BobJimbo52a7798b92c7e.png

Full Name: Bryan "MacBird" Barclay MacBryde
Place of Birth: St Andrews, Fife, Scotland
Nationality: Scottish
Height: 6'0"

Favourite Food: Banana bread
Desired Position: Skyranger/Europe Interceptor Pilot
Biographical Synopsis:
Bryan Barclay MacBryde was born into an loving, intelligent middle class family. Though growing up, no siblings were to join him, he found it easy to make friends in school, thanks to his genuine, easygoing nature and amiability. Though never athletic in the typical sense, he was never the last to finish a race; and, though he never excelled in one academic area, always seemed to find himself being placed near the top of the class. However, there always seemed to be something missing in his life. When tired, drunk or lacking sufficient patience to explain himself, he would attest that this was the lack of banana bread in his life, his first experience of it came at the age of 17 when he was given a chance to fly with a military fighter pilot. The extraordinary sense of freedom, weightlessness and speed awed him and he began learning to fly immediately, astonishing his teachers with his natural aptitude for the skill.

He lacked the motivation to pursue flying as a career immediately and he also harboured an interest in science, so at the end of school became a student of Materials Chemistry at Edinburgh University, achieving a 1st BSc with Honours. But there was only one place Bryan truly belonged: in the sky. After briefly trying out a job in chemical engineering, he applied for the Royal Air Force, quickly rising up the ranks. Since then he has flown many missions and attained a reputation as one of the most brilliant pilots on the force, earning the nickname "MacBird".

It only seemed natural, Commander Odd, that when faced by a threat from the sky, we call upon someone to defend us who himself belongs there.

I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

summerjuliet

PERSONNEL FILE

First Name: Matilda

Last Name: Becker

Date of birth: September 30th, 1990

Place of birth: Ashland, Louisiana, United States

Current Residence: Ashland, Louisiana, United States

Current Age: 24

Biographical Synopsis: Mattie Becker grew up in the picture of Americana, the kind of world you’d see on a postcard...from the forties. Mattie started scrapping in the second grade, when she found out that small-town southern living didn’t agree with little girls named Matilda, German-born parents who spoke minimal English, and a grandfather who fought on the wrong side of World War Two.Three discipline referrals too many in middle school contrasted sharply with straight As and the honor roll, and that was possibly the only reason she wasn’t expelled. Matilda was smart, certainly, helping out in the library when she had time, offering tutoring lessons in math and history. Her english grades weren’t as good, due to an in-bred defiance of how her essays should be written. High school, and the pressure to find a college she could afford, sobered her up pretty quickly, although she would get into fights for her best friend. To Mattie, girls kissing wasn’t weird, and she didn’t understand why people threw things at her friend. As her fighting picked back up and college deadlines loomed, Mattie found herself in dire straits. Then the army recruiters showed up, and everything fell into place. Well, except for the response she got when she asked if she could take her grandfather’s army pistol with her to the field, but she had kind of expected the resounding “no”.

Maybe fighting to protect family back home is a little cliche, but so was Mattie’s entire childhood. Cliche quickly became a norm for her, a constant she could always rely on, a safety net. As long as things were just a little bit cliche, she told herself, she would be alright. She told herself that all through basic training and her first combat experience. She told herself that every time she had to pick up a gun.

Until the XCOM Project grew interested in her*. That much, cliche couldn’t cover.

*[CONFIDENTIAL--RECRUTIMENT NOTES] Becker speaks fluent German and strong French, along with basic Spanish. Interest was expressed for her logical and linguistic abilities. On multiple occasions, she has acted outside of predicted parameters when faced with a challenge. Her ability to acquire languages at an alarming speed could prove useful. According to an interview with a high school French teacher, she advacnced beyond the year's curriculum within six months. Upon returning from summer vacation, she had taught herself the next year and a half. In our interview, she occasionally would slip from into German or French, probably a result of her upbringing. (Unofficial: plus, if you'd have seen the way she was talking and waving her hands around and making faces during the interview, she's a master of nonverbal communication. Jesus, she was cussing us seven ways to Sunday with her eyebrows alone.) She has not had any post-secondary education, however, but has promised to attend college when her field deployment term has ended. (Unofficial: poor kid. Thinks she's going to get the chance.) Becker's record shows a quick temper. Two disciplinary strikes during basic, three in the field. It is requested that the Commander overlook these strikes, as she is a more than capable soldier. (Unofficial: who knows, we might just need an angry bitch to win.)
She has not submitted to a recent psych eval. Past evaluations indicate nothiing out of the ordinary beyond her temper and mild insomnia. Her repetition of "cliche is safe" has not caught the doctors' attentions; they predict that it is not a true mantra yet, but is more of a safety measure (Unofficial: Doc said that as long as she doesn't start scrawling it on the walls, it isn't a concern. Ain't that a way to put it? He thinks it's just a coping method and pretty healthy.) Perscribed 10 mL of trazodone to be taken nightly (oral perscription) until otherwise notified. It is suspected that she boosts the effects of the medication with melatonin pills. As she is awake on time and is fully capable in the field, and as melatonin is a natural chemical, we have seen no need to confiscate the pills from her. Commander may choose to confiscate them, but should be warned that insubordination or borderline-violent outbursts may ensue.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited:

Brian

First Name:Alex {Alexandria if female}
Last Name:Reese
Nickname:BigA
Personality:Keeps to himself but will occasionally meet with friends.
Weight:180lbs
Family:A dead wife and a child.
Previous Job:Army,but he was placed in prison for a crime he did not commit
Favorite Job:Army
University/College:He can't remember, but it was located in California U.S.A

Alex Reese was a troubled child.His mother died when he was only 5,and he wouldn't communicate with anyone until 5 months passed. When he was 6,he accidently met a drug dealer,and since he was young and didn't know what a drug is,he started taking drugs.When he found out what drugs were at age 8,he took a kitchen knife and stabbed the drug dealer.He suggest it only worked because the drug dealer was so surprised...When his father found him,he was laying on the ground next to a bleeding body.His father abandoned him in Alex's sleep,leaving him alone.He said he thinks his father went to Florida...
When he was 10,he went back to school.He took care of himself. To avoid attention, he said to his teachers "My mother and father are extremely sick."By the time he was eleven,life was good.He was getting straight A's,and even had a girlfriend named Shaylee..But then the bullies came.They tortured him,teasing him and hitting him.He wanted badly to kill them,but he kept control...until he was 16...He had enough.He got in fight with the kids,16 of them.He broke two arms,a leg,and knocked the others out cold.
When he was 19,he joined the army.When he was 23,he married Shaylee.When he was 27,they had a baby boy named Joshua. When he was 36 he had gone on a search and rescue mission in Afghanistan,and things went wrong.The best sniper was shot in the chest,and everyone else was shot at least once.Private Reguezz blind fired,hoping to hit something.Eventually a grenade took him down.Michael heroically took the sniper rifle and killed two terrorist before getting pinned down again.Everyone thought Alex was crazy when he took an RPG from a fallen ally named George and took out an entire floor filled with terrorist.While his squad gave support, he ran through several buildings and saved the civilians.However,when getting the civilians to the helicopter,his best friend,Michael,who had been giving support,took a shot to the head and died.Alex was depressed for a month.Then his wife died,depressed for another 2 months....
When he was 37,Alex was accused of a murder he did not commit.His captors were too scared of how strong he was,so they pretended to give him a fair trial and threw him in jail to rot.He said there were tortures,but he would not name them.He spent 8 years of his life in jail for a crime he did not commit.
He thought he was going to rot for a crime he did not commit when he heard what sounded like a helicopter,but looked more like a plane with rotors.A man in a black suit came out of the vehicle and approached him.The man seemed very serious but had a slight sense of humor.Alex later learned it was one of our Sky Rangers.He said the man talked of some kind of secret program funded by the council...Obviously you already know this,but Alex gave a basic idea of the beginning of the conversation and he requested you hear it.

Alex:Who are you,what do you want?
Man:I've come here to discuss something important.
Alex:What?Am I being executed?
Man:No,but some of these people here would probably like that.
Alex:What do you want?
Man:The council has approved a classified project,and they suggested you.
Alex:To be used as bait?
Man:This is not a joke.We can eliminate your "criminal record" completely if you accept.
Alex:I wanted revenge on the drug dealer.And I never murdered Bailey.
Man:I know that,but many of the people that accused you are afraid of you.They don't want you as an enemy...neither do we.
Alex:So what kind of "project" is this?What will you have me do?
Man:Classified until you accept.
Alex: Do I have a choice?
Man: Doesn't look like you do.But death is an option....
Alex:I...I accept.
Man:Good.Its name is the XCOM project.
Alex:XCOM project?
Man:You'll see soon enough....
Alex:Better then rotting in this hole of shit.
Man:This is costing us a fortune...don't let us down.

Alex is very strong, but he's afraid to use his strength. He doesn't want to kill people...hopefully he'll feel different about....these creatures...He is also very smart and courageous. Exactly what we want for this project, I'd think. He says he's willing to give anything if it means saving innocent lives...this may prove useful for testing,commander.He says he prefers to work with others even with his shyness.He said he has never imagined working alone....this worries me commander,because if he does not learn to work alone,he may panic in a situation where he's seperated or everyone else has been wounded or KIA....something to consider commander.But he has indeed memorized the pledge and repeated it several times...

Alex's comments:Classified until I accept...HELL,I STIL DONT KNOW CRAP!All I know is that some guy looking like he came directly from Men In Black comes to me saying something about XCOM....hell,it's better to be in an some military base then in this piece of shit prison...

Pledge:I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soilder, in the XCOM special forces. I am giving myself , unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately loose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited:
S

Skylark

First Name: Alexander
Last Name: Meyer

Height: 6'0
Weight: 180 lbs

Preference: Straight
D.O.B: November 30th, 1990
P.O.B: Indianapolis Indiana
Marital Status: Unmarried - In a Relationship.

Biographical Synopsis:
Alexander was born to a Mexican-American father and native German mother on a rather cold November night. From a young age Alexander had always been a rather intense slacker, the kind of guy who put more emphasis on sleeping and eating instead of school work. Yeah I know what you're thinking, this is the set up for an overweight high school drop out who would never amount to anything. Well thanks to a nice mixture of good genetics and luck the young man graduated from high school with a clean 3.0 and a chiseled and toned body that carried him through a two years of varsity swim. His college years saw a few years studying abroad in Japan and back at home in the states. After graduating with degrees in both Culinary Arts and English Alexander, having fallen in love with Japan's culture and country decided that he needed a way of getting back there. After signing up with the United States military Alexander was stationed at the Yugi Communication Site, Hachioji Tokyo. After doing his few years Alexander was left with little money and a crappy apartment in downtown Tokyo to live in. He spent his time up until 2014 doing a series of odd jobs for the Yakuza, albeit the training he was receiving in assassination and the inner workings of the criminal underworld Alexander never once shied away from the person he'd always been....While working underneath one of the more prominent families in Japan Alexander began a steady (but secretive) relationship with his boss's daughter, Rika. The two were
inseparable (namely because of his position as her bodyguard). With their relationship becoming more and more obvious Alexander's boss soon heard word of this and decided to pull back on his protection of Alexander.

On a routine enforcement job Alexander was picked up by the Tokyo metropolitan police for illicit activities. He was told that he was to be deported from the country he had fallen in love with sometime in the following weeks. Not long after this he was approached in prison by a rather well dressed gentleman, extending a pardon from his crimes and deportation if he were to sign on a contract with something called, The XCOM Initiative.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Q

Quelptsch

First Name: Peter Last Name: Pekalski Nickname: "Reaper"
Nationality: Polish/North American
Intelligence: Above average, good grades in school, mostly A's and B's.
Military Training: Trained in the police force.
Biographical Synopsis: Peter Pekalski... His Mum died, giving child birth and his Dad a vicious drunk, Pekalski fights for righteousness and justice. A young cop with a real talent for solving crimes, Pekalski is a relatively new police inspector situated in downtown Los Angeles Police Dept, is about to be given the 'case' of his career. A case which could earn him respect. A case where he could fight for justice and for the world. What Pekalski doesn't know is that this apparent 'case' could take him further than he ever expected...
Pekalski pulls up into work, in his Dodge Charger, and is greeted with a message from the front desk, to go and see the police chief. As he walks into the Chief's office. He notices an unknown man standing above the Chief but in the corner of the office.
"Sit down, Pekalski."
Pekalski sits.
"Listen Pekalski, I'm about to offer you the case of your life, it's going to sound and be very dangerous-"
"Chief I-"
Chief intervenes, "Pekalski listen up, this man is from the XCOM project, you know what that is Pekalski?"
"Chief, I-"
"Course you do. Good." Chief turns to the man, and whispers, "That saves us the introduction...", and then turns back, "I know you're quite new here Pekalski, but I like you kid, you're a good cop, from what I have seen, and a damn good shot with that Magnum of yours. Last week, when you were on the Jefferson case, and how you dealt with that gang, was, frankly incredible. You have talent kid. Real talent. You're alright, ya hear?"
The man steps froward. "We need people like you on the XCOM team, Pekalski. Good men, who are good shots, work with other guys, alike to yourself, and have an eye for, well, justice, and such things..."
"So what do you say, kid? Will you go for it?" Says Chief. Pekalski sits there, speechless but deep in thought. He thinks about the risks, the hardship, even possible death, that could happen by agreeing, and going to this 'XCOM' . But then, he thinks about the rewards, and the fame and the glory...
"Hey, Pekalski! What d'ya say, kid?"
Pekalski sits there in silence for a moment..."I'll do it..."
With that Pekalski left the force, and traveled to the XCOM facility, where he said the pledge:
I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited by a moderator:

BockBockChicken

XCOM Staff Profile:

First Name: Hannah
Last Name: Vahlen
Position: Head of XCOM Research and Development Division

Biographical Synopsis:
Hannah Vahlen immigrated from Germany to the United State of America with her parents at the age of 14 to attend Stanford University. Graduating summa cum laude with a bachelor's degree in biophysics in merely two years, she went on to earn doctorate degrees in molecular biology and biochemistry, conducting groundbreaking research in the fields of genetic engineering.

After several post-doctoral positions around the world, Vahlen was recruited by the United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infections Diseases (USAMRIID) to develop new countermeasures to biological terrorism. It is here when she was first approached by the Council to head the research division of XCOM. Reluctant at first, Vahlen was finally convinced after she was given access to a biological sample from the Roswell vessel.

Now supervising a small interdisciplinary team of scientists, Vahlen provides critical scientific insight for the XCOM project.

Pledge
: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

J

Julius 'Caesar' Brose

First name: Julius
Last name: Brose
Nickname: Caesar
Height: 6'4''
Hair: Brown, short
Eyes: Blue
Languages: German(native speaker), English(very good), Chinese(barely acceptable)

Biographical Synopsis: Born in Berlin in 1997, Julius was a boy who didn't particularily excel at anything and never really stood out from the main group of people. He was always in Berlin, mainly studying for his well established high school or playing video-games, his life was taking a good course, as it was obvious that he would later visit a nice university and study something in the general direction of IT. Really nothing out of the ordinary, but at the age of 16 he decided that all this being-the-same and stuff had to stop and therefore chose a very different path: Directly after graduating he signed up for the German military force, breaking with everything he had up until this point: His friends, family and his whole life.

In the force, Julius really stood out, since most of his comrades came here because their education wasn't on a level at which they didn't have much of a choice, if they would be soldiers or garbagemen. Therefore he was quickly noticed by his superiors who were especially fond of his ability of strategically coordinating his team and making split-second decisions, as well as his absolute loyalty to them or rather to whoever was put in charge of him. He was also unmatched in handling a rifle, but that's rather secondary. As he once had to take over the command in a mission in the east, because the original commander who was only one rank higher than Julius, making him the leader after the hierarchy, he almost panicked, but then quickly gathered his senses and his team and led them to victory after first calculating the enemy's squad's size, experience, position and even their background to find out how they would react in the way he wanted them to.

Because of his name, which was often assimilated with the one of a certain Roman emperor, as well as his strategic capabilities resembling said emperor who was also a great tactitian, his squad gave him the nickname 'Caesar', representing Gaius Iulius Caesar, who was able to win multiple wars against tribes who were often mistake for undefeatable, which is also said about the aliens.

Those reasons are also why the German government sent Julius as a distribution in the fight against the extra-terrestial threat to the X-COM headquarters, where they hope that he will be put to good use against the alien forces.

Hokucho

First Name: Hokuchiyo (Hoe-Ku-Ch-Yoe)
Last Name:
Ritofuto (Rye-Toh-Foo-Toe)
Height: 5 ft 4 in
Weight: 179 lbs 3 oz
Distinguishing Features: Goatee, bullet wound scar on right shoulder, short, black hair.
Hobbies: Watching game shows, Skeet Shooting, Baseball

Biographical Synopsis:

Hokuchiyo (or Hoku for short) was born on 1991, April 24th to a loving mother and father and two sisters in the town of Osaka. His father was a respected manager at a store in Osaka known as Takashimaya, a well known department store chain in Japan and his mother, similarly works there as a sales representative for the fameous "Rose Chan" porcelain dolls. His sisters work nearby. Sakai, the eldest sister, works as a park representative at Namba Park and the younger sister, Tandachi, works as a salesperson at the HEP Five shopping mall. When Hoku reached his senior high school year however, his father Toriko died of a heart attack due to an unhealthy dietary lifestyle and high blood pressure. The family mourned for half a week before returning to their lives beforehand and a private funeral was held for family and friends.

After Hokuchiyo graduated high school with average grades, he decided to serve his country by joining the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department (TMPD) and moving to Tokyo. He served as a member of the Traffic Section for only a few months before he found himself allowed to move up and join the Criminal Investigation Section.

It was at this point he was in his first real major incident in his life.

Joining a lead investigator to check serial numbers on a murder-suspect's handgun, he and his investigation partner were caught behind the shop where the firearm was supposedly purchased from by a member of the Dojin-Kai, who was a suspect in the case they were investigating. Upon their discovery his investigation partner was shot in the lung, an injury that unfortunately lead to irriversable trauma and forced the investigator to resign. Hoku was much more fortunate, though he wouldn't think it at the time. He was also shot, but in the left shoulder, an injury that later lead to a permanent scar on his person. Hokuchiyo however, was able to stop the assailant and lock hi maway for assault on a police officer with a deadly weapon. Later, it was found that the member of the gang indeed was the murderer in the case he was investigating.

After he recovered from his gunwound, the department deemed it nessecary to promote him due to his actions and initiative in the case. He was then given the promotional rank of investigator and transfered to begin work in the Organized Crime Control Section of the TMPD.

He has worked in that section until 2015 with large success. He has a well-renowned record of successful investigations, arrests, and suppression of local crime syndicates under his belt and is the local department's top-performer for the precinct's seasonal physical fitness and mental comprehension tests for the past year.

His mother is concidering remarrying a man by the name of Rodon Ashiko and his sisters still work comfortably at their respective jobs. Sakai is also concidering marrige for the first time whereas Tandachi has been promoted to regional supervisor and is currently single.

Hokuchiyo however was approached by a mysterious man in a tight looking business suit at the precinct during a late-night investigation while he was alone at his desk when most had gone home for the night. Noone else was around as the man in the suit asked the man the simple question of "Are you prepared to help serve your family, your country, and the world in a way that only a few may be able?". The man continued before Hoku was able to reply. He explained that Hokuchiyo had been under scrutinization to be picked for the first initiative in a new global defensive military power that was orchestrated by multiple countries around the world. They were impressed. The suited man then asked the question one more time, and Hoku nodded his head as his commanding officer as well as a male from the local military entered the room to help assure Hoku that this was a serious and for-real matter.

Asked to rise, the young male of 24 did so and placed the file he was reading over into his desk and approached the three men. He was then blindfolded, and escorted off the premesise to his new life.

((Disclaimer: The above information, while accurate to location and names, hold no real-life relevance to anyone alive, dead, or otherwise, and the above information is completely fictitious in story-based concept.))

Last edited:

Stekkmen

(Let's try this again. Derp.)

First Name: STEKK
Last Name: WEBSTERSON

Biographical Synopsis: He was the first of his family to be interested in an aviation career. After graduating with a fine degree in aviation, he became an airliner pilot for 2 years. He found it incredibly boring the whole time he was doing it, so much so he simulated turbulence one time on his own. He quit after that. He signed up for the military, and served for 15 years as a cargo and bomber pilot. No, he wasn't that great at doing loop-de-loops, but he was good at being an airliner pilot. He still found it boring, but it was somehow way better knowing that cargo was soldiers and bombs and guns. Yes, he watched as soldiers got off, and took off into the unknown to fight and die. He found it challenging to watch.

A terrible crack erupted in his plane, his eardrums felt like they burst. He had been shot by a rouge AA gun from the enemy. He managed to keep his plane afloat for 2 hours before crash landing on the border of friendly territory. Most of his cargo and crew survived. He decided he was done, and quit from the military after a few more months of service.

A few years later, he received a letter in the mail. It was unmarked, and was sealed with a large blue X. He was selected for something called the XCOM project. He would be payed handsomely for his service has a pilot, in a Skyranger. Everything changed after that point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TEST OF MY ABILITIES

OPERATION: Shooty alien
KILLS: N/A
*yadda yadda yadda*

First mission today, journal my friend. Me and my cleanup crew were dispatched after the fire-team returned. The sky was black, and dotted with stars, the sky almost completely clear of cloud cover. We rolled gurneys onto the battleground, glancing at bullet holes, and globs of plasma, still steaming. One by one, me and my crew picked up life-less bodies of "Sectoids". Their bodies were riddled, leaking green, jello like blood. With a grunt, we hefted them on, and wheeled them to the storage. Other people, wearing radiation suits, carefully picked up weapon fragments and dropped them into special bags, and they pulsed.

I came to a body that looked different from the others. It was a young lady, she was wearing pink armor, her left shoulder singed and burned to the bone. We walked over to her, and picked her lifeless corpse up. Her eyes were closed, skin cool. We covered her up and with a blanket, and wheeled her to a different storage area in the skyranger. It sat in the corner, still. Too late to back out now.

The fireteam were all looking at the ground when we re-boarded the skyranger. I sat in my seat, started the ignition, and lifted into the atmosphere. I attended the ceremony, where Odd gave a small speech.

I've already forgotten her name. Scotch is a nice drink to put you to bed.

Psilon

First Name: Cerise
Last Name:
Vahlen
Biographical Synopsis: Born in 1980 as the youngest child of a German worker in the Bitburger brewery, in the city of the same name, and a woman from Luxemburg whose family had chosen to stay in the city after it was returned to Germany, Vahlen spent much of her childhood as the odd one out. The only girl in a family with three boys, the only child in her neighborhood with an accent (courtesy of her mostly French speaking mother’s single-handed upbringing) and the only student who was interested enough to ask questions. The last would eventually come to define her life, though it hardly seemed like it at the time. Her curiosity was unusual, but it pointed more towards diligence than it did towards intellectual capacity, and it wasn’t until her teens, when the levels of isolation she faced became overpowering that she truly started finding comfort in it.

It was indeed her early puberty in the recently reunified Germany that saw her set off on the path to become the woman she is today. A database gathered during her more innocent years left her feeling increasingly unsatisfied with the changing and on occasions inconsistent nature of the knowledge she was given. Rather than daunted by this, however, she found in it a use for her increasingly vacant time. A hard to notice transition followed, as she shifted from following through on tasks to perfection, to preparing for future ones. In the absence of a sharp transition, it seemed to her peers as though she had always been the teacher’s pet, and the know-it-all, which lead to her increasing alienation from her peers. Partially, it was her seeing them as ever less interesting, and partially it was them refusing to associate with her. Her Killjoy attitude did little to help.

Hence, it followed logically that she would attend a gymnasium, and it was equally inevitable that she would attend a university. The financial difficulties were resolved through scholarships, and her parents’ reluctant assistance. They never could understand why their daughter would leave the city of her birth. To many that knew her, she seemed like she had always been the smartest person around. Yet the reason for her alienation was a constant quest to improve herself, to become better and finally become accepted, that paradoxically, saw her moving ever further away from those of whom she might seek acceptance.

The habits of learning and questioning, that had served her well before, proved even more valuable in a university setting. Starting off in medicine, but dropping out while gaining a psychology degree saw her enter the field of neuroscience. She had been drawn to it by the promise of not treating patients while still researching in a field that could learn her name. That acclaim came to her wasn’t unappreciated, but it did little to satisfy her. More and more she became absorbed in the research itself. Yet the closer to an answer she moved the further from clarity she felt as more and more questions came, straining her ever thinning resources. In the face of this she worked harder, ever pursuing her goal. To most that would seem like a torturous state. A scientist from the softer half of her field would have probably seen signs of this in her health. Yet for her that was an exhilarating experience, that dwarfed and inconveniences. Funding however, was a limited resource, and she eventually realized that for all her ambitions, there was only so far she could go alone. And it was then, when she was offered additional funding, should she choose to represent her country in front of something called the X-COM project. She didn’t wonder much before accepting, and she didn’t regret her choice.

Connorcj

First Name: Peter
Last Name: Briggs
Nationality: English
Military Rank: Lance Corporal, British Army.
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5'10
Weight: 185lbs

Biographical Synopsis: Born in England, just over twenty-three years ago, Peter's family wasn't exactly well off. He didn't start life with a leg-up on anybody. With his parents both working to provide for him and his elder sister, he grew up with relatively little. It wasn't a miserable existence, he did well in school - despite being a bit of a hassle to be around, he had many friends and he made an effort not to make any trouble for his parents; this gesture didn't extend to anybody else, but that's besides the point. When he left high school at sixteen, he was intent on going to college, and university, and getting a nice cushy job where he could live life in relative comfort. He had the brains, and he thought he had the will.

After college, he took out a loan and made a genuine attempt at university. He moved out of his parents house, determined not to be a burden to them any longer, and began studying biology. However, 'the best laid plans oft' go awry...' What he certainly didn't account for was how...boring and unsatisfying continuing his education would be. It was mind numbing; every lecture and every page he turned, the voice in the back of his head whispered to him: "You don't want to be here. There's more to life than this." And after almost a year, he finally got the stones to be honest with himself.

Now, most lads in the modern era grow up on cartoons and action movies. The hero, the soldier, kicking ass and taking names. As a young boy, if anyone were to ask him what he wanted to be when he grew up, the excited words that would fumble out of his mouth would be "I'm gonna be a soldier!" Back then, he thought it was about being a one-man army who got to go on amazing adventures and blow stuff up; yet even after growing up and recognizing the reality, the dream was still there.

Whilst the recruitment officer tried to push him toward becoming an officer, that wasn't what Peter had in mind. He was a grunt. In the thick of it. He signed his name on the dotted line, and off to training he went.

He wasn't anything particularly special in training either; he had some level of competency but not to any kind of exemplary level. Not yet anyway. Still, Private Briggs completed his training and his first tour was in Afghanistan, yet it didn't begin as he expected it would. For most of the time he standing in the hot sun, baking his ass off and taking pot-shots at the occasional desert rat. Christ, at least at home he could sit on the internet, or go out and drink!

Most people would say going without any real enemy contact for a while would be a good thing, but Briggs was counting the days until he could feel the rush of combat. Whilst on patrol with his section, and came under fire from insurgents. They were pinned behind a wall by a couple of guys wearing robes and battered AKs, and he froze. His back felt pinned to the shoddy brickwork, and his hands went numb with how tightly he clutched his rifle.

His fellow squad mates returned fire, yet when the second volley came one of them took a round in the shoulder and dropped. The other ceased firing, and screamed for Briggs to do something. Pete couldn't really hear him; the gunfire was so damn loud... But the look in his comrades eye was fear, for both his own life and their injured friend, and for the first time in what felt like hours Peter took a breath. Suddenly, he could hear the screams of his fellow private, and the other trying to put pressure on the wound whilst yelling for him to shoot back - that was a good idea. They couldn't exactly sit their all day!

With a sudden sense of clarity, Pete dislodged his back from the wall and pointed his rifle over cover when the insurgents stopped to reload. With two, short bursts the men were down. He was awarded a military cross for that. The first of many acknowledgements of distinguished service, to be sure.

To say the next few years changed Peter would be an understatement. Whilst military life, and combat, was nothing like he had initially imagined it to be, in some dark way he even enjoyed it. It became who he was; Peter Briggs, the soldier. Civilian life just didn't compare to the comradery of his fellow soldier, the excitement of going on an OP, the constant flow of adrenaline... To paraphrase somebody who said rather poignant things: being on duty was like falling through the sky - everything was real and exciting, the constant flood of adrenaline was both exhausting and addictive, and coming home was like hitting the ground. It took quite the toll on his family life, and outside of his platoon he didn't really have any friends. Yet the situation simply drove him to push himself further. To try harder.

Throughout his time on active duty, he was part of many operations and proved to become an excellent soldier, with a certain calculated-eagerness and cajones of solid brass, he excelled among his peers. Then, came the promotion: lance corporal! It was one of the proudest moments of his life, and he was willing and ready to continue in valiant service to his country.

However, a new enemy arrived, and this enemy wasn't human. When the aliens arrived, and Peter heard the reports, he was both stoked and terrified. The thought that an enemy who had the capacity to endanger his family, and so many others, was dreadful - it wasn't like anything he had faced before and the worry was something foreign to him. He had long ago accepted that to be a soldier was to put one's life on the line to fight a worth-while fight; but there weren't just soldiers who were going to be killed. So many civilians...

Fortunately for him, and perhaps unfortunately for the invaders, Xcom had put the word out to militaries around the world - searching for the best and brightest to join the first response team. This was information for those way above Peter's pay-grade, but his commanding officer had no reservations about giving the opportunity to Briggs; and was there really any doubt about his answer? After pushing that unnerving worry down deep, he gave a nod of his head and a salute to his CO. He wanted to be part of this fight.

Last edited:
L

Lynx

First Name: Damien
Last Name:Strauss

Biographical Synopsis: D.O.B:January 12, 1988
birthplace: Virginia
current age:27
occupation before being recruited:hunter/pathfinder
military career: was in combat in the Iraq war, as well as two covert wars for the marines.
weapon of choice if given: sniper rifle
confirmed kills in combat: 20+
known defects: has a scar across his chest from an accident when he was little, he is near sighted so he wears glasses or special contacts on missions.
physical and mental description: pale skinned Asian american, brunette hair tied up and hidden under a hat when on mission, blue eyes, has a tendency to swear in multiple languages, see's his enemies as prey to be hunted and taken down, waiting and picking the perfect target to take down. see's himself as a tool for his commander to use, not minding if he dies or his body is used to better humanity, seeing it as an honor.
last known mission details: It was a harsh winter in Russia, as Damien was surveying the battlefield ahead of him, watching for his target, a defected soviet commander with a distinct hatred for america and most capitalistic nations, even his own. as damien waited in the snow, he flashed back to a similar instance back in Virginia, him camped out on a hill, overseeing the valley below his home, watching for his prey, an 8 point white tailed dear, grazed, waiting for the perfect shot, before *crack* he fired, and his prey fell. he smiled back at that, as he saw his current prey driving to the meeting sight, crossing a bridge, as Damien tracked ahead of him.*crack!* his rifle rang out, and the driver of the Russian jeep was shot, causing him to swerve and veer off into the freezing depths below, which made Damien frown, always savoring seeing his dead prey face to face, but satisfied as he watched, but no one surfaced."Rapture, do you read me?" his commanding officer said into Damien's earpiece."yes sir? the target is eliminated, proceeding to exfil." "alright Rapture, we are sending you on a special assignment for you...."

*rest of file is currently being downloaded commander.*

Pledge:

MathNerdMatt

First Name: Matthew

Last Name: Carter

Height: 6’ 3”

Weight: 125 lb.

Place of Birth: Wayzata, MN, USA

Physical Description: He is very tall but also very skinny. He has short brown hair, and blue eyes. His skin looks as if it has never seen the light of day.

Biographical Synopsis: Matthew had always been smart for his age group. By the age of 10 he had graduated High School and had written his first Biology Textbook (which is now used in schools around the world). By the age of 17, he graduated top of his class from MIT with two PhDs. One in Biology and another in Astronomy. He is now working at NASA and is the leading Astrobiologist in the world. However, he never worked for anything. All of his success has come easily to him. He spends most of his time of websites such as YouTube and reddit. But, he is one of the smartest people on the planet and as such, he was seen by X-COM as an important scientist to have on the project. He knows more about alien life than anyone else. However, his “know it all” attitude and his affinity for sarcastic comments make him hard to work with. He would not have been chosen for the X-COM project if he was not necessary to its success.

Audio Recording:

Matthew: “Do I have to say this load of Bullshit? I’m not even going to be a soldier, I’m going to sit in the lab all day saving your Asses.”

X-COM Officer: “Just read the Damn Pledge.”

Matthew: "Fine. I have enlisted myself in XCOM. I’m going to follow the rules, Blah Blah Blah-"

X-COM Officer: “Read it in full.”

Matthew: “Even the part about the ‘elite military soldier’?”

XCOM Officer: “It is standard for all employees of XCOM.”

Matthew: “Fine. ‘I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM Special Forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander CristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.’ Is that good enough?”

XCOM Officer: “Perfect”

Last edited:
Z

Zadus

"Words. I've never been good with them. Words alone are often meaningless. Me? I'm more of an action kind of guy myself.

But I will say this. I will do anything to keep everyone... all of humanity... safe. Anything. Because that will give this life of mine some meaning.

Shoot me once and I'll get right back up. Cut off my limbs and I'll bite those X-Ray bastards to death. And if I have to die... well, then I can at least hope it wasn't in vain."

Samuel Höök, aboard 'Big Sky' moments before landfall during Operation C-L-A-S-S-I-F-I-E-D.

"But seriously, why does my armor have to be bright pink? The higher-ups might as well paint a big fat target on it, while they're at it! Or how about a sign that says 'shoot here!' Christ."

Samuel Höök, in the Barracks at XCOM HQ.
(Note: All of the above ONLY applies if Samuel has already been chosen by Commander Odd.)

First name: Samuel
Last name: Höök
Nickname: Sammy
Date of birth: 22 February, 1989
Place of birth: Norrtälje, Sweden
Nationality: Swedish
Biographical synopsis: Born and raised in Norrtälje, Sweden, Samuel "Sammy" Höök has always been full of himself. Even so, he has also always been able to work well with those who can earn his respect. While he never made any real effort in school, his grades were still above average. He works as a veterinarian. He is single. He has, in the past, been involved in criminal activities such as drug deals and robbery. In his youth he hunted with his father, who raised him alone. The father died when Samuel was sixteen under mysterious circumstances (a former friend and fellow gang member might have been involved). Samuel is skilled with most kinds of standard firearms.

*extracts from audio recordings with Adjutant Edwin Grayson*

"Is it okay if I smoke, sir? Cool. Thanks. Well, I was born and raised in Norrtälje. It's, ah, a small city not that far away from Stockholm. My grades in school were average at best. But that was more to a lack of interest on my part than anything else. Still, I made a ton of friends, though some were... better than others."

"Even as a kid I was fast and strong. I had the patience and willpower few other children possess. Not to mention that I've always been a dead-eye. Whenever I compete in shooting competitions I win 9 out of 10 times. Yes, I'm THAT good."

"'Sammy,' my father used to say. 'You have 'It'. The mind and body of a hunter.' I don't mean to sound dramatic here, sir, but that has always been both a... blessing and a curse, I suppose. But for what is worth, the curse-part has more to do with the mistakes that I've made."

"That's why I'm here, isn't it? The reason why I've been chosen for this hush-hush affair of yours?"
*end*

*private message*

To: Commander Odd

Commander,

While Mr. Höök may not have any formal military training, his current skills and sheer potential cannot be denied. Despite his shady past and occasional bouts of depression, I highly recommend you to at least look over his files. If you choose to let him join our cause, I would also recommend you to assign him to sniper duties. His aim is nothing short of remarkable. He has however shown interest in heavier firepower and his speed could also make him quite useful as a support. The choice, as always, is yours.

Good luck, and may God be with us all.

*end*

Last edited by a moderator:

NecronDaddy

First Name:Armin
Last Name:Arlert
Nick Name:Bezerker
As a kid Armin was a outcast,being bullyed in school and being abused by his drunk father who dident know how to cope with the loss of his wife.Armin had it rough even tho he still tryed his best to be noticed not in a good way tho.He ran away from home and lived on the land not wanting to do anything exept kill time.One day he met some guy's from the local street gang,
they dident treat him like a outcast and he thought he finally found someone who might care about him.They told him he has a bright future in the gang as there top "dog".His life got worse from that point on the top "dog" rank was nothing more then a title for the sceap goat.One day when the gang was away a police unit assaulted
their base,Armin was all alone with nothing but a pistol,not knowing what to do he started to panic,all alone against a fully trained S.W.A.T unit he thought he was going to be killed for sure.In a state of shock he grabed his pistol and hid inside a locker that was to the right of the door.After the S.W.A.T unit breached the door he griped the pistol,preparing to draw his
last breath.What he did not know was that this was a practice raid and that the Police unit dident expect anyone to be in here so they went in horibly un-equiped to deal with a real threath.Armin lunged out from his hiding place and started to shoot.The unit paniced thinking that there are more enemy units nerby taking in to acount how they were prepared they rushed out.
Still in a state of shock Armin smiled thinking that he can beat anyone and anything.After this ordeal he got his life together finished school and went to get military traning.He joined the very S.W.A.T unit that he scared of a few years ago,he chuldent help but to luagh at the coincedence.After a few years he was aproached by a man in a dark coat requesting his presence
in a millitary facilty where he will recive more training and become one of the best's assault units eventualy making it to the top 5 most respected officers of the fbi.His handler asked him out one night to inform him of a special program that he wants Armin to inlist in telling him that it will bring him great glory and money.Armin just chuldent help but to luagh at his supirior
for ofering him glory and money.He replied "Il inlist but il tell you this once again my frend i dont do this for money or glory.....I do it for the joy and the rush that i feal when im in the thick of it.I hope this is something that will keep my attenting for more then 1 mission and if it does il personaly call you and tell you:Yep,you were right boss now im of to the slaughter".

P

picklecannon

New
First Name: Thomas
Last Name:
Sosh

Thomas paces the room, a single red light shining harshly above in the confined prison cell, casting eerir shadows through the legs of the single wooden table.

'Dear diary', he begings to write, pencil scratching across the cheap prison issue paper, 'today is my 28th, no 29th day in solitary confinment', he pauses, looking at the red light, blinking slowly. 'Im bored. FUCK im bored, been here for too long on my own with only my only thoughts and this fucking table for company'.

Thomas, on his own in his cell, is not particularly interesting to look at, a meer 5ft 6, medium build with a mop of thick brown hair that gives the impression of being black sits akwardly at angels on his head, he continues writing "I should'nt be here, yet im forced, day after day to write in this stupid diary/

'Apparently the prison psychologists insist its a "healthy part of my rehabiliation into normal society", "whatever that is supposed to mean". 'Regardless dear diary I am writing to you now, how are you? Feeling well?'' ; Thomas flings the pencil gently across the table, chuckling softly to himself.

The cell, cheaply built in the 1800's by the chinese is akwardly sloped, he was convincedit was only built to make sleeping even more difficult, as if the freezing cold stone floor and constant red light were not enough of a hindrance. He did not like cold, slightly damp floors.

He detested the darkness even more, when the light was turned off.

A shaft of pure light broke though the gloom, bringing into focus the large midriff of a chinese security officer.

"Well good morning Xiao, fancy popping in for a chat?", Thomas smiled at the hole in the door, bending over to see if he would make eye contact today with another human being this week.

"no", came the clipped response, metal baton wipping forward to clang against the metal door, "no", another tap, another painfully loud echo through his cell, "no", another harsh clang of metal on metal, another echo.

This was the time of the week Thomas looked forward to. Rats, whilst amusing to hunt in the darkness did not taste particularly nice, althought they were certainly abundent. "Whats on the menu this week friend"? He enquired to the belly in the shaft of light. Regardless of himself an edge of desperation edged into this voice.

For the past 4 months, moved around various cells the guards had found it hilarious to offer him roast rat. For just the taste of bread Thomas would of done virtually anything.

"Man to see you. Hands in air" Xiao chirped, baton whipping forth again.

A guest? Had the British consulate finally got his letters? He didnt have any family but their must of been someone from back home who remembered him, someone who would enquire about his whereabouts. He knew, for a fact, his governent would of denied him working for them, would of denied his very existence, so who...

The door creeked upon, the sudden wash of bright, pure light causing Thomas to squeeze his eyes tights, raising his hands slowly, it hurt, god it hurt, but it was a good pain.

The woman who entered wore a start black dress, flat shoes, hair tied in a tight bun at the back of her head. She carried herself with the look of a soldier, straight backed, spoiled somewhat by the wry smile etched onto her face.

"Well Thomas. Dont you look like shit", the stranger announced.

"Who the fuck are you lady, and why the fuck are you in my cell", Thomas chirped, annoyed that the first contact he had with another human being would be with a stranger who simply wished to insulted him.

He had enough of the insults. Physical as well as mental.

"Relax", she paced across the roam, nearly stacked the paper on the table and sat down in its absence, slowly crossing her legs and looking Thomas in the eye.

"Some of your former, aqquaintces from Europe heard you were in this, place, shall we say, and wish to have a quick chat with you somewhere a little more, salubrious", her clipped french accent spoke this quickly, quietly, as if she didnt wish anyone else to hear. We have a job we think you would be interested in".

"Who" Thomas responded, "and what is your name. Its impolite to not introduce yourselff", Thomas meant this to, he was a son of England and manners came as naturally as breathing

"Who I am, who I was, who you were, who you pretend to be are not of interest to anyone at this point in time, I could kill you now, in this very cell, and no-body would give a fuck. Do you understand? I want to discuss something with you, but before we do, I need you to sign this document"

The aforementioned document was handed quietly to her but a short man in black clothing, who scurred in and out of the cell before Thomas could get a proper look at him. It was a plan white A4 binder, with a strange sigil on the front, the words "X-COM" etched into the front in stark black ink.

"You are known in certain, groups, as having a particular set of skills that make you very valuable, very valuable indeed to, quieter parts of the government, home and abroad", the lady went on, arching her long back getting up from the table, however the time for squabbles between nations has been temporarily suspended"

Thomas looked at her quizically "Lady, I dont know how much about me, and ill be honest, im not sure how long ive been in here, but if your seriously going to barge into my quiet little corner of paradise and tell me the worlds problems have come to an end, you need to do much better than that".

"Oh I can" she flung the document at his feet, making a suprisingly loud noise as is struck the stone floor, "read the first page, ill be waiting oustside for you in 5 minutes. If your not outside by then, ill close this door, and nobody will every know I was here.

Three minutes later, in a quiet cell on the southern border of Chine, a man with a mop of dark brown hair stalked out of his prison cell into a changed world.

F

filip

First Name: Richard

Last Name: Scott

Biographical Synopsis: “I was born on a Wednesday, maybe a Thursday, on a colder-than-usual day in northern Main. I always had low standards and expectations growing up, I never intended to become anything more than a grocery store attendant, but when I was 18 all my plans changed. Sick of my boring job I joined the military, there I earned such metals as the Purple Heart. I was recognized as a war hero, and I came home more confident and ready to see my family, but little did I know that things were not what I expected them to be. My older brother who also joined the army never made it back, which confused me at first because I remembered getting a letter from him a week before my arrival. I was extremely upset by this, but what was more upsetting was the fact that my family blamed me for this. They felt that I could have helped him somehow, and even though I knew that I couldn’t have, I still felt responsible. I was shunned by the community and looked down on by almost everyone around me, the only person who didn’t was my childhood friend Anastasia. One day I asked her to marry me, and soon enough we were. We then moved to central Virginia and started a new life, I went to college and became a renowned professor while she kicked off her accounting business. Things were going well until March 19, 1994, while on her way back from work Ana was robbed and gunned down near a gas station, the shooter was a friend of my brother. After this I fell into a deep depression and started drinkin’ I quit my job and with ought Ana her business failed. And that’s my life story, now what do you want?”

The two large men dressed in grey suits and blue ties asked a few more questions,

“Have you ever taken drugs?”

“No”

“Are you medically insane?”

“No”

“How far did you get in College?”

“I graduated with a PHD in historical warfare, and a masters in biochemistry.”

This went on for a while until I was handed a card. “What’s this?” I asked, “It’s our card, said the man to my left.” “Call us if you need anything.” With that they left. For a while I forgot about the card that is until I needed money so desperately I was checking my chewed-up couch for loose change. After finding the card I called the men and asked them for a little bit of money, the next day I was ten thousand dollars richer, and a whole lot happier. I lasted on that money for a few months until needed some more, then I called again. Rinse and repeat. About a month after the third time I heard a knocking at my door, it was the two men. At first I was hesitant about opening the door, I figured that they would have wanted their money back, so I pulled out my handgun from the dresser and quickly undid the lock. “Mr. Scott, would you be so kind to invite us in?” I let them inside and sat down on my couch, “What,” I asked. “Mr. Scott we are in desperate need of your services.” “What kind of services?” I asked. “You are of great intelligence and military expertise, we need you.” “Why should I?” “Well,” said the slightly larger man, “If you do this for us your monthly income would be doubled, tripled even, and we could offer you something even greater than just money.” “Oh yea, what could that possibly be?” I said somewhat sarcastically. “Redemption,” said the other man, I was dead serious now, “We could help you prove yourself to your family and friends, and you could prove yourself to your beloved Ana.” I was shocked at first, but then I thought, could this really be a chance to turn my life around? I was handed another card, “Call us if you make up your mind.” With that they left, I went to bed sleepless and confused, should I do it? The next day I put on my old army clothes and grabbed what little I had, then I gave them a call. Not even an hour latter there was another knock at my door, I opened it, unsurprisingly it was the same two men. “Have you made up your mind Mr. Scott,” the one two my left said. “Yes,” I stated picking up my suitcase, “I’m coming with you.” The two men seemed pleased and nodded, they ushered me into a large helicopter and we briskly took off. I don’t know what these men want or why they are here, but I know it’s because something big is going on. Was it worth it, am I making the right decision? I don’t know and honestly I don’t care, but I’ll do it, for redemption and Ana. My thoughts were interrupted by the fatter man. “Sir, would you please sign these papers, for legal reasons.” I dotted and dashed a few pages, and then everything got dark. The two men asked me to stand up, I stood. “Repeat after me, I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite soldier, in the X-COM Special Forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My Life.” I was shocked at first, what have I gotten myself into? I couldn’t respond, I was shocked, but then I said it. I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite soldier, in the X-COM Special Forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My Life.” The men sat down and we didn’t speak for the rest of the ride. I don’t know what I got myself into, but I know that there is no backing out.

T

Tristan

First Name:Tristan
Last Name:Beavers
Biographical Synopsis: █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Agent Beavers █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Operation Silent Knife █ █ █ █ █ █ CIA █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Three years in a Russian prison █ █ █ █ █ █ Excellent at espionage and a amazing shot █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Manages to fake being insane for freedom █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █Enlists for Xcom project █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

E

Emma_Seven

RECRUITMENT VETTING REPORT - SHORT FORM

Given Names: Holly Elizabeth
Surname: Maddox
Nickname: None known at this time
Nationality: British (Welsh)
Occupation: London Metropolitan Police - SCO19 (Specialist Firearms Command)
Biographical Summary
Birthplace: Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Date of Birth: 06/06/1990
Education: December 2008 - High School completed. Attained scores to enter university but elected to join the police.
Service: January 2009 to October 2012 - Standard police service. All in uniform branch but including undercover and investigative assignments.
November 2012 to December 2013 - Training and Probabtionary posting to SCO19, London Metropolitan Police Specialist Firearms command.
January 2014 to current - Operation deployment with SCO19
Recruiting Comments
Commander,
Ms Maddox has had a relatively normal life, especially compared to some of our other candidates but her police service should allow her to work well with other members of the project. From our examination of her performance reviews, interview transcripts and standard follow up queries, we believe she may be a suitable candidate for the X-Com project. She is noted for remaining calm under fire and in tense situations, and apparently has an aptitude for dealing with highly strung civilians in tense and dangerous situations. Her control officers from her undercover assignments also noted that she handles people well and as such we believe she may prove useful in dealing with those situations where we need to communicate with civilians and other agencies in a more discrete manner. We also not that she has extensive firearms training as well as some advanced first aid.
Overall, the recruitment vetting section beleives Ms Maddox would provide useful service and a slightly different skillset to the project and present her records and this reccomendation for your perusal.
Tobias Miller
Section Chief, Recruitment Vetting Section - X-Com Command

Q

Qaz4725

First Name: Jason

Last Name: Eaton

Nickname: Qaz
Biography:

My name's Jason, but I prefer to be called Qaz. My life up to age 17 was pretty plain, boring, simple, etc. Homeschooled in a family of three, nothing happened that really stood out to me. But the day of my seventeenth birthday, my entire life turned around. That day, I had planned to go to a movie with my friends, but instead got caught up in the crossfire of a gang rivalry. The bullets shattered the windows, popped the tires, and hit two of the four people that were in the vehicle. Once they had succeeded in nearly ending four lives, they moved to a new location, giving me time to call the police, and an ambulance. The gangs didn’t move too far away, and so when the police came they simply arrested them and that was that. Or, almost. My best friend nearly died from a shot to the neck, but because of proper training in the BSA, I kept him alive long enough for the ambulance to arrive.

Because of this incident, I decided to major in law in college, hopefully to become a policeman. After a few years, I ended up being head of the police department. In the course of my police training, I became very experienced with many weapons, one of my favorites being the Uzi. I also encountered many different situations, many of them very unique, and many of them routine, “Step 1, Step 2” kind of things. One of the most prominent encounters in my experience, was an encounter with a policeman. Yes, a cop was breaking the law. You see, he had already gotten fined for DUI a few times before, but this time… We were chasing him, and he swerved into a tour van for some band, and it fell over causing a massive explosion. I was glad I only got hit by the shockwave (which sent my car flying backwards, but thank God I landed upright) instead of the actual explosion. The cop we were chasing died in the blast, but we never could determine the reason for the massive explosion.

I’ve always had this sense of justice, so I thought I needed to defend more than my local vicinity. You can probably guess where this is leading: Me joining the military. I started off in the navy, doing stuff, whatever, I don’t really remember what we did it was boring. Nothing happened. But for some reason, I showed some sort of specialness to my superiors, and I got a medal, or position or whatever of some sort. About a year later I dropped out of the navy. I think I remember being told by just about everyone twice or three times over something to the effect of: “You’re a genius!”, or like: “How’d you get the game to do that?!” I dunno, am I a math genius? Programmer? It seems so to me, not sure though. Anyways, a few days later I was informed about X-COM. I was very excited to hear that I may be able to protect the entire world. I signed up to be a programmer with this pledge:

I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM Special Forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

-Qaz

Status
Not open for further replies.