Demon Society

New Mission: Same Situation

ExoGrim as Jack and Gemma

Smallelvenprince as Fiori

Jack walked into the facility that Blue was using for her apparitions, Gemma close behind him, “This is the place. I think it’ll do fine, since no one knows we’re working here.”

“That’s not the point, Jack,” Gemma explained, “It’s not that they don’t no, it’s that they won’t care. It’s a basic idea for making a hideout.”

The two didn’t notice a small fae woman coming up behind them, “Are you two Jack and Gemma?” She asked, looking almost straight up at the two due to her height, or rather lackthereof.

“That would be us,” Gemma replied, “What brings you here? The same reason as us? Or other intentions?”

“I heard you two were on the hunt for a man named Dervish, correct me if I’m wrong.” She replied, “I may be able to help in your endeavor, should you let me. The name is Fiori, by the way.” She said as she extended a hand to shake.

“So you’re one of the others that Blue got on the job,” Jack remarked, shaking her hand, “Pleasure to work with you.”

“And same to you.” Fiori said with a smile.

“May I ask what you know of Dervish and Mandane?” Gemma inquired.

“Dervish I know is a headhunter and a danger to anyone he runs into, Mandane is a new name I’ve been trying to figure out, though. You got anything?” Fiori explained.

“Damn,” Jack muttered, “I don’t much on him myself, which is what worries me,” He put a hand on the stone he put on a necklace, the stone that was all that was left of Shade, “But no matter what happens, he will die.”

“She was important to you, wasn’t she?” Fiori asked, a sympathetic tone in her voice.

“Yes she was,” Jack replied solemnly, “She was the love of my life.”

“My condolences, it was very hard on you…” Fiori would have placed a hand on Jack’s shoulder, but alas, she could not reach.

“Hey Jack, do you know was that is over there,” Gemma asked, pointing at a strange computer console.

Jack looked at it in awe, “How the hell did Blue get her hands on a Master Terminal?”

“I would ask if you think we should check it out, but I already know the answer, which is yes we probably should.” Fiori said, fiddling with the end of her long braid.

Gemma was the first to touch the computer, “Help, this is a Master Terminal alright… the question is how did that little godling get her hands on it?”

“Who knows, may have had it stashed away somewhere, or pulled some strings to get it. If she were here, I could probably get her to tell you… or let you know if she were lying.” Fiori said matter-of-factly, flittering up to about Gemma’s height to see better.

“Well first off, we need to see if it works,” Jack explained, “Fire it up Gemma.”

“Already on it,” Gemma replied as he pushed the power button.

As it powered up, Fiori watched it carefully, having never seen a Master Terminal before so she didn’t necessarily know how it worked.

The Master Terminal booted up without issue. Gemma immediately punched in a bunch of numbers in the CPU. It processed for a moment, then all the security cameras for the Demon Society HQ filled the screen, “It works alright.” Gemma remarked.

“Impressive…” Fiori breathed, essentially speechless.

“It’s only the third Master Terminal I’ve had to use,” Gemma said, turning it back off, “This one seems to be one of the older models though… shouldn’t be that big of a problem.”

“You’re sure? Even the oldest of things can still cause trouble.” Fiori pointed out cautiously.

“Trust me when I say that Gemma knows what he’s doing,” Jack reassured, “Plus, I’m here to help as well, so don’t expect much problems from using the Terminal, okay?”

“Alright, fair enough. I trust you.”

“Good, now we just wait for the others,” Jack said, grabbing a chair and pulling out a can of soda.

The small faerie settled next to Jack, giving him a small hug. She could tell his soul lacked hugs.

ExoGrim

A Second Look: The Real Killer

ExoGrim as Gemma

Black0ut as Blue and Henry

Gemma finished his examinations for the day and headed off to his house. With the time difference, he was still getting use to being sleepy all the time. He yawned as he walked down the dark alley. Who knew that Jack would have to help Diablo for once. It’ll help his self esteem though.

Gemma then bumped into something,shadows swirling around the human-sized object.

“Who’s there?” Gemma exclaimed, “Show yourself!”

The shadows seemed to mold into robes, a hood masking the figure’s face. “Why?” A deep and menacing voice asked.

“Because if you don’t, I’ll have to at least try and kill you,” Gemma said bluntly.

The figure seemed to stare at him for a moment, before laughing. “Really? You? Let me tell you what I am: an immortal being of immeasurable power. Well, not so much when compared to other beings of the same calibre. But,” The figure said, two tornados composed of water and wind, appeared in front and behind Gemma . “I do welcome you to try.”

“Then we hide your face?” Gemma challenged, “If you’re as powerful as you say, then there would be no point in shamefully keeping your face away from your victim.”

“Who says I'll victimize you?” The figure replied, yawning slightly. “I have no intention in killing you. I'm merely defending myself.”

“May I ask your name then, Miss?”

“Why would I tell you? You've been a colossal ass to me.”

“I’ve just been using counter-logic,” Gemma replied, “But, since you won’t tell me, I’ll tell you my name. I’m Gemma, member of the Demon Society and Jack the Ripper’s right hand man.”

The figure giggled, an odd sound given the deep voice. “Oh? Are you sure you're his hand, and not his consort?”

“It may feel like that at times,” Gemma said, “But after all he’s done for his friends and the humans, he deserves some credit… especially after the death of Shade.” He quietly muttered the last part.

The figure’s mirth immediately disappeared, as a giant scythe appeared in its hands. “And who is that, if I may ask? You've piqued my interest, Gemma.”

“Shade, she was the woman that Jack loved, even before he entered the criminal world,” Gemma said solemnly.

“I see. And how do you know her, if Jack the Ripper was dating her?”

“I met her a few times,” Gemma replied, “But she and Jack never actually dated, per say. But it was obvious that they loved one another, even when he was dating Bloody Mary.”

The figure’s hood disappeared, allowing a beautiful face to show. “Bloody M? That's interesting…” She responded, her angelic features not quite matching her words. She looked at the man with interest, “You're pretty cute…”

“Now that you’re calm, let’s try this again, May I asked your name, Miss?”

“You forget what your position in this scenario is, Gemmy. I hold all the strings. Now, why do you want to know my name? Names are powerful things that no-one should ever know.”

“Because, if I’m not mistaken, I only have a few hours or so before a giant archangel in hulking armor comes and tries to kill me.”

“Oh? So you do recognise me! I was wondering when it might click.” Blue said casually, a smile on her face.

“And I’m guessing you’re looking for me,” Gemma stated, “Since Jack refuses to work without me.”

“Right again, Gemmy. Jack wanted you, so I'm here to collect you.” Blue answered.

Gemma took out his needle and put it in his mouth, “Could you refrain from calling me ‘cutey?’”

“Oh! Um… s-sorry. Jack said I should talk to you like this, but if you want me to stop…” Blue’s face flushed red, her faux confidence fading away.

“Funny, Jack knows that I don’t like that kind of talk,” Gemma examined, “It sounds more like you like me.”

“Well, he said to for me to be confident, and to be flirty! He said so with a smile, so I-I don't know?” Blue squeaked nervously, the tornadoes fading away, as she sank to her knees.

“No need to lose that confidence,” Gemma said, “I actually like it better when you were like that.”

“W-well, I'm not very confident, unless I'm fighting, so…” Blue trailed off, as she kept her head down.

Gemma looked up, as if he lost interest. Then his needle extended from his mouth to the throat of a sniper. The sniper fell as the needle retracted, cover in the man’s blood. Gemma cleaned off the needle and put it back into his mouth, “Demon Hunters these days…” He muttered.

Blue shrinked back, startled by the sudden attack. She eyed Gemma cautiously, before saying, “T-thank y-you.”

“What is there to thank me for?” Gemma asked, “He was after me, not you.”

She shook her head slowly, “Y-you’d be surprised… you don't know what I am do you?”

“Your a godling, aren’t you?”

“Something like that…” She murmured.

“Anyway, can you fill me in on this little group you’re making?” Gemma finally asked.

“Well, I was sent by the War Goddess to assist against the Seven Sins. I was allowed to recruit six people to oppose these seven. Shade was one of those people, codenamed Chastity.” Blue explained.

“So, you’re asking me to help stop the Sins of the Round Table.” Gemma said, offering Blue a hand, “Then we need to get to work than. I’ve already figured out where their hideout is.”

Blue accepted his hand, a slight blush spreading across her face. “T-thank you.”

A 7 foot man rounded the corner, wondering where his charge was. Upon seeing the two, Henry’s eyes seemed to glow with fire. “I'm going to enjoy taking your head…”

“Why is that?” Gemma inquired, “My family was against the war, and had no say in your love. Plus, we were discussing a mission that we’re going to do together. Nothing violent or sexual was planned in this conversation.”

Henry gritted his teeth, a scimitar in his left hand, and a spear in the other. “You have my charge on the ground, you're a Demon, and you associate with Jack. All reasons I'd punish. So, tell me, why should I refrain from hanging your corpse on my wall?” The angel’s armor appeared, masking his face with a golden helmet.

“You know… the more you use being a Demon as an excuse for killing, the more racist you sound,” Gemma retorted, “Plus, Jack had his reasons for what he did back then… and has tried his best to repent for his sins, so that’s out the window. As for her being on the ground, we were attacked by a Demon Hunter, I pushed her down to keep her from dying.”

The Angel peered behind the two, noting the corpse. “That only clears you of attempting to harm my charge, not of your association with Jack, nor with your demonic origins. I don't care if I'm labeled as a racist, as that ship sailed a long time ago. However, I'll let it slide for today, as you saved Blue from an assassin. You're better than that murderer, at least on first impression.”

Gemma pulled out a recorder, “What would you say if I told you that it wasn’t the Grand Elder and his Generals who authorized and committed your beloved’s death?”

“I would show you the heavens, if that were true.” The war angel sneered, pointing his weapons at the Demon.

Gemma played the device in his hand, “Mandane, I just found out that the archangel Henry is in the Demon Society HQ.” A voice rang from the recorder.

“Henry, you say,” Mandane’s voice admitted from the device, “Funny how easy it is to trick an Angel. He honestly thought that the Grand Elder was the reason his love was ended, never thinking that the man in front of him was the real killer. I guess the archangel suits him, always being the pawn in someone else’s game. Always in the darkness, refusing to see the light.”

ExoGrim

Part 2

A war cry erupted from the angel’s mouth, the sound being heard from miles away. The war angel’s armour turned red, an evident sign of rage. The war Angel stomped towards Gemma, dropping his spear, before lifting the demon by his shirt. “I… I… thank you.” The Angel then hugged Gemma, the vise-like hug nearly crushing him.

“Can’t breathe,” Gemma breathed as he tried to break the death hug.

Henry released the man quickly, a small cracking sound coming from Gemma. “Sorry. I occasionally forget my strength. You have gained a new ally, Gemma. And… perhaps later, a friend.”

“Well, I’ll leave you two to your business,” Gemma said as he readjusted his back, “I have to find Jack and lead him to our hideout for the mission.”

Henry stared at the man with a pensive look, “What mission? Diablo gave no such notification that requires angelic help.” Blue’s eyes seemed to plead with Gemma.

“Just something that came up, Blue wanted to help with a few minor jobs,” Gemma stated, covering Blue’s back, “We made a place for the group to hang out, and Jack doesn’t know about it yet… so I have to find him before he gets into any trouble.”

Henry’s armor faded away, as he stared at Gemma with a more stern look. “I'll trust you for now, but if she suffers any injury, I'll be forced to hunt you. Prove me right…” The war Angel said, walking away.

“Thanks for the save, Gemma. I think you earned his respect.” Blue whispered cheerfully, smiling at the taller man.

Gemma tossed a device to Henry, “That contains the location of Mandane’s hideout. If you want to avenge her, he usually leaves the door open,” Then he whisper to Blue, “Anything to keep you out of trouble.”

Henry looked as if he might cry tears of joy. “Thank you. Truly, you have my thanks.” He then disappeared around the alley’s corner, a grin on his face.

Blue looked at him curiously, “Why? You and I have only just met…”

“I’ve learned to always use your helping hand, even when you think you shouldn’t,” Gemma replied, continuing to walk off.

A Wrench in the Works

Frostlich1228 as Wisp

Smallelvenprince as Dollie

Dollie was sorting out various healing herbs and other such materials in the storage room, or rather one of many, when she failed to notice a someone behind her.

Ms. Dollie? Wisp said, floating slowly towards her.

Dollie slightly jumped, nearly dropping a bottle of aloe, “Wisp! I didn’t know you were there!” She giggled as she turned around, “What’s up?”

Well… The King in Yellow is making me a new friend! However, I mostly came to see what was ‘up’ with you.

“Not much, but what do you wanna know specifically?” She asked, sitting in front of the soul core.

Well… Wisp spun quickly, checking the area with his demon sense, I’ve noticed you spending quite a lot of time with the revenant… What is ‘up’ with that?

“Well… we’ve been, ‘seeing’ one another, so to speak. So, that’s why.”

Uh… Well I know… But… Why? Wisp reiterated.

“Because he’s kind, pretty cute, compassionate… and so on. Why the curiosity?”

What? Him? Don’t you remember what he said about you the day we met the elder?

“He apologized, and has since very much made up for it. I decided to accept the apology if you don’t remember.” Dollie said, crossing her arms and pouting a bit like a child.

Ms. Dollie… I came here because of him actually… Wisp stated, I believe his is manipulating you for his own gain.

“And what could that possibly be other than having me for being cute?”

I-I… I think he’s trying to turn you against me... The soul core explained.

“Relax, I’ve been in a similar situation you’re describing, I turned against no one no matter how close I was to either party… this happened several times, actually… but either way, in said situations, either I stay out of it or make my own, independent decision.”

But I still don’t think he’s good for you… Don’t you think it’s a little suspicious that he connected with you so quickly, directly after our fight over that book? Wisp asked.

“... What book?” Dollie asked, tilting her head.

The Grand Elder sent us on a mission to steal a powerful necromancy tome from a low level necromancer… he didn’t know how to use it, but a tome like that isn’t good to leave around in public… We took the book… But T.D. showed up, he said he didn’t trust me enough to let me have it, but I had my orders to bring it back, so I stayed firm… Eventually… It came to a fight… I wanted to stop… But he provoked me… Telling me he was going to come for you next… After I incapacitated him… He managed to teleport and snatch the tome from me… carrying it off…
Wisp recalled, his memory of the event still quite clear.

Dollie listened intently, then taking a breath and folding her hands together, “I will have a talk with him, will that help any? Oh, and if he doesn’t listen, don’t worry… there will be punishment involved. And not the fun kind.”

Telling him may not be smart… He could hurt you… or more likely, use his charisma to change the story around in his favor…

“Wisp, lemme tell you something. No one has enough charisma to fool me. I have dealt with it too many times, and even if he does change the story I can and will call him out on his bullshit. Not only that, but he knows better than to try and hurt me. Especially since I know each of his weak points after healing him that night.”

I believe that… After that night… He fully realized how powerful my magic is against him, so he decided to become close to the only one who could defeat me… You… Wisp explained his theory further, He did this, so if he needs to, he could turn the team against me… You are more likely to trust those who you are closest with and he already had a history with Winter… It would be the best play to put himself in a position of power in the team dynamic…

“I’m well aware of how this works, Wisp, this isn’t my first rodeo. I promise…”

I’m just worried Ms. Dollie… You mean a lot to me and I’m scared that he’ll trick you… The Core responded, moving closer.

“I’ll be alright, okay?” Dollie assured, smiling softly, “Don’t worry about me.”

I don’t know what I’m feeling or why… but… I want to protect you… I’m scared that you’ll be hurt… I dread the scenario where you become too injured and… I don’t get this… It shook back and forth in front of Dollie.

“It’s called worry, like before, remember? When you visited me in the infirmary?”

Right yes… But there is something else… A deeper connection? Oohh… I’m so confused! Is there something wrong with me?

“There’s nothing wrong with developing more than four emotions, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, not even the King in Yellow.” Dollie smiled, gently petting the middle of the soul core.

Be careful Ms. Dollie… You are more important to me than you, or even I, can truly know...

“I will be if you will. You’re just as important to me, okay?”

I… I Will…

Secret Distrust: Something’s Up

ExoGrim as Winter

Smallelvenprince as Dollie

Winter quickly finished her work and made her way to Dollie’s office. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door, “Hey Dollie, are you in there?”

“That I am, come on in!” Dollie chirped in response, finishing up watering her medical related plants.

“They weren’t joking when they said you were the only healer,” Winter remarked as she noticed that all the medical supplies were in the room.

“Well… yeah, most here are fighters. But, the good thing is I’m here now and whoever needs a cut healed or, ‘undesirable ailments’ cured, I’m here to do so!” Dollie smiled, turning to Winter, “What’s up?”

“I’d like to talk to you about Mathias.”

“What about him?”

“I think something’s up with him,” Winter said, “He’s been giving off a strange vibe that I don’t like… and I don’t trust him, no matter the Grand Elder says.”

Dollie sighed, “You, too…” She said softly, sitting on the patient couch and resting her head in her hand. “Wisp doesn’t trust him either, and I know there was tension between the two of them, but I didn’t know of something between you and him.”

“There’s nothing that I have against him,” Winter said, a bit defensively, “But, especially lately, He’s been acting strangely and often threatening people for what seems like no apparent reason. I’m just concerned for your safety.”

“Odd, I haven’t seen him do so… why do you think it may be?” Dollie inquired, scooting over a little so Winter could sit as well.

Winter sat down and explained, “I first noticed it when he provoked a fight with Gemma, but there was bits of it when I was in the crypt with him and Dervish, before I died. It also showed up a bit when he and Jack were fighting Henry. I’m not sure what went over him, but he looked as if he would kill without a second thought.”

Dollie bit her lip nervously, looking down at the floor, “I wonder…”

“Wonder what?”

“If… well, there’s a uh, ‘part’ of me that’s a bit like that… or at least that’s the best way I can describe that, and I’m wondering if it’s rubbed off on him…”

“So something similar to Demonic Rage?” Winter stated, “If that would be the case, I might’ve rubbed a bit on to you two as well…”

“Oh, no, probably not from you to me, mostly considering mine has been just… part of me all my life. It used to be much worse, too…” Dollie said almost regretfully, not looking up from the spot on the floor she was staring at.

“And you’re implying that mine is not?”

“Oh! No, I wasn’t trying to say that! I-I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay,” Winter said, “I’ve only lost it twice in my whole life. You’ve probably went off and on twenty-four-seven.”

“Y-yeah… I hardly know what event triggers it, which is kinda scary… The last time, I apparently saw some crime scene photos and went berzerk before Matthias calmed me down enough… also, apparently at some point in life I got bit by a vampire, but that’s unrelated.” Dollie shrugged at that last part, “Explains why I like my meat rare, I s’pose.”

“Now you’re just making things complicated,” Winter joked, “But enough about that, I have a question I’ve been needing to ask you.”

“Go on ahead.”

Winter started to blush, “Are you okay with me dating Nate?”

“I fail to see why I wouldn’t be okay with it. I think he needs someone like you to help him stay grounded, don’t want him to stay a hot air balloon in the air his whole life after all.” Dollie smiled acceptingly.

Winter nervously laughed, “Oh, I just wanted to make sure… oh! Look at the time! I have to go… bye~” Winter rushed out the door with surprising speed.

“... Bye?” Dollie responded, sitting confused.

Black0ut

The Cost of Life, and Everything in Between.

Black0ut as T.D./Matthias

Smallelvenprince as Dollie/Lydia

A yawn echoed throughout the Demon Society corridor, the normally quiet action enhanced by the undead’s mood. “I wish I could find his bourbon… Dia always hides them from me…” T.D. grumbled, scratching his non-existent hair. After a moment, he slumped down, his search for the mysterious alcohol on pause, as he rested for a moment.

Dollie came down the hall with a bottle of wine in hand, having been looking for the revenant. She remembered what his favoured kind was, luckily, and sat next to him upon seeing him. She smiled and offered the bottle to him, “Have this.”

The undead looked up, slight surprise on his skeletal features. “H-hey, Lydia. How did you…?” T.D. started, his surprise catching him a loss.

“How did I what? Know you needed a drink? Or how did I know where you were?” Dollie asked.

“How did you sneak up on me? That hasn’t happened to me in a century…” The undead replied, a rogue yawn overtaking him.

“I didn’t mean to, I think you’re just out of it is all, guessing from you yawning. I heard you a hall over.” Lydia giggled, leaning on Matthias.

“I was that loud…? I guess I have been a little distracted…” The undead said, his eyes turning a hot shade of pink, before he reached an arm up to hold her.

“What’s been so distracting?” The succubus asked in some concern, looking up at him.

“Well, Shade for one thing. Jack’s new concern over me for another. But, for the most part it’s Wisp. I feel like he’s out for my head, and yet, I don’t know why.” Matthias said, his voice seemingly reaching a sad tone.

“I think I know why… Wisp has been having a bit of a time with its emotions, and is still on about that fight you two had, but hopefully it should at some point stop holding a grudge over the event…” Dollie explained, then adding “I’ve been meaning to talk to you about it, anyway, so what exactly happened in the fight?” She asked, popping open the almost forgotten bottle of wine.

Matthias asked for a familiar blessing from the goddess of love, before, nearly instantaneously, turning human. “Well, I had been tasked to execute a dangerous necromancer, who held a powerful book. Personally, I hate necromancy. I don’t really see the need to be a dick to a person’s soul, but some people are just assholes in general. Wisp showed up, and angrily demanded the book back. I said no, he got angry, and we fought.” Matthias answered bitterly, a hint of anger still in his voice.

“Alright, that’s all I needed.” Dollie then petted his hair in some attempt to keep him calm, kissing his cheek.

He returned the smile, faltering slightly. “Well...I did goad him slightly into the fight. And I did say some pretty nasty things to him. Sadly, I’d understand if Wispy didn’t want to talk to me, let alone be friends. After all, he doesn’t like the undead race, or at the least the impression he gave off, along with a few choice words…” Matthias held his hands in front of himself, noting they slightly shook. “Guess I’m not over it either…” He murmured.

She shifted into his lap and held his shaking hands, “These things pass, love. I know, not everything passes easy, but they pass.” She smiled, leaning into his chest.

Matthias smiled, “Thank you, Lydia. I...really don’t deserve you…” He whispered quietly, as he held her tightly, but with a gentleness that spoke of a troubled, yet kind mind.

“Well, you have me, so you must’ve done something right.” Lydia giggled, nuzzling into Matthias’s neck almost playfully.

Matthias sighed, an easy smile on playing on his face, “I really don’t deserve such a beautiful, kind, and smart woman like you..”

“Well, I think you do.” Lydia smiled brightly, sitting up, then taking a sip of wine herself since Matthias hadn’t yet.

He playfully kissed Lydia, his eyes hinting at the contained lust he was holding back. “Well, we should continue this conversation… in a much more discrete place…” Matthias hinted, a slow grin spreading across his face.

“And where may that be?” Lydia asked, catching his drift.

“Maybe my new apartment, maybe my office. Or maybe,” He whispered, leaning in closely, “Anywhere you want.”

“Your office is closest, so take me there~” She purred, giving a light kiss to his neck.*

Matthias smiled, kissing Lydia, as he picked her up. He seemed to move at near superhuman speed, almost reaching his office as a large, golden armoured man stepped in his way, removing Dollie from Matthias’s grasp in a fluid quick motion. “You undead disgust me. Are you alright, ma’am? This Cretin didn’t do anything to you, did he?” Henry asked, a concerned look on his face

Dollie quickly equipped her bow and aimed an arrow at Henry’s face, “You got five seconds to give me back to my boyfriend or you’re getting an arrow to the face.” She said in irritation, glaring up at him.

Henry stood still, his face turning into confusion then into shock. “You mean...that creature...is your lover? Gross… You demons can be pretty disgusting…” He said, before unceremoniously dropping Dollie on the floor.

“Apologize. Now.” Matthias ordered, holding Henry at gunpoint.

Lydia got to her feet, gently taking the gun away from Matthias, “Now now, no need for that. Besides, anyone with a brain knows better to fear a woman scorned. Isn’t that right?” She growled the last part at Henry, her glare intensifying enough to strike terror into anyone.

Henry briefly shivered, before mustering his courage. “Well, it’s not my business if you sleep with a rotting corpse. Hell, maybe you’ll have beautiful little zombies as kids, eh?” The war angel shot back, as he began to walk away.*

Lydia then pulled Matthias into his office and shut the door before anything else could happen, grinning at him, “Now, where were we?” She cooed, approaching him.

A spear went through the door, miraculously missing Dollie and hitting Matthias’ arm, pinning him to the wall. For a moment it seemed as if it didn’t affect Matthias, before twisting into an ugly grimace of pain. Blood poured from the wound, soaking the spear and revealing the note it carried.

Lydia reacted quickly, removing the spear from Matthias’s arm and the wall before healing the wound, almost not noticing the note until after things calmed down a little, “What’s this…?” She wondered aloud, then reading what the note said:

“I see things haven’t changed, undead. Still luring women to love you, even though your ugly, damned form was created for war? Against everything you perpetrate as ‘worth fighting for’? You sicken me. Instead, of letting your necromancer use you for that purpose, why don’t you ask one of the Divinities to erase your soul? Then no one would ever die, should you fall into the wrong hands… monster.”

She sighs, “I’ll be back.” Dollie growled, leaving the room. A few explosive sounds later, she returned. “Well, spearchucker shouldn’t be coming back to bother us any time soon.”

Mathias nodded, the pain still fresh in his mind. “W-who was it?” He asked.

“The angel. He’s now shaking in a corner. I think he actually pissed himself.” Dollie remarked, then sitting in Matthias’s lap and hugging him.

“T-thanks, Lydia.” Matthias responded, hugging her back with the non-impaled arm, as he turned to look at the blood-soaked wall. “That’s going to take a lot of paint to fix…” Matthias mumbled, a frown settling on his face.

“Well, it can be fixed nonetheless.” She shrugged, “But, let’s not worry about it now, okay?”

Matthias whipped his head back, “Well what are we going to worry about, hmm?” he asked, a ghost of a smile playing on his face.

“What we were going to do before all that chaos~” Lydia purred in his ear seductively, gently pushing him onto his back on the floor.

“I don’t know...perhaps you could show me?” Matthias whispered back, as he nibbled on her ear.

Black0ut

The Cost of Life, and Everything in Between, cont.

Five hours later...

Lydia woke up next to Matthias, right where they had been while they slept. She gave a small smile and kissed his cheek, nuzzling softly and sleepily.

Matthias sleepily returned the kiss, holding her gently, while a small smile spread across his face.*

“Hey sleepy head~” She cooed, sitting up.

Matthias grunted, still not fully awake, as he sat up as well.

Dollie nuzzled into Matthias’s neck softly, wrapping her arms around him. “Whatcha wanna do now?”

Matthias eyes popped open, as he felt Dollie’s embrace. He shivered in pleasure, the simple embrace electrifying. “If this happens every time I wake up, I’ll be the luckiest man in the world.”

She smiled up at him, “And if I get to wake up to you, I’d be the luckiest woman in the world~” She giggled, kissing him softly.

Matthias returned the kiss, albeit with more passion, before offering a large smile. Suddenly, the office door opened, as Blue peered in. Seeing the two lovers on the floor, without their clothes, she opened her mouth, as if to say something, then closed it. With her face turning bright red, she shut the door.

Dollie only heard the noise, having not seen the door do anything, “What was that?”

Matthias’ face flushed slightly, embarrassed that they had been caught. “I think we’ve been discovered...by that new angel girl.”

She shrugged, “And?”

Matthias’ face grew even more red, “I...I...um...well...erm. We are naked...on my office floor… Our clothes are all over this room…” Matthias trailed off, a hint of embarrassment in his voice.

“I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: I have no shame.”

Matthias blushed harder, his face showing that, he did have some shame about being caught.

Lydia smiled and giggled, “You’re so cute when you’re embarrassed…”

Matthias looked as if his face was burning, “U-um…n-no I’m not?” He answered, his statement more of a question than a comment.

“Yes you areeee~” Lydia chimed, giggling more.

Matthias quickly looked away, trying to hide his face. “Nope. Nah. Uh-uh. That does not sound like me.” He protested, as he ran a hand through his disheveled hair.

She pulled his face up by the chin, making sure he wasn’t able to hide, “You’re so cute. The cutest thing since kittens.”

“Noooooo…” Matthias whined, his voice going into a low octave.

“What? You’re seriously cute, what else am I supposed to do? Lie?”

“Yes…” Matthias grumbled, pouting slightly.

“I won’t lie to you, Matthias.”

Suddenly, the door opened again this time the other angel opening it. “Wow. You guys are like bunnies, you fuck everywhere.” Henry stated, before slamming the door shut.

“At least the two of us are getting some!” Dollie yelled after Henry, a devious little grin on her face. Still no shame.

The door re-opened, but the angel remained outside. “Well, of course you would. Succubus like to sleep with anything that has a genital, or in this case, remains of one. Guess you really do like screwing the dead.” The door then shut again, a hole marking where Matthias had shot. “And your aim is still shit!

It was Lydia’s turn to shoot, hitting the angel almost in the groin, but just barely missing and hitting his thigh. “Next time I won’t miss, asshole!”

Several spears whistled through the air as his reply, all intended to hit the succubus. Acting fast, Matthias took the brunt of the blow, letting none of the spears hit Lydia. Matthias stumbled slightly, his balance faltering as blood leaked from the various woundscoughed, some blood coming out. “Guess...I need to learn how to dodge better.” He murmured, before falling over, the spears still lodged firmly in his chest.

Lydia acted even quicker than when the spear was in his arm, each spear disappearing as she healed the wounds, “Dammit, Matthias, you’re gonna get yourself killed!” She half heartedly scolded, sighing, “Though, I can’t say I don’t appreciate the effort and concern…” She added, kissing his forehead tenderly. She then got dressed, went out to confront the angel, bow drawn at the ready, “Leave. Now.”

Henry stopped, a slight smile on his face. “Why would I do that, harlot? I have no reason to go, although I’m already leaving. And should you strike me, the weapon I hid in the Revenant’s office will pierce his heart. Or his face. Either or.”

“Undo it or you’ll be facing a something piercing yours.”

“Well, if you harm me at all, then I’ll launch it. You see, I know when the undead becomes human, and that he’s highly vulnerable to practically anything. Without you in that room, I could kill him. But I’m not going to do that unless you attack. So let’s chat, Succubus. Tell me all about your life, and maybe I’ll let Matthias leave with his body intact. After all,” Henry taunted, an evil smile showing, “He and I have some business to settle. Maybe… if you ‘accommodate’ me, I’ll let him live.”

“First, define ‘accommodate’, second, just ask and you’ll have an answer. Anything. Any little secret you wanna know about my life, if you really wanna know so bad, just ask.” Dollie paused a moment, “Also, the name’s Dollie, no need to be formal with terms such as ‘harlot’.”

Henry smirked, “Fornication is what I mean. Secondly, What happened with the village all those years ago? And thirdly, should I use more modern terms to describe you, harlot?”

“My name will be just fine, no way in hell am I sleeping with you as I’m not one to cheat, never have and never will, and honestly? I’ve been doing some memory recovery lately, and I’ll tell you when I get there. Promise. You can even some with for the session if you’d really like.”

Henry glared at her for a moment, before the harsh look faded into a smile. “You pass. With flying colours. I won’t kill Matthias, nor will I harm you. It is interesting that you chose the route of aggression rather than peace, given that Matthias is currently weaker than he was. He must love you to weaken himself so much, when it considerably diminishes his power.” Leaning down, the angel whispered, “Make sure to steer him towards the light. He has enough darkness in his heart to damn him already, so make sure he doesn’t...turn evil…” The big war angel walked away, his armor fading into a bartender’s suit. “Happy trails, Dollie!”

Dollie was officially fifty shades of confused, turning the bow back into its usual charm state as she went back to T.D.’s office, “That was… odd…”

Black0ut

An Interesting Bond Forms

Insane Darkness as Alciel
Aka Insane Dankness
| (he’s with me!)
v

^
| (I’m not with him!)
Black0ut as T.D./Matthias, and Blue

Alciel walked through the hallways of D.S., his first time working in a professional environment such as this.

A young man with black hair, wearing a black skull t-shirt accidentally bumped into Alciel, a rogue yawn overtaking him. He continued down the hall, not paying heed to the man he just disturbed.

Alciel chased after him, intent on getting close to him. “Hey, nice clothes dude. All I’ve got is this lousy getup. Black has always been a favorite color of mine, too.”

Matthias continued walking, but looked at the stranger with curious eyes. “Not bad yourself.” He said curtly, as he continued forward.

The Incubus started walking backwards while talking. “So, what’s your name and how long have you worked here, tough guy?” he asked.

“Not long. And judging by how you were wondering, neither have you.” Matthias responded, as he began to move a bit faster, trying to see how fast Alciel was.

“Well, of course. It’s my first day, so it’s not like I know anyone here. Also, you haven’t answered the second question yet. I mean, I can understand if you don’t want to answer. There are people like that.” Alciel starts moonwalking, attempting to imitate the legendary Michael Jackson, and doing pretty well by those standards.

“Well, I am anonymity. I merely a tool to be used.” T.D. stated, speeding up to an even faster degree, “ You, on the other hand, are quite weak, seem a bit arrogant, and look a bit outlandish. Where’d you come from?”

“Even tools have names, you know. And yes, while a Revenant like you would definitely be stronger than I, an Incubus, the one race closest to humans, I specialize in things other than speed. Like sharpshooting. And no, it’s not arrogance. It’s impatience. And to be honest, all I know is that I hail from basically anywhere but here. See? I answered all of your questions like a good little boy,” Alciel mocked.

T.D. suddenly stopped, gritting his teeth hard. “Incubus...don’t tempt me. I’m already in a bad mood, and if you push me...well, I won’t be able to hold back my rage.” he warned, his shape molding into a being with ebony armor and two swords, his skull emitting two light red orbs of light, signalling the current danger.

“H-hey man… I don’t want to make trouble, especially with any allies. If you don’t want to talk, I’ll just walk away then. I don’t PURPOSEFULLY piss people off…” Alciel backed away from the obvious dark aura radiating from T.D.

The undead’s eyes lightened to a pure white, the orbs turning into tiny dots of white. Moving behind the Incubus so fast that it wasn’t perceptible, he grabbed the demon’s arm as he began walking. “You apologized. That makes you the third person who didn’t needlessly piss me off. That effectively takes you off my shit list. My name is Timeless Death, but my colleagues, and friends, shortened it and gave me the moniker T.D. Feel free to call me either.” T.D. stated, his eyes turning a light shade of green.

“Uhhh… I don’t know how to say this to you… but… the colleagues you speak of… are slowly losing their trust in you… See, since I’m a marksman, I have to be good at scouting. I did a little bit of that, just to see how you guys act without me around, and I listened to a couple conversations I feel like I shouldn’t have heard. Almost all of them involved your name… Oh, and before I forget to tell you, my name is Alciel. It is a pleasure to meet you, merciful Revenant.”

The undead rolled his eyes, “Please don’t call me ‘merciful Revenant’. I don’t even truly like being undead, so I slightly offensive. And, currently Wisp, one of my compatriots kinda hates me, and feeling is slightly reciprocated. He’s currently spreading rumors about me, saying I’ll use members of my squad against him. Sadly, his lies are working, yet I’ll not stoop to his level, so I won’t say anything about it, unless someone asks. Winter is a good leader, yet she can still lack a bit of poise in certain situations. Dollie can heal physical wounds and soul wounds, and since she’s the only healer, she’s the most important squad member, as no can replace her abilities.” T.D. explained, his voice dropping down to a whisper, “Personally, I’m a little sad Wisp is trying to hurt me, but such is life. Winter’s pretty cool, but she can be a bit of a know it all, despite it not really being her intention. Dollie… well, my opinion on her is biased, so if you want an opinion on her, ask Winter about it.”

“Based on the way you phrased that, I’m going to guess that the one Dollie talked so fondly about was you. You know, the infamous one who seduced a Succubus? Bro, good job. That’s not an easy feat. And neither is beating Winter in a gunfight… Fucking Hades’ giant burnt ass, that was a difficult fight. Fun, nonetheless, but seriously difficult for someone of her ability.” Alciel started replaying the fight in his head, every millisecond of it.

“Winter, eh? Maybe you I should spar…” The undead murmured, stopping outside of Diablo’s office. “I don’t know if you’ve talked to our illustrious leader, but you should. He’ll give you helpful advice on where to find all the underground areas that service creatures like us.”

“You speak highly of your leader. You hold high respect for him?” Alciel asked.

“That would depend on what kind of respect you mean. Respect in a professional sense? Or respect in the sense that I’m proud of how far he’s come?”

“I was thinking more of a mixture of both,” Alciel responded.

“Well, my son has accomplished some great things. I proud of him for what he has, and in a professional sense, he’s a good boss and leader.” T.D. stated, crossing his arms.

“Wait… Your boss is also your son? That’s a wacky relationship, there…” Alciel commented.

“And this world also holds demons, angels, and monsters that modern humans wouldn’t be able to comprehend. So… what defines something as ‘wacky’ when the whole world is more strange than you think?” The undead shot back.

“Alright T.D., I’ll give in to the wise and experienced mind you wield and just walk in already. It was nice to meet someone like you who actually could take me out in less than half a second. Wait, even that’s an understatement.”

“Well, you’re a nice guy. Not too many of those left in any of the Four main races.” T.D. mumbled, as a familiar, short angel walked down the hallway.

“Hey Blue. Fancy seeing you here, gorgeous. I’ll see ya later. I have some work stuff to do then we can do some stuff together if you’re not busy.” Alciel’s attitude did a full 180 faster than T.D.’s fastest running speed, his flirting game still at its best.

Blue blushed slightly, before nodding and, quickly, disappearing down the hall. When Alciel looked back to the Revenant, he found that the undead had vanished. “Ahh, I feel at home already.” Alciel walked into the room T.D. told him to go in. “And SCENE!”

Black0ut

Colossal Battle: Henry vs Gretak

ExoGrim as Mandane and Gretak

Black0ut as Henry

The streets were quiet, although it was midday, as if somehow the humans knew something big was happening around the area. Henry quietly walked down the street, his eyes burning with intense rage. He had a black trench coat, with blood-red sneakers. He eyed his target: a rundown warehouse, with brown paint, indicating it had probably been a red warehouse at one point. Henry breathed in deeply, knowing that if he didn’t do well in the next 30 minutes, it might be his last chance to view the world he was protecting. Henry closed his eyes, and listened, noting that the street was silent and that some birds had just started their melodious tunes. Upon opening his eyes, Henry noted that flowers had blossomed near him, the sun beaming down on the plants as if it were a proud father adoring his children.

“I need to move. Or all this beauty will die.” Henry whispered to no one in particular, as he began approaching the warehouse. The warehouse in question was surrounded by a menagerie of buildings, as it resided in the downtown sector of the city. Henry breathed out a nervous breath that he’d been holding, opening his wings as he soared to the roof, gently touching down, as he made sure to not make a noise. Spotting a skylight near him, he opened the window, and threw a spear through, the divine energy crackling as it sailed into the building. My Angelic Sense, Riptide should level this place, and all who reside in it. I hope. The War Angel thought, his left hand shaking as he prepared for the inevitable explosion.

“Yes, Shela, everything’s doing fine,” Mandane said over the phone, “We’ve almost finished moving everything in the warehouse. I’d like to thank you for infiltrating the Demon Society, WE wouldn’t have found out about Gemma’s knowledge otherwise,” He stopped when he saw the spear hit the ground, “Be right back,” Mandane managed to say before the explosion went off.

The building’s structure gave way, as the explosion tore through its infrastructure, causing the building to collapse on itself, launching the angel off onto a nearby car. Henry groaned, his physical features etched into the ruined car’s body. He gingerly got up, and formed the armor he used. His main weapons, his shield and his trusty spear, formed in his hands, as he took a defensive stance.

Mandane emerged from the dust, no sign of severe damage on him, “Please, I’ve taken bigger explosions. Do you really think a mid-tier bomb like that would do anything?” Mandane challenged, “But I guess that’s the best a mid-tier angel can muster. Anyway, why must you attack when we just started moving the important stuff? Do you even realize how rude that was?”

The war angel didn’t respond, as his second Angelic Sense activated. Wide array of weapons, dating to prehistoric to more modern weapons surrounding the two of them, each seemingly acting as if they were wielded by masters of their crafts, as they moved into ranks and positioned themselves at the Prideful Sin. Several legions of melee weapons charged Mandane, with murderous intent. Meanwhile, Henry remained in his defensive position, taking a slight step back, resembling one of the Spartans of old.

“You angels and your pointy things,” Mandane said, readjusting his glasses mid dodge, “I know I killed your girlfriend, but don’t you know to drop a grudge? It’s not like I enjoyed killing her… though I did enjoy keeping the war from ending.” He grabbed one of the spears, “Though, I have admit, these are some fancy crafts, have you ever considered being a blacksmith? I’d think you’d do well in that profession.” He dropped the spear, dodging more weapons.

A loud grunt emerged from the remains of the warehouse. All the living creatures, except Mandane and Henry fled the scene, too scared to stay.

The War Angel didn’t move, noting the sound came behind Mandane. His weapons swung with more skill, seemingly evolving in their mastery.

A large figure appeared from the dust that still stood in the air. The figure was twice the size of Henry, but shorter by a few inches. It’s red armor shined in the morning sun. There was no visible sign that anyone was even in the armor, but a heavy breathing emitted from it. It said, “Gretak bored. Gretak wish to fight angel man.”

Mandane dashed behind the colossus, all the weapons following him bouncing off the giant armor, “I hope you don’t mind, but I need to leave. If you want you can fight Gretak here instead. He’s a real challenge, even for me. Tata.” Mandane said as he vacated the area himself.

Henry gritted his teeth angered over the cowardice Mandane held. His eyes shifted into an angrier look as he let his rage overtake him. His ranged weapons that had held back, shot all their ammunition, be it arrows, bolts, or bullets. “Who are you?” The War Angel asked quietly, almost as soft as when Blue murmured.

“Gretak the Unstoppable,” The armor responded, “Man of Gluttony.” The ammo bounced off him as he spoke. He obviously had no concern for his own safety.

The Weapons stopped firing and faded away. As Henry’s armor turned a deep red, almost as if he had began to bleed over his armor. “You... You Die. Today.” The War Angel’s stature became apparent as he flew into the air, resembling no more a Greek Spartan, but now something almost indescribable, the bloodlust surrounding the angel making him look both intimidating and evil. His spear grew slightly longer than Gretak, becoming far more elaborate than it once was.

Gretak raised his fist and crouched. With a shockwave of air following him, the armor leaped into the air and struck Henry square in the jaw.

The Archangel’s shield grew a sharp spike, and proceeded to jam it into the Giant’s armor, his spear whipping around to do much the same as he fell with the Gretak in tow, positioning himself underneath the giant, so his weapons would go through his body.

Gretak’s first layer of armor cracked as they landed and the spear and shield went through two more layers. The Giant proceeded to rapidly, and repeatedly, headbutt Henry.

Henry scrambled away, a variety of modern-day weapons forming and shooting the colossus. Goddess Alexi! Please...I need your assistance! This enemy was sprung on me unfairly by the war criminal Mandane!

Very well. I shall aid you in this matter.

The Angel’s body changed, as a blanket of pink aura surrounded him. After the intense light faded, a 6’2 woman appeared, glancing at the chaos that surrounded her. She was dressed in Henry’s lanky armor, but she quickly snapped her fingers, the armor turning into something beyond the realm of perception, the clothes switching from ancient battle attire, to modern-day armor, to something attainable only in the future. “I am the Goddess Alexi, formerly known as Veneratio Bellum Incarnate. Waging war on my first disciple is an act of war against me. If you leave immediately, I won’t kill you.” Alexi stated, a smile, that offered no warmth nor kindness, appeared on her face.

“Gretak doesn’t fear Bellona,” Gretak answered, “Gretak killed Bellona before and this Bellona isn’t here in body. Gretak wishes to continue fight.”

A sword appears in Alexi’s hand. It glowed red, the aura itself, looking just as deadly as the blade. The blade itself was carved with ancient runes and glyphs that spoke of the Goddess’ history. The cross guard portrayed two steel snakes slithering outwards,as if to strike, while the pommel held a gem, unlike any earthly jewel. Alexi dashed past the colossus, seemingly not lifting her blade. The armor shattered, the entire frame destroyed, leaving Gretak’s entire body without any protection. “It’s Bell-um, Gretak. Fancy another round?”

An old, meatless man emerged from the armor scraps, “Do you expect me to keep track of every name you have? Ares, Bellona, Freya, and now Alexi? Make up your mind woman.” The man took a bite out of the potato in his hand and turned to Alexi, “Besides, Henry isn’t going to last. I say you should be the one surrendering, but it’s not in you nature, is it.”

“Charming. As if I didn’t already find you unattractive…” Alexi shot back, rolling her eyes. “Besides, one good swipe from my sword and you die. Just… answer me one question: Why? Why did you, someone with so much potential to be the ultimate warrior, why did you turn towards the darkness?” She raised the blade up, pointing it at the old man.

“Because someone once said that with my power, I could not kill,” Gretak explained, “I merely proved that woman wrong.”

Black0ut

Colossal Battle: Henry vs Gretak, cont.

Alexi sighed, a sad expression spreading across her face. “I’ll make it quick. You deserve that much after all. Goodbye, Grey. May you find peace in the world after this one, my friend.” Time seemed to stand still, as Alexi walked forward, grabbing Gretak’s shoulder and hugged him. “I’m sorry...for everything. For what I’ve done to you…” She stepped back, her face showing that she could no longer hold her tears back. She got into an offensive stance and slashed at her closest friend.

“And I’m sorry, but my time isn’t yet,” Gretak said, just before intercepting the blade with his bare hand. He chanted, “Counter Measure,” Words that Alexi weren’t familiar with, but Henry knew from several fights with Jack. The end of him had come, and he was powerless to stop it.

Alexi showed a shocked expression, as the scene that played out looked like one of Quentin Tarantino's films, the Archangel’s body massacred and dismembered in mere seconds. A figure raised up out of the ground, her expression a mix of pure rage, unrestrained emotional agony. “Why? How many more have to die, before you’re satisfied?!” Alexi practically screamed, her angel’s corpse strewn all around her.*

“Who said he’s the one who needs satisfaction?” Mandane said as he walked up to Gretak, “And I’d like to remind you to takes a lot of effort to keep this one alive. Do you even have the slightest idea how much magic power it took to make that armor. A shame I never did find his lungs, wouldn’t you agree?”*

The Goddess’ expression turned to one of confusion. “What do you mean, Sin of Pride? That you…” Sudden clarity showed in her eyes, “You bastard!” Her sword reformed in her hand, as she took a step towards Mandane, a murderous look on her face.*

“Please, he wanted work for me. He was tired of always being the protector, so I taught him how to kill. He always savored the taste of the blood of his enemies. Besides, how else would I get away with a public execution, exceptionally when it was an illegal one. And it’s not like you can kill me, with that contract of non-intervention in play… one that you just broke.” He readjusted his glasses as he challenged her.*

“Well, then. If I broke it I have no need to uphold it, do I?” Alexi growled, raising her blade to strike him. The blade dissolved into thin air, enraging the war goddess further. “Technically, I made no such intervention, as I merely acted on my Archangel’s plea for help, which all deities are allowed to do. Pity, you decided to make me an enemy. Perhaps, I’ll visit your enemies and make the strongest one of them my archangel. There’s no law that says they can’t use my power and kill you…” Alexi sank beneath the ground, a malicious grin on her face.*

“Too bad, I’m her friend ‘til my war stops, in all technicality,” Mandane remarked, “Too late now I guess, since I’m Archdemon of the Underworld.” He then got to work on repairing Gretak’s armor and moving the last of the stuff to the new place, “I wonder what persona Shela’s gonna give me and the others while we’re in the HQ.”

----

Many hours later...

A figure cloaked in black approached the gruesome scene, the remains of the archangel having been left to decay. The figure took out a mason jar and collected a sample of the remains, before walking away. After walking for a couple miles, the figure stopped and smiled, moonlight shining down on a badge that held the name Simon Isaac Rivera.

Black0ut

A Blown Arm and Blown Emotions

Black0ut as Blue

Blue yawned, exhausted from the day’s activities. She arrived at a nondescript, generic building, looking around to ensure nobody was around. After opening the door to the safe house, Blue locked the door, it's magical protection, strong enough to keep gods away. She walked towards the basic sleeping quarters, intent on getting some sleep.

After she had laid down, she heard a loud, almost wet sounding bang from a room that was nearby.

Getting up, Blue cautiously left her room, investigating where the sound had originated. Coming to a corner, she peered around it, hoping that whatever had made the sound wouldn’t notice her.

She saw a small faerie woman with her arm across the room, with a rather large blood spatter range as well as a large pool of blood beneath her. Oddly, the little green haired woman wasn’t in any pain, or it at least seemed like it.

Blue watched in confusion, studying Fiori. After a few moments, she mustered her courage, and asked, “F-fiori…? Why is y-your arm gone?”

“Well…” Fiori started, not bothering to look over her shoulder, “Some people are really messed up in the head, and I’m one of ‘em, we’ll put it that way.”

Blue shrank back behind the wall, meekishly asking, “H-how s-so?”

“I like pain. A lot.” She said simply, finally looking over at the angel.

Blue backed away down the hall, preparing to run as she murmured, “O-okay.”

“You don’t have to worry, I would much rather take the pain than inflict it, you don’t have to go.” Fiori assured, getting up and reattaching her arm like it was nothing.

Blue retreated to her room, peering out at the faerie with a mix of morbid curiosity and unrestricted terror. A nervous squeak marked her reply, her fear getting the better of her.

“... Welp, that didn’t end well…” Fiori muttered to herself, cleaning all the blood with a snap of her fingers. She hummed as she left the room, unsure of what to do now.

Several tornados, filled with water, sped quickly past Fiori. The tornados moved at such a fast degree that they all hit the door, Blue falling out of one of them, unconscious.

Fiori quickly went to Blue’s side, gently patting her face in an attempt to wake her, “Hey, ruffles, you with me?” She asked. Upon realizing that Blue was indeed out cold, she muttered a few curses before carrying the angel back to the sleeping quarters and setting her in bed. “Hope she doesn’t have some kind of concussion…”

Blue suddenly sat up, her eyes resembling black holes, as her face went skeletal. She gre in height from her diminutive 5’4, to a colossal 8’1. A great scythe, seemingly made of bones, appeared in her hands. Blue stared at Fiori with cruel, cold eyes. “A Fae…” The dark visage muttered, the voice more raspy and rough, resembling neither Blue’s voice nor a more masculine voice.

“... Well, shit.” Fiori said in a monotone voice, an expression to match, “Blue? You in there somewhere?”

The figure stood up, gazing at the Fae with curiosity. “I know not of this ‘Blue’ you speak of.” The skeletal figure answered, its voice booming and distorted. “Who are you?”

“Fiori Emeris.” The small woman said simply, her cold exterior to the “stranger” unwavering. “And yourself?”

“I have many names,” The figure responded, it's bleached skull offering an unsettling grin, “but, for lack of time to explain all of them, call me… Orpheus. Where are we, might I ask?”

“A safe house belonging to the Demon Society, if you’re concerned over safety we’re as safe as can be here.” Fiori explained.

“I see. And how many people are in this ‘Demon Society of yours?”

“I haven’t counted, so I couldn’t tell you. I know who probably does know, however. The Grand Elder, who is the leader.”

“And how strong is this elder of yours?” Orpheus asked quietly.

“I’ve never fought him, so I have no idea, but I would assume pretty powerful if he’s the headpiece.” Fiori shrugged.

Orpheus nodded, the motion being so unnatural and wrong that it went beyond disturbing. “At a later point in time, I’ll meet this Elder, and I’ll take him with me.” The skeletal figure laid back on the bed, it’s body not quite fitting on the bed. “Until we meet again, Fiori Emeris. Do be careful, I’d rather not make our next meeting one where I collect your soul.” The Skeletal figure then began to shrink, its appearance shifting into that of Blue’s.

Fiori sat next to the bed, monitoring for any changes in Blue’s status, or if she changed again. She also kept an eye and ear out for anything else in the area that may be a threat, having her staff on hand.

Blue remained unconscious for a few hours, remaining as still and lifeless as a doll. Her eyes slowly opened, as she woke up. “Ugh… I feel like my head’s been kicked by a Centaur…” Blue groaned,rubbing her head with tired, groggy hands.

“Well, kid, you did get yourself slammed against a wall. Shouldn’t be too surprising that you feel like a truck hit you, or in your case, a Centaur kicking you.” Fiori stated rather bluntly, now having been reading a book to pass the time.

Blue’s eyes snapped open, as she shrank back against the wall, in a weak attempt to hide. “H-hey, F-fiori…”

“Hey, also, do you know anything about an ‘Orpheus’?” The little faerie asked, still not looking up.

Blue threw some of the meager covers over herself, peering out at the Fae. “O-orpheus? The Greek poet who lost his love, because of his idiocy? What about him?” Blue asked, some confidence returning to her.

“A guy by that name was here earlier, he was about 8’1”, really skeletony, voice was rather odd… looked a bit like death itself.”

Blue raised an eyebrow, her confidence returning to her. “Really? No one can enter here, not even Gods. So…why are you really bringing a dead poet up?”

“I’m telling the truth, he was here, and he was you.” Fiori looked up from her book, a stone cold expression painting her face.

Blue sat up, a fierce look on her face, hinting at her mother's identity. “How can I switch genders, and lose my skin? That's a pretty hard feat for a...angel to pull off. That's something I actually can't do. So… I call bullshit.”

“You underestimate me.” Fiori said coldly, conjuring a memory orb and replaying the event for Blue. Once it had played out, she asked “Believe me now?”

Blue paled, caught a bit off guard by the figure she saw. Her expression remained, if only slightly unsure. “For all I know, you altered the memory orb to play an event that supports what your argument.” Blue replied.

“Now here’s the real question: what is my motive to lie to you?”

Black0ut

A Blown Arm And Blown Emotions, cont.

Blue’s confidence dissipated slightly, but she continued to hold her ground. “Perhaps you did something while I was unconscious, or maybe you took something of value. There's a lot of reasons why you could falsify a memory orb.” Blue answered suspiciously, uneasy as her former guardian wasn't there to help her.

“You have nothing of value that I could want, I have no reason to do anything other than watch over you while you sleep, and I can think of no reason to falsify a memory orb. Do you truly think so low of me?”

“I’m scared!” Blue practically shrieked, as she began to curl up into a ball. She didn’t say anything for a few moments, before she continued, “Everyone thinks I’m this strong, shy, and brave person. I’m not. I mean, how can I be when someone I knew died in some godforsaken battle? And that’s not speaking of the pressure of being a task force assigned by the gods themselves! Then, I get to contend with a friend of mine showing me this weird memory of some creepy figure and said that this thing was me. I’m fucking scared, Fiori. And I don’t know how I can possibly fix this…” Blue began to silently cry, burying her head between her legs, her mental meltdown complete.

“I wish I knew what to tell you, but I got nothin’.” Fiori bluntly stated, her voice colder with every word as it seemed.

Blue cried harder, her body beginning to shake from the unrestrained fear and stress. She didn’t scream or wail, her mental anguish too much to even form such sounds, even without Fiori’s coldness. Blue began to hyperventilate, as she began to have a panic attack, the anxiety finally getting to her.

In spite of obvious empathy issues, Fiori knew how to deal with this sort of situation, calming Blue down to the best of her ability, which actually seemed to work quite well.

Blue’s breathing returned to normal, but the action, while stopping her panic attack, hadn’t affected the emotional pain she felt. Blue curled up tighter, her emotion raw, as she continued to weep.

Fiori gave Blue a box of tissues, unable to think of really anything else to do. She then sat back on the floor, chewing on her metal pendant, rather liking the iron taste.

If Blue had noticed the tissues, she gave no sign that she was aware of them, slowly rocking forward and back. After a few minutes, Blue stopped, apparently done crying. She got up shakily, and made her way to the kitchen area of the hideout, not bothering to see if Fiori had followed.

Fiori had followed, mostly out of curiosity if Orpheus would make an appearance again, but also out of some concern for Blue.

Blue opened a cabinet and skimmed through a variety of things before settling on a bottle, simply entitled ‘Ambrosia.’ Walking past Fiori, she continued to the door of the hideout and opening it. She didn’t shut the door, but instead sat on the steps that led up into the building. She gingerly opened the bottle and began to drink from it, not caring if anyone saw her.

Fiori didn’t bother really following this time, sighing and falling asleep in the sleeping quarters after blowing off her arm a few more times for the hell of it.

After drinking the entire content of the bottle, Blue drunkenly stumbled in, locking and shutting the door behind her. She toppled over quickly, passing out in the entranceway, with a loud thud.

ExoGrim

Little Intelligence: Great Knowledge

ExoGrim as Gemma

Black0ut as Blue

Blue sat on a couch within the safe house, an emotionless expression on her face, making the godling seem more like a doll than a living being.*

Gemma entered the room, turning on the Master Terminal and taking a bite out of a raw potato. He noticed Blue on the couch and said, “Hey Blue,” Then he suddenly paused, almost like stone.*

Blue didn't react, staring ahead, as if the wall was the most interesting thing in the world and demanded her full attention.*

“Orpheus, eh?” Gemma said a moment later, “I guess it’s been awhile since I’ve worked with him. But I still wasn’t expecting you to be the God of Death,” He put his needle in his mouth, “But judging by the power of the seal, Isis really didn’t want you being your true self. Don’t worry about changing again anytime soon, it only breaks when you lose consciousness.”*

Blue remained silent, shifting slightly so she could curl into a ball. Her eyes looked as though she had lost all hope and was courting despair.*

Gemma walked up to her, judging her mental condition. He sighed and put a hand on her shoulder, “There’s no need to break now. You have people here who are willing to be with you… me included. And you may be Orpheus, but that doesn’t change who you are. Please remember that.”*

Blue remained lifeless. Apathetic. She stood up and went into the kitchen, walking as though she was drunk, even though she was completely sober. She opened up the wine cabinet, and pulled out a bottle simply entitled ‘Ambrosia’. *

Gemma threw his needle through the bottle, shattering it. He grabbed Blue by the shirt collar and yelled, “Will you snap out of it?! I don’t have the time to let you do something you’ll regret! I won’t let you do this to yourself,” Tears began streaming down Gemma’s face, “Never again.”*

Blue stared into Gemma’s eyes before going limp in his arms. “I’m not who you think I am. You’re just remembering someone who was in a similar depression-like state. I’m… something truly fucked up. I don’t even really deserve to continue living. So, either put me down, or kill me. Preferably the latter.”*

“No!” Gemma exclaimed, hugging Blue tightly, “I won’t lose you like I lost her!”*

Blue sighed, before a tornado of her own design threw them both into a wall. She repeated the action several times, making sure that she alone hit the walls, and that Gemma would be cushioned by her body.*

“Think about what you’re doing!” Gemma exclaimed through the situation, “If you kill yourself, it won’t stop him and won’t change who you are! Think of all the people you’re endangering by doing this! Think about your friends! Think about the feelings you have for me.”*

Blue didn’t listen, continuously throwing herself as she whispered, “What friends? What feelings? No one will have to die if I’m dead… after all, this body is linked to him… Might as well make sure he can’t use it.”*

“Because that would work!” Gemma snapped, “This is a god we’re talking about! If you die, he’ll only just come back! And what about me and Jack? What about Fiori? Do you not consider us friends?!”*

“Can’t you see?” Blue yelled, at him, blood seeping from her hairline. “If I die, I protect everyone. Then everyone can rest easy, and not be afraid… Besides, you don’t know me. Not that long, anyways. And neither does Jack. And Fiori wouldn’t care. So, tell me why isn’t this a good idea?”*

“If that’s how you feel…” Gemma said solemnly, “Then there’s no point in me living,” Gemma let go of Blue, allowing the torrent to slam him into the wall like a ragdoll. He lied limp when he landed on the floor.*

Blue stopped, the tornado dissipating as she stared at Gemma’s body. She walked over quickly, and gingerly shook him.*

Gemma didn’t move.*

Blue laid down and hugged him, tears forming in her eyes. She gently brushed his hair, as she cried silently.*

Gemma, slowly but surely, returned the hug. After a bit, he said, “Will you trust me?”*

Blue nodded, even though he couldn’t see her, and hugged him tighter, but with a soft gentleness that would make even the Goddess of Love jealous.*

“Just promise me one thing,” Gemma said weakly, “Please, don’t ever do that again.”*

She pressed her face into his back gently, as a means to not respond to the question.*

“I know it’s hard to accept the fact of what you are. But please not let it affect who you are. I don’t want the same thing that happened to her to happen to you.”*

“Who?” Blue asked, her voice muffled by Gemma’s back.*

“Irene,” Gemma said solemnly, “A kind-hearted woman who wanted the best for her friends. She was the Goddess of Torture.”*

Blue didn't say anything, and let go of Gemma. Standing up, she made water appear beneath him, and made the water float with her wind magic, gently guiding Gemma’s body onto a couch.*

Gemma groaned as he landed on the couch, “I think my back broke. I need to remember to avoid hitting hard objects.”*

Blue gently touched Gemma’s shoulder, trying to see how bad it was. After a moment, she nodded, as a glob of water went over Gemma’s head.*

Gemma struggled for a bit, but eventually lost consciousness to the water.*

Keeping a close eye on him, Blue removed the water sphere, and any additional water he had swallowed. “I'm sorry, Gemma. I don't want you… to see what i’m going to do.” Going to the counter, she removed an ornate gun, it's glimmer unlike most mortal weapons. Hyperventilating, Blue struggled to lift the gun to her head, her fear acting as an almost physical source. Finally, she raised the godly weapon to her head. She closed her eyes, wanting to pretend what she was doing was something else. She took a deep breath, and relaxed. She wondered if anyone besides Gemma would miss her. She fired.

ExoGrim

Cont.

She felt a sharp pain, as if something had tore through her head. She smiled, thinking she had died, until a distorted voice broke the silence..

“Why? Why try to kill yourself? You and I may be one entity, but in order for us to both survive, we must coexist with each other. How about this: In exchange that you don't kill yourself, I won't collect your friends or anyone you deem as ‘untouchable’ by myself? And should they end up in my grasp, I'll revive them. Plus, I won't leave you unconscious when I awaken, and vise versa. And to seal this deal, the first angel I recruit will be by your choice. If you accept, I promise to uphold our agreement, on pain of death, or any punishment you deem necessary.”

Opening her eyes, Blue stared at a transparent Orpheus pulling back a sword, wiping some blood from it. Pondering for a moment, Blue nodded consent. Orpheus began to fade away, a happy expression on his skeletal features.*

Blue then realized that the gun was missing from her hand. A woman’s voice said, “I’d like this back, godling.”*

I'll back you up if you need me to. Orpheus mentally offered. “No. Give me the weapon back.” Blue responded, a steely tone to her voice.*

“You want me to return something you stole to begin with?” The woman challenged, “I wouldn’t be so hasty for a fight, if I were you.”*

Several massive tornados engulfed the small area. “I said… Give me the gun back.” Blue’s eyes hardened, and a sword materialized out of the ether, a gift Orpheus had sent.*

“Material Slicing!” The woman exclaimed, a red energy slicing all of the tornados. She had a blood red whip in her hand and the gun placed perfectly in a holster on her hip, “This will cut you by the atom. It will be the most pain you’ve ever felt, don’t make me use it.”*

Blue stared at her opponent, eyeing the woman cautiously, before she got into a battle stance. You can fight her… she's stronger than me. Blue thought quickly, as her body rapidly transformed into that of Orpheus. “If I were you, I’d make sure not to piss off the God of Death. You may not walk away if you do.” Shadows swirled around him, making an intricate robe of shadows, wielding both his signature scythe and his sword, his bleached skull offering a never-ending smile.*

“Orpheus,” The woman said, “You do realize that this fight is pointless. Death can not live without pain and pain can’t live without death. It is a natural order that the two of us share. Your godling took this weapon from me, I merely came here to take it back.”*

Orpheus shrugged, the gesture unnatural. “I'm bound to her, and I can't exactly say no to her. So, please, give her the gun. I'd rather not deal with either you, or my godling bitching at me, but… if I had to choose, I'd have to go with the godling. I spend more time with her, after all.”*

“Fine, but I want it back by the fourth moon,” she said, tossing the gun over.*

Orpheus’ sword disappeared with a puff of black smoke, as he grabbed the gun sticking on the counter. “Thank you… Irene… now, get the hell out of here. I’m irritated that you’d have the gall to come into an abode I reside in, without my invitation. And I could care less about the damn gun. It really doesn’t matter. But threatening to kill my godling is a crime against me. Be happy I’m deciding not to tell any of the Origin Gods about this, and that I’m not trying to kill you.” Orpheus responded coldly, an icy light appearing in his right eye.*

“Not like it matters what the others think. I’ve already been banished,” Irene responded, “As for the whole killing thing, I had no intention of killing her. I just wanted my gun back. Anyway, I should be going, there’s a lot more things I have to fix.”*

Orpheus stared at her, tilting his head slightly. “Go. And don’t come back, unless I invite you, Irene. Or we will test your theory if death truly needs pain.”*

“Just remember that I’m available whenever you need me,” Irene said before she departed.*

ExoGrim

Pain: A Fragile Thing

ExoGrim as Irene

Irene quickly left the warehouse with agileness. She needed to make sure that no one found her, or found out what she stole.*

Fiori saw the mystery girl out the corner of her eye, following out of sheer curiosity, “Wonder what her hurry’s about…?”*

Irene stopped at the side of a building and slipped through a dark alley, “If I had known that stealing from a big corporation was this hard, I would have reconsidered. But, in the end… I win this round.”*

Fiori was close behind, only being revealed as her, rather small, shadow cascaded down the alley from the light behind her, “Curiouser, curiouser… what do you have that was so hard to get, dare I ask?” She mused. *

Irene, out of instinct, lashed out on the fey woman with her whip.*

Fiori dodged quickly, the whip having broken the chain on her cloak to reveal her wings, “Relax, I’m not going to hurt you unless you give me reason.”*

“Tell me what you want and who send you, now!” Irene demanded, “Before I show you true torture!”*

“I was sent by no one, and simple curiosity, my dear.” The little woman said, stone cold in expression.*

Irene threw out her whip, the weapon wrapping around Fiori’s neck, “And who says I can trust you?”*

“Nobody says, and that whip can’t kill me, I hope you know that. Just try, you’ll see.”*

“Material Slicer!” Irene said, ripping the fey woman’s head from her body and slicing both arms to pieces, “You will live with that pain all your death.”*

Her head simply smiled, giggling rather uncharacteristically, “You ever wonder who the thief of the Fountain of Youth was?” She asked, her body coming back together, “And the reward to the thief go the spoils, the spoils of immortality.” Fiori popped her neck and a few joints, stretching a bit, “Always felt weird, though, the dismemberment thing.”*

“Orpheus always finds a way to make people die,” Irene murmured, “Be careful with your gift.”*

“You know Orpheus?” Fiori asked, tilting her head.*

“I’m a Goddess,” Irene said, irritated, “All Gods and Goddesses know one another.”*

“Interesting…” Fiori smiled, “And there’s no need to get snappy with me. There’s also still the question of what you stole…”*

“That’s none of your concern,” Irene stated bluntly.*

“Fair enough.” Fiori shrugged, “Was simple curiosity, after all.”*

“For someone who stole a godly item, you’re quite laid back,” Irene observed.*

“Funny, usually I get called cold.” Fiori replied, sitting on the ground in front of Irene.*

“Cold, yes,” Irene stated, “But very laid back.”*

“I’ve never seen that about myself, but alright. Usually one doesn’t see some characteristics about themselves until it’s pointed out anyway.”*

“Do you even work for anyone?” Irene inquired.*

“Yes, actually. A place called the Demon Society.” The fae replied, resting her head in her hand.*

“Demon Society?” Irene asked, confused, “Since when were the Demons aligned to each other?”*

“I dunno, actually. And it isn’t just demons, a little angel by the name of Blue works there too.”*

“Blue? Do you mean the godling?”*

Fiori nodded, “Yeah.”*

“Huh, I wonder what a godling is doing working for the Demons?” Irene muttered to herself.*

“Beats me, but y’know, it happened.” Fiori shrugged.*

Irene slipped the item into her pouch and said, “Anyway, I’d best be going.”*

A nasty grin covered Fiori’s face, quickly snatching the bag and making off with it. She managed to get far enough that she had time to see what was in the bag, looking in much curiosity.*

The Bag merely contained a dagger with simple runes on it. The blade was made from silver and had an integrated design.*

Fiori gazed at it in wonder, an unusual little smile of glee on her face, “It’s so pretty…”*

A whip wrapped around her leg, lifting to a very disappointed looking Irene. She took the dagger and said, “What do you have to say for yourself?”*

Fiori seemed to not care that her body was inverted, and that her lower body was on essentially full display aside from a pair of black panties that kept her from being completely exposed, “Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.” She mused.*

Irene merely sliced her into several pieces and left, without a trace.*

Fiori simply came back together, not caring that her clothes as well as flesh had been torn to pieces. She went back to get her cloak, wrapping it around herself as to be at least somewhat decent.*

Black0ut

Love and Loss

Black0ut as T.D./Matthias

Frostlich1228 as Wisp

Smallelvenprince as Dollie/Lydia

Matthias walked through the hall, holding his hand gingerly as several drops of blood dripped onto the floor. "I knew I shouldn't have taken that job for the rogue spellcaster, while in this form..." He grumbled, paying more attention to his hand than where he was walking.

Suddenly, T.D. looked up to see a familiar metal sphere just inches from his face, but thanks to said sphere's demon sense, Wisp was able to levitate in time to avoid him.

Matthias let his arm drop, blood dripping on the floor in a larger quantity, a large hole in his right hand. "Just the person I was looking for. I think it's time we had a talk about recent events and a particularly nasty rumor that's been going around, Wisp."

T.D... Why're you bleeding? Wisp asked plainly.

"A job." Matthias replied simply, "Why are you spreading rumours about how horrible and untrustworthy I am?"

Because your sudden change of heart around Dollie does not fool me, I have not simply forgot the time you threatened her with death during our fight, or what you called her the first time you met, even if you did 'apologize'. Wisp Explained, And even if I'm wrong, and you don't intend to hurt her, you are certainly not good for her or this team, you threatened my mission on a whim, seem to have no qualms about killing your own teammates, and are clearly very manipulative towards Dollie!

"If you have such an issue with me, kill me. You could shoot me with Soul magic, and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it." Matthias replied, simultaneously moving closer to Wisp, while smiling ruefully. "But I'll be damned if I let you spread bullshit about me to everyone. I threatened Dollie during our fight to prove a point; you can't even see me as a sentient being, but, rather, something to kill. I wouldn't ever harm Dollie, nor would I manipulate her. I don't have much of a soul left to use certain emotions, like deceit. And if I remember correctly, you struck first, knowing that one hit could kill me, where as with my attacks, I could only take out two of your masks with my current abilities. So... Deceit, Anger... shut the fuck up, and let Sadness and the happy mask speak. I prefer to continue this conversation with their voices, rather than listen to you two assault me verbally, and with such venom."

Well... Mr... T.D... I still do not like the idea of Dollie seeing someone who would goad her friend into a fight by threatening to kill her... Innocence replied.

"I didn't goad you with that, Wispy. I goaded you into fighting by refusing to allow you to reclaim the book I deemed too dangerous for anyone to hold let alone use. What if you had found a way to bring back that evil part of you? I'd end up having to kill you with Dollie and Winter. So I took the book-even though it was my mission to just kill the necromancer- as necromancy can't really turn me against you. I'm not bound like most undead to single master. He's still alive, but has no control over me." Matthias explained, ripping part of his shirt off to make a cloth bandage for his hand, "And as for what I said, It was a test. I don't know any of you four, nor did I know your motives. I was worried you'd try and kill the group. And don't call me the moniker my enemies used. Call me Matthias."

Well... You hurt me... You damaged my mask... And we don't want- we do but... We have spent much time making up for our actions... Wisp explained, The fact still stands, you jeopardized my mission first because you didn't trust me, you forced me to fight, but I wanted to stop... Then you threatened Dollie... We also know a lot about those kinds of spells T- Matthias... That's why The Elder sent us to collect the book, you can't even understand them, you're not exactly a mage you know.

Matthias walked up and placed a hand on the sadness mask. "And I'm sorry, Sadness. My intention, even when my natural instincts begged for your death, was not to kill you. Maybe Anger or Deceit, because they're assholes, but not you or happy face." Mathias said gently, before turning to Deceit, "You, shut the hell up." He then turned towards Innocence, "Since I can't use magic, why worry if I carried it off? That's like giving a Nuclear launch codes to a baby, they don't know how to use it so it's very safe. And I'm not happy with all of you, considering all four of you nearly killed me. I should be trying to kill you, the collective Wisp. I should be just as evil as you say I am. But I'm not going to do anything. Because I'm not that evil. And I don't like being a Revenant. Nor do I like killing. So, I'm going to be the bigger person and drop this."

I don't want to kill you either... but you can't exactly give nuclear launch codes to a baby, because then they can be easily stolen... The tome was a lot safer with me... Wisp replied, Also Matthias. Anger and Deceit are part of me... They are me... Saying you would kill them is the same as saying you would kill me.

Last edited:

Black0ut

Love and Loss, Part 2

Matthias sighed, shifting his good hand into his pocket. "Just as you hate some aspects about me, I don't particularly like Anger or Deceit when thinking of you, Wisp. Besides, while you are the same person, you each are confined to a specific emotion or nature." Matthias elaborated, leaning against a wall, the cloth bandage now a dark stain of red over the wound. "You may think alike, and are descended from the same thing, but you each have different ways of thinking that, when you clash with ideals, you won't be Wisp, but rather a bunch of masks arguing with one another. So, while I apologize if that makes you feel that way, I disagree. All four of you are unique in the way you all present yourself, and are probably one of the best teams in the world. And returning to the matter of the book, I'm faster than you. To the point where I can go unseen by people because I move so fast. Our lovely, little tussle should have made you realize that. While I do admit you're powerful, you can't exactly run away. And if you carried it, you'd become a target. Should a challenger, that was stronger in magic, find you, well...you'd be an easy target. I may be an old man, but I don't want to see you truly die, and that image does include all four of you."

Matthias I... Need to explain something to you... Wisp said slowly, his hovering becoming more gentle and steady, I have been getting a lot of new feelings when it comes to Ms. Dollie... When I told her how important she was to me and what I was feeling... She said that I was just as important... So... I don't want you to see Dollie anymore... You've had your time together but she has feelings for me now.

Matthias raised an eyebrow, a icy look spreading across his face. He was silent for a few moments, not trusting himself to speak. Finally, when he was a bit calmer, He took a step back to look at Wisp in its entirety. "No." He said quietly, "That's not your choice to make, nor can I grant you your request. That's Dollie's choice. If she decides our relationship is over, then you may do as you please. However, since she hasn't said anything even close to that, the answer is no." Matthias removed his bloody cloth bandage and let it drop to the floor.

But she said she feels that way about me... And you cannot be in a relationship with two people, isn't that how it works? Wisp asked naively.

"You'd be correct, Wispy. And since I am dating her, you cannot. And I refuse to end a relationship that I'm perfectly happy with, especially since Dollie feels the same way. I'm sorry..." Mathias started to say, then frowned, as he felt something wasn't quite right. Using his uninjured hand, he checked to see why his chest hurt. Finding it nearly immediately, he pulled his hand away to stare at some red liquid on his fingertips. "...Well, shit. I guess that's why I haven't been able to breath too well..." He muttered softly, the shock of the gunshot wound fading away, so Matthias could feel the pain in it's entirety.

Wisp barely noted the wound, assuming it would be fine due to his undeath, But she said she feels the same way about me too, we can go ask her, she'll say what I'm saying.

Sitting down, Matthias breaths grew sharp and slightly ragged. "Wisp... go get help. Find either Diablo or Dollie... but hurry... I think the bastard got my lung..." Matthias asked shakily, gritting his teeth as the pain set in.

I could leave you... And no one would know...Wisp replied ominously, But you're my teammate... Even if you can be a jerk... I'll come back as fast as I can.

Wisp quickly set off to find Dollie, using his demon sense to locate the unique signature of her soul.

Dollie was in her office, tending to sorting out medical supplies when Wisp found her, also sensing a second, faint energy.

Ms. Dollie! T- Matthias is hurt! Wisp spoke quickly.

That immediately turned her head, “What?! Where?!” She shrieked in fright, dropping a potted plant.

He got shot in a mission… Follow me! Wisp replied as he led her out of the room and towards T.D’s location.

Dollie knelt by T.D.’s side, placing her hands on the wound and healing it rather quickly after pulling out the bullet. “Are you okay…?!”

Last edited:

Black0ut

Love and Loss, Part 3

Matthias nodded, “I’m pretty good, although nearly getting killed did put a damper on my mood. Should’ve made sure I was ok, at least before I left…” He trailed off, nodding at Wisp, “Thank you, Wispy.”

“I would ask what happened, but I’m sure that would just make me worry more.” Dollie sighed, sitting next to Matthias and hugging him.

Matthias returned the hug, a smile stuck firmly on his face. “Well, if I look pretty bad to you, you should see the other guy. By the way, Wisp and I were having a pleasant talk with each other. There shouldn’t be any more fighting between us.”

About that Dollie… I have a question I would like to ask you… I think we both do… Wisp turned to her.

“And what might that be?” She asked curiously, tilting her head to the soul core.

You told me I was important to you right? That you had the same feelings for me that I did for you? That you care about me? Wisp asked the succubus sincerely, floating happily before her.

“I do, because you're a dear friend to me.” She paused, “That is what you meant, isn't it?”

Friend…? But… No… I-I meant I l-... love… you… It hesitated.

“I- oh… Oh dear…” Dollie muttered, “I'm sorry…”

What do you mean…? Why are you sorry? Did I do something wrong?

“It's nothing you did, Wisp…”

Then… Why are you sorry? You said… You felt the same way…

“Because I thought you meant just as a friend, not like… Like that…”

Oh… So… You don’t… Like me… Like that? Not… At all…?

“... N-no…”

Oh… Okay… Wisp replied slowly, his hover faltering, I-I… I hope… You and… T.D. have… a good life together…

Matthias stood up, and walked directly in front of Wisp. He mumbled something, before saying in a louder voice, “I’m sorry… Wisp. I...don’t like seeing anyone sad, so...” Matthias took an amulet out of his pocket, followed by a large ring with purple gem, and offered them to Wisp. “The amulet allows its wearer brief bursts of invisibility, and the ring should allow you to more easily retain your guise. I’m… sorry this happened. I should have persuaded you before you asked Dollie…”

Matthias are you… Proposing to me? Wisp replied in a puzzled voice.

Matthias gave a confused look, followed by a sudden understanding of the situation. “No, I’m not proposing… I wanted to give you some magical artifacts of mine that should help you out in a future mission.” He responded gently, tilting his head slightly.

Oh… I just thought… ‘Cause of the ring… I’m bad at this… Wisp turned to face Dollie once again, I am… sorry for all the… confusion… maybe someday… we will laugh at this… Ha...Haha… Ha…

Dollie looked between the two, leaning against the wall where she sat, some pain in her expression from feeling badly about Wisp.*

Are you okay…? This is my fault for not… Understanding… Don’t feel bad…

“I can't really help but feel bad… I don't know what else to feel…”

Matthias lowered his head, feeling the current situation was a result of his refusal to explain to Wisp what truly was going on, and what Lydia had meant. “Hey. This isn't either of your faults. It’s mine. I should have tried to explain what I meant a bit more clearly, when I talked with you Wisp. And I should’ve seen this event coming, but my arrogance and pride...well, I was too full of myself to see the signs. So… I-I owe each of you an apology…”

“I don't see a need for you to apologise to me, dear. But, then again that's your choice.” Dollie said softly, looking up at the undead.

“Well, I certainly haven’t helped matters, Lydia. At best, I ruined your relationship with Wisp. At worse… I’m every bit of the monster Wisp was telling you.” Matthias said, as he went to lean on the opposite wall.

Dollie… I have one more thing to ask… Wisp spoke suddenly, interrupting the flow of the conversation, For a while I’ve been detecting a second soul signature coming from you, albeit weak, do you know what it is?

Dollie's face lit up red, “W-well, uhm… I can explain that, yes…”

Matthias shot a curious look at Dollie, as he stopped leaning against the wall. “Why do you have two souls? I thought you only had one soul to yourself? Why do you have two souls?”

She gave a sigh, biting her lip nervously before saying “Because the second one isn't mine… It’s because… I-...” She paused a moment, “I’m pregnant… That's why.”*

Matthias’ jaw dropped, the new hitting him harder than any weapon could. It took him nearly a minute to compose himself, as he babbled out his confusion and surprise. “S-so… you’re pregnant… a-and…” A smile spread across his face, but he still couldn’t form a completely coherent statement, as he was at a loss for words.

Lydia was slightly taken aback by how well the news was taken, but nodded back at Matthias as she stood up.

Matthias walked over to Lydia, forgetting that Wisp was in the room, and held her hands gingerly. He didn’t say a word, but his eyes seemed to twinkle with happiness. He leaned down and kissed Lydia’s cheek.

Wisp simply stood silently, petrified almost, as the words from both of them passed through it.

Lydia didn't seem to notice this, simply relieved by the reaction Matthias gave as her face became redder after he kissed her cheek. *

I am… happy for you two… I-I-I… have to go… Wisp stuttered out as it bolted out of the area, quickly turning a corner and disappearing from view.

Black0ut

A close encounter

Smallelvenprince as Nathanial

Black0ut as T.D.

A skeletal figure walked down the hall of the Demon Society HQ, as small lights within T.D.’s eyes began to sputter, almost as if he were drunk or tired. Finally, he walked into an open corridor, and began to totter dangerously, his tired, worn out appearance suggesting something was wrong. Without a noise, he fell to the ground, and looked up, not at all surprised to find a sleeping creature floating near the roof. He grunted and closed his eyes, trying to catch the precious sleep that had begun to elude him.

The grunt awoke the half elemental upon the ceiling, causing him to fall to the floor. With a groan, he sat up and rubbed an aching head, then seeing the undead, “You alright there, my guy?” He asked in concern.

In a short span of time, the collapsed, armored undead had drawn a blade and held it close to the elemental’s neck, his eyes blank of any light. Raising a finger to his skeletal grin, he attempted to fall back to sleep.

Nathanial froze in place out of fear, slightly trembling. He slightly backed away when the blade was no longer at his throat, afraid for his life.

T.D. grunted, realizing that he'd missed his opportunity to sleep. His eyes burst to life, with similar brilliance to a fireworks show. Standing up, T.D. towered over the elemental, his eyes settling on a blood-red. “Who...are...you?” He asked dramatically, his voice sounding dry and scratchy.

“I-I’m Nathanial… Nathanial Bianchi…” He managed to squeak, still on the floor as he looked up at the revenant.

“Nathanial Bianchi, eh? Do you know what it's like to die, Nathanial? Or how bone tiring it is to be an undead?” T.D. asked, inching the sword to once again to reside next to Nate’s neck. “Listen; I don't have aI bone to pick with you, but if you EVER Y disturb me while I'm napping, I assure you'll feel an absolute skele-ton of pain.”

“Y-yes sir…” Nate squeaked, trembling even more than he already had been.

Removing the blade from Nate and sheathed his blade, so fast that the blade seemed to disappear, as if it hasn't been drawn in the first place. “So...Bianchi. Why are you at D.S. headquarters?”

“Well, I was looking for a little snowy kitten I know, but I got lost, aaaand I fell asleep.” Nate explained, finally standing up.

“Yet you stumbled upon a wolf that looks out for that ‘kitten’, boy.” The undead replied coldly, his swords returning to the elemental's neck.

A small yelp of surprise escaped the hellhound of a boy, though more like a puppy of one than anything, “Y-you must be T.D., then… n-nice to meet you…?” Nate stammered, his form faltering to a small, flame creature. A much squeakier voice then almost screamed “Please don’t hurt me!!”

The flames in T.D.’s eyes diminished, his anger slowly ebbing away. “...Then don't treat her like a… prostitute you can visit at any time. She is a lady of good pedigree and I shall not allow a vagabond, like yourself, to speak ill of her. Do it again, I take a hand. Are we clear?”

“I promise I never once treated a woman like that, never will either, especially her… honestly she’s too good for me, but I guess she sees something I don’t about myself…” Nate somewhat rambled as he slowly returned to his usual form, curled up on the floor, “She’s smart, beautiful, and can kick my ass at any time. If she did, truth be told, I wouldn’t even be mad. I’d thank her for so much as making contact with me. I don’t know what I did to make her interested in me, let alone keep seein’ me, but clearly I’m doing something right… I just hope like hell I don’t screw up and make her mad at me or somethin’...” He continued, hiding his face. His demeanor suggested he truly thought he didn’t know why Winter was with him, and his tone like she was out of his league by a long shot.

T.D. paused, considering what his next action should be, before impaling his swords into the ground, both right next to Nate’s head. “Should you break her heart, I'll make sure to take yours. Besides, I haven't had a snack in many centuries, I could definitely go for a fire elemental,” The undead growled, sniffing the air with a non-existent nose, “Or half of one. You wouldn't believe how evil I could be… Or how ravenous my appetite for the living is. Just remember that if you try and be smart with Winter.”

“Fair enough, but uh… Kinda would be hard to, since I’m not even sure I physically have one…” Nate admitted, “Elementals don’t have any organs, but I’m not entirely elemental, so I don’t know… and I don’t know what my other half is…”

T.D.’s eyes went yellow, his hunger overpowering him. After a couple seconds of looking at Nate hungrily, he murmured, “I haven't eaten Dwarven meat in a long time… I wonder if I could take a tiny slice with me… sure Winter wouldn't mind...”

Nate took a moment to think, “Well, explains why I’m so short… and I guess if you really wanted to…” He held out his arm to T.D., a bit like an offering as he shut his eyes.

A plethora of colors fought for control, finally settling on white. “I haven't eaten anyone in a long time, and I plan to keep it that way.” The undead explained, grabbing and sheathing his swords. “I take that as an offensive statement, given my views. Turn around, walk the other way, and don't say anything, before I lose the tiny amount of control I have…”

Nate retracted immediately, “I apologize… I-I didn’t know…” He said as he stood up, turning and beginning to walk away.

As Nathanial walked away, T.D.’s left eye shifted into a different color, as did his right. His left became a golden color, while his right became blood-red. “N-no… not here… n-n-not now…” He murmured, as he fell to his knees, trying desperately to combat his ancient vice.

Nate paused, turning back to T.D., “Are you okay?”

A sword flew past Nate, slicing his cheek open, as T.D. said in a series of clacks, “G E T T H E H E L L O U T O F H E R E”, his hunger nearly let loose.

Nate then started running, fearful for his life, as he ducked into a vent, escaping T.D. the same way he did Henry when he met Blue.

ExoGrim

New People

ExoGrim as Shela and Mandane

Smallelvenprince as Nathanial

Nate was dashing through vents, this way and that, trying to get as far from T.D. as possible, when the bottom of a particularly old section of vent gave way under him, causing him to fall on someone.

The young man had short, brown hair and very wimpy glasses. His clothing was that of the robes of a traditional monk. He lead out a small, “Ouch,” before trying, and failing, to get up.

“Shit, sorry…” Nate got up off of the man, helping him up as well. “You okay?”

“Y-y-yes, I’m fine,” The man said with a stutter, “I-I-I should be the one t-to blame. This place isn’t the m-most stable.”

“Don’t worry about it, wasn’t your fault the vent gave way.” Nate said, oblivious to his cheek still bleeding from where it was split open.

“Y-you should s-s-see a doctor for th-that,” The man said with concern.

“Huh? Oh, that…” Nate seared the wound shut, leaving a bright pink mark with some blood stains around it. “What’s your name, anyway? Never seen you around before.”

“My name is M-M-Mandane,” The man responded, “I’m a n-new recruit. I’m looking for a w-woman named Shela.”

“I can at least take you to her office, if you’d like.” Nate offered, smiling warmly.

“S-s-sure,” Mandane replied weakly.

Nate gestured for Mandane to follow him, leading him to Shela’s office.

Mandane sighed, thank god, she was going to kill me if I didn’t see her before we got the other members over. Blast it! The least she could’ve done is give me a map of the joint!

“Somethin’ the matter?”

“Oh! N-n-nothing.” Mandane said, surprised by the question, “Why d-do you ask?”

“Was the way you sighed is all.” Nate replied, “Not sure if she’s in, buuuut if not she should be back at some point.”

Mandane cleared his throat and nervously knocked on the door. Shela answered with a simple, “Come in.”

“Found someone lookin’ for ya, Shells.” Nate said casually upon entering with Mandane, leaning in the doorway.

A man was in there with her. He looked similar to her. Same black hair, same red eyes, same slender build. He looked at the two people at the door and asked, “Shela, who are these two?”

“Nate, Mandane, this is my brother Zeke,” Shela said, “Zeke, these are the new recruits named Nathanial and Mandane.”

“Nice to meet ya, Zeke.” Nate said with a grin.

“Nice to meet you too,” Zeke said, playfully rubbing Nate’s hair, “We need more energetic recruits like you.”

Shela, looking nervous, asked, “Can I speak with Mandane alone?”

“‘Course, all you needed was to say so and I’ll be outta your hair.” Nate agreed compliantly, leaving the room.

“Welp,” Zeke said, stretching, “I have a meeting to go to with a few new recruits, I’ll be on my way.”

Out of sheer curiosity, Nate leaned on the door, ear keenly listening to the two in the room.

“How the hell do you get lost in the Demon Society of all places!” Shela exclaimed, still silent enough to not be heard by the other workers.

“You’re the one who sent me here without a bloody map!” Mandane snapped back, “You’ve been here longer than I have, you should’ve know that I had no idea where every was!”

Well, guess that was what was wrong… Nate thought to himself, continuing to listen.

“You know for the leader of the Sins of the Round Table, you’re pathetic sometimes,” Shela retorted.

A sound of a punch emerged from the door, “You better not question my leadership again, you got that?”

Nate flinched at hearing the sound, but still continuing to listen to see if everything was still at least somewhat okay.

Nate suddenly sound himself in the room, in the of Mandane, “Looks like someone overstayed their privilege.”

“I- … okay, yeah, I’m not talking my way out of this, am I?”

“No, not really,” Mandane said, lifting his fist to punch Nate’s neck out of his body.

“Wait,” Shela said, “Perhaps we can make use of him. Think about it, he can talk to people we can’t.”

“... I can?”

“Yes, you girlfriend isn’t the easiest to get info out of,” Shela said, “If you really love her, perhaps you can risk your relationship for her life.” A devilish grin spread across her face, “It’s your choice.”

“... Fine, but if you so much as hurt her, you’re both toast. Literally.” Nate said after a moment of thought.

“Good,” Mandane replied, “Also, you can’t tell anyone about us and our work, that will also be on your ‘snow kitten’s’ life.”

“Deal.”

“Now, get to work,” Mandane said as he threw Nate to the ground.

Nate simply nodded, getting up, but not leaving before asking, “Do I get anything for this other than my girlfriend being safe?” He asked reasonably enough.

“Yes, you get to keep your own as well,” Mandane replied devilishly.

“Fair enough.” He said, leaving the room.