X-COM/XSDF RP THINK TANK (part3)

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
I have to change my plans a little. From August 1st on the story is going on hiatus. I can't balance things like I have been anymore. I've neglected taking care of my summer homework and everything else, and it's stressing me out and eating away at me, with the help of a downward spike in my emotional stability the past week. I won't be able to do the mission tomorrow, so that's going to have to be postponed until I get back. I'll try to finish up the collaborations I had planned before I leave on Friday, but I can't make any promises about that.

I know it's unfair to demand regular participation when I can't even manage that myself anymore, and selfish of me to freeze the story for an indefinite amount of time until I can recover, but it can't go on very far without a leader. And right now I'm not worthy of that role, but there's no one else that can do it right now that knows the story and universe to the extent myself and Zombie do. And I won't make him shoulder that burden again just for my sake.
You know you have our support. Just do what you have to do. The more things you take care of, the less stress you're under, the better, both for you, and for us. I know you took a lot on your shoulders for my sake, and I can never express how much that means to me. So please, do what you need to do.

Adrammalech

I have to change my plans a little. From August 1st on the story is going on hiatus. I can't balance things like I have been anymore. I've neglected taking care of my summer homework and everything else, and it's stressing me out and eating away at me, with the help of a downward spike in my emotional stability the past week. I won't be able to do the mission tomorrow, so that's going to have to be postponed until I get back. I'll try to finish up the collaborations I had planned before I leave on Friday, but I can't make any promises about that.

I know it's unfair to demand regular participation when I can't even manage that myself anymore, and selfish of me to freeze the story for an indefinite amount of time until I can recover, but it can't go on very far without a leader. And right now I'm not worthy of that role, but there's no one else that can do it right now that knows the story and universe to the extent myself and Zombie do. And I won't make him shoulder that burden again just for my sake.

Honestly, it's fine. I've said it before, I'm fine with the pace of the game slowing down. I feel like it's moving too fast for most people. You said it yourself, there's no one else who can handle officiating the pace, so why keep the pace as is?

Frostlich1228

Honestly, it's fine. I've said it before, I'm fine with the pace of the game slowing down. I feel like it's moving too fast for most people. You said it yourself, there's no one else who can handle officiating the pace, so why keep the pace as is?

Yeah, it does feel like everything is going super fast. Maybe we could make it so one day IRl is one day in game?

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
Just FYI, I have a little project I can work on to hopefully keep people entertained while we're on break. No promises, still going over it in my head, but we'll see.

Of course, I have a bad habit of starting something I don't finish. But I promise, if I start this, it'll continue until the end.

DarkGemini24601

If people are saying I should just do one mission a month Or a similarly snailish pace you're insane. The story will never be finished and I'd be better of quitting.

Definetly not going to be on for awhile if people are using this as a chance to push their agendas on a weakened GM.

Frostlich1228

If people are saying I should just do one mission a month Or a similarly snailish pace you're insane. The story will never be finished and I'd be better of quitting.

Definetly not going to be on for awhile if people are using this as a chance to push their agendas on a weakened GM.

Or you know, a chance to make a friendly suggestion. :/

DarkGemini24601

Well, there's a reason the pacing is different. And there doesn't need to be a post per story day, unless everyone wants to exhaust their character development before the story even started. Most of you guys have been keeping up fine, with the exception of two remaining people in the story that haven't cared enough to show their faces often or post anything of value.

Last edited:

DarkGemini24601

Well, there's a reason the pacing is different. And there doesn't need to be a post per story day, unless everyone wants to exhaust their character development before the story even started. Most of you guys have been keeping up fine, with the exception of two remaining people in the story that haven't cared enough to show their faces often or post anything of value.
And those people aren't from the original eight.

Adrammalech

You're misunderstanding my meaning. I'm not saying you're weak or we should have less missions or anything like that, I just feel like you're trying to keep a pace (and putting additional stress on yourself) that you don't need to. Ultimately it's your decision and I'm fine with it, just don't break your back trying to do something just because that's what we started with.

MarineAvenger

Operator 21O
Staff member
We were just worried about you. No one is trying to undermine you or anything stupid like that, just trying to find ways that could either help you/help you out more.

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member

Everyone was just trying to help, think of ways to make it easier for you. You don't have to take it in a negative light that people are trying to manipulate you. When I was having problems during the last season, people suggested I take a break. I figured "Oh, they're worried about me and want me to relax", not "Oh, they want a break, so they manipulating me while I'm weak to suggest I take a break."

ZombieSplitter53

Game Master
Staff member
In case anyone is curious, my Dr appt work schedule is as follows:

Weds. 3-5
Thurs. 3-5
Fri. 8-5
Sat. 8-6
Sun. 9-5
Mon. 8-7
Tues. 8-5
Weds. 8-3

Damn it... this is going to be a looooong week...

Dahlexpert

Yes I know, the thumbnail is very sexual. But trust me the actual thing is funny and harmless. Truth I forgot that that was the thumbnail.

PrismaCube

Pff is anything alowed in germany anymore? Half the vids you guys post here are not allowed in my country :(

Either becuse of GEMA or because the uploader decided not to make it viewable in germany.