Starstream Think Tank

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
You get used to it
I know. It just sucks because I was going to take a few days off of work to play it, and I have to request them pretty far in advance, but with a 3-7 day delivery window, I don't know when to take off...

I have the 5th and 6th off. Guess I'll just take off the following three days off and hope for the best. That means I'll be off 2-6 days after it releases.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
It can happen. I recall when I ordered my copy of Nier Automata, it actually came the day before launch. Couldn't play it because my PS4 hadn't arrived yet, but still, happens very very rarely.
giphy.gif

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
So who else is getting FF7 for the PS4? Who's hoping they port it to Xbone or PC?

For that matter, anyone else excited about the HD remaster of FF8 for all systems coming out later this year? I'm debating between what system to get it for. Will likely get it for the Switch. If not, PS4. The game has gotten a bad wrap in the past, but I personally like it more then FF9, and it has been so long since I played it.

ShadowHounder

So who else is getting FF7 for the PS4? Who's hoping they port it to Xbone or PC?

For that matter, anyone else excited about the HD remaster of FF8 for all systems coming out later this year? I'm debating between what system to get it for. Will likely get it for the Switch. If not, PS4. The game has gotten a bad wrap in the past, but I personally like it more then FF9, and it has been so long since I played it.
I personally would've liked a remake instead of a remastered... Mainly so they could make Squall less of a whiner XD

That and some fine tuning would do wonders for that game as well

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I personally would've liked a remake instead of a remastered... Mainly so they could make Squall less of a whiner XD

That and some fine tuning would do wonders for that game as well
Yeah. I'd say maybe it is next for the remake treatment, but who knows how long the FF7 remake will take. There are some fine tuning things I'm hoping for. I also hope they add the QOL things from the other remasters, like the ability to refill your HP and ATB (which I never use, too cheaty), turn off enemy encounters (which I only use in emergencies), and the ability to have the game run at triple speed (which I used aaaaaaaall the time in FF7 to speed battles up).

ShadowHounder

Yeah. I'd say maybe it is next for the remake treatment, but who knows how long the FF7 remake will take. There are some fine tuning things I'm hoping for. I also hope they add the QOL things from the other remasters, like the ability to refill your HP and ATB (which I never use, too cheaty), turn off enemy encounters (which I only use in emergencies), and the ability to have the game run at triple speed (which I used aaaaaaaall the time in FF7 to speed battles up).
Swordgun needs to do more gun things XD

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Swordgun needs to do more gun things XD
That's why I liked Lightning's gunblade more. A weapon that transformed between a sword and a gun made more sense.

Oh! Remember Aya? Not... not the current Aya, the one from our original XCOM RP? She was based off a character of the same name from the Parasite Eve games.

In Parasite Eve 2, one of the bosses uses a gunblade, an FF8 easter egg. And if you get a high enough score in the game, you can unlock the gunblade in NG+. It works just like it does in FF8. You use the primary fire button to swing, then the secondary fire button at the moment of impact to fire.

ShadowHounder

That's why I liked Lightning's gunblade more. A weapon that transformed between a sword and a gun made more sense.

Oh! Remember Aya? Not... not the current Aya, the one from our original XCOM RP? She was based off a character of the same name from the Parasite Eve games.

In Parasite Eve 2, one of the bosses uses a gunblade, an FF8 easter egg. And if you get a high enough score in the game, you can unlock the gunblade in NG+. It works just like it does in FF8. You use the primary fire button to swing, then the secondary fire button at the moment of impact to fire.
Lightening's gunblade was better because she actually used the gun part (love that aerial boss since Lightening could use her gun to attack it while the other character had to use magic)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Lightening's gunblade was better because she actually used the gun part (love that aerial boss since Lightening could use her gun to attack it while the other character had to use magic)
Lightning is great fun to play in Dissidia. Oh! Another easter egg is in the third Parasite Eve game, The Third Birthday, you can get a DLC costume of Lightning for Aya, and in the second Dissidia game, you can get a costume of Aya for Lightning.

And just because I'm talking about it, the first game took place on Manhattan. If you looked at the map view of the American Museum of Natural History, you could see a Chocobo on the top, and there was a prehistoric Chocobo in the museum (which luckily doesn't come to life like all the other animals and dinosaurs in the museum and try and eat you).

Black0ut

*Quietly looks at the masterpiece 6 was.* You'll get your chance one day... they'll realize that villains winning is a noteworthy thing... *Puts down a flower next to the case*