X-COM RP THINK TANK (part2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
As individuals look at the alien lists and contemplate making characters, I should probably mention some limitations, some obvious, some possibly not.

Obviously, only limitations for Humans are based on intelligence, experience, and personal beliefs.

Humiliata need special approval. If they are approved, don't expect them to be approved for an engineering position. Lack the upper body strength.

Sectoids are also unlikely to be engineers, though they can be on special occasion. Still, they are more likely to work in the labs.

Reptilians can be in nearly every position except soldiers who use heavy weapons like LMGs and SAWs.

Balmadaar usually don't have the intelligence, manual dexterity, or hand-sizes for lab work, though they can work as engineers.

Baʒirs mostly stick to engineering, though some can work in the labs. However, they lack the strength, willpower, or bravery to work as soldiers, or even guards for that matter.

Tamearins are open for most positions. However, as soldiers, their taboos mean they can only have cybernetics if they legitimately lose a limb in battle, and they can never become MECs or receive gene-mods.

Ardenians are fit for most positions, though their weak upper body strength make engineering work difficult. They also tend to have difficulty working with non-Ardenians.

Finally, Yorin potential depends on what body they're in, though with Tabora, they can do most things as long as their size is kept in mind. However, we won't be encountering them until after the RP starts, so if you want a Yorin, don't expect to be able to use them for a while.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
One Assault, One Destroyer. One who's anatomy couldn't possibly work for a paratrooper. Possibly a sniper for him... possibly an infantry.

Final one might depend on what others pick, so I can go with one that is the least used.

BMPixy

Gonna be rocking a medic, a shadow, and a MEC of some sort (if the race I'm working on gets approved). Other than that, all of my other characters will be either retired or non-combat personnel.

DarkGemini24601

Total so Far:

Scout (0) 0.5 maybe
Sniper (1) 1.5 maybe
Assault (1)
Infantry (0) 1 maybe
Engineer (1)
Support (1)
Medic (1)
Gunner (0)
Heavy (1)
Rocketeer (0)
Paratrooper (2)
Destroyer (2)
Shadow Operative (1)
MEC Trooper (2)

Adrammalech

7 paratroopers, 1 medic. :3

Nah, I have one definite Assault, one that would be suited for Shadow Ops...the other two or three ideas I have could be many things. I didn't really build around classes this time around, but ideas based on the races, SoD, and lore.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
7 paratroopers, 1 medic. :3

Nah, I have one definite Assault, one that would be suited for Shadow Ops...the other two or three ideas I have could be many things. I didn't really build around classes this time around, but ideas based on the races, SoD, and lore.
Probably for the best. Worry about the character, and let class come as it will.
1DvmuCb.gif

Taxor_the_First

One heavy, one scientist and one disabled sniper/tactician are my CURRENT plans.

...yeah, I was only half joking about the quadriplegic thing.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Today is garbage. I've been working on this for hours non-stop, moving this stuff from one storage unit to the next, my brothers barely helping. Now, we have a pile of garbage, and this guy wants to charge us $450 to get rid of it. My mother is tears, I'm about ready to pull my hair out. I'm so depressed right now. And we aren't even finished.

Adrammalech

Yeah, moving's probably one of the most stressful things...you just have to power through it and get it out of the way as fast as possible. Nothing really makes it stop sucking. Just try to stay calm and detached, and focus on something you can do to relax afterwards.

Frostlich1228

Today is garbage. I've been working on this for hours non-stop, moving this stuff from one storage unit to the next, my brothers barely helping. Now, we have a pile of garbage, and this guy wants to charge us $450 to get rid of it. My mother is tears, I'm about ready to pull my hair out. I'm so depressed right now. And we aren't even finished.

Well... If you want to relax maybe we can do something with Dorian and Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.