X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Well when you have a chainsaw for a hand and are still able to use a shotgun in the other, it tends to make it irrelevant what your name is. Hell he probably could have been named Betty and we'd still think he was a badass.
Ssh. Don't suggest a guy being named Betty unless you want the makers of Kung Pow: Enter the Fist to sue you.

Or Sue, cause my friend did that, and Johnny Cash rose from the dead just to sue him.

...to many sues...

BMPixy

On an unrelated note, I bet you forgot I even had fighter pilots, eh?

LOOK UNDER YOUR SEAT! YOU GET CHEESE! YOU GET CHEESE! EVERYONE GETS CHEESE!

DarkGemini24601

It's time for some more psionic information! Bolded text is new stuff, and I'll be going over it below quotes. When Zmby has a chance he can edit the new stuff into the Lore Thread, unbolded of course.
Telekinesis - Lifting objects with psionic force and manipulating them in this manner. (Better used to move objects at rest, but can be used to stop motion of other objects, particularly larger solid objects.)
Specifying what telekinesis can do, as opposed to...
Telekinetic Field - The use of telekinetic force to stop incoming projectiles, often used as a psionic shield.(Best used to stop objects that are already in motion such as bullets or lasers, though it can be used to move immobile objects. Takes on two forms: a telekinetic barrier made up of two telekinetic fields pulling on each other to make the shield more solid, or a telekinetic field that pulls objects or stops them from moving with an opposing force.)
...a clarification on how Telekinetic Fields work, especially in regards to the two different variants. The barriers are solid defenses, where the fields take a bit more power in some cases but are intangible. Barriers break by force or exhaustion, fields dissipate when the psion is worn out.
Destructokinesis - Essentially, the power to destroy in a limited capacity. (Most of the time, this obeys the Law of Conversation of Mass, and it is merely used to create explosions or break things apart. A very talented psion could use the ability to erase things entirely, though it has its limits even then.)
Reworked Destructokinesis. Explosion type stuff is what we've seen from that Muton Gunner we have in a small capacity, and Phobos in a big way with his aptly-named "Annihilation Surge". The latter falls more towards the 'erase' usage.
Psi Panic - If the target's will is overcome, the psion can make them panic, often by bringing up horrific memories or images. (Advanced form can be used simply to make a target anxious, slightly lowering their willpower.)
Strengthening mental psionics. More explanation for this when I get to an advanced form of mindfray.
Suggestion - A variant of mind control. The user places a thought or sequence of action into an individuals mind, and that person enacts this 'suggestion' if possible. Slightly easier for the psion to mentally dominate an opponent than with mind control, but the user does not have full control. They only program a sequence of actions as opposed to controlling said actions.
Simple clarification for Suggestion.
Threads of psionic energy (coming in various appearances) that disrupts the target's concentration if their will is overcome, causing them to hallucinate and suffer neural pain. (Can be used in an advanced form that discards the disorientation and mental damage, and focuses on breaking through an enemy's will. Makes it easier to temporarily weaken an opponent's willpower at the cost of the other effects.)
Why did I add an advanced mindfray? So mental powers aren't absolute trash against anyone with brain mods or mind shields. Because those aren't super hard to come by, and I want mental powers to remain useful this time.
Physical Enhancement - Strengthens the user's body using psionic energy, making them physically stronger, faster, more durable, more perceptive, and so on.
More clarification for PE.
Empathy - Specialized telepathy that allows blues to communicate with animals, terrestrial or otherwise. It can also be used defensively like psi inspiration to soothe allies or at least understand their mental anguish and attempt to correct it, or offensively to force certain emotions onto enemies if their will is overcome.
Reworked animal empathy into something a lot cooler, especially considering Dinah has "Empathic Synergy", Jake had Empathic abilities, and that offensive use wasn't made up by me. :p Go blues, in any case. Yes, I'm biased.
Imbuing - The power to strengthen physical objects, making them harder and stronger. Can also be used to supercharge the power cores of armor or weaponry. Cannot be used on soft organic material in normal circumstances.
Clarification. Remember what happened to Aya when she self-imbued? Sam is special, folks.
Oxykinesis - The ability to modify the pH of liquid or aqueous substances. Can be used to manipulate solutions into strong acids or bases, or even create them out of psionic energy.
A new green ability at last, inspired by something else I didn't make. Lots of credit to a RPer here, you know who you are. To Zombie, this goes between psi inspiration and override on the Psionics post.
Shockwave - Generates a wave of force that can push targets back, knock them over, or even break objects. (Functionally similar enough to regular telekinesis that it can be blocked by a Neural Feedback user with telekinesis)
Shockwave clarification. Go Violets! Too bad we don't have many... bleh. I can attribute that to mental powers seeming weak, though again, tried to fix that here.
Telekinesis - Lifting objects with psionic force and manipulating them in this manner. (Better used to move objects at rest, but can be used to stop motion of other objects, particularly larger solid objects.)
Psi Panic - If the target's will is overcome, the psion can make them panic, often by bringing up horrific memories or images. (Advanced form can be used simply to make a target anxious, slightly lowering their willpower.)
Because these two abilities reappear in orange, made a note of it here.
Rift - A psychokinetic storm that lifts and damages anything in its path. A powerful ability, it initially manifests in a small and weak scope, but can be specialized to be concentrated like a tornado and extremely destructive, or wide but less destructive like a hurricane.
No edits for Rift, just want to remind people it does damage. It's like a mix of telekinesis and psi lance if you want to think of it that way. I say this because I vaguely remember someone under the impression that it only moved things around, and I had to correct that.

Additionally, I'd like to say two things:

1. If you gain access to all 5 abilities on a color, you have a moderate chance to gain the "Master Ability" of your color. (Small chance if you have 3-4 strong ones, though it's much less likely and I won't allow it as much) For Violet, you only need either Suggestion or Mind Control, having both doesn't really increase your chances by much. I won't say what these abilities are until people get a chance to access them though. I will say that we've already seen one in VoF, which hints at one color's Master Ability at least... though the person who has it is a special case in regards to how they got it.

2. I'll be posting our arrival at Forseti shortly. No extra content, but w/e.

DarkGemini24601

1B. Psionic Rules aren't ironclad, so sometimes someone might be able to do both main types of biokinesis, as we saw with an antagonist Pixy played last season.

2B. Post is now up. Make sure you say we're at Forseti if you specify broad locations for your posts. We're no longer in Subspace. (Why the heck did you call it Slipspace, Pixy?)

DarkGemini24601

I'd like to do a collab or two with Zombie, Frost, Ramma, and Dahl today. Two of which I already started. I will do them over conversations if necessary, though I'm doing the collab with Dahl on a gdoc later today, and I'd prefer to do the others on gdocs as well if it's possible for Frost and Ramma.

BMPixy

1B. Psionic Rules aren't ironclad, so sometimes someone might be able to do both main types of biokinesis, as we saw with an antagonist Pixy played last season.

2B. Post is now up. Make sure you say we're at Forseti if you specify broad locations for your posts. We're no longer in Subspace. (Why the heck did you call it Slipspace, Pixy?)

Because I've spent the majority of the last seventy-two hours powering through all five Halos with a buddy of mine, and after that words lose their meaning.

BMPixy

Well, that was most certainly an interesting post. Look forward to where it leads.

On an unrelated note, meet our new head of engineering everyone. Expect her intro post in the ten/fifteen minutes.

Adrammalech

One note...

When you say "advanced form," do you mean it's harder to create anxiety than panic? Because I remember using anxiety/discomfort as an inexperienced stepping stone for panic in SoD. Also, I'm on my doc when you're ready, Gem.

DarkGemini24601

One note...

When you say "advanced form," do you mean it's harder to create anxiety than panic? Because I remember using anxiety/discomfort as an inexperienced stepping stone for panic in SoD. Also, I'm on my doc when you're ready, Gem.
Ehhh, maybe alternate form would be a better word, but W/E.

DarkGemini24601

What makes it advanced is that it's easier to land on a high-will target, whereas basic anxiety has to overcome a more difficult will check.

DarkGemini24601

"It was Tracy, right? Does she know what you... did..." Brigid looked into his eyes, and despite feeling defiant, she felt a pang of guilt at his expression. "She's... she's cute."

Connor's breathing quickened and he kept his hand extended. "I didn't do anything, now give me my picture."

"It was Tracy, right? Does she know what you... did..." Brigid looked into his eyes, and despite feeling defiant, she felt a pang of guilt at his expression. "She's... she's cute."

Connor's breathing quickened and he kept his hand extended. "I didn't do anything, now give me my picture."

DarkGemini24601

Marine, you have...
"M-Maybe... I don't know... I've lived on Earth my whole life... Maybe I could just relocate back to Latvia..."

"There you go." Brigid patted him on the shoulder. "Start planning for when you get her back... when you get her back, you here me?" She nudged Korra's arm. "And you ever need someone to talk to, remember to seek us out."

"M-Maybe... I don't know... I've lived on Earth my whole life... Maybe I could just relocate back to Latvia..."

"There you go." Brigid patted him on the shoulder. "Start planning for when you get her back... when you get her back, you here me?" She nudged Korra's arm. "And you ever need someone to talk to, remember to seek us out."
...dishonored the Shinobi clan.