The Starstream Adventures! (Sci-fi RP)

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and Frostlich: Secrets Hidden in Plain Sight Part 5

"That's! Incredible! With that power we could collect fossil DNA from millions of years ago!" Zara's eyes widened as she exclaimed.

"I wouldn't count on it." Abigail stated as she prepare a pot of water. "Anything I rewind to a hundred years or greater only remains that way temporarily. The longer the jump, the less time it remains that way."

"Interesting. So there is a limit."

"Everything has limits, even magic..." The young girl muttered, her gaze lowering for just a moment. "Are you a coffee or a tea person?"

"Right now? Tea." She laughed.

The young mage poured more water into the pot before tapping the bottom of it. It glowed teal briefly before steam erupted out the top. Abigail poured the water into the mug and handed it to Zara... Along side a bag of herbs.

"You all are very hospitable. It's quite refreshing." She stated, dipping her bag in.

"Everyone has their own story and their own background..." Abigail remarked as she finished repairing the house. "I'm not one to judge them for that."

"Not them. Other people we meet." Zara corrected.

"I don't know... Archmage Natherion has always been distasteful towards anyone not from the guild." Abigail replied has she prepped a pot of coffee. "No doubt he gave you a hard time. But let's not worry about that. I'm curious about your people and your culture."

"So you really don't know anything about us?" She confirmed.

"I've lived a sheltered life in a sheltered society... Are you really expecting me to know anything beyond magic, science and the anatomy of a phoenix?" The young girl gave Zara a coy grin as she poured two mugs of coffee.

"Who knows. Maybe you were curious." She subtly scanned her tea with her eyeball scanner, just in case, before taking a sip.

The tea itself had not been altered in any way... But further inspection would reveal that some of the molecules were locked in place. Could it be a side effect of her magic? "Sorry... I just want to learn as much as I can before I encounter my brother again. He went and bailed on us to explore the cosmos, so I want to be able to surprise him once I track his ass down."

"Is this the son you mentioned?" Zara nodded. "If you like I can try to have him located."

"Nah, that would just ruin the fun of it." The maiden remarked while drinking from one of the mugs.

Arthur walk into the room moments later, pulling the other mug into his hand with magic. "I'll be out speaking with this Paladin's leaders for a bit... I'll be back in probably a week... Depending on travel."

"Probably faster than that. Faster than Light and such." Zara commented.

"If your leaders are anything like the Archmages... They'll find a way to drag it out." Arthur muttered unamusingly.

"He really doesn't like politics..." Abigail whisper to the Fee lady before her father left.

"Oh. I understand the sentiment." She took another drink. "We have a Meritocracy. We elect those in office who we feel are the best for the job to a council of eleven members, then they elect one to become Grand Caesar, hopefully taking the concerns of the people in mind."

"Unfortunately. Selection of officials tend to favor the leads of major companies with a lot of pull. So in practice it looks more like an oligarchy. And the thing about a Meritocracy is just because you are considered best for the job, doesn't mean you're a good person or support the people."

"Well... Best of luck to you two." Abigail waved them off as Arthur teleported them back into Zara's ship.

Black0ut

Frostlich1228 & Black0ut present:
Spirits of the Aether

Ghost sat next to three artifacts that she had uncovered from old wrecks and dilapidated ruins. Two of them, she had personally procured, while the last she had used Jerry and Graeme to acquire. The room was Spartan with decorations and only had two chairs next to a desk.

The first object she had acquired was, a sphere with markings all over it and hidden buttons which activated parts of it. It glowed a soft green even when not activated.

The second was a cube, partially fractured on one of the corners, it made an audible humming noise, and glowed a vibrant sea blue. This one Ghost had been able to activate but her poor researchers murdered themselves gruesomely when the soft feminine voice within spoke. It didn't have any effect, but she still deactivated it nonetheless.

The final object was a cylinder, one that she had tried to understand, or at least activate, but it had failed on all attempts. She simply couldn't use it.

"Hey, Babe? Mind coming out of wherever you are to take a look at some presents I brought you? And could I at least get a kiss on the cheek?" Ghost asked, her eyes closed but a faint smile playing across her lips.

A voice staticy began to suddenly fill the room around the Sniper, her audio beginning to glitch as well. "H-He-Hello? Hello! Hehehe."

"Oh? Are you here then, dear Spectre? Mind giving me a kiss, hmmm?" Ghost kept her eyes closed but leaned her head to the side so her cheek was available to be kissed.

"Oh?" The Lights flickered. "Who's this?"

"Already forgotten me? I'm hurt..." Ghost started but gave a chuckle after a moment. "I'm Ghost. The one and only woman who wants to kiss you and in turn receive kisses."

"Yes... Mmm... I think I recognize you..." She chuckled creepily.

"So... are you going to take a look at these artifacts or are you going to stay hidden away?" Daisy asked, leaning back to let her ears judge where Spectre's voice was coming from.

It was coming from all around her, like surround sound. "So... All this is meant to be what...? An offering? I must say, I'm very flattered."

"A gift, my dear." Ghost offered a shy smile, one that no one living had ever seen. "We made a deal, but you never told me where to go... so I improvised. Whether you decide to give me a kiss or give me power, or both, I wanted to let you know that I'm at least... at least doing something." The smile seemed to fade for a tired look, one that spoke of recent pain.

"Huh... You're an odd one... But I like you." The image of the strange woman formed, leaning in to kiss her cheek

Ghost relaxed as she opened her eyes, a smile forming on her face as she turned her head to meet her lips with her own. "Does that like perhaps preclude towards something else as well?" Daisy flirted lightly as she flew up into the air.

"Oh... Interesting... You're a Fee..." The Ghostly Woman gave her a sickening grin, a look of pure malevolent bemusement that would make anyone's blood curdle. "Hehehe."

Ghost raised an eyebrow. "Listen, cutie... I'm still dangerous for a load of reasons, but I didn't summon you here to think about lewd or gory things. I needed to ask you a question."

"Oh... A question! Do I get to ask one too?" She held her own chin up with her hands.

"Uh... sure...?" Ghost replied, flying back a little in confusion. "Go ahead?"

"Ooooh! So many juicy options... Where were you born?" She asked curiously.

"The Mechanicum's current homeworld slash capital." Ghost answered, offering a shrug.

"Ah! Of course. Of course." She chuckled lowly. "I suppose it's time for your question then."

"Someone managed to realize that I care about two people... and they used that to break one of their hearts and demoralize them into depression." Ghost flew down and landed on the floor. She held her right arm and looked away. "How... how do you convince someone to continue when they feel... when they feel they can't anymore?"

"Oh Wow." She tapped her chin. "No one has ever quite asked me something like that before."

"I... I take it you cannot offer me advice, then?" Ghost whispered, her voice fragile and weak. "That's... okay. I'll... I'll figure something out..."

"No... I can answer that..." Her voice grew low. "I simply think... One must keep the hope that, somehow, someday, it will all be better. One must have faith."

Something dropped onto the floor, then another something and so on. "And how do you comfort that person? Remind them of that?" Daisy asked, her expression a confused one that didn't match the tears that escaped from her eyes. "I... for once, I don't know what I'm doing... and if I do nothing, I risk losing a friend. One of the few I have... so... c-... can you tell me what I can do, give me some direction, Miss Shitagau.."

"Well. Tell this person how sad you would be if they were gone. Ask them to perhaps live for you, and you for them. Set a goal. Give them some reason to continue." The normally sadistic spirit answered with surprising sincerity.

"They've never seen my face. You met him, actually. The Tamearin. I don't think he views me in the same light as I do him." The sniper sat down, clutching her knees to her chest. "So how do you reach out when you're normally an island and they refuse the help?"

"Well. If they truly choose death and they are unwilling to see another way. Perhaps you should try bonding closer with them."

"That... might work." Ghost slowly nodded, but remained where she was. "I hope it works..."

"You're a strange one. For what it's worth, I hope it works too." She smiled.

"Thanks..." Daisy quickly wiped her eyes, her wings fading in lieu of her helmet. "So... what... you said earlier, when we first met... are you going to help me become stronger?"

She rubbed her chin. "I can think of a few things..."

"Like?"

"Starting with some modifications to those cybernetics of yours." She looked the Fee over.

"Oh? The cybernetics that replace practically my entire being and are considered some of the best cybers off the market?" Ghost replied, her helm lighting up with a smirk. "What are the improvements you can make?"

"Oh... Dear... I am top of the line. I know things that your little Mechanicum wish they knew." She bragged.

The sniper's helmet dissolved as she flew up on newly formed wings. "Oh? Well, I wouldn't mind some assistance, beautiful~." Ghost batted her eyes, a flirtatious smile on her face.

"You're beautiful yourself you know. I always liked the Fee." Shitagau leaned in really close.

Daisy blushed, and looked away, her bluff called. "And why is that?"

"Mmm... I know a lot about them. Their history and such." She added.

"And that intrigues you to such an extent?" Daisy rubbed her arm, still blushing heavily. "I didn't think other races thought Fee were exotic..."

"I also think you're as cute as a button." She poked her in the gut lightly.

"I am not cute!" Daisy protested, her face deepening into a lovely red. "I am too artificial for that..."

"Tell me. What do you know about Psionics?" Shita leaned back a bit.

"Psionics? I know a bit... Psionics can be acquired naturally in certain races that are predisposed to it genetically or bioengineered in that way, such as the Demigor and the Tamearins, respectively. There's also colors involved in it, but that's about as much as I know on the subject." Ghost answered, her cheeks losing their redness.

"Well. Have you ever considered that brains are, well, much like computers?" She mentioned.

"I have, but most everyone functions like bad code; They're inefficient, corruptible, and altogether too simple... which makes it hard for someone like me to talk to people." Ghost explained, rubbing her neck.

"Well. Have you ever considered that perhaps... Psionics could be replicated into machines?" She asked curiously.

"A biological process into a synthetic one? No... I didn't. Are you saying...?"

"If one could say, mimic the processes in the brain that allow the use of Psionics, then transfer that over into the hard drive of a machine. Well. You'd have a machine that could freely use psychokinesis. And unlike organics that are generally locked to a single color for their entire lives, all a machine would need to switch is a change to the software." She explained, walking around the Fee.

"And you're saying you have found a way to do this?" Daisy replied, tilting her head to the side. "And given your skills, I take it you use this software yourself?"

"Perhaps I do." She giggled. "So what do you say dear? Do you trust me?"

"As someone who makes a lot of enemies... I can't say that the trust is full but it is there." The sniper rubbed her head as she peered into the woman's eyes. "After all, didn't you threaten me to help you instead of just asking?"

"Oh dear. Don't mind that. I threaten everyone. It gives people at least a little forewarning if I just decide to act a little... Mmm... Impulsive..." She waved it off. "Besides. I like you a lot better knowing you're a Fee."

Daisy's face burst back into being red, as she let out an internal scream of embarrassment. "A-a-anyways... your suggestion is to also give me psionics, making me considerably stronger... because you like me? And all I have to do is be completely vulnerable around..."

Black0ut

Spirit of the Aether, cont.

"If you don't trust me, that's okay. These things you've offered me are good for now." She laughed, looking back at the table.

"Trust has killed a lot of people over the ages. I'd be a bit silly to follow suit... even for one with your beauty." Daisy rubbed her arm, her eyes not leaving the woman for a second. "Is there... something else you could give me instead?"

"Oh? What are you implying?" Shitagau looked back slyly.

Daisy's face turned a brighter shade of red as she let out a soft squeak of embarrassment. "Wasn't implying anything... ahem... I was wondering if there were other boons that you could give me instead..." She tried bargain, having to break eye contact at the mere lewd thought.

"Ooooh. Mmm... Hehehe... You're an odd one." She gently brushed the side of her face.

"W-w-what do you mean?" The sniper rubbed her neck, her eyes looking everywhere but at the woman.

"I told you I can see the future right? What if I told you... I could read minds?" She whispered.

Ghost blushed and looked away, trying to avoid thinking about the several flirtatious thoughts that had popped into her head during their conversation. "You can? And you didn't decide to say anything until now?"

"Yesss... I can tell exactly what you're thinking..." She said in a goofy, wavy voice. "You are very attracted to me... Oooo."

Daisy let out a soft laugh that bordered on cute. "I think that one was pretty obvious... given how I'm a blushing mess right now."

"You are a strange one. How about I give you some time to consider my offer?"

"Wherein you partially disassemble me to install software? You have to admit; if the roles were reversed, I'm sure you'd have the same issues." Ghost flew up, her wings changing colors as she floated in front of the other woman. "So... was the psionic cybernetics the only thing you could give me?"

"I could... Also upgrade your firewalls and your weaponry if you so choose. But... You only get one choice. I have to be impartial."

"My firewalls are maintained and touched only by me... what kind of weapons do you have though?" Ghost tilted her head to the side.

"I'm glad you ask." She smiled, looking back at the ancient relics and picking one up. It looked to be a baseball sized orb that was covered in obviously intentional grooves and not so intentional dents and pits. As she touched it, it began to glow with a faint purple light. "This... Is a Psionic Engine. When interfaced with a consciousness that is either biological or synthetic, it allows the use of Psionics in various ways. Now. You can have your standard fare plasma weaponry, or even hardlight blades if you're feeling fancy. But with this, you could utilize Psionic Energy Blades, Psionic Lances, and even Explosives and Traps."

Ghost eyed it with interest. "And I assume such a device would also have some drawbacks, right?"

"Why would you assume that? There is the strain on your mental capacity, if you have too many things connected to your thoughts, it would likely cause a serious headache. But that is something that be easily avoided if you make sure not to have that many active neural Links at once."

"Alright... but I scoured a wreck for that, because you wanted it. Was that because you're trying to teach me how to be stronger?" Ghost asked, tilting her head to the side.

"It's because I'm feeling generous. And honestly... Everything else you brought me will gladly satisfy." She answered.

Ghost offered a smile. "Then I must say thank you, Miss Shitagau." The Fee did a curtsy in the air, and bowed her head a little in respect.

"Just don't forget our deal cutie." She blew a little kiss at her.

"I won't... say... do you know human culture, Shita?" Ghost asked, a smile on her face.

"Human Culture? Mmm. I know of it. I do find it interesting. It's where i got my name after all." She replied.

"Would you mind coming to my room for done coffee?" Daisy asked, her voice lacking the embarrassed tone to it.

"Uh... I'm not exactly here. I don't eat or drink." She demonstrated by phasing her arm through her chest.

"That wasn't what coffee meant, dear... Besides you offered earlier, when I was more flustered." Daisy put a hand on her hip and batted her eyelashes at Shita, a flirtatious smile on her face.

"Oh... Well... If you say so..." She laughed.

Ghost flew to a bookshelf, and pressed on what seemed to be a random book. The bookshelf swung open to reveal a bed big enough for both of them. "So what now... are you going to run away? Or... are you willing to spend an evening with me?~"

"Mmm. I can't do anything physical... But I can still give you a pleasurable time, little thing..." Shita floated towards the bed.

"Oh? Doesn't that defeat the point if I can't make you feel the same?" Ghost pouted slightly, flying over as well.

"D'ya want it or not?" She rolled her eyes.

Ghost landed on the bed, before her wings faded. The wings reappeared as a handle that she pulled, causing the armor pop off. To match her bright pink hair, she wore a hot pink dress that showed off her curves. "I do... but when do I get you in person?"

"That might be a little hard..." Her expression dropped for some reason. "I... Why are you doing this?"

Ghost tilted her head. "I like you and against my best judgement, which tells me you'll have the perfect time to kill me, I want to see where this goes." The Sniper offered a shrug, before she sat down on the bed. "And you look like you could use a friend… but given how distrusting I am, I thought a lover might be a better fit."

She shook her head. "This was stupid... Mistake... I have no place as your friend or lover."

"And why is that?" Ghost asked softly, her wings returning to her back.

"Because you know nothing about me. Not who I am. Not what I am." She spoke seriously. "And it's better this way."

"Well, I know I will not live long; maybe if I'm lucky, I'll survive until the end of the galactic year. So, it does not matter to me what or who you are." Daisy flew up to stare into the woman's eyes. "Although it is sweet that you show some concern for a doomed woman. So why not take the chance?"

"Doomed? Most likely." She nodded. "No. It's better to keep things simple. We will meet again."

"We'll see." The comment was devoid of any sass or warning, just slight tiredness. "Take care of yourself, Shita. Hopefully we do get to meet again."

She nodded in confirmation, slowly dissappating into nothing.

Black0ut

Insane Darkness & Black0ut present:
Sniping the Heart

“Thank you!” Ella called behind her as the door shut, her hand in the process of hiding her recently-purchased contents in her coat. Her feet shuffled upon the ground as she lazily headed back to the ship.

“What was that?” a nearby woman gossiped with her friend.

“I don’t know. Seems like it’s really creepy. I don’t want to be anywhere near that thing.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean…”

Their conversation piqued Ella’s curiosity, but she figured she would never find out what it was they spoke about.

However, in the distance stood a giant plant about nine feet tall. It was colored black, with dark purples and reds accenting its body. Most startling of all was how confused it look, not that its pure golden eyes showed any emotion; it turned and looked rather confused in its body language as it surveyed the area.

“Are you lost?” Ella asked as she approached.

No. I just… do not understand why certain people avoid others… A voice said in her head. It was very bookish, and held a tone of curiosity to it.

“Well, uh…” Ella started, not expecting what she heard, especially as Vi read out what was put into her head. “People are complicated is the easy answer, I guess.”

Well, the Cartus avoid the Shinso, the Fee seem rather smug and act superior, the Quin glare at the Shinso, and the Humans and Tamearins seem friendly… while the Tamearins dislike other Tamearins. Bar explained as he watched everyone.

“History has a lot to do with that. Enslavement and the like,” the Shinso stated matter-of-factly.

Yes… I know about the Cartus and Shinso. I don't know about everyone else though.

“It would be a lot to explain. Maybe do some research, since it seems you’re very invested in the topic.”

Well, fauna are pretty foreign to me… most of you don't even like my presence and yet you're all fascinated by what I am. Bar mentally frowned in Ella's head.

“People fear the unknown.” Ella frowned herself.

And yet everyone is fascinated by me. That's why you all confuse me. You don't make any sense. Bar shook his head slowly.

Ella stayed silent, not really knowing how to respond.

I mean, for one, you have two different voices. One's quieter and the other is the one you're talking with.

“I’m… not sure I understand.”

Your other voice is trying to block me from talking to you… and I don't know why.

“My VI’s psionic defense, most likely.” She offered him a small smile.

What is a… V.I.?

Ella blinked a few times. “You don’t know?”

Know what?

“I suppose it’s not really THAT important…”

Then why bring it up?

“It’s, uh…” Ella grimaced. “It’s just something in my brain that protects me. They have different restricted functions, but they’re not living.” I suppose explaining the basics might be easier than explaining why it’s not important for me to do so...

Then why does it have a voice? If it did not live, it shouldn't have a psionics voice I can hear.

“I don’t know.” Ella shrugged.

Then could your inner voice speak to me?

“My V.I. has a voice. But she has to speak through my vocal cords.”

Would you allow her to speak then?

Ella took a deep breath and closed her eyes. After a moment, she opened them and the normal soft eyes instead pierced through the man. “Greetings.”

Hello. Could you tell me what a V.I. is?

“Limited-functioning Artificial Intelligence, acting within set parameters.”

W-what? I… um… could you repeat that in Galactic Common?

“Meaning you wish for me to elaborate.” Vi blinked, still expressing no emotion. “Artificial Intelligence, referring to an intelligence created by man. Parameters, referring to limitations placed upon them by someone or something. In other words, a man-made intelligence that cannot go ‘out of control’.”

Why? Are people afraid you'd go out of control?

“An AI called Andromeda went haywire. To summarize, they annihilated trillions of lives. People feared another AI would rise, so VI like me exist. An Artificial Intelligence limited in its capabilities.”

So they fear you but need you? That seems very unfair and rather rude...

“Is it not the same for you?” Vi tilted her head slightly.

No. People do not need me, so they are hesitant to approach me.

“Why do people not need you? Are you just incompetent?”

No. I’m not incompentent I can do things fairly well and usually do so. However, most people fear me, and therefore do not ask me to do anything for them. Bar lifted a hand, showing off its claws. For example, my captain, who is a Cartus like your friend, likes me scratching behind her ears, but other Cartus do not ask, mainly because they consider it taboo.

“My friend? Who’s a Cartus? Who are you referring to?”

The one you inhabit.

“She’s a Shinso.”

She is? But she’s not as large as other Shinso, I’ve seen...

“She’s what would be considered a runt. They aren’t common, but some lineages still birth them.”

Oh… can she hear us?

“Kind of. She’s suppressed. But she can listen to our discussion afterwards if she misses anything.”

Then my sincerest apologies, Miss…? Bar paused as he hadn’t asked her name.

“I am Vi. I inhabit the body of Ella.”

Then my apologies to you both. I shall strive to be more knowledgeable in the future. Bar lowered himself into a bow, his back rigidly straight, as dark purple ichor dripped past his mask.

“Ella believes that there’s nothing wrong with ignorance unless you stay ignorant.” Vi offered a forced smile. “So do not feel apologetic. Ask as many questions as you desire.”

Are there any cultural things I should learn not to say around Shinso?

“Most Shinso feel offended when referred to by ‘Meat Breath’. But any negatively-implied adjectives and nouns used to refer to them are often advised against as well, if you wish to stay on their ‘good side’.”

Thank you. Is petting or scratching behind ears considered a taboo in Shinso society as it is in Cartus society, due to its erogenous effects?

“It’s not as powerful of an erogenous effect, but it is highly demeaning. Shinso are very prideful and petting them, as well as scratching behind the ears, imply that you are looking down on them like some sort of pet.”

Duly noted. That is all of my questions on species answered. Would you like to learn about mine?

“If you have hard-to-find information, it could potentially be useful to us in the future if you provided it.”

Well, I doubt many, if any, would know my race, so any question you ask would probably give you money.

“I have no intrigues to inform you about. Just tell me what you are.”

I’m a Plantoid.

“Elaborate.” Vi paused for a moment. “Please.”

I am a Photecian, a Plantoid that has developed psionic powers to communicate. Are there any specifics you would like to know?

“Not particularly.”

Why?

“I am not personally curious about you. I am just offering you a chance to provide us with information.”

You're not curious at all? Isn't the idea of procuring knowledge part of curiosity itself? To know what you didn't before because you want to know?

“I possess no such ability to be curious. I merely store data, not yearn for more.”

"Interesting…" Bar said aloud, slightly muffled by his faceplate and a lot more scratchy with his voice.

“I assume you are curious about me, then? If you have any more questions, I can answer them.”

I am… but I'd rather learn about you as time progresses. Bar nodded before sticking his hand out. My name is Bar and it has been a pleasure to meet you both. I have to be making my way back to the Wind.

Vi blinked twice before closing her eyes, fluttering open with all manners of expression on her face where there once was void. “The Wind? As in?...”

The ship I serve on.

“Well, I work on the Golden Wind. What’s yours called?”

We work on the same ship! Oh, this is fortu-... fortui-twas? It is fortunate.

“Fortuitous. And really? I didn’t hear anything about anyone new. Then again, my door is rather thick, more figuratively than literally…”

I joined after JJ Jetstorm, Aya Me, and Titania Regallis saved my home from war. It seemed more fair to join than to abandon them. I’ve been around for maybe a month or two?

Black0ut

Sniping the Heart, part 2

Ella blinked a few times, before her face contorted into a begrudged mess. “Wow… I really don’t leave my room much…”

Bar, quickly and without thinking, raised a hand to scratch behind Ella’s ears, the clawed appendages having a gentleness to them she hadn’t seen before. Its okay… people do not need to remember me, so you are fine… But do not get upset over not knowing. Okay?

Ella, trying to be nice, attempted to hide the fact that she was flinching at the likelihood he could scratch her scalp accidentally. “Please… stop…” She placed a gentle but firm hand on his forearm, subtly pushing him away..

The plant paused and then retracted his hand. I… I’m sorry… I… invaded your personal space witho-

“No-no-no! It’s fine!” she exclaimed, holding out a reassuring hand. “I… My scalp is just really sensitive… And it sometimes hurts when people… scratch too haphazardly.” Ella pulled one of her hands up to her hair to gingerly brush it back. “The last time someone scratched my ears, they injured me. And I didn’t want you to do the same, for both our sakes, I guess…” Ella’s expression showed an extreme sense of guilt.

The plant’s golden eyes stared from her from their massive perch before they got closer, the plant crouching down to her level. I… I could try to heal you and take away the pain if you wish? I… I admit I’m not too good with understanding how you fauna talk to each other, all the social cues… so… I apologize if this seems like I’m stepping out of line. I just… I want to help you. He sent a telepathic smile that felt warm to her, hoping Vi would let it through.

He’s trying to smile at you. I expect he’s trying to befriend you. Vi’s shrill voice rang out in Ella’s head after repeating what he told her.

“I’m not sure it’s something so simple. Or something I would like to explain in the middle of a street… where it looks like I’m talking to myself…” Ella’s sudden realization that she looked like a complete fool eventually crept upon her. “Alright! Let’s get out of here before I embarrass myself more!” she called out as she walked in the direction of the Golden Wind, her body tense and her gritted teeth to go with it.

Bar trailed behind, taking slow methodical steps so as to keep pace with Ella. Why would you be embarrassed? Is it… are you embarrassed because of me?

“No,” Ella responded, too quickly. “I’m… talking with someone that no one else can hear. And the average Joe would suspect that I’m just talking to myself. THAT’S embarrassing…”

They can hear me. I’m broadcasting what I’m saying; it’s akin to how you fauna talk, but in their minds. It does sound distant as it is supposed to be a private conversation of sorts. Bar replied, rubbing the back of his head. He then picked two of the flowers back there, before an idea struck him. He picked more of the foliage off of himself until he had a small bouquet of roses. He held it behind his back, before asking, do you like flowers and if so what color?

“That’s a little random… But I prefer purple ones. They are so much more vibrant than other flowers to me.”

Bar reached behind his back, and grabbed two purple flowers, tucking one flower neatly on the side of one of her bangs, and presenting the other in front of her. It was deep purple and looked rather beautiful, far more lustrous than flowers from Earth could compare to.

“What is this?” Ella gingerly took the flower with her fingers and brought it closer to her.

A gift for being nice of me and not being afraid to approach me.

“Why should I have been afraid?”

Well, I am a giant plant with razor-sharp claws for hands and I am communicating to you via telepathy. Most people would consider that cause for concern.

“And I have a giant sniper rifle on my back. Your point?” Ella could barely contain her smile.

Well, guns are different. People usually don’t like what’s different to them. In my case, just existing scares people. Bar’s voice took on a sadder tone. I managed to stop a robber today from hurting a woman and she screamed then cut me with a laser boxcutter. People… I think most fauna hate me. I… don’t know of anyone who actually does not hold some fear about me. Or doesn’t think I’m a useful monster to keep around.

“That’s not true.” Ella took Bar’s hand and placed the flower into it, closing his hand around it. She looked into his eyes and smiled at him. “If that’s true, then why do I not fear you or hate you? And I certainly don’t think you’re a monster. You’re… unique. But in a good way. You’re you. And you’ll find people who understand who you really are.”

Bar stared at her for a moment, before his golden eyes started to turn blue. Or rather, as seconds passed, blue droplets trailed down his face. The plant remained silent, his body not making any movements to indicate his crying, but the tears providing the proof. His eyes went down to the flower in his hand, and then to the smaller hand that held it gently. Why…? His voice came out lacking the formalities and instead had the rawness of someone who was completely vulnerable. Why are you being nice to me? Why are you not treating me like a freak? A reject… why…?

She pulled on his arm, her twigs for muscles doing little if anything to move him to her will. “Any other Shinso could have made you move by pulling on your arm. I myself am a freak. But I’m not a reject. And I won’t let you be one either.”

More tears streamed down and past Bark’s guardplate, dripping onto the ground. He finally stopped walking, now right by the ship’s entrance. He dropped to a knee, the bouquet of flowers still in his hand, now hanging limply by his side. No… you’re not a freak… you’re far better. You’re a hero… one who now has to deal with a kid trying to pretend he can be one too… I… I am not worth your time or effort.

“And who’s the judge of that? You? Me? Some higher power?” Ella tilted her head, waiting for his answer.

A pained chuckle was let out as Bar simply looked at the ground. I can fight, but when I do, I can’t protect my coworkers. I can operate the sensor array, but I missed a ship I should have been able to spot. I can comfort people, but I end up going too far. I nearly killed a teammate, and I do not think she has forgiven me… there is nothing of quality and I know Vi would agree with me.

“So, what you’re saying is that you’re not perfect? And because you keep making mistakes, that makes you not valuable or a quality person?”

Where I’m from, yes. Very much so. And I have failed too many times… therefore… He paused, looking up into her eyes, tears still streaming from his. A friend of mine… before he passed, he gave me a saying… sometimes the best thing for a flower to do is to die. Maybe… that’s all I can do. Die for someone better than me.

“So, Mister Freak. You’re not like those you were surrounded by. They were all perfect, never made a single mistake. They were ‘quality’, by your standards. But, since they’ve never messed up, they never got to experience something that you have. An emotion called guilt.” Ella paused. “If we were to compare you to those I was surrounded by, you are a hero. There are many people I know who do not feel guilty for what they’ve done. They believe there’s nothing they can do to remedy their mistakes, so they just move on. You… are special. You believe that you’ve made mistakes and you truly wish to remedy what you’ve done. You, while you may not believe it yourself, are a hero of a person.”

Bar fell to the ground, holding himself up with his free hand. Do you… know how old I am? How many times my mistakes have costed someone their life? I… I… it’s not fair… I’m the useless one, the fuckup, the bullshit creature, so why… why am I still here when… they aren’t? Why… do I hate myself for that…? And why does it hurt so fucking much?

Ella took a step forward and hugged the giant depressed plant-person. She strained her body to attempt something she’d never done before. “It’s not your fault.” Vi and Ella said at the same time with the same vocal cords, trying her best to console him before she stopped trying, returning to her normal voice. “The world is cruel. You are no less of a person by being here, now. You are strong by feeling so guilty. But you’re also reaching a point where it’s becoming destructive. You have to understand that they didn’t deserve to die, but you don’t deserve to die either. Nothing in this life is fair… but you have to move on, remembering who they were and how their existence affected how you lived your life.” She pushed herself off of him slowly, holding his shoulders. “You are strong. Show everyone how strong you are and be the legacy of those you were forced to leave behind. Just… never forget them.” The last three words had been cracked as a single tear fell down her own face that she quickly wiped away.

Black0ut

Sniping the Heart, pt. 3

Bar’s eyes stared into Ella’s, and he slowly nodded. I… you’re right. I can’t die if I end up being the last one to remember them… Ella… Vi… thank you. He gently held up his hand, the bouquet of flowers still in hand. He stared at it, before gently pressing it into her hands. I am hundred thirty-five years old… but… I am akin to a teenager of eighteen. As far as I know… my mother and I are the only ones left of our race.

“Let’s head inside… this seems rather personal…” Ella took a few steps away before turning around, holding out a hand.

He took her hand, gingerly rising as he did so. Yes… I forgot to broadcast during that… and I apologize for swearing… it wasn’t very polite.

Ella merely shook her head in a way to wave off the apology before they headed into the Golden Wind, continuing their conversation behind closed doors.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
Mission: Within and Without

It had been a rather calm few days, not much arriving in the way of work, many of the crew of the Golden Wind, especially JJ, were recovering their pride after their defeat at the hands of Sirius and Qvibizthah and their new Dragon Friend were settling in well.

It seemed like it would be yet another quiet day, all until Jackie was approached near the cockpit of the Golden Wind by a very excited looking Yixx, which was rare. "Hey! Jackie! You're not busy right?"

JJ blinked and shook her head. "N-no, not really. Did, uh... did something happen?"

"My Dad's Ship, The Lyrii Comet, is passing nearby us on it's way to Forseti, he asked if he could speak with us." Yixx smiled. "He said he has a job too, if we're interested."

"Really?" JJ rubbed her chin. "Yorin don't usually ask for outside help for obvious reasons. This could be a golden opportunity to expand our horizons..."

"Well, since I'm here, he's taking a chance to ask for you help. We've been spurned by other races before, like a lot of Yorin, I assume, but he's one of the more open minded ones." Yixx examined.

JJ nodded and smiled. "Tell him I'd be happy to meet with him and hear what he wants from us."

"Why don't you hail him and we can both tell him?" She asked happily.

"Oh, he's by us now?"

"Confirmed Captain," Aya said. "Opening Hailing frequency."

"This is Jackie-Jackie Jetstorm of the Golden Wind. Please respond."

The Picture opened to reveal a large, brutish looking Tabora, but the primal savagery that the alien body displayed were juxtaposed strangely by a fancy looking top-hat and a pair of tiny reading glasses, as well as a slightly stretched out business suit. "Well hello there! I was hoping you'd call! Us just happening to be in the same system is an act of Providence I tell you!" He said cheerily, his voice almost like that of a carnival announcer or a talkshow host.

JJ couldn't help but give a big smile. "Hello there." She bowed her head. "As I said, I am Jackie-Jackie Jetstorm. Please, Jackie or JJ will do. I understand we have business to discuss."

"Well yes! Of course! But does it have to be so right to business then? Tell me good Madame, how has my daughter been faring on your vessel?" He gave a harumph.

Yixx leaned in, giving him a wave, "Hi Daddy!"

"There's my girls! Well look at you all smiling! It's been a while since I've seen you so happy!" He chuckled heartily.

"She and her human counterpart have both been a delight to have," JJ statex sincerely. "I couldn't imagine going on without them."

"Forgive my rudeness, My name is Zipp Najji, Captain of the Lyrii Comet Research Vessel." He gave a bow.

JJ bowed back. "I have heard a bit about you from your daughter, Mr. Najji. She speaks quite highly of you."

"Have you now?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Actually... I haven't really talked about him much..." Yixx tapped her fingers. "I don't really talk to many people though..."

"That's fine sweetie, I know you love your old man, even If I can be pushy with you. You know I only do it cause love you, right?"

"I know..." Yixx rubbed her arm gently.

"Perhaps we can meet in person?" JJ asked. "Maybe share a bit of tea while we share embarrassing stories about your daughter?"

"Hey!" Yixx turned to look at her.

"Sounds wonderful! We'll be there in a Jiffy, just ah... We have a second ship following us, just merchants, don't worry." He explained.

JJ nodded. "I'll have Aya prepare the tea! Oh, this is so exciting..."

After thirty or so minutes getting everything ready for their arrival, they heard the trademark sound of a docking ship, Yixx seemingly very excited. "I wonder if Mom is on board? That would be so nice!"

"How long has it been since you've seen them?" Aya asked curiously.

"A little over a year now... That's... a long time for Yorin. But I still sent them messages." Yixx told her.

Aya smiled. "I'm sure you're eager to see them then." Aya hit a few keys to open the airlock. "Let's see to it then. I'd like a chance to talk to a few more Yorin myself."

Stepping in were three large Tabora, including the one in the top-hat they had seen before. The first thing he did was step up as offer her his hand. "It's wonderful to meet you in person Ms. Jetstorm."

"The pleasure is mine," she said, taking his hand firmly.

"And my lovely girls!" He walked over and carefully hugged them. "Lady! You look exactly the same! Do Humans not age or something?"

Lady tagged in, rubbing the back of her head. "Hey Mr. Najji... You know it's only been a year right?"

"That long? Oh how time flies." He sighed. "Well. Let's have that tea then!"

JJ giggled as she guided everyone towards the lounge. "It is nice to have you on board. There is so much I'd love to learn about you."

"Like what? Ask away my friend, I'm all ears." He gently picked up the glass of tea between two finger, sipping ur daintily with his giant mouth.

"Well, can you tell me a bit about your ship?" JJ asked, sipping her own tea. "And what it is you do? Other then knowing your daughter loves you, she hasn't said much about you."

"Oh no..." Yixx whispered.

"The Lyrii Comet? It was named after my great, great, grandmother, a Tamearin named Lyrii'na. A finer Woman never existed, or so I was told. My great great Grandfather veered out of his field to become a Scientist, that's when he met Lyrii on a research trade with the Tamear, fell right I love so I'm told." He went on rather long-windedly. "Our family has been following in her tradition since, I myself am a Material Researcher, I travel to the far-flung corners of space to study rare and exotic elements in hopes of a potential breakthrough."

"Really?" JJ leaned forward. "What are some discoveries you've made?"

"Well! I discovered an entirely new element on the periodic table! I discovered a vein of tungsten that was exposed for centuries to the constant radiation of a neutron star! This altered the metal in such a way that it's atoms form almost like a lattice kind of shape. This shape allowed the tungsten to be able to withstand around sixty-three percent extra force before reaching it's limit, and absorb nearly eighty percent of heat based energy! It was quite the find! I received several awards for the discovery!" He continued, Yixx just sighing and putting and her head in her hands.

JJ nodded eagerly until she noticed Yixx, and cleared her throat. "What, um... what about Yixx's mother? Where is she?"

"Oh, Viie?" He looked back, a large Tabora with a light, frilly dress, and a pink bow in the hair stepped out.

"I'm coming dear!" She stepped up to the group. "It takes a bit, this Tabora is getting a little on the old side you know."

"Hey Mom!" Yixx waved again.

"Good to see you having fun out here sweetie. I'm Yixx's Mother, Dr. Viie Najji. I am a blueprint designer by trade, people come to me with a budget, supplies, materials, and I work with them to create a blueprint for their machine that is both practical and stylish. I also have a degree in Xenobiology."

Aya looked at Yixx. "You never told us you came from such grand stock, Yixx. I'm impressed."

"Well... Most Yorin are expected to achieve great things in life..." She lowered her head. "And look at me... Just a Bounty Hunter..."

JJ raised an eyebrow. "And what's wrong with that? You're a great bounty hunter who has made lots of money and earned the respect of many, myself included."

"You're too kind. Honestly." Yixx sighed.

"That's Tosh Girl." Her Father said. "I for one am proud of you. You're making a good name for yourself out here and not just for yourself, but for Yorin everywhere."

"He's right," Aya said. "Not many human-Yorin partners, and your making your people look good. You should be proud."

"Thanks you two..." Yixx nodded, giving a slight smile.

Her Father nodded, then looked back at JJ, "So. We actually had a favor to ask of you. A job, if you're willing."

JJ nodded. "Of course. Please, lay it on me."

"So. We have a friendly ship of Traders tailing us, you've probably noticed them. They're various races, Humans, Tamearin, even a few Cartus and Shinso. They were doing business in Yorin space and asked if you could guard them on our way to Forseti. We're not really an well armed ship though, but we do look bulky and pretty intimidating at a glance, so it's worked so far." Zipp Najji explained. "Problem is, our stop is here, and they don't feel comfortable continuing alone towards their destination, especially considering the space that they have to pass through is well known for its pirate activity you see."

He tapped his fingers on the chair, "So. I was wondering if perhaps you could take our place is escorting them. I'm sure they'd pay you well."

JJ leaned back. "Hmm... Forseti is a long ways away..." She looked over at Yorin controlled crewwoman. "What do you think?"

"Oh. They don't want to go to Forseti. That's where we're going, they want to go to a trading post a few systems away." He corrected.

"Ah. That is more reasonable." JJ looked at Aya.

"I don't see why not," the Tamerin said. "Or weapon systems are all in the best condition they've ever been in. I say let's do it."

"Excellent! I'll tell them to dock and you can talk to them." He nodded.

"Are you leaving already you two?" Yixx asked, looking at her Mom and Dad.

"Yeah, sweetie. We've got to. But don't you worry, we'll come back very soon and we'll get time to catch more later." He said, stepping up to her and giving her a big hug.

"We'll make sure you can contact them over subspace," Aya offered.

"Thank you both so much." Yixx nodded, "I love you guys!"

"Don't be a stranger now!" Her Mother called back, shaking JJ and Ayas hands before beginning to return to their ship.

JJ smiled at Yixx. "That went well. They're so nice!"

"Yeah. I guess they are huh?" Yixx smiled, "Even if they can ramble on..."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
JJ waved her hand dismissively. "It's okay. I thought it was all interesting."

"I guess I've just heard it a lot. He always tells that story." The Yorin Girl laughed.

The other woman laughed with her, Aya stating," I just hope these people we'll be guarding are half as nice."

Eventually, the Lyrii Comet pulled away, a second, smaller merchant vessel docking in its place. As the door opened, they were met by a curious sight, a duo of a female Cartus with orange, striped fur, and a Tamearin Woman with long purple hair that fell down to her lower back.

"Well! Hello There!" The Cartus smiled, giving a bow. "I'm Captain Ashina Soris, this is my second in command Nari'ha. I was told you accepted our request for protection?"

"That is correct," JJ stated, grinning. "I am Jackie-Jackie Jetstorm. This is Aya, my first mate, and Yixx, who is the daughter of the Yorin captain you were working with."

"Oh! Interesting!" The Tamearin paid special attention to Yixx. "I didn't know he had a daughter? Are you a Yorin/Human Pair?"

Yixx smiled, "Uh... Yeah. I am."

"That's Super Cool!" Captain Soris responded. "Where are you from Ms. JJ? I'm from Ladias 3 back in Shinso Space."

"Forseti originally, but I've been around quite a lot." JJ grinned. "Are you, by chance... the captain of your ship?"

"I am!" She smiled proudly. "Although Mari helps out with the Navigation."

"She has a terrible sense of direction." The Tamearin gave a light smile.

Aya chuckled and shook her head. "My goddesses, it is like looking in a mirror..."

"It is, isn't it? That's silly!" Ashina chuckled, looking them up and down.

"You are a Pon-Taer correct?" Nari'ha looked at her, "I am not. I suppose our similarities end there, although I appreciate that you are still willing to guide us. Many of your kind look towards us unfavorably, and it is not completely unfounded..."

Aya crossed her arms. "That is... very open minded of you to admit that. I appreciate it. Truly."

"I was not born in Tamearin Space, it gave me a unique perspective on things." She nodded. "I understand that the bulk of our people have been less than reasonable towards the Pon-Taers at some points."

Aya nodded. "Had a few just a few weeks ago threatening me and another. It is... refreshing to find one who is different."

She gave her a bow, "I apologize for the actions of my peers. I hope one day we can make our society hospitable towards you again. It often sickens me to think that we shun our own so, as much as I love my people."

Aya nodded and smiled. "Well, um... are there any details we should know about. What kind of ship do you have? What are its defensive capabilities?"

"You could inspect it yourself, if you like." Ashina nodded. "It's a Shinso ship... Don't ask me how I got it, it's been mine for a long time."

JJ nodded. "I wouldn't mind a tour while Aya prepares the ship."

"Why not have Ms. Aya come too?" Ashina asked curiously.

JJ looked at Aya curiously, and she shrugged. "I wouldn't mind seeing their ship. The others can get things ready."

"Enjoy yourselves!" Lady smiled, "I'll hang out here."

They nodded to her, and followed the pair into the ship, eager to see what it looked like.

The Inside of the ship, at least from stepping in, was quite nice. It wasn't as big as the Golden Wind, but as a merchant ship, it was well decorated. The Walls were painted a warm orange color that hid the metal behind it, the lovely cream colored carpeting did a much similar thing. Directly in front of them was an open bar mess area with a number of other crew members of various GFP races eating and chatting with eachother.

The Orange Cartus turned around to face them, "This is our mess hall, it's nice isn't it? I'm pretty proud of it to be honest."

"You should be," JJ stated. "I like it as much as ours. Maybe a little more."

"Do you want some tea? We have a lovely Cartus Tea brewing." She pointed over to the kitchen where a lithe Shinso girl was boiling a pot.

"Please Forgive my Friend." Nari apologized. "You likely have better things to do."

"Nonsense Nari, they already agreed to have a tour after all." Ashina nudged her.

Aya nodded in agreement. "Some tea sounds lovely."

The Two of them were guided over to the living space as the Shinso pulled the teapot off the stovetop, placing a small satchel of herbs in each of their mugs and pouring the steaming water over it, one after another. All four of them sat down on the couches, Ashina and Nari'ha sipping their tea first.

"Mmm! That's lovely Missah." Said the Orange Cartus.

JJ and Aya both tried theirs, and they nodded in agreement. "Some of the best I've ever had," Aya said. "Truly."

"That's good!" Ashina crossed one leg over the other. "So how long have you two been doing this?"

"I would like to know as well. We've been merchants for several years now." Nari added.

"Less then a year for us actually," JJ answered. "It has been my calling for a while, but I couldn't find a good ship. Once I did, I gathered a great crew, and here we are!"

"That's lovely." She took another drink of her tea, the Cat looking back up at them. "I really do like you all. You're a good sort. Too bad this probably isn't the best business for people like you."

Before they could question her on what she meant by that, the two of them suddenly began to feel their muscles start to stiffen and lock up, making it hard to move.

Nari'ha looked over at her friend, then back at them. "You're far too trusting, you know. That's dangerous."

Aya's eyes widened in shock, and started to probe their minds.

She sensed something was wrong, she detected the mind she expected, but also another mind, fainter, like it wasn't in control.

Ashina nodded to her partner as she stood up and walked closer, their muscles locking up as they became almost completely paralyzed. "Just because you see someone drinking something doesn't mean it's safe. We've just been doing ourselves with the antidote."

Nari stood up too. "In a few moments you'll likely black out. But don't worry. We're not going to kill you."

JJ glared as angrily as her almost paralyzed face could. As she quickly faded, she was more angry then afraid, something that would likely be different if she knew what Aya knew.

Blackness quickly filled their conciousness, but they weren't out for very long until JJ was suddenly and abruptly woken up by a bucket of water splashing into her face.

As her vision returned a cleared up, she struggled to move, but couldn't, not even her head. She was tightly clamped down to a chair, large metal cuffs attached to the uncomfortable chair holding down her arms and feet, one wrapping around her forehead, holding her head still.

She looked around the best she could, it was dark, there were various pipes and valves and other machinery visible in the walls. The signature smell of oil hit her nose suddenly, this was likely a utility area in the bowels of the ship.

Suddenly, Ashina stepped up in front of her, "Well. That woke up you. Must've given you a stronger dose than I intended. Sorry about that."

JJ let out a literal snarl, and struggled some more. "What is this about? Who do you work for?"

"We are freelance. But currently? A Man named Sirius Ravenwood. Now normally I don't drop the names of my employers but well... I'm sure he was your first guess anyway." She chuckled.

JJ only looked angrier. "What does he want with us?! Whatever he's paying you, I will double it..."

"Oh really?" She tapped her chin. "Now that is an interesting offer. Isn't it? But why would I do that when I can get yours and his money?"

JJ struggled a little more. Seeing it was futile, she gave the woman a sad look. "Please... our people have been through so much. Don't do this to a fellow Cartus."

"Fellow Cartus?" She laughed. "My you are the dense one. Aren't you?"

Ashina leaned in really close to JJ's face, giving her a good look at the blank look on her eyes, a look that reminded Jackie of what happened to Lady when Yixx took control.

She then gave a grin, "Figure it out yet?"

JJ's own eyes widened. "You... you're a Yorin. How... many of your crew..."

"Let's see... One, Two... All of them." She rubbed her chin in faux thought. "We weren't entirely lying and Mr. Najii wasn't in on it either. This is a Merchant ship and Ashina and Nari'ha are his friends... We just... Borrowed the ship, then asked for their help using their bodies. I'm so glad the three of you are so gullible."

JJ grit her teeth. "When I get out of here..."

"Don't worry. We'll let you out." The Yorin in the body of the Cartus stepped out of JJ's view, two more crew members stepping up next to her. She returned with a small bowl in her hands, filled with blue liquid, the Yorin purposefully tilted it down to reveal it's contents. There in the black painted bowl were a number of small slugs of various size: Yorin.

"Well Hello You All." Ashina handed it off to the crew member to her right. "No. All you'll do is deliver yourself to Sirius. Once I take that body of yours, of course."

JJ again tried to get free. "No! Y-you can't do this!"

"Enough struggling. We'll do you first. Then your Tamearin friend when she wakes up." She said, the two crew members grabbed the arms of Ashina, another reaching down to let a Yorin from the bowl up on his finger.

Suddenly, Ashina's eyes came back into color, beginning to immediately struggle as she looked at JJ, tears streaming down her face. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! No! Stop! Don't do this!"

The two men held her down harder, retrieving the Yorin from her ear and quickly replacing it, Ashina's eyes fogging over once again.

A Tall Tamearin Man walked over to JJ, the Yorin on the tip of his finger.

"I'm going to kill you all," JJ simply said with venom seldom heard from her.

The Man Leaned down, "Cute. But let's see how you act after our little friend here."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
He reached over, placing his finger up to JJ's ear to allow the alien to crawl in. Fear filled her stomach as she began to involuntarily twitch, feeling the slug making its way into her ear. She couldn't stop it now.

She simply closed her eyes. She would be trapped in her own body. A pure nightmare. She could only pray for a miracle.

Eventually, after a few moments, she opened her eyes. Looking around she wondered what was taking so long. Then her head looked down without her telling it to, her hands began to move without her volition. She could see everything.

She smiled, then laughed, "Hey... Can you hear me in there? You can talk to me. Although I don't know what good it'll do now." The Yorin replied, her men unlocking the shackles so she could stand up.

This won't work! My people will know! Get out of my head!

"Oh. They won't know. All I have to do is probe your mind for the answers to all their questions. And without Aya, the Person who knows you the best, well, it'll just seem like you're acting a little off." The Yorin controlling her made her reach down, running her hands across her body. "Mmm. You're quite the attractive one, aren't you?"

Stop that! Ugh... body snatched by a pervert. Though it'll make it all the better when I squish you.

"Let's go see how Aya's doing. Shall we. By the way. You can call me Krii, if you want." She chuckled again, motioning for the guards to follow her.

I think scum is more fitting...

"You're a sharp one, aren't you." She said, making her way out with JJ's body into the other room. It was much similar to the last one with Nari this time watching boredly over Aya's shackled form. As she entered, Nari looked over at them, "K-Krii?"

"It's me, Miir." She responded, "She's not taking it so well."

Miir frowned lightly, Krii patting her shoulder, "It's just a job. Remember that."

"Right... I guess we should wake up Ms. Aya." She replied, but Krii was already on it, getting down a shaking Aya awake in JJ's body.

"Aya? Aya!" She did her best to mimic JJ's typical tone manner of speaking, scarily well actually. "Aya. It's JJ, wake up."

Aya slowly opened her eyes, looking up. "J-Jackie? What happened?"

Jackie sighed, "You were taken over by that Ashina Lady. We had to capture you and tie you up... Are you uh... Doing alright?"

"Yeah, I... I don't remember any of that," Aya muttered. "The last thing I remember... she shook her head. We came aboard the ship. It's all blurry after that."

"Are you sure you don't remember anything else?" JJ gave her a stressed look. "Me and Nari here have been trying figure out where she went..."

Aya shook her head. "No... something about tea... that's it." She closed her eyes, and scanned JJ's mind.

She recognized the mind of her closest friend, but it was buried, the one in charge being completely foreign.

Aya's fears had been realized. She would have to play her cards carefully. "Why did she take me over? You have no idea where she went?"

"Well..." 'JJ' was cut off.

"Krii... She knows." Miir spoke up, sighing.

The Yorin in question dropped the facade, "Ah. You're really paranoid, you know that?"

"I... I know what?" Aya asked, playing dumb.

"Miir can sense you reading my mind. Honestly, you were our biggest issue for that reason." She smiled, "Lucky for us. That issue is dealt with."

Aya's eye twitched. "You honestly think you'll get away with this?"

"Honey. I already have." Krii picked up a knife from a nearby table, clearly there were other reasons this room was used. "I could make her kill you right now."

"Krii!" Miir interrupted suddenly. "Um... Our job is to bring them to Sirius... Remember?"

"Oh calm down Girl. I'm just being threatening." Krii rolled her eyes. "Miir. I'm going to go up and pilot the Wind, you know what to do."

Aya struggled in vain. "You don't know who you're dealing with! Sirius will stab you in the back! And if you hurt JJ..."

"Don't worry. She'll be just fine." Krii chuckled walking off out of ths room.

Miir just sighed as she left, standing up. "I'm sorry. You know. Krii has a little too much fun with this stuff... This isn't personal. It's just a job."

"I can appreciate that, but I'm being honest," Aya said softly. "You don't know who you're dealing with."

"Maybe we don't. But Krii is in charge. I'm only her first mate because I'm a one in a million Yorin Psion." Miir explained.

"That makes you better then her." Aya gave a serious look. "Take control. You don't have to do this."

"But we do. We couldn't find a place in Yorin Society. She was kicked out of school for her behavior and If that happens you have nowhere to go." Miir explained. "I refused to let my sister live out in the cold all alone. I'll always be there for her."

Aya sighed. "This path she is taking will get her killed. And it's wrong. I feel like you know that."

"Well. Tough. I'd follow my sister to the end of the universe." She said, a sudden, horrible creaking of metal behind the catching Miir off guard, the Woman turning around quickly.

------------------------------

Ten Minutes Ago
The Golden Wind

As Lady and Yixx smiled and waved off the Jackie and Aya, she made her way over to the fridge to get something to eat, running into Princess Dracomo. "O-Oh... Hello... You're the new girl right?"

"I am," Zetana said, holding her head high. "I am Princess Zetana Alehendra Dracomo, fourth princess and seventh royal child of the Ignis race. And you are... the girl with the slug in her head?"

"I am... The said... 'Slug'." Yixx frowned. "Word uh... Gets around huh? Although... Having my parents visit probably did that..."

"Hey!" The Fish Girl Qvibizthah approached. "Um... Sorry. Friend Zetenna? We're friends right? Can I talk to you two?"

Zetana wasn't sure if their mutual captivity made them friends, but she had no reason to argue against it. "Sure, go ahead."

"So um... You're Ms. Yixx and Lady right? I was watching you." She replied.

"That's... Kinda creepy..." Yixx pulled her head back a little.

"I was wondering... You have two minds inside your head..." The Fishgirl added. "So... You're the same as the Fishgirl and that Long Hair Lady."

"Well I- Wait... You said that they... Have two minds in their heads...?" Yixx interrupted herself.

"Yeah. They're like you. It's kinda weird because you don't look like them." She chuckled. "That's funny."

Zetana raised an eyebrow. "How can you tell something like that?"

"With my mind sense. I can see people's minds." She told them.

"If... They were Yorin... Then... Why didn't they say anything? Qvibizthah did you read anything else? Anything at all?" Yixx asked with a concerned voice.

"Hmm... I heard... Something about tea. They were nervous about tea. They wondered if it would work." She replied.

"If what wound work... The Tea?" She rubbed her chin.

Zetana's eyes widened. "Um... Yorin who hide who they are? I... I don't want to jump to conclusions, but... what if they're, you know... bad Yorin?"

"Well... Maybe they are shy...?" Yixx looked worried, almost as if she didn't believe it herself.

"Qvibizthah can check on Jayh Jayh and Ayah if you want. To make sure they're okay." The Piscene Woman responded.

"Y-You can do that? You're that powerful?" Yixx seemed surprised.

"Yeah! Is... That not normal?"

Zetana shook her head. "No. But it is a welcome gift. Please do so."

She closed her eyes for a moment. After a few seconds, she seemed to struggle, then she opened her eyes. "I... I can't see them. I see the other Ladies, they are heading to the bottom of the ship. But I don't see Jayh Jayh and Ayah."

"You don't." Yixx looked worried. "Okay... That's Bad... Does that mean they're..."

Q shook her head. "It could mean they are sleeping."

"The tea..." Zetana muttered. "What if they drugged it?"

"Oh no... What should we do?" Yixx asked out loud, Lady taking over.

"We should go get them. Obviously. We can't just let them get away with this."

"But Lady." Yixx popped back in. "Should we tell the rest of the crew?"

"We don't know all the details yet," Zetana said, rubbing her chin. "Maybe we should... say that there is a reason they need to come back to the ship. If they can't come back for some reason, we know there is a problem."

Yixx looked back, when she did, she saw Guards from the other vessel coming into the ship. "That's... Weird too..."

"Look." Lady quickly switched again. "I think we should just sneak on board their ship."

Zetana smiled. "We can do that. Sneaking around is a specialty of mine " She looked to the fish woman. "You in?"

"Why we not telling anyone?" She asked curiously.

"Because if they know we know they could kill JJ and Aya. We need to work fast and quietly."

Zetana nodded, and smiled at her. "Your mind powers could mean the difference between saving them and losing them. Please join us."

"Of course! So... How do we sneak in... Any ideas?" Qvi looked around.

"We need to distract the guards," Zetana stated. "Do you have any other mind powers? Maybe make them see something that make them move away?"

She nodded, "Oh yeah! I can do that!"

The Fishgirl looked over at the guards, her eyes glowing brightly as from across the room near the door, the two of them turned like they had seen something.

"H-Hey! That's... That's not a part of the plan! Hey! You!" One said, rushing off with his fellow behind him.

"Okay! Let's go! Quickly!" Lady urged.

Zetana ran with them to board the ship. "That was awesome," she said softly. "Asuming the captain is okay, you should tell her about your powers. They are very useful."

Lady peeked around a corner, looking into the mess hall, it seemed that most of them were packing things up or had moved to the Wind, but there were several guards.

Lady quickly planned out a way they could likely sneak around the lot of them. "They would probably be out of the way... Especially so we wouldn't see..."

Do you have a game plan?" Zetana asked. "I'm all ears."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Yixx took control and pointed towards the stove, but more specifically, towards a number of mitts hanging over the stovetop. "Q. Make that glove over there fall on the stovetop and start a small fire. We can sneak around while they're distracted. Do you have anything you can do to help Princess?"

"Um..." Zetana rubbed her chin. "I can fight a little if it comes to that. I can... breath fire. Does that help at all?"

"That might help actually..." Yixx pointed to a stack of rags on a counter around a dozen feet from where they were standing. "Can you hit those from here at the same time?"

Zetana grinned, some flames escaping the sides of her mouth. After being exiled, captured, and humiliated, it felt good to be of use once more. She looked over to the rags and said, "Just say when."

"Qvibizthah now." Yixx commanded, the Fishgirl using her telekinesis to drop the over mitts onto the hot stove. "Zetena. Now."

A thin stream of fire flowed from the dragon girl's lips, quickly setting the rags aflame.

All the guards in the room quickly noticed the building fire, one yelling out, "Shit!"

They rushed over, leaving a wide enough window to sneak past them and through the main area, ending up in a system of hallways that connected everything on the ship. "Dammit... Which door..." Yixx looked around quickly, peeking around a corner and seeing a sign that marked the entrance to the utility space, but it was being watched by another two crewmates.

"No getting by them..." Yixx bit her lip.

Zetana peeked along with her. "We need something to get them to move. Either that, or we just take them out. But how to do that quietly..."

As Yixx saw her step out, Yixx confidently reached up and quickly grabbed her arm to pull her back as the guards looked around confused.

"You're going to get caught or something! It's best we just... Try to be as stealthy az possible here." The Yorin explained, "Lady? Any ideas?"

The Human Girl switched, tapping her chin as she saw what looked like a small grate on the wall a few feet back. "A utility grate! Those usually snake around the ship to give Bazir access... We could use those to take us to the Sub-Basement, but it'll be a tight fit. Zetenna... Can you melt the bolts on that grate?"

Zetana nodded, placing her mouth close to one of the bolts and generating enough heat to melt it off. She did it for the others until the grate fell off. Looking down the tunnel, she laughed nervously. "Really... tight fit. M-maybe one of us should... stay behind?"

"Then it should be me." Yixx nodded. Qvibizthah and you should go. Her Psionics are too useful."

"Oh? You're staying behind?" The Suited Girl asked.

"Yeah Ju-" The Yorin stopped herself, "Oh no... They're coming... They must've put the fire out. Its up to you two alright? I'll try to hide and catch up to you later."

Zetana looked at the crawl space with more fear then she had for the approaching guards. She gulped, and let out a frustrated sigh before darting into it. It seemed odd to the others that she had implied she might not be able to make it when she was clearly small enough to fit just fine.

Qvibizthah crawled in quickly behind her before Lady and Yixx took off, leaving the two of them alone to navigate the tunnels.

After a few moments of crawling, Qvibizthah asked, "Um... We go down... Right?"

"I-I don't know!" Zetana looked back. She was shaking slightly. "I guess? Lady was the one with the ideas. I..." She took a deep breath. "Sorry. Yes, let's... try and take a path leading down. Just be quick."

After a minute or two of crawling, they felt the tunnel get hotter, they hoped that was a good thing, but it was clear they were getting lost. That was until suddenly, from out of a side passage in front of the Dragon, poked two antennae and a pair of big compound eyes.

Zetana blinked. "Uh oh." She smiled awkwardly. "H-hello..."

"Oh no. They've found me!" The Bug Man squeaked in terror before taking a closer look.

"Don't worry! We're not bad people!" Qvibizthah reassured.

"Wait... You're a... And I've never seen one of you before... Who are you?" He asked.

"We're from another ship," Zetana explained. "We're here because our Captain came on board for business but my friend here sensed that she might be introuble. Who are you afraid will find you? Your crew?"

"I'm Jaéhmi." He sputtered out. "My... My friends were taken over by those Yorin aliens! I've been hiding in here so they can't find me... No one knows these tunnels better than me."

"The Yorin have taken over the entire ship?" Zetana asked. "Everyone? Oh no... that explains why they invited the Captain on board. They're going to do the same with our ship!"

"Uh oh... That sounds pretty bad..." Qvibizthah stated.

"So... You're here to help?" Jaéhmi asked cautiously. "Why're you heading into the furnace engine?"

"The furnace? Oh, because... because we're lost..." Zetana sighed. "Listen, I'm gonna level with you, I reeeeeally don't like it in these tight spaces, so if you could guide us to the underside of the ship where we think our captain is, I'd really appreciate it."

"They're in the Sub-Basement? Y-Yeah. I can take you there." He nodded.

Qvibizthah quickly scanned his mind, nodding to Zetenna. "No second mind."

She nodded back. "Alright, let's hurry before they are taken over."

"Yeah... Follow me..." He nodded, guiding them through through the tunnels, there were a few points where they had to drop down, but they began to hear muffled voices from above. "This is under the Sub-Basement..."

"How long have you been hiding in these tunnels," Zetana asked curiously.

"Um... About a Month now... I have been scurrying in and out to steal food whenever I can." He pointed out. "I just want things to go back to how they were... I miss Ashina and Nari..."

"We'll help you if we can." Zetana took a deep, shuttering breath. "Can we find a place to sneak out of here?"

Jaéhmi looked around, finding a vent that went up and connected to the wall of the Sub-Basement area. As they went up towards it, they heard what sounded like-

"I-I sense Ayah now!" Qvibizthah exclaimed, "She's in this room!"

"Is there anyone with her?" Zetana asked eagerly.

"Yeah... Two people. I mean... One person. There's another Yorin person but they are leaving." Qvibizthah explained.

Zetana nodded. "Does Aya have a Yorin in her yet?"

"No. I don't sense one." She explained as they reached the vent opening. Zetenna looked through it to see Aya locked into a chair, unable to move, Miir standing next to her, talking.

"What are you planning on doing with me?" Aya asked. "Make me another of your slaves?"

"Why would I do that..." Miir slowly turned from the vent. "All I know is Sirius wants JJ. You were just a problem because of your Psionics. That's why... I'll be taking your body... For the time being..."

"For the time being? Please. I know you'll never let us go. You should be ashamed. After all your people have done to avoid this image, you're nothing but parasites."

"It was my people that put us here. Do you think we want to be pirates?" She stepped forward aggressively. "No. Krii had no prospects when she was expelled. No future. No hopes. No dreams. That's what happens to everyone that falls behind in Yorin Society. They always scream that Yorin pirates sully the image of their race, they don't see that we're all just helpless, scared people thrust out by a society that doesn't care, into a Galaxy that hates us even more."

"They would rather kill us and call us vermin than fix any of the problems they cause?" Miir exclaimed. "My Sister is all I have. I gave up everything for her. And even though I may not agree with what we're doing, I'll never abandon her like our parents did..."

Aya gave her a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry. I know how that feels, I do. But you are still punishing the innocent people you took over for the crimes of your people. Something..." She noticed Zetana quietly crawl out of the vent out of the corner of her eye, but made it a point not to look over to her. "... something they had no control over. What your doing will change nothing. It'll only make things worse."

"Like I said... It's just business... Business that is about to conclude." She stepped up, cupping Aya's chin. "I'll take good care of you. I promise."

Aya gave her a dead-eyed stare. "How reassuring..."

"Gotcha!" Zetana jumped onto Miir's back and wrapped her tail around the Yorin's host's neck, squeezing tightly.

"Ah!" She let out a yell, swinging the Ignis Woman around before trying to back up and slam her against the wall. "Get off me!"

Zetana let out a loud 'oof!' as she hit the wall. "Q! Use your mind powers! See if you can knock her out! Or at least slow her down!"

"No!" She reached out to try and grab a knife off of the table as Qvibizthah began to barrage her mind with her powers, targeting specifically the Yorin. Miir suddenly reached up to hold her head, screaming in pain until suddenly her eyes rolled back and she crumpled to the floor.

"Whoa..." Zetana released her grip and stepped back, looking over to Qvibizthah. "Remind to stay on your good side."

"What are you two doing here?" Aya asked frantically. "How did you know we were in trouble?"

Zetana searched the downed woman for keys to the bindings. "Q here sensed that the people on board had Yorins, and that they were worried about tea. After some of their people started boarding our ship, Lady figured out something was going wrong and we came to rescue you."

"Yeah! And? We met this bug man who told us!" Qvibizthah pointed back to the grate where Jaéhmi was standing.

"Hello..." He shyly waved.

"Hi. Um... okay. We need to work quick." Zetana found the key and unlocked Aya, who rubbed her wrists and said, "The captain has already been taken over. We need to figure out a way to get her either alone or relatively alone."

"And meet back up with lady," Zetana added. "She is hiding somewhere, hopefully keeping an eye out for Jetstorm."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Aya nodded. "Qvibizthah, can you sense where they are."

"Uh huh!" She closed her eyes and focused, "Lady and Yixx are still in the kitchen area... I think... They are watching... I sense Jayh Jayh! But it's weak..."

"They might board the Golden Wind at any time." Aya moved to the downed woman and carried her to the chair, locking her up. "I have an idea on how we can move through the ship undetected, but you'll all have to follow my lead." She looked down at the Bazir. "Don't worry. We'll free your crew."

"Thank you..." He looked at Nari'ha sadly.

"Lead the way Ms. Ayah." Qvibizthah nodded.

Aya peeked her head out the door. Not seeing anyone, she led the others, heading topside. "Whatever you do, don't call me Aya. Refer to me as Miir."

"Ah! Of course of course!" Q nodded happily. "Very clever."

As they stepped through the halls, they heard a group walking towards them, talking. "God's damn... The boss sure I on a year about that fire huh?"

"Yeah." A Woman replied. "Hopefully we can just get this job done with... This kind of work doesn't sit right with me."

"What fire?" Aya asked, feigning concern. "What happened while I was downstairs> Where is my sister?"

"Oh... Miir..." The Woman turned. "We had a bit of an accident in the kitchen. Nothing serious, but it caused a little bit of damage. Your sister is pissed off that we'd let something like that happen when during an important mission."

"I don't blame her. But maybe I can calm her down. It wouldn't do us any good for her to lose her cool now. Where can I find her?"

"She didn't tell you?" The Man raised an eyebrow. "She went over to begin preparations to leave with the Wind."

Aya sighed. "She needs to do a better job keeping me in the loop. I'm supposed to be her first officer. Just make sure nothing else catches on fire. I'll go see her."

They both nodded, letting them continue past, after a few moments, a knock caught their attention. Qvibizthah looked over, whispering to Aya, "Its Layhdi"

"Lady?" Aya moved over to where they heard the sound. "Lady, is that you? Come on out, it's safe."

She poked her head out, looking at Aya, "So... Yixx' hunch was right then?"

Aya nodded. "I'm afraid so. The entire ship is controlled by Yorin, and they have the Captain. They're planning on delivering the Golden Wind to Ravenwood."

"Then what do we do? You have an idea?" Lady urgently asked. "JJ is basically being held hostage here."

Aya nodded. "Everyone here is both an enemy and a hostage. Is there any way to force a Yorin out of its host?"

"Other than... Killing us with Psionics or gas or... Something else..." Yixx quieted for a moment. "Well. If we disable JJ we can wait until the Yorin has to come out for nutrients... If we don't, we die... I've heard there are also drones that could be sent in to pull her out, but we don't have anything like that..."

"Subdue her it is. Despite all they've put us through, I... don't want to kill her." Aya sighed, remembering all that Miir had told her. "Come on. She's back on the ship. Let's see if we can get her alone."

As they entered back onto the ship, they noticed their crew looking a little suspiciously at the number of guards. As they readied themselves to step towards the cockpit, they heard a shipwide alert come over the intercom.

"Hello Crew of the Golden Wind! It's your Captain Jackie Jackie Jetstorm! Just wanted to let you all know were going to be heading out soon. The Crew of our new friend's ship will be on board to provide support, the ship itself will be right behind us while we escort them. I Know it's not the most exciting mission, but it's really important we get it done right anyway. JJ out."

"Goddesses, she plays the part well," Aya muttered. "She could almost fool me."

"We should hurry," Zetana insisted. "They could find the real Miir at any moment and then we'll be in trouble."

Aya smirked and crossed her arms. "Look is finally acting like one if the crew. Come on. That announcement came from the bridge."

As they approached the Cockpit, they passed several shipmates, but the helm was guarded by what looked to be the largest retinue of enemy personnel.

One Bald Human Man, his arms thick with muscle, raised an eyebrow. "Ah. Aya. Good to see you made it. JJ is right inside. You should talk to her about our... Destination."

Aya smirked lightly. "Yes. It should be an interesting journey."

They looked at eachother and nodded, stepping to the sides to let them all in.

"Captain," Aya said casually as she walked onto the bridge. "Are we all set?"

JJ stood at the console, flanked by guards, and even strangely Yyashtra.

"Oh. Aya!" She smiled, turning around. "Good to see you. Yep, were almost ready."

"Everything is okay, right?" Aya feigned a nervous glance at the insect woman.

"Yeah." Yyashtra nodded. "We're just heading out. What took you so long over there?"

"Aya was just lounging around. Probably stayed to finish her tea." JJ chuckled.

Aya had to hold back an angry look at that. "It was delightful, wasn't it. A real knockout. So, um... JJ? Can I talk to you about something in private?"

"Alright. Yyashtra, would you come with us, okay?" She looked over.

"You... want her to come with?" Aya asked cautiously.

"Why not?" JJ raised an eyebrow.

Aya shrugged. "No reason." She turned and waved a hand towards the door. "This way. It is important we have some... privacy."

"What has gotten into you Aya?" She chuckled, beginning to follow her out, "You're acting very uh... Suspiciously..."

"I just wanted to make sure everything is to plan and I've been kept up to speed with everything." Aya led her towards the holoroom. "We keep no secrets, right? And you'd inform me of everything?"

JJ stopped, "What is this about exactly?"

Yyashtra followed suit. "Yes Aya... What's going on?"

Aya slowly turned, taking a moment to look into Yyashtra's mind. She didn't find anything that resembled a Yorin within, she just seemed honestly puzzled.

"Fine... you want to do this here, okay." Aya sighed. "Yyashtra, the captain is under the control of a Yorin. Please restrain her."

They both blinked strangely, Yyashtra'kari looking both ways, "What?"

"It's true." Zatana stepped out of the corner she had been hiding behind with the others. "We had to rescue Aya before they put a Yorin in her. This is all a trick to devliver the Golden Wind to someone called Sirius."

"That's crazy! Aya, you can't possibly believe that, right? I'm your friend!" JJ seemed seriously offended.

"Don't... even try it," Aya said, delving into her mind just to be sure.

She found the two signatures but that was when Yyashtra stepped forward. "Stop. Aya, what are you doing?"

"I don't know! Look. If this is some kind of practical joke it's not funny." 'JJ' mentioned. "You know I'm all for laughs but this is too far."

Aya placed a hand on her hip. "You're surprisingly calm considering the only way I'd be here is if I got past your sister." She gave a malicious smirk. "Oh, how I enjoyed squishing her under my foot."

Yyashtra looked between them, the tension obviously getting to her as they stood face to face.

A bead of sweat rolled down JJ's forehead. "I... I have no idea what you're talking about Aya... Maybe you need to take a little break and I'll have Yyashtra here act as my temporary second in command..."

Aya scoffed and looked at the bug woman. "Listen, I have always been honest with you and I wouldn't mess around with something like this unless I'm sure. You have to trust me. If there is even a chance the Captain has been comprised, shouldn't we investigate?"

"Hey! Look. I think you need to chill in your room until you stop acting crazy!" 'JJ' was starting to get frustrated. "Yyashtra! Please detain her!"

The Royal seemed shocked by everything that was going on, looking between all pf them quickly. "I-I'm not... Aya... Maybe she's right..."

"What do you even know!" Zetana yelled, adding fuel to the fire of an already tense situation. "You think you know everything, bug royal! You're making a stupid mistake that'll get us all killed!"

"Sorry if I don't believe the newest member here, someone who snuck aboard of ship without approval. As well as this strange new alien who doesn't even understand how things really work." Yyashtra chided both of them.

"Then you can believe me." Lady stepped up. "They're right."

"You... You have to be kidding me!" JJ interjected.

Yyashtra'kari seemed very conflicted now, even as Jackie turned to her. "Yyashtra as your Captain and Leader I demand you detain all of these traitors!"

Aya gave Yyashtra a sad look. "What is more likely? We are all wrong or traitors... or this one person has been compromised. Please, I... I wouldn't lie to you. You're too good a friend for that."

Yyashtra'kari gave them all a stressed, extremely conflicted look, before sighing. "O-Okay... But we'll just make sure... JJ, please make it easier on all of-hughh!"

The Insect Woman's sentence was cut off by a thin, hidden knife bring quickly shoved into her throat. Yyashtra gripped her neck tightly as she quickly fell to the floor, blood squirting rapidly out of the wound, accompanied by a horrible gurgling sound as the blood filled her windpipe. Qvibizthah gasped a half instant later, rushing over to do her best to heal the wound shut.

"Men!" Krii yelled out, rushing away quickly as Lady fired a shot into her shoulder. She screamed out, the pain obviously hitting her too and she took cover behind a counter. "Everyone! The Jig is up! Take them dead or alive!"

Aya took cover herself. "It's over! Don't make this harder then it has to be!"

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
"Fuck you! You'll die if you even so much as touched my Sister you bitch!" She yelled out. The surrounding men and women on both sides looked at eachother strangely, like they didn't quite know what to do for a moment, that was until one of the Starstorm's men pulled out a sidearm, then one of the Yorin Controlled merchants upon seeing it, took fire as it descended into an all out firefight.

"I was bluffing!" Aya shouted, trying to take non-lethal shots. "She's fine, just unconcious! Half both our crews will end up dead if you don't call this off!" Aya cursed softly. She didn't know what to do. Yyashtra was laying on the floor dying and JJ was basically a hostage that was shooting at her. She looked to her side and saw that Zetana was missing. She cursed again, hoping that girl wasn't going to do something stupid. "Th-this is madness! You can't possibly complete your mission now, and if Ravenwood wanted JJ alive, what do you think he'll do to her if you get her killed?!"

"You'll kill me if I turn myself over! I'm not naive enough to assume you'll let me live!" She shouted over the gunfire

Aya began to hear heavy breathing to her left, she looked over to see Qvibizthah still healing Yyashtra, but she was obviously getting tired.

Aya closed her eyes. She had to do something. Maybe she could try and control the captain, or at least weaken the Yorin's grip on her. She reached out with her mind, seeking JJ out.

There was a lot going on, a lot of minds, but she knew JJ's by heart and found it quickly, she noticed that it was giving off s strong feeling a sadness and regret.

Don't you worry. I'll free you. Aya found the mind overtaking JJ's and started to bombard it will psionic energy, not enough to kill, but enough to disrupt.

Krii held her head in pain, "Aarrghh!!! Dammit!"

She quickly looked around for any way to stop it, but she wasn't able to get a clear line of sight on them. "Get them...! You... Idiots!"

Two of her crewmates took notice of the command and began to flank the group, however Lady unholstered a laser pistol and clipped a slim Tamearin Woman in the leg, sending her to the floor.

Aya shot the other in the arm, knocking him back. They stopped the flank but it broke her concentration. She couldn't free JJ and focus on the gunfight at the same time.

"That's enough!" Zetana yelled at Krii, standing behind her, pointing a rifle she had picked up at her host. "Tell them to stand down or you die!"

Everyone immediately stopped firing, the whole room training guns on Zetena, The Starstorm Crew training on them.

Krii looked up at her with anger. "And kill your precious JJ?"

Zetana laughed. "You have her mind, search her memories for me. I've only been here for a couple weeks and have no attachment to her. Besides, I'm sure she'd rather die then be your slave. Now... put down your weapon, order everyone back to the ship, or I put you both down."

Krii sneered at her, a voice shouting from the connection tube between the two ships.

"EVERYONE STOP." Miir ran into, holding up her hands. "Sister please! It's done! They're letting us go!"

"If I surrender they'll just kill us anyway, and if they don't, we'll never get another job again!"

"Krii! Are you kidding!? Do you really think you can win from here!?" Miir gestured around. "Just stop!"

Aya peaked out from cover. "Please, listen to your sister. I won't lie. If it were up to me, I'd turn you all in. You have a ship full of slaves. But I see no way to do that without costing at least half of both our crew. Please, just... just give us back our captain, and we can stop this."

"Sister... Please..." Miir begged.

"Damnit... Fine... But we're not done, the two of us." Krii grit her teeth.

Aya quickly holstered her weapon and rushed to Yyashtra's side. "I-is she...?"

"S-Shes... Okay. I think I managed to heal her..." Qvibizthah said nervously, but there was blood everywhere, all over the gloves if her suit and soaking the floor under them.

"Zetana, get her to the infirmary." Aya ordered.

The dragon girl was still aiming at Krii. "But what if..."

"Now!" Aya snapped, sending her a threatening glare. It actually seemed to make Zetana nervous, and she walked over to Yyashtra'kari, using her unusual strength to lift the insect woman and carry her out. Aya slowly stood up and walked over to her controlled Captain.

"If you go back on your deal..." She glared. "You're lucky you didn't hurt my Sister..."

"I don't go back on my deals, and you shouldn't be so threatening. I don't appreciate you getting our Captain hurt, you know?" Aya glared back. "I want her back."

Her sister walked up, gun in hand placing a finger by her ear to receive her.

Krii let out last sigh, before she crawled out, JJ getting control of herself again.

JJ slowly turned to them and looked at the slug-like alien, murderous intent in her eyes. Aya placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's over, my friend."

"We can't just let them go," JJ said through gritting teeth.

Aya shook her head. "Right now... we have no choice..."

"It's okay." Lady gently took hold of JJ's hands. "You can be better people... You know that right?"

She was quiet, "I know what you're asking. We have to free these bodies anyway. Now that our cover is blown."

JJ and Aya gave them a surprised look. "What will you do without them?" Aya asked.

"We'll have to go back to our Tabora again... But that's why we have them." Miir shook her head. "I don't know how we're going to eat this month... But we'll get by..."

Aya looked at JJ, and the Cartus sighed. "Maybe... maybe we can help you. But only if you promise to let everyone of your unwilling hosts go."

"What do you suggest...?" Miir lowered her head.

"Bring them on board here," JJ said. "We'll handle bringing them back to where they came from. You can leave on your ship with... with enough credits to get by for now. I... know what it is like to be hungry and desperate."

"W don't exactly have our Tabora with us at the moment... They are back at out main vessel. This one was just for tricking you." Miir mentioned. "If you come with us we can take you there."

JJ nodded. "Alright. But we'll be keeping track of your ship. Don't think you can try and flee from us."

"JJ seriously? We're going to follow them right to their base?" Lady raised an eyebrow.

JJ scratched her chin. "That... does sound like it could be a trap. What do you suggest, Lady?"

"I... Maybe we could call in a favor from LeeLee? Give us a little support?"

"That's an excellent suggestion!" JJ said, seemingly back to her old self, at least somewhat. "They'd surely not pull anything with the GFP by our side! You're so smart, Lady!"

"Uh. Thanks."

"Are you kidding? The GFP will kill or arrest all of us..." Miir objected.

"Well we'll just tell them you're our friends and we all need protection." Lady continued.

Miir looked off to the side again, not meeting their gaze. "Why are you doing this? After everything?"

"Because we want to show you there is another way to things," JJ said. "That you don't have to take jobs like this one. That... there are still some decent people in the galaxy."

"Even if you help us, there'll still be plenty of other unwanted Yorin out in Society, forced to do what we do..." She sighed. "Maybe a chance is all we need."

JJ nodded. "Maybe you can help them get that chance. Through legal means that don't require body snatching."

"But people have to want to hire Yorin." Ahe mentioned

Aya folded her arms. "Times are changing. We hired Lady. There are people out there willing to trust the Yorin. But you have to do things that increase their trust. Things like not kidnapping entire crews then trying to kidnap whole other crews."

"Look I get it... Just... Let us get the ship ready..." Miir lowered her head, before turning around and walking back towards the ship, the crew following behind.

Lady's grip on JJ's hand tightened. "Are... Are you Okay?"

JJ's confidence cracked a little, and she almost looked ready to break down, her eyes getting a bit moist. She cleared her throat, however, and said, "I'll... be okay. It certainly was a... unique experience. And it made me appreciate you even more."

"She and Q here are the reason we were saved," Aya said softly. "If it wasn't for them, we'd probably be on our way to Ravenwood by now."

"I'm so sorry..." Yixx switched in. "I hate that you had to see us Yorin like this... I'm sorry that your first experience was so awful..."

JJ smiled sadly at her, and pulled her into a hug. "Maybe... when I'm ready... you can show me what the experience is supposed to be like."

A few tears ran down Lady and Yixx' face as well, gripping onto her tightly.

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and Black0ut: Great Minds Think Alike

Heavy footsteps accompanied by a massive frame made their way to the steel door. A brief tap with a clawed hand granted access; Bark stumbled in, half his face missing, and what did remained burnt. He let out a little mental pressure, equivalent to a grunt. His eye scanned the room for anyone else, and he noted a small form in bed. He paid it no heed, as he had been letting others take his bed to sleep in. He took a couple lurching steps and sat next to the bed, intent on resting.

The living plant soon felt a sharp, metal blade press against his neck. There was no one in front of him... Not at first. However, once she had noticed the scorched plating of Bar's face, Yip retracked her tail blade and allowed herself to be visible again. "Is there any way I can help?"

The living plant soon felt a sharp, metal blade press against his neck. There was no one in front of him... Not at first. However, once she had noticed the scorched plating of Bar's face, Yip retracked her tail blade and allowed herself to be visible again. "Is there any way I can help?"

The plant gently grabbed her hand. "W...w...w... er..." The plant tried to say, his face plate clanking with each attempt to talk.

Yip reached for her watering can with her tail. She may not have been able to understand the creature, but his form and carapace gave her a smart guess. "Will this help at all?"

He gave no answer, but slowly reached out for the farm.

"You don't have to use your voice, you know." Yip remarked as she handed him the can. "You did transmit your discomfort on your way in... So it's obvious you have psionic capabilities."

As the young Cartus adjusted some of the joints in her mechanized tail, she looked up at the bed. Yip let out a small sigh of relief... The mental pressure had not been enough to stir Lilith.

Bar greedily dumped the water onto himself, each drop seemingly being absorbed into him. He stretched his hand back to the Cartus, placing the can in her hands. "Mo...re... ple....ase..."

"Fair enough." The assassin muttered before standing up and moving the nearby bathroom. She came back moments later with a medium sized bucket filled with water. "How did you end up like this anyway?"

A quick dump of water soaked the plant and a psionic gasp echoed in her mind. Took a bounty. The Cartus at the time didn't realize I wouldn't hurt her, and so fired at my head, hoping to kill me. It didn't work, as I don't need a head like you fauna do and so I safely and securely brought her back to the Bounty Office. He let out a sigh, as he relaxed into the wall. It's nice not to be dehydrated...

"What were you taking her in for?" Tip asked the plant, dread being hidden by her saddened voice.

Murder, along with several charges of larceny. A pause. Did you think it was because of slavery?

"It's usually the case." The young woman said back down across from the creature. "My name's Yip, by the way."

Is that a normal name for Cartus? Bar asked, tilting his head. Mine is Bark of Green, but most call me Bar.

"Well, where I'm from it wasn't very common for Cartus to even have names." Yip continued to readjust some loose plates in her tail. "A name is something reserved for a person... And to many Shinso families we are nothing but property."

Bar paused, before he reached a hand to the part of his face that wasn't burned and plucked a black flower away. He then placed it in Yip's hair. To me, all life is sacred. It shouldn't be damaged or hurt, if it can be helped. And despite you threatening to hurt me, you only did so because your child was in the room. You deserve a fair amount more than what life has given you.

"And usually having a strange creature that you don't recognize wander into your bedroom without knocking presents potential problems." Yip teased. "If you weren't already injured before you got here... I probably would have stabbed you."

It wouldn't have killed me. I probably would have just given you a hug in return, at least until you stopped trying to kill me. His one golden eye peered into hers. How old are you, Yip? If you don't mind answering, of course.

"I just turned twenty-two a few weeks ago." Yip replied. "Granted, when it comes to living as a slave, time, dates, and years becomes more guess work than anything... So I could very well be off with my age."

How old is your daughter?

"She is seven." Yip answered hesitantly, knowing the implications of the age gap.

So you gave birth at fifteen. That's a young age... which shows just how strong you are. Bark offered a telepathic smile; a warm feeling rushed over her and tried to infuse a sense of happiness in her.

"That wasn't even the worst of it." The former slave placed this head on her knees. "Between having my limbs replaced with machinery and having a madman attempt to recode my brain on a genetical level... I've been through my fair share of hell."

Bar looked at her and paused, the warm feeling turning slightly morose. Would... would you like to see some majestic things, see breathtaking sights? Maybe forget for a brief amount of time about your problems?

"No, thank you for the offer though." Yip looked up at ceiling, pausing as she remember the event that led her to JJ. "Who would've thought getting on the wrong ship would be the best decision of my life?"

So that's how you arrived? Why were you trying to get on a ship in the first place? A crystalline butterfly formed and began to fly around the room, Bar watching it for a couple moments.

"After I escaped from slavery, I took up a career as a military assassin." Yip remarked. "I specialized in dealing with revolutionaries that were looking to cause more casualties to 'stop the endless slaughter.' Unfortunately, while attempting to track a Pon Taer rebel who had stolen a supply of experiment weapons... I found myself following Aya Me to this ship. After getting JJ's help in capturing the rebel leader and a few rough patches, I'm here to stay."

ShadowHounder

ShadowHounder and Black0ut: Great Minds Think Alike Part 2

Bar nodded, another telepathic smile washing over Yip. You have a lovely history when you met the Wind. I'm glad that you met JJ and took a liking to everyone. A pause. So, what do we do now? Shall I leave you be, my fellow crewmate, and wander back to my own room? Or is there some way that I can assist you or give you any information?

"I am curious... What's to existent of your telepathic capabilities?" Yip asked.

I could connect our minds and I generally can feel others emotions, especially if it is a strong emotion. Bar answered.

"Do you connect minds often?" A wave of curiosity emitted off of Yip... With a strange aura of embarrassment complementing it. The aura almost seemed to come from a different person altogether, but it still radiated off of Yip.

Only if the other person allows me to. It lets me see others memories and they get to see mine. We talk fast enough that mere seconds can feel like hours. So... yes and no. Would you like me to connect our minds briefly?

"Sure, it seems like an interesting enough of a experiment." Yip answered.

Then I need you to relax your mind. Or relax in general. Bar raised a hand up, a clawed finger gently resting on her forehead.

Yip took a deep breath as the claw made contain with her skin. "I'm ready..."

She could feel something reach out to her, tugging on her mind a little before- it clicked. A warm feeling, akin to the telepathic smile, washed over her. Everything moved slower, felt slower, and clearer: Memories of all kinds from her earliest years to now were easily accessible. It started to overwhelm her before the warm feeling faded a little. Hello. So... how are you feeling?

Bar was not met with Yip's voice. Instead a wave of memories filled with agony and confusion rushed over him. From within one of them, there was a black room, one filled with surgical supplies and a metal operating table. Yip's voice, younger and scared, let out a blood churning scream as a chainsaw was brought to her arm. The voice of the scientist constantly echoed in her mind, saying. "You will be perfect."

The memory was quickly and immediately replaced with a cold, metallic sub. And beyond was a beautiful fish the size of the Wind. It danced within the waves to an unknowable song, each of its movements elegant and poised. It was colored all the colors of the rainbow, with some unidentifiable ones thrown in the mix. Yip... don't think, just relax.

Ummmm... H-h-hi...? Yip replied, however, it was not the same Yip he met. Her voice was filled to the brim with nervousness and embarassment, as well as being higher pitch in comparison. It was almost as if Bar was talking to who the Cartus was before she had been tortured by her owner.

Hello. Are you feeling okay? Bar asked, the memory fading for another majestic animal which was viewed from the same sub.

I'm... I'm al-alright... Yip answered. The pain and agony soon replaced itself with a fair woman... One who, even in her injured and unclean state, radiated beauty. Yip's Mother. The last conversation the two had. And her mother's last words. "Stay strong, Elizabeth. No matter what he does to you, he mustn't break you. Now go... Face your destiny, and may we see each once more."

The memory held for a long time before it transformed back into the nautical one they had seen previously. I see... your name is Elizabeth? That is a beautiful name for a beautiful woman. Is there anything I can do for you, Miss Elizabeth?

Could you... Not call me... That? In front of the others? Elizabeth asked anxiously. Mom didn't want anyone... Knowing...

I speak telepathically, so only you will hear it... but I won't bring that name up when in the presence of other individuals and I won't speak it unless you give me permission. Bar's hand moved up at a snail's pace, the clawed finger leaving Yip's forehead.

Thank you. Yip replied, this time with her normal voice. The image of the scientist, now a bloodied corpse, flashed into Bar's mind. I'm sure you have a lot of questions...

I have none. Your business is your own; I am merely here to ensure you're okay at this point. Bar replied, the image disappearing from his mind. If you wish to tell me more, that is up to you.

He... He broke me. Yip admitted. I had failed to remain strong... But he never completed the process. Even though I was brainwashed, a part of me survived. When we escaped, we made a decision: I would remain in this world as the former slave Yip... And she would stay hidden, to perverse the innocent girl named Elizabeth.

So, in essence, you split your personality?

Not exactly... By all intents and purposes, I'm not supposed to exist. I was created to replace her, but in the end we became one. She... She doesn't like talking to other people though. Too shy. Yip relayed a small memory of how she got her name. How the other kids started calling her "Yip" after her high pitched hiccup.

Then what are you? A separate person to her? A sister of some sort? Bar paused. Sorry. Started getting too pushy. My apologies.

I am a amalgamation of the forged personalty and Elizabeth's own with some of my own quirks developed over my time alive. Yip stated calmly. And there is no need to apologize. You are the first person to find out about my mental state... I find it would be easier to explain later down the road if I was able to practice with someone first... Since certain words and phrases have been known to force her into the commanding role.

I'll have to train very hard, but... I could see about learning a skill that would let me sit you both down and we could talk and enjoy time together. Would... would you like that?

Yes, I would very much like that.

Then it is decided. I'll break the link, little Yip, just so you can do what you need to. Time seemed to move back into its steady rhythm, evident by the head pat Bar had initiated earlier. The plant man stood slowly, easily dwarfing the small Cartus. He started for the door, ready to leave Yip to her business.

"Thank you..." Yip simply muttered.

You're welcome, Yup. Thank you for the water. Bar replied, exiting out of the room whilst giving her another warm telepathic smile.

ShadowHounder

ZombieSplitter and ShadowHounder: The End of The Beginning

"Hey commander." Harbinger hummed cheerfully as she approached Master. "Can I ask you a question?"

"You are always free to speak your mind." The metal titan respond, sitting in the Captain's chair as his gaze turns towards the woman.

"Well... I was wondering. We have made quite a few alliances over the past month and I was curious; what are your honest thoughts on them?"

Master paused, recalling all each leader he has spoken with since he advanced his campaign. "I respect Malcolm... Which is why I am willing to let him go once we are able to ensure he is properly cured. I cannot ask anything of him, not after indirectly causing his daughter to be murdered."

"Don't be so hard on yourself." Harbinger huffed. "That bitch played us all for fools... Best we can do is move forward and make sure karma catches her in the end."

"I guess you're right..." Master lowered his helm. "As for Ghost and Sirius... Ghost is strange, unprectable and unstaple. You could say they are lot like myself in that regard. Sirius, however, Sirius is a man I cannot trust. I could see the corruption in his eyes. A man who treats his soldiers and followers like mere toys to break and replace... Should never be allowed to hold that much power."

"Well... I was thinking..." Harbinger rematerialized herself on top of Master's shoulder plate. "Malcolm let me keep his communicator and it just so happens to transmit directly to the Golden Wind and Captain Jackie Jackie Jetstorm. I'm sure they would love to know what that little birdie is up to... And I'm in the mood for some espionage. Whatcha say?"

Another pause filled the air, but, if Master still could, he would be grinning widely at the idea. "I'll prepare a meeting with him."

On the Starkiller, Ravenwood stood in a gym, shirtless, beating a sandbag violently. "Sir?" a crewman walked over. "You have a call from a... private individual."

"Oh?" Sirius wiped the sweat off his face with a towel. "Put it through to my room." He hurried over to his own bedroom, activating the computer on the desk. "Ravenwood."

"This is Master speaking from the Commanding Star." A familiar booming voice replied. "I was hoping we could have a meeting in person... To discuss some plans for the future."

Sirius slowly sat in his chair. "Well now... this is sorta out of the blue. Something change that I should know of?"

"One of my associates went rogue..." Master stated. "The events of her treachery have opened my eyes, and I wish to make preparations for a new approach."

"I see. A man like you would obviously be interested in finding her. Revenge is the name of the game for you and you don't seem the type to leave loose ends regardless." Sirius nodded. "Very well. Give me the time and place. Hopefully we can have a more civil meeting then our last one."

"I will send you my coordinates." The iron tyrant stated. "We will meet inside the Commanding Star. When you board the ship, meet with Westwood so he can show you around."

"Your home turf, huh?" Sirius grinned. "Should I be nervous?"

"There is no need to worry." He assured the mercenary. "The GFP cannot track us... Nor would I waste an opportunity by trapping you."

"I suppose not. Very well. I will be on my way as soon as I am able."

----------

Westwood stood guard by the hanger bay, awaiting their new guest. He looked up at the ceiling and let out an exhausted sigh. "Are you sure this is gonna work?"

"I don't see why it wouldn't." Harbinger answered from the intercom. "He has no reason to believe we would betray him."

Westwood continued to gaze into the void of space as he muttered, "You better be right about this..."

The hanger door opened, the semipermiable forcefield keeping the atmosphere in as a shuttle docked. Out came Sirius. Interestingly, he had no guards with him this time. He had a smile on his face as he nodded to Westwood. "Good day."

"How have you been?" Westwood asked as he lit himself a cigar. "Hope our deal hasn't caused you too many troubles."

"Things have been good so far," Sirius stated. "Trust me, I've had a lot of problems with others..." He thought about Ghost and the threat she posed.

"We all have our fair share of problems." The old soldier remarked as he turned around. "I've been told to show you around while Master is setting up in the war room."

"Oh, the grand tour is it?" Sirius rubbed his hands together. "I'll be sure to ready the secret camera for all the good shots of your secrets."

"Just try not to touch anything." The soldier muttered casually. The door opened up into a hallway filled with glass walls. On the other side of the glass one could see a... Factory? "Harbinger's a bit protective of her stuff, so she'll be quick to notice you if you try to take anything."

Sirius nodded. "Hands off. Got it. What are you building here anyway. More droids?"

"More or less." Westwood replied as they continued down the hallway. "The factory is on autopilot for the most part. All we gotta do is keep the supply line going and it'll keep the army going."

"A one ship army. Kind of a scary thought, the potential damage you can do. Hell, the kind of damage you have already done. I guess it is a good thing we aren't enemies."

"That it is..." Westwood muttered. After a few more minutes of walking, the arrived at the bridge. "I'm pretty sure you know where we are. Though, ironically enough we rarely ever use this room."

Sirius crossed his arms. "I suppose when you have an A.I. who can control all aspects of the ship and fly it for you, you wouldn't need to."

"Guess you've got a point there..." Westwood quickly turned around. "He should be ready now. I would advice some caution, as recent actions have made him... Less stable than usual."

"Didn't seem very stable to begin with..." Sirius rubbed his chin. "He mentioned one of your own turning traitor. I can imagine people died."

Westwood took a long pause, tapping his cigar as they reached the war room. "He'll be waiting for you inside..."

Sirius grunted, then cleared his throat as he entered.

"Good to see you could make it, sir Ravenwood." Master stated from the far corner of the holotable.

Meanwhile, from within the bridge, Harbinger giggled cheerfully. "Oh Ash~ you there?"

Ash looked up from a roast he was preparing and opened his personal comms. "Harbinger? Is that you?"

"Yes it is." The admiral AI answered. "Could you do me a favor and put your Captain on the line?"

"You... want to speak with the captain? Um... sure."

Ash transported into JJ's room, making her jump. "Ash! Little warning next time..."

"Sorry. Harbinger wanted to talk to you," Ash stated.

"The.... A.I. with Master?" The Cartus scratched her head and walked over to her desk, turning on her computer. "I swear, if this is another person telling me how they are going to kill me and everyone I care about... alright, patch it through."

"Hey there Miss Jetstorm." Harbinger replied once the call had been transferred. "Does the name Sirius Ravenwood ring any bells?"

JJ narrowed her eyes. "Yes. But something tells me you already knew that."

"I dunno know... But something about this entices me." The AI teased. "What were to happen if the doublecrosser finds himself getting doublecrossed? I'm sure you could benefit from it~"

JJ raised an eyebrow. "I'm listening..."

"The commander and I made a special arrangement to speak with Mister Ravenwood. We planned to make preparations for the future... With preventing further treason in mind." Harbinger's voice went soft for a moment, before returning to it's cheery tone. "What he doesn't know is we also planned to relay some of his secrets to you through this very meeting."

JJ folded her hands. "I see. Well... while I wouldn't want to miss an opportunity such as this, I have to ask; aren't you two allies, and us your enemy? Why help us?"

"The commander knows he is unlikely to complete his goal..." Harbinger admitted solemnly. "I think he went through with this to set something else in motion. Something on a greater scale... Something that could fix the government that abandoned him. I wonder if he even realizes that, in his campaign to destroy the GFP, he's actually plants the seeds of it's survival."

"Maybe they'll learn from their mistakes and come back better then before. I know of their faults, and even if I don't agree with his methods or the wanton destruction, I can understand his motivations."

"That's how humans are. If you don't kill them, they just come back stronger than ever." The admiral remarked. "It really is sad to think that the race that cries out for peace is one that grows the most in conflict."

"Tell me about it..." JJ sighed. "And what do you want from us in exchange?"

"You know... Commander never mentioned anything about that..." Harbinger placed a finger on her chin. "I guess for now I should get you hooked up to the ship's internal audio... Hopefully we didn't miss too much of the conversation."

"Alright," JJ said, wary about working with Harbinger but not wanting to miss this opportunity. Not like chances like this came often.

ShadowHounder

ZombieSplitter and ShadowHounder: The End of The Beginning Part 2

Harbinger quickly moved throughout the bridge, making sure everything was ready to start. Her actions, from the smallest twitch of her fingers, were flawless... A badge of mastery over her craft. After a brief moment, the audio feed switched over, Master asking Sirius. "Do you know anything about the ship known as the Golden Wind?"

Sirius folded his arms. "Yes, actually. I know the captain very well. We... have a history..."

"A history you say?" Master let out a hearty chuckle. "It would appear you are not the only one. My father had records about the ship's crew getting involved with Federation business recently. That being said... What kind of history do you have with Captain Jetstorm? I am curious what would bring a man such as yourself to have any amount interest in a small time crew."

"I knew her when she was young." Sirius turnerd away. "She was very close to my daughter before..." He cleared his throat. "I taught her much of what she knows about starships and fighting. Plus she has some dealings with an individual we have both had dealings with. The name Ghost ring a bell?"

"I am familiar with them, yes." The iron goliath replied. "They have been rather helpful towards my crusade... Do you believe them to be untrustworthy?"

"Do you really not?" Sirius raised an eyebrow, turning back. "Ghost is obviously a person interested solely in their own agenda and their own goals. They are helping us now but who knows how long that will last? They also have an odd interest in Jetstorm..."

"It will last long enough." The tyrant insisted. "I don't intend on fighting for too much longer."

"Oh? Is that so? Why throw in the towel so soon. We might have had our disagreements about your tactics but I certainly don't mind someone sticking it to the GFP."

"You seem to misunderstand what I am implying. I do not intend to retire." Master allowed the eyes of his suit to glow with determination. "Once this meeting is concluded... I shall embark on my final crusade. I already have coordinates set for the GFP main headquarters, where my life will end, and all of their secrets will be exposed."

"I see..." Sirius nodded. "What about the matter of your traitor?"

"I cannot stay to see to her punishment... However, with both you and Ghost looking for her," Master paused for a long moment. "I believe that Wraith will pay for the murders of Elisa Smith and Alexander Jacobson."

Meanwhile, from the safety of her own bridge, Harbinger brought her legs to her chest. "Why didn't he tell me..."

JJ scratched her chin. "Master leaving something in the dark with you?"

"You heard what his plan was." Harbinger muttered. "One last seige... Where none of us are going to make it out alive..."

"Well, he said his own life would end." JJ found herself suprisingly sympathetic towards the A.I. "Maybe you'll make it..."

Harbinger remained silent, as Master began to wrap up the meeting. "This may be the last time we meet one another, but I believe my influence will continue to impact you for the days to come. Good bye, Sirius Ravenwood of the Starkiller."

Sirius nodded, bowing his head. "If you need anything from me, please let me know," he said as he turned to leave.

Once Master confirmed that Sirius left, he walked over to the bridge. "I apologies that I was not able to get any more information out of him. If I had extended the meeting for longer, he would like begin to suspect me."

"So, this is it?" Harbinger muttered. "Now we go to die?"

"Yes, this is where our path ends." The armored crusader looked down at the control panel in front of him. "You, however, will not be joining us?"

Before she had time to react, Harbinger's hologram flickered and she could feel her presence on the ship waver. From the intercom, Westwood stated, "Her power core was successfully uninstalled and ready to be evacuated sir."

"What are you going to do with her?" Jackie-Jackie asked.

"There is a remote planet not far from our current location." Master explained. "I will send her there alongside Elisa's body. It's close to Fee Space, but I have faith that you can find her... Unlike the rest of us, she still has the will to live."

"Everyone hates the truth at some point in their life. In time she will accept that I was trying to do what was good for her..."

"And you're trusting her with us?" JJ asked. "What exactly do you expect us to do with her anyway?"

"She once talked about how she always wanted to be a teacher..." Master sat down in the Captain's chair. "She dreamed that they would let her leave this ship after the war was over. When she learned about the laws against artificial intelligence, she was devastated, betrayed and alone. All I ask of you is that you help her find meaning in life." Their was a long pause. "When she told me about her conversation with Ash, she was gitty... Full of childlike wonder. You have a student, and I believe she will do well to guide him down the right path."

JJ rubbed her chin, then slowly nodded. "Alright. I... I will do what I can for her."

"Thank you..." Master muttered before ending the transmission.

Black0ut

Black0ut & Dahlexpert present:
A Great Day to Meet The Family

Kotavorg controlled space

Blisk and Titania sat on a transport ship with hundreds of other Kotavorg some being more machine than flesh others with no cybernetics at all, but most were just looking at Blisk and Titania Titania especially.

The foxgirl ignored them, and still wearing combat armor over her bloated form, much to the chagrin of the Wind's crew. She had brought her sword handle and a laser pistol, while her rifle was slung over one of her shoulders.

"Sooo... what are your parents like again, Blisk? I kinda spaced out the first time you told me..." She offered a sheepish smile, slightly embarrassed by zoning out.

The foxgirl ignored them, and still wore combat armor over her bloated form, much to the chagrin of the Wind's crew. She had brought her sword handle and a laser pistol, while her rifle was slung over one of her shoulders.

"Sooo... what are your parents like again, Blisk? I kinda spaced out the first time you told me..." She offered a sheepish smile, slightly embarrassed by zoning out.

Blisk looked out the window at the stars. “They are well proud and stubborn kind of people, the kind that will put there boot in your ass if you laze around to much.” Blisk saw his planet in the distance.

"I see. Good thing I'm not lazy then, otherwise your parents would hate me." Titania offered a short nervous chuckle, before rubbing her neck. "Although they might just hate me for stealing their son from them."

“Believe me you don’t have to worry about that, my folks wanted me to find someone they’ll take what they can get.” Blisk then looked down at her stomach.” I’m starting to think I actually did get you pregnant after all.”

"Well, we'll find out when we get to see those doctors of yours." Titania briefly brushed a hand across his face, a warm smile prominently on her lips. "Now... could I get a kiss, Handsome?"

Blisk rolled his eyes and kissed Titania.” Ugh hopefully you like my planet, after all not many get to see it.”

"Does that make me an exotic commodity that other Kotavorgs will fight over?" She raised an eyebrow before offering a silly grin. "Don't worry so much. You made it through the hardest part: Making me want to be with you. Anything else will be far easier."

“That’s not it, most races have no idea that this is our original home world this is where my race came from. That’s why most are looking at you right now you’re an alien to them coming to sacred grounds.

"Ah, I see. Well, they can keep staring if they wish. It won't change the fact I'm still here." A twinkle of mischief formed in her eyes, as did the predatory gaze of her trader side. "Think we should charge them for it?"

“Don’t even think about charging people anything, besides you won’t find any GFP money here.” As He said that the ship started breaking through the planet atmosphere, once planet side Titania looked out the window at the planet Coitera the planet had green skies and purple clouds, when she looked down she didn’t see much in the form of city’s. Instead most of what the saw were trees some And vegetation like the planet hadn’t been tamed at all, but in the distance she saw what looked to be a temple.

"Wow... this planet is beautiful..." She blurted out, clearing her throat in embarrassment. "I take it the temple is where everyone else is heading?"

"Yep it's the major city around here it's a lot bigger then when we get closer to it, see that force field around the city it's mostly to keep the animals away from the city."

"I take it only the big and scary animals attack the city directly?" She asked, twirling her sword handle idly.

"Yes which is most, but they usually get gunned down." As the ship laded and everyone got off the ship a loud roar could be heard form the jungle it's sound echoing through the temple.

Titania briefly looked in the direction of the roar and shrugged. "I bet it'll last for a minute before someone takes it out." She murmured, her eyes wandering over the inside of the sacred temple with interest.

"Don't count on it babe that is not the sound of the beast dying, that's it welcoming us home. the dread saurian knows were coming for it." Blisk smile went away as he regained his seances."Ugh anyway were do you wanna head first see my parents or the doctor?

"Probably the doctor first. If me being this big isn't normal, then hopefully they can fix it and I get to go hunting with you." The foxgirl wrapped her arms around his waist, a bit of a giggle escaping her lips. "Besides, this gives me a great excuse to spend more time with you, Cutie."

Blisk rolled his eyes."Must you keep complementing me like this with pet names, come on let's get going to the doctor." Blisk escorted Titania around the city were she could see some butcher shops and plenty of cybernetic stores, even some weird small animals walking around. After awhile they finally made it to the hospital."Hello there how may I" The lady looked at Titania. "Um why is there a Dondondari here?"

"She's my bond mate, that's why and we need to have her stomach looked at."

The nurse looked at Titania stomach. "Ah I see i'll go see if we can find a doctor for you."

"Thank you." Titania offered a warm smile, turning towards Blisk. She waited until the nurse had left before saying, "I take it Kotavorgs don't normally bed aliens, do they?"

“On this planet no, mind you the Kotavorg that live on this planet almost never leave it. So then seeing another race of any kind is a surprise to them.”

"More like disturbs..." The foxgirl murmured, a frown overtaking the smile.

The doctor came out and looked Titania over.” Ah a Dondonari my your a rare site down here.” He then looked at her stomach.” Ou um have you two recently had sex?”

"We did. Blisk thought I might be pregnant, and given my genetics, I'm unsure what to expect or if I am pregnant in the first place.

“Ah I see, well how long have you been like this?”

“Ah a few weeks that’s good to know, hum yeah we’re gonna have to scan your stomach just to make sure if you two will fallow me please.”

Titania followed behind the doctor, making sure to lace her fingers with Blisk's as she did so. "So... Doctor... have you had any cases like mine before."

“Ou yes plenty I’ve seen Kotavorg with Shinso, Cartus human and other species. I’m one of the few that leaves this world and come back.” He told Titania to lay down on a table.

She complied, laying down with a bit of help from Blisk. "Have you ever been to the Dondondari homeworld?"

“Can’t day that I have, had no reason to go there. I’ve been around that part of space just never visited that planet.”

The doctor pulled out a scanner and scanned her stomach.

"Well, what was it like? Just that space in general?" She asked, a little nervousness seeping into her voice as she stared at the scanner.

“I was only there to take out some pirates raiding there, but it’s not a bad place why?”

"Well... Dondondari aren't allowed to set foot on the High Trader's world, save for if you have significant political power or have connections. You can't even be in that system unless you have a trader's license and own a successful guild." Titania explained, fully expecting to confuse the doctor.

The doctor however was not listening and looked to be more focused on her stomach and was curious at what he was looking at.” Mam do me a favor and take a deep breath.”

Titania complied, taking a deep breath.

He then looked at the monitor and saw that her heart rate was a a steady level, but he found something off and enhanced the image.” Ou well then that does explain things. So do you want the good or the bad news?”

Blisk raised an eyebrow.” Bad news.” He said in a annoyed tone.

“Well if you were looking to compete in the great hunt, that’s not happening because she is now carrying cargo congratulations on your new born.”

Titania blinked. Then she let out a groan. "I guess that means I've just lost my job... Because Jackie is not going to let me keep working and neither would Aya…”

Titania paused, biting her lip as she thought about it. Having a kid was a terrible idea, given her enemies could use the kid against her. And given her genetics, the kid might struggle with life just from being part of three different races. Still... She liked the idea of having a child of her own. She was young, and that came with foolishness, but...

"How long would I be out for this surgery?"

“Ou the surgery will only take a few hours to do, now as for recovery I would say a few days in a recovery tank to heal your wounds will do just fine.”

"Then that's what we'll do. It might be one day, though, as I do have gene-mods to speed up recovery." Titania replied, looking over at Blisk to judge his reaction.

“Doc can you give us a minute.”

“Of course, just keep the yelling to a minimum.” The doctor left the room leaving Blisk and Titania alone.

“Have you lost your mind, you wanna keep this kid have you forgotten what we do who’s targeting us!?”

Titania sat up and grabbed Blisk gently by the shoulders. "No. I haven't. But have you looked around? This place is secure. Safe. You said it yourself, not many will come here and if they do, this is a place your race will fight to the death for. Besides, you want me to remind you the last time you started to pull this shit?" Titania growled, her cybernetic eye narrowing into a singular point. "You left me and hurt me. All because you care too much. So... shut up and respect that I'm capable of making these kinds of decisions. Or do you think I'm a weak and pathetic woman who can't do anything?"

Black0ut

A Great Day to Meet the Family, pt.2

"If I thought that I wouldn't have brought you here, huh but this is different. A kid come on I mean I do want to have one but to have it this soon it's just a lot to take in, do you really wanna have this kid?"

"I do want to have a kid. It'd be nice to settle down a little, but I guess this life is too dangerous for that..." She trailed off, looking away, then back at him. "If you honestly think it's too dangerous, I'll get the abortion. But I want to hear you say it and look me in the eyes."

Blisk looked at Titania and looked at the ground.” I have lost a lot of friends in this business I have killed a lot of would be bounty hunters I have fought and killed so many never once have I thought about a child. But now that the option is in front of me and it will be in a incubator, Ugh sure we can keep it.

"Then I'll bring the doctor in." She started before pausing, then frowning. Titania put a hand under his chin and gently lifted it so she could stare into his eyes. "Hey. I'm not trying to be pushy. I just want to see where you're at mentally... you're not just for sex and that's why I'm considering having the kid. So... if you don't want to be a father yet, that's fine. I want this to be your decision too, not just mine."

“If you’re looking for something mental from me I’ve been mentally gone for about fifteen years so you’re lost there. Second I don’t mind having a kid, why do you think I’m down here I came to this event to have a child. No if I can have one before this starts and have my lady next to me hunting giant monster that’s all the better.”

The foxgirl nodded before looking over to the door and calling, "Doctor, you can come back in. We're done talking."

He opened the door and looked at the two.” Right come to a descion have we.”

“Yea we’re keeping that child, so that means will take the incubator.”

“Great fallow me please.”

Titania stood up and stretched, before following behind the doctor. "Do you need a list of my gene-mods before the surgery?"

“That would be useful yes, huh a Kotavorg birthed by a Doddondari this should be an interesting development fallow me miss and congratulations once again.”

Titania quickly reached into a leather pocket on her armor, retrieving a datapad. "Thank you, Doctor." She offered a warm smile to the man before promptly handing him the datapad with her information on it.

“It’s no problem, now then what I’m going to do is get a pod ready for you with the information you’ve given me I should have a pod ready tomorrow. Which gives you ample time to prepare for the great hunt, which is next week.”

"Thank you again, Doctor. I'll be here bright and early." She offered another smile before grabbing Blisk's hand and making her way out of the building. "So... Parents next?"

“Yeah family, Ugh this is going to be entreating to say the less.”

"Because I'm a Dondondari on a holy world for your people or because you probably haven't talked with them for awhile?"

"Both and I doubt that you've seen an old Kotavorge, they are a hardy bunch, and the fact that there old and live on this world most of there lives they are extremely tough." Blisk rubbed his head. "Especially when it comes to woman."

"You've seen me walk into the Wind with most of my limbs bent and broken after hellish bounties. I am fairly tough myself." Titania squeezed Blisk's hand. "Breathe. I'm not going to be driven off so easily, even if your grandparents threaten me. I'll be fine."

"If you think so, come on let's go there on the other side of the city." Blisk ordered a shuttle to pick them up, on the ride Blisk looked at his metal arm and remembered the last time was with his grand parents and the wreck he was mentally.

Titania watched him struggle internally for a few moments, before leaning into him. She said no words, but wrapped her arms around him, trying to give him some sense of comfort.

Blisk wrapped his arms around her and sighed and under his breath thanked her, after an hour of driving they made there way to the home. It was more of a ship that someone took apart and made into a home. Outside was a large k9 animal with a dark green skin and reptile eyes.

Titania got out and immediately stared at the dog, her tail going rigid as some primal part of her rejected the creature. She let out a nervous chuckle before looking over at Blisk. "Dogs and I don't really get along too much..."

The creature look at Titania and growled at her.” I don’t think he likes you ether, Lockjaw enough.” The monster looked at Blisk and started howling and a old man came out

“Lockjaw what are yelling at?” The looked up and saw Blisk with and then looked at a now pregnant Titania.” Really boy, we helped you out and you bring us this?”

Titania raised an eyebrow, an unamused expression sitting on her face. "The 'this' you're referring to can hear you quite well, and would prefer to be called Titania." She said flatly.

“I don’t much care for what you wanna be called, Blisk you bring a Dondondari to our home. And here I was thinking you were dead for the last few years.” The old man said while an older woman came out.

”Wreave who are you talking to?” She then looked up at Blisk and Titania.” Ou honey it’s been so long.” She walked up to Blisk and hugged him, she then looked back at her husband.” Wreave say hello to your grandson and quit the bull shit.” The man rolled his eyes and patted Blisk shoulder.

Titania smiled, hiding the brief bout of sadness beneath her smile and took a step back. She knew it would take time before she would be welcomed, if at all and that was fine.

Blisk hugged both his grandparents back, and then released them.” It’s good to see you both again, um allow me to introduce someone to you, grandpa you met her all ready.” Blisk then pointed at Titania.” Meet Titania my bond mate.”

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. Blisk told me quite a bit about you both." Titania stuck her hand out, her smile remaining constant.

The woman walked up to Titania and smiled the air around her.” Hum a Dondondari huh of all the races I never thought you would be with this one, Aw well I’m Bacar it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

Titania shook Bacar's hand, her smile becoming softer. "The pleasure is all mine. Although, I'd say he picked someone who managed to pull him out of a hot spot a couple times."

“Ou you’re a fighter as well, i would hope so otherwise I would think he was going soft. But come in come in come to our lovely home.”

Titania followed behind Bacar, twirling her handle like she normally did. "Your home is positively massive. Did you buy or build?"

"We build it this was an old ship we used to pilot a long time ago, us and this ship have been through so much that we couldn't give it up so we turned it into this." As they made there way through the ship Blisk could smell something being grilled."

"You cocking a monster grandma?"

"Yes we killed a Golith a few days back there's plenty to go around. Titania how's your stomach I see that it's pretty big, could you be with my boy Child?"

"I am. He was rather adamant about it." She casted her gaze over with an amused look in her eyes. "I'll be going in for surgery tomorrow to put the baby in an incubator. Need to do some hunting while I'm here, not to mention my job doesn't really allow for pregnancies, lest I want to get shot or stabbed."

A smile came across both there faces. Wreave then nodded his head and went to handle dinner. Bacar hugged Titania." Ou congratulation i'm sure the baby would enjoy some golith meat, though i'm not sure how and alien would handle it?"

"What does Golith taste like? I've never had it, so an idea of what it tastes like would tell me what I could do.

“It taste pork but I gotta admit the meat is tough, the monster skin is like armor so we have to soften the mussels.” Blisk explained.” Now we Kotavorg can tear through the skin with no problem, but I’ll tell them to take the skin off of yours.”

"Yeah... my teeth aren't as sharp as yours. Wouldn't want to lose all my teeth on the first meal I get." Titania let out a happy sigh, leaning into Blisk.

Blisk patted her head, and rubbed her ears. Once in the kitchen Titania notice a few things, that there were no utensils nor a regular table it was a circular metal with a grill in the middle, she then saw a part of what she would be eating. Around the table we’re three giant loins of the best and one that was cut up into small pieces.

Titania, upon smelling the roasting food, drooled a little. "Ts'vein ta vuum… I mean, that looks really delicious..."

“Ou they taste even better young lady, we’ve been smoking the thing for days so the meat is right and tinder so let’s dig in.” Blisk without a waist in motion dug into the meat ripping chunks of it with his teeth, his grandparents doing the same.

Titania took a bite out of her specially prepared portion, letting out a happy sigh as the taste of the meat hit her taste buds. She quickly devoured the food with as much gusto as her hosts, leaving her trader etiquette at the door.

After everyone belly’s we’re full Wreave looked at Titania.” So miss I take it that you’re a bounty hunter, how has that one been doing?”

"Well, he keeps putting himself into scraps where he might die or volunteering for bounties that are too much for him to handle alone," Titania darted her eyes over towards Blisk, annoyance creasing her brows, "but on any missions where he has a fellow hunter from the Wind, our ship we serve on, he makes sure to keep them safe at all costs. He's a great bounty hunter, if a bit reckless... but he's honestly one of the best aboard."

Black0ut

A Great Day to Meet The Family, pt. 3

“Um just like his old man my son, his father was the sam growing up. He would also put himself into unwinable situation such as fighting many of the planes monsters alone, and be one the brink of death every time but he would always come back more wounded then the last battle with whatever beast he fought. That’s not a good way to live boy especially with those metal arms you got, they slow you down to much.”

Blisk didn’t say anything but took a drink of water.

"That's why he's got me," Titania reached into one of her pockets to pull out a flask. After taking a swig she continued, "I'm faster than he is, with only a little less strength and a lot less durability. I can cover his weaknesses with my strengths and in return, he covers mine. I'd say he's doing rather well, given what we've had to fight."

“Humm well it’s good to hear that he found someone that is as tough as he his watching over him, which brings me to my next question. Why are you two here?”

Blisk put his cup down and looked at his grandfather.” Were here for the great hunt.”

Wreave eyes widened.” Absolutely not you will not bring this woman to our jungles!”

"And what is the reasoning behind that answer?" Titania's voice strained to keep its warmth, becoming lukewarm at best. "Would it happen to be because I'm an alien and therefore shouldn't be here? Or is it because I have Blisk's child?"

“It none of the above hon.” Blisk spoke up.” This world is probably the most dangerous in the galaxy, the monsters here are cunning brutal how do I put this every monster on this world is just as if not tough the the wraith we fought. You remember how that fight went don’t you?”

"I recall... but I'm certain we could handle it better now. Our problem was that we weren't working as a team, we just fought like we normally do. If we go in with a couple plans and backup plans, we'll be okay." She offered a cocky grin. Her gaze softened slightly, only to the point Blisk would see it. "And last time I didn't have a good reason to fight. I do now."

"You had better because the monsters on this world would tear you apart, limb from limb just stay safe alien Blisk has been on this plant for a few years before and was in that jungle for months. I just hope that baby does make you tougher because that Jungle has taken many family's away." Wreave warned.

Titania stared into Wreave's eyes. What he saw wasn't the misplaced bravado of a rookie or even veteran fighter. He saw the careful confidence of a master of her craft; one that contained a spark of determination. "Your world has not seen someone like me... A Dondondari trader never breaks an agreement, even if the clause would be voided in death. Your grandson made a deal with me; He would keep struggling, keep fighting to stay alive, to live and in return, I cannot die and leave him to the coldness of life." A sheen seemed to go over her eyes, even the mechanical one seemed to be bursting with life. "And fortunately for him, I'm a damn good trader; I always see my deals through. So don't worry about me or him. No matter what this world throws at us, we'll take it and survive, if not win."

Wreave chuckled.” I see why you like her so much very passionate woman, but we will see you best take care of her boy would be a shame that your child grows up without knowing its mother.”

“Yes sir don’t worry about it I’ve come along way since those days, I will make sure to keep her alive.”

“That’s a good lad, now then there are plenty of rooms on this ship make yourself at home.”

Titania bowed her head, her smile returning in earnest. "Thank you for your hospitality, Wreave. And thank you, Bacar, for yours."

“Ou it’s no problem child, i wish you luck in the great hunt and hope you don’t get eaten.” Bacar said taking the plates and headed to the kitchen.”

Blisk then stood up and Escorted Titania through the ship, seems like the really warmed up to you.”

"You sure? I thought your grandpa hated me..."

“Ou he doesn’t hate you he’s just very slow to trusting people especially aliens. See a few years back, my grandma told me that Tamarins found this world and thought to colonize it. Little did they know of the beast on this planet and how dangerous it was, they and there ship was torn apart and eaten so they abandoned this abandoned this world. Our political leaders and half of the GFP had to convince stop us from going to war with them. So you could imagine after that incident and I bring an alien here on purpose he’s slow to trust.”

"I understand, but there are ways to treat a person and there are ways not to. Being polite is necessary when you're meeting new people." She frowned. "I'll be nice and not get pissy about it. Doesn't mean I won't complain about it in private..."

Blisk kissed the top of Titania head.” Ou it’s alright frankly I’m shocked he wasn’t harsher on you. I mean when I first came here with a mini gun augmentation, both he and my grandma laid into me. They hated the fact that I had such a heavy aug that would slow me down on this world, so they threw me to the jungle immediately. Needless to say I changed rather quickly and never got that model again.”

"That seems rather brutal, don't you think?"

“Ou it was, I got torn apart it’s we’re I got the scar on my ribs from, never been thrown around like that in my life and it was also the second time in my life were I was truly terrified.”

"I... well, it won't happen again while I'm around." The foxgirl said, locking down her confidence. "Need to make sure I bring you back fully intact."

“And I’ll be sure to do the same.” Blisk pushed a button and escort Titiana to one of the bed rooms, the room itself locked no different than the one on the golf wing.” Come let’s get some sleep you got a big day tomorrow.”

"I do, don't I? Well..." Titania started unbuckling the leather armor, the straps falling off until she was in a loose fitting shirt she had stolen off of Blisk and a pair of denim jeans - which were taken off as well. She crawled into bed. And looked over to Blisk. "Mind cuddling me until I fall asleep?"

Blisk put his hand on his head and took off the shirt and jeans he was wearing and laid next to her.” I hate that you made me this soft you know that.”

"I know... but you still love me enough to do it anyways." Titania smiled, entwining her fingers with his.

“Yeah I do, but this week will be the toughest of your life.” A loud roar that they heard earlier could be heard again but closer this time.

"Eh... I have a feeling that it won't be." Titania replied confidently, and she was thankful that Blisk couldn't see her eyes and the lethargy called depression behind them.

“Hum well get some sleep tomorrow will be tough.” Blisk said while closing his eyes and wrapping his tail around her. Several hours later in the middle of the night, Blisk let go of Titania and walked outside. There he stood looking at the two moons and Blisk heard the roar again, but he roared back at it.” Just you wait I’ll be coming for you Monster.” He said at the jungle before going back to Titania.

---

The foxgirl gingerly turned in bed, smiling as she saw Blisk asleep. She blinked in alarm, however, when she realized that it was no longer dark, but rather... it was morning. She had an appointment to make, one that would hopefully be done under anaesthesia. "Hey cutie... it's time to get up." She said softly, brushing a thumb against his cheek.

Blisk was dreaming that in a few days the great hunt will happen and dreaming about the monsters that will come for him, he then woke up to Titania poking.” Hum.”

"I wanted to give you a kiss before I leave... and tell you I love you." She said, promptly before kissing his lips. She slid out of bed, as she began to put on her clothes and armor. "Go back to sleep, love."

Blisk yawned and slowly started to get up.” Ou no I’m not leaving to go to this operation alone.” Blisk said getting out of bed.

"I'll be fine... besides, they'll probably make you sit in the waiting room while they operate anyways..." Titania finished dressing, briefly checking herself for her weapons before nodding in satisfaction. "So rest and spend time with your family."

“If you say so, but I got a few things I wanna do while I’m home anyway.” Blisk kisses Titania head and stood up.

"Okay... if I see you out and about in a day, I'll be sure to tackle you with as much love and affection as I can, calling you all sorts of adorable names." Titania stuck her tongue out at him before walking out the door of their room, already planning on what she'd do when she made it to the doctor's.

Once at the doctors office the nurse called for Titania to head to the back, as she did she saw one pod.” Ah mrs Titania how are you?”

"I'm good; the doctor said I was free to stop by, so I figured now might be a good time for the operation."

“Hum well he should be with you in a few minutes, just make yourself comfortable until he gets here. But do you have any questions about this procedure?”

"Will I be under anesthesia and how long will I be in the tank?"

“Yes you will be put under, and as for how long we will keep you sedated for about ten hours. Don’t worry this is a typical procedure for us.”

"Okay... then that's all my questions for now." She lout a nervous laugh, her confidence not entirely there.

“Hay now don’t worry this is going to go smoothly, the majority of Kotavorg woman do this praseger so you have nothing to worry about.”

Black0ut

A Great Day to Meet The Family. pt.4

Titania nodded, not at all assuaged of her fears. "So who will be conducting the procedure, you or the doctor?"

The doc, but like I said this is a common operation so you got nothing to worry about all I ask is that you take off your clothes and put this one.” The nurse offered her a paper like shirt to cover her body.

Titania let out a sigh as she unclipped her armor and then removed her clothes, not afraid of being in the nude at all. She slipped on the shirt, tying it in place. "Okay..." She murmured, still a bit uncomfortable.

“Thank you now just sit there relax while I get the pod ready.” The nurse went to the pod and started to fill it with green liquid. After a few minutes the doctor showed up.

“Mrs Titania thank you for coming, so are you ready for your operation?”

"Yeah... I'm ready."

“Great then just put this breather into your mouth and step into the pod, once inside will pump the drug through your system.

Titania followed the doctor's order, stepping into the empty pod with nervous trepidation. She hoped everything would go alright... but she knew medical procedures still could go wrong. She murmured a prayer in her language, closing her eyes as she awaited the needles that would pump the sedative through her system.

Small needles came from the back of the pod and injected the drug into her neck and after a few minutes she was put under." Alright then let's get this going." The doctor opened the pod and started to cut open Titania stomach he then asked his nurse to bring the smaller pod over, while she did so he grabbed a giant tube into the top of Titania womb and saw the cell that was the baby. He then used the tube to suck the cell out of Titania the liquid in the pod and the tube making sure that the no damage was done to the child as it was transferred to the incubator, that would act like a artificial womb. Once the hard part was over the doctor stitched up Titania womb and stomach."

The foxgirl's hand twitched while he worked, almost like some part of her was still awake.

He continued to stitch up on Titania as his nurse looked at the pod with the baby in it. "Hum life sighs look good scans show no permanent damage, at least the child is fine." The nurse then looked at Titania. "Think she's gonna be alright?"

Her hand twitched more, as did one of her feet. It seems her quick healing was also bringing her to consciousness quicker.

"She'll be fine and her healing is actually proving beneficial the healing water is just adding to the process."

The nurse then looked at heart monitor Essex that her heart rate was speeding up.” Um doctor you might wanna stop, I think she’s coming to.”

“She’s what?” He then noticed Titania hands and feet moving.” Ou damn, give her another sedative.” More needles came from the back of the machine and put more of the drugs into her system.

The twitching stopped, as her body returned to being limp. It seemed, at least for the moment, that she was fully unconscious once more.

“And her heart rate is dropping back to normal, guess she was coming to.” The nurse pointed out.

“Ugh great nurse make sure you bring more of those drugs, this might be a continuous thing.” He said going back to patch Titania.

Indeed, as soon as the nurse returned with more sedatives, her hand had returned to twitching, albeit faintly.

The doctor noticed the twitch this time, and gave her a small douse of the drug.” She must have paid for high quality augs, she won’t stay numb.”

She relaxed again, returning to her comatose state.

After many hours of stitching and sadating the doctor was done stitching Titania stomach.”

With all of the drugs in her system, she remained unconscious as she had been for an hour or so. There wasn't even a hint of twitching when the doctor was done.

The doctor and the nurse took a seat and looked at the incubator and the baby now in it.” That kid is gonna be a tough little Kotavorg, if his mother is one to go by. Now I can’t wait to see his father in action, what’s his dad name again.”

The nurse looked over the records and found his name.” Oliver Blisk, he was actually born in one of these incubator on this planet. He’s going to be apart of the great hunt.”

“Really I cannot wait to see him there should make for some great fun.”

The foxgirl's eyes opened, but she made no attempt to move, her mind still unconscious, but her body reacting to the stimuli of the room.

“Ou you’re awake, we’ll good news, the transfer was a success.”

The woman did not answer, the twitching that would normally accompany her beginning to wake up not present. She seemed to be unconscious, despite her eyes being opened. It was possible that they might need the tank after all.

“Hum close the tank, let her rest up for now I’m sure that here healing will kick in and wake her up Nurse do you mind ugh?”

The nurse closed the pod submerging her under the water.” Sleep well lady.

A couple hours later, Titania awoke groggily. She vaguely noted she was within some sort of fluid, but... She was having the worst migraine of her life, a side effect when one of her mods purged what it considered to be poison from her body. She paused as she realized she was moving slowly and was upright. Then it clicked; where she was, what she'd done.

She wondered if they would let her out of the tank anytime soon or if she needed to make enough noise that they would be forced to let her out. She decided to be patient and wait for them, albeit while being extremely bored.

After a few hours the nurse walked in and looked extremely tired she noticed that Titania was awake.” Ou your up, welcome back, how was your nap.”

The foxgirl tapped on the glass, raising an eyebrow as she waited for the nurse to remove her from the pod.

“Well you’re moving your fingers so that’s a good signs of any brain damage, which is shocking because of the amount of drugs we gave you.” The nurse pushed a button and lowered the pod and opened it.

Titania took a breath and immediately started coughing out the liquid that had invaded her lungs, crumpling to the ground onto her hands and knees. She kept hacking until there was a small pool of it in front of her. "That... was not pleasant..." She murmured, her eyes watering a bit. She looked up at the nurse and quickly wiped her mouth. "Hi..."

“Hello, well you be happy to hear that the operation was a success, your child is in the incubator safe and sound. Unfortunately we had to keep drugging you because your systems gave us some trouble so you migh wanna take things slow.”

Titania nodded as she slowly got to her feet, only to fall to the ground. "Got it." She reached over to the pod using it to prop herself up.

The nurse rolled her eyes and helped her up, and grabbed her a wheelchair.” Look lady I do appreciate the toughness, but you in a way just had a child you shouldn’t be moving much.”

"True, but I've also been way more incapacitated than this before. In my line of work, you can't move, you die. So... three years of thinking like that makes me move even when I shouldn't." Titania replied, taking a seat in the wheelchair.

“That would have been nice to know, because every time you twitched we gave you another douse.”

"That... was probably one of my mods. I resist most poisons designed to knock me out, but it also affects some medicines. And before you say that would have been nice to know, I did give you guys the list of my mods."

The nurse sighed and tapped her note pad.” Guess we should have paid more attention to that, now as for your baby.”She motioned to the incubator.” As for now it’s just a bunch of cells in a egg, so you won’t be able to see anything. But in about three months because it’s getting constant nutrients from here and if it is indeed a Kotavorg will send pictures of it’s progress by then it should have a body, and by six months he should be ready to come out.”

"It's a boy then?" Titania asked rhetorically, a small smile gracing her face. "Thank you... and be sure to tell the doctor thank you as well. I can now go off to the Great Hunt and see about getting the biggest monster I can." Let's see if I can find an armor smith for a bit of light power armor.

“The great hunt.” The nurse eyes widened.” If I can make a suggestion, don’t go in that jungle. It’s hell on us on a daily bases, I can’t imagine an alien going in there.”

"Everyone is warning me that I shouldn't go into the jungle; would you mind telling me why? If it's the monsters in there, I'll be fine..."

Madam have you actually seen these monsters?”

"No, but I've killed plenty of people with mods and augs, most in ten to fifteen groups... so I should be fine."

“That’s cute, that’s down right adorable.” The nurse walked to Titania and held her shoulder.” As a doctor I recommend that you leave this planet, be honored that your on of the few aliens to see it and run. These monster are meant to destroy army’s if they get big enough, I have seen fifty of our numbers go into the jungle and only five retired. Please rethink this hunt.”

"Yeah… no. If Blisk is going in, so am I. There's no chance of me leaving without him while he does the Hunt."

“I respect your loyalty but do you don’t know what you’re getting into, that Jungle could turn the bravest soul into a coward break your sprit. If you go in there the person you were will die in there and you will never be that person again, just ask your Blisk if he’s from this planet he knows.”