X-COM THINK TANK (Out of Character Discussion about X-COM and the Series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Don't sell yourself short. I just have a bit of time on my hands, years over books, shows, and movies to inspire me, and an obsessive need to edit my work. There are plenty of people here half my age that are just as good, if not better.
I really enjoy your work though you are great at it.

PrismaCube

OMG really this website didnt tell me again that you all wrote something and so I have been afk again....oh how I have missed you webiste xD

Zain Shah

I'm glad that everyone (or almost) is back on. I was getting worried when the site came back up that all of you guys weren't coming back however I was gladly mistaken.

PrismaCube

It always bugged me that XCOM had female operatives but not EXALT. Nice edit Zombie :p

Same here I mean you could make an entire second RP out of exalt, I they could have done so much more with them, in the end it was just to meet fans request. But not to its fullest >_> I mean where is there a point to the end fight in the base? No leader nothing, no big story plot twist just base and bam. Exalt gone forever, hence the reason why I "wanted" to RP next Season as the Exalt leader. If that will ever happend. But then again I'm still for a own RP without vid. or game rules. Would anyone join me on that?

DarkGemini24601

I totally would...especially since I'm a huge idiot. I thought MarkOfWisdoms guy was my own, then realized he had the exact same callsign as me, so I may have lost my chance to get in Squee's rp and pissed everyone off in the process. >_<

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
It always bugged me that XCOM had female operatives but not EXALT. Nice edit Zombie :p
Yeah, it never made any sense to me. From an in-universe perspective, it seems like a waste of good potential for the sake of sexism, while from a game-mechanics perspective it just feels lazy, since the Exalt soldiers all look this same except for equipment. That's why I loved PrismaCube's idea of clones, and with that taken, I went with the good, old fashioned "mooks that act so superior and follow their orders so mindlessly, they might as well be clones" approach. More on that idea on the second half of the mini-story.

DarkGemini24601

So considering that I'm probably at the bottom of Squee's list if I'm on it at all, and I wish death upon no one (As well as knowing this community had a bunch of things in mind for season 5), I say we should start recruiting people for Prisma's proposed videoless roleplay if enough are interested.

The problem with waiting for season 5 roleplay is that Chris would have to fail the current playthrough. If he doesn't it'll be months before he gets to the endgame, and then he might have to grind psi xp/meld/elerium or maybe he'll just die to king sectopods.

Also, I think this picture is very true of long war.
I6tI7LO.jpg

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I totally would...especially since I'm a huge idiot. I thought MarkOfWisdoms guy was my own, then realized he had the exact same callsign as me, so I may have lost my chance to get in Squee's rp and pissed everyone off in the process. >_<
Well, like you said, you had the same call sign. Sounds like an honest mistake, brought on by your excitement about possibly getting in. In the words of Lenny Leonard:
250px-Lenny_Leonard.png

Eh, everybody makes mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

DarkGemini24601

*does a headcount* We do have 11 people that have posted since the site returned from the abyss, more than I expected. It might be possible, though if we do our own rp we might need to find a way to recruit a few extra people if we plan on having a one-character-per-person deal. Either that, or someone's going to play the minor characters and only a few soldiers/personnel would be actual characters.

(Also, thanks for the reassurance Zombiesplitter.)

Frostlich1228

*does a headcount* We do have 11 people that have posted since the site returned from the abyss, more than I expected. It might be possible, though if we do our own rp we might need to find a way to recruit a few extra people if we plan on having a one-character-per-person deal. Either that, or someone's going to play the minor characters and only a few soldiers/personnel would be actual characters.

(Also, thanks for the reassurance Zombiesplitter.)

Yeah, I'll be a part of Prisma's Rp, Sounds like fun, Especially if long war won't be done for months :)

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
A while back me and a couple of guys were thinking of doing a XCOM manga but the guys have all gone AWOL since Not-So-Judgement Day for GLG and now i have this characters I have in lock up right now so I would love to do a non-vid rp, yay for the Internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.