X-COM Season 2 - Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
X-COM SEASON 2 JOURNALS

Welcome back to Season 2 recruits. I'm ecstatic to have you here. This area is for the squad members to post their journals and for civilians to interact with them.

Squad members, I'd appreciate if you use the following template as a guideline so it's easy to spot your post. If you are not on the squad, you can still post here and interact with the recruits. Just remember, they are all in character. Feel free to ask them questions or commend them on how they did in the field.

Journal Template:

Name:
Current Rank:
Mission Name:
Mission Objective:
Kills This Mission:
Total Kills since joining XCOM:
Promotion? If so, which ability chosen?
Journal Entry: (Roleplay your character)

Nukey

Name: Nukey
Current Rank: Rookie
Mission Name: none
Mission Objective:none
Kills This Mission:
Total Kills since joining XCOM:
Journal Entry: feburary 20, 2015

So here we are barracks 001/1a. As i settled in, i was looking arround. Damn this place is amazing, i did some exploring and was greeted by my other team mates all anxious for what lies ahead. Waiting for our commander, what i heard from him a exellent tactical master and takes good care of his men. damn proud to serve under his command. As i walked to my bunk, i took out a picture of my girlfriend and was struck by extreme sadness and hate.

( flashback time :D) : Few months ago, judgement day, they arrived. Europe was on of the first continents to be hit. especially Belgium. i was on patrol on the Belgian fregat BNF Leopold 1 in the Red sea for Somalian pirates when it happend. they came by the thousands, we did what we could on our part of the world, but at home in Belgium , our port of detachtment in Zeebrugge was destroyed , everthing whiped out. clever buggers these aliens they knew where and how to hit us hard.

After the first wave we quickly cruised home to defend what left. when we arrived it was a war zone. I remember well stupid greys , i'll always remember their smell. We fought em valiantly and after a few days we could lay quai of what left of zeebrugge. We dispatched search and rescue crews to the surviors. what an abomination... mutilated bodies everywhere. after a few hours walking , i was finally here whats was left of my house, family... nothing , smouldering ruins , here and there some clothes and old pictures half burnt away. as i searched the rumble and found one intact photo. I held it on dearly as i screamed my lungs out, and swore revenge on those who did that.

Weeks later, as we fought these creatures form another world, we heard of the Xcom initative. man those guys were awsome. they were led by the legendary commander Odd. they had the latest weapons and gadgets. they passed here a few times for terror missions in Europe.
i heard there were openings so i enlisted. by some miracle i was chosen for the first wave. I was so happy, finally time for some real payback. They said commander odd will tell you personally when you can come to their base in Argentina , south America.
But the call never came. As i saw other go , i envied em with all my hart, but later on , loved and supported em with all my heart.

Then 2 weeks ago the day of Great salvation. its was both a day we would all remember as when the world was saved and both great sorrow as we lost a great hero: "Colonel Grelite". damn he was a awsome sniper. what he did that day was the ulitmate sacrifice and we all owe him a big one. since then we could enjoy a little breather we defeated em .

but alas they come back in force and stonger then ever. and that when i heard the second Call. Commander Odd needed recruits again. i hastenly signed up again

And here we are now present day : Finally a second chance , but this time they are really gonna get it.
Me and my team mates were at the bar waiting, who could go , and where is the new base gonna be, none of us knew
only commander Odd knows. and as we were having beers and having fun at the pool talbe in a rainy night.
A dark figure came in the bar, it was Him commander Odd, with the list
we all stood in line, all looking nervously, as he called names i prayed.
One name afther the other fell , but not mine...
then the delivery moment the last name, would i be chosen,...

end journal

Lethbridge_Gin

Name:Trevor Conan
Current Rank:Rookie
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective:N/A
Kills This Mission:N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM:0

March 1st 2015
I signed up for the X-Com Program for the big payday as a mercenary in my life it will pay for my wife and kid back home in Canada and I'm here in Asia. A whole sea Between me and my family. i can remember few days before my plane trip to Asia i called my family and asking about what happened today that my wife and kid went to a fun fair and she says that your son had a good time at the fun fair and i say can you tell my young Gin Conan to go to bed and say good night to your dad and i am sorry i can't come to you at the fun fair and my wife tells me that she miss me too and say i be back soon when this job ends.

Now after a hard day of testing how good i was on my aim and had mental tests and i have results that my Aim was at 60 and my mental test was a low 27 and after the test i asked i can call my family in Canada they say it is OK so i went off to hear their voices again i fell like it was forever since they were at home and saying just fine and i say i was just fine here in Asia and i say i will get something for Gin from here and say good night to them.

then the night the first team went on their mission and i get a call from my wife saying that odd things happened when you were gone like the odd meteors across the night sky landing and i just say there are just meteors landing that is all if you think things are getting bad over there go to your mothers house at Vancouver and their is no reason to think something is wrong. sometime later when the team came back my wife calls again and says that have you seen the news some thing happened in Australia and the news have no clue what is going on and i say if is thing is happening there to go to your mothers house as quick as you can and hold on i will call you each day OK.

And that was the first day in X-Com Was and the next few days that i will always remember for the rest of the time i had.

End Of Recording.......

Scruffy

Name: Sean Scruffson
Current Rank:
Mission Name: Operation Spectral Blade
Mission Objective: Sweep the abduction site and identify threats
Kills This Mission: 3
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 3
Promotion? Sniper, Headshot
Journal Entry:

Two weeks. Three hundred-thirty six hours of training without rest. That's got to be a new record. The scientists have given us some type of drug that could keep us fully awake for days at a time. I don't know how they made it but I think they're giving us longer lasting cocaine.

Haven't seen my baby Locorojo in that time. They say he's under Xcom custody and is being cared for. They said that I could see him after my basic training is completed. I've been in boot camp before, and that was NOT basic training. They had us throwing gernades 100 yards away. Most football quarterbacks can't even throw that far.

When I finally got some rest, I heard alarms going off. Commander Odd told me and three other soldiers to head into the Strike-One and we are going to stop some alien abductions and gain some info. We hurried into to large airship that brought me to this base and headed off to Australia.

One the airship, I thought about my family. I remembered so many happy memories with my fiance, and my brother. All of those memories, there might have been more to come if it wasn't for that bighead. I hope I see that thing on this mission, maybe some of its family, so I can tear it apart.

We went into the mission blind. No one has ever fought these things in an orginized fashion before. When we dropped down, all of us instictiveley took cover. My heart was pounding. We slowly advanced to take cover behind a large construction vehicle. One soldier, his name was Daven, called out three aliens. I could only take a glimpse at them. Next thing I know, I heard gunfire and a screech from an alien. More gunfire, I hear "enemy down". I coun't take not getting any action, so I move up. Next, I hear a click of a geernade and an explosion. Another target dead. The explosion torn apart the truck another alien was hiding by. It looked like the alien in my apartment, but much smaller. I was about to take a shot at it when hear noises behind me. I turn around and find three more of those things trying to flank me. I swing my rifle and shoot one of them right in betwwen the eyes. The others moved into cover. I moved up to a car as another explosion went off behind me. I guess another alien was killed. I get into cover and out of pure rage for my family, take the gernade and threw it right at the two aliens, both of them down. Mission ended.

Back at the base, I was promoted to sniper, probably because of my reaction pop shot. I also got to see Locorojo again, but he seemed different. He doesn't cry anymore and doesn't have any interest in his old toys. I wonder what the scientist did to him.

Nukey

Name: Nukey
Current Rank: Sq.
Mission Name: Spectral Blade , Perth Asutraila
Mission Objective: alien abduction
Kills This Mission: 1
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 1
Promotion: Assault : Run and gun
Journal Entry: March 1 2015

flashback time :D :
there were all at the bar waiting for our names: Sean Scruffson, Nukey VanHauwermeiren, William Davin, Thomas Witkowski
the cheer in the room was thundering. After a while it sunk in we made it , but with a good chance we also might die at some point so we drank like there is no tommmorow with commander Odd.

few days later we got our assigments. our new base is located in Asia, nice very nice. never went there certainly is gonna be intersting to know the area. weeks went by training homeing our skills. ass we trained i saw that sean had a keen eye, i bet his gonna end up a sniper at best. Me on the other hand i like to take it up close , i love to wring the neck of those greys , prolly end up as a assault.
William .... his a sepperate case, kind man , he likes to help people and i like him having my back and he prolly was a doctor in a previous life dunno :p. Now Tom dunno where he came from total mystery, but his a sturdy guy i'm also glad he has my back.

march 1 2015
Commander odd barges in our barracks and says: its time boys to earn your stripes, we got a live one. its going down under with the Aussies.
Gear up and prep were going.

Touchdown we arrived in Perth:
Same rainy night as we arrived at bootcamp. nothing more fitting for out fire baptsim a construction aera. and we have those dirty greys. i love to pop one on em with our new weapons :D :D. I have a feeling its gonna rain bullets and grenades.

as we scattered the terrain we saw a glimps of the horror that was waiting us. mangled bodies everywhere. what the hell happend here.
as we moved on, we heard a noise near the truck. there they were our first greys of the day or should i say prey's . sure as hell i'm gonna take on , or try getting one even if it kills me.

we each took our positions into cover and overwatched. silly creatures, one was dumb enough to show its face, we poped him like a raising honnor to William :D. Tom took the second one with a good grenade throw. damn it guys leave some for me there only one left back there .
we move up to take the last grey and suddenly from our left flank 3 more showed up from no where. luckely the keen eye of Sean took one out with his first shot. damn glad his on our team. now its up to me . took all my courage and i lobbed a nade to the grey hiding near the truck and bingo got him . pay back is a bitch . as we took cover again Sean valiantly took the initative and ran toward the last 2 and also threw his grenade and took both out, lucky shot :p. ah well

now for the dirty part. we were instructed by ms Vallen to bring back some corpes for further studies. if it were up to me i would have let em burn. but hey scientist also need their fun.

back to base:

to our great surprise we all got promoted. as i predicted in bootcamp Sean became our Sniper. William our Support and Tom our heavy as for me yours truly became a assault. perfect. gonna love it popping em with my shotgun. later that night we all went to the bar in the base. and we drank. a toast to our new team.
just wonder how we are gonna name our team. we looked at each other and thought of some pretty good ones but none really stood out. mybe were gonna need some more missions to find out.

end journal

Presariov

Name: Presariov Astaeri
Current Rank: Recruit
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 0
Promotion: N/A
Journal Entry:
So I guess they want us to wright in these things? Why do they look expensive knockoffs of the Kindle 10? Well, I DO like touchscreens. So, uh, today... I did things. And stuff.

Crap man, I haven't written in a journal since the sixth grade, how do you do this again?
Instructions:
This writing tablet
has been provided by
the X-COM initiative
to you, Soldier Name Here.
Your Command asks you to
please record your daily
activities, personal
mission perspectives,etc. in it.
We at ████ promise to not
monitor this journal.
Well, I guess that... kind of clears things up....
Alright. So, my name is Presariov, you can call me Pres. Don't ask me about my pointed ears or you will get a black eye or two. I am an ex-mercenary sniper and black market salesman. I just got news that my house was burnt down by aliens, so don't be surprised when I'm a little sarcastic and bitter.

I just introduced myself to a computer.
Anyways, the base is kinda cool. The hallways are super twisty and the lights are the fancy kind that are meant to simulate real sunlight, seeing as the only place to get it down here is in the aircraft hanger, and that's only when a plane is leaving. I'm tired and jet-lagged from the trip over here, bu t in the morning I'll start exploring the various corridors and rooms. For now, I'm going to ask around if any of my bunk mates want to start a game of cards or a DnD 5.5 campaign. I always play Half-Elves.
Journal End

Grelite

Dear Space Diary,

After our last endeavour in Muton Space, I have little hope for this red giant. The life here is so fragile that my bomber squads decided to save on power an ammunition by dropping the ashes of the natives on the remaining population. They offer no resistance and will soon be wiped out, we will have to move on tomorrow.

I have sent Glarbon forward to a yellow star not too far from here and the report he sent back was rather interesting. First prospects seem hopeful, perhaps we will find some potential. Though at first the population of this 'third rock from the sun' was getting bent over backwards faster than a Thin Man facing an angry Muton. However, when a set of their warriors appeared on the scene, the Sectoid Abduction Team on site was eliminated in a series of explosions.

After getting this report I ordered Glarbon to start research on the acquired humans and technology. Though the explosive nature of their weaponry seems primitive, perhaps it is still wise to find out exactly what they are capable of without catching the science of it all with our faces. We have perfectly good test-subjects for that sort of thing. I won't be the one to miss the Sectoids, but without them, what Psionics would we have to exploit?

What we do not have at this time is a name for this species. As usual, the Sectopods and Cyberdiscs are pushing for 'Meatbags', but we already rejected that for the last twelve races we encountered. We haven't come up with anything proper yet, but perhaps they have something they call themselves that works, otherwise we might just have to stick with Meatbags.

Rosen0x5

Name: Riki Maru
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion: N/A
Journal Entry:

I have been assigned to take part in the X-com project, direct orders from the president himself. For an advanced facility of tactical importance they expect us to wear pink armor?! I almost couldnt believe it. Upon my arrival, me and a couple of others were greeted by the commander himself who seemed like the tactical type fit to run this facility.

I also overheard one of the soldiers brought a child to this facility, which was something that I could barely stand. I fear for both the childs and our safety, nothing good can come out of this. Everyone was so open with eachother, so easy to trust. Everything I've been told is against this, trust only in yourself, put your life in the hands of no one but your own. We'll see...

Later that day the first batch of soldier was dispatched, suprisingly they returned unharmed and were promoted, each given a specific role by the commander. Lets hope he can see everyones potential and assign the correct roles for everyone.

As long as they think that I am a soldier like them i will not have trouble monitoring their progress. A report containing extracted classified information reguarding "Operation Spectral Blade" will be sent to T.G. by the end of the day. Afterall... they need to keep an eye on their investment.

jimark

Name: jimark kuhsplosion
Current Rank: none
Date: 2nd June 2015
Got told off for breaking into the weapons locker again, that's 3rd time this month. What can I say, I can smell the cordite from my room. Madre de dios them guards are strict on security. They say there's action above the surface, I don't know, TV signal is mierda down here, only updates come from the commander, still haven't met him, though my comrades all have a high opinion of him and I've heard he's a 'great guy' - fair, quick witted and brave. He better be, he's got the world to protect and the weapons locker here is packed with so many grenades and rocket launchers its like they're infinite, they all seem to be the same make and model though... I'll have to make some modifications like my shredder modification to the rocket launcher, though next time I'll charge the guy more than one box of cigars for the blueprints that cabrón infiel. Hang on, the guys are talking about Australia...

Zanza

Name: Thomas Witkowski
Current Rank: Squaddie
Mission Name: Spectral Blade (Perth, Australia)
Mission Objective: Neutralize all hostile targets.
Total Kills since joining XCOM:1
Promotion: Heavy (Fire Rocket)
Journal Entry:

It's been years since I last written a Journal. I figure that since I'm now risking my life, I should at least be keeping track of what's going on in it.

My first mission on the X-com crew had the team touching down in Australia. I always wanted to go to Australia, a real shame that it had to be like this. Anyway, we slowly made our way forward through the area. I ended up taking cover behind a construction crane. Not long after, one of those Aliens moved out from behind a truck that was a little bit further down the road. I opened fired; my shot hit the little bugger in the shoulder. As it staggered back, two of the other guys in the squad unloaded on it and took it out.

I caught more movement behind the truck. I thought it might have been another one of those aliens, so I chucked a grenade. I'm glad I did; the blast took out an alien and most of the truck. With the big rig out of the way, we could see a third alien. The little guy ran for cover as I heard gun fire go. Funny thing was that I didn't see anybody shooting at it. I found out after the mission that another group of aliens was trying to flank us.

What happened next was like a New Years celebration; explosions were going up all over the place. Needless to say there wasn't much left of those aliens.

When we got back to base everyone in the squad got promoted, but I overheard the commander getting chewed out for our groups liberal use of pyrotechnics. The irony of getting a rocket launcher as part of my promotion was not lost on me.

As I walked about the base, I saw the old guy from the squad, who took out that ambush by himself, with a baby, who was apparently his son. I couldn't stop the small smile from appearing on my face. I know this is terrible, but I felt relieved that I wasn't the only one doing this for personal reasons.

Kadratos

Name: Kael Kessler
Journal Entry:
I'm not going to bother with updating my status when I don't go on a mission, it will be the same as the last entry so if command really wants to know, they can just go check back there.
Arriving at the base I got a few odd looks, apparently some people had read my reason for joining and thought I was a man, not surprising although they did seem pretty welcoming after their initial confusion. There's only one other girl here so far, an Aribeth Dusk (She said she had an odd name since her parents were hippies but I think it's a great name) and already it's looking like we're always going to be outnumbered, us girls are going to have to stick together. While I'm talking about other recruits, there's a guy named Nukey and the way he tells the story of the mission the aliens were all dumb enough to try and fight in the first place. I really hope that attitude doesn't get him hurt in the future, the team needs at least one person crazy enough to talk as if we have the upper hand in this fight. Then we have Trevor Conan, the guy who joined this fight for the money. If I had to choose between money and staying with my family I probably would have stayed at home, but then again you gotta do what you gotta do. I haven't heard from Daven yet, but I'm sure to run into him sooner or later.
Commander Odd also went a little explosion happy with his orders this mission (and Witkowski got a rocket launcher so I guess command wasn't too upset about it) so all that we could afford to research was some study on the biology of these aliens he fought, but I guess some knowledge is better than no knowledge. Plus he's making a satellite and a medikit which I am really glad he decided to do this instead of trying to build more power, the base seems fine already but maybe that's just because we've only begun.
Finally I want to mention a man named Scruffson, it's remarkable that he's still able to fight these aliens after the trauma that he's been through, but we all have skeletons in the closet I guess. Just another reason why I'm doing this, some of us lost loved ones due to inaction and other of us lost loved ones due to forced action. After the mission I saw him with his child, but the boy was acting different than most children that age, I really hope he's alright... this reminds me of when Sarah and I were looking into adopting a child, what I wouldn't give to go back to a time when life was so much easier.

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews
Current Rank: In Training
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 0

Journal Entry:

March 1st, 2015: We had our first major encounter today. Well, not me personally. I'm still stuck in basic training. My asshole instructor can only hold me back for so long, though. Maybe if I try to force my way into Commander Odd's attention, he'll give me a chance.

Hm, probably a bad idea. I don't need anyone thinking I'm attacking him and pumping me full of lead. Everyone is on edge after our first major fight.

Speaking of which, I heard it was a resounding success. No injuries, six freaks down, lab techs are a little peeved over the boys using too many explosives, "damaging potential research materials", but the safety of the soldiers takes precedent. I hounded the guys for information on the aliens, and I think a few of them wanted to punch me when we were done, but they didn't see the freaks I was looking for. The ones they saw (I think the brass has started calling them sectards, or something like that) sounded like them, but the ones that attacked my family were larger and more imposing.

I don't know why I bother. Its not like I'm looking for the one that specifically killed my mother and brothers; Jessica put a bullet in its head. I can still remember the horrified look in her eyes when she did, and I can still practically taste that thing's blood and brain matter that hit my face like a bucket of chunky water. I just, I don't know, feel compelled to search them out, like some twisted desire.

Anyway, my head is pounding. I've been having these migraines ever since that night. Sometimes, I hear these garbled voices. They're faint, but I can almost make them out, and even though I don't recognize the words, I still feel like I can almost understand them (though I have no idea what a "Glarbon" is). Am I going crazy? Maybe I should see a doctor.....no, they might take me out of training, and I can't afford that. I'll just have to deal with it.

I'm supposed to be able to call Jessica tomorrow; I'm sure that'll make me feel better.

Mission Journal 1
Name: William Aronus Davin
Current Rank: Squaddie
Mission Name:Operation Spectral Blade (Perth, Australia)
Mission Objective: Sweep the abduction site, Identify threats and neutralize them.
Total Kills since joining XCOM: 1
Status: While physically healthy, I'm alittle mentally shaken with what happened today.
Promotion: Recruit ==> Squaddie
Journal Entry:
Oh man. I finally got my chance. I'm at XCOM. It's good to finally be getting a chance to help people again. But these aliens, they startled me. It's almost like I'm living in a story. Laser guns, aliens, the reality of it happening is staggering. It turns out we aren't alone. You would've loved to see it Kristina. You always loved the fictional stories. It's kind of insultingly ironic that it would become truth after you were gone. The world can be a cruel place sometimes.

At first touchdown you could tell something was completely fucked up. There were abandoned cars, roadblocks, and more. Commander Odd immediately took charge. He ordered me to fall into place along with everyone else behind some of the roadblocks as we advanced cautiously. I moved behind a backhoe and caught the first glimpse of the little buggers. Gray skin, reptilian eyes, no mouths. It honestly scared me. How does something communicate without speech? Body language? Telepathy? The idea is absurd. Anyway, after that first glimpse, Commander told us to keep and eye out and respond to any movement. Thomas quickly saw something and fired. The bugger got wounded bad. I'd wager bleeding out even. (Do aliens even bleed?) Kids got some great accuracy. I wonder if he's seen some combat? Nukey and I reacted seconds afterward. I'm not sure which one dealt the final blow but I know one of the aliens got dropped. Commander ordered me to move up to the alien container right in the middle of the street as Thomas threw a frag towards a storage container. He scored a great kill with that one. I really didn't want to get near that thing but I pushed my fears aside. I had to have faith in my Commander. After seeing Thomas's performance, Commander didn't rush in. He told me to take advantage of my position and hunker down. Sean nailed one alittle bit later. I don't know if I'm the only one that heard the scream, but I did. How does something scream when it hasn't a mouth? Nukey threw a frag right past my face. Another scream. Somewhere to my left, Sean blew up a car and took out three of the aliens in one move. I gotta remember to buy these guys a drink when we get back to the base. Commander Odd seemed extremely proud of us. I feel honored to have him as my commander.

sage harpuia

Name:Vash the Stampede
Current Rank: none
Mission Name: none
Mission Objective: killing some alien bastards and saving the world for Love and Peace!
Kills This Mission: none
Total Kills since joining XCOM: none
Journal Entry: Xcom has yet to receive me but I feel confidant that they will want me in the near future. I was quite concise with my recruitment application so i will add some more. I don't where I was born but I am Caucasian with short bright blonde hair and I have grown up in Japan under my adoptive mother Ray. My mother worked with an airline so we traveled a lot and when I was in America I become a very good gunslinger using the Mateba Autorevolver. I got the nick name Vash the Stampede from being so good.

Meaningofbread

Name: Aribeth Dusk

Mission Name: N/A (Soon!)

Journal Entry:

Boy oh Boy oh Boy! This place is amazing! Everything looks so cool and shiny! And you know what the best part is??? I GOT TOP BUNK!
Kael didn't seem to mind about me taking the thing, since we seem to be the only two girls in the area. Meanwhile, I managed to take a look at HQ, and THIS PLACE IS MASSIVE. My flat in Israel was small, so maybe it will take some getting used to.

One thing is for certain. My Parents would SO NOT APPROVE of this place. All the guns and military tech would probably make my parent's eyes explode. I saw some of the feeds, and it looks like this war is going to way different from the Police Force.

Anyways, maybe I'll invite Kael to a girls night out, I would really like to know about THE ONLY OTHER DAMN GIRL ON THE TEAM.

(Hugs for home!)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name:Kasagi Ayame
Current Rank:Rookie in Reserves
Mission Name:NA
Mission Objective:NA
Kills This Mission:0
Total Kills since joining X-COM:0
Journal Entry:

I was able to get into X-COM easier then expected, thanks to them locating in Asia (though I'll owe my contacts a lot of favors if we survive this). I was hoping the location meant I'd be able to primarily use Japanese or Mandarin, my first languages, but the operation seems primarily American run. That's fine, though, its not like this is the first time I've spent extended periods of time speaking English.

Unfortunately, I'm somewhat late to the requirement party, so I'll be in training for quite a while. At least I'll get a chance to familiarize myself with modern firearms (I think the last gun I used was an AK sometime in the 50s). What sucks is having to share the training barracks with all the other trainees, almost all of which are smelly men trying to hit on me. I wonder what would be more of a turn off to them, the fact that this body is still, in a matter of speaking, only sixteen, or the fact that I'm not into men. Actually, now, I'm more afraid of how many would only be more excited by this news. I can't wait to get out of here; front-line soldiers, even rookies, get private rooms, usually with only one roommate.

Speaking of front-line soldiers that don't have to worry about some kōshoku hentai with crappy pickup lines, I met the only two women to make it to the front-lines yesterday, Aribeth Dusk and Kael Kessler. I expected them to be cold to someone who was still in training, but they were surprisingly friendly. I remember when Commander Odd made that inaugural speech, and Kessler's face flushed with embarrassment when he mentioned her sexual orientation. I know his heart was in the right place, but rúhé xiūrù! I suppose she should feel lucky though, considering how many lynch mobs I had to avoid when anyone found out about me. It is good to see someone allowed to be open about without ridicule. Not that I plan on propositioning her, mind you. After what happened to her last lover, I doubt she's in the mood. I'm just happy that, after spending so much time out of contact with a large group of people, I've found someone I can talk to if I need to get something off my chest, who won't snicker at the expression "getting something off my chest"

At any rate, I may not have a lot of knowledge with modern firearms, I've been around for a looooooong time, and I'm sure I can advise some of my fellow soldiers if they need it, though I'll have to do it without letting slip my past. Of course, if they keep doing as great of a job as they did on that first mission, they might not even need me.

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone
Current Rank: Nothing (Apparently I Am here because someone made a mistake in the paperwork and accepted one extra person so I am not Officially part of anything yet)

Mission Name: NA
Mission Objective: NA
Kills This Mission: 0
Total Kills since joining X-COM: 0
Journal Entry: Well here I am at X-com, Very Futuristic I must say, But I would have to expect the most cutting edge technology would be used to combat the aliens, As soon as I came in our C.O. Bradford told me to go and use my Manufacturing expertise to help Dr. Shen and his crew built Medi-kits in Engineering.
The Machines there were nothing short of mind-blowingly high tech, It puts our Russian machines to shame.
I must say though, I've never been out of Russia and Moscow, It is amazing here, Being close to Asia and North Korea is somewhat comforting, I am glad I was not shipped to America, Capitalist pigs.
After a lesson in how this Alien tech (Yeah, If the human stuff here is alien to me, just wait till we start to upgrade) works, I went up to the Bunks, I ended up on across from these two girls laying on their bunks chatting to each other non stop, So I covered my head in the covers so they wouldn't notice me (I think It worked) I know I should be more social now that I will be shedding blood with these people but I feel like an alien here (Ha).
In the Morning I should try and Find some Russian Recruits, Perhaps I'll have something in common with them, Here is hoping I guess (Heres hoping?...I think I said that right, Heard someone in the hall say it, look at me being the copycat eh?)

Base Journal 1
Cant sleep. My insomnia's always been bad but I think it's getting worse. Today's mission really affected me. I mean, real live aliens! My late wife, Kristina, always believe that we weren't alone in those universe, it's just cruel that lung cancer killed her before all this started. She would have been thrilled to even have word that aliens were real. Always loved the fictional, made up stories she did. I guess that's why I married her. Never wanted kids of her own tho. Always said she wanted to adopt instead. Saw Sean today with his son after we got back from the mission. Man like that, he shouldn't be here at XCOM. He's seen too much. Done too much. He should be relaxing with his family instead of being on the front lines. Of course, so should a lot of others too. The base is kinda claustrophobic. All these twisted hallways and small corridors. The hangar is a pretty big open space, but I just can't stand the constant noise of the jets. I'm really wishing I could gaze up at the stars right about now, but I'm not sure they would've held the same fascination they used to before I knew what was really out there. Maybe I can convince some of the others to let me grow some flowers or something. Something yellow, blue or violet. Get the place looking a little brighter in here despite the things that might happen.
I really gotta get something to do on these sleepless nights. Memory lane is a great place to be, but sometimes, I'd rather not take a trip there. Maybe I can get some books from some of the scientists. -end journal-

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Anna Stone
Mission Name: NA
Mission Objective: NA
Kills This Mission: 0
Total Kills since joining X-COM: 0
Journal Entry: Well here I am at X-com, Very Futuristic I must say, But I would have to expect the most cutting edge technology would be used to combat the aliens, As soon as I came in our C.O. Bradford told me to go and use my Manufacturing expertise in Engineering.
The Machines there were nothing short of mind-blowingly high tech, It puts our Russian machines to shame.
I must say though, I've never been out of Russia and Moscow, It is amazing here, Being close to Asia and North Korea is somewhat comforting, I am glad I was not shipped to America, Capitalist pigs.
After a lesson in how this Alien tech (Yeah, If the human stuff here is alien to me, just wait till we start to upgrade) works, I went up to the Bunks, I ended up on across from these two girls laying on their bunks chatting to each other nonstop, I know I should be more social now that I am will be shedding blood with these people but I feel like an alien here (Ha).
In the Morning I should try and Find some Russian Recruits, Perhaps I'll have something in common with them, Here is hoping I guess (Heres hoping?...I think I said that right, Heard someone in the hall say it, look at me being the copycat eh?)

Приятно познакомиться, Анна. Меня зовут Ayame. Это хорошо, что другая женщина на силу. Я с нетерпением жду борьбы наряду вашего приезда.

Translation: Nice to meet you, Anna. My name is Ayame. It is good that the other woman on the force. I look forward to fighting alongside you soon.

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--First of March, Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Well, today has been an interesting day. First, my CO gave me an honorable discharge, dunno why, and told me to pack my things. Right after I finished and left the base a few men in suits assaulted me and knocked me out with a combination of chloroform, a pair of stun guns, and a billy club. Memories are foggy for the next while, most likely additional doses to keep me out until they got where they needed. Next thing I know I’m dumped outside some facility in piss knows where, bound and gagged. More suits showed up, and took me inside. Then I’m untied and shoved into something that had eerie similarities to an interrogation room, with yet another suit-type waiting inside. I tossed the gag into a nearby waste basket, and sat down in the offered chair. Next thing I know, I’m being told that due to...the February Thirteenth Incident, I have been called to serve humanity once again, and yada yada yada, I told him to shut up and get along with it. Then, in a dead serious tone, he said, “Mr. Foulke, we need you to join the X-COM Project.” I asked what the hell the ‘X-COM’ project was, and he told me that it was an anti-alien UN Defense Council task-force. I asked if he was joking, he said no. My mind was telling me to decline, but I got the feeling that if I said no, I’d be leaving in a body bag. So, I said yes.

Suit clapped his hands together, and got up and left, motioning for me to follow. I do so, and find myself in a barracks, with other soldiers and base personnel moving around doing stuff. I’m directed to the barrack facilities, then told that when the time comes, I’ll be called to X-COM HQ. Until then, training. Joy. Joy. Joy. And now that I’m finished with this journal entry, I need to sleep the sedatives off, irony unintended.

Oh yeah, ‘fore I sign off, received word that first encounter was a resounding success for humanity. Good for them. Hope I never have to be called to serve along them. Nerve might not hold.

Foulke, out.

Status
Not open for further replies.