XCOM Role Play Season 4: Enemy Within [RECRUITMENT CENTRE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

excruciater

First name: Draco
Last name: Gracchus
D.O.B: 5/12/93
Biographical synopsis: born in a poor family, Draco had to fight for what he had. In his early years he had been bullied to the point where he couldn't take much more. He eventually fought back and ended up honing his fighting skills as to fend off more attackers. Years later in his highschool years he had joined various sports not only for the love of working with people but also to keep himself athletic in hopes of always being fit for the times you need it most. In his junior year he joined the miltary, he passed the exam with flying colors and was sent to germany. Draco had been called in to be in the front line of a mission where he had to clear citizens out of a city in mists of hell. The team had rushed in with 500 men expecting some retaliation from enemy forces within the area. What we didn't know was how many were stationed. As soon as the team had arrived one fith of them had been mowed down on sight. While most took cover and took pot shots at the opposing force, Draco took a team of five to a group of buildings to flush out the citizens. Other soldiers reported that he came back with a child in each arm and a unconscious woman over his shoulder. His team was keeping cover of him, that is the two that survived. Xavier reported that they ran into a few gaurds patrolling the building. The first two ( alex and julian ) tried to sneak past them but were caught and killed in the process. After that they saw Draco, who had tried to stop both alex and julian, attack the gaurds. He kicked a gaurd in the balls and shot the other in the skull. He then took the first gaurd and snapped his neck. They found a family of two children and a mother balled up in a corner. The mother held onto their children for her life. Draco walked up to them and calmly put up his hands in sign of no harm. He asked me "can you speak their language", I told him I couldn't but max could speak a little. Draco then asked max if he could then tell her that "we're going to take you to safety." As calmly as he can. The woman nodded and as she rose she stumbled then fell. Apparently she had been shot earlier and thought that they would be safe and okay if if they were together. Draco put her on his shoulder and picked up the two kids and proceeded back to the firefight. The mission had been cancelled durring the rescue attempt to bring back the heavily wounded team. In a later mission he had saved a group of his men from being executed in public for being caught for aiding revolters in taking down a very well respected enemy official. Throughout his military life he has had only one failure, and that is in attacking a stronghold. He lost all of his team and came back with minimal weaponry and extensive injuries ranging from across his back, to a open gash in his thigh, and a piece of jagged metal sticking out of his side. I recommend Draco to be enrolled in the X-COM special forces for his endless need to help those in need and his need to see the mission through no matter the consequence.
Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

C

Cathaldus the Redeemer

First Name: Samuel
Last Name: Fullard
Nickname: Sharpshot

Biographical Synopsis: Samuel was born into a military oriented family. His grandad served in the Vietnam War, while dad followed in his footsteps by enlisting in the U.S. Army for Operation: Desert Storm. In trying to live up to that, Samuel found himself participating in the assault on Osama bin Laden's house in May, of the year 2011.

After finding and killing bin Laden, Samuel retired to the quiet life of northern Texas, his home state. After 4 years of peace and quiet with his wife, Erin, and his son, Isaac, Samuel finds an un-announced stranger on his doorstep. The following conversation proceeded.

"Good morning, Mr. Fullard." the stranger was wearing a spiffy black suit and a Men-in-Black-esc pair of glasses.

"Good morning, random stranger. What absurd reason rings you to my doorstep" and even as he asked the question, he felt he knew the answwer that was coming.

"After analyzing your 32-year life span, and all the events that have taken place within it, the U.S. Department of Security has deemed you an exemplary addition to the extra-terrestrial defense organization recently put into motion by the Council of Nations." The stranger presented this miniature speech with extreme fluency and precision, as though he had practiced it for days on end.

"Interesting. And what makes them think that?" The amount of sarcasm Samuel had used shocked even him. But the stranger acted as though the sarcasm didn't even exist.

"Your early application in The U.S. Army Division of JROTC, your countless marksman medals, 15, to be exact, and your exemplary performance in every Advanced Scholars Test. Is that enough, or do I need to name off the 20 other items that put you in a fine, sorry, a VERY fine position to join."

"And what if I don't" Samuel was genuinely interested in the idea, but he needed something a bit more convincing, just to get him right over the line.

"Then you will have committed a detrimental act against your country and your family,
as we are dealing with an extraterrestrial
incursion. To dumb it down for you, just in case you don't get it, you're putting a reservation on your death. Anything else?" The stranger was beyond annoyed now.

"Yes, one thing." Samuel was once again calm.

"For Gods' sake, what!" The stranger was practically screaming now.

"Where do I sign up?" Samuel found himself eager to once again serve his country.

Still flustered, the stranger hands him the packet, shows him the dotted line, and ends the discussion with, "Welcome to XCOM."

Pledge: I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

kennysorel

FOR THE EYES OF THE CENTRAL OFFICER BRADFORD
TO BE FORWARDED TO COMMANDER CHRISTOPHER ODD PENDING APPROVAL
PROJECT XCOM APPLICATION

RECOMMENDATIONS FROM BRIG. GEN. ********* OF **************

First Name: Kenneth
Last Name: Sorel
Nickname: [once earned] "Sasquatch"

Biographical Synopsis:

Age 24. A dual citizen of the U.S.A. and Kyrgyzstan, Kenneth has risen through the ranks of private military corporations as an almost inhuman soldier of fortune at such a young age. As a mercenary of these private corporations, he has seen the frontlines of Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, and the Sudan for most major U.S. conflicts. In his seven year career, he has accumulated over 200 documented kills under his belt. There is a possibility that this number is not the highest for him in his personal opinion as his career in combat may have started long before he turned 17 and joined the system. He comes highly recommended as his involvements in certain theatres of conflict have benefited each and every Council member in whatever personal stake they had.

[accounts from psychological profiling sessions as per "Council" orders]

At a very young age he was orphaned a midst the growing instability in the Middle East. In a capital rush by insurgency under dead of night, Kenneth (as he is known now) ran from street to street scrounging for food and bullets at the age of 9 while government and resistance soldiers fought with numerous civilians caught in the crossfire. Cornered one night aiming the kalashnakov into his mouth wanting to end it all, he saw a brief green streak through the sky. Stunned he took the gun from his mouth and silently said a prayer. At that moment, three insurgency soldiers found him and pointed their guns at him while closing in. Still starry-eyed, the soldiers wondered what he could be looking at and all three looked up to find there was no green streak in the sky like Kenneth saw. Before realizing that the kid in front of them was still armed, they were already dead and riddled with bullet holes.

[accounts of possible UFO sighting inconsistent with archived confirmed sightings. recommend further studies.]

Years after fighting for both the resistance and government, young Kenneth joined the first paramilitary organization that could take him in. At 17 he eschewed his old name, Suran Ibrahim. He's lived in the U.S., Cambodia, Vietnam, U.K., Australia, France, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, and even North Korea while servicing different private military companies as a mercenary.

Enemy combatants and squadmates alike generally only see glimpses of him on the battlefield and when they do, death is sure to follow. Just as quickly as he appears, he disappears earning him nicknames like, "Sasquatch" or "Bigfoot" after the American urban legend. This nickname also stems from general lack of photographs of him in and off the battlefield.

Psychological Profile:

Though psychologically sound for service, he has several compulsive behaviors. After confirmed hits he would whisper "God is good." Though he has an incredible talent to both avoid and deal out death with efficiency, he may lack psychological ability to deal with the death of close allies under stress of an unheard of enemy with technology far beyond human comprehension. As with all candidates, the shock of extraterrestrial superiority is a hurdle they will all have to overcome with time.

In our interviews, he was curt with us but compliant nonetheless. He is propelled by a strong faith in his will to live and survive. Initial findings point toward a religious zealousness but that does not seem to be the case. This unstoppable force of will is probably attributed to his alleged UFO sighting that saved his life many years ago. Further exposure to extraterrestrial contact is recommended to see further results.

liLEbqo.jpg

Appearance:
5' 6"
160 lbs
Auburn hair cut short
tanned skin

[preferred in game appearance but it's up to you Commander]
Race 3 (asian)
Head 1
Skin Color 1 (tanned)
Hair/Helmet 13 (buzz cut)
Hair Color 11 (auburn)
Facial Hair 6 (scruff)
Armor Tint 20 (salmon & teal)

VIGILO CONFIDO

S

Squarefighter

First Name: D'artagnan
Last Name: Delacroix
Desired Position: Skyranger or Interceptor Pilot

Biography:
Born of french immigrants Hugo Delacroix and Joanna Steingrabber on October 11th, 1976, in San Francisco, CA, D'artagnan decided from the day he could form coherent thought that he hated work. Rather than focusing on the work assigned to him in high school and middle school, D'artagnan eased into the comfort of bass, television, and marijuana. After 3 years D'artagnan dropped out of high school and found himself living in his parents house with no diploma, no job, and no purpose. His friends had all graduated to universities outside of California, or just simply had no time for a societal degenerate such as he. D'artagnan became bitter and depressed, and found himself losing pleasure in everything he once entertained himself with. TV had lost its allure, reefer had lost its strength, and he had lost his creativity. in 1997, D'artagnan slit his wrists with a pocket knife and lay on his bed waiting to die. His demise was interrupted by his father returning home early from work, who dialed 911 immediately. D'artagnan was rushed to a hospital where he stayed for twelve days. After returning home, a clear change was exhibited in the boy. He enlisted in the US armed forces almost immediately after his recovery, and became a helicopter pilot, scoring in the top .001% percentile range on his ASVAB test. When the US invaded Afghanistan, D'artagnan was tasked with transporting US troops to their posts. On March 5th, 2002, D'artagnan's Black Hawk was touching down for deployment when an explosion rocked the vehicle, killing 6 of the 11 units stationed inside, and critically wounding one. The aircraft quickly lost altitude, but D'artagnan wrestled the controls of chopper, and was able to pull off a crash landing, saving all remaining personal. The crash site was then assaulted by multiple assailants who rushed the downed craft to pick off survivors. D'artagnan, expecting this, had grabbed a pistol from a dead soldier, and was the sole man in the craft to see past the shock, confusion, and trauma of the crash and rise to action. He called for support and held the assailants (later identified as the Mujahideen) at bay long enough for support to arrive, saving the men in the helicopter's lives for the second time that day. In a military report, D'artagnan's actions were described as "remarkable" and D'artagnan was awarded the Medal of Honor. D'artagnan continued to serve the US armed forces for the next decade, working on experimental flight projects as he was considered to be close to a perfect pilot. After acing a flight simulation for an experimental aerial transport vehicle, D'artagnan was contacted by a mysterious group known as "X-COM" and asked to serve under their uniform.

Additional notes: D'artagnan was a character designed to be a pilot of either an interceptor or (preferably) the Skyranger. He could easily be an average soldier as well, but I think you'll agree he would make a truly badass pilot.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sir Byron the Nomad

First Name:Oliver
Last Name:Grant
Biographical Synopsis:
"It's a girl Oliver!' That's all that was running through my head when I volunteered for this initiative. It doesn't matter who or what stands in my way, I'll give up everything so my daughter can live life the way I wish I could have."

Oliver Grant, age 27, was born to a world of grandeur, the lone son of two wealthy bankers. For the first 6 years of his life he lived the life that many could dream of. It was only after a matter of time that this dream would turn into a nightmare as his father was murdered, and soon after his mother slowly drank herself into a state of depression until she would end up committing suicide only 6 months after her husband's death. It was at this point where Oliver was sent to the Radiant Orphanage, where he would spend the next 3 years of his life. It was here that Oliver developed his isolated nature, seeing as any friends that he would make he would always see getting adopted, in the arms of a loving family, while he would stay and grow envious of them. Hate them. He saw no reason to make friends as they would only leave him later.

It was at the age of 9 where he was finally adopted by a kind, aging woman of 50 years. The day that she adopted him was one of the happiest days of his life. And he would spend the next 10 years of his life under the guidance of the woman, until eventually, she had died of a heart attack. It was at this point of his life that he was alone again. It was in this isolation that he made a decision to join the National Navy. He wanted to do something wholesome, something that could possibly be a bringer of justice, something that could bring redemption and hope to those who truly need it, so that what happened to him may not happen to another child again.

And so, Oliver would become a marine and proceeded to rise through the ranks, and was soon sent offshore to help protect national interest in a foreign country. This was where he would meet a woman named Susanne, the local ambassador of the country and upon their very first meeting they enjoyed each others company more and more frequently throughout the coming days. And days turned to months, and months turned to years until Oliver proposed to her and the two got married soon after. From then until now, Oliver and Susanne were happily wed. Oliver soon resigned from the marine corps and went to live with Susanne, feeling the one thing that he felt worth protecting needed him at home with her. Susanne is now five months pregnant with a girl, and it was largely due to this that Oliver decided to volunteer for the initiative. His determination and drive, as well as his past military training make him an ample recruit for the initiative.

Z

Zakerst

First Name: Strom
Last Name: Lautblut

Hight: 5'8"
Weight: 208 lbs 94.35 kg
Blood type: B-
Hobbies: sword fighting and full contact sparring, Magic the Gathering TCG, amateur chess.

Biographical Synopsis:
I was born 1985, my life wasn't anything special, I went to school did well (top 10% of my class) in a good school, tried my hand a collage, it wasn't for me. So I figured i'd sign up, make myself something worth while, something mom could be proud of.

Turns out I wasn't half bad. I wanted to be with the heavy guns, artillery, you know make the earth shake I had the head for it and the interest, but wouldn't you know it, first thing that happens we (my crew and I) get put out in the ass end of nowhere and are told to hold there until further orders are given. Wouldn't of been so bad, every couple of days some poor slogs or another would get in the heat of it and we'd get to rain merry hell on the other slogs, but then some of the other slogs figured out where we were (never did figure out how).

So there we were, hanging around waiting to rain hell when the shooting starts, Gregg and Willam went down. The rest of us took what cover we could, let me tell you, never in my life had I been so glad to have a rifle, and a grandpa who taught me to hunt. Turns out people are much easier to hunt than deer, deer never think they've got the upper hand. So we were giving as good as we got when the orders came in some slogs needed heavy A. on spot, now between you and me I did a little utility calc before making up my mind, it was easy enough there were about 50 slogs we could save and only maybe 10 of us left, we could save more of them than the other slogs could kill of us, besides it was an order and who am I to disobey.

Miller, 'Mut and I all had the same idea and trained the gun where it needed to be and we were off, shells away. It was bloody glorious the thump you feel rather than hear, gods I'll miss it. Turns out the other slogs thought we were shooting at them and decided to charge us. It was a mess, but at least we weren't getting shot at. We got off 6 or 7 more shots before we had to go at it hand to hand. I'll never forgive the higher ups who thought we didn't need bayonets. In the end we were still standing or at least 'Mut and I were then that bastard popped up and shot 'Mut I shot bastard and then it was quiet for about 3 mins then I heard the cavalry coming. I guess the other slogs heard 'em first though because it seemed like damned too many of 'em got away. I never did find out if our shots made much of a difference.

After that I got shoved off to a few other squads and a few other posts, but that's the story of why I got brought here, or at least I'd wager that is.

So lets see here this XCOM group you got me here to sign up for, you say they take only the best, I don't know that I'm that, but I'll be damned if anyone is more loyal than I, or more willing to answer the call. I'm a survivor, and a good shot, I've got a head on my neck not just a helmet. I've always tried hard and found that works out well enough and when it doesn't I only have to try harder. Put me with explosives and I'll do work, tell me to watch over my fellows and not a hawk or owl will have my vision bested, tell me to run around the corner and hit the bastard on the other side, he'll be paste on the ground, tell me to take your word that a target is somewhere I can't see the target will be dead before he hits the ground. I would do any and all of these things for anyone or any cause I've dedicated my life to, and you've asked me for my life. You've said you take only the best and you're asking me I suppose that means I must be among the best. Well you've asked, but I tell you this, from now on, ORDER me, no need to ask I am yours. Strom Lautblut accepts the call. (I hope I can make you proud, mom)

Psychological evaluation notes:
- stable with mild religious tendencies
- has useful preoccupation with loyalty
- has mild resentment for father and father figures
- was raised by a single mother, often seeks to "do her proud" she died a week after enlistment
- unsettlingly ill concerned or perturbed by extreme acts of violence and their aftermath assumed to be due to internalization
- no known phobias or psychosis.
- conclusion: no worse off than most considering his background should be useful

------ Strom Lautblut

O

OnlyHuman

First Name:Frank
Last Name:Morrison

Biographical Synopsis: Frank has alot of "Problems" you see he does not like to talk to anyone or have interaction the reason for this is when he was in mercenary squad that was sent to do clean up duty for multiple company's that needed "work done" these jobs were usually murdering or assassinating people of interest but when one of the missions went to hell his best friend got shot in the knee cap and he had to leave him for dead he was the only one that made it out alive he always remembers and never forgets what he sees and always keeps a grudge When he got the message he was accepted to the XCOM project he was confused because he never sent a application he did not want to fight but he thought maybe saving the world would give him some clarity.

Godly Wrath

First Name: Kyle
Last Name: Watson

Biographical Synopsis: Kyle Watson grew up in Wisconsin. His father, Marcus Watson, was a Marine. Marcus died in an unknown incident classified as a terrorist attack. Kyle spent a year in an aggressive state where he'd get mad at someone or something and cause a fight or break things. His relative decided it was best for him to take his frustration out with some martial arts. Kyle spent years studying the art of Karate, Taekwondo, and went into Mixed Martial Arts fighting. At the age of 25 he'd mastered four fighting styles. A Marine that was stationed with Marcus asked Kyle to join the Marines. Kyle denied at first, but joined a few months later. In training Kyle excelled in hand to hand combat as wells as scoring as one of the top assault rifle shooters in his class. At the age of 30 Kyle was sent on a mission to protect a political leader whose was threatened by an unknown organization. A fire fight broke out and the vehicle that transport the political leader was stopped and attacked. Even while under the stress of battle Kyle was able show quick thinking and sharp intuition as he was able to organize his team into a devastating team. Even after the fighting had stopped and the enemy had retreated, Kyle never took his guard down. He even rejected medical treatment for a gun shot wounds on his right shoulder and left side until the political leader was secured and the mission was completed. His commanding officers were impressed with the results of none of the squad had been killed or wounded besides Kyle. After medical treatment Kyle was able to return to duty with no lasting damage to his body. From there Kyle has participated in numerous of high risk assignments while being able to complete his mission and keeping his squad safe. We've deemed this soldier as a possible asset for any 'Censored' assignments and advise close consideration. Kyle has proven himself a capable and devoted soldier that will put his mission and comrades' safety above his own.

Pledge:
I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

Wedgekree

First Name: Cecannia
Last Name:
Eirissach
Nationality: Israeli
Date of Birth: December 7th, 1973
Biographical Synopsis:
Born a third generation Israeli, a Sabra, Cecannia was the grandchild of emigres who had come from Germany before the Second World War. As such, she grew up outside of Tel Aviv in the rough and tumble lifestyle of those who felt they could do anything and accomplish this, and prove their own superiority. Her parents strongly stressed education, and Cecannia was a focused student, if not a particularly gifted one, who would persevere by focus and repeated attempts. Cecannia was a studious learner who learned things in school by repetition and focus rather than intuition. She learned by doing what her teachers said to do and doing it enough times to master it. As such, when her time of service came over in the Israeli Defense Force, she found a life of regimentation suited her, and she enlisted full time after her period of service was over.

Born in the Aftermath of the Yom Kippur War, in Israeli society there was a deep questioning and searching for purpose. Cecannia was never comfortable with questioning, but did as she was told. In the Israeli Defense Force, she found that she had a place, she had something to do, and she had a sense of camraderie with other soldiers. Service was what unified all Israelis, all had to take their place in the army. For Cecannia, this was what defined her life. After her initial period of service was over, she enlisted full time, and for life.

She would be what would be considered a lifer in the army, serving full time while also simultaneously garnering an education, over twenty years eventually getting two doctorates, one in Political Science and the other in Military History of the Modern Era. In her period of service, she would never quite become an officer, remaining an NCO with two PhD's and serving on what would be the front lines. Thankfully, the Middle East never came to war, though active callups in times of crisis were frequent. Thankfully, she never had to serve in any period of declared war, for which she was eternally thankful.

Called "Doc" not for any particular skills as a field medic but because of her status as an academic with several papers to her name and a specialization in the political state and military affairs of the Middle East, Cecannia grew comfortable in her role as life went on to middle age. As she aged, she began to have early onset arthritis, which did not impact her duties as a soldier, but made them more uncomfortable and painful. She began considering possible retirement, or at least accepting a promotion to an officer's position and taking a desk job or being transferred to a staff position.

That was when 2014 hit. Rumors began to spread around the world then of.. Of something. Something strange, not of this earth. They were likely brushed off, hushed up, or otherwise just felt one more spin of the wheel of confusion that had populated humanity's existence. Stories of strangeness, perhaps with some basis of fact but long since lapsed over into exaggeration. But this time would be different.

Hearing of the Israeli Defense Force wanting 'volunteers' to be a part of a large international military project, Cecannia was intrigued. Not knowing what she was getting into, in her mind it would be one last hurrah, a period of a year or two of service before going back to a desk job. Having to sign several non-disclosure agreements and go through background checks that might as well have spawned through several generations of her family, she put her name forwards.

And was selected as an Israeli candidate for the X-COM project, her name among those put forwards as representatives of the military.

Psychological Profile:

*Calm: Cecannia might not have seen it all, but she can make a good show of pretending to have. She might not be there with a quip, but she knows the best way to maintain a sense of control in the chaos of events is to remain calm. So, even when she is confused, agitated, or in above her head she places a priority on being calm, and presenting an external facade that everything will be all right and everything will be good so long as everyone does what they're supposed to.

* By the Book: Cecannia might not be a rules lawyer, but she does what she's told. Coming from a military background and a heavily regimented lifestyle, she understands that compartmentalization of information and action is important. So she does what she's told, and she doesn't ask questions, and acts within the limits of her orders and instructions, and doesn't want to have to know more of what her part in the bigger role is.

* Sarcastic: She has a subtle but present sense of sarcasm as her main sense of humor. Where others might make jokes, Cecannia presents more of a dour and almost cynical air while doing her job. She's not one to toss zingers, and when she does they often come off as very biting.

* Long View: Cecannia has lived a life in a region that has had cycles passing on by for millenia of constant change, and also looks at things from the perspective of a historian, so she tends to take the long view of things. That events are cyclical and certain patterns will repeat themselves. And it doesn't matter if you lose today, one battle isn't going to cost you the war.

Skills:

Some soldiers are crack shots. Others have inhuman feats of endurance, courage, and initiative. Some have remarkable grasps of tactics and can adjust in combat to virtually any circumstances no matter what they might be up against. But in the field against the aliens, everyone starts out as a Rookie.

Cecannia is not one of those.

What she is is a calm, rational NCO who is fluent in several languages, including Hebrew, Russian, English, Arabic, Persian, and German, and passable in several others. She is calm, observant, and dedicated. While she will not be the first to figure something out, she will persevere until she does. She is analytical and voices a perspective from her age and her academic background that for other soldiers might not be present.

This is balanced by the fact her combat skills are competent and adequate, not elite. She is not the best of the best in the world. She is not a crack shot. She is not a Paratrooper with unbeatable skills in Krav Magda, the martial art of the Israeli Military. She is not trained by the Mossad and capable of sneaking to anywhere and breaking in undetected.

She is, however, a studious, regimented, rational, and dedicated soldier who plays by the rules and does what she is told without hesitation and is willing to play her part and her role and does not question orders. She is aware she is but one small piece of a greater puzzle and she does not need to know more. All she has to do is do what she is told and complete her objectives. And try and stay alive.

L

Lizardman200

First Name:Hunter
Last Name:Hendrickson

Biographical Synopsis: Once a soldier in the assault on Osama bin Laden, He enlists in the X-COM project to save humanity, to save is family, and just to kick alien ass. He doesn't care what happens to him in the process, he just wants to survive and live to see the light of another day. He also had a history with several hired thugs and can kill five men with only a knife. He also has a cancer but he doesn't care, he mostly ignores it but in a horrible accident he had amnesia so his true identity is unknown.

Thommc18

First Name: Tom
Last Name: Mackenzie
Biographical Synopsis: 35 years old. I'm an ex-S.E.A.L. and took part in very discreet operations in desert shield, the beginning of America's involvement in Iraq. I believe the one mission that distinguished me from my fellow soldiers was our third. We were going undercover put basically. We were blending into the population in Baghdad until we had enough info to launch our mission a high-value target. We were supposed to kill him. It took two months to gather enough info on him. There were a few times when our cover was almost blown, due to bad informants. Once the info was gathered we took a few days to prepare an attack plan and do equipment checks. The day before we were going to attack we saw an increase in armed men throughout the town. Our hideout was placed on the outskirts, away from the civilian housing. It had small mountains on two sides of it, one was the city of Baghdad, and the other was an open plain in which we had our AA weapons stashed. It was a few hundred yards away from our housing. We had three of our eight men stationed on guard while the rest of us slept. At around three in the morning I heard gunshots from the roof. I jumped off my bunk and grabbed my M4A1 Carbine. I rushed to the rooftop with Eddie, my brother, on my heels. One of our men, Luis, was laying on the ground being treated for a gunshot wound to the stomach. The man treating him was Jamie. The other one, Cory, was returning fire. I rushed over to Cory to ask where they were coming from, "The South and West, on the tops of the mountains!" I ran to the south side and started returning fire. Two clips in I was shot in the shoulder, it only skimming the top. It still burned horribly though. "Luis is GONE!" Jamie yelled from the other side of the roof. It hit me hard but I didn't show it. I can't let that effect me right now, mourn later. I turned to try and see how it was going with Cory and my brother only to see Cory get shot. He went down to the ground. Eddie checked his pulse, "NO! SHIT!" I could tell what that meant. I turned and focused on my side again. They were closing in, there were a ton. They had snipers at the top of the mountains, well outside my rifle's range. Jamie ran beside me to help. He opened fire and was almost immediately hit. It got him in the chest, right where his heart was. I leaned down to check his pulse, I couldn't feel anything. "WE'RE THE ONLY ONES LEFT EDDIE!" I yelled. I started to run out of ammo and turned to my brother, "WE HAVE TO FALL BACK!" We took off running to the stairs. We reached the first floor and busted out the door. We were running to the Humvee when my brother was shot, most of his calf muscle was gone, and now that I think about, I wonder how they got that kind of high caliber sniper rifle. I ran to him and started to try and carry him. I got him in the passenger seat when a shot whizzed by my head. Blood splattered on the passenger seat and my brothers head hit the dashboard. I lost IT. I turned towards the mountains and sprayed. I was crying and screaming with rage at the same time. I emptied a clip, my last clip. When I realized I had no ammo, I came to my senses. I ran to the driver door and drove, with my brother, DEAD, beside me. I radioed base and told what happened, when I got there I opened the door to medics trying to help me out. I passed out when my foot hit the ground. I woke up and had faint memories of what happened, but I thought it was a dream and wanted to know why I was in a bed. When a nurse came to check on me I asked," Why am I here and do you know where Eddie Mackenzie is?" Her face flushed, and at that moment it hit me, I drove back with me brother dead beside me. He's dead. I cried and mourned more than I should have. When I was let out of the hospital I was told I was being honorably discharged and was to receive the Silver Star. I couldn't enjoy the pride that came with it. Today I am a security guard for a jewelry store. I've been out of the S.E.A.L.s for ten years and I still have nightmares.
-------- Tom Mckenzie

jacob chapman

First Name:scrappy
Last Name:do

Biographical Synopsis: scrappy do is a man in his middle 20s (26) his dream to become a captain for the detectives in Australia In one if the big drug raid all the officers were ambushed and killed and while all the cops where panicking he took command rallied everyone and took a big drug boss down. Everyone things he could be a big leader one day.

L

Luke Daniels

First Name: Nathaniel

Last Name: Greyson

Date of Birth: May 4th 1981

Place of Birth: Vancouver British Columbia

Height: 6'3

Weight: 189 lb

Eye Colour: Green

Biographical Synopsis: Graduated from the University of British Columbia. Majored in Biochemistry. Enlisted for the Canadian Armed forces on April 7th 2001. Completed basic training with above average result. Physical ability outstanding, Mental state Stable. However Candidate prefers to improvise during battle situations. Would often remark "War isn't black and white. So our tactics cant be cookies cutter either". After basic Pvt. Greyson was transferred into the Blue Barracuda's; an elite naval task force. The Blue Barracuda's were instrumental to the success of Desert Storm, and operation Liberation. Pvt.Greyson's first mission was a covert strike against Soudanian Pirates. As an initiation Pvt.Greyson received the honors of first contact. Pvt.Greyson was quickly pinned downed by three armed assailants with no assistance avaliable. The situation as described by Pvt.Greysons CO "It looked as if things were going to shit. we had a rookie pinned down, and all our other opretatives tied up in firefights. Intel dropped the ball we were expecting a small group of insugents. Instead we got the whole damn fleet." Pvt.Greyson untilized his tactical rigging and a life preserver to slip his assailants. Tying the rigging on to the boats port side railing and to the life preserver Greyson created a pivot and axel system. Swinging across the side of the ship Pvt.Greyson was able to successfully flank the pirates not only saving himself but four other Barraccudas. Upon return to base Pvt.Greyson was awarded an Iron Cross for acts of selflessness and valor. Other notable operations for Pvt.Greyson would be: Operations Blue Night, Creeping Moss, Cold Wind. However Operation Ivory Coast stands out from the rest. During this operation Pvt.Greyson witnessed the death of 5 of his fellow Barraccudas. Greyson and the others were enroute to pick up some injured soldiers for extraction when their Vehicle hit an IED killing two of his squadmates. They were quickly swarmed by dessert insurgents. One by one they were picked off while attempting to reach the LZ. Half a click from the LZ Greyson was the only one left. He did what had to be done. He used his team mates dead bodies as human shields from the oncomming fire. His fellow Barraccudas blamed him for the botched mission. After which he promptly left the Barraccudas. Now a decorated officer Greyson looks to once again serve his country but not against Al-Qaeda,or anything from this earth. Greyson is willing to start over in the X-COM project without the shadows of his past haunting him. Officer Greyson has attached a note to his applications.

Note: Commander, as i am sure your recruitment offices have done a full check on me you already know of Ivory Coast. I assure you i am field ready, and that is behind me. To this day i live by the Barraccuda Code "Je vais toujour vous trouver". I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

The Barraccuda code: The waves shall not halt us, The winds cannot hinder us, The dark conceals us, it keeps us, it calls to us. Through flame and storm we march. In life and death we serve. Je ne suis plus, Je vais toujour vous trouver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taxor_the_First

First Name: Isaac
Last Name:
Anderson
Biographical Synopsis:
Isaac was born in Sydney, Australia, in the year 1984. Before the age of 23, Isaac was an ordinary civilian, receiving a law degree at Sydney University. At around this point, he became involved with the criminal underworld of Australia, later becoming a contract assassin, in the employ of any and all who would pay. At the end of these first two years, he was caught and arrested by the police. In an effort to keep him quiet, the local Triad operative (whom he was currently employed by) sent an agent to his family house, as a threat. The situation turned ugly when his father Jason Anderson began threatening the agent, prompting the agent to attack him. This degenerated into a fight which resulted in the deaths of all of Isaac's family. It is thought that this is the point where he developed his multiple personality disorder. Horrified, and consumed by a desire for revenge, he told the police everything he knew, and was released as per their deal.

Two days later, all Triad leaders in Australia were dead.

Isaac's last known location before his "recruitment" was in Italy in 2014, assisting the mafia. From here, he was instructed by the mafia to eliminate another Triad boss, this time in China.

Isaac was caught in China, three days before the first alien attack, when an official recognized him and began blabbering incoherently to guards. He managed to say "judge" whilst pointing to Isaac in a cafe, prompting a massive police force to storm the cafe and surround him. He reportedly refused to leave until he'd finished his cake.

While government officials dithered about what to do with him, news arrived of alien attacks on civilians, and the activation of the X-COM project. Minutes later, a man wearing a suit and glasses and flanked by two soldiers appeared at the high-security facility where Isaac was being held, and demanded entrance. He later walked out, accompanied by the two soldiers carrying an unconscious Isaac between them. The man in the suit was holding a slip of paper with a list of terms and a signature at the bottom.

Isaac had been given two choices - life in prison, or X-COM.

He chose X-COM.

Psychologist Evaluation: As per your concerns regarding the mental health of some of our applicants, I took the liberty of interviewing Isaac. His case is... interesting, to say the least. As stated in his bio, he has M.P.D., but unlike most sufferers of this condition, Isaac does not experience the typical memory loss between switching alters. He has two alters - his "normal" personality and another, more detached personality which insists on using his criminal name of "The Judge". Strangely, these alters seem to coexist in his brain at all times, and his ability to switch between them rapidly has created some odd situations during the interview, including one incident where the Judge did not agree with Isaac's answer to a question, and they spent another five minutes arguing over it.
In response to your concerns regarding cohesion with other team members, I believe that Isaac will be fine. His condition will not be a threat within the base or on the field, and as a result of the Judge's detached personality, he is unlikely to panic in action.
Signed: Dr Jerry Atrics, Phd

Signed: Isaac Anderson

Last edited:
T

Tallen121

First Name: Tallen
Last Name: Branco

Biographical Synopsis: Darkness... that's all I can remember... Darkness, and chrysalids. I was on vacation that day, the day of the first terror site. I planned on spending my day lying poolside with a martini in my hand... but what i got was a pool full of blood and a night I'll never forget... That night the town was invaded by the aliens. Everyone I knew... everyone I loved was killed, and their carcasses re-animated by those alien freaks... I had to kill her... I had to kill my own daughter! They took her from me... They took everything from me... After I got away from them, I hid in a small ventilation shaft... Nothing but Darkness, and the screams of people who hadn't been as fortunate as I.
After a few hours, the screams stopped, and it was just silence... then, gunfire... and alien shrieks... After a while I exited the vent... what I saw were 4-6 men, in brightly colored uniforms... Their insignia read "Vigilo Confido" and they called themselves... Xcom...
As I walked through the streets, the blood of the innocent rose to my ankles... their bodies lie mangled on the floor, their intenstines ripped out by their internal invaders.. I felt sick to my stomach.. then i walked past her... Emerald Branco... lying in the spot where I killed her in self defense... I fell over on my knees beside her... I cried uncontrollably. I heard a solder mutter something in the background. My knowledge of foreign languages helped me identify what he said.
"This man is the only survivor" Said the soldier. Another soldier walked up to me, kneeled besides me, and spoke to me.
"We all lose something in times of war. Some of us, more than others. Come with us. We can help you." Said the kneeling soldier. He placed hi hand on my back. I slowly stopped crying.
"What were those... those things?" I asked.
"Chrysalids... an insect like species, as you probably already know, they zombify their victims... using them against us." Said the soldier.
"C-Chrysalids..." I muttered. My new nemesis had been identified.
"Yes. Hey, what about this? If you come with us, we can help you, if you tell us what happened here."
"I will come with you... I will tell you everything. And in return, you will train me, and you will help me, help me learn how to kill these... monsters. And then I will drive their species into the ground." I tightened my fist.
"You know, revenge isnt going to fix this."
"I know. But it will certainly work as a painkiller." I stood up.
"There are more than chrysalids attacking Earth right now."
"But I don't care about them. The aliens can kill me... but AFTER I kill me some chrysalids." I said. the soldier looked at the ground for a moment.
"Fine. come with us... Welcome to Xcom" the soldier said.
"vigilo Confido" I replied. The soldier stood up and looked at his squad.
"Boys, I think we have ourself's a terror expert." The soldier said. The other soldiers cheered. I wiped off my tears, and swore to myself that that would be the last time I would cry until every Chrysalid had wished they had never existed. "Good to have you, because We need all the help we can get."
"Remember soldier, I am not here to save the world... I'm here to avenge my daughter."
"C'mon Avenger. It's time to go back to base." He began to walk towards a large plane.
"Hm... Avenger... That could become catchy..." I said as I walked behind him.
Darkness... That's how it all began... And I was going to make sure that every Chrysalid out there had to experience the same Darkness that I did...

D

Dernz

First name: Viktor
Last name: Predloz
Nickname: Big Red

Biography: Born in the Soviet Union on August 8th, 1986, Viktor was raised as an only child. His mother sadly died shortly after his birth, and his father had to drop everything to raise his son. Showing great physical advancement since birth, Viktor had taken his first steps when he was only two months old. His father served as a Spetsnaz Operative and Viktor's dream as a child was to be just like his father and join the Spetsnaz. However, after the Soviet Union dissolved in December of 1991, Viktor and his father faced troubled times. By the winter of 1994, Viktor and his father moved to the United States in search of economic opportunity. Viktor's father landed a job in as a computer technician for Walt Disney World in Florida. Viktor was always treated different throughout entry and middle school for reasons he did not understand. Viktor did not know what a communist was fully, and for some reason he could not understand why everyone always called him a "Red". Viktor took up this nickname, which was meant to mock him for his communist upbringing, happily. Viktor always would wear red clothing, red pants, red shoes, everything was red. When Viktor entered high school he tried out for the freshman football team and soon became a superstar in the school. Viktor was fast, strong, and had the mentality of a man who wanted to rip someones head off. Viktor became the starting middle linebacker for the varsity team his freshman year.

Viktor's athletic ability landed him a sponsorship into Westpoint. Ironically a boy raised in a communist country was the star athlete for the nations Army Academy. It was here that Viktor exploded into a behemoth of muscle and brute strength. He no longer was just "Red" he was "Big Red". Viktor's studies included computer sciences as well as biology in the Academy. In 2008 when Viktor graduated from the Academy at the top of his class, he was sent to Afghanistan to oversee bases in the red zones scattered around the region.

Viktor did not see much action his first year of service. A lone armed insurgent here, a car bomb down the street there. Viktor had been sparred the brutality of the War on Terror for a time. In fact the most terrifying thing Viktor saw on a day to day basis was his mountain of paperwork. However, in March of 2009, Viktor was to oversee a US convoy in Jalalabad. The convoy was attacked by a car bomb, leaving none of his men harmed but killing six civilians. Viktor had seen the loss of life before, but he never had felt responsible for the loss of innocent life. As the War on Terror waged, Viktor climbed the ranks from a 2nd Lieutenant to a Major by the end of his first tour.

After his quick and many promotions during his first tour, Viktor no longer worked in the heat of the desert. Viktor now found himself working in an anti-terrorism unit operating within the United States. Viktor changed his role from giving orders to following orders from high command. Viktor excelled within his unit that he was invited to try out for a unit which technically did not exist. Seal Team Six. Viktor was able to make it through the brutal physical and mental training and became a member of Seal Team Six. Viktor was trained to become a deadly killer with all weapons, but was always fond of the bigger guns. His comrades always joked he was compensating for something.

In the early months of 2011, Viktor and his team were briefed by a CIA operative. They were to begin preparing for a raid of a compound in Abottabad. No one knew exactly who the raid was for. Obviously some head honcho in the war on Terror but no one knew for sure until President Barack Obama called his team, personally letting them know the man they were looking for in the compound could possibly be Osama Bin Laden. May 2nd rolled around when Viktor and his team got the green light for the raid. As Viktor and his team entered the compound, Viktor attempted to breach a door and was shot four times in the chest with an automatic assault rifle, shredding through his body armor. This only seemed to make Viktor angry, as he picked himself off the ground and his M249 off his chest. He unleashed a bullet storm through the door shredding the guard on the other side to bits. When the second squad reported a positive ID on Osama, Viktor and his team were extracted back to base. Viktor claimed to not feel the four bullets go through him and thought the body armor caught them he explained to the medic. No one knew how Viktor not only survived the four shots to the chest, but also stand back up and act as if he had only the wind was knocked out of him. Viktor was some sort of crazy.

As Viktor laid in the infirmary for his chest wounds watching the news spread of how the US finally caught the hide and go seek champion of the world, he was approached by a man in a suit. CIA? No, he didn't have the same type of stiff look on his face. FBI? No this guy had swagger. The man simply approached Viktor, looked down on him as he laid in bed and asked "Can you do more?" to which Viktor responded "Of course." The man smirked and said "We will keep in touch then" as he walked away from Viktor's bed. After Viktor recovered from his wounds he went back to Florida and became a prison guard for a local detention center. Viktor never got married or never settled down, he just couldn't find "the one". As Viktor was leaving his shift one night in March of 2015, he was greeted by a man in a suit. The man handed Viktor a manila folder which contents would present Viktor an opportunity of a life time.

Personality: Great thinker. Socially outgoing, great sense of humor. Protecting others is second nature. Will not stop until the job is completed.

Physical Appearance: Dark brown eyes and hair. Hair always kept short in a buzz cut. On missions prefers to cover his face for intimidation values.
Height: 6ft 5in
Weight: 250lbs
Build: Muscular

JuliaMaluca

First Name: Abigail
Last Name:
Black
marital status: divorced
notable: bullet scar on left upper shoulder

Biographical Synopsis:

Daughter and daughter-in-law of leaders of a "white supremacy" movement. Home-schooled to fit this movement, with heavy emphasis on weapon and survival training, history and military tactics (recruiting officer's note: or what these people called "tactics").
Started teaching other children of the movement on her father's orders when she was 20 and married her father's second-in-command's son when both turned 21. Loyal and believing member of the movement until about 30. Marriage started to deteriorate when it was established that Mrs. Black is unable to get pregnant (see medical report/psychological evaluation report). Filed for divorce several years of domestic abuse later. Husband tried to kill her when she arrived at their home to collect his signature on the divorce papers. Was saved by emergency surgery. Divorce was granted by the same court that convicted her husband of attempted manslaughter a year later.
Mrs. Black was found by Strike One on the edge an abduction scene, shooting and yelling at an empty alien pod. She explicitly expressed her desire to exert revenge on the extraterrestials (though not so eloquently).
(Psychological evaluation indicates that Mrs. Black is able to handle the stress on the battlefield, though she might be a liability to non-caucasian soldiers, even though she declared herself "healed" from her upbringing).

First Name: Michael
Last Name: Angel
Nickname: "Guardian"

Biographical Synopsis: Michael Angel hated his named, for good reason. People would automatically assume that he felt he was better than everyone, and they would take pains to "put him in his place" whenever he did anything simply for the good of everyone else. An offer to help with schoolwork would be met with a scathing glare, and volunteering to work extra hours brought mocking laughs. He was even belittled when he volunteered for the army at the age of eighteen.

Michael Angel served for five years. He didn't notice it when his squadmates slowly stopped with their ridiculing. All he focused on was the next mission, the next objective, and making sure everyone got back home safely. He developed a wholly undeserved reputation as a good luck charm when his squad barely avoided getting blown to smithereens by an IED. He only realized that for once in his life he was actually liked when he learned his new nickname among his peers was "Guardian Angel".

Michael Angel is now twenty-four. He's enlisting again, after only a few months back from combat. This time, he's enlisting in the mysterious organization X-COM, as one of its special forces. He's expecting to be ridiculed for his name again, because after all, Angels aren't supposed to get their hands dirty. Still, even if the highest commander belittles him, he won't hold it against him. All he wants to do is protect and serve, and maybe give X-COM a little of his fictional good luck.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if these soldiers nicknamed him "Guardian Angel" again, he thinks to himself as he signs the pledge at the end of his papers. Then he glanced again at the name of the commander, having not quite registered that word before hand.

Michael Angel grins. Christopher Odd. Well, he can at least be assured that the commander won't give him grief.

"I've finished filling this out," Michael says to the woman who handed him the papers.

The woman takes the papers and barely reads the top line before saying, "Your real last name, sir."

Michael sighs. "That is my real last name, ma'am."

The woman sneers. "If you think you can get into X-COM with that attitude, you're sorely mistaken. I should almost shred these right now."

Michael stood with a polite smile, hands clasped together behind his back. She's probably having a bad day.

"Whatever," the woman growls as she puts the papers into a folder. "I'll make sure Commander Odd takes a look at this."

Michael watches in confusion as the woman takes a bright red marker out of her pocket, then gapes as the woman writes "Suggested Action: Immediate Rejection" in bold letters on the front. Before he can say anything, the woman slides it through a slot in the wall to be processed.

The woman grins cruelly at Michael Angel. "You really shouldn't bother staying, by the way. Only the best and brightest are accepted into X-COM, not whiny children with authority issues."

Michael Angel closed his mouth, smiles, and sits down. He'll wait as long as he needs to for his answer. Surely the commander will see through the words plastered on his file. A similar thing had happened when he first enlisted in a far more ordinary military...

A

Aqfitz

First Name: Oliver
Last Name: Bailey

Biographical Synopsis: Born in Green bay, Wisconsin, Oliver lived a pretty normal life. One day, a U.S. Army recruiter came to his middle school to educate him and his fellow classmates. Ever since, Oliver has had an obsession with the Army. Oliver graduated high school with a high score on his ASVAB test. He enlisted to pay for college. He trained hard and long for the Army. He had trouble at first, but overcame odds. His first deployment was in a small convoy escort, which was ambushed. He survived with the other majority of the convoy. Oliver noticed that one of his best friends was shot and suffered a collapsed lung. He passed away, and Oliver did his best not to be overcome his feelings in public. Since then, he honed his craft and continued to move up in the ranks. He specialized in several weapons, such as Assault Rifles, LMGs, Rockets, Snipers, Knife's, and Shotgun's. One day, Oliver was sent into a very dangerous mission. The head of the mission, who lied his way into his position, almost led everyone to certain death. Oliver took control and led the evac of the squad. Oliver continued his way up the ranks, becoming one of the best soldiers in the army.

Pledge:
I have, on this day, voluntarily enlisted myself, as an elite military soldier, in the X-COM special forces. I am giving myself, unconditionally, to the cause. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as set forth by my supreme commander ChristopherOdd. I trust him with my life. And by taking this oath, I realize, I may ultimately lose something while defending the planetary systems. My life.

D

DanTheOnlyMan

First Name: Andrea
Last Name: Vilonovic (Vilo-No-Vich)
Sex: F
Date of Birth:November 24, 1987
Height:5'11
Weight:153 lbs

Bio: A Serbian refugee currently residing with in the United State. Andrea was put under Wit-Sec by interpole because she had witnessed a Russian Mogul purchasing kidnapped women. She has not been forthcoming as to how she came underthese circumstances or about her prior history other than that she is an orpan, and her parents left her at birth. Andrea has no official records. She is a ghost in the system. Accounting for the current extra-terrestial incurssion interpole is worried the Russian may try to remove Andrea while the USA is focused elsewhere. The United States goverment has petitioned she be put under X-COM project as it is the safest place for her. Aswell as she may be more open in an international environment and under constant pressure. Although X-COM is not a baby sitting company Andrea has shown compitence with firearms as well as a quick mind that may be an asset to the X-COM project. She infact thinks X-COM could be a second family to her. Pages from her personal journal read " Today officer Ron tells me i may be moving to some secret project. He says its super top secret and im lucky. I looked through his e-mail while he was out getting chinese food. Aperantly this X-COM project is a real life power ranger militarly outfit. I hope i get in. Maybe there i can find my place in the world. It is so cold alone. It is so cold in the dark. I long for the warmth a family provides. And who know maybe i will be a kick ass pink ranger :)."

Status
Not open for further replies.