Starstream Think Tank

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Might as well share Peacock while I'm here. Peacock was originally a Vampire, he debuted in Small's Rp. :3

IMG_20190903_162347_01.jpg

IMG_20190903_162413_01.jpg

IMG_20190903_162447_01.jpg

Dahlexpert

It is I think you have to beat the story from world to play it. But I beat the story a long time ago and am currently getting my ass kicked by the old monsters. And it feels good putting down at least for now my old deablos charge blade.

ShadowHounder

It is I think you have to beat the story from world to play it. But I beat the story a long time ago and am currently getting my ass kicked by the old monsters. And it feels good putting down at least for now my old deablos charge blade.
Usually with expansion you just need to be the appropriate level (which the previous expansion/main game story usually gets you to). But Expansions effect all players when they drop due to the fundamental changes they tend to bring gameplay wise. Iceborne gear will likely replace all of your current gear... So be ready for that. If it's anything like WoW's expansion system... Iceborne will be a great addition to the game. :D

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Usually with expansion you just need to be the appropriate level (which the previous expansion/main game story usually gets you to). But Expansions effect all players when they drop due to the fundamental changes they tend to bring gameplay wise. Iceborne gear will likely replace all of your current gear... So be ready for that. If it's anything like WoW's expansion system... Iceborne will be a great addition to the game. :D

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. At least I hope not. Most gear in Monster Hunter doesn't have a best in slot nessicarily, instead of stats you get abilities, so there usually isn't anything that's strictly better than what you're wearing. Usually.

ShadowHounder

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. At least I hope not. Most gear in Monster Hunter doesn't have a best in slot nessicarily, instead of stats you get abilities, so there usually isn't anything that's strictly better than what you're wearing. Usually.
I was talking more in structure than in endgame. WoW defined how a Expansion system works, so you can usually find parallels between it and other MMORPGs with the format

ShadowHounder

I think one big difference with MHW that will effect how gear will work in any expansion is that it utilizes the gameplay that Monter Hunter is known for (A combat system I like to call MonsterSouls since Monster Hunter and Dark Souls popularized it). The MonsterSouls format is nothing like traditional MMORPG systems, having stats that are a concern due to their negative effects (such as weight)... on top of the action combat system making the game require more skill than a WoW style RPG (or any other RPG really) asks for. So I definitely want to see how the new gear in Iceborn will effect the game's meta... and how players will adapt to the new encounters and new options.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

I think one big difference with MHW that will effect how gear will work in any expansion is that it utilizes the gameplay that Monter Hunter is known for (A combat system I like to call MonsterSouls since Monster Hunter and Dark Souls popularized it). The MonsterSouls format is nothing like traditional MMORPG systems, having stats that are a concern due to their negative effects (such as weight)... on top of the action combat system making the game require more skill than a WoW style RPG (or any other RPG really) asks for. So I definitely want to see how the new gear in Iceborn will effect the game's meta... and how players will adapt to the new encounters and new options.

Well I can tell you Cold Resistance is going to be a lot more useful that it was before.