The Starstream Adventures! (Sci-fi RP)

Dahlexpert

Part 4

The next day Bonny woke up and looked outside her window, and screamed at what she saw.” JJ!”

Jackie-Jackie and Aya both came rushing into her room moments later. "Bonny, are you okay?! What's wrong?!"

Bonny pointed outside her window, and what they saw was disgusting. There were bodies of police hung on a building in front of the mansion, the message just said I’m coming for you.” That’s just all sorts of wrong, that might be the entire local police department.”

Aya grit her teeth angrily and slammed her fist against the wall. "What's her problem?! The police force wasn't even involved in this!"

"She's a pirate," JJ muttered sadly. "She doesn't care who lives and who dies. Probably got some sick pleasure out of it too."

“But look at that that’s a hole department, I would like to take back what I said she’s terrifying.”

"I'll... call the local hospital," JJ said, turning to the others. "Try and get... this... cleaned up before too much of the family sees it. You two gather them all together and do not leave their sides. She's coming. And she isn't going to hurt anyone else if there is anything we can do to stop her."

“Yea um sure god this is gonna suck, what kind of person does this. Are we even dealing with a Tamarin at this point?” Bonny said getting dressed and went to get the bodies down.

Roberta looked at her handy work and looked at the mansion.” Prepaid yourselves little hunters, the game has only begun.” Roberta then left the area.

Three days after that and Roberta has not been seen and there has been no other.” Messages” from her. The Ravenwood and golden wing crew sat in the main chambers.

“This is frustrating three days since that message of hers and nothing, your spies haven’t seen her there’s been no other messages or warnings I don’t get it.” Bonny said.

"She's waiting us out," Sirius said, leaning against a wall. "Testing us. Probably watching us. Taking her time and seeing where our defenses are lacking." He took a drag from a cigarette. "Bet she's even been in the house a couple times..."

“That’s terrifying, and I don’t doubt it ether you think maybe she’s just intimidating us. I mean after that slaughter and after words she did nothing maybe she’s trying to put fear into us?”

"I'm pretty sure she already has," Bethany's sister said softly, her brother rubbing her arm.

Sirius nodded. "I'll admit, even some of my men are shaken after that display and the long wait..."

“This is a disturbingly effective tactic, we have our guard up ready for a second attack and nothing happens. Meanwhile she’s just looking at us scrambling around like chickens in a coop.”

"She'll make her move soon," Ravenwood stated. "If she waits too long, we might get comfortable again. Besides, I'm using some of my people to scour the city for her. Either they'll find her first, or she'll make her move."

Roberta was outside the mansion looking it over while cloaked, she then saw Marric walking to his personal training holoroom. She then fallowed him when he was inside the room, Roberta looked at the guards outside.

One was a tall, well build Shinso male, the other a slim, agile looking blonde Tamerin. Both looked rather anxious, shuffling nervously as Marric walked past them, seemingly unconcerned as he had them wait outside.

Roberta pulled out her sword, and use her empathy ability on the Shinso to put more fear into his mind. Roberta then jumped down and landed on the Tamarin bringing her to the ground.

The Shinso fell back, cowering in fear for a moment. "What the fuck!" the woman yelled, her hand quickly starting to generate electricity.

Roberta quickly cut her arm off and drove a dagger into her other arm.” Tamarins Ugh best get this done quickly.” Roberta then lifted her sword and was about to decapate the tamarin.

The other guard finally got his wits about him and reached for his side arm.

When he pulled it out and fired Roberta used the Tamarin as a shield to deflect the shot killing her, she then ran to the Shinso. He in a panic started fireing rapidly, she deflated the shots and quickly cut his hands off and decapitated him. Roberta then walked to the training room and knocked on the door.

"What?!" She heard walking towards the door. "What's all that noise out there? I'm trying to relax!"

When he opened the door he was met with a punch to his noise.” Ou don’t worry you will get a permanent all expense trip to hell.” She then closed and locked the door behind her.

"Wait, wait!" The man back away, holding his bloody nose. They were on a beach setting, a number of half naked Cartus and Shinso women all reacting with fear, though they were likely all holograms.

The man tripped as he walked back, falling on his backside. "Y-you're the one, right? The one coming after my sister and her brats? W-w-why are you here? I-I have nothing to do with them, I just live here!"

Roberta looked around and saw the setting.” Ou this is a horrible way to use a training room, don’t worry I’m not gonna kill you just hurt you really really badly.” She pinned the mans arms to the ground and pulled out a dagger ripped his eyes out he screamed in pain and Roberta put the eye in her bag.” Enjoy your pathetic vacation.” She said walking to the exit.

"You stupid cunt!" he yelled after her, holding his face where his eye once was. "I'm going to enjoy seeing them rip out your organs and parade you through the city like a trophy!"

“Ugh you can’t just suffer in peace can’t you, but I’m on a deadline so.” Roberta shot the man head killing him instantly. When Roberta open the door she saw the entire Ravenwood and golden wing mercenaries in front of her.” Ou the welcoming committee.”

Ravenwood himself stepped forward, cigarette in hand. He blew out a stream of smoke and flicked the butt away. "You kept us waiting. Made an awful lot of noise coming in though. Why...?" He looked past her and frowned. "Oh, I see. Luckily he wasn't on our list."

“But he was on mine.” Roberta pressed a button and her armor went back to her watch revealing her face, to the surprise of most she has died her hair white some tattoos and a fairly large bust.” Greetings I’m Roberta and for about thirty of you the last opponent you will ever face.”

Sirius chuckled. "Oh, you're an arrogant one, aren't you? You think you can take on a whole squad of my hunters because you killed a few dozen cops?" He shook his head and turned around, walking away as he lit another cigarette. "Kill her. And don't worry about collateral damage."

As he left, half of the squad aimed various weapons at her while the other half readied hand weapons.

Roberta growled in annoyance and her armor came back, and she pushed a button on her chest.

Back on the pirate fleet Emile saw Roberta on the camera on her chest her as well as her vitals.” Humm Bethany come here.”

Bethany got up from the couch and walked over. "Is that who she's facing?" She folded her arms. "They went even more overboard then I thought they would..."

"Get some papers and analyze Roberta fighting style heart rate, how she holds her swords analyze every detail of this fight."

"Um... okay?" Bethany grabbed some papers and pencils and sat next to him. "You sound like you're teaching me how to fight her."

"Because I am, See Roberta has me do this for every big fight she's in I usually make a robot to fight with her. But she's been destroying them all lately, so because of your anger towards her you will help me make a new done for her."

Bethany smirked. "Alright. But don't blame me if it is too much for her."

"I'm not just look at the screen."

Roberta looked at the me and woman and pulled out two of her swords, and a dagger on her tail she cracked her neck and just stood there."

"Stand aside." Another heavily armored man, human, stepped foward with a pair of blades himself. "I'll take care of this."

"You can't steal the bonus from us!" one of the others yelled. All the man had to do is retract his helmet and give everyone a sinister glare, and nobody else said anything. His helmet returned, and he turned back to Roberta. "Don't make this boring." He swung his swords in an X pattern.

"Ugh" Roberta rolled her eyes and put one of her swords back and the dagger on her tail back. Roberta charged the man.

"Think you can take me!?" The man slashed both swords forward. Despite his pompous attitude, he looked to finish it quick by slicing Roberta up.

Roberta quickly deflated both swords and use her arm to punch this man I in his face.

Her nano-strengthened armor bunched through his visor, and he stumbled back, holding his face. "K-kill her!" he squeaked out, and the bounty hunters raised their firearms again.

Roberta quickly cut his head off for wasting her time, and pulled out her second sword and used her bullettime to see what she could do, she could cut and dogged the bullets and add more fear into them. Or she could go behind the holoroom and try and take them down one by one, she decided to go with the first option and charged forward. She then started to cut through the shots and even dodged some of them getting closer and closer to the firing squad.

Bonny looked in terror, never has she seen nothing like that.

"Pull it together, Bonny!" Aeshleigh jostled her shoulder before aiming her sniper rifle from the back of the room. "Dodge this," she muttered, firing.

To the shock of Aesh, Roberta did dogged the shot and it hit one of the fireing teams. With that Roberta quickly slit the throat of two of them and used her dagger on her tail to cut into the a mans neck she grabbed him and used him as a bomb, taking his grenade pulling the pin and placing it into the dead body and kicked him into a group.

They scattered, but the blast took two more and injured three. With the gunners picking themselves up, the melee fighters moved forward, prepared to take her in close quarters.

Dahlexpert

Part 5

Roberta turned to the melee fighters and smiled.” As fun as this would be, I have a job and a deadline to meet so.” Roberta pointed to the clouds and several loud noises could be heard around the area, and giant pods came from the sky’s and Mechs emerged from them. Most were a upgraded solder type to others being war droids.” Have fun with these.” Roberta said clocking and running off.

Everyone tried to run for cover, many being gunned down before they could reach it. "Damn it," Aeshleigh muttered, turning her attention to the machines. "Bonny, try and cut her off!"

“Did you not just see what she did to your firing squad he’ll no I’m not getting any were near that monster.” Bonny did however go on to the battlefield and started fighting at the bots she fired her shot gun a the droids, but there armor was much bulkier then a normal droid. Bonny then switched to plasma rounds and tried to help who she could.

Emile looked at Roberta through her cam and turned to Bethany who just had her mouth gaped open.” Do you see why I tell you not to provoke her.”

Bethany slowly nodded. "I... didn't realize she was so skilled in combat. I... her psionic power is incredible..."

“And it’s just getting started she did that to put fear into them, now when they see her they will hesitate when they see her.”

Bethany sat back and shuttered, knowing her family's chance of survival had dropped dramatically.

Emile looked at Bethany and put his hand on her shoulder.” Don’t worry I give you a new family, but for now you don’t need to see this.”

She nodded, and stepped away. She sighed as she laid on the couch and curled up into a ball.

Meanwhile, Roberta met little resistance. What few men and women hadn't been there in the beginning were quickly cut down. She stopped suddenly in front of the library. Zetana, JJ, and Sirius stood in her way.

Ravenwood let out a long whistle. "Well, color me impressed. I must say, I owe you an apology. Guess you can hang with the big boys. Guess I should have gone with quality of quantity with this job." He grinned wickedly. "Speaking of quality, you ever consider being a bounty hunter, because we could use someone as skilled as you.

JJ scoffed in disgust. "You can NOT seriously be offering her a job right now," she said, though she didn't sound all that surprised.

“I’m not for sail, my master gives me everything I need and more. I don’t need pocket change like you lot do.” Roberta looked at JJ.” Hum so yours JJ huh I was expecting more from a Cartus.”

JJ snared at her. "Get the family into the panic room," she barked at Sirius. "We'll take care of this."

"Really?" Ravenwood chuckled. "You are so vindictive against me you'd rather fight with your little dragon friend..."

"Yes!" She snapped. "Now go!"

Sirius shrugged. "Alright... your funeral..." He waved to Roberta as he walked into the library. "Have fun."

“My target isn’t you or your friend there, whatever she is I’m actually is I’m actually not meant to kill you or your crew.” Roberta put the swords away and pulled out a staff.” So here’s your chance turn around and walk freely or get knocked out.”

"What is she talking about?" Zetana asked.

"Something to do with a hitman named Ghost. Don't worry about it." JJ raised dual pistols, one gauss, one laser.

Zetana hoisted up a spiked war club similar to an Earth kanabō, using her people's unusual strength to lift it effortlessly. "Can we do this? She was able to avoid most of Ravenwood's men."

"We have to try." JJ smiled. "Have a little faith." The two women stepped forward, circling to either side of Roberta. "I don't want to kill even you," the Cartus captain said. "But I will if I have to."

“Aw that’s cute but I gave you a chance, and now I have to knock you out.” Roberta jumped up and attacked Zetana.

Zetana blocked her attacks, but just barely, and was stuck on the defensive. "Sh-shoot her!"

"I can't get a clean shot!" JJ cried out, her hands waving about as she tried to follow the Tamerin's quick movements. "If I miss I'll hit you!" She scoffed, holstering her guns and running towards them as she pulled out a pair of daggers.

Zetana, meanwhile, figure if she couldn't use her hands for anything but defense, she could use her tail to try and trip Roberta up.

As she tried to Roberta quickly kicked Zetana stomach and slammed her staff into the tail of her.

"Ow!" Zetana stmbled back. "Bitch hit my tail! Who does that?!"

JJ ran up at Roberta and threw a punch, but was surprised when Roberta caught her fist. "Y-you're fast..."

“I’m not my masters second in command for no reason.” She said pulling JJ closer and stomping on her back leg bringing her down, Zetana tried her tail again only this time accidentally hitting her side.

"Damn it!" Zetana took a deep breath in. JJ let out a yelp and rolled to the side as the dragon girl breathed out a stream of fire.

Roberta eyes widened as she ran towards the wall and was running up it to the sealing, when Zetana ran out of breath Roberta dropped down behind her and used her mind control.” Easy now you don’t wanna hurt me.”

Zetana's will was stronger than most, but her people weren't very resistant to psionics. She held her head and muttered, "Don't... want to... hurt you..."

“Good dragon now I need you to.” Roberta heard shouting behind her she then moved to see Bonny punching a hole in the ground.

“Are you two kidding me I leave you alone to fight some bots and this happens!?”

Zetana shook her head rapidly. "W-wha happened?"

“Ou you’re back you let this assassin take you for a good little bit, and you JJ I ought to knock you out personally.”

JJ climbed to her feet and wiped the sweat from her brow. "What took you so long? Beat me up later, she's one tough bitch. You should know that by now."

“I know I still don’t think we can beat her.”

Roberta looked at the three and pulled her staff apart when she pushed a button an electrical current came out of them.

"Oh, fancy." Zetana cracked her neck and smiled with more confidence then usual now that it was three on one. "Let's do this."

Zetana charged from one angle with an overhead attack with the war club. JJ came from a second angle, daggers ready to pierce, while Bonny charged from a third.

For the first time in years Roberta she actually smiled under her armor, Roberta charged Zetana first dogging the club and hitting her with shock baton. However Bonny came from behind and punched Roberta side, the punch felt like she was hit by a brick. She quickly recovered and attempted to kick Bonny only to be caught.” Got you.”

While she was being held, JJ came in with a flying drop kick to the side.

Roberta dropped to her side but quickly bounced herself back up, she then lunged herself at Bonny hitting her with the boton, but JJ knock one of them out of her hand and she was met with punch to her jaw while Roberta grabbed her weapon with her tail. This ended up with the two Cartus taking turns fighting Roberta, while one missed her and got shocked the other would land a hit and Roberta would back herself up.

Zetana watched in shock as the Cartus pair worked in perfect sync, but she noticed the constant shocks were really wearing them down. She held her palms in front of her face and breathed into them, starting to form a massive fireball. When it was done, she held it up and watched the group, waiting for her chance to throw it.

Roberta kicked the bother of pushing them back.” Ou wow this is fun, it’s been a while since I haven’t used my power and get this delayed.”

JJ huffed, and lept forward with a spinning vertical kick. "Shut up and go down!"

Roberta fought JJ and a blue till could be seen from her helmet.” Play time is over now.” Roberta increased the voltage of her baton and shocked JJ bringing her to the ground.”

“No!” Bonny threw a punch at Roberta but was caught and she used the baton on Bonny shocking her and bringing her to the ground.

Dahlexpert

Part 6

“Thanks for the brawl lady but I have a job to do and from what I see that bastard is still in there.”

"Don't forget about me!" Zetana finally threw the massive fireball.

Roberta turned around and saw the fireball coming her way, while she could doge it she looked down at JJ and Bonny and how they were still shocked." Damn it." I can't let them die the boss would kill me. Roberta thought to herself she then quickly kicked both JJ & Bonny out of the way of the fire ball, but Roberta didn't have enough time to doge the fire ball and took it head on.

Zetana jumped up and down. "Yes! Take that, bitch!"

While Roberta layed on the ground her armor brunet she looked into her sack and saw the eye was brunet to a crisp. Her eyes winded and she slowly got back to her feet.

Emile could see her heart rate spiking." Ou no Robert stop you can't kill them, Roberta listen to me your not allowed to."

Roberta turned off the ear piece and slowly got back to her feet, she then tossed the two batons to the side and pulled out her swords." Can't kill no, but maiming them is perfectly fine." Robert armor diapered back to it's watch. She then just stood there looking at Zetana with blood shot eyes.

Zetana took a step back, stumbling on her own weapon and falling to the ground. "No..." she muttered, backing up slowly.

"Yes" Roberta charged forward slammed her sword into Zetana kneed and the other one into her shoulder." You will lay here while I do my job, and if my targets are gone so help you and your friends because I don't care anymore. I will kill you all understand." She said twisting her blades.

Zetana screamed in pain. "Yes! Stop!"

Roberta pulled her swords out."Good." Roberta walked to the library.

There was a bookcase moved to the side to reveal a large steel door, which Sirius stood before. "Must be getting tired," he muttered, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a bix of cigarettes. "You smoke?" he asked, offering her one.

“No I’m in a bad mood right now, so I’m gonna make you an offer you can’t refuse.”

"Oh? That's usually my line." Ravenwood shrugged. "Alright. Let's hear it."

“Your people down here are destroyed, the golden wing is beaten and all that’s left is you. And if you think me being beaten up gives you an advantage, I still have a few tricks for you so here’s my offer a once in a lifetime opportunity.” Roberta turned and pointed her sword at the door.” Leave get out of my way and out of my life do so and you won’t see me again, don’t and you will see your creator.”

"You know... I have a few tricks up my sleeves too. And there is a good chance I'll beat you." He lit a cigarette and took a long drag from it. Slowly blowing out the smoke, he muttered, "But then... I have underestimated you a lot. And I don't want to lose a limb fighting you. Promised Mel I wouldn't abandon her... but it wouldn't be the first time I've disappointed her..."

“So you’re taking my offer and leaving?”

"Yeah... sorta. Can't just leave though. I do have a reputation to keep." He put out his cigarette and put it in his pocket. "Alright... let's do this. Hit me as hard as you can."

Roberta looked at the man and did what he wanted, she ran up to the man and punched him as hard as she could and brought him to a knee.

He coughed and wheezed, holding his stomach. "Yeah... that's gonna bruise..." He slow stood up and pulled out a gauss pistol firing it several times at the entrance of the library, giving the illusion he had tried and failed to hit Roberta. He then walked to the side of the room and sat against a bookshelf after knocking it down. "You know this can't get out, right? And if it does, well... I'll be unhappy..."

"I could cut you with me swords, make it look more convening that way no one could ever doubt you. And don't worry I will make sure that nobody knows about this."

"Good. Don't worry about the swords though. Rather not risk you getting any ideas. No offense." He look over to the door. "You have one more challenger beyond that door though, and she's not going to back down."

"Ou and who would that be?"

"Aya Me. Second in command of the Golden Wind, and the last line of defense should you be able to get in." Sirius laid back and closed his eyes. "I have no idea how competent a fighter she is... so good luck."

Roberta smiled as she walked to the were the bunker was and knocked on the entrance. "Aya Me are you in there and if so are my targets there?"

There was a moment of silence before, surprisingly, the door to the panic room slowly opened. It was a fairly large room, complete with a few side rooms with bed in them. Aya stood in the middle, arms crossed. "Let's get this over with." She stepped to the side and pointed to a side room. "They're in there."

Roberta looked confused and did a double take." Ar... are you serious, your just gonna give them to me no fighting no last stand no nothing?"

Aya walked forward, standing next to the door and waving her arm. "After you."

Roberta looked more confused. But fallowed Aya, she then had a thought and looked at Aya." Why don't you go first, after all I’m sure they would trust you more."

"That won't be necessary. I just needed you away from the door." She pulled out a remote and hit a button on it, causing the door to slam shut and lock. She then snapped the remote in half. "I'm sorry. I'm an honest person and I don't usually care to lie to anyone, but considering you have likely hurt or killed several of my friends, I made an exception."

She turned to face Roberta. "Your scare tactics were effective. Too effective, in fact, and the family insisted on a plan B. When you quite loudly assaulted the mistress' brother, it was clear the B plan had to be taken into effect. So here is the deal." Aya gave Roberta a serious look. "By now, they are halfway to the space port. If you can beat me quick enough, you can probably catch up with them and finish your job. I could try and stall you longer but I doubt that'll be needed." She took a deep breath. "Shall we begin?"

Roberta smiled at Aya and pulled out her swords and put the dagger on her tail." Ou I've actually been looking forward to this, of all the people I wanted to face I wanted you." Roberta lunged herself at Aya Me.

Ayame raised her arm, and Roberta's swords hit a shield made of pure psionic energy. Finally, she was facing someone that might not only test her physically, but mentally as well. Aya shouted with exertion and a blast of telekinesis sent Roberta flying back. "I was watching you on the cameras in here before something knocked the systems out." She held out her hand. "You have such promise as a fighter. Too bad it is wasted on piracy." A circle appeared over her palm, and several bullet-like telekinetic lances fired at Roberta.

Roberta used her Bullet time and started to cut the bullet like lances and started to lunge again at Aya, only this time she started to attack her center forcing Aya back. "Wasted if it wasn't for this I would be the personal assassin of some militia some were or a terrorist group, piracy is so much better." Roberta lunged her swords trying to hit Ayame stomach.

Aya used her telekinesis to push the swords. They cut across her belly, but at least they didn't skewer her. While Roberta was off balance, Aya formed a psionic dagger to try and plunge into Roberta's shoulder.

Roberta took the knife and used her the dagger on her tail to repay her back in the shoulder, she then head butted her and kicked her to the side." Ou your fun, it's been forever since I had a fight like this, ou kind are just so boring to fight mostly because of the arrogant."

"It doesn't have to be this way!" Aya shouted, still trying to get through to Roberta. "I know you have had a hard life. All Pon-Taers do. But you can be so much better then a killer and a pirate!" She fired off a series of lances again, but Roberta again dodged them. She still has so much psionic energy left. Need to do something about that.

"Will you shut up!" Roberta slashed her swords at Aya when she she did miss Roberta she steeped on Aya foot and head butted her." I was born in a tank, I was made to do one thing kill i'm laterally a killer by design."

Dahlexpert

Part 7

"We are... what we choose to be, not what others try to make us..." Aya flew up into the air, and nine tentacles of psionic energy sprouted from behind her, rushing towards Roberta in an attempt to drain her psionic energy.

Roberta eyes winded as she looked a Aya she constantly fell back trying not to let Aya touch her with her tentacles.

One managed to graze her arm. In the brief time it touched her, she should feel her psionic energy drain a bit.

Roberta eyes widened as her psi energy was take even if it was just a small bit, when another one came Roberta cut through it showing it was physical. She then stepped back trying to figure out how to do this.

Aya sprouted another tendril to replace the one she had lost. It took energy to make these, however, so there was a trade off that made this a war of attrition. Aya spent psionic energy making the tendrils, but stole it back from Roberta and wore her down through dodging. It would almost be even if Roberta didn't know she was on a time limit.

The violet haired Tamearin looked quite intimidating, floating in the air, eyes glowing, tendrils whipping about. She also looked a bit... blurry. Why was Roberta's vision going? Why was she starting to feel light headed? And why did Aya look like the same thing was happening to her?

“No no no, I will not be knocked out by this upstart!” She shouted as she tried being more offensive use all three of her weapons at once.

She started to close in on Aya, but the lady from the Golden Wind only smiled. "Looks like it is starting to take effect. You see, this room is completely sealed off, so there is a device in here to generate Oxygen for the occupants. I just had to fiddle with it a bit to make it suck out the oxygen instead. In a few minutes, there won't be enough air in here for either of us to remain awake. Better hurry."

Roberta eyes widened and for once there was a hint of fear in her, she decided to pull back. Whatever little power Roberta had left she used on herself, she used her empathy on herself to change her panic state into a calm one. She then decided to end thing as quickly as possible before she could die from a lack of oxygen, her eyes were a deep blue Roberta decided to put all her psi energy into her more enhanced ability’s her ESP and her bullet time. When she attacked Aya again she was much faster than before. Whenever she tried to use her tentacles they were cut instantly, if she tried to doge or back up she was cut by her sword or dagger, it was clear this is a description move for Roberta sake, she was taking in so much air doing this just so Aya couldn’t escape her.

Aya lowered to the ground, and used the last of her psionic energy to form a pair of swords. She rushed Roberta, yelling, "I won't.. let you... kill... anyone else!"

Roberta blocked the attack easily, but her power was fading quickly as well as her vision, while the two dulled it was clear that Roberta was the superior. Whenever the locked Roberta would us the dagger on her tail to throw her cut her shoulder and side.

After several minutes of back and forth, the lack of oxygen and wounds took their toll on Aya. She fell to her knee, her psionic swords dropping from her hands and shattering on the floor. "Won't... let you... get away..."

The lack of oxygen and her power draining Roberta fell to her knees.” It... doesn’t... matter... what... you... want.” Roberta pushed some and a shuttle came crashing into the library.

As it destroyed the door to the and oxygen came rushing in, Aya took a deep breath and shook her head. "This isn't over. I won't let you go. You'll... have to kill me..."

As Roberta took a deep breath as well and she started to look at Aya she smiled it doesn’t what you want, my targets are on a station that’s all I needed to hear.” The shuttle then pointed it weapons at Aya.

Aya looked at them, then glared at Roberta and simply sat knelt there, waiting.

However Roberta just ran past Aya and jumped on to the shuttle." Not today kiddo, but thank you for telling me were my targets are. And if they did get away i'm sure will do this again." The shuttle then lifted out of the library while another ship came for the mechs.

Aya stared off at the shuttle at it disappeared from sight, then sat back and stared at the ground, her failure weighing heavy on her mind. After all Roberta had been through before reaching her, she still failed to beat her, and now people were going to die. She let out a scream of frustration that sent out a telekinetic blast that rocked the entire manor.

As Roberta entered her shuttle, she fell to the ground her body being in eminence pain after today. She then crawled to her chair and took some morphine to releave some of her pain." I'm coming you damn bastards you won't get away from me." Roberta looked at the shuttle that carried her mechs. "Might be best to send the bots to retrieve them."

Down at the shuttle station, the mother, daughter, and son trio were rushing to get to their private shuttle, carrying the minimum amount of luggage they could.

It was then they say two shuttles coming from a distance one fired at the family while the other dropped droids all around them, one very tall droid came down and started to walk to the family. The V.I looked at the family and confirmed that it was the family.” Roberta from her shuttle looked down at the family.” Boys get in that shuttle and see if the Cartus are inside.” ‘The drone nodded and they did indeed go into the shuttle looking for the Cartus,

The Cartus were indeed waiting in the shuttle, prepping it for takeoff, when they stopped at the sight of the droid.

The droids grabbed the Two Cartus and dragged them outside, once everyone was out the shuttle landed and Roberta came stumbling out. Her wound and her absent psi power taking its toll on her.” Do you know how much of my time you have wasted with this little stunt?”

The mistress stepped forward. "Please, take your anger out on me but let my children go."

“Humm no.” Roberta used her sword to slit the throat of the mother.” And since I don’t have the time for this. “She cut the sun throat as well.

Dahlexpert

Part 8

The daughter fell back, bursting into tears. "Y-you're a monster!"

“Ou you god damn right I’m a monster, I’m tired I’m beaten up and I’m angry. But I got my job done even with interference.”Roberta looked at her droids.” Lock and chain them up!” The droids put shock colors, on the three women and put them on her shuttle.

Back at the pirate fleet Emile turned to Bethany after shutting of the camera.” Sorry for your lose if that’s worth anything.”

Bethany was curled up in a ball, having heard the screams of her sister as her mother and brother were slain. "Thank you," she whispered, sobbing softly.

Emile rolled his eyes and turned the monitor offed.” Come here.”

Bethany sighed and got up, walking over to him.

Emile then rubbed her head.” Ou my poor pet, I’m sorry this had to happen to you my poor little thing, would you like a hug?”

"No," she said softly. "I need to work. Let's... go work... on that machine you were talking about. I think I have a few ideas on how to improve it."

“Are you sure you don’t want to grieve for your loved ones?”

"I'll grieve for them later," she answered, wiping her eyes. "We have work to do..."

“If you insist, but do know if you try and kill Roberta with this bot it will be both our heads on the line understand?”

Bethany nodded. "Of course. I would never do anything to put you in danger... my master."

Emile smiled and rubbed her head.” That’s a good girl, now then let’s get to work shall we.”

The Golden Wind was solemn and quiet, no one wanting to speak after another spectacularly failed mission. Although many of Solex's robotics forces had been destroyed and there were no casualties as of yet, nearly everybody was injured, Zetana was in critical condition and on death's door thanks to a lack of Ignis blood to make up for the blood she had lost, and the loss of the family they were supposed to protect weighed heavily on everyone's mind.

Blisk sat alone at the bar, save for Ash who quietly cleaned the counter. He said nothing to the Kortovog, sure Blisk was unhappy he couldn't have been down there to help.

"Blisk." Jackie-Jackie approached him from behind, sitting next to him. "We need to talk..."

“About what, I knew about Roberta and in all my years of being a bounty hunter I’ve never seen anyone like that not even other Tamarin.” Blisk took a drink of his shari.

"Me either. Even with Bonny at my side, and Zetana..." JJ closed her eyes sadly. "I need to do better. That's twice I've lost. I need to be stronger. I need to be faster. I need... to be... better. And training alone won't get me where I need to be. You know what that means, right?"

“You’re gonna take your training more seriously while I find smoke bounty’s on pirates to get us some good money and make everyone feel better.”

"She means she wants cybernetics and gene mods," Aya corrected, sitting on the other side of Blisk.

JJ sighed. "Aya, I know how you feel about this. But if you came to try and talk me out of it..."

"I didn't." Aya reached over the counter and grabbed something large, green, and full of alcohol. "I... came to join you..."

Blisk spit his drink across from him and started coughing. “What you to Aya?! But aren’t you against it!”

"Aya, please," JJ said with equal confusion. "It was a tough loss for everyone but..."

"I had the best shot at beating her," Aya interrupted, pouring a shot and taking it. "I have psionics on par with hers. But my body failed me. I have trained every day for the past fifteen years to get myself ready for a fight like this, and between the crew, you, Bonny, and Zetana, and Ravenwood before me, I should have won. But I was too weak."

She took another shot and gave them both a serious look. "To hell with personal reservations, and to hell with the taboos of a society that already rejects me because of the way I was born anyway. I'm not keen on cybernetics... but I want those gene mods. I will face Roberta again, and when I do, I will win... or die trying."

“You both serious about this?” They both nodded in agreement, Blisk sighed and looked at his cybernetic arms.” Well I was planning on getting my limbs back anyway and getting gen modded as well, so why not, luckily for you two after my hunt I talked to my machinist and she pointed me to a great person for this type of thing, he’s proud of his work and is fairly reasonable.”

JJ nodded. "Thank you, Blisk." She looked down at her hands, opening and closing them. If I had done this sooner, maybe some lives would have been spared..."

Aya lowered her head, feeling the same. "Thank you, Blisk," was all she said, taking another shot.

“It’s no problem, I’m always happy to help people improve themselves. I’ll make content with that doctor, Ou and JJ I recommend that you get the gen mods, be a shame to have a body like yours cut up and have cybernetic on it.”

JJ smiled sweetly at him. "You're the best, Blisk."

“Yea I’ll get to calling the doctor and finding some bountys for us to bounce back from this.”

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and ZombieSplitter: Running Towards Fate

The GFP headquarters was going nuts with activity as Master tore his way through it. In the main command center, Admiral Witherspoon slammed her fist on a console. "What are you morons doing!?" she demanded of her field troops, the fields currently being their inner halls. "He's one man! ONE MAN! Somebody kill him before he gets any deeper into this facility!"

Master continued to march forward. His armor had already been covered in blood dirt and dent from the constant fighting. His missile salvos had now been depleted. His life would end today... But, for now, he would remind the GFP why he was a threat. He grabbed the barrel of an abandoned tank and lift it into the air, throwing it straight at the Admiral. "One man is stronger than a thousand cowards!"

She dived out of the way, the barrel crushing half the people in the command center. "Fine... you want to play that game? I'll play along..."

She ran out of the room and quickly got on an elevator going down. Far down. Before the doors closed, a captain jumped in after her. "Admiral, where are you going?! You can't just abandon you post at a time like this!"

"You're going to regret following me," is all she said, and ignored him for the rest of the trip down. She stepped out into a basement level several floors down, and looked up at the large mechanized object before her.

"This... this is..." The captain gawked as he stared at it. "This is... a Demigor battlewalker! No... no, it's too new... a recreation with modern tech! Even if having the machine alone wasn't outlawed, the need for a built in A.I. system goes against everythi-"

He dropped to the ground after the Admiral shot him in the back. "I told you you'd regret following me," she said coldly as she fired two more shots into the back of his head. She silently jogged up to the machine and punched in a code, a passage in slowly opening.

Meanwhile, above ground, Commander Daniels stepped around a corner with a rather large weapon, the equivalent to a plasma rocket launcher. "That's far enough!" he shouted as he took aim.

Master pulled a belt of grenades from a dead soldier, removed a pin, and tossed it towards the Commander. "Your pathetic attempts to resist bore me... You wish to stop me? Then show me true vigor!"

The Commander ducked behind cover, having to drop his heavy weapon to do so, and it was destroyed in the blast. "Shit!" He grabbed a plasma rifle off a fallen elite soldier and shouted. "Why are you doing this! I know you, I've read your file! You were a good man and a better soldier!"

"I was blind..." Master muttered as he continued to combat the foot soldiers. "I failed to see the fiends that rot away at the government I swore to protect. When I was left at the brink of death by the leaders I admired... My eyes were opened. Now, with my decayed body and weaponized prison, I will expose those who have been corrupted by power. If it means I must destroy the Federation as a whole... Then so be it."

"There has to be another way!" The Commander shouted even as he loaded his new weapon. "I... I can help you, just stop fighting! Even you will die if you continue!"

It was at that point that Master paused and turned towards the Commander. "I never said I came here expecting to survive."

Daniels stared him down for a few seconds, knowing that only made him more dangerous, and let out a primal yell as he fired.

-----

Deep below the surface in the safety of a secret bunker, thirteen of the top fourteen Admirals watched the horror play out on screens. "We should call Witherspoon back," one of them said. "We are safe here. He will never reach us."

"But our soldiers!" another cried out. "They are dying by the droves! We need to help them."

"There will always be more soldiers," said a third coldly. "They can always be replaced. We can not."

"Damn it, how can you think lik-" Started the second when the entire base started to shake.

"No... she wouldn't," a fourth said in shock.

-----

The ground split open to the left of Master. Among the smoke and debris and falling bodies, the monstrosity that was the ien Walker rose up, slowly turning to face the man tearing his way forward.

"Holy shit..." Commander Daniels muttered. He could almost be forgiven for thinking this was some kind of attack from a millennia old enemy... if not for the big GFP logo on the machine's leg. "What the hell is going on?!"

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and ZombieSplitter: Running Towards Fate Part 2

Master simply began laughing. "I must admit, you are quite the reckless one... Admiral Witherspoon."

"Witherspoon?!" The Commander looked between him and the machine in disbelief. "No... it can't... the use of any Demigor technology has been illegal since...!"

A side cannon turned towards him, and Daniels exploded in a shower of gore. "Such a simpleton," Witherspoon said in annoyance. Pepping up her tone, she spoke into the machine speaker. "Admiral Gabriel Stoutfield! Is that really you? How long has it been?!"

"Eighteen years." The armored man said without hesitation. "Eighteen years since you had me sent to my death and used my 'sacrifice' as a means to justify your atrocities."

"Always the bleeding heart..." She said in annoyance. "Those 'atrocities', as you call them, and your sacrifice are all neccessary evils that have pushed the Government to what it is today! Can't you see they weren't even all evil? Can't you see when they were, the ends far outweighed the means?"

The jet boosters on Master's back began to rev up before he charged the machine. He used the momentum to send a heavy, armor plated fist into one of the legs of the weapon.

Despite its incredible size and durability, it actually stumbled back a few steps, though barely seemed damaged. "You know..." The Admiral started flipping several switches. "For most everyone else, sending you off to die was just business. But I never liked you. It was personal to me." A half dozen different laser guides pointed at Master at the same time. "Admiral Gabriel Stoutfield! I, High Admiral Jennifer Witherspoon charge you with treason against the Galactic Federation of Planets of the highest order! How do you plead?"

"Guilty."

The Admiral gave him a toothy grin. "Good. Then I shall administer your sentence myself. This time... stay dead!"

Two Smart Rockets fired out of the top of the Walker, immediately curving to target Master.

Both rockets collided with the man's armor, one destroying his leg while the other knocked off a shoulder plate. Master took hold of the leg he had attacked previously, digging his fingers into the metal plating. "High Admiral Jennifer Witherspoon! I, Commander Gabriel Stoutfield, accuse you of corrupt political and military practices as well as the creation of warmachines that go against the ideals of the Galactic Federation of Planets! How do you plea?"

"Corrupt! Ha! If I'm corrupt, 35% of the High Council is corrupt! So I'll go with Not Guilty!" She started powering a central weapon called called a Heat Dome Cannon, a cruel, outlawed Demigor weapon that boiled its victims from the inside out.

Master merely chuckled. "Are you sure you want to fire that? Are you sure you want to use an illegal and untested weapon? Is my death truly worth the consequences?"

"The only thing not worth doing to kill you is die myself!" The Cannon fired, a red beam of light rapidly heating up Master's suit, Witherspoon ignoring the warnings that it was also rapidly overheating the Walker's systems.

Master's armor began to melt and his systems ignited. He could no longer feel pain, no longer know if he was dying, no longer see his enemy. With only his voice system and life support remaining, he hummed his old war chime. The voice in his head stated. "Critical failure. Cooling systems compromised. Fusion core meltdown eminent."

"Die! Die! Die!" The Admiral yelled almost manically as the unfit metals of the Heat Dome Cannon started melting itself, comprising it. Several interior monitors sparked and sputtered, one catching on fire. Jennifer saw red too much to care.

Master continued to hum until both his suit and the Heat Dome Cannon erupted into an explosion of fire and radiation. His mission had finished... Now Gabe could die whole and die happy.

------
Westwood peeked around the corner before shooting the two guards. He quickly walked up to the door and plugged in General Stoutfield's old code. The door opened, prompting Alex to grunt. "I didn't think they would be this lazy... Oh well."

His vision was caught by the security cameras of the courtyard, where Master had already annihilated most of the defense forces. "Damn... He's really making work of that place. Judging by the damage, I've only got half an hour to get to work."

A guard stepped out of the security room and stopped short. No one was supposed to be here. Only higher ups and certain guards even had clearance to enter this part of the facility. His surprise madw him hesitate a few seconds before reaching for his sidearm.

Westwood was first to the trigger. He fired a round from his custom made pistol and continued his work. "Sorry soldier... This is something bigger than you... And I'm in a hurry."

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and ZombieSplitter: Running Towards Fate Part 3

There was a commotion in response to his shots, but it was lighter then he expected. Master's distraction was working quite well.

Westwood began plugging away at the consoles to find the information he need... While keeping an eye on the security cameras. Next to him was a sheet of paper with a list that had the following. "Creation of Andromeda. Sabotaging of the Rebel Scouting Mission. Salvation and recreation of Demigor technology. Any potential assassinations of political leaders who advocated for the enemies of the GFP."

"What are you doing?!" A guard yelled behind him, raising a rifle at him. "Who are you?! Don't move!"

Westwood raised his hands in the air. "Don't mind me. Just a former Captain who was left to die, now committing treason to get back at the corrupt assholes who use my squad to start a war."

"W... what are you talking about?" The guard lowered his weapon ever so much and looked at the bodies on the ground.

Westwood simply nudged his head towards the security screen, where Admiral Witherspoon was releasing her new weapon. "My mission is to make sure the populous is aware that their government is doing shit like that."

The man actually lowered his rifle as he stared in shock at the screen. "Is that a..."

Westwood went back to hacking the console. "Demigor technology. A little birdie told me some of your superiors were trying to recreate the machines they used. I wonder how people would react if they saw this live..." The former soldier's voice held genuine concern for the peace and safety of those inside the GFP's domain. However, he knew that he had to do this... To preserve the freedom of their people, and the chance for them to redeem themselves.

It was almost too easy. He just had to hack into the personal files of each of the High Admirals and there it was. Their use of AI long after it was deemed illegal and their experiments with the remnants of Andromeda. The recovered Demigor tech and its planned use. The multiple missions done, and future planned, to sacrifice soldiers to demonize their enemies. Names of people who had died who just happened to be political enemies.

It was easier still because none of the corrupt council members trusted each other and had dirt on each other like a loaded shotgun pointed at their backs. The corruption was just as bad as expected. Of the fourteen Hire Admirals, five of them seemed to be the primary cause of the sinister actions going on, the others being oblivious to their motives. Their numbers were soon to drop, however, considering one of their names was on a list of targets.

Westwood began transmitting the files he found to the sources that Drake set him up with years ago... And then attempted to get the fight between Master and Jennifer to as many news networks as the signal tower could reach.

There was a gunshot behind him. When Westwood turned, the guard was dead on the ground with a bullet in the head. Admiral Jendel Denela was pointing a handgun at Westwood, the Orange-haired Tamearin giving him the usual stoic Tamearin look. "It's over."

Westwood glanced at the security footage. "Tell me, Admiral... What do you think would happen if an experimental grade fusion core were to be exposed to extreme radiation?"

"It would likely... wipe out at least half of this station..." The mostly emotionless man showed fear for one of the first times in his life. "No... you wouldn't..."

"The High Admiral already has." Westwood said, lighting his last cigar. "So, go ahead, shoot me. All your secrets are out in the open... And a bullet to the brain would be far less painful than being cooked alive by a nuclear explosion."

The Admiral clenched his teeth and shot Westwood in the side. "All of the innocents here... they will die too! How can you justify this? And do you know how much the loss of the facility will cost us? This destruction... these secrets... you have destroyed the Galactic Federation!"

Alex chuckled. "You of all people should know I'm too stubborn to just sit back and die quietly."

The explosion soon erupted and consumed the facility, the whole event being broadcasted across the system. In was only a matter of time before word spread throughout the galaxy. Death slowly crept on the old soldier, who he met with open arms and a confident grin. His job was done. His vengeance complete. His home saved from the fate planned for it.

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and ZombieSplitter: Aftermath

Winter and Yip were having a friendly conversation in the cafeteria when the noble's communicator went off. She grabbed it and read the message inside. The message caused the Shinso to raise an eyebrow. "A bit out of the blue to be asking that, father."

"Something the matter?" The Cartus asked as she munched on a cookie.

"Father just asked if I was okay..." She answered. "I know he's a tad over protective, but this is out of character for him."

"Wonder what could've happened." Yip muttered as she turned on the TV.

The Galactic News Channel read "Corruption in the GFP". Two very nervous news anchors read the news as a ticker at the bottom of the screen read off several atrocities committed by the GFP. An image on the screen showed the fallout of the Galactic Headquarters.

"-mere moments before the facility was destroyed, information linking many of the soldiers leading up to the highest chain of command to war crimes and secret conspiracies surfaced. Many of the surviving officals have turned themselves in, while the rest are on the run. As audacious as many of these claims have been, the sources of this info combined with the captured footage of a live battle including a seeming Federation owned Demigor walking battletank seem to confirm it all as true. I repeat, the GFP headquarters has been destroyed after the exposure of deep seeded corruption across the government institution."

Winter opened her communicator to contact Jackie-Jackie, noblewoman's voice filled with shock and anxiety as she saw her own name on the list of targets. "Captain... Are you seeing this..."

"The... the news... yeah..." A minute later, she and Aya joined them to watch it together as one of the High Admirals, who had also been on the list, tried to assure the galaxy that the corruption would be completely rooted out. "He did it..." Jackie muttered. "The crazy bastard actually pulled it off..."

"Silver lining... At least we won't have to worry about running out of bounties anytime soon." Yip joked, before her own communicator went off. It was a call from the head of the black ops division. "This is agent Yip speaking."

Aya and JJ turned to her curiously.

"This is Colonel Adam Felreven." The man answered. "My reports tell me you were involved in General Stoutfield's political assassination. Were you aware of his abuse of power during your time of service?"

"I was not aware." The Cartus cyborg answered. "I had my suspicions, but I never felt the need to investigate the matter. As for the people I killed, he would always say they were a revolutionary or a rebel leader."

"I can vouch for her trustworthiness, if that helps," JJ chirped in.

There was a pause. "Thank you for your honesty. Best of luck on your current mission. Colonel Felreven out."

"That certainly went better than expected." Yip muttered.

Aya nodded. "I hope it is settled. I'd hate for you to get in trouble for the actions of others."

"Lucky for me, I'm good at hiding... So I shouldn't have to worry about that too much." Yip grinned brightly as she pat Winter's head. "Don't fret too much about the list... I doubt any assassin or merc would be willing to attack you knowing that this is a thing."

JJ stared at the TV. Something was clearly bothering her beyond the expected.

"Is everything okay, JJ?" Winter asked, being the first to notice her unnerved staring.

"If the GFP survives this... it might all be for nothing if Sirius Ravenwood has his way. He'll just use the power vacuum to put his spies in place... unless we do something about it..."

"I might have an idea..." Winter muttered, as she dialed her father. "Greetings Father... Do you, by chance, still have those connections with the criminal underground?"

"I don't like using them," The clan head answered, not realizing he was on speaker. "But I am still in contact with them. May I ask the reason behind such a bizarre question?"

JJ quickly stepped over. "Can you use those connections to route out the moles in the Federation after the corrupt figure heads are dealt with? Those moles of a man named Ravenwood?"

"You want me to do preform counter espionage?" The man placed a finger on his chin. "It is possible for me to do that... But I would need a physical record of the people involved with the information network. And, if Ravenwood's reputation is as true as they say, only an ungodly hacker could even attempt such a task."

JJ slowly smiled. "I believe I can supply you with just the person. If they claim to be as interested in rooting out corruption as they claim, they'll help."

"Let me know when you have gotten in contact with them." Merlin answered. "If that's everything... This controversy has become quite a mess and I have council meetings for the whole week."

"Thank you," JJ said, turning back to the tv. "We'll be in touch."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
Blooming Bug Relationships

Two weeks before the mission against Roberta...

The cool and sterile air of the medical room hung in the room like a blanket, promising comfort and support but also an entrapped feeling. Yyashtra had been there for a few days, starting to feel the encroachment of cabin fever, but she was almost recovered.

Luckily, she had her visitors, a sign of the friendships she had been building on board the Golden Wind. Aya and JJ in particular came around often, though it could sometimes be awkward as they both had an air of their own individual guilt about them, both feeling responsible for her injury in different ways.

Then, of course, there was the medical staff. Blaze was on duty for most of the time and he was decent enough company. Who wasn't was Zetana, the currently medical officer in training as it was one of the few skills she had. Awkward silence was the name of the game with her, as she still seemed to resent Yyashtra for how she was treated on the Collector's Ship, despite the knowledge that it was a ruse. It was childish, to be sure, but if Yyashtra had any desire to rectify things, she hardly had the energy, and Zetana wasn't budging in her immaturity.

One particular individual broke up the monotony more then anyone else, especially with his new found relationship with the former royal. Baichi came more then anyone else, sometimes several times a day. Sometimes he was alone, sometimes he brought his family.

It was around the time he got off his duties. Zetana was on duty, letting out the occasional sigh as she read through a data pad on medicine, coincidentally being about the Bazir. "Weird..." she muttered, and actually looked up Yyashtra. "Did you know they have an organ that acts as secondary backup heart if their actual heart stops beating?"

"Well that's good." Yyashtra smiled, almost fully recovered, although still in some pain around her neck. "Do you... Think I'll be free to go soon?"

"Hmm?" Zetana needed a moment to remember she was supposed to be on duty beyond reading her texts. "Oh, um... let's see." She walked over and carefully peeled away Yyashtra's bandage, examining the wound. As she set a new bandage, she said, "You'll have t come back at least once a day for a few days to check on it, but I think I can let you go now."

"Thank you Ms. Zetana." Yyashtra gave her a bow.

The dragon girl chuckled. "You don't have to call me miss, you know?"

"I just wanted to show you respect for helping me recover."

"Oh..." Zetana blinked. "I thought... I kinda thought you didn't... care for me."

"To be fair I hardly know you." The Laepaede stated. "We should talk sometime."

Zetana frowned. "Last time we really talked, I was in a cage, and you sorta shunned me. Did you... intend at all to help me once your cover was blown?"

"Of course. I just had to keep my cover." She reminded.

Zetana sighed. "I know. It's just..." She looked away. "When you're a royal, you get used to people kissing up to you I guess. I'm still getting used to being treated like... just another person. It's hard."

Yyashtra just laughed, nudging her. "Oh don't I know it sister."

Zetana smiled. "That's right... you were a royal." She placed her hands on her hips. "In fact, you were the equivalent to a queen, so I guess you out rank me in that regard."

"Well. You get used to it. But if you want to talk about it. Come find me." Yyashtra told her.

Zetana nodded. "Thanks. You're... nicer then I thought you'd be." She frowned. "Sorry you got stabbed and all. Wish we could have gotten through that little fiasco without such a major injury."

"I should've seen through her little lie. But my people have very strict chains of command. I leaned into believing her." The Royal sighed.

Zetana shrugged. "I can relate. Besides, she was a good actress." Thw door chimed. "Excuse me for a moment. Someone might be injured..."

"Mmhm." Yyashtra nodded, taking the time to stretch, she had been bedridden for a while.

As the door opened, she heard Baichi's ever shy voice say, "Is Yyashtra still in here?"

She immediately perked up, "Baíchi?"

She heard the skittering of small feet as he rounded the corner. He had a bouquet of flowers half as big as him that he struggled to carry forward. "I-I... I got these for you. I wasn't sure what you'd like s-so I got one of everything. I... do hope you like flowers."

Yyashtra gasped, lifting it up to smell, "These are wonderful! They smell like my Shara-Sharei..."

"I am glad you liked them." Baichi rubbed his hands together. "I-I can get you more. Anything to see that smile of yours..." He blinked. "Sorry, was that... a little too much...?"

"No. Not at all dear." She leaned down and picked him up with her auxiliary set of arms. "You're so sweet."

He shrugged lightly. "I am only doing what I must to make you happy. You deserve it. Do you... think you'll be out of here soon?"

"I was actually leaving today. I was going to come find you." She lightly rubbed his head.

"Oh!" He rubbed his head. "Well, I could... go somewhere else so you can still do that, but... I would like it if I could escort you out. To... make sure you're okay."

"Please. I wanna spend more time with you." She smiled widely, "Where are we going?"

"Well..." He rubbed his head a little more, clearly a nervous habit like a human who rubs their wrists or neck. "If you are up for it, I... I found this restaurant that I think you'll like."

"Really? What's it called?" She gently set him back down.

"It is hard to translate from... Bazir..." he said, hoping hearing it was Bazir didn't turn her away. "It roughly translates to 'the home of delicious grubs'."

"Sounds interesting! I've never been to a Bazir Restaurant." Yyashtra'kari rubbed her chin, "Please. Take me."

Baichi nodded, turning to the dragon nurse. Zetana looked over a pad with Yyashtra's information and said, "You are clear to go, but remember that you still have some healing to do. Keep the area around the wound clean and come back here at least once a day to change the bandage, or if you don't feel well, okay?"

"Right. Thank you. Hopefully eating won't be too hard." The Insect Chuckled.

"You should be okay. Just take it easy." She smiled. "And... maybe we can talk later? One royal to another?"

"Of course. Meet in my room later." The Exiled Queen accepted.

Zetana nodded, and Baichi reached up and took one of Yyashtra's hands. "Sh-shall we?"

"Of course! Is it far?" Yyashtra asked as she walked.

"Not too far," he said, leading her off the ship and onto the space station. We do have to go down one level. Sorry. I'm sure you would rather have a place on the main level, but it really is a nice restaurant..."

"No no. I like your idea. Let's go somewhere you want." Yyashtra encouraged.

Baichi nodded eagerly, and they made it down to the first lower level. It wasn't as clean and pristine as the moddle of the station, but it still wasn't too bad. Not nearly as bad as the slums of the second or third levels. Baichi would never take her there, even if he found the best restaurant in the universe. Of course, he would never want to go there himself. He let out a soft sigh as their lift went down, thinking about how much weaker and cowardly her was compared to her, and not for the first time wondering if she truly saw something in him... or if she was simply settling.

"Baíchi? Are you okay?" She looked at him with some concern.

He quickly nodded and stood up more straight. "I'm okay. Just... let my mind wander." The elevator arrived at the proper floor, and he smiled up at her. "I believe you will like this place. Though... I probably should have asked what you like to eat first..."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
"What do they have here?"

"Well... it is Bazir run, and it tailors to our kind of people?" Baichi explained. "So their menu mostly consists of the kind of dishes insectoids enjoy. Though I heard they have a small mammalian section of their menu in case they get a human or Tamearin or the like."

"Let's hope they have something sweet." She nudged him along.

They passed a few other restaurants, a clothes shop, some residents, and a trio of shady looking aliens that watched them the whole time, giving Baichi the creeps. Finally, they stepped into a building with a name in Bazir, featuring a cartoonish Bazir with a big red bow over the door that reminded Yyashtra of Baichi's sisters.

The place was surprisingly bustling. One thing that stuck out, especially for anyone with low expectations for a restaurant run by bugs for bugs, was how incredibly clean it was, though it wasn't too surprising given most Bazir were obsessive compulsive when it came to cleanliness. There were a variety of smells in the air, some meaty, some spicy, some fragrantly sweet.

A rather large, brutish looking Bazir stood up amd stepped behind the counter when the pair entered, and stared in surprise at the royal insect. "Oh... um... you, uh... you're... a... you... table... for two?"

"Yes. A table for two please." Yyashtra nodded, looking around. "This is a very nice establishment."

"Thank you! It is! I mean... w-we will show you it is!" The man quickly skittered away, and talked to another pair of Bazir. They looked over at Yyashtra and seemed both excited and intimidated at the same time.

Another Bazir, female and about Baichi's size, making her small for her people, hurried over. "Please, please. Come with me. Any seating preference?"

"Oh. Maybe near any plants you have? Maybe something for just the two of us?" She asked politely.

The woman nodded. "I know just the spot." She led the two to the corner of the restaurant. As they walked through, they saw many various insect aliens, some of which even Yyashtra didn't recognize despite her long life. Many watched them past, especially the bazir, looking at the tall onsect woman with awe and reverence.

They got a booth near some tall trees that reached up to the ceiling away from the prying eyes of the other patrons. They had no way of knowing, but this was the best seat in the house normally reserved for very important visitors. "I-I am the manager here," the female Bazir said. "My name is Babani. I will be serving your personally. May I get you something to drink?" she handed them a pair of digital menus, translated into their respective languages. "Please, get whatever you'd like. Drinks are on the house."

"That's very nice of you. Thank you so much. I would like something fruity please." She nodded, looking over towards Baíchi. "What do you want?"

Baichi looked over the drinks menu and said, "I've actually never tried something super fruity that one of your people would like. I'd like to try that too."

Babani nodded. "We have a wonderful beverage know as a Zephyr's party. It was named afte r the founder of this establishment, and combines the sweetest, most delicious fruits from across the system. You would simply love it."

"That sounds delightful. Thank you so much." She gave a small bow.

The manager bowed even deeper back and left the pair. "Wow..." Baichi tapped the table gleefully. "They are so nice here!"

"I thought you said you'd been here before?" Yasha smiled back at him.

"I had but I don't remember them being so curtious. Maybe they're just having a good day." He looked at the menu and asked, "See anything you like? Please, get anything and everything you want."

"Any recommendations? I'm not so Familiar with Bazir cuisine." She replied, scanning the menu.

"You said you prefer things that are sweet and fruity, right? That is what your people mostly eat? Fruits? What about vegetables?"

"We do have vegetables. Even a little bit of meat here and there." She explained.

"Well..." Baichi looked over the menu. "How about the Barachi special? It's a delicacy on my planet. It has the most delicious fruits and vegatables from across my home world, simmered in a special sweet sauce for twenty four hours, and topped with Kerberant meat, which is a delicacy of its own because of... how hard it is to get."

"Well. If you recommend it. I will spare no expense if it means I can try traditional Bazir cooking." She nodded gladly.

Baichi shook his head. "No, no, I... I will spare no expense. It... it is my duty as your boyfriend to show you every kindness and pay for you... r... right?"

"It's okay Baíchi. We can split it. I don't expect you to pay."

Baichi reluctantly nodded. "Very well. A-as long as you occasionally let me treat you. I have... never had a girlfriend. I want to make sure I do this right."

"I want to treat you too. Especially since I'm not exactly a Real Royal anymore." She told him sternly, but with a smile.

He smiled back. "You'll always be a royal to me."

This easily made her giggle. "You are so cute... I love you."

Baichi blinked several times in surprise. "You... you do?"

"What do you mean? Of course. I thought this was already established." Yyashtra laughed.

Baichi smiled wider. "Of course. I... I-I love you to!" He seemed a bit embarrassed, but also happier then she had ever seen him. The restaurant manager returned then with their drinks. "Are we ready to order or do you need more time?"

"Yes. I would like the Barachi Special." She looked over at the manager then back at Baíchi. "And you dear?"

"The same." Baichi handed the two menus to the woman.

She bowed her head. "Excellent choice. We will get them to you right away."

As she walked off, Baichi thought of something to talk about. "So... how are you getting along with everyone?" he asked.

"You mean the rest of the crew? It's hit or miss..." Yyashtra told him honestly. "You're honestly my closest friend here."

"Is there... anyone in particular you don't like," Baichi asked curiously.

"I'm not a big fan of the Kotavorg. Nick was an interesting one... But I won't speak Ill of the dead. Then there was Elisa... I... Hear what happened to her..." Yyashtra lowered her head.

Baichi lowered his as well. "I am sorry. I did not wish to bring up a sore subject. What about the ones you like?"

"Well. There I you of course. Zetena seems like a good person. JJ and Aya obviously. Even that Fishgirl, as odd as she is, as well as that Bar fellow, although I admit I have not talked with him much."

"Me either..." Baichi tapped his hands lightly on the table. "I do not get out much. Do you think I am too uptight?"

"You have a lot of work. The entire ship would break down if not for you. So are so important but no one properly appreciates you." Yyashtra reached over to hold his hand.

He squeezed hers back, giving her a surprised look. "That is... probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Thank you."

"Oh dear... That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about you?" Yyashtra gave him a concerned look. "Not even from your family?"

"I mean... we are not a proud people in general," Baichi stated. "It probably sounds wierd, but we seem to have low self esteem as an inherit nature of our race."

"Ironically my people are much the opposite. We are very Prideful. It can be challenging to make friends outside the next because of that."

"I think you are doing a good job all things considered." Baichi looked down. "At least being more outspoken earns you more attention. I sometimes wonder if there are people on the crew that forget I am there. But no one could forget you."

"Baíchi... I promise I'll take you out like this all the time then. Just so you feel important. How's that?" The Laepaede offered.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Baichi nodded, smiling at her again. "Who's hungry?" the manager asked as she returned with their dishes, a delightful aroma rising up from them as she slid them into place. "If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask."

"How long has this lovely establishment been here might I ask?" Yyashtra smiled happily at her food.

"We only opened a year ago," the woman answered honestly. "There wasn't much in the way of catering to Insectoid people and we saw an opportunity. We have been fairly successful, but we could always use more recommendations from our esteemed guests. Please, if you enjoy your food, tell your friends."

"Oh. Gladly!" Yyashtra'kari reached down fo take a bite with her fork, popping it into her mouth.

The fruit was ripe and succulent, full of juice and making her taste buds dance. The meat was was tasty and tangy, somewhat gamey but in a delicious way. It was unique in a good way.

"Oh my gosh! This is fantastic!" She placed a hand against her cheek in surprise.

"You really think so?" the manager asked excitedly. "Thank you so much! W-we try very hard here. Please..." She bowed her head and stepped back. "Please, if there is anything we can do to make you more comfortable, don't hesitate to wave anyone down."

"This is wonderful. Thank you so much." She nodded gladly.

She bowed again and took her leave, looking as happy as could be. Baichi looked quite pleased himself. "I am glad you like it."

"How do you like it? Have you taken a bite?" Yyashtra smiled back at him.

He did just that, and his cheeks reddened, his eyes lighting up. "It's... heavenly. I have never had something so divine..."

After a while of chatting, laughing, and eating, the two of them finished their plates, cleaning them spotless.

Yyashtra stretched behind her head. "So delicious..."

Baichi patted his stomach. "And so full. I will have to bring the others here some time. They would surely enjoy it."

"You mean your family?" Yasha confirmed.

Baichi nodded. "You think they'll like it?"

"I think they'd love it." She nodded. "We should take the whole family out more. See things. It'll be fun."

"You wouldn't mind?" Baichi poked his fingers together. "My Anati would obviously be fine but I know the twins can be a handful. Honestly though, they really look up to you. I wish I realized how happy you make them when we first met..."

"I don't judge you. They have important work. I was putting all of us in danger." The Laepaede chuckled.

Baichi chuckled back, pulling out a card from a side pouch. "You're sure you want to split this? I don't mind paying for us both."

"I'm sure. You probably don't make too much, right?"

Baichi shook his head. "Not as much as you bounty hunters, but enough. And I don't spend my credits on much. But I won't argue with you." He smiled. "It's our first date, after all. We should save the fights for a little later on, right?"

She chuckled. "Is uh... Fighting supposed to happen?"

Baichi rubbed his head. "I hear most couples do fight from time to time. Honestly, though, I'd prefer to avoid it if at all possible."

"Me too." Yyashtra pulled out her own small card, setting it on the table.

The pair paid and got a very warm farewell, the manager practically begging them to return again. Baichi left a nice tip for her, highly satisfied. They walked back to the ship side by side, the smaller insectoid saying, "I really enjoyed myself."

"So did I. We have to go back." Yyashtra nodded before letting out a sigh. "I think it must have been a century since I've done anything remotely this nice."

"That's sad to hear," Baichi said. "You deserve to have a good time. I will make sure you have good times all the time."

"Well. You're already succeeding." Yyashtra suddenly grew a little more solemn. "When we get back to the ship... I want to show you something."

Baichi gave her a worried look, but nodded. "O-okay. Sure."

"It's nothing bad. Calm down silly." She reached down and rubbed his head.

He smiled again and closed his eyes for a moment. He loved the feel of her touch. It made him feel special as they returned to the ship.

As they reached Yyastra's room, the Royal took a seat on her bed, patting the bedside next to her. "Hop on up."

Baicgi happily did so, letting his smaller feet kick idally over the side of the bed. He remembered the not so favorable circumstances when he he came here, and was happy they could put that behind them.

Yyashtra smiled at him again and leaned over to open her bedside drawer, rummaging around for a bit before pulling out a necklace. It was what looked to be a silver chain with a lovely quarter sized yellow gem inside it, masterfully cut into an octagonal pattern.

"This is something my Shara-Sharei gave me before she passed on her title to me." She explained as she held it up and it glittered a little in the light. "It's a Gem from our Homeworld that was passed down from her Shara-Sharei."

"Wow." It's shine reflected in Baichi's eyes. "It's beautiful. It must be so precious to you."

"It is..." She nodded solemnly. "Baíchi. If I die. Or something happens to me. I want you to have this, okay?"

"Honestly... I don't know if I'm worthy of it anymore. I don't know if she'd be proud of me. Gods. I've made so many mistakes." Yyashtra rubbed the gem between her fingers. "But you aren't one of them. This might be the best choice I've ever made."

Baichi smiled. "That is so kind of you to say. I... I don't k ow everything about you or your past, and I know less about her. But I feel like she would be proud of you." He bowed his head. "I do hope nothing happens to you. But if it should, I will care for it with my life, I swear it."

"What do you want to know? Ask me anything." Yyashtra'kari gripped the gem tightly.

Baichi rubbed his head nervously. "Can you... tell me more about... why they exiled you?"

"I was selfish. I wanted the Ashara-Sharei all to myself." Yyashtra told him.

Baichi tilted his head. "Isn't that what love is? To want someone all to yourself?"

"But... She is meant to put her people first. As I was. She has much responsibility."

"I... I can't begin to understand what you were going through," Baichi said softly. "But I know that love isn't always rational. You shouldn't blame yourself for what your heart felt. And they should have been more understanding." He lowered his head. "But again... I don't know the whole situation..."

"I don't even know what happened. Why I felt such a way. I'd never felt like that before." She admitted.

Baichi rubbed one of her arms. "I'm sorry. I wish I had an answer for you."

"This is different. I feel different with you." She looked into his eyes.

"You do?" he asked, looking back, staring intensely into her eyes.

"I do. Maybe I don't know what love is. I want you to show me." Yyashtra gently caressed the side of his face.

Baichi nodded. "We will discover together." He leaned in close and wrapped his arms around her lean body in a tight hug.

Black0ut

A Silent Dysfunctional Train of Thought

Ghost sat back, and watched her monitor. Master was dead and his organization destroyed. She hadn’t really expected the old monster to go so willingly into the void… but she hadn’t expected him to turn hero at the last second.

She smiled. She had been wrong, and was happily surprised by it. She had hoped one of the other monsters would’ve been convinced that they needed to become a hero to thwart and rebuild the galaxy. Her smile faltered for a moment. She still had to die by JJ’s hand. It still left a bitter taste in her mouth when she thought about the specifics of the plan she had made a few months ago.

She didn’t want to die. But… if she was to take down Solex and Ravenwood, she needed better ways to do it. She had enough paid and disloyal operatives within Solex’s ranks, but while they could do damage as Saboteurs, it wouldn’t be enough. She had to kill the man. Same with Ravenwood.

She hooked her head up to a nearby port for the server, allowing her consciousness to interact with the digital world. Technically, ‘diving’ was outlawed because of the repercussions it could cause, but it helped her to think - to be virtual - instead of metal and flesh. She sorted out all her information and nodded grimly once she was done.

Her death was the only way to assure that the other criminals died; She had to take one of them on. It would have to be Solex, due to his impressive army and giant array of weapons, part of which she supplied. He would be her target… but she was weaker than them all; She didn’t have the fleet she taunted about, she didn’t have the vast array of strike forces that she boasted, She didn’t even have that many men that the others needed to eradicate. Hell, her own ‘secret’ office was just a server room in a small company she owned. She could create things like dark matter weaponry, Fee-grade rifle or a myriad of other military inventions, but those took a long time to develop. She had maybe enough ships to assault Solex and keep him busy for a week if she was clever and fast enough, and even then, it would be a fiery death or a fate worse than death for her.

Only Jerry had caught her like this; vulnerable. Defenseless. Herself. He even did it by accident and swore he wouldn’t say anything.

She was for, a lack of a better word, a peon before either Solex or Ravenwood. If they realized for a second that she was weak, they’d have already destroyed her. But that was the lovely thing about information: if you controlled it, how the hell were they going to know? How did they know if you were bluffing if you knew their cards and they didn’t know yours? She could play them and eventually get to be as strong as them… but she chose to help JJ. She had to admit, the woman’s curves had initially drawn her in, and then her alluring personality. She would never know that she had crushed on her for a brief period of time, before deciding she was out of her grasp.

Ghost chuckled as she realized something; Melvy would never know how protected she had been, even during the bad shit. She would never know the sacrifices she went through, or the lost friends she had accrued. She would be ignorant in that category.

She let out a sigh, as several dozen versions of her appeared, each holding instruments.

A somber tone of music reminiscent of an otherworldly lullaby began to take shape. She began to sing, tears already leaking out of her eyes in the real world.

“Dear friend, Dear friend, please tell me so;

Why are the lights starting to go?

Why are my fingers numb and cold,

Why am I starting to go?”

One of her copies sang back;

“Don’t worry, my friend, it’s just a dream;

All the pain will cease to be

Your sorrow and heartache will be far memories.

So don’t you fret, I will keep you whole

Dear Friend, why must you lie?

Your tears say otherwise

My body is crumbling

I’ve no hope for repair.

My heart is aching

For the pain of farewell

I know you lie to comfort me…

But give me a hug

And cherish your time with me…

My friend… my dearest friend…

Please sleep comfortable now

You are safe in my arms.

Close your eyes and…

May we meet the next time around.”

Ghost was jolted back to her body, her eyes still leaking. She wished she had been friends with JJ, or Nick. Titania, and Blisk. Blaze and Kentaro, Haya or the twins, Gazan and Ella. She wished she could’ve had the time to befriend everyone. She wished she could’ve been normal enough to do that.

With a heavy sigh, she closed the server down, her eyes staring blankly ahead of her. She needed to make a few calls. If she was lucky, she could involve the Mechanicum or the Shinso. All she had to do was prove that they were killing their citizens in their raids and impacting them enough that they were losing too much money. They they could go on a war footing and fuck them up.

She only had to buy enough time for that to happen. She could do that. At least… she hoped she could. With a sigh, she flew back out of the server room, to a manager who looked perennially unhappy. "Daisy, did you fix up the servers?"

"Yes, sir, I did. Should be no more problems for quite a bit of time." She replied, offering up a very plastic kind of smile. It turned more genuine as the thought stuck her; this man would live despite what was coming.

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and ZombieSplitter: The True Meaning of Power

In a small village on the planet of Sivel, rumors spread of a witch who lived inside the neighboring swamp. They claimed the witch was a young girl who never spoke a word. Who wandered the forest with a enchanted pen. Who killed anyone who approached her. Some of the townsfolk claimed she was guarding something, but no evidence could support such a claim, as anyone who entered the swamp never returned. All but one man.

Ravenwood trudged through the mucky swamp, glad he hadn't worn his good shoes. He was dressed buisness casual as usual, an odd choice considering he was on the hunt, but his usual wear either way. "Alright..." He stopped and turned to his bounty hunters. "Spread out in teams of three. No body goes anywhere alone. It might not be her but how many people with magic pens can there be. Call if you see anything suspicious. Do not engage by yourself. Move out."

Misha glared at the group from a distance, keeping herself hidden within the trees. Intruders. She did not have the patient for intruders... Regardless of their reasoning. However, she recognized Sirius. Perhaps she could show him why she preferred the shadows. Perhaps she could show him the truth. But first... She had to thin the heard. A grin touched her face when she saw them divide into groups.

Three walked slowly to the northwest, a Shinso man, a young Cartus man, and a human female. "This is bullshit," said the human. "Why do we need this many people? I hate dividing a bounty this much."

"You should trust the boss," the Shinso said with a grunt, scanning the area. "If he thinks we need this many, the bounty is dangerous. So watch your ass."

The Cartus didn't say anything, a twitchy man who flinched and pointed his weapon at the smallest movement. The usual one new guy per mission.

"Momma!" The voice cried out from the distance. "Momma! Where are you!? Momma!"

The voice echoed just north of the trio. It was that of a young girl, one filled with terror and anxiety. No doubt she would not survive in this swamp... And the likelihood her mother was already dead increased with each panicked cry.

"Ignore it," the human said. "We don't have time for this."

"B-but someone is in trouble!" cried out the Cartus, rushing ahead.

"Hey! Don't go off on your own!" The Shinso ran after him, the human following with a reluctant sigh.

The recruit would soon find a young, blonde girl sitting in the murk. She was crying in solitude, her face hidden inside her knees.

"Hey there," he said soothingly, slowly approaching so as not to startle her. "It's okay. What's you name? How did you get out here?"

"Misha was right." The little girl said as her sob turned into a devious grin. "You're all gullible. Do you even realize why this swamp is so dangerous?"

Black, murky tendrils began to spring out from the swamp and entangle the Cartus. "It traps the souls of it's victims and twists their spirits. Turns innocent little girls like me into sadistic monsters who take pleasure in watching others suffocate. When all this is over, you'll be just. Like. Me."

"Not quite," the Shinso said, firing a hand cannon directly at her face.

The girl fell to the ground and was absorbed into the swamp. However, the tendrils still continued to wrap around the Cartus, now covering his mouth and forcing the oxygen out of his lungs.

The human woman ran over with a large knife and tried cutting through them. "You're more trouble then you're worth, you know that?" she said coldly.

Smaller tendrils bursted out from the binding and took hold of her hand. Just as quickly as before the tendrils wrapped around the woman and trapped her as well. From behind the Shinso, the same little girl said. "That won't work~"

He turned around and shot at her again. "Fuck off, bitch!"

This time she didn't fall over. "You cannot kill what is already dead. Your lives are temporary. Your souls are feeble. This Swamp is eternal."

"Fuck this..." The Shinso ran past her towards where the others were.

"Where... the fuck... are you going?" the woman yelled before she was squeezed too tightly to breath.

"To... get help..." The lion man lied.

The Cartus was pulled into the swamp, his life already faded from his eyes. A tendril took hold the the Shinso's leg as he fled. "Where do you think you're going?" The nameless girl asked. "Don't you want to save them? Your master was so concerned that he brought fourteen soldiers... Don't you think he would need all of you?"

He quickly pulled out a communicator. "The swamp is alive!" he yelled into it. "Regroup before it swallows you up! Trust no one outsid-"

The girl simply giggled as she watched the last two helpless souls be consumed by the swamp. She turned to face one of the trees. "Come on Misha, why must you always hide while the rest of us have fun? I've already done my part... Why don't you deal with the rest~"

Sirius stared down at his communicator for a few moments, grunting with annoyance. He checked the status of his crew on a device on his arms. Three dead. "Alright... everyone, regroup on my signal. Looks like we'll be taking this slow but safely."

Misha watched from a distance once more. She would need to deal with another group to please the demon that controlled this swamp. So now she would target one of the retreating groups... And kill them during the interception.

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and ZombieSplitter: The True Meaning of Power Part 2

Three more passed nearby, two female humans and a male Quin, the big guy watching from behind as the women took the lead. They seemed completely unaware of the dangers, either because they didn't realize their comrades where dead or because they didn't appreciate the danger.

Misha sent her pen forward, aiming for the Quin's arm. The brute would prove to be bothersome... So it would be better to remove him first.

He stopped at the sound of the pen whistling through the air and turned, but could not see the small object coming.

The tip of the pen grazed his forearm, allowing the infectious ink to spread to the rest of his body. Misha recalled her pen and continued moving. Perhaps now the swamp wouldn't underestimate her.

The two woman stopped and looked back. "What's wrong?" one of them asked.

"Something scratched me..." The Quin scratched at his arm, his eyes widening as the scratch turned black, along with the veins around it. "What the hell!"

"Oh dear, that's quite the infection you've got there." The voice of a middle aged man stated as he approached the group. "No doubt he'll die within minutes."

The voice was carried by a tiger Shinso, the black spots covering his orange hair and tan skin. He stood only a few inches shorter than the Quin, his robes tattered and torn in multiple places.

The women turned to him as the Quin was panicking. One aimed her weapon at him, but the other asked, "Can you help him?!"

"The message said trust no one," the second woman reminded her.

"But he'll die if we don't do something," said the first.

"Can't trust anyone you say?" The Shinso chuckled. "Wouldn't that include your precious leader? I've been told he sees all of you as expendable pawns. Nothing more than toys that can be replaced on a whim."

The woman aiming her weapon glared at him. "You shut your mouth! You don't even know who you're talking about!"

"Sirius Ravenwood, a political mercenary." He answered as he continued to walk forward. "Oh, and to answer your question earlier, I do have an antidote, however it is far too late to save your friend. The infection will reach his heart before the cure would."

"You don't know that, Meat Breath!" The Quin aimed a shotgun at him, his whole body shaking. "Give it to me! Now!"

"I can try, but you'll die before I even get close enough." The Shinso pulled out a small vial and began walking towards the man. "They will claim you regardless... So I hope you didn't bring any friends along with you. This swamp loves toying with their victims."

The Quin reached out to the man, but before he could grab the vial, he dropped to his knees and vomited out a mouthful of ink-like bile. The women quickly backed away as he regurgitated more and more until finally collapsing, quivering a bit before dying.

The first woman swallowed nervously and looked back to the Shinso. "He said he was scratched. What did this to him? And... and we need that antidote in case it does it to us."

"Misha never was one for quick deaths." The Shinso remarked. "The ink from her pen spread through the bloodstream until the body can no longer contain the slime. I've been told it's quite a slow and painful death. But, for now, you have two options. Continue to work as pawns for Ravenwood and die here... Or allow me to introduce you to my queen and obtain glorious power."

"Shut... up!" The first woman repeated. "We work for Ravenwood! That isn't about to change. Now give me... the fucking... anti-"

The second woman suddenly pulled out her pistol and pointed it at the first woman's head. "I-I'm not going to die here. N-not like that. Bring me to your queen."

"Martha, you traitorous bitch!" The first woman snapped, but didn't move. "He's just telling you everything you want to hear!"

"A shame really... You won't get an afterlife." The Shinso extended his hand as a dark energy formed around it. The energy formed into a large claw, pulsating with mana. He charged forward and slashed at the first woman's chest. "For my claws will tear your soul asunder!"

She fell back, blood spraying forth, barely enough time to let out a death rattle before hitting the ground. Martha gasped and stepped back, putting her gun away amd raising her shaking hands. "I-I'm cool! I'm... w-with you now!"

Misha stepped out from the shadows and walked towards remaining group. The Shinso turned to the killer with a insidious grin. "I'm quite curious why you want Ravenwood to live. Isn't he here to kill you directly? I know it's impossible to do that at the moment... But what do you gain from this? A new shadow to hide behind, perhaps?"

Misha simply glares at the man, causing him to take a few step back. "Now, now, let's not get hasty here. You still have eight others that stand between you and your goal. Killing me would simply extend your task greatly." The man let out a sigh of relief when Misha chose to turn away and continue walking forward.

Martha let out a sigh of her own. "Is that your queen? She's... scary..."

"Misha? No, she would hate the role anyway." The man replied. "Like me, she is an apprentice to our queen. Oh, heavens... I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Fafnir Darkmane."

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and ZombieSplitter: The True Meaning of Power Part 3

"Um... M-Martha Anders..." She considered offering her hand for a shake but decided against it.

"Now, shall I introduce you to our queen?" Fafnir chuckled as he walked into a nearby cave. Misha could take care of the rest.

Martha nervously walked behind him, nervously looking back at her former comrades before moving on. Seeing she was the only one alive from her group, Sirius tried to contact her. She removed her earpiece, and he gave up after a minute.

Meanwhile Misha moved towards those who were able to regroup. She watched and listened from the shadows of the trees, seeing what Sirius' plan was next.

Sirius stepped forward. "Alright!" he yelled out. "I know the swamp is 'watching' us or whatever. I don't know how you killed five or six of my people, but it ends now. Step forward if you have any courage at all!"

Tendrils suddenly sprang out and wrapped around everyone. Everyone accept Sirius. The same girl that killed the first group rose from the swamp. "I have been watching you. Sirius Ravenwood, a man of many faces... But today I want to see something different. Today I want to see a face of desperation. I want see you squirm."

Misha stepped out from the shadows, approaching the contained group while emotionless eyes. Her gaze shifted to Sirius, then to the little girl. "Give me the word, Misha... I'll kill them all." Misha simply shook her head and wrote on the back of a nearby rock formation: "Their fates are in your hands."

Sirius slowly folded his arms and glared at the girl. "We have come for her. The silent one. Let my people go and give her to me, and I promise no harm will come to you. If you think I can't hurt you... you might be surprised." He wave his hand over the bracer on his wrist, a soft white glow enveloping him. "Please... don't test me. I'm not in the mood today."

The girl took a few steps back. "Hey, Misha... Maybe you should listen to the man. Our queen still isn't in a state to be talking to others, especially someone with that much power."

Misha flicked her pen, causing the words on the wall to change. "I died a long time ago." They read. "You wish to capture me? Follow and see the truth."

Sirius considered his options. Although he didn't care about his crew nearly as much as he should, it would look bad if he lost that many people in one mission. "What about them?"

"They'll remain here, with me." The swamp's puppet answered. "That way if you try anything funny I can kill them."

"You use tentacles erupted from a swamp to entangle my people, and you accuse me of planning to try something funny?" Sirius shrugged and waved his hand to Misha. "Lead the way."

Misha nodded as she led Sirius to a large cave. The walls were lined with candles and the floor with dried blood. As they walked onward, they eventually reached a massive room filled with stone chairs. All of them were empty, except for one. In the middle of the room there was a corpse. It was a young girl with long, raven hair and a notebook in her lap. The corpse belonged to the very woman Sirius came here to kill... The one standing next to him.

"I don't... understand..." Sirius was, in a rare instance, at a loss for words.

"You don't have to." A voice echoed through the room. A woman with overgrown white hair obscuring her features approached Ravenwood. Her arms and legs shook as she used a walking stick for support. Her body was old, perhaps ancient... But her voice carried the grace and youth of a young adult. "I see you brought a guest, Misha. Don't be too discouraged by my appearance, this body was cursed long ago."

"I see." Sirius sighed. "I am a man of science. I don't believe in such things as curses and magic and ghosts. At least... I didn't used to." He looked down at his bracer. "Maybe I need to reevaluate my beliefs..."

"Magic has existed long before you, my child." The woman answered, before pausing for an unsettling amount of time. "I once ruled over this world, and many others. I was a Queen... Until a Phoenix sealed away my power and cursed my living body."

"A Phoenix? Like the... fire, resurrection birds? Okay..." Sirius scratched his head. "Let's say I'm buying all this. What was the nature of this curse?"

"It heavily aged my body and weakened my magic." The decrepit woman replied. "But do not worry, this body is temporary."

"I see..." Sirius sighed. "Well... I would like to discuss your... apprentice? She is wanted by a lot of people, and yet she seems to already be dead. That would make her a... ghost or specter or... magical echo of some sort?"

"Currently her soul is placed inside a portion of the swamp." The Queen answered. "I had use of her talents... So I couldn't let her die."

Sirius looked over to the woman in question. "When did she die? How?"

"She came to me seeking knowledge two years ago." The old maiden replied as she sat in one of the stone chairs. "When she arrived she had gone eight days without food and thirteen hours without water. I could have healed her, but the curse had already began to siphon my power. So, instead, I took her soul. Once I have a suitable vessel to rid myself of these chains, I will revive her and teach her the secrets she so desperately desires."

"I see. Well..." Sirius sighed in annoyance. "This puts a bit of a damper on my mission. Can't exactly bring a soul into custody, even if it wasn't tied to a swamp. But I'm not sure they'd accept her as already dead without a body. I... don't suppose I can take the body, can I?"

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and ZombieSplitter: The True Meaning of Power Part 4

"No, you can not." The Queen stated. "As I told you before, I have use of her talents. That use extends beyond finding a new vessel."

Sirius folded his arms. "Not to push my luck, but why bring me here to explain things instead of trying to kill me like you did several of my people already?"

"That is a good question." Her eyes turned to the living Misha. "Why did you bring him here?"

Misha paused, before pulling out her pen. She wrote on a nearby wall. "Because he has resources that would help our search."

Sirius raised an eyebrow. "Oh, I see. You wish to offer me a better deal in exchange for sparing you and assisting in your search. Alright... I'm listening. What are you searching for?"

Misha shifted the words. "My queen requires a vessel and you have the information network need to locate someone compatible."

"You mentioned those bracelets were magical." The Queen chimed in. "Perhaps once my power has been restored I can show you your true potential."

Sirius grinned sinisterly. "You mean... you can use your knowledge and magic to make me even more powerful?"

"Hun, I am the Queen of Chaos." She let out a insanity filled chuckle. "There is nothing in this galaxy that is stronger than pure, unfiltered anarchy. Serve me and all mortals will be forced to kneel before you."

Sirius slowly nodded. "Alright... you have a deal. I'll find you this vessel of yours. Should be fun. Just need to know what I'm looking for."

"Misha will accompany you." She stated. "Once you have found a vessel, you may choose to return to witness the ritual. Otherwise, I will contact you once I have my new body."

"Oh, I wouldn't miss it for the world." Sirius bowed his head to Misha. "Shall we? Oh... and my men outside?"

"The swamp fears most forms of magic." The queen answered. "It'll let them go if it doesn't want to be wiped from existence."

Sirius nodded. "Alright. Come, dear Misha. We have a vessel to search for."

Misha followed the mercenary outside, where all of his remaining soldiers had been freed from their constraints. She slid the floating pen into the sleeve of her lab coat as they approached.

"Boss?" one of them asked. "What's going on? What was that back there? And isn't she...?"

"She is coming with us... as our guest." Sirius stated calmly.

"With all due respect sir, we all..."

"I will reward each of you for risking yourselves out here. No one will go unpaid." He narrowed his eyes at the man talking back to him. "No one who makes it back to the ship alive that is..."

The man raised his hands and said, "Th-thank you sir! How generous of you... a-as usual!" He smiled awkwardly at Misha. "W-welcome aboard."

Misha bowed in return and glanced at Sirius, informing him she wanted to leave.

Sirius nodded and he waved for everyone to follow, the group, most uncomfortable around the woman they had come to capture dead or alive with them, dutifully heading back to the transport ship.

Misha pulled a pen out from her pocket and began writing a note to hand to Ravenwood. On it, she wrote, "I will need to place a mark on you in order to continue traveling with you. Without a mark to transfer my essence to, I am bound to this planet."

"I see." Sirius considered his options. This could be a trap to kill him. But he didn't get as far as he had without taking a few risks. "Go ahead."

Misha reached up and place her hand on the back of his neck. A jolt of pain followed, before she removed her hand to reveal a spider web tattoo engraved into Sirius' skin. This will also make communication between the two of us much easier.

"I see." Sirius rubbed the back of his neck. "So... how do we begin?" he asked as the shuttle took off and headed towards the ship in orbit.

We start with any strong organizations with small numbers. The undead girl answered. One of the requirements for capability is a strong soul that has been scarred by the past. It is the reason I joined Master's crusade... But Sunflower's genetic alterations proved too damaging to her soul.

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and ZombieSplitter: The True Meaning of Power Part 5

"I see." Ravenwood gave her a sinister grin. "I have a few ideas. This should be very interesting..."

Perhaps someone from the Golden Wind? She suggested. I already have a mark among their crew, plus they are small enough of a group for an injured soul to gravitate towards. Also, keep in mind you are the only one that can hear me... Wouldn't want the crew to think you've gone crazy.

He looked over to the others, some giving him a curious look. Point taken, he thought. The Golden Wind though, huh? Good idea. I have a bone to pick with them, and I'm sure we can find exactly who we need among them. Ghost said I can't kill any of them... but they're body won't die...

Luckily for you, I have not made that promise. Ghost is troublesome, placing the man I had marked in cryostasis due to the mental damage I caused him. Misha responded. However, their lack of understanding of magic will one day prove to be their downfall.

Sirius nodded and looked to the helmsman. "Send a message to the Starkiller. Once we are on board, set course for the last known location of the Golden Wind. We're going to pay our old friends a visit..."

That won't be necessary. I just need the records of females on board so I can find a list of suitable candidates.

"Delay that," Sirius said, and nodded to her. You'll have all you need once we get to the ship.

Misha nodded back as she started to draw on a notepad. I will look forward to it.

-----
Misha looked at each of the varying files of the crewmembers of the Golden Wind. Most of them weren't able to meet the requirements. She moved from file to file, only to pause when she stumbled upon a file labeled, "Tobias Silver."

Sirius walked over with a cup of coffe and placed it next to her. "Tobias? Thought you were looking for a woman..."

She didn't respond to him, pulling out a small vial of blood. She then edited the file to say his race as "Phoenix" before continuing her search.

Sirius raised an eyebrow. "So these birds have human form, hmm? Interesting. I'll be sure not to underestimate him in a fight." He drank from a second cup of coffee. "You've been pouring over these files for two hours straight. I think you now know more about the crew then I do. Why not take a break?"

Misha raised an eyebrow. Why do you refer to Phoenix's as birds?

"Because I can see a big, fiery bird coming," he stated, again getting an odd look but ignoring them for now. "That kid could walk right up to me and I'd never know what he truly is. Humans should look like Humans, Quin should look like Quin, and gigantic fire birds should look like giant fucking fire birds. Makes it easier to know who to shoot..." He folded his arms. "Think I'll kill the little bastard on principle if I ever see him..."

With his magic, he wouldn't even need to walk. His adopted his father's uncanny talent for teleportation. Misha turned around and faced Sirius. But a Phoenix is far different from your knowledge of them.

"Oh?" Sirius smiled. Please enlighten me.

Magic is a life force. Misha explained. It does not follow the same rules our physical bodies are bound to. Each planet has what we call a Leyline... Where magic is strongest. Over the years, a group of Earth humans were altered by constant exposure to the leyline's energy. It crystallized their soul and allowed them to rebuild themselves from the ashes of death. These humans would later be known as Phoenixes and would feel from their home after the kingdoms of earth learned that their blood can revive the dead.

Sirius' eyes naturally moved over to the vial. "It... can? How... long after death? How much is needed?"

Just one drop directly into the bloodstream. Once their the magic will take effect and rebuild their body from dust. However, repeated revival damages ones soul... And a body is useless without a soul. Misha grabbed a glass she had filled with water. There is only one being in existence who can claim to have magic that surpasses that of a Phoenix.

And who is that, Sirius asked, still fixated on the vial of blood. You master?

Queen Tiamat, yes. Misha looked up at the man. This vial is needed for my mission. A fail safe should I be forced to kill the vessel. If you wish to have it afterwards, you may... But it won't last forever. For that you must capture a Phoenix.

Sirius looked into her eyes for a few quiet moments, his jaw shifting back and forth. "Everyone off the bridge," he suddenly said. When he turned to see a bunch of confused looks, he shouted, "Did I fucking stutter?! I want everyone off the bridge! I see anyone in here for the next ten minutes and I'll eject you into space!"

Everyone quickly cleared out, leaving Sirius alone with Misha. He slowly turned back and looked at Misha, a serious expression on his face.

Misha watched quietly as Sirius closed the doors, pulled out her pen and placing it on the desk behind her. What do you intend to do now?

Sirius slowly stepped away, starring at the view screen. "My... first thought was treachery, I admit. Eliminate you, steal the blood, use it now. But if there was more to this then you have said, I'd be shit out of luck. Besides, I don't know how to kill someone who is already dead."

He turned back to her. "You say the Phoenix magic is so strong, they can bring back the dead with their blood... and your Queen Tiamat is stronger still? So strong, perhaps, that were I to provide her with her vessel and restore her to her former glory... something like retrieving a soul that has been gone for a while would be a simple matter for her?"

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and ZombieSplitter: The True Meaning of Power Part 6

"I have...!" Sirius took a deep breath, calming himself. "I have the body. As for the blood..." He walked over to her, reaching for the computer and scrolling back to Tobias. "You worry about your mission. Find your master's vessel. As soon as her powers are back, I'll provide the body and the blood... if I have to drain every fucking drop from him..."

Then we will see where this fate takes us. Misha answered as her eyes fixated on the file labeled "Yip."

"She will do nicely..." Tiamat's voice echoed through the room.

Sirius looked around, surprised to find they were still being watched such a great distance away from the planet. He was starting to get used to being surprised. "She heavily cyberized," Sirius notted. "That won't be a problem, will it?"

Not with this. Misha took hold of the vial. Machines are not effect by magic, but her original limbs are.

Sirius grinned. "Well then... what are we waiting for?"

I shall go ahead. Misha handed Sirius a piece of paper. This holds the coordinates to our home planet and a way to bypass our overseer's wards. Once Tobias finds out I returned, he will likely head their to meet with his father. Do not engage Arthur, he is able to draw from the leyline itself... It was how he was able to defeat our queen so easily. Even in it's weakened state, the leyline gives him the power of eradicate armies.

"Alright." Sirius gave her a look bordering on concern. "I can give you my fastest shuttle, but... will you be okay on your own?"

Misha was simply silent has her body turned into a black sludge and dissolved into the floor. She was already gone, with her mission set in front of her.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Black0ut & ZombieSplitter53
Double Lives

Planet Zeeks
12:30 pm, LST

Aya fired her pistols before ducking down behind cover and cursing. It was supposed to be an easy mission. An elderly Pickio who had escaped justice for too long. He was supposed to be alone and defenseless. That's what she had been told. She wasn't even being paid that much, hence why she was here alone.

How could she anticipate that he'd have so many followers? He had a dozen young Pickio firing at Aya, and she was pinned down. She fired blindly, somehow scoring a hit. Great. One down, eleven to go...

Her comms buzzed and opened a line, as was typical of Ghost. However, a male voice spoke with an Old Earth drawl that might've once been southern. "Hey, cos. Seems like you're in a tight pickle. Need a hand?"

"What? Who... who is..." She peaked out to fire , and almost lost her head in the process. "Never mind, yes!"

"Alright... It's gonna cost you later..." A Tamearin standing tall with a duster and a cowboy hat dropped a small spherical device and quickly pulled out two pistols and opened fired on the youths, killing three of them before he dodged behind a crate letting out a loud swear as his hat was shot off his head. Can you hear me, Aya? Are you Psionic enough to reply back or...?

She popped her head out, shooting another Pickio while they were distracted. Yes, who are you? Why are you helping me?

Ma name's Graeme, pretty lady. And I'm helping you... mainly because your boss and mine are secret allies. So, that makes you someone I should look out for. A flame wall about five feet wide and five feet tall sprang up and Aya could vaguely see him move behind it briefly being shot by a Pickio. "Fucking goddamn piece of shit!" He cried out, successfully going behind a larger, more reinforced box.

Are you okay?! Aya used a psilance to destroy some cover before shooting another Pickio.

Fuckin'... Graeme took a deep breath. I'll live. just hurts like hell... Graeme peeked out from the side and fired with his pistols, taking down another enemy before ducking back. Don't peek out. "Hey, Pickios! Ya ain't lookin' too hot. We ain't here for ya, but if ya don't surrender, well... you'd be dying a meaningless death. Especially since we both have psionics... surely ya can realize that yer outgunned and pinned, right?" If they don't take it, I'll burn them with my flames and provide a distraction. You can retreat if need be, Aya.

Thanks, but I have a mission to do. I'm not leaving without that Pickio in the center.

"Do not listen to him!" The elderly Pickio yelled, stomping his feet angrily as his troops cowardice was taking hold. "I paid you a lot of credits to protect me, so do your job or else!"

"Boys... we can agree that you don't want to die, right? Well, if you listen to me, you just might walk away richer than when you started. This bastard wants you to die for him, and look at the corpses of your buddies. He did that. He only cares about himself, where we care more about you. Which is why," Graeme tossed a credstick that had a sizeable amount of credits on it, "if you break his legs and disarm him... there'll be more money for y'all."

The surviving group looked down at it, greed filling their eyes, grins crossing their faces. The target yelled at them some more, and kept yelling as they turned their weapons on him, retrieving the credits and bashing both of his knees until he lay whimpering on the ground. They then holstered their weapons and rasied their arms to show they were no threat anymore.

"Fucking cowards! Retches! Ingrates!" The older man spat out the words like venoms. "No one does this to the Great Yevo! You'll all suffer! All suffer..."

Graeme walked out of his cover, a hand resting on a holstered plasma pistol. A hole had burned straight through one of his lungs and though he showed no weakness- he didn't dare do that with opportunistic Pickio or Dondondari- it had to have hurt like hell. "Good work, boys. Knew ya had some sense in those noggins of yours." Graeme said sweetly, kicking the old Pickio over. "Now what should ah do with ya?"

The Tamearin crouched down and pulled out a switchblade from his duster. He rested the blade on the man's face. "First things first: ya ought to apologize to these young men. You just tried to ruin their lives and get 'em killed by us. Not tah mention the asshole tax they deserve for puttin' up with yer sorry ass barkin' at 'em." The blade twitched, slicing a paper thin line into his face. "Best get to that apology before my hand twitches again. Hate for ya to lose an eye."

The Pickio's eyes twitched in fear. "I'm sorry! So sorry! Please... don't hurt me... I am... very sorry..."

Graeme grinned and looked like a demon of old, eyes glowing a soft red. "Oh... ahm not the one you should beg to. See tha little lady still hidin' behind the crates? She gets to decide whether you live or die." His grin turned cruel as he looked over the other Pickio's. "Listen boys, because I'll only say this once: get out of this business, or maybe instead of this little ol' bastard, it could be you here. And the person who replaces me, just might not have a leash to restrain them." His hat lifted off the ground and floated towards him, landing on his head to hide the mess of straight hair.

They all looked intimidated, and quickly ran off. Aya cautiously walked over, looking down at the Pickio, who's begging eyes made him look pathetic. She sighed and said, "Need him alive. You're just lucky my client wants you living... or unlucky, depending on what they have planned for you."

Graeme put his switchblade back in his pocket. "Well, he's all yours, pretty lady." Graeme took a few steps back his eyes promising dark and terrible things if the Pickio tried anything.

Aya pulled out a pair of wrist cuffs and bound him. Leaving the target on the ground to stew for a while, she turned to the stranger. "Thank you. But who are you? How is your employer and mine connected? And..." She raised an eyebrow and pointed at the hole in his chest. "Why are you not coughing up blood with every breath?"

"Cybernetics for the most part. My lungs ain't real anymore. Lost those after a worse shootout than this one." He replied, straightening his back and dropping the accent. "Name's Graeme, slick gunslinger and hated Pon-taer. My boss... they don't got a name, gender, or an Yuuthing really identifiable besides a name that starts with G and ends with a t."

"Starts with a..." Aya took a step back, quickly pulling a pistol once more and aiming it at him. "Okay, what's your game?!"

"Really? We're doing this old song and dance?" Graeme asked rhetorically, raising an eyebrow. "If I wanted you dead, wouldn't it have been better to shoot you from behind while I was using the cloaking thingie? The fact of the matter was I could've killed you at any point in time. I didn't. So how about you lower the gun and say thank you, like a normal person, before you make an enemy out of someone who's been friendly towards you?"

Aya glared at him for a moment longer before slowly lowering her weapon. "I do appreciate it," she said. "But you work for Ghost. And they always have an angle."

"Yeah and when you find that out, make sure to tell me." Graeme frowned. "Look; I don't know anything about my boss. I don't know who they are or what they look like. And while I could be playing you, this wasn't Ghost asking me to save your ass, it was just me noticing that you were in trouble."

Graeme stepped forward until he was mere inches from Aya, his height giving him a few inches difference. "So... can you lower the giant ass fuck you sign you have on your forehead for a few seconds?"

Aya sighed, and seemed to relax a bit. "Alright. I'm sorry. Your boss has just caused us a bit of trouble... and taken more then one friend from us. Can you blame me for being on my guard?"

"You have a point. But then again, I just wasted a small fortune on keeping you from getting hurt..." He started keeping up the frown before he leaned down to look at her. "But a fellow Pon-taer is worth it... even if she is kinda mean. But that comes with the territory." He turned around and lifted up the Pickio, offering him a malevolent smile as he did so. "You coming? I'll escort you to the nearest bounty office."

Aya nodded, following along behind him. "I'm... not really that mean," she stated, wondering why she felt the need to defend herself. "I'm just cautious. But I do appreciate the help, and I'll gladly split the bounty with you."

"I feel you keep makin' assumptions about me." Graeme frowned as he looked at her. "I didn't help you for the bounty. I did it because you needed help. As for being cautious, there's a fine line between that and being rude. I think holding someone at gunpoint when they saved you tends to be viewed as the latter."

Aya threw up her hands and sighed. "Alright. I'm sorry, okay. I shouldn't have done that and I'll try not to make any assumptions anymore. And I really do appreciate your help. Thank you."

He let out a chuckle, the mirth on his face contrasting his brutal actions earlier. "Apology accepted. Thank you." His smile faltered for a moment, then fell through entirely to a solemn look. "Actually, I do come bearing bad news. Ghost gave me some time off and said if I came across anyone from the Wind to give them a message." He glanced at her with concern. "You're going to get too emotional when I say this... so brace yourself."

"Um... alright," Aya said, trying to prepare herself for some bad news.