X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

PrismaCube

Wow it's been a while since I've been on here. Brings back memories. You guys and girls still doing X-COM roleplays, huh? Awesome.

Brycart! It's been to long but I had a feeling that you of all people would return someday :3
Tell us how have you been?

DarkGemini24601

After a series of beeps, James' drone unloaded it's power clip into the side of the creature, the sound triggering it's special overwatch. The beast slammed into the floor, burns all over it's body as James replied, "Anti-stealth overwatch, designed after I almost got choked out by a Seeker, it fires towards sources of sound not caused by targets painted as friendly. By the way, you should probably watch your back."

Just so you know, Frost, that only works if they make a sound. Seekers are pretty much silent so you'd only get a normal reaction shot off on one when they appear. (I am fine with the Drone having overwatch and some other cantrips, just don't make it more powerful than a small modified repair unit could reasonably be.) :p

Frostlich1228

Just so you know, Frost, that only works if they make a sound. Seekers are pretty much silent so you'd only get a normal reaction shot off on one when they appear. (I am fine with the Drone having overwatch and some other cantrips, just don't make it more powerful than a small modified repair unit could reasonably be.) :p

Does that mean the compact grenade launcher idea is sixed? :p

DarkGemini24601

Is what? I don't know what the hell 'sixed' means. And this is the first time I've heard of this. (A compact grenade launcher would have too much recoil for a small drone to stabilize, just like how mini shotguns made drones into suicide units)

DarkGemini24601

Again, I must highlight the importance of consulting with me about these things. It's better to make sure an idea you had is acceptable before going through with it, otherwise we get a situation like this:

James adds a flamethrower to his drone and shows it off, and that's the centerpiece of a post. The problem is, it can't have a flamethrower, so the entire post is negated. Sucks for everyone.

DarkGemini24601

Loving all the collabs.

And as a side question, is anyone interested in playing an ADVENT character? The character limit will probably be 3 for most people, but that doesn't apply to antagonists, who have a separate maximum. I won't promise that everyone can play the dark stormtroopers and ayyliums, but I want to see if anyone is interested. So far Zombie probably has a couple of roles with the surviving Overseers (not all of them will be alive in 2039, though we killed a grand total of zero before being defeated. Ouch.), Marine's got... something up his sleeve, and I of course have plans.

Ha. As if I'd tell you anything.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Loving all the collabs.

And as a side question, is anyone interested in playing an ADVENT character? The character limit will probably be 3 for most people, but that doesn't apply to antagonists, who have a separate maximum. I won't promise that everyone can play the dark stormtroopers and ayyliums, but I want to see if anyone is interested. So far Zombie probably has a couple of roles with the surviving Overseers (not all of them will be alive in 2039, though we killed a grand total of zero before being defeated. Ouch.), Marine's got... something up his sleeve, and I of course have plans.

Hmm... mmmmmaybe.

BMPixy

Loving all the collabs.

KEIKKAKU-INTENSIFIES.jpg

Also, having a chance to play a classic Les Collaborateur? Count me in!

DarkGemini24601

I'll allow Pixy, though I will say that the Honored Overseer may have passed away or have otherwise been... ahem, removed from service. Perhaps Frost as well. Keep in mind, though, that I'll be dictating what ADVENT is like. I don't know if they'll be decking civilians left and right, but we aren not playing the "Aliens are actually the good guys/ADVENT is on the same moral ground as XCOM" game. If we did, the sacrifices XCOM makes would seem somewhat meaningless and the story would go from a good sort of grim to being oppressively dark to the point of not being enjoyable.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Incidentally, and I don't mean to interrupt the discussion. Disregard this if you must.

I might have mentioned this before, and I always get an odd look from people when I say this, but one of my favorite animated movies, possibly my number one film, of all time is the 1982 animated film The Last Unicorn. It is a fantastic movie, with great animation, fantastic action scenes, a exciting story, wonderful acting, and a beautiful soundtrack.

If you have never seen it, and you have Netflix, please, I implore you. It is on Netflix now, so please see it the first chance you get. You won't regret it. (I'm watching it as I type).

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
Incidentally, and I don't mean to interrupt the discussion. Disregard this if you must.

I might have mentioned this before, and I always get an odd look from people when I say this, but one of my favorite animated movies, possibly my number one film, of all time is the 1982 animated film The Last Unicorn. It is a fantastic movie, with great animation, fantastic action scenes, a exciting story, wonderful acting, and a beautiful soundtrack.

If you have never seen it, and you have Netflix, please, I implore you. It is on Netflix now, so please see it the first chance you get. You won't regret it. (I'm watching it as I type).

Oh Danny Sexbang

Taxor_the_First

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes Frost.

Oh Danny Sexbang
*spits out drink* Wot.