Terra Dolor: OOC Discussion & Think Tank

Taxor_the_First

How is wverybody doing? Excited for any upcoming games? Pokemon? Smash Ultimate? Kingdom Hearts III? The Final Fantasy VII remake sometime in the next thirty years?
Normally would for Pokemon, but it doesn't look like a standard game so I might end up giving it a pass. Will see when it comes out. Ultimate though, that's going to be the reason I get a switch lmao. That reason was going to be Metroid Prime 4, but... Well, ultimate looks real fucking good.

Aside from that, everything I'm keen for is coming out next year I think. Especially Doom Eternal. Holy fuck am I keen for that. Also potentially the subnautica expansion if that ever actually becomes a thing, I do enjoy that game.

Dahlexpert

Gasp, can it be a colabe! Gasp my eyes don't deceive me, so me and Zombie did a Colabe with Alice hope you all enjoy.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
After you read the collab, check out the latest Death Battle cause... holy crap! Anyone else see it? Carnage vs. Lucy? Marvel vs. Elfen Lied?

On that note, who here hasn't seen Elfen Lied, because I gotta tell you, it isn't a required watch to be my friend, but... let's just say it's on my list of must watches. Like... Episode Five to a Star Wars fan. That important.

By the time I wake up tomorrow, someone better have mentioned how much they love this anime. I don't care if you have to stay up all night to watch it, someone BETTER by able to rant and rave with me... or else...

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

After you read the collab, check out the latest Death Battle cause... holy crap! Anyone else see it? Carnage vs. Lucy? Marvel vs. Elfen Lied?

On that note, who here hasn't seen Elfen Lied, because I gotta tell you, it isn't a required watch to be my friend, but... let's just say it's on my list of must watches. Like... Episode Five to a Star Wars fan. That important.

By the time I wake up tomorrow, someone better have mentioned how much they love this anime. I don't care if you have to stay up all night to watch it, someone BETTER by able to rant and rave with me... or else...

I remember watching the show and it was brutal but... I remember stopping for some reason... I think they stopped airing episodes...

It stopped on a episode where Nyu and friends were at a House on the Beach.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I remember watching the show and it was brutal but... I remember stopping for some reason... I think they stopped airing episodes...

It stopped on a episode where Nyu and friends were at a House on the Beach.
Well, they at least finished one season. I know there was supposed to be a second one to finish up what was in the manga, but sadly it was cancelled.

Oh! Check this out! There is a link from Silent Hill 2, Elfen Lied, and Doki Doki Literature Club in the form of possibly inspired characters.
sh2_art_char_04.jpg

Mayu-mayu-from-elfen-lied-35819155-480-360.jpg

2965d99ddb7fdf4ac9a576b0e91afc5cc7f2b411_00.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

latest

latest

Yuri.%28Doki.Doki.Literature.Club%21%29.full.2275560.png

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
We are going to start between two and three as long as everyone is available. If not, we also have all day tomorrow (or at least I have all day tomorrow), as well as Sat. and Sun. after 4.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Why is Samus evil?
Well, you see, after the end of Metroid Prime, the titular Metroid Prime is destroyed. Part of it, however, ends up in a pool of phazon and it mixes with part of Samus' DNA to become Dark Samus, who is a bad guy (girl?) in Metroid Prime 2 and 3.

Now, if you want to know why Samus' DNA allowed it to make a dark version of her suit, I... have no idea and never thought about it until now. I guess it just uses its knowledge of her to manipulate its body structure to... to look like her because it... would want to look like her, even though it doesn't with the blue and black, and... uh...

...um... help? Any Metroid nerds in the house?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Oh, I remember now! It takes her phazon suit! Samus had a special phazon suit which she discards at the end of the game, and the phazon possessed by the Metroid Prime uses it as a shell of sorts. And it probably got her DNA from some hairs in the helmet or something.

Taxor_the_First

Well, you see, after the end of Metroid Prime, the titular Metroid Prime is destroyed. Part of it, however, ends up in a pool of phazon and it mixes with part of Samus' DNA to become Dark Samus, who is a bad guy (girl?) in Metroid Prime 2 and 3.

Now, if you want to know why Samus' DNA allowed it to make a dark version of her suit, I... have no idea and never thought about it until now. I guess it just uses its knowledge of her to manipulate its body structure to... to look like her because it... would want to look like her, even though it doesn't with the blue and black, and... uh...

...um... help? Any Metroid nerds in the house?
I felt a summons.

Your next comment is correct, while the Prime is "dying" it tries to pull Samus into it, whether to consume her or simply to attempt to bring her down with it is unclear. She resists (of course, because why the fuck would you allow yourself to be dragged into a tentacle ball unless you expected and desired kinky shit) and as a result it tears the phazon suit off of her and subsumes it. Post credits, the hand of the suit emerges from its corpse, albeit with an eye on the back.

It regrows itself using the phazon suit as a mould, becoming Dark Samus, and in its quest to power itself up by devouring more phazon it crosses paths with Samus herself multiple times, hence the next two games. The whole link I think isn't actually directly referenced except at the end of Echoes, where D. Samus shows up with the same aesthetic as the Prime - translucent skin, three glowing eyes, internal organs visible etc.

Fun fact: Echoes uses a light/dark system for many of the enemies where the light beam will do more damage to dark enemies, and dark beam more damage to light. Dark Samus, because it is the Prime, is actually classified a light creature. Useful thing to know if... anyone is planning on playing the game.

Fuck it, where's my Wii...