Hunters of Terra Dolor (Role Playing Section)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
The Cow Thrope dropped her sister, looking at her Mother with tears in her eyes. "I... I can't believe it's you..."

"I'm so happy you're safe Carol!" She rushed up and hugged her, it was clear that the years without human interaction or touch had taken quite a toll on her.

Methos helped Mags to her feet. "You okay?"

"Kinda queasy..." Mags chuckled, smiling at the both of them.

Methos rubbed her back. "Come on. Let's go see how the rest of youur family reacts. I especially want to see your younger sister."

"Her poor heart." Mags chuckled, wrapping her arm around the two of them. "Come on. Let's go see the rest of your family."

She nodded happily, happier than she had been in years, as they walked into the home. The first one to greet them was their father who was currently sweeping up around the house. He looked up a Carol before seeing Maribeth. "Carol, who... I... Oh my gods... Mary..."

She covered her mouth, she was Speechless.

Methos felt like her heart would stop watching the reunion.

"John..." Her voice cracked as he dropped his broom, running up to her and kissing her.

It lasted a while before they pulled away, both of them sobbing now, "Beth... I thought... I thought you were gone... Dead or worse..."

"I'm here John... I'm so sorry I left... I... I couldn't take sitting while Carol was gone... I had to... I thought I had to... But you all needed me just as much and I failed you..." She pressed her forehead against his.

"No... We failed you... I failed you... I'm so sorry..." He said through a pained voice.

"It's not anyone's fault. We were all just people dealing with grief and pain... Neither of you are to blame." Mags told them, choking up as well.

Methos leaned next to Carol and whispered, "Why don't you hurry and get your other sister?"

Carol almost jumped, "You're right!" She then quickly made her way over to Selene's door.

"Selene! Come out here! It's really important!" Carol called.

A voice spoke from inside, "Hmm...? What? What is it?"

"Just get out here sleepy! It's really important!" The Sheep called around. There were tumbling sound and a yawn before the bird Thrope opened the door, her feathers ruffled.

"Mmm... Yeah?" She rubbed her eyes. "What is it? M-Methos?"

"Hello, Selene." She motioned towards her mother. "We have a very special surprise for you."

"Wha..." She looked as her mother turned to face her.

"Hey Songbird..." Maribeth said through the tears, opening her arms up.

Selene just shook her head, covering her mouth and falling backwards like she had seen a ghost. "You're not real... There's no way you're real..."

"Come now..." Methos knelt by her. "You live among the gods. Is this really that hard to believe?"

Her breathing hitched slightly, "Momma... I'm so sorry... It's my fault Carol was-"

Maribeth kneeled down and shushed her, "You still believe that? After all this time? It was never your fault dear."

Selene just pulled her in tightly, weeping loudly as John and Carol joined them, Mags smiling contently, wrapping her arms around all of them last. The Sheep then looked up at Methos, motioning her to join them.

Methos did so, hugging them all tightly as she too shed many tears.

It was a long time before they broke apart, John, Mags' Father smiling, "Let's get a good dinner in you."

She chuckled, "You. Good dinner? I have to see this."

"Well someone had to cook." He elbowed her lightly, the almost perpetually tired man gaining a glimmer back into his eye.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Frostlich1228 & ZombieSplitter53
Norsca All Over Again

It had been a week since Rumi had returned home with the others. She thought that maybe she was in the clear for helping Norsca.

Then the summons came for her and, as far as she knew, only her.

She entered the chamber of the elders. Junior Elder members were being trained to act as advisers for the queen, but it seemed the nation would stay ruled by the queen for a long time to come. She was the hero of the short but bloddy war with Alice Valentine, and the people counted on her guidance. She was a hero to many.

She was a hero to Rumi at least, which was one of many reasons why Rumi was so nervous as she walked into the chambers, all heads around the lengthy table turning towards her, all voices falling silent.

"You... wanted... to see me, your majesty?" Rumi stated, her voice echoing throughout the room, heads turning to the chair where Lily Valentine once sat before her disgraceful excommunication.

"Yes dear. Rumi." Lana'thel crossed her arms at the table. "I first want to welcome you back. I was worried when you didn't come back with the rest of the Seven."

"Y-yes, sorry I was delayed. B-but I was... rrrright behind them, you see?" Rumi rubbed her hands nervously.

"That was a lot longer than right behind them, you were gone for a few extra weeks. What were you doing?" Lana'thel asked calmly.

"I... I-I was..." Rumi sighed. If the Blood Queen didn't already know, she would find out. Lying would only make things worse. "I was... helping to safeguard the children of... Norsca..."

Lana face just dropped, then she smiled again. "Um... What was that honey? Could you maybe explain?"

"You see..." Rumi stuttered a bit. "They, um... th-they had just defeated the cultist... y-you know, in service o-of the gods... a-and were going off to fight an Old God, Yig. S-so I thought I'd... h-help them out just... j-j-just this once... by protecting... children?"

Lana just looked at her advisors, "Everyone. I think this is a good time for a break. Please ajourn."

They Immediately stood up, able to read the situation well enough to know that they did not want to be there and after a few moments they had all evacuated the room. Lana cleared her throat, her smile dropping, "So... They were going to fight an Old One... They were vulnerable... And you offered to babysit for them? The kids that in all likelihood were kidnapped or held forcibly by them along with their parents. Am I understanding this right?"

The color drained from Rumi's face like a vampire had sucked her dry. "I don't... I don't think they... I-I don't... they don't kidnap children, they were... children of the... I didn't think..."

"Oh no. They just offer them a place in their bandit gang, training them how to be killers, right? I'm sure if they wanted to they could leave at any time, right? I mean, just ask Ergo how that works out." Lana stood up.

"Th-that was... under Al... the former leader. I'm sure... I believe they can leave..." Rumi took a step back even though she was some distance away from Lana. "I... we were sent there to warn them and get them to turn themselves in, and... a-and they were dealt a serious blow from the... Themosa army, so it... evens... out?" She wanted to run, her legs trembling.

"Well. The turning themselves in that was more of a formality you see. I'm going to kill them all. I didn't expect for you to get so... Chummy?" Lana began to walk towards her slowly. "What do you do with them? I mean, it must've been pretty pleasant considering how long you were there. Did you reminice about the good old days over some tea? 'Hey remember that time you guys forced the person who raised me to kill one of my closest friends? Good times right'?

"No, I...!" Rumi swallowed hard. "I didn't... I barely saw the three of them in charge. It was mostly..." She started to look desperate. "It was their weak and their children! I... I have a soft spot for kids. It reminds me of... when I was a kid, alone... and Gravel..."

"Gravel is gone... He left because they forced him to cut down his best friend... Don't you remember? He can barely live with the guilt!"

"And what if they had tricked you? Captured you! Killed you!? Mind controlled you again!?" Lana exclaimed, "What then... They're monsters. You know that. How could you do that after you swore to me that'd you'd make it up to me and stop them? To redeem yourself? After I saved your life? After I moved mountains to stop Helvan or Themosa from just executing you?"

Rumi broke into tears, sobbing like a child. "I'm sorry! I don't know what I was thinking! I'll never... ever... I'm sorry..." She broke down, collapsing onto the floor. "I'm sorry... I can't..."

She made her way over to her, rubbing her back, "Can't what? Can't fight them? Then I'll take you off the Seven. I'm not sure if I can even trust you still... They've gotten in your head again."

"No! Please!" Rumi stood up, trying to wipe her tears away. "I... I'll fight them! I'll go take them on by myself right now if you want! Please, the Band of Seven is my life! Don't take it from me!"

"How do I know you aren't some kind of mole for them now? How do I know I can still trust you? Honestly, you're the only Human among the Seven. You are more vulnerable than anyone. It's probably better this way." Lana shook her head like a disapproving parent. "You can take a leave of absence like Gravel. Clear your head."

Rumi bowed her head. "Please... I'll do anything to prove my innocence. I... I know I don't deserve it... but please give me one more chance."

"What can you tell me about their plans? What were they doing before you left?" Lana'thel sighed, crossing her arms.

"They... they were angry," Rumi told them. "They failed to defeat Yig, and planned to take him on again. And... a-and they were mad that the rebellion in Themosa abandoned them. They said they were... going to make the countey pay."

She paced, looking down, "So. It's like I feared... The Intel now is they've already started. Towns have been burned, cities taken, nobles and mayors executed along with anyone who tries to stop them, including the rebels. They've been drafting slaves into their army and continuing to kill and kill and kill."

Lana shook her head. "It's Norsca all over again."

Rumi felt several pangs of guilt. "W-what do we do? Do we move in to stop them? What if Themosa gets upset about us crossing into their borders again?"

"We have to pin them in. We'll lead them into a trap. When they attack Themosa City, they'll find the citizens evacuated. Then, the Royal Themosan army and hopefully us will surround the city, moving in and killing them while pushing them towards the coast. The Ships of Themosa will be moved and formed into a sea blockade, cutting off their only escape route. Being attacked by land and from sea they'll be slaughtered in one fell swoop." She explained. "However. I am aware that much of their army are escaped conscripted slaves. All we really need to do is cut off the heads of this Hydra. If we kill the leaders the rest of the Norsca army will break, the ones that aren't as brainwashed will likely surrender, the ones that are... We'll try to give them fair trails but many of them will likely die fighting us."

"Please let me join the fight." Rumi held her hands together. "I will prove to you that I am, and always will be, loyal to the vampires."

"Rumi... First tell me everything you know about the leaders of Norsca, the inner circle. Who did you meet? Who did you talk to?" Lana helped her up.

"Well... there is Crixus, A... A-Alice's former right hand turned leader. Wulfric, a human, and Lorica, a Thrope, work as secondary leaders. Lorica just brought in a bunch of new people but I left before meeting them. And then there is Marilith, a rather large, six armed Ophidian woman who brought a bunch of her people with her. I think she and Wulfric have a thing together."

Rumi scratched her chin. "Crixus is the most level headed of the group, but he is prone to violence like the rest. And Lorica is as wild as the beasts she tames. They also have a giant, a bunch of monsters, and a group of harpies."

"What is this Marilith's goal with them?" The Queen questioned.

Rumi shrugged. "I don't think she has a grand plan of building a nation like the others. I think she just... wants to get rich quick through killing and banditry."

"Well. That's where you're wrong. They want the same things. They could've had a home if they simply stopped trying to take it from others." Lana explained to her. "But look at them. Killing, burning, raping, pillaging, they didn't learn from Helvan. Now they're going to face the justice they deserve, all of them."

"You have a good plan to destroy them," a celestial voice said around them. "But I am afraid you are too late."

Lana quickly turned, her eyes darting around, "Who is this? What're you talking about?"

What appeared to be a light elf with flowing blonde hair stepped out of the shadows and bowed her head. "Forgive me for eavesdropping. I am Ledono, goddess of Creation."

"Well... You're not the God that usually associates with Vampires... Not that many do already." Lana'thel spoke to her calmly.

The goddess nodded. "Yes, you usually associate more with my nephew, the god of Death. But this matter does not concern him as much as it does my sister, Birusu. She has not directly assisted Norsca, but she does encourage them and they fight in her name. It has caused untold destruction as a result."

"So they've found yet another Godly patron like Grimora..." Lana sighed heavily. "But what did you mean I'm too late?"

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Ledono let out a long breath. She held up an orb, showing events that had passed. "The King raised the white flag before they could attack the capital. In exchamge for them leaving, and a large sum of their plunder, he agreed to end slavery for the lower classes and to give them... someone. It would seem the king preferred money over retribution for their evil deeds."

She lowered her hands. "Norsca is on their way out of Themosa now, likely on their way back to the Duchy of Kemar."

"That Coward!" Lana exclaimed with an irreverent fury, smashing a table against the wall. "How could you fall for their scare tactics! Who did he give away!?"

Ledono's shoulders slumped. "V... Veronica Themosan..."

"He traded his own daughter to bandits!?" Lana looked down, tapping her foot. "Alright... Then we'll do it ourselves. Just me and the Seven."

Rumi cleared her throat. "M-may I... make a suggestion?"

"Yes Rumi?" She turned to look at her.

"They plan on fighting Yig, Old Snake God of the Desert. Why not wait to see how that battle turns out? If they fail, Yig will kill them all. If they succeed, they will... be at their weakest, and then we can strike."

"And what about the Princess? How long are they going to get to do whatever they want with her?" Lana'thel asked. "They got their ransom so I don't know what they want with her. I'm thinking along the lines of rape and torture."

"Not to mention if we wait for them to fight Yig all those innocent Thropes and Children will be butchered while we take advantage of it. I refuse to do that."

Rumi nodded. "I understand. I will tell the others to get ready to move out immediately, with your permission."

"No. I... I want to show you something... You can come if you like Goddess, not that I could really stop you anyway..." The Blood Queen made her way down the hall out of the room.

Rumi followed loyally, and Ledono followed out of curiosity. Both wondered what she could possibly have to show them relating to this.

After making her way down the hall she turned the corner into what Rumi knee was a storage closet without much in it. However when they both caught up with her they saw her shifting boxes for what seemed like no reason. She shifted one from one corner to another, a click followed, then she moved another into the middle of the room, another click. Next, she stacked a box on top of the first one she moved, a third click, finally she moved the middle box a foot or so away, waiting a few seconds before moving it back, a final click. Afterwards the stone wall at the back of the closet area slid back and to the side, revealing a secret hallway that Rumi had no idea about.

"Whoa..." Rumi smiled nervously. "What do you keep back there?"

"I'll show you." As they made their way down, the air got noticably colder, almost unnaturally so. As they reached the room at the other end of the hall they saw what looked to be a large stone table and laying on it appeared to be a body covered in a white sheet. "Here we are."

Rumi got a shiver down her spine, thinking of the lab of Alice's horrible alchemist. "And who is this," Ledono asked casually.

Lana'thel sighed, reaching over and pulling away the sheet to reveal the cold, perservered body of Alice Valentine. "I went to great lengths to retrieve this after the battle."

Rumi gasped. "W... why did you take her body? And... what are you doing with it?"

"Because it's dangerous to leave in the wrong hands. Because if any powerful necromancer got a hold of it we would be in trouble... Or Vampire..." Lana looked back. "Her blood still contains the essence and power of the entire Vampire council."

Rumi's eyes widened. "That's right. She absorbed all of their blood. Shouldn't... we dispose of her in some way?"

"Or did you have something else in mind?" Ledono wondered out loud.

"I kept it for another reason... In case I was desperate enough, I could drink her blood and gain her power, along with my friend's..." The Blood Mage looked at her adoptive daughter's dead body.

Ledono gave her a sad look. "I'm... sorry things had to end the way they did. Maybe... if the gods stepped in more, to at least balance out those on her side, the outcome could have been better."

"They took... Everything from me... That's why I'm so protective of you Rumi. You're the only Daughter I have left..." Lana smiled softly at her.

Rumi looked down in shame. "I swear... I will never betray your trust again." When she looked up, it was a with a determined look. "We warned them. They were given a chance to leave. To hole up somewhere and be happy with all they had. But instead the decided to continue their reign of terror for greed and petty revenge. There... there will be no second warning."

Lana'thel placed a hand on Rumi's shoulder, then she looked back at Alice. "So... Should I?"

Rumi nodded. "Better you have the power then anyone else."

"Ledono? Do you have any imput?" She looked up at the Goddess curiously.

"It is... an awful lot of power for one person to have," Ledono stated. "But as long as you feel you can handle the responsibility, I do not see why you shouldn't."

Lana sighed, turning back to stand over her daughter, rubbing her face gently. "I'm sorry I failed you... I was a terrible mother to you... I just wish I could've done better..."

Rumi shook her head. "You can't blame yourself like that. You shouldn't."

"But it was my fault... I let her turn into that Monster... I should've been a better parent... I even alienated Kva..." Lana said with a hollow tone. "I thought maybe I could redeem myself... But that chance was stolen from me... I have to get rid of them, I can't let them kill anyone else's children... I'd gladly die to see them face justice..."

"I'll help you," Rumi assured her. "But you can't die. We all need you. I... I need you..."

"Rumi... Can't you see them for the manipulating, cruel, monsters they are? Can't you see why I hate them? They spin their evil like it's something good, like they're making the world a better place." Lana'thel turned around without taking her hand off the table. "They're so self righteous and... Arrogant to think that they can just waltz around in the open after killing my daughter... Dorian... Killing Ergo and experimenting on his people... No, they have to die. For all the good people that died stopping them. For what they did to you. We have to finish this."

Rumi squeezed her fist tightly and nodded. "I understand. I will not be fooled again."

"Good... Then I suppose that only leaves one thing..." Lana'thel looked back at the corpse, this time just for a single moment, before gingery reaching down and sinking her fangs into her arm. The corpse's skin sank into the face, the remains of the Vampire who caused all of this deteriorating in front of them before The Blood Queen pulled away.

She could feel the power, it was a lot, her dark magic pulsed powerfully in her veins, as it stood, she was likely the most powerful Vampire in the world now, maybe even in history. Lana let out a heavy sigh, "There. It's done."

Ledono gave her a concerned look. "How do you feel?"

"Powerful... But still empty inside... Guess that won't exactly change any time soon..." She shook her head.

Rumi rubbed her arm. "Come on... let's go make a plan with the others."

"Actually... Can you fetch Marlee so the three of us can speak in private. I'd like a word with her too." Lana'thel asked.

Rumi nodded, and took off. Ledono bowed and said, "Thank you for sharing this secret." She opened a portal and stepped through, saying, "I wish you luck, Blood Queen."

"Is there anything you can do to help us fight this? A blessing? Something?" The Vampire looked up at her.

Ledono paused, then stepped back out, amd wrote a sigil in the air. Lana glowed for a brief moment. "When the time is right, this blessing will activate, giving your troops an increase in vitality. It isn't much, but it will assure your people can fight a bit harder then they normally would. It is only fair for you to have some advantage, considering Norsca had the War goddess' blessing during your last fight with them."

"And the Goddess of Shadow interfering." Lana reminded.

Ledono nodded. "I am sorry. But this time, you will have more then one goddess on your side," she assured Lana before finally taking her leave.

After Ledono left, Lana'thel made her way back out to meet up with Marlee, closing the secret passage behind her.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
She found Marlee and Rumi waiting in the Chamber of the Elders. Marlee avoided eye contact, obviously afraid she was in trouble.

"Marlee. Rumi recently informed me that they were... Well, you were, rather cordial with the Norscans..." Lana stepped up to her, dark power almost licking off of her, but she didn't seem to be angry. "Would you say that was what happened?"

"Y-yes..." Marlee bowed her head. "Forgive me, my queen."

"You should despise them. Alice kidnapped you, mind controlled you, and literally treated you like a Dog." Lana stepped around her. "Didn't you say you wanted to repent for your crimes as well? For what happened to Kva?"

Marlee nodded shamefully. "I swear to you, next time we meet... it will be as vicious enemies. I warned them as much."

"Good. Make sure. And while I love you two, if this happens again, it will be treason, understand?" She leaned down, looking into Marlee's eyes. "Remember why you fight them. I'm sure you know about they're recent actions in Themosa, so I won't repeat myself."

Marlee nodded nervously, but looked determined. "Understood, my queen."

"I'll be coming with you..." She brought them into a big hug, "And please. Be safe."

They both smiled, hugging her back and reveling in her warm embrace.

"Oh! I almost forgot." She pulled away, "There's someone I'd like you to meet. I had been looking for someone to fill in the final place in the Seven for some time, and I think I found him."

Rumi and Marlee exchanged a grin. "Who is it?" Rumi asked excitedly.

"I'll show you. I had some men fetch him on the way here. He's been living in Draculesti all his life, he's a skilled warrior and spellcaster, but unfortunately a tragedy has befallen him due to recent events." Lana'thel informed them, "He's... A little eccentric though."

"Like... eccentric in what way?" Marlee asked.

They heard a number of footsteps rounding the corner of the house behind them, walking with two guards was a man in long black leathers rife with straps and belts. He had messy, long black hair that reached down to his shoulders, he held a long cane or staff in his left hand. As well, he had a faceless white mask nestled in past his long hair, completely hiding his appearance, the only feature on the mask being two pointed, carved eye holes.

"Girls. This is Abathur Widowghast of the Noble House Widowghast." Lana stepped back.

He bowed, his aged voice muffled, "Hello. Rumi and Marlee I believe? A pleasure."

They both bowed back. "Welcome, Mr. Widowghast," Rumi said. "We didn't expect a nobel to be joining us."

"What? Don't think I can keep up? Rest assured..." He cocked his head to the side.

Marlee waved her hands. "No, no, that isn't what she meant at all. If the queen chose you, you must be quite strong."

"To be honest though. Being considered a noble is... New to me." He mentioned. "My house took over house Valenestra's place."

Rumi and Marlee's shoulders sank. Despite what they thought of Alice, Lilith had been important to them. To hear her noble house was dismantled was another reminder that they would likely never see her again.

Lana'thel sighed at this, she missed Lilith, but banishing her was the least she could do, she murdered all of her closest friends and mentors. "You... Understand I did what I had to do, right?"

They nodded. They might not have likednit, but they understood her reasoning. Deep down, they new it was right.

"Anyway. I... Am looking forward to working with you..." Abatur nodded.

"Another thing... His daughters were recently kidnapped, we don't know where they are. If you could look into that while
you're deal with Norca. I'm sure he's greatly appreciate it." Lana noted.

Marlee nodded. "We would be happy to. I've... heard some bad rumors coming from Themosa..."

"My daughters names are... Ashira and Ariamis Widowghast... I... They should've been the ones to join, they love the Seven, but now I'm here in their place." The Masked Man spoke somberly.

Rumi smiled at him. "Don't worry sir. We'll find them. You can count on us."

"Thank you... But I'll be there with you." He held out his hand. "I'm happy to work with you."

They both shook it warmly with a smile on their faces. The band of seven was whole once again.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Dahlexpert & ZombieSplitter53
Bandit Princess

Virando

The Norscan finally made there way out of Themosa and just like Crixus said there food rain out but lucky for them they were in the land of farms and wealth. Crixus made his way to his tent Were Veronica was." You know you don't have to stay here right I mean you have been training pretty good lately."

Veronica nodded. "I know, and I thank you. But someone has to stay behind and defend the camp. After all, we're in unfamiliar territory."

"Weve been here before for a very short time actually, but now comes the what we need to talk about." Crixus sat on his bed." The food we hunted is gone and there's no water."

Veronica nodded. "I noticed. You ever think of... settling down? You know... growing and raising your own food?"

"Veronica come here for a minuets sit next to me." Crixus patted that spot next to him on the bed.

She sighed, but got up and sat next to him. "Yes?"

"We have had a lot of homes, we were originally in Serasam had village there. We then conquered the capital of Halvan, when ever we do have a place of our own place we do grow our own food croops and the like. I told Korra this before she fucked off on us, I do plan on finding us a home but not while were on the run like this."

"Well, stop being on the run all the time." Veronica shook her head. "Find a place only you would know about and build a community there. Use the gold you've been gathering to buy food and water instead of hoarding the money and stealing the food. You... you can't be raiders forever. Eventually, all the enemies you make are going to catch up with you."

"I know that!" Crixus shouted. "I know that, tell me Veronica how can I pay for food and for my men? How do I get a ship to get us away from this country, would my men still fight if they wren't getting paid. Some sure if there blood thirsty, so tell me Mrs Veronica how can I get ship material to make weapons, enough food and water for us to leave this island without being ripped off by the nations that want my head.!?" Crixus asked seeing if she could figure out something he hasn't.

She sneered at him for a moment, and looked away. "I don't know. Maybe you should evaluate what is more important, and your people should too. Being safe and secure, or fighting. You might be surprised how many of your men would rather settle down then keep fighting. And those who don't... maybe it is time to let them go."

"It's not that easy there are a few things we need to settle before we leave this land we have to help the gods with one task that that would be it. Then we get money and food and some ship so we could leave this land and start our own lives." Crixus held Veronica hand. " I'm trying to defend my people, I am and they will always be my first priority. But I have a question for you how do you tell people that has been fighting for so long that we may not know anything else?"

Veronica shook her head. "I... don't know. I guess you just tell them... and hope they trust you as a leader."

"It's a lot of things Veronica, I don't think we can stop fighting. Maybe when our job is done here, I might have to ask them that question." Crixus put his hands on his face and looked at the ground." Do you know why I don't like Korra?"

"Because she left when you needed her. You blame her for the loss of your troops. You probably think she is some kind of coward."

"No I get why Korra left us, it was bad for her image. Doesn't look good when your a freedom fighter when your working with the most wanted raider group in Terra history. I hate Korra for the way she did things, if she had come to us face to face and just say. Hay thanks for your help but it's best we separate, if she had done that. I wouldn't hate her."

Veronica lowered her head. "Then you... shouldn't hate her. You should... should hate me." She sighed. "I am the one who convinced her not to come to you directly. I didn't trust you not to... simply kill the rebels in anger. You know you could have. You even did so a bit by attacking towns where they were stationed..."

"Yea I told Lorica out of anger to see if she could burn them, but Lorica attacked one of them and told me that there not worth the time attacking. They were just ordinary people with little defenses, so I ordered not to attack anymore of the resistance bases." Crixus looked at Veronica." Funny you asked Korra not to come to us, because you were fear full. And now your with us. I'm not mad at you ether Veronica after all you saw us as monsters don't blame you."

"But you still hate Korra, huh?"

"No because I get why she did it, besides I have thousands of raiders to look after. And then there's you. What do I do with you? Veronica do you know what I mean when I say you are mine and mine alone?"

"Sounds like a kind of... twisted sense of love. Not sure where it comes from." Veronica shrugged.

"You could say that, what I mean by your mine alone. That means that I want know one else in this world to have you, I will not have anyone else lay with you." Crixus lifted Veronica cine so she's looking into his eyes." When this is all over I want you to have my children, I want you to be strong enough to fight guild members like there weaklings. I want to see you tame monsters, I want you to do all this. I want you to be an amazing warrior and only showing your soft side to me."

Veronica smiled. "That is... surprisingly sweet. Not... sure about the children part, but... well, let's see how things play out..."

Crixus kissed Veronica. "Ou if i'm determend enough we'll see about the kid part, but for I still need to find a way to sleep with you without you feeling forced or disgusted about it."

Veronica frowned. "You do know that I still love Korra, right?"

"You haven't seen me try getting you yet. Once I set my mind to it, i'm sure you could love even me. Now come on I sen't a scout ahead to look at near by city, besides I wanna show you something I ordered my forges to make."

Veronica nodded, jumping to her feet and stretching. "Something for me?"

"Yea come along." As they left his tent Veronica noticed that some still looked at her as a piece of meat, though a lot less then last time." Thatch, did you get what I wanted for her?"

The man looked at Veronica he was human about the same height as Wulfric and looked just as strong. " Yea I got something for the munchkin." The man whipped out some armor for Veronica." Leather armor with a plate inside a nice litle feature so even if your stabbed it would stop a sword and ax in place, and you have some flexibility as well. He also tossed her a sword, the sword it's self was a cutlass." Decent equipment for a new raider."

"Wow, thanks." Veronica tried out a few practice swings and smiled at the feel.

"You could thank me by getting some soldier blood on it, Crixus thinks you have the making of a great fighter. I don't see it but I will trust Crixus judgement."

"That reminds me thatch are those certain item ready for testing?"

"The catapults yea and the special ammo is as well."

Veronica frowned. More killing. More murder. Korra failed to change them at all. What hope did she have? "You're going to bomb the city, huh? Won't that cause a lot of collateral damage and cost innocent lives. Not like you're attacking a fort with nothing but soldiers..."

"That's why it's a test, come along." Crixus walked Veronica towards the catapults it seem to once the object was fired it would fall back automatically, there was some weird glowing barrels next to them though.

Veronica examined them from a distance, afraid to touch them. "What are these?"

"See when we were last in the desert there were these monsters called Cockataks horrible beast, if you got bitten by them or if they breathed on you you will turn to stone the reason they could do this is because they eat a special cactus that is in that desert that if you touch the spikes on it you will also turn to stone. But Maralith daughter gave us a great idea launch poison into the fields to lower there numbers and force them out, so I decided to take that idea and modify it with catapults. What you see on the ground is ammunition, there's poison belfire frost bombs the works." Crixus said with pride.

Veronica frowned. More destruction. She forced herself to smile and said, "They won't know what hit them, huh? That's a... smart idea."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
"But then I though about how many people that want my head, and your god damn infuiance and made other versions." Crixus walked Veronica to another batch of ammo. This is what well be testing out today, these barrels are nonlethal, these are filled with paralyze a special fear ammo that will cause illusions and make the people fear in panic. But the one well be testing out today is sleep ammo, hopefully the towns folk will be knocked out for a day."

"Whoa..." Veronica blinked in surprise. "Really?"

"Yes because like I said you will be leading side by side with me some day, so I might as well listen to you suggestions." Crixus looked at Veronica. "You seem surprised, I told you your not my slave now all you need is the confidence to do so."

She nodded, smiling for real. "Cool. Let's try one out then. I want to see how far it flies."

"Ou now i got your attention, don't be smiling to much. If this does work you will be joining us when attacking one of the forts, the for that were looking at after this is filled with food water and money. So once were done with this get ready for fight Veronica." Crixus said looking into Veronica eyes.

Surprisingly, she nodded. "As long as there are no innocents, I'll do what I can."

"Good let's get to it." Crixus lead Veronica to the launching spot and told the men to fir at the city with the sleeping ammo they launched three barrels into the town, the liquid went through out the town making a large cloud. once it dedicated Crixus told Veronica to take a few of the men and go plunder the city.

Veronica followed closely behind Crixus. "Not a big fan of stealing from innocents, but at least we're not killing them."

“Just fallow me in stealing things, and watch yourself if any of the men or women do anything to you you’re on your own and I won’t help you. Do you understand Veronica?”

"Got it," Veronica assured him, holding on to the hilt of her cutlass.

As the raiders went into the city they saw the towns people sleeping, some even pocked a couple The were completely out, so they went about there business picking pockets homes stores they wanted to pick the city clean of everything. Veronica looked sad while they were finishing up, something weighing heavy on her mind. "How... will these people survive without food, water, or money?" she asked sadly. "We're dooming them..."

“Well if it isn’t Crixus prize Veronica Themosan.” When she turned around she saw a human standing next to her.

She blinked, and frowned. "I don't belong to him. I'm no one's prize. Who are you?"

“Ou you’re not Crixus woman even better, that man thinks he could keep you away from us well he’s nowhere around. The man pulled out a sword.” But I feel like softening you up first before I make you mine.”

Veronica jumped back and pulled out her own sword. "And what happens afterwards, assuming I let you? You know Crixus would never let you live."

“Ou you’re assuming that your gonna win this, I’ll deal with Crixus when I get there.” The charged forward and slashed his sword at Veronica.

Veronica jumped back again, barely blocking the attack. "Why are you doing this? We're on the same team!"

“Team, Ou I guess that resistance thing got you confused. You’re not on our side, you’re a slave pretending to be one of us.” The raider continue to slash at Veronica.” But don’t worry I’ll put you We’re you belong, in your knees begging us to continue to fuck you!” He yelled as he punched Veronica.

Veronica heaved, her knees nearly buckling. No one was coming to save her. Crixus wouldn't if he was there anyway. She had to do this herself. With her teeths grit and her eyes full of rage, she spat out a mouthful of bile and went on the offense, her sword swings surprisingly fast.

The raider was taken back he clearly underestimated Veronica thinking that this would be easy, for his miss judgement several cuts around his chest.” Now why you gotta fight back it makes me have to work harder, but that just means I’m be even rougher with you!” The man fought back and parrying one of her attacks and knees her in the stomach and punched her to the ground.

Veronica's elbows shook as she pushed herself up. The man was more skilled then her. She only had one hope to win. She slowly stood up, holding out her sword with shaking hands. "D-don't... make me... kill you..."

The man laughed.” You kill me Ou that’s the funniest thing I heard all day, you couldn’t kill a baby dire wolf if you’re life depended on it.” Now if you were to be my slave and sucked me dry and open your legs whenever I say so I might just forgive you.”

"I warned you," she whispered, dropping her sword and slowly walking over to him.

The man chuckled.” That’s a good girl, now why don’t you start with taking that armor off.”

When she reached him, she slowly slid a hand behind her, reaching for a clasp. Once it was undone, she reached her hand beneath her armor and quickly pulled out a dagger she had hidden underneath. Before her could react, she stabbed it inot his side, then used his shock and pain to run back and retrieve her sword.

The man dropped to his knees in pain, taken completely off guard by the dagger.” You fucking bitch, you’re gonna pay for that!”

Veronica held her sword firmly. "Don't blame me. Blame your colleagues for teaching me to fight like a bandit. And yourself for letting an enemy get so close so you could get your dick wet. Now, you can't fight like that. Drop your sword. Please... I don't want to kill you."

"Why are you so god damn soft?" A voice came from the side of the room and it was Crixus.

"B...Boss it's not it."

"Shut it you, I'll get back to you in a second." Crixus looked at Veronica with disappointment." Why are you so gods damn soft!" Crixus yelled.

"Being soft and being merciful are not the same things!" She insisted. "This man..."

"This man tried to rape, make you his slave. And you show him mercy, have you lost your damn mind!? Do you have no self respect or is this clouded sense of honor blinded you?"

"Don't talk to me about honor! Your stupid raider honor had you stand there watching while I was attacked, didn't it?! Would you have watched him rape my broken body too?!" She slowly approached the man, sword raised.

"If he would have gotten to a point I would have stepped in, and I recommend you put that sword back in it's holster because unless you plan on killing thin man. Or making some laughable attempt at fighting me you best put your sword down."

"I'm not going to fight you, stupid," Veronica snapped, this suddenly plunged her sword into her attacker's throat. "And I did plan to kill him. It is more merciful then anything you'd do to him."

Crixus looked at Veronica plunging her sword into the man throat, and smiled at the man. He then started to clap his hands." Wow congratulations you killed someone on purpose and not by accident, how do you fell about that?"

"Like I want to throw up." She glared at Crixus. "You know... if Korra was in your place, I'd have no doubt she would help me out of a jam. You? Or any of your people?" She pulled out her sword. "I trust you about as much as I trusted him." She walked over to Crixus and stared into his eyes. "You'll never except me as one of you until I can prove I can fight on my own? Well... I'll never except myself as one of you until I can trust you... and I... do not... trust you. Or your men not to use me. Or Lorica, Wulfric, or Marilith not to stab me in the back just for looking at them wrong." She stomped past Crixus, shoulder checking him as she did.

Crixus couldn't help but smile and say to himself." Her spine is growing, she's slowly changing but she still has that Korra thinking. If she could get rid of that, and understand that no one is coming for her. But time changes everyone." Crixus grabbed the body of the man and walked outside, as he walked towards the gates he saw a newspaper artical mentioning that the queen of Themosa was dead and that the resistance was over. Crixus grabbed the newspaper and returned to camp.

Marilith was stretching out and yawning. "That was too easy. What's the point if we can't raise hell?" She watched Crixus walked over. "Who's that guy? Who'd he die if everyone was asleep? Fall on his own sword?"

"This dumb ass was trying to rape our good buddy Veronica, and she fought and killed this fool."

Lorica and wulfric looked suprised." Wow so she can kill to defend herself i'm shocked to hear that." Wulfric said.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
"Yea and it turns out, apparently Veronica mother died. which is weird."

"How did she die?" The snake woman asked.

"According to this paper she died in her sleep, now we didn't see her when we were talking to the king so I just assumed that her mother was dead for years."

"Humm that is weird that the moment we take Veronica her mother would give herself poison instead of sending bounty hunters after us. Lorica questioned.

"What are you going to say to Veronica," asked Marilith.

"I'll wait it out, until we get what we need from this country." Crixus rubbed her head. "But she did make a great point, tell me all of you what do you think of me giving our people a choice. We can ether keep fighting and raiding tell were eventually hunted down and dead, or pay off our bounty and leave Terra Dorra and make our own home?" Crixus asked his friends.

"Crixus were is this coming from, is Veronica getting to you?" Lorica asked

"No I've been thinking about for a while now, we can't keep doing this forever. with the children we have with us and about five countries wanting our heads what do you all think?"

"I think you shouldn't trust anything that woman says," Marilith said. "No matter what you think, she'll never be one of us. I don't trust her." She rubbed her chin. "Although..."

"Although what, and trust me the feeling is mutual she doesn't trust us ether. But tell me what are you thinking Maralith?"

"Well, I mean..." She shrugged. "I guess it wouldn't... hurt to ask everyone. I..." She looked up at the others. Don't get me wrong, I like you three, and I'll go wherever you guys go. But if you decided to settle down... I wouldn't mind giving Angelika a nice place to live in peace..."

“Well I’m a hunter, I go we’re the food is, but settling down would be nice.” Lorica added.”

“And I will go we’re you all go, besides being with Marilith here and giving Angelika a brother or sister would be nice.” Wulfric added.

Marilith smiled at him, squeezing one of his hands.

"I love you guys your the best crew a man could ever ask for, so here's the plan. We attack the fortress then we go rading the towns doing what we did today. I know you don't like it Maralith I don't ether but we need all the people we can if we plan to save your goddess, once we get the food and money. I will give our people a choice once were done fighting Yig to ether come with us and stop fighting or to leave."

Marilith nodded. "I can assure you most if not all of my Ophidians will stay with us."

"And my tribe men will also stay." Lorica said.

"Huh thanks all of you, for putting my mind at easy. Looks like Veronica was right about something."

That morning the Norscans along with Veronica approached the fortress, and fired barrels of belfire to draw out the solders in the fort. Once out the Norscans would fired fire barreled into the group of soldiers. Crixus Wulfric and Lorica drove right through the soldiers. Wulfric was cutting through the soldiers like a hot knife through butter, Crixus looked like a one man army and Lorica was using her wolf rider to fire arrows into the group of soldiers.

Marilith was a moving cutting machine, slicing down all who stood before her. "Now this is what I'm talking about!"

As the battle was reaching its conclusion, Rebecca the cat Thrope, who was turning into quite the raider herself, ran over to Crixus. "Sir! I found something in the fort! Something bad!"

"Ou great figured that things couldn't have gone this easily, alright tell me what did you find?"

She pulled out a map of the country and placed it on the ground. "Look. These X's? They are all places we have been already. Virandio... h-has been tracking us, following our movements and predicting our attacks." Rebecca swallowed nervously. "A-and this map doesn't show the army positions like I'd expect it to, plus it was right out in the open." She looked up at Crixus. "That means they were either unusually sloppy... or this map was left out as a warning that they're watching us... and are coming for us."

For the first time in this Crixus skin turned pale he balled his fist tight, and called his generals and Veronica around." Ok i'm gonna say this a best I can, ether we have been getting sloppy which were not or We have a mole in our ranks!"

"What are you on about?" Lorica said.

Pulled out a map that Rebecca showed him." This X's are we we've been all over Virandio, which means they know were we are right now." Crixus and looked at Veronica. "Which means, if there is a mole we need to scrub them out."

Veronica backed away. "W-why are you looking at me?"

"Because it's probably you, 'princess'." Marilith pointed two right swords at her. "I knew bringing her along was a bad idea. Let's deal with her right now."

"Calm down I will deal with her, until then count our money and see if Angelica can get in contact with our god friends. I have an idea, now get moving!"

The rest of the leader begrugently left Crixus and Veronica alone. "Ok Veronica i'm gonna say this one time, did you betray us thinking that you could go back to the resistance. Because if you did I have some bad news for you."

"Bad... news?" Veronica took a step back.

"Relax i'm not gonna hurt you, that much. But I need to know if you betrayed us, or do you want the bad news that I gotta tell you first. Hell that might actually be better because you'll be forced to tell the truth." Crixus said in a calm yet cold manner.

"What are you going to..." Veronica shook her head. "I mean, no! No, I didn't betray anyone!"

Crixus looked doubtful but decided to go with it.” Alright I don’t fully believe you but what I have to say will shock you.” Crixus pulled a char for Veronica to sit in.” Veronica I don’t know how to say this but you’re mother is dead.”

Veronica's eyes widened in shock. "N... n-no. You... you're lying. You're trying ro upset me so I'll... so I'll confess. I told you, I'm no mole! I wouldn't even know how to contact anyone!"

“I’m not lying.” Crixus pulled out part of a newspaper, and showed it to her.” It’s not just her ether the resistance is also done for, I didn’t wanna show this to you because I didn’t want you to blame yourself.”

"N-no..." Her eyes read the paper over and over again. This couldn't be true. The resistance being done for could have just been propaganda from her father, but her mother's death was real. There was no reason to lie about that. There was no way to fake it. "No... suicide...?"

Crixus just looked at Veronica.” I’m sorry for your loss Veronica I thought she died years ago and that’s why she wasn’t around when we talked to your dad. I didn’t think she was still alive.”

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Veronica started to cry, her tears staining the paper. "No... this is all my fault!"

Crixus hesitantly hugged Veronica.” It’s not your fault Veronica, Look can’t control things like this but you can’t blame yourself.”

"But it is!" she insisted. "If... if I never betrayed my father's trust, he wouldn't have given me away... and my mother wouldn't have been so depressed! It's all my fault!"

“It’s not your fault, you’re father is a prick that would have kept you in a cell. Look at me, Look at me Veronica!” Crixus forced Veronica to look at him.” Listen to me your not alone here for you, I’m here to help and take care of you understand?”

She slowly nodded, then started sobbing loudly, burying her head against his chest and crying until her throat was hoarse.

He just stood rubbing her head.” It’s okay it’s okay I’m here for you until my men need me to get us out of this mess.”

After a while, she pulled away. "I'm... I... I need to... be alone for a while."

“I understand that, but for the love of the gods don’t don anything stupid.” Crixus left Veronica alone and went to his friends.” Right hows our money situation?”

"Better then it has ever been according to cat girl," Marilith said.

Crixus rubbed his chin.” Alright then I have a plan keep our god friends on standby, I need to do something.” Crixus walked to the highest part of the fort and looked down at his men.

“Listen up there is a mole in our ranks, they have been giving the local army our location for the past few weeks. Now they know we’re here, how many are there I don’t know it doesn’t matter because there is a worst enemy we’re gonna figh an old god in the great dessert. Now for those of you who don’t want to face an old god and think we’re gonna be raiding small village forever, take what you need to survive and leave.” Crixus said looking at his vast army.

There were murmurs amongst the crowd, many looking nervous, especially some of the newer, former slaves. Some did want to keep fighting, others were afraid to admit they didn't as they might be accused of being a mole.

Crixus rubbed his head.” Alright let me say this then, if we do some how defeat this old god we’re leaving this land.” Crixus put his ax down.” We will travel to the great north lands, or the lands to the far west and make a home there, no more raiding no more fighting, I don’t care if there’s a mole in our group. If you want to find a new home with us then stay and help us fight one last battle so we can finally leave this place. If that doesn’t apply to you, take what money you need and get the hell out. I plan on giving a home to those that never truly had one and give them a peaceful life, if you wanna keep raiding go join another raider group.”

Some of the men grumbled and walked off. But a surprisingly large number, at least 97%, stayed, letting out cheers and clapping. It seemed settling down appealed to them more then anyone could have imagined. It made Crixus feel like he was looking at one big extended family.

Crixus grabbed his ax and whipped his face a few tears escaping him as he walked to his friends who were sitting next to the gods.”

“I gotta admit Crixus that was risky, telling everyone about the plan. I’m surprised so many stayed.” Lorica said.

“Yeah now we really are a tribe of brothers and sisters aren’t we.” Wulfric added.

Marilith laughed, none of her Ophidians leaving. "Almost there. Now all we have to do is slay a god..."

“That we do but for now we gotta lay low and gather our strength so we’re ready for him.” Crixus looked at Grimora.” Hay Grimora can I ask a favor can you teleport us to Sarasam, back to the castle that we first used?”

Grimora blinked, and smiled. "Sure thing. Only a few people would look for you there. I'll get you all there in a jiffy."

“Thanks Grimora I Ou you one the rest of you gather the loot food and water, I need to go and check on our guest.”

Crixus walked back to We’re he left Veronica.” Veronica I swear to the gods you better not see your throat slit by the sword I gave you or your dead body, or you that you ran away.” Crixus whispered to himself as he opened the door.

She was sitting in the room, very much alive, though she had a dead look in her eyes. She quickly wiped her eyes when he entered and asked, "H-how did... things go? I heard your announcement from here."

Crixus smiled at the woman.” Come here you beautiful sexy woman.” Crixus rubbed to Veronica and started kissing her lovingly.” You were right my people trusted my judgment only a handful of them left, so many of them just wanna settle down and all the scum in my group is gone. Gods damn I love you and your ideas.” He went back to kissing Veronica being more passionate then the last one.

Veronica kissed him back briefly before looking to the side. "I'm... I'm sorry. I can't."

Crixus looked confused.” What this is great, you said you wanted us to change and I find out that the majority of my people wanna settle down and not fight. And Grimora is gonna send all of us back to our original output sob we can gather our strength.” Crixus then grabbed Veronica waist and brought her closer to him.” This is a time to celebrate so what’s wrong?”

"I'm sorry. I know... I know you want me. And I know you chose me out of all the women you could have..." She looked him in the eyes. "But I still love Korra. I can't betray her like this. Maybe... if things were different between the resistance and your raiders... maybe if she gave permission. But not like this. I... I'm sorry..."

Crixus looked heart broken to hear that, no matter what he would do she would never return his feelings. He kissed her again this time being quick about it.” Ugh still need you to help with the old god fight, after that well I don’t know what to do with you. I guess I could just let you go after our fight.”

She smiled at him, and hugged him tightly. "You... you're really not as bad as you let on, are you?"

“No or at least I try not to my people, and your currently in my care so I’m still gonna train you. Besides if sure if I fight long enough I’ll find someone or not. Figured with you I could make the impossible happen with a princess falling for a raider.”

"Not impossible. Just hard." She smirked. "I saw that cat thrope giving you eyes."

“If she wants me then she can come to me herself, anyway we probably don’t got much time before that army shows up and tries to kill us.” Crixus offered his hand to Veronica.” Come along Then, you’re about to see we’re we came from.”

Veronica gladly took his hard and walked out with him to help every one pack up.

That night when everyone pack there loot and food, Grimora teleported the raiders to Sarasam were they stood outside a gate. Crixus kicked the gate door open and saw that the small village they made outside the castle was still there. And it looked like no one moved into the castle ether.

“Ugh it’s been forever since we been here, welcome home everyone welcome to the birth place of Norsca.” Crixus said.

There were several cheers from the men as tents and fires were set up. Norsca was home... for now.

Black0ut

Frostlich1228 & Black0ut present:
A Titan and the Forest

Titania had ran in remarkable time to Ahusirra's forest, her new God powers proving themselves. "Come on, Ahusirra. We need to talk."

It was quiet, then suddenly a large flower bloomed out of nowhere, the bud opening up to reveal the Goddess. Ahusirra gave her a smile. "Titania. Or should I say, Goddess Titania? It's good to see you."

"Titania is fine and I wish I could say the same. I admit, the cause of my visit isn't too pleasant." Titania started, rubbing her temples. "Just because I became a Goddess doesn't mean the grievances I had with you when I was mortal have disappeared. It means I have to work it out with you. Hence me coming."

"I see. And how do you plan for us to 'Work this out?'" The Nature Goddess asked.

"I see three ways: One, we could fight it out. While that may be cathartic for me, I doubt you'll say the same. Two, we could try diplomatic talking. Not my strong suit, but it may at least render me amicable to you. Three, you owe me another favor. Anything I want this time." Titania offered, crossing her arms. "Personally, I want option three, but everything else works."

"I assume this is because of what happened with Sylvie and Jay, correct?" The Goddess stepped forward.

"Yes, although it's more to do with Jay. I recognized your claim to her early on and was fine to let you do whatever, as long as Jay didn't get hurt. Considering his suicidal nature afterwards, I believe you overstepped." Titania answered, a defiant light in her eyes. "So. Which option do you choose?"

"I'd rather like to discuss it, if I might." Ahusirra sighed. "I'd rather not hurt the newly-minted Goddess and I'm not sure I know you well enough to give you such a powerful boon."

"Fair enough. Keep in mind, we were friends at some point, and even though I want to smash you into a tree or two, I still consider you as such." Titania's attire switched to a black full plate armor set. "So, explain. Why shouldn't I be mad at you?"

"I don't think I can tell the Goddess of Rage to not be angry." Scathatch chuckled lightly. "Honestly. I don't know how much you've been told about what happened in that cave."

"I'm smart. I guessed what happened. Sylvie was a Sylvan, her body lay in a bloody heap. The wound inflicted on her looked to be self-inflicted. And Jay was crying. The only way that would happen is if Sylvie died. So, My guess is that in order to become a Sylvan, you have to kill yourself, probably in a ritualistic manner." Titania replied, raising an eyebrow. "Which would be very dumb, considering the man Sylvie is with was a slave for over forty years and struggles to form personal connections with anyone. Not to mention, his dreams are usually nightmares of his past. Please, I'm all ears." Titania's ears did perk up at her words, almost humorously so.

"Sylvie needed to do it in order to stand a chance against Hastur and protect her people in the future. It's something every one of my daughters must go through. Especially now that we are so weak." The Goddess admitted. "But it's never easy to watch... And it's always hard on the loved one... What Jay went through was unfortunate but that doesn't stop the ritual from being necessary. I tried my best to calm him and explain to him that she wasn't truly dying, but I wasn't getting through to him."

"Let me say this again: I understand why you did it. But again, he was fragile to begin with. Watching Kva die in my arms hurt like hell. Even though she didn't die truly, she did die. I already got the gist of what happened to you, Scathatch, from other gods. You put him into an impossible situation: You made him watch her kill herself. The fact you broke him so extensively that you managed to damage his relationship with your champion and with his friends... He doesn't do anything with nature anymore, despite him loving it. That is why I am upset." Titania said quietly, her eyes flashing feral for a moment. "You didn't hurt Jay; You nearly destroyed him. Almost to the same point those cultists hurt your heart."

She was quiet, dead quiet. "It's something that I regret every time. I regretted it with Sylvie's Father too. I spent a lot of time with Jay before the ritual, I knew it would be hard for him. But it's hard for everyone. I don't expect him to forgive me. But... He did comfort me when I thought I lost my daughter..."

The Goddess shook her head, "But that means I owe Jay. Not you."

"That is true, you do owe him. Greatly. Seeing as you were the only person to restore his trust in the Gods. You managed to make him hate us angels even more." Titania started, staring into the other Goddess' eyes. "Now, I've only gotten him to be okay with me recently, but how long will I have my best friend for, due to your fuck up?"

"My 'Fuck Up?', you understand why I did it correct? And if you were aware that Jay hated Gods..." Ahusirra looked her over. "Then it's not my fault that you decided to become one."

"Maybe so, Ahu. But with Magdalene and me now Goddesses, what do you think will happen with Jasmine? He will teach her to hate you. And now I have no way to make him see reason." Titania pointed out, shaking her head. "Which again stems from your decision. You'll be lucky if he ever comes back here, even more so if his child does. And before you try to take her from him, he has proven himself to be smart and incredibly vengeful."

"And has he considered how Sylvie feels? If he really decides to separate Jasmine from her people, then we might have a problem." She let out a deep sigh. "I have tried to do nothing but support them. To make a difference in the world, unlike the other Gods who almost caused the apocalypse... I want to free the Slaves of the world and give them a new home, put an end to the practices of Helvan and Themosa once and for all. I want to help heal the world."

"To be fair, I do like the idea behind your actions. I think it's noble, what you're trying to do. However, you won't win favor with us- erm - mortals if you hurt them as badly as you did Jay." Titania started stretching, her eyes still on Ahusirra.

"Not everyone is going to like me... I accept that many will even hate me. But Jay... He's so protective... He's been through much pain..." She walked over, sitting upon a nearby mossy log. "He's a lot like me in many ways. Though I think he fails to see it. Perhaps that's why he detests me so much."

"Do you seek to repair your relationship with him?" Titania asked, sitting next to her friend. "I'll help you out if that's what you want, but I'm still gonna slug your arm. So... Why do you want to fix things up with Sancros?"

"Because as I said, we're very similar, we've both been through much pain. We both have a hatred of the world due to the wrongs we have suffered, we both have a darker side." Scathatch admitted. "And I like to believe that he is a decent person. I trust Sylvie's judgement. I merely think he has misunderstood what I want."

Titania disappeared for a moment, reappearing on the Forest Goddess' back, arms gently wrapped around her neck. "He is. He's... Very sweet. He bakes desserts for people he likes, especially when things are rough. He blames himself for things beyond his control... even if means going to war. He acts very stoic and standoffish, but he cares deeply about the people he lets in. To those who get to see that rare side of him... We become defensive. Hence why I was - and still am- upset at you. Jay is a troubled, good man." Titania whispered, her eyes softening. "Your prides are what separate you both. His to see a different kind of world, yours to change it. Let yours go and meet him not as a God, but as a woman, as a friend. He'll be mean and rude, but like any wounded animal, you must weather it to gain his trust."

She lightly smacked the Goddess' head. "Don't mess it up this time, Ahu. Sylvie and I cannot repair the damage a second time."

The Goddess sat quietly, looking down at the dirt below her feet. Something about her softened, she stopped being so standoffish, turning solemn.

After a moment, she looked up, pointing forward at a Maiden tree not far ahead of her, the arms of the Humanoid tree clutched close to it's chest and a mask shaped like an inquisitive Monkey. "Her name is Lania... She was such a soft-spoken girl... Her heart so big it was bursting out of her, she could barely contain her love for everything and everyone. She loved to paint, using dyes from plants she found in the woods. She loved Dandelions... She would paint fields and fields of Dandelions..."

"She loved a Man named Cabil. He was an easy-going guy, he had so much life in him, they fell for each other so hard. They would go on long walks through the night. She loved Unicorns. Unicorns and Monkeys. Monkeys reminded her of Cabil, she said, but she loved them even before they met, it had to be fate."

Ahusirra seemed saddened. "It destroyed poor Cabil. He barely spoke to anyone after that. All he would do was draw. Draw Dandelions. Of course, I tried to let them see each other when they could, but there was so little time, and so much to protect."

"Lania missed him, but she knew she had to be strong to protect him and everyone else. I... Don't like hurting people, Titania... But sacrifice is never easy... Especially when someone has already suffered so much like Jay."

"But I never forget them... Even after centuries... I always remember... I would not be so cruel to forget... I don't want to forget... I loved Lania and Cabil alike, just like I love Sylvie and Jay."

Black0ut

A Titan and the Forest, pt.2

"Then ask for help. You worry endlessly for your people, so scared to lose the last vestiges of someone you loved... I can tell you're not a monster. You're just like him... Different shell, a more regal one... But the same in every regard. You don't want to be hurt anymore, but you don't want to hurt others." Titania appeared in front of her, holding Ahusirra's face. "We all hurt and we all suffer the same. You do not need to be strong everytime someone gets close to you. You are just as much my friend as my love Kva is. There is no difference. So come here... And let all the pain, the heartache, the suffering... The unshed tears you have acquired over the years... Let it all out." The Thrope wrapped her arms around the Goddess, rubbing her back in a soothing manner.

Dark, sap like tears ran down her face. "You had the luxury of being by your loved ones side when she died... And in a way, you got to keep her... I never did, He was there, then he was gone. He didn't even defend himself. They murdered a defenceless man. The kindest, gentlest soul that had ever graced Terra. All I had left was my daughter... And anger. I was so angry. I am so angry. They did it. Those who would destroy this world for profit, those who want to change a world that is already perfect. They killed him. I won't sit idly by while they kill anyone else."

"I know. And they do get their own, as eventually people get tired of them. I may have gotten to watch her as she died... I was not okay. I attacked my ancestor, who defended Sylvie. I would've killed her in my rage and sorrow. I would've killed many in rage, hunted down Alice's army and butchered everyone, children included... but she stopped me. She reminded me that was not who I was, some rageful creature of hate. She died believing in this world, wanting to make it better. Even though I feel that burning rage, that pure unadulterated anger for those who harmed her... That is not how she wanted me to live. And I'm sure he wouldn't want you to be murderous and rageful." Titania's golden eye left a tear trail as she rubbed Scathatch's cheek, wiping away the tears. "Show the world the woman he loved, not the rage and misery that is consuming her."

"I can't... Titania. I can't be the same person that I was all those years ago. I have too much I still have to protect." Ahusirra shook her head.

"Hey... Stop that. I'm here now. I'll help you with your people, and I bet others will gladly offer to help you." Titania kissed her forehead, before booping her nose. "You worry that the outside world is not safe. It never will be, even with every God helping to make it so. But this forest of yours is strong. You have guardians within it. You yourself can be summoned here. Hell, you got me to help you. Stop panicking, or I'll slap you until you beat me up." The Thrope promptly lifted the Goddess up with ease. "Now I'm kidnapping you. Deal with it."

"Yo, Skye! Hold down the fort, your mom is gonna fuckin relax cause she forgot how!"

A Winged, Tan Skinned woman flew down, "I was wondering when you would notice me."

"Daughter help. I am being kidnapped." Scathatch blinked, saying matter of factly.

"Where are you planning to go?" Skye chuckled.

"Well, first a massage parlor in Stormrend, that my best friend and I used to go to. Then, a nail salon in Mirandia, to get her a manicure and a pedicure. Finally, she's going to spend the night at my place." Titania answered merrily, chuckling as she did so. "Nice wings. They're really cute on you."

"Mother doesn't really like civilization. Why're you letting her do this?" The Winged Goddess asked curiously.

Scathatch sighed. "I owe her a favor..."

"One of two. She also owed me and my girlfriend a favor, but I can't say why. That one will come up later." Titania chuckled, shaking her friend a little. "But yeah, I'm kidnapping her for now. I will eventually come back and kidnap you as well. I am a bit of a bossy bitch after all." The Thrope began to blur. "You might wanna land... I'm faster than my mother so I might accidentally knock you out of the sky with my running technique..."

Skye smiled, "I'll race you."

Titania's golden iris seemed to glitter mischievously as she seemed to disappear. "Have it your way..." A cyclone of air seemed to form instantly, threatening to knock Skye out of air before its side bursted open. "Think I should keep going a little slow, Ahu? I'd feel bad if I left her behind..."

Suddenly, a woman on Golden Wings zoomed up next to her, they weren't flapping, they were stationary, propelling her forward at ridiculous speed. "What happened? Run out of steam?"

"No, I just didn't want you to lose sight of me. It'd be bad if my friend got lost because of me. That said, try to keep up if you can~" Titania said with a smile, her next step leaving a small impact crater, forcefully propelling herself away. An afterimage of the two seemed to linger by Skye before fading away.

With one flap, Skye rocketed forward, the air around her rushing in to take the suddenly empty space and creating a loud boom. As the Goddess of Travel flew by Titania, a mach come had formed around her, but they were just going fast enough for the Wolf to see a smug grin on her face.

"Oh-ho-ho! I see you're fast too! Whoever gets to the Stormrend city of Shi-yuuki has to do whatever the other says for a day!" Titania pushed herself to the limit, a cone of her own forming at the cost of a sweaty brow.

As Titania passed her, Skye kicked up her wings one more time, flying straight up and then rocketing across the Sky. A massive explosion of rainbow color shook the ground, and ahead of the bomb of color lay a streak of sparkling condensed water droplets, forming a long white line.

"Show off!" Titania called out, smiling as she sighed, knowing she would lose the race. "Oh well... Not the first time I've lost. And you're still worried about your tribe? I think they'll be fine with us three protecting them, Ahu."

"Well. She is the Goddess of Travel now. Still... Strange to see her that way..." Ahusirra explained. "But it's not just my people that I have to protect. I need to stop Civilization from destroying everything my love died for."

"They cannot destroy nature. There are enough nations that protect forests and jungles. To destroy nature would be to declare war on the Gods themselves. However... forcefully changing their views will not make them any less destructive... I'd be willing to bet that you would make them hate nature even more. Ease them into it... You have hundreds, if not thousands of years to plan this out. So stop trying to force everyone to change... Again, because this is not who you are. My friend is still a sweet, thoughtful and caring soul, and while she can be a raging bitch at times, she forgets to lower her emotional shell so everyone can see the inner beauty she has." Titania practically whispered, a hand brushing Ahusirra's cheek.

"And before you try to say you can't be that person anymore, you have, on multiple occasions, done exactly that. Maybe not for long, but you have been that way. So, young lady, you will listen to me."

"And what happens when we reach the point of no return?" Ahusirra sighed grumpily.

"It won't happen. Bevland loves its forests and the Jungle kingdom will never be conquered. Keep in mind that only a couple of countries are self-destructive. The rest coexist or protect it." Titania countered, shaking her head slightly. "Coming from mortals, I can assure you the situation isn't as bad as you think. Although a few more oasis in Kemar would help greatly. They need a bit of greenery, but keep parts of their desert. You wouldn't want to destroy their culture and piss off several Old Ones, right?"

"It won't happen. That kind of attitude is what allows tragedies to happen in the first place." Scathatch pointed out.

"Considering I've walked among them, worked with leaders of state, seen the worst this world has to offer... I can say without hesitation that you're worries are almost unfounded." Titania said with a sigh, her voice more stern. "You have not been among us in a very long time. You guess how the world works based off your champions. The fact is, you no longer have personal experience with this world and no longer know how countries operate. Truthfully, only Themosa and Fairaven abuse nature... yet you make it sound like the world hates nature, and by extent, you. We don't at all."

"Well. You're not exactly part of the world anymore, are you? Little Goddess, you haven't seen anything yet. I see everything. I feel everything. I know... More than anyone..." Ahusirra chastised her.

"I've seen bigotry and racism in Themosa and Stormrend. I've had assassins after me since I was eighteen. I got to see slaves broken with no light in their eyes. I've seen many injustices in this world with my short life and read many more." Titania countered, slowing down as they began to approach the town. "Don't discredit my words by mentioning my age. That is below you... Aren't you supposed to be relaxing, Ahu?"

Black0ut

A Titan and the Forest, pt.3

"One of your friends burned one of my daughters alive. And I felt it. I feel it every day. I'm always in pain, Titania. I've just gotten used to it." She sighed. "I don't think there I'd any kind of relaxing for me."

"Firstly, Tack wasn't my friend, he was an acquaintance. Betty and Veeti were his friends. Secondly, bullshit. You can relax, you actively choose not to. And I understand it's hard with pain delivered to your descendants that you receive as well, but you can't be Forest Goddess Scathatch all the time. You also need to be Ahusirra the woman, the jovial, the goofy. You protect many, but you neglect yourself. I don't want to see you lose yourself entirely. I care too much about you, Ahu." Titania came to a stop, groaning as she saw Skye, closing her eyes as soon as she did so. "A deal's a deal... I owe you a favor. Even though I loathe how fast you are..."

"Sorry. Goddess of Travel now. I'm not about to let you beat me at my own game." Skye chuckled.

"Still, considering I'm probably the second fastest in the Pantheon, I'm your only real rival and I trail literal leagues behind you." Titania opened her eyes and stuck out her tongue. "Guess I'm paying for everyone's massage. Although we should look mortal, people... And Ahu, I already heard the tale of you flashing Sancros. Make sure you add clothes."

"Fine Fine..." Scathatch morphed into a tan skinned woman like Skye, but with a simple, extremely basic dress. Meanwhile Skye transformed her elaborate clothes into a Simple Shirt and Jeans, hiding her wings as well.

Titania's metal armor merely turned into plain old leather armor. "Alright! Time for Girls' day out!" The Thrope woman wasted no time grabbing both women's hands, dragging them onwards. "And no fighting anyone, okay? They don't tend to like any other races save humans and elves, but technically being a noble has its privileges."

They passed through most of the town without many reactions from the townspeople. However, an older man, a guard for the city began following them, seemingly annoyed at Titania's presence.

"Friend of yours?" Scathatch asked.

"Nope. Probably a racist. Pay him no mind." Titania replied back, before giggling loudly and revealing her posh noble accent. "Skye, I am still amazed that you managed to beat me. I thought my carriage would be faster... I'm still happy you agreed to help me find a suitable massage parlor. You would not believe the quantity of low-class establishments in even large cities like this one."

The guard looked surprised, but quickly picked up a bored look, no less hatred still on his face.

Ahusirra leaned in, "Should I just deal with him?"

"No. This is politeness to what I'm used to." Titania whispered back, before loudly saying. "No, they do use all natural ingredients in the oils. None of that new synth crap."

The guard slowed, trailing behind even further.

Ahusirra cleared her throat. "Yes. Quite. I cannot let any of that unnatural oil touch my perfect skin!"

The guard grunted before walking off.

"Whew... He was an ass." Titania sighed, relieved that she didn't have to start a fight. She paused, as she had nearly passed the massage parlor. "And here we are ladies! Go on in, I got a running deal with them."

"So... What do they... Do here?" Scathatch asked confusedly.

Titania closed the door behind them. "They put their hands on you and press into your back, shoulders, neck and legs. Hope you guys got on underwear and a bra..." Titania explained somewhat, removing her armor to reveal a black shirt and a pair of short shorts, before shedding those for a red bra and a simple black pair of panties.

"I learned my lesson after Jay took me out..." Scathatch chuckled.

Titania chuckled as well. "He was so embarrassed. He barely could talk about it when I asked, more mumbles and grumpiness than anything else. You'll have to tell me the story later, A-... Hmm... I should make a new nickname. I think Twigs or sca is apropos."

"Nickname? I thought Ahu was fine." The Goddess sighed.

"True, but Ahusirra isn't your real name. I'd rather a nickname based on teasing remarks or a shortened bit of your name." Titania pointed out, poking the woman's nose before repeating the action to her daughter. "Feel free to give me a nickname if you want."

"Skye?" She chuckled. "Does it really need to be shortened?"

"Nah, but I like making nicknames."

A short woman came forward smiling. "Ah, Ms. Regallis! Pleasure to see you! The usual for you and your friends?"

"Yup, but they're new to being massaged."

"Oh, that's fine. New customers are very interesting, always flustered normally." The woman waved her hand before turning towards the other two goddesses. "What are your names?"

Ahusirra stepped up, "I am Annabelle."

"And I am Morrigan." Skye replied.

"Follow me, you are going to get full body massages, as is Tania's regular." The woman said as she turned around and started walking. Titania followed, shrugging as she did so.

Ahusirra sighed while Skye seemed more intrigued, following the woman.

They arrived at a door that opened into a fairly large room with three long, padded tables. The woman gestured towards the masseuse tables. "Lay face down on those and someone will come to massage you. Feel free to take your bras off when you lay down." The woman walked back out the door before closing it, seemingly offering some privacy.

Titania shrugged, taking her bra off and setting it beside one of the tables. "Come on, take it off." Titania murmured to her friends as she laid down properly on the table, her head above the padded hole for it.

"Uh... Is this a mating thing? Because I'm not interested in that." Ahu spoke Truthfully.

Titania rolled her eyes and turned to the side to look straight at the Goddess. "No, and I feel I should be offended. I already heard your history and wouldn't dare set you up... have a little faith in someone who is a friend of yours." Titania scolded, a stern look on her face that few save Faith and Andy had seen.

"I don't know your proclivities. This could be how you pass time." Ahusirra shrugged, looking around to make sure no one was watching as she made her top vanish.

Skye just shrugged as she quickly removed her own top, like she had seen her mother's chest a thousand times, in fact, she had.

"If I was going to pass the time, I'd have challenged you to a sparring match. You'll find I'm a very simple creature, Ahu. I just like fighting and hanging out with my friends." Titania started before laying back down, her voice a bit muffled. "Besides, if I was going to introduce you two to sexual things, I'd've taken you to a fancy whorehouse in Bevland."

"I thought this was a Whorehouse." Scathatch told her, sighing and laying on the table.

"Miss Annabelle, you are officially receiving a noogie from me at full speed." Titania warned, before her sad emotions bled through onto her face, which was hidden by the head hole. "I mean, I never said whorehouse... Just a massage parlor and a couple other niceties. I'm tempted to ask if you just think my mind's on sex all the time..."

"It isn't?" She chuckled lightly.

"Imma smack you if you don't quit." Titania grumbled lightheartedly before a knock on the door came.

A high-pitched feminine voice rang out, "Misses Annabelle, Morrigan, and Titania? Are you ready for us to come in?"

Titania raised her head looking at her friends on either table. "Are we, ladies?"

Skye and Scathatch looked at each other, nodding as 'Annabelle' spoke up. "Yes. We are."

The door opened as three people entered, two men and a woman. The men went over to Titania and 'Morrigan' while the woman attended 'Annabelle'. The woman seemed eager to massage the Goddess in disguise, putting some oil on her hands before rubbing them together. Placing her hands on Ahu's back, she began the deep tissue massage that would be the type that all of them would have.

The man massaging Skye suppressed a chuckle before he applied a lavender smelling oil to her back. He promptly got to work trying to get all the kinks in her back out.

Titana's masseuse grumbled under his breath before he applied a vanilla-scented oil to her, before doing the same as his co-workers.

The former Thrope sighed happily, before speeding her mouth up so the mortals couldn't hear her. "How do you guys feel?"

Skye tried the same trick. "It's nice... Your servants are phenomenal."

Ahusirra blinked, then a voice popped into their heads, her lips unmoving. "It's... Mmm... It's weird..." Meanwhile the masseuse was having a hard time working the many kinks out of Scathatch's back.

"Not my servants... These people do it for a living." Titania corrected, before her masseuse managed to pop her back. "Ahhh... W-what do you mean by weird, Ahu?"

Skye's masseuse masterfully popped her spine into alignment, seemingly trying to get her to relax.

Scathatch's struggled, resorting to gently using her elbows to get the kinks out faster.

"It's... I don't know how to describe it..." She spoke.

"Does it feel good?" Titania asked, her eyes going half-lidded.

The masseuses continued their work, applying more oil to each Goddess as the two men tried to make their charges fall asleep.

Skye actually seemed to be enjoying it quite a bit, her body relaxing, but Scathatch's refused to fall asleep.

"Yoooou gotta relax, Ahu..." Titania whispered, her voice still accelerated, promptly before she gave in to enjoy the massage.

The masseuse working Ahusirra's back sighed, going for her shoulders. "What's bothering you?" The woman asked with a sigh.

"I... There's a lot of stress in my life that I'm thinking about..." The Goddess of Flora and Fauna sighed. "I'm always stressed."

Black0ut

A Titan and the Forest, pt. 4

"Well, that's vague... But you can't always worry about every tiny or big thing that happens. You need to take time for yourself, so that when you come back to your problems, you do so with a clear mind and a renewed will." The woman offered softly, gently massaging Ahu's back. "Allowing your stress to overtake you not only hurts you physically, but mentally and emotionally. So let go of those worries of yours for a half hour, let yourself relax..."

Ahusirra motioned for the masseuse to get closer, whispering to her. "Have you... Ever made a choice to do something that most people would disagree with... For the sake of your Family? For the sake of what you believe in?"

"I have. I've had that happen multiple times. Each time, I asked myself 'what the hell are you doing, Janette? This will affect many people, not just you'." The woman whispered back, her tone somber. "Each time, I tried hardening myself so I could do what I needed to, but I kept losing a bit of myself each time. Only when I took a moment did I realize what I needed, not what I had to do."

The woman kept up her massage, offering a small smile. "So rest for a moment, Annabelle, so you can make better decisions."

Ahusirra was quiet for a moment, letting out a deep breath, her muscles finally relaxing.

The masseuse smiled. "There you go..." The woman popped the Goddess' spine into alignment as well as popping each vertebrae. She went for her shoulders next, pressing a tad bit harder, trying to work out her strongest kinks.

"Ah!... Mnn... You're pretty good at that..." Ahusirra chuckled lightly.

"A few years with this job and you can get all the kinks out of someone's back." Janette said softly, adding more oil as she continued. "Just so you know, when we're done, you should take a nap, okay? It'll help with the mental and emotional stress, okay?"

"I guess... Perhaps..." Scathatch sighed. "I don't even remember when I slept last... B-Because I'm so busy all the time."

"Well, take a day or two for yourself. You can always come back to deal with your problems..." The woman paused as her arm seemed to stop dead. "Apologies... I'll get someone else to massage you..." The arm seemed to move off of the Goddess and if she turned her head, she would see the girl's arm was disconnected at the elbow, the lifelike prosthetic malfunctioning in her other arm.

The Goddess seemed confused. "What happened?"

"Oh, my arm. Fritzed out again. I'm terribly sorry about this, Annabelle." The woman apologized, bowing somewhat deeply.

"No... It's okay..." Scathatch spoke, sad that she had to go.

"Tell you what..." The woman set down the now spasming arm down and took out a pen and paper. She wrote what looked to be an address. "To make up for this, stop by my house. I'll give you a free massage." She laid it next to Ahu's cheek, before grabbing her other arm, the man massaging Titania going over to open the door for Janette.

Before she left, she called out, "And remember to take a nap when you can." And with that, she was gone. The man who massaged Titania took over for his female counterpart, as Titania seemed to be asleep, but with Scathatch's knowledge, was merely relaxing.

He didn't have the same touch she had, maybe she would take her up on the offer.

In time, another masseuse came to massage Ahu, freeing the other one up to return to Titania. Eventually, all three left, leaving the women to relax and put their garments back on when they were ready to leave.

"So... Did I pick a bad spot, Ahu? Skye? Or did I pick out a good one?" Titania asked, standing up to stretch, still topless.

"I thought It was nice." Skye smiled.

Scathatch was just silent however, thinking to herself.

"A copper for your thoughts, Ahu?" Titania asked, as she put her bra back on, and materialized her clothes back on.

"I don't have any use for money. But... This has put a few things into perspective for me. I... I need time to be alone." Ahusirra told them.

"Alright. Just remember: I'm expecting to hang out with you again." Titania replied, before glancing at Skye. "Feathers, still got some time? I had at least one another place we could head to if you're up for it...?"

Skye nodded, "Sure. I'm free."

Titania nodded, before patting Ahusirra's back. "Be safe wherever you head off to." Titania grabbed Skye's hand, leading the taller woman out towards their next adventure, leaving Scathatch to her thoughts.

Last edited:

Black0ut

Frostlich1228 & Black0ut
An Important Talk

Titania sat waiting in her more majestic home, clad in a simple leather armor. Her home, however, was incredibly bare. It was Spartan; devoid of any kind of decoration, but contained all of the necessities. Titania did have chairs for meeting others, but this would be her first time using them for such a situation. She waited for her guest to arrive, but knew she would arrive soon.

Suddenly, like the phantom she was, Kva appeared in the chair, empty one second, full the next. The Dhampir smiled softly, "Hello. You look wonderful."

Titania waved a hand, trying to wave away the compliment that made her smile. "You'd say that if I was wearing the ugliest dress in the world." The Goddess shook her head slowly. "And believe me, if I could kidnap your beautiful self for a week, I would."

"Sadly. The Job keeps me very busy..." Kva sighed. "But it's always wonderful to see you again."

"And you as well, Dhampy. But," Titania started, her posture becoming more formal as her voice seemed to grow more anxious, "there was a reason I'm in this chair. I do... No, I want to ask you something... But I'm afraid I already know the answer you'll provide, and fear we may end up with our second argument... And as you know, I don't like fighting with you..."

Kva took off her helmet, giving her a soft look. "What's wrong?"

The new Goddess looked nervous, a hand instinctively rubbing her ear. "I wish I could be drunk for this." She murmured, before shaking her head, her eyes darting around her room to avoid looking at Kva. "I-I... So Kva... Did you k-know that Goddesses can make babies with other Goddesses?"

"I mean. I figured. Yes." She said with a blank expression.

"W-well, there's a special p-process that goes with it, collecting genes from b-both parties. T-this works with anything, from monsters to... s-sp..." Titania went silent, her anxiety still managing to get at her. The Thrope seemed to disappear into the open kitchen that was nearby, pouring a cup of water for herself.

"Is Ranseca pregnant or something?" Kva raised an eyebrow.

Titania downed the cup, before turning around. "Nope. With my dad, but if they have a kid, it'll be a miracle." Titania started before she realized something. "Kva, go into your more Reaper form and try to grab my soul. That'll... Explain a lot."

She raised her eyebrow higher but played along, her hand becoming whispy and ghost like as she reached out. However, her hand almost shot back, like a force was keeping her out. "What... I... I don't understand."

"You should start by asking 'Who's house is this', Kva." Titania advised, a hand holding her shoulder as the Titania in the kitchen faded away.

"Why're you being so Cryptic?" The Dhampir looked behind her.

"Seems someone doesn't like reversed situations..." Titania teased, wrapping her arms around Kva. "This is my official home, and I cannot age or be claimed by Taydar, which means...?"

"You're... You took Atherella's offer..." Kva sighed lightly. "You could've asked what I thought about it."

"I kinda was taken by my mother, and went up to her. Kind of a answer on the spot occasion. Sorry." Titania kissed Kva's cheek, promptly before she reappeared across Kva's lap. "But I can ask now. What do you think about me being a Goddess?"

"I... I'm happy for you... Although, part of me had wanted to join you in the afterlife... I guess dying was never really an option for either of us huh?" Kva chuckled.

"Apparently not... At least I get to have you in some format. Even though I have a hard time keeping up with your skills in snuggling." Titania started lightheartedly, her expression faltering as she paused. Looking up at her fiance, the anxiety and nervousness came back. "So... Do you recall what I said earlier?"

"About Goddess having..." Kva frowned, shaking her head. "Titania... No... I..."

"Please? The thought was there before you became a Reaper..." Titania pleaded, her heterochromatic eyes staring into Kva's. "And I promise you that this would be the only time I'll ask. I'll never bring it up again, but... just... don't say no without talking about it..."

"Titania..." She lowered her head. "I'm not alive... I'm dead... I know you can still talk to me but my time is over. The Dead shouldn't make new life."

"I know. Gods, I know. I cried for who knows how long, heartbroken. I became a twisted parody of myself, full of rage and anger, anger that the one person who had loved me despite my flaws died while I could do nothing but hold her and watch." The room seemed to grow darker and gained a red tint to it, as Titania's fist closed shut, her knuckles turning white, a bit of blood leaking from her hands. "I would've killed Sylvie had my ancestor not taken the full brunt of my rage, for giving me false hope when none of it would've brought you back. I would've slaughtered the Norscans to the last man, woman, and child for what they did. I would've set the world on fire and reveled in its destruction."

The room returned to normal as she calmed down. "But you talked me out of it." Titania whispered, closing her eyes. "And technically, the dead can. To become a vampire, you first have to die, which makes them technically dead creatures. Vampires can have children with anyone else, resulting in Dhampirs, half living, half dead."

Kva wrapped her arms around Titania. "You showed me the good in the world. And I was half living and half dead... But now, I'm no longer alive. Normally I wouldn't have even considered children... but I would've with you..."

"But now... I don't think I'd even be able to take care of her. I have too much to do with my afterlife. She'd grow up with only one parent..."

Titania silently fought against her emotions, knowing full well if she didn't, tears would cascade down her face. "She'd have two. I'm still working for Mr. Shy face, and now that I am a Goddess, a week of me working is worth quite a lot. Enough that are child could have two parents raising her." Her voice held a bit of shakiness to it despite it being warm. Her hands held a powerful, yet gentle grip to them as if Titania was afraid to let go of Kva.

"I just... I don't want people thinking I'm still... Alive... Even if I'm doing a bad job if it... But I had to step in and help you, you were hurting so much..." Kva closed her eyes. "But now the others at Havenbrook know. I imagine Faith knows. My Dad knows... But I'm still just dead..."

"I know you are no longer alive. Most can understand that you aren't by looking at you. It's not that you're dead that hurts people, it's the fact that they can no longer see you, that someone they care about can no longer keep them going." Titania said softly, tilting her head up to kiss Kva's cheek. "Death is natural and all accept it. Losing the soul attached to the body? That's the painful aspect of it that no mortal or immortal wants to experience."

"Maybe you're right... Maybe I should just accept this extra chance..." Kva's eyed darted to the side.

"Does that mean..." Titania moved back to look into Kva's eyes, "you're okay with it? I don't want you to feel that I'm forcing you into this..."

"Well you're kinda tying my hands you." Kva pinched her cheek playfully.

Titania sighed, before she poked Kva's nose. "You're hard to argue with, Dhampy. Very hard, because I tend to feel guilty. Now, I know it's your master plan." Titania murmured playfully, before getting up and heading towards the kitchen. "Would you like anything to eat or drink? I can practically make anything, so you can get anything you want."

"Still a ghost." Kva joked.

"So you're saying I can't do anything physical to you?" Titania started, her words tinged with playful sassiness. "Funny, I seem to remember someone crying out when I licked her too much. Want a sandwich then?"

"I'm not saying that." She laughed. "I'm saying I don't need to eat. But yes, sure."

Black0ut

An Important Talk, cont.

Titania left several afterimages as she hurried herself to her task. "So... Question. Or rather questions. What should we name our baby? And should we start her out as a baby? She technically wouldn't age unless I asked Mevah and Taydar for help. Finally, are you sure you're okay with it?" Her distorted voice almost indecipherable, before a plate seemingly floated in front of Kva, what looked to be a BLT with a glass of red wine next to it.

"That is an odd combination..." Kva chuckled, picking it up and looking at it strangely. "You know. I've never had a Hamburger."

"It's a sandwich, trust me. the food decorum lessons drilled into my head what most foods are..." Titania shivered next to Kva, her afterimage in the kitchen fading. "But try a bite. Tell me if I need to do better the next time around."

She brought to the up to her mouth, her lips pressing into it and giving it a little chew, it was good, but when she went to swallow it just fell through her body.

Titania caught it and paused, a curious look on her face. "Well, this certainly is interesting... Why does some parts of your spirit have more physical properties, while others don't...?" Titania mused, promptly before shaking her head. "I've been spending too much time with Sancros..."

"I think I need to actively focus on a body part to give it tangibility... I'm not sure I have organs anymore either..." She sighed.

"Well, yeah... Your physical organs won't be present because your body's in a crypt. But, I could ask around the Pantheon to see if there is a way for you to gain more control over your intangibility." Titania offered, the plate making its way over to the counter. "That way, you can enjoy your afterlife a bit more, and I can start tickling you again."

"Heh... Yeah... Oh. I never asked, was my funeral nice?" Kva smirked.

"It was. I cried during my eulogy, as did Faith with hers." Titania said quietly, her eyes taking on a sadder hue to them. "Your father hugged me and I apologized to him for how I acted in the castle. Your mother didn't show up, more than likely busy running Draculesti." Titania transformed into her wolf form, but was far larger, almost the size of a horse. She had red, runic patterns over her fur and seemed to be more feral.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that. I'm sorry I put you all through that." Kva sighed sadly.

The Goddess reformed, only a simple pair of briefs and a shirt being her chosen clothes. "It's... Well, it was something, but it was out of your control. I can't, and won't, blame you for dying. That wouldn't be right." Titania replied, holding out a hand for Kva. "I do have something to show you... If you're interested."

"Of course " The Dhampir smiled.

Titania led her upstairs, revealing a somewhat messy room that had used paint canisters, several easels of different sizes covered up with canvas cloth. The Thrope paused as she saw a small painting, easily the smallest one since it could be placed in a pouch.

The image was set in a room, Kva without her helmet. She looked a bit tired, but she smiled softly, rubbing a sleeping Titania's head, the Thrope practically trying to cuddle. "I... had some free time. Rather, I have a lot of free time. I figured I'd make you something for your travels and before you say you can't, it's specifically designed for spirits which means the moment you grab it, it'll remain incorporeal unless you will it to become physical. At least that's what my aunt Sab said via my mom."

"That's... How did you even do this..." Kva stepped into the room, looking around.

"I'm the second fastest Goddess in the Pantheon, I think I can do quite a bit to surprise you." Titania pointed out, looking away as she mumbled something incoherent. Looking up at her Fiance, "But what's got you so amazed? I only painted a memory of mine..."

"It's beautiful." Kva laughed softly, it was almost cute. "I love you Titania... And I think I've decided on a name..."

Titania wrapped her arms around Kva, smiling up at her. "And what name would that be?"

"What about Shiva?" The Dhampir rubbed Titania's head.
Titania sighed happily as Kva scratched behind her ears. "That would be a lovely name for our daughter..."

"Really? Are you sure?" She leaned her head into hers.

"I am." Titania said softly, practically melting as she kissed Kva gently. "I love you, Kva. With all my heart and soul."

"Forever and always. My beloved." Kva returned the kiss, happier that she had been in a long time.

Black0ut

Dire Trauma

Shini was curled up in his safehouse, tucked into a corner next to a bed. He was far more skinny than he had been and had dark sunken eyes. He looked frail, far more frail than he ever had, as if a stray wind might kill him. he had tear-stains that seemed to come from days of crying. He, for lack of a better word, looked as if he was dying. In truth, he was as he had stopped eating and drinking water for three days. His eyes closed as he tried to get torturous memories out of his head.

Suddenly it was then that a familiar portal opened up in the corner of the room, Anaqua stepped out, prepared for a fight. "Shini? Where are you?" They spoke in a feminine voice.

Shini didn't answer, partially because of his catatonic state and partially because he was so dehydrated, his vocal cords couldn't produce a sound. He opened his eyes, vaguely aware someone was trying to find him.

The Illithid pulsed out a sphere of magic, quickly locking onto him, walking up and kneeling down. "Shini. What happened?"

His eyes panned up to look at Anaqua, but despite it being a very haunted and perturbed look, there was endless amounts of pain in his eyes. He still didn't say a word, but reached out a more bony hand towards the Illithid, slowly and with the cracking of unused joints and ligaments.

The Illithid sighed, picking him up gently, "You are going to explain this."

Shini tried to speak, but a raspy crackle was all that came out. He tried again, this time a more gargled version due to blood escaping was his reply. His eyes slowly closed as he passed out again, his body going limp. He may not have been the heaviest of men but even he had some weight to him, but now he was incredibly light, almost horrifically so. As his shadows faded, Anaqua could see just how near death Shini was. Another day and her pupil would have perished.

She quickly teleported out and back to her hide away, giving her a sad look.

When Shini woke up he was on a stone table with pillows under him keeping it from being too uncomfortable, not too far away was Anaqua, working on a magical artifact of some variety. Looking at himself it looked like he had been healed, or at least given plenty of food an water, but he had no way of knowing how long he was asleep.

Sam tried to slide off the table, but promptly fell, his legs still incredibly unsteady. A brief grunt of pain and a silent swear, Shini used the table to stand up and steady himself. "Can I be assistance, Anaqua?" He croaked out, his voice still raspy and damaged.

They turned around to look at him, floating him up gently with their magic and putting Shini back on the table. "You can help by not moving..."

"As you wish, Master" A pause. "Why did you come for me?"

"Well... Your soul was getting progressively weaker and into dangerous levels... I figured someone was keeping you captive and starving you to death, so I made my way over to you." Anaqua spoke honestly.

"Fair." Shini said quietly, his arm shaking as another memory hit him. A shadow restrained it quickly. "But not the case. Anaqua... you've known me for a long time. You know that I... have old mental scars. What would... happen if they... reopened and the pain coming back all at once, do you suppose?"

"So... You had a kind of mental break? I don't suppose my sister was involved was she?" Their voice switched to masculine.

"No, but out of your siblings, Xelia is somewhat friendly, and less likely to attack as I've helped out with saving the world. No... The... Fault is mine. I did some of my skulduggery and poked a new Goddess-type bear. She... Brought back memories. Times before you... Times-" Shini noticed some liquid near his eyes that had appeared. He wiped it away as he continued. "When I could do nothing but watch."

"Is she a threat?" Anaqua turned their body around.

"Yes, but the extent will have to be up to you. She did... hurt me mentally." Shini whispered. "She's as strong as the original Pantheon members, doesn't follow the rules set in place, and is bound to be a problem, even among her own people. But... The ability to bring a copy of someone you loved long dead back to life for a short period of time..." Shini stared up, the pain of his past pecking at him.

"Interesting." Anaqua was quiet for a moment before asking simply. "Are you okay?"

"No." Shini opened his mouth to explain, but gritted his teeth, trying to battle his demons. Finally, he succeeded, his voice barely audible. "I... I recall everything in burning detail. Yig torturing me to toughen me up. My... Moth-... Watching her die then be warped into a Golem. It... Hurts..."

"Can I do anything to lessen it?" Anaqua closed it's eyes.

"Short of killing me to stop the memories repeating endlessly? I... Don't know." A tear fell out of his eye, plopping onto the table, his gaze still up at the ceiling.

"You are strong Shini. That is why I took you in. Do not dwell on this but use it to strengthen your convictions." The Eldritch being advised.

"I am ripped apart, Anaqua. Mentally. Emotionally. I am... too damaged to be repaired quickly or efficiently. I am worthless to you now." Shini swallowed hard, a tinge of pain from his own words. A hand rested on one of his flintlock pistols. "Should... I eliminate myself so you may get a better tool?"

"What are you talking about?" Anaqua telepathically launched the gun away. "Enough of that."

"It'll take me at least a year to be okay enough to be useful to you." Shini said, his voice no longer a whisper as he looked at Anaqua. "A year is a long time to have something useless. You'd be better off with a new tool, someone who can do better. I recommend Locus. She's a few years older, and more skilled." Shini reached for his second pistol.

"I said stop it Shini!" He threw the other one away, sighing. "I don't care how useful to are."

Shini forced himself up, his normally emotionless face filled to the brim with pain. "You raised me to be a weapon. Every time I fucked up, you disciplined. Whenever you needed something, I did it. I've only been a tool for you and that was fine. The first person to show me decency since my Yig ripped apart my mother... Who gave me a place to live and food to eat." His voice was raised, the first time he ever had done so. "But I am now spent, broken. Keeping me when I serve no use to you anymore makes no fucking sense. You don't love me, I don't do anything more than be there when you need me... So why? Why aren't you tossing me out when you should? Why...?" Tears trailed down his face, a hand gripping his hair tightly enough for his knuckles to go white. He gritted his teeth and lowered his head, trying to avoid looking at Anaqua.

"If you want to leave that badly... I won't stop you..." Anaqua pointed out. "But I would like you... To stay..."

"Why? What reason could you have for wanting me to stay?" Shini asked, his voice going back to being quiet.

"Because... I..." It switched back to feminine. "Err... You frustrate me so much Shini... But... I can't deny that I... Enjoy having you around..."

The assassin shakily rubbed the tears away, his eyes red and serpentine before they shifted to just being red, puffy human eyes. "Then I will stay my hand... I don't want to hurt you..." He said softly, laying back down. "Even though you don't love me, I do love you. You're my mom and dad, the only parent I have. S-so... I'll try to be as strong as I can."

She sighed. "I do love you Shini. There. I swear to Cthulhu himself I will destroy you if you make fun of me."

Shini blinked rapidly, clearly surprised. It took him a couple moments to process what she had said. Another couple of moments before he spoke. "I wouldn't ever do that. I don't like upsetting you..." He said quietly, his tired eyes losing focus. "Besides... You haven't made fun of me because of Yig... Or when my eyes become more serpent than human..."

"I've had many apprentices. Many more slaves. But I've never had a connection with one as much as I have with you." Anaqua admitted, turning away again.

Shini reached into his side pocket, pulling out a necklace. It seemingly glowed. "I... Got you... Something." Shini said, fighting off unconsciousness.

Anaqua caught him again, sighing as he laid him back down on the bed. "What am I to do with you?"

"Who... Knows..." Shini joked, a weak grin on his face. "Magic... Reflector... Should help..."

"You're going to be resting. Understand?" The Illithid looked down at him.

"As... You... Wish..." Shini murmured out before his mind left, the magic reflecting necklace nearly falling out of his hand.

Black0ut

New Plans, Formed Tactics

Titania lazed in her bed, not wanting to move. She had managed to secure a few days off for Kva and was happy to have the Reaper in her bed, hence her hesitation. They had snuggled all night, with the Thrope being the little spoon and the Reaper, with a little help from Methos, had fallen asleep holding Titania. Nothing could dissuade Titania from getting up.

There was slight knock at the door, the someone was trying to be very polite.

Annoyed that she was being interrupted, and proven wrong, Titania snuck out of her bed, only a loose shirt and her underwear on as she went downstairs. "Yes?" She whispered as she opened the front door, doing her best to not wake up her fiancé.

"It's Mags... Um... Do you have a moment to talk?" The Sheep whispered.

Titania's golden eye seemed to glow for a moment before she sighed. Shifting into more normal clothes she stepped out. "I do, Magdalene. What's up?"

"Oh. First of all, congrats on becoming a Goddess." The Sheep chuckled awkwardly.

"Thanks... Good job yourself." Titania replied, rubbing her ear out of habit. "We, uh, haven't really talked much, you and I, have we?"

"I..." Mags looked up briefly. "Wow... I don't think we have... Weird... I'm really close with Jay."

"Same... guess we were too busy to properly have a conversation..." Titania mused before shaking her head. "But what's up? You need me for something?"

"I need to ask you... It's kind of a favor? But I'm sure you'll agree with me all the same." Mags looked off to the side.

"Sure. As long as it doesn't interfere with me going back inside to snuggle Kva, then I'm game to help."

"How much do you know about the Thrope Rebellion and their leader Korra Devolina?" The Sheep asked.

Titania eyes narrowed, as her voice lost the cheerful tone it had. "Did something bad happen to them?"

"Well... Yeah... Something did..." Mags sighed sadly. "Korra got captured by a very cruel and evil person. He also hurt a lot of other good people..."

"Bethany." Titania said with an aura that started to tint everything near her a blood red. "How is she?"

"Not good... She was crippled by Grey, she can't walk... But I think most of the damage is mental, she's extremely depressed, she wants to die." Magdalene admitted truthfully.

The aura was almost a palpable, physical thing. Titana's golden eye glowed eerily, as her rage built up. "I'll ensure she doesn't. As for this... Grey. Would you care to give me some details about him?"

"He's the head of the Argus Mercenary Company... A Hunter Guild in Themosa. But... Jerin'dek and Xia'tar won't let me or anyone else stop him, Gods aren't allowed to interfere..." The Bard seemed extremely tired and frustrated.

"Interfere, but not influence. I control rage and can influence others to embrace their rage, making them better at Fighting. That... And I'm still linked to Mortal affairs. I could get my house along with Andy's Harpies to attack, and with rage, kill all of Argus guarding Korra."

"Maybe. But that could still be considered interfering... That's why I want to join me when I confront The King and Queen about doing more as Gods." Magdalene asked the Wolf Goddess, giving her a soft smile.

Titana's sharp teeth gritted in her mouth as she calmed herself, her other eye glowing. "I'd be honored to help. But... Keep in mind that there should still be some wrong in the world, some things for everyone to correct. There has to be shadows for there to be light."

"Of course... But we can't let things like Norsca or Hastur happen ever again." Mags said with a serious expression.

"Agreed. There are conditions though. There are two people with the Norscans that I'd rather survive. Swear to me before I say their names that you'll make an effort not to kill them, Magdalene. Do that, and I'll side with you and work on convincing the others to be more proactive." Titania replied, staring into her eyes.

"What... But... They're evil? They kill people... They... They kidnapped Veronica... I don't know what they're doing with her..." Magdalene gave her a serious look.

"Mags. They are not evil. I am. Had Kva not set me straight, I would've butchered every Norscan, regardless of age or sex." Titania seemed to tower over Mags, smiling at her with sharp teeth. "At the time, the children were just as guilty, just as dammed. They would've gotten a quick death, a blade through their heads, while I tortured the adults. So, before you condemn them, think of all your friends. Many have had darker and far more malicious thoughts than the Norscans. A couple lives isn't too much to ask, is it?"

Magdalene took a step back, visibly disturbed by the confession. "I...I uh... I..."

Titania placed a hand on Mags as the aura faded away. "But Kva calmed me. Got me to see reason, to not succumb to the rage her death caused. No one starts off evil, Maggie. Circumstances cloud their judgment, making them think a bad option is the right course. Don't worry... I'm not that bloodthirsty anymore. But," Titania eyes narrowed and she stared into Mags' eyes. "Are you sure you're not clouding your own judgement?"

"They're bad people... They're taking people from their homes, from their families, desperate people, and turning them onto killers. I can't help but see my sister in all of them." Mags explained to her. "I just want them to stop raiding, but we can make sure that they won't just go back to doing it again then so be it. Maybe we can put them in jail?"

"I can be okay with that, as long as we aren't sticking them in a cell to die. There are worse cruelties then simply killing them." Titania nodded, before pressing an ear to the door. She sighed in relief as Kva had not woken up. "Just... do me a favor, Mags. Should we change the minds of the others, don't overdo it when it comes to Justice. A firm hand can become an iron fist very quickly."

Black0ut

New Plans, Formed Tactics, cont.

"I'll try... Probably should uh... Keep the anger in check... Don't want to hurt someone you don't want to hurt." She replied.

"Surprisingly, I've done that my whole life... It sucks when you're a predator Thrope and resonate with it too well. Anyways... Would you like to come in? I can make you some tea, if you want, or some food." Titania offered, giving her a smile. "Just don't wake my fiance if you do come in. She needs her sleep."

"Isn't she like... A ghost?" Mags whispered.

"Reaper for Taydar, but yeah. Makes sex pretty interesting." Titania whispered back, opening the door and gesturing inside.

The Sheep just blushed, "Oh. O-Okay..."

"Mags, I never would have pegged you as being bashful..." Titania teased, as she casually shoved the sheep in. Amused, she walked briskly towards her kitchen to prepare Mags some tea and food.

Magdalene found her way to a table, tapping her fingers, she was clearly stressed lately.

A plate seemingly materialized with food in front of her, a sandwich. It looked to be a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "To tide you over." Titania's voice seemed to whisper in her ear, the Thrope busy making food.

"Wow... Are you like the Goddess of Food?" Magdalene laughed.

"No, that's Jay. I swear, he can make the best meals out of barely anything. Have you had one of his cakes before?" Titania asked excitedly, before cringing as she recalled who was sleeping upstairs.

"No actually. He's still recovering..." Magdalene sighed.

"You were right to not bring me. I would've ripped this 'Shini' apart." Titania said quietly, as she chopped some vegetables and added them into a pot.

"It was... Kind of a sudden thing... But I helped him." Mags added. "You have to be careful not to reveal your Godly nature too frivolously."

"I don't. I reveal my demigod nature, which as no one realizes I'm a Goddess, is a good and safe way to go about things." Titania countered, chopping some meat into cubes before tossing those in the pot.

"I guess that works." She shrugged lightly.

"Yup. Now," Titania turned around and poured out a bowl of soup. "Here. It'll be hot, so don't eat it immediately." Titania put the bowl in front of Mags, her hand blurring from it nearly burning from the bowl.

"Thank you. Although you could probably put your whole hand in it and be fine. We're Gods now after all." The Bard casually remarked.

"Being a God doesn't mean you can't feel pain. Just means it's harder to." Titania corrected, sitting down next to her new friend.

"Yeah... I found that out the hard way..." Mags heaved.

"What happened?" Titania asked, as a book seemingly appeared in her hands.

"I got shot in the head." Mags told her plainly.

"Fuck... directly or grazed?" Titania asked, offering a soft look.

"Directly..." She rubbed her head. "It's... An interesting feeling surviving that..."

"I can't even fathom..." Titania shivered, her permanent scar on her cheek suddenly aching. "Can... can I do anything to help you out?"

"Well. You can help me fight Grey." She reminded.

"Get the vote passed and I'll say yes. Hells, start to and I'll kill him with a bit of persuasion to his men to start." Titania said quietly, her eyes fierce.

"You've got a deal. Just be careful. He's strong. Way stronger than he should be." Mags explained.

Titania's fiery sword appeared at Mags' neck before Titania put it on the table. "I fought Jerin'dek to a standstill. If he can hit me with a bullet, I'll be impressed... but I'll take your warning. Better to over-prepare for an enemy than under-prepare and be fucked."

Mags blinked, quickly patting out some of her wool that caught fire. "Uh... Well... It might happen literally if you lose..."

Titania smiled, her sharp teeth forming a predatory grin. "So he's one of those types... I'll go in mortal full plate, then. Hard to beat what's heavily armored and moves faster than you can see." The Red Swordswoman said in a rather eerily happy tone. Her smile faltered as she continued. "I promise to try to get Korra out. I may not have known her well, but... Nobody deserves the torture Grey is likely putting her through. And I owe it to Bethany to sever the bastard's spine."

"Thank you Titania. I think you'll make a great Goddess." The Sheep nodded.

"Oh, just because I agreed with you?" Titania teased, gently rubbing one of her claws in Mags' wool. "Seems you have a biased opinion, Sheepie. I bet Methos is the best Goddess in the entire Pantheon, just because you two are together.~"

"Well..." She chuckled. "She is one of the oldest. And wisest. And prettiest... And cutest..."

Titania chuckled, her claws gently scratching Mags' head. "You're absolutely adorable. I can see why Jay and Methos like you."

"Thanks. I... love her a lot... Methos... She means the world to me." Mags smiled happily. "But why did you decide to become a God?"

"I was a demigod, stuck between two different worlds. The world of mortals was bright and vibrant, but held a darkness and cruelty that dug deep into all societies. The world of Gods is no better; with immortality comes decadence, an almost slow and insidious disease, one that can infect even the strongest at times." Titania stopped scratching before looking at Mags. "It happened to almost every single God and for some, twice. But... I could do some good. Maybe before I get too big for my britches, I can make the world better, safer. Maybe even help loads of people. That... and I'd be able to fully belong somewhere."

"Well. I guess that means we'll be able to get to know each other much more." Mags reached over, giving her a boop on her forehead.

"True. I bet I'll be able to make a bunch of jokes with you... And forewarning, I will tease you. I am a bit of a tomboy after all." Titania warned, chuckling before a claw booped her back.

Insane Darkness

Insane Darkness and Black0ut present...
Meeting the Metals

Titania was nervous. She had just become a Goddess and she had no idea how Faith would feel about it. Will she not like me anymore? She wondered as she waited near the Manor’s doors, knowing that today was a day she should be training her daughter. However, she was wearing a flowing red dress with matching high heels. Her hair was down and she wore fancy noble gloves in lieu of her leather ones. She look entirely unlike herself, like a lady of a noble house should look.

“Fuck these… HEELS!” Faith tripped and caught herself in the same breath, walking up next to Titania. The new Goddess of Knowledge and Conviction stared up at her mother, garbed in an intricate green and white dress that flowed down her arms and her orange-tinted legs, which were now hidden. Her brown hair laid down to the middle of her back and her glasses were still on her face, albeit her nose was just that: a nose. Oh, and of course, the decorative high heels of death were painful, stressful, and Faith-full.

Titania turned and practically tackle hugged Faith, holding her next to her with very little of her new strength. “Suffer all my affection, Daughter! Then we shall talk.”

“I’m suffering...” Faith squeaked.

“Not enough.” Titania kissed the top of her head, before sitting down, holding her daughter in her arms. “So… who's the guy who gave you the dress?”

“Me, you overgrown love provider! I can pay for things myself.” Faith pouted at the excess of attention and assumption.

“My apologies. I can stop giving you affection if you want me to.” Titania said quietly, kissing the Duck’s forehead before realizing that her bill was gone. She didn't say a word, but her eyes gave her away nonetheless.

“Oh, the nose? I thought it was kind of in the way, so I asked someone to help me remove it, after all. It was nice having it, but… I think a real nose suits me a little better. Though, my glasses don’t exactly fit the way they used to.” Faith pushed her glasses up her nose to prove her point, as they had dropped farther than she was used to.

“Who got rid of your bill?” Titania asked, setting her down next to her.

“It all happened so fast, I didn’t get their name. Though, she was a Goddess you know. Kind, not your mother, a little too intelligent for her own good.”

“Which Goddess?” Titania played dumb.

“You’re… playing dumb. I know you’ve met her.”

“Who? Aetherella? Yeah, I got her dolled up for her date.”

“Oh nice. Did you get her the date too or was that actually her doing?”

“Her doing. Although she probably fucked the shit out of him… I hesitate to imagine that man's poor soul. May he rest in peace.”

“Oooh…” Faith involuntarily imagined the act, causing her to shiver a little at the fear it brought her.

“Anyways, why'd you go visit her? It wasn't just for the bill, was it?”

“Well, apparently, I’m an immortal angel now. So… That’s a thing.”

“What.”

“Well, you’ve become an immortal angel… I’ve become an immortal angel… So I guess we’ll be working together a lot more from now on.”

Titania disappeared from mortal sight and practically showered Faith in even more affection, her after images practically competing with Faith's ability to process it.

“I… think I’m gonna hurl…” Faith complained, dry-heaving as soon as she finished her sentence.

Titania stopped, returning to mortal sight. “We're cuddling… unless you don't want me to show you affection?”

“Cuddling… and making me dizzy… are not indistinguishable…” Faith held back from another dry heave threatening her livelihood.

“As you wish.” Titania released her daughter, got up and began to walk away. She had a hunch her daughter wouldn't be okay with her just leaving.

As Titania was walking, her feet started to float off the ground. “Someone doesn’t listen with their giant wolf ears.” Faith glared at the wolf herself, her hand raised as the source of her magic.

“Are they that giant?” Titania asked rhetorically, rubbing her ears a bit self-consciously. “And so you know, I can get down whenever I want…”

“You and I both know how the wind adores you. Don’t push your luck,” Faith advised, monotone. “And no, but they’re large enough to where I know that you can hear everything I say.” Faith stuck out her tongue.

Titania seemingly disappeared from her held position, a hand patting Faith’s head. “I have a bit more power than I once did, daughter.” A few Hunters gasped, grabbing their real weapons as a horse-sized Wolf with red runic patterns in its fur suddenly appeared next to the Duck. The wolf, however merely laid next to Faith, seemingly sleepy.

“I let you do that, by the way.” Faith admitted, making no effort to do anything except let her hand down.

“Hey, Faith, where'd you get your new pet? Won't Titania be jealous?” One of the burly Hunters called out, motioning for the others to stand down.

Faith… you can't reveal that we're Goddesses okay? Titania mentally spoke, the message going through multiple times as it was broken and coated in rage.

“She knows about this one.” Faith shrugged, petting Titania’s ears gingerly.

The Wolf’s tail wagged happily as she nuzzled the Duck. The Hunter chuckled, as he took a few steps forward towards them. “Is it, uh, tame enough for me to pet it?”

“Probably not. Wouldn’t put my life on it, to be honest.”

“Alright… catch you in the library, then?” He asked, the wolf turning around to stare at him with Titania's normal eyes.

“If you’re lucky,” Faith answered.

Titania got up, using her head to lift Faith onto her back before walking off towards her Grove.

“You know I can fly, right?” Faith asked rhetorically, a little irritated. “And where are we even going?”

Titania lolled her tongue out as a sudden urge to hold onto Titania’s fur washed over the duck, almost like a warning.

“I’m not grabbing onto your fur. Not after you’ve been acting like a spoiled brat.” Faith crossed her arms and looked away from the wolf in defiance.

Titania let out a woof, before her body began to blur and the wind pressure started to increase. The area around them began to get blurrier as the speed threatened to knock Faith off.

To Faith, the wind seemed to push her from behind so as to counterbalance the speeds Titania was going at and to keep Faith from falling off, not to mention letting up on the forces threatening her from the front. She held out a hand, smiling as the wind caressed her wrist-feathers.

The wolf soon arrived at her Grove, or rather, the inner sanctum. The vibrant greens with the wild flowers made it a breathtaking sight as Titania worked to slow down before running into the brambles that seemed to cover it in a dome. Laying down, Titania seemed to wait for Faith to dismount.

Last edited:

Insane Darkness

Meeting the Metals pt. 2

“What a shame it would be for me to just sit upon your back for all eternity.” Faith yawned, refusing to move.

Titania whimpered and her ears went down, seemingly saddened.

“I thought you enjoyed snuggles. What’s exactly the difference here?” Faith tilted her head and stuck out her tongue.

The older Thrope whined, seemingly arguing against her daughter.

“Ahhh… Just gonna lay down here…” Faith placed her arms behind her head as she leaned into a lying down position atop her mother.

Titania growled softly, before jerking her head towards a very large tree, one that seemed remarkably old despite the relative new growth surrounding it.

Faith looked at the tree from upside down. “Yeap. That’s a tree.”

The wolf seemingly sighed as she slowly got up, walking over to where a small, and the only, pond was. She dipped her paw into the mud, and began drawing a circle, then a smaller circle within that circle and so on until she had four circles.

Faith continued watching what her mother was doing from upside down on top of her, the blood in her head now giving her some discomfort. “Is this some kind of demonic ritual? Always wanted to try one of those. Never found a book with any notes on one, though…”

Titania drew two lines within the smallest circle, then tried to point at Faith, before the paw pointed at herself.

“I don’t know what you’re trying to say.”

Titania let out a soft growl, somewhat irritated. She dipped her paw in mud once more and wrote above the circles, ‘The Grove’.

“Yes, we are in the grove. Are you saying this is a different part of it than you’ve shown me?”

Titania nodded, her tail wagging. She wrote another message this one away from the circles. ‘If you want words, please get off.’

All Titania heard in response was a quack as the weight on her back reduced to the amount of a duck. The weight shifted, however, as the duck moved up to her head to plop down into a sitting position atop it.

Titania, once again, seemingly sighed, more defeated this time. She let out a howl that reverberated across the entire forest. She began to physically shake, her body vibrating enough to cause anything to become seasick or motion sick.

The duck flapped her wings and landed in the pond, bathing herself amongst its waters and taking a few bill-fulls for drinking sake. Although, if one were to look at the duck a little closer, they would notice tiny glasses upon its bill as well as seemingly fluffier feathers.

Titania transformed back into her more humanoid form, tight leather armor covering her. “This… is my inner sanctum, my place to rest away from strife. It is also a gift to you, Faith. The only… valuable thing I can give to you, now that you’re a Goddess.” The older Thrope sat down, a butterfly landing on her head to rest, the insect making eye contact with Faith.

The duck’s response was a rather odd one, slamming her face into the water and shaking it off as it surfaced. The duck waded back to the wolf, before transforming back into her humanoid form and outstretching her arms to hug Titania, wrapping them around her. “You seem to believe that I can’t be satisfied by anything else you can give me. You’re wrong, you emotional mess. This gift is very nice, but it’s not the last thing you’ll give me and I’m well aware of that.”

Titania hugged her daughter back. “You’ve got me all figured out, huh?” The older Thrope said softly, ruffling her daughter’s hair. “But… I do feel at some point I won’t be able to get you meaningful gifts…”

“I’m not used to it being this long…” Faith mumbled to herself, complaining about her hair as she fixed it. “And I’m sure you can. I can’t get any snobbier than I am now. At least, I hope not…”

“Still, there isn’t a lot that I can get that you couldn’t get yourself. Kinda makes gifts a bit harder to do, and makes me worried about me trying to get gifts for you…”

“Isn’t that the same logical thought process you have when buying gifts as mortals?” Faith asked, opposed to the emotional baggage of her thought process. “I don’t think I’ll ever get used to saying mortals to refer to everyone but me…” she muttered to herself.

“Then don’t. Refer to them as people, or reference to buying things in the past.” Titania said softly, transforming back into her very large wolf form, promptly laying on her daughter.

The impact made Faith exhale a sound resembling a, “Pleghth!”. From within the fur, one could hear, “Is this necessary?” or maybe a, “Person cemetary.” Hard to tell the difference, of course.

A soft woof seemed to be the Thrope’s answer as she got off, letting Faith get back up.

Faith floated off her stomach and dusted herself off. “I do believe you want me to be dirty, don’t you?”

Titania’s ears drooped in response as she curled up on the ground, feeling a tad bit bad for her impatient action.

Faith fell backwards slowly onto the wolf before sighing. Light penetrated through small cracks between the brambles. The duck held up a hand, making them slowly dance with her wind and light magicks combined.

Titania watched, eyeing the elements at work. Unfortunately, at least for Faith, Titania licked Faith’s cheek, the equivalent to a kiss in her animal form.

Faith chose to ignore the slobbery form of affection as she continued her light show, the saliva slowly falling down her cheek.

The Thrope noticing Faith’s dress, gained a mischievous look as she nabbed the piece of cloth between her teeth.. She lifted the girl up effectively tossing her onto her neck. The wolf now let out a yawn as she seemed to blur, before charging out with her daughter in tow. This time, to Bevland. To a idyllic plot of land with a mansion that didn’t reek of opulence where peasant and noble seemed indistinguishable.

“What? Was my light show too slow for you, Speed Demon? Did it bore you to death?” Faith asked rhetorically, a little touch of irritation present in her voice.

Finding a safe alcove to change, Titania took her normal form. “Technically everything is a tad bit slow, but no. It’s time you met my family, and be acknowledged as such.”

“This seems rather… sudden…” Faith’s overall attitude shifted rather suddenly at the mention of her family and… the requirement of her meeting them and being social.

“Well, when would be better? When they’re dead and crumbling into dust?”

“Yeah! So, let’s just--”

“Titania Larissa Regallis! Don’t you DARE run away from me again! This is starting to PISS ME OFF!” A voice loudly called out, causing Faith to jump and make some attempt to shrink. Loud footsteps soon followed in quick succession.

Titania did her vibrating trick to appear incorporeal, grabbing Faith to hide her too.

Instead of grabbing Faith, however, she grabbed a familiar blade she used to be awestruck by as a child.

“Fuck.”

“Also, what are you doing to this poor child?” Titania felt a pull on the blade as a black Ophidian walked up and leaned down to look Faith in the eyes. “Are you alright?”

“I… I believe so…” Faith faked a sniff as if she was being pressured by Titania and was only now getting over it.

Insane Darkness

Meeting the Metals pt. 3

“Daughter, that is not fair. At all…” Titania groaned as she became visible only for an Armadillo Thrope to wrap his arms around the Ophidian.

“Sup, Titania. Ms. Aggression here is a bit annoyed at you, as you can tell.” Dante said casually, placing his chin on her shoulder. “So, why’re you back.” His eyes darted to the little girl then back at Titania then to his semi-girlfriend. “You get knocked up and need help?”

“You were just as irritated with her as I was! Don’t go off and saying shit like that, you hypocrite!” The Ophidian moved her head away from Faith as she spoke, but sighed and stood up after a few moments. “You know what? Whatever. You’re smart in one aspect, I suppose… Why are you here, Titania, my dear?”

“My daughter should meet the rest of her family, should she not?” Titania replied, her tone becoming somewhat commanding as her accent shifted back to being noble.

“Whoa, chill. We ain’t here to fight with you. And if my love here wants to, I’ll at least buy you some time to run.” Dante started, casually kissing Cecilia’s cheek.

A singular bird found its way up Dante’s nose before twisting painfully. “Shut it. Anyhow, I don’t see any problem with that. I apologize for my actions until this point and I hope you don’t think less of me.” She gave Faith a bow of apology before giving Titania a glance to imply she was sorry to her as well.

Titania nodded, seemingly pleased before a male voice called out. “Cecilia? Can you help me? My wheelchair doesn't want to cooperate…”

“Ah, fuck…” Cecilia walked out of the alcove to find the source of the voice. Before leaving their sight, she turned to Dante. “Don’t let her out of your sight,” she demanded.

“Of course. But you have to kiss me when you get back!” He called after her, grinning somewhat.

“Then I’m never coming back!”

“She’ll be back. While she’s a bit cold, she does actually love me enough to put up with my shit.” Dante whispered conspiratorially, as he looked at Faith. “Sorry for swearing, kid. How old are you anyways?”

“Seventeen, give or take. I haven’t looked into what that means in duck years, but that’s how it is in Human years.”

“What.”

“I never said we were blood-related.” Titania smiled.

“WHAT.”

“How old is she?” A voice called out from beyond the alcove.

“She’s fu- erm… freakin’ Sev-”

“Do you mean fucking, sweetheart?” Faith floated above Dante’s height to pat him on the head. “Please. I’ve heard much worse swears out of those I’ve chopped up in my own personal blender. Though, they did stop saying them as they lost their heads, so… Just be happy you won’t be joining them.” The duck offered him an innocent smile.

“WHAT?!”

“Did you say seven?” the voice from earlier asked, only a little bit closer than before.

“Seven -fucking- teen. And she’s apparently sadistic… Cecilia! Don’t befriend her please! I don’t want to go missing.” Dante called back.

“Faith… stop trying to intimidate him. I don’t want to remind you of the last guy you did this to.” Titania shook her head. “And I can revoke snuggles if you don’t.”

“CECILIA.”

“You sound like you’re about to die. What’s going… Oh.” As Cecilia rounded the corner, she saw a Faith petting a Dante with an innocent smile on her face. The sides of Cecilia’s mouth curled into a small smile. “Do you fear for your life, ‘my love’? Well, there’s clearly nothing I can do in this situation.” Cecilia gave Dante a shrug.

“I don’’t, but I know that evil smile you give. It means I’m fucked over as you found another person you like… Don’t take me to the dungeon again…”

“Kinky.” Both Thropes stated simultaneously.

“Hey, he said it. Not me,” Cecilia commented, pointing a finger at Dante.

“Well, I can only imagine how… active your sex lives are. Anyways… I believe that was my brother you were helping?” Titania asked, gesturing towards the road.

“Cecilia? Who are you talking with?” The voice came again, this time more discernible as a somewhat light and fluffy voice, one that most bards would kill for.

“Gah… People…” Faith mumbled.

“For the record, your father has a much more interesting sex life than myself, Titania. Also, hello, Gallius! I was just speaking with Titania, who decided that this tiny alcove was a good place to be reacquainted with everyone.”

Titania walked out with a sigh, as she looked at her brother, whose mouth hung open somewhat dumbfounded. His face still was rather handsome, despite some scars marring it. He was slimmer than when he had been a knight, but the empty clot that would’ve held legs was obvious. He stammered out an incomprehensible word. He tried again, this time understandable. “Sister…” He said softly, shock and hesitance being almost palpable things.

“Brother.” Titania said a bit more rigidly, and a bit more cold.

“I… when did you arrive?”

“Just now.”

“Would you… like some tea? Cecilia brewed some for me earlier. The Kettle should still be hot.” He tried again to be pleasant, offering a small smile.

“Well, I hate to be a bore, but Cecilia and I have something to do together. Titania can you wheel your brother around?” Dante asked wrapping his arm around his lover.

“I can-”

“Great! We’ll be on our way then. Thank you for your assistance!” Dante said as he walked away with Cecilia.

“Get your hands off me! I’m not doing anything with you!” Cecilia complained, the bickering diminishing the further the two went from the group.

“So… brother. How’re your legs?” She asked, her cold tone almost like a knife that made her brother’s expression darken.

“That seems kinda… rude?” Faith commented, her voice meek.

“Well, she does have a reason to be. I was not the nicest older brother growing up, less so in my teenage years.”

“You mean, you were a complete asshole that tormented me constantly? Yeah, you were.” Titania’s aura seemed to radiate out, only to a degree Faith could feel.

“Don’t kill him…” Faith whispered, so meek that the only person who’d be able to hear her was Titania.

Titania took a deep breath, before her eyes softened somewhat. “Maybe you did change and perhaps judging you when we have been years apart is too harsh.”