Starstream Think Tank

ShadowHounder

That moment when you extend the power of patience for the sake of keeping posts in chronological order only to realize you've overloaded your backlogs and need to start posting to make sure you don't forget anything

Well... Shit... Hopefully The Great Hunt can get up soon... In the meantime I'm gonna prep for a posting spree in a few.

Dahlexpert

That moment when you extend the power of patience for the sake of keeping posts in chronological order only to realize you've overloaded your backlogs and need to start posting to make sure you don't forget anything

Well... Shit... Hopefully The Great Hunt can get up soon... In the meantime I'm gonna prep for a posting spree in a few.

Don’t count on it, with blackout in the hospital and there being one more monster to fight, I say give it two weeks.

ShadowHounder

Because I feel like it, I'm gonna open up a Q&A up real quick.

Since Master's grand quest and story arc has come to a close. I am giving you, the fantastic people you read and assisted in getting the old soldier to his life goal. With that in mind, I would like to give all of you an opportunity to ask questions revolving around Master, the other characters involved, concepts and ideas that led to this story, or just anything involving the Crusade and the Commanding Star.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Because I feel like it, I'm gonna open up a Q&A up real quick.

Since Master's grand quest and story arc has come to a close. I am giving you, the fantastic people you read and assisted in getting the old soldier to his life goal. With that in mind, I would like to give all of you an opportunity to ask questions revolving around Master, the other characters involved, concepts and ideas that led to this story, or just anything involving the Crusade and the Commanding Star.
Concepts and ideas sounds interesting. Inspirations perhaps?

ShadowHounder

Concepts and ideas sounds interesting. Inspirations perhaps?
Funny enough, Master took some inspirations from the Tin man from Wizard of Oz... Since he was a man trying to find his missing heart (While trapped in a "tin" prison). Minks and Fishmen from One Piece acted as the main inspiration for Sunflower (with some slight Yandere undertones to accentuate were innocent, yet murderous nature). I can't really say I had a direct inspiration for Drake or Westwood... Just sort've existed while I was thinking of what kind of people Master would affiliate with. Drake using reptilian DNA to enhance himself is both a nod to Lizardman from Spider-man and had inspiration from the human chimaraes in Fullmetal Alchemist.

Harbinger is a funny little story. When I came back into the RP, my first immediate plan was to kill Viper (the android). After I used her death to set up the Crusade... I found I wanted to try and continue the AI story arc with a cleaner transition than what I have Viper initially. It was also at this point that I found myself doing a lot of interactions between Tobias and Ash, and thought it would be fun to have a "bad egg" counterpart to our lovable holoboy. Using Ash for the concept and 02 from Darling in the Franxxx for a personality base... I eventually created Harbinger, AI commander of the former GFP warship The Commanding Star.

ShadowHounder

20200224_131154.jpg

DarkGemini24601

Forgot to mention I saw Birds of Prey the other day. Thought it was a really enjoyable movie. Liked it even more then Sonic the Hedgehog, though Sonic is a bit more accessible considering it was PG versus a hard R. Still, the Harley Quinn centered movie was definatly the better movie, and if you have any interest or love for the character (which I do), you'll enjoy the movie. It's too bad that it isn't getting nearly the amount of love as it should be.
Late to the party, but I saw it last Friday. Amazing characterization, kickass choreography. Would recommend. It gets a tad touchy on political issues at time, but it's not so persistent that it can't be ignored.