"No More Room in Hell" Think Tank

Black0ut

How is everyone doing today. Another Monday after another short, sleepless weekend. Hope you guys are more alert then me. :p
Why Mondays are okay... generally... unless I'm working... or college.. or... well, now that I take the moment to think, I'm having a strangely good day. Got some spicy things I'm making in a Campaign I'm running. :)

Black0ut

Oooo. Would love to hear about it!
Okay. :)

"It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Man for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that he may never truly die.Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in His name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from aliens, heretics, mutants -- and far, far worse. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."

Black0ut

Okay. :)

"It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor of Mankind has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the vast Imperium of Man for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day so that he may never truly die.Yet even in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in His name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat to humanity from aliens, heretics, mutants -- and far, far worse. To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be relearned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."
To give a bit of clarity, this is the setting of Warhammer 40,000, wherein (for my campaign) you play as the Imperial Guard, regular human beings who will have to fight Monstrosities, Demons, and Alien races to keep Humanity safe.

To be a bit more grim as the setting is grim and thus needs more grim things, such as a grim explanation -or a grim toaster- that should be explained, 40K is basically everyone is evil, and while on an individual level there are good people, the universe is far crueler. So everyone is the bad guy, which is honestly kind of fun.

Black0ut

To give a bit of clarity, this is the setting of Warhammer 40,000, wherein (for my campaign) you play as the Imperial Guard, regular human beings who will have to fight Monstrosities, Demons, and Alien races to keep Humanity safe.

To be a bit more grim as the setting is grim and thus needs more grim things, such as a grim explanation -or a grim toaster- that should be explained, 40K is basically everyone is evil, and while on an individual level there are good people, the universe is far crueler. So everyone is the bad guy, which is honestly kind of fun.
However! In Only War, your characters are constantly thrust into danger, so there is a good chance they may die. However, again, upgrading your character (Exp is dictate by whoever is running the campaign) means that you'll more than likely survive all the things thrown at you. Kinda like DnD, but more obvious about ther fact it kinda wants to kill you (seriously, take a look at some of the more innocent looking monsters... fucking just, ugh...).

Dahlexpert

However! In Only War, your characters are constantly thrust into danger, so there is a good chance they may die. However, again, upgrading your character (Exp is dictate by whoever is running the campaign) means that you'll more than likely survive all the things thrown at you. Kinda like DnD, but more obvious about ther fact it kinda wants to kill you (seriously, take a look at some of the more innocent looking monsters... fucking just, ugh...).

Fuck yea Warhammer shit, and I like that your making it about guards man. Since they make up most of the battles and it's not focused soly on the space marines.

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

Buh. Buh I wanna play a sister of battle :-/

Black0ut

Fuck yea Warhammer shit, and I like that your making it about guards man. Since they make up most of the battles and it's not focused soly on the space marines.
The Guardsman are hell of a power house when you think about it. Do space marines have giant tanks that look like they've been eating space marine dreadnoughts? Baneblade Tanks are just... insane. And I love it. Also, it's just fun to tell the players that the Orks are coming in their makeshift trucks, Tanks and aircraft that somehow works because of fuck-you-psychic bullshit.

Black0ut

Buh. Buh I wanna play a sister of battle :-/
No. You Sisters burn everything! You burn innocent space marines! You burn guardsmen! You orbital drop churches for God-Emperor's sake and use your funeral rites as means to keep burning people! We cannot burn the world of... *looks down at paper for a brief moment* Jasnar IV. It's too crucial to be purged.

(Ironically enough, Chaos is showing up to fight the Imperial Guard after an Ork invasion has occurred. Technically, the Sisters would be allowed to s hi ow up and purge... but because I'm biased on 40k, I sent the nicest chapter of Space Marines to assist instead.)

Frostlich1228 (Alt)

No. You Sisters burn everything! You burn innocent space marines! You burn guardsmen! You orbital drop churches for God-Emperor's sake and use your funeral rites as means to keep burning people! We cannot burn the world of... *looks down at paper for a brief moment* Jasnar IV. It's too crucial to be purged.

(Ironically enough, Chaos is showing up to fight the Imperial Guard after an Ork invasion has occurred. Technically, the Sisters would be allowed to s hi ow up and purge... but because I'm biased on 40k, I sent the nicest chapter of Space Marines to assist instead.)

Look. Sometimes the best way to deal with a threat is to air mail an actual church on top of their heads. If the Xenos won't go to church we are moooore than happy to bring the church to them.