Hunters of Terra Dolor (Role Playing Section)

DarkGemini24601

Black0ut and DarkGemini24601: “Solicitous Solitude, Part 2”

After a moment or two, her attention returned to Solomon. "You seemed the least shaken out of everyone on that mission. How were you able to remain calm and collected when everyone else was broken apathetic or worse?"

"Because I have been through travesties before. With experience comes the ability to cope... though that is not to say losses do not trouble me. I simply do not become paralyzed by them," Solomon explained to her. "You will gain internal strength over time as well."

"How...? I'm not... I can't... ugh..." Titania tried to respond, before grabbing her dagger and sheathing it. She took a deep breath before continuing."How did you gain that kind of strength? And.. can you help me find mine?"

"Learning to movein spite of loss is not the same skill as being able to wield a sword. No matter how deftly you can slash a blade, no matter how delicately you can weave magic, no matter how great your skill in a craft is... none of those things matter when it comes to mental fortitude." Solomon placed his hands on his legs, looking not unlike a guru. "The most effective teacher is time. With time comesexperience, and with experience comes acceptance... although I would be amiss to declare that experience alone shaped my outlook."

He looked up at the dark, broiling sky. "When I was young - about the same age as Sela is now - my village was attacked by a band of Ophidians. Me and the other braves tried to go out and devastate them, wrongfully believing we could beat anything. They killed all of my comrades, and nearly ended my life too. I barely survived my grievous wounds, and crawled for survival... eventually I returned to my village to find my friends and family gone, killed or taken off to be slaves. In one fateful day I'd lost everything. For a few years, I wandered, without purpose... but then... I discovered the monks of the Immoradia Archives."

Solomon shook his head. "Don't take this as a religious endorsement, of course. I merely wish to impart my philosophy for dealing with the inevitability of death. When I learned of their veneration of Tempora, I came to acknowledge how finite this world is. People live, and then they die. To live a full life is to make the most of the present, and never lose the memories of those who pass on before us. Eventually, all living things die. It is our very nature, ingrained in every fiber of our being. The time we have is precious, but even the luckiest eventually succumb to the clock's relentless march. We all die someday. The readiness is all."

The Temporal Knight sighed. "I feel that it would do those that have fallen at my side dishonor to wallow for too long in sorrow. In battle, tears are to be saved for later. Steel yourself with the thought that once you have saved those that still stand, you can allow yourself to cry." Solomon placed a hand on Titania's shoulder. "Do not mistake me: you are allowed to grieve. No matter what sort of person Bethany was, she - and all those miners - met terribly ends and suffered awful fates. But take solace in the fact that we put them all to rest, and allowed them peace. For to die, is to sleep. Life is a beautiful thing, but so, in a way, is the final rest."

Titania was quiet, her mind lost in thought. After a few moments had passed, she looked at Solomon. "That... helped. Thank you." The Thrope Swordswoman paused and removed the dagger she had recently sheathed, pointing the blade at Solomon, before flipping it so the handle was pointing at the time Knight instead. "Take it."

He did not protest, wrapping his gauntleted hand around the handle. "For what reason?" he did ask why as he took it.

"For giving sound advice and not leaving me alone." She replied, looking away. She smiled, knowing that when Solomon inspected the dagger, he would find that it held a rare jewel on the handle, one of her last mementos of her home.

"...thank you for this," Solomon spoke sincerely, placing the weapon upon his belt. "I shall take good care of it, as one would with any fine weapon... especially one given as a present from a friend."

Titania turned her head back and studied Solomon for a moment, before shaking her head. "Don't mention it... besides, you saved me a couple times on the mission. It's the least I could do." Glancing around nervously, she continued, "So... umm, was there anything else you wanted to talk about?"

Solomon shrugged. "Not that I can immediately think of... is something else the matter?" he questioned, noticing her sheepishness.

"N-no... maybe..." Titania replied, grabbing a nearby branch. "I, um... I was going to head into the nearby town and I don't know where anything is, so... I was wondering if you'd help me just explore it?"

"Hmmm... I don't see why not, once the rain clears."

Titania smiled, "Then I guess it's a date." Quickly realizing how her words might be taken she quickly added, "Erm, a moment for us to hang out..."

Solomon chuckled. "That sounds reasonable to me."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dahlexpert & ZombieSplitter53
The Right Thing to Say
Part One

Havenbrook Manor/Guildhouse
Mina's Office
Feb. 15th, 3349

Charter looked at the entrance to Lady Havenbrook's room for a moment before he knocked on the door. "Miss Havenbrook? It's Charter. Do you have a minute? I need to talk to you."

"Come on in," Mina called out. She was sitting at her desk, enjoying a steaming beverage that let out the scent of expensive foreign coffee beans. On the side of the room, a young child in a brown cloak, someone Charter had seen around but never spoken with, was sitting on the couch, their hand running over a book written in Braille. "How can I help you, Mr. Van Dam?"

Charter looked at the child, then back at Mina. "Lady Havenbrook, I typically don't like asking this, but do you have any information on that dragon Thrope? What he's like, his dislikes, anything you can help me with would be good."

"An odd request." Mina took a sip of her coffee and placed it to the side. "May I ask why? Planning on slaying him before he get slay you and need to prepare?"

"That's one reason. My father taught me, to defeat your enemy, you must first know them. How they think, act, their motives, and so on to take them down. But the main reason I'm asking is because I want to know more about him. I need a foothold for him so I can try and befriend him. From what I've seen of him so far, he's more of a child then anything."

"Well, if it makes you feel better, few people here have gotten close to him. He sees himself as an outsider and keeps his distance." Mina shrugged. "As for me, I'm at best a parental figure to him. And like any good kid his age, he doesn't want to share much with mom."

"Um..." the girl slowly placed her book to the side. "I know a... few things," she said. The look Mina have her said the guild leader found that surprising.

Charter looked at the kid and knelt down to her level. "Do you now? Tell me kid, what do you know about him?"

She cleared her throat. "Well, his name is Drayce. He is... seventeen. He is really strong, especially his legs because he can jump onto the roof from the ground. He breaths fire. He says he lived with dragons until a while ago, and I believe him. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to make up silly stories. Um..." She tapped her lip. "He is... kind of childish, I guess. He has a short temper, and gets upset really easily, like when he found out we cook our meat. Oh! He likes raw meat. Like, raw raw, the fresher, the better, though he also likes to char the outside a little. And he really likes to chase mice. Not to kill them, at least I don't think. It is something like a game to him. Guess it is a dragon thing. Aaaaaand..." She frowned. "He's homesick. He talks a lot about his dragon friends, and it is obvious he misses them very much."

"Hmm, well then. that's refreshing to know. Homesick huh? Lies raw meat, easily angered, and likes to chase around mice. Humm, I might have something for him." Charter patted the young girl on her head. "Say kid, do you like dogs?"

"Dogs? She scratched her head. "Mr. Eraqus sometimes brings me by his. The big one has stinky breath, but they're really friendly, and I'm small around to ride on him."

"Give me a few minutes." Charter left the room and after a few minutes, he came back with a puppy dire wolf. "Sweetie, this is a puppy dire wolf. This is Cait. She's one of my new pups."

The baby dire wolf went to the young girl and smelled her.

The blind girl felt down, softly nipping the wolf's nose before holding her steady. Cait sniffed it for a few moments before lightly licking it, prompting a few giggles. "That tickles."

"Better be house broken," Mina mumbled, watching from her desk.

"Time to play outside, kid. Mind taking Cait outside so miss Havenbrook doesn't get mad at me? Because no, she's not. Well, not completely anyway."

She nodded, picking up the puppy and carefully walking out with her. "You're so fluffy!" she said excitedly.

As Charter sighed, he looked at Mina. "Lady Havenbrook, may I have permission to speak freely?"

She slowly nodded. "Please do. Tell me what's on your mind."

"I have to press my concerns with the missions we've been getting. It would seem the last one I was on and the previous one seem to be more then what they seemed. Don't you think, with that mysterious woman and the hordes of the dead? It would seem things are getting a lot more difficult."

"I will admit, things were more difficult by the end of the missions then they seemed at the beginning." Mina folded her hands. "I suppose... I should reevaluate my systems for ranking missions."

"It would help, yes, but also, I would like to tell you that I'm a skilled alchemist. So potions, poisons, that stuff. So if you need for any healing or to give some people some potions before missions, just ask."

"Is that so?" Morrigan smiled. "I'll keep that in mind. Perhaps I'll have you work a bit with Ms. Starstorm. She's been studying alchemy since she came here. Maybe she could give some advice... or perhaps, you could do the same for her."

"I live to help. I just hope what little assistance I can offer helps save my comrades. But what about you ma'am? Is everything alright with you?"

Mina slowly frowned, and leaned back in her chair. "I'm fine... just fine..."

"Ma'am, I can see you're in distressed. Come on now. I may not be the best at this, but you can say you're having some problems."

Wilhelmina tapped her fingers against the desk for a free moments. "I... we lost someone on the last mission. Someone I was warned wasn't ready for the leadership position. And now, brother should be back from a mission he was out on any day now..."

"Hum, that seem like a problem, but you do lead us, and sometime mistakes happen. You made a call and it didn't play like you wanted it to. Things happen. There's no need to feel bad about it."

"And if I was telling you it was your sister who died?" Mina posed. "Would you except it if I said 'things happen'?"

Charter clenched his fist. "My sister... if she is a solder, if I were to know that she fell in battle, I would be upset and angry, but also proud. I would be proud that she gave her life to defend people. Now as for this situation, how did this woman die? And did she protect her comrades?"

Mina tapped her fingers against the desk once more, apparently being a nervous habit. "She... she fought well. She defending the others. But..."

Last edited:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dahlexpert & ZombieSplitter53
The Right Thing to Say
Part Two

"Then that's what you tell him. She fought well, and she defended her men to the very end. Just lie a bit. Lying, sometimes, is better then a brutal truth to some people."

"I can't lie," Mina said. "Even if I was willing to do that, he would eventually find out her prejudice against Light Elves and willingness to let an ally die led to her point a weapon against an ally, dropping her guard to an enemy attack."

"Ugh, that's a problem. Yeah, I don't know how you deal with this one. The truth would be better, but he would know that his sister's prejudice led to her death. Hmm... damn, wish I could help, but I got nothing. Why not ask..." Charter stopped himself for continuing the sentence.

Mina raised an eyebrow. "Why not ask... who?"

"Ugh... why not ask Esmerldia. As a Light Elf, she probably experienced some prejudice. She might know what's best to say about this situation and how you should go about this."

"Hmm... that might not be a bad idea actually. If nothing else, she might have some insight. And I'm fairly sure he doesn't share his sister's social views..." Mina nodded. "Alright. But... why did you hesitate on suggesting Esmeralda? Something happen between you two? I know she can be a bit of a pain at times..."

"No she's not a pain, it's just that, on Lover's Day, we... we did what the day was meant for."

"Oh?" Mina blinked a few times. "Ooooh... I see." She chuckled. "You work quick. So was it a one time thing? Or are you two a couple now?"

"Yea, ummm... I'm not sure. I haven't talked to her since. So I guess I will find out."

Mina placed her palm over her face. "Oh, Charter... you haven't... talked to her since?"

"I'm not used to this, alright? I'm a soldier, not some boyfriend... lovey... person. I don't know what to say to her anyway, or how to act. Cut me some slack."

"Right, right. Sorry. I just..." Mina sighed. "Well, it isn't my place to interfere with the relationships of others. I leave it to you to make your own decisions."

"Right... right, thanks, my lady." Charter opened the door and held it open. "We should probably get going. Don't want to keep Esmeralda waiting."

"You go on ahead," Mina said. "Need to... think some things out myself."

Charter narrowed his eyes at Mina. "Right, of course Lady Havenbrook. Then I will see you later." As he closed the door and headed to the library, he mumbled to himself. "Woman... they always help each other, don't they?"

He went into the library, and started to look at a few books. After a minute, Esmeralda stepped around a corner. Seeing Charter, her eyes widened, and she quickly ducked back. She pressed against the bookshelf, and peaked back.

Charter felt a presence around him, When he turned around and saw Esmeralda, he exhaled and said. "Es, come on, I know you're there, you don't have to avoid me. Especially if I plan on taking a book."

"Oh, right... of course." Esmeralda gave him an embarrassed look, like she had actually forgot she had a job to do. "What were you looking for, Sir Knight?"

"Have you heard of a book called 'The Knight and Light Elf'? If not, it's about how a honorable knight meets this wonderful Light Elf and they spend a special holiday together. Then afterwords, they don't talk to one another. Think you have that around?"

Esmeralda blinked a few times, tapping her chin lightly. "I'm not sure I've heard of that one. Though I've read a lot of books. We did they stop talking? Did they not have a good time together? Was the knight just not interested?"

"The knight was very interested in the Elf. He just didn't know how to approach her or what to say after. He's not very good with romance."

"Oh, so he was just inexperienced. He didn't mean to ignore her or anything." We have him a curious look. "What happened when he eventually did go and see her?"

"I... don't know. He's still trying to figure that part out. He's just hoping that he didn't upset the woman he befriended, or hurt her feelings."

"Yeah... me too..." Esmeralda gave him an innocent smile. "I hope you find the book so you can find out if they come together again. In the meantime, how are you doing, Sir Knight?" She lightly punched him on the shoulder.

"Doing good actually. I might need your help with something, but um... first and foremost, are we alright here?"

"Are we... alright? I'm... okay." Es stepped up on her toes and held her palm to Charter's forehead. "You seem alright. No fever anyway. We the sudden concern for our health?"

"I mean after, you know..." Character sighed and decided to be blunt." After Lover's Day and what we did. Are we okay? Are we like a couple now or what?"

"Oh, um... I don't know." Es smiled again. "Do you want to be? I mean... I know you're uncomfortable with this stuff, and I figured you wanted it to just be that and nothing more."

"Yes. I'm loyal to my oaths, but I'm also my own person and can do what I see fit." Charter held Esmeralda's hand and lightly kissed he forehead. "I can try, though I have to say, please be patient with me."

"Only if you promise to be patient with me," Esmeralda returned. "Not like I've had a lot of experience either."

"I will try." Charter gave Esmeralda a quick kiss to insure her that he meant what he said.

Esmeralda giggled as she kissed him back. After a moment, she gasped. "I just realized something!"

"What is that?"

"The story from the book you're looking for!" She pointed at Charter then back at herself. "It's just like us! Isn't that a weird coincidence?"

Charter put his palm on his face. "This is what I sighed up for. Yep, it's going to be an interesting time."

Last edited:

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Préfigurant

A soft breeze rolled through an open window in the early morning, the slight smell of moisture carrying in on the wind. The lake nearby created the best sort of gusts whenever the day was hot, and carried with it also a vary of smells. They ranged from murky and smelling like a frog to carrying the scent of freshly sprouted poppies from the other side in a meadow close by. When Davon opened his eyes slowly, he had to keep them squinting from the rays of the sun getting right in his eyes. The young noble sat up, running a hand through his dark brown hair.

Looking over at the other side of the room, the bed adjacent his was vacant with the covers already neatly tucked. The young noble never understood why his older brother was always so orderly when they had help to take care of the chores for them. Springing out of bed, Davon laughed as he ran to the door and threw it open, running down the hallway where the smells of breakfast were emanating from. A couple were talking amongst one another, but Davon ignored his parents as he snatched a piece of toast from the plate in front of his father and proceeded out of the door of the wooden cabin with the food held tight in his mouth.

His eyes were flooded by the brightness of the early morning, causing mild discomfort as his feet were wetted by the dews of the grass. There was a rhythmic smacking coming from the side of the cabin, and when Davon turned the corner, he saw him. He wore a coat of deep violet, the sleeves rolled up to show tattooed forearms, golden colored snakes coiling around both arms. His hair was a long, similarly golden color that was grown well past his shoulders and flowing with the breeze from the lake. In his hand was a simple woodcutting axe, piles of split wood and uncut sitting on either side of one another.

With an excited look, Davon quickly spoke with his mouth full, “Qen ve ju din to za vake jutay!?”

His teenage brother let out a soft chuckle, one that was firm and warm as honey, “Next time do it without your mouth full.”

Davon pouting, giving a few more chews before swallowing, “Can we go down to the lake today? You promised we would go fishing, and I want you to tell me the story about the Lady of the Lake, and I want to eat sandwiches, and catch frogs, and… and…!”

“Brother, calm yourself. You cannot run headlong into life a million miles at a time. We will go down to the lake and see where our day takes us. No need to ruin it with extensive planning. Life is a great adventure we cannot even hope to chart out every moment of.” A big hand came down and run along the top of Davon’s head, and the twelve year old looked up at his brother with full admiration as he gave his greatest friend a very resolute nod.

“Gabriel Thadeus Reinhold, I hope you don’t plan on keeping me and your father waiting while your breakfast gets cold!” Their mother warned from inside.

Gabriel winced a bit, chuckling as he looked down at his brother and whispered, “But when mother calls, we beckon…” Patting Davon on the back, the two walked side by side around the building and walked up the stairs.

Davon’s Room
Feb. 16th, 3349

There was a sharp thud, the the oblong shaped knife landing just off center of an x carved into the middle of it. Davon looked on passively at the miss, looking back to the left at the grounds of the Havenbrook manor. His window was opened fully and he sat along the sill of it, his left leg dangling out of it. He slowly turned another knife he produced out of his crimson coat, the sleeves rolled up. He didn’t know why he daydreamed of his old life anymore. There was nothing he could change about it. Only move forward.

Something caught the eye of the assassin as the young resident Hunter of the place returned, his draconic wings flapping just before he hit the ground. He ran towards the front doors, the man narrowing his eyes slightly as he turned and dropped down back into his room, leaving the windows open as he exited.

Low and behold, Drayce was huddled in front of the wall next to the main stairway, rear in the air and wiggling in anticipation as he waited for a rodent to appear. The assassin walked up behind him and stared for a good two minutes before lightly kicking the dragon’s rear with his boot. There was a snarl and the young man twisted and sat down, looking up at Davon angrily, “What was that for?”

“Nothing. Just wanted your attention.” the crimson clad man glanced over at the hole, “Why do you keep all of this up? You could easily kill him.”

Drayce’s expression fell a bit in anger, his upper two snaggled two canine teeth not doing much to help what most of the girls around the manor described as cute. “The goal isn’t to kill. It is to subjugate. The mouse must learn who is alpha.”

“You do realize that a war of attrition doesn’t work if the target is hidden safely in their own territory, right? Also there isn’t only one mouse hole, there are several. The mouse likely isn’t even in there and you would never know.” Reinhold explained, smirking in an amused manner.

Drayce’s sudden puckered face did not help quell that amusement, but it was only when it became forlorn was when Davon took exception. He walked over to the wall and slammed a fist against it hard, a snowy white mouse squeaking and quickly running out of it. His knife left his hand instinctively and planted itself in the wood directly in front of the mouse who let out a terrified squeak at the death it almost experienced before Drayce’s hand surrounded it, letting it dangle by its tail. “Finally got you. Now I am going to be your new master, and you will be my slave for all eternity or until I get hungry and require a snack, do you understand?” The mouse’s head nodded several time and with a victorious expression, placed the rodent on top of his head where it curled up into a terrified ball.

“You are one weird kid, you know that?” the noble expressed, rubbing his eyes at the rather weird display of authoritarianism and companionship he had just witnessed.

“Shut up, you’re weird! At least I don’t wear a goofy red coat. Why do you wear a red coat anyways?” the young Thrope asked with crossed arms, as if demanding an answer.

“It’s red because blood is red. That, and -I am just going off the assumption you know what a color wheel is- it is the color besides purple.” the assassin explained, getting an edge to his tone that the dragon didn’t seem to catch on to.

“Isn’t blue also?” Drayce questioned, reaching a claw up and scratching his newest slave.

“That’s true… but more importantly, it is the color opposed to yellow.” Davon reached down and forced the knife out of the floorboard.

“That’s stupid. Why is any of that important?” the sitting teen asked with frustration he wasn’t catching on.

“That’s the point kid…” the assassin noted, beginning to walk away, “No one but me is supposed to get it. Enjoy your new plaything.” he noted with a dismissive hand wave.

Drayce stuck out his tongue at Davon, who at this point was gone. “Stupid man…” Reaching up, he grabbed the mouse off the top of his head, “Me and you are going to have some fun.” he said evilly, letting out a terrifying chuckle as the mouse let out a very low squeak, it’s eyes moist at the realization that this was now its life.

Insane Darkness

Insane Darkness and The Goblin King present...
The Weary Traveller

Faith was wandering around the outskirts of the manor between one form of Titania’s rigorous training sessions and another. She had had enough of them that she wasn’t as exhausted after each one. A glint of something in the distance distracted her for a moment. She quickly placed a hand on her shortsword, anticipating the glint to approach her. “Wh-Who’s th-th-ther-re?” she asked in Doloran, her stuttering making her seem more afraid than she was.

“Who, me?” Liara replied, confused. She turned to see what the fuss was about. She only then realized that her lack of sheaths may have scared the short duck person. She was taking a break looking away from the short duck person at the scenery around her because she had been walking for days to get to the guild she had heard about from rumors. “Sorry. Didn’t mean to scare you. I don’t really have sheaths for my swords.”

“O-oh… Forgive me, then. A-as long as you p-pose no harm t-to the Guild, th-then I will lay d-down my weap-pon... “ Faith let go of her shortsword to twiddle her fingers in a circle, a habit she could never grow out of. “Um… Do you speak Elven, by any chance?” she asked in Elven, hoping that, once again, she wouldn’t have to look completely incompetent in front of someone she just met.

“Yeah, I do. Just not that well.” Liara replied in Elven. She was glad her friend from the mercenary group taught her how to speak the second-most-well-known language. “May I ask who you are, little duck person?”

“‘Little’ is synonymous with powerful, leopard woman. Don’t think ill of me before we even know each other’s names. Speaking of which, I am Faith. No last name. I refuse to tell you the reasoning, however. Don’t expect me to say my name and not give me yours!” Faith stomped her foot angrily, saying way too much and receiving way too little.

“I didn’t mean to offend you. I called you little without negative intent!” Liara replied cheerfully, hoping she didn’t screw up already.

Faith glared at the sneaky cat lady, noticing that she still hadn’t given her name and was way too cheerful to passersby. “What… is your name, lady?” she asked seriously, her voice deeper and monotone.

“Sorry. I forgot to say my name. It’s Liara. Nice to meet you, Faith!” Liara herself replied, just as cheerful as before.

“Meet as in meat or meet as in you don’t want to eat me?” Faith asked, still on edge. At least she didn’t seem as weak as before. It was a slight jab at a joke, but it held some slightly serious undertones. Nobody wants to be eaten after all, especially by someone around their age.

“I have no intention of eating you, silly!” Liara assured, a hint of laughter in her voice. “Do you know where I’m supposed to go to join the Havenbrook Guild, by any chance?” she asked in a more serious manner.

“I suppose… But what are you willing to give me in order to receive that kind of information? See, I am a member of the Havenbrook Hunters Guild, however I am decently poor. I need something that will allow me to survive in a land covered in money. Anything you have that could help me would suffice, other than something I already have. One of your swords would do.” She stood proudly, trying a different tactic than what she usually would have. She wasn’t too fond of this person in the first place. Otherwise, she totally would have told her for free.

“I don’t really have anything. What I’m wearing is what I’ve got,” Liara answered in a much sadder tone than she had previously. “I am a slave and what I have was all I was given to survive out here on my own.”

“I see… But you could still part with one of your blades, couldn’t you? You have a shield on your back. I can tell that you have no need for another blade,” Faith pleaded, intent on grasping her tiny little hands on a permanent weapon of her own.

“My other blade is my only resort if I lose my shield. But, if I must, I guess I’ll part with it,” Liara sighed, slightly annoyed that she had to give up one of her swords.

Faith used Reverse Knockback to draw Liara’s blade into her own grubby hands. She held it high in the air, watching the sun’s light glisten off of it. My own sword… she thought happily. Quickly, she regained a happy and leader-like composure. “Follow me!” she exclaimed, before turning around and marching towards the Guild.

Liara followed. trying to keep small talk to a minimum.

ExoGrim

ExoGrim and Frostlich1228: Help Where You Least Expect It

Zulik set up his make shift punching bag in the training field. He still had to practice his form, having been notably sloppy during his sparring match with Sela. Yes, he had one the match, but he felt that he wasn't at his best conditionally. With the bag tangling from a void chain, he began his training, using different punches to try and balance the weight between his two arms. This was the hardest part of the practice, as only one arm carried the weight of a gauntlet.

Zulik heard a door on the other side of the room open, a silence falling on everyone. Stepping into the room was Sylvie, her skin pale and her eyes darkened as she stood in front of one of the training dummies.

"Are you okay?" Zulik asked the huntress as he approached.

Her eyes perked up as he spoke, "Zulik? I'm... I feel... Lethargic... I suppose."

"I've heard that that tends to happen when you almost die..." The priest mentioned.

"It's not just that... I'm freezing..." Sylvie said, sitting down. "When I came back, the curse made me so sick I could hardly eat... But It's been a day and some of the symptoms didn't go away... I still feel cold... Cold like death."

"Curse?" Zulik inquired, his look of concern more warranted. "What exactly did this curse do?"

"It was... The curse from those undead in the mines... One of them... Sunk it's teeth into my thigh during the chaos..." Sylvie explained, beginning to sweat from the memory alone.

"My apologies for bringing it up..." Zulik said, his gaze lowering.

"It was terrible Zulik... Just... So much evil... Death everywhere... I saw our leader turn into one of them..." The huntress shuttered. "To think... I was nervous around you when we first met... But those creatures were... Like sick puppets... Twisted into killing their own friends..."

"Corruption can do that." Zulik said, remaining as calm as possible. "I'm lucky I managed to stay sane after my encounter."

"The doctor's said it was supposed to wear off but... I know it's not... I can feel it gnawing at me..." She replied, holding her head in her hands.

"May I see the wound?" The corrupted elf asked politely.

"I... Suppose so." Sylvie replied, lifting the leg of her dress to reveal her thigh. The bite had very little in the way of a mark left; the healers had done their job well. However, the skin was much paler than the rest of her body. There also appeared to be faint black lines snaking off from the bite point, then fading away under her skin.

Zulik knelt down to get a better look at the wound. He could sense the presence of the corrupted energy, but it felt different than the corruption he had felt before. It seemed neutral, in a sense, not chaotic or celestial in any form. He placed his hand on the wound, the energy slowly going from Sylvie to him. The skin went back to it's original state... as if nothing had ever happened. The priest stood back up, looking at his arm. "So there is a form of neutral corruption in this land."

Color began to return to her face as evrn her sweating stopped. "What did you do?"

"I merely adsorbed the corruption in the wound." Zulik explained. "It's something that I've been able to do since I became what I am."

"I... Thank you..." Sylvie smiled as she noticed that the black lines disappeared as well. "But if you absorbed it, what will happen to you?"

"Nothing, actually." The corrupted elf answered. "Since my corruption is chaos based, neutral corruption has no effect on me."

"Well... You're very kind to help me despite... My waryness of you the first time we met." Sylvie stated, standing up.

"I try my best to be helpful where I can." Zulik smiled. "Helping you just comes as apart of my second nature."

"Then I'm in your debt, I misjudged you Zulik, I'm sorry." The green-haired woman replied, bowing slightly.

"Don't worry about it." The priest said casually. "I'm always here to help."

"No, I insist, let me do something for you." She replied quickly, stepping forward.

Zulik sighed. "Well, there's nothing really that I need you to do."

"Then you can remember this for later." The woman nodded once, holding her hands together.

"Okay..." Zulik was a little confused on why she wanted to back him back, but that was not important now. "I guess I'll be getting back to my training."

"Wait, would you mind telling me more about yourself?" Sylvie responded. "How did this happen to you? Like I said last time ... It's like you're leaking dark..."

"I was corrupted by a being by the name of The Evil." The corrupted elf explained. "It consumed my home and killed my master... I still don't know how I survived."

"That's terrible. All those people struck down without a chance." She responded sadly, crossing her arms. "Perhaps your survival was a blessing, perhaps you were chosen somehow..."

"Perhaps..." Zulik looked up for a moment. "There's never an explanation why things happen."

"At least not one we mortals can understand." Sylvie finished. "It has crossed my mind after some of these dealings with gods lately..."

The priest seemed to spaced out for a moment. He let out a small sigh. "To think of what would happen if we had an understanding of destiny and fate."

"Yeah." The huntress replied lowly. "Maybe we're not meant to understand..."

"To be honest, if we could manipulate fate, there'd be a lot less corpse over the years." Zulik remarked as he briefly popped his shoulder. "Live could be saved, but they could be taken, now that I think about it."

"So, would anything really change then?" Sylvie pondered.

"I"m not sure..." Zulik admitted. "Everything has it's ups and it's downs. What can be used for a great good, can also be used for a demonic evil."

"I can agree with that..." Sylvie nodded. "So, I take it your goal here is to stop this 'Evil'?"

"Precisely." The elf grinned slightly. "Can't avenge my people otherwise."

"Well, what if I helped you?" The earth mage asked. "If there is something out there corrupting all life, it needs to be dealt with."

Zulik placed his hand on his chin for a moment. "Well, the help could be useful... how about you talk to Esmeralda and see what she knows before we talk again. The librarian was kind enough to help me decode my master's research notes and pinpoint the Evil's next likely location."

"Really? If it leaves behind this much chaos, it should be obvious to track." The Huntress stated.

"Expect it goes dark after it takes a village." Zulik explained. "I have reason to believe that someone is summoning this thing to attack the towns near big cities."

"That would take a huge of dark magic, wouldn't it?" Sylvie guessed.

"Most likely would, possibly even chaos magic." Zulik stated. "The question who would want to do that to begin with and where are they heading next?"

"I wouldn't even begin to know... I wouldn't even be able to guess the plans of someone like that..." The huntress replied.

"Well, for now, you should talk to Esmeralda... I'm sure she's found more info by now." The corrupted elf mentioned again. "For now, I have to continue my training."

"Of course." Sylvie responded, standing up. "And once again, I can't thank you enough for your help..."

"No problem." Zulik returned to practicing his form on the punching bag. "It's my duty as a priest of Nemesis to help when needed."

"Nemesis? Hmm." Sylvie tilted her head slightly before continuing to the door. "Have a good day Zulik."

Black0ut

Black0ut and Insane Darkness present:
Improvements

Titania smiled, relaxing as she laid down on her bed, worn out from her training regimen… along with the training she had taken on by working with Faith. She closed her eyes and recalled when she had first taken Faith under her wing to train the Duck Thrope into a warrior.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple days earlier
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Titania practiced on the training field, using a wooden longsword and a wooden dagger to attack her opponent: a training dummy. Blow after blow crashed down on the dummy, some blows being faster than the eye could see. I guess Arlia was right… if I can calm my mind, I can move faster… But… it only works for a few seconds, what a bummer. With that thought, Titania’s ears twitched, alerting her to the presence of a newcomer. The Wolf Thrope slowed down slightly, and waited to hear who it was.

Faith fell from the roof, assuming nobody was around. She softened her fall, then grabbed a wooden longsword and stared at the closest dummy. She had tight clothes on, as her other clothes weren’t quite finished being repaired. Her eyes closed into slits as she waited for the perfect time. When she thought she had it, she rushed, yelling as loud as she could, rushing the dummy and smacking it with as much force as she could muster. Which, of course, was very little. The amount of damage the dummy took told her the same thing.

Titania, having looked when she heard yelling, smiled. She ran and became invisible, and appeared a few paces behind Faith to watch her stance, form, and to determine what kind of fighting style she should adopt.

Faith continued rapidly slashing, expecting something to happen. Sadly, that didn’t happen. It was like hitting a boulder with a fist. She dropped the weapon and proceeded to angrily use Knockback on the dummy, forcing it back with an extreme amount of force.

Titania sighed and took a few steps forward, until she stood behind the Duck Thrope. “You know… you should probably focus on quick attacks on vulnerable areas. Also, get a shortsword. The longsword won’t help you at this stage. You got to build up to it.” Titania advised, her voice firm and loud, but warm and kind at the same time.

“Okay… I understand.” Faith stood still, shoulders slouched and facing away from Titania. She levitated the sword to her hand again and dragged it behind her to place it back where it was.

“Stand straight. It’ll help out in the long run, trust me.” Titania advised further, looking around to make sure the other Hunters were still wrapped up in their training regimens. After a moment or two of confirming, her voice became sweeter, “Just give it your best. That’s all anyone can ask of you...I’ll help you figure this out, okay?”

“Okay…” She grabbed a shortsword and walked back to where Titania waited for her. Now standing up straight, she stared at the dummy once again, slightly bruised from her earlier outburst. “Anything else you can tell me about smacking this dummy?”

“You use wind magic, right? Try making your weapon swing faster with it. Also… try hitting the dummy from different angles at different spots.” Titania added, waiting for Faith to attack the dummy.

Faith’s sword glowed a bright green, her magic embedded into it. She yelled fiercely at the dummy and smacked it from the side. Using her momentum, she spun around to hit it a second time on its way back up. Faith sagged her shoulders again, but more out of using her small muscles to move such a solid object.

“Much better. Keep in mind that your size actually helps and hinders you in combat. You can’t really take a hit, but if you stay in motion like you just did, no one will be able to touch you, while you deal damage to them. Again.” Titania commented, her voice firm, but without its sweetness.

“Shouldn’t I try to make myself smaller? Also, can’t you tell me some stances that I can try? Just attacking it won’t allow me to learn much.” Faith turned around to face Titania, curiosity embedded into her eyes.

“No, it won’t help you learn much,” TItania conceded, rubbing one of her ears gingerly, “but it will build up your endurance, and that will allow you to be able to handle any further training I may provide. Observe.” Titania pulled out the wooden longsword and dashed forward at Faith’s dummy battering it with multiple blows, each blow being weaved into another, almost as if the white-haired Thrope was dancing. After a moment or two, Titania stepped away, having not broken a sweat during her demonstration. “Like that. So… would you like to learn how to fight like that?”

“Um… Sure.” Faith flourished her sword. “So, do you want me to just continuously smack it?” Faith asked.

“Yes and no. If you merely wish to study with me to learn techniques, then yes, I want you to keep attacking it. But if you want me to show you how to get strong and be able to use a longsword… then I’m going to tell you to stop. Because if that’s the case, I’ll set you on a workout regimen to help make you stronger, and then when that’s complete, I’ll show you the stances and techniques to help you survive on a hunt.” Titania replied, and merely stabbed the ground beneath her with the longsword before promptly leaning on it.

“Umm… So, do you want me to just continuously smack it or not?” Faith asked again, confused.

Titania sighed rubbing her ear slightly more. “I’m giving you a choice: I show you the stances right now, or alternatively, I make you strong enough to survive on a Hunt. so which is it?”

“I think the second one is a little more important… I don’t know if it’s because I’m a duck Thrope that survivability is number one priority, but yeah… Surviving on a Hunt please.” Faith bowed to her superior.

Titania bowed to her new student, before she returned to leaning on her longsword. “You’re really not going to like this… but okay. First order of business… we’re going to be jogging for a few miles. And when we get back, you’ll rest for a couple hours before you start lifting weights, which will progressively get heavier the longer we go, same as the run. You’ll want to hand me your training weapons… but are you ready to begin otherwise?” Titania asked, sheathing the wooden sword, and holding a hand out for Faith’s practice weapon.

Faith threw her shortsword into the air, making it fall slowly with her magic. “I’m ready. Can I work on my flight time as well, though?”

“I’ll fit it into your training regimen. And no wind magic for the run, as it basically cancels out what that exercise is about.” Titania replied, catching the slowed down sword before blurring out of focus for a moment, as the two swords seemingly disappeared. She began stretching and looked over to Faith, hoping the girl would try to mimic her.

Faith saw Titania do some weird dance move. Considering her singing, she wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what that was, but Faith doubted that was its intention. She began copying her anyways, feeling her muscles react in ways they never had before.

Titania smiled, performing a number of stretches, all the while her student copied her. After she had finished stretching, she nodded her head in a direction and began to jog away, making sure to maintain a speed Faith could follow.

Faith collapsed on the ground, before pushing herself up with her magic and giving herself a little push. She began jogging, hoping that she wouldn’t regret her decisions. While Titania seemed nice enough, her training regimens were anything but.

Black0ut

Improvements, cont.

============================
A couple hours later
============================

The Havenbrook guards were enjoying a nice and undisturbed watch, when a wolf with white-silver fur appeared, growling slightly. Nervous of what the beast would do, they began to lift their weapons to strike, but before they could do anything, the wolf soon transformed back into a woman retaining some of the features of the wolf. “Sorry. Training the new blood and she couldn’t handle the full run, so we both transformed.” Titania explained, glancing back in the direction she had just came from. The guards grumbled but said nothing more as they opened the gate up.

Faith came flying through at a speed too quick to avoid crashing, if not for her wind magic. She slowed her approach before transforming back and hiding behind Titania as the guards stared straight at her.

Casting a sharp glance at the Hunters on guard duty, she grabbed Faith’s hand and led her gently though, and eventually stopped at the manor’s grand staircase. “Alright… get some rest, Faith. We’ll work on the weights tomorrow.”

“Okay,” Faith responded, hugging Titania tightly. “Thank you for doing this for me… I couldn’t do this without you…” A single tear fell out of Faith’s eyes. She tried to wipe it away with her sleeve before Titania noticed.

Titania did notice the girl wipe her eyes and proceeded to return the hug. “Hey… you made it this far. You’re safe. That was all you, Faith. And I know that if we work a bit longer, you can become better than me in every conceivable way. You're a lot braver than you think you are.” The Wolf Thrope responded sweetly, gently petting Faith’s hair in an attempt to soothe her.

Her sniffles continued. In fact, they increased in frequency. “Really? That’s so nice of you to say…” Faith’s grip on Titania increased, to the point that Faith started slightly glowing green.

Titania smiled, and continued petting Faith’s hair. “I… It’s nothing. Just… be careful with some of the people here… some of them aren’t open to new people…” Titania warned, pausing for a moment to realize that she was effectively Faith’s caregiver. Huh… Maybe Geo was right… maybe I’m motherly to people who are scared...

Faith looked up to Titania’s eyes. Her eyes were so full of tears she could barely see. With her glasses on, that didn’t help too much either. She tried to stop crying, but it was easier said than done. She hadn’t experienced such kindness in a very long time, and yet these almost-complete strangers were so nice to her for no reason. She was so weak, but they were so supportive. They urged her forwards, as if they saw something in her that she didn’t.

Titania, hoping to soothe and perhaps end Faith’s tears, started singing an Elvish song Jay had taught her. She gently rocked Faith back and forth, hoping it would calm her down.

Wind swirled around both of them as Faith’s tears disappeared. As Titania continued to sing, Faith harmonized with her as they floated above the ground after one final sniffle.

Titania briefly recognized that she was no longer on the ground, but any fears she might have had she kept well hidden. She soon finished her song, and glanced around, noticing that many Hunters and staff had stopped to watch and listen to the spectacle. “Better?” Titania asked in Elvish.

Faith nodded fiercely, smiling from ear to ear. “I don’t think I can thank you enough…” She slowly brought them back down to the ground.

“You don’t have to. Seeing you smile is payment enough.” Titania replied in Doloran, before turning her attention to the spectators. This is going to hurt my reputation as a tough badass... Titania thought, glaring slightly at the onlookers. “Be brave. Be smart. You can succeed.” Titania continued in Elven once more, a bit more choppily.

“Okay. Thank you, once again. I apologize if I’m becoming a broken record by this point,” Faith responded. She let go of Titania, bowed, then walked farther into the Havenbrook Manor, leaving Titania to fix her reputation alone.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dahlexpert, ExoGrim, Frostlich1228, & ZombieSplitter53:

"Trouble in Tenengrow"
Client: Evena/Tema/Sonea
Target: Vampires of Tenengrow

Info:
Tenengrow is a small, lesser known forest on the west side of Mirandia, too small to be noted on a map, but important to the towns of Evena, Tema, and Sonea. They surround the forest, using it for wood, food, and a means of getting to their neighbors. The three villages depend on each other, and traveling through the forest cuts days off of the trips.

Unfortunately, such travel is being threatened by what is believed to be a rogue vampire within the forest. It is not unheard of that a vampire could exist outside of their megacity, and evidence does seem to point to a vampire. Over a dozen people from one of the three towns have disappeared after entering the forest. Each time, a search party has been deployed, and the missing people found, puncture wounds in their throats, their bodies drained of their fluids.

An open contract has been opened for anyone who can do away with whoever is attacking travelers. It is quite a large bounty, being provided by all three villages. Normally, we would leave this to the Mirandia Hunter Guilds, not wanting to conflict with them over the contract. However, one Guild has sent in two teams, neither of which have found anything, and a second Guild sent in a team that has yet to return. Now it is our turn.

Something feels off about this whole thing. It is unknown why an intelligent vampire hiding out in the forest would suddenly start doing things to expose itself. Whatsmore, one would think with over a dozen victims, one of them would have turned into a vampire after death, but all victims have been found so far. Regardless, enter the forest and track down the killer. Be wary if it turns out to be more than two vampires. In that case, retreat and report back so a stronger team can be deployed.

Tenengrow Forest
Feb. 19th, 3349
2:43 p.m.

A branch snapped overhead, and an arrow was pointed in its direction a moment later, Farron resisting the urge to fire even when he saw the squirrel leap forward and glide to another tree. “I hate the woods,” he mumbled. “Dark overcast on a sunny day. Plenty of places for enemies to hide. Plenty of wolves and poisonous snakes and all sorts of animals just doing their thing… and their thing involves killing you.”

“Then why volunteer for this mission,” Eraqus asked. “It isn’t like you had to come along.”

“H-honestly?” Farron smiled sheepishly. “I’ve always wanted to visit this country. It is a lot easier to border cross as a hunter. Besides, I don’t wanna miss a chance at bagging a vampire… even if they terrify me more then the woods.”

Eraqus rolled his eyes and looked back at the Fly Thrope. “What about you, Betty? Ever been to Mirandia?”

The Thrope shook her head, looking over her gauntlet, “Never been out of Themosa, zhis is quite the change of scenery from the big city.”

“The towns in this country are something to behold. As I’ve heard, the democratic and diverse nature of this country has inspired a lot of political changes in Serasam over the last several centuries. Not that I know much about politics.” Eraqus glanced over at Arlia. “And you’re from Stormrend, right? I imagine you spent at least a small amount of time here on your way to Serasam.”

“Correct.” The assassin replied while she was sharpening one of her kunai on a small stone. “This land is rather, interesting… to say the least. I never thought that there would be a forest this big.”

“This is nothing,” Eraqus said. “Not even big enough to be on most maps, but big enough to support our three clients.” He leaned down, and whispered into his mastiff’s ear. The large war dog barked and ran away. “So you here for the locale or the possible Vampire, Arlia?”

“I’m here to make sure no one else get hurt.” Arlia responded, putting her kunai and sharpening stone away. “These creatures need to be killed… for the sake of the villagers.”

“And you, Betty?” The Elf asked.

“Truthfully? Zhis is similar to the mission my parents went on before they vanished…” The Engineer stated as she walked. “It’s not likely, but maybe I could find a trace of zhem here. And helping people is an obvious bonus, of course.”

“Of course.” Eraqus stepped next to Charter. “And of course you just don’t care for Vampires, especially in her home country, right?”

Charter, carrying a few potions and with Slone by his side, seemed to be in a daze, it being the first time he’s stepped in Mirandia in years. “Huh? Oh, sorry boss, I wasn't paying attention, did you say something?”

Eraqus smiled. “Nice to be home, huh?”

“It’s something. I haven’t been here in almost a decade, since I became a knight and took my oath. So being home right now... I kinda have mixed feelings, and the fact that an abomination is in my home doesn’t help.”
Slone whined a bit and rubbed his head against his master.

“Yeah since we’re home buddy, I guess we could go home after this is over.” Charter looked at the three other wolves he brought. “Not sure how they will react to my pack though.”

“Well, let’s focus on the problem at hand.” Eraqus stopped before the others. “As you know, there is supposedly a blood sucker somewhere in the forest. However…” He glanced quickly at Charter. “As has been pointed out recently, something has been off about several recent missions, as though misdirection is being used to throw us off. Dire wolves replaced with Worgs, ghosts replaced with vengeful spirits, and far more undead than anticipated. Not much we can do about it except to expect the unexpected. Any questions?”

“Is there a reason Zulik didn’t tag along?” Arlia inquired. “I would’ve assumed that with this many corrupted creatures, he would’ve been an invaluable asset for this mission.”

“Because we’re hoping to sneak up on our target to be honest.” Eraqus began walking again. “Zulik is very helpful in a fight. But if this is the work of vampires, they could smell his dark aura coming a mile away, and dark magic isn’t very effective against them. Honestly, I’m very satisfied with the crew I got.”

“If zhis really is a vampire… What do we do if… one of us… turns?” Betty asked, walking up beside Eraqus.

Eraqus took a deep breath. “Unfortunately, our information on vampires is 300 years out of date. But if they have remained unchanged, they can only make a new vampire if they kill you, and there is only a one in five chance that’ll happen. Not like zombies where it is guaranteed. That said, anyone bitten by a vampire can be mesmerized by them, turning them into a potential threat.” He smile at her. “So if that happens to me, do me a favor and sock me in the head until I’m knocked out.”

Betty nodded firmly. “Luckily I can turn down ze power on this thing, just in case.”

The group pressed on into the forest, the sounds of birds chirping slowly dying out as they neared the center. After a while, Eraqus’ mastiff came running up, and his master leaned down. The large canine whined like a newborn pup. “What’s wrong, Teg?” he asked softly, petting his head. He looked back. “Something is up ahead. Ready yourselves, and watch the overhead branches.”

“Slone, fall back for a moment and wait for my signal. Understand? Don’t want the target to know that we have four dire wolves on our side.” Slone and the other wolves departed into the vegetation out of everyone sight. Charter pulled out his short sword and readied his shield.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Trouble in Tenengrow
Part Two

They soon found themselves at what looked like a small camp, the remains of a long-dead campfire in the center. There were no vampires in sight, but there were people. Three laid on the ground, none moving. “These clothes… these are Mirandia Hunters, aren’t they?” Eraqus asked Charter.

“Indeed they are. The fighters guild, one of the more mercenary-like guilds in Mirandia. So I guess they didn’t last long.” Charter went to the three people sword ready to attack.” Hey, buddy you alright?”

None of them moved, either dead or playing it very well. “Guess this means there really is something here.” Eraqus waved for Arlia to come over. “As a former assassin, you’d be best at examining them. Do you mind?”

“In my time in the military, I’ve seen more dead bodies than this and created most of them.” The assassin replied as she approached. “I’m certain I can find out what killed them… even if it means cutting them open.”

Luckily, it didn’t take that, at least not much. A quick examination of the bodies showed the vampire like bites on their necks. A slit on their arms yielded little in the way of blood, but there was something more to them. “They’re so… dry. Like they’ve literally been drank of all their fluids,” Eraqus said, leaning over one of the bodies with Arlia. “Check… check for multiple bite wounds on their necks.”

Arlia did have she was told and counted how many bites were on each corpse. “There appears to be multiple bite marks on each of their necks. I’m starting to think this isn’t a vampire problem… even if a vampire would bite more than one time, it’s unlikely that they be able to drink this much blood.”

“Thinking the same. Besides, this looks like they were set upon by more than one thing.” Eraqus quickly stood up and looked around. “This isn’t a vampire… which means it is an unknown threat. And I’m not going to throw you guys into the unknown again. If any of you want to drop this mission now, say so.”

“Sir... as a knight and me swearing to defend the weak, I can not in good conscious just leave these people to their fate, especially in my home country. Anyone else?”

“I… I want to stay. Whatever this zhing is it’s hurting a lot of innocent people, directly and indirectly. Someone needs to stop it.” The Fly-Girl answered. “Farron? We wouldn’t be mad at you if you decided to go.”

Farron sulked his head down, looking around at the others. With a nervous smile, he said, “W-well… we’d be in just as much danger on the way out, right? Might as well continue, right?”

Eraqus nodded. “Good. Alright, everyone fan out and search for signs of struggle, animals, or anything unusual.”

Arlia nodded, climbing one of the trees to get a high ground advantage. “We should report back here in an hour, make sure everyone is still alive.” The assassin stated before darting from branch to branch towards the northern woods.

Minutes passed in silence, Farron nervously making his way through the woods alone. He thought the idea of vampires was nerve wracking, but somehow, the fear of the unknown was worse. More minutes passed, and he realized he couldn’t hear the sounds of his teammates footsteps anymore. “At least I can’t hear anyone el-” He swirled to the right, a bush shaking. He raised an arrow, and suddenly the shaking was to his left. He spun just as something jumped out at him, his yell echoing across the woods.

The closest to him, Betty made a break in his direction as she heard his scream, sweating as she pushed the foliage out of her way and readied her pistol.

Arlia heard the scream and kicked off the branch she was about to land on, making it to the archer as fast as possible. She pulled out a shuriken and two kunai incase whatever attacked him was able to spot her.

Laying on the ground was a rather large, nasty looking boar, an arrow expertly sticking between its eyes. Farron laid on the ground next to it, breathing heavily. “I… think I caught dinner,” he mumbled.

Rushing over to him and offering him a hand, Betty smiled. “Farron… You scared me half to death…”

Arlia quietly sighed. She didn’t see the point in revealing herself as the Archer was safe and now had protection. She continued scouting the area from the high ground that she had full freedom of.

Farron gave Betty a grateful smile. “Thanks. I’m… not used to people worrying about me. I appreciate it. Um… sorry for screaming like a wimp.”

Off in the opposite direction, where Charter and Eraqus had gone, Slone had his own patrol with his fellow wolves nearby. He stopped at the sound of movement in the bushes, something stalking the predator.

Slone stopped and looked at the direction of the noise. Starting to growl at it, Slone slowly made his way to the noise. From out of the blush, a long tongue unfurled, darting forward and back. A large lizard, almost the size of Eraqus’ mastiff, slowly emerged from the bush, looking Slone over.

Slone looked at the lizard and decided it wasn't worth attacking, as his assignment was more important. Since his master ordered him to. After walking for a little while longer, the bushes started to shake again, and the lizard, or one that looked like it, stepped out, stepping forward and tilting its head.

Slone also tilted his head looking at the lizard, Slone decided to continue his mission. And decided to walk past the lizard again, but he picked up his pace and started to walk a little faster. After another minute, the lizard started walking along his left side. Another walked along his right side. Another crawled down a tree in his path. This third one flicked its tongue, and slowly opened it mouth, as though yawning.

Slone started to blink a few times and remembered what his master taught him. Now slone, when we start to attack a single target, you get there left and I get there right. Once the person is in a corner, they’re screwed. Now if they have backup, that backup will make us back down . That’s how wolves hunt alright, little buddy. Slone looked at the lizards, and saw that he was surrounded. Once noticing his predicament, he howled to the rest of his wolves. The other four dire wolves appeared and seem to have turned the tables on the lizards.

The lizards regarded them, and the two next to Slone slowly backed away. The one in front of him, however, stood its ground, mouth wide open. With little but a gurgle as a warning, it suddenly unleashed its attack in the form of a noxious vapor that sprayed out of its mouth and covered the dire wolf.

Slone whimpered and his pack attacked the Lizard that attacked there Alpha, the three out of the four wolves started to bite into lizard leg neck and nose. While the fourth dire wolf stared down the other lizards, growling at them to leave. The other wolves ripped the throat out of the lizard that attacked Slone, and ripped out it’s neck. Once dead, the four dire wolves turned their attention to the other lizards.

The pair backed away, seemingly cowardly, until they heard a rustling behind them. They stepped forward, as did a third, and a fourth. And a fifth. As more and more came into view, Eraqus ran up, having heard the howling, he briefly scanned the area. The dissipating gas. The over sized reptilians. And Sloan, still standing… completely, perfectly still. “Shit.” He raised his hands and aimed between the trees, sending up a fireball that exploded like a flare. Hoping the others stayed close like he order, he ran in, firing his crossbow to keep some distance.

A set of kunai daggers descended down upon the Lizards. Arlia stayed in the trees, but made sure there weren’t any other of the creatures near her before pulling out two more kunai and throwing them at the oversized reptilians.

Charter, for his part, jumped out of the forest and drove his sword through one of the lizard’s skull. “STAY AWAY FROM MY WOLVES!” Charter switched to his bow and arrow and fired them into the lizards.

“Charter, I know you're pissed, but try and fight from a dis-” Eraqus cried out as a creature dove from a tree and sank it teeth into his neck. Eraqus suddenly felt a powerful force knock him to the ground, however what had happened to the lizard attached to him had been much worse. Betty’s gauntlet had easily punched a hole into it and caved in it’s ribcage, sending sharp fragments of bone into it’s heart if the initial impact hadn’t already killed it.

Taking out her gun and blasting a nearby lizard, she quickly helped her team’s leader up. “Are you okay?”

“N...not… rea… lly…” Eraqus slowly stood up, moving like his body was four times as heavy. He shot his crossbow, completely missing his target. “Don’t… worry… about… me… protect… others…”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Trouble in Tenengrowth
Part Three

Arlia cursed under her breath as she looked upon her leader. She turned back to the Lizards, anger filling up in her eyes. Arlia recalled one of General Thunder’s teachings on Chi. Sometimes, to balance the mind, you must let your emotions take control of your body. It’s temporary, but the effects it has on your chi can be devastating if used correctly. Arlia pulled out more kunai, wielding full sets in each hand. She quickly threw each hand’s worth, pulling out new sets as soon as one was thrown. She kept bombarding the monsters until they were all dead or she ran out of tools. To the others, it looked almost it was like it was raining blades.

“Whoa…” Farron stared up at Arlia in awe, so surprised he almost missed the creature sneaking up on her while she was in her rage fueled attack. With a split second notch, he sent an arrow flying into its chest, Arlia not even noticing it as it tumbled out of the tree. With over a dozen dead or injured from the kunai rain, there seemed to be a finite number of the creatures at last. That didn’t stop five from swarming Farron. He was a coward at heart, something he didn’t like to admit, but it made him great at running away. One slashed at him, and he ducked back, tucking in his stomach so it missed. He shot an arrow and downed one, then rolled forward to avoid another slash. A quick slice slit one of their throats, but two shot their toxic fumes at him, the man having to fall onto his back and roll to the side to avoid meeting Slone’s fate. He grabbed for an arrow, only to note they had spilled out of his quiver. “Crap,” he mumbled as two closed in, him only having a knife to defend himself.

Betty rushed forward after dispatching two lizards of her own, sending a steel toed boot into the side of one of the lizards attacking Farron, trying to get it’s attention. “Come here! You get away from him!”

The pair turned, and opened their mouths, firing another stream of gas her way. Backing up and doing some quick thinking, She held up her gauntlet and ejected the air from it into a cloud of steam in an attempt to dissipate the gas. It worked, as did her distraction, as Farron rolled to the side and grabbed a pair of arrows, shooting them into the back of their enemies’ heads. “Thanks!” he called out, rushing to scoop up his fallen arrows.

Eraqus panted heavily as his brain worked overtime but his body was so slow to react. Luckily, they were facing unintelligent creatures working on interest, and he had Teg to back him up, the mastiff ripping at the reptiles with a ferocity one would never expect from the usually calm beast. He reached to his side, and pulled out a small bottle. It would solve all his problems, but he slowly shook his head. “Charter… come… here…!”

Charter was still angry about his wolves being attacked and still in a trance, Charter put his sword through one of the lizard's neck and slashed it through it’s jaw. While a other one tried to attack Charter from behind he used his shield and bashed the lizard with it, and quickly slit it’s throat. Charter finally noticed Eraqus still on the ground and he quickly came out of his trance and ran to Eraqus. “Sir!” Charter made his way to Eraqus and quickly killed any lizard that got in his way. “Eraqus, are you alright, ugh poison hold on.” Charter quickly gave him one of his potions to drink.

Eraqus chugged it, and sighed. “That’s… a little better. Though the Basilisk petrification takes a while to get out of the blood stream.” He reached over and placed a small bottle in Charter’s hand. “Here… give this to Slone. He isn’t dead… and we could use his help.”

Charter looked at Slone and made his way to his companion, while running to Slone a few more lizards came out of the trees and in front of Charter. “GET OUT OF MY WAY!” Charter quickly put his sword into the neck of one of the lizards, and quickly pulled his sword out and lunged it through the mouth of the other one. Once they were dead, Charter finally made his way to Slone. “Alright buddy, I’m not sure what this does, but I’m trusting Eraqus here.” Charter poured the liquid on Slone and waited.

The noxious gas’s effects quickly dissipated and Slone came back to his senses. “Slone!” Charter hugged his companion and looked at the remaining Lizards. “Slone kill, kill every single one of them.” Slone howled and the rest of his wolves seemed to come out of there trance at their alpha howl, once out of there trance the wolves quickly went after what was left of the giant Lizards. Slone jumped one of the lizards and bit the back of it’s neck... the force Slone used broke the upper spine of the one of the Lizard, the other Lizard charged at Slone. Slone bit into the lizard's neck, dragging the lizard to the ground and choking it to death. “That’s my boy, get them all.”

Arlia pounced on one of the Basilisks, impaling the creature with her katana. She quickly jumped off the lizard, slashing another’s spine as she touched the ground. Quickly turning her attention to a third lizard, she sheathed her blade, waiting for the creature to attack first. It tilted its head, as though wondering why she put her weapon away, and with a heart throbbing shriek, it charged her, slashing with its front claws. Steel flashed for a second, before the creature’s claw and and head slowly slide off of the now dead body. Arlia’s blade was still sheathed, or sheathed again to be exact. Arlia lowered her face mask and took a moment to spit. A grin touched her face as she turned to the remaining basilisk.

Betty meanwhile was fighting off three who had surrounded her. She quickly pulled out a pistol, blasting one from range and taking out a chunk of it’s side. The other two quickly rushed her, teeth bared as they lunged. The Fly-Girl used her gauntlet to block the bite of the first, then quickly pulled the lizard over to the side and into the bite of the other one. The creature sunk it’s teeth in the back of it’s own pack mate as Betty knocked the first one off of her gauntlet with the butt of her pistol; now vulnerable, she delivered two powerful strikes to each of them, the first collapsing one’s skull, the second sending the other flying into a nearby tree.

Eraqus cracked his neck from side to side. Whatever Charter had given him wasn’t perfect, but he finally felt like he wasn’t moving in slow motion, and he was tired of sitting out the fight. He quickly fired his crossbow at a charging Basilisk, and as it stumbled, he kicked it up and slammed his elbow into it with a grunt. Another jumped and slashed at him. He ducked to the side, letting it fly past, and he threw his sword as it landed, impaling it. Hardly defenseless, Eraqus casually walked to retrieve his sword, blasting controlled fireballs into the maws of two lizards that tried to spray him. He grabbed his sword and let out a grunt when he saw Farrow miss with his last arrow. Eraqus charged forward and yelled, “MOVE!” Farron dodged to the side just as Eraqus jumped up, letting out a battle cry as he slammed his blade down, sending up a plume of dust and splitting his opponent in two. He slowly turned back and glanced at the three remaining creatures as they backed away. They turned to flee, and Eraqus calmly said, “Don’t let any of them escape.”

Charter whistled and the other four dire wolves ran to the escaping lizards, They pounced on them and started to chomp on there necks snapping them. “That’ my dogs.” The wolves returned to Charted and rubbed their heads on their masters. “Right well that was a thing. You alright boss.”

“No… I mean I’m fine, thanks to you, but I’m pissed.” Eraqus scanned the area. Dozens of dead Basilisks. His Hunters, exhausted and injured. Slone, nearly killed. He himself would be feeling the effects of the toxin for weeks. Ironically, a single vampire would have been easier to deal with then an army of these things. “They’re too many of them,” he said angrily.

“You mean there are more of them?” Arlia said, surprised as she looked at all of the corpses. “After all the ones we killed… there’s still too many?”

“I mean this is too many.” Eraqus swung his arm around. “Think about it. There are dozens of these things here, and yet the only people who died were people who wandered into the forest. Why didn’t they swarm the villages? What did they feed on besides those few humans? Where did they come from in the first place? The villages didn’t mention this being Basilisk territory. If I knew it was, I would have brought more than one cure for their petrifying breath.”

“Are you suggesting someone or something… Put them here? If they don’t live here naturally zhen what other explanation is there?” The Engineer confirmed.

Arlia thought for a moment. “How close is the city from these village?” She asked Charter, the person who knew the land better than anyone.

“A few days, away so even if I wanted to go home and bring the my family iron legion that will take to much time. Wait, how old were those guild bodies we found?”

“A week old, maybe a week and a half.” Arlia answered, retrieving as many of her kunai as she could. “The lack of major city rules out Zulik’s cult theory… do you have another idea?”

“Well, my father, even if he wanted to send men, even though it’s Mirandia, he wouldn't send the whole army. And since we thought this was one target from what we thought, he probably would send one person. But that would still take probably days unless that person is on the road.” Charter groaned at the thought.

Eraqus rubbed his chin, and sighed. “All I can say is I’m thinking what Betty is thinking. Someone or something put them here to screw with these villages, and possibly us. And I don’t appreciate it.” He shook his head, and sighed. “Come on… let's head back and report what happened. At least we’ll get paid for our fight against these vampiric lizards."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Trouble in Tenengrowth
Part Four

“Um boss, I’m not going back not yet anyway. Since I’m back home, I would like to go and see my family. It’s been far too long since I last saw them after all.”

Eraqus patted him on the shoulder. “Just don’t take too long. But have fun.”

“Fun, yeah... that’s the word. Tell the lady I will return in a few weeks. Slone, come on, we're going home. Home, home, back to the legion.” Charter got on the back of Slone, and he and the rest of his dire wolves went east towards the nearest city.

Eraqus rolled his neck and ordered Betty and Farron to go on ahead, but asked Arlia to stay behind for a moment. “Can you do me a favor?” he asked, pulling out a pencil and a small sheet of paper.

“What is this favor?” Arlia asked, a little suspicious of the sudden request.

He slowly wrote something, the toxin making things a tad blurry, and handed the paper to Arlia. It was written in Elven, completely alien to Arlia. “I need you to read this out loud. Kinda shout it. Pronounce it as well as you can. Doesn’t have to be perfect.”

Arlia followed the awkward require, trying her best to pronounce the foreign language loudly to make sure he could hear it. “Is that it?”

“Yup.” After a few moments, he said. “But, try again. A little louder. And… say it kinda angrily. Like you’re mad at someone.”

Arlia sighed, repeating the words in a more angrily tone. There was a sudden whoosh of air, and standing in front of Arlia was a young woman in a school uniform with orange-red hair, slowly opening and closing her fists. “Say it again,” she muttered. “Say it one more time, and see what happens. I… DARE you.”

Arlia jumped at the sudden appearance of the girl. She peered behind her to Eraqus. “What the hell is going on? And what did you have me say exactly?”

“I, um… it isn’t proper to say out loud,” Eraqus answered, hiding a smile behind his palm. “Sorry, but it was the only way to make sure she would show up.”

In a flash, the girl was in front of him, Eraqus dropping to his knees, holding his stomach in pain as she pulled her fist back. “Jackass!” She looked over to Arlia again, and raised an eyebrow. “Did you know what you were saying?”

“I don’t know Elven, so no.” Arlia sighed. “This is one of those times where it’s best not to trust your leader, isn’t it.”

“Yeah, but he’s usually better than this.” She walked over and offered her hand. “Ranseca. Herald of the Gods, Voice of the Almighties, Ear to the blah, blah blahblah blah blah. Nice to meet you, Arlia.”

“Ranseca…” Arlia paused, recalling the name before. “You were the one who helped Zulik get a hold of Nemesis, correct?”

“That’s right. The other gods… aren’t always the best at responding to calls… or listening for that matter. I’d say… seven out of eight times, you’ll have to go through me to get a hold of them. And boy… do they have me run around a lot. It’s tiring, I tell you…” Ranseca had a big smile on her face, not looking very tired.

“You mentioned Eraqus was usually better than this… have you two talked in the past?” the princess inquired, curious about the Goddess.

“Well, yeah. I’ve had lots of dealings with him and the Haven-...”

Eraqus cleared his throat. “You have a big mouth, you know that.”

The goddess looked back. “Damn. Thought you would have been down for longer.”

Eraqus coughed several times, trying to catch his breath. “Why, you only punched me a dozen times.”

“Twenty-three times, actually,” Ranseca said nonchalantly. She smiled back at Arlia. “Does he still have the… no sense of humor problem?”

Arlia looked at the Elf briefly. “Yeah, pretty much.”

Eraqus rolled his eyes. “Look… you owe us…”

“I owe Lady Havenbrook…”

“And this is about the Guild.” Eraqus pointed towards one of the petrifying lizards. “Someone is screwing with us. And we might have seen who it was. I need you to find out…”

“Favor or no, I can’t interfere with the problems of you mortals.”

“...to find out if this has anything to do with the other gods.” Eraqus finished. “You have a duty if it has to do with another god messing with the mortal realm, right?”

Ranseca scrunched her nose in frustration. “So annoying. Considering how you called me here, I don’t think I should do anything for you…”

“If not for him…” Arlia suggested. “Can you do it for Lady Havenbrook? Whoever is behind this is starting to become a headache for her and, if Zulik is correct, it could be one of the goddesses of this world.”

Ranseca let out a long sigh. “Fine, fine. I’ll do it. For Billy… and for you, Princess. But only because I’m a fan of your skills.”

Eraqus raised an eyebrow. “Princess?”

Arlia’s cheeks turned bright red as she leaned over to Ranseca. “I kinda forged documentation to get into the guild… they don’t know that I’m actually Princess of Stormrend.”

“Oh… Oh! Ooooooh…” Ranseca laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her head. “Princess! You know… a nickname! I call everyone Princess. All the time.”

Eraqus folded his arms. “No, you don’t.”

“Yeah, sure I do.”

“No, you don’t.”

“Uh, yes, I do!”

“I have never heard you even say the word Princess before today.”

“Bitch, you don’t know everything about me!” The goddess smiled at Arlia. “Uh… good luck!” She ran off, so fast the grass where she had been standing simmered for a few moments.

Eraqus looked over at Arlia. “Anything you want to share?”

“To be honest... I’m surprised you didn’t figure out yourself.” Arlia remarked. “I just happen to have the same name as the Princess of Stormrend and no one bats an eye… even though I come from the area as an assassin from the military.”

The Elf slowly narrowed his eyes. “Rrrright…” He motioned for her to follow. “Come on. Let’s get back to the village. And you want a little advice?”

“What is that?” The princess asked as she followed the hunting leader.

“When you talk to Lady Havenbrook about this…” He glanced back at her with a serious look. “And you will be talking to her about this, I suggest you leave out the condescending line about how you’re surprised it took us so long to figure it out. Might not go over well.”

Arlia sighed in frustration. “This isn’t going to end well.” she muttered under her breath as the two of them made their way to the village.

Black0ut

Black0ut and ZombieSplitter53 present:

Aftermath: Confrontations
Feb. 16th, 3349
12:24 p.m.

As the afternoon carried on and the manor was alive with the gossip and cheers of a large group of returning Hunters, Titania walked away from the main mess hall, having just got her lunch before the rush started. She was making her way towards the main hall when she noticed a door slightly ajar, one she had never seen opened before, nor has seen anyone go in or out of. As she neared it, she heard voices, quiet at first, but a male voice soon turned to shouting.

Titania's ears twitched and focused on the voice, attempting to listen in on the conversation discretely before entering. Slowly, she took out her dagger and used it to skewer and slice the meat on her plate.

"I told you! I told you she wasn't ready! But all our lives are to you is a pay day, right? Disposable tools!"

"Please, Even..." Mina's voice was soft and sad. "She insisted. She... I believed she could handle..."

"All for some morons that would rather look out for each other, but fuck looking after their leader, right?"

"That isn't fair, Even. I told you, she let her guard down, aiming at one of her o-"

"That is bullshit! Bethany had her problems. That always held her back. But she would never attack her own teammates!"

Titania sheathed her dagger as she entered. She leaned against the door and looked at the taller man. She didn't respond, and merely looked on as a spectator might in an arena duel.

"She was high strung, but she was a good woman, and you let them cut her down like... like..." The man notice Titania out of the corner of his eye. "What do you want?"

Mina gave Titania a sad look. "Titania... y- you shouldn't be here."

The wolf Thrope shrugged. "Probably not. I came to see what the yelling was about. If I could hear you through the door... well, that and there wasn't really a place to sit down. As for you," Titania answered turning to the man, studying him, her face remaining passive, "absolutely nothing. At least, not anything you can provide me."

"Who is she?" Even asked this he suddenly stared Titania down. "Your name... you were on the mission with Bethany! You let her die!"

"Nobody let her die!" Mina insisted. "It was none of their fault!"

Titania's eyes flashed feral for a moment, as her claws tried to pierce her new gloves. After a moment or two of fighting her primal side, the look was lost and her hands returned to normal.

"I didn't let her die. I carried her to safety. I protected her when skeletons descended from the ceiling. And I cried when she died from her wounds and turned into a zombie. I carried her, and I can still feel the blood on my arms." Titania growled, muting the noise the best she could, and also not mentioning what she did to Bethany.

Even's eyes filled with despair, and he looked back at Mina. "You... y-you didn't tell me... she turned."

Mina rubbed her wrist nervously. "I thought that would be too much."

The large man took a step towards Titania. "But it was unpreventable, right. You... you guys said she was... threatening a Light Elf. She had her issues, I know that. But surely... you were exaggerating. She would never!"

"Heat of battle, she did attack Jay. Sylvie was down and injured, and would have died if Jay didn't heal her. Bethany... she ordered him to leave her. He refused angrily, and she turned her attention away from her opponent. When she rose, I... I put her to rest. I'm so sorry for your loss." Titania said quietly, her voice full of empathy while she looked down.

Even held his fists tightly, his arms shaking. He was a huge man, hundreds of pounds of pure muscles and unshakeable in appearance, but he couldn't stop a few tears from rolling down her cheeks. "Did she... hurt anyone?"

"No. The undead... they got to her before anything happened. I'm so sorry. I...I can't imagine what you're going through. Although... if you want to talk about it, I'm usually by the training grounds." Titania consoled, standing on her toes in order to put her hand on his shoulder.

He slowly nodded. "Thank you. Please tell that other guy I'm... sorry for how my sister treated him. I... I need to be... by myself for a while." With a sad sigh, he slowly walked out.

Mina let out a breath, and sink into a dusty chair. "At least he didn't take it out on you. Though I'm sure I'm still in hot water. I deserve it. Thanks for bailing me out there."

"No problem. Although keeping my boss slash possible friend out of trouble is a... little weird if I'm being honest." Titania replied, shifting around uncomfortably in her new iron armor. "I... so I can tell you're under a lot of stress, so... want to talk about it?"

Mina sighed. "Just between us... and I mean that, don't tell anyone I said this... I sometimes wonder if I'm fit to lead like this. There were things I could have done to prevent this. Accept that she wasn't ready. Not send anyone but humans on that mission. But... she so insisted she was ready, and if I couldn't trust her with non-humans now, when could I?" She shook her head. "Mistakes happen. But I have been at this far too long to make that kind of mistake. It was pathetic, and he had every right to be as mad as he was."

Titania sighed, taking a few steps towards Mina. "Except she was a good leader, and the only flaw she had was how racist she was to Jay. Besides... I should have kept a better eye on her, should've noticed the signs that she was unraveling... this mistake is not yours, Wilhelmina. It is mine."

Mina gave her a surprised look. "Don't tell me you've been blaming yourself this whole time. Please, Titania, don't so that to yourself. I read the report, and I saw no blame to put on you or anyone else."

"And yet... I think you'd be wrong. If I had kept my eyes open, maybe I could have saved her." Titania replied, seeming a bit older. "You sending her out into the field didn't kill her. Me, Jay, Sylvie, Solomon, we failed to save her."

"Please don't think that way." Mina walked over and put her hands on Titania's shoulders. "You did nothing wrong, understand? You kept the others safe where she could not. You did everything right, hear me?"

Titania smiled ruefully, "If losing control in a fight, and partially resembling a Lycan was right, then maybe I shouldn't restrain myself so much." Her smile faltered, and for a moment all her fear, all the uncertainty and the bloodlust she still felt, all bubbled out. Then, as soon as it came, her expression soon turned into one of faux calm.

Mina recognized the look, however brief. It was one she had so many years ago. One that always threatened to come up again. So She stepped forward, and gave the woman before her a light hug, running her hand through her hair. "Don’t trouble yourself too much," Mina said softly. "I care about my Hunters, and I make sure they have room to grow and better themselves."

"Well, I care about you and I'm sure many others feel the same. Please don't overtax yourself." Titania asked, subtly trying to change the subject.

Black0ut

Aftermath: Confrontations, Cont.

Mina nodded, and stepped back. "I guess it is wrong of us to tell the other to not blame themselves when we are doing that. Hypocritical." She gave Titania an authentic smile.

Titania returned the smile, her mood seemingly returning to what it was like before she had entered. "I'll promise not to blame myself if you'll let me know when you're stressed out. Deal?"

"Deal." Mina sighed and looked around. This prompted Titania to look around for the first time. By the dust covered counter and the chairs and tables covered in sheets, it looked like some kind of lounge. "You know... this used to be a bar, back when this house was just a house, not a Hunter's Guild. I never saw a use for reopening this room, but... maybe I should. Let the Hunter's enjoy a good drink without having to sneak it in from town, which they would just do anyway."

"Good idea, although we may have a few Hunters who might take to the drink a little too often... Maybe we- erm, I mean you, can staff some Hunters as barkeeps to prevent some of the alcoholics from drinking too much? Just a thought." Titania pitched, moving back to the wall to lean on it.

"That's a good idea. I have made a bit extra lately. I'll start stocking this room immediately." Mina nodded to Titania. "Thank you. You really made me feel better."

"And you return the favor usually." Titania looked down for a moment, a flash of her last battle raced through her mind, making her close her eyes tightly as she grimaced. Looking back up, she offered a weak smile, "I guess I should thank you for allowing me and Jay to come here, and... for not turning me away when you learned of my... defects. So... thank you, Wilhelmina Havenbrook."

Mina nodded. "They're not defects. Just demons, ones we all have, that you'll be able to work on in a safe environment."

Titania nodded, but soon a mischievous grin took over. "LW... I know you're busy a lot of the time managing the guild... but could I spar with you? I want to see how far away in skill I am from you. Well, that and rumors say you are one of the best, at least when it comes to the sword."

"Well, it's been a while, but..." Mina nodded. "Yeah, why not. I would mind seeing your skills for myself."

Titania nearly jumped up and down out of excitement, but managed to transform it into a grin. "This is going to be so cool..." The wolf Thrope said giddily, leading the Guildmaster down to the training grounds.

"Too bad there are no equivalent training weapons to my Judge, but I really don't want to accidentally blow a hole in you." Mina placed the oversized gun to the side, and picked up two practice swords, mimicking a rapier and a saber and twirled them about. "Hmm... weight's off. I'll have to talk to the pervert about that later." She took her place on one side of the arena.

"Ed's not so bad... just a little frivolous with his actions." Titania replied, retrieving a wooden set of weapons resembling her own. Titania began to circle around Mina, her wooden longsword and dagger raised to riposte if Mina attacked.

"I might be a little rusty, but don't go easy on me." Mina sheathed the rapier and rushed forward with saber pointed out. She moved with speed and grace, practically gliding towards her opponent.

Titania moved to the right, not quite blurring to give Mina a fair fight. "Well... I kinda have to. I'm one of your fastest Hunters, and it can swing things in my favor if I use my speed... so, I'll fight you on equal terms." The Thrope replied, preparing to counteract Mina's next attack.

"Whatever makes you feel better. Just don't be sore if it costs you." Mina twirled around, somehow pulling her second sword in mere moments and throwing it towards Titania. As it sailed towards her, meant to distract rather than hit, Mina thrust forward with her Saber at an incredible speed. "Thunder Thrust!"

Titania attempted to block and succeeded in decreasing the blow's strength, but was knocked to the ground as a result. "Oww... You hit hard. Maybe restraining myself speed-wise was a bad idea..." Titania murmured, jumping back onto her feet before launching herself at the Guildmaster, deciding offense would serve her better.

Mina moved to defense herself. With a lighter, thinner weapon, she relied on swift dodges and deflections rather than straight blocks. "You're pretty quick with that heavy sword. Being stronger then you look is an asset you can take advantage of against intelligent opponents." She darted to the side and run past Titania, diving for her second sword and rolling to her feet, dual wielding.

The Thrope lifted both her hands, and soon realized that she had lost the dagger already in the spar, groaning slightly at her misfortune, she swung her longsword at Mina, while simultaneously swinging her fist towards the woman's stomach. It's a little cheap... but she attacked me with that lighting fast and hard hitting attack, so... fair payment? A fair reprisal? Titania wondered, making sure to study her opponent in case she decided to counterattack.

The punch connected, though Mina was able to reduce the damage by rolling back, quickly climbing to her feet a few feet back. Still, she wobbled for a moment. With a sly grin, she said, "Well, alright then. Serious it is." She quickly ran forward again, slashing one sword vertically, immediately followed by a horizontal slash from the other sword.

"Shit." Titania managed to blurt out before blocking the vertical blow, and trying to step out of range of Mina's second sword only to feel a sharp pain as the wooden blade connected with her body. Moving quickly, she grabbed the blade in order to make her losing battle a stalemate.

Mina suddenly released the sword, her hand swiftly shifting to her waist to grab a wooden replica handgun from her belt. She brought it up and pointed it at Titania's face. "Bang," she whispered with a smile.

Titania frowned, acknowledging her defeat with a sigh. "Y'know... guns are so unfair. If this was a sword battle, I might have the upper hand... especially if I don't hold back."

Mina slowly stepped back, and folded her arms. "You didn't make any specifications when we started. Besides, you won't have time to think about how you would have won or how some tactic is unfair when you have been shot in the head. An opponent won't lay all his cards on the table for you." She smiled lightly. "And I didn't tell you that you had to hold back. Next time we spar, please use all of your abilities."

Titania nodded and seemed to vanish, reappearing behind Mina, with a slight grimace. "If I did fight you fully, this would end too quickly. Besides, were this a real fight, you wouldn't have time to pull your gun out." The Thrope responded, gently poking the back of Mina's head.

Mina laughed. "Maybe..." She reached back, grabbing Titania's wrist and twisting her arm around her back, holding it tight. "Though I might surprise you."

"Oh? How might that be?" Titania asked, grabbing Mina's other arm.

Mina wrapped her legs around Titania's, both of them falling to the ground as Mina held on tightly. "I might be faster than you think." Her smile faded away. "Besides, what you just did... what you just said, assuming your speed would be a sure win, is dangerous. There are those that will take advantage of that confidence, and I don't want to lose a skilled Hunter of that."

"You - what a strong grip- you won't. At least, not for a few years. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but I'm usually less boastful, and not at all confident. I'm just... trying to cheer myself up." Titania replied, moving her grabbing arm so as to put Mina in a chokehold, but refrained from putting much pressure behind the hold.

Mina grunted a bit. "In that case... boast away. We all need something to... cheer us up lately." She struggled to get free, but decided it was better to just give in this time, and she lightly tapped Titania's arm.

Titania removed her arm, yawning slightly, "And how do you cheer yourself up, Mina? I assume it's not by boasting, and I also don't think it's by giving helpful advice."

Mina sat back, giving a small smile. "Seeing my Hunters get stronger. Exercise. Both of which we took care of here." She shrugged. "A bit of booze also goes a long way."

"In that case, wanna head out to the town? I'd be buying, of course." Titania offered, still in the various holds Mina had put her in. After a moment or two, Titania yawned again tiredly. "Or do you have to get back to work?"

"Well... better get to work if I'm going to open the bar room. Besides, you sound exhausted." Mina stood up and helped Titania to her feet. "Once the bar is ready, we'll have somewhere close by to share that drink."

"I'm going to hold you to that, Mina." Titania replied, her face becoming more serious after a moment. "Whenever you're stressed, let me or someone you trust know. Don't hold it in." Nodding at Mina, the Wolf Thrope walked away towards the manor, knowing she could nap for thirty minutes before she began Faith's training.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dismal Discord

Floating Megacity of Ethereum
Realm of the Goddess of Discord
Feb. 22nd, 3349
11:24 p.m.

"So easy," Tecunte whispered to herself, peering at the image of several familiar figures settling down for the night, about half way home. "An uncontrolled spark here. A trip there. Maybe a flock of Harpies coming in from the west."

"Mother," a voice called out before its owner even stepped out of his portal. Seclevar approached the goddess before him, looking none too happy.

Before he could speak again, the orb Tecunte peered into turned into a golden apple and floated into her hand. She held up the other to silence him. "Down."

Seclevar let out a grunt. "Come on, I just..."

Tectunte shook her head. "You come into my realm, you show me respect... or you leave." She took a bite of the apple, a small stream of juice running down her chin.

Her son sighed and knelt down, bowing his head. "You're a pain in the ass, you know that?" he mumbled.

"Considering my line of work, I'll take that as a compliment." The chaos deity made a shooing motion. "Now leave."

Seclevar climbed to his feet with a stomp. "I need to talk to you about your recent activities!"

"I know. That's why I want you to leave." Tecunte took another bite. "The last thing I need is the God of Mischief lecturing me about being mischievous."

"You call what you're doing mischief?" Seclevar scoffed. "When I do it, people don't get hurt!" After a moment, he waved his hand dismissively. "Most of the time, they don't get hurt. But I don't kill people."

"That is because there is a difference between simple mischief and chaos." His mother leaned back in her chair, obviously not taking him serious.

He ran his hand through his hair, rubbing the dog ears he decided to have today in annoyance. "You are how old? Have been doing this how long? Do I, the child, have to remind you, the parent, how to properly do their job?"

Tecunte groaned. "Not the damn balance speech again..."

"I wouldn't bring it up if you didn't so blatantly ignore it!" Seclevar demanded. "Light and dark, good and evil, life and death, and yes, chaos and harmony. They all need to stay in balance to maintain the stability..."

"...of the world," Tecunte finished in a bored voice. "Too much discord makes the world fall apart, while too much harmony begets the hardships that lead to understanding, change, and evolution. This is why blah is so important, and must be blahed, and blah the blah blahblah blah... um... oh right, blah."

The younger deity rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Why... are you doing this to them anyway? What does one small organization..."

"What do the other gods want with them?" Tecunte interjected, tossing the apple to the side half eaten. "Why are so many of our kind worried about them? Why is mister high and mighty himself been known to go there in person? I can't ask. So... I rattle the cage until something happens that tells me..."

"But you are going too far," the Mischief God said as calm a voice as he could muster. "Your job is to influence. To set things in motion. You know, to whisper in people's ears. You're not supposed to resurrect vengeful phantoms..."

"It was his house anyway," Tecunte mumbled.

"...lure in people to make zombie hordes..."

"I thought I was helping but holding the undead back until people got half way into the mine."

"...or move a plethora of dire wolves or basilisks somewhere that put entire villages in danger!"

"Mama Basi didn't even notice a few dozen of her kids missing..." Tecunte drummed her fingers against her leg, clearly getting annoyed.

"Gods, if Susho'seras knew how much you were..."

"She'd what?!" Tecunte jumped to her feet. The pressure she exuded from anger and frustration was so great, even a God like her son felt like he weighed five times as much. "She will do nothing! Nor will Mevah or Taydar! Nor even will the almighty Jerin'dek and Xia'tar themselves!" She took a deep breath, needing a moment to calm herself. She reached into her cleavage, pulling out a small vial filled with a viscous red liquid. "And if they try something, I have the power now... remember?"

Seclevar kept his head turned down, mumbling, "How do you even know that works?"

Tecunte held out her hand. With a flick of the wrist, she produced a dagger, and she lightly tapped the blade against the vial. "If you're ready to turn on me... perhaps it is time to test it out... hmm?"

Seclevar slowly shook his head. "I would be in just as much trouble as you, so why would I say anything?"

Tecunte smiled and nodded, tossing the weapon behind her and putting the vial away. "There's a good boy." She walked over to him, kneeling down and frowning. "Come on... why the long face?"

"Tch... you ignore all my warnings and threaten me..." Seclevar gave her a dirty look. "Soooo sorry if I'm not smiling ear to ear."

"Oh, come now. Don't be like that. You know how I am." His mother moved behind him and placed her chin on his shoulder. "Why not try to have some fun with them yourself? I know how much you love picking on Thropes, and they got quite a few new ones. A wolf, a snow leopard..." She giggled. "A duck."

"A duck?" Seclevar perked up a bit. "As what? A... witch? A maid?"

The discord goddess laughed. "As a Hunter. Sword wielder too. She is so cute when she tries to cut at that dummy. Think of all the fun you could have."

Seclevar stepped away and looked back. "You're just trying to pull me in deeper."

Tecunte returned to her comfy little throne and sat down. "I'm just doing my job. Remember? Whispering in ears and all that."

Her son thought about it, and shrugged. "I'll think about it." With that, he opened his portal and walked off.

Tecunte sighed contently. "Oh... so much to do. No time to rest. I have some cultist to annoy. Some bandits that need some birdies. And I really should check on that monkey, and see to that little war." She looked to where her son had been standing and let out a huff. "Maybe a little more subtlety wouldn't hurt..."

ExoGrim

Black0ut and ExoGrim: Dinner Debacles

The evening sky casted a dark tone into the dining room, making the room seem more melancholic as it’s current sole resident had managed to scare off the other Hunters, and when darkness fell, his fake eye glowed and shot out a beam of light, adding a foreboding and malevolent aura to the Light Elf. He wore simple leather armor, forgoing his usual leisurely attire in lieu of his new armor and, subse

Zulik came down the end of the hallway. He was checking his gauntlet to make sure it hadn’t been strained by the constraint training. He wanted to continue his practice, but it was getting late. Luckily, the gauntlet was unscratched, though the same couldn’t have been said about his left arm. The practice had left several bruise on it, many still sore from the physical strain. Zulik noticed Jay alone in the dining room. “Jay, can we talk for a moment?” The corrupted elf asked, trying to get his attention.

The beam of light slowly swiveled until it pointed at Zulik. “What is their to talk about, Elf? You’ve already made it abundantly clear you hate me, and I do not wish to repeat our last duel.” The Light Elf practically spat vehemently, several orbs of light appearing just in case he tried anything.

Zulik looked at the mage. “I came to apologize for what I did. I was being rash and my actions were uncalled for.”

Some of the orbs dissipated, but the eye’s beam grew brighter. “And had someone not found me I’d be dead where you incinerated me… I have scars from that now, permanent reminders to show that your kind hates me still.”

“And if I knew that Elves and Light Elves weren’t on the same footing… I would’ve been careful about my words and my actions.” Zulik said, a drop of sweat slowly going moving down his forehead.

“But that’s in the past. We’re in the present. How do you plan to ease our already hostile tensions?” Jay asked, his eye growing ever brighter, effectively illuminating the room.

Realizing that there was no way out of this, Zulik merely got down on one knee and lowered his head. “If you’re going to kill me… just get it over with.”

“Why would I kill you? I don’t strike first unless provoked and you haven’t done anything remotely cruel or provoking.” Jay paused, and looked up, noting the orbs and realized why Zulik thought he was in danger. “Oh. Well, this is awkward… my orbs form whenever I’m stressed or if I’m feeling a strong emotion. Consider it a side effect of never being formally trained by another mage.” The eye’s intensity dimmed, and Jay stood and proceeded to walk over to Zulik, looking down at him with a mixture of shock, anger, and mild horror.

“Then perhaps I can teach you.” The priest offered. “I have the training and the patience, so I could possibly help you learn to control your magic.”

The Light Elf merely stared at the Elf, the light orbs disappearing as his eye grew brighter once more. “Eventually… maybe. Right now? No. You haven’t earned enough of my trust to even offer something like that. So, what else are you going to offer?”

“Unfortunately, that is all I can offer.” Zulik answered. “I am of little possessions and you seek none of my teachings… so I am at a lost.”

“Then how about ya stop talking like a priest for starters? That gets annoying pretty quickly if you do it all the time, and yes, I know you were a priest of Nemesis. Surprising, I know... I do my homework on people. So, can you drop the pleasantries and talk to me like a real person instead of a half-baked priest?” Jay responded, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow.

Zulik sighed. “Be a dick about it why don’t ya… Fine, I’ll try to make a bit more informal.”

“Says the one who cooked me alive and left me for dead.” Jay shot back, his eye glowing ever brighter, “And let’s not forget, inquiring about me from my friends instead of manning up and asking me directly.”

“Dammit Titania…” The priest muttered under his breath, before standing back up. “I’m not one for getting into fights that I can’t win… nor getting in trouble for unnecessary brawls. Still sorry about that, by the way… I went a bit overboard from the stress and adrenaline.”

“I’m not over the fact that you cooked me alive. A part of me wants to destroy you right here, right now for that. But I know that killing you will make me lose many of the people I care about and that’ll hurt more than anything else you could possibly do. So for now, I’m going to enjoy my petty insults and rude comments that I give you, and eventually, who knows, maybe you and I will be friends.” Jay started, a grimace on his face. “Ugh… that word tastes like poison when it’s directed at you. Anyways… maybe just talk to me normally, instead of the devout guy speech everyone knows?”

Zulik chuckled. “You know, if you really need a good poison, I hear Arlia has some nasty ones at her disposal… try talking to her when she gets back from the mission. And, like I said before, the ‘devout guy’ speech you’ve mentioned is second nature to me, but I am willing to try to avoid using it just for you.”

Jay scanned his nemesis’ face and judged him to be telling the truth. “Fine. Thanks… I guess. So now that we’ve had this talk, are you going to light me on fire again? Maybe use subterfuge to learn about my weaknesses? What’s next, besides a peaceful resolution where you and I don’t hate each other?”

Zulik let out another chuckle. “Burning you alive again wouldn’t help my case much… and Subterfuge wouldn’t help me either as you already know my greatest weakness. So I don’t see any other option than try and get along.”

“Well, we could officially hold a duel, but I don’t think killing each other is the wisest option. So… how about you go and I stay here, where you won't be in the foreseeable future?”

“Except I came here originally to get some food…” The corrupted elf answered. “Which is something I haven’t gotten yet.”

“Then get it and leave.” Jay said impatiently, not in the mood to deal with Zulik any longer.

Zulik sighed as he went and prepared a small meal to take with him back to the training area. “Until we meet again.”

Jay nodded, not trusting himself enough to speak. Once Zulik had left, Jay crumpled into a chair. “Gods… That went as horribly as I expected it to… baby steps. I still have to become more open to Humans and Elves… this hopefully will be easier.”

ExoGrim

ZombieSplitter53 and ExoGrim: The Princess's Fate

Arlia made her way to Lady Havenbrook's office, trying her best to remain calm. Since Ranseca had accidentally blurted our her real identity, she had expecting to be sent back home and forced to either find a new guild or attempt to reintegrate into noble life. Granted, she was hoping that Wilhelmina would be willing to keep her, despite the large bounty that now lay on the assassin's head.

When she arrived, the door was already ajar. It was opened fully by Eraqus, who beckoned her inside. Mina sat at her desk, looking over some paperwork, a small pair of reading glasses on her face. "Hello, Ms. Stormrend. Good work on the mission. Eraqus said you more then pulled your weight."

"I see he already informed you then..." The Princess responded as she entered the room. "I must ask, what is your plan with me? Do you intend on sending me back home?"

"Well, of course." Mina put her glasses to the side, giving Arlia a sly grin. "Do you have any idea how much the bounty is for you?" Behind Arlia, Eraqus shut and locked the door.

"I had my suspicions, but I never took the time to look it up myself." She responded. "Though, I was hoping you would be willing to talk things out."

"Oh?" Mina folded her arms. "I'm listening. Tell me why it would be more profitable to not turn you in."

Arlia cleared her throat, a smug grin on her face. "What do you think will happen to your reputation is people were to find out that you gave up one of your hunters for a mere bounty? This is an excepting Guild, is it not?"

Mina's eyes turned dark. "Who said anyone would find out that's why you went? You've gotten better, but you started out here quite violently. Perhaps you and Eraqus had a disagreement. Maybe you had to be ejected violently."

"Yes, that is true." Arlia admitted. "But that doesn't escape the one problem with just sending me back... even if I cooperated, I would merely run again. Your time would be wasted."

Mina laughed. "Would that be my problem after I get my bounty? Besides... I could always make sure they had the means to keep you around for a while." Mina slowly stood up. "The bounty said nothing about the condition you would have to be in when we turn you over. So... are you going to come quietly... or are you going to get hurt?"

Arlia looked sharply at the Guild Leader. "Did you even need to ask... you already know the answer."

Mina smiled. She chuckled, then laughed loudly, sitting down and wiping a tear from her eye. "Oh... that's great."

Arlia tilted her head in confusion. "What's going on?"

Mina placed her hand against her chest. "Arlia... I'm shocked. Did you really think I'd turn you in like that?"

Eraqus blinked a few times. "So... we're not?" he asked, evidently not having been on the joke either.

Arlia sighed in relief as she collapsed into the chair behind her. "Glad you have more for faith in me than Eraqus does... though I do want to know why you're choosing to keep me... when the Guild could use the money."

Mina started to speak, but Eraqus quickly stepped forward. "H-hey, I... have faith. I was just... following orders. I didn't want to... I am always pleased... I didn't want this." He shot Mina a dirty look for making him look bad.

"Again, I would like to know why..." Arlia ignored the Elf's interruption. "You could've easily funded your entire guild just by turning me in... so why didn't you?"

Mina folded her arms. "You know... I've been wondering why I kept you around ever since I started to suspect you were who you are."

Eraqus raised an eyebrow. "What? How long have you...?"

"A while." Mina shrugged her shoulders. "I surprised you didn't figure it out yourself. I mean, she just happened to have the same name as the Princess of Stormrend and come from the area as an assassin from the military? As soon as I learned her name, realized where she came from, and noted how nervous she was, as though always afraid someone was out to get her..." She leaned forward. "Honestly, why didn't you choose a fake name? Seems like an oversight to me."

"It was a bit of hindsight." Arlia replied honestly. "That and I didn't want to risk forgetting my own name... should I stay in secret my whole life."

"I would hope not." Mina took a deep breath. "The truth is, I could make quite a bit by turning you in, but you're skilled, and I believe you'll make more for us as a Hunter then a bounty. Besides, you obviously came here for help. It isn't like you've done anything wicked and belong in a prison. What kind of person would I be if I turned you away in your time of need? Trust me... you're not the only one here for reasons they don't want to discuss."

Arlia smiled, a tear leaving her eye. "Thank you... it means a lot that you're willing to keep me here."

"Of course. But now that I that I do know, I hope you'll tell me why you ran off." Mina shook her head. "Bounty doesn't exactly include that."

"I did what I had to when the war came..." Arlia explained solemnly. "I couldn't just sit by and watch people die for me. I had to do something for my people... even if it meant dying for them."

"And when the fighting was over... why not go back home? Surely, there was some good you could do as a princess with the knowledge you obtained."

"Not after what happened at Sandā." Arlia lowered her graze, trying her best not to cry. "Not after that."

Mina gave her a sad look. "I'm sorry. I take it that was a friend you lost?"

"More than that... it was the outpost I was stationed in." Arlia wiped the tears away. "One of our soldiers let in a raiding team... they killed everyone."

"So is it building the strength needed to take revenge you seek?" Mina asked.

"Though my ultimate goal is to protect the innocent..." Arlia's tone become more fierce. "I will not rest until Malder's blood soaks into the very dirt beneath him."

Mina nodded. "I know something about revenge. At any rate, you're welcome to stay here as long as you want... and you continue to work, of course." She chuckled. "I just hope this doesn't back fire if they find you here."

"I was able to keep a identity secret in the military, I'm sure I can keep it a secret here." The princess responded with determination.

"Unless a certain goddess with a big mouth let's her tongue slip again," Mina said with a laugh. "Alright, you're free to go. Just keep up the good work, and stay out of trouble."

Arlia stood up and bowed formally. "Right, thank you again for understanding."

Mina bowed her head. "Of course."

As Arlia stepped out and walked down the hall, Eraqus came after her. "Hey, can I have a second?"

"Yes?" Arlia raised on eyebrow at the Elf hunter.

"Listen, I'm sorry about back there... and what I pulled in the woods. I... got you this as an apology." Eraqus handed her a vial of violet liquid. "Had to pull a favor from Starstorm to get her to let that up. It's toxin from the Basilisks. I'm sure a woman of your talents can put it to use."

Arlia smirked as she took the vial. "Thank you, sir. I'll make good use of it."

Eraqus nodded, and walked off without another word, leaving the assassin to ponder the latest developments.

Arlia sighed. Not going to stay long enough to talk, huh? Oh well. She shrugged as she made her way to the dining room, hoping to get some food and rest.

Dahlexpert

Home coming

Outside Mirandia

Feb 23 3349

12:00 pm

After several days on the road, and helping anyone that was down on their luck along the way. Charter final made it to the capital of Mirandia, the sight of its walls around the city was amazing the capital itself was on top of a hill. The city itself was formally a fortress over 300 years ago, but over years the many races turned it into a marvelous wonder with many districts surrounding the city. Charter sighed at the city and petted his friend. “Welcome home buddy, it’s been to long come on.” Charter lightly kicked Slone side Slone started to walk forward towards the gates.

Once at the gates Charter and Slone were stopped by a group of guards. “Hold citizen, we can’t let you in.”

Charter wrapped around his neck and removed his neckless.” Do you know what this is, this is a crests that symbolizes that I’m with the Iron legion. And this wolf is also a part of the Legion.”

“Its fine guards, he can go inside. After all he needs to see our father and the rest of us again.” The guard in question was a few inches shorter then Charter with a red Mohawk and a few scars across his left Eye. “Hum Charter it’s been too long.” The man extended his hand to Charter.

Charter shook the man’s hand and hugged him. “That it has Adam, I see that you have gotten bigger and I have to say. Legion colors looks good on you, how has the last nine years been since I have been goon?”

Adam shrugged his shoulders. “Quiet as usual nothing happening, me keeping guards busy with patrols. I’ve been extending my men to some of the local towns and villages, the monster attacks seem to be getting worse over the years and innocent people can’t defend themselves we have also gotten a population boost as well most people that get attacked look for a place of security to stay in. And with the walls here and the Iron legion, they feel protected. Ah but enough of that.” Adam hugged his brother. “Welcome home brother!” Slone also stood on his back legs and hugged Adam. “Hay Slone, and you’ve gotten big I remember you being near my waist now your towering over me.

Slone started to lick Adam and started to howl out of happiness. “Alright altight come on boy, don’t want to drown him in your drool now do you?”

“Aw its fine bro Come on, I’m sure Elma would be happy to see you after all she was a little kid when you last saw her.”

“Yea it would be nice to see her after all these years, how has her magic come along? I would imagine she has come a long way.”

“Yea you have no idea, she came a very long way. Come on I’ll show you.

As Charter and Adam made their way through the city, Charter looked around and noticed that there were a lot of new shops around the city. “Huh I see the city has changed a bit, a new blacksmith shop, Alchemy store traders hell I see that there’s even a new inn.”

“Yea that’s what happens in nine years, also with more people coming in they needed jobs and a place to stay always helps.”

“In dead it does.” Charter looked down one of the roads and sees the chapels, He thought to himself that it’s been a long time since he’s been in a church.” A new chapel I see, I take it brother Cronin is still in charge of it?”

“Not that one no, he takes care of the main church up the hill up there which is where we are going. Elma spends more time in mages castle now, you know the place where all the magic users live.”

“I think the name explains its self-brother, I would imagine with us opening our doors for refuges we have gotten a few spell users?”

“Ou yea, anyway come on its right up this hill.” As Charter and his brother made their way up a hill which felt more like climbing a mountain, once they reached the top Charter finally got a good look at the Mages School. The school itself looked like a fortress, it was filled with dorms large plains of grass and many other buildings.” This place is like a whole town itself.”

“Yea, that’s why its own separate distract. Anyway getting to the main hall is a real pain think we can ride on Slone?”

Charter looked at Slone and back at his brother. “I can ride him but you will have to walk.” Charter smiling at his brother while saying that.

“I hate you so much, aw I’m kidding anyway the stable for this place should be nearby. You go to the main hall I will catch up. IT’s that big building right in the center alright?”

“Got it thanks man, it’s going to feel nice to see Elma again. Come on boy.” Charter lightly kicked Slone side and Slone prickly ran to the town hall, on the way there he can see there are people working on their spells out and the open and a few wondering eyes by some curious men wondering how is someone capable of riding a dire wolf, and woman wondering who the handsome man is. Charter finally made his way to the main hall, once off Slone he pointed to him.” Slone I’m gonna ask you to come in with me, for one I’m sure most of these people aren’t used to seeing a dire wolf and a white one at that two, I’m sure Elma would love to see you again after all you were no bigger than a regular dag back then.”

Slone yawned and made his way to the door opening it, once Slone was inside Charter immediately fallowed suite so no one would start screaming at a random dire wolf suddenly appearing. Once at the front desk Charter asked the woman. “Um excuse me I’m looking for someone?”

The woman in question was an Elf, who was reading a book at her desk once she put the book down and saw Slone she immediately jumped back from her desk. “P..Please don’t hurt me I… I did nothing to anyone.”

Charter got a confused look on his face and he turned to Slone, Slone for his part spun around a few times and layed down.

“Does that Explain what he’s going to do, look I’m looking for Elma Van Dam were would she be?”

“Elma hum let me think if it’s 1:35 now then she would be in the study hall right now which means she’s on the library.” The woman pointed the way to Charter.

“Thanks mam, Slone come on.” Slone stood up and fallowed Charter through the halls, after a few minutes Charter found a small sign that said library and entered. Before him was an amazing sight, a woman with black hair with the bottom of it dyed purple the woman was floating a few books around her. When the woman turned her head from her floating books she sees Charter the books suddenly went back and the woman ran to Charter and partly tackled him to the ground. “Charter! It’s really you, it’s been so long!”

Dahlexpert

Part 2

“Um hay there lady um do I know you? I think I would remember a woman like you.”

“Ou right when you last say me I was nine years old, it’s me Elma!”

Charter eyes widened, as he got a better look at the woman and trying his best not to go over her new adult body. He finally recognize his sister. “Elma wow you grew up, a lot actually.”

“That’s what happens when you gone for nine years, we got you letter a few weeks ago. I didn’t think you would visit immediately after the note.”

“I wasn’t but I had a mission a few days ago and I figured since I was in my home country might as well see my family.”

Elma finally got off her brother and helped him up.” So mr what have you bee-“Elma immediately saw a white dire wolf. “Solne! IT’s been so long.” Slone started to growl at the woman until he final licked her. “AW I missed you to buddy.”

“Heh guess he decided to forgive you after you shoved a syringe up his butt, when he was a puppy.”

“Well I’m glad he did, having an angry dire wolf on this campus would be very dangerous. It’s so good to see you again Charter.” Elma wrapped her arms around Charter again and hugged him lovingly.

Charter wraped his arms around his sister and kissed her head. “I missed you two more then you think, there is not a day that goes by that I wasn’t thinking about you and everyone else.”

“I’m glad to hear that.” Elma gasped “Does dad know your hear, if not we have to go and see him right now!”

“Whoa whoa, there now we have all day for that. Look I tell you what I want to see the rest of the city first, then I will come home for dinner but don’t tell our parents that I was here alright.”

“Ok Ou I can’t wait for our parents to see you again, I can’t wait to hear about all your adventures and good deeds.”

“Yea I will see you tonight OK.” As charter left the library he immediately thought about Esmeralda. “Humm since I’m here I might as well by her some books for here, I’m sure she would love some books from Miridia I can look around town later for now I better prepare myself for tonight.”

A few miles outside the capital of Miridia

Feb 23 3040

8:34PM

Inside the Van Dam mansion the servants prepare diner for the family. “Thank you Lisa this looks fantastic, once again thank you for helping me make dinner.”

The servant bowed her head. “Thank you miss Eleonore it’s always a pleasure to help you out.”

The main door opened and Adam and Elma entered the mansion, with Elma shouting.” Hi mom, how was the store today did you sell a lot of positions today?”

“Of course a lot of injured coming through lately, I also have shipments to send out to the other kingdoms as well and get a few more ingredients. How was your too days?”

The brother and sister looked at each other and looked back at their mom. And Adam spoke up and said.” Ou we have a surprise for you, but first um mom I have a friend coming over think we can make an extra plate?”

“That’s a little last minute but sure why not, Elma go get your father.”

“Yes mam.” Elma made her way up the stairs and peeked inside her father’s quarters.”

The man himself was going over patrols and were to send his men across the city. “Yes Elma can I help you?”

“Um dinner is ready, think you can come down?”

The man sighed and put his papers down, and head towards the door and to the table.

Outside the mansion both Charter and Slone looked at their home. “Ugh well home sweet home, it really has been too long. Well you ready Slone?” Slone licked his masers hand. “Alright then let’s get this over with.” Charter knocked on the door and raing the doorbell.

“Now who could that be at this hour? Charles, would you mind getting the door.”

“Of course sir.” As the butler open the door he was shocked to see who the person was.

“Hay Charles, it…. It’s been a while.”

“Master Charter!” Charles hugged charter and smiled at him. “It’s been so long, and Slone I see your master has taken very good care of you and kept you well fed.” Slone howled at the kind words.”

“Charles is everything alright? Is there some at the door?”

Charles gestured for Charter to come into the house. “Mister and misses we do have a guess, and I think you will be very pleased to see who It is.”

Charter walked up to the main dining area and waved his hands. “Um high family it’s ugh it’s been a while.”

Eleonore stood up tears running down her face as she runs to her oldest son. “Charter! My little by is home, your finally home let me look at you.” Eleonore looked at Charters face and turned it side to side. “Your just as hansom as I remember you, Mustang Look your son is.”

“I see him.” The man stood up and walked up to his son and patted his shoulders “Welcome home Son.”

“Yea it’s good being back.”

ExoGrim

ZombieSplitter53 and ExoGrim: To Strengthen One's Arms

Edminfar pound his oversized hammer against the beastly sword, wiping sweat from his furry head as the molten hot steel was smashed into place. At his age, he had clearly began to slow down, but the skill was still there. Because of that, many were willing to wait a bit longer if it meant Ed himself worked on their weapon, and he planned on this sword being a beauty.

Zulik walked in into the armory, noticing the netzi blacksmith working on the sword in front of him. Since the priest respected the man, he merely waited for Ed to finish his work before approaching. Out of his new found habit, Zulik adjusted his wrist... though it was getting better thanks to Erin's potion.

After a bit, Ed laid down his hammer, not because he was done but because he needed a break. He noticed the Elf as he was walking over to a special magical cold box. "Hey, Corrupted guy. What can I do for you today?"

"I just came in for maintenance." The "corrupted guy" answered.

"Alright, let me see what we have." Ed took a drink from an old, beat up tin and put it back in the box, where it had to remain less the heat of the room threaten to boil the water within. He hobbled over to a table and sat in a chair with a groan. Putting on a small pair of spectacles, he said, "I envy you Elves and your long lives... and lengthy youth."

"Unfortunately, we are not as durable as other races." Zulik reminded the blacksmith. "We fall easily to punishment."

"You're not the best example of that, considering what you have been through and survived." Ed adjusted his glasses and looked over the gauntlet. "Hmm..."

"Admittedly, I am more durable than most of my race... but it has come at a cost." Zulik told Ed.

"Indeed." Edminfar smiled. "Good news. No need to pour molten metal on you again."

The priest let out a sigh of relief. "That helps... makes it a lot less painful."

Ed grabbed a few tools from his belt and laid them on the desk. "I'd like to see what I can do to improve on it, and make it more durable. I... how are you dealing with the weight as of now?"

"It's been putting some strain on the arm, but that's to a potion given to me by Erin... it's been getting better." Zulik answered.

"Good, good..." Ed tinkered with it for a minute in silence. Finally, he said, "I have a few ideas. The outer layer... you know, the part not grafted to your flesh... can be systematically be replaced with stronger material. However, it... wouldn't be cheap."

"I haven't spent much... so I should be able to pay." After Ed finished the basic repairs, Zulik adjusted his arm slightly. "How much were you thinking exactly."

"Well... I can reinforce sections of the armor on it with mythril. Mythril is expensive though. I can probably get enough to help you significantly for... ten GP."

"You have yourself a deal." The corrupted elf smiled as he placed the money on the table. "When can we get it installed?"

"Got to admire a man willing to pay so much for a weapon. Though it is arm of course." Edminfar took the money and looked up at Zulik. "I'm short on mythril. It's not cheap, as I said. Though I have a good supplier who owns a mine in Virando. We can start as soon as it comes in."

"Thanks for letting me know." Zulik stretched a little as he answered. "Let's hope they get here soon... this is going to be interesting."

"Need it for something specific?" Ed asked as he put his tools away. "Or just preparing for the unforeseeable future?"

Zulik chuckled. "The future is something you have to prepare for at all times... it will kill you otherwise."

Ed jumped off his chair and floated to the side and grabbed a curved sword and a staff. "Before you go, can I trouble you to deliver this to one of your fellow Hunters?"

"What would be the trouble in a simple errand?" Zulik grabbed the sword. "Just tell me where and I'll have it delivered."

"Second floor, east wing. Fifth door on the right." Ed walked back towards the sword he had been working on. "Tell 'em it is good as new."

Zulik nodded and waved the old man goodbye. He followed the Netzi's instructions down the hall and looked at the door in question. He cleared his throat before he knocked on the door.

When the door opened, a familiar but unexpected face greeted him. Bat Thrope Dorothée Arnauld greeted him with a curious look. "Mr. Maverin? What can I do for you?"

"Oh, Bea... Edminfar wanted me to give this to you." The corrupted Elf handed her the curved blade and the staff. "He wanted to let you know that there as good as new."

"This is excellent news." Bea took them and swiped the sword a few times. She then smoothly unfolded the staff and attached the blade to make her scythe. "After what happened, I feared it was too far gone to be repaired. Much like... I was sure I was." She gave the weapon a melancholy stare for a moment before saying, "I never... properly thanked you."

"I'm not the one you should be thanking..." Zulik replied. "If Nemesis didn't show up... none of us would've made it out of there alive."

"Perhaps. But she is a goddess who faced no danger. You, Zulik, faced danger. What if she didn't show up? Then you would have wasted your time praying instead of running. I told you to run. But when you were faced with danger, you did not grab the girl and leave your two injured comrades behind." Bea smiled. "Would you have attempted to fight had your goddess not appeared? Or would you have chosen that moment to flee?"

"With Arlia injured and having been cornered in that cave we hid in..." Zulik looked at the Thrope determinedly. "I would've fought... if it meant saving a life and getting the job done."

Bea placed the scythe to the side. She placed her fist over her heart and bowed her head. "Then I am truly in your debt, and will do everything I can to return your kindness in full."

Zulik couldn't help but chuckle. "It's moments like this where I think I'm being too kind... but, you shouldn't stress over trying to repay me. Your appreciation is enough for me."

"It is not, though." Bea stood up straight and gave him a serious look. "In my home country, honor is very important, as is repaying your debts. I may have fled my home, but I still respect these traditions, and I would be dishonored if I did not attempt to pay back the one would saved my life."

"Tradition is an important part of life." The priest agreed. "So I guess there's no getting out of this is there... what did you have planned to repay such a deed?"

Bea shrugged. "That is not for me to know. If and when the opportunity arises, I shall capitalize on it. Unless, of course, you have something in mind. I will do anything you wish."

"Not anything I can think of for the moment, but I'm sure something will happen." Zulik patted her on the head. "Fate has it's ways of making possibilities."

"That is does." Bea took hold of her weapon once more and walked into her room. "Thank you again. I hope to see a lot of you soon, good sir."

"The same can be said about you." The Elf replied, waving as she shut the door. He made his way to his own room, hoping to take a short nap before getting back to training.