ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Peek

Terrain - Mostly Water w/ Some Green land
Population - Pickio
Pop Size - Small

Notes:
Peek has one of the few settlements of Pickio in the known Galaxy. The planet is 95% covered by water, with vast, horrifyingly large creatures dwelling in it's oceans, and giant mega trees rising up out of the ocean. There are Pickio settlements on every one of the few patches of land located in the Northern Hemispher, along with a few who have built small villages on the mega trees. The Pickio on this planet are not nearly as hostile as the ones one might usually find travelling through space, but they are still rather unkind to strangers unless there is some profit to be made.

Timberknack

Terrain - Heavily forested/Levistones
Population - Celentius & Human
Pop Size - Medium

Notes:
Timberknack is one of the few planets in the known galaxy fo have naturally occurring Levistones, grand, magnetically charged rocks that float be means we are still trying to fully understand to this day. This is where the vast majority of the Celentius population lives, in a few medium to large cities build among the clouds.

Some Celentius also live among humans on the ground in settlements made among the forests. These Celentius are mostly outcasts or the occasional deserter of their normally heavily religious people who choose to live among humans.

Cubebebe

Terrain - Forests and Jungles
Population - Cubators
Pop Size - Large

Notes:
The planet is populated by, and as far as we know only by, Cubators. The uncertainty of this comes from the fact that few who actually land on the planet ever seem to return. It was colonized by several intelligent Cubators wishing to be left alone to let their people thrive, so it is little wonder why they are likely unkind to strangers. That being said, they do have contact with the outside galaxy and the occasional ship can be seen going to and leaving the planet. These are almost always Shinso ships.

Melana & Tebbiton

Terrain - Earth Like
Population - Shinso and Cartus
Pop Size - Large

Notes:
These planets, their orbits one after the other around their sun, are populated by Shinso (and their Cartus slaves) who left their system and their never ending fights with the Quin. Ironically, these planets are primarily supply worlds meant for delivering goods and repairing ships in the systems, and their biggest competitors are two planets of Quin the next sector over. The planets have a truce at the moment, however. After all, the whole reason they came out here was to avoid fighting, and there are plenty of people who would rather deal with the Shinso than the Quin.

Devoni & Strought

Terrain - Large Plains with forests (Devoni)/ Frozen Tundras (Strought)
Population - Quin/Human
Pop Size - Large (Devoni)/Medium (Strought)

Notes:
These planets, sharing the same system but several orbits away from each other, are populated by Quin who left their system and their never ending fights with the Shinso. Ironically, these planets are primarily supply worlds meant for delivering goods and repairing ships in the systems, and their biggest competitors are two planets of Shinso the next sector over. The planets have a truce at the moment, however. After all, the whole reason they came out here was to avoid fighting, and there are plenty of people who would rather deal with the Quin than the Shinso. Devoni is quite suitable for Quin life, as well as humans who have a small settlement there. Strought, on the other hand, requires biodomes for the Quin to live comfortably on, or else it is too cold for their suiting.

Piplio

Terrain - Earth Like/Desert
Population - Human/Tamearin/Quin/Celentius
Pop Size - Medium

Notes:
This Earth-like planet has a melting pot of different alien species seeking independance among the frontier. While half the planet is covered by a desert, the remaining half is heavily populated by humans, Tamearins, Quin, and Celentius, as well as a small number Kortovog and even a small settlement of freed Cartus. Naturally, the planet with so many different cultures has its problems with aliens butting heads, and it has a bit more crime then they care to admit.

Ventis

Terrain - Technoformed
Population - Fee
Pop Size - Large

Notes:
Ventis is one of the few known Fee controlled planet outside of the Delta Quadrant. Like most Fee planets, it was Technoformed by the Andromeda A.I. before being handed over to the Fee to be looked after. It contains a vast, deep, circular jungle on the equator where Fee are welcome to live should they not enjoy the current array of Technology afforded to the Fee, but most choose to remain as cyborgs as they have since the war. The planet supplies the system with vast amounts of technology. There are a number of artifacts on the planet that indicate that another species of aliens once called this planet home, but said evidence also indicates they hadn't been their long before the A.I. showed up.

Zexious

Terrain - Earth Like
Population - Human
Pop Size - Small

Notes:
Life on this planet is self sustainable for the most part. This is good for the small population of Humans that call it home, for they are incredibly xenophobic. They came a long way to find a planet they could settle on that was "alien-free". They can communicate with ships and other planets, but mostly choose not too, and do so only in emergencies.

Emptuu

Terrain - Plains and Deserts
Population - Kortovog
Pop Size - Medium

Notes:
The Kortovog like this planet as it contains many a creature to test their might, and augmentations, against. Emptuu is the greatest source of augmenters in this section of the galaxy, as well as the only major one, and is quite the source for genetic modification as well. Many of the raw materials they use come from a nearby asteroid belt they claim ownership over vehemently. This planet is mostly peaceful with others, even Tamearin planets, but they will fight, and kill, to hold on to that asteroid belt.

Pon-To-Con-Xer

Terrain - Mostly Arctic with some warmer climate near the equator.
Population - Tamearin & Cartus
Pop Size - Small

Notes:
The distance this planet has from its home world is no coincidence. It was settled several centuries ago by Pon-Taers wishing to live in peace away from the judging eyes of the rest of their race. They do not discriminate however, and are open to non-Pon-Taers (a necessity, as two Pon-Taer parents do not guarantee a Pon-Taer child). Non-Pon-Taers can live with the rest, move to one of a few non-Pon-Taer settlements, or leave to go back to their home system. Over the last century, Cartus have been welcome to live on the planet, including runaway slaves. Any Shinso foolish enough to bring their slaves to the planet is likely to have them freed on them as slavery is 100% illegal. This has caused quite a bit of friction between the planet, Shinso who did not know the law, and Shinso demanding runaways be returned.

Last edited:

DarkGemini24601

Ahem... a note about orbital characteristics. The Shinso/Cartus planets could have similar orbits, but their paths wouldn't intersect. Planets naturally sweep up all the material in their path: you don't end up with two in the precisely same path. If you wanted to keep that, I'd instead suggest that they mutually orbit one another, although that will make them tidally locked (meaning two sides would always face one another and the other pair would face away from eachother. The system would still rotate I believe, just mutually around a common center of gravity in-between)

ShadowHounder

Ahem... a note about orbital characteristics. The Shinso/Cartus planets could have similar orbits, but their paths wouldn't intersect. Planets naturally sweep up all the material in their path: you don't end up with two in the precisely same path. If you wanted to keep that, I'd instead suggest that they mutually orbit one another, although that will make them tidally locked (meaning two sides would always face one another and the other pair would face away from eachother. The system would still rotate I believe, just mutually around a common center of gravity in-between)
So... Like maybe the orbit the same Sun... But always on opposite sides?

DarkGemini24601

So... Like maybe the orbit the same Sun... But always on opposite sides?
No, that's what didn't make sense. Tidally locked to one another means they're close enough to be gravitationally attracted to one another. I just explained why orbiting the exact same path on opposite sides wouldn't occur.

ShadowHounder

No, that's what didn't make sense. Tidally locked to one another means they're close enough to be gravitationally attracted to one another. I just explained why orbiting the exact same path on opposite sides wouldn't occur.
Now I'm confused... How are we supposed to plan out those planets then :/

Black0ut

Tidal locked means that one side is thrust into eternal midnight and freezing temperatures and the other permanent day and blazing heat. The only place technically habitable is the midnight ring between the two. So both planets, if tidally locked, would sport this midnight ring where temperatures are more bearable.

ShadowHounder

Tidal locked means that one side is thrust into eternal midnight and freezing temperatures and the other permanent day and blazing heat. The only place technically habitable is the midnight ring between the two. So both planets, if tidally locked, would sport this midnight ring where temperatures are more bearable.
Not what I was confused about REEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Gem was trying to make a suggestion... But then stated how that suggestion wouldn't work... So how are supposed to map it then?

DarkGemini24601

Now I'm confused... How are we supposed to plan out those planets then :/
Okay, first of all, the specific pair of planets I was discussing does not apply to all of them. I think you completely misunderstand what I'm talking about. I am going to put this as straightforwardly as I can:

Melena and Tebbiton were described as following the exact same orbital path (the circle around the sun) but were always located on the opposite side from one another. This doesn't happen in astronomy, as there is typically only one planet within each of these 'rings' due to the way they form. I suggested they are two bodies mutually orbiting one another because that *does* happen if a body splits or an object is captured. That's all.

ShadowHounder

Okay, first of all, the specific pair of planets I was discussing does not apply to all of them. I think you completely misunderstand what I'm talking about. I am going to put this as straightforwardly as I can:

Melena and Tebbiton were described as following the exact same orbital path (the circle around the sun) but were always located on the opposite side from one another. This doesn't happen in astronomy, as there is typically only one planet within each of these 'rings' due to the way they form. I suggested they are two bodies mutually orbiting one another because that *does* happen if a body splits or an object is captured. That's all.
So something more like our moon in that regard?

DarkGemini24601

And no, that's specifically tidal locking to a star. I'm discussing the planets being in the habitable zone, but being tidally locked to one another. Twins.