XCOM Role Play Season 4: Enemy Within [RECRUITMENT CENTRE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherOdd

Commander
Staff member
[This thread is ONLY for recruiting.]
enemy-within-awesome-540x303.jpg

If there are a lot of submissions here already, DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED. This season is not a first come, first serve styled application system.

Edit: Please only create an application for 1 character. Multiples will be ignored.

It's time for another role play season of XCOM. Before you get all excited and write up a crazy bio for a potential soldier, PLEASE READ ALL OF THESE RULES THAT HAVE BEEN METICULOUSLY CRAFTED so that you have the best chance of getting into this season.

The Time Line

1947 - An alien probe arrives in the Solar System. It arrives on Earth by July, scanning the surface from space for a few days before sending out a go-signal and crash landing on July 7th in Roswell, New Mexico in the United States. Its remnants are recovered by the US government and the event is covered up. Civilians are unaware of this occurrence.
2014 - An alien scout arrives on Earth and sets up an alien base in a remote location. It goes unnoticed and the scout calls for the rest of the fleet once the base is set up.
2015 - The fleet arrives in the Solar System, its advanced cloaking technology hiding it from being detected. On March 1st the first of the alien strikes is ordered in a civilian centre. The local military team sent in to investigate went silent. The XCOM Project is launched as one of the protocols set for these situations. Commanding this Project is Commander Odd and the project is financed by the Global Council. While an underground base is prepared, a squad of four XCOM soldiers is sent to investigate the site.

The Rules

1. Maximum of 1 journal entry per episode per character. This is quite a big change from previous seasons where you could write as many journals as you like. The reason for this change it to make things easier for people to follow (myself included) and to encourage creativity. Your post can be as long as the character limit allows. I'm hoping this inspires you to make each journal entry count!
2. The role play takes place in the X-COM Universe as laid out by the game. For sake of simplicity, this is the one and only Universe.
3. X-COM chooses the best and brightest people from around the world. You're not sure why, and you're not sure for what, but you've been chosen for something. And it's big.
4. You are a human being, aged 18-55, without special abilities or powers.
5. The only alien attacks that occur are the ones displayed in the game. They're small and fast, XCOM is the only first-response team that has experience by the time multiple strikes start to happen.
6. Previous seasons of X-COM have not occurred from a role play perspective.
7. Unless you apply to be Annette or one of the other three abductees rescued along the way, your character has not had contact with any aliens prior to joining X-COM.
8. If your signature is more than 200 pixels tall, your application will be ignored. Sounds like an odd request (see what I did there?) but it really helps to improve the readability of the journals.
9. All applications have to be submitted before 8PM EST on Saturday the 14th of December 2013. I would encourage you to submit early and I may reach out if something is incorrect in your application.
10. You can apply for characters like Bradford, Shen, Vahlen, Zhang, Durand and the three abductees rescued in Furies. Keep in mind the restrictions that come with these characters and the backgrounds they might have. These type of characters cannot be played until they are introduced in the game itself, but the applications have to be in with all the others.
11. We also have Pilot Positions available. 1 Skyranger, and 5 Interceptor Pilots (One pilot for each continent).

Tips for your character

- Remember that Journal entries are personal. They cannot be read by other characters without your permission ;)
- Be creative with your back story.
- Think about a profession you may have. X-COM chooses the best and brightest. You'll likely have some military training.
- Soldiers do not have access to lab specimens and equipment, if even the floor. There are windows and you can talk to scientists, but it is unlikely anyone will let you in.
- You are not a hacker and even if you were, breaking into the XCOM systems is practically impossible. An alien computer would likely be able to do it, but no human-alien computer interface exists.
- Do your research, if you are not sure about something ask someone or try to look it up. If you wonder if field medics (which supports really aren't, since they just know how to apply a med-spray) can perform medical procedures in the facility, you'll soon find the answer is no. They did not study medicine, they are trained as soldiers.
- Regarding other characters' journal entries: Perhaps your characters keeps to him/herself; the base is large and not everyone is social. Or perhaps you simply do not have the time to read it all.

Some VERY IMPORTANT Additional Notes

Your character has no choice when it comes to undergoing gene modding or MEC surgery. When you made your pledge, you signed your freedom away. You are subject to your Commander's whim, but keep in mind that this loyalty will also be rewarded.

MEC soldiers do not walk around the base in the big suits, just their default robotic limbs. These limbs are configured to act like normal limbs and cannot exert more force than a regular soldier. Being lifted into the suit means having these default limbs removed and being hooked up to the suit at these joints. Because of the Meld, controlling the robotic limbs and suit comes fairly naturally and shouldn't feel much unlike controlling normal limbs.

Gene modded soldiers aren't quite as visibly distinct from regular soldier as MECs. The only visible distinctions are the points where the tubes were attached. The orange pulses and glows, though appearing in the game as a visual distinction for gene modded soldier, are not something that should be considered reality. This also goes for the 'super jump' and 'combat rush'; they do not have a visual trigger, it just happens. The only gene mod that can visually represent itself is mimetic skin, which obviously can render a soldier nearly invisible when up against a large surface, which is something that can be used around the base in role play.

Psionic soldiers have no visual distinctions, they look just like normal soldiers. Their powers are entirely mentally based. The only instances in which psionics affect the physical is when an Ethereal uses Psi Lance or when Psionic Rift is used and even then, the power itself is not visible, only its effect is seen (as in, the physical damage being done). Of course, Gollop Devices are otherwise the only means of converting psionic power into physical effects.

Furthermore, it is advised your character needs his or her time to adjust to these new powers. For the powers themselves, psionic soldiers don't have the ability to read minds or communicate telepathically. The Uber Ethereal was able to communicate with the Volunteer for just that; he is über: the most experienced and powerful psionic being in the game. It would be impossible for someone new to psionics to be able to get a coherent message across.

You can always apply the powers your soldier has in the game to your fellow soldier, but be aware the consequences. Mind controlling someone on the base is basically signing yourself off; it doesn't last very long and the person being mind controlled is fully aware of this afterwards. This doesn't mean you can't do it, but it's strongly recommended you don't, should you want to keep your character in X-COM. There is no way of having soldiers go rogue in the game, so it will likely mean termination.

Finally, some of the things that will be taken into consideration when judging your application is spelling and grammar, creativity and your overall ability to make me say: "Wow, I want this soldier in my squad!".

Getting Started

Step 1.
Read all of the rules above.

Step 2.
Reply once to this thread with the following format:

First Name:
Last Name:

Biographical Synopsis: [This is where you start your backstory. You do not have to reveal everything if you intend to make it part of your journals, but "very little is known" is not enough. Make it count, soldier! This is where the approval process will come into play.]
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Step 3.
All entries will be reviewed by me and will be judged by personal preference before being approved and must be submitted before 8PM EST on Saturday the 14th of December 2013. My favourite ones will get to come in first. This may seem subjective, and it kind of has to be. Unfortunately, not everyone will be approved, and hopefully that's okay. The previous seasons were first come, first serve, which also had it's issues. This will not be the last season of XCOM, so if you don't get in, please don't be discouraged.

Step 4.
Once approved you can participate in the roleplay, keeping mind there is a one entry per episode per person limit.

Step 5.
Have fun!

Final Remarks

Keep the deadline in mind! 8PM EST on Saturday the 14th of December 2013

Last edited:

Riqe

To: Commander ChristopherOdd

File on:
First Name: Richard
Last Name: Morgan
Nickname: "Rick"
Date-of-Birth: 2/13/1992
Place-of-Birth: Bedford, New York, USA
Height: 6'3" (AS OF 3/25/2014)
Weight: 187 lbs (AS OF 3/25/2014)
Date of Enlistment: 2/15/2010
Attached to Callsign: Wrath-ACTUAL(ACTIVE)
Rank(US ARMY): Sergeant
Marital Status: Engaged
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Tattoos: 75th Ranger Regiment Emblem(RIGHT SHOULDER)
Current Place of Residence: Fort Benning, Georgia, USA
Bio Summary:
Born in 1992 to a mildly wealthy family in the suburbs of New York, Richard "Rick" Morgan was always a cut above. He got good grades in school, captain of the football team and was on track to going to college and taking over the family investment firm. But he wanted something more. He wanted to be able to give back to the nation that bore him. To live the words of his grandfather and be a man for others. On his eighteenth birthday he left the comfortable family life and joined the Army Rangers. He was sent down to Fort Benning to begin Army Ranger School. After graduating, he was attached to the 75th Ranger Regiment, 1st Battalion as a Corporal. Morgan was part of Fireteam Wraith(ACTIVE), commanded by Sergeant Church (DECEASED), an old, veteran Ranger, 54 at the time of his death, who had been in over a hundred clandestine operations. Church acted as a mentor to Morgan, passing on his experience before his death during a classified operation. After the death of Sergeant Church during Morgan's first year of combat, he took command and led Fireteam Wraith for four more years of combat in the Middle East, participating in multiple infiltrations, urban raids, rescue missions, and other classified operations in other parts of the world. After three years Morgan was promoted to Sergeant. Sergeant Morgan's file is marked by adaptive thinking in a firefight and the finest examples of guerrilla warfare, once disorienting and neutralizing an entire Al Queda base garrison with four men and a herd of mountain goats. Morgan has the rare talent of precision and awareness of the larger picture, and has the motto of "Why do with five hundred men what you could do with four?" He has a very tight knit relationship with his three fireteam members, as they all experienced Sergeant Church's death during a, still classified, operation and five years of war and clandestine operations together. Sergeant Morgan's team holds one the highest success rate of all active clandestine units and is equal to a battalion of average infantry, in terms of combat effectiveness. Breaking them apart will be... difficult.

Psych Analysis:
From his Army Psychologist's records, it is clear that at the Base Morgan is quite man, but not anti-social. When he wants to speak he will say exactly what he wants to say and make sure everyone hears it. We have also found many journals written by Morgan. These record the events of his missions and base life and reveal that he is somewhat philosophic, started every entry with a quote(no indication who he is quoting, possibly himself). Under fire Morgan maintains his level-headed attitude, while still barking orders to his team. No alcoholism or drug abuse reported and he is engaged to his girlfriend(SIENNA PIERO), the wedding it scheduled for the summer of 2016, if there is a 2016...

XCOM Recruitment Office finds this candidate qualified for conscription into the XCOM Project and awaits final approval from you, Commander Odd.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited:

Gahlo

First Name: Quincy
Last Name: Fuller
Biographical Synopsis:
Security report # 51A57L
We found the subject snooping around outside. Upon questioning, he's displayed a disconcerting amount of knowledge on our operation. Most of it is nonsense, though there are bits of truth here and there. After reaching out to United States agencies, we have been able to find university records that make him appear to be a renaissance man of science. Releasing him would be a liability. We recommend either removing him, permanently, or making use of him.

Appearence:
Hair- Black
Eyes- Brown
Height/Weight- 5'9, 138
Build- Lanky
Notes- Glasses. Circular lenses, thin black frame.

Last edited:
First Name: Sypher
Last Name: Corinth

Hair- Black
Eyes- Hazel
Height/Weight- 5'11", 195lb
Build- Athletic
Martial Status- Single

Biographical Synopsis: Born in 1992, a village in Jordan just south of the dead sea, Sypher is the first son to a very religious father and caring mother. Growing up in the part of the world he did, Sypher was quick to fall in to the teachings of his father, while still knowing the innocence of childhood through his mother. The area and the surrounding boarders were always in turmoil, fighting against one another and dragging those who only wanted to remain neutral into it. The missionary that followed after the raid that happened on Sypher's home village, told him in his native tongue that they'd merely come to find bad people, terrorists they called them. Bad people? This was completely different from how his father described them. All those who chose to fight were monsters who thought no more than to take the life of other monsters in a never ending cycle of evil. The young Jordanian would have been inclined to believe his father as well from the harsh treatment from the initial raid, if not for the missionary who taught classes during the day to hold the children's attention while the soldiers did their job. Rather than forcing all the influence onto them though, the children were taught of a world where every person was judged by god upon their death, by them self during life. Those teachings stuck with the aging Sypher as he soon began to debate his father's harsh teachings not in rebellion but in a need to understand what was going on around him. Now a teen, Sypher would find himself spending more time with the soldiers who would cycle in and out of the village as it was along a normal route of surveillance they took. Through them he would really see what culture was as every soldier was among a different creed, considering the conflict that had slowly torn up the boarder where Sypher's village laid was a world issue. At sixteen, Sypher got his first experience of what the soldiers were going up against as he referenced back to the stories they told. Some spoke of random gun shots out in the distance, while others talked about explosions that came from underneath their vehicles and fighting for their lives. Rather than being terrified by it though, Sypher in his youth was simply to naive to imagine the inhumanities people could inflict on each other, but now as he looked off miles into the distance and saw the flames of war burning in the direction of where the caravan of soldiers were just talking to him before were headed, Sypher made a choice. Despite his family's objections, at eighteen Sypher would opt into open enlistment when offered by the soldiers and taken to one of the larger bases to begin his training.

"You'll be a murderer, not welcome in this house anymore and unable to see your mother or I, or your sister again. Is that what you want?!" Was the last question his father asked him before he pulled up the few personal things he was allow to bring with him.

"I'm fine as long as I can protect the family in the house." He would say confident in his decision. The now open minded male was determined to live his life in a way that would get him as many experiences, good and bad, that the world had to offer rather than living a small village for the rest of his days. A year of training would harden the green new recruit for his first field mission, which would also mark the first time he ever saw a man killed in front of him. Frankly the fact he was able to finish was a miracle, but after several more operations spanning over the next year, Sypher would find himself smiling again if only in the fact that he was able to live with person he'd become and the reasons he chose to bare arms.

One thing the hazel eyed Jordanian prided himself with was the multi-cultural exposure military service provided him with. Being that the conflict on terrorism was seen as a world wide threat Sypher was never short of people to talk to about other countries and beliefs that he would never had if he'd been content to staying in his village. A hobby he'd picked up during his travels was studying languages so that he was always prepared to talk to who ever whenever since the barrier would be nothing but a hindrance if a misunderstanding ever arose.

Notes: Either loved or hated for his go with the flow attitude. Often exchanges letters with the only family member still willing to speak with him, his sister Symphony. Sypher also wears a standard silver link necklace, a gift from his sister. She told him that despite what they say, that it was a family gift to celebrate his promotions in the service.

To date Sypher has kept a scrap book with a written article as well as a photo of every major country he'd had the honor to visit.

Damascus,Syria-The food was horrible
Baghdad, Iraq-Much to dusty. I felt like I was always cleaning my gun
Tehran, Iran- The city was much bigger than I'd anticipated
Mecca, Saudi Arabia- The people were friendly despite all that I had heard from other countries about their religious views.
Cairo, Egypt- Not to far from home, but so much hotter x.x
Kuwait, Kuwait-The food was delicious but the convoy I was attached to was only to stay there for three days while some political talks took place. Too bad.
Jerusalem, Israel- Again amazing people considering its zealous reputation
Washington D.C, America- Food was okay, Not to fond of grease, but it is the melting pot of the new world and enjoyable.
Though the service had taken the male all around the world and neck deep into conflict stricken areas Sypher never regretted his decision to see the worlds front lines instead of staying behind in ignorance. Now Sypher is under the impression that a whole new and even larger scale conflict was abut to begin and all he had to make his basis off of was a letter, although cryptic, inviting him to be part of a whole new operation known as the X-com project.

Psychiatric Evaluation: To put it bluntly most Psychiatrist including myself find his results to be cryptic at best. He shows a very high aptitude for change. This is something all involved with the subject has attested to. Whether under fire or accommodating unreasonable circumstances the subject has showed little sign of animosity and even exceeds expectations against such adversity with stunning regularity. The similarities in reports ends here unfortunately as a diverging opinion on the established soldiers state of mind is drawn based on his life style before service and the events marked as milestones during his service. Some speculation suggest that his melancholic personality and ability to stay calm during combat is all part of a war daze, or fog that is a result of his past upbringings clashing with his present self. Dissociative identity disorder or DID was diagnosed in about half of all reports as a way to protect his father's teachings by becoming another person. Other diagnosis including my own suggest more that instead of a disorder that denies who he is now, his actions on the battle field are a result of his acceptance to the changes in his life. Embracing everything around him, good and bad, coping with it, and living past it. This is what I assume has gotten him through all his tours and why he smiles looking back on them. While I don't know if it will be enough to get him through this global conflict Commander, I don't think having him on the battlefield puts us at a disadvantage.

Last edited:

Suryce

Game Master
First Name: Rebecca
Last Name: Robinson

Nickname: Crazy Rebby

Physical Description:
Tall and muscular. Mildly long black hair dyed as brown, which she will either put as a ponytail or style with a few braids. Small wrinkles around the eyes. A scar goes across her face, from her left eye, through her eyebrow and forehead on a slightly diagonal curve, and end in her hair with strands missing in its way. Her right eye is dark brown, but the left is yellow because of the injury.

Biographical Synopsis:
Rebecca Robinson, as she calls herself, was a child soldier involved in a major conflict of her native country. She eventually became insensitive to the violence she was forced to commit, and even started to find pleasure in it. This new and unique behavior was exploited by her superiors and she was trained into a ruthless killer. Her aggressiveness made her eager to listen to the instructions she was given, in order to learn more about the art of killing and to be provided with violent tasks to accomplish, but her insanity still made her into a very unpredictable and worrisome individual. While her appearance and her laugh were those of a child, she had apparently lost any empathy for the people around her, even allies, even fellow children. In a strange way, she only showed affection to inanimate objects, in particular her weapons, and for the rest lived for the sick pleasure of killing.

As years went on, she started to gain a reputation as the mad “Black Dog”, which inspired fear among her enemies and even some of her superiors. But for a reason incomprehensible to her, it also attracted other child soldiers around her, who were impressed by her fearlessness and willing to support her. At first, she felt bothered by them, but eventually decided to train them for her own use. She intended to exploit them, but as things went on, she developed actual relationships with them and started to care for other human beings for the first time in years.

She and her comrades were entering adulthood when the conflict ended with their faction’s defeat. They betrayed what remained of their superiors, stealing money and a stock of weapons, and burned any file referring to their existence. They disappeared in the countryside and became underground arms dealers. While they didn’t make many friends with such an activity, they were actually trying to get the weapons of the war out of the country.

The group lived as a sort of small mafia, and also dedicated itself to the difficult task of sheltering war orphans and ex-child soldiers. Rebecca led the growing organization for approximately ten years, but charity is a money-sinking business and problems multiplied too, especially since the country’s climate didn’t improved much, even without open-war.

Help came, but from an unexpected source. Rebecca had feared the idea of someone finding out about her past and getting her to be prosecuted for war crimes, but the woman who came to see her about the truth of the past had another plan in mind. She needed some help too, in the form of service. Military service. She was a recruiter for a secret military project.

As of today, age around 28 or 29 (birthday date unknown), Rebecca has refused to submit to any kind of psychological test or analysis. She is described among her peers as a cheerful but highly maniac individual, with a dangerous obsession for bashing the skull of her enemies.

Pledge:
I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited:

Grelite

First Name: Tarrmis
Last Name: Gorefest
Recruitment documentation:

"What makes a man take on such a name? It doesn't seem one for hiding. Intimidation? Extravagance? Eccentricity?" The documents in front of the man in the suit seemed to offer little in answers, it was the man across from him he hoped would give him answers. If he was to be invited to this initiative, his motives ought to be right.

"Smith, did you say your name was?", a gruff voice replied, "Is that a name to go down with? A name shared by so many it's become the very definition of average. When you set out to make a name for yourself, why not start with just that; a name. Why I chose this name specifically is not important, you know who I was, you know who I am." The man with the gruff voice leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms, reading through the contract.

"That is just my concern, mister uhm... Gorefest.", he spoke the name slowly, with a hint of disgust, which only made the man across him smirk. "You've not seen a battlefield in your life, your career has simply been in the police force. Albeit an impressive one, your attitude seems a little... Childish. Do you expect to be taken seriously with such a name?" Smith tapped the documents with his pen, leaning forward slightly, his face had a stern look to be taken seriously.

Yet Tarrmis stayed his position, still leaning back. "That city had a war going on beyond any battlefield. Getting shot at out there, whether you were on patrol or in deep cover, that's experience I doubt any soldier has. When I'm responsible for leading the team that took down the two biggest gangs that city had ever seen, what does my name matter? I do what needs to be done and I do it well."

After straightening his tie, Smith came with his retort: "So why does a man whose name stood for that fame need to start anew with the goal to achieve fame? You were in national papers, the photos of your team were sprawled across the front page. Furthermore, this position isn't one for fame. You will likely go down anonymous, the only people who will know your name are those you fight alongside. Surely you realize this?"

"When I said I wanted to make a name for myself, I certainly meant for myself. I know this won't bring me fame, but I still do this for me, but not under the name that already has its reputation. You may think it's trivial or childish, but I have my reasons. You just let me sign these papers, because I didn't come all the way down here just to get criticized. You would not have come down here if you thought I wasn't fit for this thing."

With a short nod the man in the suit handed over his pen. "I know you have the skills, but I wonder if your peers will be able to take you seriously." Tarrmis signed the papers with a short grunt, trying not to show his displeasure over the last thing Smith said. After taking back the pen and papers he packed them into his briefcase and stood up. "We will call on you when we need you, mister Gorefest. I am sure we will be able to find you."

B

BarbaricBeast

Timothy
Jones
Male
April 25, 1985

H: 72 inches
W: 225 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue

Bio : Husband to Janet and father to William, both deceased. Jones has been an active participant in Army reserve units since graduation from college. Graduated with 3.0 GPA as a double major in English and Education. Immediately started a family and joined the Reserves for supplementary income. Played one year of football at the college level and two-years of rugby, both non-scholarship. Physical abilities are slightly above-average, however, on-par with X-Com expectations. Within three months of the birth of his son, one month after joining the Reserves, wife and son perish in a home fire. Shortly after, Jones began to request activation to full-time service. Applicants background education is mostly non-relevant, however, he shows above-average ability to understand opponents in simulations and exceptional problem-solving ability, giving him a slight edge in being able to estimate opponents tactics. Empathy for fellow soldiers allows Jones to make connections with fellow Reservists that many are unable to, Psych believes Jones is using fellow soldiers as replacements for his former family. Has submitted a total of four requests to-date for activation, showing willingness and an apparent lack of outside commitments. Test-scores within the Military have been on-par with what X-Com has come to expect. Jones has proven in simulations to be a capable leader and to have a calm head when the action escalates. Lack of real field experience make him a possible liability, however, if simulations are accurate, Jones will be a capable addition.

S

sg2lycan

First name: Arthur
Last name: Seymour
Nickname: Sherlock

Biography: Born in 1963 in Britain, at a young age Arthur had a vast interest for knowledge. His father worked as a Constable in the Police Force while his mom was a nurse. At the age of 22 Arthur opened up a detective agency. During one case several years into the job, he was tasked to find a stolen artifact taken from the British Museum. The artifact was recovered from Mexico and believed to belong to an ancient culture. After weeks of tracking, he was led to a warehouse down by the docks. As he slowly opened the door, he was greeted with the corpses of the suspected burglars all suffering from serious chemical burns. The case left Arthur stumped and the artifact was nowhere to be found.

After failing to complete the case, Arthur became intrigued with the missing artifact and traced it to it's roots. He moved to America and went on long trips to Mexico to dig up more information and feed his curiosity. He later participated in the Second Cold War as a private and after several skirmishes was promoted to Corporal. Right after the war he continued to conduct his research and became a Professor in one of the American Colleges.

When the Afghanistan War started Corporal Arthur Seymour was called back into duty. His team got caught in an ambush and a bullet left a big gash on his cheek. But sheer determination and a cunning he rallied the troops and led the counter attack. He ended his service several years later at the rank of Lieutenant. Arthur moved to Mexico and owns a ranch. His home is filled with assortments of ancient relics and journals filled with findings.

During Valentines Day, Arthur was approached by a military official asking if he was interested on working in a secret military project. Arthur was about to decline before the recruiter hinted that they may know where the artifact originated from and where to get it.

Personality: Usually quiet and easy going, inquisitive when something piques his interest. Treats his squad like family. Takes operations slowly with well thought out plans.

Physical Appearance:
Grey eyes, Scar on the left cheek, Wavy white hair and a neat white beard.
Tanned skin with toned muscles. 80 Kg and 180cm tall.

Y

YNoir

First Name: Yorik
Last Name: Noir
Born:
March 25, 1984

The potential new recruit was born and raised in Germany, under his given name Philipp Schwarz. During his teen years he's a member of the Boy Scouts and apparently a BMX and punk rock enthusiast. He's a bright student with university potential, but is expelled from college due to possession of minor narcotic substances. Mandatory German military services draft him into the Gebirgsjaeger(combat mountaineers) as a medic. Voluntary enlistment into German Afghanistan operations is followed by reassigment to airborne medical service.
After 4 years of service with distinction in the German army, he returns to civilian life. Noir joins the German Red Cross as an EMT, but grows unsatisfied with mundane nature of the job.
He instead joins the French Foreign Legion, where he changes his name to Yorik Noir and attains French citizenship. 2 years of combat duty in Afghanistan, 3 years covert deployment in south american counterinsurgency operations and a special commendation lead to Noirs reevaluation into the officer branch of the French Army and medical studies in Paris.
Upon successful completion of University and Officer Training School follows deployment to the 2011 military intervention in Libya in a medical support role for a black flag strike team. Forced to take over command of the strike team after an unfortunate helicopter crash gravely injures CO and cuts communications with command, Noir and the team are left stranded in hostile Libya for 6 days. Hunted by the disorganized Libyan ground troops, the team manages to complete its mission despite a lack of able manpower and materials. After a gutsy border-crossing into allied territories without losses, Noir is secretly put on a list of potential XCOM recruits.
Here's where things become a bit strange: Instead of returning to normal duty or accepting a cushy staff position in a French Army hospital he goes AWOL during debriefing in Italy. Reports indicate Noir joined a series of mercenary outfits in Africa, South America and Asia, where data on him is a bit muddy.
He resurfaces shortly after the first alien contact and draws XCOMs attention by using his military connections to ask questions about the XCOM Initiative. The two agents that are sent to observe him, bring Noir in a few days later. Apparently he dropped in on their van during a stake-out and offered his services. So far he remains uncooperative regarding his knowledge about XCOM, and maintains that he will tell everything he knows if he's allowed to 'join the fun'.

Languages: German(fluent), English(fluent), French(fluent), Arabian(strong), Spanish(strong), Latin(some), Swaheli(some), Somali(poor)
Skills: Mountaineering, Paratroopers, Airborne Infantry, Covert Ops, Counterinsurgency, Medical, Command
Psychiatric Evaluation: Smart, highly creative, strong aptitude for lateral thinking, excellent memory retention skills. Easily bored, presumptuous, vindictive streak, questionable loyalties.

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life. Hell yeah!

Last edited by a moderator:

Meaningofbread

Name: Elizabeth "Pazzo" Grey

Biographical Synopsis:

Elizabeth was born into an upper class family and was raised poorly into the world. On her 18th birthday, she left her family to make her own fame and fortune. Unfortunately, she soon ran afoul of a criminal organization and was brought in to do their dirty work. Sensing an opportunity, she quickly joined.

First she was dispatched to small jobs, such as muggings. Her style was cold and careless, seeming to have no thought for the people she attacked. But soon her notoriety swelled and she grew to lead major crime rings in the city. After assassinating a local government official, she went in to hiding, uncontactable by the people around her. Fearing that she would be caught police, she moved to another country. And putting her in jurisdiction of international law.

She spent many years growing the criminal orginizations located there, and brought them up to stations of extreme power. But she knew this wouldn't last forever. Late, one winter night, she was ambushed by international law enforcement and endured a 4 hour long shootout, killing many. She was brought to the largest criminal court in the country and was placed in jail.

After waking up from a nights sleep she found herself bound in a chair...

"Ah... Hello Elizabeth." an unseen voice spoke from the darkness.
"Awww Man... Where the hell am I? I'm in prison right? Oh, OK this is some sort of advanced torture technique right? Well guess what BUB! You aren't getting anything from me." She slightly chuckles to herself, clearly having gone mad ages ago.
"On the contrary, I am here to offer you a job." The voice booms from outside the blindfolds.
"OOOOO! You must one of the SCARY federal agents here to CHANGE my course in life. Well guess what? You can keep your 'job' to yourself."
"On the contrary, this time you might want to accept this. You either join us now, or stay back in prison and die with the other inmates." Elizabeth begins struggling in her binds, in no particular rush to get out, but still proving a point.
"Get to the end of it. Save me the speech. Convince me." She murmurs. Footsteps echo around her.
"We could kill you, right, now... And no-one would know Mrs. Grey." Minutes pass, they seem like hours.
"Alright, what do I get if I join this organization of yours? It's gotta be good. No-one can get pulled out of a max security easily." Silence. More endless time seems to pass.
"You will have your name cleared. All of it, including that murder-"
"It was an Assassination dumbass"
"-assassination of that politician all those years ago. All you have to do, is sign this document, swearing you, to us." You can practically hear the gears churn in her head, evaluating the options.
"Fine. Fuck it. Where's this document of yours?"

The blindfold is ripped off and the binds are pulled away. A piece of paper is slid across the table, directly in front of her. Sloppily, she signs the document.

"Ah... Thank you for your co-operation. And welcome to XCOM."

Pledge:

I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Last edited:
S

Sarge-Pepper

CHRISTOPHERODD EYES ONLY
CLASSIFIED MATERIALS; RELEASED PER GEN. [Redacted]'s ORDERS
MATERIALS RELATING TO OPERATION: FALLCREST
OPERATIVE HAS BEEN DISAVOWED, NO CONTACT TO BE MADE ON BEHALF OF THE U.S.A, EXCEPTING FROM POTUS, CIC, OR ANY MEMBER OF THE JCOS.

First Name: Stephen aka "Steve" aka "Dozer"
Last Name: Maltus

Height: 5' 10"

Weight: Last measured at 215 lbs, unknown currently

Physical Descriptors: Muscular, black hair, usually cropped short per regulations, Goatee (Shaving Waiver attached, form 140-6.2), bullet wounds on upper right pectoral and left inner thigh.

FOLLOWING HAS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, IF NOT CHRISTOPHERODD, PLEASE RETURN MATERIALS TO NEAREST OFFICER, SEND TO OFFICE OF RECORDS ON BASE FOR RETURN.

-Joined Army at 18, No High School Degree

-Served with US ARMY ENGINEERING CORPS, SOUTH ATLANTIC DIVISION.

-Stationed in Atlanta, GA (2 Letters of Concern Filed)

-Re-stationed to Panama Canal for training (1 Letter of Reprimand)

-Filed and Accepted to Office Training School on insistence of Col. Keele, Enginering Corps Commander of Panama Project. (Attached Letter of Recommendation, Form 00-234)

-Graduated OTC with rank of 2nd Lieutenant

- Transferred to Army Ordinance Division, Attached to Mobile Artillery.

-Deployed to Forward Operating Base Falcon, Iraq. (3 letters of Concern)

-Earned Silver Star for Bravery, after defending Unit from ambush during maneuvers whilst wounded.

-Redeployed by choice, stayed on base, earning other minor medals for bravery and command under fire.

-Marksman in 13 firearms (Says he had nothing else to do in the 'Sand')

-Selected for Operation: Silent Night, due to experience with Ordinance, both shoulder mounted and mobile. Successful operation to destroy artillery force with small mobile unit.

-Was drafted into small Black squad, serving under 4 operations: Snake's Charm, Rosebud, Harvard Yard, Indigo, and Flat Space, Promoted to Captain.

- Was sent with Operation: Fallcrest team to extract high value target. Intel was wrong, team was trapped and pinned. Attempted to rally troops and extract them all, failed. Team is assumed captured or KIA. Operation and operatives were disavowed.

Stephen's beard was starting to itch again. Damned fleas wouldn't let up. He scratched absentmindedly as he kept picking at the wall in front of him. The adobe was loose there, next to where he slept, the chips thankfully small enough to hide in his slop bucket, as to prevent another beating from the guards. Not that they needed any reason to come in and beat him, they just loved to have pretense though. His fingernails were cracked and chipped, just now starting to get solid once more after his latest session with the interrogation officer. The man looked more disappointed that the bamboo reeds couldn't go any further and had sent him away once more.

CRACK. The sound surprised Steve as he quickly scooped the piece of rock that had fallen off of the wall into his hands and tried to hide it at the sounds of startled and curious guards started to come around. But even as well as he had pressed it into his neck, they threw open the cell and tackled him once more. He started to scream, reaching for the one thing that could release him from this hell, the sharp edge of the rock just promising to let his blood flow just out of reach as the blows landed on his face and hands. He looked up after scrabbling at the dust to see one of the guards raising a rifle butt. Then nothing.

The darkness lifted slowly, the pounding in his head growing worse as the light from the afternoon had hit his eyes. It was the same room he had seen dozens of times by now, flat walls with a wooden table that served both as a space for papers, but also where he would be held down once the questions were not answered again. He could have sworn he had died last time after passing out, but that would have been too merciful.

But after looking around, he noticed that the familiar face of the officer was no longer there. Now, a sharp looking suit sat in the chair, black tie and crisp white shirt smacking of government lackey. But he looked American. The gentleman was looking through a file before noticing that Steve was awake. A small smile crept onto his face as he began to speak.

"Good morning, Captain. Sorry for the rough entrance, i told them not to hurt you, but apparently, they frown on self mutilation here." He flipped through a page or two of the file in front of him as Steve eyed him suspiciously. "Can you tell me where you are, Captain?"

"Stephen Maltus. Captain. 12.."

"3-38-4102, born August 15th, 1978. Yes, I know that Steve. I'm not with these people. I've come to offer you a job." Steve's jaw dropped in surprise. He looked around, clearly taken completely off guard.

"A job."

"Yes, Captain."

"You're serious."

"Why else would i be here, talking to a man who doesn't exist? The USA disavowed you, Steve, so no one knows you are here but me and the people who have seen this file." He slid the file around to show the stenciled "OPERATION: FALLCREST" on it's front. Steve looked away harshly from it. He had thought that eventually he might be traded for or rescued. It was a harsh realization that no only was no one coming, they erased him so no one would find him ever.

"No one is coming?"

"I am. I came because you are perfect for a position we have open. You have no ties, no family, and at this point, you are unofficially dead. Perfect for our organization." Steve ventured a look to the strange man in front of him.

"They will just let me leave? That's it?" Steve asked incredulously.

"We paid a large sum just to be able to talk to you." The man said matter of-fact-ly.

Steve sighed and hung his head down. There wasn't many options. Either rot away here with more daily beatings or talk to this guy. The slop they served wasn't good enough for the rats, so the decision came pretty quick.

"I seemed to have misplaced my suit, but I think I can slip in an interview into my tight schedule..."

Dahlexpert

Name: Ashley

Last name:Van Dam

Age 36

Biographical: Ashley Van Dam was born in Juneau Alaska,Ashley's family pride theme selves on being honorable mercenary. Ashley's parents gave birth to her at the age of 23,and promise to love and care for her as best they can, and but at the age of 12 during her first hunting trip Ashley saved he farther from a grizzly bear that was trying to protect her cubs.After her father saw his daughter soot the bear with no fear or hesitation,he decided to train her as mercenary but her mother decided to train her as an assassin.at the age of 16 Ashley started dating a girl named Allanna,and even though Ash never went to a high school she and Allanna were still picked on by there peers,but a t the age of 18 Ashley saw Allanna getting beaten by four girls,and it was then that Allanna learned about her anger issues,and it was then Ashley left Alaska and went to Japan to train her mind and body for her life as ans a assassin.

At the age of 29 Ashley married her childhood love Allanna and retire as an assassin,and start her life as a nurse.After 3 years she gave birth to her first born child Regina,four years later Ashley went back to being an assassin to provide for her family.

Note from X-COM recruiters: Mrs Van Dan is an extremely deadly individual a former assassin and doctor she can be a very deadly scout and a excellent field medic,it says here that she was home schooled most of her life it also says that she can make her own nerve toxin and venom,she would be use fool if our soldiers get poised in battle and come back to base near death she can cure them, but do we want to hire a Assassin I mean she may work betrays us if some one offers her more money then we do,Ashley is a professional she will stay loyal to us and help us with our mission as long as she has something to fight and gets paid on time she will never betray us.So what has she done as an assassin,she killed diplomats dictators gangstas and apparently worked heavily with the military she is no ordinary assassin she seems care about doing the right thing,do you want me to contact her yes make the call.

Note from subject:Well a new contract for this...what the hell kind of military is this I never heard of this project X-COM but it looks like there some type of secret organization,which explains why I never heard of them but the pay looks good and I could us the money for my child.Regina walks next to ash pulling on her pants,and showing her a picture that she drew.Look mommy it's you,Ashley smiles and rubs Regina head and smiles at her I love it Regina. Allanna comes behind ash,what's that ash another contract.Yea it's for this secret mission that is being run by some secret military organization,well if you do take this contract just keep your gun on you will you.yes darling.

Last edited:
H

Harold Saxon

Name: Harold

Last name: Saxon

Age 30

Male

Biographical Synopsis:

At a young age he was diagnosed with a harmless psychosis that causes the affected to constantly hear low sound around the clock. The sound is different from person to person, but to him it was the sound of drums. He described it as four beats mimicking the rhythm of a heart. Although in this case it would be two hearts, but that's beside the point. At no point in his life has this sound has ever become a distraction. In fact, he has described the sound as calming. This helped him greatly during the more difficult times of his military training. However, when not on the field he has a tendency to dose off in the middle of a conversation. He constantly carries around a family heirloom, a fob watch. He keeps it close to his heart at all times, but doesn't expect it stop a bullet (Or a burning bolt of plasma). The reason he joined the military, and by extension X-COM, was to serve his country, willing to die for the safety of his friends and family.

Jeyhow456

First Name: John
Last Name: Blackmon

Biographical Synopsis: John Blackmon grew up in Myersville, Maryland and was born on July, 22 1990. At a young age his father taught him how to hunt wildlife in a near by forest, though at the age of 15 his father past away due to a car crash, leaving him with a mother who never cared about him and a older brother who he loved very much. At the age of 18 his brother who had gone to fight with the navy passed away in the process of being draged back to a medical vehicle. A year later he enlisted with the navy as a medic hoping to save other soldiers from dieing like his brother had. He was enlisted with the navy for 3 years before leaving after, literally taking a arrow to the knee from some natives.

Pledge:

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Name: Jessica Lockheart
DoB: May 3rd, 1996
Sex: Female
Place of Birth: Springfield, IL, USA
Nationality: Caucasian American
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 120 lbs
Measurements: 36DD-24-35
Hair Color: Green (Permanently Dyed)
Hair Length: Shoulder Length
Eye Color: Dark Green
Immediate Family: Veronica Lockheart (Mother, 32), Joseph Lockheart (Stepfather, 30), Francis Lockheart (Half-Brother, 9), Alexia Lockheart (Twin Sister, Deceased)
Place of Residence before Project X-COM: Chicago, IL, USA

Bio: Jessica was born to Veronica Chambers when her mother was at the tender age of 14, impregnated by a young man who told Veronica he "really loved her" and that they'd "be together forever". Disowned by her parents as soon as the law would allow them, Veronica had an extremely hard life caring for her child alone. The pair spent a large portion of Jessica's childhood well below the poverty line. However, when Jessica was eight, her mother met Joseph Lockheart, an up-and-coming law student who was interning at the law firm Veronica went to in order to try and find Jessica's father for child support. Joseph was able to convince the firm to take the case for free, and although they failed to win the case, Joseph and Veronica found a connection, and the pair was married in less then a year, a marriage that has remained strong.

However, all was not well with Jessica. She showed early signs of psychological problems early in her life, problems her mother couldn't afford to have looked at, let alone treated. She had bouts of sudden mood changes and memory loss, and periods in which she seemed to act like a different person. With her step-father's financial support, Jessica was diagnosed with Disassociated Identity Disorder. However, by this point, her second identity had grown so strong, Jessica refused to undergo treatment, as doing so would be the same as killing someone in her eyes, and Veronica and Joseph supported her. Her second personality took on the name Alexia, the name Veronica was going to give Jessica's twin sister who died in the womb due to complications caused by being pregnant at such a young age.

With Alexia's help, Jessica excelled in all she did. Once the two identities excepted each other, they found that they could easily compensate for the other's short comings. Jessica proved to be a genius, quickly moving up through her grades, while Alexia, more interested in excelling physically, was happy to take over whenever it came to exercising or sports. However, skipping grades and have a split personality came with a price. Jessica was bullied relentlessly, and had very few friends growing up. Eventually, she instructed her school to stop removing the obscenities on her locker door, as it was a waste of time when it was put back up within a weak of being cleaned. Pushed to her breaking point, Jessica tried to end her life with a box cutter when she was 13, only stopped when her brother walked in on her and yelled to his parents that she was bleeding. Jessica was wracked with guilt from that point on, realizing that her weakness almost killed Alexia, and while Alexia long ago forgave her, and partially blames herself for not being there for Jessica, Jessica still thinks about it.

The pair grew from the experience, and pushed their studying even harder. Jessica's heightened education and incredible physical abilities has made her much such sought after when she announced they was going to pursue a military degree, and immediately caught Project X-COM's eye.

Note for X-COM Recruiters: Ms. Lockheart shows great promise for a military career. Although she seems scatterbrained to most who have dealings with her, with an unusually upbeat attitude and an almost goofy way of conversing with people, she has proven herself a genius, having obtained a bachelors degree in medical science from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Preliminarily assessments into her intellect show an uncanny ability for logical reasoning and strategy, and her skills on the field when her more aggressive side takes over is equally impressive. Although her condition can make her a tad difficult to handle at times, we highly recommend Ms. Lockheart immediately be recruited into Project X-COM.

Notes from the Subject: Oh.My. GOD! I can not believe this. I just set my resume to the military a week ago (is it called a resume? Who know, who cares), and I already got excepted. Francis is going to be soooooooo jealous. "Your not gonna get in! No one wants to have an air head like you holding a gun!" In your FACE, ya little punk! Not only am I in, but I'm getting assigned to some super, secret, hush-hush, "we don't exist" group called Project X-COM. I can't wait to bust some heads! Mom and Joe already gave their blessings. Now all I have to do is get Alex's permission. I can't just throw her into danger without permission, but she's been looking for an excuse to get a hold of some firearms anyway, so I'm sure she'll go with it. Ooh, I'm so excited! I can't wait to meet all my teammates. Maybe I'll even find a hunky guy to have a war-time romance with, if you know what I mean. Here's hoping I prove my country proud!

Last edited:

Brycart

Name: Nicolaus Nimitz
Date of Birth: January 8, 1992
Sex: Male
Place of Birth: Buffalo, NY, USA
Nationality: German American
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 165 lbs
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: Short
Eye Color: Partial Heterochromia (Blue and Black)
Immediate Family: Markus Nimitz (Father, Deceased), Elisa Nimitz (Mother, Deceased) Ruth Nimitz (Twin Sister, 22)
Place of Residence before Project X-COM: New York City, NY, USA

Bio: Mr. Nimitz has proven himself to be a promising candidate for the X-COM Project. He possesses an analytical mind as well as an acute intuitive ability which allows him to analyze and solve problems almost immediately, and, though he maintains a calm exterior, his combat abilities are beyond impressive when provoked. He has quite a low tolerance and expects other to carry themselves respectively, unafraid to confront them if they do not. While he maintains a strict and professional exterior, Mr. Nimitz shows an over-protectiveness of, and an extremely emotional relationship with friends and family, developing a fierce loyalty to them. He is not afraid to openly express himself and is incapable of being somebody he is not. He can be indecisive at times, but, once his decision has been made, he is highly unlikely to change his ways. As a result, he can be very stubborn when opposed. Despite this, we highly recommend that Mr. Nimitz be considered for the X-COM Project.

Zain Shah

Hayley Miller's Full Details

Name - Hayley Miller
Age- 24
Sex- Female
DOB- 23/6/1990
Place of Birth- Las Vegas, Nevada
Nationality- American
Height- 5'2
Weight- 48kg
Body Measurements- 30A-23-32
Profession- Singer and former army corporal
Hair Length- 6 inches below her shoulders
Hair Colour- Red (Not ginger)
Skin Colour- Caucasian
Eye Colour- Green
Marital Status- Single
Place of Residence before X-COM- Madison, Mississippi
Siblings- None
Sexual Orientation- Homosexual
Tattoos- Rose tattoo on her upper left back
Blood Type- O-

Background:

Born to 2 unemployed teen parents, Casey Adams and Bryan Miller, Hayley had a rough childhood. Her parents were not rich people therefore everyday was a struggle for the whole family. It got so bad to the point where they were caught stealing from a supermarket and were put in jail while Hayley lived with her grandparents who didn't show an ounce of love to her. The months went by slow but her parents came out of jail and immediately, her father left the family after he said that he couldn't handle the stress of a baby, leaving Hayley to her lone mother. Her mother soon realised she would need a job and had to spend most of her time working in a small shop where she worked for minimum wage. This left Hayley alone for pretty much the whole day so she developed a liking for being alone and cherished moments of complete silence. They managed to scrape together the money for food and rent. Luckily, their prayers were answered when her mother started going out with Steve Turner, a lawyer, who made their lives a lot easier by providing them financial support and him and her mother got married after 5 months of going out. Hayley started high school but as soon as she arrived, she was the victim of bullying from numerous people however one boy, Jason Berge, stood up for her and they became best friends. That all changed one evening; they were walking home from school and Jason decided to take a different route and took her with him. He got her alone and tried to rape her, saying that he acted like the nice guy to get her in her pants but it didn't work so this was his alternative. She ran away before she could be assaulted but didn't tell anyone because she knew that Jason would get his revenge. This incurred her homosexuality as she became deathly afraid of boys but was still not attracted to girls.

This all changed when she saw Brooke Green; she claimed she was the most beautiful human on this earth. Hayley awkwardly asked Brooke out privately and luckily, Brooke was also experimenting with her sexuality. They mainly wanted to see how it was to have sex with another girl so within a few weeks of them going out, they engaged in sexual activity and they both lost their virginity together. They kept their relationship a secret until Jason found out through seeing them on their private date one night. He spread the news throughout the school and the pressure was too much for Brooke and all the abuse meant she broke up with Hayley. She was continuely abused so she decided that it was too much; she hanged herself. While the school did not know about this and thought she was just upset, Hayley was also bullied because of her sexuality but instead just quit school. She didn't tell her parents and would go away and come back at the regular times. She started getting involved with street gangs and started drinking too much. She learnt many things from many people, ranging from shooting a gun to hand-to-hand combat to smuggling drugs. She became notorious around her district but this meant that her parents learnt all about her antics. Her father immediately considered disowning her but her mother wouldn't agree so her father filed for divorce.

After all of the crazy drama of Las Vegas, she decided to move to Madison, Mississippi with her mom. She continued high school after her mother convinced her that it would be better here. She went back to high school and found love in the rebellious nature of rock music. Her mother also convinced her to drink responsibly and she adapted quite well because she knew she had to change. She shared this love with her soon-to-be friends Matt Cooke, Adam Smith and Karl Young and they bonded over their love of rock music. They began a band; Matt on bass, Adam on guitar, Karl on drums and Hayley as the singer. They started writing songs but they eventually disbanded after graduating but they agreed to go back to the band after they finished college. Hayley was the only one of them who was not wealthy enough to go to college but she saw an ad on TV for the army and joined. She spent quite a few years in the army where she demonstrated her excellent marksmanship and hand-to-hand combat skills. She got over her fear of men but that fear turned to hate after she was discriminated as a private because she was the only female recruit. Despite the odds, she managed to acquire the rank of corporal before leaving the army after she had heard that the others had finished college. She left a true mark on the army and was thought of as someone who could even achieve a higher rank; she also showed all of the men that women are just as capable. Their band quickly grew in fame and they started playing multiple concerts around Mississippi. After one of their concerts, Hayley was approached by a dark man, wearing a trench coat, and was asked to join the X-COM project as a soldier. She thought it over for a few days and realised that this was a really big thing and as soon as she remembered that the planet was at stake, she agreed; all to protect everyone she cared about. Matt inquired that X-COM must need medical staff and that he has a medical degree and the man simply said "The more, the merrier." Hayley and Matt were sent off to the X-COM base.

G

Gecko45

First Name: Mattias
Last Name: Mueller

Height: 6' 2"
Hair: black, buzzcut
Eyes: Brown
Languages: German, English(Excellent), French(acceptable), Arabic(good)
Biographical Synopsis: Born in Leipzig, Germany, Mr. Mueller had a rather unnotable childhood. Showing a general above-average level of aptitude in various school subjects, but never excelling enough to get noticed for a scientific career. Joining the Bundeswehr at 19, he made his way to the KSK by the age of 22 due to his intelligence, adaptability, cool head under fire, and more importantly, his mastery of explosives, capable of dragging incredible results from limited amounts of anti-tank rockets, hand grenades, demolition charges, improvised explosives, and anything that can be lit with a match. Records indicate he was specialized as a combat engineer, his intelligence ensuring he was good at building and repairing fortifications, armored vehicles, and firearms, along with destroying them. However, disillusionment by the conditions of people in the countries he fought in and the military hierarchy caused him to leave the military at the age of 27.

He has since been drifting around various left-wing political groups globally, and is believed to have assisted an unknown rebel group later in the Syrian conflict zone, providing help with the construction of improvised mortars, rocket launchers, and demolition devices, along with general combat skill training. He also helped set up a supply chain from a German left-wing political group to funnel farming supplies and food to Syrian refugee families, along with security assistance.

He is generally quiet and soft spoken, possessing a mild but notable accent when speaking English. He is fairly introverted, and prefers a smaller number of close personal relationships over being a "social butterfly".

Due to his excellent combat abilities and his devotion to the preservation of human life, we believe that he is an excellent choice for the X-COM combat unit.

Hobbies: Musical groups he enjoys include Rammstein and Rage against the Machine. He is also a fairly active video gamer, enjoying co-op shooters and strategy titles. He was active in several German sports shooting groups before leaving the country, and has maintained occasional scuba diving excursions from before to after his time in the military. He is also an active reader, enjoying a wide variety of books. Favorites include 1984, Brave New World, Watchmen, and Neuromancer.

Pledge:

Notes: Well, this is interesting. A couple of G-Man types just showed up. I thought they were Syrian government of some type at first, honestly, but most Syrian government types actually look Syrian. These two looked... generic, almost. General, plain ordinary white guys. Dummkopfen nearly got themselves shot, too, as us here generally aren't too happy about seeing government types around, nationality notwithstanding. But these guys were looking for me in particular, and they had an offer. Normally, I would have rejected these types on principle, but if there's any sort of truth to what they're saying, It'd be worse for the world not to go. Plus, I've got a feel for these guys. G-Men, for sure, but not scumbags. They've got a drive. They've seen something. So I agreed. Joined up. Joined the government meatgrinder again, bekamme ein Schaf. But this kind of group might be the only thing between us and extinction. I have to help as much of humanity as possible, and right now, this is the best way to do it. Mattias Mueller, signing off.

(I'd also like to add out of character that I'd love to be a MEC. Neuromancer, yo. Cybernetic augmentations and shit.

HammerDropper

First Name: James
Last Name: Abernathy

Biographical Synopsis:
Born and raised in Chicago. James had a rough time growing up being the only person in his public school to have a lot of money, so he was bullied a lot, but this only made him stronger. By the time he was old enough he joined the Army to get out away from the hate that people put on him. He is a great solider, and takes his duties very seriously. He hates when people take advantages on others and will stand in the way of any bully. (Yes even aliens)

JohnnyKnight

First Name: John
Last Name: Knight

Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 215 lbs

D.O.B: April 15, 1980
P.O.B: Atlanta, Georgia
Immediate Family: Col. Michael Knight (Father, 60), Mary Parks (Mother, 57), Sandra Knight (Step-mother, 44 deceased)
Carson Knight (half-brother,14 deceased), Alex Knight (wife, 32), Parker Knight (son, 5)

Biographical Synopsis:

"Okay so next up we have John Knight. Born into a military family, it was almost expected of John to follow in the footsteps of his father, Col. Michael Knight. Col. Knight is one of the best Special Operations trainers in the U.S military. Having trained S.E.A.L teams, Delta Force squads, and even N.A.T.O Allied Joint SOFs, Col. Knight has learned how to take a man and turn him into a hardened veteran, capable of turning the tide in any battle. He likes to test his soldiers in unpredictable ways to ensure that they are prepared for anything that could happen. Many of his soldiers quote him as saying, 'War is unpredictable, You need to be able to predict the unpredictable if you're going to survive it'."

"According to his file, John never knew his mother, Mary. Our records show that she's currently a professor of physics at Stanford. His father and mother met in college while attending Baylor. However, the two were never married and split shortly after John's unplanned birth. His mother apparently wanted nothing to do with either his father or him after that for some reason, but we're unsure. She left his father and him in the middle of the night. From, then on his father had no choice but to raise him on his own, until he eventually met his next wife Sandra."

"At a young age, John was recognized for his incredible intelligence, probably something that he inherited from his biological mother. With little to do on military compounds, he was able to complete his schooling in a fraction of the time. He attended MIT at the young age of 16, where he would graduate in the top of his class a few years later with a degree in Chemical Engineering. After receiving his doctorate in early 2001 at the age of 21, he planned to continue to stay at MIT and continue his research on portable med kits for soldiers in the field. He didn't end up staying at MIT long though. His half brother Carson and step-mother Sandra were both killed in the attacks on September 11th. The next day John enlisted in the Army."

"During training, he was stationed at the same base as his father. Col. Knight made sure that his son went through hell to ensure that he would become one of the finest soldiers that he had ever crafted. As his father's training became more hellacious, John quickly became adept at figuring out how to approach any situation and ensure that he and his squad mates would survive. Following training, John was deployed with the 75th Ranger Regiment, and participated in the initial invasion of Iraq in early 2003. His talents as a soldier and bravery quickly caught the eye of many high-ranking officials. He was then asked to join Task Force 121 and played a pivotal role in the hunting and capturing of Saddam Hussein. He served two more tours, another in Iraq and one in Afghanistan where he was recognized a number of times for his bravery and valor."

"His file states, that he would often times risk himself to save a fellow soldier during combat. His most well known instance came during a rescue mission of a down helicopter. During the mission, he and his squad were pinned down by enemy machine gun fire. As enemy forces closed on the helicopter's position, John charged from his position of cover. With no grenades left, he tossed one of the few smoke grenades he had to signal for extraction. This heavy smoke flushed his enemy out of their emplacement. He made quick work of them before jumping on the machine gun and firing on the advancing enemy forces. He bought his squad enough time to recover the soldiers and pilot and continued to hold them off until a helicopter was able to come in and extract them. His squad called him a hero, but the brass just called him an idiot and slapped a couple medals on him. John eventually attained the rank of Captain before returning home as a heavily decorated soldier in 2007."

"Upon his return home, John was recruited heavily by the CIA, which recognized his brilliant intelligence and extraordinary combat abilities and experience. Most of his file is covered in black ink, but that didn't stop us. His efficiency ratings are off the charts, and his work with the CIA is impeccable. Since joining in 2008, he's worked undercover in a number of countries, including Russia, China, Bulgaria, and Iran, among many others. He's prevented a number of terrorist attacks, as well as taken down a warlord in Nigeria that tried to stage a coup back at the beginning of 2014. He also prevented the second Mexican-American war when those cartel members got a hold of that dirty bomb back in January. His file also states that aside from the basic quote-unquote intelligence gathering, he's also participated in a number of assassination missions. The CIA still regards him as one of, if not their top agent."

Psych Profile:

"His file also included the psych assessment that the CIA did this past year. It's pretty basic stuff though. Very humble, his superiors state that he's very quick to accept blame if something goes bad and doesn't go looking for credit. But, they also state that doesn't affect his confidence though as he knows he's one of the best at what he does and carries himself like it. It also states that his intelligence goes far beyond just test scores. He's quick on his feet and can analyze and solve problems in a matter of seconds. He's extremely loyal as well. They believe he is willing to do anything to serve his country, and probably the world if we asked him to."

The adviser paused, gathering the papers around him and began putting them back into the manila folder.

"Of course Commander it's your decision if we want to approve him for the X-COM project. His file states that he just returned from an undercover op overseas. This would be the perfect opportunity to approach him if we wished." The adviser said.

Sliding the file across the table to the Commander, the adviser remained silent and awaited his Commander's decision.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.