..." Alice pulled some contacts out and put them in her eyes to change the look of them. "I could go and meet them. Tell them I moved in so they won't go snooping around here. I like that idea. First meet the neighbors, then go after those ships."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
"Amam"
Part One

Havenbrook Manor/Guildhouse
Main Laboratory
March 10th, 3349
12:21 p.m.

Betty poked her head into Erin's lab, intent on seeing what she was working on and showing Erin her use for the basilisk gas. She snuck around some boxes, smiling mischievously as she waited for an opportunity to surprise her bunny with a big hug.

Erin hummed softly in the back of the lab, hips shaking a bit as a small gramophone played some energetic music from back home. Her head and arms was hidden under a sheet that covered a large object.

Seeing her mark, Betty crept up next to her, a big smile adorning her face. Betty took her position, ready to deliver her hug as soon as she turned around.

"Such a lovely specimen," Erin whispered before pulling her head out and turning, unaware of her guest.

Betty rushed forward and wrapped her arms around her. "Hey Erin!"

Erin let out a soft yelp. "B-Betty! I... you startled me. H... hello."

"I'm sorry, but I wanted to surprise you!" Betty pulled away.

"Oh, well... that's quite alright." Erin smiled at her. "I suppose I am just a bit jumpy after accompanying that last mission. Bloody bandits. I now remember why I have up being a Hunter to work in the labs.

"Bandits? Last mission? You went out? I had no idea." The Fly-Girl's eyes widened.

Erin scratched her chin. "Yes, well, my expertise in certain magical and rare artifacts and items was needed, but we had to go through bandit territory, and attracted attention." She frowned. "I was supposed to tell you, wasn't I? It was only a few hours south, I didn't even think... apologies. I am still not used to this."

"It's okay... I just worry." Betty replied. "I guess that's pretty silly..."

"On the contrary. Your worry is quite flattering. I admit, while I enjoy my solitude down here, it feels good to know someone cares." Erin vowed her head. "For that, you have my thanks, my dear."

"It's just... I'm sure you can handle yourself... You're a pretty powerful mage from what I've heard." Betty smiled, cupping her hands in front of her. "Probably way better zhan me."

Erin laughed. "Well, I am sure in the field of magic, I am your superior. But trust me when I say, on the Hunt, I can not compare to you."

"You don't have to be modest, I've been on two hunts." Betty explained.

Erin chuckled nervously. "Well, I'm... not many people know this, but... I started here as a Hunter. And it... wasn't the most successful of careers."

"I'm sure it couldn't have been zhat bad..." The engineer added.

Erin's ears sunk a bit. "I once accidentally set an ally on fire because I wasn't paying attention to where everyone was. I was so busy during off fireballs, I let an enemy sneak right past me. I was too arrogant to take orders, and I almost got my ears chopped off. Lady Havenbrook... considered paying me off so she could end my one year contract early..."

"Okay so... Maybe zhat's a little bad..." Betty scratched the back of her neck. "At least you found a good place here zhough."

"That I did, dear. And had I not been given this opportunity, I would have missed out on marvelous specimens like..." Erin nudged her head back towards the sheet. "My latest love interest. Um... non-sentient love interest, of course."

Betty tilted her head slightly. "What is it?"

Erin laughed softly. "I'm not supposed to tell anyone about it... but I simply must tell someone, or I might explode." This was the first time Betty, or most anyone for that matter, had seen the rabbit woman so giddy. "It's an egg! A most wondrous, fascinating egg."

"Uhm... What kind of egg?" The Ebony skinned woman asked, trying to peek under the cloth.

Erin watched in amusement for a few moments before pulling the sheet to the side. Under it was an egg nearly as big as Erin herself. It almost looked like a giant faberge egg, with a surface of plates varying from light violet to dark purple, and golden designs all around it. Some of these designs formed what looked like they could be symbols, maybe even letters. "We think it is a demon egg," Erin stated, whispering for dramatic effect.

"Demon Egg?" Betty asked with a concerned tone. "Are you sure it's... Safe?"

Erin grinned and patted it on the side. "Do you doubt my ability to handle a little demonic monstrosity?"

"Maybe?" Betty replied. "You've worked on something like zhis before... Right?"

"Of course! I mean... kinda... very similar." Erin scratched her chin nervously. "Not... exactly. But... but... I mean... it isn't like... whatever is in it is alive."

"But... Isn't it though? It is an egg." Betty pointed out, pressing her ear up to it.

It was fairly warm to the touch. She could almost swear she head something swirl within. Erin leaned an arm against it. "Well, that is fairly unlikely. It was found in The Land of Ice, buried in a deep cave." Proudly, she added, "Using new demon detection spells invented by the Havenbrook's laboratories, I should mention. At any rate, I find it really hard to believe anything could have lived that long in an egg." Her eyes shifted towards the object. "Though... it has gotten unusually warm since it was taken from the frozen continent..."

"Isn't zhere someone here that can sense life energy?" The Fly confirmed, "It was Sylvie, zhat forest girl If I recall... Maybe you can talk to her, see if she senses anything?"

"Hmm... good point. They told us that it was definitely, definitely not alive, but... I only have it for a while before it is moved again... and it wouldn't hurt to check. The question is, if there is life energy, could she sense it through the residual demon energy?" Erin thought about, and finally nodded. "Would it be too much trouble for you to find her for me?"

"I could try and find her. She's usually out in the garden I think..." Betty considered quickly, before making her way out. "I'll be right back!"

Quickly making her way through the halls' Betty found herself at the door to the courtyard. Pushing it open she scanned the flowers for a sign of the woman. After a few moments, Betty spotted her in the spot she had expected, taking care of the flowers.

Approaching her slowly, Betty tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention. The forest girl stood up slowly, turning around to look at her. "Betty? Something you need?"

"No uh... Not really... But I have a proposition for you." The Green haired girl raised an eyebrow, signaling Betty to continue. "Well... My uh... Close friend Erin found something... An Egg. She wants to know if its alive or not. Do you think you can help us?"

Sylvie tilted her head, "What kind of Egg is it?"

Betty chose her words carefully, deciding to leave out the word Demon. "Its a rare egg that was found in a frozen cave. It must be ancient."

The huntress looked over to the side for a moment before nodding. "Very well. I'll take a look at it. I must admit, I'm a little curious..."

"Mhmm. Thanks!" Betty smiled, escorting the green dress wearing woman back down to the labs.

As Betty entered, she called out to her rabbit. "Erin? I found her!"

"Then again, letting another person know about it is probably a ba-" Erin turned, and shrugged. "Too late now. Sylvie, I presume."

"That's right. You must be Erin." The human woman said. "This is the first time we've met, isn't it?"

"I believe it is. Though considering how many people come to me because they need something... or are dying... consider yourself lucky you have had no need of me. Though I now have a need of you if you are not too busy."

"I'm not. Betty told me about some kind of Egg?" Sylvie confirmed.

Erin waved for her to follow her to the back, where the egg still lay open. "This would be it. Beautiful, is it not? Still trying to transcribe the writing on it. Have the bibliophile upstairs helping with that. What do you think?"

"It's massive... Some kind of monster egg, perhaps?" Sylvie guessed, looking it over. "In some of my town's old stories, they say that Ahusirra spent time caring for the eggs of great birds that could block out the sun with their wingspan...

"Interesting. Such an act would be a noble one indeed." Erin leaned close to Betty and whispered, "Who's Ahusirra?"

"It's her village's patron diety if I recall." Betty whispered back.

"Even more interesting. Remind me to probe her mind later on that."