X-COM Season 2 - Journals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostlich1228

Приятно познакомиться, Анна. Меня зовут Ayame. Это хорошо, что другая женщина на силу. Я с нетерпением жду борьбы наряду вашего приезда.
я прошу прощения за игнорирование вас, ее только тот факт, что большинство людей, с которыми я дружбе конец вверх пропавших без вести или погибших

Translation: I'm sorry for ignoring you, its just the fact that most of the people with whom I have friendships end up missing or dead

Name:Tyler Prohaska
Current Rank:Rookie
Mission Name: N/A
Mission Objective:N/A
Kills This Mission:N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM:0

June 2 entry:

To be very honest I have no real idea what you want me to say. I was a simple man with a simple but great idea for a home and family that still haunts me to this day. The doc on staff here has checked me out a couple of times due to my lack of interest in socially interacting with my peers. To be honest it isn't that I don't want to talk to people it just is the brutal fact that I have nothing to really bring to the table with them. Many of my team mates have families or other ambitions to follow through on after this is over. My own single driving purpose is to kill as many aliens as I can before I die and go back to my Anna ............ to my family.

The routine I have set up is pretty simple really, I get up early and go and lift until my arms feel like they are going to fall off. Then I go and run until my legs can't take it any more before going to the shooting range. I view this less as a object lesson in insanity and more like a honing my own body to become a tool of death. Long before all of this my father insisted with the gentle pressure from my mother that I read the classics. Kind of hated all of them except for Moby Dick and Frankenstein. As I sit here writing this it strikes me as both funny and odd that I have become possessed with my own fury like Captain Ahab while becoming a terrible made creation of death.

I do promise this to you journal these two things alone. I will die before this is all over so these promises in large part do not apply to my personal safety. I will never fail my commander who has given me the means to kill and gain my vengeance, and if I can I will before I die write all of my happy memories of Anna and my family so they don't vanish. I can imagine that if you are reading this an odd mix of pity mixed with shock is registering at someone talking about their own death so candidly. To that I say this .................. it does not matter for the part of me that gave a damn about other opinions died on that day where I saw a woman that never hurt a fly crandling the broken,burned body of my Anna, I leave you with this quote that has stuck with me since that night of blood and pain.

Every time we get a lecture on the aliens or what we should do when we see them I think of Captain Ahab......to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.......with that I think I am done writing for the night.

End

Name: Jesse "Rex" Cooper
Current Rank: Rookie
Mission Objective: N/A
Kills This Mission: N/A
Total Kills: 0

This thing recording? Whatever, I hope it is, otherwise I'm just wasting my breath. As soon as I signed into the barracks, they told me to take either a tape recorder or a notebook and to keep a journal. Said something about us "making history" and wanting to "keep a record of the heroes" or some shit. I took the tape recorder, I ain't gonna write a diary like some little girl.

Anyway, after I set my stuff down, I made a bee line straight for the men's room; that Chinese take-out I had on the flight over here did not sit well with me. Let me just say, the toilets here are nice, they're clean, shiny, flush automatically, and are even quiet when you flush 'em! That's how you tell a place is top-notch, by the quality of their shitters. Sure, they spent a whole lot of dough on gizmos to dissect aliens and fancy robot things for the nerds to toy with, but they still had enough left over so I can drop a deuce in comfort. How thoughtful of the them.

Place is full of hard-asses, though. I had all of my chewing tobacco and cigars confiscated, they said that tobacco's bad for you and smokin' underground is highly prohibited, dangerous, and stupid. But they let me keep some bags of beef jerky and a box of Canadian bacon. God-damn, I'm hungry. Mess hall ain't open yet, but I think I can borrow (steal) a Bunsen-burner from the science lab and cook some bacon.

Heard that the first guys did some good work in Australia, killed six of 'em without any injuries. Good for them! Man, it's crazy to think about, I might get to shoot some aliens and stuff. I feel like I've been preparin' for this, playing Halo and shit. I should set up my computer, play some videogames! Highest priorities right now: computer, and a heater for my bacon. Gotta go!

Uh ... signing off, I guess? How the hell do I turn this damn thing off? I think it's this butt-

***RECORDING ENDS***

Name:Tyler Prohaska
Mission Name: Spectral Blade
Mission Objective:Neutralize Enemies make contact
Kills This Mission:0 Watching on replay
Total Kills since joining XCOM:0

June 3rd Entry

After my training today I watched the replay of the previous mission in Australia. The mission started with the kill squad finding cover behind a large piece of construction equipment. The commander was no shy about using grenades and reaction shots in order to ensure safe kills for the men. The accuracy of my fellow soldiers is amazing and several of them hit kill shots that I was shocked to see, it would seem that my own training needs to intensify in order to keep up with them.

As I continued to watch the aliens in question seemed small and grey but also seemed like they communicated through screeching noises to each other. As a group swarmed out over the burnt out hulk of a truck one of the rookies turned and hit one of them in stride with a beautiful shot that spun it around and shocked the others in it's squad into running for cover. Two more grenade throws and the mission ended in amazing fashion with no KIA and no wounded.

This would explain why the scientists have been examining small bits of things throughout the day and mumbling about "those damn gun happy soldiers". Looks like I will have to break my silence as it were and go talk to Scruffson, Nukey(Can't spell his damn last niame), Davin, and Witkowski about what it felt like to be in combat with these things.

Anna memory number 1:
In fourth grade I meant my Anna .... she had two braids in her hair using a red ribbon for one and a blue ribbon for the other. She was crying because she missed her mother who had gone out of town for a business meeting. I shared one of my cookies with her that mom had made......never told mom but I never did care for cookies.....which brought out the most dazzling smile I had ever seen. She from that point on the rest of that year at least called me cookie and we were inseparable.

Enough sitting the legs have recovered, time to go and hit the shooting range a bit more so I don't get told after my first mission to go back to basic.

End

Meaningofbread

Name: Aribeth Dusk

Staus: Bored silly

Non combat log 1 :

Boredboredboredbored.

Met some of the new girls, and jeez, that Anna girl needs to pull the stick out of her butt and relax. But that local girl... she gives me the willies. She always has this dead stare.

Is this thing even recording Kael?

Are you sure it is?

The light is red, doesn't that mean off?

Oh, Ok then. That's embarrassing.

Actually you know what? I think Jesse has bacon. I think I'm going to "borrow" some.

(Hugs for home!)

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone

Non-Combat Log 1 :

Well today I am significantly less stressed, finally got around to chatting with some of the other recruits, Sean Scruffson, an older gentleman with an troubled past, Jesse Cooper, Your stereotypical American Idiot with a pension for murdering things big and small (Might come in handy if he doesn't get us all killed by screaming his name as soon as he gets off the ship), Aribeth Dusk, One of the couple of girls here, she just seems too happy, too laid back, I overheard her recording her Log today, saying I should Pull the Stick out of my ass?!, Oh I am sorry, am I taking this world ending alien invasion too seriously? My bad...

Then we have Ayame, this local girl who seems to know every language on the planet for some reason, She is really nice, one of the only people that I can actually have a conversation with, she is really pale though, like she has just seen a ghost, она просто не выглядят естественными...(translation bot: it just does not look natural ...)

Still haven't found any other Russian recruits I know they are out there though, The staff here are very nice though, C.O Bradford is one of the few Americans I have met that doesn't have a personality akin to a Cheese Grater, Dr. Vahlen is very intelligent, a very sophisticated person, she got mad at Commander Odd for using to many explosives in the field and I agree with her, those Fragments may not seem like much but they are our Lifeblood, without them we cannot make progress.

Finally Dr. Shen, The Head of engineering is easily one of the most "Play it safe" people I have met, and that is a good thing, If there is one thing the Russian army thought me is that running head first into anything is a BAD Idea, When dealing with aliens, that is doubly true.

Well I am going to pull out some wood and start carving some figurines, only real hobby I have.

*End of Recording*

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

Personal Log: March 2nd, 2015

I've been walking around the base on my off time, trying to get to know everyone I can. If I'm going to trust my life to these people, I should at least learn their names, and who says the war to end all wars means I can't make a friend or two. That Prohaska guy seems kinda cool, and I can empathize with his plight, losing someone close.He didn't want to talk about it, so I didn't push it; no use in dragging sad memories out were they aren't wanted. I told him if he ever needed someone to lend him an ear, to let me know.

I overheard this ruckus between two of our female soldiers, Rookie Aribeth Dusk and Rookie-in-Training Ayame Kasagi. I only heard the tale end of it, but I think Dusk said if Ayame ever looks at her breasts again, she was "going down". Ayame just had a dumbfounded look on her face, and was muttering something that sounded Japanese, which I took in College but couldn't make out because it had bits of Chinese mixed in. I asked her if she was okay, and she said yeah, just embarrassed. I laughed and said "Why would she ever accuse you of that? You're a girl, why would you..." but I saw her face flush, and then I felt my face turn even redder. To my relief, she didn't seem to notice my potentially insensitive remark.

"I didn't mean to," she said, "I just haven't been around that many women so, you know, well endowed in some time. I mean, look at me! With this petite body, I bet she thought I was a feminine looking man, just because I introduced myself with my surname first. I can't help it if I'm stuck in the body of a sixteen year old."

"No, no," I said, suddenly feeling compelled to console her. I was about to say she looked much older, but I'm sure that would have just insulted her, so I said, "I could tell right away you were a girl, and some men....uh, people, prefer petite girls. I'm sure any, um, woman would go for you in an instant!"

She stared at me with a raised eyebrow for a moment, and I was afraid she would think I was just flirting with her despite her sexual orientation, but then she smiled, extended her hand, and said, "you're alright, .....?". "Call me Joe," I said, shaking her hand. "Wow, you're hand is kinda cold, you feeling alright." "I get that all the time" is all she said on that, and before heading out, told me she has connections, and to just let her know if I need anything.

Anna Stone seems cool. She seems a bit on edge in these unfamiliar surroundings, which I can relate to. This is a far cry away from Chicago. She doesn't have much trust in Americans, and there are some pompous Americans on base that aren't helping with that, some maybe I'll try to extend an olive branch to show we're not all alike. Ayame said she could get me anything; maybe I could ask her to get me a bottle of Russian Vodka. Wait, would Anna think I was stereotyping if I offered her it? Argh, what to do, what to do? Maybe I'll ask my sister next time I talk to her. She may be young, but she knows a lot more about women then I do.

Finally, I talked to the techs down in engineering. They weren't that interested in talking to someone still in training until I hinted that I might be willing to help the test out their equipment. They may see my as a test dummy, but I see it as an opportunity to familiarize myself with the tech before hitting the field.

zatch

Name: Zatch Vilochev
Current Rank: N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM:N/A
Well here I am..... in Asia ..... at xcom HQ... next to a bunch of other comrades.. doing my first journal entry..... ever.. . well I guess I should start with when I got out of prison. Jeez that seemed like such a long time ago.*flash back. "wake up #40982 todays your lucky day" says warden Julio Albertson. " Why would be if...... wait. repeat......" I try to say. " listen I know you just got to Japan. But try to work on you freakin American, you stupid Russian pig." . I ignore the insult as usual, ( it's bad, but I got used to it, Eventually) * rubs Knuckles. * end flash back.I haven't really talk to many Americans here. I think i'm going to stand back and watch for people I can realte with to become friends with. well that's all I have to say right now how do you turn this thing off............crash "oops sorry"...... click

Scruffy

Name: Sean Leftwich

After the mission in Austrailia, William Davin, our support, bought us some drinks. It was nice considering a job well-done on the mission, even though we didn't as much materials as Dr. Vahlen wanted. We all sat down at the bar and told each other our stories. We never really got a chance to do that before. Nukey was a bit of a jokester, making funny jokes, also getting drunk as hell. He remindes me of myself when I was his age. William seems like a helpful guy, someone I can really talk to and both have gone though similar experiences in the past. And Thomas Witowski, well, he didn't talk much. He didn't even drink (Nukey took care of that) or took off his helmet. He said something about his cousins deaths but that's about it. It's ironic because he probably going to be making the most noise down there in the battlefield with his explosives and machine gun. After we were done with our drinks, William and I went to the target ranges to practice, Thomas went to the explosives range, and Nukey went back to the bunks hammered.

Hueyk

Name: Huey Kruthas
Current Rank: Rookie
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion: N/A

Journal Entry:

Showed up at the X-COM HQ today. I am impressed so far with the professionalism of the crew down here. The lack of sunlight is going to get a little disturbing, but nothing I can't handle.

I was a little disappointed I didn't make the cut for the initial squad. Commander Odd told me that I needed to take some time to grieve the loss of my old squad in Seal Team 6. I guess I understand that, but I am a soldier damnit! You go into combat knowing that one or more of the squad might not be coming home with you.

I've been having dreams. Every night the same. I'm on a battlefield, mowing down rows of alien scum. Suddenly a white light overwhelms the area. When the light fades out, Witkowski is lying dead in front of me, and I know that it is one of my rounds that killed him.

It might be premonition of a possible future, but I think it's just because the guy creeps me out. You can never tell what he's looking at or what he's thinking inside that helmet. When I headed to the bunkroom last night, I even saw him sleeping in it. All he had on other than that were boxers. I just hope he at least takes it off to shower...

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Kasagi Ayame Ayame Kasagi

500-Nen no ma ni, watashi wa hazukashīde wa arimasendeshita! Aribeth Dusk actually accused me of ..... whats the words, ogling her chest. I wasn't staring at anything.....it was just a pacing glance. I was so embarrassed, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and almost plowed of some other soldier. He said he heard what happened, and I think I through him off when I mentioned I like women, but he still managed to say something nice. I was wondering if was just trying to save face, but he seemed to be sincere. Maybe I should have thrown him a bone and mentioned I'm a baisekusharu josei, but I hate the way men smirk when the find out a girl, what's the American expression, swing both ways. At any rate, he seemed okay, so maybe I'll talk to him later. After all, I got this weird feeling when I shook his hand. I should have sensed if he had any psychic abilities when I met him, so what was that.

Any way, I'll try to explain things to Aribeth when I see her again. I hear she is from Israel. I'll just tell her אני מצטער אם פגעתי בך בכל דרך, ואני מקווה שנוכל להתחיל מחדש. (Translation: I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, and I hope we can start again) And if she doesn't, I'll stick with Anna Stone. She's more my type anyway, and I heard she's upset with Aribeth too.

svenska

Name:Svenska
Mission Name:N/A
Mission Objective:N/A
Kills This Mission:N/A
Total Kills since joining XCOM:N/A
Promotion: Still no fucking promotion
Journal Entry:
Hi everyone, i'm back. Wait why am i saying everyone? This is a journal. Anyways ever since the incident of me isolating myself in MY room and losing my sense of feeling emotionally everything has been different. People have been looking at me differently whenever i leave the room. i think i know how rosen feels now. Speaking of rosen he's actually standing next to me now, he won't leave me alone, he keeps levitating all of my ~~~~~~~~~~~~__-----

Sorry he just lifted up my journal. Also the aliens are back. the fucking aliens, it's not that i hate them it's that they just attack without warning. they give no chance for negotiations or talks of peace. it's all very confusing and frustrating. But they attacked some place blah blah blah lasers blah blah blah green tentacles blah blah 'MERICA. Actually i think it was in australia. well i guess it was a bad idea banning guns. Whatever...

Oh yeah i also haven't been eating as much, but it's nothing to worry about i way like 50 kilograms and i'm 190cm tall so it's no big deal. Oh hold on someone's knocking on my door.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well i'm in the infirmary now. They told me i'm gonna have to stay here for a while because of some reason or another. But something weird happened on the way here. I was talking with rosen and they were all giving me weird looks and wrote stuff down but i guess i should be used to it by now.

After we got here they forced me to bathe, shaved me and cut my hair. But anyways it's time for me to go, the slaps on the back of my head are getting more persistent. So i'm gonna say goodnight to everyone and get to sleep. See ya.

Meaningofbread

Name: Aribeth Dusk

Non Combat log 2

Type: Text Log

Well.. unwittingly I just turned into the biggest bitch queen that XCOM ever saw. I'm so sorry you two.

Also, my karma wheel is going to go to hell because of this.

Anna: Sorry about being so brash, my thinking is “I'm front line right? That means I am going to die. Might as well have as much fun as possible before I go”. And I promise I won't make any more “Soviet Russia” jokes. Pinky swear.

Kasagi: Heh.... sorry for overreacting about that. I'm kinda insecure because of the situation back home.
And when I saw you, I kinda flipped out. I hope I can make amends in any way. Also, you need to work on that stare. Creepy as hell man. Try to blink. It helps.

So as my way for saying sorry, how about next mission, I take everyone out for a meal on the surface. (If we are even allowed to leave the claustrophobic place). Hopefully we can become friends. Maybe you can show us around China?

(Hugs For Home!)

Aribeth off.

Base journal 2
I've gotten used to the tight twisted corridors of this place. Still wish I could watch the stars and get some fresh air tho. Person could go stir crazy in an underground base like this, even if they do have almost everything you could want.
After the first contact with the aliens I expected to have groups sent off regularly. I wonder if the aliens, with all that advanced tech and smarts, decided to pull back and leave earth alone. I doubt it tho. They could be just staying low and watching us. Scary thought. I have yet to tell anyone else about this stuff, I wonder what they think. Haven't really heard from Commander Odd in a while. I hope the higher ups aren't giving him a hard time for getting a little explosion happy. Yeah, we might be able to learn some things from the stuff we bring back, but I believe survival should come first. The more troops we have, the better chances of us holding earth and fighting off the invasion. Safety in numbers and whatnot. The higher ups can't really deny that.
Shooting, reloading, throwing explosives, unit and battlefield tactics, it's becoming second nature to me now. I know it's one thing to pump targets full of lead, and despite the aliens invading and killing people, or worse, they're still living beings. Have I turned into a monster for not even caring about the thought of murdering another living thing in cold blood, even if that living being is something from god knows where in the universe? I don't know. I need to stop thinking about stuff like this. Maybe I'll challenge Nukey to a drinking contest and try and learn some of his secrets for holding booze. Might invite some others too. I could ask the women to come and hangout with everyone. I'm not sure if they even feel welcome among all us men because of who they choose to like. Hell, let's make it a formal dinner or something. I got enough money left over from the days of teaching med students. Maybe I can convince some of the kitchen staff to let me cook up some seafood. I know a damn good recipe for some lemon lobster crab cakes. If anyone's allergic to seafood, I can make a mean meatloaf. But what if someone's a vegetarian? This is gonna take some planning.....
-end journal recording-

BMPixy

Name: Richard Foulke
Current Rank: Trainee
Kills This Mission: Only thing killed recently is fifty-six hours.
Total Kills since joining XCOM: N/A
Promotion?: N/A
Journal Entry:

--March [REDACTED], Two Thousand and Fifteen--

Personally, never understood why people take daily logs of what happened. Most of the time nothing truly interesting happens during a given day, especially in my case, where it is just training, training, and more training. Haven’t bothered to get to know people here. From....the Incident, I know that all these people are likely to die faster than a roach stuffed into the barrel of an M2. Granted, that is only a VERY strong chance of it happening, so there may be some notable survivors, and humanity benefits, but I still see death approach.

Gah, and my psychologist said to try and focus on the positive. Alright, anywho, as I was going to say when I started this log, there has been a hell of a lot of training going on. Probably have gotten about....six hours of sleep in the past couple days, if I’m generous with the term ‘sleep’. Oh well, heard that after we pass a basic recruit proficiency test, we’ll be transferred to X-COM HQ, for final training, and possible squad acceptance. Hope that test comes soon, tired of endless drilling. I can still hear the Drill Officer’s commands, “Left, left, left-right-left, left, right face.’ Or something like that. Oh well, least the firearms training is decent. Feel my aim has improved a bit since I got here, able get six out of seven bursts on a human-sized target in fatal areas, with close grouping. Of course, against...Them....

Dammit, why’d they stick me in here? I am not a damn war hero! I’m a pissing coward, hiding in a dumpster while the real brave soldiers go out there and die, or worse! Am I being punished by some cosmic deity for my cowardice in the face of battle? Is said deity even on our side? Dammit. Dammit! Dammit!

The sound of fist on concrete is heard several times, intermixed with weeping.

It's useless.....we're all gonna die....our lives are forfeit, our backs will be broken, it isn't worth it, we're trying to gasp for air, but all we're doing is chokin'...

The recording cuts out.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Ayame Kasagi

March.....whatever, its hard to keep track when there is no sun, 2015

I went to have a talk with Dusk today, and to my surprise, she apologized to me first. She was so upset about everyone thinking she was the meinu joō I couldn't help but forgive her. After all, she's still young, and young people have a tendency to be a bit shōdō-tekina, especially when under as much stress as a front line soldier. I, myself, despite my advanced age, sometimes slip into the realm of a "bitchy little teenager" because of this body, so I should be more understanding. She offered to take Stone and I out for dinner if we ever get anything resembling leave, and I might have to take her up on that (just because I don't have to eat, doesn't mean I don't enjoy it). I know a place in Beijing that sells great Peking Duck, and if she's up to it, the world's best Chao Gan. That is, if those akirekaeru aliens haven't blown it up!

Speaking of which, in training today, they showed us the footage from the battle the other day. The footage was from the jet, so it wasn't as detailed as one would hope, but their still trying to work on cutting the interference the shoulder cameras experience when the aliens are near, so this will have to do for now. As I studied the footage, I started to think that the battle was a little too easy. Why would their invading party only have six grunts, and why didn't they put up a better fight. I shared some ideas with the soldiers who fought that night, and I've come up with three possibilities:

1) The aliens knew how many troops we would have and only sent six because they thought that was all they would need. This would mean we may have a leak.

2) The aliens didn't know we'd only send four troops, and are so overconfident they felt six was enough to handle any force. Being underestimated would be to our benefit, but what hidden strength do they possess to justify such overconfidence?

3) There were more then six aliens that night, but we only saw six. This opens up many possible ulterior motives for they attack, including the possibility that the aliens that died that night were sacrificed, with or without their knowledge, to gauge our abilities.

All of these are terrifying prospects. Was we have more contact, I should file a report and forward it to the commander. I've always fancied myself more of a tactician then a fighter. I just hope the commander gets to see them before some of his xiàshǔ stop it because of my status.

Frostlich1228

Name: Anna Stone
Non-Combat Log 2 :

Well Aribeth said she was sorry for what she said, and wants to take Me and Ayame out for some food, God would I love that, seems like its been forever since I've had some steak, there is nothing I would love more than some meat right now (Wait, I think that may have come out wrong).

So all the Rookies in Training watched the Australia mission today, got to say it went pretty well, except for all the explosives we used, still think we need those research materials.
Ayame was saying all kinds of things about it, it seemed too easy, they must've been hiding something, I told her that this couldn't have been their best, for some reason unknown to us they seem to not be using their strongest troops, my cousin back up in Russia told me he saw something, he described it as an "Six foot tall insect darting across the rooftop of his building" , I know they have stronger creatures, lets just wait and see what they throw at us, She looked at me strangely, Could not tell if she agreed with me or not.

By the way I keep hearing that Tyler Phohaska guy in his room talking to himself, "Anna, I am so sorry", "Anna, I wish it could've been different", it just creeps me out that I have the same name as his dead wife, I really hope he doesn't think I am his dead wife magically brought back from the dead, I keep thinking he will just sneak into my room and carry me away somewhere. (Probably just being paranoid but you never know)

Joseph Andrews has been trying to get to know me, he attempted to bring up a conversation about my appearance, saying I was pretty and that I should trust Americans, no matter what he says about it I will always have some distrust in Americans, not only has my family taught me to distrust America, but I also had a bad experience with Americans when I was younger, he did give me a bottle of Vodka though, Must've not have been cheap, so when I told him I don't drink I guess he felt pretty bad.

I gave him and a bunch of my friends some wooden figurines that I made to look the aliens that we saw, I gave one to Ayame, Aribeth, Sean Scruffson, and a few others, hope they like them.

*End of Recording*

ZombieSlayer85

Name: Joseph Andrews

I talked to Jessica this morning, and found out she's doing alright. She says her foster parents are okay, but her foster brother is kind of a jerk, and seems to remind her that this isn't her real family at every opportunity. I assured her that I would come and get her as soon as we won. She asked me when that would be, and I was lost for an answer, so I just said that Commander Odd would make it soon.

I quickly changed the subject, telling her about the soldiers I had met. When I mentioned Anna, she said I should just tell her she's pretty, because all girls like to be called pretty, so that's what I did. WHY DID I LISTEN TO HER, SHE'S ONLY NINE! Anna probably thinks I was only trying to hit on her. What's worse, she doesn't even drink, and if Ayame finds out she got me that expensive bottle of vodka for nothing, she'll probably break my neck! This always happens when I try to talk to women. I try to be friendly but end up trying too hard and come off as some creep! Argh!

.....well, she couldn't have been too put off. I mean, she seemed distrustful, but she didn't tell me to piss off like I probably deserved, and she gave me this really cute figurine. I'm sure Jessica would love it; she's always love collecting little knick knacks like these.

In training today, we watched the video from our first big fight. Ayame was asking the soldiers involved all these questions and mumbling something about hidden agendas. Anna mentioned that it probably wasn't their main force, and this was probably just a preliminary party, but Ayame didn't seem fully convinced based on the look in her eyes. I hope she's worrying over nothing. All this talk of hidden motives is making my headaches even worse.

I suppose we'll have to take it as it comes. In the mean time, I'll try to be more natural when talking to the ladies. Maybe Aribeth Dusk or Kael Kessler would like some vodka.

.....on second thought, they might think I'm just trying to get them drunk, and the last thing I need is a rumor that I'm try to inebriate all the women on base! Nukey and Daven are supposedly going to have a drinking contest. Maybe they'll let me join in if I supply the booze.

Never been much of a drinker, though.....hm.....maybe I can invite Dusk and Kessler out to drink, and since Anna doesn't drink, and Ayame probably doesn't either since she said it has unusual effects on her (whatever the Hell that means), they can come to assure the others that I wont pull anything.Yeah, that might just work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.