The Starstream Adventures! (Sci-fi RP)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
"Tobias has made some threats against Ghost. Naturally, they don't like that. If it keeps going... you'll be having a funeral for him. And something about killing him as many times as need be, explosion or otherwise." Graeme offered a nervous chuckle. "Uh, yeah... so... try to get him to stop before they decide he's too much of a problem to ignore. Keep in mind, I'm just the messenger..." He tensed up, ready for a fight if the need arised. He shifted the weight on his shoulder and regretted the alley that they had gone down; she had a very good shot of taking him out if she wanted.

She certainly tensed up. But noticing he had done the same, she shook her head. "Relax. I'm not going to shoot yhe messanger. I should... actually thank you."

He couldn't keep a look of puzzlement off his face. "Why?"

"For warning me," she answered. "You could have skipped that step and gone straight to putting a bullet through his head. From what I know about Ghost, I know they're not afraid to skip the warning step. Besides, I have a... personal interest in keeping Tobias safe..."

"Oh, your interest in having him as a boyfriend? I got a brief on that." He grinned, relaxing a little. "I even have some of Titania's rather risque comments about that."

He spied the bounty office ahead, but something about it bothered him. He couldn't quite pin it down. Then, as if by lightning, it struck him. Where was the noise that accompanied the bustling of a city, or the people for that matter.

He saw them the figure - and dashed into cover, forcefully shoving Aya with him, before the figure could see them. He dropped the body unceremoniously beside him, pausing briefly to put a cloth over his mouth. He then took out two pistols out of his coat, a look of pure unadulterated fear on his otherwise cocky face.

Aya quickly pulled her pistols and, in a barely audible whisper, asked, "Who is it? What's happening?"

"Void... an assassin. You'd have to ask Ghost who she is... but her kills are... very brutal. Like, 'Holy shit, we can't even talk about it on the news' brutal. Ghost stopped looking at 'Em... but given the curiosity, this person is dangerous as hell." Graeme whispered back. He paused, then aimed his barrel at Void. He pulled the trigger and a brilliant beam of plasma energy flew, going through and past Void. The assassin looked unharmed. "Shit."

"Well now..." Aya's eyes sunk in a bit. "Shit..."

Two barrels pressed up against their heads. "Hello. Graeme... you're an easy man to follow..." Came a feminine voice that was familiar to Aya.

"What-" Graeme started before being interrupted.

"Do I want? You're my contract. The girl can go, I'll only give her some... medication to forget this encounter..." Void said softly.

"How did...?" Aya stared. Psionics?

"Why is there two of me? It's a hologram. Not particularly high-tech, but workable." Void answered, before the guns shifted slightly. "Now stand up. We're going someplace quiet."

Aya slowly rose to her feet. No sudden movements. Strangely this wasn't the first time she had been in a situation like this and she knew she had to wait for an opportunity to act or lose her head.

Graeme followed suit, and started walking as Void continued speaking. "You know what intrigues me? Why you, Aya of the Golden Wind, why would you consort with an enemy of yours? Planning a betrayal of JJ, eh?"

Aya chuckled, though not too loudly or suddenly. "No. It just so happens I owe him my life. Saved me not ten minutes ago."

As soon as they reached the alley. The barrel removed itself from her head. "Shame you won't get to return the favor, Aya. If you try anything, I won't hesitate to attack you."

"So who wants me dead?" Graeme asked, shortly before being pistol whipped in the neck, dropping the Tamearin to the ground.

"Someone who paid me." Void said softly, her voice hinting at being briefly distracted.

"H-how much did they pay you?" Aya quickly asked. "Maybe... we can work something out?"

"They paid me by not putting my face out for the galaxy to see." Void answered, pausing for a moment. "Can you outbid that?"

"No... not really..." Aya looked over at Graeme for any clue as to what to do.

The Tamearin man stirred, slowly waking up from unconsciousness. "Wha-" He started only to be knocked unconscious again, Void moving past Aya to do it.

While Void was distracted, Aya made her move. She probed the assassin's mind in an attempt to mind control her.

The woman struggled, some cybernetic or gene-mod most likely helping. "G-...Get out of m-my h-head..." Void groaned, taking a step back. However, as Aya probed the woman's mind, a sense of familiarity hit her. This was no stranger, yet... she couldn't pin down who it was she knew.

Aya probed deeper, desperately, as she reached for her side arms. "Who are you! Talk!"

The familiarity deepened; this was not a client, but a crewmember, someone she was supposed to trust. Void groaned again, taking another step back. "S-stop... b-b-before I... I hurt you..."

"I know you... and you knew exactly who I was... who are you?!" Aya probed deeper then she usually did, even to enemies, actually giving up a little on the mind control to look even deeper.

When she realized who she was looking at, her hands started to shake, her eyes widening in absolute shock. "No... no! You can't... JJ trusts you!"

"Sorry, Aya." A gun whirled out of its holster firing once, twice and thrice, the downed Tamearin's body shaking with each shot. "But... this is the only way you and I get to walk away." A swift kick aimed itself at Aya's chest, meant to knock down rather than knock out.

Aya fell back, hitting the ground hard. She held her chest and looked at the downed man with horror. "Do you know what you've done?"

"I saved myself from going to prison. If Ghost would like my head, I'll take more of her servants away, just like this... and I'm fairly certain even she doesn't know who I am." Void replied, holstering her gun. "So what are you going to do? Turn me in? Kill me, offer me up as an olive branch present?"

"No, of course not!" Aya seemed mortified she would even suggest it. "I am loyal to Jackie-Jackie and the Golden Wind, not to Ghost. I only wanted to save this man in return for him saving me. I just... would like an explanation. Like how you ended up in this position..."

Void paused, seemingly mulling over her options. "Let's just say," She started, her words cautious and tinged with paranoia. "Family is the worst kind of betrayal."

"I... I know that all too well. And so does JJ. Especially her." Aya cautiously stood up. "That's why you should be able to trust us."

Void pulled out a gun, but curiously did not point it at Aya. Instead the gun rested heavily in her hand, aimed at the ground. "That's why I can't. If someone close to me like that could turn me into this... this monster, what's to say you won't hurt me as well?" She paused. "Please sit down."

Aya did as she was told, ensure if she was still in danger or not. She did know what appeared to be a big secret now, or so it seemed, a secret worth killing for. "So... what happens now?"

"I... I honestly should kill you. You're liable to get me killed, and while I do like you, you and I don't talk much... about anything. We haven't gone on bounties together nor have you really been there for me." Void lifted the gun she had at her side pointing it at Aya. "Logically, that's my best move. To kill you. Blame the accident on his body; you killed him and he killed you." The gun lowered back to the ground. "But I'm not very logical and cold. Leave. Don't look back, don't look shaken and don't breath a word to the Captain. If you do... it might not be me who comes after you."

"Why?" Aya narrowed her eyes. "Who is pulling your strings? Who do I really have to fear?"

"I said, Aya Me, Go. Before I am forced to put some plasma between your eyes." Void said coldly, her pistol tapping against her leg. The assassin stared at Aya, her helmet giving no indication of her mood.

Aya scoffed and climbed back to her feet, running off to find her bounty. She found him where he was, apparently having been knocked out when he had been dropped. Aya was in a daze as she brought him to the station and got her pay, a million thoughts running through her head.

So much of a daze, in fact, that she didn't notice four men follow her into an alley until one of them jumped her, grabbing her from behind. "Oh, you picked the wrong day for this!" Her eyes started to glow violet before one quickly placed a collar around her neck, and electricity coursed through her body when she tried to use her powers.

"Hey, Zepan, isn't she the one we're looking for?" A burly Shinso asked, his tiger-esque stripes going down his long mane of hair.

A man who wore a mask, but was far shorter than all the men there, nodded.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The Shinso grinned as he leaned in, whispering in her ear. "You should watch yourself... you keep making enemies of your bounties... especially when your princeling died."

Aya grit her teeth angrily, that being a sensitive subject for her. Again her eyes glowed, and again she was zapped. "W-what... d-do you want...?"

"Well... a certain Pickio would like-" The Shinso was shot in the arm, hot plasma melting through flesh and bone, as the hooded figure holstered their weapon to the muffled cries of the larger man.

"Sorry." Came the electronic voice of the hooded figure. "Bad manners deserve a bad injury. As you can guess, we are here to ensure that we are paid for a job. One that can't have you fighting back."

Aya was shocked at the callous way he had shot his fellow thug. "So you're not mere muggers I take it. Just let me go. Wherever you take me, my crew will find you."

"There is a lot of galaxy out there. We'll have time to violate several torture conventions the myriad of corps and governments forbid. But we'll start with violating your body." The hooded figure pointed at Aya as the other thugs started to move in, lustful and violent expressions on their faces.

Aya looked at them with horror in her eyes. She had put off getting her gene mods, and now her psionics weren't an option. She was stuck, and all the years she had managed to avoid this were about to be for nothing.

Groping hands began to roam across her body, some going underneath her shirt or her pants. The most eager offender, the Shinso, licked her neck as his hands went under her underwear. He whispered, "Enjoy the fun, Tammy..."

She grit her teeth as she glared into his eyes. "Have your fun. Because when I get free, and I will get free..."

"Oh, I will and I know you're not going free. We get to have you for many, many nights..." He pulled his hand out of her pants so he could tug her pants down. "Scream if you want, Tammy... it'll make it more fun." The Shinso unbuckled his pants, a nasty, creepy grin on his face.

Aya closed her eyes and tried to steady herself. She wouldn't cry. She wouldn't scream. She wouldn't give them the satisfaction of it. Though inside she was screaming, and hoping for a miracle.

A wet crunching sound echoed as something warm and sticky splashed against Aya. Two loud gunshots sounded off as more warm liquid splashed against her. Before she could open her eyes, Void's cold and emotionless voice asked, "Well, who are you that tries to hurt somebody under my protection, hmm?"

"Listen... we need not result to violence..." Came the electronic voice.

Ayas quickly opened her eyes to see what she had missed.

Void stood before her, covered in blood and a quick cursory glance revealed the shattered and crushed remains of the Shinso, most of his body having been reduced to nothing but paste. A look to the side revealed small holes in the heads of her other attackers, and if she looked the other way, a vibrosword had found itself to the hooded figure's stomach, ready to be plunged in.

"What do you say, Aya? I can spill their organs on the ground right now if you want." Void said quietly, holstering her pistol to draw a bloody grin on her white, blank, and bloodsplattered mask, drawing two bloody lines over where her eyes would be.

"No..." Aya sighed and adjusted her clothes. "As much as I'd love to do it myself, he should see justice."

Void stared at the figure for a moment longer, the creepy expression becoming more ominous. "Fine. They get to live." Void's helmet turned slightly towards Aya. "Might want to wipe some of the blood and pulped organs off. There is a fair bit of it after all..."

Aya looked down at herself in disgust and wiped herself off. She picked up one of the pistols that had been taken from her and bashed the man in the back of the head to knock him out. "Why did you help me?" she asked. "It would have been better for you if they had taken me."

"I could've let them make you a sextoy... and the thought, again, was tantalizing. I could get rid of you and be entirely guilt-free. But JJ would be heartbroken, as well as many of our friends." Void explained, stabbing the vibrosword into the figure's shoulder, prompting a brief scream, before a gore-colored boot knocked him out. "So can we hurry now and I'll explain what's going on later, when you're safer?"

Aya nodded, and picked the man up. "I'll take him to the station. Then we can... talk."

Void walked directly up to Aya, the creepy bloody expression on her face nearly touching her face. "Meet me... in my room." The woman said before stalking off deeper into the alleyway.

Aya shuttered a bit, and walked off to turn in the man. After quite a bit of explaining, she actually collected a second bounty before heading back to you shuttle. She met back up with the Golden Wind and dismissed JJ's concerns about how shaken she seemed, explaining the attack but leaving out the part about Void.

After a couple hours and a couple drinks, she finally made her way to a certain someone's room and hit the buzzer.

The door opened to reveal Titania with her typical training outfit of a t-shirt and short shorts. "Come on in, Aya."

Aya nodded slowly, cautiously stepping inside, her eyes scanning the room subtly.

The foxgirl closed the door behind her. Sh raised an eyebrow. "If I wanted to hurt you, I would've done it when you were coming back." She tried to reassure, giving a shrug. "So what are we going to be talking about?"

"I... just want to know where your loyalties lie." Aya said, slowly sitting on the bed. "I want to be sure JJ is safe."

"And whether you need to do something about me, right?" Titania gave her a grim smile. "Well, if I wasn't loyal, you wouldn't be standing here asking me how loyal I am."

"I suppose not..." Aya looked down at her hamds. "I... with all the excitement and confusion I... didn't properly thank you for helping me. Especially when it would have been in your best interest not to. So I'm sorry... and I do thank you..."

"Don't. Do not thank me." Titania's voice was hardened once more as her eyes narrowed. She started walking towards Aya, "The only reason I saved you was because JJ considers you her sister. If circumstances had been different, I would've killed you. So don't get it twisted; we are not friends and this will not be a recurring thing that I'll do for you."

Aya shook her head. "That's... too bad." She looked up at Titania. "Because I regret us not being friends. And even if we're not, JJ really cares about you. So if it came down to it, even knowing what I know now, I would save you every time."

Titania's scowl softened as she let out a sigh. "Considering what happened today, you shouldn't trust me so implicitly. It's naive and foolish... but also sweet." She punched Aya's shoulder. Hard. "Next time, if you see me, run away. Don't be dumb and try to be familiar with me, because I will kick your ass. Fair?"

Aya nodded, standing up and rubbing her shoulder. "If it really is for her safety, I'll keep this from Jackie. Just... try not to let this get her in trouble. And don't get yourself killed. Believe it or not, it would break her heart... and I wouldn't be too happy either."

Titania blinked then let out a chuckle. "I can't make that promise. When I go out, whether bounty or other work, there is a fair chance of me dying." She paused, staring into Aya's eyes. "And why would you feel anything about my death? We have no personal ties -be that friendship or familial- and the last I checked, you still hold some judgement about me being gene-modded. Why do you care at all, given those facts?"

Aya lowered her head. "Because I have changed my views on gene modifications for one. I'm... actually getting some done myself..."

"Why?"

"Why?" Aya squeezed her fists tightly. "I need to be stronger. I'm weak. Today proved that well enough..."

"You realize you can control people with your mind, right? What part of that tells you that you're weak?" Titania raised an eyebrow.

"You weren't there when I fought Roberta of Solex's pirates. I was humiliated. I was too weak. And people died because of that. It isn't the first time. It probably won't be the last. But I can try and limit it..."

"I had my head crushed while wearing power armor... and I still sliced the man's arm off just fine. Getting gene mods doesn't make you more powerful, it gives you utility; get stronger, you can rip through walls or people to escape. Want to jump really high? Good, but that landing will break your legs if you're not agile and smart enough to find another area to land." Titania said softly, putting a hand on Aya's shoulder. "It's nice to pretend it will. Being stronger... not worrying about what others can do to you and being able to protect those you care about... but gene-modding, Cyberware, psionics... they aren't things that make you stronger. Training and quick-thinking are far more powerful things than most people realize. trust those to see you through, not something you can't take back once you get it."

Aya lowered her gaze again. "Okay. I... I will take that into consideration. Thank you..."

Another hard punch greeted her other shoulder. "Stop thanking me. I can still put your scrawny ass in a headlock and considering my seduction talents, I can embarrass the hell out of you." Titania put her hands on her hips.

Aya chuckled, amd headed for the door. She pauaed before leaving, and looked back. "What if... we hang out some time? Correct that whole not being close thing?"

The assassin looked up at the ceiling, considering it. "I think that would be nice. It also gives me a reason to be friendly and cordial... and myself."

Aya smirked, nodding her head, and left Titania to herself.

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder: Fate's Cruel Turn

Misha smelled the fresh air of the forest. It was likely the last time she would be here, so she wanted savor it. She sat on a small hill covered in lush, red flowers. "Why'd I have a feeling you'd be here?" A voice called out from behind her.

"Because it's where I always hide." She replied as she stood up. "We've know each other for years, Toby. Why are you still asking that question?"

"Hey, it's fun to say sometimes." Tobias shrugged. "I'm guessing you already know my next question?"

Misha allowed her gaze to lower. "I want to know what's out there. What dwells beyond your grandfather's walls and the council's protections."

"And they call me the reckless one." Tobias joked as he removed the oversized gauntlet on his arm.

"That's because you are." The young mage pouted. "I swear, I'm going to go out there and I'm come back smarter than you! I'm going to find all the knowledge in the cosmos!"

Tobias chuckled and extended his arm. "Wanna shake on it?"

Time seemed to freeze for Misha, the wind causing petals to move in slow motion. Her cheeks turned a light pink as she slowly reached out to seal there promise. No matter what she did, no matter what she said, Tobias was always on her mind. She loved him. One day, she would tell him... But first she had to be strong enough to protect him. First she had to leave him behind to find the secrets to magic that Arthur hid for so long.

As Tobias walked away, he said, "Better enjoy that while ya can. I've got my own journey in a couple of years and I'm having my gauntlets cyberized. Gotta make sure nobody can steal them."

Misha nodded. At least he's not going to change while I'm gone. Farewell Toby, I'll be back soon.

-------
"Darkmane!" Tiamat shouted through the hollowed rock. "How is it you have consistently failed to find a vessel!?"

"My apologies your Highness." The Tiger Shinso bowed before the aging queen. "My father's reputation follows me wherever I go. It is a challenge to hide among the shadows. Perhaps I could you a new apprentice?"

A chill ran down Fafnir's spine as the woman slammed her fist into the rock wall. "Damn you Arthur. We could've been king and queen. I swear, when I return I will savor every single death I inflict upon you."

"My queen?" The Shinso prompted. "We have a visitor."

"Oh?" Tiamat turned around to see a young, raven haired girl collapsed on the floor. She approached the girl with a soft smirk. "What brings you here, birdie?"

The girl simply lifted her weakened arm and placed a small object on the ground. "He... Help..."

The sorceress examined the object. It was a pen. Small runes were etched on the side, a symbol of her knowledge of the arcane. "What's your name, child?"

"Misha..."

"Misha," The decaying woman answered. "As of this day onward, You will be my apprentice and I will be your queen."

------
That is what the Council hides?

"Precisely." Tiamat answered. "They fear what would happen if that power were to fall into the wrong hands."

Misha looked up to her queen, still adjusting to her unnatural body. What do you intend to do with it?

"What any sensible person would do." Tiamat grinned. "I'm going to destroy it. If a leyline is as powerful as he claimed it to be, then I'll have more than enough energy to eradicate that miserable planet."

Misha paused, lowering her gaze. They lied to her. He lied to her. All this time he had power beyond her capabilities. All this time he hid his true nature, his true race. Tobias lied about everything. The thought filled Misha with rage, but she held her composure. How strong with Phoenix magic?

"Arthur is able to draw from other magic sources." Tiamat explained. "Have also heard that their blood is capable of reviving the dead. It's useless to me, however. The curse would just continue beyond my first death. Knowing Arthur, he likely kept it secre-" The Queen stopped when she noticed Misha walking away. "And where do you intend on going?"

You know what they say. Misha glanced at Tiamat, her rage now visible through her crimson eyes. Like father, like son.

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder: What is War?

Harbinger stretched while sitting in the captain's chair. "Where to next, Captain?"

"We've been station to keep guard here." Captain Shingrat answered. "We'll be sending a squad to investigate a nearby planet."

"A nearby planet?" The young AI's eyes lit up. "Can I go?"

The Captain paused, his eyes filled with caution. "We still need you to maintain the ship while we're gone."

"And I can still do that." Harbinger countered. "Come on, Captain. I never get to explore all of the exotic planets. You can't expect me to be cooped up in this ship my whole life. They built me a transport... Why can't we use it just this once?"

Shingrat hesitantly grabbed his intercom. "Lieutenant, prepare the shuttle for one more personal."

Harbinger excitedly moved herself to the hanger bay. There, she saw a group of soldiers among a familiar face. She recognized the curly, blonde hair and red face paint instantly. "Hey, Sweety!"

Unit SW37Y looked up to see the holographic woman. "Harby? Whatcha doing here?"

"The Captain is letting me join you guys." The ship operator exclaimed cheerfully.

"Then hurry up and get on." The lieutenant in charge demanded, the disc strapped to his belt already.

As they flee through the void of space, Sweety sat down next to her fellow AI. "How've ya been Harpy? Last I saw you, you were still in training."

"I've been alright." Harbinger answered nervously. "Still getting used to just how big the Commanding Star is."

"I thought you like your ships big and hard." Sweety let out a toothy grin, prompting Harpy to blush. "Not gonna lie, I was caught off guard to find out you were on the ship the entire time. But, the more and more I look at it, I realize this is probably the only ship where you can feel it when you get penetrated."

"Shut up!" Harbinger flustered up as she swing widely at her friend... The punches phasing through her physical counterpart.

The whole crew laughed as Sweety teased their operator all the way to the planet's surface. There, their faces sterned and their guns faced in front of them. Sweety and Harbinger waited behind, staying close to the trained Marines as she walked into the forest before them. Harbinger watched how precise and controlled each of their muscle moved... And the occasional nervous glance toward the AI woman. "Sweety? Why does it seem like they don't like it?"

"Hm?" The medical AI placed her hands on the back of her head. "Some nut job made an equally nutty AI. He calls himself Andromeda and has been attacking planets across the Galaxy. They're likely just afraid Andrew's gonna try and hijack our systems like he has with a few others."

"Is... Is he here?"

"That's what we're hear to find out." Sweety explained. "This is the home planet to a race called the Fee. Reports of suspicious activity led the higher ups to send Captain Shingrat to investigate. He'll probably have you bombard the place if it's been compromised like they think."

"Uh..." Harbinger looked around. "If it were compromised... Wouldn't there be more, ya know, metal?"

Her innocent comment caused the soldiers to stop. She had no idea the hell she had volunteered to witness.

-----
Sweety was stitching a man's gut closed when her Captain arrived. Without missing a beat, the robotic medic turned to him. "Five injured, three dead. They have holographic technology now."

"Admiral Witherspoon isn't going to happy go hear that..." Shingrat paused, guilt on his face. "What about Harbinger?"

Sweety walked over to the sink to wash the blood off her hands. "Go easy on her..."

"SW... I need to know what you saw out there." Her Captain order.

Sweety paused, swallowing the knock in her throat. "He didn't kill the Fee. He... He enslaved them. He turned them into killing machines."

The military officer removed his hat. "You don't have to talk about any more. I'll go check on Harbinger."

"Captain..." Sweety almost choked as tears filled her eyes. "I've seen my fair share of battles. But... Never... Never have I seen so much suffering. So, please, please promise me you'll do whatever it takes to stop Andromeda."

"I promise..."

------
"Harbinger?" Shingrat slowly entered the room. "It's your Captain. You're not in trouble."

Harbinger was sitting in the corner, visibly shaking. "Those things... They killed everyone... They wouldn't stop..."

"They're... Not what they used to be." The man sat on her bed. "Andromeda has changed them for the worst."

"But why?" The AI looked up with fear in her eyes. "Why would he do that?"

The Captain was silent for a moment. "We are in a time of war. The Andromeda AI will do anything to obtain power... There is no guarantee we won't have to do the same."

Shingrat stood up and began to walk away before Harbinger asked, "What is war?"

He glanced at the woman. "I... I wish I could answer that question..."

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder: A Dark Pact

"I'm telling you, if we don't find a doctor, he'll die within the week." Drake pleaded with his leader. "You have to let me talk with them... I'm sure they'd be happy to-"

"We can't take such a risk!" Master snapped at the geneticist. "The Galactic Federation could learn our location! Without Harbinger, we cannot risk them finding out home base!"

"That's quite the predicament you appear to be in." A voice echoed from the hallway as a Tiger Shinso walked around the corner. "Perhaps I could help with this matter."

The man was immediately met with a large pistol pointed at the side of his head. "You've got some nerve announcing your infiltration."

The Shinso chuckled. "A shame, I know someone who could deal with this illness situation."

Master paused and turned to face the intruder. "Speak now before I kill you myself."

"Tough crowd..." He muttered before clearing his throat. "My name is Fafnir Darkmane. I came here seeking a particular individual, however, while I'm here I may offer my partner's talents. She is exceptional at mending injuries that extend beyond physical wounds."

"How do I know you aren't a spy? Or aren't here to steal my weaponry?" The iron tyrant asked.

"You have my word, and hers." Fafnir answered as a young, raven haired woman stepped out from behind him. "Well... If she could speak, that is."

"A mute?" Drake placed a finger on his chin. "Bat DNA could potentially fix that..."

"I guess we have little choice." Westwood replied as he holstered his pistol. "Welcome aboard."

Master, who was silent for an extended period of time, lifted his head. "It will a be pleasure working with you, Wraith."

"Umm... Her name is actually..." Darkmane began to say.

No, I like it. Misha interrupted. We'll keep them in the shadows for now. The girl should be easy to capture should she be compatible. In the meantime, I must thank you for giving Malcolm that poison. Without it, this plan would have failed.

"I'm still not sure why you would openly give your services to a active terrorist group," Drake replied and offered his hand. "But thank you nevertheless."

Fafnir shook the geneticist's hand with a wide grin. "It was the least I could do."

ShadowHounder

Black0ut and ShadowHounder: A New Ending
(Takes place after the events of "The Great Hunt")

The foxgirl sighed, taking off her helmet once she was well-within the ship. She opened her door, but didn't bother sealing it back close, instead opting for a brief crash onto the top of her bed. The frame creaked softly under her, the consequences of her continuing to wear her light power armor.

"I need a drink..." She grumbled, her voice muffled underneath a synthread blanket.

"Miss..." The voice of a child emptied the silence as a young Cartus walked in. "Can you help me find my momma?"

Titania let out a deep sigh, before she rolled to the side to get a better look at the child in question. As she did so, she said, "Who's your mom?"

"Momma's name is Yip." The young girl answer. "We are playing hide and seek, but Momma is really good at hiding."

Titania with some reservation put her helmet on. When it clicked into place she let out a groan that she knew the helmet would mute. Getting up, she clicked her tongue so that her internal speakers would activate. "Alright... I'll try to help you find your mother. I haven't really had a good connection with her, but... fair's fair, I guess."

The girl's excitement was interrupted by an invisible force pick her up by her dress collar. Yip, who was standing on the ceiling, deactivated her cloaking device. She poked her daughter's nose. "I win."

"Why are you so good, Momma?" The child asked after giggling.

"Well, for starters I didn't cheat." The assassin remarked as she dropped back to the floor, using the rotating gear in her tail to minimize movement for her child. "Cheaters never win... And if they do, it bites them in the ass."

Titania promptly sat back down and crossed her arms. "Hello, Yip. It's been awhile." A pause. "Didn't know you had a kid."

"I only just found out myself..." The Cartus mumbled.

Her daughter's ears lowered with sadness. "Momma doesn't like to talk about daddy..."

Titania waved a hand as if to dismiss the information. "That's none of my business. You'll find I'm not as nosy as our resident cyborg Nick... wherever the hells he's put himself."

"Probably in a grave." Yip remarked coldly as she set the girl down. "Now, Lilith, go back to your room so that we can have an adult conversation."

"Oh? He died? How?" Titania asked, dropping any pretense of warmth in her voice in lieu of murderous curiosity.

"If he did, I wouldn't know about it." Yip answered. "But something about him gives me the impression he tends to piss people off. Guess that's what happens when you forget that humans are more tolerably than machines."

"That's almost funny... given you act very similar." Titania retorted, tilting her head. "But then again you kept going with your profession, despite it being what they wanted you to do, right?"

"Yes, but I've had time to reflect on my actions and free myself from the shackles of the past." The former slave stated as she sat down on the floor of Titania's room. "Darkmane's dead, my home is now in the care of a Shinso who gives a damn... And I have her. Now I have the chance to give her the childhood I never even knew existed, and, of course, help the Captain with whatever job she wants me to do."

"Says the emotionless assassin who's hands are soaked with enough blood to drown a planet. If you truly broke away from it, you'd seclude yourself away from the Wind- maybe keeping in contact with some of us- and raise her in a more stable and less deadly environment." Titania replied, resting a hand on her thigh.

"I dunno, she seems to really like it here." Yip answered. Her tone was much more relaxed, calm, no longer like the emotionless killer from before. "Plus I've heard that there's another kid her age on board... But haven't been able to locate them yet."

"And who's kid are they, supposedly?"

"I don't know." The Cartus cyborg placed a finger on her lip. "I think I heard someone say they snuck on board."

"So, essentially, what you did."

"Hey, accidents happen. Aya is long since forgiven me." Yip waved dismissively

"So... what if she doesn't like your daughter? What if she roughs her up?" Titania crossed her arms.

"I've already taken care of that." The assassin answered. "I'm not dumb enough to raise a kid to be defenseless."

"And if she still gets harmed?"

"Don't get me wrong, if someone hurts her, I will kill them." Yip stated, her mood dropping a bit. "But I just want to prepare her for the real world..."

"Would you kill them if they were a part of the Wind? What line prevents you from attacking, say a trainer, who goes a tad bit rougher than usual?" Titania pushed, her sleek helmet casting a reflection of the other woman. "Preparing her for the world versus combat is two different beasts in its entirety."

"Don't you think you're being a bit pushy about this topic..." Yip paused for a moment, before hesitantly asking. "Are you... Pregnant?"

"I'm not, no." Titania stayed deathly still, Yip feeling the foxgirl's eyes on her. "Why do you ask?"

"You just seem highly irritable." The Cartus explained as she munched on a cookie. "Emotional instability is a common early sign of pregnancy alongside vomiting and food cravings."

"The answer is I don't like you, so I'm not being all bubbly and friendly like I do everyone else."

Yip tilted her head. "My apologies if I offended you in any way. I will admit I'm not the best at first impressions."

"No. No you're not. And because of that, I will never work with you on any bounty that comes up. I will merely tolerate." Titania stood up, clanking a hand on an armored thigh.

ShadowHounder

Black0ut and ShadowHounder: A New Ending Part 2

"I can understand your reasoning and respect your decision." Yip started, before her daughter's cries broke her train of thought.

Lilith ran in and hugged her mother. "Momma! There's a creepy ink lady in our room!"

Yip's expression changed as her eyes widened, an inner rage being suppressed as she stood up. "Stay here, Lilith. Miss Ronin will keep you safe."

Titania was at her side in a blink. She pulled them both into her room with the great strength power armor provided, and took out her handle. "Stay." She ordered, clicking three times in a row to activate the ship's intercom. "Everyone, there is an intruder aboard the Wind. They are armed and dangerous. Feel free to engage but only in pairs." Clicking her tongue back to normal audio, she sighed. "Stupid. Don't charge off half-cocked. You'll only leave her without a mother."

"Do you know who it is then?" The Cartus asked as she sat down and placed a her child in her lap.

"No. I don't. But charging off like a dumbass when you don't know who you're fighting is stupid. We have over a dozen bounty hunters on the Wind and you just decided to fight someone. Alone. Without telling anyone." Titania moved to the corner of the room, allowing her to keep an eye on the door as well as Yip. "Tell me if that strikes you of a competent assassin?"

"I never intended on attacking." Yip retorted. "I was just heading out to investigate and scout out the threat."

"Alone. Which is why I am still criticizing you."

"Momma is really good at hiding." Lilith reminded the Dondondari cheerfully.

"And she's risking fighting an unknown enemy with a skillset she doesn't know."

Yip opened her mouth, but paused before jumping up and shouting. "LOOK OUT!"

Yip sent her bladetipped tail forward, trying to angle it to fly past Titania without harming her. Above the swordswoman was a very familiar raven haired woman, black ooz shooting out the side of her neck where the assassin's weapon struck.

Titania's eyes narrowed under her helm before they returned to normal. Flames began to form around her body, flaring up as they rose to cover her form. A burst of flame shaped like a lance flew up to impale the newcomer, promptly followed by a burst of flame.

Misha fell to the ground as a pile of burning goo. Yip retracted her tail, but pulled her daggers out and placed herself on guard. "That was too easy..."

Titania quickly strode over to Yip and her daughter, fire still surrounding her but the flames lessening in heat and severity on their side. "Yeah. Don't drop your guard..." The foxgirl activated her handle the elegant sword that came out sharp and lethal.

Yip readied herself as well, examining her surroundings for any other areas that the mage could enter from. However, a strange, sharp object suddenly flew into Yip's arm and pierced through it.

Titania quickly formed a wall of flame around them set to burn anything that came at them. "Scratch or major?" She asked, her eyes scanning the room.

Yip quickly took a dagger and severed her cybernetic arm. A black ops spilling from where the slash was made. "Pretty sure if my limbs weren't already ripped from my body, I'd be dead by now. I could feel spreading inside my arm."

Titania picked up the limb with her sword handle and tossed it out into the flame wall. "So typical assassin rules. Don't get hit or die for it. Got it. My armor should give me some protection... but you can't get hit again."

"And I have to fight with one arm." Yip said in a quippy manner. "Wouldn't be the first time I've had to heavily improvise."

"I'll try to block the attacks as quickly as I can with my body if they come at you. But try to dodge if you can." Titania held her blade out as she started to swirl the blade in preparation of any attack.

Yip, Elizabeth! I'm coming! Bar's voice bled through as the flames crackled.

"We've got a plant man inbound." Yip remarked as she jumped back to her feet. "In case you didn't hear him."

A disembodied and ominous voice soon called out, almost like it was speaking to someone. "I want... Her..."

"How about you fuck off? She's mine and mine alone." Titania said coldly, her rage simmering until it froze over, the potency of her rage still present.

I'm almost there! I'll back you up to the best of my ability!

I would advise caution... It would appear that Ronin has set the whole room on fire. The Cartus cyborg answered.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth was panicking from the back of Yip's mind. Why does this always have to happen?

Don't worry! I think I'm at your door! Bar replied, scratching at the door tried to open the damnable thing.

Titania got into a fighting stance ready to engage any enemy that moved through her wall of flame.

Yip felt a slimy substance grip her leg. "What the hell?" Was all she could mutter before she began to sink into a small pool of sludge.

Titania turned around, and seeing her rival sink into the sludge, she paused. "Say the word and I'll make it quick." She said softly, acknowledging that she had no way to save her.

ShadowHounder

Black0ut and ShadowHounder: A New Ending Part 3

Yip turned to her daughter, young Lilith's innocent face staring in fear and confusion. She closed her eyes as tears rolled down her cheek. "Take care of Lilith for me..."

The door sprang open as Bar bursted into the room, making himself a psionic suit to cross the flames. Before he could, Titania nodded and with a swift swipe of her sword, She took the Cartus' head, catching it in her free hand. The flames remained but didn't burn any of her features or hair.

No! Bar screamed psionically, sensing the void that had been his friend. He rushed through the flames, and without a head, swung blindly at where he thought the assailant was. A foot clad in metal interrupted his attacks and sent him back through the flames.

Yip's body sunk into sludge and vanished from sight, the ooz leaving with it. Lilith stared off in shock and confusion... As her young mind failed to process what happened. "Mo... ma...?"

The foxgirl quickly deactivated her sword, placing it on her hip. She promptly picked the girl up with her now free arm. However, she felt a lethargy that nearly rendered her hit by one of Bar's attacks. She glanced around and noticed every flame had disappeared and she briefly wondered if that had been one of the effects of using magic; the damnable thing just disappearing.

With a quick flick of her feet to ensure nothing was damaged she took a leap and practically flew out of the doorway, trying to locate Tobias now that Yip was dead. He would be the safest person Yip's daughter could be with... and maybe he could save her... somehow. Titania briefly looked at her rival's head, somewhat mournful for a moment or two, before her survival instincts snapped her back.

Tobias was in the cafeteria, making himself a grilled cheese sandwich. As he worked, he sniffed the air a few times and muttered. "Why does it smell like burnt plants all of a sudden?"

Titania burst through the doors, Lilith in tow, before she was promptly thrusted into his chest. "No time to explain, but can you remove the murderous plant off the ship?"

"Well... I had something in the works to knock Bark unconscious... Haven't had the time to fully test it yet." Tobias muttered as he placed the crying child on a chair. "So I ain't sure if it would work on any other plants with potentially murderous intent."

Raw psionics energy threatened to rip the door to shreds as Bark managed to get it open. You killed her... now I kill you.

"Perhaps you move a bit faster?" Titania suggested, getting into a defensive fighting stance in case the plant attacked.

Tobias teleported out of the room, grabbed the device from his lab and teleported back to Bark. He slapped the small disc onto his neck and muttered. "Night night time."

Bar reached a claw out, almost questioningly, before collapsing onto the floor.

Titania let out a sigh of relief. "Next, we need to talk about the assassin that just attacked me and Yip. And as you can see..." She held Yip's head up, "she didn't make it. Our assassin was that inky bitch who you hated."

Tobias froze in place, his body visibly shaking. "Where is she?"

"She took Yip's corpse into a puddle of Ink. Then left."

Magic began to build up in his fist, before Tobias slammed it into the wall and shouted, "THAT BITCH!" The wall sustained a massive dent from the impact.

Titania cleared her throat. "Something you aren't telling me, Tobias?"

Tobias took a deep breath. "It's a long... Complicated story. For now, I need to make sure Aya is okay."

"Take Yip's head. I'll be by to explain what happened in the debrief." She said, hiding her pain at a loss of someone she knew and at having to take a life if someone she considered an ally behind the helmet that modulated her voice.

Tobias took the lifeless head of the Cartus and teleported it away. "Let us hope she never finds it..." He muttered briefly before dashing away.

ShadowHounder

ZombieSplitter and ShadowHounder: Home

Tobias rushed down the halls of the ship. "Come on Aya, come on... Where are ya?" He muttered as he searched the entire ship. Please... Please be okay... Please don't be dead.

He finally found her at the bar in the lounge, sitting of a barely touched drink. He came in so fast he startled her. "Tobias! What...?"

Tobias immediately hugged the Tamearin. "Thank God your safe." Aya could feel his body shaking uncontrollably.

"Of... of course I'm safe..." She hugged him tightly. She had never seen him this out of sorts. "Are you okay?"

"She's... She's back." Tobias' voice was coated in fear. "She... She killed Yip."

Aya's eyes widened in shock. "Yip... Yip is gone?"

Tobias was silent for a long moment of time. "If only I knew what that alert was for... I could have saved her."

Aya held him even tighter. "You can't put that on yourself. You know that."

"But what if she's using me as some form of homing beacon?" Tobias remarked. "It's been bugging me that she was able to, without triggering an alarm or getting Ash's attention, sneak into the ship and into Yip's room."

"Oh, Tobias..." Aya let him go and knelt onto her knees. "You can't start doubting yourself like that. Is there... any way we can find out if you're this beacon?"

"I can't..." Tobias paused for a moment. "But Gramps can. I still have a signal chip... If JJ is willing to head off course for it."

"I'm sure she would be, but... you mean the whole ship?" Aya asked. "I had the notion bringing one outsider like me was asking for trouble. You're willing the backlash for beinging a whole ship?"

"No... But a mere shuttle can't make the full trip." Tobias remarked, his casual attitude sparking back up. "That and it turns out we are smack tab in the middle of Fee Space. We will need Captain Kitty to at least get us to the territory border."

Aya nodded. "Alright. We'll go talk to the captain then. Hopwfully she won't ask too many questions about you and your connection to your home... or why we are flying into Fee space."

"Hey, Ash... Where's the Kitty Cat now?" Tobias asked the ship's AI.

Ash appeared behind the bar. "She's, um... she's in the holoroom working out." The hologram seemed nervous.

"You doing alright, buddy?" The mage's nervousness showing once more.

"Y-yeah, sorry. I just overheard some of you conversation. Sorry for eavesdropping. Just... you said we were headed into Fee space..."

"Don't worry about it." Tobias pulled out a circular device from his pocket. "Hey, Captain, heads up... Teleporting over."

"Teleporting?" JJ stopped her simulated treadmill and grabbed a towel. "Alright, go ahead."

Tobias appeared inside the room. "Hey, how close do ya think we can get to the Fee Space without them discovering Ash? Got a situation on hand and my gramps is the only person I know who can help."

"A situation?" JJ wiped some sweat away and grabbed a bottle of water. "What kind of situation? Can I help?"

Tobias' smile dropped. "Best you can do for now is make sure everyone on the ship is safe..."

Jackie-Jackie looked like she wanted to say more, especially with how being too trusting had got her in trouble recently. But she only sighed and nodded. "Alright. I can get us right on the border of Fee space. If need be, I can enter Fee space and wait there until long range sensors pick up the Fee and flee. I also know a few tricks to hide the ship from sensors I can use."

"Just get Aya and I as close to the border as you can and we can finish the gap via shuttle." Tobias replied.

Winter suddenly bursted into the room, tears rolling down her face. "Please tell me it isn't true! Tell me she's okay!"

Tobias' eyes stared at the colorless floor. "I'm... Sorry. Titania did the best she could, but she wasn't able save Yip..."

JJ lowered her head too, having just recently heard the news herself. "I'm so sorry. I... feel like this is my fault. I seem to attract the worst of the worst to those around me..."

Winter fell to her knees, her eyes now bearing an emotional daze. Tobias began to walk away, saying. "Let's get going Jackie. The sooner we get moving, the sooner I can make that bitch pay."

ShadowHounder

ZombieSplitter and ShadowHounder: Home Part 2

JJ sighed, shedding a tear as she lifted her arm and spoke into her wrist communicator, ordering the ship onto a course for Fee space, maximum warp.

Tobias teleported back to the bridge where he gazed into the void of space. His features were muted by his somber, enclosed look... His mind threatening to drown in the large pool of thought.

The ship took off from the planet it was orbiting, the stars shooting by as they warped through space. It took several hours to reach Fee space. As the neared it, Tobias felt Aya's comforting arms wrap around him from behind.

A small smile touched the inventor's face. "Shall we get going M'Lady?"

"Mhmm." She kissed the back of his head. "It'll be nice to see your grandfather again."

Tobias teleported them to the shuttle and walked into the vessel. He placed the small signal chip on the control panel and began setting the coordinates to what appeared to be a void of space.

Aya looked over his shoulder. "You're sure that's the right place?"

"Yep. Technically we are here." Tobias pointed at a uninhabited planet. "But where we are going will allow us to transmit the access code so we can get by the wards."

"Really?" Aya took a seat in case there was turbulence. "Anything I should know before we arrive this time?"

"Just that one of our leaders is an asshole who hates outsiders." Tobias muttered casually as he began to fly off.

"Oh... um, good to know." Aya frowned. "Guess I'll be on my best behavior."

"When are you not?" The mage grinned as he piloted the ship towards an asteroid field.

Aya's eyes widened a bit. "You, um... you're a good pilot, right?"

"Funny you should mention that." Tobias watched as one of the asteroids flew towards them, then through them. "Because one's perception of reality can be quite deceptive."

"Whoa..." Aya looked around. "For such a large illusion to be sustained like this... this is amazing..."

"You like my magic?" A voice stated from the ship's intercom. "I've spent many years perfecting my technique."

"Hey Milenda, how've ya been?" Tobias asked the voice.

"Good to see you're okay." Milenda said with glee. "You open to starting something up now?"

The Phoenix merely chuckled as she looked at Aya. "Hate to break to ya... But someone already beat ya to my heart."

A sigh came out of the intercom. "At least let me meet her then..."

Aya smiled. "We're on our way. A friend of Tobias I take it?"

"You could say that." Milenda giggled. "Though, really I might as well have been the one to raise him. Even for Arthur, he was a handful."

"I see." Aya smiled at Tobias. "I can't wait to hear some embarrassing stories about him."

Tobias let out a nervous chuckle. "There's no need for that..."

Milenda sighed. "Unfortunately that will have to wait. Someone tampered with our wards long enough for a Fee ship to find us. Arthur is currently with them in order to speak with their council. I am optimistic that everything will be fine... But I've been told that certain events have hinder the race's... Tolerance."

Aya's expression turned to one of worry. "Good thing we left Ash behind," she muttered. "Anything we can do to help?"

"We won't know until Arthur returns." Another voice stated. "But, for now, I would advise you speak with your sister, Tobias."

"Alright... Where can I land?" The young Phoenix asked.

"Anywhere, as long as it isn't a crash landing."

"That doesn't bode well for my question on how good of a pilot you are," Aya stated, putting on a safety belt.

"Great at piloting... Bad at landing..." Tobias answered. "I'm sure I can figure it out this time."

Aya gave him a chuckle that did not exude with confidence.

ShadowHounder

ZombieSplitter and ShadowHounder: Home Part 3

By this point Tobias had already entered the planet's orbit and began to reach the atmosphere. "Don't worry about it... I know what I'm doing."

Surely enough, Tobias managed to land the ship next to his childhood home successfully, except for the landing leg that was bent out of shape. "I'll fix it in a bit..." The inventor stated with a hint of embarrassment.

The house was a small wooden cottage on a flower infested hill. The place felt comforting, calm and free of any burdens... A contrast to the broom stick that greeted Tobias' face. The same girl from when Aya first met Arthur stood on the other end of the broom, an unamused look on her face. "Hey, Toby..."

Aya didn't notice her at first, distracted by the scenery. "It's beautiful here..."

"Why do you always aim for the face?" Tobias groaned.

"Why do you always leave yourself open to get ambushed?" Abigail growled at her older brother. "Now get off your ass and inside. There's a bunch of crap you need to have explained to ya and paps ain't here to explain it."

"Obviously..." Tobias muttered as he sat up. "Our parents died a long time ago... Right?"

"You're not sure?" Aya asked curiously. She recalled he had to learn of his people's unique ability.

"Can't blame him." Abigail answered. "Arthur felt his aging body would interfere with raising you... Which was why he decided to raise you as a grandfather. Unfortunately... Breaking the news to ya became a struggle when you gravitated towards technology over magic and paps lived far longer than he thought he would. By the time he felt it you were ready, ya went and ran off to wherever the hell you are living now."

"I'm not sure I understand where you are going with this..." Tobias admitted.

His sister flicked his forehead and said, "You're a Phoenix, dumbass... And gramps is actually your father."

Aya scratched her chin. "Guess the cat is out of the bag now. So much for secrets..."

"Hold up... You knew?" Tobias looked at Aya in confusion.

"Paps wanted someone who could take care of your reckless ass... So he explained it all to Aya Me." The young girl answered. "And before he left to deal with the space ship floating above our heads he asked me to give you a crash course if ya got back. Try not to choke on them this time."

"Hey... That was one time when I was five." Tobias quickly jumped up to follow his sister while she snickered.

"Choke on...?" Aya followed in confusion. She cleared her throat and said, "I'm sorry, Tobias. He swore me to secrecy, and I really kept it a secret to protect you. I mean, look how reckless you are now. How many times has Ghost killed you alone because you won't stop poking into her business? Imagine how reckless you'd have been if you knew you had multiple lives to spare..."

"Hey, it's Gramps... So I ain't mad." Tobias assured his lover. "Doesn't that make you a Phoenix too, sis?"

Abigail's eyes were filled with shame. "No... But that's a story for another time."

Aya scratched her head. So many revelations at once. So much to keep track of. So many questions. She decided she would have to pay extra close attention to make sure she wasn't confused, and almost wished she was taking notes. "Soooo, um... do you know have any idea how things are going with the Fee? I hear they are a nice people on their own but a little brutal when it comes to politics."

"Nothing yet, Arthur said he wouldn't be able to communicate with me until he got back." Abigail remarked as she entered the house. "And to make matters worse, this thing landed on the house shortly after he left."

She pointed to a large metal sphere sitting in the corner of the room. The design implied it was some form of escape pod... While the damage indicated that it had been tampered with.

Aya folded her arms as she scanned it. It looked like it might be Fee in design, though she wasn't super familiar with their technology. "Did you open it?" Aya asked.

"Damn thing is welded shut." The girl groaned. "Hey, Toby, see if you can open it."

Tobias sighed as he walked up to the pod. He forged a few tools and devices before examining the device. "Whoever dropped this here didn't want anyone to open it. Maybe if I can reactivate the internal systems..."

After a moment of tinkering, a light emitted out of the orb. It moved and flickered, before Harbinger formed in front of them. She was in a night gown and her blonde hair was a mess. "What time is it..." She muttered while she sat up, her mind still covered in the haze of sleep.

Aya blinked rapidly. "Well now... I can honestly say that this was unexpected. Are you an... A.I.?"

Harbinger looked up at the Tamearin... Her cheeks turning peach red as realized who was talking. She quickly set herself to a standing position in her military uniform. "My apologies... I'm usually more professional than this."

"I see. Wait..." Aya blinked a few times. "Are you Harbinger? I mean... how many A.I. are there...?" She looked around. "JJ mentioned... this is where he left you? On an unmarked, unknown planet? In Fee space? The chances that the Golden Wind would have found you are... well, to low to bother figuring out..."

ShadowHounder

ZombieSplitter and ShadowHounder: Home Part 4

"There aren't that many of us left." Harbinger said, before her eyes widened with fear. "D-d-did you say... Fee Space?"

"Yeah, I'm afraid so. Why would he drop you here of all places...?" Aya folded her arms. "Guess we know why the Fee are here. They must have traced some kind of signal or something..."

"Not exactly." A tall man stepped into the room, his robes covered by golden light. "Even with a tracking device, they wouldn't be able to see past my wards without the proper counterspell. From what we have seen and heard... Fee are not capable of magic, meaning someone wanted them here."

Aya turned to the newcomer. "Um... hello? My name is Aya Me."

"I am Gabriel... A Paladin." The man answered. "I came here asking if you knew anyone out there who could possess the magic necessary to break wards."

Aya shook her head. "I don't... think so. Most of the people I know who can use actual magic are... from here." She looked at Harbinger. "How... about you?"

"One of Master's recruits, Wraith, had this weird ink power... I think it was magic?" Harbinger rubbed the back of her head. "But she betrayed us a while ago... So I have no idea where is could be or what she had planned."

Tobias froze for a moment, his face turning stern. He remained quiet as he worked on trying to open the orb. Gabe turned to Aya. "May I speak with you, Miss Me?"

"Aya is fine. And of course." She looked back at Tobias, noticing his expression and feeling she had an idea what he was thinking about.

Gabe pulled Aya aside. "Tobias' relationship with Misha was... Complicated. He viewed as more of a sister than a girlfriend, but was afraid of disappointing her. I see that, even now, he blames himself for what she did... But one thing is clear to me. The Misha that burned that village and gave the GFP access to our leyline was not the Misha he knew. She is a corruption of her former self."

Aya looked back towards Tobias. "Why would he blame himself? Did... was she really that upset when they went their seperate ways?"

"The creation of his gauntlets took a lot of his personal time..." Gabriel simply answered. "But if you are to encounter her again... I would advice fleeing. Even with the Holy truth by my side, the darkness she harbors could be too strong."

"But... she is causing so much trouble. Hurting so many people. People with... people that love them." Aya held her fists tightly bound. "Someone needs to stop her."

Gabe closed his eyes, his voice changing slight as he spoke. "To destroy the body, one must find the heart that hides."

Aya slowly nodded. "Might be hard with her heart so closed and buried..."

"Then ask yourself this." Gabe said as he began to walk away. "If one were to sever their mind from their form, what would happen to their body? It wouldn't just disappear, would it?" The smirk on Gabe's face made it clear he knew the answer.

Aya smiled back. "Thank you." She looked back at Tobias, her smile faded as she thought of what he must have been going through.

"Holy shit... Did he have to make this so damn difficult to open up?" Tobias stated as he scratched his head.

"Perhaps Master set it up so that only someone from the Golden Wind could open it." The AI woman pondered.

"What could be in here that would be so important?"

Harbinger's eyes lowered shamefully. "Elisa's body..."

Aya's heart sank, and she stepped next to Tobias. "Maybe... I should try..."

Tobias nodded and stood up. "Hey, sis... How much did paps teach you about enchantments?"

Abigail fell silent, knowing exactly what he was concerned about. "I'll see what I can do..."

Aya looked between them. "What's... going on?"

Abigail didn't speak, her eyes glowing as a field of magic formed around Tobias. If one were to blink, they could miss her skin flashing a metallic grey during the cast. As the spell faded, the two mages opened their eyes. "I couldn't find any marks... But just be careful. If ya ain't gonna do it for me, do it for her."

Aya scratched her head. "Marks? You guys gotta keep me in the loop. Psionics and tech I understand but I'm pretty green when it comes to understanding magic. I'm still getting used to it being real."

"Marks are a term we use for any harmless spells or enchantments someone received unwillingly or unknowingly." Tobias answered as he say down next to Aya.

"I see." Aya started fiddling with the controls. "Let's hope there aren't any more conventional traps. Though I doubt there would be on a... body..." She tried entering information about herself, seeing if the pod would recognize that.

Harbinger's eyes lit up briefly. "Huh... I think you did something there. I just received a message explaining some of the quirks of Westwoods mechanisms."

"Does that include how to open it?" Aya asked.

ShadowHounder

ZombieSplitter and ShadowHounder: Home Part 5

"No... Just that it will take several hours to open and I am the only thing powering it." Harbinger answered.

"Well... I guess for now, we should head back to the ship." Tobias answered. "I'll see about getting this thing open, otherwise I would like to try and wait until paps gets back. Hey, sis."

"What?" Abigail's voice was unamused.

"Got anything that can make getting here and back faster?"

"Arthur left a connection sphere. I'm sure you can figure out how to operate it." The girl stated as she tossed the inventor a small orb.

Aya looked over his shoulder. "Science or technology? Or a little of both?"

"Technology designed to store magic and link locations." Tobias replied. "One of paps' specialties."

Aya nodded. "Cool. I can see how something like that would come in handy..."

"It was nice seeing ya again, sis." Tobias stated as he gave his sister a friendly wave.

Abigail simply rolled her eyes. "Glad to see you haven't changed in the slightest."

Aya bowed her head to the young woman. "It really was a pleasure to see you again. Hopefully the next time, we'll have time for tea."

"And exchange embarrassing stories of my brother?" A large grin covered Abigail's face.

Aya grinned back. "Of course. Looking forward to it."

Tobias let out a nervous chuckle. "We should get going now... Wouldn't want Captain Kitty to worrying for to long."

Aya nodded, moving to Tobias' side. The last thing she wanted was to be left behind.

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder: Rise, Queen of Chaos

Yip's vision slowly reformed, the bleak cave forming in front of her. A cough filled her lungs as questions filled her mind. Where was she? Why was she here? Didn't she die? She slowly stood up. It was then she realized. "M-my arms..." She breathed heavily.

Her arms, legs, and tail were flesh once more.

"Hello there, my child." A voice called out. "Welcome to my humble home."

Yip turned around to see a old woman with overgrown white hair and a small wooden cane. Behind her were Misha, the woman that killed her, and a Shinso who wore a robe that caused her blood to boil. "Darkmane." She growled through gritted teeth.

The man sighed, "My queen... If you don't mind, I would like wait outside."

"Oh?" The old woman grinned from underneath her hair. "You don't wish to witness the ritual?"

"Not if it involves one of my father's pets..." He replied, giving Yip an apologetic look before leaving.

"Who the hell are you peoole?" Yip demanded as she reached for her daggers, which were missing.

"My name is Tiamat, I am the Queen of Chaos." The woman's grin widened. "And, today, you will be my replacement."

Chains suddenly bursted out from the ground and ingrained themselves into Yip's skin. The Cartus was unable to scream as burning agony engulfed her body. What seemed like hours went by as Yip felt her very soul being shredded into millions of pieces... And something else began to fill the hole left behind. Soon, Elizabeth was no more, Yip's hair turning white. The Cartus began laughing maniacally. "Free at last! It feels so good to be young again!"

My Queen... Misha asked shyly. Are you going to keep your promise?

"Why yes, of course. But, first..." Tiamat thrusted her arm into Misha's body, ripping out a small ball of light. She walked over to the physical body that once belonged to her servant and placed the sphere inside. After a moment, Misha let out a gasp of air and fell to the ground... Coughing as her mind remembered how to breath. "We will be bound to this planet no longer."

Misha cleared her throat. "What... What of the swamp, my queen?"

"I'll take care of that." She grinned widely as the young girl stood up and followed her to the exit.

Fafnir turned around when he heard their footsteps. "How are you liking your new body?"

"The tail is annoying, but otherwise it works fine." She replied. "I always wanted to be shorter, even if only by a few inches."

"What is you plan now my queen?" The little girl of the swamp asked, spawning next to the Cartus. "Do you plan to rule this world like the days of old?"

"Yes... However..." Tiamat grinned once more as the swamp bursted into flames. "I have some loose ends to tie up."

The girl began to dissolve alongside the entire landscape around the group. Before long all that remained was the mountain, a boiling desert, and a small shuttle in the distance. The Queen walked to the shuttle. "Anything interesting I should know about?"

"In my attempts to occupy Arthur... I, unintentionally, created a cult following within the Fee culture." Misha admitted shamefully.

"I guess I'll have to pay them a visit," The woman remarked. "Either of you know a place where I can get some cloths? Skin tight is not my style."

Fafnir's cheeks turn peach. "I may know a place..."

The three walked into the shuttle and flew off into the stars. The rein of the Queen of Chaos would soon start anew.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dahlexpert & ZombieSplitter53
A Offer you Shouldn't Refuse

The pirate fleet

After her successfully assassination of Bethany family Solex gave one of the Cartus to his Allie Ravio to use as a new body, the second one was on a chain as a spare for now at least.” So how’s the body Ravio?”

The Cubator looked up as the Cartus examined her body, hands lingering on her sizeable chest. "Excellent. I really must thank you. I usually insist on a more willing subject, but as long as you have her sister in chains, she's not putting up a fight."

Said sister let out a sad whimper, looming at her sister's body sadly.

“Hum still don’t know what to do with that one, I could sell her to one of my vassals they could us a virgin Cartus as a side show act.” Solex said looking at the chained up Cartus.” Eh will see but I have to give it to that small group of mercenaries, JJ group did put a hurting on my Roberta.

Ravio folded her arms. "Yeah, she actually looked a bit winded when she came back, and she had quite a few less drones then when she left." She grinned. "Want my group to take care of this... JJ? I wouldn't mind sending out an assassination squad for you."

“On the contrary I would like for her and her second in command to work for us, the others don’t have to know about it. But I would rather not attract the station there on, though a fake job could work just fine do you have someone that could bring them in?”

"Hmm..." Ravio rubbed her chin. "I think I have just the person. They can act the part of damsel in distress quite well. Luring them away from their base is a good idea..."

“Hum that should work, as much as I would love to have Roberta handle those two she’s still recovering in her pod. So Emile and Mei both should work, along with a few drones and some of your men.”

"Alright." Ravio bowed her head, both the woman and the Cubator. "We'll get started right away and set up an ambush. You... think they'll take your offer?"

“I hope so because if not I’m getting annoyed by Ghost and if I do attack them and it does nothing, I will go after ghost next for playing me like a fool.

"Just give the word and I'll help with that too," Ravio stated. "Never liked those that lurk in the shadows. We can drag them into the light by the dagger we stick in their eye." She turned, walking off and saying "For now, though, prepare yourself for a couple visitors. This shouldn't take long."

Solex relaxed in his chair as he put a message out to Emile, the man in question was enjoying himself with Bethany until his screen made a dig he the rolled his eyes and put Bethany back on the bed and read the message.” Ou well then that’s interesting, sorry pet but your master has work to do.”

She let out a soft, pleasured moan followed but a sigh of frustration. "Anything I can do to help?"

“Nope unfortunately it sounds like I’m on a small capture job, Ugh and here I was enjoying Ou looks like Mei is also going. Sorry pet but duty calls.” Emile looked at Bethany and annoyance on her face.” Aw I did such a good job with you, I tell what once I get back will go for longer and mess with ever part of how but in return you will work extra hard tomorrow how does that sound?”

Bethany grinned. "Sounds like a plan, master. Good luck. And stay safe."

Ou I will.” Emile rubbed Bethany head, some part of him wanted to thank Roberta for killing her family which made it easier for her to give into him. Another part believed it was because of his kinder half but regardless she was now his loyal pet. At the hanger Emil saw Mei and one of Ravio troops.

“Your late Emile, I know you’ve been enjoying your new fuck kitty but we got a job to do.”

“Relax Mei we got time besides this is an ambush now then who are you?”

"I'm Emerald," the human woman said in a high pitched voice. She wasn't dressed like a pirate. She didn't look like one either. With her flowing silver hair, petite frame, and yellow sundress, she looked more like a schoolgirl. She let out a squeaky giggle. "It is so nice to meet you! We're going to have so much fun!"

The two pirates looked at each other.” Um sure thing lady look the plan is for you to play Ugh decoy, me and Emile well handle the rest hopefully.”

"Can do!" Emerald bowed her head. "I'll be counting on you two, okay? Don't get me shot or something, or shot me yourself, or I'll be super, super miffed."

“Yea don’t worry about it besides you have use and a few drones keeping you safe This should go smoothly.” Emile said

“Hopefully still I’m just hoping Roberta can get back before this is over, haven’t seen her that beat up in well I can’t remember.”

“Shill be fine Mei, and besides shouldn’t you be more focused didn’t you lose to these guys before.”

Mei eyes twitched.” That won’t happen again, I was meant to test them now I can be more serious this time.”

Planet Drifus
Armorano City
The Golden Tesera Tavern

"How are those new gene mods working for you?" Aeshleigh asked JJ as they waited for their client.

JJ grinned and flexed her arms. "I feel better then ever." He smile dropped and she glanced over to Aya. "I hope you... don't think less of me now."

Aya sipped a mug of beer and gave a sincere shake of the head. "Not at all. How could I when I considered them myself?"

"Speaking of which, I thought you were getting them to," Aeshleigh said. "Change your mind?"

"I don't... know yet..." Aya took a larger drink. "I had a talk with... with Titania about gene mods and... I don't know if I should rely on them. Maybe... I can achieve the strength I want without them..."

JJ nodded. "I think you can. I still think you're stronger then me even with them. But... you and Titania? I didn't know..."

Aya shifted her eyes to the side. "Ahem, yes, well... I-I've been... trying to spend more time with certain members of the crew. I'm not as close to everyone as you are... and I want to change that."

Much to Aya's relief, JJ seemed satisfied with thar answer. The three spoke about the mission ahead of them while a pair of eyes watched them from the rooftop across the street. Geno, a Dondondari merc of all people, stared at them through Themal binoculars for a while before turning to Emile and Mei. "They brought a third person. I thought the assignment said for obly the two of them to come. Why did they bring that cold blooded person?"

“Humm it might just be a friend of theirs, or after certain events they might just be a little more couscous about things it doesn’t matter.” Emile looked to Mei

The Cartus was loading a few shots tranquilizer into her pistol, she also put on some shock gloves.” I don’t care who they bring, we will complete our job.”

“Right Emerald your up.”

The young looking woman nodded and walked to the edge of the building. She looked a lot worse for ware now, her hair and body looking like she had been roughed up. She smiled back at them and said, "I'll lire them to the secluded mines on the edge of town. Be ready." She dropped off the side of the building, landing hard on the ground three stories below but walking on to the tavern like she had skipped off the side of a curb.

"Little freak," Ravio's man from before muttered, and pulled out a snipper rifle to follow her and the other's movements. "Wouldn't mind losing her in the crossfire..."

Both Emile and Men rose an Eyebrow at what she did.” Quiet you Mei let’s get a move on we don’t wanna keep our guest waiting.” The two went down a ladder and made there way to the mine.

In the tavern, Emerald became Lucy, a pkir soul whose kidnapped family was being forced into slave labor in the mines. It was quite the performance. The 'girl' cried and blubbered about how the local police were too corrupt to trust and, from what she heard, the captain of the Golden Wind a d her first mate were the only bounty hunters she could count on to save her family for a small fee.

They made their way to the mines, JJ and Aya hanging behind while Aeshleigh kept Lucy distracted with small talk. JJ was unusually quiet. "You don't like this either, do you?" Aya asked in hushed tones.

"She didn't seem to eager to volunteer how she heard of us... or why she asked for us in particular when most from the Wind would have done this mission."

Aya nodded. "Could be a trap. Her injuries look real though, and if she's lying, she's a really good actress."

"So were those Yorin," JJ responded. "And like they said, we can be too trusting."

Aya gave her another nod. "Don't worry. I have a plan if things go south..."

They continued along, reaching the mine. From a top a nearby ridge, Geno watched them approach through the scope of his rifle. "They're here," he said into his comms. "Emerald and the lizard in the front, the two targets in the back. What's the plan? Engage them out here, or lure them into the mine?"

“Inside the mine people might come looking if they see us fighting in the open, Emile let’s get moving.” Mei got into position as did Emile deeper into the mine.

Aeshleigh set up her sniper rifle some distance away from the entrance and targeted the pair of guards. Two quick shots later, and they were unconcious on the ground. As the four walked past, the still suspicious Aya was surprised to hear Lucy say, "You should have killed them... bastards..."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
JJ cleared her throat. She didn't want to say they were being cautious in case they were innocents. "We... don't like leaving behind bodies if we can avoid it. A lot of extra paperwork with the local authorities."

This made Aeshleigh raise an eyebrow, noting that Aya and JJ were acting strange, but she said nothing. She felt it wasn't her place. As they entered the mines, however, a reflection of light caught her eye. "There is a sniper on the ridge outside," she whispered to Aya.

"You're sure?" Aya asked, and got a nod. If they had a sniper set up, why didn't they take a shot at them when they took out the guards. A sick feeling came into her stomach and she stopped. "We're leaving," she said only thirty feet into the mine.

“Aw but you just got here, I mean surly you can stay after all you’ve been invited somewhere.” Emil and Mei came from the shadows, Mei staring daggers in JJ.

JJ glared back. "I remember you. You work for Solex. And he killed a lot of people just to free you and your friend..."

“Well believe it or not it wasn’t my boys that broke me out, and I was snuck out so hardly anyone was killed.”

“Ou this is the first time I’m meeting these two there quite the pair, nice to meet you both I’m Emile and might I say you are both very beautiful lady’s.”

Aya chuckled. "Cheeky, aren't you? So... invited somewhere? This is an odd way to invite someone. What, does you boss want a word with us?"

“Our boss has an offer for the both of you, now you can come quietly with no fighting. Or.” Mei turned the safety off her weapon.” We knock you out and bring you to him.”

"Get down!" Aeshleigh yelled, raising her weapon and aiming it at Mei.

Emerald threw a solid punch into her side, and the sound of ribs shattering could be heard as the reptilian woman crashed into the wall hard enough the smash the wall in. "We're not here for you, lizard," Emerald said with a giggle. "You can die!"

"Aeshleigh!" Aya and JJ both pulled out their hand guns and fired at the tiny woman. She jumped hard enough to leave an impression in the ground, grabbing onto the ceiling of the mine.

Mei fired several shots into Aya she then noticed that it was tranquilizer darts.” Sorry love but I’ve seen your fight with Roberta I need you mostly to go to sleep.”

Aya aimed her weapons at Mei, but before she could fire, she lost all feeling in her hands and dropped them, collapsing to the ground moments later. JJ shot several rounds into the ceiling above Emile and Mei. As they were distracted by the falling debris, JJ ran to Aeshleigh's side. "Are you okay?!"

"Look out," Aeshleigh muttered weakly. JJ turned to see Emerald rushing her. Emerald raised her fist to swing, but Aeshleigh grabbed the pistol from JJ's hand and dropped the girl with a shot between the eyes.

Aeshleigh was then shot in the ribs by Emile." God damn it can't you people make anything easy." Emile said then firing at JJ. Mei while JJ went into cover started to flank around her readying her tranq gun

Aeshleigh!" JJ ducked into cover.

"I'll... be okay!" She cried out in pain. "You have to... to run! Get out of here before they get you too!"

"Ou that not gonna happen." When JJ turned to her side she saw Mei standing next to her, she quickly swatted the gun out of JJ hand and fired the tranq into her leg.

JJ grit her teeth as her vision started to blur. She yanked out the dart and took a swing at Mei, far faster than she had been when they first fought, if a bit inaccurate.

Mei got hit and it felt like she go hit with a brick, she in retaliation hit JJ in the stomach bringing her to the ground." Damn bitch fells like she got stronger from the last time we fought." Emile and Mei then looked at Emerald body.

Emerald was not where she was laying before. Looking around, she was instead standing over Aeshleigh, choking the life out of her. "Stupid bitch hurt me!" she said in a much deeper, more mature voice then before. "Nobody hurts me!"

Emile talked Emerald off Aeshleigh." What the hell how are you alive you got shot in the head?! Emile questioned while Mei shot a tranqdart into the lizard woman.

"Yea how the hell did you survive that?"

Emerald pointed at her forehead, which aside from a trail of blood showed no sign of injury. "Dagon DNA modified musculature, bones infused with a vibranex/tritanium alloy, and enhanced healing thanks to the Super Mitochondria Theory, all developed and implemented by Dr. Devonix Thawne during his experiments on me when I was thirteen back in 3328 before I killed and ate all gis people, destroyed his laboratory, and drove him into hiding," she answered casually in her child-like voice. "Speaking of eating my enemies..."

Emile pointed his gun at Emerald." No we take all three of them to Solex, we could use her to make these two work for us and if they refuse then well we could kill her then along with them. Until then no eating anyone."

Emerald looked at the gun with more annoyance then intimidation and sighed. "Fine. But I get to eat her if Solex says we don't need her. Deal?"

"Fine until then gab her will get the other two and get back to the fleet." Emile picked up JJ While Mei picked up Aya, they made their way to the shuttle and made their way back home.

Ravio met them when they arrived back at the station, clapping her hands at the sight of their targets. "Bravo, bravo. I knew you could do it." She placed a hand on Emerald's head. "And did my littlest friend here come in handy?"

"You got some explaining with that one but yea she came in handy." Mei yanked on a chain holding there guest. "Come on you two were going to see Solex."

"Well Mei you have fun with that, I’m going back to Bethany I’ll be seeing you tomorrow."

Mei rolled her eyes." I swear that man I’m shocked that Roberta isn't killing that man."Mei looked back at the two lady." Ravio you mind taking these two, I’m gonna grab Roberta."

"Sure thing?" Ravii took the chain and pulled them. "Come along, you two."

"Wait!" JJ resisted. "What about Aeshleigh! What are you going to do with her!"

"Let her go," Aya insisted. "You got us, you don't need her."

“Aw I like how they think they can ask for stuff.” Mei ignored them and left the two

Ravio pulled the chain and escorted them around the ship, to there surprise the space ship had people mostly working, droids being created and some testing weapons. When the two looked at Ravio they recognize the Cartus from there last job.

"I don't... is she working for them now?" JJ asked quietly.

Aya reached out into Ravio's mind. With the collar arounf her neck, her psionics were suppressed, but she had enough power to recognize two minds. "Either she has a Yorin or... oh..." She pointed to the Cubator walking along side Ravio.

"Really? You think?" JJ asked before Aya suddenly screamed in pain, falling to her knee. "Aya!"

The Cubator walked over to Aya, who was clutching her head in pain. As the brain numbing pain started to dissipate, she heard a voice in her head. If Solex didn't want you two in one piece, I'd cut off your head for invading mine. Keep that in mind from now on.

Aya reluctantly nodded as she climbed to her feet. They were yanked along to Solex's chambers. "Delivery, Mr. Solex! Did you order to soon to be friends?!"

The two saw a eight foot tall black and red scaled alien his red eyes staring the two down.” Ah welcome Mrs JJ and Aya, I am Solex leader of the black tusk.”

Ravio yanked on their chain, causing them to both fall to a kneeling stance. "They were a bit of trouble to get, but not too bad. Oh... and be careful with the Tamearin. She can still use her powers a little despite the nullifying collar. Strong one that."

"She's a Tamarian I can handle things from here, you can release them from those chains they are our guest after all best the be mildly comfortable."

Ravio raised a curious eyebrow, but shrugged and undid their chains. Aya had to resist the urge to slug Ravio in the face, not wanting to hurt the body she was occupying. JJ rubbed her neck and asked, "What is this about? If you wanted us dead, we'd be dead by now. So what's the deal?"

"It's simple I've been watching you for months now, and I gotta admit i'm impressed so I brought you here to make you an offer that you can't refuse."

Aya and JJ exchanged a cautious look before turning their attention to Solex. "That stands to be seen," Aya muttered.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
JJ nodded. "We're here though... whether we wanted to be or not. Might as well hear what he has to say."

I'm above all things a business man, while piracy has been plentiful there are plenty of business that work for me. So I have a proposal, I want you and your people to work for me."

JJ blinked several times in surprise. "You want us... a group of Bounty Hunters... to work for you... one of the most notorious pirate groups in the known galaxy?"

"I don't see why not,you have already did one job for me I believe it was the first job you did. It was when Blisk and Aya hunted down Zazks for me."

Aya raised an eyebrow. "I didn't know at the time I was working for you. Besides, we have also gone against you twice now. How would your people, like Mei and Roberta, feel about suddenly working with us?"

"I'm not asking you to become pirates, i'm asking you to still be bounty hunters. I will even pay you for your work, all that I ask is that in return you do what contract I tell you to do and fallow the order of that contract to the letter. If you do." Solex snapped his fingers the door opened to the side of him and Roberta came in with a briefcase, when she looked at Aya her eyes started to twitch.

"Well isn’t this grand." Roberta said with her two kids looking in.

Aya looked past her at the children and smirked. "Cute kids. Couldn't possibly be yours. They don't seem to have horns or wings or your ugly, demonic features at all."

“You would be right seeing as though I killed there dad and there mom is currently a toy. But you should know about letting people down, look at your last job I’m sure that family is thankful Ou wait you let them die to me.” She said smiling.

Aya narrowed her eyes and scowled at her. "It isn't over between us. We will fight again, and next time, I'll put you through the floor."

“Really I doubt it, considering how beat up I was and you still lose to me you ain’t gonna bet me.”

“Roberta!” She turned around and saw the scowl on Solex face.” Show them how much I will offer then for doing a job that I tell them to do.”

Roberta sighed and she opened the briefcase to show tens of thousands worth of credits.

“I can offer you this much for running a simple job for me, I’m not telling you to stop bounty hunting but to hunt certain targets that see fit. And when my people start attacking other stations and colony’s you look the other way.”

JJ and Aya looked over the briefcase. "That sure is a lot of money," Aya said.

"Sure is," JJ agreed. "We'd probably be fools not to take it, huh?"

“That you would now mind you this is just a small offer work for me and I can offer you a lot more.”

JJ and Aya exchanged a smile and started snickering, then full out laughing.

Roberta sighed and left the room taking the kids with her.

Solex on the other hand tapped his fingers on the table.” Is something funny?”

"Your underling obviously figured it out," JJ said. "Can't you?"

"Look..." Aya sighed. "We're not perfect. Most everyone on our team has done something wrong in the past, and none of us are saints."

JJ nodded in agreement. Her smile faded as she stared daggers at Solex. "But we try to be goid people. You? You're a monster. Roberta is a monster. You're all either monsters or poor saps being forced to work for monsters. So if you think there is any amount of credits, latinum, gold, treasure, or shiny, shiny trinkets you can give us to ever work for you... you're a fool."

Ravio looked between them and Solex, even she with her usually calm composure looking nervous as she back away and the Cubator hid behind the Cartus.

Solex said nothing but he stood up, JJ ears dropped down as both her and Aya saw just how tall Solex was. He waved his fingers and one of the pirates brought in Aeshleight, who was tied and bound up.

Aya grit her teeth. "Let her go, she has nothing to do with this!"

“Ou no she does now because declining my offer and laughing at it, now means you are not my allies. But I’m a man of sport two minutes, you have two minutes to make it to the shuttle and your ship, starting now.”

"What... what about her?" JJ quickly asked. "Let us take her with!"

Solex looked down at the woman and back at JJ, as he started at JJ he grabbed Aeshleight head with one hand and with what looked to be no effort snapped her neck around to where it was looking backwards.”

You now have a minute and forty five seconds, I suggest running before my mechs come after you.” He said in a cold tone of voice.

JJ cried out, and Aya grabbed her hand. "Come on! We've got to go!"

"I'll kill you!" JJ yelled through her tears as they ran out of the room. "You're dead, Solex?"

Solex just chuckled at the threat, and went back to his chair.” Yes run little Cartus run, I’m sure someone on this ship would love to make a nice toy out of you.”

"All my fault," JJ muttered as they ran. "Another one dead and it's all my fault! What will I tell her sister..."

"Focus, Jackie!" Aya yelled. "We can grieve later IF we survive."

JJ took several deep breaths and wiped her eyes, trying to consentrate. "Do you... think he'll give us two minutes?"

"Doubt it," Aya answered. "Even if he does, it isn't long enough to get to the docks, and I doubt he'd just let us fly out of here. Luckily..." She touched the Golden Wind shaped necklace on her neck. "He was a fool to tryst us with our hands free. We only need to survive for ten minutes assuming our plan works."

JJ nodded and ran faster. "Thank goodness for... being paranoid..."

As the two continued to run, they opened a nearby door and ran inside to hopefully catch there breathe.

“Well aren’t you two in quiet the pickle, when they turned around they saw the two kids from earlier but when the looked up they saw Roberta.” You really should have taken the offer.”

JJ raised her fists and Aya's eyes started to glow. "Surely you knew we wouldn't," Aya said. "Get away from us... or else send the kiddies away. I don't want them to be hurt in the crossfire."

“Calm down I’m not gonna fight you at least not yet.” Roberta jumped down and went to the side, she then opened up a hatch and went to her two children and put watches on there wrist.” You two won’t survive on the floor you will be dead in seconds, so kids I want you to escort them through the tunnels for three minutes after that you go back to work understand?”

They nodded eagerly, crawling into the hatch. Aya and JJ cautiously approached. "Why are you doing this?" Aya asked. "I'm pretty sure you hate us as much as we hate you."

"Not to mention what Solex will do to you if he finds out about this," JJ added.

"Solex knows you’re not gonna make it that's the point, might as well delay the chase. And I do hate the both of you and believe me as much as I want to cut your heads off right now, but you two especially that Tamarian friend of yours have given me the most fun I've had in ages. So that's why I'm keeping you alive, and don't worry about Solex I’ll be fine." Roberta looked at the two kids." Jesse Alexander come here."

They poked their heads out of the hatch. "Yes?" they ditifully asked together.

Roberta keeled down and hugged the two." You be careful understand just help them for three minutes no more no less." Roberta kissed both of them on the forehead, she looked at JJ and Aya. "You better take care of them, because if you if I don't see them at their post and your still on this ship you don't have to worry about the bots I will hunt you down personally and mount both your damn heads on my ship."

Aya and JJ nodded. "We'll make sure they stay out of harms way." They climbed down the hatch and Aya looked back towards Roberta, smiling lightly before they disappeared with the children.

Roberta put the hatchet back and left the room, there two minutes were up and droids started being deployed all over the ship. Roberta on the other hand went to engineering and waited for her kids.

Aya and JJ snuck through the inner tunnels of the station. The kids guided them for three minutes exactly before saying they had to go. JJ considered trying to convince the children to abandon the station and go with them, but she realized that would mean taking them into danger. The safest the kids could be was as far from them as possible.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The kids returned to engineering while the ladies crawled along. Back with Solex, Ravio tapped her foot impatiently. "Its been four minutes. We should have heard something by now..." She looked up at Solex. "Do you mind if I go find them? I could sniff them out... literally."

“By all means hunt them down, And the reason it’s taking so long is because Roberta showed them the tunnels. I recommend looking there.”

Ravio started for the door before skidding to a halt, turning around. "W-what? Roberta... helped them? How do you... why...?"

“If you’re wondering how, if you think I don’t have cameras all over your wrong. Now as to why I can assume it’s because they gave her a good fight, my second has been board for years she had no challenge now she does,”

Ravio shrugged. "Alright. An interesting turn of events."

"Can I eat them when they are dead?" Emerald asked, somehow standing next to Solex without him realizing it.

The man flinched in surprise.” Ugh sure by all means do what you want with the bodies, that is if you can catch them.”

Emerald raised her hands up, shouting, "Yay!" as she ran out of the room, Ravio following after. The Cubator sniffed the ground, picking up a trail and rushing off.

Meanwhile, Aya and JJ emerged from a service tunnel some distance away. They ducked into a shop and Aya glanced through a window. "The place is crawling with droids," she whispered.

"How long until they find us you think?" JJ asked.

"Not long." Aya gripped the necklace tightly. "Come on, where are you? You should have been here by now..."

“Move out come on and find them the can’t be that far away find them!” One of the pirate ordered to the droids.” That Cartus with the huge tits will make for an excellent breeding girl isn’t that right boys?”

“That Tamarian wasn’t bad looking ether, they will make great breeding winches.”

JJ grit her teeth. "Typical pirate scum. If we have to go down, I'm taking as many of them down with me as possible."

"Let's focus on trying to getting out of here," Aya stated. "If the kids were right, we shouldn't be far from the shuttle docs." She noticed Ravio walk by, ducking down. "Shit... the Cubator."

Said Cubator continued to sniff the air until stopping a few yards from the building. "Gotcha." She cleared her throat. "Ms. Jetstorm! Ms. Me! Come out now! We now you're in there! Why not make this nice and easy?" She waved for the other pirates to come by.

"Are we taking them alive?" Emerald pouted. "I wanted to eat them..."

"Let the boys have their fun with them first," Ravio said with a reassuring smile. "Then you can have them to yourself."

The two looked on in horror they were completely surrounded, the droids started moving in. On in particular crashed through the ceiling and pointed its weapons at the two.

Back in engineering Roberta locked on, tapping her fingers as her kids were right next to her.” Ah well it was an amusing chase while it lasted.”

They both looked sad, having hoped the two could get away.

JJ slowly raised her hands. "Can we take 'em?"

"Well..." Aya sighed. "There are dozens of droids. Dozens of pirates. A girl with incredible strength. And a Cubator that can see into the future. Plus we're unarmed."

JJ looked over. "So... maybe?"

Back in engineering, one of the men looked over to Roberta. "Um... we have a situation..." He gave her a nervous frown. "We have a ship coming in fast. And as soon as it got within firing range, all our defense systems suddenly... went into maintenance mode..."

“What! Kids go and hide somewhere.” Roberta then got on the intercom.” Battle station people we got a ship incoming and are defenses are on maintenance mode, forget the rabble hunters we got a real fight coming in.”

As everyone moved into position, back in Solex's office, a monitor started flickering until it showed a young boy. Then another did the same, then another until he was on every screen. "Mr... Solex?" Ash started. "I hate to get people in trouble, but whoever is taking care of your security isn't doing a very good job. Now, um... you have three people who belong to us."

“Well now this is quite the turn of events, now who are you?” Solex looking more intrigued by the figure.

"I'm Ash, the Golden Wind's holographic assistant. I'm afraid Ms. Aya Me feared a trap and had me tailing her signal this entire time." He put on his best war face, more cute then intimidating, but he was at least trying. "Now, you will return our kidnapped crew, or I will make you sorry."

“Holographic assistant huh.” Solex looked Ash over and looked at the monitors.” I dare say boy no simple holographic assistant you are quite interesting you’re clearly no dumb bot, are you a full blown A.I?” He asked more interested in Ash then JJ and Aya.

Ash slowly nodded. "That's right," he admitted, seeing no point in hiding it when Solex figured it out so quickly. "And as advanced as they come. I have real emotions, and that includes loyalty and respect for my peers. So you can imagine how I feel about our Captain or crewmates being taken captive by one of the most notorious pirates of the last millennia."

“My I had no idea that that woman had such an interesting machine, but unfortunately your allies are in a bit of a mess.” Solex nudged his head to the monitor, were ash saw JJ and Aya currently surrounded by the mech army.” As you can see your boss is in quiet the predicament, all I wanted was to have her work for me as my personal bounty hunters she declined.” He then pointed to the body still in the room.” So one of your ally’s hade to be made an example of.”

Ash's expression shifted to one of pure anger as he looked at Aeshleigh. His eyes focused on Solex as he said, "You were warned." The screens all shifted to show the sceen with JJ and Aya, where they were a out to be taken captive. Suddenly, one of the droids fired... at another droid. It made quick, precise headshots to three droids before three of the pirates fired at it and took it down.

Before it even hit the floor, another droid fired at the pirates, non-lethal shots to arms and legs, while two more droids started taking out their fellow robots. Ravio ran to cover with Emerald, shouting, "What the fuck is going on?!"

Solex smiled to the surprise of ash, he even started clapping.” My my that is impressive, but I wonder can you take over all of my droids?”

"No," Ash admitted over the comms. "But I can take over enough."

JJ and Aya ran as all hell broke loose around them. Ash could only hack into a few droids at a time, but he kept bouncing between them so the pirates were never sure where they'd be attacked from. Sometimes they'd shoot a droid he had already left. Sometimes they would shoot one he hadn't even touched out of fear.

Ravio and Emerald ran after the Captain and her first mate. "Roberta!" Ravio shouted into her comms. "Figure out what is happening or withdraw these damn machines! They're only making things worse! And where are Mei and Emile?!"

She picked up the Cubator and placed her earpiece in its ear. Her Cartus body then collapsed as the Cubator jumped to the ground and quickly grew to its larger, less attractive beastial form. They could move much faster this way. Emerald jumped on its back, and heard a voice in her head say, They are not getting off this station alive!

Roberta looked at the monitor and smiled.” Well to answer your question Mei is busy with flight training though she’s been deployed now, and Emile in messing with Bethany so he’s not helping. Don’t worry though I’ll be down there soon enough.” Roberta then contacted her ship.” Eddy shut down the droids we’ve been hacked, however it seems like only a few droids have been taken over.”

Eddy swung down to a monitor, rapidly typing. "I can isolate some droids and cut them off from the system, allowing us a few that can't be hacked. In the meantime, I'll withdraw all the rest. I... know you don't want to hear this, but I wish Bethany was still in programming. This never would have happened with her systems in place. Whoever is in charge now will probably lose his head for this."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
“I know and it infuriates me to no end, unfortunately this is were we’re at in this moment.” Roberta then looked down at Jessy and Alexander.” You two take care of each other I’ll be back.”

They both nodded, running off to take cover.

"Aya!" JJ looked back at the fast approaching pair. "How do you fight a Cubator?"

Aya looked back herself. She grabbed a rifle from a downed Droid and fired back, but it easily dodged. "With a lot of firepower all at once and as little thought as possible. They can unconsciously connect to the minds of everyone around them, predicting the immediate future almost perfectly by sensing what is happening around them and extrapolating the most likely sequence of events. Only a really jumbled mind or too much to dodge can overwhelm them."

"Great..." JJ grabbed a rifle herself as they neared the shuttle docs. There were four droids running with them, but since they weren't firing at them, she assumed Ash was controlling them.

When they neared the shuttle bays they saw that the doors opened, and One if the droids looked back and Roberta cut the bot in half.” Well ain’t this just grand you two made it this far.”

JJ, Aya, and the three remaining droids aimed their weapons at her. "Change your mind already?" Aya asked, not sounding surprised.

“Well now what do i do here, I could help my enemies escape insuring that only I get to kill them, or I could capture you two right now and get ravaged by my men Ou what to do.” She said actually thinking about it.

"You're not taking us alive," JJ stated simply, and looked past her to the quickly approaching Cubator. "Better make your decision fast."

"Are you really going to get anything out of fighting us here with your cat friend and that little freak?" Aya asked, and grinned. "You and I are supposed to have a rematch. You couldn't have been satisfied with how our last fight ended. Are you really going to give up a chance to have the best fight of your life stolen from you?"

“Quiet god damn you, I know that unfortunately for you using my blood lust to help you heh I don’t need it.” Roberta moved forward and pulled out one of her swords.” Because only I get to kill you.”

Aya nodded her head behind Roberta. "Tell them that."

Ravio and Emerald stopped by Roberta's side. If you're done chatting, are you ready to kill them?

“No but are you ready for a fight Emerald?” Roberta punched Emerald to the side and started attacking her.

"Come on!" Aya grabbed JJ's hand and pulled her into the shuttle bay, one of the droids following while two started firing at Ravio.

The Cubator swiftly dodged left and right, having to concentrate since it couldn't read the minds of machines. What are you doing, Roberta?! Have you completely lost your mind?!

"She's a big, fat traitor! Emerald yelled, quickly recovering from the punch and dodging Roberta's sword attacks. She was quick, but Roberta was quicker, continuously slicing into her. "I'm going to eat her!"

“Eat me that’s not gonna happen.” As Emerald went to strike Roberta, she dogged and sliced the lower jaw of Emerald off and kicked her to the ground.” My enemy they are mine to kill especially that Tamarin, and nobody else’s is allowed to kill her but me!” She yelled driving her sword into Emerald shoulder.

The girl cried out as best she could. Ravio made short work of the droids and turned their attention to Roberta. Oh, now you've done it. Now you face the strongest, smartest Cubator in the galaxy. Ravio charged while at the same time attempting to mind control Roberta into standing still.

Roberta could feel Ravio trying to enter her mind causeing her to fall to her knees, when she tried to attack Roberta her attack was blocked.” I.. will not... be controlled!” She said kicking her.

Meanwhile Solex looked at the fight in his office.” Well congratulations Ash was it you got my second fighting my new allies.

Ash reappeared on one of the screens, blinking wildly. "Um... no, I honestly didn't see that coming. I thought Roberta was super loyal to you."

“She is but it would seem I underestimated her need for an actual fight, I have been ignoring her.” When Ash turned around and saw Solex scowl it made the AI shiver.” Tell your boss that this isn’t over, and that I will make her life a living hell for those that fallow her, tell her my little friend that my men will now kill her and her friends.” Solex put his massive hand over Ash.” And you will be altered and broken to join me.” Solex then regained his composure.” Did you understand all of that?”

Ash shrunk down a bit. "Yes, I... will pass on the message..." He quickly disappeared, leaving before Solex found some way to harm him.

Back at the Shuttle port, the three combatants were staring each other down. Emerald had somehow reattached her jaw, but the bruises and cuts all over her body were healinging slower then they had at the start. Both Ravio and Roberta too were covered in gashes, cuts, and bruises, panting heavily. I never thought... a single human could... give me such a challenge... Ravio said.

The three looked up as the top of the port suddenly blew open, a shuttle rocketing off like a bat out of hell. It made its way towards the Golden Wind, eagerly waiting just above the station, the weapon systems still coming out of maintenance mode.

Well... I hope you're happy. They got away. Ravio snarled, getting ready to charge again.

“I’m ecstatic, the go away good that means I get to hunt them again. That means I finally have something to fight for.”

"Too bad you're going to die here and never have that chance!" Emerald jumped in to air. Roberta dodged back as Emerald punched down, leaving a large hole in the ground where Roberta had just been standing. Ravio moved in to try and slash Roberta while she was off balance after the dodge.

Roberta used the heal of her foot to slide under Ravio when she did so she jumped back up sliced Ravio back.” Hehe again this is fun, it’s been never thought I could find people that could keep up me.” She said chuckling to herself.

Ravio stumbled back a few feet. You are an odd one. I'd applaud your skills, your tenacity, and your drive if I didn't want to bite your head off right now.

“And I’m only fighting both of you with one of my swords, Imagine if a had both my weapons Ou the damage I could do.”

The door then opened and Solex came through and looked at Roberta Emerald and Ravio.” Wow you never cease to amaze me Roberta with your skills.”

Roberta immediately put hut sword down and bowed her head.

That... that's all?! Ravio snarled. She betrayed you! She lwt them get away!

“Quiet.” Solex said staring down Ravio.” I know what she did, she put herself above the crew and she knows what that means. Roberta come to the main hall of the ship.” Roberta stood up her head still down knowing what’s about to happen to her.

Ravio slowly shrank down and jumped into Emerald's arms. "Can we see too?" the girl asked.

“The hole fleet will see it.” After a few hours Solex appeared on a screen with Roberta behind him her hands tied up and dangling up.” My brothers and sisters today is a regrettable day, not only did the bounty hunter that I tried to bring to our side rejected my offer but they also got away. The reason for this was because of my second in command Roberta, you all know the code nobody is bigger then this Mary band of outlaws we all work together and leave our personal goals to the side. So you all know the punishment of this betrayal it would normally be death, however because of what this woman has give to all of us she must be beaten stripped of rank and exiled.”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Roberta stood there her upper body bare. Emile and Mei just looked on knowing that they couldn’t do anything.

Emerald and Ravio, now in her Cartus body once more, looked on sadly. They had expected punishment but not this. Despite trying to kill her just a few hours earlier, they felt sorry for her.

Solex grabbed a leather belt not wanting a whip so he wouldn’t sever her spine. Solex then started whipping Roberta each crack of the belt left a mark of blood and Roberta screaming in agony, Solex himself struggled after the forth lash taking a moment to turn around and contemplate what he was doing.” Keep going.” Roberta weakly said with tears in her eyes the rope being the only thing keeping her up.” You must keep going sir, I betrayed you, I betrayed you all I deserve this.”

Solex looked down and whipped his of what looked to be a tear, and went back to whipping Roberta eight more times.

"Stop!" As he lifted the belt for another swing, Jessica and Alexander rushed between him and Roberta. "She's had enough!" Jessie insisted.

"Please don't hurt her anymore!" Alex cried out, tears rolling down his cheeks.

Solex and the rest of the pirates looked on in confusion.” Why are you protecting her? She’s the reason you two are here.”

"Yeah, but... yeah, but..." Alexander was at a loss for words.

"She's nicer then she acts!" Jessie said. "And she's loyal to you, she only did this one thing wrong. And... and..." She stepped in front of her brother. "A-and I betrayed you to! I guided them through the tunnels..."

"Sister, I..."

"...by myself! If you are going to continue punishing someone... i-i-it's my turn!"

Roberta with what little strength she had crawled to two kids and used them as leverage to bring them under her.” My idea it was me, I.. told you two... to do that.. this is... my punishment.” Roberta said weakly.

Solex then kneeled down and lifted Roberta hair, and saw tears in them.” Ravio you will be my temporary second in command and Emile will lead the droids, dismissed.” Everyone quickly left the area while Roberta fell to the side.

Alex and Jessie ran to her side. "Roberta!" They cried out, trying to make sure she was still breathing.

Her breathing was faint and her vision was fading.” Why...why did... you help?”

"I don't... know..." Jessie said honestly, but gave a small smile. "Because you're bad, but... but not that bad. We're... starting to like you..."

Roberta passed out from the pain smiling at the kids.

The Golden Wind flew away from the station, now with its captain and first mate again. It was plus one shuttle and even a new droid... but minus one crewmate. Again.

JJ sat in contemplation in her ready room, her eyes staring at the blank screen of her monitor, barely noticing Aya staring at her from the couch. "JJ, please... don't..."

"Don't... tell me not to blame myself," JJ said. "It is my fault. I brought her with. If I hadn't, she would still be here, and I wouldn't have had to tell that little girl that not only is her sister gone, we couldn't even bring her body back..."

"It isn't your fault. It is Lucy, or Emerald, or whatever her name was' fault. It was Mei and Emile's fault. And most of all, it is Solex's fault." Aya looked down at Aeshleigh's sister, who had cried herself to sleep in Aya's lap. "The look on his face when he did it. It wasn't just... just evil or cruel. It looked..."

"Justified." JJ's eye twitched. "Like it was within his rights to do what he did. He thinks he can justify anything he does." She finally looked at Aya. "Well he can't. There are consequences to his actions, and someone needs to show him that."

Aya frowned. "JJ, now that we know where he is, the GFP..."

"The GFP can't, and won't, do shit!" JJ snapped. "Even if they had the power to do anything to him in this Quadrant of space, their chain of command is in shambles right now. No... no, we're the ones that need to take care of this..." She pressed a button on her screen. "Ash? Are you still linked to their computers?"

Ash's image appeared on the screen. "We, um... we're still within range for a few more minutes, but..."

"Then patch me through, and no backtalk." Ash had never seen JJ this serious. Even Aya hadn't. Only one man in the galaxy had ever seen her in a state like this before. And now one more was going to.

Solex went back to his quarter and rubbed his head after what he did to Roberta, he then heard his computer beeping and pulled himself together and opened his message and saw JJ.” Ugh what do you want Cartus?”

"Excuse me?" JJ narrowed her eyes. "I'm sorry, did I catch you at a bad time? Are you having a bad day, because I'm having a reeeeeally bad day too."

“I don’t care what day you’re having why are you contacting me Cartus?” He said in a more annoyed tone.

JJ folded her hands and gave a not-so-cherry smile. "I'm doing for you what you failed to do for me. I'm warning you. I want you to know that I'm coming for you."

Solex smiled and laughed at JJ threat you can’t be serious your threatening me, god you really are dumb aren’t you and here I was hoping to just show you my business half as a nice hit man of mine.” He said still laughing.

JJ folded her arms. "You can't intimidate me anymore. You strong. You have power. But you have no heart. I will take you down, no matter what. So prepare yourself, because the moment you killed Aeshleigh, you declared a war you can't win."

“I don’t remember asking you to speak.” Solex laughing died down and his scowl returned.” A war I can’t win my you are delusional, this isn’t some story book or some tv show little one were the good guy wins. Everything I see is mine! And everything I don’t see is mine to I just haven’t gotten to it yet, I don’t need heart Cartus I have an armada of pirates and mercenaries at my back while you have on small little ship. The only reason you lived today was because of Roberta and that A.I of yours never again, so then little Cartus do try and fight me I can garrote that your friends and your family will regret the decision you just made for them.” Solex ended the transmission.

JJ sat back and sighed. She had a lot to think about now... and a lot of planning to do.

A few weeks passed since and Roberta was sent to one of their Vassal colony, for her service Solex gave Roberta a mansion with plenty of open space for her and her kids and their pets.” Ugh welcome home kids, will be staying here.”

They looked around and were clearly impressed. It wasn't quite as big as their previous mansion but considering the awkward circumstance of them leaving, it was far more then they imagined they'd get. "So, um..." Jessie looked up at Roberta. "What are you going to do now?"

"Well i'm no longer a pirate so since this is our vassal colony, so the hope is I could find some work here enough to get me a ship. Then I can get my damn revenge on those damn bounty hunters!" Roberta sighed but looked at the two." But for now I need to see if I can get you into a school to at least occupy you two while I’m gone."

Jessie nodded. "Do you... have to get revenge?" Alex asked. "What if you get hurt?"

"I'll be fine, i haven't lived this long by being reckless. Well reckless too often." Roberta rubbed both their heads." Don't worry about me I’ll be fine, you two however I need to find a school for which is something I never thought I would end up doing in my life."

Jessie chuckled and scratched her cheek. "I mean, we don't... have to go to school..."

"You’re going to school, even I went to school. Even though mine was a lab facility but it still counts, besides you’re not just staying here doing nothing? You didn't do that on the ship you’re not doing it here, unless of course you want me to find you work around here?"

The children exchanged a look and shook their heads. "School," they said together.

"That's what I thought now then for now it's been a long trip, and you need rest." Roberta escorted the kids upstairs were she bathed them, put them to bed even read them a few books." Alright good night you two."

"Good night," they said together, curling up with their puppies. As she left, she heard Alex softly say, "Love you..."

Roberta stopped in her tracks, waited for a few seconds before closing the door Roberta heart was pounding as she heard Alexander say that he loved her. She grabbed her chest and slid on the ground." What is happening to me, I’m reading bed time stories? Hum maybe this isn't so bad after all." Roberta slapped herself." Come on Roberta you’re a killer an assassin, but what I want most of all in this galaxy is to kill JJ and Aya you two will pay with your lives for what happen to me."